时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | 本剧基于真实事件改编 部分内容为戏剧创作原因进行虚构 虚构部分与任何现实人物或实体无关 | |
[00:27] | 2012年2月 贝勒医疗中心 | |
[00:53] | I can’t move. | 我动不了 |
[01:01] | Why can’t I move? | 我为什么动不了 |
[01:04] | Chris? | 克里斯 |
[01:09] | Where’s Chris? | 克里斯呢 |
[01:10] | – Try to relax. – Where’s Chris… | -尽量放松 -克里斯呢… |
[01:12] | – Doctor’s going to come in… – Duntsch? He’s my doctor. | -医生就要过来… -邓奇 他是我的医生 |
[01:13] | Take a look and see what’s going on. | 看看是什么情况 |
[01:15] | Nothing’s going on. I can’t– | 什么也没动静 我不能… |
[01:18] | Nothing works. | 什么都动不了 |
[01:23] | I can’t feel shit. | 我完全没有知觉 |
[01:28] | Chris! | 克里斯 |
[01:33] | Chris! | 克里斯 |
[01:36] | Chris! | 克里斯 |
[01:40] | Chris! | 克里斯 |
[01:57] | And move your shoulders. | 动动你的肩膀 |
[02:01] | Shrug up… | 耸肩… |
[02:04] | and down. | 向下 |
[02:06] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[02:08] | Some mobility. That’s a good sign. | 有部分活动能力 这是好迹象 |
[02:11] | Fuck some mobility. I want it all. | 去他妈的部分活动能力 我要完全能力 |
[02:14] | Jesus Christ! | 我的老天爷 |
[02:16] | Jerry… | 杰瑞 |
[02:18] | do you remember me? | 你还记得我吗 |
[02:23] | I’m Dr. Ivers. | 我是艾弗斯医生 |
[02:24] | I was the anesthesiologist in your case. | 我是你手术的麻醉师 |
[02:26] | – What’s happening to me, Doc? – We’re not sure. | -我这是怎么了 医生 -我们不能确定 |
[02:30] | I’m here to ascertain whether your partial paralysis… | 我来是要确定你的局部瘫痪… |
[02:33] | Paralysis? | 瘫痪 |
[02:34] | Is being caused by the anesthesia. | 是否是由麻醉引起 |
[02:38] | Dr. Ivers… | 艾弗斯医生… |
[02:41] | I need Chris… | 我需要克里斯… |
[02:44] | Duntsch… | 邓奇 |
[02:46] | my doctor. | 我的医生 |
[02:50] | Please, call his ass. | 求求你 给这孙子打电话 |
[02:54] | Page his ass. Hunt his ass down. | 给这孙子发称呼 找到这孙子 |
[03:18] | Excuse me? | 不好意思 |
[03:20] | Excuse me? Where are you taking me? | 不好意思 你们要送我去哪里 |
[03:25] | Where are you taking me? | 你们要送我去哪里 |
[03:26] | Dr. Rosario ordered some images. | 罗萨里奥医生要求做些图像检查 |
[03:28] | Who the fuck is Dr. Rosario? | 罗萨里奥医生是他妈谁啊 |
[03:36] | Worst part’s over. | 最糟糕的已经过去了 |
[03:41] | Now, remember to lay very still, | 记住要一动不动躺好 |
[03:43] | or else we’ll have to start all over again. | 否则我们只能从头再来了 |
[04:09] | 死亡医师 第六集 | |
[04:20] | Hi, there, my name is Michelle Shughart. | 你好 我叫米歇尔·舒格特 |
[04:21] | I’m the Assistant District Attorney | 我是助理地区检察官 |
[04:23] | overseeing the Christopher Duntsch case. | 负责克里斯托弗·邓奇的案子 |
[04:25] | We don’t want to have nothing to do with that asshole. | 我们不想和那个混蛋有任何瓜葛 |
[04:27] | I just need a few minutes of your time… | 我只需要占用您几分钟时间… |
[04:28] | Our family has been through enough. | 我们的家庭经受得已经够多的了 |
[04:31] | Yes, ma’am. | 好吧 女士 |
[04:33] | It feels like there’s an ice pick in my back. | 感觉就像后背插了个冰锥 |
[04:37] | He always talked about being the best. | 他总说自己是最好的 |
[04:39] | My experience– you got to preach it, | 以我的体验… 非要我说的话 |
[04:41] | probably isn’t true. | 很可能并非如此 |
[04:43] | But I didn’t feel that way about him. | 但我对他倒没什么不好的感觉 |
[04:46] | I liked him. | 我喜欢他 |
[04:49] | We tried. | 我们尝试过 |
[04:50] | No lawyer would take up the case | 因为奥斯汀那边的改革 |
[04:51] | ’cause of the reform down there in Austin. | 没有律师愿意接这个案子 |
[04:54] | Tort reform. House Bill 4. | 民事诉讼改革 众议院4号法案 |
[04:56] | Politicians. | 政客 |
[04:58] | I can’t believe that I voted for that dipshit Rick Perry. | 我无法相信自己居然投了瑞克·佩里那混蛋 |
[05:02] | I can’t even bring a malpractice claim. | 我甚至不能以医疗事故起诉 |
[05:05] | Well, I mean, I suppose I could, | 我想我能起诉 |
[05:06] | but no matter what happens– | 可不管是什么情况… |
[05:10] | no matter what somebody does to you or the people you love, | 不管有人对你或者你所爱的人做了什么 |
[05:13] | all you’re gonna get is $250,000. | 你只能得到25万美元 |
[05:16] | Now, what’s the lawyer’s cut of that? | 律师要分走多少 |
[05:18] | Not a whole heck of a lot. | 不算很多 |
[05:20] | Who wants to get all tied up and twisted | 谁会愿意被一个 |
[05:22] | for “Not a whole heck of a lot”? | 回报”不算很多”的案子缠住呢 |
[05:24] | Meanwhile, Slick Rick and his cohorts | 同时呢 滑头瑞克和他的走狗 |
[05:27] | and his lobbyists line their war chests with donations | 还有他那些说客们都从保险公司 |
[05:31] | from insurance companies and hospitals… | 和医院收到大量捐款 |
[05:35] | like Baylor. | 就像贝勒医院 |
[05:38] | 神经受损 腰肌缺失 螺钉扎到动脉 | |
[05:39] | My husband made me go to Duntsch. | 我丈夫推荐我去看邓奇 |
[05:41] | He wanted me to be able to get back to work | 他想让我能重新工作 |
[05:43] | and help more with the kids, but now he’s gone, | 多帮忙抚养孩子 不过现在他走了 |
[05:47] | and I’m alone and worse than I was before. | 我独自一人 比之前处境更糟 |
[05:54] | I looked into the operating lights, said a prayer… | 我望着手术灯 祈祷说… |
[06:01] | “Protect me from all danger. Keep me safe.” | “保护我免遭危险 保佑我平平安安” |
[06:07] | 食管有洞 声带受损 纱布留在体内 | |
[06:28] | 搞错手术颈椎 切断神经根 | |
[06:29] | He spun a good tale. | 他说得天花乱坠 |
[06:33] | For every one of his victims– | 他的每一位受害者… |
[06:36] | I’ve spoken to too many of them– | 我已经与很多位谈过了 |
[06:39] | and he made them all feel comfortable until it was over. | 他在手术之前都让他们感觉很放心 |
[06:43] | You want my help, hmm? | 你想让我帮助你 |
[06:46] | If you can testify… | 如果你能作证… |
[06:50] | it’ll go a long way to putting him in prison. | 会对让他坐牢起很大作用 |
[06:53] | Will it make me whole again? | 这能让我重新站起来吗 |
[06:57] | No. | 不能 |
[06:59] | But it could bring justice. | 但这可能让正义得到伸张 |
[07:01] | I’m too old to go looking for justice. | 我太老了 不想寻求什么正义了 |
[07:06] | I’d settle for a peaceful heart. | 有个安心就行了 |
[07:22] | So you want murder? | 你想要起诉谋杀 |
[07:25] | How are we going to prove intent? | 我们要如何证明他有犯罪意图 |
[07:29] | He killed two people. | 他杀了两个人 |
[07:31] | Any good defense lawyer | 任何优秀的辩护律师 |
[07:32] | would bar other victims from testifying. | 都会禁止其他受害人出庭作证 |
[07:34] | With no other victims, we have no pattern of behavior. | 没有其他受害者 我们就无法建立行为规律 |
[07:39] | It’s just a medical misadventure. | 就只是医疗事故 |
[07:42] | What about manslaughter? | 过失杀人怎么样 |
[07:44] | Second-degree felony. Carries 2 to 20. | 二级重罪 刑期是二到二十年 |
[07:47] | And since this is a doctor, I’m taking the under, at best. | 但因为他是医生 我估计最多也就是最低刑期 |
[07:52] | I mean, honestly, Steph, if you heard these people… | 说真的 斯黛芙 如果你听到这些人讲述 |
[07:57] | their stories, | 他们的故事 |
[07:59] | saw what he did to them… | 看到他对他们做了什么 |
[08:03] | and they have no recourse. | 而且他们根本依靠 |
[08:06] | Can’t sue anybody. | 无权控告任何人 |
[08:07] | The state of Texas took that option away from them. | 得克萨斯州剥夺了他们这个权利 |
[08:15] | I feel bad. | 我很难过 |
[08:18] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[08:22] | I want Duntsch to die in jail. | 我想让邓奇死在监狱里 |
[08:30] | You know you’re a prosecutor? | 你知道自己是检察官吧 |
[08:32] | Dying in jail is an oft-pursued avenue of justice. | 死在监狱里有时就是通向正义之路 |
[08:42] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[08:45] | Let’s focus on aggravated assault. | 我们把重点放在故意伤害上 |
[08:50] | Jury might buy he purposely caused serious bodily harm. | 陪审团也许会相信他故意造成身体伤害 |
[08:53] | How could they not? | 为什么不信 |
[08:54] | Well, “Purposely” is the keyword there, Steph. | “故意”才是这里的关键词 斯黛芙 |
[08:58] | Hi, there, Dr. Henderson. | 你好 亨德森医生 |
[09:00] | It’s Paul Racconti with “Dr. Phil.” | 我是《菲尔医生》剧组的保罗·拉孔蒂 |
[09:03] | I heard about your involvement in the Dr. Duntsch story | 我听说了你在得州那边参与了 |
[09:06] | down there in Texas– | 邓奇医生的事件 |
[09:07] | Dr. Henderson, my name’s Liz Geller. | 亨德森医生 我是莉兹·盖勒 |
[09:09] | I’m with “The New York Times.” | 《纽约时报》记者 |
[09:10] | We’re planning on doing a piece | 我们计划写一篇 |
[09:12] | on Dr. Christopher Duntsch– | 关于克里斯托弗·邓奇医生的报道 |
[09:14] | Hi, Dr. Henderson, | 你好 亨德森医生 |
[09:15] | this is Maya Comici of The Blaze. | 我是烈焰新闻网的玛娅·科米奇 |
[09:17] | Please call me back at your earliest convenience at– | 请在方便时候立即回电 |
[09:21] | What is The Blaze? | 烈焰新闻网是什么 |
[09:23] | Yeah, I thought about looking it up, | 我本来想帮你查一查 |
[09:24] | but then I decided life is too short. | 但转念一想人生苦短 |
[09:26] | And incredibly irritating. | 还让人很恼火 |
[09:27] | You could have your 14 minutes of fame. | 你本可以享受14分钟的盛名 |
[09:29] | Now, there was a story I thought you’d find interesting. | 不过有个事你也许会觉得有趣 |
[09:31] | A journalist in town did a piece, | 一个城里的记者写了一篇文章 |
[09:33] | and Duntsch commented on it. | 邓奇去评论了 |
[09:35] | Where? | 在哪评论 |
[09:36] | In the comments section, Bob. | 当然在评论区啊 鲍勃 |
[09:39] | It’s a bunch of rambling nonsense | 完全是一派胡言 |
[09:40] | about how this is all a witch hunt, a scam, a hoax. | 说一切都是对他的莫须有迫害 骗局 闹剧 |
[09:43] | He says he can’t wait to get back and clear his name, | 他说自己等不及要回来还自己清白 |
[09:45] | C·邓奇 患者们需要我 C·邓奇 我非常乐意就媒体对我报道中 兰德尔·科比医生称我为反社会的 动机不纯言论 进行综合 详尽和细致的说明 去他的媒体 去他的兰德尔·科比 | |
[09:46] | “My patients need me.” | 原话”我的患者需要我” |
[09:49] | Are you commenting back? | 你回复他了吗 |
[09:52] | I am now. | 我现在去回 |
[09:55] | “Dear Dr. Death… | “亲爱的死亡医师… |
[09:59] | I wish you knew how satisfying it felt | 真希望你能知道 在上一个夏天 |
[10:03] | to rip your medical license | 从你的脏手里 |
[10:05] | out of your grubby paws this past summer. | 夺走你的行医执照 有多让人满足 |
[10:09] | I sleep better at night | 知道你再也不能 |
[10:11] | knowing you’ll never practice in Dallas | 在达拉斯或者得州行医 |
[10:14] | or the state of Texas again.” | 让我夜里更加安枕无忧” |
[10:18] | You’re gloating. | 你在幸灾乐祸 |
[10:20] | Don’t complicate Michelle’s case. | 别给米歇尔的案子添乱 |
[10:23] | And you shouldn’t be out there harassing the defendant. | 你也不应该去骚扰被告 |
[10:26] | Gloating feels so good. | 幸灾乐祸的感觉非常好 |
[10:32] | Heavenly Father, we thank You for blessing us with this meal | 无上天父 我们感谢您保佑赐予我们食物 |
[10:35] | and for our health. | 和健康 |
[10:37] | We thank You for this opportunity | 感谢您施予我们 |
[10:39] | to break bread with our son. | 与儿子和解的机会 |
[10:42] | Thank You for leading him home. | 感谢您指引他回家 |
[10:44] | And we pray, with Your wisdom, | 我们祈祷 以您之智慧 |
[10:46] | that You will guide him back to the light. | 您终会将他重新带回光明 |
[10:50] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[10:51] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[10:53] | Lovely. | 真好 |
[11:22] | You know, Dad, this is only temporary. | 爸 这只是暂时的 |
[11:27] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[11:29] | I’m sure it’s awkward having me in your home. | 让我住在这 肯定让你觉得别扭 |
[11:35] | If it were up to me, | 要是由我说了算 |
[11:36] | all my boys would be under one roof. | 所有儿子都该和我一起生活 |
[11:45] | Well, look, I’ll be gone soon. | 听着 我很快就会搬走 |
[11:47] | I’m planning on heading back to Dallas. | 我准备回达拉斯 |
[11:49] | I’m gonna start practicing just as soon as this bullshit | 医委会这些虚假的破事只要一澄清 |
[11:52] | with the Medical Board is cleared up. | 我就会继续行医 |
[11:56] | I’m gonna have my medical license back | 很快我就能拿回 |
[11:57] | before you know it. | 我的行医执照 |
[12:01] | What about your son and your girlfriend? | 那你的儿子和女友怎么办 |
[12:04] | Do they factor into your plans? | 他们在你的计划中吗 |
[12:09] | Well, yeah. I mean, of course, they do. | 是啊 他们当然在我计划中 |
[12:12] | You know, I-I’ve got, uh, visitation with Mason | 我每个月有一次 |
[12:15] | once a month, and… | 梅森的探视权 |
[12:18] | it does piss me off that I have to spend | 而且需要花钱经常来回飞 |
[12:19] | all this money flying back and forth | 还得给她付抚养费 |
[12:21] | and pay her child support, but, you know, | 真的让我很生气 但是 |
[12:24] | once things are back to normal, money won’t matter. | 一旦一切回到正轨 钱都不是问题 |
[12:36] | This is an attempt | 本次致电 |
[12:37] | to collect an outstanding debt, Mr. Duntsch. | 是为了追缴巨额欠款 邓奇先生 |
[12:39] | Give us a call back, | 你的美国运通卡 |
[12:40] | as your American Express card is in danger– | 已经接近最高风险 请回电 |
[12:42] | This is Bank of America. | 我们是美洲银行 |
[12:44] | Concerning your loan payment– | 鉴于你欠下的贷款… |
[12:46] | Chris, you keep ignoring my calls, I’m gonna have to sue. | 克里斯 你一直不接我电话 我就得起诉你了 |
[12:49] | Call me. | 回电话 |
[12:50] | Stay out of my business. | 少管我的事 |
[12:53] | Your business keeps coming to me, Chris. | 是你的事总来找上我 克里斯 |
[12:54] | Why can’t you just support me? | 你就不能支持我吗 |
[12:58] | All I do is support you… | 我一直在支持你 |
[13:00] | and your family. | 还有你的家庭 |
[13:02] | Now, this is simple– if you’re gonna stay here, | 事情很简单 如果你想待在家里 |
[13:04] | you will do as you’re told. | 就要按我说的做 |
[13:05] | You’re gonna declare bankruptcy. | 你要去申请破产 |
[13:07] | I can’t have these pe– I will not have these people | 我不能让这些人 也不会让这些人 |
[13:10] | coming after your mother and me. | 来找我和你妈妈的麻烦 |
[13:13] | Just wipe the slate clean, Chris. | 收拾好你的烂摊子 克里斯 |
[13:16] | You start over– | 从头开始 |
[13:18] | not just for you, but for your son. | 不光为你自己 还为了你的儿子 |
[13:20] | You’ll still have a chance at a future if— | 你依然还有未来 只要… |
[13:48] | Hi. | 你好 |
[13:50] | I know normally people mail these in, | 我知道一般大家都把材料寄过来 |
[13:51] | but I always like to give a personal touch. | 但我一直喜欢面对面接触 |
[13:54] | You’re certainly taking the initiative. | 你可真是很积极 |
[13:57] | – Carpal tunnel? – All the typing. | -腕管综合征吗 -总是打字造成的 |
[14:01] | Do you mind if I take this off? | 我可以把这个摘掉吗 |
[14:06] | If you approve my medical license, | 如果你批准我的行医执照 |
[14:08] | with my stem cell research, | 和我的干细胞研究 |
[14:10] | we’d be able to relieve the pain on the median nerve… | 我们就可以缓解正中神经的疼痛 |
[14:13] | Eradicate the problem. | 根除问题 |
[14:14] | Free up all those little nerves, | 解放所有神经 |
[14:16] | and your pain’d be gone. | 你的疼痛就消失了 |
[14:18] | – Wow. – Wow’s right. | -好家伙 -说好家伙就对了 |
[14:20] | And just like those nerves, | 就像那些神经一样 |
[14:22] | I believe that we are all connected to a greater purpose. | 我相信我们都因一个更崇高的使命彼此相连 |
[14:25] | And I’m really hoping that you can help me achieve mine. | 我真的希望你能帮助我达成我的使命 |
[14:29] | Well, you got my vote. | 你赢得了我这一票 |
[14:30] | Not sure it’ll help much, | 不确定这会有多大帮助 |
[14:32] | but I’ll be sure to put your application | 但我一定会把你的申请 |
[14:35] | at the top of my supervisor’s pile. | 放到给我主管文件的最上面 |
[14:39] | Great. | 太好了 |
[15:23] | I hear you’re having some muscle weakness in your extremities. | 我听说你的肢体末端有些肌无力 |
[15:27] | Where you been, Dumb Face? | 你跑哪去了 傻屌 |
[15:30] | I had an L4-L5 lumbar procedure right after yours. | 你的手术之后我接着有一个L4-L5腰椎手术 |
[15:34] | Look, Jerry, once you’re out of my OR, | 杰瑞 一旦你出了我的手术室 |
[15:36] | your case and care are transferred | 你的治疗和护理就会被转移给 |
[15:38] | to other hospital staff. | 医院的其他人员 |
[15:39] | It wouldn’t be appropriate for me to leave another patient | 如果我抛开另一位患者来看你 |
[15:41] | to come see you. | 并不合适 |
[15:42] | Well, they really sucked at taking over my care. | 我的护理他们接管得也太差劲了 |
[15:47] | But fuck it. You’re here now. | 不过管它呢 你现在来了 |
[15:52] | What’s going on with me, man? | 我这是什么情况啊 |
[15:55] | The anesthesiologist administered an incorrect dosage. | 麻醉师给的剂量有错误 |
[15:58] | This led to swelling in your spinal cord | 这导致你的脊髓肿胀 |
[16:00] | and the quadriplegia, | 和四肢瘫痪 |
[16:01] | but you give it a week, a course of steroids, | 但过上一周 来点类固醇 |
[16:03] | you’ll be better than before, as promised. | 你就会像之前承诺的那样痊愈了 |
[16:11] | Okay, Chrissy. | 好吧 克里斯 |
[16:14] | You say it’s temporary… | 你说是暂时的… |
[16:17] | I’ll believe you. | 我就相信你 |
[16:20] | – I’ll chill out. – Good. | -我放心了 -很好 |
[16:24] | Hey, Chrissy… | 克里斯… |
[16:27] | thanks. | 谢了 |
[16:37] | Why did you tell him that? | 你为什么对他那么说 |
[16:37] | It’s clear from the images that– | 从片子上看 很明显… |
[16:39] | The swelling is not going down–I am aware. | 肿胀不会消退… 我知道 |
[16:42] | We need to alleviate the pressure on his spine. | 我们需要缓解他脊柱的压力 |
[16:45] | I want you to prep an OR. | 我要你去准备一间手术室 |
[16:46] | We’re going back in– posterior this time. | 我们还要再做一次… 这次做臀部 |
[16:48] | Are you going to tell him? | 你要告知他吗 |
[16:49] | No. He’ll just freak out more than he already is. | 不 他会比现在更害怕 |
[16:52] | But he needs to sign the consent forms. | 可他需要签署知情同意书 |
[16:53] | I spoke to his grandma. She signed off. | 我和他祖母谈过了 她签字同意了 |
[16:57] | Are you sure you want to do this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[17:01] | Maybe Dr. O’Connor could take over the case? | 奥康纳医生也许可以接手这个病例 |
[17:53] | – We were doing eight balls. – Excuse me? | -我们在嗑8球的可卡因 -你说什么 |
[17:59] | Christopher Duntsch and me… | 克里斯托弗·邓奇和我… |
[18:04] | Cocaine. | 可卡因 |
[18:07] | You hear me? | 你听见我说的了吗 |
[18:09] | All night long. | 一整晚 |
[18:14] | The night before my surgery… | 我手术的前一晚… |
[18:18] | We were blowing coke all night long. | 我们整晚都在嗑可卡因 |
[18:25] | Chris Duntsch and me. | 克里斯·邓奇和我 |
[18:30] | All fucking night! | 一他妈晚上 |
[18:34] | Cocaine? | 可卡因 |
[18:35] | Amy, seriously? | 艾米 真的吗 |
[18:38] | Given the seriousness of what he’s claiming, I have to ask. | 以他声称事情的严重性 我必须要问你 |
[18:42] | Well, now you have, and it’s ridiculous. | 你现在问了 这太荒唐了 |
[18:46] | I mean, maybe he was. I don’t know. | 也许他是嗑药了 我也不知道 |
[18:48] | Honestly, I think he’s suffering from ICU psychosis. | 说实话 我想他患上了重症监护精神错乱 |
[18:51] | His nurse told me that he hasn’t slept | 他的护士说他第二次手术 |
[18:52] | since the night of the second surgery. | 结束后就没睡过觉 |
[18:54] | That would make anybody crazy and hallucinate. | 那会让任何人发疯 还会产生幻觉 |
[18:57] | He just needs to sleep. | 他只是需要睡睡觉 |
[19:00] | He’s hallucinating that you did cocaine together | 他产生幻觉 说你们俩在手术前夜 |
[19:02] | the night before surgery? | 一起吸可卡因 |
[19:05] | Well, I-I don’t have another explanation. | 我没有其它的解释了 |
[19:15] | I d–I don’t know what Mr. Summers is talking about. | 我不清楚萨莫斯先生在说什么 |
[19:18] | I have an OR to grace– | 我还有台手术要… |
[19:20] | Please sit back down, Dr. Duntsch. | 请坐回去 邓奇医生 |
[19:30] | In light of the poor surgical outcomes | 鉴于萨莫斯先生 |
[19:32] | – of Mr. Summers surgeries– – Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. | -手术预后非常不理想… -等等 |
[19:34] | Whatever poor surgical outcomes, | 不管预后有什么不理想 |
[19:36] | while unfortunate, they’re not my fault. | 虽然很不幸 但都不是我的错 |
[19:38] | Mr. Summers should’ve had that surgery done years ago. | 萨莫斯先生好几年前就应该接受手术了 |
[19:41] | Our internal investigation will hopefully confirm that. | 希望我们的内部调查会确认这一点 |
[19:43] | In the meantime, Baylor is suspending your privileges. | 与此同时 贝勒要暂停你的行医资质 |
[19:46] | This is bullshit! | 这纯属扯淡 |
[19:47] | You’ll have to undergo a psych evaluation | 你必须要接受贝勒的认证心理医生 |
[19:49] | with Baylor’s board psychiatrist, | 给予的心理评估 |
[19:50] | and both of you will have to take a drug test. | 你们俩都必须接受毒品测试 |
[19:53] | Give me the cup. I’ll do it right now. | 把尿杯给我 我现在就做 |
[19:54] | This is totally and completely baseless! | 这毫无根据啊 |
[20:01] | I mean, yes, of course, so will I. | 当然 我也会接受测试 |
[20:03] | I mean, if that’s what we got to do, | 如果我们必须去做 |
[20:04] | that’s what we got to do. | 那我们就必须去做 |
[20:08] | I’m sorry, Chrissy. | 对不起 克里斯 |
[20:13] | I didn’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[20:19] | I feel like I ain’t getting the truth. | 我感觉我没有得到真实情况 |
[20:24] | Like… | 比如… |
[20:26] | after my first surgery… | 我第一次手术之后… |
[20:29] | I could move a little… | 我还能动一点… |
[20:32] | but now I can’t move at all. | 可现在我一点都动不了了 |
[20:37] | So what the fuck’s going on? | 到底是他妈什么情况 |
[20:42] | Am I gonna be able to walk again? | 我还能走路吗 |
[20:47] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[20:49] | “Swelling and steroids, | “肿胀和类固醇 |
[20:52] | and I’ll feel better than I did before”? | 我就会痊愈” |
[21:00] | How do I know you’re not lying to me? | 我怎么知道你不是在对我撒谎 |
[21:09] | Don’t you have anything to say about all this? | 关于这一切你就没什么要说的吗 |
[21:16] | You ruined everything for me. | 你毁掉了我的一切 |
[21:25] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[21:46] | No. I-I’m-I’m driving around | 没有 我正开着车转圈 |
[21:47] | looking for the lab right now– I can’t find it anywhere. | 找实验室呢 我根本找不到 |
[21:51] | No, I’m standing outside right now. | 没有 我现在就站在门口 |
[21:53] | They’re telling me they’re closed. | 他们跟我说关门了 |
[21:59] | Of course I know they close at 4:30. | 当然我知道他们4点半关门 |
[22:00] | They’re just saying there’s not enough time today. | 他们只说今天时间不够了 |
[22:02] | Yeah, Preston Road– I’m on it now. | 对 普勒斯顿路…我就在这条路上 |
[22:07] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[22:09] | It’s traffic. | 是堵车 |
[22:11] | You’re not going to believe this, but I forgot my ID. | 说出来你不会相信 可我忘带身份证件了 |
[22:15] | They won’t let me take it. | 他们不让我测 |
[22:19] | Yes, of course, absolutely– loud and clear. | 对 绝对地 非常清楚 |
[22:21] | I will be there first thing Monday morning. | 我周一一大早就去 |
[22:23] | Okay, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:29] | Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, | 周一 周一 周一 |
[23:00] | Fucking pathetic. | 太他妈无可救药了 |
[23:08] | I warned you– no drugs around Mason, ever. | 我警告过你…永远不许在梅森身边吸毒 |
[23:11] | He was napping. | 他睡觉呢 |
[23:13] | I told you, I got this all under control. | 我告诉过你 一切都在我的掌控之中 |
[23:15] | Was all this part of your big Dallas plans? | 这些都是你宏伟达拉斯计划的一部分吗 |
[23:17] | – What? – Wind up a junkie… | -什么 -成为个瘾君子… |
[23:18] | – You can’t take Mason. – Without a job? | -你不能把梅森带走 -没有工作 |
[23:22] | I got a job! | 我有工作 |
[23:23] | – This isn’t right! – No, it isn’t right. | -这样不对 -没错 这样不对 |
[23:26] | But you know who is right? Your Dad, about you. | 可你知道谁是对的吗 你爸爸 对你的判断 |
[23:29] | Mason and I do deserve better. | 梅森和我的确值得更好的生活 |
[24:02] | I have a relationship with Dr. O’Connor. | 我和奥康纳医生比较熟 |
[24:04] | I talked to him. | 我和他谈过了 |
[24:06] | He wants to take over your case… | 他想接受你的病例… |
[24:14] | See if he can help make this as normal as possible for you. | 看看他是否能帮你尽可能正常一些 |
[24:27] | I know it won’t ever be the same, Jerry. | 我知道再也不会和以前一样了 杰瑞 |
[24:34] | We’re here to help. | 我们想要帮助你 |
[24:40] | I’m here to help. | 我想要帮助你 |
[24:52] | Kill me. | 杀了我 |
[25:03] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[25:10] | Get the fuck out. | 那就滚 |
[25:29] | I’d like to start our time together | 我们的谈话时间 我想先从 |
[25:30] | by offering my condolences. | 表达我的慰问开始 |
[25:36] | Your friend, Jerry. | 你朋友 杰瑞 |
[25:40] | We went to the same high school. | 我们上的同一所高中 |
[25:43] | Well, at any rate, | 无论如何 |
[25:46] | you surgeons have so much pressure on you to perform. | 你们外科医生为了表现良好 要承受巨大压力 |
[25:49] | Drugs and alcohol can become a crutch. | 可能会依靠毒品和酒精 |
[25:55] | Look… | 听着… |
[25:57] | I drink as much as the next person. | 我喝酒和一般人一样 |
[25:59] | Glass of Malbec here, Glenlivet there. | 今天马尔贝克红酒 明天格兰威特威士忌 |
[26:01] | Never within 12 hours of operating. | 从不会在手术12小时以内喝酒 |
[26:05] | These allegations against me are completely baseless. | 对我的这些指控完全没有根据 |
[26:08] | And what about drugs? | 毒品呢 |
[26:11] | I mean, sure. | 当然了 |
[26:13] | I have tried cocaine back in college. | 大学里我尝试过可卡因 |
[26:15] | It wasn’t for me. | 但我不喜欢 |
[26:17] | What about Summers’s surgery? | 萨莫斯的手术呢 |
[26:21] | I understand you’re just doing your job. | 我理解你是在做你的工作 |
[26:23] | They told you I needed a psych eval. | 他们说需要给我做个心理评估 |
[26:25] | I was just doing my job, too, | 我也只是在做我的工作 |
[26:27] | to the best of my ability, which is pretty goddamn good. | 尽我之所能 况且我的能力非常出色 |
[26:31] | Do you regret the outcome? | 你对结果遗憾吗 |
[26:33] | Of course I do. I’m human. | 当然了 我是人啊 |
[26:35] | But you have to get back on the horse. | 但你必须哪里跌倒的就在哪里爬起来 |
[26:39] | I just need to get back on the horse. | 我只是需要爬起来接着做 |
[26:42] | You don’t feel the need to take time off? | 你不觉得需要休息一下吗 |
[26:44] | I already have, too much. | 我已经休息了 休息得太多了 |
[26:45] | I’m talking about personal time | 我说的是个人时间 |
[26:47] | not ordered by the administration. | 并非是管理层命令的休息 |
[26:52] | I read somewhere once | 我以前读到过 |
[26:53] | that if, from time to time, you don’t | 如果你行医期间 |
[26:55] | have negative surgical outcomes in your practice, | 没有偶尔出现不佳的手术预后 |
[26:58] | you’re not operating. | 那你就没在做手术 |
[27:01] | My patients mean everything to me, | 我的患者对我来说就是一切 |
[27:02] | and the longer I’m here on this couch, | 我在这里坐得越久 |
[27:04] | the longer they’re out there in crippling pain. | 他们就要忍受更久的痛苦 |
[27:10] | Okay, I hear you. | 好吧 我理解你 |
[27:15] | I’ll let Piel know | 我会告知皮尔 |
[27:16] | I’ve determined you’re fine to operate. | 我坚信你可以去做手术 |
[27:24] | Thank you for your time, Dr. Roman. | 谢谢你的时间 罗曼医生 |
[27:26] | Let me know if you ever need anything… | 如果你有什么需要 随时告诉我… |
[27:28] | ever need to talk. | 如果需要聊聊的话 |
[27:35] | You know, there is something I’ve been having trouble with lately. | 我近来的确遇到了一些麻烦 |
[27:38] | – What kind of trouble? – Ah, with… | -什么麻烦 -是… |
[27:42] | concentration, since the suspension. | 注意力方面的 自从停职之后 |
[27:45] | – Ever during surgery? – No, no, no, no, never. | -手术期间有过吗 -不 不 从没有过 |
[27:49] | I was just wondering if maybe you could… | 我是想也许你可以… |
[27:52] | just give me something to bridge the gap | 给我开点药 帮我度过 |
[27:54] | between suspension and surgery. | 停职和复职做手术之间的空档 |
[28:02] | All right. There’s that. | 好吧 这个 |
[28:04] | And… | 还有… |
[28:06] | I remembered this time. | 这次我没忘 |
[28:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:13] | I’m taking Ritalin prescribed by my doctor. | 我在服用医生开给我的利他林 |
[28:16] | I just want to make sure it’s not going to cause | 我只是想确认这个不会造成 |
[28:17] | a positive test. | 测试阳性吧 |
[28:18] | Dr. Roman already called, told us all about it. | 罗曼医生已经来过电话 告诉我们了 |
[28:21] | Great. | 太好了 |
[28:29] | I’m not after you. | 我不是要找你追责 |
[28:34] | So he first shows up here in Dallas | 那么他刚来达拉斯时 |
[28:37] | with a job at the Minimally Invasive Spine Institute? | 是在脊椎微创学会工作 |
[28:40] | MISI. Yes. | MISI 对 |
[28:41] | But he wasn’t there for very long. | 但他没有在那待多久 |
[28:43] | – Do you know why? – Baylor recruited him, hard. | -你知道是为什么吗 -贝勒费力把他挖过来了 |
[28:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:49] | Neurosurgeons make big bucks. | 神经外科医生很挣钱 |
[28:51] | What about drugs? | 那毒品的事呢 |
[28:54] | You ever witness any of that? | 你见过吗 |
[28:59] | I flushed it. | 我把它冲掉了 |
[29:02] | Was it cocaine? | 是可卡因吗 |
[29:04] | I don’t know. | 我也不清楚 |
[29:08] | What were you doing in his bathroom late at night? | 你们俩大半夜在他的洗手间干什么 |
[29:14] | What are you getting at? | 你想说什么 |
[29:15] | The defense will ask you, too… | 辩护律师也会问你这个 |
[29:19] | under oath. | 在你宣誓后 |
[29:29] | Briefly, and I ended it. | 我们在一起不久 然后我说了分手 |
[29:34] | – May I ask why? – What’s next? | -我能问问为什么吗 -下一个问题是什么 |
[29:38] | Jerry Summers… | 杰瑞·萨莫斯… |
[29:41] | his surgery. | 他的手术 |
[29:42] | Any truth to those eight ball allegations? | 那些可卡因的指控有根据吗 |
[29:48] | I don’t know. | 我也不清楚 |
[29:49] | Did Jerry do drugs the night before? | 杰瑞手术前夜吸过毒吗 |
[29:51] | I couldn’t know. I don’t live there. | 我怎么会知道 我不住在那里 |
[29:53] | Is there anything that you can think of | 你能想到有什么事 |
[29:55] | that would point to how all of this happened? | 可能会导致所有这些结果的吗 |
[30:01] | 金 很不幸你无法理解我真的在建立帝国 而我的想法太有突破性 地球已无福消受 了解我的人都认为我是神 爱因斯坦或敌基督 因为我能为所欲为 破坏规矩却永不失败 但很不幸 尽管我在赢 但速度还不够快 问题出在哪 金 只因世人皆凡人 这点我无能为力 所以我精挑细选我的人 去帮助他们 你是我的孩子 是我与他界之间的唯一一人 我已准备弃绝个其他事物混淆在一起的爱 善良 美德和耐心 成为冷血杀手 可悲的是 如果我给大家洗脑 控制他们情绪和精神 会前进更快 做得更好 获得更多尊重和荣耀 无论是虐待 囚禁 把当我路者送入监狱 尤其是那些自以为能坑我就害我的人 我的为人定义了我 独一无二 冷血无情的杀手 | |
[30:03] | He sent me an email. | 他给我发过一封邮件 |
[30:05] | But I want to be clear here. | 但我要说清楚 |
[30:09] | I didn’t think a damn thing of it. | 我压根没把它当回事 |
[30:12] | Duntsch was always spouting, self-aggrandizing | 邓奇一向喜欢吹嘘 自吹自擂 |
[30:15] | nonsensical bullshit. | 说无厘头的屁话 |
[30:18] | May I see it? | 我能看一下吗 |
[30:20] | The email? | 那封邮件 |
[30:25] | I didn’t second-guess the email | 直到杰瑞的手术之后 |
[30:26] | until after Jerry’s surgery. | 我才去揣摩邮件的意思 |
[30:28] | Duntsch refused to see him. | 邓奇拒绝去见他 |
[30:33] | He was so… | 他是那么地… |
[30:37] | He was so dismissive of him… | 那么地不屑他… |
[30:40] | of his fear and his pain. | 不屑于他的恐惧和痛苦 |
[30:45] | And then Shelley Brennan comes in. | 然后雪莉·布伦南来了 |
[30:54] | And she’s dead. | 然后她死了 |
[30:57] | 20 minutes into her surgery, she’s dead. | 手术开始后20分钟后 她就死了 |
[31:03] | And I start thinking… | 我开始想… |
[31:06] | about that email. | 关于那封邮件 |
[31:08] | What were you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[31:12] | Was he– | 他 |
[31:17] | Was he doing it on purpose? | 他是否是有意为之 |
[31:25] | Like banging your head on a cupboard… | 比如把你的脑袋往柜子上砸 |
[31:28] | Or grabbing a hot pot. | 或拿一个滚烫的锅 |
[31:31] | One little missed step. | 踩漏了一小步 |
[31:34] | Didn’t even fall, | 甚至没摔 |
[31:36] | just slipped a little bit off the ladder | 只是在挂圣诞树彩灯时 |
[31:38] | hanging Christmas lights. | 在梯子上滑了一下 |
[31:42] | Work’s been near impossible ever since. | 从那之后工作就如登天一般难 |
[31:45] | I’m an elementary-school teacher. | 我是个小学老师 |
[31:47] | The kids keep me on my feet. | 孩子们活泼 我常需要来回走 |
[31:52] | Surgery is a big decision, Mrs. Brennan. | 手术是个大决定 布伦南太太 |
[31:55] | I hear you. | 我明白 |
[31:57] | PT, steroids, none of it worked. | 理疗 类固醇 什么都不管用 |
[32:01] | Surgery seems all that’s left. | 手术似乎是唯一剩下的选择 |
[32:09] | Going on a cruise with my husband, | 我要跟丈夫一起去坐游轮了 |
[32:12] | another couple. | 跟另一对夫妇 |
[32:14] | – That right? – Yeah, Antigua… | -是吗 -对 安提瓜岛 |
[32:16] | in a couple months. | 两个月后 |
[32:20] | I haven’t been on a vacation in… | 我多久没度假了 |
[32:22] | I don’t know– | 说不好 |
[32:25] | a long time. | 太久了 |
[32:30] | How did you hear about Dr. Duntsch? | 你是怎么知道邓奇医生的 |
[32:32] | He came recommended by my family doctor…highly. | 我的家庭医生推荐了他 高度推荐 |
[32:36] | I checked all his reviews online. | 我看了他网上的评价 |
[32:38] | Everyone loves him. | 大家都爱他 |
[32:51] | Are you sure you don’t want to find a doctor | 你确定不想找一个 |
[32:52] | closer to where you live? | 离你家近的医生吗 |
[33:01] | Mrs. Brennan. | 布伦南太太 |
[33:02] | You’re the man who’s gonna make everything better. | 正是那个能让一切变好的男人 |
[33:04] | Dr. Duntsch. | 邓奇医生 |
[33:06] | I’ve been speaking with your GP about this spine of yours. | 我一直在和你的全科医生谈你的脊柱 |
[33:09] | It sounds like we need to relieve some pressure | 听上去我们需要在这边的神经 |
[33:11] | on that nerve right here. | 释放一些压力 |
[33:14] | But it’s a simple micro lami. | 但只是个简单的微创手术 |
[33:16] | We should have you in and out in 20 minutes. | 二十分钟就能搞定 |
[33:18] | – 20? – Yeah. | -二十 -对 |
[33:19] | It takes longer to boil a pot of pasta at a high altitude. | 在高原地区烧开水煮意面都比这时间长 |
[33:23] | What’s the schedule looking like? | 我们的日程怎么样 |
[33:27] | I’m not sure, Dr. Duntsch. | 我不确定 邓奇医生 |
[33:28] | Did Baylor clear some of their operating rooms for our use? | 贝勒医院有空闲的手术室给我们用吗 |
[33:31] | Why don’t you give them a call and find out? | 不如你联系他们 问问情况吧 |
[33:33] | We’ll get you in first available. | 一有空我们就安排你 |
[33:37] | Now… | 好了 |
[33:45] | Do you have a drug and alcohol problem, sir? | 你有毒瘾和酒瘾吗 先生 |
[33:47] | No, sir, never have. | 没有 先生 从来没有 |
[33:49] | We caught up with Dr. Duntsch outside Denver | 我们在丹佛外找到了邓奇医生 |
[33:51] | where he now lives. | 他现在住在那里 |
[33:52] | I talked to a doctor | 我与一位医生谈过 |
[33:53] | who said you’re a sociopath and a killer. | 对方称你是个反社会者和凶手 |
[33:56] | Do you have a response? | 你有回应吗 |
[33:57] | Yeah, I’m gonna deal with that | 有 我会处理这事的 |
[33:59] | in the context of libel later when I’m defending myself. | 当我为自己辩护时 我会用诽谤反诉对方 |
[34:03] | His patients all say there’s a more fitting punishment. | 他的患者都说还有更佳的惩罚方式 |
[34:06] | Ms. Shughart, this is amazing. | 舒格特女士 这太棒了 |
[34:09] | You know, I may have bitten off a mouthful. | 我或许有点自不量力 |
[34:13] | – We get it. – How can we help? | -我们明白 -我们能帮忙吗 |
[34:16] | I need to prove that Duntsch assaulted these people, | 我需要证明邓奇故意伤害了这些人 |
[34:20] | that he should’ve known what he was doing to his patients. | 他应该知道自己在对患者做什么 |
[34:24] | The only way to do that is to differentiate | 而唯一的方法是区分 |
[34:28] | between a normal medical procedure and what he did. | 正常医学手术和他所作所为的区别 |
[34:32] | And the only way to do that is to be able to teach | 而做到这点的唯一办法是教陪审团 |
[34:35] | a stripped-down version of neurosurgery to the jury. | 一个简单易懂版本的神经外科手术 |
[34:39] | So… | 所以 |
[34:40] | I need you to teach me neurosurgery. | 我需要你们教我神经外科 |
[34:46] | “Pain. | “疼痛 |
[34:47] | “Pain is the most common reason patients seek medical care. | 疼痛是患者求医最普遍的原因 |
[34:50] | “Pain has sensory and emotional components | 疼痛包含感官和情感成分 |
[34:53] | “And is often classified as acute or chronic. | 且通常被分为急性或慢性 |
[34:56] | Acute pain is frequently associated with anxiety,” | 急性疼痛通常与焦虑有关” |
[34:59] | and that’s how my mother slept with my father. | 所以我母亲与我父亲上床了 |
[35:03] | Bob, looks like we’ve lost the class. | 鲍勃 看起来学生都神游了 |
[35:05] | No, no, no. | 不不 |
[35:07] | Maybe. Yes. | 也许 没错 |
[35:09] | Well, maybe you’re more experiential learners, huh? | 或许你是个更有经验的学生 对吧 |
[35:15] | All right, you, Come on up here, | 好 你 上来 |
[35:17] | lose the shirt, and bend over the table. | 把衬衫脱了 弯腰趴在桌上 |
[35:20] | I’m a doctor. You are all lawyers. | 我是个医生 你们都是律师 |
[35:24] | Come on. | 快来 |
[35:28] | Okay, pay attention. | 好了 注意了 |
[35:31] | Here we have the prominent vertebra | 后背这边的脊椎 |
[35:37] | in the lower neck, the C7. | 叫做隆椎 即C7 |
[35:39] | Okay, I’m just going to mark it out here–C7. | 好 我要把它标记出来 C7 |
[35:41] | No, no, no. Doctor, Doctor, Doctor, Doctor. | 不不 医生 医生 医生 |
[35:44] | You’re marking it too big | 你标得太大了 |
[35:45] | because it’s going to overlap with the T1. | 因为这会和T1脊椎重合 |
[35:48] | How am I supposed to see that | 我怎么能看得见 |
[35:49] | if I’m not actually inside of his body? | 我又没打开他的身子看到里面 |
[35:50] | Well, if you don’t operate as fast as you talk– | 如果你做手术不像说话这么快 |
[35:52] | Randall Kirby is the preeminent surgeon– | 兰德尔·科比是位杰出的外科医生 |
[35:54] | I’m calling it. Time of death is right now. | 我宣布 死亡时间就是现在 |
[35:57] | Let’s try again tomorrow? | 我们明天再试试吧 |
[36:02] | Anybody want to grab a bite? | 有谁想去吃饭吗 |
[36:03] | There’s a neat little place around the corner | 这附近有个不错的餐馆 |
[36:04] | with an early-bird special. | 有清晨特惠套餐 |
[36:05] | You are nothing if not consistent. | 你可真是执着 |
[36:07] | Short rib sliders, $3. | 小排骨加配菜 三块 |
[36:09] | Why don’t you throw your AARP card down | 不如你给他们看看你的退休卡 |
[36:10] | and maybe you can get it for $2.75. | 也许能用两块五就拿下 |
[36:12] | Well, that’s not exactly how it works, but– | 退休卡不是这个用途 但是 |
[36:13] | Let’s hop on your Rascal and find out. | 我们坐你的车过去看看吧 |
[36:15] | – Elder abuse. – Thank you. | -虐待老人 -谢谢 |
[36:16] | – He’s not that old. – No, no. | -他还没那么老 -不不 |
[36:19] | Madeline Beyer’s over 65 years old. | 玛德琳·贝尔超过了65岁 |
[36:21] | She qualifies. | 她符合要求 |
[36:24] | Injury to an elderly person or a minor. | 致老人或未成年人受伤 |
[36:27] | With that charge, | 如果用这个罪名 |
[36:28] | there’s no limit to the scope of the complaint. | 就不会限制起诉范围 |
[36:30] | We can introduce all of our victims, | 我们可以同时囊括所有受害者 |
[36:32] | even the ones outside our jurisdiction. | 甚至是那些在我们辖区外的 |
[36:34] | Show intent, | 展示犯罪意图 |
[36:36] | and the maximum sentence is life in prison. | 最高刑期是终生监禁 |
[36:44] | Shit. She doesn’t want to testify. | 该死 她不想出庭作证 |
[36:47] | Why don’t you let me talk to her? | 不如我去找她谈谈吧 |
[36:49] | We may need a lighter touch, Dr. Kirby. | 我们必须谨慎对待这事 科比医生 |
[36:52] | No–no offense | 无 无意冒犯 |
[37:07] | No, we had an agreement. We said once a month. | 不 我们说好了 一个月一次 |
[37:10] | – This would be twice a month. – Wendy, please. | -这次来就算一个月两次了 -温蒂 拜托 |
[37:12] | No, fly away. | 不行 你走 |
[37:13] | No. | 不 |
[37:16] | Hey, buddy. | 儿子 |
[37:18] | – I brought you something. – Thanks. | -我给你带了东西 -谢谢 |
[37:20] | That’s for you. | 这是送你的 |
[37:21] | Hey, what is with this little dinky ball? | 这个小球是干什么的 |
[37:24] | We got to get you a regulation ball | 我们得给你买个标准大小的球 |
[37:25] | if you’re ever going to play for the Broncos. | 如果你以后想在野马队打球的话 |
[37:27] | Okay, I’m calling the cops for trespassing and kidnapping. | 好了 我要报警说你私闯民宅和绑架 |
[37:29] | He’s my son, too, Wendy, and I pay for this apartment. | 他也是我儿子 温蒂 这公寓也是我花的钱 |
[37:32] | No, your dad pays for this place. | 不 是你爸为这地方花钱 |
[37:33] | Get the fuck out of here, fat boy. | 给我滚出去 胖子 |
[37:37] | Shit. Who the fuck is–Ow! | 该死 你她妈是谁 |
[37:38] | Stop it! Both of you! | 住手 你俩都是 |
[37:44] | Shawn! Shawn, stop! Shawn, stop! | 肖恩 肖恩 住手 肖恩 住手 |
[37:47] | Stop, Shawn! | 住手 肖恩 |
[38:21] | Dad? | 爸 |
[38:23] | Dad, I need help. I was… | 爸 我需要帮助 我… |
[38:26] | I was robbed. | 我被抢劫了 |
[38:27] | I need some–I need you to send me money. | 我需要些 我需要你给我寄点钱 |
[38:34] | I was robbed. I need some help, please. | 我被抢劫了 我需要帮助 拜托 |
[38:37] | Please, just send me some money, to Dallas. | 拜托 就给我寄点钱吧 寄到达拉斯 |
[38:41] | Please, Dad. | 求你了 爸 |
[39:46] | – I sent you money, Chris. – I’m not in the mood, Dad. | -我给你寄钱了 克里斯 -我没心情 爸 |
[39:48] | You asked me, and I sent you money. | 你问我要钱 我也给你了 |
[39:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:51] | Shoplifting? Shoplifting. | 商店行窃 商店行窃 |
[39:55] | First, it was a DUI, and now it’s shoplifting. | 首先是酒驾 现在又是商店行窃 |
[39:57] | – I told you I’d pay you back. – How are you going to do that? | -我说了会还你钱 -你要怎么还 |
[39:59] | You gonna borrow some more money from me | 继续问我借钱 |
[40:01] | to pay me back the money you owe me? | 把之前欠的还给我吗 |
[40:02] | – It’s Wendy. – It’s not. | -是温蒂 -才不是 |
[40:03] | – It is. – Stop it, Chris. | -就是 -闭嘴 克里斯 |
[40:05] | – It’s Wendy. – You know, you keep playing | -就是温蒂 -你总是 |
[40:08] | to the edges, and you wonder why you’re falling off. | 在悬崖边试探 还奇怪自己为什么坠落 |
[40:11] | – She won’t let me see Mason. – Well, good for her. | -她不让我见梅森 -她做得对 |
[40:14] | You deserve what you get. | 这是你活该 |
[40:40] | Want? | 来点吗 |
[41:27] | Texas is never gonna reinstate my medical license. | 得州永远不会恢复我的行医执照了 |
[41:35] | Well, maybe that’s a good thing. | 也许这是件好事 |
[41:44] | Nobody’ll even hire me to do research. | 甚至没人愿意雇我做研究 |
[41:48] | After everything I’ve done, everything I’ve achieved… | 我做了那么多 成就了那么多 |
[41:53] | I got nothing left. | 现在一无所有 |
[41:57] | It’s not nothing, Chris. | 这不是一无所有 克里斯 |
[42:00] | It’s just going to be different. | 只是会变得不同 |
[42:11] | Nobody robbed me… | 没人抢劫我 |
[42:13] | in Dallas last year. | 去年在达拉斯 |
[42:21] | I lied to you. | 我骗了你 |
[42:25] | Luke 15, verses 3 through 7. | 《路加福音》15章3到7节 |
[42:29] | “The shepherd that left his flock | “牧羊人离开羊群 |
[42:31] | to find the one lost sheep.” | 去寻找走失的羊” |
[42:37] | I doubt the sheep got beaten with a plastic bat | 我怀疑羊会遭到磕了冰毒的牧羊人 |
[42:39] | by a meth-head shepherd, but all right. | 用塑料球棒一顿毒打 但好吧 |
[42:46] | I know it’s not going to be easy, Chris, | 我知道这不会容易 克里斯 |
[42:48] | but go back to Dallas with a pure heart | 但带着纯粹之心回达拉斯吧 |
[42:51] | and make things right with Wendy. | 跟温蒂重修于好 |
[42:54] | The first step to atonement, and the hardest, is confession. | 首先第一步就是赎罪 最难的是坦白 |
[42:59] | And you’ve already taken it. | 而你已经做了 |
[43:15] | It’s nice to see that you’re back out in your garden. | 很高兴看到你又重新回到自己的花园了 |
[43:19] | I had to hire someone to help, and they’re trying their best. | 我之前找人来帮忙 他们也很努力 |
[43:23] | But– | 但是 |
[43:24] | If you want it done right… – | 如果你想做对 |
[43:30] | Ms. Shughart sent you? | 舒格特女士让你来的吗 |
[43:34] | Yes. | 对 |
[43:36] | She’s young. | 她很年轻 |
[43:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[43:41] | But no one else would help us until she came along. | 但在她之前没人愿意帮助我们 |
[43:46] | I’m gonna cross a line here, but I’m asking you to testify. | 我要越界了 但我希望你能出庭作证 |
[43:50] | I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, | 我认为自己是个还算聪明的人 |
[43:53] | a decent doctor. | 一个好医生 |
[43:54] | I can open and fix and close a living being. | 我能切开缝合并治好活人 |
[43:57] | And I can’t get my brain around the case | 然而我完全不理解 |
[43:59] | that Ms. Shughart is building. | 舒格特女士立的这个案子 |
[44:02] | But I do know this– | 但我知道的是 |
[44:04] | without you, there’s a chance that Duntsch may walk away | 没有你 邓奇可能只是受点皮肉伤 |
[44:08] | with just a slap on the wrist. | 就能逃脱罪责 |
[44:11] | You’re asking me | 你要让我 |
[44:12] | to relive something I’d much rather forget. | 重新过一次我宁愿忘记的过去 |
[44:16] | I don’t see how you can do that. | 我不知道你怎么才能做到 |
[44:19] | You live with the reality of this wheelchair every day. | 你每天都活在与轮椅作伴的现实中 |
[44:23] | Duntsch belongs in prison for the rest of his life. | 邓奇应该下半辈子都待在监狱 |
[44:28] | Now, I came in too late to save you. | 我来救你时已为时过晚 |
[44:29] | I can’t give you anything back. | 我不能还给你任何东西 |
[44:32] | But your testimony will ensure that Duntsch never does this | 但你的证词能确保邓奇永远无法 |
[44:36] | to another patient ever again. | 对其他患者故技重施 |
[44:40] | – What would I have to say? – The truth. | -我该说什么 -真相 |
[44:44] | Just tell your truth, and everything will be okay. | 说出你的真相 一切都会变好 |
[44:49] | You’re old enough to know truth in our world | 你已经活得足够久 应该知道在我们的世界 |
[44:51] | rarely works out for the teller. | 说出真相的人往往没有好下场 |
[45:00] | What choice do we have? | 我们还有其他选择吗 |
[45:03] | Morning, fellas. | 早上好 各位 |
[45:05] | You’re on my to-do list. | 正是我想见的人 |
[45:06] | We got eyes on Florence Nightingale’s motel. | 我们监控了弗洛伦萨·南丁格尔汽车旅馆 |
[45:09] | – Booked to be here in 72 hours. – Great. Thanks. | -72小时内到这里 -好极了 谢谢 |
[45:12] | Duntsch’s trips are getting a little few and far between. | 邓奇来的次数变少了 间隔也变长了 |
[45:15] | If he ever stops coming, | 如果他不再过来 |
[45:16] | Denver police are slow as fuck when it comes to extradition. | 丹佛警察在引渡方面慢的要死 |
[45:20] | I’m on it. | 我正在处理 |
[45:20] | Trying to slip into an already convened grand jury. | 想让已经召集的大陪审团听审这个案件 |
[45:23] | We’ve got one chance to get this indictment. | 我们只有一次起诉的机会 |
[45:26] | You know, I can’t believe this is for a doctor. | 我不敢相信这竟然是为了一位医生 |
[45:28] | You should arrest my elementary-school nurse. | 你应该逮捕我的小学护士 |
[45:31] | She diagnosed me with measles. I had the chicken pox. | 她诊断我有麻疹 我其实得了水痘 |
[45:42] | I’ll see you back at the office. | 我们回办公室见 |
[45:47] | Did we win? | 我们赢了吗 |
[45:49] | It’s gonna be a few hours. | 出结果需要几小时 |
[45:51] | Well, we cleared our schedules. | 我们清空了日程 |
[45:53] | – Thank you. – I had a tee time. | -谢谢 -我得去打高尔夫了 |
[45:57] | I booked it months ago. | 我好几个月前就订了 |
[46:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:26] | When the gods wish to punish us, | 当众神想惩罚我们时 |
[46:29] | they answer our prayers. | 祂们回应我们的祈祷 |
[46:32] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[46:35] | She got the indictment. | 她拿到刑事起诉书了 |