时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | 本剧基于真实事件改编 部分内容为戏剧创作原因进行虚构 虚构部分与任何现实人物或实体无关 | |
[00:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:25] | Here we are on Madeline Beyer. | 这是玛德琳·贝尔 |
[00:28] | Today, we’re performing the revision surgery. | 今天我们进行修复手术 |
[00:32] | This whole midline structure has been severed | 整个脊髓中轴从下脊椎以下 |
[00:34] | from the underlying spine. | 受到严重损坏 |
[00:36] | I just grabbed the ligament and it’s exposing the dura, | 我刚刚抓住了韧带 露出硬膜 |
[00:40] | which is leaking spinal fluid. | 正不断渗出脊髓液 |
[00:42] | I do see down here more bone. | 下方我看到更多骨骼 |
[00:45] | It looks like putty. | 看起来就像油灰 |
[00:47] | It’s just smashed in there. | 被砸碎后四处散落 |
[00:51] | What did he do to her? | 他对她做了什么 |
[00:56] | 40岁男性选择性手术 灾难性神经损伤 骨骼重建 | |
[01:04] | 导致截肢 出血量超过1700毫升 | |
[01:05] | 我详细地描述了手术细节 我回答了病人的所有问题 | |
[01:12] | I reviewed the photo you faxed over. | 我看了你们传真过来的照片 |
[01:14] | And? | 然后呢 |
[01:15] | That is Dr. Christopher Duntsch. | 那就是克里斯托弗·邓奇 |
[01:19] | – Did you know? – No. | -你之前知道吗 -不知道 |
[01:21] | Did you know what he was capable of? | 你知道他有什么能耐吗 |
[01:25] | No. | 不知道 |
[01:28] | The things he is reportedly doing there, | 他在那里据称所做的事情 |
[01:30] | I never saw here. | 我在这里从没见过 |
[01:56] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[02:18] | 死亡医师 第二集 | |
[02:30] | Here you go. | 给 |
[02:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:39] | One of those for me this year? | 今年有计划送我一朵吗 |
[02:41] | I know better than that. | 我知道不送为妙 |
[02:43] | Here, trade me. | 来 跟我换吧 |
[02:48] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗 |
[02:54] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[03:09] | I get what they’ve been telling me. | 我理解他们的意思 |
[03:13] | Braindead. | 脑死亡 |
[03:17] | I know what they’re saying. | 我明白他们说的意思 |
[03:20] | And I’ve been looking at that face every day for 46 years. | 46年来我天天望着她的脸庞 |
[03:23] | That’s what she looks like | 她就像现在这样 |
[03:26] | when she’s asleep. | 在她睡着后 |
[03:29] | You want to tell me when a person stops being a person? | 你跟我说昔人不再 |
[03:33] | What about the craniotomy? | 那开颅手术呢 |
[03:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[03:38] | Duntsch said he could save her with a craniotomy. | 邓奇医生说他能通过开颅手术救活她 |
[03:41] | – I don’t think so. – You don’t think? | -我不这么认为 -你不认为吗 |
[03:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:44] | It’d be worth a shot, wouldn’t it? | 值得一试 不是吗 |
[03:46] | – No. – Why no? | -不 -为什么 |
[03:49] | She’s beyond that now, Earl. | 她已经回不来了 厄尔 |
[03:57] | You’re not her doctor. | 你又不是她的医生 |
[04:00] | I know that. | 这点我知道 |
[04:01] | You come in here asking questions, | 你来这问了一堆问题 |
[04:02] | asking to look at her files, and now you’re telling me no? | 还要看她的病历 现在你却跟我说不行 |
[04:12] | Dorothy and I learned how to sail together. | 我和桃乐西一起学习如何驾船 |
[04:17] | We bought a boat. | 我们年初买了船 |
[04:18] | It was just a 24-foot cruiser earlier this year. | 只是艘24英尺的小游艇 |
[04:23] | Docked on Lake Texoma. | 停在得克萨荷马湖 |
[04:25] | Nice up there? | 那里好吗 |
[04:28] | Nice. | 很好 |
[04:31] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[04:34] | Especially in winter. | 特别是冬天的时候 |
[04:38] | It took us 30 years to buy that boat. | 我们攒了30年的钱才终于买下船 |
[04:43] | Why did it take us so long to buy that boat? | 为什么花了这么久才买那艘船 |
[04:53] | My son was here | 我儿子也来过这里 |
[04:55] | just a few doors up that way. | 就往那走几扇门 |
[05:00] | Nine years ago this week, | 九年前的这个星期 |
[05:04] | he lasted a month. | 他弥留了一个月 |
[05:08] | I thought I was–I thought I was managing the situation. | 我还以为 还以为我掌控着局面 |
[05:11] | I figured someone had missed something. | 我以为有人漏掉了什么 |
[05:13] | I mean, this is what I do my whole life. | 毕竟我当了一辈子医生 |
[05:15] | I save people, | 我拯救生命 |
[05:17] | and no matter what anybody told me, | 不论任何人跟我说什么 |
[05:21] | how they tried to convince me otherwise, | 不论他们如何尝试说服我 |
[05:23] | I assumed… | 我幻想 |
[05:28] | Pretended… | 装作 |
[05:32] | there was a chance, | 仍有一线生机 |
[05:33] | pretended I didn’t know the statistics, | 装作我不清楚数据 |
[05:36] | cited miracle cases, | 引用了无数医学奇迹 |
[05:40] | clung to them like facts. | 执着相信它们就是事实 |
[05:47] | No matter what– and there’s no way around this– | 无论如何 都已经无力回天 |
[05:50] | no matter what you decide to do, | 无论你决定怎么做 |
[05:52] | you’re going to hate yourself, and… | 你肯定会厌恶自己 而且 |
[05:56] | more than a little. | 还不止一点 |
[06:04] | She’s not asleep, Earl. | 她不是睡着了 厄尔 |
[06:12] | And you want me to listen to you? | 你想让我听你的 |
[06:18] | To trust you. | 相信你 |
[06:27] | I trusted him too. | 我也相信过他 |
[06:36] | 1991年 科罗拉多州立大学 | |
[06:38] | All right? | 好吗 |
[06:39] | Watch for the long count. | 注意长传球 |
[06:41] | Stay disciplined. | 保持自律 |
[06:43] | You guys pointed to that bullshit from last week. | 你们说的那些上周的破事 |
[06:46] | I swear to God, | 我发誓 |
[06:48] | whoever you want to fucking | 不管你想干谁 |
[06:50] | till you’ll be puking out of your assholes. | 干到你练拉稀了才能走 |
[06:52] | You understand me? | 懂我意思吗 |
[06:54] | All right, so . | 好 那么 |
[06:55] | 90% of the time, on first down, | 九成时间花在第一轮进攻上 |
[06:58] | they’re running twins to the wide side. | 他们会在外区来回跑 |
[07:00] | Do not fall for the play action. | 不要被假动作迷惑 |
[07:02] | It’s a fake hand-off… | 那是个假的传球 |
[07:04] | He’s gonna roll out. | 他要向边线跑动传球 |
[07:05] | He’s gonna hit the inside receiver with a quick out. | 他要用一个快出球击中内接球手 |
[07:13] | Freshman? | 大一吗 |
[07:15] | – What’s that? – You a freshman? | -你说什么 -你是大一吗 |
[07:16] | You got that freshman focus. | 你专心致志 看起来像大一 |
[07:18] | 推迟暂停或者中止参与NCAA比赛 从而能够延长自己参赛资格的运动员 | |
[07:18] | – Sophomore. – Oh, redshirted? | -大二 -红衫球员吗 |
[07:21] | Walk-on. | 临时球员 |
[07:23] | I just transferred from Millsaps, Mississippi. | 我刚从密西西比的米尔萨普斯学院转过来 |
[07:27] | Walk-ons aren’t easy to come by. | 临时队员可不好找 |
[07:29] | Must be a bitch. | 肯定是个狠角色 |
[07:31] | Well, I always go the distance. | 我总是坚持到底 |
[07:34] | Chris. | 克里斯 |
[07:37] | I’m Chris. | 我叫克里斯 |
[07:42] | Duntsch Beton. | 邓奇·贝顿 |
[07:43] | But nobody can pronounce that shit. | 不过没人能念准这鬼名字 |
[07:44] | – Call me Betts. – Next up. | -叫我贝茨 -下一个 |
[07:50] | 86. 287. | 86英尺 287英镑 |
[07:53] | Right on target, Martinez. | 达标 马丁内斯 |
[07:54] | Nice work. Next up! | 好样的 下一个 |
[08:05] | 198. | 198英镑 |
[08:06] | – Um, Coach? – Next up. | -教练 -下一个 |
[08:07] | But I think that number is wrong. | 可我觉得数值错了 |
[08:10] | It’s just, I’m weighing 220 back home. | 我在家的时候称有220英镑 |
[08:13] | Well, you weigh 198 in here. | 你在这里重198英镑 |
[08:16] | You’re in your goal range. | 你在你的目标范围内 |
[08:18] | No need to stress over a few pounds, Daisy. | 不要因为这几磅压力山大 小屁孩 |
[08:20] | – Next up! – No, no. | -下一个 -不行 |
[08:21] | There’s just no goddamn way. | 这绝不可能 |
[08:23] | Yes, goddamn way. Get off. | 非常可能 下去 |
[08:26] | Coach, I think you need to recalibrate this fucker. | 教练 我认为你需要重新调整这破东西 |
[08:28] | We can recalibrate your position on this team | 我们也可以调整你在队里的位置 |
[08:30] | if you don’t get the fuck off my scale. | 要是你再不从我的体重秤上滚下来的话 |
[08:44] | 243. Two pounds light. | 243英镑 瘦了两英镑 |
[08:45] | I want you up by next week. | 下周前给我涨回来 |
[08:48] | – That was, uh, daring. – Bullshit. | -胆子挺大的嘛 -胡扯 |
[08:51] | Come on. Who gives a fuck? | 算了 谁在乎那些 |
[08:52] | I bet you were right on target. | 我猜你达标了吧 |
[08:54] | By your math, I’m fat. | 按你的标准 我太胖了 |
[09:00] | Whatever, man. | 无所谓的 兄弟 |
[09:02] | I need to bulk up. | 我需要增重 |
[09:05] | My brother swears by this shit. | 我哥哥说这特别有效 |
[09:07] | It’s like his secret weapon. Nathan gained, like, 40 pounds. | 就像他的秘密武器 内森重了大概四十磅 |
[09:10] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[09:11] | Nathan? | 内森 |
[09:13] | I have a brother Nathan. | 我也有个哥哥叫内森 |
[09:14] | Get the fuck outta here. | 不会吧 |
[09:16] | That’s not enough fingers. | 伸出的手指不够多 |
[09:19] | Nathan is, like, a genius. | 内森就是个天才 |
[09:21] | He got the brains of the family for sure. | 他继承了家族的头脑 |
[09:23] | And then my other brother, Matthew, | 我另一个哥哥马修 |
[09:24] | is just unbelievable with a ball–any ball. | 极其擅长球类 任何球类 |
[09:27] | Put it into his hands, he’s unstoppable. | 给他一颗球 他就无可匹敌 |
[09:29] | They just don’t struggle with things, you know, like me. | 他们不会为什么事挣扎 不像我这样 |
[09:31] | I got to outwork ’em or–you know, that’s what my dad says. | 我得付出更多努力 否则 反正我爸这么说 |
[09:35] | Oh, fuck that guy. What’s he do? | 可去他的吧 你爸是干什么的 |
[09:37] | Doctor, or a physical therapist, | 医生 或理疗师 |
[09:40] | but it’s cool, ’cause, you know… | 但很酷 因为… |
[09:43] | “It really don’t matter if I lose the faith.” | “即使失去信念也没关系” |
[09:45] | “‘Cause all I want to do is go the distance.” | “我只想坚持到底” |
[09:48] | Oh, Italian Stallion! | 《意大利种马》 |
[09:49] | Fucking classic. | 太经典了 |
[09:52] | You know, I’m actually taking a couple of cinema classes. | 我正在上电影课 |
[09:56] | What, like, you watch movies for credit? | 怎么 你看看电影就能拿学分 |
[09:58] | I know, right? You pick a major? | 不可思议吧 你选专业了吗 |
[10:01] | Eh, I don’t know. | 还不确定 |
[10:02] | I’m looking into chemistry or biology | 我在考虑化学或者生物学 |
[10:05] | or even giving vertebrate zoology a look. | 甚至在考虑脊椎动物学 |
[10:10] | That’s not a thing. | 没有这种专业 |
[10:13] | That doesn’t look right. | 看着不太对劲 |
[10:15] | It doesn’t matter, anyway. I can’t take it. | 反正无所谓 我也不能去 |
[10:17] | Conflicts with morning practice. | 和早训练时间冲突 |
[10:19] | Coach would kill me. | 教练会杀了我 |
[10:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[10:23] | Oh, come on, man. | 得了吧 伙计 |
[10:25] | I mean, the Jersey is great for chicks and parties and shit, | 打橄榄球确实容易泡妹子 去好派对 |
[10:27] | but it’s not like we’re going pro. | 但我们又没打算当职业选手 |
[10:30] | Maybe you’re not. | 可能你没这个打算 |
[10:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:39] | Chicken, broccoli– God, peanut butter? | 鸡肉 西蓝花 老天 花生酱吗 |
[10:42] | Jesus, we’re going to eat all this? | 天啊 我们要把这些都吃掉吗 |
[10:44] | Yup. | 对 |
[10:45] | I mean, we gotta blend it up first, but… | 我们要先把它们混在一起 但是 |
[10:51] | I got a better way to put on weight. | 我有更好的增重方法 |
[10:58] | Come on. You’re gonna love it. | 来吧 你会喜欢的 |
[11:00] | Get in there. | 进来 |
[11:02] | Look alive, handsome. | 开心点 帅哥 |
[11:03] | – Hey, Betts! – Hey, there he is. | -贝茨 -他在那 |
[11:06] | Oh, hey. Thank you so much. | 你好啊 非常感谢 |
[11:08] | Drunken bastards. Look at you. | 你们这帮醉鬼 看看你们 |
[11:10] | Let’s have a drink. Let’s have a drink. | 我们喝一杯 喝一杯 |
[11:14] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[11:15] | Gettin’ lucky. Wear some protection. | 走桃花运了 记得做安全措施 |
[11:18] | Creerie, yeah! | 柯莉丽 |
[11:20] | You’re a very nice man. | 你是个很好的人 |
[11:21] | Thank you so much. Oh, hey. | 非常感谢 你好啊 |
[11:23] | Yeah. | 棒 |
[11:24] | See you later, okay? | 我们回见 |
[11:28] | How are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[11:30] | Thank you so much. Oh, yes. | 非常感谢 是的 |
[11:33] | Hey ladies, let’s just dance the night away. | 女士们 我们跳个通宵 |
[11:35] | Just us girls dancing the night away. | 就我们和女孩们跳个通宵 |
[11:39] | Never graduate! | 永远不毕业 |
[11:41] | Solomon! | 所罗门 |
[11:45] | Duntsch, come on. | 邓奇 过来 |
[11:48] | Faithful friend, | 好朋友 |
[11:50] | and future acquaintance, enter. | 还有未来的好友 进来 |
[11:57] | Some dope dope, my man. | 来点白粉吗 好兄弟 |
[12:02] | I’ma head home. | 我要回家了 |
[12:04] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[12:05] | School day’s tomorrow, you know? | 明天还要上学 |
[12:07] | But you have fun. | 你好好玩 |
[12:33] | Baylor let Duntsch resign. | 贝勒普莱诺医院让邓奇辞职 |
[12:36] | He wasn’t fired? | 他没被辞退吗 |
[12:38] | I asked around here two turns, | 我问了两轮 |
[12:40] | and all he had were temporary privileges. | 他只有暂时的行医资格 |
[12:42] | Were they revoked? | 行医资格被取消了吗 |
[12:43] | I was told that was confidential. | 他们跟我说这属于医院机密 |
[12:48] | You like peanuts? | 你喜欢花生吗 |
[12:52] | Hate that part. | 我讨厌那部分 |
[12:53] | Sitting with the relatives like that– | 和家属像那样坐在一起 |
[12:55] | never got used to it. | 从来都不习惯 |
[12:57] | There was no getting used to it. | 这根本没办法习惯 |
[12:58] | The only thing you can do is stay if they want you to, | 你唯一能做的就是在他们需要时留下 |
[13:00] | get out of the way if they don’t. | 如果他们不需要就离开 |
[13:01] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -是啊 |
[13:03] | Well, where the hell was Duntsch? | 但是邓奇去哪了 |
[13:05] | Not sitting there offering apologies or advice to that guy | 他应该坐在那给家属准备道歉 或给那个 |
[13:07] | on when to pull the plug on his wife. | 即将给妻子拔掉呼吸机插头的人建议 |
[13:10] | Do you have any idea where he is? | 你知道他在哪吗 |
[13:12] | Farting tornado. | 完全不知道 |
[13:16] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[13:17] | About? | 关于什么 |
[13:19] | A guy from a top medical program | 一个毕业于顶尖医学院的医生 |
[13:21] | followed by a top residency followed by a top fellowship. | 随后进了顶尖医院 进行了顶尖的研究项目 |
[13:25] | He keeps getting these surgical outcomes because | 他的手术总是不成功 只能因为 |
[13:26] | A, he’s either doing it on purpose, | 他要不就是故意为之 |
[13:28] | or two, he just sucks. | 或他技术非常差 |
[13:32] | I can’t make sense of it. | 我想不通 |
[13:33] | Personally, I’m leaning towards B. | 从个人角度 我倾向于第二种情况 |
[13:36] | The question isn’t why he did it. | 问题不是他为什么这么干 |
[13:38] | It’s how he got away with it. | 而是他怎么逃脱惩罚 |
[13:41] | You and I are mind-melding. | 你和我的思维简直融合一体 |
[13:44] | I have no idea what that means. | 我不知道这话什么意思 |
[13:45] | We’re on the same page. | 英雄所见略同 |
[13:47] | I mean, Baylor Plano has, what, three, four | 贝勒普莱诺医院里有大概 |
[13:50] | of the top neurosurgeons in the area on staff, | 三四位顶尖神经外科医生 |
[13:52] | and I’m talking the best. | 最出类拔萃的医生 |
[13:53] | Well, instead of these top, top guys | 然而 偏偏是邓奇 |
[13:55] | getting the patients, Duntsch gets them– | 而不是这些顶尖医生得到患者 |
[13:57] | the newbie, just arrived in town, | 就这位刚来入职的新人 |
[13:59] | zero experience, zero business operating. | 零经验 零实操手术经验 |
[14:02] | Come on, you’d think he was, you know… | 拜托 你不觉得他可能… |
[14:04] | With somebody up the ladder. | 和上面某位有点什么吗 |
[14:07] | Now we’re not even in the same library. | 现在我们都不在一个频道上了 |
[14:08] | I’m just saying–motive. | 我想说的是 动机 |
[14:11] | Move on. | 换个话题吧 |
[14:14] | Are we gonna eat? I’m fucking starving. | 我们可以开吃了吗 我都饿死了 |
[14:16] | You have to make sure that Duntsch never operates | 得保证邓奇再也不能在得克萨斯州 |
[14:18] | at a hospital in Texas ever again. | 任何一家医院进行手术才行 |
[14:22] | I have a suggestion. | 我有个建议 |
[14:23] | It’s a bit extreme, | 可能有点极端 |
[14:25] | but I think the situation warrants it. | 但我觉得现状给了充分理由去这么做 |
[14:30] | We report Duntsch to the Texas Medical Board. | 我们向得克萨斯医委会举报邓奇 |
[14:34] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[14:38] | I’m still waiting for the extreme part. | 我还在等着听极端的那部分 |
[14:40] | I don’t need to remind you of what the stakes are here. | 不需要我提醒你风险是什么吧 |
[14:43] | Ooh, they got a porterhouse in the menu for two. | 他们有双人份的大牛排 |
[14:45] | – Halvsies? – If we’re not meticulous in presenting our evidence, | -一人一半吗 -如果我们不小心举证 |
[14:48] | if we don’t get this right, Duntsch will continue to operate. | 如果我们不能成功 邓奇会继续实施手术 |
[14:50] | We need pure, hard facts, | 我们需要纯粹的铁证 |
[14:52] | not cocktail umbrellas. | 不是花里胡哨的东西 |
[14:56] | I’ve been gathering evidence. | 我一直在收集证据 |
[14:58] | – Evidence. – Yeah. | -证据 -是的 |
[14:59] | Patient files. | 病人的病历 |
[15:01] | Ooh, hee, here’s your girl, Bobbie. | 好家伙 原来重点在这呢 鲍比 |
[15:04] | HIPAA violations. | 违反HIPAA隐私法则 |
[15:07] | Are you done? | 你说完了吗 |
[15:09] | I don’t know how you pulled that one off, | 我不知道你是怎么做到的 |
[15:11] | and I don’t wanna know how, | 我也不想知道 |
[15:13] | but I do wanna know how. | 不过其实我想知道 |
[15:14] | I actually asked his patients for their permission. | 我征求了他患者的许可 |
[15:19] | Boring. | 无趣 |
[15:21] | I have some other questions I need to get answered. | 我还有些问题需要找到答案 |
[15:23] | So you enjoy your meal. | 祝你用餐愉快 |
[15:26] | Can’t trust a place with a red wine milkshake on the menu. | 不能信任菜单上有红酒奶昔的餐厅 |
[15:31] | At the end, now I face that | 最终 我面对 |
[15:33] | which was alluding me at the start. | 最初暗示我的东西 |
[15:35] | The settling, the trading, | 和解 交换 |
[15:38] | and embrace with disappointment. | 拥抱失望 |
[15:40] | The sky cracks open | 天空开合 |
[15:42] | and is crying out for me. | 为我哭泣 |
[15:44] | The ground has no shape. | 大地融合 |
[15:47] | My feet sink in | 我双脚下陷 |
[15:50] | and takes me down to the depth. | 落入深渊 |
[15:52] | The far depths. | 无尽的深渊 |
[15:57] | Chris. | 克里斯 |
[15:59] | Chris D. | 克里斯·邓 |
[16:02] | Chris D. | 克里斯·邓 |
[16:22] | One day, | 某日 |
[16:23] | we’re here without a why. | 我们不知为何来到这里 |
[16:26] | We grow and live | 生长 生活 |
[16:28] | and always try. | 不懈努力 |
[16:31] | We seek each day, the reasons why | 寻求答案 日复一日 |
[16:35] | and push each day | 坚持自我 |
[16:37] | against the tide. | 年复一年 |
[16:39] | At first, we seek to find our dreams, | 起初 我们奋力追梦 |
[16:43] | but dreams are never what they seem. | 但梦与现实相去甚远 |
[16:47] | Some are fast, | 有人脚步坚定 |
[16:48] | and some fall behind, | 有人陷入犹疑 |
[16:51] | and push and pull | 在脑海中 |
[16:55] | inside our minds. | 挣扎思索 |
[17:11] | Keep your head up. Keep both feet moving! | 头抬起来 脚动起来 |
[17:13] | Stay wide. Here we go, here we go! | 保持距离 跑起来 跑起来 |
[17:18] | Bring it in! Let’s go! | 集合 过来 |
[17:20] | Hustle up. | 快点 |
[17:22] | All right. Listen up. | 好了 听着 |
[17:23] | Clench will be running a 43 D next week. | 克伦齐下周打43防御阵型 |
[17:26] | Duntsch, you’re up. You’re running the play. | 邓奇 你上场 你打跑锋战术 |
[17:28] | Weak cross, plug zero. Everyone get the concept? | 攻弱侧 围堵线卫 都听明白了吗 |
[17:31] | – Yes, Coach! – All right, let’s go. | -明白 教练 -好 准备 |
[17:41] | Let’s go now. Look sharp. | 各就各位 打起精神 |
[17:47] | Ready. | 预备 |
[17:49] | Ready. | 预备 |
[17:50] | Set, hut! | 开球 |
[17:56] | Duntsch, what the fuck is that? | 邓奇 你搞什么 |
[17:58] | You don’t go left. | 你不该往左 |
[17:59] | You blitz right. Hit the A gap. | 你要突袭右侧 去攻空隙A |
[18:03] | Get your shit together. | 给我打起精神来 |
[18:05] | Let’s go. | 就位 |
[18:11] | Ready. | 预备 |
[18:14] | Set, hut! | 开球 |
[18:18] | If you’re gonna suck this hard, | 你要是那么努力想给我口的话 |
[18:19] | you might as well get on your knees, Daisy. | 那最好先跪下来吧 小邓邓 |
[18:21] | Go right, Duntsch. | 攻右侧 邓奇 |
[18:24] | Run it again. | 从头再来 |
[18:25] | On the ball. | 预备 |
[18:27] | Set, hut. | 开球 |
[18:32] | Set, hut. | 开球 |
[18:42] | On the ball! | 开始 |
[18:47] | Run it again! | 再来 |
[18:49] | Set, hut. | 开球 |
[18:56] | You’re done. | 你别来了 |
[18:57] | No, Coach. Coach, I got this. | 不 教练 教练 我能行 |
[18:59] | No, you don’t got this. | 不 你不行 |
[19:00] | I got this, Coach. Seriously. | 我能行 教练 真的 |
[19:01] | One more try, please. Please. | 再给我一次机会 拜托 求你了 |
[19:04] | Weak cross, plug zero, hit the A gap. | 攻弱侧 围堵线卫 攻空隙A |
[19:06] | One more try. | 再给我一次机会 |
[19:11] | All right, let’s go. Let’s chop some wood! | 好吧 来 好好打一场 |
[19:14] | Let’s go! On the ball! | 准备 就位 |
[19:16] | – A gap. – Yeah, yeah. | -攻空隙A -知道 知道 |
[19:45] | Son of a bitch! Duntsch! | 他妈的 邓奇 |
[19:51] | What the hell was that? | 这搞的是什么 |
[19:53] | Red jersey means do not hit. | 穿红球衣的不能撞 |
[19:55] | Are you fucking dyslexic and color blind? | 你他妈是不识字还色盲吗 |
[20:14] | Want a ride home? | 载你回家吗 |
[20:15] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[20:18] | Yeah. Today was shit. | 没错 今天很糟 |
[20:20] | But we got practice again tomorrow. | 但我们明天还有训练 |
[20:22] | Two, as it turns out. | 有两场 事实上 |
[20:24] | And the next day, and the next day. | 还有后天 大后天 |
[20:26] | You’ll get it eventually. | 你最后肯定能学会 |
[20:27] | Eventually doesn’t help. I need to get it now. | 我不能等待最后 我现在就要学会 |
[20:30] | Tonight? You need to get it tonight? | 今晚吗 你今晚就要学会吗 |
[20:33] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[20:34] | I mean, what am I doing wrong? Why can’t I run this? | 我哪里没做对 为什么就是做不好 |
[20:37] | Chris, man. I’m tired. | 克里斯 兄弟 我很累了 |
[20:40] | I got a six-pack, a party, | 我家里有啤酒 有派对 |
[20:41] | and a girl named Portia waiting for me at the house. | 还有一个叫波西娅的女孩在等着我 |
[20:43] | One hour. Tops. | 一小时 最多了 |
[20:51] | – Eye of the tiger, motherfucker. – Yes! | -来吧 傻逼 -棒 |
[21:03] | You did all these notes in your playbook? | 你记了那么多笔记 |
[21:06] | Dork. | 书呆子 |
[21:09] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[21:10] | So you got your center in the center, obviously. | 那最中间自然是中心 |
[21:14] | And then you got guards, tackles, | 然后周围是防守和阻挡球员 |
[21:16] | and tight ends laterally on each side. | 近端锋列位两侧 |
[21:18] | Here’s you at mid. | 你在中区 |
[21:19] | Now, on the snap, you blitz right | 发球后 你向右突袭 |
[21:22] | and hit the A gap on the weak side. | 从弱侧攻空隙A |
[21:25] | X marks the spot. | 标记那个位置 |
[21:26] | – That’s what I’m doing. – No. | -我就是这么做的 -不对 |
[21:29] | Weak side. | 弱侧 |
[21:30] | You’re mixing them up, | 你搞混了 |
[21:32] | and you’re flattening our quarterback. | 你在攻我们的四分卫 |
[21:33] | Show me your right hand. | 举起右手 |
[21:44] | All right. | 好 |
[21:49] | This gap here, on your right, | 这个空隙 你右手边这个 |
[21:52] | this is yours. | 你要攻的是这个 |
[21:54] | You got it? | 懂了吗 |
[21:56] | Booyah. | 搞定 |
[21:57] | Great. Let’s drink. | 好了 我们去喝酒吧 |
[21:58] | – Run it? – You know where to find me. | -走一遍吗 -你知道去哪里找我 |
[22:00] | Got the sled? Okay, man. | 你有车吧 成 兄弟 |
[22:23] | Come on! | 搞什么 |
[22:31] | Hello? Help you? | 你们好 有什么事吗 |
[22:34] | – Where the hell are you? – Josh? | -你人在哪里 -乔什 |
[22:36] | Be right up. | 马上来 |
[22:40] | Dr. Henderson. | 亨德森医生 |
[22:41] | Can we ask you a couple questions? | 能问你几个问题吗 |
[22:43] | This is Dr. Kirby. | 这位是科比医生 |
[22:47] | May I get you something? | 给你们拿点喝的吗 |
[22:48] | – No, thank you. – Beer would be great. | -不必 谢谢 -可以来瓶啤酒 |
[22:49] | Sure. I think I have a– | 当然 我想我有 |
[22:51] | Whoa, whoa, wait. Are you gonna say an IPA? | 等一下 你是想说爱尔啤酒吗 |
[22:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:54] | Seriously? Forget it. | 认真的吗 算了 |
[22:56] | What happened to beer? | 现在都没有正经啤酒了吗 |
[22:57] | You ask for a Bud, you get an IPA. | 你要百威 人家给你爱尔 |
[22:58] | You ask for a Coors, you get an IPA. | 你要康胜 人家还是给你爱尔 |
[23:00] | – Life is hard for you, right? – Can be. | -日子难过啊 是吧 -的确 |
[23:06] | What’s going on? | 你们有什么事 |
[23:07] | Now, if at any moment you feel uncomfortable– | 听着 只要你觉得不自在 |
[23:09] | We’re going after Duntsch. You in? | 我们要搞垮邓奇 你要加入吗 |
[23:11] | You’re like a restless toddler. | 你就像个浮躁的小屁孩 |
[23:15] | We’re planning on reporting Duntsch | 我们计划向得州医委会 |
[23:17] | to the Texas Medical Board. | 举报邓奇 |
[23:19] | But we need more information. | 但我们需要更多证据 |
[23:20] | Now, we don’t have to use your name, but if– | 我们可以不公开你的姓名 但要是 |
[23:21] | Use my name. It’s all yours. | 公开吧 你们尽管拿去 |
[23:25] | Madeline Beyer came in | 玛德琳·贝尔入院 |
[23:26] | for an elective laminectomy and spinal fusion. | 接受椎板切除和脊柱融合手术 |
[23:29] | Totally straightforward. | 非常简单明了 |
[23:30] | We reviewed the pre-op notes from last week. | 我们查看了上周的术前小结 |
[23:32] | Duntsch’s plan for Mrs. Beyer’s procedure | 邓奇为贝尔女士制定的手术方案 |
[23:35] | was sound, well-reasoned. | 很全面 很合理 |
[23:36] | He knew the science. | 他熟悉相关知识 |
[23:37] | He knew what he was supposed to do heading into the OR. | 他很清楚自己在手术中要做些什么 |
[23:40] | If you say so, sir. | 你说是就是吧 先生 |
[23:42] | To me, it was a disaster from the start. | 对我来说 手术从头至尾就是一场灾难 |
[23:44] | He showed up late. | 他迟到了 |
[23:45] | And not surgeon late– late, late. | 不是主刀医生那种迟到 是严重迟到 |
[23:48] | And when he finally gets there, | 等到他终于姗姗来迟 |
[23:49] | that’s when I noticed his scrubs. | 我才注意到他的手术服 |
[23:50] | There was a hole in them. | 上面有个洞 |
[23:52] | A hole? | 一个洞 |
[23:53] | First saw it a few days before at Rose Keller’s operation. | 第一次是在萝丝·凯勒那场手术时看见 |
[23:57] | You saying he was wearing | 你是说他一连几天穿着 |
[23:58] | the same scrubs for days into surgeries? | 同一身手术服做了好几台手术 |
[24:01] | At Mrs. Burke’s surgery on Tuesday, hole. | 周二伯克女士的手术上 又看见那个洞 |
[24:04] | No underwear, three surgeries in a row. | 没穿内裤 三台手术都是如此 |
[24:07] | Sorry. Where–where was this hole? | 不好意思 那个 那个洞在哪里呢 |
[24:09] | – How is that relevant? – Oh, it’s relevant. | -这有什么关系 -很有关系 |
[24:11] | In the back. | 在后面 |
[24:13] | In the back, back? | 在后面”那里” |
[24:14] | A hole in the a-hole? | 菊花那里有个洞 |
[24:16] | All through Mrs. Beyer’s surgery, | 贝尔女士的手术上 |
[24:17] | he was mumbling about Dorothy Burke. | 他全程在嘟囔着桃乐西·伯克 |
[24:19] | He was preoccupied. And then the blood? | 他心事重重 然后出血方面 |
[24:22] | A lumbar fusion– | 一台腰椎融合手术 |
[24:23] | acceptable blood loss would be what? | 合理的出血量是多少 |
[24:25] | 200, 250 ccs? | 二百 二百五十毫升 |
[24:27] | She lost 1,700 ccs of blood. | 她出血量高达一千七百毫升 |
[24:31] | That much blood loss? Of course we were worried. | 那么大的量 我们当然非常担心 |
[24:40] | There’s a hemorrhage here. You need to fix it. | 她在大出血 你得止血 |
[24:42] | Do your goddamn job | 做好你该死的工作 |
[24:43] | and get her blood pressure under control. | 控制住她的血压 |
[24:46] | I can’t see anything. Get the blood out of my field. | 我什么都看不见 抽吸血水 |
[24:57] | Screw. | 螺钉 |
[25:02] | Excuse me, sir. | 不好意思 先生 |
[25:03] | I believe the screw is out of place. | 我觉得螺钉的位置偏了 |
[25:04] | I know where it is. | 我知道要对准哪里 |
[25:06] | It should be a little left. | 应该往左一点 |
[25:11] | Patient’s left. | 病人的左边 |
[25:12] | I did a fucking visual, okay? I know where it is. | 我看过X光片的好吗 我知道对准哪里 |
[25:16] | Doctor, it looks like the screw | 医生 钉杆看起来 |
[25:17] | might have missed the pedicle. | 好像没对准椎弓根 |
[25:18] | It seems to be in soft tissue here. | 好像插进这边的软组织里了 |
[25:20] | Is this guy on something? | 这小子嗑药了吗 |
[25:22] | Am I talking to myself? | 有人听我说话吗 |
[25:23] | Reposition the C-arm on Mrs. Burke now. | 把C型臂X光机挪回伯克女士身上 |
[25:26] | – You mean Mrs. Beyer? – You know what I mean! | -你是说贝尔女士 -你知道我在说谁 |
[25:45] | Cage. Give me the cage. | 融合器 把融合器给我 |
[25:47] | Looks like the screw is still outside the bone. | 看起来螺钉还是在骨头外侧 |
[25:49] | The X-rays are bullshit. Get me the cage. | X光片没屁用 融合器给我 |
[25:58] | Mallet. | 锤子 |
[26:20] | Craniotomy. | 开颅手术 |
[26:20] | Get Dorothy Burke into pre-op. | 推桃乐西·伯克去做术前准备 |
[26:22] | Dorothy Burke? We need to finish this, sir. | 桃乐西·伯克 我们得做完这台 先生 |
[26:25] | I’m aware of that. Thank you. | 我知道 谢谢你 |
[26:26] | Get Dorothy Burke prepped for a craniotomy. | 去给桃乐西·伯克做开颅术前准备 |
[26:28] | Sir, this hospital doesn’t have privileges | 先生 我们医院没有资格 |
[26:30] | to perform a craniotomy. | 进行开颅手术 |
[26:31] | – Schedule it. – We don’t have the equipment. | -去预约 -我们没有器材 |
[26:33] | I’ll do it with whatever the fuck you do have. | 你们他妈有什么我就用什么 |
[26:35] | Just get it scheduled. Now. | 去给我预约 现在就去 |
[26:37] | I’m sorry, sir, but I can’t schedule it | 很抱歉 先生 我没法预约 |
[26:38] | because we do not perform craniotomies at this hospital. | 因为我们医院没资格做开颅手术 |
[26:41] | Maybe we could transfer Mrs. Burke | 或许我们可以给伯克女士 |
[26:42] | out to an equipped facility. | 转院去有相应器材的医院 |
[26:44] | Baylor Plano has privileges for that. | 贝勒普莱诺医院可以做 |
[26:46] | When I tell you to do something, you do it. | 叫你做什么你就去做 |
[26:48] | You’re talking about drilling a hole into her skull, sir. | 你想在她的脑袋上钻洞 先生 |
[26:53] | Get the charge nurse in here. | 把护士长给我叫来 |
[27:00] | Now. | 赶紧 |
[27:04] | Rod. | 钉棒 |
[27:10] | Dr. Anthony? | 安东尼医生 |
[27:14] | There’s a slight issue with our lumbar case. | 我们那台腰椎手术出了点小问题 |
[27:19] | Am I supposed to guess what that issue is? | 你不接着说是想让我猜吗 |
[27:20] | Dr. Duntsch. | 问题出在邓奇医生 |
[27:21] | Who’s that? The new guy. | 谁啊 新来的那个吗 |
[27:22] | Yes. This is his first week. | 对 这是他第一周 |
[27:24] | He’s requesting a craniotomy. | 他想要安排一场开颅手术 |
[27:27] | Brain surgery on a lumbar case? | 一台腰椎手术还要开颅 |
[27:29] | No, sir. It’s for a different patient. | 不 主任 是给另一位病人开颅 |
[27:30] | – Dorothy Burke. – I don’t give a shit. | -桃乐西·伯克 -我才不管 |
[27:32] | – We don’t do craniotomies. – I’ve told him that, sir. | -我们这里没法做开颅 -我告诉过他了 |
[27:34] | I think he’d like to hear it from you. | 我想可能你跟他说会比较有用 |
[27:45] | I asked for the charge nurse. | 我叫你去找护士长 |
[27:47] | Yeah, well, you got the chief of surgery. | 他给你找来了外科主任 |
[27:48] | She’s my patient. Her treatment is my decision. | 我的患者 治疗方案我说了算 |
[27:51] | Well, today, this is my hospital. | 我的医院我说了算 |
[27:53] | And when you applied for privileges here, | 你申请我们医院的行医权时 |
[27:55] | you didn’t check the little red box | 没看清表格上写着 |
[27:56] | that said “brain surgeries.” | 我们不做脑外科手术 |
[27:57] | You are interrupting | 你这是在打断一场 |
[27:58] | an extremely delicate spinal fusion. | 极为复杂细致的腰椎融合手术 |
[28:01] | I’m so sorry. | 那真是不好意思 |
[28:02] | I thought you called for this interruption. | 我以为是你主动要求被打断的 |
[28:03] | Because I presumed | 因为我原以为 |
[28:04] | that you were shrewd enough to simply sign off. | 你会有点脑子直接签字通过 |
[28:06] | Well, I’m just a country hick from the Bronx, | 我只是个来自布朗克斯的乡下人 |
[28:08] | so let me put this in a manner even I can understand. | 我跟你用最简单的大白话讲吧 |
[28:12] | We don’t do craniotomies at this hospital, | 我们医院不做开颅手术 |
[28:14] | and you are a guest here at Dallas Medical. | 况且你是达拉斯医院的作客医生 |
[28:16] | If one of our staff tells you | 如果我们的医护告诉你 |
[28:18] | we don’t have privileges for a procedure, | 我们没资格做某种手术 |
[28:19] | it is not an invitation for debate. | 这不是邀请你来抬杠 |
[28:21] | I have privileges everywhere across this city. | 我在这个城市所有医院都有行医权 |
[28:24] | – Oh, you do, do you? – I will ensure | -是吗 -我会确保 |
[28:25] | that not a single patient comes through your door. | 再也不会有病人来你们医院 |
[28:27] | Wow, that would be so tragic. | 那可太遗憾了 |
[28:28] | Get the fuck out of my OR! | 他妈的滚出我的手术室 |
[28:33] | I’m gonna walk you through what’s about to happen. | 我跟你讲讲接下去会发生的事情吧 |
[28:36] | You will complete your work on Madeline Beyer. | 你给玛德琳·贝尔做完手术 |
[28:38] | She’s been over far too long. | 她已经在手术台上太久了 |
[28:40] | You will then transfer Dorothy Burke out of your care. | 然后你把桃乐西·伯克移交出来 |
[28:43] | There will be no more discussion of craniotomies. | 我不会再跟你讨论什么开颅手术 |
[28:45] | No more arguments. You will do it. | 不会跟你争辩 你就这么办 |
[28:48] | And then you will get the fuck out of my OR. | 然后你给我滚出我的手术室 |
[29:24] | – Anything else? – What else do you need? | -还有其他证据吗 -你还需要什么证据 |
[29:26] | We want you to suspend his license | 我们希望贵委会吊销他的执照 |
[29:28] | pending a formal investigation. | 并开展正式调查 |
[29:30] | Neither of you is in the operating theater at the time? | 你们二人当时都不在手术室里 |
[29:33] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[29:35] | So this is all secondhand information. | 所以这些都是间接证据 |
[29:37] | All hearsay. | 都是道听途说 |
[29:41] | Yes. | 没错 |
[29:42] | Just playing devil’s advocate. | 那我来唱唱反调 |
[29:44] | From your recitation of the events that day, | 照你对于那天发生的事情的描述 |
[29:47] | Dr. Duntsch could make a case that he was distracted. | 邓奇医生可以声称他当时分心了 |
[29:51] | Did you not hear about the hole in his scrubs? | 你没听见我们说他的手术服上有洞吗 |
[29:53] | I don’t think she heard about the hole. | 我觉得她没听见手术服上有洞 |
[29:55] | I agree. We all agree | 我认同 我们都认同 |
[29:57] | that there were some surgical misadventures at play… | 上周邓奇医生的手术中 |
[29:59] | – Misadventures? – in Dr Duntsch surgeries last week, | -意外事故 -发生了一些意外事故 |
[30:02] | but there are other issues. | 但还有其他问题 |
[30:04] | We have a circulating nurse | 有一位巡回护士 |
[30:06] | demonstrating a measure of non-compliance, | 不服从医生指令 |
[30:09] | an X-ray tech challenging a surgeon, | 一位X光技师质疑外科医生 |
[30:11] | and then an administrator barging into an OR mid-procedure. | 还有一位管理层人员中途闯入手术室 |
[30:15] | They were doing their part to stop an out-of-control surgeon. | 他们都是在尽各自所能将手术拉回正轨 |
[30:19] | I was at Baylor Plano. | 我当时在贝勒普莱诺医院 |
[30:20] | I saw what he’s capable of– | 我看到了他怎么做的 |
[30:21] | or no, better put– incapable of. | 不 应该说他是怎么搞砸的 |
[30:25] | What about the craniotomy? | 那开颅手术呢 |
[30:26] | He was demanding a procedure | 他要求做一个 |
[30:27] | the hospital didn’t have privileges to perform. | 该医院无权做的手术 |
[30:29] | The doctor who took over Dorothy Burke’s case | 桃乐西·伯克的主治医生声称 |
[30:31] | stated a craniotomy might’ve saved her life. | 开颅手术可能会挽救她的生命 |
[30:34] | “I would have grabbed | “我会用一把 |
[30:36] | the local handyman’s drill to perform it.” | 当地工人的电钻来做手术” |
[30:40] | Dr. Duntsch may not have gone about it the right way, | 邓奇医生也许做的方式不对 |
[30:42] | but it appears he may have been right. | 但看起来他可能是对的 |
[30:45] | We receive hundreds of these reports every year. | 我们每年会收到数百份这种报告 |
[30:48] | We take each case seriously, | 每个案件我们都会严肃对待 |
[30:50] | but you both know | 但你们都知道 |
[30:52] | that there is context to every story, | 每个故事都有相关背景 |
[30:54] | mistakes do happen to every doctor, | 所有医生都会犯错 |
[30:56] | even I’m sure to you both. | 我想你们一定也会 |
[31:02] | You’re prepared to file a formal complaint? | 你们打算正式投诉吗 |
[31:04] | – Absolutely. – Yes. | -当然 -是的 |
[31:07] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:11] | You are going to suspend his license? | 你们会吊销他的行医执照吗 |
[31:14] | I mean, what happens to him in the meantime? | 在此期间他会如何 |
[31:16] | We can’t do that. | 我们不能这样 |
[31:18] | Why the hell not? | 为什么不能 |
[31:19] | The attorneys won’t go for that. | 律师不会同意 |
[31:21] | We’d be opening ourselves up to a lawsuit. | 我们这是自讨官司 |
[31:23] | I thought protecting the public was the priority. | 我想当务之急是保护公众 |
[31:25] | That’s our number one priority. | 这就是我们的当务之急 |
[31:27] | Well, what’s to prevent him from seeking privileges | 那怎样才能阻止他在州内 |
[31:29] | at any one of the other 400 hospitals in the state? | 其他四百家医院寻找执业机会 |
[31:32] | Dr. Duntsch has resigned from Baylor. | 邓奇医生已从贝勒医院辞职 |
[31:35] | He should have been shitcanned. | 就不该让他当医生 |
[31:36] | He no longer has privileges at Dallas Medical. | 他在达拉斯医疗中心不再有行医资格 |
[31:39] | He has no privileges anywhere. | 他在任何地方都没有行医资格了 |
[31:41] | Perhaps he’s taking some personal time | 也许他正在休息 |
[31:44] | getting his head straight | 好好想清楚 |
[31:45] | after what was a difficult week. | 在经历了艰难的一周以后 |
[31:52] | Difficult week. | 艰难的一周 |
[31:54] | You know what? There was a urologist– | 知道吗 有个泌尿科医生 |
[31:55] | a urologist, you got me– | 泌尿科医生 你明白吗 |
[31:56] | accused by a patient of fondling his genitals. | 被病人指控摸了他的生殖器 |
[31:59] | A urologist! These morons pursued the case. | 一位泌尿科医生 这些白痴调查了那个案子 |
[32:01] | I mean, this–this feels like we’ve got to draw blood | 这 这整件事感觉就像为了拔出针 |
[32:03] | in order to move the needle. | 必须抽血一样 本末倒置 |
[32:04] | Duntsch was distracted? Give me a fucking break. | 邓奇被人分心了吗 可拉倒吧 |
[32:07] | Well, they’re not wrong. | 他们没做错 |
[32:08] | He lost privileges at two hospitals. | 他失去了两所医院的行医资格 |
[32:10] | News travels fast. | 这种消息传得很快 |
[32:11] | Not fast enough. | 还不够快 |
[32:13] | We voiced our concern. We filed a complaint. | 我们说出了我们担忧 我们投诉了 |
[32:15] | They launched an investigation. What more would you like to do? | 他们启动了调查 你还想做什么 |
[32:18] | I want to break his goddamn hands. | 我想打断他的手 |
[32:19] | Dr. Kirby, we have no choice | 科比医生 我们别无选择 |
[32:21] | but to respect the integrity of this process. | 只能尊重这个调查过程的完整性 |
[32:23] | Did you hear those goobers in there? | 你听到里面那些蠢货说的了吗 |
[32:24] | The process is gonna fuck us. The system is broken. | 这个过程会坑死我们 整个系统已经腐坏 |
[32:27] | And we are a part of that system. | 我们就是这个系统的一部分 |
[32:28] | Oh, fuck this. | 去他妈的 |
[32:48] | Been looking all over for you. | 我一直在到处找你 |
[32:49] | Yeah, I’ve been looking for you too, man. | 我也一直在到处找你 伙计 |
[32:50] | I got some news. Great news. | 我有个消息 好消息 |
[32:52] | – Yeah? – Yep. | -是吗 -是的 |
[32:53] | I am going home. | 我要回家了 |
[32:56] | I’m going back to Tennessee. And I had an idea. | 回田纳西州去 我有个主意 |
[32:58] | I haven’t really thought through all the details yet, | 我还没想清楚所有细节 |
[33:00] | but I think you should come with me. | 但我想你该跟我一起 |
[33:02] | – Come with you to Tennessee? – Yes, man. | -跟你一起去田纳西州吗 -是的 伙计 |
[33:04] | If you think football is big here, you have no idea. | 如果你认为橄榄球在这里很重要 你根本不知道 |
[33:06] | Like, two division one football players retired in the South? | 两个甲级橄榄球队队员退役后去南方会怎样 |
[33:09] | We would be like gods. | 我们会像神一样 |
[33:10] | Hold on. Back up. | 等等 倒回去一下 |
[33:12] | Why would you leave now? You just made walk-on. | 你为什么现在走 你刚当上临时队员 |
[33:13] | Oh, fuck this team. There’s no future here. | 去他的这个球队 这里没有前途 |
[33:16] | It’s bullshit. I don’t need it. | 这太烂了 我不需要这个 |
[33:17] | Then why you still wearing the jersey? | 那你为什么还穿着这件球服 |
[33:21] | Look, this is good for me. | 听着 这对我来说很好 |
[33:23] | Okay? It’s good for me. | 好吗 这对我好 |
[33:26] | So just come with me. | 跟我一起走吧 |
[33:28] | I am not going to Tennessee. | 我才不去田纳西州 |
[33:30] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[33:34] | Your loss. | 是你的损失 |
[33:35] | Dude, I don’t think you thought this through. | 兄弟 我想你没想清楚 |
[33:36] | No, no, no. It is all settled. | 不不不 全都安排好了 |
[33:38] | Okay? I’m leaving. | 好吗 我要走了 |
[33:39] | I’m going home ’cause I don’t need this shit. | 我要回家 因为我不需要这些 |
[33:42] | I don’t need any of it. Fuck it. | 我一点都不需要 去他的吧 |
[33:43] | Dude, what’s going on with you? | 伙计 你怎么了 |
[33:44] | I can’t stay. I can’t stay, okay? | 我没法留下来 没法留下来 好吗 |
[33:47] | I needed a football scholarship. | 我需要一个橄榄球奖学金 |
[33:48] | I didn’t get it, so I can’t stay. | 我没得到 所以我没法留下来 |
[33:51] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[33:52] | I needed it, and I didn’t get it. | 我需要奖学金 但我没获得 |
[34:03] | Shit. | 该死 |
[34:04] | Dude, I had no idea. | 兄弟 我不知道 |
[34:06] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[34:10] | No. | 不 |
[34:12] | No! | 不是 |
[34:13] | It’s gonna be good. | 会好起来的 |
[34:15] | U fucking T, they’re awesome. | 田纳西州大学队 他们很厉害 |
[34:18] | Great record, solid coach, and the way you work, | 良好的记录 可靠的教练 像你这样刻苦训练 |
[34:20] | you’ll be starting within three games. | 将在三场比赛内成为首发阵容 |
[34:21] | My third school, Betts. My third transfer. | 我第三个学校了 贝茨 这是我第三次转学 |
[34:26] | I can’t play anywhere. | 我在哪里都打不了球 |
[34:28] | I’m not even eligible to sit on the goddamn sidelines. | 我甚至都无权坐在场外区 |
[34:37] | Well, maybe this is a good thing. | 这也许是件好事 |
[34:39] | I mean, did you ever really want it? | 你真的想干这行吗 |
[34:43] | What? | 什么 |
[34:44] | It’s just, I think you have this idea in your head | 只是我觉得你应该有自己的想法 |
[34:46] | of what football means or what it’s supposed to mean. | 橄榄意味着什么 或它应该意味着什么 |
[34:50] | But does it– does it mean that to you | 但那真的对你很重要吗 |
[34:52] | or do you just think it should? | 还是你只是觉得它应该很重要 |
[34:58] | Where were you all those Monday morning film sessions? | 周一早上的那些电影课你都去哪里了 |
[35:03] | Where were you all those hours after practice, | 练习后的那些时间你都去哪里了 |
[35:06] | the drilling, the weightlifting? | 在训练和举重之后 |
[35:08] | Where were you? | 你去哪里了 |
[35:09] | Partying? Sleeping it off? | 参加派对 睡大觉 |
[35:11] | And you ask me if I wanted it? Fuck you, Betts. | 你还问我是否想要 去你的 贝茨 |
[35:13] | Yeah, and all that work for what? | 对 你那么刻苦训练干什么 |
[35:14] | So you can act like an asshole | 就为了能像个混蛋一样 |
[35:16] | and sit on the goddamn sidelines? | 坐在场外区吗 |
[35:17] | Fuck you! | 去你妈的 |
[35:27] | Stop, okay? | 住手 好吗 |
[35:44] | Stop. | 住手 |
[36:02] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[36:03] | Come on. Let’s go. | 来啊 来打啊 |
[36:04] | No, fuck you– | 不了 去你的 |
[36:05] | Stop! | 住手 |
[36:10] | Stop! | 住手 |
[36:12] | You can’t win. | 你赢不了 |
[36:14] | Stop fucking trying. | 别再尝试了 |
[36:23] | 孟菲斯 三周后 | |
[36:56] | Dumb face! | 傻屌 |
[37:16] | Is your grandma good with this? | 你奶奶同意这样吗 |
[37:17] | Mee-maw? She’s good. | 我奶奶吗 她同意 |
[37:20] | This is a light night. Hey. | 今晚还算不闹了 听着 |
[37:22] | I’m sorry about the whole dumb face thing. | 很抱歉刚叫你傻屌 |
[37:26] | – Old habits. – Ah, don’t worry about it. | -老习惯了 -别担心 |
[37:31] | So, my hotshot friend, | 我的运动高手朋友 |
[37:33] | word is you’re a big-time football player up in the CO. | 听说你是科罗拉多大学的大牌橄榄球队员 |
[37:37] | I was, yeah. Yeah, starting mid. | 之前是 对 半路出家 |
[37:39] | You should’ve seen the girls I got in that jersey. | 你真该看看我穿那件球服泡到的女孩 |
[37:42] | But some of the guys | 但练习小队里 |
[37:43] | on the practice squad were kind of busted. | 有些家伙实在太差了 |
[37:44] | So that slowed me down every now and then. | 所以时不时就会拖累我 |
[37:47] | Honestly, | 老实说 |
[37:49] | I’m kind of over football, you know? | 我已经不喜欢橄榄球了 |
[37:52] | It just–it just feels beneath me, you know? | 只是感觉 感觉和我不搭 你懂吗 |
[37:55] | Hey, man. No love lost here. | 我也这么觉得 |
[37:56] | My neck’s still fucked from junior year. | 大三打球弄得我现在脖子还疼 |
[37:59] | Plus I got bigger things going on here. | 而且我有更大的计划 |
[38:02] | What do you got brewing? | 你想干什么 |
[38:03] | Pre-med. | 读医学预科 |
[38:04] | Ut. I’m taking the MCAT. | 得克萨斯大学 我准备考医学院入学考试 |
[38:05] | Oh, man! Like, ah! | 天哪 老兄 |
[38:08] | I always knew you were gonna end up | 我就知道你肯定会 |
[38:09] | doing some crazy high-end shit with your life. | 做出点惊天动地的事来 |
[38:11] | You were always, like, the smartest guy I knew. | 你是我认识的最聪明的人 |
[38:19] | And given the spaz company you keep, | 跟你的傻逼朋友比起来 |
[38:21] | that’s not really saying much. | 最聪明也没什么好骄傲的 |
[38:25] | Dumb face! | 傻屌 |
[38:28] | So that’s it. | 所以就这么定了 |
[38:29] | You’re back? | 你要回来了 |
[38:32] | I miss the weather. | 我想念这里的天气了 |
[38:34] | And your boy, Jerry. | 还有你的好兄弟杰瑞 |
[38:37] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 不行 |
[38:39] | My boy don’t play. | 我朋友不吸这个 |
[38:40] | He’s going beyond. Gonna change the world. | 他高级着呢 即将改变世界 |
[38:43] | Someone get him a Boone’s Farm. | 谁给他拿瓶水果酒来 |
[38:44] | Strawberry Hill, right? | 草莓山 对吗 |
[38:46] | – Yeah. – Yeah, light and sweet, baby. | -是的 -没错 清甜可口 |
[38:48] | I knew it. Hey, yo, yo, yo. | 我就知道 你 你过来 |
[38:50] | Get my homie some Boone’s. | 给我好兄弟来瓶水果酒 |
[38:51] | We don’t got any of that. | 我们这里没有 |
[38:52] | Then go get some, you piece of shit. | 那就去别的地方找来 你个废物 |
[38:54] | Go, go! Get some. | 去 快去 去找来 |
[39:02] | Good to be home. | 回家真好 |
[39:04] | I’m going to see you every day. | 我每天都能见到你了 |
[39:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:16] | I know it’s not ideal me moving back home, | 我知道搬回家并不是最好的选择 |
[39:19] | but Jerry did mention | 但杰瑞说过 |
[39:21] | that maybe I could live with him for a little while | 我也许可以跟他一起住一阵子 |
[39:23] | just until classes start. | 直到开学 |
[39:24] | And I really think | 而且我真的觉得 |
[39:26] | that I’m onto something with this research. | 这个研究会大有作为 |
[39:27] | I really think that there’s a future in it. | 而且前途无量 |
[39:29] | What exactly does one do with research? | 你做研究究竟能干嘛 |
[39:31] | Well, maybe you could go | 也许你可以 |
[39:32] | into the medical field, like your father. | 像你父亲一样进入医学领域 |
[39:34] | Actually, Dad, | 实际上 爸爸 |
[39:35] | I’ve been looking into that and giving it a lot of thought. | 我查过了 并且深思熟虑了 |
[39:38] | So not all of my courses from CSU would transfer, | 我在科罗拉多州立大学的学分中 |
[39:41] | but the biology credits would, | 生物的学分可以转 |
[39:43] | so I’d only actually need to do, like, | 所以我只需要 |
[39:45] | two additional semesters. | 再读两个学期 |
[39:47] | I mean, I thought I’d have to do, | 我本来以为 |
[39:48] | like, two additional years. | 我还要再读两年 |
[39:49] | Two semesters is nothing. | 两个学期并不算什么 |
[39:50] | Money’s not nothing, Chris. | 钱难道不算什么吗 克里斯 |
[39:53] | First it was Millsaps College for football, | 一开始是去米尔萨普斯学院打橄榄球 |
[39:55] | and then it was Colorado State for football. | 然后又去科罗拉多州立大学打球 |
[39:57] | And now you’re back for research. | 现在你又想做研究了 |
[39:58] | I know, sir, but I would be a doctor. | 我知道 先生 但我能当上医生 |
[40:02] | A neurosurgeon. | 一名神经外科医生 |
[40:04] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[40:05] | I have a medical degree, Chris, | 我有医学学位 克里斯 |
[40:07] | and I know the– | 所以我清楚 |
[40:09] | the difficulties that come with that area of study. | 这领域的学习有多艰难 |
[40:12] | Well, this is not exactly | 这并不是 |
[40:13] | something you’d be familiar with. | 你熟悉的领域 |
[40:18] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[40:23] | I just mean there’s been– | 我的意思是说 |
[40:25] | there’s been a lot of advancements, | 现在社会进步了很多 |
[40:27] | and there’s new studies and new technologies, | 有了很多新的研究和科技 |
[40:30] | and I’d be an MD. | 我也能成为一名医学博士 |
[40:33] | You know, this is what I always used | 我以前一直这么 |
[40:35] | to tell your brother, Nathan. | 跟你哥哥内森说 |
[40:36] | He has that kind of mind. | 他具备那样的才智 |
[40:38] | Nathan should have gone to medical school, you know? | 内森本该去读医学院 知道吗 |
[40:40] | – I think it’s a great idea. – Susan. | -我觉得这是一个好主意 -苏珊 |
[40:42] | Christopher, you have always struggled | 克里斯托弗 你一直都在 |
[40:45] | to find something that challenged you, like Einstein. | 寻找着挑战自我的机会 就像爱因斯坦一样 |
[40:49] | Maybe you should reach out to John. | 也许你应该去找约翰 |
[40:51] | – Dr. Davidson. – Susan– | -戴维森医生 -苏珊 |
[40:52] | He’s like an uncle to him, | 他就像你叔叔一样 |
[40:54] | and maybe he could help you find something. | 也许他能帮助你 |
[40:55] | Chris is not going to ask for favors | 克里斯不能向别人 |
[40:57] | he definitely cannot repay, | 寻求他无法回报的帮助 |
[40:59] | not from my friends. | 尤其是向我的朋友 |
[41:02] | Dad, I really think my stem cell research has potential. | 爸爸 我真的觉得干细胞研究很有前景 |
[41:05] | Stem cell. | 干细胞 |
[41:08] | Yeah, they’re the–the building blocks of the human. | 是的 他们就像人体的建筑基石一样 |
[41:10] | No, I know what stem cells are, Christopher. | 不 我知道干细胞是什么 克里斯托弗 |
[41:12] | Okay, so then you know that they can develop | 好吧 那你就知道它们可以 |
[41:14] | into other types of cells, | 发育成其他类型的细胞 |
[41:16] | which is why they have so much potential. | 所以它们有巨大的发展潜力 |
[41:17] | They’re incredibly complex starting right from | 它们从胚胎形成之初 |
[41:20] | the beginning of their formation in the embryo. | 就非常复杂 |
[41:22] | If they’re in the embryo, | 如果它们在胚胎里 |
[41:23] | how does one access them for research? | 你要怎么研究它们 |
[41:26] | We can isolate them | 我们可以把它们 |
[41:27] | from immature human embryos and fetal tissue. | 从未成熟的人类胚胎和胎儿组织中分离 |
[41:32] | So you’re talking about spending your time | 所以你是说要把你的时间 |
[41:33] | and my money parading around | 和我的钱花在 |
[41:36] | masquerading as a doctor | 伪装成医生 |
[41:37] | promoting the exploitation of unborn babies? | 推广剥削未出生的婴儿上吗 |
[41:43] | That is not medicine, Chris. | 那不是医学 克里斯 |
[41:45] | It’s not science. | 不是科学 |
[41:47] | Dad, | 爸爸 |
[41:49] | science is what can be done by man. | 科学是人类创造的 |
[41:53] | What is conquerable? | 是去征服未知 |
[41:54] | And I plan on conquering this. | 而我打算征服这个 |
[41:56] | Well… | 好吧 |
[41:58] | I wouldn’t count on it. | 我可不敢指望这个 |
[42:02] | Well… | 那么 |
[42:06] | The MCATs disagree with you. | 医学院入学考试结果与你意见不同 |
[42:10] | I got a couple wrong. | 我只错了几道题 |
[42:14] | Some things can be learned, son, | 有些事情是可以学习 孩子 |
[42:16] | and some things are just biology. | 而有些事情只是天赋 |
[43:24] | Hello? | 你好 |
[43:59] | He was running on a platform | 他在运营一个关于 |
[44:01] | about reducing the cost of government. | 削减政府开销的平台 |
[44:02] | And his plan was to eliminate three government agencies, | 他的计划是淘汰三个政府机关 |
[44:06] | and he couldn’t name them. | 然而他却叫不出对方名字 |
[44:10] | – That’s definitely his kind of… – Shrimp! | -那可真是他的… -虾 |
[44:14] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[44:16] | Great party. | 真棒的派对 |
[44:17] | I did hear a nasty little rumor | 我听到了令人不快的谣言 |
[44:19] | about a lobster tail somewhere with my name on it. | 说某个龙虾尾巴上有我的名字 |
[44:23] | Randy Kirby. | 兰迪·科比 |
[44:25] | You’re Dr. Kirby. | 你就是科比医生 |
[44:27] | Oh, I see my reputation has exceeded me. | 看来我名声远扬了 |
[44:29] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[44:30] | Would you excuse us for a moment, please? | 请让我们独处一下好吗 |
[44:32] | Merry Christmas, Randy. | 圣诞快乐 兰迪 |
[44:33] | Hey, season’s greetings to you. | 也祝你节日快乐 |
[44:35] | So they just let you in? | 他们就这么放你进来了 |
[44:36] | Well, I told security | 我跟保安说 |
[44:37] | that we needed to talk some doctor stuff. | 我们需要谈点医学上的事情 |
[44:40] | Doctor stuff. | 医学上的事情 |
[44:41] | But firstly, I want to say, | 但首先 我想说 |
[44:44] | I know I should have called months ago. | 我知道几个月前我就应该打电话给你 |
[44:46] | I haven’t been able to sleep thinking about | 一想到我们在医委会之后 |
[44:48] | how we left things after the Medical Board. | 不欢而散我就睡不着了 |
[44:52] | I just want to say I’m sorry. | 我只想说声对不起 |
[44:55] | That’s why you came? | 这就是你来的理由吗 |
[44:57] | Partly. | 一部分吧 |
[44:58] | All is forgiven. | 我原谅你了 |
[45:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[45:01] | What’s the other part? | 你还有什么别的事 |
[45:04] | Duntsch is back. | 邓奇回来了 |