时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | 本剧基于真实事件改编 部分内容为戏剧创作原因进行虚构 虚构部分与任何现实人物或实体无关 | |
[00:18] | I had back pain for years. | 我多年来一直背痛 |
[00:21] | Broke my back. Motorcycle accident. | 后背受伤 摩托车事故 |
[00:24] | – Light back pain. – Lower back pain. | -轻微背痛 -下背部疼痛 |
[00:26] | Neck pain. | 颈部疼痛 |
[00:27] | Pain in the neck and a numb pinky. | 颈部痛 伴有小指麻木 |
[00:30] | Numbness, tingling in my finger. | 麻木感 手指刺痛 |
[00:32] | Back pain. | 背疼 |
[00:34] | I trusted that he’d do the right thing. | 我曾经相信他会正确处理 |
[00:39] | He told us he was gonna fix it. | 他说他会治愈我们 |
[00:41] | That’s all we needed to know. | 那时我们只需要了解这些 |
[00:44] | A nightmare. | 一场噩梦 |
[00:46] | I woke up in a nightmare. | 我醒来后陷入了一场噩梦 |
[00:48] | They were pumping me full of blood… | 他们一直给我抽血 |
[00:49] | – I was sore. – …and I didn’t know why. | -我感觉酸痛 -…且不知道原因 |
[00:51] | – I hurt. – Every bone hurt. | -我很疼 -每根骨头都疼 |
[00:52] | – I was worse. – I couldn’t move. | -我的病情恶化 -我动不了 |
[00:54] | I was crying. | 我一直在哭 |
[00:55] | – And the pain. – I had never | -那种痛感 -我从来都没… |
[00:57] | – I woke with a limp. – …felt pain like that. | -我醒来后就瘸了 -…觉得那么疼过 |
[01:00] | The first thing that went through my mind… | 我想到的第一件事就是… |
[01:01] | And no one could tell me what was wrong with me. | 没人能告诉我 我到底出了什么问题 |
[01:03] | – “What has he done to me?” – I miss her. | -“他对我做了什么” -我想念她 |
[01:04] | I can’t play with my children like I used to. | 我无法像从前那样和孩子们一起玩耍 |
[01:06] | She was a very… | 她生前是个非常… |
[01:07] | I have a feeding tube attached to me with a bag. | 我身上带着一个带着袋子的饲管 |
[01:10] | …very good woman. | …非常好的女人 |
[01:11] | I learned ways to control the pain. | 我学会了各种控制疼痛的办法 |
[01:13] | That’s all I can say. | 我能说的就这么多 |
[01:18] | I wish I could go back to the days | 我希望能够回到过去 |
[01:19] | before I met Christopher Duntsch. | 回到还不认识克里斯托弗·邓奇的时候 |
[01:25] | 死亡医师 第一集 | |
[01:34] | 五年前 2012年7月25日星期三 达拉斯医疗中心 | |
[02:14] | – Here you go. – Great. | -给你 -好的 |
[02:16] | – You missed one. – What? | -你漏填了一页 -什么 |
[02:17] | Informed consent. Have to sign that. | 告知同意 需要签字 |
[02:19] | – I’m sorry. – No problem. | -抱歉 -没关系 |
[02:21] | Just fill out the top- name, age, address, | 就填表上面这部分 姓名 年龄 地址 |
[02:23] | and everything here, and then review all the statements, | 还有这里所有内容 然后阅读须知 |
[02:25] | and sign and date at the bottom. | 在表格最下面签字写日期 |
[02:26] | – Madeline Beyer. – Yeah, right here. | -玛德琳·拜尔 -在这里 |
[02:29] | You can finish that in exam room. | 你可以拿到诊疗室填写 |
[02:31] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[02:33] | My daughter is parking, and– | 我女儿在停车 然后… |
[02:36] | I’ll let her know they took you back. | 他们送你回来后我告诉她 |
[02:38] | – She can come? – Yes. | -她可以过来吗 -是的 |
[02:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[02:48] | You’re gonna take everything off | 您需要脱掉所有衣服 |
[02:50] | and get into the gown, Ms. Beyer. | 换上病号服 拜尔女士 |
[02:53] | – Open on the back side. – Okay. | -衣服是后面穿脱 -好的 |
[02:55] | Have you had any medications this morning? | 您今早服用过药物吗 |
[02:57] | No. | 没有 |
[02:58] | Anything to eat or drink | 昨晚8点之后 |
[02:59] | Since 8:00 P.M. last night, Ms. Beyer? | 有没有喝水和进食 拜尔女士 |
[03:01] | No. | 没有 |
[03:03] | And it’s Beyer, like the animal. | 还有我姓贝尔 就是那个动物 |
[03:07] | Everyone makes that mistake. | 大家都会读错 |
[03:10] | Dr. Duntsch will have you in and out before you know it. | 邓奇医生会的手术会很快完成 |
[03:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:27] | Here we are on Madeline Beyer. | 我们在为玛德琳·贝尔进行手术 |
[03:30] | Mrs. Beyer had an L5-S1 posterior fusion | 贝尔太太进行了L5-S1脊椎融合术 |
[03:33] | performed by Dr. Christopher Duntsch | 主刀医生为克里斯托弗·邓奇 |
[03:35] | this past Wednesday. | 手术于本周三进行 |
[03:37] | Patient awoke reporting intensified pain | 病人醒来后感到强烈疼痛 |
[03:40] | and limited mobility. | 且行动受限 |
[03:41] | Today, we’re performing the revision surgery. | 今天我们进行修复手术 |
[03:45] | This whole midline structure has been severed | 整个脊髓中轴从下脊椎以下 |
[03:48] | from the underlying spine. | 受到严重损坏 |
[03:50] | It’s just flopping in here. | 里面一团糟 |
[03:52] | It provides no protective benefit to the nerves. | 已经无法为神经提供支撑保护 |
[03:56] | I just grabbed it. | 我抓住中轴 |
[03:58] | Underneath that, you can see fragments of bone | 可以看到它的下面有骨折碎片 |
[04:01] | piercing the nerves. | 刺进神经 |
[04:02] | Also, the spinous process, I’ll be removing this. | 同时 存在的枢椎棘突 我会予以摘除 |
[04:07] | I just grabbed the ligament, and it’s exposed the dura, | 我刚刚抓住了韧带 露出硬膜 |
[04:10] | which is leaking spinal fluid. | 正不断渗出脊髓液 |
[04:13] | I do see down here more bone. | 下方我看到更多骨骼 |
[04:16] | It looks like putty, | 看起来就像油灰 |
[04:18] | just smashed in there. | 被砸碎后四处散落 |
[04:23] | What did he do to her? | 他对她做了什么 |
[04:32] | Mrs. Beyer? | 贝尔太太 |
[04:35] | How are you feeling? | 您感觉怎么样 |
[04:40] | I hurt a lot. | 我感觉很痛 |
[04:42] | Well, that’s to be expected. | 这是预料之中的 |
[04:43] | Is the pain better or worse than before? | 您的痛感比之前更剧烈还是好转了 |
[04:49] | You don’t have to answer that right now. | 您不需要现在回答 |
[04:50] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不不不 |
[04:54] | Better. It’s better. | 好转 比之前好转 |
[04:57] | Okay, well, we’ll get the pain management team up here | 好的 我们会安排痛症治疗组过来 |
[04:59] | and increase your meds. | 给您加大药物剂量 |
[05:01] | How does that sound? | 您觉得怎么样 |
[05:02] | Now, would you do me a favor, please, and… | 请您帮我个忙 |
[05:08] | press against my hand? | 请压向我的手 |
[05:11] | Excellent. Now pull. | 非常好 现在请向后拉 |
[05:15] | Toes toward your nose. | 脚趾向鼻子的方向 |
[05:18] | Very good. And now the left against. | 很好 现在用左脚推我的手 |
[05:23] | Can you push against? | 您左脚能推我的手吗 |
[05:25] | I can’t move it. | 我动不了左脚 |
[05:30] | Well, we’ll run some tests, see what might be amiss. | 我们会做些检测 看看是哪里不对 |
[05:34] | For now, sleep, okay? | 现在 好好睡一觉 好吗 |
[05:38] | – Dr. Henderson. – Yes? | -亨德森医生 -什么事 |
[05:44] | I don’t want him near me, | 不要让他靠近我 |
[05:46] | not ever again. | 再也不要 |
[05:49] | You keep Dr. Duntsch away. | 请您让邓奇医生离我远点 |
[06:08] | Ha, come on. It’s less douchey than a BMW. | 拜托 它可没宝马那么混球 |
[06:11] | – I drive a CR-V. – Oh, nothing wrong with that. | -我开本田CRV -那也没什么不好 |
[06:14] | You know, Hondas, they go forever. | 本田 永远有市场 |
[06:15] | Cheap parts, good resale. | 配件便宜 二手价格也好 |
[06:17] | Honestly, the only reason I bring it up– | 说真的 我提起这事的原因是 |
[06:19] | – can you turn up the suction? – Suction. | -你能抽吸液体吗 -抽吸 |
[06:21] | You ever see that Will Ferrell skit? | 你看过威尔·法瑞尔那滑稽戏吗 |
[06:22] | “Jag-u-ar.” | “捷耶豹” |
[06:25] | I love Will Ferrell. | 我喜欢威尔·法瑞尔 |
[06:26] | The only reason I bring it up– | 我提起这事的原因是 |
[06:28] | – bipolara. – Bipolara. | -镊子 -镊子 |
[06:29] | Jag is a super trooper magnet. | 捷豹超级容易引起州警注意 |
[06:32] | One time I get called in for an aortic aneurysm | 有一次我因为主动脉瘤出诊 |
[06:34] | doing a buck. Peddle up 35, 40. | 开到了100迈 超速35到40迈 |
[06:36] | Buck ten, trooper throws on his lights, | 提到时速110迈 州警就开了警灯 |
[06:39] | chases me right up to the ER. | 一路追我到急诊室 |
[06:40] | He follows me into the scrub room. | 还跟着我进了刷手间 |
[06:42] | He says he’s gonna arrest me for evading the police. | 说他要因为逃避警察问询逮捕我 |
[06:46] | I tell him, go ahead, but he’s gonna have to wait. | 我跟他说 来吧 但他得等着 |
[06:49] | Throw open the doors of the OR | 然后推开手术室门 |
[06:50] | just as they’re splitting the patient. | 里面正在给病人开胸 |
[06:53] | Fuck, his face. | 我靠 他那表情 |
[06:55] | Could not have been better timing. | 这时机太妙了 |
[06:57] | I think it was the rib cracking that got me out of the ticket. | 我想是肋骨骨折让我免于接到罚单 |
[07:00] | Good morning, Dr. Kirby. | 早上好 科比医生 |
[07:02] | Deleone, the grand poobah herself. | 德利昂 领导大驾光临 |
[07:04] | To what do we owe the pressure? I mean, pleasure? | 什么狂风把您给吹来了 我是说微风 |
[07:06] | What is that about the lowest form of wit? | 最低级的幽默是什么 |
[07:06] | 关于wit的两句俗语 “讽刺是最低级的幽默”与”言以简为贵” 该处医生故意答非所问 | |
[07:08] | – I believe it’s brevity. – Mm, if only. | -我想是言简 -要是就好了 |
[07:11] | What can I do for you? Ooh, got a bleeder–cauterize. | 有什么事 出血了…给我高频电刀 |
[07:13] | What do you know about Dr. Duntsch? | 你对邓奇医生有什么了解 |
[07:16] | “Doctor” is a strong word. | “医生”太高抬他了 |
[07:18] | Okay, good. Thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[07:20] | You worked with him at Baylor Plano, right? | 你和他在贝勒普莱诺医院共事过 对吧 |
[07:21] | One time only engagement. | 就有过一次交集 |
[07:23] | I’m gonna retract here. | 这里需要牵引 |
[07:25] | ‘Bout six months ago, total shit show. | 大概六个月前 简直一团糟 |
[07:27] | Can I get more light? | 再给我照亮一点好吗 |
[07:28] | Exactly what I was hoping you weren’t gonna say. | 我就怕你会这么说 |
[07:30] | Tell me you didn’t hire him. | 你不是雇了他吧 |
[07:31] | Why wouldn’t I? Great resume. | 为什么不呢 漂亮的履历 |
[07:34] | Baylor Plano sent him along with a clean letter. | 贝勒普莱诺医院还给了他漂亮的推荐信 |
[07:36] | No areas of concern. | 没有任何问题 |
[07:37] | You gotta loop me into these things, Jill. | 这些事你该让我参与 吉尔 |
[07:39] | I got more credentials in this town than Tony Romo. | 在这里我的名头比托尼·罗莫还要响 |
[07:41] | Debakey. | 无损伤镊 |
[07:42] | I could have told you the guy was a hack. | 我本可以告诉你 那家伙一塌糊涂 |
[07:44] | What did he do? | 他干什么了 |
[07:50] | Jill? | 吉尔 |
[07:53] | What did he do? | 他干什么了 |
[08:04] | Josh, you got a minute? | 乔什 你有时间吗 |
[08:07] | Yes, sir. Please sit. | 有 先生 请坐吧 |
[08:10] | – How’s the chowder? – July in Texas. | -杂烩汤怎么样 -跟得州的七月一样 |
[08:13] | Well, we all have to live with our choices in life, right? | 我们都得要为各自人生的选择承担后果 对吧 |
[08:17] | You here to talk about my soup | 您是来和我聊我的汤 |
[08:18] | or…Dr. Duntsch, sir? | 还是…邓奇医生 先生 |
[08:21] | Am I that obvious? | 我就那么好看透吗 |
[08:23] | I was listening to you in there, in the OR. | 我刚刚在手术室听到了你说的话 |
[08:25] | Look as bad inside Mrs. Beyer as it sounded on the outside? | 看来贝尔太太的情况和大家说的一样糟 |
[08:30] | Duntsch’s surgery on Madeline Beyer, | 邓奇给玛德琳·贝尔做的手术 |
[08:32] | you were the circulating nurse, right? | 你是巡回护士 对吧 |
[08:35] | What was that like? | 当时情况怎么样 |
[08:38] | It… | 好像… |
[08:40] | was like he knew what he was supposed to do, and… | 好像他知道自己该做什么 而… |
[08:46] | He did the exact opposite? | 却做了完全相反的事吗 |
[08:50] | Everyone in that room could have done better than him, sir. | 手术室里任何人都能比他做得更好 先生 |
[08:56] | I tried. | 我尝试了 |
[08:58] | I mean, it isn’t worth shit. | 虽然没有屁用 |
[09:00] | I tried to help Dr. Duntsch in there. | 我尝试在手术室协助邓奇医生 |
[09:04] | Even tried to stop him, but– | 甚至是想要阻止他 但… |
[09:05] | It wasn’t your job to stop him. | 阻止他不是你的工作 |
[09:08] | Tell that to Mrs. Beyer. | 去和贝尔太太讲吧 |
[09:11] | Tell that to Dorothy Burke. | 去和桃乐西·伯克讲吧 |
[09:28] | Hey, Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[09:30] | -Dr. Kirby. – Danke. | -科比医生 -谢谢 |
[09:33] | I have an MRI that I have to get to– | 我有个核磁共振检查得去 |
[09:34] | Jill Deleone stopped by, told me you came across | 吉尔·德利昂来找我 说你碰到了 |
[09:36] | some of Christopher Duntsch’s splatter painting. | 克里斯托弗·邓奇的一件杰作 |
[09:39] | “Splatter painting”? | “杰作” |
[09:42] | You did a revision surgery on Madeline Beyer. | 你为玛德琳·贝尔做了修复手术 |
[09:44] | How’d it go? | 情况如何 |
[09:47] | Mrs. Beyer is not your patient, | 贝尔太太不是你的患者 |
[09:48] | so I won’t be speaking with you about– | 因此我不会和你谈及… |
[09:49] | 全称为《健康保险携带和责任》法案 其目的为简化管理 降低成本 | |
[09:49] | Oh, fucking HIPAA. | 去他妈的HIPAA法案 |
[09:51] | Well, why don’t you tell me exactly what it is | 不如你直截了当告诉我 |
[09:52] | you’re looking for, Dr. Kirby? | 你要了解什么吧 科比医生 |
[09:58] | January, I’m at Baylor. | 一月份 我在贝勒 |
[10:00] | No other access surgeons are available. | 其他外科手术医生都没空 |
[10:02] | I get asked to scrub in. It was a last-minute favor. | 我被请去协助手术 就是去救急帮忙 |
[10:04] | Turns out, happenstance, it’s my pool guy. | 结果发现 患者是给我清理游泳池的人 |
[10:07] | L5-S1 fusion. | L5-S1腰骶融合术 |
[10:09] | Now, on a scale of one-to-one, one being easy, | 假设有个天平 一侧代表容易 |
[10:12] | the other one being easy, how difficult is that? | 另一侧也代表容易 这有什么难的呢 |
[10:14] | Let’s go with one. | 我们就说是简单吧 |
[10:15] | Fucking caveman could do it, am I right? | 连他妈的洞穴人也能做 我说得没错吧 |
[10:17] | I got the patient opened up, disc sitting right there, | 我把患者切开 椎间盘就在眼前 |
[10:20] | shiny red bike under the tree, Christmas morning, | 如同圣诞节早晨树下的红色自行车 闪闪发亮 |
[10:22] | just waiting to be plucked out and the vice plopped in. | 等着被拔出 再把替代的放进去 |
[10:25] | And what would you do? What would you ask for? | 你会怎么做 你会要什么 |
[10:26] | I’m decomposing here, Dr. Kirby. | 我已经听得长毛了 科比医生 |
[10:28] | People tell me I have the flair for the melodrama. | 大家都说我有戏剧表演的天赋 |
[10:30] | – I can’t imagine why. – I like to call it passion. | -我不敢想象 -我觉得这是激情 |
[10:33] | – What would you ask for? – A scalpel. | -你会要什么 -手术刀 |
[10:35] | Fucking right, you would! Everybody would! | 没错 谁都会要手术刀 |
[10:37] | This yutz asked for a Double-Action Rongeur. | 这个蠢货要了双关节咬骨钳 |
[10:41] | Did he get the disc out? | 他把椎间盘取出来了吗 |
[10:43] | With a great deal of gratuitous elbow grease. | 费了无谓的九牛二虎之力 |
[10:44] | – Did he get the device in? – Off midline. | -他把装置放进去了吗 -不是在正中 |
[10:47] | – How far off? – Is there any measurement | -偏差多少 -有什么人类 |
[10:48] | devised by the human hand that would make it all right? | 发明的测量仪器能让这事变得没问题吗 |
[10:51] | Duntsch almost killed my pool guy. | 邓奇差点把游泳池清理的人杀死 |
[10:52] | Could it have been human error? | 有可能是人为失误吗 |
[10:54] | Sure. Yeah, why not? | 当然 对啊 为什么不呢 |
[10:56] | But after that case in January, Duntsch had a bunch more, | 但一月份的手术之后 邓奇又做了几台 |
[10:58] | which were all, shall we say, less than successful? | 这么说吧 都不算成功 |
[11:00] | But two of them were borderline monstrous. | 但其中两台手术近乎灾难 |
[11:03] | One is sipping through a straw for the rest of his life, | 其中一人下半辈子都要靠吸管进食 |
[11:05] | quadriplegic. | 四肢瘫痪 |
[11:06] | The other, back in March, dies on his table | 另一个三月份的患者 死在了他的手术台 |
[11:09] | after he slices through her vertebral artery. | 他割断了她的椎动脉 |
[11:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:16] | Duntsch performed surgeries | 邓奇本周一二三 |
[11:18] | this past Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday | 在达拉斯医疗中心 |
[11:19] | here at Dallas Medical. | 都做了手术 |
[11:21] | Wednesday, the patient was Madeline Beyer. | 周三的患者就是玛德琳·贝尔 |
[11:23] | You know about that. Tuesday, the patient’s name was Dorothy Burke. | 这事你知道 周二的患者叫桃乐西·伯克 |
[11:26] | She was in here for a cervical fusion, | 她来做颈椎融合手术 |
[11:27] | and he sliced through her vertebral artery. | 他也割断了她的椎动脉 |
[11:30] | – Get the fuck outta here. – She’s on life support. | -不会吧 -她现在靠呼吸机维持 |
[11:34] | Duntsch has two surgeries | 邓奇下周一 |
[11:36] | scheduled first thing next week. | 就有两台手术 |
[11:41] | We’re gonna sit here chatting? | 我们就打算坐在这闲聊吗 |
[11:42] | Or we’re gonna do something about it? | 还是对此做点什么 |
[12:24] | Mrs. Keller! | 凯勒太太 |
[12:26] | Today’s the big day. How you feeling? | 今天是大日子 您感觉如何 |
[12:28] | Hungry. | 饿 |
[12:30] | Well, if it makes you feel any better, | 如果这么说能让您好受些的话 |
[12:31] | I haven’t eaten yet either. | 我也还没吃饭 |
[12:32] | – How’s business? – Booming. | -生意如何 -火爆 |
[12:34] | No surprise there. | 这不奇怪 |
[12:35] | Yeah, I got plans for two new off– | 嗯 我有计划要开办两个新… |
[12:36] | “I have plans.” | 是”我计划” |
[12:39] | ESL teachers just can’t let that slide, can they? | ESL英语教师不会放过这种错误 对吧 |
[12:42] | I have plans for two new offices opening by the end of the year. | 我计划在今年年底再开办两个新的诊所 |
[12:45] | – You don’t say. – Yeah. | -真的啊 -嗯 |
[12:47] | Expanding faster than I ever could imagine. | 我都想不到会扩展得这么快 |
[12:48] | Just trying to figure it all out, really. | 我也想搞清是怎么回事 真的 |
[12:51] | Moving up in the world. | 平步青云 |
[12:53] | Always. | 永远会 |
[12:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:57] | Theresa, Melanie, this is Mr. And Mrs. Keller. | 特丽萨 梅勒妮 这是凯勒夫妇 |
[13:00] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[13:02] | – Where’s Dr. Morgan? – Nearer pastures. | -摩根医生在哪里 -附近的牧场 |
[13:06] | The commute was getting to her. | 她通勤很不方便 |
[13:07] | – She’s from McKinney, right? – She is. | -她住在麦金尼市 对吗 -是的 |
[13:10] | That’s not 20 minutes from here. | 距这里还不到二十分钟 |
[13:13] | Are you saying she didn’t like me anymore? | 你是说她不再喜欢我了吗 |
[13:17] | Hardly possible. | 几乎不可能 |
[13:19] | That’s too bad. She was lovely. | 那太糟了 她人这么好 |
[13:21] | Still is, I imagine. Come on back. | 我想现在也是 到后面来吧 |
[13:23] | You’re operating at the Dallas Medical Center now? | 你现在在达拉斯医疗中心做手术吗 |
[13:26] | That’s right. You’re my first case. | 是的 你是我第一位患者 |
[13:27] | What happened to Baylor Plano? | 贝勒普莱诺医院怎么了 |
[13:29] | Great facilities there. | 那里的设施很棒 |
[13:31] | You know, | 知道吗 |
[13:32] | it is a very pretty building. | 那确实是幢漂亮的大楼 |
[13:35] | On the outside. | 从外观上看 |
[13:38] | I let my privileges lapse there, | 我任由自己的特权失效了 |
[13:40] | and I could go back any time I want, but… | 当然我想回去随时都可以 但是 |
[13:45] | Honestly, I just felt boxed in there. | 老实说 在那里我觉得束手束脚 |
[13:48] | They’re inefficient. | 他们效率不高 |
[13:50] | They’re living in the past, | 他们活在过去 |
[13:52] | and I am the future. | 而我是未来 |
[13:55] | It’s hard to be the future in a place with no vision. | 在一个没有远见的地方很难成为未来 |
[13:58] | I don’t suppose I could’ve been miraculously healed | 我想我不可能在过去三个月内 |
[14:01] | these past three months, could I? | 奇迹般地治愈这些 对吗 |
[14:05] | Disc is still very much herniated. | 椎间盘依然脱出严重 |
[14:10] | Still pushing on the L5. | 依然压迫着第五腰椎 |
[14:13] | In fact, unsurprisingly, | 实际上 不出意料 |
[14:15] | it is even more compressed. | 甚至压迫得更厉害了 |
[14:19] | So here’s what we’re gonna do: | 所以我们打算这样做 |
[14:20] | we’re gonna put you on your side, | 我们要让你侧卧 |
[14:22] | make a little incision, | 切个小口 |
[14:25] | and we’ll cut away a little bit of the bone, | 我们将切去一小点骨头 |
[14:27] | make a window, so we can see down into the nerves, | 做个窗口 这样我们就能看到底下的神经 |
[14:31] | push those to the side, | 把那些神经推到一边 |
[14:32] | and then that disc is just gonna… | 然后椎间盘就会 |
[14:35] | …pop out like a pimple. | 像粉刺一样被拔出来 |
[14:38] | Not the most delicate way to put it, I know, | 我知道这不是最恰当的说法 |
[14:39] | but it makes the point. | 但能让人理解 |
[14:41] | I am going to fix you. | 我会治好你 |
[14:44] | I know you will. | 我知道你会的 |
[14:45] | How in Pete’s name did that happen? | 你办公室怎么会有这种东西 |
[14:53] | Let’s just say my dancing days are done. | 这么说吧 我已经不再热舞了 |
[14:57] | I want to tell you both how much I appreciate | 我想告诉你们 我有多感激 |
[14:59] | you sticking with me as I move down from Baylor. | 我离开贝勒医院后 你们继续找我看病 |
[15:01] | There’s a lot of options out there. | 外面有很多可选择的医生 |
[15:02] | I don’t change horses midstream, Christopher. | 我不会中途换人 克里斯托弗 |
[15:05] | And like you said from the start, | 如同你一开始所说 |
[15:07] | you’re the best surgeon out there. | 你是最好的外科医师 |
[15:09] | How could I not? | 我怎么能不选呢 |
[15:11] | You are a keeper, Mrs. Keller. | 你真是个珍宝 凯勒太太 |
[15:12] | You holding up since last time? | 上次以后你还好吗 |
[15:17] | Last time? | 上次 |
[15:18] | Back in March, Rose was all hooked up, | 三月份 萝丝已经做好了准备 |
[15:22] | ready to go, and… | 准备去做手术 |
[15:24] | a patient you lost that day. | 那天你的一位患者死了 |
[15:27] | I–I didn’t lose anyone. | 我 我没让任何患者死去 |
[15:30] | – I thought they died… – Charlie, you’re being a bore. | -我以为他们死了 -查理 你好烦 |
[15:32] | I think trying to find out how a surgeon– | 我想知道一位外科医生怎么… |
[15:34] | It’s all right, Mrs. Keller. | 没事 凯勒太太 |
[15:36] | Mr. Keller’s right to ask. | 凯勒先生有权问 |
[15:39] | She did…die. | 她确实死了 |
[15:42] | She had an allergic reaction to the anesthesia, | 她麻药过敏 |
[15:45] | and I did everything I could to save her, but… | 我尽全力去抢救她 但是 |
[15:49] | well, the anesthesiologist made a mistake. | 麻醉师犯了个错误 |
[15:52] | Oh, my. Oh, poor thing. | 天啊 可怜的家伙 |
[15:54] | Yet another reason I chose to move on from . | 这是我选择离开贝勒医院的另一个原因 |
[15:57] | I found that their staff was underperforming. | 我发现他们的员工表现不佳 |
[15:59] | I hope they don’t have a job anymore. | 我希望没再让他们继续工作了 |
[16:01] | Well, we’re all human. | 我们都是凡人 |
[16:04] | We all make mistakes. | 我们都会犯错 |
[16:05] | It’s just that, in this line of work, | 只是在这个行业 |
[16:07] | the consequences of those mistakes | 那些错误的后果 |
[16:09] | are simply more consequential. | 会更严重 |
[16:10] | But not you. | 但你不是 |
[16:12] | No mistakes. | 你没犯过错 |
[16:15] | No, ma’am, not me. | 没错 女士 我不是 |
[16:19] | Well, I will see you both at Dallas Medical. | 我们达拉斯医疗中心见吧 |
[16:22] | I’ll have you up and doing cartwheels in no time. | 我会很快让你站起来做侧手翻 |
[16:25] | You know, you ever see Dr. Morgan, | 你见到摩根医生时 |
[16:28] | you tell her we send our best. | 告诉她我们向她问好 |
[16:36] | 12 dead. | 死了12个 |
[16:37] | Fucked up world we live in, | 我们生活的世界一团糟 |
[16:39] | when a movie theater becomes a gun range. | 电影院变成了射击场 |
[16:41] | Olympic torch arrived in London this weekend. | 奥运火炬这周抵达伦敦 |
[16:44] | 8,000 people carried it 8,000 miles. | 八千人带着火炬跑了八千英里 |
[16:47] | That’s pretty encouraging, isn’t it? | 这很振奋人心 对吧 |
[16:49] | Now a whole bunch of ’em are profiteering. | 现在只是一群牟取暴利的人 |
[16:51] | They’re selling their torches online for, like, | 他们在网上以数千美元的高价 |
[16:53] | thousands of dollars. | 售卖他们的火炬 |
[16:55] | People, man. | 这就是人 伙计 |
[16:59] | You need to stop reading the news. | 你别再看那些新闻了 |
[17:01] | It’s bad for you. | 对你不好 |
[17:09] | What’s the word, Mrs. Keller? | 你觉得怎么样 凯勒太太 |
[17:11] | Ready to go. | 已准备好手术 |
[17:12] | First thing you’re gonna do when you’re out of here, ma’am? | 出院后你首先要做什么 女士 |
[17:15] | Walk into school without tears in my eyes. | 走进学校时 眼中不再含泪 |
[17:17] | Shoot for the stars, hit the moon, right, ma’am? | 瞄准星星 至少能射中月亮 对吗 女士 |
[17:20] | I leave myself in God’s and Dr. Duntsch’s hands. | 我把自己交给上帝和邓奇医生 |
[17:24] | Stiff competition. | 好激烈的竞争 |
[17:27] | Dr. Duntsch. | 邓奇医生 |
[17:29] | I’m Josh Baker. | 我叫乔什·贝克 |
[17:30] | I’ll be your circulating nurse, sir. | 是你的巡回护士 先生 |
[17:36] | You come from Baylor? | 你是贝勒医院的吗 |
[17:37] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[17:46] | Got a hole in your scrubs, sir. | 你的手术服上有个洞 先生 |
[17:51] | You’re the circulating nurse, you said. | 你刚说你是巡回护士 |
[17:53] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[17:54] | Shouldn’t you be prepping my OR? | 你不该去准备我的手术室吗 |
[17:58] | Absolutely, sir. | 当然 先生 |
[17:59] | Mrs. Keller, I’ll see you on the other side. | 凯勒太太 手术室见 |
[18:05] | Now, | 现在 |
[18:06] | let’s get you up and doing those cartwheels. | 让我们帮你站起来做侧手翻吧 |
[19:03] | Morning. I’m Dr. Christopher Duntsch. | 早上好 我是克里斯托弗·邓奇医生 |
[19:06] | Today, we’re gonna be operating on Rose Keller, | 今天 我们要对萝丝·凯勒做手术 |
[19:08] | age 72. | 年龄72岁 |
[19:10] | The patient presented with severe back pain | 病人主诉严重背痛 |
[19:11] | diagnosed as a herniated disc. | 诊断结果为椎间盘突出 |
[19:14] | We will be performing a lateral lumbar fusion. | 我们将进行外侧腰椎融合术 |
[19:17] | We’re gonna open a window between the ribs and the iliac crest, | 我们要在肋骨和髂嵴之间打开一个窗口 |
[19:20] | make a small incision into the flank muscles. | 在侧翼肌处做一个小的切口 |
[19:22] | The peritoneum will be reflected anteriorly | 腹膜的前端会形成反射 |
[19:25] | to expose the psoas. | 暴露腰肌 |
[19:27] | Once in, we will remove the L4-5 disc | 一旦进入 我们会移除第四和第五节椎间盘 |
[19:30] | and replace it with a 12 by 50 by 10-degree cage. | 用尺寸为12*50*10的椎间融合器作为替代 |
[19:34] | As I hope you all know, | 希望你们都明白 |
[19:36] | it is important we are in and out | 我们在病人体内的操作 |
[19:37] | with as little fanfare as possible. | 越不大张旗鼓越好 |
[19:39] | So mouths shut, ears open. | 所以 少说多听 |
[19:44] | Let’s begin. | 开始吧 |
[20:01] | How much longer? | 还要多长时间 |
[20:14] | The family was expecting an update, sir. | 家属在等手术的最新进展 先生 |
[20:19] | Two hours ago. | 那是两小时前的事了 |
[20:55] | Done. | 好了 |
[20:57] | Have them close her up. | 让他们给她缝合吧 |
[21:08] | – Morning, ma’am. – Afternoon, Josh. | -早上好 女士 -下午好 乔什 |
[21:10] | Hey, Josh, how did it go this morning? | 对了 乔什 今早的进展如何 |
[21:13] | How did what go, ma’am? | 什么进展如何 女士 |
[21:14] | Rose Keller’s surgery with Dr. Duntsch. | 邓奇医生主刀的萝丝·凯勒手术 |
[21:19] | I think it went okay. | 我觉得进展不错 |
[21:22] | You “Think” okay? | 只是觉得 是吗 |
[21:24] | No, I don’t mean that. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[21:26] | Seems like it went well. | 看上去一切顺利 |
[21:27] | Just took a little longer than usual, you know? | 只是比平常耗时长了一点 |
[21:30] | What’s a little longer? | 长了多久 |
[21:31] | About four hours. | 大约四个小时 |
[21:32] | Four hours for a lateral fusion? | 一场外侧腰椎融合术延长了四个小时 |
[21:38] | First day at a new hospital, | 在新医院工作的第一天 |
[21:40] | new system. | 新的系统 |
[21:41] | My guess is he was crossing T’s, dotting I’s, ma’am. | 要我猜 他是有意要谨小慎微些 |
[21:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:55] | Is now a good time? | 现在聊两句合适吗 |
[21:58] | You pay the bills, Ms. Deleone. | 当然 你是老板 德利昂女士 |
[22:01] | What are you reading? | 你在看什么 |
[22:02] | Working on a cure for glioblastoma. | 想要找到治愈胶质母细胞瘤的方法 |
[22:05] | is that all? | 就凭这本书吗 |
[22:06] | I’ve been studying it since med school. | 我从医学院时期起就在研究这个问题 |
[22:08] | Trying to find a new way in with stem cells. | 想要从干细胞着手找到一条新途径 |
[22:10] | That’s admirable, ambitious. | 这相当令人钦佩 也很有野心 |
[22:13] | Well, I don’t think it’s as complicated | 我不觉得这像其他人 |
[22:15] | as everybody makes it out to be. | 说的那么复杂 |
[22:16] | You don’t think utilizing stem cells | 你不认为用干细胞 |
[22:18] | to cure one of the deadliest forms of cancer | 治愈世界上致死率最高之一的癌症 |
[22:20] | is complicated? | 很复杂吗 |
[22:22] | Quite self-assured, are we? | 相当自信 对吧 |
[22:25] | Are you not? | 你不吗 |
[22:29] | I’m a realist. | 我是个现实主义者 |
[22:30] | Well, you gotta believe you can beat death. | 你得相信你能战胜死亡 |
[22:32] | Otherwise, what’s the point of doing what we do? | 不然 做我们这行还有什么意义呢 |
[22:35] | Well… | 好吧 |
[22:38] | – How was surgery? – Perfect. | -手术如何 -完美 |
[22:41] | Perfect? Excellent. | 完美 好极了 |
[22:43] | I heard it went a little long. | 我听说耗时有点长 |
[22:46] | You heard? | 你听说 |
[22:48] | I did. | 没错 |
[22:50] | A little long? | 有点长 |
[22:54] | Do you mind if I ask who you heard that from? | 我能问问你是从谁那里听说的吗 |
[22:57] | There’s no need to name names, Dr. Duntsch– | 没必要去指名道姓 邓奇医生 |
[22:58] | I’m just not used to people talking shit about me. | 我只是不习惯于别人在背后说我坏话 |
[23:00] | No one’s talking shit about you. | 没人在说你坏话 |
[23:02] | Unless, of course, it’s to my face, | 除非 当然 当着我面说 |
[23:03] | which I encourage. | 那我相当鼓励 |
[23:05] | As the chief executive here– | 作为这里的主管 |
[23:06] | It was that suck-ass circulating nurse, wasn’t it? | 是那个马屁精巡回护士 对吗 |
[23:08] | I asked how they thought the procedure went, | 我问他们觉得进程如何 |
[23:10] | and they reported that it went a little long. | 他们报告说耗时有点长 |
[23:11] | I hope that you and I are going to have a long | 我希望能和你有长期共事的 |
[23:13] | – working relationship, Jill. – Me too– | -合作关系 吉尔 -我也是 |
[23:15] | As I line your pockets with millions of dollars… | 当我往你的口袋里大把大把的装钱时 |
[23:17] | – Not my pockets– – …that you will come to trust me. | -不是我的口袋 -我希望你能信任我 |
[23:20] | If I didn’t trust you, I wouldn’t have hired you. | 如果我不信任你 一开始就不会雇用你 |
[23:25] | It went exactly as long as it was supposed to | 为了把手术做好 |
[23:27] | in order to get it done right. | 所花费的时间完全正好 |
[23:29] | So there were no complications? | 所以没有出现并发症 |
[23:32] | I don’t have complications. | 我没有并发症 |
[23:35] | Every doctor has complications. | 每个医生都会遇到并发症 |
[23:37] | Not me. | 我不会 |
[23:44] | Okay, then. | 好吧 |
[23:46] | It’s good to have you aboard. | 很高兴你加入我们 |
[23:51] | We should grab a bite sometime. | 我们应该找时间一起吃饭 |
[23:53] | I’ll bore you with my biography. | 我可以讲讲我无聊的人生 |
[23:55] | I’d like that. | 那很不错 |
[23:57] | – Do me a favor? – Of course. | -能帮我个忙吗 -当然 |
[23:59] | Make sure that door shuts behind you on the way out. | 出门的时候确保把门带上 |
[25:29] | Are you the one going under the knife? | 是你要挨刀子动手术吗 |
[25:32] | Okay, so let’s just buck up, | 行了 振作一点 |
[25:35] | or I’m gonna make you wait in the car. | 不然我就要让你在车里等了 |
[25:50] | – Dr. Duntsch! – Yes? | -邓奇医生 -什么事 |
[25:52] | I’m Earl… | 我是厄尔 |
[25:55] | Burke. | 伯克 |
[25:57] | Dorothy Burke’s husband, Earl. | 桃乐西·伯克的丈夫 厄尔 |
[25:58] | So how we looking? | 情况怎么样 |
[26:00] | Well, I’m running a little behind | 我的进度有些落后 |
[26:02] | but other than that, good. | 但除此之外 一切都好 |
[26:04] | So you feel good about it? | 所以你觉得没问题 对吗 |
[26:09] | What’s on your mind, Earl? | 你有什么想法 厄尔 |
[26:12] | I, uh… | 我 |
[26:15] | I almost turned around this morning. | 今天早上我差点掉头离开 |
[26:18] | I almost took Dorothy home. | 差点就要把桃乐西带回家 |
[26:21] | And why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[26:23] | I just had this feeling that– | 我只是有种感觉 |
[26:26] | I’m a surgeon, Earl. | 我是个外科医生 厄尔 |
[26:29] | This is what I do. | 我就是干这行的 |
[26:30] | I attended one of the top universities in the nation. | 我就读了国内最顶尖的大学之一 |
[26:33] | And granted, it’s no Harvard, but fuck Harvard, am I right? | 的确 那不是哈佛 但去他的哈佛 对吗 |
[26:37] | I got an MD and a PhD in molecular biology. | 我在分子生物学领域取得了博士和医学博士学位 |
[26:39] | I did my residency at the University of Tennessee, | 我在田纳西大学做了住院医师实习 |
[26:42] | where I studied general surgery for a year | 在那里我学了一年的普通外科 |
[26:43] | and neurosurgery for five. | 以及五年的神经外科 |
[26:45] | I run two successful labs. | 我管理着两间成功的实验室 |
[26:46] | I’ve raised millions of dollars in grants. | 募集了数以百万计的补助金 |
[26:48] | And I can go on and give you all of my citations and awards– | 我还能接着把所有表彰和奖项全都说给你听 |
[26:51] | You don’t need to do that. | 你不用这样做 |
[26:52] | I just want to remind you that your wife of– | 我只是想提醒你 你的妻子 |
[26:56] | how long have you guys been together? | 你们在一起多少年了 |
[26:59] | 46 years. | 46年了 |
[27:01] | Your wife of 46 years is prepped and ready | 与你相伴了46年的妻子此刻做好了准备 |
[27:03] | on my table right now. | 躺在我的手术台上 |
[27:06] | And look, some people might say that what I just did was crass, | 听着 有人可能会说我的做法冷酷愚蠢 |
[27:10] | but the way I see it, | 但在我看来 |
[27:11] | you’re gonna go back into that waiting room, | 你应该回到那间等候室 |
[27:13] | and you’re not just gonna flip through your “People,” | 而且你不会只是匆匆翻阅《人物》 |
[27:15] | or “Us Weekly,” Or “Field and Stream.” | 或者是《美国周刊》《户外运动》 |
[27:18] | You’re gonna read it, because you know | 你能安心读下去 因为你知道 |
[27:21] | that I am gonna grant her a second life. | 我会让她重获新生 |
[27:28] | So… | 先告辞了 |
[28:14] | Need more sponges. | 多拿纱布 |
[28:19] | There’s too much blood in the field. | 视线里出血太多 |
[28:21] | I can’t see anything. More suction. | 我看不到 继续抽吸 |
[28:23] | Suction. | 抽吸 |
[28:27] | Suture. | 缝线 |
[28:33] | This isn’t right. | 这不对劲 |
[28:34] | No, it isn’t. We gotta run the stat H and H. | 确实 得立刻检查血红蛋白和血细胞比容 |
[28:37] | You need to say something. | 你得说句话 |
[28:48] | Oh, shit. | 糟了 |
[29:00] | Should we start the cell saver, Doctor? | 我们要启动自体血液回收机吗 医生 |
[29:01] | Focus on your job. | 干好你自己的活 |
[29:05] | There’s a lot of bleeding, Doctor. | 目前有大量出血 医生 |
[29:07] | We should get an A-line kit, | 我们得准备外周中心静脉包 |
[29:09] | 14-gauge IV, blood warmer. | 14号静脉内注射 血液加温器 |
[29:11] | Maybe give ICU a heads-up? | 或许跟重症监护室打声招呼 |
[29:15] | We gotta get this under control, Doctor. | 我们得控制住局面 医生 |
[29:17] | “We”? | 我们 |
[29:18] | You mean, me. | 你指的是我 |
[29:19] | I need to get this under control. | 是我要控制住局面 |
[29:21] | Yes, Doctor, you need to get this under control. | 对 医生 你要控制住这个局面 |
[29:24] | Perhaps, we bring in vascular. | 或许我们该让血管外科来 |
[29:25] | What’s vascular gonna do | 连血压都控制不住 |
[29:26] | when you can’t get the blood pressure under control? | 让血管外科来干什么 |
[29:28] | This is not an issue with the blood pressure. | 这不是血压的问题 |
[29:30] | Well, why don’t we start there, shall we? | 那我们就从控制血压开始 好吗 |
[29:34] | I see the disc. Retract. | 我看见椎间盘了 牵引器 |
[29:40] | I’ve got it. | 好了 |
[30:48] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[30:50] | You called? | 你打电话叫的我 |
[30:57] | You didn’t have to come right away. | 你不用第一时间过来 |
[30:59] | It sounded like you needed me, Chris. | 你听着像是需要我 克里斯 |
[31:01] | I just needed to talk to my dad. | 我只是要跟老爸说说话 |
[31:04] | It’s no emergency. No big deal. | 不是紧急情况 没什么大不了 |
[31:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:10] | So I suppose I should just turn around | 那我该转身回去 |
[31:12] | – and go back to Colorado then? – No, no, no. | -回科罗拉多州吗 -不是 哪有 |
[31:13] | No. Come on. Come on in. | 进来 快进来吧 |
[31:27] | Because I used to work for a Russian. | 因为我以前的老板是俄罗斯人 |
[31:29] | You know better than that, Chris. | 你应该了解我 克里斯 |
[31:31] | I don’t think he cares if you have a drink. | 我觉得祂不会在乎你喝杯酒 |
[31:34] | Particularly given his affinity for wine. | 尤其考虑到祂对葡萄酒的喜爱 |
[31:36] | That’s cute. | 耍小聪明 |
[31:38] | Come on, Dad. Don’t be like that. | 拜托 老爸 别那样 |
[31:41] | I’m kidding! | 我开玩笑的 |
[31:46] | So how’s the physical therapy business treating you? | 理疗生意怎么样了 |
[31:48] | That’s not why I’m here, Chris, | 我过来不是为了这个 克里斯 |
[31:50] | in the middle of the night, to talk small talk. | 我大半夜过来不是为了闲聊 |
[31:52] | – Dad, for Christ’s sake. – Watch your mouth, please. | -爸 看在上帝的份上 -请注意用词 |
[31:57] | For heck’s sake, Dad. Is that better? | 看在老天的份上 老爸 行了吗 |
[32:01] | Physical therapy’s going well. | 理疗生意不错 |
[32:03] | And your mother’s well, and your brothers are well, | 你母亲身体很好 兄弟们也很好 |
[32:05] | and the roof needs to be replaced, | 该换屋顶了 |
[32:08] | and the dog’s getting old. | 狗上年纪了 |
[32:09] | He’s got a bit of a limp, okay? | 有点瘸 行了吗 |
[32:13] | Now what’s going on? You need money? | 出什么事了 你需要钱吗 |
[32:18] | – What? No. – Okay, so what’s happening? | -什么 当然不 -好吧 那出什么事了 |
[32:20] | Nothing. I shouldn’t have called. | 没事 我就不该打电话 |
[32:22] | No, I’m glad you did. | 不 你打电话让我很欣慰 |
[32:23] | – Of course, you should have called. – Look, Dad, I got this, okay? | -你当然该打电话 -听着 爸 一切都好 |
[32:26] | I’m the top of the fucking food chain. | 我站在食物链顶端 |
[32:28] | – You’re top of what? – Top of the world. | -你站在哪 -世界之巅 |
[32:30] | Top of the game, top of the morning, | 我是行业顶级 一日之计在于我 |
[32:31] | top of whatever the fuck it is I’m supposed to be the top of. | 总之我登顶了该登顶的一切 |
[32:33] | – Who are you talking to? – You. | -你在跟谁说话 -你 |
[32:34] | – Who are you showing off for? – I’m not showing off. | -你在跟谁显摆 -我没在显摆 |
[32:36] | It sounds like you’re showing off, Chris. | 听着像是你在显摆 克里斯 |
[32:37] | I’m just saying that tomorrow is another day | 我只想说明天又是新的一天 |
[32:41] | to prove how fucking good I am. | 又将证明我的优秀 |
[32:46] | That ego. | 你太自负了 |
[32:47] | – It’s confidence. – It’s ego. | -这叫自信 -这是自负 |
[32:49] | Your mother instilled it in you. | 你母亲给你灌输的 |
[32:50] | It’s confidence, okay? | 这是自信 好吗 |
[32:51] | And I thought that’s what parents were supposed to do. | 而且我以为父母就该那么做 |
[32:53] | When did that become a sin? | 那什么时候成了罪过 |
[32:54] | – Pride is a sin. – To you. | -骄傲是罪过 -那是对你来说 |
[32:57] | You remember the story of Nebuchadnezzer, right? | 你还记得尼布甲尼撒二世的故事吧 |
[32:59] | The king of Babylon? | 巴比伦王 |
[33:00] | He was the most powerful king | 他统领世上最强大的国度 |
[33:01] | in the most powerful nation on Earth, | 他是最强大的王 |
[33:03] | but he was prideful. | 但他太骄傲了 |
[33:04] | He boasted– | 他吹嘘道… |
[33:05] | Well, good thing there is no god. | 好在世上没有上帝 |
[33:12] | Pride comes before the fall, Christopher. | 骄傲后便是失败 克里斯托弗 |
[33:20] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[33:23] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[33:25] | Wait a minute. Let’s sit down and talk, okay? | 等等 我们坐下来谈谈 好吗 |
[33:26] | The pillows and blankets are in the hall closet, | 枕头和毯子在大厅壁橱里 |
[33:28] | and feel free to make yourself whatever you like for breakfast. | 早餐你可以做任何想吃的东西 |
[33:30] | Wait a minute. How’s Wendy doing? | 等等 温蒂怎么样了 |
[33:32] | – Does she need anything? – Oh, she’s great. | -她需要什么吗 -她好得很 |
[33:35] | And what about Mason? How’s my grandson doing? | 还有梅森呢 我的孙子怎么样 |
[33:38] | Thanks for coming, Dad. | 多谢你过来 老爸 |
[33:39] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[34:37] | Get the fuck off my street! | 给我滚远点 |
[34:40] | Kim. Kim. | 金 金 |
[34:42] | I know you asked for some space– | 我知道你想要空间 |
[34:43] | I court-ordered space! | 是法庭判你离我远点 |
[34:45] | Kim, the clinic needs you. | 金 门诊需要你 |
[34:49] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[34:51] | – I’m done here. – Kim. No, come on! | -我受够了 -金 别这样 拜托 |
[34:53] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[34:54] | I am surrounded by fucking idiots. | 我周围的人都是白痴 |
[34:56] | My staff, the hospitals– | 员工 那些医院 |
[34:58] | they nearly lost a patient today. | 今天他们差点失去了一名患者 |
[35:00] | They nearly fucking killed her! | 他们差点弄死了她 |
[35:01] | And, of course, I’m the one left holding the shit | 当然 最后是我承担一切 |
[35:03] | because of some stupid fucking X-ray tech. | 就因为某个白痴X光射线技师 |
[35:05] | It’s just unbelievable. | 简直难以置信 |
[35:09] | You’re still operating? | 你还在给人动手术吗 |
[35:12] | Of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be? | 当然 为什么不会 |
[35:16] | After what you did. | 你都做了那种事 |
[35:19] | What I did? | 我做了什么 |
[35:20] | To your patients. | 对你的患者 |
[35:24] | To Jerry– | 对杰瑞 |
[35:24] | Don’t you dare! | 你敢再说 |
[35:28] | You ought to be ashamed of yourself | 你应该为自己觉得羞耻 |
[35:30] | for walking out on your patients, | 抛弃了自己的患者 |
[35:31] | your responsibilities. | 自己的责任 |
[35:32] | This is as much on you as it is on me– | 这些事的责任 你和我一样多 |
[35:34] | more, because I didn’t abandon them. | 你的责任更多 因为我没有抛弃患者 |
[35:38] | The worst part about all this is… | 所有这一切中 最不公平的是 |
[35:42] | you don’t have to go under your knife | 你不能给自己开刀 |
[35:43] | or into your bed to get fucked by you. | 或上你的床 被你糟蹋 |
[35:49] | Come back here again, | 你敢再来这里 |
[35:51] | and you’re going to jail. | 就等着进监狱吧 |
[36:00] | Kim! | 金 |
[36:39] | This is Josh. | 我是乔什 |
[36:44] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[36:46] | Did you call Dr. Duntsch? | 你联系邓奇医生了吗 |
[37:14] | Dr. Duntsch! | 邓奇医生 |
[37:18] | Dr. Duntsch! | 邓奇医生 |
[37:20] | What? | 什么事 |
[37:23] | Dorothy Burke. | 桃乐西·伯克 |
[37:24] | She’s unresponsive, can’t palpitate. | 她没有反应 没有心悸 |
[37:26] | Blood pressure’s in the basement. | 血压低的离谱 |
[37:28] | Nurses have been trying to reach you all morning. | 护士们找了你一早上 |
[37:32] | Shit. | 该死 |
[37:38] | – Was it you? – Sir? | -是你吗 -先生 |
[37:39] | Cut the “Sir” Crap. | 别喊我先生 |
[37:40] | Were you the one talking shit to Deleone? | 是你在跟德利昂说我的坏话吗 |
[37:42] | About? | 关于什么 |
[37:43] | About how long it took me to operate on Rose Keller. | 关于我给萝丝·凯勒做手术时花了多长时间 |
[37:46] | And how is Mrs. Keller, by the way? | 说到这 凯勒太太怎么了 |
[37:48] | – Have you checked in on her? – She’s doing well. | -你去检查她了吗 -她很好 |
[37:50] | – How well? – That’s not the point. | -有多好 -这不是重点 |
[37:52] | No, Nurse, that is the point. | 不 护士 那就是重点 |
[37:54] | You have no clue what it takes to do what I do. | 你完全不知道干我的工作有多辛苦 |
[37:57] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[37:57] | So why don’t you shut your mouth | 所以不如你闭上嘴 |
[37:59] | and do your fucking job? | 干好自己的活 |
[38:02] | Is my OR prepped for the Madeline Beyer surgery? | 玛德琳·贝尔的手术室准备好了吗 |
[38:05] | The Madeline Beyer surgery is elective. | 玛德琳·贝尔的手术是可选手术 |
[38:07] | And she elected to do it today. | 然后她选择今天做 |
[38:10] | Is my OR prepped? | 我的手术室准备好了吗 |
[38:11] | Let’s push it off, focus on Dorothy Burke– | 我们先推迟吧 注重桃乐西·伯克 |
[38:12] | – That’s not what I asked. – I understand what you asked. | -那不是我的要求 -我知道你的要求 |
[38:14] | – I don’t think that you do. – It’s not fully prepped, sir. | -我觉得你不知道 -还没准备好 先生 |
[38:17] | Go prep my OR. | 那就去准备我的手术室 |
[38:35] | We’re trying to make sense of it ourselves. | 我们想搞清楚 |
[38:37] | That’s why we’re calling you, Dr. Skadden. | 所以给你打电话 斯卡顿医生 |
[38:39] | Well, why don’t we begin with your experience | 不如我们先说说你在孟菲斯时 |
[38:41] | with Dr. Duntsch in Memphis. | 与邓奇医生的合作经历吧 |
[38:42] | You’re the head of the fellowship program at Semmes Murphy? | 你是塞姆斯·墨菲医院研究项目的主管吗 |
[38:45] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[38:46] | Were there any issues while he was there? | 他在那里时有什么问题吗 |
[38:48] | What kind of issues? | 什么样的问题 |
[38:49] | – Come on, man! – Dr. Kirby– | -拜托 老兄 -科比医生 |
[38:50] | No, no, no. I mean, come on, performance issues. | 不不 我是说 拜托 当然是工作表现问题 |
[38:52] | What other kinds of issues are there? | 还有什么其他问题 |
[38:54] | Personality, safety, compliance, productivity– | 个性 安全 遵纪 效率 |
[38:57] | – Performance. – That’s what I said. | -工作表现 -我刚说了 |
[38:58] | Fact, Duntsch is better suited for a slaughterhouse | 这是事实 邓奇更适合待在屠宰场 |
[39:01] | than he is a surgical unit. | 而不是手术室 |
[39:02] | Would you agree? | 你同意吗 |
[39:03] | That’s most certainly not how I’d describe Dr. Duntsch. | 我绝不会这么描述邓奇医生 |
[39:06] | How would you describe him? | 那你会怎么描述 |
[39:07] | He was satisfactory. | 他很令人满意 |
[39:09] | His work ethic was second-to-none. | 他的职业道德无人能及 |
[39:10] | Well, Ted Bundy was a good worker too. | 连环杀手泰德·邦迪也是个好员工 |
[39:12] | Dr. Kirby, please. | 科比医生 拜托 |
[39:13] | Do you mind if I take over from here? | 你介意之后我来说吗 |
[39:15] | I don’t know what good it’s gonna do you. | 我不知道这对你有什么好处 |
[39:16] | Let’s give it a try. | 我们试试吧 |
[39:18] | Have at it. | 来吧 |
[39:23] | Hello? | 喂 |
[39:25] | Sorry about that, Dr. Skadden. | 很抱歉 斯卡顿医生 |
[39:27] | We’d like to fax you a picture of Dr. Duntsch. | 我们想给你传真一张邓奇医生的照片 |
[39:31] | To what end? | 为什么 |
[39:31] | To ensure that the surgeon in question is | 确保我们询问的医生 |
[39:33] | the same surgeon you know. | 与你认识的是同一人 |
[39:35] | We’re concerned that this person | 我们担心此人 |
[39:38] | stole your Duntsch’s identity. | 偷了你家邓奇的身份 |
[39:40] | He’s not my Duntsch. | 他不是我的邓奇 |
[39:42] | Because if he’s not an imposter, he’s either… | 因为如果他不是冒牌货 那他要不 |
[39:44] | Numb-nuts. | 麻木的疯子 |
[39:45] | …the most incompetent surgeon I’ve ever crossed paths with | 是我见过最无能的外科医生 |
[39:48] | and never should have been let out of medical school, | 而且绝不该从医学院毕业 |
[39:50] | or he’s… | 或他是.. |
[39:53] | a sociopath. | 反社会者 |
[39:55] | And he’s doing all of this on purpose. | 而且他做的一切都是故意的 |
[40:26] | What’s the word, Mrs. Beyer? | 怎么说 贝尔太太 |
[41:14] | How is Mrs. Burke? | 伯克太太怎么样了 |
[41:16] | Wednesday, July 25, 2012. | 2012年7月25日星期三 |
[41:20] | Patient is Madeline Beyer. | 患者玛德琳·贝尔 |
[41:22] | We’ll be performing a spinal fusion. | 今天的手术是脊柱融合术 |
[41:27] | Dr. Henderson. | 亨德森医生 |
[41:28] | Yes, this is Dr. Skadden calling you back. | 对 我是斯卡顿医生 给你回电 |
[41:31] | It’s Skadden. | 是斯卡顿 |
[41:32] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[41:33] | I reviewed the photo you faxed over. | 我看了你们传真过来的照片 |
[41:36] | And? | 然后呢 |
[41:40] | That is Dr. Christopher Duntsch. | 那就是克里斯托弗·邓奇 |
[41:45] | Did you know? | 你之前知道吗 |
[41:47] | Know? | 知道什么 |
[41:48] | Did you know what he was capable of? | 他有什么能耐 |
[41:51] | No. | 不知道 |
[41:56] | Scalpel. | 手术刀 |
[42:15] | We have just recruited a rising star. | 我们刚雇佣了一位冉冉新星 |
[42:18] | And I am the future. | 我就是未来 |
[42:20] | You’ve studied under some of the best surgeons in the world. | 你师从世界上最一流的外科医生 |
[42:22] | I checked all his reviews online. | 我看了他网上的评价 |
[42:24] | Everyone loves him. | 大家都爱他 |
[42:27] | What did he do to her? | 他对她做了什么 |
[42:29] | He’s closing in on two dozen botched surgeries. | 他快搞砸二十多起手术了 |
[42:32] | He keeps getting these surgical outcomes | 他的手术总是不成功 |
[42:33] | because he’s either doing it on purpose, or he just sucks. | 因为他要不就是故意为之 或他技术非常差 |
[42:35] | The question isn’t why he did it. | 问题不是他为什么这么干 |
[42:37] | It’s how he got away with it. | 而是他怎么逃脱惩罚 |
[42:39] | You’re prepared to file a formal complaint? | 你们打算正式投诉吗 |
[42:41] | You’re the one who turned me in to the Texas Medical Board. | 是你向得州医委会告发了我 |
[42:45] | I am. | 是我 |
[42:48] | I know you’re a fraud. You can’t even keep a job. | 我知道你是个冒牌货 你都保不住工作 |
[42:51] | I’m trying to get a picture of who he is, | 我想了解他是谁 |
[42:53] | why he is. | 为何会这样 |
[42:54] | My patients mean everything to me. | 我的患者对我来说就是一切 |
[42:57] | Was he doing it on purpose? | 他是故意的吗 |
[42:58] | If we’re gonna do this, we got to be all-in. | 如果我们要做 就要全情投入 |
[43:01] | We’ve got one chance to get this indictment. | 我们只有一次起诉的机会 |
[43:03] | How are we gonna prove intent? | 我们要怎么证明意图 |
[43:06] | Duntsch is never gonna stop. | 邓奇绝不会停手 |
[43:08] | He’s never gonna stop on his own. | 他绝不会主动停手 |