时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I brought you here tonight to sign a petition | 我今晚让你们来此签下一则请愿 |
[00:03] | so we can try to bring an end to this nightmare. | 这样我们可以尝试结束这场噩梦 |
[00:07] | I think a lot about being a doctor again. | 我一直在考虑重新成为医生的事 |
[00:10] | A way to make amends for the pain | 一种弥补我们对别人 |
[00:12] | that we have caused others is to give back. | 所造成的伤害的方式是回馈 |
[00:16] | You need to get to a hospital immediately. | 你得马上去医院 |
[00:19] | Fuck off. | 滚 |
[00:20] | Come to New Orleans. I’ll be the regional manager. | 去新奥尔良吧 我是区域经理 |
[00:24] | We’ll make a fortune there. | 我们会在那里赚大钱的 |
[00:25] | A black box label indicates the drug is | 黑框警告标签说明药品 |
[00:28] | much more dangerous. | 要危险许多 |
[00:29] | Absolutely not. | 当然不是 |
[00:32] | I don’t believe you will find support at Main Justice | 我不认为你能得到司法部 |
[00:35] | for felony charges against these individuals. | 对这些人的重罪起诉的支持 |
[00:38] | Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen. | 抱歉 女士们 先生们 |
[00:39] | After careful consideration, | 经过认真考虑 |
[00:40] | I have decided to indict Michael Friedman, | 我决定以重罪起诉迈克尔·弗里德曼 |
[00:42] | Paul Goldenheim, and Howard Udell on felony charges. | 保罗·戈登海姆和霍华德·乌代尔 |
[00:45] | I’m starting Suboxone tomorrow. | 我明天开始服用苏博酮 |
[00:47] | Give me one hell of a send off. | 给我最后一剂作为告别 |
[00:48] | Got it. | 没问题 |
[00:50] | Betsy’s in heaven now. | 贝琪现在在天堂 |
[01:35] | – Shame on Sackler! – Shame on Sackler! | -无耻之徒赛克勒 -无耻之徒赛克勒 |
[01:38] | – Shame on Sackler! – Shame on Sackler! | -无耻之徒赛克勒 -无耻之徒赛克勒 |
[01:41] | – Take down their name! – Take down their name! | -除名赛克勒 -除名赛克勒 |
[01:44] | – Take down their name! – Take down their name! | -除名赛克勒 -除名赛克勒 |
[01:48] | – No longer! – No longer! | -绝不再 -绝不再 |
[01:50] | – No longer. – No longer! | -绝不再 -绝不再 |
[01:52] | – No longer! – No longer! | -绝不再 -绝不再 |
[01:54] | 400,000 dead, 400,000 dead, | 害死40万人 害死40万人 |
[01:58] | 400,000… | 40万… |
[02:00] | Sacklers lie, people die! | 赛克勒家族说谎 人们死亡 |
[02:02] | Sacklers lie, people die! | 赛克勒家族说谎 人们死亡 |
[02:05] | Sacklers lie, people die! | 赛克勒家族说谎 人们死亡 |
[02:13] | – Shame on Sackler! – Shame on Sackler! | -无耻之徒赛克勒 -无耻之徒赛克勒 |
[02:16] | – Shame on Sackler! – Shame on Sackler! | -无耻之徒赛克勒 -无耻之徒赛克勒 |
[02:19] | – Shame on Sackler! – Shame on Sackler! | -无耻之徒赛克勒 -无耻之徒赛克勒 |
[02:22] | – Shame on Sackler! – Shame on Sackler! | -无耻之徒赛克勒 -无耻之徒赛克勒 |
[02:26] | – Shame on Sackler! – Shame on Sackler! | -无耻之徒赛克勒 -无耻之徒赛克勒 |
[02:31] | Your record since the plea deal continues | 你在签认罪协议之后 |
[02:32] | to be clean, which is good. | 一直没犯事 这很好 |
[02:34] | You also continue to pass your drug tests, also good. | 你也持续通过了毒品检测 这也很好 |
[02:38] | You’re on path to complete your probation | 三个月后 |
[02:41] | in three months’ time. | 你就将结束缓刑期 |
[02:43] | Have you thought about what you’ll do then? | 你想过之后的打算吗 |
[02:45] | Well, I really want to get my medical license back, | 我真的很想再次取得医师执照 |
[02:49] | but I can’t do that as long as I’m on Suboxone. | 但因为我还在服用苏博酮 所以不行 |
[02:53] | How long do you think you’ll be on the MAT for? | 你觉得自己还需要多久的药物辅助治疗 |
[02:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:59] | I’m afraid I’ll relapse if I stop. | 我害怕如果我停下 就会复吸 |
[03:02] | If you choose to stay on the MAT, | 如果你选择继续进行药物辅助治疗 |
[03:05] | you need to consider a profession | 你就需要考虑 |
[03:06] | that doesn’t require a medical license. | 一份不需要医师执照的职业 |
[03:11] | Yeah, okay. | 是的 好吧 |
[03:24] | Hey, Elizabeth Ann. | 你好 伊丽莎白·安 |
[03:27] | How you doing? What … | 你好啊 你… |
[03:29] | what are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[03:32] | Same as you, Doc. | 和你一样 医生 |
[03:36] | You had enough to eat, enough sleep? | 你吃够睡够了吗 |
[03:37] | – You don’t? – Can you just leave me alone? | -你有没有… -能不能别管我 |
[03:43] | Hey, you. | 你 |
[03:47] | What if I wait outside for you? | 我在外面等你好吗 |
[03:49] | When you’re done in here, I’ll take you to lunch. | 你结束后 我带你去吃午饭 |
[03:51] | We’ll visit a little bit and catch up. | 我们坐会 聊聊天 |
[03:53] | You know, I’ll buy you anything you want. | 你想吃什么我都可以买给你 |
[03:56] | If you don’t eat it, you can take it home. | 如果你不想吃 也可以打包带回家 |
[04:02] | How was your meeting? | 你的会面如何 |
[04:05] | Not great. | 不怎么样 |
[04:09] | I got two years left, and she keeps telling me | 我还有两年 她一直告诉我 |
[04:11] | I’ll probably end up back in jail. | 我最后很可能会重新回到监狱 |
[04:13] | Yeah, they all think we’re just a bunch of, | 是啊 他们总觉得我们都是那种 |
[04:16] | you know, worthless junkies. They don’t get it. | 没用的瘾君子 他们并不理解 |
[04:19] | They don’t know that if we don’t have this stuff, | 他们不理解如果我们离开了它们 |
[04:21] | it feels like we can’t breathe. | 就好像无法呼吸了一样 |
[04:23] | If I stop, I’ll die. | 如果我停下来 就会死去 |
[04:25] | And if I don’t stop, I’ll die. | 如果我不停下来 也会死去 |
[04:29] | So I guess I’m gonna die. | 反正横竖都是死吧 |
[04:33] | So that’s kind of why I wanted to talk to you. | 这是我想和你聊的原因 |
[04:38] | Okay? I’m seeing this doctor. | 我正在看现在这个医生 |
[04:40] | And I’m on this new medication, and it’s really helped me. | 给我用了这种新药 真的很有帮助 |
[04:43] | I haven’t relapsed in a year, and my mind is coming back | 我一年没有复吸了 我的大脑恢复正常 |
[04:47] | like it used to be before all this. | 回到了没发生这一切时的状态 |
[04:51] | – Really? – Yeah, really. | -真的吗 -是啊 真的 |
[04:53] | Hey. | 听着 |
[04:56] | Elizabeth Ann, you’re young. | 伊丽莎白·安 你还年轻 |
[04:59] | You got an entire future that you could do anything. | 你的未来还长 一切皆有可能 |
[05:02] | You could go to college if you wanted to go to college. | 如果你想 你就可以去上大学 |
[05:04] | You could if you wanted to. | 只要你想就可以 |
[05:08] | You could. | 你可以的 |
[05:10] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[05:12] | I will personally drive you | 我亲自开车带你 |
[05:15] | to this doctor I’ve been seeing. | 去见我的这位医生 |
[05:17] | I’ll drive you there, and I’ll you drive back. | 我开车带你去 再接你回来 |
[05:20] | And I’ll take you to therapy twice a week, | 我每周带你去接受两次治疗 |
[05:23] | and I’ll pay for all of it. | 费用由我来出 |
[05:26] | What’s in it for you? | 这对你来说有什么好处 |
[05:28] | I delivered you, girl. | 我接生了你 孩子 |
[05:32] | Ain’t no one thing in this world | 如果你病了 |
[05:34] | I wouldn’t do to help you get better when you’re sick, | 我愿意付出一切帮你好起来 |
[05:39] | nothing. | 一切 |
[05:45] | I’ll try it. | 我会试试的 |
[05:48] | I’ll try it. | 我会试试 |
[05:53] | But no promises I’ll keep going. | 但我不能保证自己能坚持下来 |
[05:55] | Okay, okay, fair enough. | 好的 好的 我理解 |
[06:00] | Today, we are here to celebrate the promotion | 今天我们欢聚一堂庆祝 |
[06:02] | of Amber Collins. | 安珀·柯林斯的升职 |
[06:05] | Look, all I have to say is, New Orleans better watch out | 我必须得说 新奥尔良要小心了 |
[06:08] | because they got a bitch tiger coming their way! | 因为一头猛虎正在来的路上 |
[06:13] | – Cheers! – Cheers! | -干杯 -干杯 |
[06:15] | Sayonara, you motherfuckers. | 再见了 你们这群混蛋 |
[06:27] | Someone hasn’t put in their transfer to Nola yet. | 某人还没有和诺拉提交调职申请哦 |
[06:33] | I was giving it some space between you leaving, | 我打算等你走了一段时间再提交 |
[06:35] | so they’re not suspicious. | 免得他们怀疑 |
[06:39] | Are you not coming? | 你不来了吗 |
[06:41] | – Of course I’m still coming. – ‘Cause I’m a big girl. | -我当然会去 -因为我是个大姑娘 |
[06:43] | If you changed your mind, you can tell me. | 如果你改主意了 可以告诉我 |
[06:45] | I haven’t changed my mind. | 我没有改主意 |
[06:48] | Good, I wanna make this work. | 好的 我希望咱俩能成 |
[06:50] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[06:52] | You better. | 你最好是 |
[07:01] | Hey, Billy. | 你好啊 比利 |
[07:03] | Um, I gotta run a few things past you. | 我有事情要和你说 |
[07:05] | Can you swing by my office in say, ten? | 你能在十分钟后来一下我办公室吗 |
[07:08] | Sure. | 当然 |
[07:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:18] | Shut the door for me, Billy. | 帮我关下门 比利 |
[07:21] | Sure. | 好的 |
[07:29] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[07:30] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[07:33] | How’s it going? | 你们还好吗 |
[07:38] | These are two lawyers from headquarters. | 这里是总部的两位律师 |
[07:41] | I have some concern over three training tapes | 我对关于从我办公室遗失的 |
[07:45] | that went missing from my office. | 三盘培训录像带有些担忧 |
[07:50] | And you were in here alone last week. | 你上周曾独自在这里 |
[07:53] | Right. | 是的 |
[07:56] | I didn’t take it if that’s… | 不过我没有拿 如果… |
[07:59] | I don’t know anything about any missing tapes. | 我完全不知道什么丢失录像带的事 |
[08:00] | If Purdue property were to show up in the media | 如果普渡公司的财产流传到媒体上 |
[08:03] | or in the hands of law enforcement, | 或到了执法部门的手上 |
[08:05] | and those tapes were traced back to you, | 而且这些录像带追溯到了你身上 |
[08:08] | we would sue you for stolen property, breach of contract, | 我们会起诉你盗窃财产 违反合同 |
[08:10] | and misappropriation of trade secrets. | 窃取商业机密 |
[08:13] | We’ll bankrupt you with litigation for the rest of your life. | 你的余生都会因我们的诉讼而破产 |
[08:16] | But I didn’t, didn’t? I didn’t take ’em. | 但我不 不 我没有拿过 |
[08:17] | I didn’t take the tapes. | 我没有拿过什么录像带 |
[08:24] | Several people, including myself, | 很多人 包括我自己 |
[08:26] | have noticed a very negative attitude | 都注意到了你近期的工作态度 |
[08:29] | towards your work of late. | 非常不积极 |
[08:32] | We think it’s best to terminate your contract. | 我们认为最好终止与你的劳动合同 |
[08:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:50] | This is a nondisclosure agreement. | 这是一份保密协议 |
[08:53] | If you sign it, | 如果你签了 |
[08:55] | you’ll get a severance package of $75,000. | 就能拿到75000美元的离职补偿 |
[09:04] | I would need to show this to my lawyer first, | 我需要先把这个给我的律师看一下 |
[09:05] | – but I… – No, | -但我… -不行 |
[09:06] | you need to sign it right now, right here. | 你必须马上签 就在这签 |
[09:09] | If you don’t, you get nothing, | 如果你不签 你就什么都拿不到了 |
[09:11] | and you make yourself vulnerable to future litigation. | 还极有可能在未来遭到法律诉讼 |
[09:20] | Billy, come on. This doesn’t have to get ugly. | 比利 拜托 不要让事情变得太难看 |
[09:24] | If you did take the tapes, this will smooth it all out, | 如果你拿了那些录像带 只要你马上毁掉 |
[09:29] | as long as you destroy those tapes right away. | 并且签了这份协议 就可以一笔勾销了 |
[09:33] | You are not gonna get a better deal than this. | 这已经是最好的交易了 |
[09:39] | And the flip side, | 反过来的话 |
[09:42] | flip side could get really bad. | 事情可能就会非常糟糕了 |
[09:51] | Do what you do best, | 做你最擅长的事 |
[09:56] | and take the money. | 拿钱走人 |
[10:10] | Clear the way, Clear the way! | 让开 快让开 |
[10:28] | Are you friends with him? | 你和他是朋友吗 |
[10:31] | No. | 不是 |
[10:33] | I always thought he was kind of a tool. | 我一直都觉得他挺浑蛋 |
[11:25] | All right? | 还好吗 |
[11:28] | I remember you were one of my smartest. | 我记得你曾是我最聪明的患者之一 |
[11:32] | You were probably the smartest patient I had. | 你大概就是我最聪明的患者了 |
[11:35] | Always reading a book, you know. | 总是在看书 |
[11:43] | I’m looking for something new. | 我在找些新书看 |
[11:46] | You got any favorites? | 你最喜欢什么书 |
[11:55] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[11:56] | She did very well. | 她很好 |
[11:59] | She took her first dose, | 她吃了第一剂药物 |
[12:00] | and she needs to wait here an hour to make sure | 需要在这里等一小时 |
[12:03] | she doesn’t have an adverse reaction to the medication. | 确保对药物没有不良反应 |
[12:06] | All right, okay. | 好的 |
[12:09] | Well then, we’ll just stay put for a minute. | 我们就在这等一会吧 |
[12:11] | I’ll see you in a week, young lady. | 一周后见 小姑娘 |
[12:15] | Thanks, Doc. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[12:22] | He’s a good guy. | 他是个好人 |
[12:29] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[12:58] | Vanity Fair. | 《名利场》 |
[13:00] | What? | 什么 |
[13:01] | You should read Vanity Fair | 你应该看看《名利场》 |
[13:04] | by William Makepeace Thackeray. | 是威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷写的小说 |
[13:06] | It’s one of my favorites. | 我最喜欢的小说之一 |
[13:09] | People think it’s a girls’ book, | 人们都觉得这是小姑娘看的 |
[13:11] | but it’s really more than that. | 但我觉得不止如此 |
[13:15] | What’s it about? | 讲什么的 |
[13:16] | It’s about this poor girl, Becky, | 讲的是一个叫蓓基的可怜女孩 |
[13:19] | who’s smart, and cunning, | 很聪明 有点狡猾 |
[13:23] | and determined to make her way into London society. | 决心进入伦敦的上流社会 |
[13:27] | But, of course, it’s not easy, | 但显然 这不是一件容易的事 |
[13:29] | ’cause all those snobs care about is status and class. | 因为那些势利小人只在意阶级地位 |
[13:32] | Sounds about right. | 的确如此 |
[13:41] | Neither Purdue, nor the FDA, | 无论是普渡公司 药监局 |
[13:43] | nor the DEA, nor the medical community | 缉毒署 还是医疗协会 |
[13:46] | anticipated the extent of this problem. | 都没有预计到这个问题的严重程度 |
[13:49] | 保罗·戈登海姆 普渡制药研发部副总裁 | |
[13:49] | Purdue’s marketing practices have not played a role | 普渡的市场营销没有促进 |
[13:52] | in the criminal activities of doctors | 医生们的犯罪行为 |
[13:56] | who illegally prescribe OxyContin for cash | 这些医生非法开奥施康定以获取现金 |
[14:00] | and have not encouraged robberies | 也没有鼓励抢劫 |
[14:00] | 保罗·戈登海姆 普渡制药研发部副总裁 | |
[14:02] | from pharmacies or patients. | 药房或患者 |
[14:06] | From Dr. Goldenheim’s personal emails, | 从戈登海姆医生的私人邮件中 |
[14:08] | we can prove that he knew his testimony | 我们可以证明他清楚自己在国会上 |
[14:11] | before Congress was false. | 所作的证词是假的 |
[14:13] | He was aware the reports of patient abuse are not rare, | 他清楚患者滥用药物的报告并不少见 |
[14:16] | as they were described in countless newspaper articles, | 这些都被记录在了无数的报纸报道中 |
[14:18] | some of which were emailed directly to Dr. Goldenheim. | 有些直接通过邮件发给了戈登海姆医生 |
[14:20] | This testimony was taken in D.C., | 这份证词是在华盛顿特区所作 |
[14:21] | so it’s not admissible in the state of Virginia case. | 在弗吉尼亚州的案件中不予采纳 |
[14:24] | Well, the state of Virginia is a Commonwealth, | 弗吉尼亚州是联邦州 |
[14:26] | and we thought you might bring that up. | 我们料到你会这么说 |
[14:27] | We uncovered that transcripts from Goldenheim’s, Udell’s, | 我们发现戈登海姆 乌代尔 |
[14:31] | and Friedman’s false Congressional testimony | 还有弗里德曼的国会虚假证词 |
[14:32] | were faxed to sales reps all over the country | 被传真给了全国的药代表 |
[14:34] | to show them top executives, quote, “Had their backs.” | 告诉他们高层”支持他们” 原话如此 |
[14:38] | And one of the places that it was faxed to | 收到传真的其中一个地区 |
[14:40] | was here in Virginia, | 就在弗吉尼亚 |
[14:41] | which makes it not only admissible, | 这意味着这份证词不仅能被采纳 |
[14:43] | but we’ll now also be charging wire fraud | 我们还可以起诉你们电信诈骗 |
[14:45] | and conspiracy to commit wire fraud | 以及同谋实施电信诈骗 |
[14:46] | based on the use of wires to transmit this false testimony. | 因为你们使用电信线路传输虚假证词 |
[14:53] | You really think a judge will go for that? | 你真的觉得法官会采信吗 |
[14:55] | You really think they won’t? | 你真的觉得他们并不会吗 |
[14:59] | My client will not move forward | 我的客户不会 |
[15:00] | with any settlement that involves felony charges | 就任何针对高层个人的重罪指控 |
[15:02] | against individual executives. | 达成和解 |
[15:06] | However, I am authorized to offer a financial settlement | 但是我有权通过提供经济补偿 |
[15:09] | to resolve this matter. | 来解决此事 |
[15:12] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[15:13] | $10 million. | 一千万美元 |
[15:17] | The Commonwealth of Virginia counters at 1.6 billion. | 弗吉尼亚联邦政府要求16亿美元 |
[15:22] | – Is that a joke? – No, | -这是在开玩笑吗 -不是 |
[15:24] | and since we have Michael Friedman, Howard Udell, | 既然我们已经掌握迈克尔·弗里德曼 |
[15:27] | and Paul Goldenheim all dead to rights | 霍华德·乌代尔 保罗·戈登海姆 |
[15:29] | on lying to Congress and conspiracy to defraud, | 向国会作伪证并同谋诈骗的铁证 |
[15:32] | there will be no deal until they plead guilty | 那么除非他们在重罪指控面前认罪 |
[15:35] | to felony charges as well. | 否则绝无交易可言 |
[15:41] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 谢谢 先生们 |
[15:43] | Thank you for coming by. | 谢谢你们跑一趟 |
[15:47] | These assholes really do think | 这些混蛋真的认为 |
[15:48] | they’re just gonna barrel right over us. | 他们可以对我们为所欲为 |
[15:49] | I mean, 10 million? Fuck those guys. | 才一千万 去他妈的 |
[15:51] | How long before they find out Main Justice | 他们什么时候会发现司法部 |
[15:53] | doesn’t want to pursue felony charges against individuals? | 并不想针对个人发起重罪指控 |
[15:55] | Well, they probably already know through Giuliani, | 他们可能已经通过朱利亚尼知道了 |
[15:57] | but it doesn’t really make a difference. | 但这并不会带来什么变化 |
[15:58] | We’re just gonna keep moving ahead like it’s happening. | 我们继续这样做 就像指控存在一样 |
[16:00] | We don’t indict, we lose any shot | 如果没有指控 我们就失去了 |
[16:03] | of getting ’em to flip on the Sacklers. | 让他们反水指控赛克勒家族的机会 |
[16:04] | Yeah, I get that, but look. | 是的 我明白 不过听我说 |
[16:05] | If we’re gonna move Main Justice on indictments, | 如果我们想让司法部发起指控 |
[16:08] | it’s going to take something significant to change their mind. | 就需要一些特别重大的事情让他们改变想法 |
[16:11] | I mean, it’s gonna take something emotional. | 需要一些充满情感的东西 |
[16:12] | It’s gonna take something egregious | 需要一些影响极大的事情 |
[16:13] | that might publicly blow up in their face if they don’t indict. | 如果他们不起诉 就会惹众怒的那种 |
[16:17] | Of course. We’ll keep looking. | 当然 我们继续找 |
[16:22] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 |
[16:23] | Anything with breakthrough pain? | 有什么和爆发性疼痛相关的吗 |
[16:25] | Covered it. | 查过了 |
[16:32] | Maybe new way into blood charts? | 有关于血检图的新发现吗 |
[16:34] | Maybe a direct link to Richard Sackler | 或许能发现理查德·赛克勒 |
[16:36] | ordering the graph manipulation? | 直接下令修改图表的线索 |
[16:38] | If it was there, we’d have it. | 如果有的话 我们早就能发现了 |
[16:43] | We never did anything substantial with Toppers Contest. | 我们从没查到任何关于顶尖大赛的实质信息 |
[16:49] | You think a drug-selling competition | 你觉得一个强效麻醉剂的 |
[16:51] | with a powerful narcotic might move Main Justice? | 销售比赛能打动司法部吗 |
[17:41] | Hey, Jerry. | 你好 杰瑞 |
[17:45] | You mind if I come in? | 你介意我进去吗 |
[17:50] | Sure. | 进来吧 |
[17:57] | Diane. | 黛安 |
[18:08] | I haven’t really been able to sleep | 我听说贝琪的事情后 |
[18:12] | since I heard about Betsy. | 就一直睡不着觉 |
[18:21] | And… | 还有… |
[18:25] | I’m sorry I didn’t come to the funeral. | 很抱歉我没有去葬礼 |
[18:27] | We didn’t want you there. | 我们也不希望你来 |
[18:31] | Well, that’s why I didn’t come. | 所以我没有去 |
[18:40] | If I could change places with her, | 如果能让我替代她死去 |
[18:45] | I would. | 我会的 |
[18:56] | I heard you got off that stuff. | 我听说你戒掉了 |
[18:59] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[19:01] | You know, one day at a time. | 一天一天慢慢来吧 |
[19:08] | Good for you. | 挺好的 |
[19:14] | Hey, man. | 哥们 |
[19:21] | I sure am sorry, Jerry. | 我真的很抱歉 杰瑞 |
[19:27] | Look, ain’t nothing either one of us | 我们无论说什么 |
[19:31] | can say gonna change anything. | 都无法改变既成的事实 |
[19:36] | Or make us feel any different, really. | 或改变我们的感受 |
[19:40] | So | 所以 |
[19:42] | just go on and live your life, Doc. | 继续你的生活吧 医生 |
[19:55] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[19:58] | Well… | 那… |
[20:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:12] | You take care. | 保重 |
[20:14] | You too now. | 你也是 |
[20:51] | “I never wanted to tell anyone | “我从未想过告诉任何人 |
[20:53] | my dream was to be a famous writer living in Paris | 我的梦想是住在巴黎 成为著名的小说家 |
[20:56] | ’cause I knew they’d all laugh at me. | 因为我知道他们会嘲笑我 |
[20:58] | But I wrote almost every day till the drugs took over. | 但我几乎每天都写 直到药物掌控我的生活 |
[21:01] | I liked how they made the fear | 我喜欢药物 因为它们 |
[21:02] | I had of not being successful go away. | 消除了我对无法成功的恐惧 |
[21:05] | But the shame I feel outweighs any of that.” | 但我的羞耻心胜过了这一切” |
[21:08] | Hey, wait, I’m stopping you. | 等等 我打断一下 |
[21:11] | I don’t want to hear about shame. | 我不希望听到任何关于羞耻的话语 |
[21:12] | I want to hear about Paris. | 我想听关于巴黎的事 |
[21:15] | That was great, wasn’t it, Doc? | 这很好啊 不是吗 医生 |
[21:16] | Heck yeah, it was, really great, really great. | 是的 这当然非常 非常棒 |
[21:19] | You know what I want you guys to do? | 你知道我希望你们做什么吗 |
[21:21] | Write about your favorite memory, all right? | 写下你们最美好的记忆 |
[21:24] | Write something about your favorite memory, | 写下你们最美好的记忆 |
[21:26] | and you can make it fun. | 你可以写得很有趣 |
[21:27] | It’s okay to have fun with it. | 你们也可以享受其中 |
[21:29] | Hey, Doc. I mean, Sam. | 医生 我是说 塞缪 |
[21:32] | It’s real nice of you to keep driving us like this, | 你每次都这样开车送我们当然很好 |
[21:35] | but you live an hour east, | 但你住在东边一小时车程以外的地方 |
[21:37] | and this takes up a whole day. | 来回送我们会花上你一整天 |
[21:40] | Why don’t you move back to Finch Creek? | 你为什么不搬回芬奇溪住呢 |
[21:42] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 不不不 |
[21:47] | No, don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我不觉得这是个好主意 |
[21:49] | I don’t think… | 我不认为… |
[21:51] | I don’t think anybody wants me back in Finch Creek. | 我不认为有任何人希望我回到芬奇溪 |
[21:55] | So? Nobody wants me there. | 那又怎样 也没人希望我住在那啊 |
[21:58] | You should come back. | 你应该回来 |
[22:02] | Nah. | 算了 |
[22:05] | No, I don’t think I could ever go back. | 不行 我觉得自己永远回不去了 |
[22:11] | Purdue Pharma. | 普渡制药 |
[22:13] | Ever since I left that place, | 自从我离开了那里 |
[22:14] | I’ve been trying to put it out of my mind. | 我就一直试图忘记它 |
[22:16] | So what are you guys looking for? | 你们想知道什么 |
[22:19] | We’d like to discuss a sales competition | 我们想聊聊一次销售比赛 |
[22:20] | known as Toppers Contest. | 被称为顶尖大赛 |
[22:24] | – Right. – Was it effective? | -好的 -比赛很有成效吗 |
[22:25] | Yeah, oh, yeah, it was, like gangbusters. | 是的 没错 特别火爆 |
[22:28] | You’ve got every rep in the country | 全国上下的所有药代表 |
[22:30] | selling as hard as they can for, | 都竭尽所能地去销售 |
[22:32] | you know, a free trip to Bermuda or Palm Springs. | 赢得去百慕大或者棕榈泉的免费旅行机会 |
[22:35] | You ever seen any other pharma company | 你见过其他制药公司的人 |
[22:37] | do something like that before? | 做类似的事情吗 |
[22:44] | You guys mind taking a walk? | 你们介意边走边说吗 |
[22:50] | All right, look, to answer your question, no. | 接着回答你的问题 答案是没有 |
[22:52] | The bonus structure was unbelievable. | 这种奖励机制简直难以置信 |
[22:55] | The more milligrams you sold, the more money you made. | 你卖出更多的药 就能赚更多的钱 |
[22:57] | No one else does that. | 从没有其他公司这样做过 |
[22:59] | Did it bother you that sales reps | 药代表受到金钱利益驱使 |
[23:00] | were financially motivated to sell higher doses? | 去卖更多的药 你不觉得有问题吗 |
[23:03] | Not at first. | 一开始不觉得 |
[23:04] | I mean, look, they tricked the managers | 他们也会蒙骗管理层 |
[23:09] | the same way they played the reps. | 就像他们蒙骗药代表们一样 |
[23:10] | They would give us all this data from pain societies | 他们给我们疼痛学会的数据 |
[23:15] | that made everything seem so legit. | 让一切看似合理合法 |
[23:18] | So why’d you finally leave? | 那你最后为什么会离开 |
[23:21] | Yeah, so hold on. | 是啊 等等 |
[23:26] | So I kept having to appear in court | 我必须不断去法庭 |
[23:29] | for all these lawsuits that were coming in. | 应对各种诉讼官司 |
[23:33] | I show up one day to a deposition, | 有一天我去参加取证会议 |
[23:36] | and Purdue doesn’t have a lawyer for me. | 普渡没有给我配律师 |
[23:40] | They left me on my own, and I knew right then | 他们让我孤军奋战 就在那一刻 |
[23:42] | I have got to get out, | 我知道自己必须离开了 |
[23:44] | or I’m gonna end up in some serious shit. | 不然一定会陷入大麻烦之中 |
[23:47] | So why didn’t they have a lawyer for you? | 他们为什么不给你配律师 |
[23:50] | They were pissed. | 他们生气了 |
[23:53] | One of my sales reps stole some training session tapes | 我手下有一名药代表从我的办公室 |
[23:55] | out of my office, and they were scared | 偷走了一些培训录像 他们害怕 |
[23:57] | that they were gonna leak them to the press. | 这些录像会被泄露给媒体 |
[24:01] | Well, Billy, thanks for seeing us on such short notice. | 比利 谢谢你这么快就答应见我们 |
[24:04] | Sure grateful to you. | 非常感谢 |
[24:06] | Oh, that’s, uh– That’s all right. | 这 没关系的 |
[24:09] | I kind of knew this day was coming. I … | 我知道这一天迟早要来 我… |
[24:12] | figured I’d have to account for my sins eventually. | 我想终究要为自己的罪孽付出代价 |
[24:16] | So, uh, what would you like me to do, testify or… | 你们希望我做什么 作证还是… |
[24:22] | You didn’t sign an NDA? | 你没有签保密协议吗 |
[24:24] | No, um, I couldn’t. | 没有 我签不下手 |
[24:27] | I just couldn’t keep taking their money anymore, so … | 我不能再继续拿他们的钱了 所以… |
[24:32] | I didn’t sign. I can tell you whatever you want to know. | 我没签 所以你们想知道什么我都可以说 |
[24:35] | What we want are those videotapes. | 我们想要那些录像带 |
[24:41] | Tapes? | 录像带 |
[24:46] | I, uh… I don’t have any tapes. | 我没有录像带 |
[24:50] | We think you do. | 我们认为你有 |
[24:52] | I’m sorry. I don’t. | 很抱歉 我没有 |
[24:54] | Listen. | 听着 |
[25:03] | You know, we all done things in our lives | 在我们的一生中 我们都做过 |
[25:06] | that we aren’t proud of. | 自己不齿的事情 |
[25:10] | But we make amends by trying | 但我们会努力 |
[25:11] | to make the future a better place for others. | 为他人带来更好的未来 以此作为弥补 |
[25:14] | And, hey, | 听着 |
[25:17] | you have a real opportunity here. | 你现在就有一个好机会 |
[25:20] | You could help millions of people avoid the pain | 你能帮助数百万人避免经受 |
[25:26] | brought to so many. | 无数人已在承受的痛苦 |
[25:32] | I did not take those tapes. | 我真的没有拿录像带 |
[25:37] | And if I did, | 即使我拿了 |
[25:40] | they were destroyed a long time ago. | 也在很久前被毁掉了 |
[25:49] | Unless you have a subpoena, this interview’s over. | 除非你们有传票 不然对话到此结束 |
[25:52] | And if you do, | 即使你有 |
[25:53] | we won’t continue without an attorney present. | 我们也不会在没有律师在场的情况下继续谈话 |
[25:58] | This is my wife, Kaitlyn. | 这是我的妻子 凯特琳 |
[26:00] | We’re at law school together. | 我们一起读法学院 |
[26:05] | Is it a boy or girl? | 是男孩还是女孩 |
[26:07] | Boy. | 男孩 |
[26:09] | Okay. Well, good luck in law school. | 好吧 祝你们在法学院一切顺利 |
[26:12] | What-what field are you thinking of? | 你读的是什么专业 |
[26:15] | Consumer protection. | 消费者保护 |
[26:17] | That’s perfect. | 太好了 |
[26:19] | You can protect the public from people like yourself. | 你可以保护消费者免受你这样的人的伤害 |
[26:24] | Y’all have a nice day. | 祝你们今天过得愉快 |
[26:27] | We’ll let ourselves out. | 我们自己出去 |
[26:49] | Sir. | 先生 |
[26:55] | Dr. Richard, th-here’s a petition going around Virginia. | 理查德博士 弗吉尼亚出现了请愿活动 |
[26:59] | I thought it was West Virginia. | 我以为是西弗吉尼亚 |
[27:01] | No, it was Virginia. | 就是弗吉尼亚 |
[27:02] | Like there’s a difference. | 有什么区别吗 |
[27:04] | Exactly. | 是的 |
[27:05] | So I guess a nun and a country doctor | 应该是一名修女和一名乡村教师 |
[27:07] | formed a community coalition. | 组织了社区联盟 |
[27:09] | I’m sorry, a-a nun and a country doc… | 等等 一名修女和一名乡村医生 |
[27:12] | did they walk into a bar? | 他们是去酒吧了吗 |
[27:14] | Richard, they collected 10,000 signatures | 理查德 他们收集了一万个签名 |
[27:16] | on a petition to recall OC, pull it from the market, | 请愿召回奥施康定 让它从市场上消失 |
[27:19] | and reformulate it to make it safer. | 重新改变配方 让它更安全 |
[27:21] | And sent the petition to the FDA, | 他们把请愿书寄到了药监局 |
[27:23] | where it has not gone unnoticed. | 已经被注意到了 |
[27:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:30] | Go to West Virginia and resolve the situation. | 去西弗吉尼亚解决这件事 |
[27:34] | Um, how would you like it resolved? | 你打算如何解决 |
[27:37] | What did we spend in Florida? | 我们在佛罗里达州花了多少钱 |
[27:40] | A little over two million. | 两百多万 |
[27:42] | No, just take care of this. | 解决了就行 |
[27:46] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[27:54] | Oh, Dr. Van Zee, Sister Beth. | 范西医生 贝丝修女 |
[27:58] | How’re you doing? Howard Udell, Purdue Pharma. | 你们好 霍华德·乌代尔 来自普渡制药 |
[28:01] | Nice to meet you. A real pleasure. | 你好 很荣幸 |
[28:03] | This is my wife, Sue Ella. | 这是我妻子 苏·艾拉 |
[28:05] | Thank you for meeting us. | 谢谢你们来见我们 |
[28:07] | It was a real surprise to hear from you. | 很惊讶能收到你们的回复 |
[28:09] | Of course, we were very concerned | 当然了 看到你们的请愿后 |
[28:11] | when we saw your petition. | 我们非常关注 |
[28:13] | Sister Beth, I’ve actually known quite a few nuns. | 贝丝修女 其实我也认识一些修女 |
[28:15] | I’m still good friends with a Sister Julie, so… | 我还是朱莉修女的好朋友 |
[28:20] | That’s wonderful that you know other nuns. | 你认识其他修女 这太好了 |
[28:23] | It makes me feel a closeness to you | 这让我觉得和你的关系更近了 |
[28:25] | I have never before experienced. | 是我之前没有过的感受 |
[28:35] | Before we discuss our petition, | 在讨论请愿之前 |
[28:38] | we wanted you to hear a personal story | 我们希望你们听听一位母亲的亲身经历 |
[28:40] | from a parent who lost their child to addiction, | 毒瘾让她失去了自己的孩子 |
[28:43] | so you could get an understanding | 你们就能明白 |
[28:45] | of how your drug has affected the community. | 你们的药物如何影响了整个社区 |
[28:48] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[28:51] | My daughter Betsy was a quiet, hardworking girl. | 我的女儿贝琪是一个安静 用功的小女孩 |
[28:56] | After she hurt her back on her job, | 在工作中伤到了后背之后 |
[28:58] | she started taking OxyContin, and within a year, | 她开始服用奥施康定 不到一年 |
[29:01] | she was a liar, a thief, | 她开始说谎 偷窃 |
[29:05] | and a heroin addict. | 还海洛因成瘾 |
[29:08] | No matter what she did, she couldn’t stop. | 无论她如何努力 都无法戒除 |
[29:11] | And she tried. | 她真的努力了 |
[29:14] | When she died from an overdose, | 当她因服药过量去世时 |
[29:16] | there was a part of me that was relieved | 我甚至还松了口气 |
[29:18] | that she was finally out of her pain. | 她终于从痛苦中解脱了 |
[29:21] | But that pain lives in me now and in her father. | 但这种痛苦现在扎根在我和她父亲心里了 |
[29:28] | OxyContin destroyed our family | 奥施康定毁了我们的家庭 |
[29:31] | like it has so many others. | 以及很多和我们一样的家庭 |
[29:34] | And we hope you can find a way to make it safer. | 我们希望你们能想办法让它更安全一些 |
[29:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:44] | – That’s Betsy. – Yeah. | -这就是贝琪 -好的 |
[29:47] | Thank you for this story. | 谢谢你的故事 |
[29:48] | And, um, we’re so sorry for your loss. | 对你女儿的离开 我们深表遗憾 |
[29:52] | Our coalition has gathered a petition with 10,000 signatures | 我们联盟收集了一万个请愿签名 |
[29:56] | requesting you reformulate OxyContin. | 要求你们重新修改奥施康定的配方 |
[29:59] | We know this is possible because in 1983, | 这是可能的 因为在1983年 |
[30:02] | Sterling Winthrop pulled their painkiller Talwin | 斯特林·温斯洛普就召回了止疼药镇痛新 |
[30:06] | and added a narcotic blocker, | 加入了一种麻醉阻断剂 |
[30:08] | which immediately reduced abuse. | 马上减少了滥用的现象 |
[30:10] | Thank you, Dr. Van Zee. | 谢谢你 范西医生 |
[30:12] | We have carefully looked into this, | 我们已经详细调查过了 |
[30:15] | and one of the reasons we came down here was | 我们今天来这的一个原因 |
[30:19] | to pay you the respect of giving you a preview | 是为了表明对你们的尊重 |
[30:22] | of an open letter to your community | 向你们提前展示我们对你们社区 |
[30:25] | that we are going to publish. | 即将发出的公开信 |
[30:26] | And I’d like to read it for you now, if I may. | 如果可以的话 我先读一下 |
[30:31] | “Dear Lee County, at Purdue Pharma, | “尊敬的李郡居民 普渡制药 |
[30:33] | we are aware there has been an issue in your community | 非常关切你们社区中发生的 |
[30:36] | with drug diversion involving our painkiller OxyContin. | 与我们的止疼药奥施康定有关的药物滥用事件 |
[30:40] | We take very seriously these issues, | 我们非常重视这些事件 |
[30:42] | and we want you to know we have heard you. | 我们已经知悉此事 |
[30:46] | We understand there is a request to reformulate the drug, | 我们理解目前有重新修改药物配方的需求 |
[30:51] | but unfortunately, at this time, | 但遗憾的是 目前阶段 |
[30:53] | it is not easy to do, | 这很难做到 |
[30:54] | and we do not plan on taking that action. | 我们没有计划采取这一行动 |
[30:57] | – Our main issue…” – You don’t care. | -我们的主要问题…” -你们不在乎 |
[31:01] | You don’t care that it’s killing people. | 你们不在乎这药在杀人 |
[31:04] | You know it’s dangerous. | 你们知道这药很危险 |
[31:06] | You just wanna make as much money as possible. | 你们只想挣更多的钱 |
[31:08] | That is absolutely untrue, ma’am. | 事实绝非如此 女士 |
[31:09] | You’ve done more to hurt the people of Appalachia | 你们对阿帕拉契亚人民造成的伤害 |
[31:12] | than the coal industry ever thought about doing. | 比煤炭行业更为严重 |
[31:14] | Yeah, ma’am, I resent that accusation. | 女士 我不喜欢这种指控 |
[31:16] | My family goes back here for generations. | 几代以来 我的家人都住在那里 |
[31:18] | This whole meeting is a setup, | 这场会面就是陷阱 |
[31:20] | – it’s a setup! – Let’s all calm down please. | -是陷阱 -请先冷静一下 |
[31:23] | Ma’am, I’m sorry to interrupt. It is not a setup. | 女士 很抱歉打断你 这不是陷阱 |
[31:26] | The main reason we came here | 我们来到这里的主要原因 |
[31:28] | was to make a donation to your coalition, | 是想给你们的联盟捐款 |
[31:30] | which we know is doing tremendous work. | 我们知道你们的工作很了不起 |
[31:35] | What kind of donation? | 什么样的捐款 |
[31:36] | Oh, Howard… | 霍华德 |
[31:39] | Purdue Pharma just wants to help. | 普渡制药只是想提供帮助 |
[31:42] | So in that spirit, we’d like to donate $100,000 | 基于这样的理念 我们想捐出十万美元 |
[31:45] | to your group as a gesture of goodwill | 给你们的联盟 作为我们 |
[31:48] | to help the community. | 想帮助社区的良好意愿 |
[31:51] | That’s… that’s very generous. | 这倒不是个小数目 |
[31:56] | We’ll need to discuss it. | 我们得讨论一下 |
[31:58] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[32:02] | The number of new patients | 很多新患者 |
[32:03] | I could give free care to would be significant. | 都可以得到免费救治 这很重要 |
[32:08] | That money would make a huge difference around here. | 这笔钱能给这里带来很多变化 |
[32:12] | If we can get something out of these people, | 如果我们能从这些人手中拿到些什么 |
[32:13] | I think we should. | 那我们就应该拿 |
[32:15] | One bad month, and you could be shut down for good. | 一个月周转不开 就可能会被永远关闭 |
[32:18] | What do you think, Diane? | 你怎么想 黛安 |
[32:22] | Well, I don’t know much about these matters, | 我不太懂这些事 |
[32:23] | but if it would help people down here, | 但如果能帮助到一些人 |
[32:25] | then I think it might be a good idea to take it. | 那或许拿钱也不错 |
[32:30] | You might be right. | 你可能是对的 |
[32:33] | Sister Beth? | 贝丝修女 |
[32:38] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[32:43] | You know, I’m not from this region originally, | 我不是这里出生的 |
[32:46] | but I have been living here for over 30 years, | 但我已经在这住了超过30年了 |
[32:49] | and I’ve seen a lot of things. | 我见过了很多事 |
[32:53] | I’ve seen coal executives fly in for generations | 我见过煤炭企业的高管接连几代飞过来 |
[32:57] | and use their money to shut down unions | 用他们的钱关掉了工会 |
[33:01] | and manipulate this region into lower labor costs. | 让这片区域的劳动力越来越廉价 |
[33:07] | That’s just what wealthy people do. | 有钱人就是这样 |
[33:09] | They take advantage of the folks | 他们占尽穷人的便宜 |
[33:11] | that don’t have money to fight back. | 因为知道穷人没钱和他们抗衡 |
[33:17] | That’s what Purdue is doing in this very moment. | 普渡现在就在做这样的事 |
[33:23] | So | 所以 |
[33:25] | you wanna take their payoff | 如果你们想拿他们的钱 |
[33:29] | to shut us all up, | 做我们的封口费 |
[33:32] | you go ahead. | 就去吧 |
[33:37] | But if you do that, I will quit this coalition right here and now | 但如果你们拿钱 我就马上辞职 |
[33:40] | because I would rather burn in hell | 因为我宁愿被烧死在地狱里 |
[33:43] | than take a penny of their blood money. | 也不愿意拿他们沾着血的钱 |
[33:51] | 紧急 里克·曼卡索收 | |
[33:57] | Hey, Karen? | 凯伦 |
[34:02] | You know what this is? There’s no return address. | 你知道这是什么吗 上面没有回信地址 |
[34:05] | No, but it was marked urgent, | 不知道 不过这上面写了紧急 |
[34:06] | so I just left it on your desk. | 我就留在你桌子上了 |
[34:14] | Do you think it’s dangerous? | 你觉得这有危险吗 |
[34:16] | I don’t hear ticking. | 我没听到倒计时的滴答声 |
[34:17] | Oh, stop it. | 别说了 |
[34:18] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[34:20] | Somebody sent Rick a bomb. | 有人给里克寄了炸弹 |
[34:24] | Well, we only got a thousand potential suspects, so… | 但我们只有上千个嫌疑犯 |
[34:32] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[34:37] | Purdue Pharma training tapes. | 普渡制药的培训录像带 |
[34:42] | I’ll be. | 天啊 |
[34:43] | Looks like Billy found his soul. | 看来比利良心发现了 |
[34:48] | Emphasize the time release coding. | 强调时间缓释设计 |
[34:51] | It makes our drug less addictive, | 这让我们的药物更加不易上瘾 |
[34:54] | less prone to abuse. | 不会被滥用 |
[34:55] | It makes it almost impossible | 这让人们几乎不可能 |
[34:58] | to extract oxycodone from the drug | 从药物中获取到氧可酮 |
[35:00] | in order to snort or inject. If the… | 去吸食或注射 如果… |
[35:03] | There’s hours of tape just like this | 还有很多小时类似的录像 |
[35:06] | showing Purdue sales reps being trained to lie, manipulate, | 显示普渡的药代表被培训说谎 操纵他人 |
[35:10] | and aggressively sell addictive narcotics | 以不成瘾药物的名义大量销售 |
[35:12] | as nonaddictive. It is absolutely outrageous. | 成瘾性药物 这太可怕了 |
[35:15] | And we now have an open and shut case of misbranding, | 现在已经坐实的罪名有违法贴假标签 |
[35:18] | mail fraud, wire fraud, | 邮件欺诈 电信诈骗 |
[35:20] | and because the company profited from illegal activity, | 并且因为公司从非法行为中获利 |
[35:24] | we’ve got money laundering as well. | 洗钱的罪名也铁板钉钉 |
[35:26] | – We need to discuss this with our client. – Of course. | -我们需要和客户讨论一下 -当然可以 |
[35:40] | I think we can get at least 100 million out of ’em. | 我认为我们至少可以让他们拿出一个亿来 |
[35:42] | Oh, I think so, too. | 我也这样认为 |
[35:43] | What does Main Justice say? | 司法部那边怎么说 |
[35:45] | Any new indications on individual indictments? | 有起诉个人的新动向吗 |
[35:49] | No, not yet. | 没有 目前还没有 |
[35:51] | But, you know, the quiet tells me | 但是 这种沉默代表着 |
[35:54] | that we’ve got ’em thinking. | 他们在考虑了 |
[35:57] | Now you really gotta hit ’em in the gut | 现在你必须要 |
[35:58] | with your prosecution memo. | 拿出起诉备忘录了 |
[36:00] | Lay it all out for Main Justice so that when they read it, | 让司法部看清楚 让他们看了就知道 |
[36:03] | they know they’ve got no choice but to indict these guys. | 自己别无选择 必须起诉这些人 |
[36:06] | Yes, sir. | 好的 长官 |
[36:08] | Proposed indictment of Purdue Pharma, | 对普渡制药 |
[36:11] | Michael Friedman, Howard R. Udell, | 迈克尔·弗里德曼 霍华德·R·乌代尔 |
[36:14] | and Paul D. Goldenheim. | 和保罗·D·戈登海姆拟定的起诉书 |
[36:17] | Perhaps no case in our history rivals | 或许在我们的历史上从没有哪次事件 |
[36:19] | the burden placed on public health and safety | 像现在在弗吉尼亚西区出现的事件一样 |
[36:21] | as that in the Western District of Virginia. | 为公共卫生和安全带来了如此大的负担 |
[36:24] | It is our recommendation to charge the defendants | 我们建议以如下罪名起诉被告 |
[36:26] | with conspiracy, | 同谋 |
[36:29] | 1% | 低于 的成瘾率 |
[36:30] | mail fraud, wire fraud, | 邮件欺诈 电信诈骗 |
[36:34] | interstate distribution of misbranded drug | 跨州分销违法贴假标签的药物 |
[36:36] | with intent to defraud, | 有意欺诈性宣传 |
[36:38] | conspiracy to commit money laundering, | 密谋洗钱 |
[36:41] | and money laundering. | 以及洗钱 |
[36:45] | OxyContin abuse has significantly impacted | 奥施康定的滥用严重影响了 |
[36:49] | the lives of millions of Americans. | 数百万美国人的生活 |
[36:53] | And the fraudulent scheme and conduct articulated | 上述的骗局和欺诈行为 |
[36:55] | in this matter has a direct correlation | 与这一地区 |
[36:57] | to the health of this region | 以及全国人民的健康 |
[36:59] | and to the entire nation as a whole. | 都有着直接关系 |
[37:11] | Hello, Father. | 你好 父亲 |
[37:16] | Well, I see you’ve decided to ruin a perfectly good evening. | 看来你决定要毁掉这个完美的夜晚了 |
[37:23] | Good to see you too, Richard. | 我也很高兴见到你 理查德 |
[37:25] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[37:26] | Mortimer’s kids want more disbursements? | 摩迪莫的小孩想要更多分红吗 |
[37:30] | I’ve asked Stephen to join us | 我请了史蒂芬和我们一起 |
[37:31] | because we have a very serious issue. | 因为我们有很严重的事情要谈 |
[37:36] | This is John Brownlee, | 这是约翰·布朗利 |
[37:38] | U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Virginia. | 西弗吉尼亚的检察官 |
[37:41] | I’ve taken care of West Virginia. | 我已经搞定了西弗吉尼亚的事 |
[37:43] | Brownlee is the U.S. Attorney that covers Appalachia. | 布朗利是负责阿帕拉契亚的检察官 |
[37:47] | That’s the region where that nun | 这个地区的修女和乡村教师 |
[37:48] | and that country doctor rejected your offer. | 拒绝了你的提议 |
[37:51] | I said, it’s taken care of. | 我说了 我已经搞定了 |
[37:52] | The FDA isn’t going to respond to their petition. | 药监局不会理会他们的请愿 |
[37:55] | But this problem goes deeper than a petition. | 但这个问题比请愿更严重 |
[37:58] | John Brownlee is former army, | 约翰·布朗利以前是个军人 |
[38:00] | spent four years in the infantry, | 当了四年步兵 |
[38:03] | left the military to go to law school | 离开部队后去了法学院 |
[38:05] | with the intention to be a prosecutor. | 立志成为一名检察官 |
[38:07] | His father is currently the secretary of the army. | 他父亲是现任陆军部长 |
[38:11] | Now, I’m telling you this because he has opened | 我告诉你 因为他已经组织了 |
[38:13] | a secret grand jury into Purdue Pharma. | 针对普渡制药的秘密大陪审团 |
[38:18] | Since when? | 什么时候开始的 |
[38:19] | We think maybe four or five months ago, | 我们认为是四五个月之前吧 |
[38:21] | but we’re not exactly sure. | 但我们也不太确定 |
[38:25] | Call the governor or a senator. | 打给州长 或者议员 |
[38:27] | They have no authority over a U.S. Attorney. | 他们管不了检察官 |
[38:30] | Now, these are the assistant U.S. Attorneys running the case, | 这两位是协助检察官查案的人 |
[38:34] | Rick Mountcastle and Randy Ramseyer. | 里克·曼卡索和兰迪·拉姆塞尔 |
[38:38] | Both men are top prosecutors | 这两位都是顶尖的公诉人 |
[38:40] | and are driven by a strong sense of justice. | 都有着强烈的正义感 |
[38:43] | Ramseyer, he referees local high school sports | 拉姆塞尔 他是当地高中体育的裁判员 |
[38:46] | and has a deep connection to the region. | 与这一地区的联系非常深厚 |
[38:50] | Mountcastle used to prosecute mobsters | 曼卡索曾经起诉过黑帮 |
[38:53] | and converted to Christianity at the age of 40. | 在40岁时皈依了基督教 |
[38:55] | Why are you telling me all this? | 你和我说这些干嘛 |
[38:57] | So that you understand they cannot be bought. | 让你知道你无法买通他们 |
[39:00] | They cannot be pushed off the case. | 他们不会对案件轻言放弃 |
[39:03] | They will not be seeking our employment | 他们不会像缅因州的检察官一样 |
[39:05] | when they leave office like the U.S. Attorney in Maine. | 离职后来我们这上班 |
[39:09] | And it is very likely | 而且很有可能 |
[39:10] | that they will soon subpoena Purdue’s internal documents | 他们马上会用传票传唤普渡的内部文件 |
[39:14] | to make a major case against us. | 对我们提出重大指控 |
[39:17] | The damage a U.S. Attorney can do | 检察官可能对我们这样的公司 |
[39:18] | for a company like us is staggering. | 造成巨大的伤害 |
[39:22] | They can fine us to death. | 他们可以罚到我们倾家荡产 |
[39:24] | And they can bring criminal charges against individuals. | 他们还可以针对个人提出刑事指控 |
[39:30] | You think that’s possible? | 你觉得这事有可能发生吗 |
[39:32] | It’s not possible. It’s likely. | 不是有可能 是很可能 |
[39:34] | These people in Appalachia are very angry, | 阿帕拉契亚的人们很生气 |
[39:37] | and now their U.S. Attorney is coming for us. | 现在他们的检察官盯上我们了 |
[39:40] | We’re gonna hire Rudy Giuliani, | 我们会雇佣鲁迪·朱利亚尼 |
[39:42] | and he’ll be able to lobby high up | 他会在高层中 |
[39:44] | in the chain of the Justice Department and the White House, | 在司法部门和白宫中为我们游说 |
[39:47] | but eventually there will be a price to pay. | 但最终我们必须得出血 |
[39:51] | From this point on, | 从现在开始 |
[39:53] | you need to do everything you can | 你必须尽一切可能 |
[39:55] | to reduce personal liability. | 减少个人责任 |
[39:58] | It’s very possible people are going to prison, | 最终很有可能有人要去坐牢 |
[40:02] | and I don’t want that to be you. | 我不希望是你 |
[40:30] | Elizabeth Ann? | 伊丽莎白·安 |
[40:41] | Hello? | 你好 |
[40:42] | This is Sally Washington from the Virginia Health Department | 我是弗吉尼亚州卫生部的萨利·华盛顿 |
[40:44] | returning for Samuel Finnix. | 给塞缪尔·芬尼克斯回电 |
[40:46] | Yeah, yeah. Thanks for calling me. | 是的 没错 谢谢你打给我 |
[40:48] | Uh, listen, I will… | 我想… |
[40:50] | – Fuck off, I know you fucking took it from me! – Excuse me? | -滚开 我知道是你偷的 -不好意思 |
[40:53] | – What was that? – Sorry, I was calling | -什么情况 -抱歉 我打电话是想说 |
[40:55] | about the, uh, MAT clinics in Virginia. | 关于弗吉尼亚州的药物辅助治疗诊所的事情 |
[40:58] | What about them? | 有什么问题吗 |
[40:58] | Well, I’ve seen people have really good results | 我看到人们服用苏博酮和美沙酮 |
[41:01] | with Suboxone and methadone, | 效果都很好 |
[41:04] | and seems to me the problem is that there are so few clinics | 但可惜很少有提供这些药物的诊所 |
[41:08] | that people just can’t get access to the drugs. | 人们无法拿到这些药物 |
[41:11] | I understand the problem, | 我理解这个问题 |
[41:12] | but people don’t want treatments centers in their community. | 但人们都不希望自己的社区中有治疗中心 |
[41:15] | It’s just a political nonstarter, i’m sorry to say. | 主要是政治问题 无法实现 很遗憾 |
[41:20] | Yeah, I understand. | 好吧 我理解 |
[41:22] | Well, okay. | 那好吧 |
[41:24] | Well, thanks for your time. | 谢谢您的致电 |
[41:29] | Hey, Elizabeth Ann! | 伊丽莎白·安 |
[41:32] | Hey, wake up! | 醒醒 |
[41:36] | Hey! | 醒醒 |
[41:37] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[41:40] | I brought you coffee. | 我给你带了咖啡 |
[41:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:45] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[41:48] | I gotta get you out of this place. | 我要帮你离开这里 |
[42:42] | Did you work in the mines? | 你以前在矿上工作吗 |
[42:45] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[42:48] | I was in that protest. | 我参加了那次抗议 |
[42:53] | You are doing very well. | 你的表现很好 |
[42:56] | No relapses or craving for opiates. | 没有复吸或是对阿片类药物的依赖 |
[43:01] | If you want, we can try and taper you down. | 如果你想 我们可以给你减少药量 |
[43:08] | You think one day I can just be completely off it? | 你觉得我有可能完全戒掉吗 |
[43:13] | Like I said, it can be hard | 像我说过的 可能很难 |
[43:16] | to get off the medication permanently, | 彻底摆脱药物依赖 |
[43:18] | but some do. | 但有人可以 |
[43:20] | We won’t know until we try. | 如果不试试怎么知道呢 |
[43:25] | So what do you think, Sam? | 你怎么考虑呢 塞缪 |
[43:30] | I just really wanna be a doctor again. | 我真的很想再次成为医生 |
[43:39] | – What’s up? – No good. | -怎么样了 -不太好 |
[43:40] | Fraud unit agreed with your prosecution memo, | 诈骗部门赞同你的起诉备忘录 |
[43:43] | but unfortunately, it didn’t sway the criminal division. | 但很遗憾 刑事法庭不这样认为 |
[43:46] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[43:48] | Look, the career guys are with you, | 听着 同事们都支持你 |
[43:49] | but I think you’ll ultimately get blocked | 但你最终还是会 |
[43:51] | by the political appointees. | 被政治力量所阻挠 |
[43:53] | This is so fucked. | 这也太操蛋了 |
[43:55] | I know, but there may be a compromise here. | 但他们或许能做些妥协 |
[43:58] | Purdue’s hinting they’d go for misdemeanors against the execs. | 普渡暗示了他们同意对高管进行轻罪处罚 |
[44:02] | Misdemeanors. | 轻罪 |
[44:03] | And the company will plead guilty to felonies | 公司会承认重罪指控 |
[44:05] | and pay a substantial fine. | 支付巨额罚款 |
[44:07] | You’d end up with a big win. | 你们还是获得了重大的胜利 |
[44:11] | Those executives belong in jail. | 这些执行总裁应该坐牢 |
[44:12] | But what happens if you indict and lose in court? | 但如果你起诉了却在法庭上败诉会怎么样 |
[44:17] | I get nothing. | 就会竹篮打水一场空 |
[44:19] | There’s a lot of risk with indicting. | 起诉会面临很多风险 |
[44:22] | Personally, I think you should take the misdemeanors | 我个人认为你应该接受轻罪指控 |
[44:24] | before Main Justice shuts it all down. | 免得司法部全部否决 |
[44:52] | Randy. | 兰迪 |
[45:00] | Sir. | 长官 |
[45:03] | We would have been happy to have come out to Roanoke. | 我们很乐意去罗诺克找您 |
[45:09] | It’s a hell of a case. | 这案子真不得了 |
[45:12] | A couple of AUSAs in a strip mall | 商业街上的几个老兵 |
[45:14] | taking on one of the wealthiest families in the country. | 挑战全国最富有的家族 |
[45:19] | Did the memo get Main Justice | 备忘录让司法部 |
[45:20] | over the finish line on felony charges? | 决定支持重罪指控吗 |
[45:24] | I don’t think it did. | 应该是没有 |
[45:26] | But there’s also a chance we go to court and lose everything. | 我们仍然可以上法庭 但可能会一败涂地 |
[45:30] | That’s why I made a deal. | 所以我达成了协议 |
[45:32] | – It’s finished then. – It is. | -那就已经结束了 -是的 |
[45:34] | All right, have a seat. | 来坐吧 |
[45:39] | So the three executives will plead to misdemeanors. | 所以这三位高管将被以轻罪起诉 |
[45:42] | Significant consequences, and there’s three years’ probation. | 后果严重 会有三年缓刑期 |
[45:44] | It’s 400 hours of community service, | 400小时的社区服务 |
[45:46] | and their careers in pharmaceuticals are effectively over. | 他们在医药界的职业生涯也会结束 |
[45:48] | – Misdemeanors. – But without felonies, we got no shot | -轻罪 -但如果不提出重罪指控 |
[45:51] | at any of them ever flipping on the Sacklers. | 我们就无法让他们反水 供出赛克勒家族了 |
[45:53] | Yeah, but at the end of the day, | 是的 但是毕竟 |
[45:54] | we’re not sure they would have. | 即使起诉重罪 也不能保证他们会 |
[45:56] | Right. | 是啊 |
[45:57] | And look, I’ll be honest with you guys. I, uh… | 我坦率地和你们讲 |
[46:00] | I think that this is about as far as Main Justice | 我认为司法部能允许我们做的 |
[46:02] | was going to let us go. | 也就是这些了 |
[46:05] | I’m sorry, sir. | 很抱歉 长官 |
[46:06] | I tried to build the case in a way that Main Justice | 我立案的初衷是认为 |
[46:09] | couldn’t just brush it under the rug. | 司法部不会善罢甘休 |
[46:11] | No, don’t apologize. You did an incredible job. | 不必道歉 你做得很好 |
[46:14] | All right, we got a hell of a lot here, | 我们已经找到了很多证据 |
[46:16] | but the company is going to plead guilty to misbranding. | 至少公司会承认违法贴假标签 |
[46:18] | We’re also gonna have a public sentencing of the executives, | 也会对他们高管进行判刑 |
[46:20] | so we can shame the ever-living shit out of them, | 足以让他们名誉扫地 |
[46:23] | create a lot of negative media attention around OxyContin. | 还给奥施康定造成了一系列负面媒体影响 |
[46:26] | Now, on the financial settlement with Purdue, | 还有 关于普渡的经济赔偿方案 |
[46:29] | they came at me again with 10 million, | 他们又提出一千万的方案 |
[46:32] | and I countered with 600 million | 而我提出了六个亿 |
[46:34] | and told them I wouldn’t budge. | 而且我说我不会让步 |
[46:37] | So where’d you land? | 最后达成了多少 |
[46:39] | 600 million. | 六个亿 |
[46:44] | Congratulations, guys. | 祝贺你们 各位 |
[46:45] | It’s one of the highest settlements ever paid | 这是这个国家有史以来制药公司 |
[46:47] | by a pharmaceutical company in the history of the country. | 支付的最高数额的和解金了 |
[46:49] | Look, it’s not everything we wanted, but it’s a big win. | 虽然我们没能得偿所愿 但也是巨大胜利了 |
[46:53] | Oh, congratulations, sir. | 祝贺您 长官 |
[46:54] | Well done. Randy, congrats. | 干得好 兰迪 祝贺你 |
[47:01] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[47:03] | I know that sometimes I have a bad habit | 我知道我有个坏习惯 |
[47:06] | of ignoring people’s feelings. | 经常忽视他人的感受 |
[47:09] | I’ve always been an outsider in this family. And my… | 我一直是家族中的局外人 我的… |
[47:15] | my personal life took a path. I… | 我的个人生活的轨迹 |
[47:19] | I didn’t expect. | 也和我期望的不同 |
[47:20] | I held a great deal of resentment | 我心中有很多怨恨 |
[47:23] | that I unfairly took out on the people around me, | 常常不公平地发泄在周围的人身上 |
[47:26] | pressures of launching the drug. | 也面临新药推出的压力 |
[47:28] | But now that it’s doing so well, | 但现在公司运转良好 |
[47:32] | it’s time I-I focus on my family | 我该专注于家庭 |
[47:35] | and-and mend some of those fences. | 修复一些关系了 |
[47:38] | – I, uh, think that’s a great idea. – I do as well. | -我觉得这是个好主意 -我也觉得 |
[47:41] | So I’m going to step down as president, | 所以我将辞去总裁职位 |
[47:46] | and I couldn’t think of a better person to take over than you. | 没有人比你更适合接替我了 |
[47:54] | Are you serious, sir? | 你是认真的吗 先生 |
[47:55] | Very serious. | 非常认真 |
[47:56] | As you know, what’s most important to the board | 你也知道 对董事会来说最重要的 |
[48:01] | is your loyalty to the family. | 是你对我们家族的忠诚 |
[48:05] | Of course, of course. | 当然 当然 |
[48:06] | And, um, you shall have it, sir. | 当然没问题 先生 |
[48:12] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[48:14] | You’re the new president of Purdue Pharma. | 你是普渡制药的新总裁了 |
[48:18] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[48:24] | Hey, uh-uh, whoa! No splashing. | 不要泼水 |
[48:32] | Yeah? | 你好 |
[48:32] | I have the chief of staff to the Deputy Attorney General. | 副总检察长的幕僚长找您 |
[48:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[48:38] | Hey, John. Sorry to call so late. | 你好 约翰 很抱歉这么晚打扰你 |
[48:40] | No, that’s fine, Mr. Elston. | 没事的 埃斯顿先生 |
[48:42] | Mike, call me Mike. | 迈克 叫我迈克就行 |
[48:44] | Okay, Mike. | 好的 迈克 |
[48:45] | Look, I know you’re supposed to sign the deal tomorrow with Purdue, | 我知道你们准备明天和普渡签协议 |
[48:49] | but Mary Jo White called. | 但玛丽·乔·怀特打电话来了 |
[48:51] | Howard Udell’s attorney. | 霍华德·尤德尔的律师吗 |
[48:52] | Correct, and she’d like to delay finalizing the plea agreement. | 是的 她希望能推迟和解协议的签署时间 |
[48:56] | She wants more time to discuss it. | 她希望能多些时间来讨论 |
[48:58] | No, no, no, no, I’m sorry. | 不不不 不好意思 |
[48:59] | The time for discussion is over. | 讨论时间已经结束了 |
[49:01] | I have a deal. | 协议已经达成 |
[49:02] | It’s not signed yet. | 反正还没有签署 |
[49:04] | No reason why you can’t keep talking with her. | 没理由不和她谈谈啊 |
[49:07] | Sorry, is this request from you | 不好意思 这是你的请求 |
[49:11] | or from the deputy attorney general? | 还是副总检察长的请求 |
[49:14] | It’s not coming from the deputy attorney general. | 这不是副总检察长的请求 |
[49:22] | Then you can go fuck yourself. | 那就去你妈的 |
[49:24] | Purdue signs tomorrow, or we go to court. | 普渡明天就签协议 不然我们就上法庭 |
[49:32] | I’ve been getting a lot of tips on other pharma cases. | 我最近收到了很多其他制药公司的线索 |
[49:37] | I’m thinking maybe we ought to find another Purdue to go after. | 或许我们可以找到另一家普渡去追查 |
[49:40] | What’s the point? | 又有什么意义呢 |
[49:43] | To get the bad guys again. | 再抓住一些坏人 |
[49:45] | Did we get ’em? | 我们抓住他们了吗 |
[49:46] | Purdue’s just gonna keep on selling. | 普渡还是会继续卖药 |
[49:50] | The field’s just so compromised with the government. | 政府在这一领域有太多官商勾结 |
[49:53] | Well, gentlemen, here you have it, | 先生们 我们拿到了 |
[49:57] | a signed guilty plea deal | 签署完成的认罪协议 |
[49:59] | from your friends and neighbors at Purdue Pharma. | 来自普渡制药的好朋友和好邻居们 |
[50:01] | 美国联邦区法院致西弗吉尼亚阿宾顿法院 美国检方诉保罗·D·戈登海姆 认罪协议 | |
[50:06] | What were they like when they signed? | 他们签的时候是什么样 |
[50:08] | Quiet, solemn. | 安静 严肃 |
[50:11] | How brave. | 多么勇敢啊 |
[50:13] | I still can’t believe Main Justice tried | 我还是不敢相信司法部 |
[50:15] | to shut it down the last second. | 居然在最后一刻试图阻挠案件 |
[50:17] | I can. | 我想到了 |
[50:20] | Thank you for pushing back. | 谢谢你的坚持 |
[50:23] | I mean, I had to. | 我别无选择 |
[50:24] | Needed to stop, or who knows what could’ve happened? | 得有人阻止他们 不然谁知道以后会怎样 |
[50:28] | Um, sir, can I speak to you? | 能打扰您一下吗 |
[50:29] | There’s an urgent issue. | 有一些急事 |
[50:31] | Uh, go ahead. | 说吧 |
[50:32] | You can tell me in front of these guys. | 可以当着他们面说 |
[50:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[50:36] | A memo leaked from the attorney general’s office | 从总检察长那泄露出一份备忘录 |
[50:38] | of a list of U.S. Attorneys to be fired. | 有一批检察官要被开除 |
[50:40] | There’s gonna be a wave of firings. | 会有很多人被裁员 |
[50:45] | Am I on the list? | 我在名单上吗 |
[50:46] | I’m afraid so, sir, yes. | 恐怕是的 长官 |
[50:57] | I’m sorry, sir. | 很抱歉 长官 |
[51:07] | Reject the plea! Reject the plea! | 驳回认罪协议 驳回认罪协议 |
[51:08] | 惩罚骗子 你对我们的家人做了什么 不为我们的孩子们付出代价吗 | |
[51:10] | Reject the plea! | 驳回认罪协议 |
[51:11] | We are live at the Abingdon courthouse | 我们现在在阿宾顿法院外为您直播 |
[51:13] | for the sentencing hearing of three Purdue Pharma executives | 今天普渡制药的三位高管将为他们在 |
[51:16] | for their role in criminally misbranding | 奥施康定违法贴假标签一案中的 |
[51:18] | their drug OxyContin. | 所作所为进行量刑听审会 |
[51:20] | Now, there are a number of protesters here | 有很多抗议者聚集在这里 |
[51:22] | – who want the plea deal rejected, – Reject the plea! | -希望认罪协议被驳回 -驳回协议 |
[51:24] | enraged none of the executives would go to prison. | 因高管们无人入狱而愤怒抗议 |
[51:38] | Reject the plea! Reject the plea! | 驳回认罪协议 驳回认罪协议 |
[51:41] | Do you feel your placement on the U.S. Attorney firing list | 你觉得你的名字上了检察官裁员名单 |
[51:44] | is because of your involvement on this case? | 是因为你参与了这起案件吗 |
[51:46] | You know, I don’t know. I don’t know why I was on the list. | 我不知道 不知道自己为什么在名单上 |
[51:48] | Do you feel vindicated since you weren’t ultimately fired? | 你最终没被解雇 那你觉得自己是对的吗 |
[51:51] | Well, today, today is not about me. | 今天的重点不是我 |
[51:54] | It’s about the people here | 重要的是这些人 |
[51:56] | and having their voices be heard. | 他们的声音应该被听到 |
[51:58] | My grandson Brian is here in the courtroom with me today. | 我的孙子布赖恩今天和我一同来到了法庭 |
[52:02] | He lost his mother to your horrible drug | 他因为你们那可怕的药失去了自己的妈妈 |
[52:06] | when he was only six years old. | 他那时只有六岁 |
[52:09] | And I wanted him here so he could see | 我今天带他来 是想让他知道 |
[52:11] | that bad things do happen to bad people. | 恶人有恶报 |
[52:16] | You are sheer evil. | 你们是彻头彻尾的大恶魔 |
[52:19] | The first time that I heard the word OxyContin, | 我第一次听说奥施康定时 |
[52:24] | my 18 years old honor student son was dead from it | 是我那18岁品学兼优的儿子在一次聚会时 |
[52:27] | after taking it at a party. | 服用这种药物而死去 |
[52:31] | You are nothing more than corporate drug lords. | 你们就是企业级的大毒枭 |
[52:34] | You have killed and continue to kill our future of tomorrow. | 你们已经 并且还将继续扼杀我们的未来 |
[52:37] | And you killed my son and so many others. | 你们杀了我儿子 还有很多人 |
[52:40] | I know you don’t care about what happened to our children. | 我知道你们不在乎我们的孩子发生了什么 |
[52:45] | But what if it was your son or daughter | 但如果你们在停尸房中看到的 |
[52:48] | you saw in the morgue? | 是自己的儿子或女儿呢 |
[52:52] | Would you care then? | 那样你们会在乎吗 |
[52:53] | On May 1st, the year 2003, | 2003年5月1日 |
[52:57] | my husband and I lost our only son, | 我的丈夫和我失去了我们18岁的独子 |
[53:00] | an 18 year old son named Randall, | 他的名字是兰道尔 |
[53:02] | to an accidental overdose of OxyContin. | 因不慎过量服用奥施康定而死 |
[53:07] | Right before this happened, | 就在此事发生前 |
[53:09] | he was getting ready to go to college. | 他正准备去上大学 |
[53:12] | We ended up using his prepaid college | 我们用他的预付学费 |
[53:15] | to pay for his funeral. | 为他的葬礼付了费 |
[53:38] | These are his ashes. | 这是他的骨灰 |
[53:46] | This is from your drug. | 就因为你们的药 |
[53:54] | This is what you did to him. | 你们让他变成了这样 |
[54:03] | Now he’s here in the courtroom. | 现在他来到了法庭上 |
[54:14] | Reject the plea deal! | 驳回认罪协议 |
[54:17] | Money means nothing to them! | 钱对他们来说毫无意义 |
[54:20] | Let the punishment fit the crime. | 让他们受到法律的制裁 |
[54:23] | Reject the plea. | 驳回认罪协议 |
[54:26] | Reject the plea. | 驳回认罪协议 |
[54:29] | Reject the plea! | 驳回认罪协议 |
[54:30] | Order, order in the court! | 肃静 请法庭肃静 |
[54:33] | Order, order! | 肃静 肃静 |
[54:38] | The lack of incarceration in this case, to me, | 对我来说 这份认罪协议中没有涉及到监禁 |
[54:41] | is the most difficult aspect of the plea agreements. | 的确是最让人难以接受的部分 |
[54:45] | And I must confess it bothers me. | 我必须承认 这让我很困扰 |
[54:49] | And I have studied this case for many months. | 我已经研究了这起案件数月之久 |
[54:55] | However, I have concluded | 但是 我认为 |
[54:56] | that the plea agreements should be accepted. | 认罪协议应该被接受 |
[55:01] | While I understand this may not be a popular decision, | 我理解这一决定可能会招致反对 |
[55:05] | it is my job to follow the law. | 但我的工作是遵循法律 |
[55:09] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[55:12] | The first thing you tell your doctors | 你必须告诉医生们的第一件事 |
[55:13] | is that the settlement was grossly unfair. | 就是这份和解协议极其不公 |
[55:19] | These execs didn’t have anything to do | 这些高管和他们被指控的罪名 |
[55:21] | with what they were charged with. | 毫无关系 |
[55:22] | It was a few bad apples we fired years ago. | 是一些几年前就被开除的害群之马干的 |
[55:26] | What’s most important is, | 最重要的是 |
[55:27] | you keep selling aggressively as possible. | 你要继续大力推销 |
[55:30] | This isn’t a time for caution. | 现在不是小心谨慎的时候 |
[55:32] | I’m going to fly down there next week. | 我下周会飞过去 |
[55:35] | I will personally visit doctors with you. | 我会亲自陪你见医生 |
[55:37] | You need to push higher doses for longer periods of time. | 你得大力推销更高剂量 延长用药时间 |
[55:42] | You have to get these doctors to keep prescribing. | 你必须让那些医生继续开处方 |
[55:46] | Sell, sell, sell. | 继续卖 卖 卖 |
[55:52] | Well, thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[55:53] | We’re going to look into that. I appreciate it, bye-bye. | 我们会研究一下的 谢谢 再见 |
[55:59] | Hey, so… | 你好 |
[56:04] | You okay, boss? | 你还好吗 老大 |
[56:06] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[56:09] | Well, I know you’re not gonna be over the Moon | 我知道你现在可能没有什么心情 |
[56:12] | at the prospect of another pharma case, | 再关心其他药企的案子 |
[56:14] | but I just got some interesting intel on Abbott Labs. | 但我有关于雅培实验室的一些有意思的线索 |
[56:17] | They got a drug called Depakote. | 他们有一种药物叫丙戊酸钠 |
[56:19] | It’s an antiepileptic medication, | 是一种抗癫痫类药物 |
[56:21] | and supposedly they have been targeting nursing homes. | 据说他们瞄准了养老院 |
[56:24] | Why don’t you give it to the Eastern District? | 让东区的人去办吧 |
[56:25] | We don’t need to go down that rabbit hole again. | 我们不能重蹈覆辙了 |
[56:39] | You think maybe you ought to take a couple of weeks off? | 你觉得自己是不是应该休假几周 |
[56:42] | You know, recharge a bit. | 恢复些精神 |
[56:44] | Randy, I’m okay. | 兰迪 我没事 |
[56:48] | You guys have a visitor. | 你们有访客 |
[56:56] | I brought sparkling cider. | 我带来了起泡苹果酒 |
[56:58] | I remembered you guys were a couple pussies that don’t drink. | 我记得你们是一群娘炮 不敢喝酒 |
[57:03] | I know you were hoping to never see me again, | 我知道你们希望永远别再见到我 |
[57:05] | but I really wanted to toast to you guys | 但我真的很想敬你们一杯 |
[57:09] | for staying the course. | 为了你们的坚持 |
[57:11] | Nothing’s gonna change. | 但我们什么都没改变 |
[57:12] | They’ll just keep selling as hard as they can. | 他们还是会继续大力销售药物 |
[57:15] | Yes, but you dealt the first blow, | 是的 但你们开了第一枪 |
[57:20] | and now there’s convictions | 现在有了定罪的先例 |
[57:22] | and a legal record of their crimes. | 他们的犯罪行为也有了法庭记录 |
[57:25] | It’s an important achievement | 这是一项重要的成就 |
[57:27] | that people will be able to use to build future cases on. | 以后人们也能以此为依据而立案 |
[57:30] | I worked in D.C. for years, | 我在华盛顿特区工作了多年 |
[57:32] | and I always knew it could go down this way, | 我总有预感事情会变成这样 |
[57:36] | but given the facts, I don’t know, I had to try. | 但鉴于这事的恶劣性 我必须放手一试 |
[57:41] | Cheers to that. | 为此干杯 |
[57:43] | Here’s to the ones who fight the battles, | 敬那些努力战斗的人们 |
[57:46] | even if they don’t win the war. | 即使他们最终没有赢得胜利 |
[57:49] | – Okay. – Hear, hear. | -好的 -好的 |
[57:59] | So what are you guys up to next? | 你们接下来有什么打算 |
[58:06] | We have another pharma case we’re looking into. | 我们还有另一起药企案件要调查 |
[58:12] | I… | 我… |
[58:15] | I really can’t | 我真的无法 |
[58:18] | thank you enough for bringing this case. | 无法形容我多么感激你们的坚持 |
[58:22] | I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[58:27] | I don’t know if I’d ever sleep | 我不知道如果赛克勒家族没被曝光 |
[58:28] | if the Sacklers hadn’t been publicly exposed. | 我每晚要如何入眠 |
[58:33] | And they will someday go down. | 他们总有一天会垮台 |
[58:38] | I know this in my heart. | 我心里知道这点 |
[58:42] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[58:48] | – 400,000 deaths! – 400,000 deaths! | -40万人死亡 -40万人死亡 |
[58:52] | Under pressure from protests led by artist Nan Goldin, | 在艺术家南·戈丁发起的抗议带来的压力下 |
[58:55] | major museums are refusing to accept future donations | 各大博物馆纷纷开始拒绝接受 |
[58:56] | 贪婪者杀人 谁从奥施康定成瘾中获利 | |
[58:58] | from the Sackler family. | 赛克勒家族的未来捐助 |
[59:00] | Louvre Museum in Paris has become the first major institution | 巴黎的卢浮宫率先垂范 成为了第一家 |
[59:04] | to remove the Sackler family name from plaques. | 将赛克勒家族从纪念牌上除名的大型机构 |
[59:07] | I lost my sister in this epidemic, and | 我在这场成瘾风波中失去了姐妹 |
[59:09] | so this is like a really great win for us. | 这对我们来说真的是很大的胜利 |
[59:12] | Members of the Sackler family are moving out of New York City | 赛克勒家族的成员搬离了纽约 |
[59:13] | 赛克勒家族成员被围堵 卖掉上东区豪宅 从纽约逃往欧洲 | |
[59:15] | after being publicly shamed | 在因他们家族引发了 |
[59:16] | as a family that originated the opioid crisis. | 阿片类药物成瘾危机 成为众矢之的 |
[59:18] | 《名利场》 赛克勒家族纽约驱逐行动仍在进行中 | |
[59:20] | This morning, my office filed a lawsuit | 今天上午 我们办公室在马萨诸塞州法院 |
[59:22] | in Massachusetts State Court against Purdue Pharma… | 对普渡制药发起公诉 |
[59:26] | For fueling the nation’s opioid epidemic… | 因他们引发了全国性的类鸦片药物流行 |
[59:28] | By knowingly deceiving doctors and the public. | 他们有意欺骗医生和公众 |
[59:30] | Attorney generals in over 25 states | 超过25个州的总检察官 |
[59:32] | have brought class action suits against Purdue Pharma. | 针对普渡制药提出了集体诉讼 |
[59:36] | David Sackler and Dr. Kathe Sackler | 大卫·赛克勒和凯茜·赛克勒博士 |
[59:39] | recently went public to defend the family’s actions, | 最近露面为家族行为辩护 |
[59:42] | testifying remotely at a Congressional hearing. | 在国会听证会上远程作证 |
[59:45] | You knew that it was too potent, | 你明知道它过于强效 |
[59:49] | and you did nothing about it as a family. | 而且你作为家庭成员却毫无作为 |
[59:51] | You have created a nationwide epidemic. | 你们造成了全国性的大流行 |
[59:54] | You and your family are addicted to money. | 你和你的家人们利欲熏心 |
[59:56] | I’m not sure that I’m aware of any family | 我不知道美国还有没有 |
[59:58] | in America that’s more evil than yours. | 比你们更邪恶的家族 |
[1:00:02] | There is nothing that I can find | 我没有任何办法 |
[1:00:04] | that I would have done differently. | 能做出改变 |
[1:00:07] | Late today, a federal bankruptcy judge | 今天晚些时候 一位联邦破产案法官 |
[1:00:09] | gave conditional approval to a multi-billion dollar plan | 有条件地批准了一项数十亿美元的计划 |
[1:00:12] | to settle lawsuits against Purdue Pharma. | 以解决对普渡制药的诉讼 |
[1:00:14] | 重组计划 赛克勒家族 交出所有权 上交超过3000万份文件 付出45个亿 | |
[1:00:15] | The Sackler family will forfeit ownership of Purdue Pharma, | 赛克勒家族将会交出普渡制药的所有权 |
[1:00:18] | turn over 30 million documents, and pay $4.5 billion. | 上交超过3000万份文件 付45个亿 |
[1:00:22] | In return, the Sacklers cannot be sued. | 作为回报 赛克勒家的人不会被起诉 |
[1:00:25] | This process was stacked from beginning. | 这一过程从一开始就被计划好了 |
[1:00:28] | They knew that the Sacklers were betting | 他们知道赛克勒家族的赌注就押在 |
[1:00:30] | on a broken bankruptcy system | 这个充满漏洞的破产体系上 |
[1:00:32] | that would allow them to use the bankruptcy of the company | 他们可以利用普渡制药这家公司的破产 |
[1:00:35] | of Purdue Pharma to shield themselves. | 以让自己全身而退 |
[1:00:37] | Let’s be clear, the Sacklers are not bankrupt. | 说得更清楚些 赛克勒家族可没有破产 |
[1:00:40] | As far as I can tell, no Sackler will have to sell a boat, | 就我所知 赛克勒家没有人需要卖出游艇 |
[1:00:44] | or a house, or a piece of art. | 或豪宅 或艺术品 |
[1:00:48] | – Dr. Finnix. – Yeah. | -芬尼克斯医生 -我在 |
[1:00:49] | I need you to sign these prescriptions for Suboxone. | 我需要你签一下这些开苏博酮的处方 |
[1:00:51] | – Yes, ma’am. – And you’ve got group in ten minutes. | -好的 女士 -十分钟后还有小组会面 |
[1:00:53] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:00:55] | After group, you’ve got individual patients until 6:00 p.m., | 小组会面之后 在下午六点之前都有患者 |
[1:00:59] | and then you have to attend that fundraiser at 8:00 p.m. | 之后在八点钟要参加筹款活动 |
[1:01:02] | Oh, I hate those. | 我讨厌那些 |
[1:01:03] | I hate asking people for money. | 我讨厌向人们要钱 |
[1:01:05] | You want to keep the lights on, don’t you? | 你总不希望这地方因为缺钱停电吧 |
[1:01:06] | Yeah, you’re right. You’re always right. | 是啊 你说得对 你永远都是对的 |
[1:01:10] | You know, what’s so important about these group sessions is | 小组会面最重要的一点 |
[1:01:14] | the chance to connect. | 就是让我们彼此之间产生联系 |
[1:01:16] | Addiction does the exact opposite | 成瘾完全就是摧毁 |
[1:01:19] | of what connection does, right? | 人与人之间的联系 对吧 |
[1:01:21] | Addiction tears apart. | 成瘾毁掉我们 |
[1:01:24] | It tears apart friendships. It tears apart marriages. | 毁掉友谊 毁掉婚姻 |
[1:01:30] | It’ll tear apart a family, tear apart a whole community. | 毁掉家庭 甚至是整个社区 |
[1:01:34] | Part of the reason we relapse | 我们复吸的一部分原因 |
[1:01:38] | is because of pain. | 是因为痛苦 |
[1:01:43] | There’s some kind of pain that’s in a lot of us, | 有些痛对我们大多数人 |
[1:01:47] | or all of us, | 或所有人来说 |
[1:01:50] | we just don’t want to feel anymore. | 我们都不愿再承受了 |
[1:01:53] | And further we fall into addiction, | 我们陷入毒瘾越深 |
[1:01:59] | pain says to us, hell, | 痛苦告诉我们 |
[1:02:05] | we’d better off just feeling nothing at all. | 我们最好什么都不要感受到 |
[1:02:10] | So we go numb. | 所以我们变得麻木 |
[1:02:14] | And our souls go numb. | 我们的灵魂也麻木了 |
[1:02:18] | Now we’ve got a real problem. | 现在真正的麻烦来了 |
[1:02:22] | You know, pain is just pain. | 痛就是痛 |
[1:02:27] | Not good, not bad, | 不好 也不坏 |
[1:02:29] | just part of being a human being. | 只是身为人必须经历的一部分 |
[1:02:33] | And sometimes, good can come out of it. | 有时 我们也会从中获益 |
[1:02:37] | And if we’re brave enough | 如果我们能足够勇敢 |
[1:02:39] | and willing to go a little deeper, | 愿意付出更多 |
[1:02:42] | work our way through it, | 一步步走困境 |
[1:02:46] | and try to overcome it, | 努力克服疼痛 |
[1:02:50] | well, | 这样 |
[1:02:53] | we just might find our better selves. | 我们或许会发现更好的自己 |