时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | How many times have y’all been to rehab? | 你们都来康复中心多少次了 |
[00:03] | I’m just worried maybe it doesn’t work. | 我只是担心来这里可能没用 |
[00:04] | Have you thought about methadone? It’s worth a shot. | 你考虑过用美沙酮吗 值得一试 |
[00:06] | The FDA would take action against OxyContin | 但如果有人证明按处方服用奥施康定 |
[00:09] | if the drug was shown to be unsafe when used as prescribed. | 也不安全 我们就会对其采取措施 |
[00:09] | 死于服药过量的总人数 464 因吸食 咀嚼或注射药物致死的总人数 12 按指示口服奥施康定致死的总人数 452 | |
[00:12] | You think we’ll be shut down by the higher ups? | 我们会被上面摁住吗 |
[00:13] | We start charging individuals with felonies, | 如果我们要起诉个人犯有重罪 |
[00:15] | we need the kill shot. | 我们就得一击致命 |
[00:17] | Have you spoken to Curtis? | 你们找过柯蒂斯吗 |
[00:18] | Is he still the review officer? | 他还是审核官吗 |
[00:20] | Two years after the drug hits the market, | 药品上市两年后 |
[00:21] | Curtis Wright ends up at Purdue Pharma. | 柯蒂斯·莱特去了普渡制药 |
[00:23] | You’re kidding me. | 开玩笑吧 |
[00:24] | “Time Magazine’s” Man of the Year, | 《时代》杂志的年度人物 |
[00:25] | Mayor Rudy Giuliani. | 鲁迪·朱利亚尼市长 |
[00:26] | I just started a new firm and I represent Purdue Pharma. | 我刚开了一家新的律所 我代理普渡制药 |
[00:30] | I’m not obsessed with work, | 我没有沉迷于工作 |
[00:31] | I’m just trying to prevent mass deaths | 我只是想阻止 |
[00:33] | from occurring across the country. | 全国范围内的大规模死亡 |
[00:34] | You got any Oxy? I’m in real bad shape. | 你有奥施康定吗 我糟透了 |
[00:36] | I got some H. | 我有海洛因 |
[00:37] | It’s way cheaper and it’s way better. | 便宜得多 爽得多 |
[00:58] | Do you, Arthur Sackler, solemnly swear | 亚瑟·赛克勒 你能庄严宣誓 |
[01:01] | the testimony you give for this Finnix Committee | 你给出的有关芬尼克斯委员会的证词 |
[01:04] | will be the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? | 全为事实 绝无虚言 愿上帝保佑你 |
[01:09] | I do. | 我宣誓 |
[01:10] | The Sackler empire is completely integrated. | 赛克勒商业帝国的产业链非常完善 |
[01:14] | It can devise a new drug in its development enterprise, | 可以在研发公司进行新药品研发 |
[01:18] | have the drug clinically tested, | 进行药品的临床实验 |
[01:20] | then secure favorable reports on it from various hospitals | 然后从多家与他们有联系的医院获得 |
[01:23] | where they have connections. | 对临床实验结果有利的报告 |
[01:25] | Your company makes false and grandiose claims | 你的公司引用一些医生的评价 |
[01:30] | about products you advertise using quotes from doctors | 对打广告的产品进行夸大不实的宣传 |
[01:34] | that are, in actuality, on your own payroll, | 而这些医生实际上受雇于 |
[01:37] | hidden through a series of shell companies | 你或你的家庭成员 |
[01:40] | you or your family members secretly control. | 秘密掌控的一系列空壳公司 |
[01:44] | Senator, my company is | 议员 我的公司是 |
[01:46] | an ethical pharmaceutical advertising organization | 一家有道义的处方医药广告公司 |
[01:50] | working in prescription drugs | 致力于推广处方药 |
[01:53] | and materials produced primarily for physicians. | 主要为医生而制造的医疗物资 |
[01:56] | We continue to operate on the basis | 我们的经营理念一直是 |
[01:58] | that good, ethical pharmaceutical advertising | 优秀 合乎道义的处方医药广告 |
[02:02] | plays a positive role in advancing the health of the community. | 有利于提升社区健康 |
[02:11] | I have a very, very high regard for Purdue Pharma | 我非常尊重普渡制药 |
[02:15] | and its employees from my district | 和来自我选区的贵司员工 |
[02:17] | who work very, very hard to produce quality products. | 他们都在非常努力地制造高品质的药品 |
[02:20] | Now, the drug OxyContin has become vital | 如今这款叫作奥施康定的药品对于 |
[02:23] | to people suffering with chronic | 患有慢性病和因疼痛 |
[02:24] | and debilitating pain. | 而日渐衰弱的人来说必不可少 |
[02:26] | Now, let me ask Dr. Van Zee, and I quote here, | 让我来问问范西医生 这里我引用 |
[02:29] | “Conventional wisdom says that if a drug is widely available, | “传统观念认为如果一项药品得到广泛普及 |
[02:33] | it will become widely abused.” | 它将被广泛地滥用” |
[02:35] | Is there any more to this than that? | 这说法有什么支持论据吗 |
[02:38] | Senator Dodd, that is an old medical adage. | 多德议员 那是个老的医学谚语 |
[02:42] | One of those Appalachian things? | 阿帕拉契亚地区的谚语吗 |
[02:46] | No, it’s a national adage. | 不 是全国通用的谚语 |
[02:49] | I would say by extension, if you have an abuseable drug | 引申来说 如果让一款能被滥用的药品 |
[02:53] | that is widely available, it will be widely abused. | 广泛普及 那它一定会被广泛滥用 |
[02:57] | In the 25 years I have practiced medicine | 我在阿帕拉契亚小镇 |
[03:00] | in my small Appalachian town, | 从医的25年内 |
[03:02] | there has never been anything to compare | 从没出现过像奥施康定这样 |
[03:04] | to the epidemic of drug abuse and addiction like OxyContin. | 如此泛滥的药物滥用和上瘾现象 |
[03:22] | If you see this girl, | 你要是见到这个女孩 |
[03:24] | just give a call at that number below. | 请打下面的这个电话 |
[03:25] | There’s a reward. | 会有奖励 |
[03:27] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[03:28] | I’m trying to find my daughter, Betsy Mallum. | 我在找我的女儿 贝琪·马勒穆 |
[03:31] | Have you seen her? | 你见到过她吗 |
[03:34] | Please, tell her we’re not mad, we’re just real worried. | 拜托告诉她我们不生她的气 我们真的很担心 |
[03:43] | I know where she is. | 我知道她在哪 |
[04:02] | Betsy. | 贝琪 |
[04:04] | Betsy. | 贝琪 |
[04:06] | Betsy, Betsy. It’s Mama. | 贝琪 贝琪 是妈妈 |
[04:10] | – Hon. – Mom. | -宝贝 -妈妈 |
[04:12] | I’m here, I’m here. Betsy? | 我来了 我来了 贝琪 |
[04:17] | – I want to go home. – Okay. | -我想回家 -好 |
[04:22] | I never hated myself more | 我最恨自己的时刻 |
[04:23] | than when I agreed to get arrest reports. | 莫过于当我同意取得逮捕报告时 |
[04:27] | Some of my former patients. | 一些我以前的病患 |
[04:29] | Some of them I had delivered as babies. | 其中一些我曾经接生过他们 |
[04:33] | The shame and the guilt I felt– | 我所感到的羞愧和罪恶感… |
[04:34] | Okay, you know what, I’m gonna stop you right there, Sam. | 好了 我得在此打断你 塞缪尔 |
[04:38] | Sam, can you tell me how many babies you delivered over the years? | 塞缪尔 你能告诉我你这些年接生过多少婴儿吗 |
[04:41] | 214. | 214个 |
[04:44] | – 214, wow. – Yep, 214. | -214个 -是的 214个 |
[04:46] | In those days, you know, you had to do it all. | 那时候 你知道的 什么都得干 |
[04:48] | Well, that must’ve been wonderful. | 那肯定是很棒的体验 |
[04:50] | – Yeah. – Right? | -是啊 -对吗 |
[04:51] | Helping all those parents? All the pain and anxiety? | 帮助那些父母 缓解他们的痛苦和焦虑 |
[04:55] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:56] | Delivering their children. | 接生他们的孩子 |
[04:58] | And unlike most city doctors, | 不像大多数城里的医生 |
[05:02] | you get to watch them grow up. | 你得以见证他们成长 |
[05:04] | – Yep. -Yep. | -是的 -是啊 |
[05:08] | You’ve made some mistakes. | 你犯了些错 |
[05:11] | But you’ve done some wonderful things, too. | 但你也做了一些很伟大的事情 |
[05:17] | Next session, I want you to journal about, | 下次疗程 我希望你写篇 |
[05:19] | uh, what it feels like to deliver a baby. | 接生婴儿是什么样感受的文章 |
[05:23] | Yeah? | 好吗 |
[05:25] | And I want you to focus on the positive things that you did. | 还有我希望你关注你所做过的好事 |
[05:29] | We already know about all your regrets. | 我们已经知道了你的所有悔恨 |
[05:32] | I want to hear about these births. | 我想听听这些新生命的故事 |
[05:39] | Samuel? | 塞缪尔 |
[05:40] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[05:52] | The Sackler Center for Arts Education | 赛克勒艺术教育中心 |
[05:55] | is one of the most satisfying things | 是我们家族参与过 |
[05:57] | that our family has been part of. | 最得意的事情之一 |
[05:58] | I want to thank my brother, Raymond, | 我想感谢我弟弟 雷蒙德 |
[05:59] | for being here tonight to celebrate the great work | 今晚来此庆祝这一伟大项目 |
[06:03] | and the next generation of artists. | 以及下一代的艺术家们 |
[06:06] | What’s the status with the children’s OxyContin? | 儿童服用的奥施康定现在处于什么阶段了 |
[06:11] | Still in development, but coming along nicely. | 还在研发中 但进展良好 |
[06:14] | Hey, cuz. | 堂哥 |
[06:15] | Hey, congratulations on another great year. | 恭喜又是丰收的一年 |
[06:17] | Sales keep going up. | 销量节节攀升 |
[06:20] | Yes, David, it’s going well. | 是啊 大卫 一切都很顺利 |
[06:22] | So a few of us were thinking of buying a ski resort company. | 我们有些人在考虑买一家滑雪度假村的公司 |
[06:26] | They’ve got amazing slopes all over the country. | 他们在全国各地都有很棒的雪山 |
[06:28] | And I know how much you love to ski, so– | 我也知道你有多喜欢滑雪 所以… |
[06:29] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[06:30] | I–I–I have to take this, but yes, yes, I’m very interested. | 我…我得接个电话 但没错 我很感兴趣 |
[06:37] | Curtis? Tell me. | 柯蒂斯 你说吧 |
[06:41] | It’s bad, Dr. Richards. | 坏消息 理查德博士 |
[06:44] | My intel is from inside the FDA | 我的线人来自药监局内部 |
[06:46] | and they plan on reviewing | 他们准备审核 |
[06:47] | the wording of the OxyContin label. | 奥施康定标签的措辞 |
[06:49] | And it’s very likely they’re gonna change it. | 而且很可能他们会换掉它 |
[06:52] | – Fuck. – Oh, my God. | -该死 -天呐 |
[06:53] | But why would the FDA change our warning label out of the blue? | 但为什么药监局会突然换掉我们的警示标签 |
[06:58] | – Oh, please. – That’s enough. | -拜托 -够了 |
[07:00] | Your son is the only one unaware | 你儿子是唯一一个没意识到 |
[07:03] | that his drug is a national punching bag. | 他卖的药品是全民抵制的对象 |
[07:06] | God damn it, Curtis, we brought you in from the FDA | 该死 柯蒂斯 我们把你从药监局挖来 |
[07:09] | to make sure things like this didn’t happen. | 就是确保不会出现这种情况 |
[07:13] | – That’s right. – Look, look, Rich. | -没错 -听我说 理查 |
[07:14] | Dr. Richard. | 理查德博士 |
[07:16] | The press war that woman at the DEA started has had some effect. | 缉毒署那位女士开始的舆论战造成了一些影响 |
[07:19] | There’s just too much bad publicity about the drug | 有太多关于这个药品的负面新闻 |
[07:22] | and the FDA needs to take action. | 所以药监局必须采取行动 |
[07:24] | Curtis, are there any concessions we can offer | 柯蒂斯 我们能做出什么让步 |
[07:27] | that will prevent them from changing the label? | 来避免他们换掉标签 |
[07:28] | Here’s an idea. | 我有个想法 |
[07:29] | What if we tell them we’ll pull the 160? | 如果我们说下架160毫克药片呢 |
[07:32] | – We have invested– – We can try. | -我们已经投入了… -我们可以试试 |
[07:34] | But I think our best bet is to see | 但我认为我们最好的选择是 |
[07:37] | if we can work out new language with them. | 看看能否想出什么新的标签措辞 |
[07:39] | L-like the first time. | 就像第一次 |
[07:41] | The wording may not be as beneficial, | 措辞也许没有之前那么有利 |
[07:42] | but hopefully will minimize the damage. | 不过但愿能最小化我们的损失 |
[07:45] | If we have to give up “addiction is rare,” | 如果我们必须去掉”不易上瘾” |
[07:47] | sales will plummet. | 销量会骤降 |
[07:49] | Let’s send a delegation to meet with the FDA. | 我们派一个代表团去见见药监局的人 |
[07:51] | I’m sure there are ways we can aid them | 我相信我们有办法帮他们 |
[07:54] | in rewriting this new label. | 重新拟定新标签 |
[08:01] | 通话记录 每个州关于滥用的通报情况 | |
[08:03] | The good news is the misbranding case is open and shut. | 好消息是违法贴假标签的罪名已经坐实 |
[08:07] | Everything we’ve compiled shows | 我们收集的所有证据表明 |
[08:09] | that Purdue systemically oversold the benefits | 普渡系统性地夸大奥施康定的效果 |
[08:12] | and trivialized the risks of OxyContin. | 却对其危害轻描淡写 |
[08:14] | But it doesn’t put us over the finish line | 但这没法让我们获得最终胜利 |
[08:15] | ’cause we still haven’t charged individuals at the top, | 因为我们还没以个人名义对高层提起诉讼 |
[08:19] | and putting executives into jail | 并让高管去坐牢 |
[08:21] | is truly the most effective way | 这才是震慑企业 |
[08:23] | of deterring companies from this type of behavior. | 避免他们做出类似行为最切实有效的方法 |
[08:25] | You can fine a company, but you can’t put it in jail. | 你可以对公司罚款 但不能把它送进监狱 |
[08:28] | Because a company feels no pain. | 因为公司感受不到痛苦 |
[08:31] | I want Purdue to feel some pain, | 我想让普渡制药感受到痛苦 |
[08:33] | so let’s make a final push. | 所以我们再最后加把劲 |
[08:35] | Let’s shake every tree. | 我们去刨根究底 |
[08:36] | Financial records, call notes, | 财务记录 推销记录 |
[08:39] | applications, marketing materials. | 申请单 营销材料 |
[08:41] | See if we can find some hard evidence | 看看我们能否找到对那些高管 |
[08:43] | against top executives. | 不利的切实证据 |
[08:45] | Let’s go out there and do it. All right. | 大家都去吧 |
[08:50] | Morning, Ms. Moles. | 早上好 摩尔斯女士 |
[08:52] | It’s Randy Ramseyer, U.S. Attorney’s Office Abingdon. | 我是兰迪·拉姆塞尔 美国阿宾顿检察官 |
[08:55] | We talked about four years ago. | 我们四年前谈过话 |
[08:57] | Sorry, I’m late for work. | 抱歉 我上班迟到了 |
[08:59] | Oh, should we talk at the FDA instead? | 那我们不如去药监局谈 |
[09:02] | I had a couple questions about Curtis Wright, | 我有几个关于柯蒂斯·莱特的问题要问你 |
[09:04] | specifically the OxyContin label that he approved. | 尤其是关于他通过的奥施康定标签 |
[09:09] | You know, actually, | 你知道吗 事实上 |
[09:10] | we got a bunch of unanswered questions | 我们有一堆未解之谜 |
[09:12] | and we’re not afraid to open up our investigation | 我们不怕对柯蒂斯·莱特以外的个人 |
[09:14] | to individuals beyond Curtis Wright. | 展开调查 |
[09:16] | You’re referring to me? | 你是指我吗 |
[09:17] | I’m referring to anybody at the FDA | 我是指在药监局 |
[09:18] | who played a part in that approval process, ma’am. | 任何参与了审核通过流程的人 女士 |
[09:21] | We got Purdue sales reps using that warning label | 我们发现普渡的药代表用那个警示标签 |
[09:24] | to sell OxyContin as basically nonaddictive. | 将奥施康定作为基本不上瘾的药物销售 |
[09:27] | And the guy that approved it went from working at the FDA | 而通过这个警示标签的人从药监局 |
[09:30] | to working for Purdue Pharma for $379,000 a year. | 以每年37万9千美金的高薪跳槽到普渡制药 |
[09:34] | I mean, it looks to me like | 在我看来 |
[09:36] | he sold out the health of the nation. | 他出卖了整个国家的健康 |
[09:38] | And I just need to know | 而我只想知道 |
[09:40] | if he was promised a job for that approval. | 他是否被承诺了这个职位 以换取通过标签审核 |
[09:42] | I have no idea. I wasn’t part of that process. | 我不知道 我不负责那个标签 |
[09:45] | Now, I have to go to work. | 现在我得去上班了 |
[09:50] | A few years ago, I had cancer. | 几年前 我患了癌症 |
[09:51] | And I’m fine now, but at the time, | 我现在没事了 但在当时 |
[09:54] | when I was in the hospital, | 我住院的时候 |
[09:55] | well, I very easily could’ve become addicted to Oxy. | 我很可能会对奥施康定上瘾 |
[09:58] | And it wouldn’t have been the disease that killed me, | 那害死我的就不是疾病 |
[10:00] | it would’ve been my medication. | 而是我的药物 |
[10:04] | I got lucky. | 我很幸运 |
[10:05] | I just want you to think of all the kids | 但我希望你想一想那些 |
[10:06] | that are not getting lucky. | 没那么幸运的孩子们 |
[10:11] | My, uh, neighbor’s kid got hooked. | 我邻居的小孩上瘾了 |
[10:15] | Please just tell me what you know about that warning label. | 拜托告诉我关于那个警示标签 你所知道的一切 |
[10:18] | We both know there’s something rotten going on here. | 我们俩都知道这里头存在腐败 |
[10:23] | I heard that | 我听说 |
[10:27] | about a year before the drug was approved, | 在这个药品通过审批的一年前 |
[10:30] | Purdue rented out a hotel suite in Rockville | 普渡制药在洛克威尔 药监局的对面 |
[10:33] | down the road from the FDA, | 租了一间酒店套房 |
[10:34] | where they meet with Curtis Wright in private. | 他们在那里私下会见了柯蒂斯·莱特 |
[10:37] | Supposedly, Curtis and the Purdue executives | 据说 柯蒂斯和普渡制药的高层 |
[10:40] | spent three days together, | 一起呆了三天的时间 |
[10:43] | working out the wording of the medical review, | 斟酌医疗审核的措辞 |
[10:46] | co-writing the summary of safety and efficacy. | 一起写了关于安全性和疗效的概述 |
[10:48] | An FDA employee literally | 一名药监局的员工甚至 |
[10:50] | helped Purdue write their own review. | 帮普渡制药写了他们自己的审核 |
[10:54] | Did Curtis Wright | 柯蒂斯·莱特 |
[10:56] | pen the OxyContin warning label for Purdue? Did– | 为普渡制药写了奥施康定的警示标签吗 |
[11:00] | did he actually write it? | 真的是他写的吗 |
[11:02] | There is more than one person that believes that he did. | 不止一个人怀疑是他写的 |
[11:06] | Do you know who from Purdue was in that hotel room | 你知道普渡在酒店和柯蒂斯·莱特 |
[11:09] | with Curtis Wright? Was it– | 碰面的有谁吗 是… |
[11:11] | was it senior-level executives? | 是高层管理人员吗 |
[11:12] | I’m sorry, I honestly don’t know. | 抱歉 我真的不知道 |
[11:14] | Because if I did, I would tell you. | 我知道的话 一定会告诉你 |
[11:18] | Got to go to work. | 我得去上班了 |
[11:21] | Have you told any of this to anybody else before? | 你之前和任何人说起过这事吗 |
[11:24] | No. | 没有 |
[11:25] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[11:26] | ‘Cause it wouldn’t matter if I did. | 因为就算我说了也没用 |
[11:42] | There’s these flyers all over town. | 全镇都是这种传单 |
[11:46] | A big meeting tomorrow night. | 明晚有个大会 |
[11:49] | About OxyContin, hmm? I think we should go. | 关于奥施康定 我想我们应该去参加 |
[11:53] | I don’t want people to see me there. | 我不希望人们在那里看到我 |
[11:56] | Then they’ll know, Mom. No. | 这样他们就会知道的 妈妈 不要 |
[11:57] | I don’t care what they know. | 我不在乎他们知道什么 |
[11:59] | There might be some helpful information. | 或许会有些有用的信息 |
[12:02] | We got to find a way to get you better, honey. | 我们得想办法让你好起来 宝贝 |
[12:05] | The real you is still in there. I just know it. | 真正的你还在 我知道 |
[12:13] | I don’t know where she’s gone. | 我不知道她去了哪里 |
[12:14] | Well, we got to find her again, then. | 那我们就得去找到她 |
[12:18] | Well? | 好吗 |
[12:23] | – Okay, Mama. – Okay. | -好的 妈妈 -好的 |
[12:37] | What you got there? | 你在看什么 |
[12:41] | It’s for a meeting about all these drugs. | 是关于这个药的大会 |
[12:44] | I know what you’re gonna say, | 我知道你要说什么 |
[12:46] | but I don’t care if people know our business. | 但我不在乎别人知道我们的事 |
[12:48] | There’s nothing that you can say to keep me from going. | 你说什么也不能阻止我去 |
[12:52] | I–I don’t want to stop you from doing anything, Diane. | 我不想阻止你做任何事 黛安 |
[12:56] | You do whatever you need to do. | 你做你该做的事吧 |
[13:03] | My name is Sister Beth Davies. | 我是贝丝·戴维斯修女 |
[13:07] | I want to thank you all for coming down here. | 我想感谢你们所有人来此 |
[13:09] | It’s not easy, as so many of you | 这并不容易 因为你们中有许多人 |
[13:13] | are carrying the heavy burden of a loved one | 带着沉重的负担 自己所爱的人 |
[13:15] | suffering from this chronic disease of addiction. | 承受着药物上瘾的漫长折磨 |
[13:20] | With that said, I want to introduce you | 说到这个 我想向你们介绍 |
[13:22] | to the most dedicated recovery doctor in Appalachia, | 阿帕拉契亚最出色的康复医生 |
[13:26] | Dr. Art Van Zee. | 阿尔特·范西医生 |
[13:33] | Thank you, Sister Beth. | 谢谢 贝丝修女 |
[13:36] | I know it wasn’t easy for you all to come tonight, | 我知道你们今晚来到这里不容易 |
[13:39] | as this addiction has shame attached to it, | 因为这个药瘾随之带来的是羞耻感 |
[13:42] | but I hope you all see by this turnout | 但我希望看到今晚的出席人数后你们能明白 |
[13:44] | that you’re not alone. | 自己不是孤军奋战 |
[13:46] | This drug doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, | 这个药品不管你富有或贫穷 |
[13:49] | man or woman, white, Black, or brown. | 男人或女人 白人 黑人或棕色皮肤 |
[13:52] | Once you’ve taken too much, it changes your brain chemistry | 一旦你服用过量 它就会改变你的脑化学 |
[13:56] | so you’re in so much pain without it, | 以至于你不服用就会感到极度痛苦 |
[13:58] | you think you’re going to die. | 感觉自己快死了 |
[14:01] | I brought you here tonight to sign a petition | 我今晚让你们来此签下一则请愿 |
[14:04] | to ask the FDA to pull OxyContin from the market | 要求药监局让奥施康定从市面下架 |
[14:07] | till it can be reformulated to be resistant to abuse. | 直到它重制后 成为不易滥用的药品 |
[14:11] | It’s been done before. | 之前有过成功案例 |
[14:13] | So, after the meeting, we have tables set up over here | 会后我们在那边放了桌子 |
[14:16] | for you all to sign the petition | 以便你们所有人签下请愿书 |
[14:18] | so we can try to bring an end to this nightmare. | 这样我们可以尝试结束这场噩梦 |
[14:53] | I couldn’t believe these results | 我第一次看到这些结果时 |
[14:54] | when I first saw them either, sir. | 也不敢相信 长官 |
[14:56] | I mean–and this is rock solid. | 这就是铁证 |
[14:58] | See, the autopsy report proves overdoses can occur in people | 你看 尸检报告证明过量服用也会发生在 |
[15:01] | who are taking the drug exactly as prescribed. | 那些完全遵照医嘱的人身上 |
[15:03] | It’s not just drug abusers who are dying. | 死亡的不仅仅是瘾君子 |
[15:05] | It’s everyday pain patients, too. | 也有每日饱受病痛的患者 |
[15:09] | You can’t just send out a press release | 你不能在和药监局的人商量之前 |
[15:10] | without discussing this with the FDA first. | 先把这个公布给媒体 |
[15:12] | Okay, but, sir, the press war I orchestrated last year | 好的 但长官 正是我去年策划的舆论战 |
[15:15] | is what got the FDA to take action against Purdue’s warning label. | 才让药监局对普渡制药的警示标签采取行动的 |
[15:18] | But if you act without discussing this with us– | 但你要是不和我们商量就行动的话… |
[15:21] | Sir, with all due respect, | 长官 无意冒犯 |
[15:22] | the public needs to have access to this data ASAP | 为了公众的个人安全 |
[15:25] | for their own personal safety. | 他们需要尽快看到这些数据 |
[15:27] | When do you plan on sharing your report with the FDA? | 你打算什么时候把你的报告分享给药监局 |
[15:29] | I’ve already set up a meeting next week | 我已经约好了下周会面 |
[15:31] | and I’ve requested Purdue to be there. | 我还要求普渡制药的人出席 |
[15:33] | Are you giving Purdue the report ahead of the meeting? | 你在会议之前把报告给普渡制药了吗 |
[15:36] | No. | 没有 |
[15:37] | So you’re jamming them into a fast rebuttal | 所以你要在他们没法提前审核报告的情况下 |
[15:39] | without being able to review the report first? | 打他们个措手不及 |
[15:42] | Maybe. | 或许 |
[15:43] | You know you’re just going to piss everyone off. | 你知道这么做会惹怒所有人 |
[15:45] | My goal is to stop a dangerous drug | 我的目的是阻止一种危险药品 |
[15:48] | from being diverted and abused. | 被倒卖和滥用 |
[15:51] | I’m not looking to make friends. | 我不是来交朋友的 |
[16:08] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[16:12] | If you don’t mind. | 你不介意的话 |
[16:13] | If you soak that in some Epsom salts | 如果你把它浸在泻盐里 |
[16:16] | and cut the nails straight across, | 然后直接剪掉指甲 |
[16:20] | that should help that. | 会好受些 |
[16:23] | Thank you, sir. I’ll–I’ll do that. | 谢谢 先生 我会照做的 |
[16:25] | Sure. Give it a try. | 嗯 试一试 |
[16:30] | When you’re holding a newborn | 当你抱着一个新生儿的时候 |
[16:32] | and it lets out the first cry of its life, | 它发出人生中第一次哭喊 |
[16:36] | your heart can’t help but jump a little. | 你的心跳无法抑制地加速 |
[16:39] | That’s a language that’s as old as those hills. | 那是亘古不变的语言 |
[16:46] | Bravo. | 太棒了 |
[16:49] | You know, I’d like to have you journal next about, | 我希望你下一篇文章写写 |
[16:54] | three other people that you have helped. | 你所帮过的其他三个人 |
[16:58] | Your three proudest moments as a doctor. | 作为医生 三个你感到最骄傲的时刻 |
[17:01] | All right. | 好的 |
[17:05] | You know, it sounds crazy, maybe, | 知道吗 这或许听起来很疯狂 |
[17:08] | but, uh… | 但是… |
[17:11] | I think a lot about being a doctor again. | 我一直在考虑重新成为医生的事 |
[17:16] | You’ve never not been a doctor, Sam, | 你从来没有不是医生过 塞缪 |
[17:18] | it’s who you will always be. | 这是你永远的职业 |
[17:22] | It’s just you need to take the time to heal yourself. | 你只是需要花些时间来治愈自己 |
[17:27] | Right? It’s what I had to do. | 好吗 这是我需要做的事 |
[17:31] | I nearly killed a woman and her young son drunk driving. | 我醉驾差点害死了一个女人和她的小儿子 |
[17:35] | Sam, those people walked away from the wreck that I caused, | 塞缪 那些人从我制造的事故中走了出来 |
[17:39] | but I couldn’t walk away for a long time. | 但我很长一段时间没能走出来 |
[17:42] | It took me a long time to forgive myself. | 我花了很长时间 才原谅自己 |
[17:47] | Yeah. I feel like what I did isn’t even forgivable. | 是啊 我感觉我所做的不可原谅 |
[17:50] | – I don’t– – No. Look. | -我不… -不 听我说 |
[17:54] | A way to make amends… | 一种弥补 |
[17:59] | for the pain that we have caused others is to give back. | 我们对别人所造成的伤害的方式是回馈 |
[18:05] | And when you’re ready, | 当你准备好时 |
[18:06] | the greatest thing you can do is heal others. | 你所能做的最好的事 就是治愈他人 |
[18:11] | So, yes, | 所以 没错 |
[18:14] | begin the process of getting your medical license back. | 重新开始准备拿回你的医生执照 |
[18:20] | Paperwork looks good. | 书面材料看上去没问题 |
[18:22] | Soon as you’ve completed the term of your probation, | 只要你一完成你的缓刑条款 |
[18:24] | we’ll get the ball rolling. | 我们就可以开始推进了 |
[18:25] | Good, good. | 很好 |
[18:26] | It’s going to take at least a year, but it’ll be worth it. | 至少得要一年的时间 但值得等待 |
[18:31] | There is only one issue I see. | 我认为只有一个问题 |
[18:33] | They won’t reinstate your medical license | 如果你在服用美沙酮的话 |
[18:36] | if you’re on methadone. | 他们不会恢复你的医生执照 |
[18:38] | There’s no medical board in America that would allow it. | 美国没有哪个医委会会允许 |
[18:41] | Any chance that you’d be done in a year? | 你有可能在一年内停用这个药物吗 |
[18:43] | I don’t know, to be honest. Maybe, maybe not. | 说实话 我不知道 或许可以 或许不行 |
[18:46] | Well, then you shouldn’t turn in this application | 那么在你停药前 |
[18:48] | till you’re off it. | 不能上交这份申请 |
[18:50] | It’s the only thing keeping me clean. | 这是唯一能让我戒掉药瘾的方式 |
[18:52] | Well, technically, you’re not. | 严格意义上来说 你没有戒掉 |
[18:54] | It’s a narcotic. | 这是一种麻醉剂 |
[18:55] | It’s protective. | 它是保护性药品 |
[18:56] | It protects the way insulin protects diabetics. | 它就像胰岛素保护糖尿病患一样 |
[18:59] | It’s banned by physician plans across the board. | 它是医委会医生计划里全面禁止的药品 |
[19:01] | These maintenance medications, they affect cognition. | 这些维持药物 会影响人的精神状态 |
[19:04] | That’s bullshit. | 一派胡言 |
[19:06] | My thinking hasn’t been this clear in years. | 我的头脑已经多年没有这么清醒过了 |
[19:08] | Sir, you can appeal the decision, | 先生 你可以对这个决定提起上诉 |
[19:10] | but we’ve never had an appeal like this go through. | 但我们从来没有通过像这样的上诉 |
[19:13] | Good day. | 再见 |
[19:20] | Dr. Cutler, if your patients report breakthrough pain, | 卡特勒医生 如果你的病人说有爆发性病痛 |
[19:23] | all you have to do is double their dose | 你所做的就是加倍他们的剂量 |
[19:25] | to get them a full night’s sleep. | 让他们整夜安睡 |
[19:28] | Isn’t, um, breakthrough pain | 爆发性病痛这种说法 |
[19:30] | just a way for you to sell more Oxy? | 难道不只是你销售更多奥施康定的方式吗 |
[19:32] | Um, not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[19:34] | – I heard… – If you look in the pamphlet– | -我听说… -你看看这个小册子 |
[19:36] | …More milligrams you write, | 我听说你写的剂量越多 |
[19:38] | bigger your bonus check. | 你能得到的奖励就越多 |
[19:39] | So isn’t all this just bullshit so you can make more money? | 所以这难道不是你为了能赚更多钱胡说的吗 |
[19:42] | – I haven’t heard of half the terms in this paper. – Okay, | -这纸上半数的术语我都没听说过 -好了 |
[19:44] | tell you what, let’s take a quick break, | 这样吧 我们短暂休息一下 |
[19:45] | uh, grab some coffee, be back in ten. | 喝点咖啡 十分钟后再回来 |
[19:52] | Come on, Miles. | 跟我来 迈尔斯 |
[19:56] | You’ve seemed unhappy for a while now. | 你有好一阵看起来不开心了 |
[20:00] | Yeah, I’ve been going through a tough time, you know? | 是啊 我这段时间不太好过 |
[20:03] | Some–some personal stuff. | 一些私人事情 |
[20:05] | – Is it girl trouble? – Yeah, yeah. | -和女孩有关吗 -嗯 是的 |
[20:07] | I’m seeing this chick who’s driving my head in circles. | 我在和一个让我神魂颠倒的女孩约会 |
[20:13] | All right. Look. | 好吧 听着 |
[20:19] | You have got to get your head back in the game. | 你得把注意力回到工作上 |
[20:22] | You are one of my best sellers, man. | 你是我最出色的销售之一 伙计 |
[20:24] | You’re family here. | 你是这里的一份子 |
[20:26] | So whatever you need, you let me know. | 无论你需要什么 尽管和我说 |
[20:29] | Thanks, Barn. I appreciate that. | 谢谢 巴恩 很感谢你 |
[20:35] | Something interesting came up. | 有件有意思的事 |
[20:38] | I’ve been asked to be the regional manager | 我被派去路易斯安那州 |
[20:42] | in Louisiana out of New Orleans. | 新奥尔良做区域经理 |
[20:47] | Wow, holy shit. That’s– | 天呐 这… |
[20:49] | Congratulations. That’s great. | 恭喜 这太棒了 |
[20:51] | – New Orleans is a great city. – Thanks. | -新奥尔良是个很棒的城市 -多谢 |
[20:56] | And I was thinking maybe you could come with me? | 我在想你或许能和我一起去 |
[21:04] | How would that work? | 这样怎么做 |
[21:05] | I mean, like, as what? | 作为什么呢 |
[21:07] | My–my employee. | 我的…我的员工 |
[21:10] | And, um, | 还有… |
[21:13] | and my boyfriend. | 还有作为我的男朋友 |
[21:17] | Are you–are you joking? | 你…你是在开玩笑吗 |
[21:19] | No. | 不是 |
[21:22] | It’s tough being a girl. | 做女生真难 |
[21:24] | You know, you fuck a guy enough | 知道吗 你和一个男人上床久了 |
[21:26] | and then you start to get attached. | 然后你就会开始对他上心 |
[21:28] | Ugh, it’s the worst. | 这是最糟糕的情况 |
[21:30] | Is that, um– is that you being sweet? | 你…你是在说好听的话吗 |
[21:33] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[21:36] | I have feelings for you. | 我喜欢你 |
[21:39] | Okay? You happy now? | 行了吗 这下你高兴了 |
[21:44] | I have feelings for you, too. | 我也喜欢你 |
[21:47] | Wow, I had no idea. | 我一点也不知道 |
[21:51] | Come to New Orleans. | 去新奥尔良吧 |
[21:54] | I’ll be the regional manager, | 我是区域经理 |
[21:56] | you’ll be my star employee. | 而你会是我的明星职员 |
[21:59] | We can eat beignets, | 我们可以吃那里的面包圈 |
[22:00] | then you can eat my pussy. | 然后你可以给我口 |
[22:03] | Sounds kind of magical, doesn’t it? | 听上去很棒 不是吗 |
[22:06] | Does sound kind of magical. | 确实听上去很棒 |
[22:10] | Well, you’ve seemed a little burned out. | 你看起来有些筋疲力尽 |
[22:15] | Change is exactly what you need. | 你正需要些改变 |
[22:18] | We’ll make a fortune there. | 我们会在那里赚大钱的 |
[22:21] | It’s a booming market. | 那是个蓬勃发展的市场 |
[22:25] | Money, money, money, money. | 赚钱 赚钱 |
[23:13] | I’m sorry about the wait. I’m one of the only doctors | 抱歉让你久等 我是这片区域 |
[23:17] | that treats opioid use disorder in the region. | 唯一一个诊治滥用阿片类药物的医生 |
[23:21] | I’m just grateful you could see me. | 我很感谢你愿意见我 |
[23:25] | Sister Beth speaks real highly of you. | 贝丝修女对你评价很高 |
[23:27] | And I her. | 我对她的评价也很高 |
[23:29] | I believe medication-assisted treatment combined with therapy | 我认为以心理治疗为主 药物为辅 |
[23:35] | is the best path to recovery. | 是让人康复的最好方式 |
[23:37] | I couldn’t do this without her. | 没有她的帮助 我一个人无法做到 |
[23:40] | It’s extraordinary what this drug does. | 这些药物太神奇了 |
[23:42] | I still can’t get it out of my mind. | 我还是忘不掉这药 |
[23:44] | That’s because your brain has been rewired. | 这是因为你的大脑被重新布线了 |
[23:48] | And it can take two years for the frontal lobe to fully heal. | 大脑额叶可能需要两年的时间才能完全康复 |
[23:54] | As I understood it, it wouldn’t take that long. | 据我所知 不需要这么长的时间 |
[23:57] | Two years? | 两年 |
[23:58] | I’m afraid that’s what the most recent studies show. | 恐怕这是最新的研究所显示的结果 |
[24:01] | And that’s after you stop. | 并且还是在你停药后的两年 |
[24:07] | There’s a new drug called Suboxone | 有一种新药叫作苏博酮 |
[24:10] | that’s similar to methadone, but it’s easier to take | 和美沙酮很像 但更容易服用 |
[24:14] | because you don’t have to go to a clinic every day. | 因为你不需要每天去诊所 |
[24:17] | I can write a prescription. | 我能给你写个处方 |
[24:18] | Is it classified as a narcotic? | 这个药被归类为麻醉剂吗 |
[24:20] | It is, but you might be more successful in weaning off it. | 是的 但你也许更容易戒掉它 |
[24:24] | It can’t be done quickly and the truth is, | 它不能立马戒掉 而且老实说 |
[24:28] | some patients will need to take it the rest of their lives. | 有些患者可能需要终身服用 |
[24:33] | And you don’t know that I’ll ever really be off of it? | 你也不知道我是否能彻底戒掉它 |
[24:37] | I don’t. | 是的 |
[24:40] | But we can certainly try. | 但我们可以试一试 |
[24:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:48] | Let’s give it a shot. | 试试吧 |
[24:50] | Newt Gingrich has expressed interest in running for president. | 纽特·金里奇已经表明有兴趣参选总统 |
[24:53] | Certainly a very interesting guy. | 他确实是个有趣的人 |
[24:55] | Rudy Giuliani, in fact, | 鲁迪·朱利亚尼 事实上 |
[24:57] | when we look at the “USA Today”/CNN poll | 根据《今日美国》或CNN的民调 |
[25:00] | comes out actually first. | 他排名领先 |
[25:01] | Giuliani would be the strongest candidate | 朱利亚尼会是对抗希拉里·克林顿 |
[25:03] | against Hillary Clinton because he can– | 最强有力的候选人 因为他能… |
[25:06] | Bedtime, honey. I want you to get some sleep tonight. | 该睡了 亲爱的 我希望你今晚能睡会觉 |
[25:11] | Yeah, I’ll be up in about 30 minutes. | 好的 我大概半小时后上去 |
[25:15] | Look at all these lovely white people. | 瞧瞧这群可爱的白人 |
[25:18] | These the Sacklers? | 这些就是赛克勒家族的人吗 |
[25:21] | Well, enough of the Sacklers for tonight. | 好吧 今晚你看够赛克勒家族的人了 |
[25:24] | Come to bed. | 上床睡觉吧 |
[25:30] | Come here. | 过来 |
[25:37] | I’m sorry this case has been so time-consuming. | 抱歉 我在这个案子上花了这么多时间 |
[25:42] | How about you come home for dinner tomorrow | 不如你明晚回家吃晚餐 |
[25:45] | and play with the kids? | 然后陪孩子们玩 |
[25:46] | I can’t tomorrow. | 我明天不行 |
[25:47] | An opioid abuse doctor is giving a public presentation. | 一位滥用阿片类药物的医生要做公开演讲 |
[25:51] | I need to go it. | 我得去参加 |
[25:53] | Okay, well. | 好吧 |
[26:02] | Can–can I go? | 我…我能去吗 |
[26:06] | Tomorrow, you want to come? | 明天你想来参加吗 |
[26:08] | Yeah. I would like to understand a bit more. | 是的 我想多了解一些 |
[26:11] | Then you can take me to dinner afterwards for date night. | 这样结束后 你就能带我去烛光晚餐 |
[26:15] | All right. You got a deal. | 好的 成交 |
[26:18] | All right. | 好吧 |
[26:22] | Five years ago, when I came to this very gym, | 五年前 当我来到这间体育馆 |
[26:26] | I was naive. | 我很单纯 |
[26:28] | I believed that once Purdue saw our 10,000 signatures, | 我认为一旦普渡制药看到我们万人签名 |
[26:31] | they’d reformulate the drug. | 他们就会重制这种药 |
[26:34] | But they not only refused, | 但他们不仅拒绝了 |
[26:36] | they pushed even harder on their marketing. | 还加大他们的宣传力度 |
[26:39] | When I testified in front of Congress about OxyContin, | 当我在国会上做关于奥施康定的证词时 |
[26:42] | I was so nervous, | 我太紧张了 |
[26:43] | but I felt I had to personally warn our government | 但我认为我应该亲自警告我们的政府 |
[26:47] | about what was happening. | 正在发生的情况 |
[26:49] | And, sadly, they didn’t seem to care, either. | 然而可悲的是 他们似乎也不在意 |
[26:52] | Neither did the Purdue executives | 那些同样作证的普渡制药 |
[26:54] | that were also testifying. | 高层们同样不在意 |
[26:56] | Some senators pushed back against me, others were bored. | 一些议员驳回了我的话 另一些毫不在意 |
[27:01] | I have to make a quick phone call. | 我得去打个电话 |
[27:02] | That’s when I knew this crisis wasn’t going | 就在那时 我意识到这场危机 |
[27:04] | to end anytime soon. That we all– | 不会那么快结束 我们都… |
[27:07] | Hey, it’s me. When did we last look | 喂 是我 我们最后一次 |
[27:10] | at Purdue’s congressional testimony? | 看普渡制药的国会证词是什么时候 |
[27:12] | That was one of the first things we did four years ago. | 那是我们四年前做的第一件事 |
[27:15] | It was all the usual talking points. | 全是些官方辞令 |
[27:17] | They had no idea of abuse, all that BS. | 他们完全不知道滥用的情况 诸如此类的废话 |
[27:19] | Well, now that we spent years | 现在我们花了几年的时间 |
[27:21] | going through their internal documents, | 翻看了所有他们的内部文件 |
[27:22] | maybe it’s possible to prove they were lying to Congress. | 或许有可能证明他们对国会撒谎了 |
[27:25] | Well, Mr. McClosky, | 麦克洛斯基先生 |
[27:26] | who was the U.S. Attorney in Maine at the time, | 当时是缅因州的检察官 |
[27:28] | told us when he started to see problems, | 跟我们说他发现问题的时候 |
[27:31] | at the very earliest was the beginning was 2000. | 最早是2000年初 |
[27:33] | It was in early April of 2000 that Purdue was– | 普渡制药是在2000年4月上旬… |
[27:37] | We didn’t learn of the abuse until March of 2000. | 我们是直到2000年3月才知道有滥用的情况 |
[27:42] | So we have Purdue’s top three executives | 也就是说 普渡制药的三大高层 |
[27:45] | all proclaiming to Congress under oath | 都在国会面前发过誓 |
[27:47] | that they didn’t know the drug was being abused until 2000, | 说他们直到2000年才知道有药物滥用的情况 |
[27:52] | when US Attorney from Maine, Jay McClosky– | 直到杰·麦克洛斯基 当时的缅因州检察官 |
[27:54] | Who now works for Purdue. | 现在在普渡制药任职 |
[27:55] | informs them that it’s being abused. | 告诉他们的药品滥用的情况 |
[27:57] | Okay, got it, so the year 2000 is their official marker? | 好的 明白了 就是说2000年是他们的官方口径 |
[28:01] | – Yeah. – So what? | -是的 -这又怎样呢 |
[28:05] | Oh, my good God. | 我的天呐 |
[28:06] | Is Rick Mountcastle smiling? This ought to be good. | 里克·曼卡索是在笑吗 肯定是好消息 |
[28:12] | So we got numerous newspaper articles | 我们有多篇新闻报道 |
[28:16] | and emails sent to these exact guys | 还有寄给这几个人的邮件 |
[28:19] | that shows that they were informed of abuse as early as 1997. | 可以证明他们早在1997年就知道药品滥用的情况 |
[28:23] | Contradicting their congressional testimony. | 和他们在国会上做的证词相反 |
[28:29] | We can charge Purdue’s top three executives | 我们可以起诉普渡制药的三大高层 |
[28:31] | with lying to Congress and conspiracy to defraud. | 向国会说谎 并且合谋欺诈 |
[28:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:40] | Let’s indict these assholes. | 我们去起诉这群混蛋吧 |
[28:43] | My gut is they’re going to be so scared shitless | 在我看来 他们会因为要坐牢 |
[28:45] | of going to prison– | 而吓得面如土色 |
[28:45] | They just might flip on the Sacklers. | 他们可能会出卖赛克勒家族的人 |
[28:47] | Think they just might. | 我想也是 |
[28:50] | Well, congratulations, boys. You just made your case. | 恭喜 兄弟们 你们的案子立住了 |
[29:03] | I asked you here because there have been rampant tales | 我让你们过来是因为有大量有关 |
[29:06] | of abuse and diversion across the country. | 全国范围内药品滥用和倒卖的传言 |
[29:08] | The FDA feels it’s time to intervene. | 药监局认为是时候介入了 |
[29:11] | We understand there’s been some diversion, | 我们知道确有药物倒卖的情况 |
[29:13] | but changing our warning label is overly punitive. | 但换掉我们的警示标签的惩罚过重了 |
[29:15] | It’s not the drug that’s the problem, | 问题不是药 |
[29:16] | it’s–it’s the addicts who are abusing it. | 问题是滥用药物的瘾君子 |
[29:19] | And, Cynthia, it is not fair to single us out on this issue. | 辛西娅 单把我们拉出来承担此事责任不公平 |
[29:22] | Endo, Jansen, Teva are all selling opioids. | 远藤 杨森 泰华制药都在卖阿片类药物 |
[29:25] | You’re not changing their warning labels. | 你们没有换掉他们的警示标签 |
[29:27] | That’s because their sales reps aren’t telling doctors | 那是因为他们的药代表不会让医生 |
[29:29] | to prescribe a dangerous narcotic | 做智齿手术 或是为头疼 |
[29:31] | for wisdom teeth surgery, or headaches. | 开有危险性的麻醉剂 |
[29:34] | Perhaps there are other actions to be taken | 或许除了换掉标签 |
[29:36] | besides something as drastic as a label change. | 这么严厉的措施外 还有别的选择 |
[29:38] | There are concessions we’re willing to make. | 我们愿意做出些让步 |
[29:41] | Like what? | 比方说 |
[29:42] | For starters, we’ll be taking the 160 off the market. | 首先 我们会把160毫克的药片下市 |
[29:45] | – I think you absolutely should. – Right. | -我想你们肯定得这么做 -没错 |
[29:48] | But that won’t shift our position on the warning label. | 但这不能改变我们在警示标签上的立场 |
[29:50] | It will be changed. | 标签肯定要换 |
[29:51] | 药监局对上市药物采取的最严重警告 出现在说明书最前端 警告医生和患者药物的潜在重大安全性 | |
[29:51] | We’re seriously considering giving you the black box warning. | 我们在认真考虑给你们黑框警告 |
[29:57] | They what? | 他们打算干什么 |
[29:58] | They might add a black box warning to the new label. | 他们或许会给新标签上加黑框警告 |
[30:03] | That’s the worst thing that could happen except for a recall. | 这是除了召回外最糟糕的情况 |
[30:05] | I know, I know, Dad. Okay? I know. | 我知道 好吗 爸爸 我知道 |
[30:12] | Well, you finally did it. | 你终于马失前蹄了 |
[30:15] | You flew too close to the sun. | 你飞得离太阳太近了 |
[30:17] | Yeah. I bet you’re happy now. | 是啊 我猜你现在肯定很高兴 |
[30:22] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[30:24] | Oh, it must’ve been difficult, | 这肯定不好受 |
[30:27] | see your son more successful than you ever were. | 看你儿子比你更加成功 |
[30:31] | You only had this company because of Arthur. | 你是因为亚瑟才有了这家公司 |
[30:36] | Everything anyone has | 这个家族里所有人 |
[30:37] | in this family is because of Arthur. | 拥有的所有东西都是拜亚瑟所赐 |
[30:39] | It all came from his brain. | 都是他的智慧换来的 |
[30:43] | And all you could ever do is sell Betadine. | 你唯一能做的就是卖必妥碘 |
[30:46] | Then I finally did something. Me. | 然后我终于做了件大事 我 |
[30:51] | And it was bigger than anything you or Arthur ever dreamed of. | 比你和亚瑟所能想象的更伟大 |
[30:55] | Oh, but you seem to be missing a key difference | 是吗 但你似乎忘了你和亚瑟之间 |
[30:58] | between you and Arthur. | 最大的不同之处 |
[31:00] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[31:02] | He never would’ve gotten a black box warning. | 他绝不会得到黑框警告的惩罚 |
[31:09] | Dr. Sackler, | 赛克勒博士 |
[31:10] | the “Journal of the American Medical Association” | 《美国医学协会》杂志 |
[31:14] | thought you misstated the facts | 认为你谎报事实 |
[31:16] | by overstating the effectiveness of the drug | 过度夸大药品的药效 |
[31:18] | and understating the side effects. | 对其副作用却轻描淡写 |
[31:21] | You complied with their request | 你遵照他们的要求 |
[31:23] | by making edits on the advertisement | 修改了广告的内容 |
[31:24] | which then got the ad approved, | 才得以让广告审批通过 |
[31:27] | but then you went on and printed the original ad | 接着你却在其他杂志里刊登了 |
[31:31] | with the misstated facts in other journals. | 原先带有扭曲事实的广告 |
[31:35] | Senator, the “Annals of Internal Medicine,” | 议员 《内科医学年鉴》 |
[31:38] | with an eminent board, accepted these opinions. | 拥有杰出的成员 接受了这些观点 |
[31:42] | “The Journal of the American Medical Association,” | 《美国医学协会》杂志 |
[31:44] | with an equally prominent board, did not accept them. | 同样拥有杰出的成员 没有接受这些观点 |
[31:48] | Therefore, what we were dealing with here | 因此 我们面对的问题 |
[31:51] | was a difference of opinion, not a misstatement of facts. | 只是不同观点 而不是扭曲事实 |
[32:04] | Perhaps… | 或许… |
[32:06] | this could potentially create an opportunity for us. | 这能为我们创造一个潜在的机会 |
[32:12] | Why not ask if the label could say | 何不问问看标签是否能写 |
[32:15] | the drug can be used for an extended period of time? | 该药品可以长期使用 |
[32:21] | You really think the FDA would allow that? | 你真的觉得药监局会同意吗 |
[32:24] | Come on. | 别逗了 |
[32:25] | I’m worried that they’re going to pull all the language | 我担心他们会撤掉所有 |
[32:27] | about the drug being less addictive. | 关于药品不易上瘾的字眼 |
[32:30] | Yeah, I am too. | 是啊 我也担心 |
[32:31] | Fighting to keep “less addictive” is crucial, | 争取保留”不易上瘾”的措辞非常关键 |
[32:34] | but we need to give a little to do it. | 但我们得做出些牺牲来达到这一目标 |
[32:36] | Right now, the label says “addiction is rare,” | 现在标签上写的是”不易上瘾” |
[32:39] | so maybe we offer, “addiction is reported to be rare.” | 或者我们可以提议改为”据悉药品不易上瘾” |
[32:43] | That’s not bad. | 这主意不错 |
[32:44] | We need to be able to keep prescribing for moderate pain. | 我们需要保留能给中度疼痛开药的权利 |
[32:47] | What about “extended period of time”? | 那”长期使用”呢 |
[32:50] | That could turn this whole fiasco | 这能把整个不利形势逆转为 |
[32:53] | into a financial win because | 对销售更有利的局面 因为 |
[32:56] | patients will be on it for longer periods. | 病患们可以在更长的时间内服用它 |
[33:00] | Perhaps indefinitely. | 也许终身服用 |
[33:03] | I just think it’ll be a bridge too far for the FDA. | 我只是觉得这对药监局来说不太现实 |
[33:06] | But it’s possible they won’t be aware | 但很可能他们并不能意识到 |
[33:09] | of exactly what they’d be giving us. | 给我们通过的是什么权利 |
[33:11] | And if they’re going to slap us with a black box warning, | 如果他们要给我们加上黑框警告 |
[33:15] | they should at least give us something. | 至少得给我们点好处 |
[33:48] | Hello? | 喂 |
[33:49] | Hey, Bets, this is Sam Finnix. | 喂 贝琪 我是塞缪·芬尼克斯 |
[33:54] | I thought you were dead. | 我以为你死了 |
[33:57] | No, no. I’m still fighting this thing. | 不 没有 我还在和这药作斗争 |
[34:02] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[34:05] | Bets… | 贝琪 |
[34:07] | I’m so sorry I ever prescribed that drug for you. | 我很抱歉为你开了这个药 |
[34:12] | I never would’ve done it if I thought it would hurt you. | 我要是知道会伤害你的话 绝不会给你开 |
[34:16] | I promise you I didn’t know. | 我向你保证 我真的不知道 |
[34:20] | Of course you didn’t. | 你当然不知道 |
[34:21] | That company’s been lying to everybody. | 那家公司骗了所有人 |
[34:24] | Listen, I’m going to tell you why I called you. | 听我说 我要告诉你我给你打电话的原因 |
[34:26] | I’ve been seeing this doctor in a clinic in Jonesville. | 我一直在琼斯维尔看一个医生 |
[34:30] | He’s–he’s started me on this new drug | 他…他在我身上尝试的新药 |
[34:33] | that, uh, has helped me. | 对我起了作用 |
[34:36] | I mean, my cravings are way, way down. | 我的药瘾减轻了很多 |
[34:39] | Well, what is it? | 是什么药 |
[34:40] | It’s called Suboxone. | 叫作苏博酮 |
[34:42] | It’s like methadone, which also helped, | 它类似美沙酮 这个也有用 |
[34:45] | but this, for me, is way, way better. | 但这个药对我来说要好很多 |
[34:48] | I’ve heard about them. And they really work? | 我听说过 它真的有用吗 |
[34:52] | Well, it does for me. It’s just, you know, | 对我来说有用 只是… |
[34:56] | it’s damn hard to get off this junk without medicine. | 没有药物的帮忙 很难戒掉奥施康定 |
[35:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[35:03] | It’s been impossible. | 这简直不可能 |
[35:05] | And I’ve been really trying. | 我在很努力地戒掉 |
[35:08] | I know you have, Betsy. | 我知道 贝琪 |
[35:11] | And listen to this. | 听我说 |
[35:13] | I want to drive you to this clinic. | 我想开车带你去这家诊所 |
[35:16] | It’s about an hour from your place. | 大概离你住的地方一小时的路程 |
[35:18] | I will drive you there and back every week. | 我每周开车接送你去那个诊所 |
[35:22] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[35:30] | Let me think about it. | 让我考虑一下 |
[35:35] | I’m just so damn sorry, Betsy. | 我真的非常抱歉 贝琪 |
[35:40] | – Hey, Doc? – Yeah? | -喂 医生 -嗯 |
[35:47] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[35:55] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[36:05] | They’re narcotics. | 它们是麻醉剂 |
[36:07] | You’re just trading in one drug for another one. | 你们只是在用一种药物换掉另一种 |
[36:10] | They’re dangerous and addictive in their own way. | 它们有各自的危险 也容易上瘾 |
[36:12] | Nothing has worked for my girl. | 没有什么能帮到我女儿 |
[36:15] | We brought her here and people sold her drugs in the bathroom. | 我们把她带到这里 而有人在厕所里卖药给她 |
[36:20] | And that was a grotesque aberration of our trust. | 这完全背叛了我们的信任 |
[36:24] | But if you take these so-called medications, | 但如果你服用这些所谓的药物 |
[36:26] | you’re not placing your trust in a higher power. | 你就没有在把你的信任寄托在上帝 |
[36:29] | You’re just putting it into more drugs. | 而是寄托在更多的药物上 |
[36:33] | So they don’t work? | 所以药没有用吗 |
[36:35] | No, they don’t. I’m sorry. | 没用 我很抱歉 |
[36:49] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[36:54] | I don’t believe in a higher power. | 我不信上帝 |
[36:56] | I only believe in heroin. | 我只信赖海洛因 |
[36:58] | Bets, don’t say that! | 贝琪 别这么说 |
[37:01] | Now, you heard the man. | 你听到他说的了 |
[37:05] | These medications could be just as dangerous | 这些药物很可能和 |
[37:07] | as the one that got you hooked in the first place. | 最初让你上瘾的药同样危险 |
[37:11] | I’ve got to try something. | 我得去试试 |
[37:14] | I miss who I was. | 我很想念过去的我 |
[37:17] | This is–it’s not me. | 现在的这…这不是我 |
[37:22] | All right? | 好吗 |
[37:25] | It never has been. | 从不是真正的自己 |
[37:41] | I heard you that night, | 那天晚上我听见了 |
[37:44] | when you told me you liked girls. | 你跟我说你喜欢女生 |
[37:48] | And I’ve been killing myself for years I didn’t say nothing. | 我自责了很多年我当时什么也没说 |
[37:54] | I feel like this all happened | 我觉得这一切 |
[37:57] | because I stayed quiet that night. | 都是因为那晚我的沉默导致的 |
[38:01] | It didn’t. | 不是的 |
[38:05] | I promise you. | 我向你保证 |
[38:07] | I think maybe it did. | 我想或许是这样 |
[38:10] | Even just a little. | 就算只是部分原因 |
[38:15] | And I want you to know that when you’re better, | 我想告诉你 等你好一些 |
[38:18] | I want you to have a girlfriend. | 我希望你找个女朋友 |
[38:22] | And I’ll cook you both dinner and breakfast | 我会给你们俩做晚饭和早餐 |
[38:25] | and anything you two want. | 你们想吃什么都行 |
[38:31] | That sounds real nice. | 听起来很不错 |
[38:37] | I got to get better first. | 我得先好起来 |
[38:43] | I want to do this. | 我想试试 |
[38:51] | Okay, Betsy. I don’t– | 好的 贝琪 我不… |
[38:55] | Okay, we’ll take you to the clinic and give it a try. | 好的 我们送你去那个诊所试试 |
[39:08] | Here he comes. | 他来了 |
[39:15] | – Sir. – Thank you. | -先生 -谢谢 |
[39:18] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[39:26] | As we suspected… | 正如我们所料 |
[39:29] | the FDA ordered a label change | 药监局要求更换标签 |
[39:32] | and that label will have a black box warning on it. | 新标签将会加上黑框警告 |
[39:38] | We’re so fucked. | 我们完蛋了 |
[39:39] | Not necessarily. | 未必 |
[39:43] | There are a few surprises here. | 有几个惊喜 |
[39:46] | It says on page three | 在第三页上写了 |
[39:49] | the label is approved to say, | 他们同意标签上写 |
[39:52] | “addiction is reported to be rare.” | “据悉药品不易上瘾” |
[39:55] | Really? That’s huge. | 真的吗 这对我们意义重大 |
[39:57] | And we’re still allowed to keep selling for moderate pain. | 而且我们还能继续为中度疼痛患者销售该药品 |
[40:01] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[40:02] | It would’ve ended us | 如果只能卖给重病痛患者 |
[40:03] | if we were restricted to severe pain. | 那我们就真的完了 |
[40:04] | Oh, 100%. | 百分百完了 |
[40:05] | There’s one more big surprise. | 还有个大惊喜 |
[40:09] | The FDA has agreed to let us say… | 药监局同意让我们写… |
[40:14] | the drug can be used for an extended period of time. | 该药品可以长期使用 |
[40:22] | – You gotta be kidding. – No, I’m not. | -你在开玩笑吧 -不 我没有 |
[40:23] | What? | 什么 |
[40:25] | We can now tell doctors | 我们现在可以和医生们说 |
[40:26] | OxyContin is safe to use indefinitely. | 奥施康定可以安全地终身使用 |
[40:30] | Well done, son. Well done. | 干得漂亮 儿子 干得漂亮 |
[40:32] | How the fuck did we pull this off? | 我们是如何办到的 |
[40:35] | Yeah, when we discussed it with the FDA, | 是啊 我们和药监局商议时 |
[40:37] | they seemed open to it. | 他们似乎并不反对 |
[40:39] | I mean, Dr. Richard was right. | 理查德博士说得对 |
[40:41] | I don’t think they fully understood | 我认为他们并不完全理解 |
[40:42] | the true ramifications of, | 这种措辞 |
[40:44] | you know, what this wording would do. | 带来的真正后果 |
[40:45] | Oh, my God, I can’t believe how lucky we got. | 我的天 我简直不敢相信我们有多幸运 |
[40:49] | It’s luck with a little bit of a push. | 是幸运 和一点努力 |
[40:54] | Marketing has already run numbers | 市场部已经做了调查 |
[40:56] | and with this new language, | 有了这个新标签 |
[40:58] | they think we can triple our sales in two years. | 他们认为我们可以在两年内将销量翻三倍 |
[41:08] | Look, with this new language, | 这种新措辞 |
[41:09] | it’s not even really a black box warning, | 它甚至算不上黑框警告 |
[41:11] | it’s more like black box lite, | 更像是黑框警告精简版 |
[41:14] | and that is exactly what you need to be telling your doctors. | 而这正是你们需要告诉医生们的 |
[41:17] | – I don’t understand that. – What? | -我不理解 -什么 |
[41:19] | A black box label indicates the drug is much more dangerous | 黑框警告标签说明药品比我们多年来 |
[41:23] | than we’ve been telling doctors for years. | 向医生们说明的要危险许多 |
[41:24] | Absolutely not. | 当然不是 |
[41:26] | The new label itself says that it can be used | 新标签上写了它可以 |
[41:28] | for extended periods of time. | 长期服用 |
[41:32] | How dangerous can it be? | 能有多危险 |
[41:33] | And as far as the black box itself goes, | 至于黑框警告标签的问题 |
[41:36] | if it comes up, you tell your doctors | 如果提起来 你就和你的医生们说 |
[41:38] | that it is an “exercise in graphic design.” | 这是”平面设计的练习” |
[41:41] | Yeah. | 请说 |
[41:42] | I may be mistaken here, but this new label | 我可能错了 但这个新标签 |
[41:46] | gives us leeway to be even more aggressive now. | 给我们很大自由度 去运用更加激进的销售策略 |
[41:48] | Fuck yeah it does! | 没错 就是这样 |
[41:50] | The bosses think that we can double, | 老板们觉得用这个新措辞的标签 |
[41:52] | maybe triple sales with this new wording. | 我们可以将销量翻倍 甚至三倍 |
[42:34] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[42:35] | Hey, I, uh, came to find you. | 我…我来找你 |
[42:38] | I’m not feeling too good. | 我感觉不太好 |
[42:39] | I was going to ask you if I can take off. | 我想问问是否可以请假 |
[42:43] | That thing we talked about earlier? | 关于我们早前谈到过的那件事吗 |
[42:45] | Yeah, yeah. | 嗯 是的 |
[42:47] | – Okay. – Thanks. | -好吧 -谢谢 |
[42:51] | – Billy? – Yeah. | -比利 -嗯 |
[42:53] | Don’t let a piece of ass fuck up a career | 别让一个女人搅黄了 |
[42:55] | that’s about to get a lot more lucrative. | 你就要飞黄腾达的事业 |
[42:57] | Thank you. I won’t. | 谢谢 我不会的 |
[42:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:08] | This is an exhaustive DEA autopsy study | 这是缉毒署全面的尸检报告 |
[43:12] | that demonstrates the dangers of OxyContin | 显示奥施康定依照医嘱 |
[43:16] | when taken as prescribed. | 被服用的危险性 |
[43:19] | I’ve asked Deborah Leiderman, | 我已经请了黛博拉·莱德曼 |
[43:21] | the FDA’s controlled substances director, | 药监局的控制药品主管 |
[43:23] | to join us since we didn’t get the report ahead of time. | 加入我们 因为我们没能提前拿到这份报告 |
[43:27] | I thought her expertise would be necessary. | 我认为有必要借助她的专业知识 |
[43:29] | – Of course. – Thank you. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[43:33] | DEA pharmacologist David Govin | 缉毒署药理学家大卫·戈文 |
[43:35] | will now take you through the data | 会跟你们详述这些数据 |
[43:37] | which was derived from 1,304 autopsies. | 数据来源于1304例尸检 |
[43:45] | To start off, | 首先 |
[43:46] | we uncovered that 98% of our verified OxyContin user deaths | 我们发现98%确认因用过奥施康定的死者 |
[43:51] | were not drug abusers | 并非那些 |
[43:53] | who crushed and then snorted or injected the drug. | 碾碎该药 然后吸食或注射的瘾君子 |
[43:56] | They had simply swallowed it, as approved by the FDA. | 他们只是如药监局批准的方式吞服的 |
[44:01] | We know this to be true because we had photographs of the pills | 我们知道这是实情 因为我们有照片为证 |
[44:04] | intact in their stomachs at the time of autopsy. | 显示尸检时药片还安好无损在死者胃部 |
[44:09] | It’s not possible to determine OxyContin-verified deaths | 你们不可能确定他们是因服用奥施康定而死 |
[44:13] | since the toxicology reports usually do not list | 因为毒理检验报告通常不会列出 |
[44:16] | exact levels of the other drugs at the time of death. | 死亡时其他药物的精确含量 |
[44:19] | The DEA marked a death as OxyContin-verified | 缉毒署标记的服用奥施康定死亡案例 |
[44:21] | only if the level of OxyContin in the bloodstream | 是只有当血液中奥施康定的含量 |
[44:24] | was high enough to be deadly on its own. | 本身足以致死的那些 |
[44:27] | Assuming the measurements were accurate, | 假设检测结果是准确的 |
[44:29] | how do we know that? | 我们又怎么知道呢 |
[44:30] | Why would they be inaccurate? | 测量结果怎么会不准确呢 |
[44:31] | The data came directly from the autopsy reports. | 这些数据是直接从尸检报告产生的 |
[44:34] | And we only counted drug combinations | 而且我们只算了和镇定剂 |
[44:36] | with tranquilizers and anti-depressants, | 和抗抑郁的药物组合 |
[44:38] | drugs commonly prescribed with OxyContin | 这些药通常会和奥施康定一起开 |
[44:40] | to reduce anxiety amongst pain patients. | 来减轻患者疼痛时的焦虑 |
[44:42] | In all likelihood, | 很可能 |
[44:43] | we undercounted the number of OxyContin overdoses | 出于对准确性的谨慎考虑 |
[44:46] | out of an abundance of caution for accuracy. | 我们低估了奥施康定过量用药的案例数量 |
[44:49] | Okay, okay. First of all, | 好了 好了 首先 |
[44:51] | Purdue had not been given access to this data in advance, | 普渡制药没有事先得到这些数据 |
[44:54] | making it impossible for us to uncover errors | 这就使我们无法发现 |
[44:56] | made by these medical examiners. | 这些法医所犯的错误 |
[44:58] | And at first glance, the science appears to me | 而且粗略看了一下 在我看来报告的科学性 |
[45:02] | as rudimentary and overly simplistic. | 很不成熟 而且过度简单 |
[45:06] | If we had more time to respond, | 如果我们有更多的时间作出回应 |
[45:07] | we could make crystal clear how far off they are. | 我们可以完全消除他们现有的顾虑 |
[45:10] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[45:10] | This study is exhaustive… | 这个报告非常全面 |
[45:14] | thorough…conservative. | 彻底 结果也很保守 |
[45:19] | Deborah? | 黛博拉 |
[45:28] | I tend to agree with Purdue on this. | 我更偏向普渡制药的观点 |
[45:31] | These autopsy reports are inconclusive at this point. | 光凭这些尸检报告目前还无法下定论 |
[45:34] | Or at least not as definitive as the DEA has presented them. | 至少不像缉毒署所说的那样证据确凿 |
[45:38] | And our own data does not underscore the DEA’s analysis, | 且我们自己的数据未显示出缉毒署指出的问题 |
[45:41] | which to be honest, I also find ambiguous. | 老实说 我也觉得模棱两可 |
[45:45] | Based on this study alone, | 仅基于这份报告 |
[45:48] | I don’t find any cause for panic. | 我认为没必要造成恐慌 |
[45:50] | Great, great. | 很好 很好 |
[45:51] | So you’re just going to ignore the results? | 所以你们打算就这样忽略这些结果 |
[45:54] | I’m not ignoring them. I’m disagreeing with them. | 我没有在忽略它们 我只是不赞同 |
[45:57] | The FDA changed the warning label a year ago | 药监局在一年前就换掉了警示标签 |
[46:00] | and gave it a black box warning, | 还给它加了黑框警告 |
[46:01] | which was a harsh rebuke. And appropriate. | 这是个严厉的处罚 也很合理 |
[46:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[46:05] | But on this autopsy issue, I side with Purdue. | 但在这个尸检报告的问题上 我站普渡制药这边 |
[46:08] | And we completely agree. Thank you, Doctor. | 我们也完全同意 感谢您 医生 |
[46:10] | – Thank you. – Thank you, Cynthia. | -谢谢 -谢谢 辛西娅 |
[46:21] | Can’t fucking believe it. | 简直不敢相信 |
[46:24] | Oh, I just–I can’t believe it. | 我…我真的难以置信 |
[46:28] | Do you think that she was on the take? | 你觉得她是不是收了好处 |
[46:31] | That she intentionally sabotaged our investigation? | 她有意地破坏我们的调查 |
[46:33] | Well, maybe she just doesn’t like you. | 或许她只是不喜欢你 |
[46:35] | – Are you kidding? – No, I’m not. | -你在说笑吗 -不 不是 |
[46:38] | You shouldn’t have gone to the press first. | 你不该先去找媒体 |
[46:40] | You should’ve given them all the report before the meeting. | 你本该在会议前把报告给他们 |
[46:43] | Yeah, and then they would’ve coordinated a response. | 是啊 然后他们就可以合谋一个对策 |
[46:45] | Bridget, Bridget. | 布丽姬特 布丽姬特 |
[46:46] | Leiderman and McCormick don’t need to be on the take | 莱德曼和麦克考米克用不着收好处 |
[46:48] | to side with Purdue. | 去支持普渡制药 |
[46:50] | You don’t have to look any further than Curtis Wright’s new salary | 你只需要看看柯蒂斯·莱特新工作的薪水 |
[46:52] | to know why the FDA almost always sides with them. | 就知道为什么药监局几乎永远站在他们那边 |
[47:05] | They’re just being friendly to a potential future employer. | 他们只是对未来可能的雇主示好 |
[47:11] | That’s all this is, isn’t it? | 都是因为这个 对吧 |
[47:20] | I thought– I thought we’d celebrate. | 我想着…我想着能庆祝一下 |
[47:26] | I lost. | 我输了 |
[47:29] | The FDA sided with Purdue. | 药监局支持了普渡制药 |
[47:31] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[47:33] | They said our data wasn’t conclusive, which it was. | 他们说我们的数据无法下定论 但其实可以 |
[47:42] | The FDA just blew their shot to end the opioid crisis. | 药监局毁了能终结阿片类药物危机的机会 |
[47:47] | Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God, | 天呐 天呐 天呐 天呐 |
[47:49] | I’m so sorry. Oh, honey. | 我很抱歉 亲爱的 |
[47:56] | Come here. Come on, let’s sit down. | 过来 快 我们先坐下 |
[48:04] | Look, this has been on my mind for a long time. | 我已经考虑很长一段时间了 |
[48:11] | And this just confirms what I’ve been thinking. | 而这正证实了我的想法 |
[48:19] | Your job’s destroying your life. | 你的工作在毁掉你的生活 |
[48:21] | And I don’t think that they even appreciate it. | 我甚至不认为他们会感激你 |
[48:25] | I know that this is hard, | 我知道这很难 |
[48:26] | but have you thought maybe about doing something else? | 但你考虑过从事其他工作吗 |
[48:32] | In an unrelated field. | 完全不相干的领域 |
[48:34] | Just get away from these people. | 远离这些人 |
[48:35] | Okay, uh, this isn’t destroying my life. | 听我说 这没有在毁掉我的生活 |
[48:38] | It is my life. I love what I do. | 这就是我的生活 我喜欢我的工作 |
[48:42] | We can’t go on together living like this. | 我们不能继续这样生活在一起 |
[48:51] | My goal in life is… | 我人生的目标… |
[48:56] | not just to be your wife. | 不仅仅是作为你妻子 |
[49:04] | You know what, I know that your work is important. | 我知道你的工作很重要 |
[49:06] | I know that what you do is important. | 我知道你在做的这件事很重要 |
[49:09] | I just want to be important to you as well. | 我只是希望我对你来说也同样重要 |
[49:14] | We got married kind of late in life. | 我们结婚时已经不年轻 |
[49:17] | And it was supposed to make us happy. | 婚姻本该让我们幸福 |
[49:22] | I don’t think either of us is happy. | 但我不觉得我们任何一个人幸福 |
[49:50] | Hi, Alice. | 爱丽丝 |
[49:52] | Hi, John. | 约翰 |
[49:54] | This is Rick Mountcastle and Randy Ramseyer. | 这是里克·曼卡索和兰迪·拉姆塞尔 |
[49:56] | They’ve been running point on this case. | 他们在调查这个案子 |
[49:57] | This is Alice Fisher, head of the criminal division. | 这是爱丽丝·菲舍尔 刑事法庭庭长 |
[50:00] | A pleasure. I hear you’ve been doing great work. | 幸会 我听说你们在干很了不起的事 |
[50:02] | – Nice to meet you. – So, I’m curious. | -很高兴认识你 -我很好奇 |
[50:05] | If anyone hires Rudy Giuliani, Howard Shapiro, | 要是有人雇了鲁迪·朱利亚尼 霍华德·夏皮罗 |
[50:08] | and Mary Jo White, | 还有玛丽·乔·怀特 |
[50:09] | do they get a special audience with the DOJ | 他们能受到司法部的特别接见 |
[50:10] | to plead their case | 为自己的案子辩护吗 |
[50:11] | or is that just billionaires | 还是只有那些 |
[50:13] | with their names on museums? | 以自己名字命名博物馆的亿万富翁能这么干 |
[50:14] | That’s cute, John. | 真幽默 约翰 |
[50:17] | No, it is total bullshit that we’re even taking this meeting. | 我们开这个会简直毫无意义 |
[50:21] | And I hear Giuliani is lobbying everyone in the building | 我还听说朱利亚尼在游说这里的每个人 |
[50:23] | not to charge these guys with felonies. | 不要以重罪起诉那些家伙 |
[50:24] | Okay, the former mayor does not influence the DOJ. | 听着 前任市长不能影响司法部 |
[50:28] | Let’s just hear what they have to say | 我们先听听他们有什么要说的 |
[50:29] | and go from there. | 然后再做判断 |
[50:35] | We can provide hundreds of internal emails | 我们可以提供上百封内部邮件 |
[50:38] | to show how surprised these executives were | 表明这些高层管理人员知晓了 |
[50:40] | if there had been abuse prior to the year 2000. | 如果在2000年前就有药品滥用的情况有多惊讶 |
[50:43] | Yes, there had been random incidences, | 没错 是有几起随机事件 |
[50:46] | but all narcotic prescription drugs get abused to a certain extent. | 但所有的麻醉剂处方药都有一定程度的滥用情况 |
[50:50] | And there were no warning signs | 而且没有任何异常情况表明 |
[50:51] | that OxyContin had reached unusual levels. | 奥施康定的滥用情况达到了空前的程度 |
[50:53] | And it would be highly inappropriate and overzealous | 而且因为几个胡来的药代表行为 |
[50:56] | to charge individual executives with felonies | 以重罪起诉个别高层 |
[50:59] | for the actions of a few rogue sales reps. | 是极度不合理且小题大做的做法 |
[51:04] | Well, it’s been about a few hours. | 已经讨论好几个小时了 |
[51:06] | I’d hate to get too overzealous. | 我讨厌太过小题大做 |
[51:08] | Why don’t we take a quick break? | 我们不如短暂休息片刻 |
[51:13] | Come to my office. | 来下我的办公室 |
[51:21] | They have a legitimate defense. | 他们的辩护有道理 |
[51:23] | No. No, they don’t. | 不 并没有 |
[51:25] | Those are just their standard talking points–it’s bullshit. | 那只是他们的官方辞令 都是瞎说的 |
[51:28] | That doesn’t mean they won’t sway a jury. | 这并不意味着他们不能说服评审团 |
[51:30] | Look, these guys dropped this drug in my community, | 听我说 这些家伙在我的社区售卖这个药品 |
[51:33] | they addicted thousands of people, | 他们让成千上万人染上药瘾 |
[51:34] | and then they walked away with billions. | 然后他们赚得盆满钵满 |
[51:36] | They will either plead guilty | 他们要么自己认罪 |
[51:37] | or they’ll be convicted by a jury. | 要么也会被陪审团定罪 |
[51:38] | I’ve got a great case here. | 我的案子很有胜算 |
[51:40] | It’s a case that still has risks. | 这是个仍有风险的案子 |
[51:43] | Come in. | 进来 |
[51:53] | I don’t think you’re gonna find main Justice | 我不认为司法部会支持 |
[51:55] | will support felony charges against these executives. | 对这些高层的重罪起诉 |
[52:00] | Well, it’s not your call. | 这由不得你说了算 |
[52:02] | And I don’t report to you, so I’ll make my own decisions. | 你不是我的上级 所以我自己拿主意 |
[52:04] | I know it’s not my call. | 我知道这不是我说了算 |
[52:07] | And you’re correct. | 你也说得对 |
[52:09] | I have no decision-making power over charging. | 我无权决定起诉对象 |
[52:15] | Sorry, are you saying that | 不好意思 你是在说 |
[52:16] | this is coming from the deputy attorney general? | 这个决定是来自司法部副部长吗 |
[52:19] | I don’t believe you will find support at main Justice | 我不认为你能得到司法部 |
[52:23] | for felony charges against these individuals. | 对这些人的重罪起诉的支持 |
[52:52] | Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, | 抱歉 女士们 先生们 |
[52:53] | if I could have your attention. | 能听我说句话吗 |
[52:54] | Thank you so much for your lengthy presentation. | 非常感谢你们的长篇陈述 |
[52:56] | After careful consideration, | 经过认真考虑 |
[52:58] | I have decided to indict Michael Friedman, | 我决定以重罪起诉迈克尔·弗里德曼 |
[53:00] | Paul Goldenheim, and Howard Udell on felony charges. | 保罗·戈登海姆和霍华德·乌代尔 |
[53:03] | Have a great day. | 祝你们愉快 |
[53:09] | So how is this going to work if they won’t let us indict? | 如果他们不让我们起诉该怎么办 |
[53:17] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[53:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[53:28] | Hey, Grace, it’s Betsy. | 喂 格蕾丝 我是贝琪 |
[53:32] | Hey. How are you doing? | 嗨 你好吗 |
[53:36] | Oh, I’m–I’m good. | 我…我很好 |
[53:41] | I think I’m finally getting a handle on all this mess. | 我想我终于开始控制住我的情况了 |
[53:46] | Well, that’s great. | 太棒了 |
[53:51] | – How’s Eureka Springs? – Oh, you’d love it. | -尤里卡斯普林斯怎么样 -你肯定会喜欢的 |
[53:54] | It’s um– | 它… |
[53:56] | it’s like Oz for country queers. | 就像是乡村酷儿的《绿野仙踪》 |
[54:02] | I’d–I’d love to come by sometime. | 我…我想找个时间去看你 |
[54:07] | Oh, yeah, you should. | 好啊 你该过来 |
[54:09] | Ah, it’d be great to see you. | 能见到你我会很高兴的 |
[54:11] | Hey, uh… | 那个… |
[54:15] | do you think that– maybe that when I’m better… | 你觉得…等我好点的时候 |
[54:21] | we could, uh… | 或许我们可以… |
[54:25] | try again? | 再试试 |
[54:28] | Start over? | 重新开始 |
[54:35] | I don’t think that would work. | 我想恐怕不行 |
[54:38] | But, uh, I’d sure love to be friends. | 但…我希望我们是朋友 |
[54:51] | Yeah. I– | 好的 我… |
[54:55] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[54:59] | Be real nice to be friends. | 做朋友就很好了 |
[55:08] | Take care, Grace. | 保重 格蕾丝 |
[55:10] | You too, Bets. | 你也是 贝琪 |
[55:36] | It’s been a while since I’ve seen you. | 我有阵子没见到你了 |
[55:39] | Yeah, well, I’m starting Suboxone tomorrow. | 是啊 我明天开始服用苏博酮 |
[55:44] | So…give me one hell of a sendoff. | 那么…给我最后一剂作为告别 |
[55:49] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[57:35] | I’m so sorry, Diane. I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 黛安 我很遗憾 |
[58:31] | Hello? | 喂 |
[58:32] | Hey, Diane, it’s Sam Finnix. | 喂 黛安 我是塞缪尔·芬尼克斯 |
[58:34] | I’m just waiting here. | 我一直在这儿等 |
[58:38] | You and Betsy are still coming, right? | 你和贝琪会来的 是吧 |
[58:42] | I’m sorry, but Betsy’s in heaven now. | 抱歉 但贝琪现在在天堂 |
[58:51] | My girl is finally out of her pain. | 我女儿终于摆脱了痛苦 |
[58:54] | That– | 这… |
[59:24] | New medicines are changing the world. | 新药品正在改变世界 |
[59:27] | They can cure diseases once thought incurable. | 它们能治愈曾被以为不可治愈的疾病 |
[59:31] | They can bring joy… | 它们可以将欢乐带去 |
[59:33] | where there was once only pain. | 曾经只有痛苦的地方 |
[59:36] | It has truly been an honor to testify before this committee | 我感到非常荣幸 能在委员会前 |
[59:40] | on a subject that means so much to me and my family. | 为这个对我和我家族来说意义非凡的项目作证 |
[59:45] | And I’d like to leave you with one very important thought. | 我想告诉你们一个非常重要的观点 |
[59:51] | No laws or regulations | 没有任何法律或法规 |
[59:54] | will ever be able to stop the miracle that is modern pharmaceuticals. | 能够阻挡现代医药的奇迹 |
[1:00:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:11] | The record speaks for itself. | 记录就是最好的证明 |