时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Richard, you vastly overspent, | 理查德 你严重超支 |
[00:03] | and it’s not unreasonable that we would be upset. | 我们感到生气 焦虑也是合理的 |
[00:05] | It’ll work. I promise you. | 会成功的 我保证 |
[00:07] | The FDA created a special label | 药监局专门创造了一个特别标签 |
[00:10] | to say that it’s less addictive. | 声明它更不易上瘾 |
[00:12] | I would never prescribe a narcotic for moderate pain. | 我从未给中度疼痛的病人开过麻醉剂 |
[00:14] | That fucking label caused everything. | 那个狗屁标签是万恶之源 |
[00:16] | This drug has only been on the market for three years, | 这药才上市三年 |
[00:18] | and there’s already been a spike in overdoses. | 就已出现服药过量的情况 |
[00:19] | 儿童遗弃上升 儿童虐待 未成年人卖淫 | |
[00:21] | Our community is ground zero | 我们的社区是一场 |
[00:23] | for a growing national catastrophe. | 正在蔓延的全国灾难的原点 |
[00:26] | We’re gonna do everything we can | 我们要尽己所能 |
[00:27] | to hold someone accountable. | 找到责任人 |
[00:28] | But you got all these people. | 但这些人 |
[00:29] | They almost never mention OxyContin by name | 他们几乎从未直接提到奥施康定 |
[00:32] | in the video promoting OxyContin. | 而这是一则奥施康定的宣传片 |
[00:33] | And this video is | 这视频是 |
[00:34] | the first major introduction of OxyContin. | 奥施康定的第一个重要推广 |
[00:36] | Prove they’re lying about the dangers of the drug | 证明他们明知道药物的威胁性 |
[00:38] | and that they’re selling it anyway. | 却还是照卖不误 |
[00:39] | I can’t lose my job. | 我不能失业 |
[00:40] | I gotta make enough money to get out of here. | 我得挣够钱好离开这里 |
[00:42] | There’s a new drug. The FDA said it’s safe. | 有种新药 药监局说它很安全 |
[00:57] | Do you solemnly swear that you will correctly transcribe | 你是否庄严宣誓将尽己所能 |
[00:59] | to the best of your ability all of the testimony | 准确无误地转录每一位证人 |
[01:02] | given by each and every witness testifying in the matter | 就大陪审团现在审议的事件 |
[01:04] | now pending before this grand jury | 所提供的所有证词 |
[01:06] | and that you will keep secret and divulge to no one | 并对此保密 不对任何人透露 |
[01:09] | any of the proceedings of this grand jury, so help you God? | 大陪审团的一切法律程序 上帝保佑 |
[01:12] | I do. | 我宣誓 |
[01:27] | It takes 10 to 15 years for a new drug | 一款新药从构想 |
[01:30] | to complete the journey from inception to the marketplace. | 到上市新药10到15年 |
[01:45] | If OxyContin had failed when it launched in 1996, | 如果奥施康定1996年上市时失败了 |
[01:49] | what would have been the consequences? | 会造成什么后果 |
[01:51] | Purdue Pharma would have lost $40 million | 普渡制药会损失四千万美元 |
[01:53] | with no significant product in the pipeline. | 而且还没有其他重要药物在研发阶段 |
[01:58] | Big day, right? | 今天很重要 是吧 |
[02:00] | First sets of numbers coming in? | 第一组数据要出来了 |
[02:03] | I’m sure they’ll be fine. | 肯定会没事的 |
[02:23] | And how much damage would that have inflicted | 那对普渡制药的伤害 |
[02:25] | on Purdue Pharma? | 会有多大 |
[02:26] | It likely would have sunk the entire company. | 很可能会让整个公司倒闭 |
[02:34] | They’re not bad. | 还不错 |
[02:35] | We can do better. | 我们还能做得更好 |
[02:37] | How’s our video testimonial coming? | 视频证词制作的怎么样了 |
[02:40] | A bit slow. | 有点慢 |
[02:41] | The drug is so new, | 药物太新 |
[02:42] | there’s not a lot of people | 目前能为它 |
[02:42] | who can testify to it at this point. | 作证的人并不多 |
[02:45] | – Then find some. – Yes, sir. | -那就去找人来 -是 先生 |
[02:47] | Physicians need to know | 医生们需要知道 |
[02:48] | it can take its place next to penicillin | 它可以与盘尼西林比肩 |
[02:51] | as one of the most important in the history of medicine. | 成为医药史上最浓墨重彩的一笔 |
[02:55] | Let’s hold more weekend seminars | 我们再举办更多的周末研讨会 |
[02:58] | to explain to physicians | 向医生们解释 |
[03:00] | how truly revolutionary this drug is. | 这种药究竟多么具有革命性 |
[03:06] | It’s your favorite pharma rep. | 是你最喜欢的药代表 |
[03:08] | If he’s gonna bribe you for access, | 如果他要贿赂你放他进来 |
[03:09] | you should get more than flowers. | 你该要比花更好的东西 |
[03:11] | How about a mani-pedi next time? | 下次送你美甲如何 |
[03:12] | Yes, please. | 好啊 拜托了 |
[03:14] | And your present, Doc, | 还有你的礼物 医生 |
[03:16] | is a pen with a titration chart in it. | 是带有滴定法图标的笔 |
[03:20] | – There you go. – Thanks. | -给 -谢谢 |
[03:22] | Think I’d rather have flowers. | 我还是更喜欢花 |
[03:25] | So now that you bought your way into my office, | 既然你已经花钱进了我的办公室 |
[03:27] | what do you need? | 有什么事 |
[03:28] | – Can we sit for a minute? – Sure. | -我们坐会儿吧 -好 |
[03:30] | I wanted to extend an exciting invitation your way. | 我想向你提出一个激动人心的邀请 |
[03:36] | Purdue want to invite you to an all-expenses paid trip | 普渡制药想邀请你去亚利桑那州斯科茨代尔 |
[03:40] | to Scottsdale, Arizona, at a five-star resort | 一家五星级度假村 听疼痛专家 |
[03:44] | to hear pain experts discuss new treatments. | 谈论新疗法 费用全包 |
[03:47] | Even allowed to do that? Isn’t it illegal or something? | 这样可以吗 不违法吗 |
[03:50] | Oh, you kidding me? No, it absolutely is. | 开玩笑吗 当然不违法 |
[03:52] | All the pharmas do it, and, you know, these seminars, | 制药公司都这么干 这些研讨会 |
[03:55] | they’re a lot of fun, and they’re very informative. | 很有趣 也很能长见识 |
[03:59] | I can’t. I’ve got–I’ve got a full practice, | 我不能去 我工作很忙 |
[04:01] | even on weekends. | 周末也一样 |
[04:03] | – Too many folks. – Right. | -病人太多 -嗯 |
[04:04] | But the seminar | 但研讨会 |
[04:05] | would be an extension of your work here. | 算是你在这里的工作的延伸 |
[04:08] | There’ll be a lot of pain experts, | 很多疼痛专家都会去 |
[04:09] | and you’ll walk away with some great tips. | 你能得到一些很好的建议 |
[04:11] | Take your wife, you know? | 带你妻子一起去吧 |
[04:13] | Two of you could have a relaxing spa weekend. | 你们可以度过一个放松身心的水疗周末 |
[04:16] | My wife passed away from ovarian cancer, so… | 我妻子因卵巢癌过世了 |
[04:21] | – Oh, my God. – Yeah. | -天啊 -嗯 |
[04:22] | – I’m sorry. – Yeah. | -真抱歉 -嗯 |
[04:24] | It’s all right. It’s all right. | 没事 没事 |
[04:26] | Well, um, I’ll keep checking in with you. | 那我回头再来问你 |
[04:29] | And, uh… think about Scottsdale. | 想想吧 斯科茨代尔哦 |
[04:33] | Sure. | 好 |
[04:35] | It’ll be fun, Doc. | 肯定好玩的 医生 |
[04:48] | Hey, Logan. | 洛根 |
[04:49] | I’ve been wanting to check on you. | 我一想给你看看 |
[04:51] | Wanna take a look at that shoulder. | 看看你的肩膀 |
[04:53] | Doing the same. | 还是那样 |
[04:55] | Still can’t lift it more– much more than that. | 还是只能抬到这里 |
[04:58] | Pains the shoulder something awful. | 肩膀疼得难受 |
[05:00] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[05:01] | Been more than six years, Doc. | 都六年多了 医生 |
[05:03] | Yeah, I know. I know. | 我知道 |
[05:07] | Hey, there’s a new medication I might want you to try. | 我想让你试一种新药 |
[05:12] | What kind of medication’s that? | 什么样的药 |
[05:14] | When a patient first takes OxyContin, | 病人刚开始服用奥施康定时 |
[05:16] | it can be very effective. | 的确很有效 |
[05:20] | The patient often feels like | 病人往往会觉得 |
[05:21] | their life has been instantly transformed. | 他们的人生立刻变得不同了 |
[05:26] | Unfortunately, the drug didn’t always work as Purdue claimed. | 很不幸 药效并不总如普渡制药宣称的那样 |
[05:29] | Oh, how so? | 怎么说 |
[05:38] | So we’ve been getting some complaints from patients | 有病人和医生提出抱怨 |
[05:40] | and doctors that the drug isn’t lasting 12 hours. | 药效不能坚持12小时 |
[05:44] | People are waking up in the middle of the night in pain. | 人们大半夜被疼醒 |
[05:47] | Our entire FDA approval is based on the fact | 药监局的批准就是看重 |
[05:50] | that it’s a 12-hour drug. | 药效能持续12小时 |
[05:52] | Insurance companies and hospitals won’t cover it | 如果不能坚持12小时 |
[05:54] | if it doesn’t last the full 12 hours. | 保险公司和医院就不会承保了 |
[05:58] | How did this happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[05:59] | Well, we always knew it was a possibility | 我们一直知道药效可能 |
[06:00] | that the drug wouldn’t last 12 hours. | 无法坚持12小时 |
[06:03] | The Puerto Rico testing only hit at 50%– | 波多黎各的测试只达到了50% |
[06:05] | The FDA only requires a 50% threshold. | 药监局只要求达到50% |
[06:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:12] | That will be all. | 就这样吧 |
[06:28] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[06:29] | We’ll figure this out. | 我们会有办法的 |
[06:31] | It’s an excellent drug. | 这是种好药 |
[06:40] | You’ve got your mother worried sick about you, Richie. | 你妈妈担心死你了 理查 |
[06:45] | Well, our patent expired. | 我们的专利过期了 |
[06:46] | Dad would be dead without a replacement. | 没有替代品 就死定了 |
[06:49] | Because ear wax just isn’t good enough for you. | 因为你不满足于耳屎吗 |
[06:54] | Forgive me for trying to… | 请原谅我 |
[06:56] | make us more than the Betadine family. | 不满足于只做必妥碘家族 |
[06:59] | I know, I know, you’ve got grand ambitions, | 我知道 你有远大志向 |
[07:04] | but I am concerned you’re going to become Icarus. | 但我担心你会变成飞向太阳的伊卡洛斯 |
[07:11] | If OxyContin does what I think it can, | 如果奥施康定能达成我构想的目标 |
[07:16] | then it’s gonna be bigger than anything Uncle Arthur ever dreamed. | 它会比亚瑟叔叔的一切梦想更伟大 |
[07:21] | Richie… | 理查 |
[07:24] | Arthur is dead. | 亚瑟死了 |
[07:35] | When Roche hired Arthur Sackler to market Valium, | 罗奇雇亚瑟·赛克勒来营销安定时 |
[07:40] | he needed to find a way to separate it from Librium. | 他需要想个办法把它跟利眠宁区别开 |
[07:42] | So Arthur devised a specific medical condition | 于是亚瑟创造了一种特定的医学病症 |
[07:49] | called psychic tension. | 称之为精神紧张 |
[07:52] | Where Librium was taken for anxiety, | 利眠宁是缓解焦虑的 |
[07:54] | you would need a much stronger medication for psychic tension. | 但针对精神紧张需要更强效的药 |
[07:59] | And thus, Valium became | 于是 安定成了 |
[08:02] | the number one tranquilizer on the market | 市面上第一号的镇定药物 |
[08:06] | by creating the condition known as psychic tension. | 就是靠创造所谓的精神紧张症 |
[08:17] | Now, we have created the greatest painkiller | 我们创造了人类文明史上 |
[08:21] | in the history of human civilization… | 最伟大的止痛药 |
[08:26] | and all we have to do to ensure the world gets it | 我们如果想让世界都明白这一点 |
[08:31] | is to figure out a medical condition | 就需要构想一种病症 |
[08:34] | that would require an OxyContin patient… | 让奥施康定的服用者 |
[08:40] | to double their dose. | 需要加倍剂量 |
[08:47] | Today we’re gonna talk about a medical condition | 今天我们要谈一种病症 |
[08:49] | known as breakthrough pain. | 爆发性疼痛 |
[08:51] | Neither common nor rare, | 它并不多见也不少见 |
[08:52] | breakthrough pain is a specific type of pain | 爆发性疼痛是一种特定的疼痛 |
[08:56] | that breaks through the 12-hour cycle. | 它会在12小时药效期间出现 |
[08:59] | Yeah, I’ve had several complaints– | 我是收到了很多人的抱怨 |
[09:00] | or should I say questions– | 或者该说质疑 |
[09:02] | about the drug not lasting 12 hours. | 说药效不能维系12小时 |
[09:04] | All right, what you need to do | 好 你们只需要 |
[09:06] | is tell your doctors that their patients | 跟医生们说 这些病人 |
[09:09] | are experiencing breakthrough pain. | 是遭受了爆发性疼痛 |
[09:12] | But we have an effective solution | 但我们有个很有效的解决办法 |
[09:14] | that will allow their patients | 能让病人们 |
[09:15] | to get a full night’s sleep on OxyContin. | 靠奥施康定安眠整夜 |
[09:19] | All they have to do is double the dose. | 他们只需要把剂量翻倍 |
[09:22] | So if they are on 10 milligrams, | 如果他们在服10毫克的 |
[09:25] | they double the dose to 20. | 就改服20毫克 |
[09:28] | If they’re already on 20, they double to 40. | 如果他们本就服20毫克 就服40毫克 |
[09:39] | Hey, if this drug isn’t working like we say it is, | 如果这药不像我们说的那么好用 |
[09:44] | doctors are gonna stop prescribing it. | 医生就不会再开了 |
[09:47] | Then maybe you should start selling Viagra. | 那或许你该去改卖伟哥 |
[09:50] | Thanks for the help. | 谢谢帮忙了 |
[09:52] | Look, the 20 and 40 milligrams | 听着 20和40毫克的药 |
[09:54] | are two and four times more expensive than the 10. | 比10毫克的贵两倍和四倍 |
[09:57] | So if we can convince doctors to double their doses, | 所以如果我们能说服医生把剂量翻倍 |
[10:00] | we will be doubling our paychecks. | 我们的工资也能翻倍 |
[10:02] | Yeah, I get that, but… | 我知道 但… |
[10:05] | what if it doesn’t work? | 但如果它不好用呢 |
[10:06] | No drug is going to work perfectly for every patient, | 没有哪种药会对每一个病人都十分好用 |
[10:10] | and that’s not our problem. | 那不是我们的问题 |
[10:12] | Our job is to sell. | 我们的工作就是卖药 |
[10:16] | Then I guess we double the dose. | 那我们就翻倍剂量吧 |
[10:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:19] | Doc, I was able to get some information on the 12-hour issue, | 医生 我拿到了关于12小时药效问题的信息 |
[10:23] | and, uh, it’s not uncommon. | 这并不少见 |
[10:25] | What your patient’s experiencing is breakthrough pain, | 你的病人所遭受的是爆发性疼痛 |
[10:29] | and it can happen hours nine and ten, | 可能会在第九或第十个小时里发生 |
[10:31] | especially if the pain is uniquely acute. | 尤其是如果疼痛非常剧烈 |
[10:34] | Breakthrough pain. | 爆发性疼痛 |
[10:35] | I’ve never heard of breakthrough pain. | 这我从未听过 |
[10:37] | You really haven’t? | 真的吗 |
[10:38] | Well, it’s a–it’s a term used primarily by, uh– | 这个词主要是 |
[10:43] | by pain specialists, you know? | 疼痛专家在用 |
[10:45] | And the solution is–is simple. | 解决方法很简单 |
[10:47] | You, uh–you just double the dose. | 只需要翻倍剂量 |
[10:50] | So if they’re on 10 milligrams, | 如果病人在服10毫克 |
[10:52] | you know, you bump them up to 20. | 就翻倍到20毫克 |
[10:54] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不不 |
[10:55] | No, that’s–that’s too strong for a narcotic. | 麻醉剂这么用太多了 |
[10:57] | I’ll just switch her to Percocet | 我还是让她用扑热息痛 |
[10:59] | or low-dose morphine pills. | 或小剂量的吗啡吧 |
[11:02] | Doc, I wouldn’t do that. | 医生 最好别 |
[11:04] | Tho–those drugs, you know, they’re not– | 那些药 它们… |
[11:07] | they’re not non-addictive in the way that–that OC is. | 它们不像奥施康定那样不成瘾 |
[11:11] | And it’s perfectly safe to–to double the dose. | 而且剂量翻倍是完全安全的 |
[11:13] | You’re telling me that your drug | 你是说你的药 |
[11:15] | is the only drug in the world that can help my patients? | 是这世上唯一能帮助我的病人的药吗 |
[11:19] | Well, ye–I mean, I’m saying– | 我是说… |
[11:21] | I’m saying it’s your best option, you know? | 这是你最佳的选择 |
[11:24] | Have you had a number of patients | 你有哪个病人 |
[11:26] | with–with breakthrough pain issues? | 有爆发性疼痛的问题吗 |
[11:28] | Well, I guess I just got one. | 就一个 |
[11:30] | I don’t know, I’ve only got four people on it, Billy. | 我不知道 我只给四个人开了 比利 |
[11:33] | Right, but they’re all doing great, right? | 嗯 但他们的情况都很好吧 |
[11:35] | Yeah, it’s been very effective, actually. | 说实话 是很有效 |
[11:38] | See? There you go. | 是吧 这不就是了 |
[11:39] | I–I’d stay away from morphine, Doc. | 还是别碰吗啡的好 医生 |
[11:42] | You know, it’s not, uh, it’s not 1894 anymore. | 现在可不是1894年了 |
[11:45] | Teddy Roosevelt isn’t president. | 总统已经不是泰迪·罗斯福了 |
[11:47] | Well, Teddy Roosevelt wasn’t president then either, | 1894年的总统本来就不是泰迪·罗斯福 |
[11:50] | but I get your point. | 但我明白你的意思 |
[11:54] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[11:56] | Yeah, I guess morphine would probably be too strong | 用吗啡给她治疗背痛 |
[11:59] | for her back injury anyway. | 可能是太过了 |
[12:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:08] | Uh, so–sorry, Doc. | 抱歉 医生 |
[12:09] | I think you cut out there. | 你刚刚好像信号不好 |
[12:12] | I think doubling her up to 20 milligrams will do the trick. | 给她加到20毫克应该就行了 |
[12:15] | Just–just give it a try. | 就试试吧 |
[12:16] | All right, I’ll let you go. | 好 我不打扰你了 |
[12:18] | Bye. | 再见 |
[12:20] | So, um, there’s a new issue. | 现在有了新问题 |
[12:24] | A number of doctors have the misconception | 有些医生误解 |
[12:26] | OxyContin is less powerful than morphine, | 奥施康定的药效没有吗啡强 |
[12:28] | when, as you know, it’s much more powerful, and, uh, | 但其实 你知道 它比吗啡强 |
[12:32] | the confusion has started to come up more frequently. | 这种误解出现的越来越频繁了 |
[12:35] | What are some of the side effects associated with morphine? | 吗啡的一些副作用包括什么 |
[12:38] | Difficulty breathing, | 呼吸困难 |
[12:39] | sedation, coma, and death. | 镇静状态 昏迷 死亡 |
[12:43] | And is OxyContin more potent than morphine? | 奥施康定是不是比吗啡药效更强 |
[12:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:47] | Its active ingredient, oxycodone, | 它的有效成分 氧可酮 |
[12:49] | is twice as potent. | 药效是吗啡的两倍 |
[12:50] | And thus twice as dangerous. | 因此也两倍危险 |
[12:52] | I think it would be extremely dangerous | 这款产品才刚刚上市 |
[12:54] | at this early stage in the life of this product | 现在向医生们说明 |
[12:56] | to, um, clarify for physicians | 我们的药比吗啡更强 |
[12:59] | that our drug is stronger than morphine. | 是非常危险的 |
[13:02] | So we do not plan to do anything about that. | 所以我们并不打算采取什么措施 |
[13:08] | And I agree with you. | 我同意 |
[13:10] | Well, you’ll be happy to know | 你可以放心了 |
[13:12] | you’re not the first person | 你不是第一个 |
[13:13] | who can’t sleep through the night. | 不能整夜安眠的人 |
[13:15] | That’s not uncommon. | 这并不少见 |
[13:17] | So we’ve got two options. | 我们有两个选择 |
[13:20] | We can, uh, switch you to a different medication. | 可以给你换药 |
[13:23] | No, I-I don’t wanna switch. | 不 我不想换药 |
[13:26] | This works better than anything I’ve ever used before. | 这药比我用过的任何药效果都好 |
[13:30] | Okay, well, option two is I can double your dose | 好 那第二个选择就是给你翻倍药量 |
[13:32] | to 20 milligrams. | 改服20毫克 |
[13:34] | But if that doesn’t work, we’ll switch to something else. | 如果还不行 我就给你换药 |
[13:38] | And if you’re still having a hard time | 如果你还晚上 |
[13:40] | sleeping through the night, you call me. | 还是睡不着 你就联系我 |
[13:42] | And if you don’t call me, girl… | 如果你不联系我 丫头 |
[13:45] | Then you’ll call me. | 你会联系我的 |
[13:46] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[13:49] | So how’s those moving plans of yours coming along? | 你的搬家计划怎么样了 |
[13:57] | I don’t know. Maybe I just keep my head down | 我不知道 或许我还是低调做人 |
[14:00] | and figure it out in a year or so. | 过个一年再考虑吧 |
[14:07] | You know, when Shelly told me, | 谢丽当初跟我说 |
[14:09] | “I want to move to Finch Creek,” | “我要搬去芬奇溪”时 |
[14:13] | I thought, “Finch Creek? | 我想 “芬奇溪 |
[14:15] | Are you nuts? Finch Creek?” | 你疯了吗 芬奇溪 |
[14:16] | I mean, I’m from this little town | 我就来自宾州西南的 |
[14:18] | in southwest Pennsylvania. | 一座小镇 |
[14:19] | That’s like New York City compared to Finch Creek. | 可是跟芬奇溪比 那里就像纽约市了 |
[14:22] | I loved it the minute I got here. | 我一来到这里就爱上了这里 |
[14:25] | Best decision I ever made. | 那是我最好的决定 |
[14:28] | So if you wanna move to Eureka Springs, | 所以如果你想搬去尤里卡斯普林斯 |
[14:32] | you just go ahead and dive in the deep end and do it. | 你就尽管去吧 |
[14:38] | All right? | 好吗 |
[14:40] | You can always come back. | 你总还能回来嘛 |
[14:42] | Can I always move back? | 我还能搬回来吗 |
[14:48] | Thanks, Doc. | 谢谢 医生 |
[14:49] | Bye. | 再见 |
[14:57] | Can you just confirm that you’re the ad agency | 你们能否确认你们就是制作了 |
[15:00] | that made the I Got My Life Back promotional video? | 《我重拾生活》宣传片的广告公司 |
[15:02] | Yes, that was ours. | 是 是我们 |
[15:04] | After reviewing it, we were curious | 我们看过之后 很想知道 |
[15:06] | as to why nobody says “OxyContin” | 为什么没人说过”奥施康定” |
[15:10] | in a video designed to promote OxyContin. | 毕竟这视频的目的就是推广奥施康定 |
[15:14] | – They don’t? – No. | -是这样吗 -是啊 |
[15:15] | There’s maybe one mention, 40 minutes. | 40分钟时好像有人提过一次 |
[15:17] | Everyone just says either, uh, | 其他人只说 |
[15:20] | “the pain medication” or “the pain medicine.” | “止痛药”或是”疼痛药” |
[15:23] | You got people tying themselves up not to say OxyContin. | 人们为了不说奥施康定简直费尽心思 |
[15:26] | Now, why is that? | 这是为什么 |
[15:29] | I don’t remember, and that shoot was years ago. | 我不记得了 拍摄是多年前的事了 |
[15:32] | And it’s important our clients know | 而且我们的客户需要知道 |
[15:33] | we won’t disclose internal communication. | 我们不会透露内部沟通的内容 |
[15:35] | And it’s important that you know | 你们要知道 |
[15:36] | that we have subpoena power. | 我们可以传唤你们 |
[15:38] | So you can either answer our questions here, | 你们要么现在回答我们的问题 |
[15:40] | or you can answer ’em under oath | 要么去弗吉尼亚州罗诺克的 |
[15:41] | in front of a grand jury in Roanoke, Virginia. | 大陪审团面前 宣誓回答 |
[15:43] | Which is beautiful this time of year. | 每年这时那里可美了 |
[15:47] | You see, guys, right now, we view y’all as witnesses, | 是这样 我们现在把你们视为证人 |
[15:50] | but that can quickly change to suspects. | 但也很容易变成嫌疑人 |
[15:57] | Look, this was all a long time ago, okay? | 这都是很久以前了 好吗 |
[16:00] | But we might’ve been given instructions | 但我们可能接到了指示 |
[16:01] | that they didn’t want the participants | 他们不希望参与者 |
[16:03] | to say the name of the medication. | 把药物的名字说出来 |
[16:05] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[16:07] | If I recall, the original concept | 如果我没记错 原本的创意 |
[16:10] | wasn’t to promote OxyContin. | 并不是推广奥施康定 |
[16:13] | They just wanted us to do a public service announcement | 他们只是要我们做一个缓解疼痛的 |
[16:15] | for pain relief. | 公益宣传 |
[16:17] | That might’ve been why Purdue didn’t want anyone | 这或许是普渡制药不希望任何人提到 |
[16:19] | to name a specific drug. | 某种特定药物的原因 |
[16:21] | But there are titles at the end | 但最后的标题上 |
[16:23] | that say OxyContin. | 写了奥施康定 |
[16:25] | And it’s written at the bottom of the screen | 而且屏幕底端还注明了每位病人 |
[16:27] | the exact milligrams each patient’s on. | 精确的用药量 |
[16:29] | You need to clarify this issue. | 你们得把这事说清楚 |
[16:33] | We were given instructions to add the OxyContin graphics | 我们拍摄结束 剪辑视频时 |
[16:36] | after the shoot while we were editing the video. | 才接到指示要加上奥施康定的字样 |
[16:38] | So it started out as a PSA, | 所以起初说是做公益广告 |
[16:41] | and then somewhere in the post-production process, | 然后在后期制作的过程中 |
[16:43] | it became a promotional video for OxyContin? | 才变成了奥施康定的宣传片吗 |
[16:45] | Is that what happened? | 是这样吗 |
[16:46] | We just did what they wanted. | 我们只是按他们的要求来的 |
[16:48] | They said, “Make a PSA,” so that’s what we shot. | 他们说”拍公益广告” 我们就拍了 |
[16:50] | Then in post, they said “Add the OxyContin titles,” | 后期制作时 他们又说”加上奥施康定标题” |
[16:54] | so we did. | 我们就加了 |
[16:55] | So who at Purdue Pharma | 是普渡制药的哪个人 |
[16:56] | gave you these specific instructions? | 向你下达了这些具体的指示 |
[17:02] | Oh, let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[17:03] | They had no names of any upper-level Purdue executives | 他们无法将任何普渡制药上层的高管 |
[17:05] | – tied to the video. – No, sir. | -跟视频联系起来 -对 |
[17:07] | Purdue went to great lengths to make sure there were | 普渡制药费尽心思确保了不会有 |
[17:09] | no executives’ fingerprints on anything. | 高管在此事上留下痕迹 |
[17:12] | Like I said, that’s where it gets murky, | 我说了 这里是笔糊涂账 |
[17:13] | but we’ll keep digging. | 但我们会继续查的 |
[17:14] | Won’t be our entire case, | 我们不会全靠这个 |
[17:15] | but it could be great in terms of proving fraud. | 但这能有力地证明欺诈行为 |
[17:18] | Or at least get a judge to grant us access | 至少能让法官准许我们 |
[17:19] | to all Purdue’s internal files. | 查阅所有的普渡制药资料 |
[17:21] | Well, you better find something big, and fast, | 你们最后赶紧找到猛料 |
[17:24] | because we’ve got a situation | 因为我们遇到了 |
[17:25] | that might shut this whole thing down. | 可能会让整件事中止的情况 |
[17:28] | I just got a call from Main Justice. | 我刚接到了司法部的电话 |
[17:30] | The Deputy Attorney General wants us to go to DC | 副总检察长要我们去华府 |
[17:32] | to discuss this case with him. | 跟他商量这件案子 |
[17:34] | That’s–that’s unusual this early in the case. | 案子还在初期 这样很不寻常 |
[17:37] | I know. | 是啊 |
[17:38] | If I’m getting calls, it must mean that someone | 如果我接到电话了 肯定是 |
[17:40] | with a lot of influence really doesn’t like what we’re doing. | 很有影响力的人不喜欢我们在做的事 |
[17:43] | When does he wanna meet with us? | 他要什么时候见我们 |
[17:46] | In two weeks. | 两周后 |
[17:48] | You ever met James Comey in person? | 你们见过詹姆斯·科米本人吗 |
[17:50] | No. What’s he like? | 没有 他什么样 |
[17:52] | He’s very tall. | 很高 |
[17:54] | I’m gonna need more on this video | 如果还想继续查案 |
[17:55] | if we’re gonna keep this case open, you got it? | 视频的事还得找到更多证据 知道了吗 |
[17:58] | Find me something good. | 给我找点好的来 |
[18:34] | Thanks, all, for coming out to North Carolina for this operation. | 谢谢大家为此次行动从北卡罗莱纳州远道而来 |
[18:37] | Everyone on this list participated in a video | 这份名单上的所有人都参与了一部名为 |
[18:40] | entitled I Got My Life Back. | 《我重拾生活》的视频的拍摄 |
[18:42] | This video could be a key piece of evidence | 该视频可能是证明普渡制药 |
[18:43] | in proving Purdue committed fraud | 在奥施康定的宣传过程中 |
[18:45] | in the promotion of OxyContin. | 有欺诈行为的关键证据 |
[18:47] | To better ascertain the details of the video, | 为了更好地确定视频的细节 |
[18:49] | we’ll interview each of them simultaneously. | 我们要同时询问他们每个人 |
[18:52] | Give them less of a chance to coordinate their stories. | 这样他们就没什么机会串供 |
[19:01] | What do you want? | 什么事 |
[19:02] | I’m Rick Mountcastle with the federal government. | 我是联邦政府的里克·曼卡索 |
[19:10] | – Can I help you? – Yes, ma’am. | -有事吗 -是的 女士 |
[19:12] | My name’s Randy Ramseyer. | 我是兰迪·拉姆塞尔 |
[19:14] | I work for the government. | 我是政府工作人员 |
[19:15] | Why? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[19:21] | So in the video you shot | 你拍摄的那段视频 |
[19:22] | where you’re taking the medication OxyContin… | 说你服用了奥施康定的视频 |
[19:25] | Yeah, I–I was taking it for a–a injury. | 嗯 我是因为伤开始服用它 |
[19:30] | And I noticed you–you didn’t actually call it OxyContin. | 我注意到 你并没提到奥施康定 |
[19:33] | I was told it was a public service thing | 我被告知那是公益宣传 |
[19:37] | for chronic pain sufferers | 想让患长期病痛的人 |
[19:39] | to be more comfortable taking pain medication. | 更愿意服用止痛药 |
[19:41] | Every now and then, I would slip up, | 但我时不时就会说漏嘴 |
[19:43] | – and I would say OxyContin. – Well, yeah. | -说出奥施康定 -嗯 |
[19:45] | And they would say, “Don’t say that. | 他们说 “别那么说 |
[19:46] | Say ‘the pain medicine.'” | 就说’止痛药'” |
[19:48] | Did the producer ask you not to say | 是制作人叫你别提到 |
[19:49] | – the–the name OxyContin? – That’s right. | -奥施康定吗 -对 |
[19:53] | He–he didn’t want me to say “opioid” or “opiates” either. | 他要我说”阿片类药物”什么的 |
[20:00] | – What’d he ask you to say? – Uh, “medication.” | -他叫你怎么说 -“药物” |
[20:03] | “Pain–pain medication.” | “止痛药” |
[20:05] | – Pain medication? – Yeah. | -止痛药 -对 |
[20:06] | But they told me when I was done | 我拍完后 他们跟我说 |
[20:08] | that I was real natural. | 我的表现很自然 |
[20:10] | I can’t imagine how hard that would be, | 我都无法相信那有多难 |
[20:12] | sitting in front of a camera trying to be normal. | 坐在镜头前 努力表现得正常点 |
[20:16] | Oh, no. He died a few years ago. | 不 他几年前过世了 |
[20:19] | Oh, I hate this gravel. | 我讨厌这碎石 |
[20:20] | And was it drug-related? | 跟药物有关吗 |
[20:22] | Oh, yeah, he was oxy-cuted. | 是的 他对奥施康定上瘾了 |
[20:25] | Who asked you to participate | 当初是谁请你 |
[20:26] | in the video in the first place? | 参与视频拍摄的 |
[20:28] | My doctor did, Dr. Alan Spanos. | 我的医生 阿伦·斯潘诺斯医生 |
[20:32] | Oh, Alan Spanos. | 阿伦·斯潘诺斯 |
[20:34] | Dr. Spanos. Dr. Spanos. | 斯潘诺斯医生 斯潘诺斯医生 |
[20:36] | He–he prescribed OxyContin and… | 是他开了奥施康定 |
[20:47] | Yeah, he… | 嗯 他… |
[20:52] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[20:53] | Yeah, yeah. | 嗯 |
[21:04] | And who reached out to you initially? | 最初是谁联系你的 |
[21:07] | It was an ad agency from New York. | 纽约的一家广告公司 |
[21:09] | And when you were approached, | 找上你时 是说 |
[21:10] | was it for a video to promote OxyContin? | 要拍奥施康定的宣传片吗 |
[21:13] | No, they said it was a public service announcement | 不是 他们是说拍公益广告 |
[21:15] | for pain management and general opioid use. | 宣传疼痛抑制和阿片类药物的使用 |
[21:20] | Were you surprised that a public service announcement | 你是否感到意外 你叫你的病人参与的 |
[21:22] | that you asked your patients to participate in | 公益广告的拍摄 |
[21:26] | ended up being a bait and switch | 最终被偷梁换柱 |
[21:27] | to promote OxyContin? | 变成了奥施康定的宣传片 |
[21:29] | I thought the video was still very useful. | 我觉得宣传片还是很有益处 |
[21:34] | Well, we’ve been interviewing your patients, | 我们去找过了你的病人 |
[21:37] | and some of them are clearly addicted to drugs. | 有些人显然都药物上瘾了 |
[21:39] | As you may know, one of them died of an overdose. | 你可能知道 其中一人还死于了服药过量 |
[21:44] | Another one appears to be well on his way. | 还有一个看上去也离死不远了 |
[21:49] | 15,000 doctors were sent a video | 1.5万名医生收到了一段 |
[21:51] | with you promoting OxyContin. | 你宣传奥施康定的视频 |
[21:54] | And it now appears that these pills | 现在看来这些药 |
[21:56] | are a lot more dangerous than that video claims. | 比视频里说的要危险得多 |
[22:01] | Does that bother you? | 你不觉得困扰吗 |
[22:04] | What I’m here to do is to cure pain, | 我的工作是治疗疼痛 |
[22:09] | and I shall use everything in my arsenal to do just that. | 我会用我能用的一切办法来做到这一点 |
[22:13] | Pain has been wildly undertreated in this country, | 疼痛治疗在美国严重不足 |
[22:17] | and opioids have been unfairly maligned for years. | 阿片类药物多年来一直背负不公平的中伤 |
[22:21] | OxyContin has worked miracles for my patients | 奥施康定为我饱受痛苦折磨的病人 |
[22:25] | who have suffered for years | 施展了奇迹 |
[22:26] | and who are now getting their lives back. | 他们如今都重拾生活了 |
[22:32] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[22:34] | So we got a fraudulent video of people being told | 我们掌握了一段欺诈性的视频 参与者被告知 |
[22:38] | not to discuss the exact drug | 他们不能提到 |
[22:42] | that they’re in the video to promote. | 视频要宣传的那种药物 |
[22:44] | Mm-hmm, should definitely be enough | 应该足够让科米 |
[22:45] | for Comey to let us keep going. | 允许我们继续了 |
[22:48] | Unless he’s already made up his mind. | 除非他已经决定好了 |
[22:51] | Would you resign if he shut us down? | 如果他不让我们查了 你会辞职吗 |
[22:56] | No. You? | 不会 你呢 |
[22:59] | No. I’d be pissed, though. | 不会 但我会很生气 |
[23:03] | You got another ketchup? | 你还有番茄酱吗 |
[23:05] | Yeah. Hold on quick. | 嗯 等一下 |
[23:09] | Hello. This is Randy Ramseyer. | 喂 我是兰迪·拉姆塞尔 |
[23:11] | Uh, hi, this is Regina Carter. | 我是雷金娜·卡特 |
[23:13] | You–you left a note at my apartment. | 你在我公寓留了字条 |
[23:15] | Yes, that was me. | 是的 是我 |
[23:17] | Uh, I’m an assistant U. S. attorney, | 我是一位助理检察官 |
[23:18] | and I was hoping that I could interview you | 我希望能就你大概五年前 |
[23:20] | regarding a video that you were in about five years ago. | 参与拍摄的一段视频 找你问几个问题 |
[23:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:26] | Uh, when–when could we come see you? | 我们什么时候可以去见你 |
[23:28] | Well, we were hoping as soon as possible. | 我们是希望尽快见到你 |
[23:30] | We could come by tonight. | 我们今晚就可以去 |
[23:31] | – Tonight? – Yep. | -今晚吗 -是的 |
[23:32] | We’re just wrapping up a dinner. | 我们吃完饭刚要走呢 |
[23:34] | Rick, could you get the check? | 里克 你买个单吧 |
[23:35] | And we will, uh– we’ll head on over there. | 我们这就过去 |
[23:37] | We’ll be over there in about the next 15, 20. | 我们15 20分钟就能赶过去 |
[23:43] | Listen, what happened with me | 听着 我的遭遇就是 |
[23:44] | was the pill stopped working ’cause my tolerance grew, | 我的耐药性上来了 所以药不好使了 |
[23:49] | and doctors just kept doubling my dosage. | 医生就不断让我加倍剂量 |
[23:52] | I was eventually taking 160 milligrams a day. | 最终我每天要服160毫克了 |
[23:56] | Started falling asleep at work, | 我开始上班打瞌睡 |
[23:59] | lost my job, | 丢了工作 |
[24:01] | my car, | 我的车 |
[24:04] | then my house. | 然后是房子 |
[24:07] | I had to declare bankruptcy. | 我不得不宣布了破产 |
[24:10] | I am so sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[24:12] | How did you–how’d you stop taking the drug? | 你怎么停止服药的 |
[24:16] | I weaned myself off. | 我渐渐断了药 |
[24:20] | Hardest thing I ever did. | 真是最艰难的事了 |
[24:23] | But I thought, “If I don’t get off this medicine, | 但我想着 “我要是不戒了这药 |
[24:26] | I’ll end up dead.” | 我会死的” |
[24:27] | And when you realized you were addicted, | 你意识到你上瘾后 |
[24:29] | did you go back to Dr. Spanos to discuss– | 你还找过斯潘诺斯医生… |
[24:30] | Hell no, I never spoke to that man ever again. | 才没有 我再没跟那男人说过话了 |
[24:35] | They used us in that video. | 那视频利用了我们 |
[24:38] | I helped a company make billions selling drugs. | 我帮一家公司卖药挣了数十亿 |
[24:46] | I mean, we were all pawns, | 我们都是棋子 |
[24:48] | making people think the drug was non-addictive. | 让人们以为那药不上瘾 |
[24:53] | And I can’t help but feel guilty about that. | 我对此没法不心怀愧疚 |
[24:55] | Ma’am, you are not responsible for this. | 女士 这不是你的责任 |
[24:58] | You are a victim; they lied to you, they lied to you. | 你是受害者 他们骗了你 他们骗了你 |
[25:00] | Companies like this, they buy their way out of trouble. | 这样的公司 他们能靠钱摆平麻烦 |
[25:04] | Black kids selling weed go to jail for decades. | 黑人孩子卖个大麻就要被关进监狱几十年 |
[25:07] | Well, that’s why we’re here. | 所以我们才找您 |
[25:13] | I’m sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打断一下 |
[25:15] | Is there a restroom in the lobby? | 大堂里有厕所吗 |
[25:16] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:50] | Here you go. | 给 |
[25:53] | – Thanks, Peter. – sure. | -谢谢 彼得 -不客气 |
[26:09] | God, it’s so cool that you’re a DEA agent. | 天啊 你居然是个缉毒署探员 |
[26:11] | I still can’t believe it. | 我现在都不敢相信 |
[26:15] | So, um, you have your gun on you? | 你带枪了吗 |
[26:19] | Pretty much always. | 几乎总带 |
[26:21] | Where do you keep it? | 你放在哪了 |
[26:30] | I never thought feeling a gun | 我从未想到 |
[26:31] | pressed against my leg would turned me on. | 感到一把枪蹭我的腿会让我性奋 |
[26:34] | Most guys are weirded out by my firearms. | 大部分男人觉得我的枪很别扭 |
[26:37] | They don’t wanna date someone with a “masculine” job. | 他们不想跟一个有”爷们”工作的人约会 |
[26:41] | I research Senegalese mineral rights | 我为国务院调查 |
[26:43] | for the state department. | 塞内加尔的矿业权 |
[26:46] | Everybody’s job is more masculine. | 大家的工作都挺爷们的 |
[26:48] | I bet you were the hottest mineralogist in high school. | 你高中时肯定是最性感的矿物学者 |
[26:52] | That’s a good use of mineralogist. | 矿物学者用得好 |
[26:54] | Why did you ask me out? | 你为什么约我出来 |
[26:56] | I think you might be one | 我觉得你可能是 |
[26:57] | of the most strikingly beautiful women | 我见过的最美艳惊人的 |
[26:58] | I have ever seen. | 女人之一 |
[27:17] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[27:19] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[27:20] | I don’t want to be too aggressive, but, um, | 我不想太唐突 |
[27:23] | wanna grab dinner tomorrow night? | 但明晚要一起吃晚饭吗 |
[27:26] | Oh, well, yeah, I’d–I’d love to, as well, | 我也很想 |
[27:29] | but I’m–I’m gonna be leaving town for a few days. | 但我要去外地几天 |
[27:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:33] | How about right when I get back? | 等我回来吧 马上就聚聚 |
[27:35] | Yeah, great. | 好啊 |
[27:38] | – Coffee? – Yes. | -喝咖啡吗 -嗯 |
[27:39] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -嗯 -嗯 |
[28:39] | Initial consultation’s 500. | 初诊500美元 |
[28:40] | Then you come in every 28 days for your refill for 125. | 然后你每28天来续一次药 125美元 |
[28:47] | Do I meet with a doctor for my refill appointment? | 我续药时需要见医生吗 |
[28:51] | Only if you want to, | 你想见的话 |
[28:53] | or you can just pick up your prescription. | 你也可以直接拿药走人 |
[28:58] | The doctor is booked till next Thursday, | 医生的预约排到下周四了 |
[29:01] | so you can fill those at home if you like. | 你可以回家填表 |
[29:05] | Is there any way that I can meet with a doctor today? | 我今天可以见到医生吗 |
[29:08] | I have really bad shoulder pain. | 我的肩膀真的疼得厉害 |
[29:11] | So does everyone else. | 大家都是 |
[29:14] | Have a good day. | 祝你愉快 |
[29:43] | You piece of shit! | 你个混蛋 |
[29:47] | Come on! | 过来 |
[29:50] | Don’t you fucking move. | 别动 |
[29:54] | Come on. | 起来 |
[30:05] | Have you ever heard of the crack epidemic? | 你听说过可卡因泛滥吗 |
[30:09] | It was big in poor neighborhoods in the 1980s. | 1980年代那在穷人社区非常严重 |
[30:13] | Huge portions of the Black population were hooked on crack. | 大量黑人可卡因上瘾 |
[30:18] | I grew up in D. C. during this time, | 那时候我还是个住在华府的孩子 |
[30:21] | and there was this convenience store across the street | 我奶奶家公寓的街对面有间 |
[30:23] | from my grandma’s apartment. | 便利店 |
[30:25] | And the parking lot was a warzone. | 它的停车场简直是战区 |
[30:28] | People selling drugs, killing each other. | 人们在那里贩毒 相互残杀 |
[30:35] | My grandma got mugged three times. | 我奶奶被抢劫了三次 |
[30:40] | This was how I grew up, Lucas. | 我就在这样的环境里长大 卢卡斯 |
[30:44] | Watching my friends die from drugs. | 眼看我的朋友因毒品而死 |
[30:49] | If you continue on this path, | 如果你再这么下去 |
[30:52] | you’re going to end up just like them. | 你也会跟他们一样 |
[30:57] | Is your grandma okay now? | 你奶奶现在没事了吧 |
[31:01] | She’s fine. | 她没事 |
[31:04] | Thanks for asking. | 多谢关心 |
[31:08] | I didn’t want her money. I was… | 我不是想抢她的钱 我… |
[31:10] | I was trying to steal her prescription. | 我是想偷她的处方 |
[31:13] | How do you know she had one? | 你怎么知道她有处方 |
[31:16] | She came out of the pain clinic. | 她从疼痛诊所出来的 |
[31:20] | That’s where everyone gets their Oxy prescriptions. | 人人都去那里拿奥施康定的处方 |
[31:23] | And what would you do with it? | 你打算拿处方干什么 |
[31:26] | There’s a girl in my class, eighth grade. | 我班上有个姑娘 八年级的 |
[31:30] | And she’s got this older brother that makes fake IDs, | 她有个哥哥会做假身份证 |
[31:33] | so we use it to get the prescription filled. | 我们就拿那个去续药 |
[31:38] | Take half and sell the other half. | 拿走一半 卖一半 |
[31:40] | How many kids in your school are on OxyContin? | 你们学校有多少孩子在嗑奥施康定 |
[31:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:49] | Maybe half. | 一半吧 |
[31:56] | Now how about here? Any pain? | 这里呢 疼吗 |
[31:58] | Nope. | 不疼 |
[31:59] | If I lift higher, does that hurt? | 我抬高点呢 疼吗 |
[32:01] | Don’t feel a thing. | 什么感觉都没有 |
[32:03] | And you–and you feel like you have full range of motion? | 你觉得你能完全活动开吗 |
[32:06] | Yeah. Just like before. | 对 跟从前一样了 |
[32:10] | You think the drug lasted 12 hours? | 你觉得那药的效果能维持12小时吗 |
[32:12] | – Well, I didn’t time it. – How about sleep? | -我没计时 -睡眠呢 |
[32:15] | Any problems sleeping through the night? | 能睡整夜吗 |
[32:17] | No, it worked like a charm. | 能 效果好的不得了 |
[32:19] | I actually went bowling last week. | 我上周还去打保龄球了 |
[32:24] | I didn’t think I’d ever get to go bowling again. | 我本以为我再也打不了保龄球了 |
[32:28] | I appreciate it, Doc, | 多谢你 医生 |
[32:32] | Sure about this, Doc? | 你确定吗 医生 |
[32:33] | I’ll take you to any steakhouse in the state. | 你想去州内任何一家牛排店我都能带你去 |
[32:35] | I’m sure as can be. | 我非常确定 |
[32:37] | Mmm, look at that pie. | 看看那派 |
[32:38] | You can’t beat the chicken here at Nancy’s. | 南茜家的鸡肉可是天下无敌 |
[32:40] | – What can I get you, Doc? – Hey, Bo. | -要什么 医生 -博 |
[32:41] | You know what I like. | 你知道我喜欢什么 |
[32:43] | – For you? – Uh, I’ll have the same. | -你呢 -一样的 |
[32:46] | You and your dad close? | 你和你爸关系好吗 |
[32:48] | Um, not really. | 并不太好 |
[32:52] | He’s a writer and a professor. | 他是个作家 教授 |
[32:55] | Brother writes short stories, so they’re close. | 我兄弟写短篇故事 他们挺亲的 |
[32:58] | – Mom’s a poet. – Really? | -妈妈是个诗人 -真的 |
[33:00] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[33:02] | I’m sort of the, uh, Roger Clinton of the family. | 我算是家族里的罗杰·克林顿 |
[33:07] | Well… | 嗯 |
[33:11] | I’m sure they’re very proud of you. | 我相信他们也为你骄傲的 |
[33:13] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[33:17] | So, um, you ever think about dating again, or… | 你考虑过再次约会吗 |
[33:21] | Nah. No interest. | 没有 没兴趣 |
[33:23] | Well, you should come to our weekend seminar in Scottsdale. | 你该去参加我们斯科茨代尔的周末研讨会 |
[33:28] | They’re a ton of fun, and it’s all expenses paid, | 非常好玩 而且不用你出钱 |
[33:31] | and a ton of interesting women there. | 那里有很多不错的女人 |
[33:34] | Doctors, nurses, pain specialists. | 医生 护士 疼痛专家 |
[33:38] | Russell Portenoy is gonna speak. | 罗素·博诺伊也要讲话 |
[33:41] | – He is? – Yeah, he’s the main speaker. | -是吗 -嗯 他是主讲人 |
[33:46] | You know, when Shelly was in the hospital, | 谢丽住院时 |
[33:49] | I read some of his articles, and, uh, | 我读过他的一些文章 |
[33:52] | they really helped. | 帮助很大 |
[33:54] | Gotta say. | 真的 |
[33:56] | Do me a favor if you think of it. | 如果你能记住 帮我个忙 |
[34:01] | Uh, mention to him that, uh, I’m really grateful. | 替我跟他说 我很感激 |
[34:04] | So thank you. | 谢谢了 |
[34:07] | Come to the seminar in Scottsdale | 去参加斯科茨代尔的研讨会 |
[34:09] | and tell him yourself. | 自己跟他说吧 |
[34:27] | Hey, Mom? | 妈妈 |
[34:28] | Yes, dear? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[34:35] | I think there’s something we should talk about. | 我觉得我们该谈谈 |
[34:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:47] | This may be hard for you to hear, but… | 你可能不愿意听这种话 但是… |
[34:54] | I like girls. | 我喜欢女孩 |
[34:59] | I always have. | 我一直都是这样 |
[35:04] | Not just as friends. | 不是作为朋友 |
[35:13] | And I know–I know Dad is gonna be real upset, | 我知道爸爸会很难过 |
[35:16] | but maybe you could talk to him | 但或许你可以跟他谈谈 |
[35:19] | and tell him that nothing’s gonna be different. | 告诉他 什么都不会改变 |
[35:22] | I’m–I’m still the same person. | 我还是那个人 |
[35:29] | I promise I am. | 真的 |
[35:31] | I just… | 我… |
[35:39] | I can’t live like this anymore. | 我不能再这么活着了 |
[35:41] | I just wanna be myself. | 我只想做自己 |
[35:47] | I’m sorry, dear. | 对不起 亲爱的 |
[35:49] | Did you say something to me? | 你对我说话了吗 |
[35:59] | No. | 没有 |
[36:54] | How much those run you? | 那花了多少钱 |
[36:57] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[36:59] | For what? | 准备好做什么 |
[37:02] | I want to do it. | 我想去 |
[37:03] | I want to move to Eureka Springs. | 我想去尤里卡斯普林斯 |
[37:07] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[37:11] | I’ve been feeling a lot better this past week. | 我这一周以来感觉好多了 |
[37:15] | And I realized you were right. | 我意识到你是对的 |
[37:20] | Coal’s a job. | 煤炭只是份工作 |
[37:21] | It’s–it’s not a life. | 不是人生 |
[37:27] | I want my life with you. | 我想跟你共度人生 |
[37:34] | Your face is so pretty, Bets. | 你真美 贝琪 |
[37:38] | It should never be covered in soot. | 它就不该被煤灰蒙住 |
[38:08] | Hey, Bridget. We heard this was your spot. | 布丽姬特 我们听说你喜欢来这里 |
[38:11] | Oh, what the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[38:12] | Hey, Bridget. Great to see you again. | 布丽姬特 很高兴再见到你 |
[38:15] | How’s your divorce coming? | 你的离婚怎么样了 |
[38:16] | It’s finalized. Want a drink? | 判了 要喝一杯吗 |
[38:19] | Uh, neither of us drink. | 我们都不喝 |
[38:22] | Not surprised. | 并不意外 |
[38:24] | You don’t have to be like this. | 你不需要这样 |
[38:25] | We’re on the same side. | 我们是同一阵营的 |
[38:29] | I’m helping you. | 我是在帮你们 |
[38:31] | I’m saving you from wasting your time. | 我想在帮你们避免浪费时间 |
[38:34] | The FDA, Justice, the doctors, they all want their drugs. | 药监局 司法部 医生 他们都想要那药 |
[38:38] | And big pharma will spend everything they can | 大制药公司则不惜血本 |
[38:40] | to make sure that they get them. | 确保他们拿到药 |
[38:43] | And this is just gonna keep going and going | 这种情况只会一直这么下去 |
[38:45] | till we’re all just one big pill-popping zombie nation. | 直到我们变成一个嗑药的僵尸之国 |
[38:49] | Have you seen Purdue’s I Got My Life Back video? | 你看过普渡制药的《我重拾人生》宣传片吗 |
[38:53] | – Sure. – It’s a fraud. | -当然 -那是谎言 |
[38:55] | They were told it was a PSA when they shot it. | 他们拍摄时被告知只是公益广告 |
[38:58] | And several of those participants became addicted. | 而且好几位参与者都上瘾了 |
[39:01] | Few of them are dead or close to it. | 还有几个死了 或是要死了 |
[39:14] | You know who’d be interested in that? | 你们知道谁会对那个感兴趣吗 |
[39:18] | Sarah Miller and Judy Cohen. | 莎拉·米勒和朱蒂·科恩 |
[39:20] | Sarah Miller, Judy Cohen. | 莎拉·米勒 朱蒂·科恩 |
[39:21] | At the DOJ’s office of consumer litigation. | 司法部消费者诉讼办公室的 |
[39:25] | Well, I thought they were all conspirators | 我以为他们都是即将到来的 |
[39:27] | in the upcoming zombie apocalypse. | 僵尸天启阴谋的成员呢 |
[39:31] | Not everybody. | 也不都是 |
[39:36] | Now, that was my tip for the day, boys, | 我今天只能提供这么多消息了 |
[39:37] | so if you can both kindly fuck off, | 麻烦你们二位滚粗 |
[39:39] | I’d certainly be better off for it. | 那对我会再好不过 |
[39:42] | Thank you, Bridget. | 谢谢 布丽姬特 |
[39:48] | I’m sorry about your divorce. | 很遗憾你离婚了 |
[39:54] | I’m at a loss for words. | 我不知道该怎么说了 |
[39:56] | It–it–it–it almost makes me want to tear up a little bit, | 我简直想哭 |
[40:00] | but I–it–it’s just changed my life for the better. | 它让我的人生变好了 |
[40:03] | I’m coming home with energy to spare. | 我回到家时还精力饱满 |
[40:06] | Just to have the evening to do things with was unheard of. | 晚上还能有精力干点什么 简直前所未有 |
[40:11] | We’ve been having problems with Purdue from the get-go. | 我们从一开始就跟普渡制药有麻烦 |
[40:14] | – Like the label? – Like the label. | -那个标签吗 -那个标签 |
[40:17] | So when Curtis Wright approved | 柯蒂斯·莱特批准 |
[40:18] | the original FDA label, was there internal pushback? | 最初那个药监局标签时 内部有反对吗 |
[40:21] | Oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[40:23] | Diane Schnitzler emailed him that | 黛安·斯奈泽勒给他发电邮说 |
[40:24] | Purdue’s “less addictive” claims sounded like bullshit. | 普渡制药宣称的”不易上瘾”听上去像鬼扯 |
[40:26] | What was Mr. Wright’s response? | 莱特先生怎么说的 |
[40:28] | He said, “Actually, Diane, this is literally true.” | 他说 “其他 戴安 这真是真的” |
[40:32] | So Curtis Wright is the FDA medical review officer | 柯蒂斯·莱特是药监局的医疗审核官 |
[40:36] | who approves an unprecedented label for Purdue. | 为普渡制药批准了前所未有的标签 |
[40:39] | And then he goes and he works for Purdue. | 然后他又去了普渡制药工作 |
[40:42] | So do you think there’s quid pro quo with Purdue | 你觉得他跟普渡制药达成交易了吗 |
[40:46] | to grant such generous wording? | 所以才用了这么慷慨的措辞吗 |
[40:47] | Yeah, well, I get that | 我知道 |
[40:49] | it has the appearance of corruption, | 看上去像是腐败 |
[40:52] | but it’s possible there wasn’t. | 但也可能没有这种事 |
[40:55] | What Curtis Wright did is the way the industry works. | 柯蒂斯·莱特的作法 是行业规则 |
[41:00] | It’s a revolving door | 是旋转门 |
[41:02] | where as soon as people leave the government, | 政府人员一离任 |
[41:04] | they go and work for the exact people they were regulating | 就去为他们之前监管的人工作 |
[41:07] | for five times the money, and it’s all legal. | 还能拿五倍的薪酬 这是合法的 |
[41:11] | What appears to be corruption | 看上去像是腐败 |
[41:12] | is simply how the system works. | 但系统本就如此 |
[41:14] | Here’s an ad, says patient only needs two pills a day, | 这个广告说 病人每天只需要服两片药 |
[41:18] | but the drug often didn’t last 12 hours. | 但药效往往不能坚持12小时 |
[41:20] | So how does an ad like this | 所以这样的广告 |
[41:21] | get through the FDA approval process? | 怎么能获得药监局的审批 |
[41:23] | You’ll have to ask Ronald Reagan. | 那你得去问罗纳德·里根了 |
[41:25] | Does he work for Purdue now too? | 他现在也为普渡制药工作了吗 |
[41:27] | No, but when he gutted the FDA, | 不是 但他削弱了药监局力量后 |
[41:30] | they went from policing big pharma | 药监局就从监管大制药公司 |
[41:31] | to being at their mercy. | 变成了看他们眼色 |
[41:33] | 39 employees are responsible for 35,000 promotional items. | 39名雇员要负责审阅35000件宣传材料 |
[41:37] | How do they grant proper oversight? | 他们怎么可能好好监管 |
[41:39] | Just give me five minutes. | 给我五分钟 |
[41:43] | It works as an honor system. | 这是个信誉体系 |
[41:47] | Drug companies are supposed to be honest. | 制药公司要诚实 |
[41:51] | I know. | 是啊 |
[41:51] | So if a company was being criminally dishonest | 所以 如果有公司在宣传营销上 |
[41:53] | in its promotional marketing, | 有违法的欺骗行为 |
[41:56] | what would you charge them with | 而诈骗的标准又太高 |
[41:57] | if–if fraud was too high a bar? | 你们会怎么起诉 |
[42:00] | Sarah? | 莎拉 |
[42:01] | Can you all give us a moment? | 你们可以先出去一下吗 |
[42:14] | If it were me, I’d charge them with criminal misbranding. | 如果是我 就起诉他们违法贴假标签 |
[42:18] | Never heard of that before. | 没听说过这种罪名 |
[42:19] | Most people haven’t. | 大部分人是没听过 |
[42:20] | It’s perfect for this because you don’t have to prove | 非常适合这件事 因为你不需要证明 |
[42:22] | the misbranding caused the overdoses | 假标签导致了服药过量 |
[42:24] | or pin it on an individual, | 或是指向某个具体的人 |
[42:26] | just that the company misbranded the drug. | 只需要证明公司给药物贴了错误标签 |
[42:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:35] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[42:37] | I want more hot water. | 我想要更多热水 |
[42:38] | More hot water? You’re already boiling. | 还要吗 你都要煮熟了 |
[42:41] | I think that’s enough. All right, sweetheart? | 这够了吧 亲爱的 |
[42:44] | You stick your tongue out at me? | 你冲我吐舌头吗 |
[42:45] | Let me take that. Oh, I got it. | 给我吧 拿到了 |
[42:49] | I got your tongue. It’s pretty good. | 我拿到你的舌头了 好吃 |
[42:52] | Okay. Shh, shh, shh. | 好 嘘 |
[42:54] | What do you got? | 查到什么了 |
[42:55] | Nothing good. | 不妙 |
[42:56] | Main Justice doesn’t like the pharma case. | 司法部不喜欢制药公司的案子 |
[42:58] | But wait–wait-wait a minute, wait a minute. | 但等等 |
[43:00] | Do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[43:01] | Seems pretty early to pull the plug on me. | 现在就让我停手太早了吧 |
[43:03] | I don’t have details. | 我不知道详细情况 |
[43:04] | Just that Comey doesn’t like the case. | 只知道科米不喜欢这件案子 |
[43:07] | All right, got it. Thanks. | 好吧 知道了 谢谢 |
[43:10] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[43:11] | DAG wants to shut my pharma case down. | 上面想停止我的制药公司案 |
[43:14] | Isn’t that a little fast? | 这也太急了吧 |
[43:19] | I always knew there was a chance | 我一直知道我们可能 |
[43:20] | we might get shut down by Main Justice. | 会被司法部叫停 |
[43:23] | It’s pretty crappy if you ask me. | 要我说 这烂透了 |
[43:26] | I wouldn’t say “crappy” when we go to Comey. | 等我们去找科米时 可别说”烂透了” |
[43:29] | He doesn’t like that kind of language. | 他不喜欢那样的语言 |
[43:31] | No, that’s Ashcroft. | 不 那是阿什克罗夫特 |
[43:33] | I heard he dressed Comey down one time for saying “turd.” | 我听说有次科米说了”粪” 就被他骂了 |
[43:38] | Comey tells us the case is off, I’m gonna say, | 如果科米叫我们停止查案 我就说 |
[43:40] | “Well, that’s one big turd burger, sir.” | “这真是个大粪堡 先生” |
[43:44] | So, uh, listen, day after we get back, | 听着 我们回来后第二天 |
[43:47] | I gotta have surgery. | 我得去做手术 |
[43:48] | I’m gonna be out for a week. | 然后请假一周 |
[43:50] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[43:53] | I have prostate cancer. | 我得了前列腺癌 |
[43:56] | It took ’em a minute to find it, but it’s fine. | 他们花了点时间才找到 但没事的 |
[43:59] | They don’t think it spread. | 他们认为没有扩散 |
[44:01] | Just, uh–just need a week. | 就需要一周时间 |
[44:06] | I’m so sorry, Randy. | 我很遗憾 兰迪 |
[44:09] | Just take two weeks off, or three, as long as you need. | 休两周 三周 你需要多久都行 |
[44:13] | No, I just need a week. | 不 一周就行 |
[44:18] | Is it okay if I pray for you? | 我可以为你祈祷吗 |
[44:23] | – Right now? – I could. | -现在吗 -那也行 |
[44:26] | Oh, no. No, it’s all right. | 不 不用了 |
[44:31] | It’s not really my thing. | 我不信那个 |
[44:35] | Thank you, though. | 还是谢谢了 |
[44:36] | I just want to see if I can find some napkins. | 我去找找餐巾 |
[44:50] | Okay, so just let me handle this. | 好 让我来应付 |
[44:52] | Even if Comey says we’re dead, it doesn’t mean we’re dead. | 哪怕科米说我们没戏了 也不代表我们没戏了 |
[44:55] | Then what does it mean? | 那代表什么 |
[44:57] | It means we’re dead. | 代表我们没戏了 |
[45:00] | Getting some complaints about your investigation. | 我接到了关于你们调查的投诉 |
[45:03] | That it’s out of control. | 说你们失控了 |
[45:08] | Well, that’s just not true, sir. | 这绝不属实 先生 |
[45:11] | We–we’ve been doing this whole thing by the book. | 我们每一步都是照章办事 |
[45:13] | These guys are behaving like pros. | 他们也非常专业 |
[45:16] | And this is a very serious issue that warrants | 而且此事非常严重 |
[45:18] | all the attention we’ve been giving it. | 我们投入的关注度很有必要 |
[45:20] | Serious? | 严重 |
[45:22] | Well, how serious does chicken get? | 鸡能严重到什么程度 |
[45:25] | – Chicken? – Chicken, sir? | -鸡 -什么鸡 先生 |
[45:27] | Yes, chicken. | 对 鸡 |
[45:30] | What do you–what do you mean by chicken? | 什么意思 鸡 |
[45:33] | Do you mean, like, | 你是说 |
[45:35] | chicken the food or chicken you’re scared? | 吃的鸡 还是害怕 |
[45:38] | Like you–you’re a chicken? | 胆小如鸡 |
[45:40] | Chicken, the food. | 吃的鸡 |
[45:45] | Why are you investigating the chicken guy? | 你们为什么要调查养鸡的 |
[45:48] | Colonel Sanders? | 山德士上校吗 |
[45:49] | No, Frank Perdue. | 不 是弗兰克·普渡 |
[45:53] | Oh, no, sir. No, no, no, no. | 不 先生 不不不 |
[45:56] | Uh, we are not investigating Perdue Farms. | 我们不是在调查普渡农场 |
[45:59] | We are investigating Purdue Pharma. | 我们是在调查普渡制药 |
[46:01] | It’s–it’s spelled differently, I think. | 拼写不一样吧 |
[46:03] | Yeah, it’s spelled with a “U” instead of an “E.” | 是啊 是U 不是E |
[46:06] | Yeah, Purdue Pharma. | 对 普渡制药 |
[46:08] | No, it’s the company that manufactures OxyContin. | 是制造奥施康定的那家公司 |
[46:11] | It’s not the–the, um– it’s not the chicken people. | 不是 养鸡的农民 |
[46:17] | Well, my staff must have been misinformed. | 肯定是我的手下搞错了 |
[46:20] | Well, perhaps whoever’s complaining about us | 或许对我们提出投诉的人 |
[46:22] | is trying to get you off our track, sir. | 就是想把您搞糊涂 先生 |
[46:24] | And for good reason. It’s early days. | 而且不是没理由的 现在还早 |
[46:26] | We already have substantial leads. | 但我们已经掌握了重要线索 |
[46:28] | Manipulative advertising, false claims about addiction, | 蛊惑性广告 对成瘾性撒谎 |
[46:31] | overdoses are skyrocketing while Purdue continues to lie | 因为普渡在药物安全性的问题上 |
[46:34] | about the drug’s safety to doctors, | 欺骗医生 病人 药监局 |
[46:35] | to patients, and the FDA. | 导致服药过量持续激增 |
[46:39] | We have a major case here. | 这是件大案 |
[46:45] | Well, then go make your case. | 那去把案子立住吧 |
[47:16] | Hey, can I offer you | 您要不要来顶 |
[47:17] | a complementary OxyContin bucket hat? | 普渡制药赠送的渔夫帽 |
[47:20] | – Uh, no. – Maybe one of our compact discs? | -不了 -我们的光碟呢 |
[47:22] | – No, thanks. – All right. | -不了 谢谢 -好 |
[47:23] | – Hey, well, enjoy your day. – Okay, thanks. | -祝您愉快 -谢谢 |
[47:25] | Dr. Finnix, so glad you could make it. | 芬尼克斯医生 很高兴你来了 |
[47:27] | – Thanks. – Hell of a spread, right? | -谢谢 -挺丰盛 是吧 |
[47:29] | Oh, you bet. | 是啊 |
[47:30] | I wasn’t lying to you. | 我可没说谎吧 |
[47:31] | No, you weren’t. | 是啊 |
[47:33] | Um, I wanted to introduce you to Dr. Russell Portenoy. | 我想为您介绍罗素·博诺伊医生 |
[47:36] | – Pleasure to meet you. – Oh, no. | -认识你很荣幸 -不 |
[47:37] | The honor’s all mine. Believe me. | 相信我 是我感到荣幸 |
[47:38] | You’re very kind. | 你客气了 |
[47:43] | I feel a little silly, to be honest with you, | 老实说 我觉得有点傻 |
[47:45] | but I actually brought your book down | 但我带来了你的书 |
[47:48] | and I wonder if you’d sign it for me | 不知你周末期间 |
[47:51] | over the weekend if you have a chance. | 如果有时间 能不能给我签名 |
[47:53] | Are you kidding? It’d be my honor. | 开玩笑吗 我很荣幸 |
[47:54] | – All right, great. – Great. | -好啊 -好 |
[47:57] | Well, look, don’t let us get between you and the food. | 别让我们耽误你吃东西 |
[48:00] | – Don’t miss out on that lobster. – All right, Billy. | -千万别错过龙虾 -好 比利 |
[48:01] | And, uh, we’ll see you shortly. | 我们回头见 |
[48:03] | – We’re just over here. – All right. | -我们就在这边 -好 |
[48:04] | All right, Doc. | 好 医生 |
[48:05] | We’re honored that you’d take a break | 我们很荣幸 大家百忙之中 |
[48:07] | from your busy schedules to spend the weekend with us, | 能抽出时间 跟我们共度周末 |
[48:10] | and–as well as– | 还有 |
[48:13] | the country’s leading independent pain organizations. | 国内首屈一指的疼痛组织 |
[48:16] | We have representatives from the American Pain Foundation, | 我们请来了美国疼痛基金会的代表 |
[48:20] | the National Foundation for the Treatment of Pain, | 国家疼痛治疗基金会的代表 |
[48:23] | American Chronic Pain Association, | 美国慢性疼痛协会的代表 |
[48:25] | the American Pain Society, | 美国疼痛学会的代表 |
[48:26] | and the American Academy of Pain Medicine. | 和美国疼痛药物学院的代表 |
[48:33] | But to start us off, we wanna begin | 但首先 我们想有请 |
[48:36] | with the foremost pain specialist in the country. | 国内最顶尖的疼痛专家 |
[48:39] | He is co-chief of the Pain and Palliative care Service | 他是斯隆-凯特林疼痛和缓和治疗服务机构的 |
[48:43] | at Sloan-Kettering, Dr. Russell Portenoy. | 联合主任 有请罗素·博诺伊医生 |
[48:52] | This is truly a special moment | 这真的是疼痛治疗史上 |
[48:54] | in the history of pain care. | 一个特别的时刻 |
[48:56] | Hospitals, doctors, think tanks, and even the FDA | 医院 医生 智库 甚至药监局 |
[49:00] | are rethinking the very nature of pain treatment. | 都在重新思考疼痛治疗的本质 |
[49:04] | And what we’ve learned is that opioids, certain kinds, | 我们发现有些阿片类药物 |
[49:08] | are not nearly as addictive as they have been perceived. | 远不像原本人们认为的那么容易上瘾 |
[49:12] | Narcotics can be abused | 麻醉剂是可能会滥用 |
[49:13] | and are not appropriate in all instances. | 也的确不适合所有场合 |
[49:17] | But when properly prescribed by doctors, | 但如果医生可以恰当地开药 |
[49:20] | they almost never lead to addiction. | 就几乎从不会导致上瘾 |
[49:28] | In most immediate-release opioids, | 大部分立刻起效的阿片类药物 |
[49:30] | blood plasma levels spike between euphoria and pain. | 血浆水平在兴奋和痛苦间激烈震荡 |
[49:35] | But OxyContin’s time-release system | 但奥施康定的缓释系统 |
[49:37] | causes blood plasma levels | 让血浆水平 |
[49:38] | to have fewer peaks and valleys, | 更加平缓 没那么多波峰波谷 |
[49:40] | creating a plateau effect, | 这制造了平台效应 |
[49:42] | which results in less euphoria | 这样就没那么容易让人兴奋 |
[49:44] | and less potential for abuse. | 也就没那么容易引发滥用 |
[49:47] | And did–did doctors attend these weekend seminars? | 医生参加了这些周末研讨会吗 |
[49:51] | Yes, many of them did. | 是的 很多人都去了 |
[49:53] | This is Dr. Samuel Finnix. | 这是塞缪尔·芬尼克斯医生 |
[49:55] | Runs a patient care practice in Appalachia. | 在阿帕拉契亚经营一家诊所 |
[49:57] | And, Drea here, we stole from Johnson and Johnson | 德蕾雅是我们从强生公司挖来的 |
[50:00] | and she, uh, she runs the South. | 她负责南方 |
[50:02] | Covers multiple Southern territories for us. | 为我们负责多个南方区域 |
[50:04] | It’s an honor to meet you. | 见到你很荣幸 |
[50:05] | Nice to meet you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[50:07] | I’m from a small town in Alabama, | 我来自阿拉巴马州的一个小镇 |
[50:08] | so I know how important the local doctor is. | 所以我知道本地医生多重要 |
[50:11] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[50:12] | Have you been prescribing OxyContin to your miners? | 你给矿工们开奥施康定了吗 |
[50:15] | To a few, yeah. | 给几个人开了 |
[50:16] | Yeah, it’s been– it’s been effective. | 是很有效 |
[50:18] | And what occurred at these events? | 这些活动上都发生了什么 |
[50:22] | Doctors were often co-opted by Purdue Pharma. | 医生往往都被普渡制药拉拢了 |
[50:25] | You should do a talk with Dr. Finnix. | 你该让芬尼克斯医生谈谈 |
[50:27] | I bet people would love to hear about his patients. | 人们肯定会想听到关于他的病人的事 |
[50:30] | Great idea. Yeah, well, what do you think? | 好主意 你觉得怎么样 |
[50:32] | No, I-I can’t really get up | 不 我做不到上去 |
[50:34] | and speak in front of people. | 当着大家的面讲话 |
[50:36] | Oh, please. You’re far more impressive. | 得了 你才厉害呢 |
[50:38] | You’re on the front lines. | 你可是前线工作者 |
[50:39] | Just think how incredible it would be | 想想看那多了不起 |
[50:41] | if the story of a coal town | 如果一个煤炭小镇的故事 |
[50:42] | could help change lives all over the country. | 能改变全国各地的人的生活 |
[50:46] | Absolutely. And I mean, it’d be easy. | 是啊 而且很简单 |
[50:49] | You know, I’d be asking you the questions | 我来问你问题 |
[50:50] | so you don’t have to embellish anything. | 你不需要添油加醋什么的 |
[50:52] | Just, uh, tell people what you’re seeing. | 就把你的所见所闻告诉大家 |
[50:54] | It’d be wonderful for these city boys | 让这些城里小子 |
[50:55] | to see how us country folks get things done. | 看看我们乡下人怎么做事也好 |
[50:58] | Yeah. Well, uh, sure. | 嗯 行啊 |
[51:02] | Okay, I guess. | 好吧 |
[51:03] | You’re gonna ask me the questions? | 你来问我问题吗 |
[51:05] | Absolutely. I’ll be right with you. | 是的 我就在你身边 |
[51:08] | All right, well. See how that goes. | 好吧 那看看吧 |
[51:11] | So, uh, Dr. Samuel Finnix, tell us, what kind of ailments | 塞缪尔·芬尼克斯医生 跟我们说说 |
[51:14] | do your patients typically have? | 你的病人通常患什么疾病 |
[51:16] | Many of my patients are miners, | 我的病人大多是矿工 |
[51:19] | so I see back injuries, shoulder lacerations, | 所以我见到的多是背伤 肩拉伤 |
[51:23] | broken hands, things like that. | 手骨折 等等 |
[51:25] | And you would say, in your experience, | 按您的经验 是不是可以说 |
[51:27] | pain is part of everyday life in the mines? | 疼痛是矿区日常生活的一部分 |
[51:32] | Yes, it is. Yes. | 是的 |
[51:39] | I-I have, um, uh, firsthand experience of pain. | 我也有亲身的疼痛经历 |
[51:44] | My father was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. | 我父亲确诊了一种罕见癌症 |
[51:49] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[51:49] | Thank you. Which he survived, | 谢谢 他幸存下来了 |
[51:51] | but watching him suffer through that | 但眼看他遭受折磨 |
[51:53] | was one of the–the hardest things that I’ve been through. | 是我经历的最艰难的事之一 |
[51:56] | You also have firsthand experience | 你也亲眼见识过 |
[51:59] | with that kind of pain, right? | 那样的病痛吧 |
[52:00] | I do, yeah. | 是啊 |
[52:02] | My wife had cancer, um, | 我妻子患有癌症 |
[52:05] | and, uh, well, she passed away; she didn’t make it. | 她过世了 她没活下来 |
[52:11] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[52:12] | Purdue’s drug, MS Contin, | 普渡制药 美施康定 |
[52:14] | was very helpful to her in her final days, wasn’t it? | 在她的弥留之际大大地帮了她 是吧 |
[52:18] | It was. It was–it was helpful. | 是的 是帮了大忙 |
[52:21] | That’s why I wanted to try OxyContin | 所以我愿意让我的病人 |
[52:24] | on my patients because, uh, I don’t want them to suffer. | 试试奥施康定 因为我不希望他们受苦 |
[52:28] | If there’s a drug out there | 如果真有药 |
[52:29] | that can help them, well, then I-I want to try. | 能帮他们 我想试试 |
[52:32] | And the patients are wanting to try it, too, right? | 病人们也愿意试 是吧 |
[52:36] | Heck yeah, they are. | 是的 |
[52:50] | I know most people don’t, you know, | 我知道大部分人 |
[52:53] | they don’t think about us up there in the mountains. | 不会去考虑我们山里的人 |
[52:57] | But these people, | 但这些人 |
[53:03] | you know, | 要知道 |
[53:05] | when this country needed to build airplanes, | 二战时期 当国家一夜之间 |
[53:08] | uh, during World War II overnight, | 需要建造飞机时 |
[53:10] | where–where do you think that steel came from? | 你们以为那些钢材是怎么来的 |
[53:13] | The bridges we drive across, the high rises you live in, | 我们驾车经过的桥梁 你们居住的高楼大厦 |
[53:16] | stadiums where we all watch football, | 我们看橄榄球的体育场 |
[53:19] | that’s all–that’s steel. | 那都是钢材 |
[53:21] | And steel comes from coal. | 钢材来自煤炭 |
[53:26] | Um, I’m probably talking too much. | 我可能说太多了 |
[53:27] | Am I talking too much? | 我说太多了吗 |
[53:28] | No, please, please. | 没有 请讲吧 |
[53:30] | And who do you think digs that coal out of the– | 你以为是谁去把煤 |
[53:34] | out of the mountains in the hollows? | 从山坳里挖出来的 |
[53:36] | My patients do. | 是我的病人们 |
[53:38] | It’s dangerous work, and… | 那工作很危险 |
[53:40] | they risk their lives every day | 他们每天都要拿命冒险 |
[53:43] | to keeps the lights on in places like this. | 就为了让这样的地方能亮灯 |
[53:45] | To keep the lights on in the big cities. | 为了让大城市灯火通明 |
[53:47] | Keep the lights on in your fine homes. | 为了让你们美丽的家里有灯光 |
[53:50] | And, uh, they carry the burden | 他们用自己的后背 |
[53:53] | of building this nation on their backs, | 扛起了建造国家的重担 |
[53:55] | and they deserve to do it without pain. | 他们理应不需要再忍受疼痛 |
[53:57] | So if this drug can help these good folks | 所以如果这种药能帮助这些好人 |
[54:03] | have a better life and feed their families, | 过上更好的生活 养活家人 |
[54:06] | well, then Purdue Pharma is doing these people, | 那普渡制药在为这些人 |
[54:11] | my people, a great service, so… | 我的乡亲们 服务 |
[54:15] | God bless them for it. | 保佑他们 |
[54:33] | – Were you nervous? – Yeah. | -你紧张吗 -嗯 |
[54:35] | Oh, well, you didn’t look nervous. | 你看上去并不紧张 |
[54:36] | – You were incredible. – Would you excuse me? | -你太棒了 -失陪一下 |
[54:37] | You were absolutely incredible. | 你太棒了 |
[54:38] | I’ve been to hundreds of these, and seriously, | 我来过上百次这种场合 真的 |
[54:39] | I’ve never been so moved. | 我从未这么感动过 |
[54:41] | – Oh, thank you. – Really appreciate it. | -谢谢 -多谢了 |
[54:42] | Hey, Daniel. Do you mind if I steal | 丹尼尔 介意我 |
[54:44] | the star of the weekend for just a few minutes? | 拉走周末之星一会儿吗 |
[54:46] | Of course not–thank you. Nice talking to you. | 当然不介意 谢谢 很高兴跟你谈话 |
[54:48] | Nice talking to you. | 我也是 |
[54:49] | I have to tell you, you spoke for the people | 我得跟你说 你为那些 |
[54:53] | that don’t often get a voice in this country. | 往往在国内没什么话语权的人说了话 |
[54:57] | Well, look, thanks for getting me up there. | 那个 谢谢你说服我上去 |
[55:01] | Oh, it was beautiful. | 你说得太美了 |
[55:02] | You know, Purdue has a speaker’s bureau. | 普渡制药有一个发言人部门 |
[55:04] | They’d be lucky to have you. Is this okay? | 如果你能去是他们有幸 这里可以吗 |
[55:07] | Yeah. What’s that? | 嗯 那是什么 |
[55:10] | Oh, we pay speakers | 我们雇用发言人 |
[55:11] | to go to events like this around the country. | 去全国各地参加这样的活动 |
[55:13] | They get $500 to $3,000 for a speech. | 他们每次讲话能拿五百到三千美元呢 |
[55:17] | Those speakers get paid? | 那些发言人有钱拿吗 |
[55:19] | Oh, yeah. It’s not a secret. | 是的 这不是秘密 |
[55:21] | You should think about it. | 你该考虑一下 |
[55:23] | You were great up there. | 你刚刚在上面表现很好 |
[55:25] | That guy’s amazing. | 那人太棒了 |
[55:29] | Yeah. He’s, uh–he’s really special. | 嗯 他是很特别 |
[55:33] | And I’m sorry about your dad. | 你爸爸的事我很遗憾 |
[55:36] | Is he okay now? | 他现在没事了吧 |
[55:39] | Yeah, I, uh… | 嗯 我… |
[55:43] | I made that up. | 那是我编的 |
[55:46] | My, uh–my dad never had cancer. | 我爸没得过癌症 |
[55:54] | This is the first time | 这是我第一次 |
[55:56] | that I’ve ever wanted to fuck you. | 想干你 |
[56:05] | You, uh–you want to do something about that? | 你想采取下行动吗 |
[56:09] | William, I don’t think so. | 威廉 还是算了吧 |
[56:11] | But just because this is the first time | 但这虽然是第一次 |
[56:15] | doesn’t mean that it’s the last. | 但未必是最后一次 |
[56:21] | Once a month, you could have a fun weekend for yourself | 每月一次 你可以度过一个愉快的周末 |
[56:25] | and you’d get to see my big smile | 如果你不嫌烦 |
[56:26] | if it wouldn’t bother you too much. | 还能看到我的迷人微笑 |
[56:29] | Oh, I don’t think seeing your smile would bother anyone. | 我想你的微笑不会让任何人觉得烦 |
[56:37] | I thought you said it was working. | 你不是说药好用吗 |
[56:40] | It was. | 之前是好用 |
[56:44] | I’ll be right back. | 我就回来 |
[56:47] | There are many cases where a higher dose | 在很多案例中 高剂量 |
[56:49] | loses its effectiveness fairly quickly | 很快再次失效 |
[56:52] | because the patient develops a tolerance. | 因为病人开始产生耐药性 |
[57:36] | This makes the user increase their dose again at a fast rate. | 这导致服药者很快地再次增加剂量 |
[57:39] | And is that dangerous? | 这危险吗 |
[57:42] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[57:43] | It’s one of the reasons why overdose rates | 这是奥施康定的服药过量率 |
[57:44] | are so much higher on OxyContin. | 要高得多的原因之一 |
[57:46] | These are the new numbers, | 这是新的数据 |
[57:48] | and you’ll see a significant difference | 可以看到跟最初的 |
[57:51] | from the initial rollout figures. | 发布数据明显不同 |
[57:59] | Better. | 好多了 |
[58:00] | Really great job, Richie. | 真棒 理查 |
[58:02] | That’s really great. | 太棒了 |
[58:03] | Yes, yes, there’s been a definite improvement | 是啊 销售数据的确是 |
[58:05] | in the sales figures. | 有所提升 |
[58:08] | We also found doctors who attended the weekend seminars | 我们还发现参加了周末研讨会的医生 |
[58:10] | have been writing twice as many prescriptions as doctors who don’t. | 开出的处方是不参加的医生的两倍 |
[58:15] | Then we should throw more weekend seminars. | 那我们就再多办些周末研讨会 |
[58:18] | But, um, more significantly, doubling the dose | 但是更重要的是 剂量翻倍 |
[58:22] | not only solved the breakthrough pain issue, | 不仅解决了爆发性疼痛的问题 |
[58:26] | it increased our bottom line, | 还提高了我们的底线 |
[58:28] | since manufacturing a 20 milligram or 40 milligram | 因为制造20毫克和40毫克的成本 |
[58:31] | is almost the same cost as a 10 milligram. | 跟10毫克几乎无异 |
[58:35] | This is bringing in revenue | 这样收入速度 |
[58:37] | at a much faster rate than projected. | 要远快于预期 |
[58:40] | There’s a scenario I’ve been concerned about. | 我一直担心一种情况 |
[58:44] | And what is that, my dear cousin? | 是什么呢 我亲爱的堂姐 |
[58:47] | Well, what happens if someone has breakthrough pain | 如果服用40毫克的人 |
[58:50] | and they’re already at 40 milligrams? | 发生了爆发性疼痛呢 |
[58:57] | The sales reports from last quarter were terrific, | 上一季的销售报告很棒 |
[59:00] | so much so that I am pleased to announce | 以至于 我很高兴地宣布 |
[59:03] | that we will be launching a brand-new product. | 我们将推出新产品 |
[59:06] | Ladies and gentlemen, it is time to double the dose again | 女士们先生们 又该翻倍剂量了 |
[59:10] | as I present to you the 80-milligram pill. | 我向你们推出80毫克药片 |