时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Your name is Gracie, which rhymes with dumb face-y. | 你叫格蕾西 正好和傻了吧唧押韵诶 |
[00:11] | Stop teasing me. | 少拿我开玩笑 |
[00:12] | Stop teasing me. | 少拿我开玩笑 |
[00:14] | Stop copying me. | 别学我说话 |
[00:15] | Stop copying me. | 别学我说话 |
[00:16] | I’m stupid. | 我是笨蛋 |
[00:18] | I’m stupid. Hey! | 我是笨蛋 你 |
[00:21] | Dada, Gracie made me call me stupid. | 爸爸 格蕾西让我骂自己是笨蛋 |
[00:26] | Enough already! | 真是够了 |
[00:27] | You kids have been at each other for days. | 你们两个成天互相取笑 |
[00:29] | Keep fighting and you’re gonna get it. | 打打闹闹 总有一天会有后果的 |
[00:31] | What is “It”? | 那个后果是 |
[00:32] | Is “It” Ice cream? | 是冰淇淋吗 |
[00:34] | That would be delicious! | 想想都觉得好吃 |
[00:36] | Wait… no! | 什么 不是 |
[00:40] | I just don’t know how to discipline my puppies. | 我真是不知道该怎么管束孩子们 |
[00:42] | I’m out of my depth. | 我是黔驴技穷了 |
[00:44] | Robert, how do you get your kids to be so well-behaved? | 罗伯特 你是怎么让你的孩子们这么听话的 |
[00:47] | No, Robert, I can’t have my children stuffed | 不行啊 罗伯特 我不能把我的孩子们 |
[00:50] | with premium polyester toy filling. | 也用优质涤纶当玩具给填充了 |
[00:52] | I’m not saying it’s wrong, I’m just saying it’s wrong for us. | 我没说这不对 我只是说对我们来讲行不通 |
[01:19] | Yes! A new day! | 好耶 崭新的一天开始了 |
[01:22] | Wow, you’re excited today. | 哇哦 你今天很兴奋嘛 |
[01:24] | Usually you’re like “Ugh, can’t I just sleep a little more? | 通常 你都是“呃 就不能让我再多睡一小会吗” |
[01:27] | Aah! The sun’s too bright!” | 呃 阳光好刺眼 |
[01:29] | Aah, the sun’s too bright! | 呃 阳光好刺眼 |
[01:32] | No, wait. I’m the one who says that. | 等等 这句好像是我天天说来着 |
[01:36] | Today is a big day, Stan. | 斯坦 今天是个大日子 |
[01:38] | I got my learner’s permit and I’m off to drive! | 我拿到临时驾车许可证 可以开车了 |
[01:44] | Need pants to drive! | 得先穿上裤子 |
[01:49] | Dad, come on! We’ve got to get going. | 爸爸 快点啦 我们该出门了 |
[01:51] | I’ve got my learner’s permit and I’m ready to dominate the road! | 我拿到临时驾照了 我要去征服大马路了 |
[01:56] | By setting a good example for other drivers. | 给别的司机做个示范 |
[02:00] | I remember when I got my learner’s permit. | 我记得我拿临时驾照那天 |
[02:02] | It was a Wednesday. | 是个周三 |
[02:05] | I never said it was an interesting story. | 我又没说很有趣 |
[02:09] | Being “Permitted” To learn… | “被允许”学习 |
[02:12] | that gives me an idea for a book about a dystopian future | 给了我写本书的灵感 是反乌托邦未来的 |
[02:15] | where only the privileged can study, | 有一个地方那里只允许有特权的人读书 |
[02:18] | until one courageous young girl brings education to all, | 直到有一个年轻勇敢的女孩将教育全面的普及 |
[02:22] | including the ridiculously handsome boy who says, | 当然会有一个无与伦比的帅男孩对她说 |
[02:25] | “You taught me how to read… and to love.” | “”你教会了我读书 还教会了我去爱” |
[02:28] | She better only teach him how to read. | 最好是只教会他读书 |
[02:31] | All right. Now let’s hit the road. | 好吧 我们走 |
[02:34] | Yes! | 耶 |
[02:35] | I’m going to be great at driving. | 我会是一个出色的司机 |
[02:39] | I’m not great at driving. | 我开车一点都不好 |
[02:41] | She ran over a garden gnome. | 她撞到了花园里的一个小矮人雕像 |
[02:44] | I’m gonna go scrape gnome butt off the bumper. | 我去把保险杠上小矮人的身子拿下来 |
[02:49] | Oh, my gosh, Avery, you’re a gnomicidal maniac. | 天啊 艾芙莉 你这个专杀小矮人的杀人狂 |
[02:53] | Better call gnomeland security! | 应该把小矮人们的安保人员叫过来 |
[02:55] | We can rebuild him if we go to Gnome Depot. | 如果我们去小矮人仓库的话可以把它修好 |
[02:59] | Unless you’re going to make a Noam Chomsky joke, | 除非你想搞出个诺姆 ·乔姆斯基式的笑话来 |
[03:01] | I don’t want to hear any more. | 我不想听你胡说八道 |
[03:02] | Avery, you just ran over Noam Chomsky! | 艾芙莉 你刚刚撞到诺姆·乔姆斯基 |
[03:05] | I don’t know who that is, but I’m pretty sure it works. | 不知道这人是谁 不过我确定这么说没错 |
[03:13] | Hey, can I have some juice too, Mom? | 妈妈 我可以来口果汁吗 |
[03:15] | Sure. | 当然 |
[03:17] | It’s funny, I could’ve sworn you just called me “Mom” | 有趣的是 我发誓我听到你叫我”妈妈” |
[03:19] | instead of “Mommy.” | 而不是”妈咪” |
[03:20] | I did, Mom. | 没错 妈妈 |
[03:22] | If I were drinking, that would have been a spit take. | 要是我正喝饮料的话 我会一口喷出来的 |
[03:25] | Like this. | 就像这样 |
[03:29] | Are you sure? “Mom”? | 你确定吗 “妈妈” |
[03:32] | I’m nine. I’m a near pre-tween. | 我九岁了 是前青少年期了 |
[03:34] | That’s what my age group is called. | 我们这个年龄层的学名 |
[03:36] | You call you age group called pre-super oldies. | 你们的年龄层就叫做前老人阶段 |
[03:38] | Then comes super-oldies, then post-super-oldies. | 然后就是老年人阶段 之后是后老年人阶段 |
[03:41] | Also known as ghosts. | 也就是常说的鬼魂 |
[03:43] | You know what? | 我们何不这样 |
[03:44] | If you’re ready to call me “Mom,” Then that’s great. | 如果你准备好叫妈妈了 很好 |
[03:47] | You are getting older. | 你慢慢长大了 |
[03:49] | Old enough to help your mom clean up this juice. | 大到可以帮妈妈清理刚刚那滩果汁了 |
[03:51] | Oh, Mom! | 妈妈 |
[03:55] | No, no more skipping. | 不行 不再蹦蹦跳跳了 |
[03:57] | You’re a near pre-tween. | 你是前青少年期了 |
[04:00] | How do people do this? It feels so slow! | 为什么这么走啊 慢死了 |
[04:03] | Hah! “Mom”? | 哈 妈妈 |
[04:06] | I mean I’m happy Chloe’s growing up, | 克洛伊长大了 我是很高兴 |
[04:08] | Stan, but it also makes me kind of sad. | 斯坦 但也让我感觉很伤感 |
[04:10] | You know what makes me sad? | 你知道什么让我伤感吗 |
[04:11] | My kids are always fighting. | 我的孩子老是打架 |
[04:13] | Well, that and seasonal beverages. | 还有那些季节性的饮料 |
[04:15] | I want eggnog now! | 我现在就想喝蛋奶酒 |
[04:18] | Wait, why am I talking to you about Chloe | 等等 我为什么和你谈克洛伊的事 |
[04:20] | when I’ve got a parenting expert in the other room? | 我有个现成的育儿专家在隔壁房间 |
[04:23] | No, I am not a pre-super-oldie. | 不要 我才不要进入前老人阶段 |
[04:26] | I’m gonna skip. | 我要蹦蹦跳跳的 |
[04:28] | Oh, my knee. | 哦 我的膝盖啊 |
[04:29] | Ow! My hip. | 啊哦 我的屁股 |
[04:31] | Whoa! Something went soft. | 哇哦 哪里软了一下 |
[04:34] | Parenting expert. | 儿童专家 |
[04:36] | Maybe Bennett can tell me how to get my kids to stop fighting. | 也许班尼特可以告诉我孩子们怎样不打架 |
[04:39] | Excuse me, Ellen. | 艾伦 借过一下 |
[04:45] | So I need to talk to you about Chloe. | 我得跟你谈谈克洛伊 |
[04:51] | Sorry, hon, it’s my office line. | 不好意思 亲爱的 有工作电话 |
[04:54] | Wish I had a receptionist, it’s probably a patient calling. | 有个接待员就好了 也许是病人的电话 |
[04:56] | Okay, okay, I’ll be back. | 好吧 我待会再来 |
[05:02] | Hello, Dr. Bennett James’s office. | 你好 班尼特办公室 |
[05:04] | How may I help you? | 有什么可以帮助你吗 |
[05:06] | Bennett has a receptionist? | 班尼特有接待了 |
[05:09] | And with the voice of an angel. | 还是一个有着天使般嗓音的人 |
[05:12] | I’m a huge fan of Dr. James’s books. | 我超级喜欢詹姆斯先生的书 |
[05:15] | Can I speak with him? | 我可以和他说话吗 |
[05:16] | Dr. James, there’s a fan calling for you. | 詹姆斯先生 是你的仰慕者来电 |
[05:19] | Thank you, Wanda. | 谢谢你 莞达 |
[05:21] | Though you’ll never have a bigger fan than me. | 不过最喜欢你的永远都是我 |
[05:23] | Oh, Wanda. | 快别说了 莞达 |
[05:27] | Hello, this is Dr. James. Can I help you? | 你好 我是詹姆斯先生 有什么可以效劳的 |
[05:29] | Oh, yes. My name is, um… | 你好 我是 |
[05:33] | hmm… Chair. Chairy. Jerry. | 我是查理 杰瑞 |
[05:35] | That’s right, Jerry. Jerry Table. | 是的 杰瑞 杰瑞·塔布莱 |
[05:38] | Sheesh. | 啧啧 |
[05:40] | I need parenting advice. | 我想作为家长咨询一下 |
[05:42] | Well, Mr. Table, I’m always happy to help. | 你好 塔布莱先生 您说 |
[05:45] | Please, call me Chair. Chairy. Jerry. | 请叫我查理 查瑞 杰瑞 |
[05:48] | The thing is, my kids fight all the time, | 是这样 我的孩子们老互相打架 |
[05:50] | and I just don’t know what to do. | 我真是不知道该怎么办才好 |
[05:52] | Well, Jerry, it’s best to let siblings | 你好 杰瑞 最好是让兄弟姐妹之间 |
[05:55] | develop their own tools for conflict resolution | 自己发展出一套方法来解决冲突 |
[05:57] | without parental intervention. | 不靠父母干涉 |
[05:58] | That sounds really complicated. | 听起来很复杂 |
[06:00] | Just do nothing. | 就是啥都不做 |
[06:01] | You’re approaching my wheelhouse. | 你正走向我的驾驶室 |
[06:04] | Listen I gotta get going. | 我得挂了 |
[06:06] | My wife is having a problem with my nine-year-old daughter. | 我妻子问我九岁女儿的事情 |
[06:09] | Oh, because she stopped calling her “Mommy”? | 因为她不再叫她”妈咪”了吗 |
[06:11] | What makes you think that? | 你怎么会这样想 |
[06:12] | Ah, well, ya see… | 呃 这个 |
[06:15] | Mr. Table, your 11 o’clock is here. | 塔布莱先生 已经十一点了 |
[06:18] | Thanks, Wanda! | 谢谢你 莞达 |
[06:19] | Your receptionist is named Wanda too? | 你的接待也叫莞达 |
[06:23] | Hello? | 喂 |
[06:28] | Ellen, I just had the oddest conversation. | 艾伦 我刚接了个很奇怪的电话 |
[06:30] | I don’t know what to do, Bennett. | 我不知道该怎么办 班尼特 |
[06:33] | Chloe wants to call me “Mom,” Instead of “Mommy.” | 克洛伊不想叫我”妈咪”了 要叫”妈妈” |
[06:35] | What? Are you kidding? No. Of course not. | 什么 你开玩笑的吗 不是 没有啊 |
[06:38] | Did I say “Good one, Ellen”? | 我没说“不错啊 艾伦” |
[06:40] | I make it very clear when I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的话我会说清楚的 |
[06:42] | Jerry, the guy I was just talking to, was right. | 杰瑞 刚打电话的人 说对了 |
[06:45] | He said that Chloe stopped calling you “Mommy.” | 他说克洛伊不叫你”妈咪”了 |
[06:47] | -How did he know? -Maybe he’s psychic. | -他怎么知道的 -也许他是巫师 |
[06:50] | Did he say I would someday inherit Steincrotch Abbey? | 他有没有说有一天我会继承斯坦克罗奇教堂 |
[06:53] | Because I’m not related to those Steincrotches, | 因为我和斯坦克罗奇没什么关系 |
[06:55] | but I’ve had my heart set on a clerical error. | 但是我把所有希望都寄托在笔误上 |
[07:00] | Yeah, listen. | 好吧 你看啊 |
[07:02] | Chloe is growing up, hon, she’s changing. | 克洛伊一天天长大了 她不一样了 |
[07:05] | That’s a good thing. | 这是好事 |
[07:07] | I know being sad about Chloe growing up is silly. | 我知道伤感克洛伊长大了是很傻 |
[07:10] | I mean, she couldn’t be our cute little one forever. | 她本来就不可能永远是我们的小可爱 |
[07:13] | I just didn’t want her to stop being our cute little one so soon. | 我只是不想这么快 |
[07:16] | I guess that time’s over. | 我想是时候了 |
[07:20] | So, you see that I have ice packs all over me. | 你看到我全身敷着冰袋吧 |
[07:22] | You’re not going to say anything about this? | 不打算说点什么吗 |
[07:24] | Because it has been a harrowing morning, Bennett. | 因为这是一个悲催的早上 班尼特 |
[07:27] | Apparently, I am a pre-super-oldie. | 很显然 我已经处在前老年阶段了 |
[07:29] | Then I skipped and something | 然后我跳了一下 |
[07:30] | went soft and now I have a hot spot on my leg | 哪里软了一下 |
[07:32] | that I think is cooking these peas! | 现在我腿上火辣辣简直可以煮豆子 |
[07:38] | Now check your rear-view mirror. | 检查一下你的后视镜 |
[07:41] | Okay, now let’s turn up | 好 现在我们就发动吧 |
[07:43] | there and we’ll gnome around the neighborhood. | 在小矮人附近转转 |
[07:46] | What? Did you say “Gnome”? | 什么 你刚说小矮人了吗 |
[07:48] | Aaaaah! Who are you?! | 啊啊啊 你是谁 |
[07:52] | I’m the gnome you ran over and destroyed. | 我是被你撞毁掉的那个矮人啊 |
[07:55] | One day from retirement. | 刚刚退休才一天 |
[07:58] | I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it! | 对不起 我不是故意的 |
[08:00] | Then why are you mowing down the rest of my family? | 那你为什么还要撞毁我家的其他人 |
[08:02] | Daffodil! Rosemary! Cranky! Sloppy! Doofus! | 达芙迪尔 罗兹玛丽 克兰奇 欧提兹 多费斯 |
[08:06] | Didn’t know that guy. | 不认识那个 |
[08:08] | Twinkles! Itchy! Lefty! Bugsy! Two Toes! | 爱眨眼的 爱挠痒的 左撇子 两个脚趾的 |
[08:12] | Will you please hit the brakes?! | 你就不能踩刹车吗 |
[08:23] | Tyler, that is not funny! | 泰勒 不好笑 好吗 |
[08:25] | Which just goes to show you, comedy is subjective. | 这正好告诉你 喜剧可不可笑是个人感受 |
[08:37] | Aah! Don’t run over me! | 啊 不要撞到我 |
[08:41] | Don’t worry, Tyler. I’m not driving. | 别担心 泰勒 我没在开车 |
[08:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:45] | If you were driving, you’d be on the front lawn. | 要是你开车的话 你在前面草坪上 |
[08:47] | If you were driving, | 要是你开车的话 |
[08:48] | there’d be mangled gnome bodies in your path. | 一路上可全都是轧坏的小矮人 |
[08:51] | -If you were driving… -Tyler! | -要是你开车的话 -泰勒 |
[08:53] | No, no, I have got one more. If you were driving… dang it! | 等等 我还有一句 要是你开车的话 算了 |
[08:55] | You made me forget! I hope you’re happy! | 你一说我忘了 开心了吧 |
[08:58] | I’m never driving again. | 我永不会再开车了 |
[09:00] | My book is now about a courageous | 我那本书现在写的是一个年轻的勇敢女孩 |
[09:02] | young girl who takes public transportation | 喜欢乘坐公共交通 |
[09:05] | with the ridiculously handsome boy who says, | 有一个帅得不像话的男生跟她说 |
[09:08] | “You taught me how to ride the bus… and to love.” | “你教会了我如何开公交车 还教会了我爱” |
[09:12] | This isn’t all because of the gnome, is it? | 你这样不会就是因为小矮人吧 |
[09:14] | And me putting the gnome in your bed? | 我是把小矮人雕像放在你床上了 |
[09:16] | And me changing the | 我还把你手机 |
[09:17] | wallpaper on your phone to pictures of gnomes? | 屏保换成小矮人图画 |
[09:18] | What? | 什么 |
[09:20] | Tyler! | 泰勒 |
[09:22] | Look, I’m sorry if I took the teasing too far. | 很抱歉我嘲笑你有点过了 |
[09:25] | But if you’re freaked out about driving, let me help you. | 但是如果你真的不敢开车 让我来帮你啊 |
[09:27] | You helped me when I wanted | 我想提早毕业那时是你帮的我 |
[09:29] | to graduate early, and it meant so much, | 那次真的很感谢你 |
[09:31] | and then you taught me how to play the spoons. | 然后你还教会了我用勺子演奏 |
[09:33] | I didn’t teach you how to play the spoons. | 我没教过你怎么演奏勺子 |
[09:35] | Then how did I learn this? | 那我怎么学会的 |
[09:45] | Look I mean it, Avery. | 说真的 艾芙莉 |
[09:48] | I’m your big brother. I may | 但我可是你大哥 |
[09:49] | not always act like it, but I do care about you. | 虽然通常不太有哥哥的样子 但是我很关心你 |
[09:52] | So what do you say? | 所以你怎么说 |
[09:55] | Let me help you with your driving. | 让我教教你开车吧 |
[09:56] | Well, that’s very sweet, Tyler. | 你好贴心啊 泰勒 |
[09:59] | Okay. Let’s give it a try. | 好吧 我们再试试 |
[10:01] | Awesome. | 太好了 |
[10:04] | Seriously, who taught me this? | 说真的 这个谁教我的 |
[10:13] | Freddy, stop! | 弗雷迪 你够了 |
[10:15] | Stop what? | 够什么了 |
[10:16] | This? Ehhh… | 这个吗 |
[10:19] | Dada, make him stop! | 爸爸 让他别吵了 |
[10:21] | Freddy, would you please… No, no. | 弗雷迪 你能不能 不行 |
[10:25] | It’s up to you guys to develop your own tools | 就让你们以自己的方式 |
[10:28] | for conflict resolution, like Bennett said. | 来解决这冲突吧 像班尼特说的那样 |
[10:31] | -So work it out. -Okay, Dada. | -你们自己处理 -好吧 爸爸 |
[10:34] | Let’s see how you like it. | 看你喜不喜欢这个 |
[10:41] | I think they’re working it out. | 我想他们正在解决问题呢 |
[10:47] | Stop it! Just stop it! | 都别吵了 闭嘴 |
[10:52] | What’s wrong with him? | 他这是怎么了 |
[10:54] | I think he has a bad case of | 我猜他遇到烦心事了 |
[11:01] | Hey, Chloe. Never have puppies. | 克洛伊 千万不能要小孩 |
[11:06] | So what are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[11:08] | I heard my mom say I wasn’t the little cute one anymore. | 我听到我妈妈说我再也不是她的小可爱了 |
[11:11] | So I’m watching home | 所以我在看家庭录影 |
[11:12] | movies to figure out how to get my cute back. | 想把以前的可爱找回来 |
[11:14] | I don’t know what Ellen’s talking about. | 我不大懂艾伦的意思 |
[11:16] | I’m no expert on people cute, but your hair is poodle-y | 也不是研究人类可爱专家 但是你有贵宾犬样的头发 |
[11:19] | and you always have food on your fingers. | 手指上还常常有食物 |
[11:22] | I mean, you got a lot going for you, Chloe. | 我是说 你很有自己的魅力 克洛伊 |
[11:27] | Look at that technique. | 你看看这些技巧 |
[11:29] | Notice my hopeful, innocent expression. | 注意看我那充满期待的 无辜的小表情 |
[11:32] | That’s all natural. You can’t teach that. | 这是纯自然的 你教不来的 |
[11:35] | So what do you think, Stan? | 斯坦 你觉得这样好不 |
[11:37] | If I put on those PJs and find a baby pig | 如果我穿上这件睡衣 捧一个小小猪 |
[11:40] | and get in that little car, that will be really, really… sad. | 然后坐进这个车里 一定会特别特别 悲催 |
[11:46] | Or it could be adorable. | 或者会很可爱也不一定 |
[11:48] | It’s hard to know until we see it. | 没亲眼看到实景的话 很难说 |
[11:52] | Yeah, that’s pretty sad. | 是的 的确很悲催 |
[11:54] | Should have trusted your gut, Chloe. | 应该相信你的直觉 克洛伊 |
[11:56] | If I’m not the cute one anymore, | 如果我不再可爱了 |
[11:58] | I’m gonna have to find something else. | 我就必须有点别的特质 |
[11:59] | Wait a minute. That’s not even a pig. | 等等 这都不是一只猪 |
[12:02] | It’s a hairless guinea pig. | 这是只无毛的迷你猪 |
[12:03] | I couldn’t find a real pig. | 我找不到真正的小猪 |
[12:04] | Well, can you put a coat on it or something? | 你能给他穿件衣服啥的吗 |
[12:06] | I’m feeling kind of uncomfortable. | 我觉得有点不舒服 |
[12:12] | Okay, I’ve driven you to this empty lot. There’s no one around. | 我把车给你开到这个空地上了 周围没人 |
[12:15] | You can’t hit anyone or do any damage. | 你不会撞到谁 也不会造成破坏 |
[12:18] | You need a licensed driver twenty-five years or older | 你要一个驾龄25年以上的在车里 |
[12:20] | in the car, and we got Mr. Trummer here, so we’re all set to go. | 我们有特鲁默先生坐镇 可以开始了 |
[12:23] | I believe I was promised soup. | 你答应我有汤喝我才来的 |
[12:31] | Oh! This tastes weak. | 这个太寡淡了 弱爆了 |
[12:33] | Like your entire generation. | 跟你们这一代一样 |
[12:36] | All right, let’s get going. | 好吧 我们就开始吧 |
[12:37] | Start the car. | 发动车子 |
[12:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:40] | I can do this. Easy day. | 我可以的 小事儿 |
[12:45] | I can’t. I’m sorry. I can’t learn this way. | 我不行 对不起 我不会这样子学习 |
[12:48] | I’m used to learning things by myself, in my room. | 我习惯在自己屋里自学东西 |
[12:51] | So just close your eyes, pretend you’re in your room, and drive. | 那就闭上眼睛 假装你在自己屋里开车就好了 |
[12:54] | This is why we have someone over twenty-five in the car. | 这就是为什么车里要有25年驾龄的人 |
[12:57] | Don’t drive with your eyes closed. | 千万别闭着眼睛开车 |
[13:00] | Come on, Avery, why can’t you just do this? | 加油 艾芙莉 为什么就这么难呢 |
[13:03] | -I’m afraid to fail in front of other people. -What? | -我害怕在人前失败 -你说啥 |
[13:06] | -I’m afraid to fail in front of other people. -What? | -我害怕在人前失败 -啥玩意 |
[13:09] | She’s afraid to fail in front of other people! | 她害怕在人前失败 |
[13:11] | Here, you want to borrow this? | 给你 你要借这个吗 |
[13:14] | I was afraid to fail in front | 我害怕在爸爸妈妈前失败 |
[13:16] | of Mom and Dad because their opinions matter, | 因为我很在意他们的想法 |
[13:18] | so I thought it’d be easier with you two. | 所以我觉得你们两个的话应该会好点 |
[13:21] | None taken. | 不认同 |
[13:24] | I just can’t do it. I give up. | 我做不到 我放弃 |
[13:27] | If you woulda had that kind of attitude, Tyler, | 泰勒 当初你要是也这种态度 |
[13:30] | you never would have learned how to play the spoons. | 你永远也学不会怎么用勺子演奏 |
[13:33] | You’re the one! | 原来是你 |
[13:46] | So I’ve been working out a little. | 我最近在锻炼哦 |
[13:52] | What are you wearing? | 你穿的是什么 |
[13:53] | M’muscles. | 大力士女士服 |
[13:58] | I’m the strong one in the family. | 我是这家里最强壮的人 |
[14:00] | Check it out. | 看看 |
[14:10] | Chloe honey, I have to make dinner. | 克洛伊宝贝 我得做晚饭了 |
[14:12] | Why don’t you go play dress-up in the other room, okay? | 你穿着你的戏服去别的房间玩吧 |
[14:14] | Take this fake rock with you. | 把你的假石头也带走 |
[14:16] | Whoa! It still has heft! My back went out. | 哇哦 还是有点重量的 我的老腰啊 |
[14:21] | Do you even lift, brah? | 你根本都没把它搬离地好不好 伙计 |
[14:28] | Chloe, that’s a fun costume. | 克洛伊 衣服很有趣哦 |
[14:30] | It’s not a costume. It’s who I want to be. | 我没有玩化妆 我想成为这样的人 |
[14:33] | Why won’t anyone take me seriously?! | 为什么都没人拿我当回事儿 |
[14:37] | Oh, man, I really shredded my quads this morning. | 天啊 我今早上把股四头肌给伤着了 |
[14:55] | That was weird. | 好奇怪 |
[14:57] | I wonder what Mr. Table would have to say about that. | 好想知道塔布莱先生会对此说什么 |
[15:00] | So do I, Bennett. So do I. | 我也是 班尼特 我也是 |
[15:08] | Dr. Bennett James’s office. How may I help you? | 班尼特·詹姆斯办公室 请问有什么可以帮你的 |
[15:10] | Oh hi, this is Wanda in Jerry Table’s office | 你好 我是杰瑞·塔布莱办公室的莞达 |
[15:15] | calling for Dr. James. | 我找詹姆斯先生 |
[15:16] | Oh, Wanda, hi! This is Wanda! | 莞达 我是莞达 |
[15:21] | I’ve heard so much about you. | 我总听人提起您 |
[15:23] | Me too, doll. | 我也是 大美女 |
[15:25] | We’ll have to do lunch sometime. | 有时间我们该一起吃个午饭 |
[15:27] | Yes, that would be delightful! | 哦 那太好了 |
[15:33] | Dr. James? This is Jerry. | 詹姆斯教授 我是杰瑞 |
[15:34] | Hi, Jerry. | 你好 杰瑞 |
[15:36] | I’m… I’m so glad you called. | 很开心你又打过来 |
[15:38] | Listen, How did you know that my daughter | 你是怎么知道我女儿 |
[15:40] | was going to stop calling my wife “Mommy”? | 不再叫我妻子”妈咪”了 |
[15:43] | There’s only one possible explanation. | 只有一个解释说得通 |
[15:45] | I’m your dog. What? | 我是你家的狗 什么 |
[15:47] | No, I’m just kidding. | 没有 开玩笑啦 |
[15:49] | I’m a regular insightful stranger. | 我只是一个普通的陌生人 有点观察力而已 |
[15:51] | Don’t tell me. Now your daughter’s dressing up as a strongwoman | 别告诉我你女儿现在穿成大力士女士服 |
[15:54] | and complaining that no one is taking her seriously. | 抱怨没人把她当回事儿 |
[15:57] | How did you know that? | 你怎么会会知道 |
[15:59] | Is my wife going to inherit | 那我妻子会因为一次笔误 |
[16:00] | Steincrotch Abbey through a clerical error? | 继承斯坦克罗奇大教堂吗 |
[16:02] | Well, I can’t really say, Lord Steincrotch. | 这可我不能说 斯坦克罗奇大人 |
[16:07] | Look, your daughter may be upset | 你看 你女儿也许是因为人们 |
[16:09] | because people think she isn’t the little cute one anymore | 认为她不再是家里的小可爱烦心 |
[16:11] | and she doesn’t know what makes her special in the family. | 她不知道什么可以让她在家里特别 |
[16:14] | That’s really helpful. | 太有帮助了 |
[16:16] | If you are ever looking to be a gentleman’s valet, | 如果你想为一位绅士做贴身男仆 |
[16:19] | there will always be a position for you at Steincrotch Abbey. | 随时可以来斯坦克罗奇教堂 |
[16:24] | Anyway, why were you calling? | 那你打电话所谓何事 |
[16:26] | Well, letting my kids work out their conflicts themselves | 我让我的孩子们自己解决纠纷 |
[16:29] | made the fighting even worse. | 结果他们打闹更凶 |
[16:31] | Your advice was terrible. | 你的建议太逊了 |
[16:33] | -Would you like some more? -Oh, sure! | -你想听听别的吗 -当然好 |
[16:36] | Well, what finally brought | 最终让我的孩子们友好相处的办法是 |
[16:37] | my kids together was when we got them a dog. | 我们养了一只狗狗 |
[16:40] | If your kids are responsible enough, I recommend it. | 如果你的孩子们足够负责任 我推荐这样做 |
[16:43] | I gotta tell you, Stan is the | 我可以跟你说 |
[16:44] | best thing that ever happened to this family. | 斯坦是这家里最好的礼物了 |
[16:47] | Hearing you say that means so much to me. | 听你这样说对我意义重大 |
[16:49] | Tonight I am gonna curl up and sleep at your feet… | 今晚我会蜷缩在你脚边睡觉 |
[16:53] | is what I would say if I were your gentleman’s valet. | 如果我是你的贴身男仆的话 |
[16:57] | -What? -Gotta go. | -什么 -我得挂了 |
[17:05] | What is all this? | 这是干嘛 |
[17:07] | You don’t want to drive because you don’t want to fail | 你不想开车是因为 |
[17:09] | in front of other people. | 你不想在人前失败 |
[17:11] | So I’ve built you… | 所以我给你建了个 |
[17:12] | the Gauntlet of Failure! | 失败酷刑折磨营 |
[17:15] | The gauntlet of failure? | 失败折磨营 |
[17:16] | No, the Gauntlet of Failure! | 不是 是失败酷刑折磨营 |
[17:19] | I’m going to make you comfortable with failing | 我会让你自如应对 |
[17:21] | in front of other people. Come on in, everybody. | 在人前失败的状况 进来吧 各位 |
[17:23] | That’s right, get your soup and take a seat. | 对 来碗汤休息一下 |
[17:27] | Ooh, it’s hot. Smells like celery. | 哦 热乎乎的 是芹菜的香味 |
[17:30] | Like Dorothy. | 像多萝西一样 |
[17:36] | Okay, Avery, let’s start with this basketball hoop. | 好了 艾芙莉 我们先从投篮开始 |
[17:39] | Dunk the ball. | 扣篮吧 |
[17:41] | You think I’m going to fail, but I don’t fail. | 你觉得我一定会投不进去 但是我会的 |
[17:44] | I’m gonna do this, Tyler. | 我倒要投给你看看 泰勒 |
[17:47] | I am gonna dunk this basketball. | 我要投进去 |
[18:11] | Oh, man, I just blew it in front of all these people. | 天啊 我在这么多人面前搞砸了 |
[18:15] | This is so embarrassing. | 太丢人了 |
[18:16] | Okay, it’s not the end of the world. | 得了 又不是世界末日 |
[18:19] | You failed in front of people. | 你在人前出丑了 |
[18:20] | Big deal. | 多大点事儿啊 |
[18:21] | We are all focused on our soup. | 我们只是在专注喝汤 |
[18:25] | Now fail at the rest of these things. | 现在试试在别的事上也失败吧 |
[18:28] | Okay. I guess I can give it a try. | 好吧 我试试 |
[19:01] | Yes! I did it! | 我做到了 耶 |
[19:04] | Failing in front of people isn’t so bad. | 在人前失败也没那么坏 |
[19:06] | Congratulations! You’re a failure! | 恭喜你 你是个失败者 |
[19:09] | Now you’re ready to drive in the Greater Los Angeles area. | 现在你准备好去开车了 |
[19:13] | And you also helped out Jimbo here. | 你还顺便帮了吉米 |
[19:15] | He was afraid of success. | 他害怕成功 |
[19:29] | Chloe, what are you doing? | 克洛伊 你这是干什么呢 |
[19:31] | I’m the cook in the family. | 我在为全家做饭 |
[19:32] | But I’m the cook in the family. | 但是该是我来做饭啊 |
[19:34] | Hear her out, hon. | 听她说完 亲爱的 |
[19:36] | I just made my special chicken stuffed with Chinese food. | 我刚刚把我的特制鸡里填满了中国食物 |
[19:40] | The secret ingredient is Chinese food. | 秘密武器就是中国食物哦 |
[19:45] | I think Chloe is acting like this because she overheard you say | 我想克洛伊这样是因为她不小心听到你说 |
[19:48] | that she’s not your little cute one anymore. | 她不再是家里的小可爱了 |
[19:51] | She’s trying to figure out what makes her special in the family. | 她想让自己在家里是特别的那个 |
[19:53] | No, I didn’t mean that. I’ve got to talk to her. | 我不是那个意思 我得去跟她说说 |
[19:56] | Although, she could be the strong one. | 虽然 她是可以是很强壮的那个 |
[19:58] | That rock was not light, Bennett. | 那石头不轻啊 班尼特 |
[20:00] | Jacked me up. | 我搬都受伤了 |
[20:03] | Why is that colander moving? | 为什么滤锅在动啊 |
[20:05] | That’s my line cook, Francois. | 是我的厨房员工 弗朗索瓦 |
[20:09] | Aaah! Put a coat on it! | 啊 给他穿件衣服 |
[20:13] | I’m gonna let you two talk. | 你们两个谈谈吧 |
[20:15] | Chloe, why don’t I take care of that for you? | 克洛伊 不如我替你照顾他 |
[20:20] | It’s like a skin potato! | 活像个剥皮的土豆 |
[20:24] | Sweetie, come here. | 小甜心 坐过来 |
[20:28] | Did you overhear me say you weren’t the little cute one anymore? | 你是听到我说你不再是小可爱了吗 |
[20:31] | I guess so. | 是啊 |
[20:34] | Oh, honey, it’s okay that you’re growing up. | 宝贝 你长大当然好了 |
[20:36] | I don’t want you to feel badly about that. | 我不想你因为这个不开心 |
[20:39] | But it made you sad when I called you “Mom.” | 可是我叫你”妈妈”你很伤感啊 |
[20:42] | I’m sorry. I didn’t handle that very well. | 对不起 是我没有处理好 |
[20:46] | But I think I know why. | 但是我知道为什么 |
[20:48] | When your dad and I first got together and I first met you, | 你爸爸和我刚在一起的时候 我第一见到你 |
[20:51] | I’d already missed out on years of being your mommy, | 我就已经错失了好几年当你妈咪的时间 |
[20:54] | and I didn’t want that to go away yet. | 我还不想这段时间就这样结束 |
[20:56] | But I’m really glad I get to be your Mom now. | 但是我真的很开心当你的妈妈 |
[20:59] | -You are? -Oh, yeah, honey. | -真的吗 -当然 亲爱的 |
[21:01] | You’re such a wonderful girl. | 你这么棒 |
[21:03] | That’ll always make you special in this family. | 在家里你一直都很特别 |
[21:06] | I love you so much. | 我爱你 |
[21:07] | Love you, too, Mom. | 我也爱你 妈妈 |
[21:11] | Here, try my special gummy worm lasagna. | 给 尝尝我特制的口香糖虫面 |
[21:15] | Oh. What made you think to combine those ingredients? | 你怎么想到把这几样配一块的 |
[21:18] | Oh, they’re just things I found around the kitchen. | 因为我在厨房就找到了这些东西 |
[21:20] | Lasagna, gum, and worms. | 烤宽面条 口香糖 虫子 |
[21:24] | If I had taken a bite, that would have been a spit take. | 如果我吃一口 我会吐出来的 |
[21:26] | Like this. | 像这样 |
[21:29] | Why did I do that? | 我干嘛吃那一口啊 |
[21:33] | I’ll get Francois to help me clean this up. | 我会让弗朗索瓦帮我收拾这些 |
[21:36] | Francois, you got time to lean, you got time to clean! | 弗朗索瓦 慢慢清理 不着急哦 |
[21:42] | Yes, I did it! | 好耶 我做到了 |
[21:44] | I went driving with Tyler and Mr. Trummer | 我载着泰勒和特鲁默先生开车 |
[21:46] | and I didn’t mind failing in front of people. | 我不介意在人前失败 |
[21:49] | Not when I went up on that curb, | 我撞到马路牙子时没介意 |
[21:50] | not when I drove through that flower bed. | 开车撵过花床时没介意 |
[21:53] | Not even when I hit that mailbox. | 撞到信箱时也没介意 |
[21:54] | Our mailbox. We need a new mailbox. | 我们的信箱 我们需要个新信箱 |
[21:58] | Proud of you, sweetie. | 为你骄傲哦 小甜心 |
[21:59] | I am totally putting this in her bed tonight. | 我今晚绝对要把这个放她床上 |
[22:03] | Proud of you, sweetie. | 为你骄傲哦 孩子 |
[22:06] | So I took Bennett’s advice and got my pups a pet | 我采纳了班尼特的意见 |
[22:09] | to bring them together. | 给孩儿们一个宠物让他们友好相处 |
[22:11] | I couldn’t trust them to take care | 我不相信他们能照顾 |
[22:12] | of a real hairless guinea pig, | 一只真正的无毛迷你猪 |
[22:14] | so I got them the next best thing. | 所以我给他们带来了这个好东西 |
[22:22] | Aghh! It’s weird-looking! | 啊 它样子好奇怪啊 |
[22:25] | Ohh! Put a coat on it! | 噢 给它穿件衣服吧 |
[22:29] | Why did I agree to do this? | 我当初干嘛要答应 |