时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | What’s up with all the howling, Stan? | 斯坦 瞎叫个啥 |
[00:10] | I didn’t hear any sirens and the moon isn’t full. | 还不到满月呢 也没有警笛响 |
[00:13] | And you finished filming your reality show So You Think You Can Howl. | 你也拍完真人秀《犬吠争霸》了 |
[00:17] | No, I’m serenading my girlfriend Princess through the fence. | 我是在给隔壁女朋友“公主”唱情歌 |
[00:20] | This is the only way we can communicate | 要不是她主人希瑟从中作梗 |
[00:22] | since her mean owner Heather insists on keeping us apart. | 我们也不用吠声传情 |
[00:25] | You know, the real fun part of my show was | 《犬吠争霸》里最好玩的事情 |
[00:27] | watching all the dogs who think they can howl… but can’t. | 就是看一群自以为挺厉害的傻瓜鬼哭狼嚎 |
[00:32] | So I haven’t heard Princess howl back. | 没见公主回应你啊 |
[00:35] | I know. She hasn’t returned any of my howls in days. | 是啊 她已经几天没理我了 |
[00:39] | So she’s either gotten bored with me, or she’s off on some secret spy mission | 要不就是烦我了 要不就是出去当间谍了 |
[00:43] | to save the planet from the evil Dr. Cat. | 要打败邪恶的猫博士 拯救地球 |
[00:45] | Probably not even a real doctor. | 我觉得他根本不是博士 |
[00:48] | Probably got his doctorate in feline studies. | 说不定文凭都是在猫科研究系搞来的 |
[00:49] | That’s not even a real major! | 从来没听说过这个系 |
[00:52] | With Nikki in El Salvador, I know how you feel being apart. | 懂的 尼基住在萨尔瓦多 我俩也是远距离恋爱 |
[00:56] | Even texting is hard because they charge by the letter. | 那儿连发条短信都要按字收费 |
[00:59] | “I L U.” | “我 宣 你” |
[01:01] | Mommy said they don’t charge by the letter, they charge by the text. | 妈妈明明说那儿是按词收费 |
[01:05] | Oh, let me resend that. | 那我重写一次 |
[01:06] | “I lost underwear.” | “向你宣布 我内裤丢了” |
[01:11] | Long distance relationships are tough. | 远距离恋爱好累 |
[01:14] | Mason got moved to the other side of the classroom. | 梅森的座位换到教室另一头了 |
[01:16] | Now to see each other, | 我俩现在要想见面 |
[01:18] | we pretend we have to go to the bathroom at the same time. | 得同时找借口去上厕所 |
[01:19] | Well, I pretend. He can go anytime he wants. | 其实只有我 他想什么时候去就什么时候去 |
[01:23] | What a guy. | 太帅了 |
[01:26] | Look, I’m just worried about Princess. | 我就是有点担心公主 |
[01:28] | I hope nothing bad happened to her. | 希望她没出事 |
[01:30] | Well, dogs always bark when the mailman comes. | 一般来说 邮递员一来 狗就会叫 |
[01:32] | Why don’t I just go over, pretend to be the mailman, | 不如我假扮成邮递员走过去 |
[01:34] | and see if she barks at me? | 去看看她会不会朝我叫 |
[01:35] | Ha! That’s ridiculous. | 就凭你那演技 |
[01:37] | No one would ever believe you as a mailman. | 谁会相信你是邮递员呢 |
[01:40] | I’m a mailman. | 我来假扮邮递员 |
[01:45] | When I rang the doorbell, Princess barked, | 我去按门铃时 公主叫了 |
[01:48] | which means she isn’t saving the planet from Dr. Cat, | 这么说她没有对抗猫博士 也没去拯救地球 |
[01:50] | which means I can’t say | 也就代表我不能告诉她 |
[01:52] | my Dr. Cat graphic novel is based on a true story. | 我画的猫博士漫画是真实故事改编的 |
[01:57] | It also means princess is not answering my howls for some other reason. | 所以公主不理我是出于其它原因 |
[02:01] | And to make matters worse, I wasted the whole afternoon. | 更别提我把一下午都浪费了 |
[02:04] | Get the mailman! | 咬住邮递员 |
[02:26] | – Guys, guess what! – Seventeen. | -伙计们 猜怎么着 -十七 |
[02:28] | No. I’ve been designing outfits non stop since lunch. | 啥呀 看 我从中午就开始画服装设计稿了 |
[02:33] | Someday 17 is gonna be right and I am going to blow minds. | 十七总有一天会成为正确答案 总有一天你们会懂的 |
[02:38] | Wow, that dress you made is amazing. | 你做的裙子真漂亮 |
[02:41] | Ever since we took that Life Skills class, | 自从咱上了生活技能课 |
[02:43] | that’s all you’ve been thinking about. | 你就一直在设计服装 |
[02:44] | I know. | 没错 |
[02:45] | I’ve been bitten by the fashion bug. | 我被时尚昆虫咬了 |
[02:47] | And now I have super fashion powers. | 拥有了时尚超能力 |
[02:50] | Thank you, fashion bug. | 时尚昆虫 多谢 |
[02:52] | I really love these. Would you make me an outfit? | 我好喜欢这些衣服 能给我做一件吗 |
[02:55] | Here you go. | 给 |
[02:56] | How’d you know I was going to ask that? | 你咋知道我想要的 |
[02:58] | Super fashion powers! | 超级时尚魔力 |
[02:59] | And I just figured you’d want one. | 还因为我提前猜到了 |
[03:04] | I love my dress! | 我太喜欢了 |
[03:05] | Can I give you some money for it? | 需要付你点钱吗 |
[03:07] | Well, now that you mention it, the material was pretty expensive and… | 嗯 这么一想 衣服面料确实挺贵的 |
[03:11] | I’ve insulted you. | 友谊是无价的 |
[03:12] | I’ll never bring up money again. | 我下次再也不提钱这种肮脏字眼了 |
[03:15] | Well, I’m so glad you like it. | 你喜欢就行 |
[03:18] | Max, what do you think? | 麦克斯 你觉得呢 |
[03:20] | I’d be happy to make one for you. | 我很愿意也给你做一件 |
[03:22] | Look, Avery, as much as I like your clothes, they’re just not for me. | 艾芙莉 我很喜欢你的衣服 可惜不是我的风格 |
[03:25] | I mean, this dress screams Lindsay. | 这些裙子明摆着是琳赛的可爱风 |
[03:28] | I’d prefer something that actually screams to go with this bag. | 我喜欢黑暗一点的东西 来配这个包 |
[03:33] | Shhh. | 嘘 |
[03:38] | What are you working on over there, sweetie? | 宝贝儿 你在那儿忙啥呢 |
[03:40] | I’ve been bitten by the fashion bug. | 我被时尚昆虫咬了 |
[03:43] | Now I have super fashion powers. | 拥有了时尚超能力 |
[03:47] | Avery, you’re not supposed to tell the people | 艾芙莉 你居然把这个惊天秘密 |
[03:49] | you love about your secret powers. | 告诉亲人了 |
[03:51] | Now I’m always going to be in danger. | 我会遭人追杀的 |
[03:53] | Ooh, fun! Thanks for playing along. | 有意思 谢谢您陪我闹 |
[03:56] | Here’s the cool part. | 给自己做衣服不算啥 |
[03:57] | I’ve started making outfits for other people besides me. | 能给别人做才叫真本事 |
[04:01] | Ta-da! | 请看 |
[04:02] | So… what do you think? | 您觉得如何 |
[04:04] | I really like it. | 真不错 |
[04:05] | I’d have to say I like it whether I did or not, but I really like it, | 当然 我平时都口是心非 不过这次是真的 |
[04:09] | so I don’t have to say it with my voice going like this. | 这样我不就不用捏着嗓子说话啦 |
[04:12] | Thanks for making it for me, hon. | 宝贝儿 太谢谢你了 |
[04:14] | I haven’t had a strip of film around me | 我短暂的放映员事业黄了以后 |
[04:16] | since my ill-fated stint as a projectionist. | 就再也没见过胶片 |
[04:18] | I lost a whole reel of Romancing the Stone. | 当年我丢了整整一卷《绿宝石》拷贝啊 |
[04:22] | I gotta hand it to you guys. | 我挺佩服你们的 |
[04:23] | You’re so adventurous with your clothes. | 这么敢于创新 |
[04:26] | I’m not big on trying new things. | 我就不喜欢尝试新东西 |
[04:27] | What do you mean? You try new stuff all the time. | 谁说的 你一直很爱挑战新东西 |
[04:30] | You never used to eat kale. | 你之前都不吃甘蓝 |
[04:33] | I don’t eat kale. | 我现在也不吃啊 |
[04:37] | Ellen, do I eat kale? | 艾伦 你知道的吧 |
[04:39] | Have you been slipping me kale? | 难道你一直在骗我吃甘蓝 |
[04:42] | Okay, I’ll let you two discuss this. | 您二老聊着 |
[04:45] | I have a lot of… | 我就先 |
[04:50] | You have been putting kale into my romaine lettuce bag? | 你一直在往我的莴苣里掺甘蓝 |
[04:52] | I thought I was eating romaine lettuce! | 我居然上了这么久的当 |
[04:54] | What is the big deal? | 这有啥大不了的 |
[04:56] | Romaine lettuce is 90% of the way to eating kale. | 甘蓝和莴苣的味道差不多 |
[04:58] | And I guess the other 10% is lies! | 差的那一点都是谎言吧 |
[05:02] | – What else have you tricked me into trying? – Nothing much. | -你还骗我干什么了 -没什么啦 |
[05:04] | Just crafting mosaic tables, decorative sponge painting, | 造马赛克图案桌子 用海绵画画 |
[05:07] | dream boards, making yogurt, collecting sea glass, | 做梦想蓝图板 手工酸奶 收集海玻璃 |
[05:09] | marrying me, whale watching and documentaries. | 和我结婚 赏鲸和看纪录片 仅此而已 |
[05:13] | If I’m trying all these new things for you, | 既然我已经为你付出了这么多 |
[05:17] | maybe it’s time for to you try a few things that I like… | 你也该反过来想想我了吧 |
[05:21] | Wait a minute, did you say, “marrying me?” | 等一下 咱俩结婚也是你下的套 |
[05:23] | Yup. And you said, “I do.” | 没错 你已经乖乖地跟我回家了 |
[05:26] | Gotcha! | 敢跟我斗 |
[05:28] | And when did I ever make yogurt? | 我啥时候做过手工酸奶 |
[05:30] | Tomorrow. You’ll love it, you’ll see. | 明天就做 保证你会喜欢 |
[05:36] | That is so awesome. | 太好了 |
[05:37] | I’ll start making your outfits right away. | 我这就去给你们做衣服 |
[05:39] | You’re going to love them. | 保证你们爱不释手 |
[05:41] | Lindsay, Courtney and Mandy asked me to make outfits for them, too! | 琳赛 科特妮和曼迪也想要我给她们做衣服 |
[05:46] | My super fashion power is becoming so strong. | 我的时尚超能力已经势不可挡了 |
[05:49] | Soon I’ll need a sidekick to keep me humble. | 再过不久 我就厉害得需要朋友的忠言逆耳了 |
[05:51] | Hat Girl! | 她就是“帽子女侠” |
[05:53] | That’s great, Avery. | 真不错 艾芙莉 |
[05:55] | I mean, not the super fashion powers thing | 不是说你的时尚超能力 |
[05:57] | ’cause we’re all getting kind of tired of that, | 那句话听得我耳朵都起茧子了 |
[05:58] | but I’m glad people like your clothes. | 不过能有人喜欢你的衣服真好 |
[06:01] | – Uh, one thing though. – Yeah. | -还有件事 -说吧 |
[06:04] | Courtney asked if I make stuff for you, why don’t I make stuff for Max? | 科特妮不理解我为什么只给你做衣服 不管麦克斯 |
[06:09] | And Mandy said, “‘Cause obviously Max is weird.” | 结果曼迪说“你看不出麦克斯是怪胎啊” |
[06:12] | Do people think Max is weird? | 大家真觉得麦克斯怪吗 |
[06:13] | Avery, we think Max is weird. | 艾芙莉 咱俩也一样好吗 |
[06:15] | She intentionally guesses the wrong letters on Hangman | 她玩双人小游戏会故意用装备砸自己搭档 |
[06:17] | just to see stick man swing. | 就为了看它摔倒在地 |
[06:20] | Yeah, but that’s fun-weird, not bad-weird. | 可是那样挺逗的 不怪啊 |
[06:23] | Like the way she answers her phone by saying, “I’m in your house.” | 跟她给别人打电话都先说“我就在你家里”一样好玩 |
[06:29] | I tried to tell Courtney and Mandy how cool she is, | 我帮麦克斯说了几句好话 |
[06:32] | they said, “Just look at her.” | 她们就说“你看她那个样子” |
[06:34] | Yeah, I’ve heard other people talk about Max. | 有些人确实这么说麦克斯 |
[06:36] | I’m worried about her, too. | 我也挺担心她的 |
[06:37] | We’re in high school now. | 咱们现在可上高中了 |
[06:39] | When people get reputations, they stick. | 一个人的名声可要跟他一辈子的 |
[06:41] | Max is our friend. | 麦克斯是咱朋友 |
[06:42] | She may think my clothes aren’t for her, | 她虽然看不上我做的衣服 |
[06:44] | but they could help people start to see her as the smart, | 但这恰恰能让大家看出 |
[06:47] | funny, and creative Max that we know. | 她有多秀外慧中 |
[06:50] | The Max who has a sign on her bedroom door that says, | 搞笑到能在卧室门上挂个牌子 |
[06:53] | “Abandon all hope ye who enter here.” | 写着“君若想入内 摒弃希翼先” |
[06:56] | I have to convince her to let me make her an outfit. | 我一定要劝她穿我做的衣服 |
[06:58] | She already said no. | 她不是拒绝过了吗 |
[06:59] | Well, then I’ll have to find a way to change her mind. | 那咱们就动之以情 晓之以理 |
[07:02] | Until then, let’s just play it cool. | 目前 咱先装淡定 |
[07:04] | Hey, guys. | 伙计们 |
[07:05] | Nothing! | 啥也没有 |
[07:08] | You guys are weird. | 你们真怪 |
[07:09] | Hold on, I’ve gotta take this. | 稍等 我接个电话 |
[07:13] | I’m in your house. | 我就在你家里 |
[07:20] | Fell in love with a princess, da-na, na-na | 我爱上了一个公主 |
[07:24] | From the moment we met, da-na, na-na | 我对她一见钟情 |
[07:27] | Now living without her, da-na, na-na | 现在身边没了她 |
[07:30] | It’s like a trip to the vet | 简直就像看兽医 |
[07:33] | What’s the matter, Stan? You got the blues? | 咋了 斯坦 心里郁闷 |
[07:35] | Yes, literally. | 对啊 |
[07:36] | Did you not just hear all that “da-na, na-na”? | 你没听见我刚才悲恸的歌声 |
[07:40] | When I’m sad, I pet my dog. | 我一伤心就去抚摸狗狗 |
[07:42] | But I am the dog. I can’t do that. | 我就是那只狗 怎么摸 |
[07:44] | That makes me sad. | 你弄得我也好难过 |
[07:48] | All better. You should get a dog. | 好多啦 你也应该买只狗 |
[07:51] | Stan, look. Isn’t that Princess? | 看 斯坦 那不就是公主吗 |
[07:54] | Ah, sweet mystery of life at last I’ve found you | 啊 生活中甜蜜的谜 我终于找到了你 |
[08:03] | That’s the only riff I know. I don’t play a lot of guitar. | 我又不是吉他高手 只知道这一段不行吗 |
[08:07] | Hey, she’s not with her mean owner. | 她没跟那个坏主人在一起哎 |
[08:09] | She’s with a dog walker. This could be your chance. | 陪她的是个遛狗人员 机不可失啊 |
[08:12] | But what if she’s no longer interested? | 万一她不喜欢我了呢 |
[08:13] | Oh, I’m so nervous. How do I play it? | 我太紧张了 到底该怎么办 |
[08:15] | Just go over there and be cool. | 过去耍酷就行 |
[08:17] | Like, “‘Sup, how you been?” | 比如“哟 最近咋样” |
[08:20] | And you definitely don’t want to be like, “Why you been ducking my howls?” | 千万别说“你最近为啥不理人家了”这种话 |
[08:25] | Or you could do a big, romantic gesture like hitting her with spitballs. | 你还可以搞点浪漫的 用纸团砸她 |
[08:29] | Uh, Chloe, spitballs aren’t romantic. | 克洛伊 砸纸团可不浪漫 |
[08:31] | They aren’t? Oh, I am so mad at Mason. | 真的 梅森居然敢骗我 |
[08:35] | All right, guys, I’m going in. | 好 那我上了 |
[08:36] | How’s my breath? | 口气如何 |
[08:38] | Stinks. | 很臭 |
[08:39] | Fantastic. Wish me luck. | 太好了 祝我好运吧 |
[08:43] | What? | 我的天 |
[08:44] | Is that why Princess has been avoiding me? | 公主不理我就是为了他 |
[08:46] | ‘Cause she’s seeing that fancy dude? | 对那个花花公子投怀送抱去了 |
[08:48] | Whoa, she’s licking his ear. That’s our thing! | 居然还舔他耳朵 这明明是我俩的专利 |
[08:51] | You know, I’ve seen that dog around here somewhere. | 我好像在哪儿见过这只狗 |
[08:54] | Yeah, that’s Fernando. He’s a show dog like Princess. | 想起来了 那是展示犬费尔南多 和公主一个身份 |
[08:57] | He’s won Most Likely to Steal Another Dog’s Girlfriend three years running. | 他已经蝉联三年“最会抢其它狗女朋友奖”冠军了 |
[09:02] | How am I gonna compete with that? | 那我完败啊 |
[09:04] | Even his name is romantic… | 连他名字都那么浪漫 |
[09:06] | Fernando. | 费尔南多 |
[09:09] | You can’t give up, Stan. You’re as good as he is. | 斯坦 别放弃 你不比他差 |
[09:12] | No, I’m not as good as he is. | 我比他差远了 |
[09:14] | But you know who is? | 没关系 还有一条狗比得过他 |
[09:16] | The debonair dog I shall become. | 我的新身份 温柔绅士 |
[09:18] | Stan-ando. | 斯坦南多 |
[09:22] | We will make me over into the most suave, | 齐心协力 帮我成为世界上 |
[09:24] | well-groomed, romantic dog on this planet. | 最文雅 最英俊 最浪漫的狗 |
[09:27] | Stan, I don’t know if… | 斯坦 咱还不确定 |
[09:28] | Please. Say it with me. | 请跟我重复 |
[09:30] | Stan-ando. | 斯坦南多 |
[09:41] | Just because you’re doing a Spanish accent | 有西班牙口音 |
[09:43] | doesn’t mean you have to act like Zorro. | 不代表你非要演佐罗 |
[09:45] | I did not know this. | 俺不清楚耶 |
[09:54] | Are you sure performing a play for Max | 你确定演出戏就能 |
[09:56] | is the best way to convince her to wear your clothes? | 说服麦克斯穿你做的衣服了 |
[09:58] | We spent all night writing, rehearsing, | 咱花了一晚上写剧本 排练 |
[10:01] | printing playbills and invited Max over, | 印节目单 最后把请麦克斯请来 |
[10:03] | and this is the first time you’re bringing that up? | 结果还没开场你就打退堂鼓了 |
[10:05] | It just occurred to me. | 我之前没想全嘛 |
[10:08] | Guys, what are you doing back there? | 伙计们 你们偷偷摸摸干啥呢 |
[10:10] | I’m alone with my thoughts, and that’s never a good thing. | 千万别让我一个人呆着 会出事的 |
[10:13] | And now presenting Avery and Lindsay in… | 下面有请艾芙莉和琳赛 |
[10:18] | A New Dress For Max. | 为大家带来《麦克斯的新装》 |
[10:20] | If you stop this right now, you can make an outfit for me. | 只要你们别再演了 我就穿你做的衣服 |
[10:23] | Yes! That is the power of theater, Lindsay. | 瞧见没有 琳赛 这就是戏剧的力量啊 |
[10:29] | Okay, since I’ve been unwittingly trying new things for you, | 既然我不知不觉为你尝试了那么多新东西 |
[10:33] | today you are gonna try something new for me. | 今天该你来为我付出了 |
[10:36] | Absolutely, honey. | 没问题 亲爱的 |
[10:37] | Whatever it is, I know I’ll love it. | 你让我干啥都行 |
[10:39] | This is your day. | 今天专属于你 |
[10:41] | Well, really your hour. We have Pilates at 4:00. | 其实只有这一小时属于你 咱四点要做普拉提 |
[10:43] | So, tick-tock. | 赶紧开始吧 |
[10:45] | We are going to eat… hot wings. | 咱们要吃 香辣鸡翅 |
[10:48] | Bennett, you know I’m hyper-sensitive to spicy foods. | 班尼特 你知道我对辛辣食物过敏的 |
[10:51] | That’s because you haven’t built up a tolerance. | 那是因为你不够坚强 |
[10:54] | Now I have three plates here: | 一共三种口味 |
[10:56] | extra hot, medium, and little wingman, | 巨辣 中等辣 还有微微辣 |
[10:58] | something so mild it’s typically eaten by four-year-olds. | 味道淡得只能给四岁小孩吃 |
[11:02] | Well, I can probably handle that. | 那估计我能接受 |
[11:08] | Waa- | 娘哎 |
[11:16] | Sweet Vulcan’s hammer! Are these four-year-old dragons?! | 万能的春哥啊 这是给四岁小龙吃的吧 |
[11:21] | Oh. Okay, honey, don’t get mad, but I think I switched the plates | 亲爱的 别生气 我可能“不小心”把盘子换位了 |
[11:25] | and you just ate the extra hot. | 你吃的是巨辣 |
[11:27] | What have you done to me?! | 你这是造孽啊 |
[11:29] | No, no, no, honey, water just makes it worse! | 别喝水 亲爱的 这样更难受 |
[11:33] | Why did you even put water out here?! | 那你还把水放这儿干吗 |
[11:35] | Well, you still need eight glasses a day. | 一天必须喝够八杯水呀 |
[11:38] | It’s the dairy in the ranch dressing that neutralizes the spice in the wings. | 只有沙拉酱里的奶能抵消鸡翅的辣味 |
[11:45] | It’s not working. It’s worse! | 没用啊 更辣了 |
[11:47] | Oh, you know what? | 哎呀 不好 |
[11:50] | This is my homemade super spicy horseradish sauce. | 这是我自制的超辣根酱 |
[11:53] | Why is that even out here?! | 放到这儿来干啥 |
[11:56] | I like to dip my celery in it. | 我喜欢用芹菜沾着吃 |
[11:58] | The ranch dressing is so bland. | 沙拉酱一点味也没有 |
[12:01] | This is the ranch dressing, right? | 这碗是沙拉酱吧 |
[12:02] | I think so, honey, but let me just be sure. | 应该是 亲爱的 我先尝尝 |
[12:05] | Yep, that is definitely ranch dressing. | 嗯 绝对是沙拉酱 |
[12:08] | But I think it’s expired. | 不过好像过期了 |
[12:18] | Max, are you ready? Can I come in? | 麦克斯 穿好了吗 我进来啦 |
[12:23] | Oh, my gosh, Max. | 老天爷 麦克斯 |
[12:26] | Is it that bad? | 有那么丑吗 |
[12:28] | You look incredible! | 你太漂亮了 |
[12:32] | Really incredible. | 真的好漂亮 |
[12:34] | I never expected to say this, but I really like it. | 真是不敢相信 我居然很喜欢这条裙子 |
[12:39] | Thank you so much, Avery. | 太谢谢你了 艾芙莉 |
[12:41] | I knew if you just tried it, you’d like it. | 我就知道你一穿上就会爱不释手 |
[12:45] | And I should be thanking you, Max. | 其实应该是我谢谢你 麦克斯 |
[12:46] | You combined two of my favorite things: | 你帮我圆了两个梦 |
[12:48] | helping my friends and being right. | 不仅帮到了朋友 还没好心办坏事 |
[12:51] | Well, I’d better get going. | 我得走了 |
[12:53] | My Sarcasm Club is meeting now. | 我的冷嘲热讽俱乐部要开会 |
[12:55] | They said they’d be really upset if I couldn’t make it. | 他们说“如果你不来 我们会非常伤心的” |
[12:59] | I never know how to take that. | 真不知道他们说的是不是真心话 |
[13:01] | Well, I’m just so glad this worked out. Have fun. | 你穿上裙子高兴就行 玩得开心 |
[13:07] | Super Fashion Girl strikes again. | 时尚女超人又完美完成了任务 |
[13:11] | Yeah, I see why people are getting tired of that. | 这语气听多了是挺烦人的 |
[13:14] | Hey, Max, you forgot your phone! | 麦克斯 你忘拿手机了 |
[13:19] | Hey, who was the girl who just left? | 刚走的女孩是谁 |
[13:21] | Max. | 麦克斯 |
[13:22] | Look, if you don’t want to tell me, just say so. | 不想告诉我就直说 |
[13:25] | I’m trying to catch her, she forgot her phone. | 我要去追她 她把手机落下了 |
[13:30] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[13:31] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[13:33] | Oh, hey, Max. | 是你啊 麦克斯 |
[13:40] | Why are you covering up the outfit I made you? | 你为啥要把我做的衣服遮上 |
[13:43] | I thought you liked it. | 你不是挺喜欢的吗 |
[13:45] | I’m sorry, Avery. | 对不起 艾芙莉 |
[13:46] | I didn’t want to hurt your feelings, but the clothes you made just aren’t me. | 我不想伤你感情 可是这种衣服真的不适合我 |
[13:50] | We’re in high school now. | 咱们已经上高中了 |
[13:52] | Don’t you think it’s time for a change? | 你就不想改变一下风格吗 |
[13:53] | I like the way I look. | 我就喜欢现在的自己 |
[13:55] | Then why did you agree to have me make you this outfit | 那你为什么还同意呢 我为做这件衣服 |
[13:57] | that I worked on all night? | 熬了一整夜啊 |
[13:59] | Because when I said no, you wouldn’t listen. | 我拒绝过了 你不听 |
[14:01] | You wrote a stupid play. | 还编了出破戏说服我 |
[14:03] | I know how you are, I could see you weren’t going to leave me alone about it. | 我了解你 你为了达到目的会不择手段 |
[14:06] | I was trying to help you! | 我只想帮你 |
[14:08] | I thought you wanted to change my clothes, | 我还以为你只想改变我的穿衣风格 |
[14:09] | but you want to change me! | 没想到你是打算彻底改变我 |
[14:11] | Yes, for the better! | 把你变得更优秀 |
[14:14] | Maybe I need better friends. | 可能我需要比你更优秀的朋友 |
[14:22] | You ready for your makeover, Stan? | 斯坦 准备焕然一新了吗 |
[14:25] | Stan-ando. | 我叫斯坦南多 |
[14:28] | You’ve got the accent, | 口音很标准 |
[14:30] | but if you want to win Princess back from that show dog, | 知己知彼才能百战百胜 |
[14:32] | you’re gonna have to become a show dog. | 要想打败那只展示犬 抱得美人归 |
[14:35] | There’s only one person who can help you do that. | 只有一个人能帮你 |
[14:38] | Mrs. Grimmons at your service. | 格雷蒙斯夫人为您服务 |
[14:42] | That’s right, Chloe’s imaginary character | 没错 克洛伊的双重身份 |
[14:45] | is going to transform your imaginary character. | 会让你的双重身份华丽丽变身 |
[14:47] | There’s no way this plan can fail. | 这么棒的计划 不成功才怪 |
[14:52] | Note the insouciant swagger, | 一位无脑的自大狂 |
[14:54] | the confidence that comes from a place of ignorance. | 把目中无人当自信摇来摆去 |
[14:58] | Chloe, how do you know those big words? | 克洛伊 你哪儿学来这么多形容词 |
[15:01] | Avery writes a lot of Mrs. Grimmons’ material. | 艾芙莉给格雷蒙夫人写了一堆台词 |
[15:06] | Makin’ me smell pretty. | 让我如沐春风吧 |
[15:08] | And don’t forget the moneymaker. | 别漏了关键部位 |
[15:14] | Ooh, that feels pretty good back there. | 哎哟 背后真舒服 |
[15:17] | It does, doesn’t it? | 我就说吧 |
[15:19] | I always say it but no one listens to me. | 从来没人听我的 |
[15:22] | I heard you, and I’m all about it. | 谁说的 我就挺赞同 |
[15:25] | Chloe, please! Some decorum. | 克洛伊 拜托 注意礼仪 |
[15:30] | Okay, Stan. I took my hair dryer and modified it. | 斯坦 我把吹风机改造了一下 |
[15:34] | By removing three hair dryers. | 现在变成“三管齐下”了 |
[15:38] | Just don’t put it on the highest setting, or… | 千万别调到最大风 不然 |
[15:45] | Well, this is a sticky wicket. | 这下可麻烦了 |
[15:52] | All right, Stan. | 好了 斯坦 |
[15:54] | Get ready to look beautiful. | 准备华丽大变身吧 |
[16:02] | He’s ready. | 没问题了 |
[16:06] | I’m beautiful. | 我是帅哥了 |
[16:09] | Well, my work here is done. | 我完成任务了 |
[16:13] | Cheerio. | 回见 |
[16:16] | Goodbye, Mrs. Grimmons! | 拜拜 格雷蒙夫人 |
[16:19] | Bye, Mrs. Grimmons, come back again soon. | 回头再聚 格雷蒙夫人 |
[16:21] | Why am I doing this? | 我有病吧 |
[16:27] | Bennett, this is so scary! | 班尼特 跳伞太可怕了 |
[16:30] | I don’t want to do any more things you want to do. | 我不想继续陪你玩下去了 |
[16:32] | I didn’t want to do this either! | 不是我要跳伞的好不好 |
[16:34] | We were taking a flying lesson but you were screaming so much | 咱本来在学开飞机 结果你叫唤得飞行员受不了 |
[16:37] | the pilot kicked us out of the plane! | 直接把咱俩踹下来了 |
[16:41] | Yeah, we really should report him, ’cause that just seems wrong. | 咱一定得去告他 有这么折磨人的吗 |
[16:45] | Well, at least he gave us the parachutes. | 幸好他没忘给咱们降落伞 |
[16:46] | No, he gave me a parachute. | 他只给我降落伞了 |
[16:49] | I had to do a lot of talking to get you yours. | 我费老大功夫才说服他也给你一个 |
[16:55] | Okay, Stan-ando, there’s Princess. | 斯坦南多 公主就在那儿 |
[16:57] | She’s with Fernando, but you can lure her away. | 虽然是和费尔南多一起 不过你肯定能把她赢回来 |
[16:59] | If I’ve learned anything from the movies I’ve watched, | 我看了那么多电影 发现抱得美人归的人都有个特点 |
[17:02] | it’s that being attractive is all that matters. | 就是脸长得好看 |
[17:05] | Or being a vampire. | 你要是吸血鬼也行 |
[17:08] | Stan-ando has this under his control. | 斯坦南多稳操胜券 |
[17:10] | He will strut with the confidence of… | 他会临危不乱 比 |
[17:13] | Gopher! | 地鼠还自信 |
[17:15] | – Stan! – Wait! | -斯坦 -等等 |
[17:21] | Stan, you’re a mess. | 斯坦 你咋成落汤鸡了 |
[17:24] | And your hair is all ruined. | 发型也毁了 |
[17:25] | What was I thinking? | 我做啥白日梦呢 |
[17:26] | There’s no way Princess is gonna want me now. | 现在公主肯定再也不看我一眼了 |
[17:29] | Stan, look, she’s coming over. | 看 斯坦 她过来了 |
[17:30] | Look at that, Stan. She likes you for you. | 斯坦 看见没 她喜欢真正的你 |
[17:34] | You didn’t need to become Stan-ando. | 你不用费心化装 |
[17:36] | When she was separated from you for so long, | 她和你分开那么久 |
[17:38] | she probably just forgot about you. Dogs do that. | 可能一时把你忘了 狗都健忘 |
[17:40] | Dogs don’t forget about things. Uh-oh. | 狗才不健忘 哎呀 不好 |
[17:43] | – What? – I forgot about something. | -咋了 -我忘了件事 |
[17:49] | Whew. | 吓死我了 |
[17:50] | Almost burned my banana bread. | 差点把香蕉面包烤糊 |
[17:56] | Something smells really good. | 好香啊 |
[18:00] | And that’s how I learned that cornichon is a kind of pickle. | 就是这样 我才知道原来酸黄瓜也算一种泡菜 |
[18:04] | Thank goodness you’re back. | 你终于回来了 |
[18:05] | The conversation was really starting to lag. | 我快找不到话题了 |
[18:08] | Thanks for everything, guys. | 多谢了 伙计们 |
[18:10] | Now if you’ll excuse me. | 我准备撤了 |
[18:13] | So tell me, my darling, do you prefer the front or back end of the gopher? | 告诉我 亲爱的 你喜欢咬地鼠的头还是屁股 |
[18:17] | It’s not a deal breaker either way. | 这也不是什么原则问题 |
[18:22] | Adios, Stan-ando. | 回见 斯坦南多 |
[18:24] | He was the second best student I’ve ever had. | 他是我第二聪明的学员 |
[18:28] | Thank you, Mrs. Grimmons. | 承蒙夸奖 格雷蒙斯夫人 |
[18:33] | I can’t believe how ungrateful Max was. | 麦克斯居然那么无礼 |
[18:36] | That’s what I get for trying to help. | 亏得我想方设法帮她 |
[18:37] | Well, some people are just not appreciative. | 有些人就是忘恩负义 |
[18:40] | Like when I made banana bread and Bennett and Ellen didn’t save me a piece. | 比如艾伦和班尼特 把香蕉面包全吃了 一点都不给我留 |
[18:45] | And she accused me of being a bad friend. | 她还说我当朋友不够合格 |
[18:48] | I’m the one who’s protecting her. | 是谁老帮着她说好话 |
[18:50] | Oh, did you tell her about the other girls calling her weird? | 你告诉过她别人嫌她怪吗 |
[18:53] | No. That’s how good a friend I am. | 没有 好朋友不会这么残忍 |
[18:55] | I protected her from that. | 我做得多好 |
[18:57] | And what’s so bad about changing how you dress? | 换种穿衣风格又咋了 |
[18:59] | I used to wear ties, now I don’t. | 我之前还系领带呢 现在也不系了 |
[19:02] | Oh, I thought you stopped wearing them ’cause everywhere you went, | 因为你去哪儿都有人以为 |
[19:04] | people kept asking you if you worked there. | 你在那儿上班是吧 |
[19:08] | That was only part of it. | 那只是一部分原因 |
[19:11] | There’s nothing wrong with evolving your look. | 学会打扮得越来越时尚一点错没有 |
[19:14] | Well, there’s also nothing wrong with being who you are. | 做自己也没有错啊 |
[19:18] | You may have gotten rid of your ties, but you never stopped studying, | 就像你虽然不系领带了 还是在用功学习 |
[19:21] | even when people gave you a hard time for being a good student. | 一点不关心别人说你是书呆子 |
[19:25] | Wow. I never thought about it that way. | 我从没这么想过哎 |
[19:29] | Look, I tried to change who I was for Princess. | 我最近也为公主改变形象了 |
[19:33] | And you realized if she doesn’t like who you are, | 然后你发现 如果她不喜欢真正的你 |
[19:36] | then she’s not the one for you. | 可能就不是你的真命天女 |
[19:38] | Oh, no, I’d change for her in a second. | 不对 我会立马为她改变 |
[19:42] | But it turns out she likes the way I am. | 结果她反而喜欢真正的我 |
[19:43] | So my thing worked out. | 我这事已经解决了 |
[19:45] | Good luck with yours. | 祝你也能一切顺利 |
[19:51] | So I guess you heard about what happened yesterday. | 你应该听说昨天的事了吧 |
[19:54] | You mean about Avery’s parents being rushed to the hospital | 听说了 艾芙莉爸妈吃了变质的香蕉面包 |
[19:56] | after eating bad banana bread? | 急送医院 |
[19:59] | No, about what happened between me and Avery. | 是我和艾芙莉吵架了 |
[20:01] | She was way out of line. | 她实在过分了 |
[20:03] | Well, you can’t blame her for wanting to protect you | 她都是为了保护你不受 |
[20:05] | from what all those girls were saying. | 流言蜚语伤害嘛 |
[20:07] | What were they saying? | 流言蜚语 |
[20:09] | Oh, she didn’t tell you? | 她没告诉你 |
[20:10] | Then, neither did I. | 那我啥都没说 |
[20:13] | Everybody, listen up! | 大家看过来 |
[20:16] | I’m Avery and I’m proud to say that Max is my friend. | 我是艾芙莉 今天我骄傲地宣布 麦克斯是我朋友 |
[20:21] | Does she dress in black? | 她爱穿黑衣吗 |
[20:22] | Yes, she does. | 是的 |
[20:24] | Does she collect broken piñata heads from other people’s parties? | 她爱从别人派对上收集打碎的糖果罐吗 |
[20:28] | Yes, she does. | 没错 |
[20:30] | And if anyone thinks we’re weird, we don’t care. | 你们想咋嘲笑我们怪都行 我们不在乎 |
[20:35] | And if you go around calling other people weird, | 记住 如果你们无缘无故说别人怪 |
[20:38] | you’re the ones who look bad. | 你们才会让人觉得不舒服 |
[20:40] | But you won’t look bad in these outfits you ordered from me. | 不过你们穿上从我这儿订做的衣服就舒服多了 |
[20:42] | Hope you enjoy them. | 希望你们喜欢 |
[20:45] | The point is, it’s okay to be different. | 总之 与众不同没有什么不好 |
[20:50] | Max, I’m so sorry that I tried to change you. | 麦克斯 对不起 我不该强迫你改变 |
[20:53] | I know now you were just trying to help. | 我知道你只是好心想帮忙 |
[20:57] | So what do you think? | 你觉得好看不 |
[21:00] | You don’t look like you. | 完全不符合你的风格 |
[21:02] | I know. I look ridiculous. | 我知道 样子太怪了 |
[21:04] | I meant you look like me. | 我本来想说你现在跟我一样了 |
[21:05] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[21:07] | Not ridiculous, I just don’t look like me. | 一点不怪 就是不像我了 |
[21:11] | And I can’t get my purse to sound right. | 而且我的包不会尖叫 |
[21:14] | Hello, I missed you. | 亲 我想你了 |
[21:17] | Put your hand in me. | 把手伸进来 |
[21:21] | You are so weird. | 你真怪 |
[21:32] | Bennett and Ellen learned | 班尼特和艾伦懂得了 |
[21:33] | you shouldn’t try to change someone without them knowing it. | 不要偷偷摸摸地改变别人 |
[21:36] | Avery learned you shouldn’t try to change someone | 艾芙莉懂得 不该明目张胆地 |
[21:38] | with them knowing it. | 改变别人 |
[21:40] | And I learned you shouldn’t try to change for someone | 我懂得 不要改变一只 |
[21:42] | who doesn’t know who you are. | 压根不知道你是谁的狗 |
[21:45] | Now things are great with Princess and me. | 我和公主的恋情现在一帆风顺 |
[21:47] | In fact, we had a gopher for dinner. | 我俩甚至和一只地鼠一起吃饭来着 |
[21:53] | Howard’s a great guy. | 霍华德可棒了 |
[21:55] | The three of us are renting a cabin next week at Lake Arrowhead. | 我们仨下周要在箭头湖租个小木屋 |
[21:58] | Howard’s got a jet ski. | 霍华德有辆水上摩托 |