时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | You know, I’ve never been to one of these BMX bike competitions before, | 要知道 我以前从来没去过这种自行车越野比赛 |
[00:09] | but I figured your stunts would be | 但我觉得你的特技应该 |
[00:11] | a little more complicated than what you’re doing and that there’d be a bike. | 要比你现在这样走来走去要复杂一点 起码得有辆自行车吧 |
[00:15] | No, Stan. This is just me pacing beforehand. | 不 斯坦 我只是在比赛前紧张地走来走去而已 |
[00:19] | I’m really nervous, man. | 我真是紧张死了 |
[00:20] | I mean, this competition is a big deal. | 这比赛真的很重要呢 |
[00:22] | It’s not some amateur hour. | 这可不是什么业余时间 |
[00:24] | It’s a full two hours. | 这是整整两个小时的时间呢 |
[00:26] | You’ve been training all year, Tyler. | 你一整年都在练习呢 泰勒 |
[00:28] | I believe in you. | 我相信你 |
[00:30] | – You’re going to nail it. – You really think so? | -你会很出色的 -你真的这么觉得吗 |
[00:32] | I have no idea. I know nothing about this. | 我什么都不知道 我对自行车越野赛一点也不懂 |
[00:34] | A minute ago, I thought the pacing was your competition. | 一分钟以前 我以为你走来走去就是在比赛 |
[00:53] | Thank you. And this is only my fourth best thing next to my hair, math, | 谢谢 这是我除了我的头发 数学 和识别云彩种类意外 |
[00:58] | and identifying types of clouds. | 做得第四棒的事情了 |
[01:01] | Snowman. | 雪人云 |
[01:06] | Hey, Tyler. Great riding, man! | 嘿 泰勒 骑得真好啊 兄弟 |
[01:08] | You’re really cleanin’ up at these amateur competitions. | 在这种业余比赛里你可真是鹤立鸡群啊 |
[01:11] | Hey, Red. Thanks so much, man. | 嘿 莱德 真是谢谢夸奖 |
[01:13] | It means a lot coming from a pro. | 一个职业选手的称赞对我来说真是意义重大 |
[01:15] | How’d you like to be a pro? | 那你想不想做一个职业选手呢 |
[01:16] | Would we switch bodies or something, like in the movies? | 我们要像电影里那样交换身体吗 |
[01:18] | ‘Cause I’ve just learned how to be comfortable in my own skin. | 因为我刚学会适应呆在我自己的皮囊里 |
[01:22] | No, you’d join our pro BMX team. | 不不 我是在邀请你加入我们的职业小轮车队 |
[01:25] | We’d keep our bodies, dude. | 我们还是会在自己的身体里的 哥们儿 |
[01:29] | The only catch is we start in spring so you’d have to drop out of school. | 唯一的麻烦就是我们春天就要开始了 所以你得退学 |
[01:32] | Oh, man, I don’t think my parents are gonna go for that, | 我不觉得我家长会同意我这样做 |
[01:35] | unless I think of a really clever way to trick them into it. | 除非我想一个好方法骗他们同意我这么做 |
[01:38] | Yeah, I’m not sure you’re that clever, son. | 我可不觉得你会那么聪明呢 儿子 |
[01:41] | Oh, I’m clever. I’m just not good at hearing people sneak up behind me. | 我很聪明啊 我只是不习惯别人突然在我背后冒出来而已 |
[01:44] | Too bad. It’s a skill I myself find very useful. | 那真是太可惜了 我个人觉得这个技能挺有用呢 |
[01:47] | Tyler. | 泰勒 |
[01:49] | Tyler, why would you think that we’d ever let you quit school? | 泰勒 你为什么会觉得我们有可能会同意你退学呢 |
[01:52] | Since when are you one of my parents? | 你什么时候成了我家长了 |
[01:54] | We speak with one voice. | 我们有着一致的声音 |
[01:56] | We do? | 是吗 |
[01:57] | See? | 看到没 |
[02:16] | Come on, guys. You’re not even making sense. | 拜托了 你们怎么不讲道理呢 |
[02:18] | People go to school so they can get their dream job. | 人们上学是为了找到一个他们想要的工作 |
[02:21] | You’re making me go to school so I can lose my dream job. | 你们让我上学是让我放弃我想要的工作 |
[02:24] | I thought your dream job was to own your own food truck. | 我以为你想要的工作是开自己的餐车 |
[02:26] | I can still do that someday. | 我以后还能开餐车啊 |
[02:28] | BMX riders normally retire at 24 | 小轮车选手一般二十四岁就退役了 |
[02:30] | because they get so banged up, they… | 因为他们会撞到障碍物 他们会 |
[02:32] | I’m not helping my argument, am I? | 说这个对我没好处 对吧 |
[02:34] | No, Tyler, there’s no way you’re dropping out of school. | 不行 泰勒 你做梦也别想退学 |
[02:38] | After you graduate, then you can ride professionally. | 你毕业以后可以去当职业车手 |
[02:41] | But these spots don’t open up that often. | 但是这种机会可不是说有就能有的 |
[02:44] | It could be five years before someone else drops out, | 说不定要再过五年才能等到其他人退出 |
[02:46] | or gets so mangled, they… | 或者发生更大的事故 导致 |
[02:48] | I’m really not helping my argument, am I? | 说这个对我更没好处了 对吧 |
[02:50] | Tyler, you’re finishing school. | 泰勒 你必须先读完书 |
[02:52] | Case closed. | 结案 |
[02:54] | I wanted to say “case closed.” | 我想说“结案” |
[02:55] | I’m the one who watches the judge shows. | 我才是看律政剧的人好吗 |
[02:57] | Go ahead. | 请讲 |
[02:59] | Nope, too late. You ruined it. | 不行 太晚了 你已经毁了这个机会 |
[03:01] | You know how to make it up to me. | 你知道该怎么补偿我 |
[03:03] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[03:14] | You’re lucky, Stan. You get to do what you want. | 斯坦 你真是好运呢 能做你想做的事 |
[03:16] | Yep, I nap, I lie in the sun, and I order meatball subs from Antonio’s. | 是的 我打盹 我晒太阳 我还点安东尼奥店的肉丸吃 |
[03:22] | I’d also tell you about the poodle twins I’m dating, | 我还想跟你说说我的那对狮子狗双胞胎女友呢 |
[03:24] | but that would be bragging. | 不过那样听起来就有点显摆了 |
[03:26] | Wow. There is no part of your life that doesn’t work. | 哇 你的人生真是处处皆得意呢 |
[03:30] | Well, maybe that’s ’cause I finished school. | 这有可能是因为我上完了学 |
[03:32] | Sure, it was obedience school, but I can sit, stay, | 当然 我指的是狗的训练 但是我能坐 能停 |
[03:35] | and balance a snack on my nose. | 能用我的鼻子顶零食 |
[03:37] | I can only do two of those things. | 我只能做这三件事中的两样 |
[03:43] | Why am I too restless to stay? | 为什么我根本消停不下来呢 |
[03:49] | I do have it pretty great. | 我的人生的确非常棒 |
[03:51] | I can’t think of how my life could get any better. | 真不知道我的人生还能怎么变得更好 |
[03:55] | Hey, Antonio. | 嘿 安东尼奥 |
[03:56] | Just leave the meatball sub at the door like usual | 像以前一样把肉丸放在门口就好 |
[03:59] | and charge it to my account. | 把钱记在我信用卡账号上就好 |
[04:01] | That’s Bennett James. | 名字是班尼特·詹姆斯 |
[04:04] | Sometimes I like to buy small things with Bennett’s credit card. | 有时候我喜欢用班尼特的信用卡买些小东西 |
[04:07] | Hey, Antonio, is there a hang glider-shaped package out there? | 嘿 安东尼奥 这个用的是悬挂式滑翔机式的包装吗 |
[04:15] | Hey, Chloe. What’s up? | 你好啊 克洛伊 什么事 |
[04:16] | I want to get a new haircut. | 我想要剪个新发型 |
[04:18] | I made a picture on the Internet of how I want to look. | 我用网站做了一个我的新形象的图片 |
[04:23] | Say the right thing, Ellen. | 好好说话 艾伦 |
[04:25] | Don’t screw this up. | 别说错话 |
[04:26] | You want to look like a carnie? | 你想让自己看上去像个游乐场管理员吗 |
[04:28] | Dang it! | 糟糕 |
[04:30] | I think what your mother was trying, but failing, | 我觉得你妈妈想说但是没说出来的 |
[04:32] | to say is that we support whatever you choose. | 是不管怎样我们都支持你的选择 |
[04:36] | No, I made that one for fun. | 不 那张是我做出来玩的 |
[04:37] | Oh, thank goodness, because you look like a carnie. | 哦 感谢上帝 你看上去简直像个游乐场管理员 |
[04:41] | This is the one I want. | 这才是我想要的发型 |
[04:45] | All the other girls are getting short haircuts and it looked so cute. | 其他女生都剪了短发 超级好看的 |
[04:50] | So can I? Please? | 我能剪短发吗 求你们了 |
[04:52] | – Nope. – Yes. | – 不行 – 可以 |
[04:53] | Thanks, Mommy! | 谢啦 妈咪 |
[04:55] | No, no, wait. I think your mother and I need to discuss this. | 不不不 等等 我觉得你妈和我需要先讨论一下再说 |
[04:59] | Okay, you two talk about it. | 好的 你们先讨论一下好了 |
[05:00] | Mommy, convince him. | 妈妈 一定要说服他 |
[05:02] | Do that thing he calls “emotional blackmail.” | 用被他称为“情感勒索”的那招 |
[05:04] | I don’t know what it is, but it always works. | 我不知道那是什么 但是每次都成功 |
[05:08] | Honey, I love her long, beautiful hair. | 亲爱的 我喜欢她那头长长的秀发了 |
[05:10] | I don’t want it to get cut. | 我不希望她把头发剪短 |
[05:12] | Bennett, it’s a lot of work for me to take care of. | 班尼特 那么长的头发打理起来太麻烦了 |
[05:14] | Short hair would be so much easier. | 短发的话会简单很多 |
[05:15] | You know what, it’s my job so that’s it. | 她的头发都是我管的 我说了算 |
[05:17] | Well, you seem very determined about this so I’m going to suggest | 好吧 你看起来态度很坚决啊 所以我建议 |
[05:20] | that we finish this argument later when you’re tired. | 我们等到你累的时候再讨论这件事 |
[05:24] | Good day. | 祝你愉快 |
[05:26] | He just left. | 他就那么走了 |
[05:28] | That’s genius. | 真是太机智了 |
[05:35] | Tyler, you know, your shoes are on the wrong feet. | 泰勒 你发现你鞋子穿反了吗 |
[05:37] | Why should my feet get to be happy when the rest of me is so sad? | 我浑身都很难过 我的脚凭什么开心 |
[05:42] | Oh, does that mean you’re gonna cancel your 5:00 P.M. foot licking? | 也就是说你要取消下午五点的舔足服务了吗 |
[05:47] | ‘Cause I’m still gonna have to charge you. | 我可还是要收你钱的哟 |
[05:49] | I’ve never had such a great opportunity to do something I love. | 我以前从来没遇到过这么好的机会能让我做我喜欢的事 |
[05:54] | – BMX is my dream. – What about the food truck? | – 小轮车可是我的梦想啊 – 那开餐车呢 |
[05:56] | Why does everyone keep mentioning the stupid food truck? | 怎么大家都总是要提起那个蠢餐车啊 |
[05:59] | The food truck will always be there. | 餐车什么时候都可以开啊 |
[06:02] | I just wish I didn’t have to finish high school. | 要是我不用上完高中就好了 |
[06:04] | Too bad you’re not a better student, | 可惜你不是个好学生 |
[06:06] | or you could just test into the accelerated program | 不然你就直接考进加速项目 |
[06:08] | and graduate early enough to join the BMX tour. | 在小轮车巡回赛前毕业就可以了 |
[06:10] | Yeah. Wait, those words are making their way deeper into my brain. | 是啊 等等 你刚说的那些话钻到我脑子里去了 |
[06:15] | I can test into an accelerated program that lets me graduate early. | 我可以考进加速项目然后提前毕业啊 |
[06:19] | Well, you can, in the sense that nobody is stopping you, | 你的确可以 因为谁也没法阻止你 |
[06:22] | but you can’t in the sense that… | 但是你不能 因为 |
[06:25] | …you? | 你吗 |
[06:30] | Laugh all you want. | 想笑就笑吧 |
[06:31] | – We did. – We’re pretty much done now. | -我们已经笑过了 -我们现在已经差不多笑完了 |
[06:35] | I know I’ve never been a good student | 我知道我从来都算不上个好学生 |
[06:37] | but that’s ’cause I never had a reason to care. | 但那是因为我没理由在乎成绩啊 |
[06:40] | You guys are gonna see what I’m capable of. | 你们就等着看我大显神威吧 |
[06:41] | I’m gonna graduate early and follow my dream. | 我要提前毕业然后去追随我的梦想 |
[06:44] | You won’t regret it, Tyler. | 你不会后悔的 泰勒 |
[06:45] | I graduated from obedience school and now I have a giant house in Pasadena | 我从驯狗学校毕业 现在我在帕萨迪纳有一栋大房子 |
[06:50] | with five servants. | 还有五个佣人 |
[06:58] | There’s my apple-cheeked angel. | 这不是我那长着一张苹果脸蛋的天使吗 |
[06:59] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[07:02] | Let me cut my hair, and you can pinch my apple cheeks. | 让我剪头发 我就让你捏我苹果般的脸蛋 |
[07:05] | You know you want to. | 你一定很想捏吧 |
[07:08] | Chloe, I’m gonna talk to your mother about this later | 克洛伊 我等会儿会和你妈讨论这件事 |
[07:11] | and we will get back to you. | 然后我们会给你反馈的 |
[07:12] | I’ll sweeten the pot. | 我要加大筹码了哟 |
[07:16] | Honey, I just don’t think you should cut your hair short | 宝贝 我只是觉得你不应该看其他女生剪了头发 |
[07:19] | because all the other girls are doing it. | 就也要这么做 |
[07:22] | If all the other girls jumped off a cliff, would you do that? | 如果其他女生都跳崖 你会和她们一起跳吗 |
[07:24] | Maybe, if it was over a chocolate river | 也许吧 如果悬崖下面是条巧克力河 |
[07:26] | and all the rocks were fluffy cupcakes. | 而且那些岩石都是软绵绵的纸杯蛋糕 |
[07:28] | I wasn’t expecting that answer. | 我没想到你会这么回答 |
[07:30] | Well, you should have been. | 好吧 你应该想到的 |
[07:33] | What if the rocks were not fluffy cupcakes but were just regular rocks? | 如果那些岩石不是软绵绵的纸杯蛋糕而是普通的石头呢 |
[07:38] | Then I’d be like, “Hey, you guys, there’s rocks down there. | 那我就会朝她们喊 “嘿 下面有石头耶 |
[07:41] | Let’s go to my house and play.” | 我们还是去我家玩吧” |
[07:43] | And they’d be like, “Yay, Chloe!” | 然后他们就会说 “好耶 克洛伊” |
[07:47] | Okay. How about this? | 好吧 要不这么说吧 |
[07:48] | Who is your favorite princess? | 你最喜欢的公主是谁 |
[07:50] | Rapunzel and she has long hair. | 长发公主乐佩 她有一头长发 |
[07:54] | You sly taco. | 你这狡猾的狐狸 |
[07:56] | I took advantage of that website | 我用了你找到的那个网站 |
[07:58] | you found to see what you would look like with Rapunzel hair, | 然后看了一下你如果有像乐佩那样的头发会怎么样 |
[08:01] | and I was gonna show this to your mother but since you’re here… | 我本来要给你妈看的 不过既然你都来了 |
[08:06] | Oh, no. Not that one. | 不不 不是这张 |
[08:08] | That’s a project Daddy’s working on. | 那是你爸在做的一个设计 |
[08:13] | I look like a real princess. | 我看上去像个真正的公主哪 |
[08:16] | Okay, I’m not cutting my hair. | 好的 我不剪头发了 |
[08:18] | Come here, let me give those apple cheeks a pinch. | 来吧 让我捏捏你苹果般的脸蛋 |
[08:21] | Sorry, that was part of the short-hair package. | 不行 那是短发礼包附赠的 |
[08:33] | I can’t study with you breathing down my neck. | 你在我脖子旁边呼吸 我怎么好好学习啊 |
[08:35] | I’m sorry, I just can’t take my eyes off this. | 不好意思 我根本移不开眼 |
[08:38] | Seeing you try to do schoolwork, it’s like watching a silverback gorilla | 看到你努力做作业 简直就像看到一个银背大猩猩 |
[08:42] | trying to figure out luggage. | 努力打包行李一样 |
[08:45] | Well, that’s not fair, Avery. | 这么说就不对了 艾芙莉 |
[08:47] | Animals can do anything people can do. | 人能做的事情动物都能做 |
[08:49] | Provided they rubbed a lamp like I did | 只要它们像我一样 擦擦那盏神灯 |
[08:51] | when that genie granted me the ability to talk. | 精灵就赋予了我说话的能力 |
[08:53] | What? | 什么 |
[08:54] | Nah, I’m kidding. | 哎呀 我在开玩笑啦 |
[08:55] | I’m a regular talking dog. | 我只是只正常的会说话的狗而已 |
[08:59] | And if I had a genie, I’d wish for something good, | 而且如果我有只精灵 我就要好好许个愿 |
[09:01] | like a hang glider. | 比如说要个悬挂式滑翔机什么的 |
[09:03] | So when it comes, that’s how I got it. | 所以如果你发现我有了个悬挂式滑翔机 就是这么来的 |
[09:05] | Not your dad’s credit card. | 不是用你爸的信用卡买的 |
[09:20] | – I got it right? – No, you just got it wrong in an unfunny way. | -我做对了吗 -没有 你只是错得不搞笑而已 |
[09:24] | Mom and Dad already said that if I get into the accelerated program | 爸妈已经说了如果我考进加速项目 |
[09:27] | and graduate early, I can go on the BMX tour. | 然后提前毕业的话 我就能去参加小轮车巡回赛了 |
[09:30] | But if I don’t pass the test, I have no shot at my dream. | 但是要是我考不过的话 我就没机会实现我的梦想了 |
[09:34] | So instead of making fun of me, Avery, maybe you could help me. | 所以与其在这儿嘲笑我 艾芙莉 你说不定能帮帮我 |
[09:37] | I’m sorry, Tyler. | 对不起 泰勒 |
[09:39] | I feel really bad. What do you want me to do? | 我真的很抱歉 你想让我怎么帮你 |
[09:42] | Well, you know how these books are filled with all kinds of information? | 好吧 你知道这些书里都有各种各样的知识对吧 |
[09:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:52] | Can you take it from there and put it in here? | 你能把它们从那里拿出来 然后放到这里面吗 |
[09:57] | You mean, tutor you so that you pass the tests? | 你的意思是让我教你 让你通过考试对吧 |
[10:00] | I’d really like to help you, Tyler, but I’ve got a lot of work myself. | 我是很想帮你的 泰勒 但是我自己也有很多事要做 |
[10:04] | You’re right. You’re right. | 你说得对 你说得对 |
[10:05] | You could probably never get me to be a good student anyway. | 反正你也没法把我变成一个好学生 |
[10:07] | I’m too big a challenge for you. | 对你来说难度太大了 |
[10:09] | I see what you’re doing. | 我知道你想干什么 |
[10:11] | You’re trying to tempt me into helping you | 你想通过把这件事说成一个挑战 |
[10:13] | by making it sound like a challenge. | 刺激我来帮你 |
[10:15] | And it’s starting to work. | 而且已经开始奏效了 |
[10:18] | Making you a good student could be my greatest achievement. | 把你变成一个好学生说不定还真能算得上我最大的成就呢 |
[10:22] | This could be my legacy, | 说不定还会名垂青史 |
[10:23] | my chance to win the Anne Sullivan Award for Difficult Tutoring. | 成为我赢得安妮·沙利文难度教学奖项的好机会 |
[10:26] | I don’t know who that is. | 我不知道那是谁 |
[10:27] | She tutored Helen Keller. | 她是海伦·凯勒的家教老师 |
[10:28] | I don’t know who that is. | 那又是谁啊 |
[10:31] | All right, I’m ready to start learning. | 算了 我已经准备好开始学习了 |
[10:33] | Ellen, got the mail! | 艾伦 我把信取回来了 |
[10:35] | Nothing but catalogs and the… Who keeps chewing up the credit card bill? | 只有广告和 谁总是把我的信用卡账单嚼烂啊 |
[10:41] | I can’t even read this. | 我看都看不清楚 |
[10:43] | Seems like something Chloe would do. | 感觉像是克洛伊会干的事 |
[10:48] | What do you mean you talked to Chloe about it? | 你说你和克洛伊谈过了是什么意思 |
[10:50] | You and I were supposed to talk about it first. | 我们应该先讨论好再告诉她啊 |
[10:52] | But Chloe was in my office and it just came up. | 但是克洛伊当时在我办公室 我们就顺便讨论了一下 |
[10:54] | We’ll finish this argument later. Good day. | 我们等会儿再吵吧 拜拜 |
[11:00] | I did not do that properly, did I? | 我刚那句话没说好 是吧 |
[11:03] | Ellen, look how beautiful she is with long hair. | 艾伦 快看她留长发多美啊 |
[11:07] | Bennett, what are you… | 班尼特 你这是 |
[11:08] | No, not… not that one. | 不不 不是那张 |
[11:10] | That’s a project I’m working on. | 那是我在做的一个设计 |
[11:14] | Look, if you want her hair to stay long, you can take care of it from now on. | 要不这样 如果你想让她留长发的话 你来打理她的头发 |
[11:18] | – Fine, I will. – No, you will… Wait, what? | -好的 我来 -不 你来 等等 什么 |
[11:22] | That was surprisingly easy. | 真是意想不到地简单啊 |
[11:23] | I like her hair long, so it’s worth it to me. | 我喜欢她长发的样子 对我来说值了 |
[11:25] | I mean, I’m fine with that. | 我不介意啊 |
[11:26] | Now can we please talk about who’s been using my razor in the shower? | 现在我们能谈谈是谁用了我浴室里的剃刀了吗 |
[11:31] | We’ll finish this argument later. Good day. | 我们待会儿再讨论这事儿 拜拜 |
[11:38] | That’s my razor. | 那是我的剃刀 |
[11:40] | You’re using my razor. | 你在用我的剃刀 |
[11:41] | Oh. Good day. | 哦 拜拜 |
[11:50] | Well, Tyler, I scored your practice test and bad news, you got a 50. | 泰勒 你的练习卷我改完了 坏消息 你得了五十分 |
[11:55] | Bad news? | 坏消息 |
[11:57] | That’s the difference between us. | 那就是咱俩的区别了 |
[11:59] | You see the test as half wrong. | 你觉得这张试卷我错了一半 |
[12:00] | I see the test as half full. | 我觉得这张试卷我对了一半 |
[12:03] | One other difference between us. | 咱们俩的另外一个区别是 |
[12:06] | I’m going to graduate high school. | 我能高中毕业 |
[12:09] | Tyler, how did you get a 50? | 泰勒 你怎么只得了五十分啊 |
[12:11] | – I got a 70. – How did you get a 70? | -我都得了七十分呢 -你怎么拿到七十分的 |
[12:14] | I filled in the circles in the shape of a bone and got lucky. | 我在答题卡上画了个骨头的形状 然后人品好呗 |
[12:17] | These tests have a well-known canine bias. | 这些考试可是出了名的歧视犬类啊 |
[12:20] | If you want to pass the test to get into the accelerated program, | 如果你想考进加速项目 |
[12:23] | you’re going to have to learn everything in these packets. | 就得把这些文件夹里的东西看完 |
[12:25] | No, no. I don’t like school. | 不不 我可不喜欢上学 |
[12:29] | I’ve never been good at school. I can’t do this. | 我从来都不是个好学生 这我可做不来 |
[12:31] | It’ll be okay. We just need to find the way that you learn. | 没事的 我们只是要找到你学习的方法 |
[12:34] | Or your lucky shape. | 或者你的幸运图形 |
[12:37] | I am going to rise to the challenge and get through to you | 我要用将我塑造成今天这样一名 |
[12:41] | using all of the diligence and ingenuity | 优秀学生的勤奋和才能 |
[12:43] | that have made me the successful student I am. | 来面对挑战 成功教化你 |
[12:45] | I will not back down, I will not give in, and you will not fail. | 我不会灰心 不会放弃 而你也不会失败 |
[12:49] | Maybe yours is a hamburger. | 说不定你的幸运图形是汉堡 |
[12:56] | And then, I saw a shawl on the floor and said, | 然后 我在地上看到一条围巾 我就说 |
[12:58] | “Look, someone lost their shawl,” | “看 谁把围巾丢了” |
[13:00] | “and then Mason was all like, “No, I think a witch melted.” | 梅森居然说“不 我觉得是有个女巫在这里蒸发了” |
[13:03] | What a mind. | 真是有想象力 |
[13:05] | Uh, sorry, sweets. | 啊 对不起 宝贝 |
[13:08] | Looks like we lost another brush. | 好像又葬送了一把梳子 |
[13:12] | Well, your hair will just have to grow around them. | 以后你的头发恐怕就要绕着这些梳子生长了 |
[13:14] | But I don’t like my hair knotted. | 可是我不喜欢头发缠成一团啊 |
[13:16] | Well, we all have to deal with things we don’t like. | 人生总有不如意 你得试着去接受 |
[13:19] | I don’t like that extra scene after the end credits in movies. | 比如说我就不喜欢电影结束后的彩蛋 |
[13:22] | I have to pee. | 人家总得上厕所吧 |
[13:31] | Chloe, why is there a turtle in your hair? | 克洛伊 你头发里为什么有只乌龟 |
[13:36] | Because it’s safe and warm, | 因为那里温暖又安全 |
[13:38] | and Snappy likes to eat the lettuce I keep in there. | 而且咬咬喜欢我放在头发里的生菜 |
[13:40] | – What? – What? | – 什么 – 什么 |
[13:43] | And why did you name him Snappy? | 你干嘛要叫它咬咬啊 |
[13:45] | Because… Aah! | 因为 啊啊啊 |
[13:48] | Oh, this is a nightmare, honey. | 哦 真是个噩梦啊 宝贝 |
[13:50] | How does your mommy even do this? | 你妈是怎么做到的 |
[13:52] | She doesn’t mess with Snappy, that’s for sure. | 不知道 但是她绝对不会挑衅咬咬 |
[13:56] | You are gonna look so pretty when I’m done. | 我完工以后你绝对会很漂亮的 |
[14:01] | I’m going out on a limb here, | 我现在是在为你做牺牲 |
[14:03] | but is it possible you miss doing this with Chloe? | 但你是不是怀念和克洛伊做这样的事了 |
[14:06] | I miss doing this with Chloe. | 我怀念和克洛伊做这样的事了 |
[14:08] | It was our mommy-daughter time. | 那是我们专属的亲子时间 |
[14:10] | Ah, and that 70% was just luck, huh? | 哈 我能拿七十分还真不是不可能 |
[14:14] | I know what you’re thinking, Stan. | 我知道你在想什么 斯坦 |
[14:16] | “Well, now, Ellen, you’re the one who told Bennett to do her hair.” | “自作自受啊 艾伦 是你自己让班尼特去收拾她的头发的” |
[14:21] | That’s how you think I talk? | 你觉得我是这么说话的吗 |
[14:23] | First of all, I have a Chicago accent | 首先 我说话带芝加哥口音 |
[14:26] | with a little surfer dude mixed in. | 还混点冲浪小子的感觉 |
[14:30] | “Why don’t y’all just go tell him how you feel, eh?” | “你为什么不直接告诉他你的想法呢” |
[14:33] | Okay, now what was that? | 好吧 刚那个是什么 |
[14:34] | I heard Alabama, I heard Canada, | 有阿拉巴马州口音 还有点加拿大口音 |
[14:36] | you’re all over the map! | 你在地图上到处乱跑啊 |
[14:37] | “Sorry this is so rough on you. | 抱歉汪你为难了 |
[14:41] | Get it? | 懂了吗 |
[14:42] | Ruff. | 汪 |
[14:43] | “Good one, Stan.” | 说得好 斯坦 |
[14:46] | I have never been this close to talking to you | 这是我和你最接近对话的一次了 |
[14:49] | or felt this pretty. | 也是我自我感觉最漂亮的一次了 |
[14:55] | Okay, you’re great at BMX. | 好的 你小轮车很厉害 |
[14:57] | So I’m going to recreate the conditions of learning bike tricks, | 所以我接下来要还原你学习自行车特技的场景 |
[15:00] | only instead of bike tricks, | 只不过你要学的不是自行车特技 |
[15:02] | you’ll be learning landmark Supreme Court cases. | 而是标志性的最高法院案件 |
[15:04] | Instead of bike pads, should I be wearing legal pads? | 那我是不是不应该戴自行车护具 而是戴法律护具 |
[15:07] | Class clown. | 我可是班级开心果 |
[15:09] | Okay, feel the wind in your face. | 好 感觉吹到你脸上的风 |
[15:15] | Pedal. Pedal. | 踩踏板 踩踏板 |
[15:17] | – What decision established the right to an attorney? – I don’t know. | – 哪一判决确立了获得律师辩护权 – 我不知道 |
[15:20] | Well, do you know if you’re riding your bike through the woods? | 那你知道你现在是否在骑车穿越森林吗 |
[15:25] | Oh, there’s a crow. | 哇 前面有只乌鸦耶 |
[15:26] | Caw! | 嘎 |
[15:27] | Caw! | 嘎 |
[15:29] | I don’t ride my bike through the woods, so stop throwing dirt at me. | 我从不骑车穿越森林 所以不要再往我脸上撒泥了 |
[15:32] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:36] | What decision established the right to an attorney? | 哪一判决确立了获得律师辩护权 |
[15:39] | Ribbit. Ribbit. | 呱呱 呱呱 |
[15:41] | You saw my BMX competition. | 我参加自行车越野赛的时候你也在 |
[15:43] | There were no frogs there. | 现场没有青蛙啦 |
[15:45] | I was mostly texting my friends. | 我基本上都在和朋友发短信 |
[15:47] | Moo. | 哞 |
[15:48] | Moo. | 哞 |
[15:50] | – Moo. – Stop making animal noises. | – 哞 – 别再学动物叫了 |
[15:52] | Come on, what decision established the right to an attorney? | 快点 哪一判决确立了获得律师辩护权 |
[15:55] | Gideon versus… | 吉迪恩诉 |
[15:57] | Stop throwing things at me | 不要再朝我扔东西了 |
[15:58] | and get my bike off this thing. | 把我的自行车从这玩意儿上弄下来 |
[16:00] | You’re not making learning fun, | 你没把学习变得好玩 |
[16:02] | you’re making riding bikes in the house awful. | 反而把室内自行车变得糟糕 |
[16:11] | Really? | 你在搞什么 |
[16:12] | It’s common knowledge that hang gliders have the right of way in the backyard! | 滑翔手有权进入后院是常识 |
[16:18] | Gideon v. Wainwright! | 吉迪恩诉维恩莱特案 |
[16:23] | I know you may be beginning to question my methods. | 我知道你已经开始怀疑我的教学方式了 |
[16:25] | And your sanity. | 还有你的理智 |
[16:27] | But I’ve given this a lot more thought, | 但是我已经认真地想过了 |
[16:29] | and I realized what you love about BMX is that it’s fun. | 然后我意识到了你喜欢自行车越野赛是因为它好玩 |
[16:32] | You can forget it. You lost my trust, Avery. | 算了吧 我已经不再信任你了 艾芙莉 |
[16:33] | – I’m not doing it. – It involves you… | – 我不干了 – 这个新方法是 |
[16:35] | – Nope. – Learning about Supreme Court cases… | – 不干 – 为了学习最高法院案件 |
[16:36] | No way. | 想都别想 |
[16:38] | By playing your favorite TV game show, Whoopsy! | 我们来玩你最喜欢的闯关真人秀“哎呦喂”的方式 |
[16:40] | You can forget… Whoopsy! | 你还是算 哎呦喂 |
[16:43] | So I’ve set up the family room to replicate all of the obstacles | 我已经在客厅布置了各种你能 |
[16:46] | that you find on Whoopsy. | 在哎呦喂上看到的障碍 |
[16:48] | This is just a bunch of junk from the garage. | 这只是一堆堆在车库里的垃圾吧 |
[16:50] | But it can magically transform using the power… | 但是它能神奇地变成障碍物 只要你用 |
[16:53] | Don’t say imagination. | 别跟我说想象力 |
[16:55] | of imagin… make-believe. | 用想象 梦想成真 |
[16:58] | Well, that’s totally different, let’s do this! | 这么说感觉就完全不一样了 我们开始吧 |
[17:00] | All right, at each obstacle, you’re not allowed to move on | 好的 在每个障碍前面 你必须正确回答问题 |
[17:04] | until you answer the question correctly. | 才能进入下一关 |
[17:05] | Begin with the Pit of Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream. | 从这个敏感肌肤剃须霜池开始 |
[17:10] | I know saying “sensitive skin” makes it less scary | 我知道说“敏感肌肤”听上去就不太可怕了 |
[17:12] | but I didn’t want you to worry about your sensitive skin. | 我只是不想让你担心你的敏感肌肤 |
[17:14] | And begin! | 现在开始 |
[17:19] | The Supreme Court case that established the right of Congress to pass laws | 哪个最高法院的案件确立了国会通过必要且合理 |
[17:23] | that are necessary and proper. | 的法律的权利 |
[17:24] | Gibbons v. Ogden. | 吉本斯诉奥格登 |
[17:26] | Wrong. | 错 |
[17:29] | Blondes versus Brunettes? | 金发女诉黑发女 |
[17:31] | That’s wrong on several counts. | 你这错得也太离谱了 |
[17:41] | Lochner v. New York. | 洛克纳诉纽约政府 |
[17:42] | States can’t interfere with an employee’s right to contract with an employer. | 政府不能干预雇员与雇主建立合同的权利 |
[17:46] | Correct. Next challenge. | 正确 下一关 |
[17:48] | Hey, I didn’t get to bash him. | 喂 我都没机会砸他诶 |
[17:50] | You said I’d get to bash him. | 你说我可以砸他的 |
[17:59] | Okay, okay, stop that. | 好了 好了 停 |
[18:00] | This isn’t Whoopsy! | 这可不是《哎呦喂》 |
[18:02] | This is like one of those cheap knock-offs of Whoopsy, | 这是《哎呦喂》的低级山寨版 |
[18:04] | like Whoopso or Oopsy or Whaaat? | 比如《哎呀》或者《呦呦》或者《什么》 |
[18:08] | Hold your horses, you don’t like Whaaat? | 等等等等 你居然不喜欢看《什么》 |
[18:12] | Next, you’ll tell me you don’t like Hold Your Horses. | 你接下来是不是还要告诉我你不喜欢看《等等等等》 |
[18:18] | Whoopsy. | 哎呦喂 |
[18:25] | I need to talk to you. | 我觉得我们得谈一谈 |
[18:26] | Oh, good. I need to talk to you, too. | 正好 我也觉得我们得谈一谈 |
[18:28] | I miss doing Chloe’s hair. | 我怀念帮克洛伊照顾头发的时光了 |
[18:29] | I miss touching it, and I miss talking to her. | 我怀念触摸她的头发 我也怀念和她聊天的情景 |
[18:32] | I spent a half an hour grooming Stan | 我花了半个小时帮斯坦打扮 |
[18:33] | but he’s just not a very good conversationalist. | 但他真不是个能聊天的对象 |
[18:36] | “I’m just a big, dumb dog from Delaware.” | “我只是只特拉华州来的大蠢狗” |
[18:40] | Delaware? Where are you even getting that from? | 特拉华 你这是是根据什么推断出来的 |
[18:43] | That’s it, tonight, I’m sleeping on your face. | 真是够了 今晚我要睡在你的脸上 |
[18:49] | Honey, I am so relieved to hear that. | 亲爱的 听到你这么说我真是松了一口气 |
[18:51] | Her hair’s gonna haunt my dreams. | 她的头发简直就是我的噩梦 |
[18:53] | There are things in there, Ellen. | 那里面有些东西 艾伦 |
[18:55] | Angry, bite-y things. | 暴怒的 爱咬人的东西 |
[18:58] | Well, it’s for the best ’cause you were really not very good at it. | 好吧 这样最好 因为你真不擅长做这种事 |
[19:04] | My teacher said to tell you to expect a home visit. | 我的老师让我告诉你们她要来家访 |
[19:09] | Sweetie, how would you like Mommy to go back to doing your hair? | 宝贝 你想不想妈妈来帮你整理头发 |
[19:13] | More than anything. | 想疯了 |
[19:16] | I mean, nothing personal, Daddy, | 我的意思是 不是说你啊 老爸 |
[19:19] | but I look like a cherry tumbleweed. | 但是我看上去就像个红色的风滚草 |
[19:23] | I look like a frightened clown. | 我看上去就像个吓疯了的小丑 |
[19:27] | I look like an Irish setter in a wind storm. | 我看上去就像个风暴里的爱尔兰安装工 |
[19:31] | I look like a troll doll that went through the dryer. | 我看上去像个掉进了干燥机里的巨魔娃娃 |
[19:35] | I get it, Chloe. | 我懂了 克洛伊 |
[19:36] | You look like a red cat’s hairball. | 你看上去就像个红毛猫的毛球 |
[19:39] | Dad, that’s offensive. | 爸 这么说好过分啊 |
[19:43] | And this wasn’t working for Snappy either. | 咬咬也不喜欢这样 |
[19:45] | He moved out of my hair and I can’t find him anywhere. | 他离开了我的头发 我到处都找不到它 |
[19:48] | Don’t worry, sweetie. I’m sure he’ll turn up. | 别担心 宝贝 它肯定会现身的 |
[19:58] | Avery, I’m in so much pain from everything you did today, | 艾芙莉 都是因为你今天干的这些事儿 |
[20:01] | ow, to help me study for, | 哎呦 说是要帮我准备考试 |
[20:04] | ow, my tests. | 我现在痛的不行 |
[20:06] | But it didn’t work. I give up. | 但是还是没有用 我放弃了 |
[20:09] | Oh, pork and beans, this hurts. | 哦 黄豆炖猪脚 好痛 |
[20:11] | I’m so sorry. I don’t know where I went wrong. | 真对不起 我真不懂我为什么没成功 |
[20:15] | Don’t blame… sweet potato fries… yourself. | 不要 甜薯条 自我责备 |
[20:18] | Look, I have to go practice some bike stunts. | 我得去练习自行车特技了 |
[20:21] | Even if I don’t go on the tour, maybe someday I’ll get another shot. | 说不定就算我这次不能参赛 下次还能找到什么机会 |
[20:24] | How are you gonna practice bike stunts? You’re in so much pain. | 你现在怎么练自行车特技啊 你现在都这么痛了 |
[20:27] | We have to work through the… | 我们要克服 |
[20:30] | …pain. | 痛苦 |
[20:33] | BMX isn’t always fun, Avery. | 小轮车不只是好玩 艾芙莉 |
[20:35] | It’s a lot of hard work but it’s worth it. | 也需要付出好多辛苦努力 但一切都是值得的 |
[20:38] | Of course. | 当然 |
[20:41] | I was trying to find a substitute | 之前我一直都想找到一个 |
[20:43] | for the hard work you need to be a great student. | 能让你不付出辛苦努力就能成为好学生的替代方法 |
[20:45] | But there isn’t one. | 但是它不存在 |
[20:48] | You just have to do the work. | 这些努力都是无法逃避的 |
[20:50] | Whoa, so was causing me all this pain | 哇 所以这些让我受痛的过程 |
[20:52] | all part of your trick to teach me this lesson? | 都是为了给我上这一课吗 |
[20:55] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:58] | Of course. What else could it be? | 当然 还能是什么呢 |
[21:00] | The act of a 14-year-old trying to invent an educational model | 一个十四岁孩子的试图发明一种从未被数千年来 |
[21:03] | that never occurred to educational professionals over thousands of years? | 任何教育专家发现并提出的教育方式的举动吗 |
[21:08] | Look, if you want to learn, it won’t be easy or fun, | 其实 如果你想学习的话 这个过程既不轻松也不好玩 |
[21:11] | but your reward is that you’ll get to pursue your dream. | 但是你的回报就是你有机会追随你的梦想 |
[21:14] | I’m gonna do it, Avery. | 我决定就这么做了 艾芙莉 |
[21:15] | I’m gonna work my butt off and make this happen. | 我要拼尽全力来实现它 |
[21:19] | I’m proud of you, Tyler. | 我为你骄傲 泰勒 |
[21:20] | Oh, chicken chow mein! | 哦 鸡肉炒面 |
[21:26] | Everyone learned a lot this week. | 这礼拜所有人都学到了很多 |
[21:28] | Bennett learned that no one wants a calendar | 班尼特学到了谁也不想要 |
[21:30] | of the twelve hairstyles of Bennett James. | 印着班尼特·詹姆斯的十二种发型的年历 |
[21:34] | Hopefully, Ellen learned something | 但愿艾伦也能学到 |
[21:35] | about what happens when you inaccurately imitate a talking dog. | 错误模仿一只会说话的狗的后果 |
[21:42] | And as for Tyler… | 至于泰勒嘛 |
[21:43] | Avery, I didn’t pass. | 艾芙莉 我没考过 |
[21:46] | – What? – Just kidding. | – 什么 – 开玩笑的啦 |
[21:48] | I passed. Class clown. | 我过了 班级开心果 |
[21:50] | – So you passed? – Yes. | -你通过了吗 -是啊 |
[21:53] | – I did it. – I did it. | – 我做到了 – 我做到了 |
[21:55] | But, you know, this is just the beginning | 但是 这只是开始而已 |
[21:59] | now that you’re in the accelerated program. | 你现在算是进入了加速课程 |
[22:01] | Wait, I thought the test was the accelerated program. | 等等 我以为考试本身就是加速课程 |
[22:05] | – I thought I graduated. – No, you’re gonna have to work hard | – 我以为我已经毕业了 – 不 接下来这个学期 |
[22:07] | for the rest of the semester to get through it. | 你还得好好努力争取从加速课程中毕业 |
[22:10] | No! | 不 |
[22:13] | Hang glide, check. | 滑翔机飞行 完成 |