时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Listen, Tyler, I got a call from your teacher, Mrs. Brockman, | 泰勒 你听着 我刚刚接到你老师布洛克曼的电话 |
[00:09] | and apparently, you are getting a “D” In your English class. | 显然 你这次语文课又得了个D |
[00:12] | Yes, I’ve been trying to get on the D’s list. | 太好了 我一直想挤进D榜呢 |
[00:15] | I think you mean Dean’s list. | 你指的应该是优秀生榜吧 |
[00:18] | That’s for people who get A’s. | 那些人可都是得A的 |
[00:19] | I know. I’m talking about the list I started | 我知道啊 我说的是那些 |
[00:21] | for people who feel left out because they don’t get A’s. | 因为没得到A而遭到忽视的学生榜 |
[00:23] | What good is school if you can’t feel good about yourself? | 要是你对自己没点自信的话那上学还有什么用 |
[00:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:29] | Look, Mrs. Brockman and I discussed it, | 我和布洛克曼老师讨论过了 |
[00:31] | and we came up with a way for you to bring up your grade. | 我们想到了个方法 可以让你学习进步 |
[00:33] | Please don’t say homework. | 可别告诉我是写家庭作业啊 |
[00:35] | I like to keep my home life and my work life separate. | 我只是不想把家庭和学习生活混在一起 |
[00:37] | Can’t you respect that? | 这都不行嘛 |
[00:39] | After years of acting in the Shakespeare in the park festival, | 鉴于我在游园会上演了莎士比亚的戏剧这么多年 |
[00:44] | they asked me to direct the play Othello. | 今年他们要我来执导《奥赛罗》这出戏 |
[00:47] | They couldn’t get anyone else, could they? | 他们一定是找不到其他人了吧 |
[00:48] | No, they could not. | 是呀 他们没得选 |
[00:49] | The point is, Mrs. Brockman said | 重点是布洛克曼老师说了 |
[00:51] | that if you perform in my play, she’ll bring your grade up. | 如果你出演这部戏的话 她会帮你提高成绩 |
[00:53] | Come on, Tyler, it’ll be good for ya, | 来吧 泰勒 这对你很有帮助 |
[00:56] | and a chance for us to bond. | 同时又是个加强我们父子感情的好机会 |
[00:57] | You couldn’t get any guys to be in your play, could you? | 你是找不到别的人来演了吧 |
[00:59] | No, I could not. | 是 确实没找到 |
[01:00] | And if you don’t do this, | 如果你不帮我的话 |
[01:01] | may be forced to play all the male roles myself. | 这部戏里的每个男性角色就都得我来演了 |
[01:04] | Hang posters all over your school | 想象一下你们学校里贴满了 |
[01:07] | of me in tights saying, | 我穿着紧身衣的海报 上面写着 |
[01:08] | – “Come see Tyler’s dad… ” – Okay, I’ll do it. | -“来看泰勒爸爸演出哦” -我演就是了 |
[01:11] | – Couldn’t think of a way out, could you? – No, I could not. | -想不出别的招了吧 -是 我认输 |
[01:33] | Okay, I think these street racing movies | 看来街道赛车类电影 |
[01:35] | have pretty much run out of vehicles to use | 把车用得差不多了 |
[01:36] | when they start doing hot air balloon chases. | 他们竟然开始用热气球展开追逐了 |
[01:39] | I don’t know. That last crash was pretty exciting. | 我也搞不懂 不过最后的那一撞还是挺刺激的 |
[01:49] | What does Avery see in this guy? | 艾芙莉看上他哪点了啊 |
[01:51] | Charming, unassuming personality, | 帅气的外表 谦逊的个性 |
[01:53] | kind eyes and smile that lights up a room. | 善良的眼神还是他那可以照亮整个房间的笑容 |
[01:58] | Come on, Stan. Every time Wes and I are together, | 别这样 斯坦 每次我和韦斯在一起的时候 |
[02:00] | you try to wedge yourself between us. | 你总是挤在我们俩中间 |
[02:02] | You’re right. He’s in the way. | 没错 他挡住我了 |
[02:05] | Let’s do with him what we did with last week’s trash, | 我们怎么对待上周的垃圾就怎么对待他吧 |
[02:08] | up until the point where I ate last week’s trash. | 当然别太过 比如说某些垃圾被我吃了 |
[02:10] | I’m not eating him. | 我才不会吃他呢 |
[02:12] | I can’t wait till we go to Shakespeare in the park together. | 我等不及和你一起去公园看莎士比亚戏剧了 |
[02:15] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[02:15] | Finally someone smart I can talk about the plays with afterward. | 我终于找到了个足够聪明 能跟我讨论戏剧的人了 |
[02:19] | Totally. But just so you know, | 那当然 但是你知道的 |
[02:21] | I love Shakespeare so much, it leaves me speechless, | 我特喜欢莎士比亚 都不知道该怎么表达了 |
[02:24] | so you’ll be doing most of the talking. | 所以可能大部分时间都是你说 |
[02:27] | I should be going. | 我该走了 |
[02:28] | Oh. Parting is such sweet sorrow. | 分别是甜蜜的哀伤 |
[02:31] | I was trying to think of a | 我刚刚还在想 |
[02:32] | way to say good-bye and you just nailed it. | 要怎么和你道别呢 你就先说了 |
[02:35] | Oh, wait, that was Shakespeare, right? | 等下 刚刚那句是莎士比亚写的吧 |
[02:38] | – Of course. – Look at us. | -没错 -你看咱俩 |
[02:40] | Talkin’ about him already. | 已经开始聊起他了呢 |
[02:43] | – See ya. – See ya. | -再见 -再见 |
[02:49] | Ugh! That display between the two of you was disgusting. | 你俩这样可真恶心 |
[02:53] | I just threw up a little in my mouth, | 害我把刚吃进去的东西 |
[02:55] | which I enjoyed, so thank you. | 都吐出来了 多谢了你俩 |
[02:57] | Stan, what’s up with you? You’ve been down on Wes for weeks. | 斯坦 你怎么了 你一直看韦斯不顺眼 |
[03:00] | There’s just something off about that guy. | 我觉得那家伙给我的感觉不对 |
[03:02] | I can’t quite put my finger on it. | 但我也指不出是哪不对 |
[03:04] | That’s because nothing is off with him, | 那是因为他没什么不对的地方 |
[03:05] | and you don’t have any fingers. | 再说你也没手指呀 |
[03:07] | Don’t I? | 谁说我没有 |
[03:10] | I’ve been keepin’ this foam finger close by | 我留着这个泡沫手指有一年多了 |
[03:12] | for over a year waiting for that moment. | 就是为了这一刻 |
[03:15] | Totally worth it. | 太值了 |
[03:17] | Avery’s so crazy about that guy, | 艾芙莉太喜欢那个男生了 |
[03:21] | but Wes really rubs me the wrong way. | 但是韦斯摸我的方式不对 |
[03:22] | Literally. Believe it or not, | 真的 不管你信不信 |
[03:24] | there are incorrect ways to pet dogs. | 确实有些摸狗的方法是错误的 |
[03:27] | The grating up-rub. | 向上摩擦 |
[03:30] | The dreaded pet-pat. | 可怕的拍头 |
[03:34] | And the lolli-plop. | 用棒棒糖打 |
[03:37] | That’s not petting. That’s just… What is that? | 那可不是爱抚 那是 那是什么呀 |
[03:41] | Why would you do that? | 你干嘛要这么做呀 |
[03:45] | I did it! I did it, mommy. | 妈妈 我做到了 |
[03:46] | I made my own bed every day for a month. | 我已经连续一个月每天都自己整理我的床 |
[03:50] | So now I get my own rock star rabbit game on your tablet | 所以我现在可以在你的平板电脑上玩摇滚兔了吧 |
[03:52] | just like you promised. | 你可是答应过我的 |
[03:54] | I don’t remember promising that. | 我可不记得我这么答应过你 |
[03:55] | If you make your bed every day for a month, | 如果你连续一个月都整理床的话 |
[03:59] | you’ll get your own rock | 你就可以在我平板电脑上 |
[04:00] | star rabbit game on my tablet. I promise. | 玩摇滚兔游戏 我保证 |
[04:03] | That’s not my voice. | 那可不是我声音 |
[04:05] | “I will not deny that that’s my voice. Ellen Jennings.” | “我不会否认那是我的声音的 艾伦·詹宁斯” |
[04:11] | You can’t keep track of anything. | 你居然什么都记得 |
[04:13] | How did you hold onto that for a month? | 你怎么把这些都留了一个月的 |
[04:14] | I taped it to my person. | 我把这些都放在了我的人身上 |
[04:15] | – Your body? – No, my person. | -你身上吗 -不 是我的人身上 |
[04:21] | As soon as this bar loads, you can play. | 这个读取完 你就可以玩了 |
[04:24] | Yes! Rock star rabbit and I are gonna collect so many carrots. | 太好了 摇滚兔我来了 我要收集多多的胡萝卜 |
[04:29] | Lucky, you just do what you want. | 你真幸运 可以做你想做的事情 |
[04:30] | I wish I could just work on my novel. | 我多希望我也可以专注地写我的小说 |
[04:33] | That’s right, I’m secretly writing a novel | 没错 我正秘密地在写小说 |
[04:34] | about a woman who’s an average housewife by day, | 讲述一个白天是普通的家庭主妇 |
[04:37] | but a secret novelist by night. | 而晚上是个秘密小说家的女人的故事 |
[04:39] | Her name is Helen. | 她叫海伦 |
[04:41] | – Perhaps I’ve said too much. – No, don’t stop. | -我是不是透漏得太多了 -没有呀 继续 |
[04:43] | Thanks, hon, I love your enthusiasm for the concept. | 宝贝 谢谢你对这个构思如此有热情 |
[04:46] | But I’m not gonna have time to work on my novel | 但一旦你爸喊我给他的戏剧帮忙的话 |
[04:48] | once your father asks me to help him with his play. | 我就没法写我的小说了 |
[04:50] | He always asks me, and I always say yes. | 他总是找我 我也每次都答应 |
[04:53] | – You know why? – 14 carrots! | -你知道为什么吗 -有14个胡萝卜 |
[04:55] | Ha, I wish! | 我倒希望是这样 |
[04:57] | I help him because I love him. | 我愿意帮他是因为我爱他 |
[04:59] | I just hope this year, he decides he doesn’t need my help. | 我只是希望他今年别找我帮忙了 |
[05:02] | I just hope this year, she doesn’t insist on helping. | 我希望她今年别坚持要来给我帮忙了 |
[05:05] | This play is my thing, | 排戏是我的事 |
[05:07] | but she always wants to get in on the action, | 但她总以各种行动参与进来 |
[05:08] | and then I gotta find some busywork to keep her happy. | 然后我就不得不找些额外的活儿给她做让她开心 |
[05:11] | – You know what she needs? – Another life! | -你知道她需要什么吗 -又多一条命 |
[05:13] | I wouldn’t go that far, Chloe. | 这我可办不到呀 克洛伊 |
[05:16] | No, I just have to offer her | 我得找点小活儿给她 |
[05:17] | some small task and hopefully, she’ll say no. | 真希望她会拒绝呀 |
[05:22] | So… you wanna fluff the ruffles on the costumes for the play? | 那 你真打算把戏服上的褶皱都弄平吗 |
[05:26] | Of course I do. Why wouldn’t I? | 当然啦 要不然呢 |
[05:30] | This is a crazy game. | 这游戏可真够疯狂的 |
[05:33] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是呀 -没错 |
[05:37] | Hey, Stan, what’s going on? | 嘿 斯坦 干嘛呢 |
[05:39] | Actually, I need you to say, “What’s up?” | 事实上 你应该问我”有事吗” |
[05:41] | I had this whole thing worked out where you say, | 这样你问我的时候我就可以说了 |
[05:43] | “What’s up?” And I say, “Something big.” | 你问”有事吗” 我就会说”有大事” |
[05:45] | So go ahead. | 所以你先说 |
[05:47] | Okay. Fine. What’s up? | 好吧 有事吗 |
[05:49] | Nothin’ much. Ah, dang it. | 没什么事 噢 该死 |
[05:52] | Anyway, I just spent the day following Wes around. | 我今天跟踪了韦斯一天 |
[05:55] | Don’t worry, he didn’t recognize me. | 别担心 他没认出来是我 |
[05:57] | I was in disguise. | 我做好了掩护 |
[06:03] | Nothin’ to see here, folks. | 伙计们 这儿没什么好看的 |
[06:05] | Just a dog at the park lookin’ for a little pickup game. | 不过是只狗在公园里打打球 |
[06:09] | Played some college ball, came off the bench. | 来场大学篮球比赛 替补出场 |
[06:12] | Don’t wanna intimidate anybody. | 没想要吓到谁 |
[06:16] | In retrospect, the b-ball duds | 现在想起来 |
[06:18] | may have attracted more attention than I wanted. | 那套球服可比我想象中的要更引人注意 |
[06:20] | Or maybe it was this. | 也有可能是因为我的球技 |
[06:23] | All day, Avery, all day. | 可以转一整天哦 艾芙莉 一整天 |
[06:28] | Anyhoo, I think you’ll find everything you need to know in here. | 不管怎么样 你想要知道的东西都在这里 |
[06:36] | I can’t believe you spied on Wes. | 我不敢相信你竟然监视韦斯去了 |
[06:38] | What were you thinking, Stan? | 斯坦 你在想些什么呢 |
[06:40] | There’s nothing even incriminating about these photos. | 这些照片里没一点不正常的东西啊 |
[06:42] | Oh, yeah? | 哦 看仔细咯 |
[06:44] | What about that one of him ordering a sandwich? | 你看他点三明治那张 |
[06:45] | What about it? | 这张有什么吗 |
[06:47] | He mispronounced mayonnaise. | 他发错了蛋黄酱的音 |
[06:50] | You’ll have to take my word on that. | 你可得相信我说的话 |
[06:52] | You know what, Stan, you’re wasting my time. | 斯坦 你知道吗 你这是在浪费我时间 |
[06:55] | When are you gonna realize that Wes is a really good guy? | 你什么时候才能意识到韦斯是真的很不错呢 |
[06:58] | Wait a minute. Who’s this he’s sitting next to? | 等下 坐他边上的是谁 |
[07:02] | Just some attractive mystery | 这是几个小时前 |
[07:03] | girl he was talking to for a few hours. | 和他聊天的一个迷人的神秘女孩 |
[07:05] | Now check out the next one. | 现在你看下一张 |
[07:07] | He’s steppin on a crack. | 他正踩在裂缝上呢 |
[07:09] | Does he not even care about his mother’s back? | 他就一点都不在乎他妈妈以后的生活了吗 |
[07:11] | What is going on here? | 他们到底在干嘛 |
[07:14] | He can’t be with another girl. | 他怎么能和别的女孩子在一起呢 |
[07:16] | He’s my boyfriend. I’m gonna go talk to him. | 他可是我男朋友啊 我得找他谈谈去 |
[07:19] | Good. And while you’re there, | 非常好 对了 待会儿你去的时候 |
[07:21] | please tell him there’s no such thing as “Maynnaise.” | 记得告诉他蛋黄酱可不是那么读的 |
[07:23] | If you don’t know, just say Mayo, dude. | 如果你不会读的话 直接说Mayo也行 |
[07:28] | If you are, like, so fond over her iniquity, | 要是您对于一个失节之妇 还是这样恋恋不舍 |
[07:33] | give her patent to offend, for if it, you know, touch not you, | 那么索性放任她吧 因为既然 那啥 您自己也不以为意 |
[07:37] | it comes near nobody, yo. | 当然更不干别人的事 懂吧 |
[07:42] | Don’t normally take a bow in the middle of the scene | 一般情况下不要在场景里随便鞠躬 |
[07:45] | among many other unique choices, yo. | 尤其是当你有其他更好的选择的时候 懂吧 |
[07:48] | I kind of like this acting thing. | 我觉得我开始喜欢上表演了 |
[07:51] | I know. Isn’t it exhilarating, | 我知道 是不是很有意思 |
[07:53] | connecting across the centuries with the mind of a brilliant author? | 穿越世纪 与才华横溢的作家用这样的方式交流 |
[07:57] | No, I just meant it combines | 那倒不是 我是觉得 |
[07:58] | my two best skills… looking good and being outside. | 表演结合了我最棒的两个技能 长得好看和待在室外 |
[08:02] | Hey, Wes. | 嘿 韦斯 |
[08:04] | What you been up to all day? | 你这一整天都干嘛了 |
[08:06] | Just reading some Shakespeare. | 读些莎士比亚的作品 |
[08:07] | So you’ve just been sitting here alone? | 所以你一直都是一个人待在这咯 |
[08:10] | All alone. Just me and my boy, Billy shakes. | 一直都一个人啊 只有我和我的莎士比亚 |
[08:14] | Oh, really? Then who’s this? | 是嘛 那这个人是谁 |
[08:19] | How did you get these? | 你怎么搞到这些照片的 |
[08:20] | Never mind that. Who’s this handsy little strumpet? | 这个不重要 这个小贱人是谁 |
[08:24] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 是这样 |
[08:26] | She was teaching me about Shakespeare. | 她在帮我了解莎士比亚 |
[08:28] | I was embarrassed to tell you | 我不好意思告诉你 |
[08:29] | that I don’t know as much about this as you do. | 我对他没有你那么了解 |
[08:32] | I didn’t want you to think | 我不想我们在一起的时候 |
[08:33] | I was stupid when we saw the plays together. | 你会觉得我很笨 |
[08:35] | Listen, I have fake tutored | 听着 我也曾经假借辅导的名义 |
[08:36] | to get close to a guy I like… don’t ask… | 去接近一个我喜欢的男生 别插话 |
[08:39] | so I know how these things go. | 所以我知道她打的什么主意 |
[08:41] | Why did she have her hands on your heart? | 她干嘛要把手放你心上 |
[08:43] | She was just showing me how the iambic pentameter rhyming scheme | 她是为了告诉我五音步抑扬格的韵律 |
[08:46] | mimics the heartbeat. | 是模仿心跳的 |
[08:47] | It does do that. | 确实是这么回事 |
[08:50] | Wait, this all makes sense now. | 那这一切都说得通 |
[08:52] | You went through all of this trouble just to impress me? | 你为我做了这么多努力 |
[08:55] | Aw, that is so romantic. | 这真是太浪漫了 |
[08:59] | Shall we talk about what you learned? | 那我们一起讨论下你刚刚都学了些什么吧 |
[09:01] | Avery, you spied on me. | 艾芙莉 你居然监视我 |
[09:03] | I don’t think I can be with someone who doesn’t trust me. | 我无法和一个不相信我的人在一起 |
[09:17] | Stop telling me what to do. | 别告诉我我该做什么 |
[09:19] | You’re not the boss of me. | 你又不是我老板 |
[09:21] | Stan, wake up. | 斯坦 醒醒 |
[09:23] | Oh! Hey, Avery. | 哦 是你呀 艾芙莉 |
[09:24] | I was just having that dream where you were the boss of me, | 刚刚我正做梦呢 梦里你是我老板 |
[09:28] | and I was totally cool with it. | 可真是棒极了 |
[09:30] | Do you have any idea what | 你知道 |
[09:31] | just happened between Wes and me at the park? | 我和韦斯刚刚在公园都发生了些什么吗 |
[09:33] | Yes, I was sort of there. | 知道啊 我当时也在那儿 |
[09:36] | I didn’t wanna make the same mistake as last time, | 我不能再犯和上次一样的错误了 |
[09:38] | so this time, I went as a golfer. | 所以这次 我装成了高尔夫球手 |
[09:42] | You completely ruined things with Wes for me. | 我和韦斯的关系都被你给毁了 |
[09:45] | I don’t know if you’re jealous, or what your problem is. | 我不知道你这么做是因为嫉妒 还是什么别的问题 |
[09:47] | My problem is, | 我的问题就是 |
[09:49] | if I keep splitting my time between basketball and golf, | 如果我一直在篮球和高尔夫球之间摇摆不定 |
[09:52] | I’ll never get good at either one. | 我就会哪一样都玩不好 |
[09:56] | Robert, grab my clubs. | 罗伯特 拿好我的球棒 |
[09:57] | We’re going to the driving range. | 我们去高尔夫球场 |
[10:01] | I’ll tell you why I bother practicing. | 你知道我为什么这么在乎练球嘛 |
[10:03] | Because someday, I’m gonna have a drink named after me | 因为总有一天 我会有一款以我名字命名的饮料 |
[10:05] | that’s half lemonade, half toilet water. | 一半柠檬汁 一半马桶水 |
[10:07] | Now come on! | 出发吧 |
[10:12] | So, getting your lines down? | 你的台词都记住了吗 |
[10:15] | Yep, I got ’em all down, | 是啊 我都记下来了 |
[10:16] | on the back of this kid who stands in front of me in act two. | 记在了第二幕站我前面那孩子的背上 |
[10:20] | Is that why instead of going where I directed you to, | 这就是你不站在我给你安排的位子上 |
[10:22] | you just kept following him around the stage? | 而跟着这孩子满舞台绕的原因吗 |
[10:24] | That, and he smells like waffles. | 是啊 而且他笑起来像华夫饼 |
[10:28] | Look, Tyler, acting is not just about learning the lines, | 泰勒 你听好了 表演不仅仅是让你背台词 |
[10:31] | or writing them down on people. | 或是把它们写在哪个人身上 |
[10:34] | It’s about understanding how the character thinks and feels. | 表演是为了让你去理解你的角色的想法和感受 |
[10:38] | Your character, lago, succumbs to jealousy. | 你的角色 伊阿古 充满了嫉妒心 |
[10:42] | Or, as Shakespeare called it, the green-eyed monster. | 或者如莎士比亚所述 绿眼的妖魔 |
[10:45] | You see, he used words in new and inventive ways. | 你看啊 他的用词多么有新意 多会创新 |
[10:49] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[10:51] | It’s like how I call tacos crunchy meat boats. | 就像我把墨西哥玉米卷叫做脆肉船一样 |
[10:54] | Yes, son, you are the Shakespeare of your generation. | 是啊 儿子 你是你们这一代人的莎士比亚 |
[10:58] | The point here is that Iago was jealous of Othello | 这里的重点是伊阿古嫉妒奥赛罗 |
[11:01] | which led him down a very dark path. | 所以他让奥赛罗走向了黑暗的深渊 |
[11:03] | Avery said I was jealous. | 艾芙莉说我是因为嫉妒 |
[11:06] | See, it’s jealousy that | 正是因为嫉妒 |
[11:07] | causes people to hurt those that they care about. | 使得人们去伤害了那些他们所在乎的人 |
[11:10] | I care about Avery, and I hurt her. | 我在乎艾芙莉 我却伤害了她 |
[11:13] | But I would’ve known if I had done that. | 但是我却并没意识到我伤害了她 |
[11:15] | But they often don’t know they’ve done that. | 但人们往往伤害了别人却不自知 |
[11:16] | That’s me! | 我就是这样 |
[11:19] | I’m jealous of Avery’s relationship with Wes. | 我嫉妒艾芙莉和韦斯关系亲密 |
[11:21] | Gotta make things right. Pick up my ball, Robert. | 我得做些什么来弥补 罗伯特 把我球捡起来 |
[11:25] | Guess you won’t be teaching me | 估计你今天是不会 |
[11:26] | life lessons using golf as a metaphor today. | 用高尔夫来给我上什么人生课程了 |
[11:30] | It all makes so much more sense now. | 这样表演就更有意义了 |
[11:33] | It’s not just a bunch of words I’m reading off waffle’s back. | 它不只是去读我写在那个华夫饼脸孩子背上的台词 |
[11:37] | You’re really taking this seriously. | 你终于开始认真对待表演了 |
[11:40] | Proud of you, son. | 儿子 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[11:41] | Thanks, dad. | 老爸 多谢夸奖 |
[11:43] | I didn’t know working with you would be so cool. | 原来和你一起工作这么有意思 |
[11:44] | I don’t know if I can express how much that means to me. | 这对我的意义太大了 我都不知道该怎么表达了 |
[11:49] | We both know you can, so let’s get it over with. | 咱俩都明白你会怎么表达的 所以直接略过吧 |
[11:52] | Get it in here. | 来抱一下 |
[11:56] | Well, I got all the ruffles fluffed for your father’s play. | 我把你爸戏里的那些衣服褶皱都弄平了 |
[12:01] | Jump through the hoop. | 跳过那铁环 |
[12:02] | Exactly. You get it. | 对 就是这么回事 |
[12:04] | I need to get back to my secret novel. | 我现在要开始忙我的小说了 |
[12:06] | Helen’s found the hidden | 海伦在公共图书馆内部 |
[12:07] | chamber inside the heart of the public library. | 找到了属于自己的那间密室 |
[12:10] | And she’s not alone. | 从此她不再孤单 |
[12:13] | Let’s hope your father doesn’t dump any more work on me. | 祈祷你爸别再给我安排什么工作了 |
[12:15] | I’m gonna have to dump more work on her. | 我得再给她安排点事做才行 |
[12:18] | She fluffed all the ruffles. | 她把所有褶皱都弄平了 |
[12:20] | That was supposed to keep her busy for the rest of the week. | 这些本来该够她忙一个星期的了 |
[12:23] | Now I’m gonna have to find something else for her to do. | 现在我又得找些别的事给她做才行 |
[12:24] | You can do it, rock star. | 你能行的 摇滚明星 |
[12:25] | Well, I do what I can to make her happy. | 那当然 我会尽我所能让她开心的 |
[12:29] | So I finished the ruffle fluffing. | 我把那些褶皱都弄平了 |
[12:31] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[12:33] | So I don’t suppose you want something else to do. | 所以你应该不想再做这些事了吧 |
[12:36] | Sure, if you want. | 没事啊 如果你需要帮忙尽管说 |
[12:38] | Print the programs? | 那打印节目单 |
[12:40] | Age them, roll them all into scrolls? | 等墨干了以后 把它们卷起来可以吗 |
[12:42] | That’s the perfect use of my time. | 这些事交给我做真是太合适不过了 |
[12:46] | Ugh, trapped in a maze and can’t get out. | 唉 困在迷宫里出不来了 |
[12:54] | What do you want? | 你想干嘛 |
[12:57] | Avery, I realize that Wes is a good guy, and I was just jealous. | 艾芙莉 我觉得韦斯很好 我是因为嫉妒才做了那些事 |
[13:01] | I’m really sorry, but I think I may have fixed it. | 我很抱歉 但我想我已经弥补了我的过失了 |
[13:04] | Hi, Wes, it’s Avery’s cousin. | 你好 韦斯 我是艾芙莉表哥 |
[13:07] | Uh… Iago. | 呃 我叫伊阿古 |
[13:10] | Yeah, that’s my name. | 是 我就叫这个名 |
[13:12] | Iago? | 伊阿古吗 |
[13:14] | It’s Gaelic. | 是盖尔语啦 |
[13:15] | It means nothin’ weird goin’ on here. | 意思是这边一切正常 |
[13:17] | So anyhoo, I’m calling to tell | 总之 我打这个电话 |
[13:20] | you Avery had nothing to do with those photos. | 是为了告诉你 那些照片和艾芙莉一点关系都没有 |
[13:24] | I took them because I’m very protective of her. | 是我拍的 因为我总是想保护好她 |
[13:26] | And just so there’s no hard feelings, | 所以请你别见怪 |
[13:28] | I can cut you a deal on a couple of 8×10’s, | 我可以给你把照片裁几张13吋的 |
[13:30] | some wallet-sized, maybe a button. | 几张钱包大小的 再做一个徽章 |
[13:32] | The holidays are coming up. | 假期马上就要到啦 |
[13:35] | Did he believe you? | 他信你了吗 |
[13:36] | At first, yes. | 一开始信了 |
[13:38] | And then you kept talking. | 然后你们就继续聊下去了 |
[13:39] | Avery, please, I’m telling this story. | 艾芙莉 别打断 听我说下去 |
[13:42] | So anyway, then I kept talking. | 然后 我就继续和他聊 |
[13:45] | So I’ll take three buttons, | 那你给我做三个徽章 |
[13:47] | the 8×10, and a picture of me on the cover | 一张13吋的 再给我做一个 |
[13:50] | of sports hero magazine. | 我在《体育英雄》杂志上的封面照 |
[13:52] | That’s one of my biggest sellers. | 那个卖得最好了 |
[13:55] | So I’ll get all those to you next time you’re over here. | 下次你来的时候我把这些拿给你 |
[13:58] | Over where? | 来哪里 |
[13:59] | You know, at Avery’s. | 艾芙莉家啦 |
[14:01] | You’re staying at Avery’s? | 你住在艾芙莉家吗 |
[14:02] | I’m over there all the time, and she never mentioned you. | 我经常去 怎么从没见她提过你 |
[14:05] | What’s going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[14:08] | So you made him suspicious? | 也就是说你让他产生怀疑了吗 |
[14:09] | Don’t worry. I invited him over so we can talk it out in person. | 别担心 我邀请他过来 我们好好聊一聊 |
[14:14] | – Stan, why would you… – Shh. | -斯坦 你为什么 -嘘 |
[14:16] | Trust your dog. | 相信我 |
[14:20] | So when I come over, | 所以我去的时候 |
[14:22] | I can’t see you cause you’re gonna be in | 你因为在热气球追逐的过程中受伤了 |
[14:24] | a full-body cast from a hot air balloon chase | 浑身打满了石膏 没法见我 |
[14:26] | just like the one Avery and I recently saw in a movie. | 就像我和艾芙莉最近看的那部电影里一样 |
[14:29] | Yes. That is exactly what I just said. | 是的 就是这样 |
[14:32] | Full-body cast from head to tail… toe. | 全身石膏 从头到尾巴 是脚趾 |
[14:34] | Toe to tail. Head to tail. | 脚趾到尾巴 是从头到尾巴 |
[14:35] | Whoa, how’d it get back there? | 咦 怎么又给说回去了 |
[14:38] | For some reason, | 不知道为什么 |
[14:40] | that last thing made him even more suspicious. But don’t worry. | 最后那句话让他疑心更重了 不过别担心 |
[14:43] | We’ll clear it all up when he’s over here tonight | 等他今晚过来看到我浑身打满石膏 |
[14:45] | to see me in my full-body cast. | 一切就都解释清楚了 |
[14:47] | What?! Why would you invite him to come over tonight? | 天呐 你干嘛要喊他今晚过来 |
[14:50] | I couldn’t have him come over now. | 我总不能让他现在就来吧 |
[14:52] | I’m not in a full-body cast yet. | 我还没打石膏呢 |
[14:55] | Use your head, Avery. | 动脑子想一下想啊 艾芙莉 |
[14:56] | – Stan, I… – Shh. | -斯坦 我 -嘘 |
[15:03] | Well, that’s 300 scrolls. | 三百份都在这里了 |
[15:05] | They’ll be lucky if 60 people show up, but it’s fine, it’s fine. | 能有六十个人能来看演出就不错了 不过没关系 |
[15:09] | Up, down, up, down. | 向上 向下 向上 向下 |
[15:10] | You’re right, I’m like a puppet on a string. | 你说的对 我就像弦上的木偶一样 |
[15:12] | Dance, Pinocchio, dance. | 跳舞啊 匹诺曹 跳起来 |
[15:15] | Left, right, left, right, left, right. | 往左 往右 往左 往右 往左 往右 |
[15:17] | All right, Chloe, you made your point. | 行了 克洛伊 我懂你的意思 |
[15:18] | No need to belabor it. | 不用反复刺激我了 |
[15:20] | I’m just gonna tell your father that I can’t help him anymore. | 我待会儿就去告诉你爸 我帮不了他了 |
[15:23] | I need to get back to my novel. | 我得回去写我的小说去 |
[15:25] | When we last left Helen, | 我们上次讲到海伦 |
[15:26] | she was encaged in the zoo after having been | 被误认为是一只熊猫 |
[15:28] | mistaken for a panda and I need to rewrite that, | 被关进了动物园里 这段太差劲了 |
[15:31] | because it’s incredibly stupid. | 我得重写 |
[15:36] | I can’t believe your mother finished all these. | 真不敢相信你妈居然把这些都弄好了 |
[15:39] | This has gotta be like, 300. | 看上去差不多有三百份 |
[15:41] | We’ll be lucky if 60 people show up. | 能来六十个人就不错了 |
[15:44] | If another musical note drops from the sky, | 只要再有一个音符从天上掉下来的话 |
[15:47] | the drawbridge will open. | 吊桥就能打开了 |
[15:48] | You’re right, Chloe. | 你说得对 克洛伊 |
[15:50] | I should just tell her I don’t need her help. | 我应该告诉她我不需要她帮忙了 |
[15:52] | – I can’t help you anymore. – I don’t need your help anymore. | -我没法再帮你了 -我不需要你再帮忙了 |
[15:55] | You really get me. I love you so much. | 你真懂我 我太爱你了 |
[16:01] | Ew, gross! | 真恶心 |
[16:02] | Chloe, that’s not a very nice thing to say. | 克洛伊 这么说可是很不礼貌哦 |
[16:04] | I think she’s talking to the game. | 我觉得她是在对游戏说呢 |
[16:06] | No. No, I am not. | 没 不是对游戏说的 |
[16:13] | When Wes comes to meet lago… | 当韦斯来见伊阿古的时候 |
[16:15] | hey, that’s the name of my character… | 这可是我扮演的角色的名字 |
[16:17] | not important. | 这个不重要 |
[16:19] | We’ll need a full-body cast laying on the bed | 当斯坦在床下说话的时候 |
[16:21] | while Stan talks from under the bed. | 我们需要有个人躺在床上 |
[16:23] | So to make the plaster cast, | 所以为了做这个石膏模型 |
[16:25] | I just need to use your body as a mold. | 我想用你的身形来做模子 |
[16:27] | Only if I can fill it with grape juice after, | 只要我等会儿往里面灌满葡萄汁 |
[16:30] | and put it in the freezer to | 然后放进冷冻室 |
[16:31] | make a life-sized Tyler pop. Yeah, that’ll work. | 就能做个真人大小的泰勒棒冰了 就这么干 |
[16:36] | Oh, and I have to be at the | 对了 我今晚得去公园演戏 |
[16:37] | play in the park tonight, or I’ll let dad down. | 要不然老爸会失望的 |
[16:39] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[16:40] | I’ll cut you out in plenty of time to make it to the play. | 我会把你从模型里切出来 这样你就能去演戏了 |
[16:42] | And do I still get the life-sized Tyler pop? | 那我还能得到真人大小的泰勒棒冰吗 |
[16:44] | Well, this whole plan is | 当然啦 |
[16:46] | built on a foundation of lies, so sure, why not? | 反正整个计划就是一堆谎言构成的 有何不可 |
[16:48] | Sweet. | 太好了 |
[16:54] | What’s taking so long? The play’s gonna start soon. | 怎么花了这么长时间 演出就要开始了 |
[16:57] | I thought these clippers would be strong enough to cut it. | 我原以为这剪刀够锋利 能把这玩意儿切开的 |
[16:59] | Avery, if you don’t get me outta here right now, | 艾芙莉 要是你不马上把我放出来的话 |
[17:01] | I’ll never forgive you. | 我永远都不会原谅你的 |
[17:02] | Tyler, you let a 14-year-old girl put you in a full-body cast. | 泰勒 你让一个14岁的小女孩把你浑身打满了石膏 |
[17:06] | Shouldn’t you really be more mad at yourself? | 你不应该对自己生气嘛 |
[17:10] | Well, I got all Wes’ pictures. | 我把韦斯的照片都拿来了 |
[17:13] | He went for the back-to-school package, | 他想要的是返校套餐 |
[17:15] | but I’m only charging him for the value pack. | 但我只收他超值套餐的钱 |
[17:17] | See, that’s how you build repeat business. | 这样就有回头客了 |
[17:22] | Avery, that’s my phone. | 艾芙莉 我电话响了 |
[17:24] | It’s probably dad calling. Will you answer it? | 估计是老爸打来的 你能帮我接一下吗 |
[17:26] | I could, but I’m kind of in the middle of something. | 我倒是想啊 不过我正忙着呢 |
[17:28] | – Bigger fish. – Sharks, tuna, grouper. | -很重要的事 -鲨鱼 金枪鱼还是石斑鱼 |
[17:30] | Why would you ask me that? | 你干嘛问我这个 |
[17:32] | Don’t we have more important things to deal with? | 我们不是有更重要的事要忙嘛 |
[17:34] | Oh, cool, are you making Tyler pops? | 好酷啊 你们是在做泰勒棒冰吗 |
[17:37] | I heard this might be happening. | 我可是听说了哦 |
[17:39] | Get me out of this stupid cast. | 快把我从这石膏里放出来 |
[17:41] | And someone please answer my phone. | 拜托来个人帮我接一下电话 |
[17:44] | You got Chloe. | 我是克洛伊 |
[17:46] | That’s how they talk on TV. | 电视上的人都这么说话 |
[17:48] | Chloe, where’s Tyler? | 克洛伊 泰勒在哪 |
[17:50] | He’s one of the most important people in the cast. | 他可是戏里重要角色之一啊 |
[17:53] | I think he’s the only person in the cast. | 我还以为就他一个演员呢 |
[17:56] | Well, he may feel that way. I need to talk to him. | 他自己说不定也这么觉得 把电话给他 |
[17:59] | He can’t, he’s trying to get out of the cast. | 他接不了电话 他正在想方设法从石膏里出来呢 |
[18:02] | Chloe, he’s probably just nervous. | 克洛伊 他可能只是太紧张了 |
[18:03] | Tell Tyler he’ll do fine in this cast, | 告诉泰勒这次他会做的很好 |
[18:05] | and even better in the next one. | 而且往后下一个角色会越来越好 |
[18:07] | Tyler, daddy says when you get out of this cast, | 泰勒 老爸说你从这个石膏模型出来了之后 |
[18:09] | he’s gonna put you in another one. | 他要把你放进另外一个 |
[18:11] | Oh, man, he’s really mad at me for not being there. | 完了 我现在还没过去 老爸真的生气了 |
[18:15] | Tell him it’s not my fault. | 告诉他这不是我的错 |
[18:17] | He should blame the person who put me in this cast. | 他要怪就怪那个把我放进去的人 |
[18:18] | He said you should blame the person who put him in the cast. | 他说你应该怪带他进戏的那个人 |
[18:21] | I thought it would be good for him. | 我还以为演戏对他有好处呢 |
[18:23] | I guess I see how it would keep him out of trouble. | 我想我还是先看看怎么帮他摆脱烦恼吧 |
[18:26] | Just tell him I’m sorry. | 告诉他我很抱歉 |
[18:28] | I really thought he had the acting itch. | 我真的认为他很有表演天赋 |
[18:30] | Daddy’s sorry you had the itch. | 老爸听说你很痒感到很抱歉 |
[18:33] | I didn’t have an itch before you said it, | 你说之前我还不觉得痒 |
[18:35] | but now it’s all I can think about. | 但我现在想的全是这个 |
[18:37] | So itchy. | 痒死了 |
[18:40] | Your attention, please. | 请大家集中一下 |
[18:42] | Tyler is not coming. | 泰勒今天不来了 |
[18:43] | I will be playing Iago. | 将由我来扮演伊阿古 |
[18:46] | Waffles, I need you to stay close to me | 华夫饼男孩 你到时候离我近点 |
[18:48] | so I can read my lines off your back. | 这样我才好念你背上的台词 |
[18:53] | My gosh, Wes is here. | 天呐 韦斯来了 |
[18:54] | You have to stay in the cast until he leaves. | 你得一直在这模型里待到他走为止 |
[18:56] | I’m not playing along. | 我才不要就这么待着呢 |
[18:57] | I’ll make noise, I’ll say things, | 我要制造噪音 我要说话 |
[18:59] | I’ll tell him I’m not really Iago. | 我要告诉他我不是真的伊阿古 |
[19:01] | If you blow this for me, Tyler pops will never be fully realized. | 要是你给我弄砸了 泰勒棒冰你就别想了 |
[19:04] | They’ll remain a beautiful, life-sized, | 到时候它们会变成个漂亮的 和你一样大的 |
[19:07] | ice-cold purple apparition that taunts you from afar. | 冰冷的紫色幽灵在远处嘲笑你 |
[19:10] | Curse me for daring to dream big. | 我有远大梦想难道错了吗 |
[19:16] | Wes, this is my cousin lago. | 韦斯 这是我表哥伊阿古 |
[19:18] | Wow, guess you weren’t lying about the body cast. | 看来你说你全身打石膏还真不是假的 |
[19:21] | Of course I wasn’t lying. | 我当然没骗你啦 |
[19:23] | Who would lie about being in a body cast, | 谁会在自己全身打石膏啊 |
[19:25] | or being a photographer, or being human? | 成为摄影师啊 或者是个人啊这种事上撒谎呢 |
[19:28] | Not this guy. | 当然不是这个人啦 |
[19:30] | Okay, so how did this really happen, | 好吧 这到底是怎么回事 |
[19:32] | ’cause I know it wasn’t in a hot air balloon chase. | 因为我知道你并不是真的去参与了热气球追逐 |
[19:34] | No, of course not. | 当然不是 |
[19:36] | He just tells people that | 他之所以这么告诉别人 |
[19:37] | because what really happened was too embarrassing. | 是因为他觉得很丢人 |
[19:39] | You know how people slip on banana peels in cartoons? | 你知道动画片里人们都是怎么踩到香蕉皮然后滑倒的吧 |
[19:41] | That is what he did. | 他就是这么摔的 |
[19:43] | I was watching one of those cartoons, | 我当时正在看动画片 |
[19:46] | and I laughed so hard, I fell off my roof. | 我笑的太狠了 从房顶上摔了下来 |
[19:48] | Well, there you have it. | 然后你就成这样了 |
[19:50] | You’re probably wondering why I was watching cartoons on the roof | 你一定好奇我干嘛要在房顶上看吧 |
[19:52] | Nobody’s wondering that. | 没人好奇这个 |
[19:55] | It’s the only way I can see my neighbor’s TV. | 因为只有这样我才能看到邻居家的电视 |
[19:58] | And that explains everything. | 所以就成了现在这样 |
[20:01] | You see, my TV broke in a hot air balloon chase. | 我的电视在热气球比赛中摔坏了 |
[20:04] | Really? | 真是这样吗 |
[20:06] | Okay, Avery, I think I see what’s going on here. | 艾芙莉 我知道是怎么回事了 |
[20:09] | – You do? – Your cousin is a loon. | -真的吗 -你表哥是个笨蛋 |
[20:12] | No, I’m not. | 不 我才不是呢 |
[20:14] | A loon is a Canadian bird. I’m an American human. | 潜鸟是一种加拿大鸟 我可是个美国人 |
[20:18] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[20:21] | I think I just have to accept if I’m gonna be with you, | 看来如果我想跟你在一起的话 |
[20:23] | that crazy things are gonna happen. | 就不得不坦然接受那些疯狂的事情 |
[20:25] | Would you? That would make things so much easier. | 真的吗 那真是太好了 一切就简单啦 |
[20:31] | So I’ll meet you at the park later for the play. | 那等会儿我们公园见 一起看表演 |
[20:34] | Ah, don’t forget your pictures. | 对了 别忘了你的照片 |
[20:36] | Tell your friends. | 告诉你的朋友们 |
[20:38] | Your face on a throw pillow. | 你的脸印在了抱枕上 |
[20:40] | Perfect for grandma. | 特别适合奶奶 |
[20:42] | I’ll see you at the park. | 待会儿公园见 |
[20:44] | And I’ll take two pillows. | 我要两个枕头 |
[20:47] | I’ve got two grandmas. | 因为我有两个奶奶 |
[20:51] | I’m really sorry about everything, Avery. | 艾芙莉 我对之前发生的一切感到抱歉 |
[20:53] | I don’t know how I let my jealousy get the best of me. | 我也不知道我怎么就让嫉妒冲昏了头脑 |
[20:57] | Don’t worry, Stan. | 斯坦 别担心 |
[20:57] | No boy is ever gonna replace you. | 你在我心中的位置永远无可取代 |
[21:00] | Yeah, that’s real nice, but I’ve got bigger problems right now. | 这样太好了 不过我现在还有个更大的麻烦 |
[21:05] | I have no idea how to put | 我不知道怎么把照片弄到枕头上去 |
[21:06] | photos on pillows and two memas are counting on me. | 还有两个老太太的快乐就指望着我呢 |
[21:10] | You’ve got problems? The play is gonna start any minute. | 你还有麻烦啊 我的戏剧随时都会开始呢 |
[21:14] | I have to get out of here. | 我怎么都得从这里出来 |
[21:16] | Tyler, wait. We’ll get dad’s tools from the garage. | 泰勒 等一下 我去车库拿爸爸的工具来 |
[21:27] | That’ll work, too. | 这样也行 |
[21:30] | When you care about someone, you have to trust that person. | 当你在乎某个人的同时 你也要相信他 |
[21:34] | And if it’s someone like Avery, or in Bennett’s case, Tyler, | 像艾芙莉 或是在班尼特那件事中的泰勒这样的人 |
[21:37] | they’ll come through for you. | 他们都会为你挺身而出 |
[21:39] | Yep, Tyler made it to the play in time. | 泰勒还是赶上了演出 |
[21:41] | And Bennett won rave reviews for his radical reimagining | 班尼特也因他把伊阿古这个角色彻底重塑成了一个幽灵 |
[21:43] | of Iago as a ghost. | 而获得了一致好评 |
[21:54] | Tyler even got his Tyler pop. | 泰勒甚至得到了他的泰勒棒冰 |
[22:00] | Although someone ate the head. | 尽管有人把头给吃了 |
[22:04] | And Chloe really came through for Ellen | 克洛伊还真给艾伦帮了不少忙 |
[22:06] | When she needed help with her novel. | 尤其是当她写小说遇到困难的时候 |
[22:08] | Helen is stuck on a snow-covered island in Finland, | 海伦被困在了一个冰雪覆盖的芬兰小岛上 |
[22:11] | try to uncover a 50-year-old mystery, but what did she find? | 试图去揭开尘封了五十年的秘密 她到底发现了什么呢 |
[22:15] | – A unicorn. – Perfect. | – 一个独角兽 -完美 |