时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | What did you do to Charlie Potatoes? | 你对我的查豆豆做了什么 |
[00:09] | Oh, right. | 哦 这个啊 |
[00:12] | That is actually a really funny story, | 如果你不是查豆豆的话 |
[00:14] | if you’re not Charlie Potatoes. | 其实是件很有意思的事儿 |
[00:16] | Last night, you had pizza, | 昨晚 你吃了披萨 |
[00:17] | so Charlie smelled like cheese and pepperoni. | 所以查豆豆身上带着奶酪和香肠味儿 |
[00:21] | One thing led to another, I chewed on him, | 就这样 我嚼他来着 |
[00:23] | fell asleep, had that dream about a car chasing me… | 之后我睡着了 梦见了一辆汽车追着我 |
[00:28] | …which is all sorts of | 当你细想并且不生气时 |
[00:30] | ironic when you think about it… and aren’t mad. | 听起来还是有点儿意思的 |
[00:34] | Cuddling Charlie Potatoes is how I get to sleep, | 搂着查豆豆我才能睡着 |
[00:37] | and I need to sleep so I can dream about fairies and unicorns. | 只有我睡着了才能梦到精灵和独角兽 |
[00:41] | I don’t get to see those in the daytime. | 白天我可没法见到这些 |
[00:43] | Wow, I really feel terrible, Chloe. | 喔 我真的很抱歉 克洛伊 |
[00:45] | What can I do to make it up to you? | 我要怎么做才能补偿你呢 |
[00:48] | I’ll take your favorite toy… Robert. | 我要拿走你最爱的玩具 罗伯特 |
[00:53] | That’s funny because… Robert, hide! | 有意思 罗伯特 快藏起来 |
[00:57] | I felt really bad about Charlie Potatoes. | 对查豆豆事件我也很难过 |
[01:00] | I’m sure Chloe was just joking about Robert, though. | 我相信克洛伊说要拿走罗伯特只是开玩笑 |
[01:03] | But just to be safe, he’s gonna lay low with some friends | 但是安全起见 还是让他先躲起来 |
[01:05] | till the heat’s off. | 避避风头吧 |
[01:25] | Did you guys hear what the theme is for the eighth grade dance? | 你们知道八年级舞会的主题是什么吗 |
[01:28] | It’s “Avery hasn’t been asked yet,” That’s what it is. | 是还没有人邀请艾芙莉吧 就是这个了 |
[01:31] | No, I think it’s “Under the sea.” | 不 我觉得是海洋之下 |
[01:33] | I know it’s “Under the sea.” | 我知道是海洋之下 |
[01:35] | The point is, I have no one to go with. | 我想说的是 还没有人邀请我一起去 |
[01:38] | I’m gonna look ridiculous in my mermaid costume | 我穿着美人鱼服装 却没有水手来挽着我的胳膊 |
[01:40] | without a sailor on my arm. | 看起来会很滑稽的 |
[01:41] | You know it’s not a costume dance. | 你知道那不是变装舞会吧 |
[01:43] | I am really glad we had this conversation. | 我很开心我们讨论了这些 |
[01:46] | I hate dances. | 我讨厌跳舞 |
[01:48] | I’m waiting for a guy who hates dances, too, | 我在等那个同样讨厌跳舞的人 |
[01:50] | to ask me so we can spend the night going, “Ugh, I hate dances… | 来邀请我那天晚上跟我一起感叹 啊 我讨厌跳舞 |
[01:54] | “And organized sports, and musical theater. | 还有团体运动 还有音乐剧 |
[01:57] | We have so much in common.” | 我们有很多共同点啊 |
[02:00] | What was I thinking, breaking up with Tony right before the dance? | 我为什么会想在舞会前跟托尼分手呢 |
[02:03] | I was thinking, I cannot spend another minute | 是因为我实在受不了 |
[02:05] | with someone who calls hot chocolate “Hot chocky.” | 再听到他把热巧克力叫热巧巧 |
[02:07] | Pardon me. I couldn’t help overhearing, | 打扰一下 我不经意听到了 |
[02:09] | because I was eavesdropping; that’s the whole point. | 其实是我在偷听 重点是 |
[02:13] | I am prepared to escort any one of you to the dance. | 我已经准备好陪同你们中的任意一位去参加舞会 |
[02:15] | It matters not which. | 是哪位其实不重要 |
[02:17] | I understand you’ve never asked anyone out before, | 我知道你以前从未邀请过任何人 |
[02:19] | but have you at least seen it in a movie? | 但是难道你没有在电影里看到过怎样邀请别人吗 |
[02:22] | I realize I can be strong coffee, | 我知道我很棒 |
[02:25] | but in an effort to make friends, | 但是在努力交友这方面 |
[02:28] | I will endeavor to ameliorate that. | 我会努力做到更好的 |
[02:30] | Why do you suddenly wanna make friends? | 你为什么突然想交朋友了 |
[02:32] | For the same reason everyone does. | 和所有人的理由一样 |
[02:34] | To have someone say “How terribly droll” | 有个人在我说出诙谐妙语时 |
[02:36] | when I toss of a witty bon mot. | 会赞叹我 你太幽默了 |
[02:39] | That’s not why most kids want friends. | 这可不是大多数小孩儿交朋友的原因 |
[02:41] | Well, the masses are wrong again. | 好吧 大家又一次错了 |
[02:43] | Quelle surprise! | 多么震惊啊 |
[02:46] | Oh, my gosh. | 哦 天呐 |
[02:47] | What if Karl is the best we can do? | 如果卡尔是我们最好的选择怎么办 |
[02:50] | Then we’d have to cue some teen movie makeover music, | 那我们只好找些青春电影音乐 |
[02:52] | and turn that zero to hero. Girls, are you with me? On three. | 把他从菜鸟训练成男神 姑娘们 同意吗 来吧 |
[02:56] | I’m totally kidding. | 我在开玩笑啊 |
[02:57] | Lindsay, pull your hand back. | 琳赛 把手拿回去 |
[03:02] | All right, Bennett, Upton Carriage House is on. | 好了 班尼特 《阿普顿马厩》开演了 |
[03:06] | You ready to watch our show? | 准备好看我们的电视剧了吗 |
[03:07] | You always say we have to watch it together, | 你总说我们要一起看的 |
[03:10] | and then you fall asleep within the first five minutes. | 然后你每次会在五分钟内睡着 |
[03:12] | I really wanna find out why Lady Kensington | 我真的很想知道为什么肯辛顿夫人 |
[03:14] | wasn’t wearing her white gloves at high tea. | 在喝傍晚茶的时候没有戴着她的白手套 |
[03:17] | It sent shock waves through the carriage house. | 这事儿在整个马厩引起了巨大的轰动啊 |
[03:19] | Well, excuse me if I’m tired | 好吧 不好意思 |
[03:21] | after taking care of the house and kids all day. | 我每天都要打扫房子照顾孩子 太累了 |
[03:23] | I should have a staff of | 我需要一些 |
[03:24] | maids and butlers catering to my every will. | 女佣和男佣来满足我的每一个愿望 |
[03:27] | I know if I trace my ancestry back far enough, I’d find royalty. | 如果追溯一下我们家族的历史 应该能跟皇家扯上关系 |
[03:30] | Why else do I have this instinct to look down my nose at commoners? | 不然为什么我总会有要俯视平民的直觉呢 |
[03:33] | Look, I just wanna watch our show together. | 听着 我只想一起看我们的电视剧 |
[03:36] | Otherwise, it’s just my show. | 不然的话 就是我一个人的剧了 |
[03:39] | And if it were my show, it’d be sports. | 如果是我一个人的话 我会看体育节目的 |
[03:43] | Mommy, daddy. | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[03:45] | I can’t sleep without Charlie Potatoes. | 没有查豆豆我睡不着 |
[03:47] | Can one of you come lay down with me? | 你们俩谁能来跟我一起睡 |
[03:50] | I’ll lay down with you, sweetie, | 我可以和你一起睡啊 宝贝儿 |
[03:52] | even though it’s probably beneath my station. | 虽然也许会有失我的身份 |
[03:53] | It’s fine, it’s fine. | 没什么 没什么 |
[03:55] | Bennett, don’t watch without me, | 班尼特 不要一个人看哦 |
[03:57] | or we’re getting separate dvr’s. You know what that leads to. | 不然咱俩就得分别用录像机录节目 你知道那意味着什么 |
[03:59] | Oh, yeah, being able to record what I want | 哦 当然 录下我喜欢看的 |
[04:01] | and watch when I want. Ooh, what a nightmare. | 想看的时候看 天啊 噩梦啊 |
[04:05] | Hey, great news, dad. | 好消息 爸爸 |
[04:07] | I’m gonna be deejaying the eighth grade dance on Friday. | 这周五我要当八年级舞会的DJ了 |
[04:10] | It’s gonna be my first paying deejay gig. I hope it goes well. | 这是我第一次现场DJ 希望一切顺利 |
[04:13] | Goes well? Aren’t you just | 顺利 你不是只需要 |
[04:14] | plugging into your equipment and pressing play? | 插上电源然后按下播放键吗 |
[04:17] | You’re making deejaying sound way easier than it actually is. | DJ工作可比你说的要复杂多了 |
[04:20] | There’s a whole art to bending pitch, | 这可是个需要调节音高 |
[04:22] | matching beats, and creating a sonic landscape. | 配合节奏 制造一场听觉盛宴的艺术活动 |
[04:25] | Plus, I put my hands in the air, | 还有 我还要举起双手 |
[04:26] | and wave ’em like I just don’t care. | 看起来满不在乎地向大家招手 |
[04:28] | The truth is, I do care a little, and that’s the hard part. | 事实上 我挺在乎的 这才是最难的部分 |
[04:34] | Oh, I guess your mom’s down for the night. | 看来你妈今晚是起不来了 |
[04:37] | And I can’t watch Upton Carriage House. | 《阿普顿马厩》我也看不下去 |
[04:39] | I guess you and I could sit and talk for a while, huh? | 咱俩能不能坐下来聊一会儿 |
[04:43] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[04:53] | – Good night, son. – Good night, dad. | -晚安 儿子 -晚安 爸爸 |
[04:58] | Hey, I overheard about the deejay gig, Ty. | 我刚才听到你要做现场DJ 泰勒 |
[05:01] | Very cool. | 挺酷啊 |
[05:02] | So who repped you in the negosh? | 谁代表你进行协商的 |
[05:04] | That’s music biz lingo for negotiation. | 这是音乐商业术语里的协商的意思 |
[05:06] | Biz is short for Byzantium… I think. | 商业是拜占庭的缩写 我猜的 |
[05:09] | Pretty sure. | 我挺确定 |
[05:11] | Might have to look that up. | 也许应该查查 |
[05:13] | What negotiation? | 什么协商 |
[05:15] | They offered me $20 to play the dance. | 他们付我二十块钱让我给舞会放音乐 |
[05:17] | I said, are you kidding? I’d do it for free. | 我说 你们开玩笑吗 免费我都愿意 |
[05:19] | So you’re doin’ it for free. | 所以你是免费做啊 |
[05:20] | I’m also paying for my own ticket. | 我还自己买了张票呢 |
[05:23] | You see, this is why you need me to step in as your manager. | 看看 这就是你需要我做你经纪人的原因 |
[05:26] | I’ll get you a better “D,” | 我会给你争取一个更好的交 |
[05:28] | which is short for “Dealie-o,” | 也就是交易的简称 |
[05:31] | which is long for “Deal.” | 也就是交易的全称 |
[05:35] | So I just got off the phone with the assistant principal, | 我刚和副校长通了电话 |
[05:37] | and the good news is, you’re not working for low money, | 好消息是 你不用为了那么点儿钱工作 |
[05:39] | and you don’t have to buy your own ticket to the dance. | 你也不用自己买入场劵 |
[05:42] | Yes! | 真棒 |
[05:43] | The bad news is, you’re fired, | 坏消息是 你被解雇了 |
[05:44] | and I lied to you about not | 而且关于你不用买入场劵 |
[05:45] | having to buy your own ticket to the dance. | 去参加舞会的事情 我撒谎了 |
[05:48] | What? | 什么 |
[05:50] | Don’t blame yourself. | 别太责怪自己了 |
[05:51] | Could’ve happened to anyone. | 大家都会遇到这种事情的 |
[05:53] | But I might have to drop you as a client. Toots. | 但是你这个客户我必须放弃了 突突 |
[05:55] | Is that short for “Toodle-oo”? | 那是再会了的简称吗 |
[05:57] | No, I farted. | 不 是我放屁了 |
[06:01] | Lindsay, congratulations. | 琳赛 恭喜 |
[06:03] | I heard that Peter Murphy asked you to the dance. | 我听说彼特·墨菲邀请你舞会了 |
[06:05] | Oh, yeah, but then I broke up with him. | 哦 是的 但是之后我和他分手了 |
[06:07] | He’s really cute, but he’s always doing cartwheels, | 他很可爱 但是他总是翻跟头 |
[06:08] | and he’s not even on the gymnastics team. | 而且他不是体操队的 |
[06:10] | – Yes, he is. – Oh. Well, even so. | -他是体操队的啊 -哦 这样啊 我还是受不了 |
[06:13] | So word on the rumor mill is Wes is going to ask you to the dance. | 有传言说韦斯会邀请你去参加舞会 |
[06:17] | I’ve been wanting him to ask me out for months. | 我已经等他来约我好几个月了 |
[06:21] | What if he does? What would I say? | 如果他真的邀请了 我该说些什么呢 |
[06:23] | I’d say yes, but how would I say it? | 我会说我愿意 但是我要怎么说呢 |
[06:24] | “Wes, would I? | 韦斯 我可以吗 |
[06:27] | Yes. Oh, my gosh, yes! Yes, yes, yes!” | 我愿意 哦 天呐 我愿意 我愿意 我愿意 我愿意 |
[06:31] | Too big? | 太大声了 |
[06:33] | You may wanna leave yourself | 你如果中了彩票 |
[06:34] | some head room in case you win the lottery. | 声音会比这个还大吗 |
[06:38] | Hey, Avery. | 艾芙莉 |
[06:39] | – Super casual. – What? | -要超镇静 -什么 |
[06:41] | That was more for me. I meant, hey, Wes. | 这才是我 我是说 你好 韦斯 |
[06:44] | Would you guys like to get going? | 你们不是要走了吗 |
[06:46] | Would I? Yes. | 是吗 是的 |
[06:47] | Oh, my gosh, yes, yes, yes, yes. | 哦 天呐 是的 是的 是的 是的 |
[06:52] | Avery, would you like to go to the dance with me? | 艾芙莉 你愿意和我我一起去舞会吗 |
[06:55] | Yes! Super casual. | 很好 很镇静 |
[06:57] | – Sure. – Great. I’m looking forward to it. | -当然 -太棒了 很期待哦 |
[07:00] | Me, too. Everyone’s meeting at my house beforehand. | 我也是 那咱们舞会前我家见 |
[07:02] | I’ll see you there. I hope you like dancing as much as I do. | 好的 我希望你和我一样喜欢跳舞 |
[07:07] | It’s a little better to music. | 有音乐的时候我会跳的更好 |
[07:09] | Yeah, it was still pretty good. | 哦 已经很棒了 |
[07:12] | I’d show you my moves, but I’m a little exhausted. | 我也想给你跳几步 但是我有点儿累了 |
[07:15] | Last night, my crew and I | 昨晚 我跟队员们 |
[07:16] | were dance battling to save a local rec center. | 为了挽救一个附近的健身中心跟人斗舞来着 |
[07:20] | This is gonna be fun. I’ll see you later. | 会很有意思的 到时候见 |
[07:23] | Did you guys see that? He loves to dance. | 你们看见了吗 他爱跳舞 |
[07:26] | You know I can’t dance. | 你们知道我不会跳舞 |
[07:33] | Sorry, mister… | 对不起 那个 |
[07:34] | – Hayden. – Hayden. | -海登 -海登老师 |
[07:37] | That was the best I’ve ever danced. | 这已经是我跳得最好的一回了 |
[07:40] | I finally have my first date with Wes, | 我终于等到韦斯来约我了 |
[07:42] | and I’m gonna make a total fool out of myself. | 但是我可能会出洋相 |
[07:44] | I thought we were just gonna hang out by the snacks and talk. | 我以为我们可以只是吃些小吃聊聊天的 |
[07:46] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办啊 |
[07:48] | You have time to practice. | 你还有时间练习 |
[07:50] | And a place to practice now | 还有练习的地方呢 |
[07:51] | that you and your crew saved the rec center. | 也就是你和你队员拯救的健身中心 |
[07:58] | Bro, I got my gig back. | 哥们儿 我又能做DJ了 |
[08:00] | Yes! As your new co-deejay, I could not be more thrilled. | 太棒了 作为你新的副手 我太激动了 |
[08:03] | You’re not my co-deejay. | 你不是我的副手 |
[08:05] | I guess you didn’t read the fine print | 看来你签那几份经纪合同的时候 |
[08:07] | when you signed those management contracts. | 没有仔细读上面的条款啊 |
[08:08] | I didn’t sign anything. | 我什么也没签 |
[08:10] | Are you saying this isn’t your signature? | 你是说这不是你的签名吗 |
[08:13] | That’s your paw print. | 那是你的爪印 |
[08:15] | Of course it is. | 当然 |
[08:16] | You gave me power of attorney when you signed this. | 你签了这份委托书给我授权了 |
[08:19] | So… for costumes, what do you think, | 那么 关于服装 你是怎么想的 |
[08:21] | sequins or lightning bolts? | 亮片还是闪球 |
[08:23] | – What? – I’ll figure it out. | -什么 -我再想想 |
[08:25] | I’ll figure it out. | 我会想出办法的 |
[08:41] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[08:43] | I’m just trying to dance like you. | 我只是在像你一样跳舞啊 |
[08:45] | You’re dancing like when I was two, | 你跳的像两岁时的我 |
[08:47] | and I had to go to the bathroom. | 当时我正想去上厕所 |
[08:49] | And even with a full diaper, I was better than that. | 即使纸尿裤全湿了 我也跳的比你好 |
[08:52] | Tyler, this dance is gonna be my first date with Wes. | 泰勒 这将是我和韦斯的第一次约会 |
[08:55] | I can’t embarrass myself. | 我不能搞砸 |
[08:56] | You have to teach me to dance. | 你得教教我怎么跳舞 |
[08:58] | I don’t dance. I rock out. | 我不跳舞 我随着音乐舞动 |
[09:01] | You don’t teach that, it just happens. | 这没法教 它很自然 |
[09:02] | Teach me how to make it just happen. | 那教教我怎么自然地舞动 |
[09:04] | I’m pretty sure that would involve you | 我很肯定只有你 |
[09:06] | living your entire life up to now completely differently. | 过上完全不同的生活才能做到 |
[09:10] | Excuse me. I was lying in wait, so I couldn’t help overhearing. | 打扰一下 我一直在外面等着 所以不小心听到了 |
[09:13] | What are you doing here, Karl? | 你来这儿做什么 卡尔 |
[09:15] | I heard music, and I assumed you were having a party | 我听到了音乐声 我猜你们在聚会 |
[09:18] | and didn’t invite me, so I came. | 而且没有邀请我 所以我就来了 |
[09:20] | Looking for someone to teach you to dance? Check this. | 在找人教你跳舞吗 看这个 |
[09:32] | Karl finally did it. | 卡尔终于做到了 |
[09:34] | He built a robot that looks exactly like him, | 他造了一个和他长得一模一样的机器人 |
[09:37] | and programmed him to dance. | 而且还能跳舞 |
[09:38] | Now you’ve hurt my feelings. | 你太伤人了 |
[09:40] | Oh, my gosh. It’s self-aware. | 哦 天呐 它还能自我感知 |
[09:44] | I cannot believe that I’m about to say these words, | 不敢相信我会说这些 |
[09:46] | but, Karl, can you teach me to dance like you do? | 但是 卡尔 你能教我像你一样跳舞吗 |
[09:49] | For a price. I understand you and your friends | 作为交换 我知道你和你的朋友们 |
[09:52] | are going to the dance as a group. | 要一起去舞会 |
[09:54] | As I told you, | 如我之前所说 |
[09:55] | I am seeking friendship so I wish to be included. | 我正在寻找友谊 所以我希望能融入你们的小团体 |
[09:57] | – You wanna be our friend? – Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | -你想做我们的朋友 -哦 不是 不是 不是 不是 |
[09:59] | I wanna be seen as good friend | 我想被人们看作 |
[10:01] | material to attract others better than you. | 当好朋友的料 以吸引比你们更好的人做朋友 |
[10:03] | I require nothing more than for you to circle around me | 我只是要求你们环绕在我四周 |
[10:06] | as though I’m the center of your universe | 仿佛我是你们这个小宇宙的中心一般 |
[10:07] | and for you to hang on to my every word. | 而且你们要仔细聆听我每一句话 |
[10:09] | That’s not gonna happen. | 那是不可能的 |
[10:11] | Can I still please go with you guys? | 我至少能和你们一起去舞会吗 |
[10:13] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:14] | You know, Karl, instead of having to make deals like this, | 你知道吗 卡尔 与其这样与我们做交易 |
[10:17] | you can just be nice and chill, and people would like you. | 你完全可以和蔼可亲些 这样大家会喜欢你的 |
[10:21] | I envy how easily the baser skills come to simple minds. | 我真羡慕你这样能想出糟糕主意的简单大脑 |
[10:24] | It is pretty great. | 确实挺棒的 |
[10:27] | This coffee is not enough. | 这点咖啡不顶用 |
[10:29] | I barely slept last night in Chloe’s room. | 昨晚我在克洛伊房间就没怎么睡 |
[10:31] | Her bed was so small, I slept on the floor. | 她的床太小了 我只好睡在地上 |
[10:33] | I woke up with carpet face. | 醒来的时候我的脸贴着地毯 |
[10:35] | When will it go away? | 这个什么时候才能下去 |
[10:37] | So we’re not watching Upton Carriage House? | 所以我们今晚不看电视剧了 |
[10:41] | No, we’re going to watch it. | 不 我们一定要看 |
[10:42] | I’m staying up; I am determined. | 我要坚持 我已经下定决心了 |
[10:57] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[10:59] | Honey! | 亲爱的 |
[11:07] | – Mommy. – Yes, sweetie, what is it? | -妈妈 -在 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[11:10] | I can’t sleep without you. | 没有你我睡不着 |
[11:13] | You’re my new Charlie Potatoes. | 你是我新的查豆豆 |
[11:14] | Come sleep with me, mommy Potatoes. | 来和我一起睡 妈咪豆豆 |
[11:20] | Okay, sweetie, daddy’s gonna watch upton carriage house | 好的 亲爱的 爸爸要看电视剧了 |
[11:24] | while you curl up next to mommy and get some sleep, okay? | 你靠着妈妈睡一会儿 好吗 |
[11:27] | Yay! | 好的 |
[11:31] | Oh, I am gonna pay for watching this without her. | 哦 我会为没有和她一起看而付出代价的 |
[11:35] | But, like Derek, the bold upton stable boy, | 但是 我要像大胆的阿普顿马童德里克一样 |
[11:38] | I’m gonna live for today. | 活在当下 |
[11:45] | Oh, Derek! | 哦 德里克 |
[11:48] | This does not bode well for me. | 这可不是个好兆头 |
[11:55] | Hello, friend. Can I call you that? | 你好 朋友 我可以这么叫你吗 |
[11:57] | I’m trying to make new friends, | 我在试着交些新朋友 |
[11:58] | and hoping to trade on your popularity. | 希望能利用你的知名度 |
[12:02] | Perhaps I can be the friend who tells it like it is. | 也许我可以做那种实话实说的诤友 |
[12:04] | That band on your shirt is passe. | 你衣服上那个乐队已经过时了 |
[12:06] | Aren’t I just a breath of fresh air? | 我是不是给你们带来了一丝清爽 |
[12:09] | You’re Avery’s neighbor, right? | 你是艾芙莉的邻居 是吗 |
[12:11] | Oh, Avery and I are more than neighbors, especially lately, | 哦 艾芙莉和我可不止是邻居 尤其是近期以来 |
[12:14] | since I’ve been going to her house every evening | 自从我每晚去她家之后 |
[12:16] | and… I’m not sure if she wants me to say. | 呃 我不知道她愿意不愿意让我说这些 |
[12:18] | Are you guys studying together? | 你们是在一起学习吗 |
[12:20] | Studying? No. | 学习 不是的 |
[12:22] | Let’s just say you may have a surprise in store come dance night. | 这么说吧 你会在舞会当晚大吃一惊的 |
[12:25] | I’ve said too much. | 我说得太多了 |
[12:27] | I was just thinking that about two seconds after you sat down. | 你刚坐下两秒钟我就有这种感觉了 |
[12:31] | Now that we’re friends, | 现在我们是朋友了 |
[12:33] | maybe you can tell some people how nice and chill I am. | 也许你可以告诉大家我是多么亲切友好 |
[12:35] | Oh, and tell people I’m going to the dance with Avery. | 哦 还有告诉大家我会和艾芙莉一起去舞会 |
[12:37] | That’ll help my popularity, too. | 那也会提升我的声望的 |
[12:39] | Pound it out… amongst yourselves. I don’t touch. | 在你们之间传起来吧 我就不掺和了 |
[12:45] | Okay, you ready? | 好的 你准备好了吗 |
[12:47] | I’m ready. What do you guys wanna show me? | 我准备好了 你们要给我看什么 |
[12:53] | So, what do you think of our deejay costumes? | 那么 你觉得我们的DJ服装怎么样 |
[12:56] | You look like you’re fighting crime in a 1970’s roller rink. | 你们看起来像是上世纪七十年代在溜冰场打击犯罪的人 |
[12:59] | Nailed it! | 说对了 |
[13:01] | Tough and groovy. That’s what I was going for. | 强硬而时髦 就是我想追求的效果 |
[13:04] | Why do you think I had it sewn on to our butts? | 不然我为什么要把这个缝在我们的屁股上 |
[13:09] | Why does my butt have to be groovy? | 为什么我的屁股上要缝着时髦 |
[13:11] | Because my butt is tough. | 因为我的屁股很坚硬啊 |
[13:15] | Stan, come up with something else. | 斯坦 再想想别的主意吧 |
[13:17] | All right, we can switch, | 好吧 咱们可以换啊 |
[13:18] | but I don’t think you’ll fit in my pants. | 但是我觉得你穿不上我的裤子 |
[13:20] | My butt is also tiny! | 我的屁股很小哦 |
[13:23] | Why did I sign those papers? | 我为什么要签那些合同呢 |
[13:26] | Stan, I’m so nervous. | 斯坦 我太紧张了 |
[13:28] | If tomorrow’s dance doesn’t go well, | 如果明天的舞会不顺利 |
[13:30] | Wes and I will never end up together. | 韦斯和我就没法在一起了 |
[13:32] | I’ll grow old and lonely. | 我会孤老终生 |
[13:33] | A desperate librarian with one of those pixie haircuts | 一个没有男人喜欢的 留着精灵头的 |
[13:36] | that just pushes men away. | 绝望的图书管理员 |
[13:38] | As one half of a very popular deejay duo, I have to say, | 作为一个知名DJ组合的半壁江山 我必须要说 |
[13:43] | dance like no one’s watching, sing like no one’s listening, | 去跳吧 就如同没有人在看 去唱吧 就如同没有人在听 |
[13:47] | and repeat cliches like no one’s original. | 去重复那些陈腔滥调吧 就像没有人会原创 |
[13:51] | Knockety-knockety. | 开门 开门 |
[13:53] | Oh, look, your dog is wearing an exact replica | 哦 快看 你的狗刚好穿着 |
[13:56] | of mother’s old roller derby costume. | 我妈妈滑旱冰比赛服装的仿版 |
[13:57] | She was known as Queen Kong, due both to her muscular bulk, | 她以“金刚皇后”闻名江湖 因为她的肌肉发达 |
[14:02] | and the fact that she once scaled a skyscraper. | 而且真的爬过摩天楼 |
[14:04] | It’s not weird. | 一点都不奇怪 |
[14:06] | I’m pretty sure if you image-searched “Weird,” | 我很确定如果你在脑海中搜索奇怪这个词 |
[14:09] | a picture of that would come up. | 那幅画面就会出现 |
[14:11] | Toots. | 放一个 |
[14:14] | Now can we please get started on my lesson? | 现在我们可以开始我的舞蹈课了吗 |
[14:17] | The dance is tomorrow night, and I’m so nervous. | 舞会就在明晚了 我很紧张 |
[14:19] | Oh, Avery, you have every reason to be. | 哦 艾芙莉 你当然会紧张 |
[14:25] | Let’s see your progress. | 我们来看看你的进步 |
[14:45] | Well, I didn’t avert my | 好吧 我没法移开我的 |
[14:46] | eyes and experience a sensation of nausea. | 眼睛并且感到恶心 |
[14:49] | There’s a threshold I didn’t think we’d cross. | 我觉得我们还是有很大差距 |
[14:52] | Now the one subject we haven’t covered yet is slow dancing. | 还有一项我们没有练习的就是慢舞 |
[15:06] | That Karl guy said he’s going to the dance with Avery, | 那个卡尔说他会和艾芙莉一起去参加舞会 |
[15:08] | and apparently, he tells it like it is. | 而且很显然 他说的很认真 |
[15:12] | I don’t know what’s going on. | 我也不知道怎么回事 |
[15:14] | I’m just gonna talk to her and clear the air. | 我要和艾芙莉谈谈 把事情搞清楚 |
[15:20] | You know what? I don’t think I need to. | 那个啥 我觉得我不用去了 |
[15:31] | Bennett, thank you for being so patient | 班尼特 谢谢你耐心地 |
[15:32] | waiting for me to watch Upton Carriage House. | 等着和我一起看电视剧 |
[15:34] | I promise tonight, I will stay awake. | 我保证今晚我一定会保持清醒 |
[15:36] | Prediction: Derek the stable boy is gonna marry lady Elizabeth. | 我猜 马童德里克会娶伊丽莎白小姐 |
[15:41] | Could happen. | 可能会 |
[15:43] | You watched without me?! | 你自己看过了 |
[15:45] | What gave me away? | 你怎么看出来的 |
[15:46] | “Could happen.” | 可能会 |
[15:49] | How could you watch ahead? | 你怎么能自己先看了呢 |
[15:50] | I can catch you up on everything you missed in the first four episodes. | 我可以把头四集你错过的东西都告诉你 |
[15:53] | Everyone dies. | 大家都死了 |
[15:55] | Everyone dies? Of what? | 每个人都死了 怎么死的 |
[15:58] | Consumption, dropsy, shipwrecks, bad goose, | 肺痨 水肿 海难 腐烂的鹅 |
[16:00] | dirigible mishaps, scurvy, stairs, war. | 灾祸 坏血病 步行梯 战争 |
[16:03] | Oh, and the switchover from horses to cars is just a bloodbath. | 哦 还有从马车换成汽车简直就是一场屠杀 |
[16:08] | Speaking of bloodbaths, Bennett, | 说到屠杀 班尼特 |
[16:09] | how are you gonna make this up to me? | 你要怎么补偿我呢 |
[16:11] | Tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[16:13] | Why don’t you watch the first four episodes tomorrow, | 明天你把前四集都看了 |
[16:14] | and I will do all of your housework. | 我来替你做家务 |
[16:16] | Huh? That way, you can be all caught up, and you won’t be tired. | 怎么样 这样的话 你既可以追上进度 又不会很累 |
[16:20] | And then, we can watch episode five together. | 然后 我们就可以一起看第五集了 |
[16:22] | Really? You would do that for me? | 真的吗 你愿意这么做吗 |
[16:25] | That does make up for a lot. Thank you so much, honey. | 这样确实能弥补不少 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[16:27] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[16:29] | So exactly what do you do around here? | 你在这儿一般都干些什么 |
[16:32] | I’m ready to go to sleep with you. | 我已经准备好和你一起睡了 |
[16:35] | Sweetie, we have to talk. | 亲爱的 我们得谈谈 |
[16:37] | You’re getting to be a big girl. | 你已经是个大姑娘了 |
[16:39] | This isn’t about getting a bra, is it? | 你不会是要说胸罩的事吧 |
[16:41] | No, we’re a few years away on that one. | 不是 还得过几年才会谈到那事儿的 |
[16:44] | What mommy is saying is that it’s time for you | 妈咪想说的是 你现在已经到了 |
[16:47] | to go to sleep like a big girl… | 像个大姑娘一样自己睡觉的年纪了 |
[16:49] | without mommy or daddy and without Charlie Potatoes. | 不用妈妈爸爸和查豆豆陪着你睡 |
[16:51] | But last night was fun on the couch, | 但是昨晚在沙发上睡很有趣啊 |
[16:53] | except for when daddy started crying. | 除了爸爸开始哭以后 |
[16:56] | Who’s Derek, and why did he have so much to live for? | 德里克谁是 还有他为什么有那么多牵挂 |
[16:58] | You’ll get through this, Chloe. | 你能挺过去的 克洛伊 |
[17:01] | When you face new challenges, | 迎接挑战 |
[17:03] | that’s how you grow and get stronger. | 会让你成长并变得更强大 |
[17:05] | Now it’s new challenges that make me grow and get stronger? | 现在又有新的挑战让我成长变强大了吗 |
[17:09] | Yesterday, it was vegetables. | 昨天是吃蔬菜 |
[17:10] | You can’t say that for everything. | 你不能每件事情都这么说吧 |
[17:16] | Hey, is Wes here? | 韦斯到了吗 |
[17:17] | No, but Karl Fink is. | 没有 但是卡尔·芬克到了 |
[17:19] | He wants us to enter the | 他想要我们 |
[17:20] | dance encircling him and giggling girlishly. | 花痴般地包围着他进场 |
[17:22] | I don’t giggle. I have a hearty deep laugh. | 我不会咯咯地笑 我只会在内心里深沉地笑 |
[17:25] | I don’t use it, but I have it. | 我的笑容深藏不露 |
[17:27] | Be nice to Karl. | 对卡尔好一些 |
[17:29] | He’s the reason that, tonight, | 他帮助了我 今晚 |
[17:30] | I’m gonna be dancing with the boy of my dreams. | 我将要和梦中男孩儿共舞了 |
[17:35] | It happened, mother. | 果然是这样 妈妈 |
[17:36] | Avery called me the boy of her dreams. | 艾芙莉称呼我为梦中男孩 |
[17:38] | The conviviality of our dance lessons | 快乐和谐的舞蹈课 |
[17:40] | has caused her to fall hopelessly in love with me, | 使她无可救药地爱上了我 |
[17:41] | just as you predicted. | 正如你所预料的一样 |
[17:43] | Well, we gotta get down to the dance. We’re missing stuff. | 走吧 我们要赶快去舞会了 不然我们会错过很多的 |
[17:46] | Look at this picture on buddy bop. | 快看好友圈上这张照片 |
[17:48] | Peter Murphy and his cartwheels. | 彼得·墨菲在翻跟头 |
[17:50] | I did not make a mistake. | 我果然没错 |
[17:53] | Wait a minute, is that Wes? Why is he already there? | 等等 那是韦斯吗 他为什么已经到了呢 |
[17:56] | He probably just thought we’re supposed to meet there. | 也许他以为我们要直接在舞会碰面 |
[17:58] | Yeah. Come on, let’s go. | 好吧 走吧 我们走 |
[18:00] | All right, mother, we’re leaving now. | 好吧 妈妈 我们动身了 |
[18:02] | Don’t worry, I’ll let her down easy, | 别担心 我会让她死心的 |
[18:04] | much as you did that Ferris wheel you caught | 就像当你那次坐摩天轮的时候 |
[18:06] | when it broke free from its base. | 它直接从基座上倒塌一样 |
[18:19] | We are killin’ it. | 我们太棒了 |
[18:20] | Yeah, we’re awesome. | 是啊 我们棒极了 |
[18:22] | Actually, you’re awesome. I’m cool. | 事实上 你棒极了 我酷极了 |
[18:26] | Couldn’t fit “Awesome” On my butt. Tiny! | 我屁股太小 写不下棒极了 |
[18:29] | There he is. | 他在那儿 |
[18:34] | Why didn’t he wave back? | 为什么他不和我招手呢 |
[18:36] | Didn’t he see me? | 难道他没看见我吗 |
[18:37] | Avery! | 艾芙莉 |
[18:39] | You mustn’t fall for me. | 你不能爱上我 |
[18:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:43] | That’s right, girl. | 这就对了 姑娘 |
[18:45] | Walk away bravely. | 勇敢地离开 |
[18:48] | – Hey, Wes. – Avery. | -嗨 韦斯 -艾芙莉 |
[18:51] | Um, I guess maybe you thought we were supposed to meet here, | 看来你以为咱们要直接在这里碰面 |
[18:54] | and not at my house. | 而不是我家 |
[18:55] | Or maybe I decided to go | 或者是我决定 |
[18:57] | with someone else and didn’t even tell you, | 和别人一起来而且没有告诉你 |
[18:59] | so when you finally found out, it would hurt more. | 这样一来 你发现的时候会觉得更加伤心 |
[19:02] | – Wes… – How would that feel, Avery? | -韦斯 -感觉怎么样 艾芙莉 |
[19:05] | Bad, wouldn’t it? | 很糟糕 不是吗 |
[19:12] | Hard, mother. She’s taking it hard. | 很艰难 妈妈 她很艰难地接受了 |
[19:15] | What did you do to Avery? | 你对艾芙莉做了什么 |
[19:16] | I’ve been to detention. I’m not afraid to go back. | 我曾经被留堂过 我可不怕再去一次 |
[19:23] | This is the worst night of my life. | 这简直是我人生中最惨的一夜 |
[19:25] | Bra stuff, huh? | 是胸罩的事情 对吧 |
[19:28] | Life was so much easier before I liked boys. | 我有喜欢的男孩之前的生活简单多了 |
[19:31] | It was so much easier before I lost Charlie Potatoes. | 在我失去查豆豆前一切也简单很多 |
[19:35] | I feel like I just got my heart ripped out. | 我感觉我的心空空的 |
[19:38] | Charlie Potatoes did get his heart ripped out. | 查豆豆的心的确被挖出来了 |
[19:41] | I just thought Wes was so perfect. | 我一直以为韦斯是那么完美 |
[19:43] | I can’t believe he’s such a jerk. | 无法相信他竟然是这么一个混蛋 |
[19:46] | I never wanna see him again. | 我再也不想看见他了 |
[19:47] | Is that Wes? | 是韦斯来了吗 |
[19:50] | It’s probably not even Wes. | 怎么会是韦斯呢 |
[19:52] | I’m crazy. | 我大概是疯了 |
[19:54] | It’s Wes. | 是韦斯来了 |
[19:55] | Wait, he’s such a jerk. What am I doing? | 等等 他是个混蛋啊 我在做什么 |
[20:01] | I’m such a jerk. | 我是个混蛋 |
[20:03] | Hey, Avery, that’s what you just called him. | 艾芙莉 你刚刚也是这么叫他的 |
[20:05] | Chloe, why don’t you go upstairs and play in your room? | 克洛伊 你为什么不上楼在自己房间玩儿呢 |
[20:08] | Upset my sister again, | 如果再惹我姐姐生气 |
[20:09] | and you’ll be sleeping with Charlie Potatoes. | 就让你跟查豆豆一起睡觉 |
[20:17] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:19] | I thought you blew me off and went to the dance with Karl. | 我还以为你放我鸽子和卡尔一起去舞会了 |
[20:21] | Is that why you blew me off and went with another girl? | 这就是你放我鸽子和别的女孩儿一起去舞会的原因吗 |
[20:23] | I didn’t go with another girl. | 我没跟其他女生一起去 |
[20:24] | I didn’t go with Karl. | 我没有和卡尔一起去 |
[20:26] | I know that now. Your friends told me. | 我现在知道了 你的朋友们告诉我了 |
[20:28] | Well, Lindsay told me. Max just stood there growling. | 好吧 是琳赛和我说的 麦克斯只是站在那里咆哮 |
[20:32] | Why didn’t we just talk to each other? | 咱们为什么不能直接沟通呢 |
[20:34] | I have absolutely no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[20:37] | I really like you, Avery. | 我真的很喜欢你 艾芙莉 |
[20:39] | I really like you, too. | 我也很喜欢你 |
[20:42] | So why does this all have to be so confusing? | 那为什么要把一切搞得这么复杂呢 |
[20:44] | – I have absolutely no idea. – Can we just start over? | -我完全不懂 -我们可以重新开始吗 |
[20:48] | Avery, would you like to go to the dance with me? | 艾芙莉 你愿意和我一起去舞会吗 |
[21:05] | Max? | 麦克斯 |
[21:06] | It’s not weird. | 这一点也不奇怪 |
[21:10] | Seeing Avery so happy just makes me wanna cry. | 看到艾芙莉那么幸福让我好想哭 |
[21:16] | Um, ’cause that’s how a brother feels. | 嗯 这就是当哥哥的感觉 |
[21:20] | Uh, fast song. | 快歌 |
[21:36] | I am exhausted. | 累死我了 |
[21:38] | After doing your housework all day, | 替你做了一天家务之后 |
[21:40] | I finally understand why you’re always so tired, | 我终于理解了你为什么总是那么累 |
[21:42] | and why your hands are so dry. | 还有你的手为什么会那么干 |
[21:46] | I did everything today. Why are you tired? | 今天一直是我干活儿 你为什么还会累 |
[21:48] | Because after you did everything, | 因为在你干完活儿之后 |
[21:50] | I had to go back and do it the right way. | 我还得重新做一遍 |
[21:53] | But we are gonna get through this episode tonight. | 但是我们说好了今晚一起看这集啊 |
[21:56] | Yes, we are. | 嗯 按计划进行 |
[22:05] | Finally, I can blog. | 我终于可以写博客了 |
[22:08] | I was really proud of | 我为艾芙莉感到骄傲 |
[22:09] | Avery for growing up a little bit this week. | 这个星期她成长了一点点 |
[22:12] | Chloe too. She even found something else to help her fall asleep. | 克洛伊也成长了 她找到了其他可以陪她睡觉的东西 |
[22:19] | And the best part is, she’s letting me borrow her pajamas. | 最棒的是 她借我穿了她的睡衣 |
[22:25] | Oh, Robert, you’re back early. | 哦 罗伯特 你回来得挺早啊 |
[22:28] | Okay, a week in Texas doesn’t make you a cowboy. | 好吧 在德克萨斯呆一个星期没把你变成小牛仔呀 |