时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Ready to go, Stan? | 准备好了吗 斯坦 |
[00:09] | Just a second. | 马上就好 |
[00:10] | Gotta go make sure that squirrel I buried is still buried. | 我得去看看我埋的松鼠是否依然安好 |
[00:12] | Sometimes they come back. | 有时候它们还会爬出来 |
[00:15] | Then it’s probably not dead. | 也许它就没死啊 |
[00:17] | That occurred to me, too. | 也发生过这种情况 |
[00:22] | Hold up a minute. Wes is here. | 先别走 韦斯来了 |
[00:25] | – Who? – Wes. | -谁 -韦斯 |
[00:26] | The boy from school I like. | 学校里我喜欢的那个男孩儿 |
[00:28] | I felt like we kind of connected on Halloween. | 我觉得我们万圣节的时候擦出了火花 |
[00:30] | When I was drenched in fake blood, | 当时我满身都是假血 |
[00:32] | but we’ve barely spoken since then. | 但是从那次后我们再也没有说过话了 |
[00:33] | Does he only like me when I’m drenched in fake blood? | 难道他只在我满身是血的时候才喜欢我吗 |
[00:36] | Because I’m willing to make that a regular thing. | 如果是的话 那么我愿意保持那个样子 |
[00:39] | I knew this day would come… Wednesday. | 我就知道这一天会来临 星期三 |
[00:41] | The day you’re more interested in boys than your talking dog. | 你喜欢男孩儿胜过你喜欢会说话的狗的这一天 |
[00:44] | – It’s Thursday. – I did not see that coming. | -今天是星期四 -我算错了这个 |
[00:47] | But it’s okay. I’m gonna stay relevant in your life. | 不过没什么 我会一直和你的生活息息相关的 |
[00:50] | I can help with boys. What kind of help do you need? | 我可以帮你搞定他们 你需要哪种帮助呢 |
[00:53] | I’m still trying to figure out how to talk to him. | 我还在努力想办法和他搭讪 |
[00:55] | Great. Let’s do a little role-playing. | 很好 我们来玩儿角色扮演吧 |
[00:57] | You be you and I’ll be the boy. | 你还是你 我是那个男孩 |
[00:59] | Hey, Avery, s’up? | 艾芙莉 忙什么呢 |
[01:01] | You want to go to the lake with me? | 想和我一起去湖边吗 |
[01:03] | We’ll count the stars and make promises. | 我们可以去一边数星星一边许下承诺 |
[01:07] | – Stan, I don’t want to do this. – What’s your problem? | -斯坦 我不想这样 -为什么啊 |
[01:10] | You’re so stuck up. I’m outta here. | 你太傲慢了 我要走了 |
[01:13] | Well, you blew it with that guy. | 好吧 你和那个男孩儿没戏了 |
[01:16] | Look, if you want to help, why don’t you go over there | 听着 如果你想要帮我 为什么不走过去 |
[01:18] | and see what Wes is saying to his friends. | 听听韦斯都和朋友们在聊些什么 |
[01:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:22] | I can’t believe I put on deodorant for nothing. | 简直不敢相信我的除臭剂白用了 |
[01:25] | You’re so weird. | 你太奇怪了 |
[01:29] | So, what did you find out about Wes? | 关于韦斯 你都听到了些什么 |
[01:31] | I found out that I have no idea who Wes is. | 我发现我不知道哪个是韦斯 |
[01:36] | Can you tell me what his feet smell like, | 你能告诉我他的脚是什么味儿的吗 |
[01:38] | and use descriptive words. | 最好用很具体的词语 |
[01:39] | Are they austere with a baloney finish, for instance? | 比如 它们是干涩的香肠味儿吗 |
[01:43] | That’s you. | 那是你的味儿 |
[01:48] | Okay, here’s the deal; You are correct. | 好吧 是这么回事儿 你是对的 |
[01:51] | – That is Wes. – I already knew that. | -那个就是韦斯 -我知道啊 |
[01:54] | I had my doubts. I get such a strong Eli vibe from him. | 我本来有所怀疑 我能从他身上感受到一股伊莱的气息 |
[01:58] | So what’d you find out? | 那么你都发现了什么 |
[02:00] | Nothing. The whole time he was just babbling on | 没什么发现 他一直在说 |
[02:02] | about how he needed a tutor in one of his classes. | 他多么需要一位家教辅导他的一门课 |
[02:04] | Does that sound like an Eli or what? | 这听起来难道不像个叫伊莱的人吗 |
[02:08] | Stan, that’s it! That’s my in! He needs a tutor. | 斯坦 这就对了 我的突破口 他需要一个家教 |
[02:13] | What’s so great about him? He doesn’t even have a car. | 他到底哪里好了 他甚至连车都没有 |
[02:16] | There’s nothing to do in this whole stupid town anyway. | 不过在这座小破城市也没什么事儿可干 |
[02:21] | Avery Jennings tutoring. If you don’t know it, I do. | 艾芙莉·詹宁斯金牌辅导 没听说过吗 |
[02:26] | Avery Jennings tutoring. If you do know it, I know more. | 艾芙莉·詹宁斯金牌辅导 我了解很多啊 |
[02:33] | Do you need a tutor or what? | 你到底需要不需要请家教 |
[02:35] | Hey, Avery. How did you know? | 艾芙莉 你怎么知道的 |
[02:37] | I didn’t. I’m asking everybody. | 我不知道啊 我每个人都问了啊 |
[02:39] | I need clients for my new tutoring business. | 我在给我全新的辅导事业寻找客户 |
[02:42] | Nope, go away. | 不要 走开 |
[02:44] | Well, I could use some help in Spanish. | 我想要找人给我辅导一下西班牙语 |
[02:47] | There’s a test on Friday and I’m really struggling. | 周五有考试 而且我现在很差 |
[02:49] | Do you speak Spanish? | 你会西班牙语吗 |
[02:51] | That is the face of someone who does not speak Spanish. | 这就是不会说西班牙语时候的表情 |
[02:55] | Of course I speak Spanish. | 我当然会说西班牙语 |
[02:58] | Everyone should speak Spanish | 经济如此全球化的时代 |
[03:00] | in this increasingly globalized economy. | 每个人都应该会西班牙语啊 |
[03:03] | I’ll see you tomorrow at my casa. | 明天我家见 |
[03:07] | Plenty more where that came from. | 当然还有更多哦 |
[03:11] | Avery is pretty crazy about that boy, | 艾芙莉真的很喜欢那个男孩儿 |
[03:13] | and it’s even led to her first panic lie. | 还第一次在惊慌中撒谎 |
[03:16] | Ah, I remember mine… | 我还记得我的第一个谎言 |
[03:20] | Oh! | 臭死了 |
[03:22] | Ewe! Tyler! | 恶心 泰勒 |
[03:42] | So there was this one time | 曾经有一次 |
[03:43] | people said I couldn’t do a triple flip on my bike. | 大家说我不可能在我的自行车上三转空翻 |
[03:46] | I showed them… I landed on those people. | 于是我就做了 最后我摔在了那些人的身上 |
[03:50] | That’s where I got this scar. | 我这个疤就是这么来的 |
[03:52] | I got one of those the time I ramped off the ridge of pain. | 这个疤是我从痛苦之棱上摔下来留下的 |
[03:55] | Before that, it was just the ridge of. | 在那之前 它只是个棱子 |
[03:58] | Hey, that’s where I messed up my knee. | 我就是在那儿摔坏了膝盖的 |
[04:01] | Now when I bend it, it pops. | 现在只要我屈膝 它就会响 |
[04:03] | Sweet. | 棒极了 |
[04:05] | When I do this, my shoulder locks. | 我这样的时候 我的肩膀也会响 |
[04:08] | Hey… I pop, you lock. | 我响 你响 |
[04:11] | Let’s pop and lock. | 让我们一起响 |
[04:17] | Ooh, what happened to your neck? | 你的脖子怎么了 |
[04:19] | Don’t know. Did that just now. | 不知道 刚刚就那么响了 |
[04:23] | I once banged my throat, and now when I gurgle water, | 我的喉咙受过伤 现在每当我吞水 |
[04:25] | it sounds like a garbage disposal. | 听起来就像处理垃圾 |
[04:31] | – Hey, Nikki. What’s up? – Hey. | -尼基 怎么了 -嗨 |
[04:34] | I wanted to see if you felt like going to the | 我是来看看你想不想去看 |
[04:36] | movie that’s playing in the park this weekend. | 这周末公园放映的电影 |
[04:38] | I can’t. I’m going with my girlfriend. | 恐怕不行 我要和我女朋友一起去 |
[04:41] | You have a girlfriend? | 你有女朋友了 |
[04:42] | Oh, yeah, she’s really cool. I can’t wait for you to meet her. | 是啊 她棒极了 真想让你快点儿看见她 |
[04:52] | Wow. | 哇 |
[04:53] | Told you she was cool. | 她很酷吧 |
[04:57] | There she is, our little girl home from school. | 她回来了 我们的小姑娘放学回家了 |
[05:00] | – So Chloe, what did you learn today? – Let’s see… | -克洛伊 今天都学了什么啊 -让我想想 |
[05:03] | I learned that the sun will someday burn out | 我知道了太阳终将会燃尽 |
[05:05] | and all life on Earth will cease to exist. | 并且地球上所有生物都会灭亡 |
[05:08] | And that seven times seven is… | 还有7乘以7等于 |
[05:11] | Okay, I didn’t learn that. | 好吧 这个我没学会 |
[05:12] | Why bother, with that whole sun thing happening? | 太阳都要燃尽了还关心这个干嘛 |
[05:16] | Oh, and I’m not Chloe anymore. | 还有 我不再是克洛伊了 |
[05:19] | Chloe… | 克洛伊 |
[05:20] | Ahem… we have been through this before. | 我们以前讨论过这个 |
[05:23] | You are not a Princess separated from her people | 你不是一位离开了自己的城堡 |
[05:26] | and forced to live among the common folk. | 还被迫和平民生活在一起的公主 |
[05:28] | Yes, I know, I just feel that way. | 是的 我知道 我知道这个 |
[05:31] | I’m talking about my name. | 我是说我的名字 |
[05:32] | I don’t want to be called Chloe anymore. | 我不想再用克洛伊这个名字了 |
[05:34] | What do you mean, are the other kids making fun of your name? | 什么意思 有孩子嘲笑你的名字了吗 |
[05:36] | Are they calling you glowy? | 有人叫你格罗伊了吗 |
[05:38] | – No. – So-so-ie? | -不是的 -索索伊 |
[05:40] | No growy? Can’t throwy? Weird toe-ie? | 不是格罗伊 不是苏若伊 奇怪的兔兔伊 |
[05:43] | No, that’s so mean. Why would you say that? | 没有 太难听了 你为什么要说这些 |
[05:46] | And what’s wrong with my toe-ie? | 还有 我的脚趾怎么了 |
[05:49] | Sweetheart, your Mommy isn’t being mean. | 宝贝儿 你妈妈不是故意这么说的 |
[05:51] | She’s just worried the other kids were. | 她只是担心别的孩子们这么叫你 |
[05:53] | And was pointing out how that could work. | 说了一下他们可能怎么嘲笑你 |
[05:56] | In a way that was overly specific and not well thought-through. | 换句话说她就是太唠叨 想问题不经过大脑 |
[06:00] | Well, I’m sorry. I’m just a little concerned about that, | 我很抱歉 我只是很担心 |
[06:04] | after being called smelling in kindergarten… | 在幼儿园被叫臭臭 |
[06:07] | Through college, and then again last year. | 甚至大学 去年又有人这么叫了 |
[06:11] | No one’s being mean… | 没有人那么坏 |
[06:13] | At school. | 在学校 |
[06:16] | I just want a new name. | 我只是想换个新名字 |
[06:17] | And a pool with a slide! | 还有一个有滑梯的泳池 |
[06:20] | Think about it! | 考虑一下 |
[06:24] | What’s up with her? | 她这是怎么了 |
[06:25] | I think it’s fairly obvious | 我觉得 很明显 |
[06:27] | that Chloe’s desire to change her name | 克洛伊想要改名字的渴求 |
[06:29] | stems from an innate need to | 来源于她内在的 |
[06:30] | assert her independence and establish her identity. | 表现她的独立性并且确立她的个人身份的需要 |
[06:32] | It’s best if we just let it play out. | 我们最好让她释放出来 |
[06:34] | You never just say I don’t know. Weird, huh? | 你永远不会承认你不知道 好奇怪啊 不是吗 |
[06:38] | Just like you never say very trenchant analysis, Bennett. | 就像你永远不会说出很清晰的分析 班内特 |
[06:40] | Your insight makes me love you all the more. | 你的洞察力让我更爱你了 |
[06:43] | Weird, huh? | 好奇怪啊 不是吗 |
[06:48] | So, speak Spanish yet? | 那么 还是不会西班牙语吧 |
[06:50] | No. I’ve been watching this Spanish soap opera, Lace and Tears. | 不 我一直在看这部西班牙肥皂剧 《蕾丝与眼泪》 |
[06:54] | I haven’t learned any Spanish… | 我一句西班牙语都没学会 |
[06:55] | Although I did learn the | 倒是学到了 |
[06:56] | expression you make when your third husband | 当你第三个丈夫告诉你他其实 |
[06:58] | tells you he’s really | 是穿了另一件高领毛衣的 |
[06:59] | your first husband in a different turtleneck. | 第一任丈夫时该有的表情 |
[07:03] | So, how are you supposed | 那么 不会西班牙语的你 |
[07:05] | to tutor Wes if you don’t know the language. | 准备怎么辅导韦斯呢 |
[07:07] | That is Nikki. She’s coming over to give me a crash course. | 当然是尼基 她马上过来给我恶补 |
[07:10] | Millions of people speak Spanish. How hard could it be? | 成百上千万人都会说西班牙语 能有多难 |
[07:14] | Billions of people speak Chinese. Why don’t you give that a shot? | 十几亿人说中文 你怎么不学学呢 |
[07:19] | Hey, Nikki, did you get my | 尼基 你收到我 |
[07:20] | text about needing to learn Spanish by tomorrow? | 关于急需学习西班牙语的短信了吗 |
[07:22] | Yes, but I didn’t know how to text | 是的 但是我不知道如何 |
[07:24] | back you are out of your mind in a supportive tone, | 回复表现出支持你疯狂的行为的短信 |
[07:27] | so I came to say it in person. | 所以我亲自来说了 |
[07:29] | You are out of your mind. | 你真的疯了 |
[07:32] | Well, we have to try. | 可是我们总得试试啊 |
[07:35] | And it’s not like we’re starting from scratch, I already know… | 而且我也不是完全没基础 我已经学会了 |
[07:38] | Si, no, adios, and… | 是 不是 再见 还有 |
[07:42] | Your third husband is really | 你的第三任丈夫其实 |
[07:44] | your first husband in a different turtleneck? | 是穿着另一件高领毛衣的第一任丈夫 |
[07:46] | Oh, you watch Lace and Tears! Wait. | 哦 你也看 《蕾丝与眼泪》 等等 |
[07:50] | What if we did what Lupe did in | 如果我们模仿一下鲁普 |
[07:52] | the famous episode where Juan gets impaled called… | 在乔安被刺穿那集的做法 |
[07:54] | A hole in Juan. | 乔安的洞 |
[07:57] | Juan gets impaled? While he’s in the coma? | 乔安被刺穿了 在昏迷的时候 |
[08:00] | Oh, you’re not caught up. | 看来你还没有追上进度 |
[08:02] | Yes, he coma-walked right into a bullfight. | 是的 他在昏迷中走进了一场斗牛比赛 |
[08:05] | Anyway in that episode Lupe talks | 在那集里 鲁普通过 |
[08:07] | to Hector through an earpiece to help him romance, | 耳机帮助海克特追妹子 |
[08:10] | well, what turns out to be his | 最后 那个女的恰好是 |
[08:11] | sister’s former cellmate, but he doesn’t know this. | 她妹妹的前狱友 但是他还不知道 |
[08:13] | Ramona goes to prison?! | 拉蒙娜坐牢了 |
[08:15] | Ramona was framed by her other personality, Ramon. | 拉蒙娜是被她的另一个人格陷害的 拉蒙 |
[08:20] | I am a walking spoiler alert. | 我是剧透党 |
[08:23] | No. | 不 |
[08:24] | You’re a walking genius. | 你是个天才 |
[08:26] | I’ll wear an earpiece and you listen in | 我到时候戴一副耳机 |
[08:29] | and give me the Spanish answers so that I can tutor Wes. | 你一边听一边告诉我西班牙语 这样我就可以辅导韦斯了 |
[08:32] | So Nikki’s gonna help you with the tutoring part, | 也就是说尼基要帮你辅导 |
[08:34] | but I thought that was just an excuse to get | 这难道不是你想把他 |
[08:36] | him over here so you can connect with him. | 叫来好跟他套近乎的借口吗 |
[08:38] | How are you gonna do that part? | 你准备怎么更进一步呢 |
[08:39] | And don’t say fake blood. | 别再说假血了 |
[08:42] | He’s right. I totally forgot about that part. | 他说的对 我把这茬给忘了 |
[08:45] | I don’t speak the language of Spanish or of love! | 我不会说西班牙语 也不会说情话 |
[08:47] | None of the romance languages! | 什么浪漫的语言我都不会 |
[08:50] | Oh, I can’t help you with that. | 这我可帮不了你了 |
[08:52] | I don’t have to say anything to boys. | 我不用跟男生说那些东西 |
[08:54] | They’re just naturally drawn to me. | 他们很自然地就被我吸引了 |
[08:56] | Like boys to Nikki. That’s an expression in my country. | 就像男孩们围着尼基 这是我们国家的一种俗语 |
[09:01] | I’ll help you out, Avery. | 我会帮你的 艾芙莉 |
[09:02] | You know, when it comes to flirting, | 你知道的 关于打情骂俏 |
[09:04] | I happen to have some pretty good moves. | 我刚好有些独家秘方 |
[09:06] | Oh! Are those the moves | 哦 是你用在 |
[09:08] | you used on the girl who spits into plants? | 刚刚给花吐水那个女孩身上的招数吗 |
[09:10] | Her name is Emily. | 她的名字叫艾米莉 |
[09:12] | Her name could be Glendora, Queen of the fairy people, | 她也可以叫格兰多拉 仙女们的女王 |
[09:14] | but she still spits into plants, | 但她还是往花上吐水了 |
[09:16] | and that’s the part that sticks with you. | 可能正是这件事特别对你的胃口 |
[09:19] | Enough about plant-spitter. | 别再说吐花事件了 |
[09:21] | Sorry, Tyler, it does stick with you. | 抱歉 泰勒 这确实很对你的胃口 |
[09:22] | You guys are going to | 明天你们一定要 |
[09:23] | have to suck it up and work together tomorrow | 集中精力 好好合作 |
[09:26] | so everything goes perfectly with Wes. | 确保我和韦斯进展顺利 |
[09:32] | Your dog watches Lace and Tears? | 你的狗也看《蕾丝与眼泪》吗 |
[09:35] | Of course he doesn’t, he’s a dog. | 他当然不看 他是一只狗 |
[09:37] | He just turned it on accidentally. | 他只是恰巧换到了那个台 |
[09:39] | Ha! Like Hector was accidentally | 就像海克特恰巧 |
[09:41] | electrocuted by that eel in his toilet! | 被他厕所里那条鳗鱼电死一样 |
[09:44] | Why didn’t he flush? | 他为什么不冲厕所呢 |
[09:45] | Even without the eel, it’s always a good idea! | 就算没有鳗鱼 冲厕所还是个不错的主意 |
[09:52] | Mommy, Daddy, I picked out some new names to replace Chloe. | 妈妈 爸爸 我挑了些新名字来替换掉克洛伊 |
[09:56] | – Tell me what you like. – Okay. | -告诉我你们喜欢哪个 -好的 |
[09:58] | Alejandra Velasquez Margarita. | 亚历杭德拉·贝拉斯克斯·玛格丽塔 |
[10:01] | I also like… | 我还喜欢 |
[10:03] | Anastasia Kolikova Ivanovichnaya! | 安娜塔西亚·克里科娃·伊万诺维科娜亚 |
[10:08] | And… | 还有 |
[10:11] | Gail. | 加伊 |
[10:13] | We like Chloe. | 我们喜欢克洛伊 |
[10:15] | You’ve got to let that go. | 那个名字已经是过去时了 |
[10:17] | Listen, Chloe, if this is about wanting to establish your own | 听着 克洛伊 如果这一切是为了 |
[10:21] | identity, you don’t have to change your name to do that. | 建立你的自我人格 你不需要改名字的 |
[10:23] | You can dress differently, or change your hairstyle… | 你可以换换穿衣风格 或者换换你的发型 |
[10:28] | Or develop a speech affectation. | 或者提升一下你的演讲口才 |
[10:30] | Hello, my name is Chloe. | 大家好 我是克洛伊 |
[10:34] | Bennett, her clothes are fine, she has enough accents. | 班内特 她的着装风格很好 她的口音也很好 |
[10:37] | And the hair is what it is. | 她的头发就是那样了 |
[10:41] | You can tell us if there’s a problem. We’re here for you, Chloe. | 如果有问题你可以和我们聊聊 我们一直在你身边 克洛伊 |
[10:44] | – I’m not Chloe! – Sorry, Gail! | -我不是克洛伊 -对不起 加伊 |
[10:48] | She’s really upset about this. | 她真的很在乎这事儿 |
[10:50] | I better call her teacher and see if she knows anything. | 我还是给她老师打个电话 看看她知不知道怎么回事吧 |
[10:52] | But when I talk to her, I’m going to talk like this. | 但是和她谈的时候 我得这么说话 |
[10:55] | – This is kind of fun. – It is, | -真有意思 -当然 |
[10:57] | isn’t it? We should vacation more. | 不是吗 我们应该多出去度假 |
[10:59] | Oh, look, the Rothschilds! | 快看 罗斯柴尔德家族 |
[11:01] | We should play doubles sometime! Hi, come… | 我们应该多配双打 嗨 来 |
[11:07] | I forgot my backpack. | 我忘拿书包了 |
[11:13] | – That was embarrassing. – Yes! Yes, it was! | -真尴尬 -是啊是啊 太尴尬了 |
[11:19] | Thanks again for helping me out with this. | 再次感谢你能帮我辅导 |
[11:21] | I’m kind of embarrassed. | 我都有点儿尴尬了 |
[11:23] | – I’m usually pretty good at school. – Oh, no problem. | -通常我在学校都很棒的 -没什么的 |
[11:26] | Or should I say no problemo. | 或者我应该说没什么 |
[11:29] | Should I? Should I say no problemo? | 是这么说吗 我应该这么说吗 |
[11:33] | That’s not real Spanish. | 那不是真的西班牙语 |
[11:35] | I should not say no problemo. | 我不该那么说的 |
[11:37] | It’s not Spanish. | 那不是西班牙语 |
[11:38] | Once we eliminate all the words that are not Spanish, | 一旦我们排除了所有不是西班牙语的词语 |
[11:40] | we’ll be left with the words that are. | 就只剩下真正的西班牙语了 |
[11:42] | It’s part of my system. | 这是我学习语言系统的一部分 |
[11:45] | If you get into trouble, just say si. Mucho. | 如果有什么问题 就说是 很对 |
[11:47] | It means yes. Very much. | 它的意思是 是的 很对 |
[11:49] | – You think I’m gonna get in trouble? – Si. Mucho. | -你觉得我要有麻烦了吗 -是的 很对 |
[11:52] | You’re not inspiring a lot of confidence. | 你可没给人带来多少信心 |
[11:55] | That’s why I need a tutor. | 这就是我要请家教的原因啊 |
[11:59] | Tyler, stop texting your plant-spitter. | 泰勒 别再给你的吐花女发短信了 |
[12:01] | Avery almost blew it right off the bat. | 艾芙莉似乎快搞砸了 |
[12:03] | Hey, I can help Avery and text the plant-spitter. | 我可以一边帮艾芙莉一边给吐花女发短信 |
[12:06] | Oh no, I just sent Emily a | 哦 不 我刚刚给艾米莉发了一条 |
[12:08] | text that says I can text the plant-spitter. | 短信说我可以给吐花女发短信 |
[12:11] | Oh, thank goodness. She took it as a compliment. | 谢天谢地 她把这当做恭维的话了 |
[12:15] | So, Wes, are you ready to begin our lesson? | 那么 韦斯 准备好开始我们的课了吗 |
[12:18] | Try playfully insulting him. | 试试用开玩笑的口吻取笑他 |
[12:20] | The playfully shows you like him, | 用开玩笑的口吻表现你喜欢他 |
[12:22] | and the insulting shows not too much. | 取笑的口吻表现你并没有那么喜欢他 |
[12:24] | Oh, is that what you did with Emily? | 哦 你就是这么对艾米莉的 |
[12:26] | – You’re such a baboon! – What should I call him? | -你真像只狒狒 -我该叫他什么 |
[12:29] | – A baboon? – You’re a baboon! | -一只狒狒 你是一只狒狒 |
[12:31] | – That wasn’t for you. – I take it back. | -不是对你说的 -我收回那句话 |
[12:33] | – And I said playfully! – You’re a baboon! | -而且我说了开玩笑的口吻 -你是只狒狒 |
[12:38] | Tell him it’s a part of the tutoring. | 告诉他这是辅导的一部分 |
[12:40] | Tell him you want him to say you’re a baboon in Spanish. | 告诉他你想让他用西班牙语说 你是一只狒狒 |
[12:43] | This is part of the tutoring. | 这是辅导的一部分 |
[12:44] | I want you to say you’re a baboon in Spanish. | 我想让你用西班牙语说 你是一只狒狒 |
[12:48] | That could definitely be on the test. | 这个考试里肯定考 |
[12:50] | I’ve never had a tutor before, but this just seems wrong. | 我没请过家教 但是这看起来似乎不太对 |
[12:56] | Perfect. You’re uncomfortable, | 很好 你不安了 |
[12:57] | which means you’re alert, which means you’re learning. | 代表着你警觉了 代表着你在学习 |
[13:00] | If you start to feel too comfortable, | 如果你一开始就感觉很舒服 |
[13:01] | I’m gonna have to startle you. | 那我就得吓你一跳 |
[13:03] | Boo! | 嘭 |
[13:05] | Well, next time you won’t see it coming. | 下次你一定会被吓到的 |
[13:06] | Boo! | 嘭 |
[13:09] | If this is how you are with girls, | 如果你就是这么对待女孩儿的 |
[13:11] | I’m glad I’m not your girlfriend. | 我很庆幸我不是你女朋友 |
[13:12] | What are you even talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[13:14] | You never even wanted to be my girlfriend. | 你从来没想过当我女朋友 |
[13:16] | So what is Spanish for baboon? | 那么西班牙语的狒狒怎么说 |
[13:18] | Spanish for baboon is… | 西班牙语的狒狒是 |
[13:21] | I just feel sorry for your girlfriend, that’s all. | 我只是为你女朋友感到难过 就是这样 |
[13:23] | You just play games and manipulate people. | 你就喜欢耍把戏和操纵别人 |
[13:25] | First, let’s discuss the five species of baboon. | 首先 让我们来讨论一下狒狒的五大分类 |
[13:28] | There’s the yellow baboon… | 有黄色狒狒 |
[13:30] | It’s not like that with Emily. | 我对艾米莉不是那样的 |
[13:32] | She’s different from other girls. | 她和别的女孩儿不一样 |
[13:34] | She’s really cool and smart and funny… | 她真的很酷 很聪明 很有趣 |
[13:36] | And the chacma baboon. | 还有南非大狒狒 |
[13:38] | Look, I already know all about baboons. | 那个 狒狒的知识我都知道了 |
[13:41] | You do? | 是吗 |
[13:43] | Of course you do. | 你当然知道 |
[13:45] | Oh, so Emily is the first really cool girl you’ve ever met? | 那么艾米莉是你遇见的第一个真正很酷的女孩儿 |
[13:49] | Why do you even care? | 你关心这些干嘛 |
[13:51] | If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’re jealous. | 如果不是我了解你 我会说你在嫉妒 |
[13:53] | – Ha! – Not so loud! | -哈 -别那么大声 |
[13:56] | What’s Spanish for baboon? | 西班牙语的狒狒怎么说 |
[13:58] | – You’re not uncomfortable enough yet. – No, I think I am. | -你的不安程度还不够 -不 我觉得我很不安了 |
[14:03] | You know what? I’ve had enough. I’m leaving. | 你知道吗 我已经受够了 我要走了 |
[14:06] | You are el babuino. | 你是狒狒 |
[14:08] | – What’s that? – It’s Spanish for baboon. | -那是什么 -是西班牙语的狒狒 |
[14:10] | Finally. El babuino. | 终于啊 狒狒 |
[14:12] | – Is that baboon? – Of course. Why else would I have said it? | -是狒狒吗 -当然 不然我干嘛说这个呢 |
[14:15] | I’m not here to waste your time. | 我不是来这儿浪费你的时间的 |
[14:17] | Oh, and by the way, no one really likes your haircut. | 哦 还有 没人真的喜欢你的发型 |
[14:21] | Okay, that is a lie! | 这是谎话 |
[14:24] | Hello? Hello, hello? | 喂 喂 喂 |
[14:26] | Hola? Hola, hola? | 你好 你好 你好 |
[14:29] | Look at you, you’re catching on. | 看看 你在进步啊 |
[14:36] | Hello? Nikki, Tyler, where are you? | 尼基 泰勒 你们去哪儿了 |
[14:40] | Oh, look. A microphone. | 快看 一个麦克风 |
[14:43] | Tyler? Nikki? | 泰勒 尼基 |
[14:45] | Uh, this is your Captain speaking. | 现在是船长在说话 |
[14:49] | Wet spill on aisle 16. | 16号通道地滑 |
[14:53] | False start… start… start… | 抢跑 跑 跑 |
[14:55] | Number 82 offense… fense… fense… | 82号进攻 攻 攻 |
[14:57] | Still first down… down… down… | 还是第一个倒下 下 下 |
[15:00] | Stan? | 斯坦 |
[15:01] | Oh, hey, Avery, what’s going on? | 哦 嘿 艾芙莉 怎么了 |
[15:04] | Is Eli still there? | 伊莱还在吗 |
[15:05] | It’s Wes. And he’s in the bathroom. | 他叫韦斯 他去洗手间了 |
[15:07] | Ha! Classic Eli. | 哈 果然是伊莱 |
[15:10] | Nikki and Tyler had a fight and bailed. | 尼基和泰勒吵架了 然后就走了 |
[15:13] | What am I going to do when Wes gets back? | 韦斯回来的时候我怎么办 |
[15:15] | – Who? – Eli! | -谁 -伊莱 |
[15:17] | I want to play! | 我也想玩儿 |
[15:19] | It’s not a game. Avery needs help. | 这不是游戏 艾芙莉需要帮助 |
[15:21] | You don’t happen to know Spanish, do you? | 你不会碰巧会说西班牙语吧 你会吗 |
[15:23] | No, but Alejandra Velasquez Margarita does! | 不会 但是亚历杭德拉·贝拉斯克斯·玛格丽塔会说 |
[15:29] | Ready to get back to work? | 准备好继续了吗 |
[15:31] | Si. Mucho. | 是的 当然 |
[15:33] | That’s Spanish? That’s the language of my favorite soap opera. | 那是西班牙语 那是我最喜欢的肥皂剧的语言 |
[15:36] | Lace and Tears? I love that show. | 《蕾丝与眼泪》 我爱死那部剧了 |
[15:40] | Ricardo, it was you who put the eel in my commode! | 利嘉多 是你在我的便池里放了条鳗鱼 |
[15:44] | No, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[15:46] | Si, si, si! | 是 是 是 |
[15:59] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[16:01] | Learning the language is not enough. | 仅仅学习语言还是不够的 |
[16:03] | You must also immerse yourself in the culture. | 你必须将自己沉浸在它的文化里 |
[16:06] | Now we dance! | 现在我们来跳舞吧 |
[16:16] | Boo! | 嘭 |
[16:20] | I just spoke with Chloe’s teacher. | 我刚刚和克洛伊的老师打完电话 |
[16:22] | She doesn’t know anything about her wanting to change her name. | 她不了解为什么克洛伊想要改名字 |
[16:24] | And she doesn’t appreciate silly-voice comedy. | 而且她也并不欣赏我的仿声喜剧 |
[16:28] | Well, while you were talking to her teacher like a good parent, | 好吧 当你作为一位负责的家长和她的老师谈话的时候 |
[16:30] | and then also like a crazy parent. | 当然也有点儿像一个疯狂的家长 |
[16:33] | I was being an effective parent by ransacking her room. | 我则是一位彻底搜查了她的房间的高效的家长 |
[16:36] | But, Ellen! | 但是 艾伦 |
[16:37] | That is a violation of the | 这违反了 |
[16:38] | trust that we have established as parents… | 我们家长与孩子建立起的信任 |
[16:40] | What’d you find? | 你发现了什么 |
[16:42] | A small box propped on a stick next to her pillow, | 她枕头边有一只用棍子撑着的小盒子 |
[16:45] | which I’m assuming was a tooth | 我猜测是 |
[16:47] | fairy trap because the bait was a pile of teeth. | 一个抓牙仙的陷阱 因为诱饵是一堆牙齿 |
[16:50] | And this. | 还有这个 |
[16:51] | It’s a contract in crayon stating | 一份用蜡笔写的合同 |
[16:53] | that Chloe has given up the right to her name. | 声明克洛伊放弃了使用她名字的权利 |
[16:55] | Whoever drew this up knew what they were doing. | 这份合同的作者肯定知道自己在干什么 |
[16:57] | All the T’s are crossed and all the I’s are hearted. | 所有的T都被画了叉所有的I都被画了心 |
[17:02] | Sweetie, we found this in your room. | 宝贝 我们在你房间里发现了这个 |
[17:05] | Okay. There are four other Chloes in my class, | 好吧 我们班里还有四个克洛伊 |
[17:07] | and we had a game of tag. | 我们就玩了个追人游戏 |
[17:08] | – Loser changes her name. – Four other Chloes? | -输的人改名字 -还有四个叫克洛伊的 |
[17:12] | Tall Chloe, fast Chloe, stinky Chloe, and Chloe two-shoes. | 高克洛伊 快克洛伊 臭克洛伊 还有两只鞋的克洛伊 |
[17:15] | We all wear two shoes, I don’t get that. | 我们都穿两只鞋 我也不明白 |
[17:18] | So, uh, what’s your nickname? | 那么 你的外号是什么 |
[17:21] | Distracted Chloe. | 分心的克洛伊 |
[17:22] | I forgot we were playing tag | 我忘了我们在玩儿追人游戏 |
[17:23] | halfway through and… can I have a sandwich? | 刚玩了一半 我可以吃个三明治吗 |
[17:26] | Sweetheart, this contract isn’t real. | 宝贝 这份合同不是真的 |
[17:28] | You don’t have to follow this. | 你不用遵守它 |
[17:30] | I have to honor my word. | 我必须信守承诺 |
[17:31] | It’s what you guys always taught me to do. | 你们一直这么教我的 |
[17:33] | But we’ve taught you so many | 我们还教了你很多 |
[17:35] | things that you didn’t learn. Why did this stick? | 其他东西 你都没听进去 何必这么倔 |
[17:37] | I told you my name is distracted Chloe. | 我告诉你了我的名字是分心的克洛伊 |
[17:39] | Where’s my sandwich? You know what? | 我的三明治在哪儿 你知道吗 |
[17:41] | I’m going to get my name back. | 我要去把我的名字夺回来 |
[17:42] | I’m glad we had this talk. Keep thinking about that pool. | 我很高兴我们有了这次谈话 继续考虑游泳池的事情 |
[17:46] | – That was some good parenting. – Really? | -这就是好的教育 -真的吗 |
[17:50] | Well, they say half of | 人们常说 |
[17:51] | parenting is just being there for your kids. | 陪在孩子身边 就是父母成功的一半 |
[17:53] | Mom! Dad! Come listen to this funky sound my neck is making! | 妈妈 爸爸 快来听听我脖子发出的这个特别的声音 |
[17:59] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[18:00] | This is the other half. | 这是另一半 |
[18:04] | Thanks again for all your help. So, uh, how much do I owe you? | 再次感谢你的帮助 那么 我该付你多少钱啊 |
[18:07] | Oh, I don’t think you could put | 哦 我觉得 |
[18:09] | a price on what I did to you… for you… today. | 你无法给今天我对你做的一切标价 |
[18:13] | But just to be safe, | 但是安全起见 |
[18:14] | you should probably get another tutor before the test. | 你考试前也许应该再请一位家庭教师 |
[18:16] | And next time, ask around. Get a recommendation. | 下次 多问问身边的人 让人给你推荐一下 |
[18:18] | Maybe not someone you met in a park. | 最好不要是你在公园里遇到的人 |
[18:25] | Listen, there’s something | 听着 有些事情 |
[18:27] | I wanted to ask you even before I came here. | 来这里之前我就想问你了 |
[18:29] | I wrote down how to say it in Spanish. | 我用西班牙语写下来了 |
[18:34] | Seria inapropiado que le pida | 你觉得跟家教约会 |
[18:37] | a mi tutor tener una cita? | 会不会不合适 |
[18:40] | Uh… | 呃 |
[18:42] | Si. Mucho. | 当然 很对 |
[18:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:46] | Well, I guess I’ll see you around. | 好吧 我们学校再见 |
[19:05] | Hey, Avery. | 艾芙莉 |
[19:07] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:08] | I wanted to apologize for running out on you earlier. | 我是来为今天搞砸你的事情而道歉的 |
[19:12] | Let me show you what you missed. | 让我给你看看你都错过了什么 |
[19:15] | Your ranch was taken over by banditos? | 你的农场被土匪强占了 |
[19:19] | What? | 什么 |
[19:20] | Oh, you haven’t seen that episode yet. | 哦 你还没看到那集啊 |
[19:23] | I’m just trying to translate this note Wes read me. | 我正在努力翻译韦斯读给我的这张字条 |
[19:27] | It says; Would it be | 它是说 |
[19:28] | inappropriate for me to ask my tutor out on a date? | 邀请我的家庭教师约会会不会不合适 |
[19:31] | That’s great! | 太棒了 |
[19:32] | No, it’s not! | 不 一点也不 |
[19:35] | I said si. Mucho. | 我说了是的 很对 |
[19:36] | I said yes, it would be inappropriate. | 我说了是的 不合适 |
[19:39] | Actually, you said yes, very inappropriate. | 事实上 你说的是 是 非常不合适 |
[19:42] | That’s not better, is it? | 我让你觉得更糟了 是吗 |
[19:46] | I can’t believe this. | 难以置信 |
[19:47] | He finally asked me out and I turned him down. | 他终于约我出去了但是我拒绝了他 |
[19:50] | Maybe you could text him and explain. | 也许你可以给他发个短信解释一下 |
[19:52] | Explain what? How I lied about knowing Spanish? | 解释什么 说我撒谎说自己会西班牙语 |
[19:56] | This whole thing is just too embarrassing. | 整件事情都太尴尬了 |
[19:58] | I totally blew it with Wes. Again. | 我又一次把跟韦斯的事搞砸了 |
[20:06] | Oh, Stan. | 斯坦 |
[20:08] | Wow. Today’s been a bad day for me, too. | 今天我也很糟糕 |
[20:11] | I think I’m jealous of Tyler’s girlfriend. | 我觉得我嫉妒泰勒的女朋友 |
[20:24] | Now that Avery’s into boys, it’s | 现在艾芙莉喜欢男孩儿了 |
[20:26] | gonna be a lot like a Spanish soap opera around here. | 一切都会越来越像那个西班牙肥皂剧的 |
[20:29] | There’s gonna be a heartbreak every 15 minutes, | 每一刻钟就要有人心碎一次 |
[20:32] | and lots of charming smiles from handsome hombres. | 还有很多帅哥的迷人笑容 |
[20:37] | And helping Avery gave me a | 而帮助艾芙莉 |
[20:38] | whole new way to stay relevant with Tyler, too. | 也让我获得了一个跟泰勒维系关系的新办法 |
[20:41] | Hey, do you want to drive out to the lake? | 你想开车去湖边吗 |
[20:43] | Of course I want to drive out to the lake. | 我当然想开车去湖边了 |
[20:45] | That sounds totally awesome. | 听起来棒极了 |
[20:48] | Wait, what lake? | 等等 什么湖 |
[20:50] | I dunno. This town stinks. | 我不知道 这个小镇太糟了 |
[20:53] | I can’t wait till I have my own apartment. | 我等不及想要一套自己的公寓了 |
[20:55] | I know. Me, too. | 就是啊 我也觉得 |
[20:57] | Maybe I’ll get one by the lake! | 也许我可以在湖边买一个 |
[20:59] | Dude! | 伙计 |
[21:01] | I am so there! | 我也是这么想的 |
[21:03] | Dude! | 好兄弟 |
[21:08] | Well, I think this has been a | 我觉得 |
[21:10] | very successful first gathering of the Chloes. | 这是一次非常成功的克洛伊聚会 |
[21:12] | Boy, you all ate a lot. | 孩子们 你们吃的都不少啊 |
[21:14] | You’re pretty full, huh? | 都吃得挺饱吧 |
[21:19] | Gail Alejandra you didn’t eat very much. | 加伊·亚历杭德拉 你吃得不多啊 |
[21:23] | Oh, I don’t want to feel | 哦 我可不想 |
[21:25] | bloated for the tag rematch to get my name back. | 在追人游戏里饱得动弹不了 我要夺回我的名字 |
[21:28] | Oh yeah, when does that start? | 好吧 什么时候开始 |
[21:30] | I believe in three, two, one… go! | 我觉得吧 三 二 一 开始 |
[21:34] | Tag! Tag! Tag! | 抓住 抓住 抓住 |
[21:38] | Tag! I win! | 抓住 我赢了 |
[21:40] | They shouldn’t call me distracted Chloe, | 他们不许再叫我分心克洛伊了 |
[21:42] | they should call me smart Chloe because… | 他们都得叫我智慧克洛伊 因为 |
[21:43] | Whoa, those chicken bones look like a dinosaur! | 哇 这些鸡骨头看起来像恐龙 |