时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | It was a dark and stormy night, | 那晚夜黑风高 |
[00:11] | and the talking dog was holding a flashlight. | 说话的狗拿着手电 |
[00:15] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[00:16] | It’s a blog. No one can see me. | 这是博客 没人看得见我 |
[00:22] | I’ve never quite understood Halloween. | 我真搞不懂万圣节 |
[00:24] | Why do people get so excited about dressing up to beg for treats? | 人们为什么要那么兴奋地打扮一番然后要糖果呢 |
[00:28] | I beg for treats every day, | 我每天都要糖果 |
[00:29] | and I don’t have to wear makeup to do it. | 但我根本就不用化装 |
[00:32] | Unless I want to feel pretty. | 除非我想臭美 |
[00:38] | I didn’t hit save! | 我没点保存 |
[00:43] | Where is Avery? Should we start without her? | 艾芙莉哪去了 没她我们能开始吗 |
[00:45] | Uh, Tyler, we cannot plan Halloween without Avery. | 泰勒 没有艾芙莉我们没法策划万圣节 |
[00:48] | Avery is Halloween. | 艾芙莉是万圣节的关键 |
[00:50] | She does plan an amazing party. | 她确实策划了很棒的派对 |
[00:51] | Her effects were so realistic last year | 去年她搞出来的效果太逼真了 |
[00:53] | we still can’t get those Ghost Hunters to leave us alone. | 那些捉妖人还不肯离我们而去 |
[00:56] | Get out of here! | 赶紧走开 |
[01:00] | Sorry I’m late. I don’t know where my head is at. | 抱歉 我来晚了 我忘了把头放哪儿了 |
[01:07] | Avery, you’re an awesome prankster and a Halloween genius. | 艾芙莉 你太擅长恶作剧了 你就是万圣节天才 |
[01:11] | And like the candy we get on Halloween, you’re fun size. | 就像万圣节我们家的糖果 你是大家的乐趣之源 |
[01:15] | Avery, I hope your plans are amazing this year. | 艾芙莉 我希望今年你的计划会很精彩 |
[01:18] | Yeah, because last year was so incredible, | 嗯 因为去年太精彩了 |
[01:20] | now everyone wants to come. | 今年大家都要来 |
[01:22] | Will you get out of here! We are all alive! | 你们能不能出去 我们都是大活人 |
[01:26] | Yeah, Avery, this party better be great | 就是 艾芙莉 这次的派对一定要棒 |
[01:29] | because I’m counting on all the cute girls I’m inviting getting scared | 因为我想吓到所有受邀的漂亮美眉 |
[01:31] | so I can comfort them. | 然后我去安慰她们 |
[01:33] | I’m counting on all the boys I was forced to | 我想吓到那些我被迫邀请的男孩儿们 |
[01:36] | include getting scared so they’ll run away. | 吓得他们逃之夭夭 |
[01:38] | I don’t like boys. | 我不喜欢男孩 |
[01:39] | Or people who force me to include them. | 也不喜欢那些逼我邀请他们的人 |
[01:43] | All right, Halloween is days away, | 好的 还有几天就是万圣节了 |
[01:45] | and as members of the planning committee, | 策划组成员们 |
[01:48] | here are your assignments. | 以下为你们的任务 |
[01:49] | Mom, stay out of my way. Dad, stay out of my way. | 老妈 别管我 老爸 别管我 |
[01:52] | Tyler, stay out of my way. Chloe, you’re my assistant. | 泰勒 别管我 克洛伊 你是我的助手 |
[01:54] | – Yes! What do I do? – Stay out of my way. | -好的 我做什么呢 -别管我 |
[01:57] | But I’m the senior VP of skeletons, eyeballs, and “Woo” Sounds. | 但我是负责骷髅 眼珠 还有”呜”声的资深总管呀 |
[02:01] | Dad, that was just a figurehead position. | 老爸 那只是个傀儡职位 |
[02:04] | It didn’t mean anything. | 什么都不是 |
[02:05] | But it meant something to me. | 可是对我来说很重要 |
[02:07] | So, aren’t you even going to tell us what you’re planning? | 那你准备告诉我们你的计划吗 |
[02:09] | Well, after last year when Chloe spoiled the surprise that the | 因为去年克洛伊毁了那个 |
[02:12] | witch would be vomiting pea soup on everyone as they walked by… | 巫婆向每个路过的人吐豌豆汤的惊喜 |
[02:15] | Everything is now on a need-to-know basis. | 现在只能告诉你们必须知道的基本信息 |
[02:18] | And what did I tell you, Chloe? | 我当时是怎么跟你说的 克洛伊 |
[02:19] | Snitches hurt witches. | 告密者害惨了巫婆 |
[02:23] | Fine, Avery. You’re the boss. | 好吧 艾芙莉 你是头儿 |
[02:24] | And I’m not just saying that because | 我不仅同意而且 |
[02:26] | I’m hoping to be considered as the new VP of “Woo” Sounds. | 希望您老考虑我作”呜”声的新任主管 |
[02:30] | I just have one request; That Stan stays outside for the party. | 我只有一个要求 派对期间斯坦必须呆在外面 |
[02:33] | We don’t want him running to the | 我们不想让他 |
[02:35] | front door barking every time the doorbell rings. | 每次一听到门铃就跑到前门叫唤 |
[02:37] | I can’t talk in front of her, I can’t bark, | 在她面前我不能说话 不能叫唤 |
[02:40] | I can’t wear her nightgowns. What can I do? | 不能穿她的睡衣 我还能干什么 |
[02:43] | Why do you want to be at the party so much? | 你为啥这么想参加派对 |
[02:45] | I thought you didn’t care about Halloween. | 我还以为你根本不在乎万圣节呢 |
[02:47] | I care even less for being | 我更不在乎被关在外面 |
[02:48] | locked outside while everyone else goes wild. | 而其他人在里面玩得欢天喜地 |
[02:51] | It’s like being the cashier at an all-you-can-eat buffet. | 我就跟自助餐厅的收银员似的 |
[02:55] | Stan, mom doesn’t want you in the house. | 斯坦 老妈不想让你待在屋里 |
[02:58] | Unless she doesn’t know that it’s you. | 除非她不知道是你 |
[03:00] | Easy. I’ll change my name. Captain America. | 简单 我换名儿 美国队长 |
[03:04] | Stan, you can’t change your name to Captain America. | 斯坦 你不能把名字换成”美国队长” |
[03:07] | What, it’s not a free country? | 咋了 不是自由的国度吗 |
[03:08] | Because that’s what Captain America fights for. | 因为那是美国队长的奋斗目标 |
[03:11] | Well, I was thinking more like a costume. | 我的意思是 可以搞一身装扮 |
[03:13] | Great idea. I know just what to wear. | 好主意 我正好知道该穿什么 |
[03:17] | Get it? I’m a hot dog! | 看出来了吗 我是个热狗 |
[03:21] | Stan, the point is to wear a costume that disguises who you are. | 斯坦 重点是要装扮一番后让别人认不出是你 |
[03:24] | Got it. | 明白 |
[03:26] | Look at me. I’m an Italian sausage. | 看 我是个意大利香肠 |
[03:47] | Hey, guys. Check this out. | 嘿 各位 看我的 |
[03:55] | You realize that he’s at least the hundredth kid | 你知道他至少是这三天来第一百个 |
[03:57] | who’s done that in the last three days? | 模仿那个雕像的了吧 |
[03:59] | Yeah, but he’s the first one to make it work. | 知道 但他是第一个让我觉得搞笑的 |
[04:01] | Well, here’s a zany idea. | 这点子有点可笑哈 |
[04:03] | Why don’t you go talk to him? | 你为啥不过去和他搭讪呢 |
[04:04] | Yeah, the last time I tried that, | 嗯 上次我试着跟他搭讪 |
[04:05] | I accidentally embarrassed him in front of the whole school | 却不小心让他在全校同学面前颜面尽失 |
[04:09] | and now he wants nothing to do with me. | 现在他才不想理我呢 |
[04:11] | I just have to find something that we both have in common. | 我得找到我们俩之间的共同点来 |
[04:13] | For example, he’s always loved football. | 比如 他一直都很喜欢橄榄球 |
[04:15] | So starting today, I’ve always loved football. | 所以从今天开始 我一直都喜欢橄榄球 |
[04:20] | Name two teams. | 说两个队的名字 |
[04:21] | Home and away. | 主队和客队 |
[04:24] | What else are you changing about yourself? | 你还做了哪些改变 |
[04:25] | I’m very into steampunk, whatever that is. | 我很喜欢蒸汽朋克 随便那是啥吧 |
[04:29] | Okay, so here’s what we’re gonna do. | 我们接下来要这么做 |
[04:31] | Lindsay, when he heads to class, | 琳赛 他往教室走的时候 |
[04:33] | you throw me this football | 你向我扔这个球 |
[04:34] | and I’ll catch it right in front of him. | 然后我在他面前接住 |
[04:36] | Yep, nothing reels in a guy like hand-eye coordination. | 嗯 手眼协调能力最招男孩子的注意了 |
[04:40] | Ooh, ooh, I’m going long! | 哦 我要走了 |
[04:42] | – What does that mean? – I don’t know, just throw it! | -啥意思啊 -不知道 扔球就行了 |
[04:47] | Avery! | 艾芙莉 |
[04:51] | – Did I catch the ball? – No. | -我接到球了吗 -没 |
[04:53] | Did Wes notice me? – No. | -韦斯注意到我了吗 -没 |
[04:55] | Good. | 好吧 |
[04:58] | You know, if you’re looking for something you have in common, | 你要是想找你们俩的共同点 |
[05:00] | he loves Halloween. | 他喜欢万圣节呀 |
[05:01] | Isn’t that, like, your big thing? | 那不是你最拿手的吗 |
[05:03] | Lindsay, why didn’t you tell | 琳赛 你怎么不早说 |
[05:04] | me this before I face-planted into the locker? | 我撞上储物柜之前你干什么去了 |
[05:07] | I was excited. I’ve never thrown a football before. | 刚才太激动了 我从没投掷过橄榄球 |
[05:10] | I’m still not sure you’ve thrown a football. | 现在我仍然不相信你刚投掷了橄榄球 |
[05:13] | He loves Halloween? How did I miss that? | 他喜欢万圣节 我怎么没想到呢 |
[05:16] | I must have been too busy looking forward to Saint Patrick’s day. | 肯定是因为我过于期待圣巴特里克节的到来了 |
[05:19] | I wasn’t going to wear green and he was going to pinch me | 我不穿绿色的衣服 然后他掐我 |
[05:21] | and we’d be together forever. | 然后我们就永远在一起了 |
[05:23] | Simple. | 简单 |
[05:25] | All I know is I overheard him tell Dwight Chandler | 我听说他告诉德怀特·钱德勒 |
[05:27] | that he loves Halloween and can’t wait to go to his party. | 他喜欢万圣节 他迫不及待地想要参加他的派对 |
[05:30] | You guys, this is perfect. | 亲们 太好了 |
[05:32] | I’ll go to Dwight Chandler’s party | 我会去德怀特·钱德勒的派对 |
[05:34] | and totally connect with Wes over our love of Halloween. | 然后和韦斯一起分享我们对万圣节的喜爱 |
[05:37] | Because I sure can’t connect with him over the | 因为我肯定没法儿 |
[05:39] | fact that we both walk to his house after school. | 在他回家的路上跟他搭讪 |
[05:41] | Him on the sidewalk and me ducking behind bushes and cars. | 他在人行道上走着 而我在树丛车辆后面躲着 |
[05:46] | Oh, so what should my costume be? | 哦 我该打扮成什么样呢 |
[05:48] | I need something cute but scary. | 我需要装扮得既可爱又吓人 |
[05:49] | How about you right now? | 现在的你就是啊 |
[05:54] | What do you think? | 怎么样 |
[05:58] | Oh, you’re a mer-dog. | 哦 你是美狗鱼 |
[05:59] | No, I’m ruff seas. | 不 我叫”犬吠之海” |
[06:02] | Ruff seas? Come on. | 犬吠之海 帅气吧 |
[06:05] | Stan, I thought the point is that | 斯坦 我觉得重点是 |
[06:06] | you don’t want mom and dad to catch you at the party. | 在派对上不被老爸老妈逮着 |
[06:08] | You need to be completely hidden. | 你必须完全隐藏起来 |
[06:10] | Right. | 对 |
[06:12] | Wait a minute, if I’m in a | 等等 |
[06:13] | costume where no one knows I’m even a dog… | 要是我装扮得没人知道我是条狗 |
[06:16] | That means I could talk to people. | 那样的话 我就能跟人说话 |
[06:18] | I could talk to anyone! | 我可以跟任何人说话 |
[06:20] | I could even talk to Bennett and Ellen. | 我甚至可以跟班尼特还有艾伦说话 |
[06:22] | Ah, it’s overrated. | 啊 高估自己了吧 |
[06:24] | I have a question I’m dying to ask each of them. | 我有个问题一定要问问他们 |
[06:27] | But I also have a question I’m dying to ask you. | 我还有一个问题一定要问你 |
[06:29] | – Why are you dressed like Chloe? – I’m not dressed like Chl… | -你怎么跟克洛伊穿的一样 -我没有啊 |
[06:34] | Chloe, you can’t go as a fortune teller. That’s my thing. | 克洛伊 你不能扮成算命先生 那是我的拿手好戏 |
[06:37] | I’m gonna tell the girls at the party | 我会在派对上告诉那些女孩 |
[06:39] | that I can see their destiny. | 我能预见她们的命运 |
[06:41] | You will have a date with a tall, dark fortune teller. | 你将会和一位身材高大 皮肤黝黑的算命先生约会 |
[06:45] | I see failure in your future. | 我预见你将会失败 |
[06:49] | You don’t have to be a fortune teller to see that. | 不是算命先生都能预见到 |
[06:54] | I know you’re checking out my tail. | 我知道你们在看我的尾巴 |
[06:57] | Ellen, I will ask the kids which one of us gets to wear… oh. | 艾伦 我去问问孩子们咱俩谁 哦 |
[07:01] | Bennett, we need to decide which one of us… | 班尼特 我们得决定咱俩 |
[07:03] | You gotta be kidding me. | 没开玩笑吧 |
[07:05] | We’re fortune tellers. How did none of us see this coming? | 我们都是算命的 怎么都没算到这个呢 |
[07:09] | I am the only one coming even close to the accent. | 我是唯一口音比较像的 |
[07:14] | And you guys made fun of my gold clogs. | 你们还嘲笑我的金色木屐呢 |
[07:18] | So, um, I kind of have some bad news. | 嗯 我要告诉大家一个坏消息 |
[07:21] | I’m not going to be able to go to our family party. | 我不能参加我们家的派对了 |
[07:23] | I’m going to Dwight Chandler’s with my friends. | 我会和我的朋友去德怀特·钱德勒家的派对 |
[07:25] | What? Avery, you have been planning this party for months. | 啥 艾芙莉 你已经策划这个派对好几个月了 |
[07:28] | You made me buy hundreds of dollars of snake intestines. | 你让我买了几百块钱的蛇肠 |
[07:31] | They’re in the garage and they’re starting to stink. | 放在车库了 已经开始腐烂了 |
[07:33] | I said fake intestines. | 我说的是假肠子 |
[07:36] | So what about all the sheep eyes? | 还有那些羊眼呢 |
[07:39] | I said cheap pies. | 我是说便宜的馅饼 |
[07:41] | Oh. That explains the | 喔 那就说通了 |
[07:43] | suggestion to serve them warm with ice cream. | 怪不得建议要趁热和冰激凌一起端上来呢 |
[07:47] | Look, I can help you guys set up the party, but you’re gonna | 这样吧 我可以帮你们把派对办起来 |
[07:49] | have to run everything on your own, I’m not gonna be here. | 但你们得自己操作 我到时候就不来了 |
[07:52] | Whoa, whoa, I’m sorry, Avery, but you are going be here, | 喔 不好意思 艾芙莉 你必须在呀 |
[07:54] | we can’t do this without you. | 没你我们做不好的 |
[07:56] | Setting up is not enough. | 将派对办起来是远远不够的 |
[07:57] | We can’t pull this stuff off like you can. | 我们没法像你那样让排队欢闹起来 |
[07:59] | Are you forgetting what happened when I tried to | 难道你忘了当年我试着学你掉头的把戏 |
[08:01] | do your “Head falling off” Bit and got stuck? | 然后头卡在那儿了吗 |
[08:04] | Why won’t it come unstuck? | 怎么就弄不出来 |
[08:06] | Avery made it look so easy! | 艾芙莉做的时候那么简单 |
[08:08] | I’m gonna have to get a job in a bell tower. | 看来我得去钟楼找工作了 |
[08:12] | See, Avery? We need you. | 艾芙莉 你明白吗 我们需要你 |
[08:14] | Well, I need to go to Dwight’s party. | 但我一定要去德怀特家的派对 |
[08:16] | – Wes is gonna be there. – Who’s Wes? | -韦斯会去那儿 -韦斯是谁? |
[08:19] | Oh, it’s not important. | 哦 那不重要 |
[08:20] | But it’s really important! | 但是真的很重要 |
[08:23] | Avery, you sent fliers to all our neighbors. | 艾芙莉 你给我们的邻居们都发了传单了呀 |
[08:25] | We have people coming. | 大家都会来我们家 |
[08:27] | Forget people. I have girls coming and I’m dressed like my mom. | 别说大家 女孩子们会来 而我打扮的和我妈一样 |
[08:33] | I have boys coming. Thanks again, Mommy. Yuck. | 男孩子们会来 再次感谢 老妈 哎 |
[08:37] | Please. If my happiness means anything to you… | 拜托 要是你们还在乎我的幸福的话 |
[08:39] | There are going to be a lot of boys in your life, Avery. | 你一生中会遇到很多男孩 艾芙莉 |
[08:41] | No, no, there not. | 不是 才不是呢 |
[08:44] | Plus, you made a commitment to this family. | 再说 你已经对咱们家做出了承诺 |
[08:46] | And to all of our friends. I mean, | 还有我们的朋友们 |
[08:48] | we don’t bail just because we get a better offer. | 可不能因为有了更好的选择就放弃原先的承诺啊 |
[08:51] | You do not have permission to go to that party. | 你不准去那个派对 |
[08:54] | This is so unfair! | 这不公平 |
[08:56] | You know what would be unfair? | 你知道什么才不公平吗 |
[08:57] | A houseful of guests eating sheep eyes a la mode | 一屋的客人都吃着羊眼加冰淇淋 |
[09:00] | and not one of them is covered in witch puke. | 其中一个还被巫婆吐了一身 |
[09:04] | Fine. You can make me miss Dwight’s party, | 好 你们不让我去德怀特家的派对 |
[09:07] | but you can’t make me help you with yours. | 但你们不能逼我帮你们办派对 |
[09:10] | I’m on strike this Halloween. | 今年万圣节我罢工 |
[09:13] | This party is doomed. | 派对注定要失败了 |
[09:17] | No, really, this party’s doomed. | 真的 这个派对肯定要失败 |
[09:26] | Care for some “Horror” D’oeuvres? | 想来点”恐怖冷盘”吗 |
[09:33] | It’s not scary if they can see your entire body, dad. | 老爸 你的整个身子人家都能看到 怎么会吓到人 |
[09:39] | And what are you guys dressed as anyway? | 你们到底想打扮成什么呀 |
[09:41] | We are the scariest time of day… | 我们是当今最最吓人的 |
[09:45] | Midnight. | 死亡午夜 |
[09:48] | Well, I’m glad midnight made it to this party, | 嗯 很高兴午夜莅临这个派对 |
[09:50] | because this party’s not making it to midnight. | 因为这个派对估计办不到午夜 |
[09:53] | Avery, you are not going to that other party, | 艾芙莉 你不能去另外一个派对 |
[09:55] | so you should just honor your | 你应该兑现你的承诺 |
[09:56] | commitment and help us turn this party around. | 帮我们把这个派对搞活 |
[09:59] | I am not going to help you. | 我不会帮你们的 |
[10:00] | So why don’t you just let me go to Dwight’s party | 明明还有时间让我跟韦斯见个面 |
[10:02] | while there’s still time for me to meet up with Wes? | 为什么不让我去他家的派对 |
[10:05] | Well, I guess we’ll just see who cracks first, won’t we? | 那我们比比谁先眨眼吧 |
[10:07] | We will. | 行 |
[10:13] | Did this just become a staring contest? | 就变成不眨眼比赛啦 |
[10:14] | – No. – Then why don’t you blink? | -不是 -那你为啥不眨眼 |
[10:16] | Because I want to win the staring contest. | 因为我想赢下这个不眨眼比赛 |
[10:18] | I’ve gotta blink! My eyes dry out! It’s not fair! | 我得眨眼 我的眼睛累死了 不公平 |
[10:24] | Avery, I, I get why you’re mad at mom and dad. | 艾芙莉 我知道你为什么要跟爸妈生气 |
[10:27] | But you’re killing us. This party is terrible. | 但是你让我们都不好受啊 派对糟透了 |
[10:29] | Why are you dressed as a strip of bacon? | 你为啥打扮得像一块熏肉 |
[10:31] | This was the only costume left at the last minute | 这是最后剩下的唯一一套装扮 |
[10:33] | and I had to return my other costume because | 我还得把其他服装还回去 |
[10:35] | someone’s paper covered my scissors. | 因为某人出了布 压过了我的剪刀 |
[10:37] | – Scissors cuts paper. – Dang it! | -应该是剪刀剪掉布啊 -我去 |
[10:40] | Come on, Avery, you have to save this party. | 求你了 艾芙莉 你得救救这个派对 |
[10:43] | The only cute girl here is that Vegetarian in the corner | 这里的漂亮小妞就只有墙角的那位素食者 |
[10:45] | and I’m dressed as breakfast meat! | 而我穿的像一块早餐吃的咸肉 |
[10:48] | Please, save this party, | 求你了 救救这个派对吧 |
[10:50] | none of the boys are running away screaming. | 没一个男孩尖叫着逃之夭夭 |
[10:52] | Or peeing their pants. | 或者是吓尿裤子 |
[10:53] | Not even a little fear-tinkle. | 简直一点都不可怕 |
[10:58] | Avery, save this party or I’ll curse you! | 艾芙莉 救救这个派对吧 要不然我就诅咒你 |
[11:01] | I’m sorry, you guys. I have made a stand and I’m sticking to it. | 真对不住了 两位 我说到做到 |
[11:04] | I curse you! | 我诅咒你 |
[11:09] | We have to do something | 我们得做点什么 |
[11:10] | to get Avery back in the Halloween spirit. | 好让艾芙莉回到万圣节的气氛中 |
[11:13] | Hey, maybe if we pull a scary prank on her. | 对了 我们可以给她耍个恶作剧 |
[11:16] | She loves those. | 她就喜欢恶作剧 |
[11:18] | We’ll rig a trap so a bucket of fake blood dumps all over her. | 我们做个陷阱 然后倒她一身假血 |
[11:22] | It’ll snap her right back into the Halloween mood. | 一定会立马让她回到万圣节的气氛中 |
[11:24] | Or she’ll just be really mad and covered in fake blood. | 或者 她会因为一身假血而非常生气 |
[11:27] | Either way, I’ll be happy. | 不管怎么样 我都会很高兴 |
[11:29] | And if that doesn’t work, I’ll need a chicken and a chalice. | 要是没用 我就需要一只鸡和一个酒杯 |
[11:33] | Okay, you’re starting to freak me out. | 好吧 你开始吓到我了 |
[11:37] | Hey, who’s that good looking robot? | 嘿 那个漂亮的机器人是谁呀 |
[11:40] | There’s the sugar! | 哈 是我 |
[11:44] | What is a robot’s favorite dance? | 机器人最喜欢的舞蹈是 |
[11:47] | The twist. | 摇摆舞 |
[11:50] | You thought I was going to say the robot. | 你肯定猜我会说是机械舞 |
[11:54] | Wow, that’s a great costume, Stan. | 哇 装扮不错哦 斯坦 |
[11:56] | I can’t even tell you’re a dog in that. | 我都看不出来你是只狗 |
[11:58] | I know. Now I’m gonna go find Bennett and Ellen. | 我知道 我要去找班尼特还有艾伦 |
[12:01] | Oh, I can’t wait to talk to them! | 哦 真是迫不及待地想跟他们说话呢 |
[12:03] | There are these questions that I’m dying to ask them. | 我一定要问他们一下这些问题 |
[12:05] | What are they? | 啥问题 |
[12:06] | Well, actually, they’re… | 嗯 实际上 |
[12:07] | they’re kind of personal between me and them. | 是我和他们之间的私人问题 |
[12:09] | Now if only I could see better out of these eye holes. | 要是现在我能从这两个洞看得更清点就好了 |
[12:12] | Oh, that’s my bad. | 哦 我的错 |
[12:14] | Excuse me, scary guy. Human coming through. | 借过 吓人的家伙 人类借过 |
[12:18] | Oh boy. OK. | 噢 好的 |
[12:21] | There it is. | 进来了 |
[12:25] | Now’s my chance. | 现在我的机会来了 |
[12:26] | Uh, hi. | 嗨 |
[12:28] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[12:30] | Well, that’s an interesting costume. | 你的装扮很有意思哦 |
[12:32] | I can’t believe I’m actually talking to you. | 真是难以置信我正在跟您谈话 |
[12:34] | Oh, you’re a fan? You’ve read my books? | 哦 你是我的粉丝 读过我的书 |
[12:39] | Okay, so you obviously know me. What’s your name? | 好吧 很显然你了解我 你叫什么呢 |
[12:43] | I’m, uh, Jack. | 我叫杰克 |
[12:46] | O’lanternberg. | 奥兰丁波格 |
[12:49] | That’s an interesting name. | 很有趣的名字 |
[12:50] | Yes. My father was a Rabbi in Ireland. | 嗯 我爸是位爱尔兰的拉比 |
[12:53] | Anyway, there’s a question I really want to ask you. | 我有个问题很想问你 |
[12:56] | It’s about your dog. | 有关你的狗 |
[12:58] | I’m thinking of getting one for my kids. | 我正想着给我的孩子们弄一只 |
[13:00] | Oh. Well, I gotta tell ya, | 哦 这样啊 告诉你哦 |
[13:02] | he really brought our family together. | 他真真正正地把我们全家拧到了一起 |
[13:04] | Aw, stop it. | 哦 过奖过奖 |
[13:07] | So here’s my question. | 我的问题是 |
[13:09] | What was it about this dog that made you pick him? | 这只狗的特别之处在哪儿 你为什么会选他 |
[13:11] | I mean, you must have had a lot of choices. | 我的意思是 你当时肯定有很多选择 |
[13:14] | Well, when I was at the shelter, I just thought about my kids. | 我到动物收容所后 心里只想着孩子们 |
[13:17] | Chloe and Tyler were simple. | 克洛伊 泰勒还好办 |
[13:19] | Chloe loves animals, and Tyler’s… | 克洛伊 喜欢动物 泰勒 |
[13:22] | Simple. | 头脑简单 |
[13:25] | My real challenge was going to | 真正的挑战在于 |
[13:27] | be finding a dog that Avery could connect with. | 要找到一只能跟艾芙莉说上话的狗 |
[13:30] | And when I looked into Stan’s eyes, | 从斯坦的眼睛里 |
[13:32] | I could just see this | 我看见 |
[13:33] | intelligence behind them that the other dogs… | 这条狗透着聪明劲儿 |
[13:36] | Just didn’t have. | 其他狗没有的聪明劲儿 |
[13:38] | And I knew Avery and Stan were gonna be best friends. | 我就知道艾芙莉和斯坦会成为最好的朋友 |
[13:44] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[13:45] | Yeah, I was just thinking, Which dog should I choose? | 嗯 我就是在想我该选哪只狗 |
[13:49] | Well, good luck. Enjoy the party. | 祝你好运 玩的开心 |
[13:52] | And, uh, good luck enjoying the party. | 但愿你能玩得开心 |
[13:58] | I don’t believe it. It’s so beautiful. | 真难以置信 太美妙了 |
[14:06] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[14:09] | Oh, hey, Stan. | 嘿 斯坦 |
[14:12] | Bacon knows my name! | 熏肉知道我的名字 |
[14:18] | – Hey, girls. – Oh, hi, Mrs. Jennings. | -嘿 姑娘们 -你好 詹宁斯夫人 |
[14:20] | – Have you seen Avery? – Oh, I think she’s on the patio. | -您看见艾芙莉了吗 -哦 她可能在院子里 |
[14:22] | Hey, Lindsay, weren’t you the Mad Hatter last year? | 嘿 琳赛 你去年不就是疯帽人吗 |
[14:25] | Well, yeah, it’s the one outfit that goes with my favorite hat. | 嗯 是 只有这件外套和我最爱的帽子搭 |
[14:28] | And what are you supposed to be, Max? | 那你这扮的谁呀 麦克斯 |
[14:30] | I’m a twenty-eight-year-old | 我是一个二十八岁 |
[14:31] | barista with a master’s degree. Scary, huh? | 在咖啡馆打工的硕士 吓人吧 |
[14:35] | Hey, what are you guys doing here? | 嘿 你们来这儿做什么 |
[14:37] | You’re supposed to be at Dwight Chandler’s party, spying on Wes, | 你们应该在德怀特·钱德勒家的派对上 替我监视韦斯 |
[14:40] | and telling me everything he does, says, thinks, and likes. | 告诉我他的所做 所说 所想 所喜 |
[14:43] | Without actually talking to him, because he’s mine. | 而不跟他搭讪 因为他是我的 |
[14:46] | Well, we had a better idea. | 我们有个更好的主意 |
[14:48] | We spent the whole time at | 我们在德怀特的派对上 |
[14:49] | Dwight’s party saying how awesome this party is. | 狠劲儿夸这个派对是多么多么好 |
[14:51] | Then we started a rumor someone farted in Dwight’s punch bowl. | 然后我们制造谣言说有人在德怀特的饮料盆里放了屁 |
[14:54] | Then someone farted in Dwight’s punch bowl. | 然后某人真的在德怀特的饮料盆里放了屁 |
[15:00] | Who’s your best friend? | 谁让我是你的好朋友呢 |
[15:02] | The point is, Wes bailed on Dwight’s. He’s on his way. | 重点是韦斯离开了德怀特的派对 他正往这边来 |
[15:05] | Wait, Wes is coming here? To this party? | 啊 韦斯正在来这儿的路上 |
[15:08] | Well, yeah, we said it was great. | 嗯 我们说派对很棒 |
[15:13] | I think we may have oversold it. | 我觉得这牛可能是吹大了 |
[15:16] | Well, Avery, I hope you’re happy. The party’s over. | 艾芙莉 但愿你开心 派对完蛋了 |
[15:18] | No! No, it is not. | 没 没 没结束呢 |
[15:20] | We are going to make this the best Halloween party ever. | 我们要把这个派对办成有史以来最棒的万圣节晚会 |
[15:23] | But this party is dead. | 但整个派对死气沉沉的 |
[15:25] | No. It’s alive. | 不 它复活了 |
[15:28] | It’s alive! | 复活啦 |
[15:33] | I was just flicking the | 我就是随便闪闪 |
[15:35] | lights so everyone knows it’s time to go home! | 告诉大家 你们可以回家了 |
[15:38] | And I dropped this trash can lid. | 我还弄掉了这个垃圾筒盖子 |
[15:46] | Quickly, people, we’ve got to turn this party around! | 大伙 快点 我们得让晚会活跃起来 |
[15:50] | Tyler, get out of that costume. | 泰勒脱掉那套装扮 |
[15:51] | You don’t have to tell me twice! | 你不用给我说两遍 |
[15:54] | Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon… | 熏肉 熏肉 熏肉 熏肉 熏肉 熏肉 |
[15:58] | Avery, we are very impressed by your change of heart. | 艾芙莉 你能回心转意 我们很是惊讶 |
[16:00] | Wish it would have come a little sooner. | 要是早点就好了 |
[16:02] | Well, I realized I had made a commitment and I had to honor it. | 是这样的 我意识到自己做出了承诺就必须兑现 |
[16:05] | That boy is coming over here, isn’t he? | 那个男孩要来 是不是 |
[16:07] | Yes, he is. So snap to! | 是 所以呀快点 |
[16:10] | Ooh, wait. | 哦 等一下 |
[16:13] | – Wha… Avery! – Wh… hey! What are you doing? | -喂 艾芙莉 你这是做什么? |
[16:16] | No one gets “Midnight”. You’re dominoes. | 没人喜欢”死亡午夜” 你们是多米诺骨牌 |
[16:18] | Now get to work. | 工作去 |
[16:21] | Domino? More like domi-yes. | 多米诺骨牌 更像是家里的仆人 |
[16:24] | That was not a good one, Ellen. | 这个不好笑 |
[16:29] | Hi. Uh, Ellen, right? | 你好 是艾伦吧 |
[16:33] | Yeah. Who is that under there? | 你是谁啊 |
[16:34] | My name’s Jack O’lanternberg. | 我叫杰克· 奥兰丁波格 |
[16:37] | My father was a leprechaun in Israel. | 我爸是以色列的小精灵 |
[16:40] | I was talking to your husband earlier about your dog. | 我刚刚跟您丈夫讨论您家的狗来着 |
[16:43] | Oh, Stan didn’t get in, did he? | 哦 斯坦 他没进来吧 |
[16:45] | I told the kids to keep him outside. | 我告诉孩子们把他关在门外 |
[16:46] | No, he hasn’t bothered me at all. | 没 他没来烦扰我 |
[16:48] | Actually, he seems very sweet and lovable. | 实际上 他似乎很友好 讨人喜欢 |
[16:51] | And handsome. And really smart. | 又帅还特别聪明 |
[16:54] | I’ve seen him eat a pine cone. | 我看见过他吃松果 |
[16:56] | He’s not that smart. | 他没那么聪明 |
[16:59] | So there’s something I really want to know. | 我真的很想知道 |
[17:01] | Why don’t you like dogs? | 你为什么不喜欢狗狗 |
[17:03] | Why do you really want to know that? | 你为什么很想知道呢 |
[17:05] | I’m a robot. I thirst for knowledge. | 我是机器人 渴求知识 |
[17:08] | It’s not that I don’t like dogs, it’s just that, um… | 我也不是不喜欢狗狗 就是 |
[17:11] | Something happened once. I don’t want to talk about it. | 以前发生了一些事情 我不想说 |
[17:14] | Well, I certainly don’t want to pry… | 哦 我不是想窥探隐私 |
[17:16] | When I was eight, I was a lonely girl. | 我八岁的时候是个孤僻的女孩 |
[17:18] | I didn’t get along with my sister, | 我跟姐姐合不来 |
[17:20] | my parents weren’t around that much and… | 父母也不常在身边 |
[17:22] | I had no friends. | 我没什么朋友 |
[17:23] | And then one day, this dog followed me home from school. | 有一天 有只狗跟着我从学校回到家 |
[17:26] | I named him Rascal and he became my best friend. | 我叫他捣蛋鬼 他成了我最好的朋友 |
[17:30] | The only one I could talk to. | 我能交心谈话的朋友 |
[17:33] | When I’d sit on the couch, he’d put his head on my lap and, | 我坐在沙发上的时候 他趴在我的大腿上让我抚摸 |
[17:36] | suddenly I didn’t feel alone. | 突然间我不再觉得孤单 |
[17:38] | And then one day, he, he just ran away and I was alone again. | 有一天他跑了 我又成了孤身一人 |
[17:45] | I’ve never liked dogs since then. | 从那以后我再也不喜欢狗狗了 |
[17:48] | Oh, my gosh, I, I had no idea. | 哦 天哪 我之前不知道 |
[17:51] | Well, how would you? | 你怎么会知道呢 |
[17:53] | You know, not all dogs are the same. | 你要知道 不是所有的狗都一样 |
[17:57] | I bet if you gave your dog a chance, he just might surprise you. | 我敢打赌 要是给你的狗一个机会 他说不定会带给你惊喜 |
[18:01] | The only time he ever surprised | 唯一让我惊讶的一次是 |
[18:03] | me was when the whole pine cone came out. | 他竟让把整个松果拉便便拉了出来 |
[18:06] | It surprised me, too. | 当时我也很惊讶 |
[18:14] | Avery, this place looks amazing! You look amazing! | 艾芙莉 这个派对真棒 你看起来真美 |
[18:17] | How did you do it all so quickly? | 你怎么这么快就全搞定了 |
[18:19] | The real question is, | 真正的问题是 |
[18:21] | how did you do what you did with so much time? | 你怎么花了那么长时间搞成那样子 |
[18:29] | That’s right, boys. Run. | 就是这样 男孩们 跑啊 |
[18:32] | Watch the fear-tinkle. | 小心别被吓着哦 |
[18:36] | Pretty six-y, huh? | 相当六吧 |
[18:40] | Oops, I miscounted. | 噢 我数错了 |
[18:42] | I’ll get back to you with a five joke. | 我有了关于五的笑话再来找你 |
[18:49] | Is he coming? | 他来了吗 |
[18:50] | Wes and his friends are walking up the driveway. | 韦斯还有他的朋友们走到前门车道上了 |
[18:52] | They’ll be here any second. | 他们随时到达 |
[18:53] | Well, I’m ready for them. | 好 我已经准备好了 |
[18:55] | Ooh, wait, I’m gonna make an entrance. | 哦 我要搞个入场式 |
[19:00] | Wow, this place looks cool. | 哇 这个派对看起来真不错 |
[19:03] | Hey, whose party is this again? | 这是谁的派对来着 |
[19:13] | Oh, what’s this doing here? This doesn’t look safe. | 哦 这是干嘛呀 看起来挺不安全的 |
[19:17] | Oh, no! We forgot to take down our fake blood prank! | 不好 我们忘了把假血拿下来 |
[19:36] | No! | 不要啊 |
[19:54] | Whoa! | 哇哦 |
[19:55] | That was an awesome stunt! You look great! | 表演太棒了吧 你看起来棒极了 |
[20:00] | Thanks, I love Halloween. | 谢谢 我爱万圣节 |
[20:03] | So do I. | 我也爱 |
[20:06] | You know um, I’m really glad you’re at my party. | 告诉你哦 我很高兴你能来我的派对 |
[20:09] | Yeah, me too. | 嗯 我也很高兴 |
[20:11] | You know, you’re pretty cool. | 知道吗 你挺酷的 |
[20:16] | Look they’re talking, isn’t this great? | 看看 他们在谈话 这不是很好嘛 |
[20:20] | I don’t want to alarm you or anything but, | 我不是想警告你 |
[20:22] | I think the punch bowl farter is at your party. | 我觉得那个在饮料盆里放屁的孩子在你的派对上 |
[20:27] | Avery, I am so sorry, | 艾芙莉 抱歉 |
[20:29] | we had this prank set up, then I forgot… | 我们设了这个恶作剧 然后给忘了 |
[20:31] | And it worked out perfectly. | 然后完美运作 |
[20:33] | Just like we planned, now run along. | 正如我们策划的那样 现在呢 快闪人 |
[20:40] | We’re dominoes, how did none of us see this coming? | 我们是多米诺骨牌 怎么没一个人预见到这事情 |
[20:44] | I did. | 我预见了 |
[20:48] | So Avery made a connection with Wes, | 就这样 艾芙莉和韦斯搭上了讪 |
[20:50] | and got something she always wanted… | 然后得到了她一直以来梦寐以求的东西 |
[20:52] | And I got something I always wanted from Bennet and Ellen… | 我也从班尼特和艾伦那儿得到了我梦寐以求的东西 |
[20:55] | It meant more to me than I can say. | 其意义溢于言表 |
[20:57] | I can’t wait till I get to talk to them next year. | 我真迫不及待地想在明年再跟他们谈话 |
[21:00] | I already know what I’m going as. | 我都想好装扮成谁了 |
[21:02] | The punch bowl farter. | 往饮料盆里放屁的人 |
[21:09] | So then Wes said… | 然后韦斯说 |
[21:11] | “You’re pretty cool”. | 你挺酷的 |
[21:14] | He said to me, “Is this hummus?” | 他问我 “这是鹰嘴豆沙吗?” |
[21:15] | But he’s still yours I’m not going to swoop in. | 但他是你的 我才不想理他呢 |
[21:21] | Hey, who let you back in? | 嘿 谁放你进来的 |
[21:24] | Don’t worry, I’ll never leave you. | 别担心 我不会离你而去的 |
[21:27] | Ah, come on Stan, back outside till we’re done cleaning up. | 斯坦 起来我们打扫干净然后你再进来 |
[21:31] | Don’t worry about it, he’s fine. | 没事 他挺好 |
[21:34] | Hey you know, I was talking to the nicest guy about Stan… | 告诉你 我跟一个可好的人讨论斯坦了呢 |
[21:38] | Really, so was I. | 是吗 我也是哦 |
[21:40] | Oh look he’s still here, let’s go say hi. | 看 他还在 我们过去打个招呼吧 |
[21:42] | Ah, hey Jack. I didn’t know you were still here. How’s it going? | 嘿 杰克 你还在这儿呢 还好吧 |
[21:46] | Great. It was really nice talking to you guys tonight. | 挺好 今晚跟你们聊得很开心 |
[21:50] | Aw, thanks. You too. | 哦 谢谢 我们也很开心 |
[21:52] | Oh no! | 不好 |
[21:53] | Jack are you alright? | 杰克你还好吧 |
[21:57] | Where are those Ghost Hunters when you need them? | 捉妖的哪去了 我们需要捉妖人 |