时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | – Oh, dear. – Hey, mom. | -天哪 -嘿 妈妈 |
[00:07] | Honey, you always check the firmness of the sidewalk | 亲爱的 你在走人行道之前 |
[00:10] | before you step on it, don’t you? | 总会先检查它是不是结实 是吧 |
[00:11] | Uh, no. Why? | 呃 没有 咋了 |
[00:13] | A jogger in England fell through up to her armpits. | 英格兰一个人慢跑的时候直接掉到人行道里 只有胳膊露在外 |
[00:16] | She’s all right, but it just seems to be happening more and more. | 她倒没事 只是这种事儿发生的越来越频繁了 |
[00:19] | Fine. No sidewalks. | 好吧 以后不走人行道了 |
[00:21] | Is it okay if I meet Dustin today… if I leap from roof to roof? | 我今天从一个屋顶到另一个屋顶地跳着去见达斯汀怎么样 |
[00:25] | Wow, you guys have been seeing each other for a while. | 哇 你俩最近一直在约会哦 |
[00:28] | So sweet. Fresh bloom of flowering emotions. | 好甜蜜啊 你们的爱情像花骨朵一样含苞待放 |
[00:31] | Mom, gross! | 妈 好恶心 |
[00:32] | What? There’s nothing gross about liking a boy. | 啥 喜欢一个男孩没啥恶心的 |
[00:34] | No. You talking about it is gross. | 不是喜欢男孩恶心 你这么说很恶心 |
[00:37] | Fine. I know you don’t like to talk about these things. | 随你便 我知道你不喜欢我说这些事情 |
[00:40] | Would it be gross if I asked you where you’re going? | 我问你准备去哪儿不会恶心你吧 |
[00:42] | Well, it wasn’t until you | 嗯 如果你别给我一脸 |
[00:44] | made your “My little girl is growing up” Face. | “我的小闺女长大了”的表情就行 |
[00:46] | But we’re going to a spoken word poetry slam | 我们要去参加一个口语诗歌沙龙 |
[00:49] | at this really cool place called “Place”. | 那地方相当酷 名字就叫“地方” |
[00:52] | I love poetry. I rhyme all the time. | 我喜欢诗歌 我一直压着韵说话 |
[00:55] | Good one, Ellen. How good? There’s no telling. | 说的好 艾伦 咋好了 你又看不出来 |
[00:58] | – I need grapes. Grapes will help. – What’s wrong with dad? | -我要葡萄 葡萄会有用的 -我爸咋了 |
[01:01] | I’ll tell you what’s wrong with dad. | 我来告诉你你爸咋了 |
[01:03] | Dad is a little uptight because dad has to | 你爸有点紧张 |
[01:05] | turn in his book in two days and dad isn’t finished. | 因为你爸要在两天之后交书稿 但你爸还没写完 |
[01:07] | – That’s what’s wrong with dad. – What’s wrong with dad? | -这就是你爸的问题 -我爸咋了 |
[01:09] | I’ll tell you what’s wrong with dad, dad is a little uptight… | 我来告诉你你爸咋了 老爸有点紧张因为 |
[01:12] | Your father has put off finishing his book until the last minute, | 你爸一直拖着没把书稿写完 |
[01:14] | and now he’s stressing out. | 现在他压力山大 |
[01:16] | – You procrastinated! – It’s part of my creative process. | -你还会拖延 -这是我创作过程的一部分 |
[01:20] | Really? You’ve been drawing | 真的 你一直在画 |
[01:21] | hand turkeys and repairing the heels on your shoes. | 手形火鸡 修你的鞋跟 |
[01:23] | Why pay a cobbler? I have the tools. | 何必找鞋匠呢 我有工具啊 |
[01:27] | You know, I thought I’d set a better example for you, Bennett. | 你知道吗 我本以为我可以以你为榜样 班尼特 |
[01:29] | – I’m very disappointed in you. – Very disappointed. | -我对你很失望 -相当失望 |
[01:33] | – Is everybody done? – Everybody but you. | -你们说够没有 -只有你没干完活儿 |
[01:39] | Procrastination is a funny thing. | 拖延症很有意思 |
[01:41] | And I’ll tell you all | 我看完这个可以展示 |
[01:42] | about it as soon as I check out this website | 给鼻子做完整容之后的样子的网站后 |
[01:44] | that shows what I’d look like with a nose job. | 就告诉你关于它的一切 |
[01:46] | Here’s what I’d look like with George Clooney’s nose. | 这是我整成乔治・克鲁尼的鼻子后的模样 |
[01:50] | Here’s me with a pig nose. | 这是猪鼻子 |
[01:54] | Oh, this is such a time-waster. | 真是打发时间的好东西 |
[01:56] | Ooh, what would I look like with bigger ears? | 我要是有一对大耳朵会是什么样 |
[02:11] | Dog With a Blog S01E17 Avery’s First Breakup | |
[02:20] | Bennett, you’ve been nursing | 班尼特 你守着一杯咖啡 |
[02:22] | that same cup of coffee for half an hour. | 一个半小时了 |
[02:24] | It’s time to get back to work. | 是时候回去工作了 |
[02:26] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[02:27] | This is just the kind of gentle push that I need to motivate my… | 我只需要补充一点点能量好让我有动力去 |
[02:30] | Oh, look, Avery’s back! Tell us everything about your date, | 喔 看 艾芙莉回来了 跟我们说说你的约会吧 |
[02:32] | no matter how many hours it takes. | 说多长时间都行 |
[02:34] | Ah, it was fine. The poetry slam was great. | 啊 还不错 诗歌沙龙棒极了 |
[02:37] | Dustin and I broke up, then I had a peach, now I’m home. | 达斯汀和我分手了 然后我吃了一个桃 现在我回家了 |
[02:40] | Waah. What? You broke up? What happened? | 啊 啥 你们分手了 怎么回事 |
[02:43] | – Are you okay? – Oh, yeah. Fine. Totally fine. | -你还好吗 -嗯 还好 好极了 |
[02:46] | It was mutual. | 这是双方的决定 |
[02:48] | We had a friendly, though somewhat dispassionate hug. | 我们进行了一次毫无激情的的友善拥抱 |
[02:50] | Then I had the peach I mentioned earlier. | 然后我就吃了我前面说过的桃 |
[02:53] | Then I signed up to do a spoken word piece next week. | 然后我就报名在下周做一个演讲 |
[02:55] | I’ve actually already started it. | 我其实已经开始准备了 |
[02:57] | It’s about a guy named Saul… | 这是关于一个叫索尔的人的故事 |
[02:59] | Saul Good. | 好极了 |
[03:01] | “Two kids who met in school”. | 两个小孩在学校邂逅 |
[03:03] | “At first, he was just my alge-bro”. | 一开始 他只是我的亲密玩伴 |
[03:06] | Then it was a little mo’, now it’s no mo’. | 后来他成为了我的玩伴 现在啥也不是 |
[03:09] | Saul Goode… | 好极了 |
[03:11] | I’m gonna go work on it. | 我要开始写了 |
[03:14] | Wow. She, uh, she really took that breakup well. | 哇 她 她没怎么受分手的打击嘛 |
[03:17] | That’s Avery… my brave soldier. | 这就是艾芙莉 我勇敢的战士 |
[03:19] | – Should you go talk to her? – No. No. | -你不去跟她谈谈 -不 不用 |
[03:21] | I know my daughter. She | 我了解我闺女 |
[03:22] | doesn’t like to talk about the emotional stuff. | 她从来不说她感情的事 |
[03:24] | Every time I’ve tried, she’s pushed me away, but she’s fine. | 每次我试着让她说 她总会拒绝 但她肯定没问题 |
[03:27] | Even when she was little, she didn’t shed a single | 她小时候发现她的宠物蜥蜴卷进吸尘器 |
[03:30] | tear when her pet lizard got sucked into the vacuum. | 甚至都没流一滴眼泪 |
[03:31] | I mean, ran away. | 我是说 蜥蜴逃跑的时候 |
[03:36] | And that’s why no matter how tempting it might seem, | 所以说无论亲猴子这种事多有吸引力 |
[03:39] | you should never kiss a monkey. | 你也永远别去尝试 |
[03:43] | One of my favorite things about working at the food truck, Hawk, | 霍克 在餐车工作最让我觉得惬意的事就是 |
[03:46] | is hearing all the cool stories you tell where you almost lose a lip. | 去听你那些又酷又惊险的故事 |
[03:50] | I am nothing if not a cautionary tale. | 我的存在就是为了警示他人 |
[03:53] | Look at all this garbage I found under the truck. | 看看我在车底找到的垃圾 |
[03:55] | Bottles, wrappers, | 瓶子 包装纸 |
[03:57] | and these two blocks of wood some doofus left behind the tires. | 还有这两块被傻瓜留在轮胎后面的木块 |
[04:00] | Yeah, see, these are wheel blocks, tall buddy. | 嗯 你看 这是用来挡车轮的 傻大个 |
[04:04] | Couple of years ago I traded | 两年前我用 |
[04:06] | my emergency brake for a really cool cowboy hat. | 我的紧急刹车换了一顶超帅的牛仔帽 |
[04:09] | These keep the truck from rolling away, | 这些木块可以防止卡车移位 |
[04:11] | which gives me peace of mind, since I live in it. | 让我有安全感 因为我住在里面 |
[04:19] | Sure love to see that cowboy hat. | 非常愿意看看你那顶牛仔帽 |
[04:25] | “His name was Dustin, | 他名叫达斯汀 |
[04:27] | and I wasn’t nonplussed in, fact; Saul Goode”. | 而我并没有被困扰 其实我好极了 |
[04:32] | It’s your first breakup. You’re sadder than you’re letting on. | 这是你第一次分手 你比看起来更伤心 |
[04:35] | I can smell it. | 我可以闻到 |
[04:37] | – You smell sadness? – Oh, yeah. | -你能闻到悲伤 -嗯 没错 |
[04:39] | Dogs smell fear, joy, sadness… butts, of course. | 狗能闻到恐惧 喜悦 悲伤 当然还有屁股 |
[04:43] | Sad smells like a puddle on the street where | 悲伤闻起来就像街上的土 |
[04:45] | there’s also been a tiny piece of salami. | 和一小块腊肠混起来的味道 |
[04:48] | Well, your smeller needs to be recalibrated, | 那么你的嗅觉该调调了 |
[04:52] | because I am just fine. | 因为我没事 |
[04:53] | I can comfort you. I’m a dog. It’s my thing! | 我来安慰你 我是条狗 我就是干这个的 |
[04:57] | Come on, pet me. It’s why I use conditioner. | 来吧 爱抚我 这就是我用护发素的原因 |
[05:01] | Is this helping at all? | 这有帮助吗 |
[05:03] | If I go any deeper I’m gonna get a snout cramp. | 我要是再往你怀里钻我的鼻子就要抽筋了 |
[05:07] | Okay, Stan, can dogs smell annoyed? | 好吧 斯坦 狗能闻到厌烦吗 |
[05:09] | Because you’re starting to bug me. | 因为你现在正在烦我 |
[05:10] | Oh, yeah. It’s mustard with a little bit of dirty balloon. | 嗯 我闻到了 就像芥末配上脏气球的味儿 |
[05:15] | Stan please. I’m trying to work on my poem. | 斯坦 让我自己一人呆会儿 我要写我的诗 |
[05:22] | I know she’s sad. I have to figure out a way to help her. | 我知道她很伤心 我要找个方法帮助她 |
[05:26] | Strawberries and rabbit? | 草莓和兔子味 |
[05:28] | Oh. Chloe’s excited about something. | 哦 克洛伊正为什么事欣喜若狂呢 |
[05:33] | There’s the sugar! | 没错吧 |
[05:41] | How’s it going in there, honey? How’s the book coming? | 你在里面怎么样了 亲爱的 书写得怎么样了 |
[05:43] | Fantastic! But I need quiet. Do not come in. | 进展顺利 我需要安静的空间 别进来 |
[05:47] | It’s like a blizzard of ideas in here! | 我在里面文思泉涌着呢 |
[05:52] | This is awesome! | 酷毙了 |
[05:55] | Don’t tell mommy. | 不要告诉你妈 |
[05:56] | She wouldn’t understand | 她不会理解 |
[05:57] | how important this is to my creative process. | 这对我的创作进程有多重要 |
[05:59] | How is this important to your creative process? | 这对你的创作进程有多重要 |
[06:02] | That’s a good question, | 问得好 |
[06:03] | but it’s gonna take a long time to answer. | 不过要回答这个问题可得花点工夫 |
[06:06] | – So let’s go discuss it over a snack. – Okay! | -我们边吃边讨论 -好呀 |
[06:10] | Yikes. Sometimes I don’t know if he is a child psychologist | 好极了 有时候我真搞不懂他到底是个儿童心理医生 |
[06:13] | or he needs a child psychologist. | 还是他需要去看儿童心理医生 |
[06:18] | There’s gotta be something in here that can help Avery. | 这里一定有写可以帮到艾芙莉的东西 |
[06:20] | What have you written so far, Bennett? | 你写出点啥了 班尼特 |
[06:24] | This is an outrage! I’m not in the dedication! | 太过分了 我不在献词里 |
[06:27] | Come on, come on… | 在哪里 在哪里 |
[06:29] | “Chapter four. Mother knows best. | 第四章 妈妈知道该怎么办 |
[06:31] | She was once a teenage girl too”. | 她也曾经是青春少女 |
[06:33] | How is that gonna help Avery? Wait… | 这怎么能帮到艾芙莉 等等 |
[06:40] | I really appreciate you letting me spend the night here, Tyler. | 你能让我在这儿过夜我真的很感激 泰勒 |
[06:43] | You live in that truck, and I crashed it. | 你住的餐车让我毁了 |
[06:44] | It’s the least I can do. Let me just clear it with my folks. | 这是我应该做的 先让我把事情跟我家人说清楚 |
[06:47] | If it’s a problem, | 如果不行 |
[06:48] | The Hawk has spent many a night under the stars. | 我雄鹰霍克曾在繁星下度过许多的晚上 |
[06:50] | Once in the flamingo marsh at the zoo. | 有一次我在动物园的火烈鸟沼泽里呆了一夜 |
[06:52] | I actually started to grow feathers. Look. | 我都开始长羽毛了 看看 |
[06:59] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[07:02] | So, uh, it’s okay if I stay? | 那么 我住下可以吗 |
[07:04] | You’re staying here until your truck is fixed tomorrow. | 你在明天车修好前就住在这里 |
[07:07] | I insist, my parents will insist. | 我坚持让你住 我爸妈就会同意的 |
[07:09] | – Is it okay if a buddy spends the night… – Absolutely not. | -我的好哥们儿在这儿住一晚行不行 -绝对不行 |
[07:13] | – But mom, I… – Your father has to finish his book. | -妈 但是我 -你爸要完成他的书稿 |
[07:15] | No distractions. Right, Bennett? | 不能分他的神 对吧 班尼特 |
[07:19] | Bennett! | 班尼特 |
[07:20] | Building a juice box jumbo jet is part of my process. | 做一架纸盒飞机是我创作进程的一部分 |
[07:23] | I’m gonna go up on the roof and see if this baby flies. | 我要到楼顶看看这小家伙能不能飞起来 |
[07:28] | – Could my friend just stay… – No! | -能不能就让我的朋友呆 -不行 |
[07:30] | They’re cool with it. Come on in. | 他们没意见 进来吧 |
[07:38] | What a day! Ha ha ha! | 多累的一天啊 哈哈 |
[07:40] | I just want to put my feet up and relax. | 我就想好好地歇一会儿 |
[07:43] | Yes, Ellen, I’m going back to work. | 是 艾伦 我马上回去工作 |
[07:45] | – Race you up the stairs! – Oh! | -比谁爬楼梯快 -噢 |
[07:47] | Go go go! | 跑 跑 跑 |
[07:50] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[07:52] | How big are your feet getting?! | 你的脚现在有多大了 |
[07:59] | Oh. It smells even sadder in here. | 噢 这儿闻起来更悲伤了 |
[08:05] | Stan. | 斯坦 |
[08:06] | There’s something in your dad’s new book that can help you. | 你爸的新书里有些内容可以帮到你 |
[08:09] | I told you, I don’t need any help. | 我给你说过 我不需要任何帮助 |
[08:11] | Now what do you think of this… | 你觉得这篇怎么样 |
[08:13] | “Other people might have their heart shattered”. | 他人之心 尽皆粉碎 |
[08:15] | “Feelings scattered, dignity tattered, | 感情消逝 尊严尽失 |
[08:17] | soul battered, hope splattered”. | 灵魂湮灭 希望幻灭 |
[08:19] | “Lucky for me, it never really mattered”. | 吾之所幸 幸无大碍 |
[08:22] | I like the light, breezy tone. | 我喜欢听你清脆 轻松的声音 |
[08:25] | Avery, your dad’s book says your mom is the key. | 艾芙莉 你爸的书说你妈妈是解决问题的关键 |
[08:28] | She’ll know how to help you. | 她知道该怎么帮助你 |
[08:29] | You just have to ignore all the | 你只需要忽略她嘴里 |
[08:31] | craziness that usually comes out of her mouth. | 说出的所有疯狂言论 |
[08:33] | That’s my part, it wasn’t in the book… until I typed it. | 这是我说的 这段话是我私自加到书里去的 |
[08:37] | She’s the last person I want to talk to about getting dumped. | 被甩掉这种事我跟谁谈也不会跟她谈 |
[08:40] | We don’t really have that kind of relationship. | 我们的关系真的不适合谈论那种事 |
[08:42] | Wait. Dustin dumped you? | 等等 是达斯汀甩了你 |
[08:44] | You said it was mutual. No wonder you’re so upset. | 你说是你们共同的决定来着 怪不得你这么伤心 |
[08:47] | – I’m not upset! – Then why are you raising your voice? | -我不伤心 -那为什么要提高嗓门呢 |
[08:49] | I’m not raising my voice. You have super-hearing. | 我没提高嗓门 你的听力太好了 |
[08:52] | And a dramatic profile. | 还有生动的形象 |
[08:55] | But that’s not the point. | 但这不是重点 |
[08:57] | I’m fine. I don’t need to talk to mom, or anyone else. | 我没事 我不需要和妈妈或其他人谈 |
[09:00] | It’s like what mom always says: I’m her brave soldier. | 就像她常说的那样 我是她勇敢的战士 |
[09:04] | Avery, I want to help you! | 艾芙莉 我想帮你 |
[09:06] | Well, I want you to leave me alone! | 那你就让我自己待会儿 |
[09:09] | Now I’m smelling a little bit of pee. | 现在我闻到了一股尿味 |
[09:11] | Probably because she snapped at me and it scared me. | 可能是她对我太凶了 我被她吓着了 |
[09:15] | If Avery won’t go to her mom, | 如果艾芙莉不去找她妈妈 |
[09:16] | I’ve gotta get her mom to go to her. | 那我必须让她妈妈去找她 |
[09:18] | I’ve gotta get this message to Ellen. | 我必须把这个信息传给艾伦 |
[09:20] | But I have to be subtle. | 但是我得含蓄一点 |
[09:25] | I’m here to tell you you’ve got a problem. | 我在这儿啊 告诉你啊 你有了个小麻烦啊 |
[09:28] | So you need to talk to… | 你呀需要去找 |
[09:32] | So much for The Gorilla-Gram. | 大猩猩计划彻底失败 |
[09:34] | On to Plan B. | B计划启动 |
[09:36] | Yes, hello, this is one of Avery’s teachers, | 你好 我是艾芙莉的老师 |
[09:40] | – I really think you need to talk… – I’m sorry. Your name is? | -我觉得你最好和 -不好意思 你的名字是 |
[09:43] | My name? | 我的名字 |
[09:45] | Mr. Dogman. | 我叫道格曼 |
[09:45] | (注:直译为“狗人”) | |
[09:47] | Stan, you want to come to my tea party? | 斯坦 你想参加我的茶会吗 |
[09:49] | My imaginary friend under-the-stair bear might be there. | 我的幻想朋友 楼梯下的小熊可能会参加 |
[09:53] | Ow! You’re on my tail! | 噢 你坐我尾巴上了 |
[09:55] | – What?! – Oh… my… my ponytail. | -啥 -哦 我的 我的马尾辫 |
[09:57] | I’m a hippie. I teach English, man. | 我是嬉皮士 我教英文 伙计 |
[10:01] | I know all of Avery’s teachers. I don’t recall a Mr. Dogman. | 我知道所有艾芙莉的老师 我不记得有一个叫道格曼的人 |
[10:05] | Chloe, do you know a teacher at school named Mr. Dogman? | 克洛伊 你知道有个叫道格曼的老师吗 |
[10:08] | Yes. I hear he’s ruff! | 有 我听过他学狗叫 |
[10:11] | Oh, I’m a substitute. I’m filling in for Mr. Sickman. | 噢 我是代课老师 我来代替西克曼老师 |
[10:11] | (注:直译为“得病的人”) | |
[10:15] | And I suppose he’s out sick. | 我猜他请病假了吧 |
[10:17] | No, he’s at a friend’s wedding, actually. | 不 他其实是去参加朋友的婚礼了 |
[10:20] | I don’t appreciate prank phone calls. | 我很讨厌搞怪电话 |
[10:22] | No, don’t hang up. I… Oh. | 不 别挂 我 |
[10:25] | Well, at least the call I made before this worked out. | 至少我打的上上个电话成了 |
[10:28] | We’ve got fifteen pizzas coming! | 十五个披萨马上送来 |
[10:35] | Oh! Where are you going?! I said you could hang my room. | 哦 你要去哪儿 我说过你可以待在我的房间里 |
[10:37] | Gotta eat, need my late-afternoon early-evening pre-dinner nosh. | 我要吃东西 吃我的下午晚饭前加餐 |
[10:41] | This is a finely tuned machine. | 这是一个超大的饭桶 |
[10:44] | – Okay, okay… – You do not want a lightheaded Hawk. | -好吧 好吧 -你不会想见到一个晕头转向的雄鹰的 |
[10:47] | He don’t fly so straight. | 他从来都飞不直 |
[10:49] | Go back to my room and I’ll bring you a snack. | 回我的房间我给你拿些零食 |
[10:51] | Oh, you’re a good man. | 噢 你太好了 伙计 |
[10:53] | And I’m not fussy, but if you’ve | 我不挑食 但是如果 |
[10:55] | got fresh seasonal fruit drizzled with flax seed | 你能给我拿点新鲜的当季水果配亚麻籽 |
[10:57] | and home-roasted granola accompanied by a few mission figs, | 再来点配有无花果的燕麦卷 |
[11:00] | that’d be ducky. | 就好极了 |
[11:02] | Tyler! You up there? | 泰勒 你在上面 |
[11:03] | Hey! Remember my sister? You should say hi to her! | 嘿 记得我妹妹吗 你应该跟她打声招呼 |
[11:06] | Oh, Tyler! There you are. | 噢 泰勒 你在这儿 |
[11:08] | Just one second, dad. | 等我一会 爸 |
[11:12] | Look! Avery, it’s Hawk. Talk to him. | 看 艾芙莉 这是霍克 跟他聊聊 |
[11:15] | Hello? | 你好 |
[11:17] | Howdy-do! | 你咋样 |
[11:20] | Howdy-do pretty good! | 我挺好 |
[11:25] | Oh, cool! | 太酷了 |
[11:27] | You sleep with butterflies. | 你跟蝴蝶一起睡 |
[11:29] | Yeah. In my food truck I sleep with butter and fries. | 好极了 我在餐车里跟黄油和薯条一起睡 |
[11:35] | Just trying to relate. | 就想挑起个话题 |
[11:42] | Don’t feel bad. This happens all the time. | 不用觉得难受 这种事儿经常发生 |
[11:46] | I’d love to talk, but shouldn’t you get back to your book? | 我当然愿意聊聊 但你不是应该去写你的书吗 |
[11:49] | Exactly. | 对极了 |
[11:50] | Son, I need some authentic teenage quotes for one of the chapters. | 儿子 我要在其中一章里加上一些青少年的真实语录 |
[11:54] | – Man, do I have to? – Perfect! More of those. | -天哪 我非得帮你吗 -好极了 再说点 |
[11:58] | You see, in spoken word, you say what you feel, | 你看 在口语里 你用某个词把你的感觉表达出来 |
[12:01] | and through those words evoke a sense of exactly how you feel. | 这些词能一五一十的表达出你的感觉 |
[12:05] | Okay. Here goes; | 嗯 这里有 |
[12:08] | “So hungry, head spinning, legs wobbling, getting dark”. | 饿死了 头晕了 腿颤了 眼前一黑 |
[12:16] | I don’t want to do this! | 我不想说了 |
[12:18] | Can’t you just leave me alone? This is so lame! | 不能让我一个人待会儿吗 太烂了 |
[12:21] | These are all great! | 都太棒了 |
[12:22] | “This is so lame”. Thanks! | 太烂了 谢谢 |
[12:32] | Howdy-do! | 你咋样 |
[12:37] | Hey, mom, could I have a snack? | 嘿 妈 我能吃点零食吗 |
[12:39] | As long as it’s healthy. | 只要是健康食品就行 |
[12:40] | Do we have any seasonal fruit, flax seed, or figs? | 我们有没有当季的水果 亚麻籽 无花果啥的 |
[12:43] | – What? – Those things just mellow me out. | -什么 -我对这些东西垂涎欲滴 |
[12:55] | – What are you doing out here?! – I needed air. | -你在外面干嘛 -我要透透气 |
[12:58] | Ah! I can see Orion’s belt… and his belly button. | 我可以看到猎户星座的腰带 和肚脐眼 |
[13:01] | Orion, please! Pull your shirt down! | 猎户座 把你衣服拉下来 |
[13:06] | I thought I turned the patio lights on. | 我记得我把院子里的灯打开了呀 |
[13:13] | Gotta pee, gotta pee, gotta pee! Somebody let me out! | 要尿尿 要尿尿 要尿尿 快来人把我放出去 |
[13:16] | Okay, Stan, I get it. Water. | 好的 斯坦 我知道了 你要喝水 |
[13:18] | Oh, don’t say water! | 噢 别提水 |
[13:20] | Refreshing water! | 清凉的水 |
[13:22] | Please don’t say… | 请别说 |
[13:23] | Wet, wonderful water! | 湿湿的 美妙的水 |
[13:25] | Aah! Doesn’t she understand? | 啊 她难道不明白 |
[13:27] | If she doesn’t let me out I’m going to explode?! | 如果她不让我出去我会爆炸的 |
[13:31] | Wait! That’s Avery’s problem… | 等等 这正是艾芙莉的问题 |
[13:34] | She’s holding all these feelings inside, | 她把所有的情绪都憋在了体内 |
[13:36] | and if she doesn’t let them out, she’s going to explode! | 如果她不发泄出来 她就会爆炸 |
[13:39] | I have to go tell her that. Immediately! | 我必须告诉她 马上 |
[13:42] | Okay, not immediately. | 好吧 等一会儿 |
[13:51] | So, I’m in Baja, and I’m on this mule… | 那时候我在下加利福尼亚 我骑着骡子 |
[13:54] | Yeah, yeah, never kiss a mule. | 我知道 不必说 永远不要亲骡子 |
[13:56] | Let’s go back to my room. | 咱赶紧回我房间 |
[13:58] | Tyler, you’ve been acting weird all night. | 泰勒 你今天晚上一直怪怪的 |
[14:00] | Do your parents really know I’m here? | 你爸妈知道我在这儿吗 |
[14:02] | Yeah! It’s just my dad can’t have any distractions. | 知道 只是我爸不能分神 |
[14:05] | He’s busy finishing his book. | 他正忙着写书 |
[14:06] | Ah. Then The Hawk is invisible. | 啊 原来如此 那么霍克就是隐形的了 |
[14:12] | – What was that? – Quick! Get in here! | -那是啥 -快 到这里来 |
[14:14] | I told you people I am trying to work! | 我告诉你们我正在努力工作 |
[14:21] | Wh… | 怎么回事 |
[14:23] | I knocked them over with my big feet. | 我用我的大脚把它们踢掉了 |
[14:27] | Come hold this together while I glue it. | 我要粘这玩意儿 过来帮我扶一下 |
[14:33] | Are you the under-the-stair bear? | 你就是楼梯下的小熊 |
[14:36] | – I’m The Hawk! – That’ll do. | -我是雄鹰霍克 -也行 |
[14:39] | – Tea? – Ooh. Two sugars, please. | -要茶吗 -要 请再加两块糖 |
[14:42] | You know it’s not real, right? | 你知道这不是真的 对吧 |
[14:44] | Then three. | 那就来三块 |
[14:49] | Avery, listen… | 艾芙莉 听我说 |
[14:50] | Before you start giving me more advice, | 在你给我提你的高见之前 |
[14:52] | check this out. It’s a picture of Saul Goode… | 看看这个 这是用来配我的诗的 |
[14:55] | To go with my poem. | 索尔・古德的画 |
[14:58] | I see. I’m not sure if Saul Goode for the kid on | 我明白了 我不清楚一架钢琴要砸到孩子头上的时候 |
[15:01] | the alligator with the piano falling on his head. | 一只鳄鱼还在下面等着会不会好 |
[15:03] | Is that Dustin? | 那是达斯汀吗 |
[15:04] | No, it’s just some random alligator. | 不是 这就是一只普通的鳄鱼 |
[15:07] | Avery, you’re sad because you’re holding your emotions in. | 艾芙莉 你很伤心是因为你把你的感情都封闭在内 |
[15:11] | You need to talk about it and cry and let it all out! | 你需要说出来 把它发泄出来 |
[15:14] | Yeah, that doesn’t sound like me. | 说是这么说 但这不像我 |
[15:17] | Besides, I’ve got my poem and my thinly veiled artwork. | 另外 我正在写诗 创作我的小画作 |
[15:23] | One thing I know as a dog is, | 作为狗 我知道一件事 |
[15:25] | you have to let it out or you’ll explode! | 你要是不发泄出来你会爆炸的 |
[15:28] | And according to your father’s book, | 而且据你爸爸的书 |
[15:30] | you have to let it out all over your mom. | 你应该向你妈妈发泄出来 |
[15:32] | It won’t help, Stan. | 那没用 斯坦 |
[15:33] | I don’t even think she’d | 我甚至不觉得 |
[15:34] | know what to say about this sort of thing. | 她会知道如何应对这种事 |
[15:35] | Have you ever asked her? | 你问过她吗 |
[15:37] | Well… no, but… | 嗯 没有 但是 |
[15:38] | It’s not fair to assume | 没有问过人家 |
[15:40] | somebody can’t help if you’ve never asked. | 就认为他帮不上你是不公平的 |
[15:43] | And I’m gonna keep bugging you until you talk to her. | 你要是不跟她说我就一直烦你 |
[15:45] | Bug me all you want. I am not talking to her. | 随你的便 我不会跟她谈的 |
[15:48] | Fine. Then I’m gonna recite the manuscript | 行 那我就只能把我的 |
[15:51] | for my Teen Vampire novel from start to finish. | “少年吸血鬼”剧本从头到尾背一遍了 |
[15:54] | “At first light, Jenny felt sad and con”… | 天刚亮 珍妮觉得既伤心又 |
[15:56] | Fine! I’ll talk to her. | 好吧 我去跟她谈 |
[16:00] | – Where is he?! – Who?! | -他在哪儿 -谁 |
[16:02] | How many food truck owners have you got stuffed in here? | 你觉得有几个餐车主挤到你这儿来了 |
[16:05] | The Hawk. | 霍克 |
[16:06] | Oh. He dropped an orange, | 哦 他掉了一个橘子 |
[16:08] | and it rolled down the tunnel of despair. | 橘子跑到绝望隧道里去了 |
[16:12] | We may never see him again. | 我们可能再也见不到他了 |
[16:14] | Tea? | 要茶吗 |
[16:24] | What magical portal have I gone through? | 我通过了什么魔法传送门 |
[16:31] | No more distractions, Bennett, no more. | 集中精力 班尼特 集中精力 |
[16:34] | Is talking to yourself a distraction? | 跟你自己说话算分散精力吗 |
[16:36] | Yes. Then stop it! | 是 那就别说了 |
[16:41] | Hawk, where are you? | 霍克 你在哪儿 |
[16:46] | Where were you? I looked all over the house! | 你跑哪儿去了 我把整个房子都找遍了 |
[16:48] | I’ve been all over the house. | 整个房子我都转遍了 |
[16:51] | I was too big to turn around, so I just kept following the light. | 我太胖转不过身 所以我只能一直向着光走 |
[16:56] | I think I saw my grandma. | 我觉得我看见我奶奶了 |
[16:58] | Let’s get you out of this hallway, quick. | 我带你离开这个走廊 快 |
[17:00] | Level with me, Tyler. | 跟我说实话 泰勒 |
[17:01] | Your parents really don’t know I’m here, do they? | 你爸妈不知道我在这儿 对吧 |
[17:05] | No. No, Hawk, they don’t. | 对 霍克 他们不知道 |
[17:07] | That is not cool, man. | 这可不行 伙计 |
[17:10] | I didn’t want to let you down after what I did. | 我把你车撞了之后不想再让你失望 |
[17:12] | I thought I could pull it off for one night. | 我以为能糊弄过一晚 |
[17:14] | While I appreciate the gesture, what you’ve done is not mature. | 虽然我很感谢你的举动 但你的所作所为可不成熟 |
[17:17] | And this is coming from a | 这是来自一个 |
[17:19] | guy who still carries a scrap of his Binky. | 身上仍沾满泥土的人的看法 |
[17:28] | Give me one more chance to make this right. | 再给我一次机会让我去把这事儿处理好 |
[17:30] | Please. You go take a shower, | 求你了 你去洗个澡 |
[17:32] | and when you come down, it’ll all be good. | 洗完下楼的时候 所有的事都解决了 |
[17:35] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[17:37] | Fine. But I might be in that shower for a while. | 好 我可能要多洗一会儿 |
[17:40] | This top layer is just the tip of the dirtberg. | 我身上已经裹了好几层泥了 |
[17:48] | – Hi, mom. – Hi, Sweetie. | -嗨 妈妈 -嗨 宝贝 |
[17:50] | I just need to talk to you real quick. It’s… | 我要跟你说点事 |
[17:53] | It’s not a big deal or anything, it’s… | 不是什么大事 |
[17:55] | It was actually a friend’s idea. | 只是因为一个朋友的建议 |
[17:57] | Okay. What do you want to talk about? | 好 你想说什么 |
[17:59] | – Dustin. – Oh. | -达斯汀 -噢 |
[18:01] | Yeah, I, uh, I thought that this might help. | 对 我 嗯 我觉得可能会对我有所帮助 |
[18:06] | A script? | 剧本 |
[18:07] | Yeah. You say your lines and I’ll say my lines. | 对 你说你的台词 我说我的 |
[18:10] | It’ll be fun! | 会很有趣的 |
[18:12] | Okay. I’ll play Avery. | 好 我来扮演艾芙莉 |
[18:14] | Just kidding. | 开玩笑啦 |
[18:17] | Right, here we go. | 嗯 我们开始 |
[18:19] | – “Mom, could I talk to you”. – “Mom, could I talk to you”. | -妈 我能跟你谈谈吗 -妈 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[18:21] | Sorry, sorry. I was nervous. | 不好意思 我太紧张了 |
[18:24] | Let’s start again. | 再来一次 |
[18:26] | “Mom, can I talk to you for a second?” | 妈 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[18:29] | “Of course, Avery. What is your concern?” | 当然 艾芙莉 你在关心何事 |
[18:31] | Could I say “What’s” Your concern, | 我说“你在考虑什么”行吗 |
[18:32] | the “What is” Sounds a little formal? | 这样说是不是太正式了 |
[18:34] | Yeah, whatever feels natural. | 对 怎么自然怎么说 |
[18:36] | None of this feels natural, Sweetie. | 哪个听着都不自然 宝贝 |
[18:38] | Mom? | 妈 |
[18:41] | “Something seems to be bothering you”. | 你好像在为某事困扰 |
[18:43] | “As you know, Dustin and I have”… | 你知道 达斯汀和我 |
[18:49] | Broken up”. | 分手了 |
[18:51] | “And are you okay?” | 那你还好吗 |
[18:53] | “Actually, I am a little sad”. | 我其实有点伤心 |
[18:56] | You are? | 真的 |
[18:58] | That’s not in the script. | 这句不在剧本里 |
[19:00] | Ya know, forget it. This isn’t even working. | 无所谓了 甭管剧本了 反正也没起啥作用 |
[19:02] | Sweetie, I want to help you. | 宝贝 我想帮你 |
[19:03] | I know. But we’ve never done this before. | 我知道 但我们从来没有谈过这种事 |
[19:06] | I don’t know how to do it, you don’t know how to do it… | 我不知道该如何处理 你不知道该如何处理 |
[19:08] | I thought that the script would help, but I guess not. | 我以为这个剧本会有所帮助 看来也没用 |
[19:11] | What do you mean? I don’t need a script to talk to you! | 说什么呢 我不需要剧本来跟你说话 |
[19:14] | Not if it’s about cheer leading or about my grades | 也就是啦啦队和我成绩的事 |
[19:16] | or about falling through sidewalks, but… | 或者是行人掉到人行道里的事你用不着剧本 |
[19:19] | – We never talk about my feelings. – You’ve never let me. | -我们从来没有谈过我的感觉 -你从不让我跟你谈 |
[19:24] | I thought that you wanted me to be your brave soldier. | 我以为你一直想让我成为你勇敢的战士 |
[19:26] | Oh, I didn’t mean you couldn’t come to me when you needed me. | 但这不代表你在需要我的时候不能来找我啊 |
[19:29] | I’ll always be here for you! | 我一直都在你身边 |
[19:32] | Mom, why do I feel so bad that Dustin dumped me? | 妈 我为什么对达斯汀甩了我感到如此伤心 |
[19:36] | I didn’t even care about him that much. What’s wrong with me? | 我甚至没有多关心他呀 我怎么了 |
[19:39] | No, Sweetie. There’s nothing wrong with you. | 宝贝 你没做错什么 |
[19:41] | It’s your first breakup. Breakup’s are hard. | 这是你第一次分手 分手是很痛苦的 |
[19:44] | It’s okay to be sad. | 伤心很正常 |
[19:46] | It feels so good to let it out. | 我把这一切说出来感觉真好 |
[19:50] | You know, you’re really good at this, mom. | 你知道吗 你真的很会安慰人 妈妈 |
[19:55] | – But it really hurts! – I know, Sweetie, I know. | -但真的好痛 -我知道 亲爱的 我知道 |
[19:59] | No… your bony chin is jabbing into my skull. | 不 是你的尖下巴扎我头上了 |
[20:07] | Mmm. Peppermint and poodle butt. | 嗯 薄荷和卷毛小狗的屁屁味 |
[20:10] | Happiness! | 幸福 |
[20:12] | I was really glad I could help Avery and her mom come together. | 我很高兴我能让艾芙莉和她妈妈的心连在一起 |
[20:16] | And I’m really glad Avery didn’t explode. | 我也很高兴艾芙莉没有爆炸 |
[20:18] | Granted, it would have been a small explosion, | 就算爆炸了估计也是一次小爆炸 |
[20:20] | but still, there would have been emotion everywhere. | 但她的感情就会四处飘散了 |
[20:24] | And I’m glad it gave Bennett the idea for his new book title… | 我也很高兴能给班尼特带来了新书书名的灵感 |
[20:26] | “Let it out”. | 发泄出来 |
[20:29] | I was thinking of suing, | 我本想告他 |
[20:31] | but then I just decided I’d write my own psychology book… | 但我随后决定去写我自己的心理书 |
[20:33] | “You smell sad”. | 你闻起来好伤心 |
[20:39] | Okay, I have something to ask you, but I don’t really know how. | 嗯 我有个事得问你 但我不知道如何开口 |
[20:43] | Oh, Sweetie, you can always come to me! | 噢 亲爱的 你随时都可以来找我 |
[20:45] | I will always be here for you! | 我会一直在你身边的 |
[20:47] | No, it’s not what you think. And ow! Your chin. | 呃 这不是你想的那样 其实 啊 你的下巴 |
[20:52] | What is it, son? You can ask us anything. | 咋了 儿子 你可以告诉我们任何事 |
[20:54] | Let’s say I had a friend… like The Hawk… | 就说我有一朋友 就像霍克 |
[20:57] | Someone who’s been really good to me… like The Hawk… | 一个对我一直很好的人 就像霍克 |
[21:00] | And let’s say hypothetically | 我们假定 |
[21:01] | I crashed The Hawk’s food truck by accident… | 我不小心撞坏了霍克的餐车 |
[21:04] | And The Hawk… or that friend… | 然后霍克 或者是那个朋友 |
[21:06] | had nowhere to sleep for the night? | 没有地方过夜怎么办 |
[21:08] | Wouldn’t you expect me to help that friend out? | 你们不希望我去帮助他吗 |
[21:11] | Tyler we will deal with the truck situation later. | 泰勒 我们一会儿再说餐车的事情 |
[21:16] | Call The Hawk right now… | 给霍克打电话 |
[21:19] | And tell he is welcome to spend the night with us. | 告诉他我们欢迎他和我们共度一夜 |
[21:22] | Sorry to interrupt uh… | 不好意思 打搅了 |
[21:25] | Does the shower lever go left or right? | 淋浴把手是往左拧还是往右拧啊 |
[21:27] | I’m trying to get that middle nozzle to power clean my creases. | 我正试着用中心喷嘴的力量清洗我身上褶皱里的脏东西 |
[21:33] | – Is that your bathrobe? – Not anymore. | -那不是你的浴袍吗 -再也不是了 |