时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | School vacation– | 假期 |
[00:07] | A time when you take a break from your normal routine. | 一段让你能够从日常生活循环中稍作休息的时间 |
[00:09] | You sleep in till noon, play ball in the park, | 你可以一直睡到中午 在公园里尽情玩球 |
[00:12] | Stuff your face with junk food– | 用垃圾食品塞满你的嘴 |
[00:14] | Wait a minute. That is my normal routine! | 等等 那正是我的日常生活 |
[00:17] | I love vacation! | 我爱死假期了 |
[00:23] | So, everyone excited for vacation? | 那么 要放假了大家都很兴奋吧 |
[00:26] | Mm-hmm. I got my vacation to-do list right here. | 那是 我已经列好我的假期必做清单了 |
[00:30] | I’ve got my to-do list too: “Eat muffin.” | 我也列好我的必做清单了 吃松饼 |
[00:34] | This is a list of artistic activities | 这是一张关于 |
[00:37] | that I want to get through on vacation. | 我要在假期内进行的艺术活动的清单 |
[00:39] | What’s the first thing on your list? | 那你第一个要做的是什么 |
[00:41] | You mean after “Laminate the list”? | 你是说在“列好清单”之后的第一个吗 |
[00:43] | I’m gonna finish writing my one-woman show, | 我准备写完我的独角戏剧本 |
[00:45] | A dramatic telling of my life: | 这是对于我人生的戏剧化表达 |
[00:48] | “Avery Which Way But Loose.” | “永不低头的艾芙莉” |
[00:50] | Finish? You mean you’ve already started? | 写完 你是说你早就开始写了吗 |
[00:54] | -Whoa. -I was born! | -喔 -我出生啦 |
[00:58] | If only if it were that easy. | 真有那么容易的话那就好了 |
[00:59] | You came out feet-first. | 你当时可是脚先出来的 |
[01:01] | Oh. Quick rewrite. | 好吧 马上改 |
[01:04] | I was born. | 我出生啦 |
[01:08] | And then I learned to stand. | 然后我学会了站立 |
[01:10] | And walk. And dance! | 然后学会走路 学会跳舞 |
[01:14] | Then I learned to open the door. | 然后我又学会了开门 |
[01:18] | So, tyler, what do you have planned for vacation? | 那泰勒你有什么假期计划呢 |
[01:20] | Something much less creepy than the four-foot baby. | 我的计划肯定没那只四脚宝宝那么恐怖 |
[01:24] | I’m gonna master some tricks on my new bmx bike. | 我打算为了我的新越野自行车掌握一些技巧 |
[01:27] | By the way, can I have money for a new bmx bike? | 顺便问问 我能买一辆新的越野自行车吗 |
[01:29] | Here’s a crazy idea: why | 给你提个疯狂的建议 |
[01:31] | don’t you get a job and earn the money yourself? | 你为什么不去找份工作 自己赚钱买呢 |
[01:34] | That is a crazy idea! | 那可真是个疯狂的建议 |
[01:36] | I’m serious, son. | 我是认真的 孩子 |
[01:38] | Look, if you get a bike with money you earned, | 你看 如果你用你自己赚的钱买了一辆自行车 |
[01:42] | It’s gonna mean so much more to you. | 这辆车对你会有更大的意义 |
[01:44] | But I want it to mean so much more to you. | 但我想让它对你有更大的意义 |
[01:47] | Your father’s right. You’re getting a job. | 你爸爸是对的 你得找份工作 |
[01:49] | I may have misplayed that one. | 我刚才可能搞砸了什么 |
[01:51] | I’m never asking you for anything again! | 我再也不会向你们要任何东西了 |
[01:54] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好啊 -好啊 |
[01:55] | I may have misplayed that one. | 我刚才好像又搞砸了什么 |
[01:58] | What’s the big deal about getting a job? | 找工作有什么重要的 |
[02:00] | Mommy doesn’t have a job. | 妈妈就没有工作 |
[02:03] | Oh, really? | 哦 是吗 |
[02:05] | You don’t do anything. Daddy works with patients all day. | 你什么都不用做 爸爸整天都在治疗病人 |
[02:11] | Sweetie, please leave daddy out of this. | 宝贝 请别把爸爸卷进来 |
[02:14] | Uh, chloe, being a mommy is the hardest job of all. | 呃 克洛伊 当妈妈是世界上最难的工作 |
[02:19] | Harder than daddy’s job? | 比爸爸的工作还要难吗 |
[02:24] | All right, chloe, I’ll show you what mommy does. | 好吧 克洛伊 我会让你看看当妈妈要做些什么 |
[02:28] | While you’re on vacation this week, you’ll do everything I do. | 在你放假的这一周里 你要做我平时做的一切 |
[02:30] | I get to be mommy for vacation? Yay! | 我假期里要当妈妈了 太好了 |
[02:34] | And your first job is to chastise daddy | 你第一件要做的事就是 |
[02:36] | For weaseling out of this conversation. | 去惩罚你那逃避话题的爸爸 |
[02:41] | Bennett! | 班尼特 |
[02:53] | Dog With a Blog S01E16 The Truck Stops Here | |
[03:01] | I got to look for a job. | 我要找份工作 |
[03:03] | My dad just won’t stop bugging me about it. | 不然我爸会一直跟我唠叨的 |
[03:05] | I wish I could find a job in the park. | 我真希望能在公园里工作 |
[03:07] | I mean, I’m here all the time anyway. | 我的意思是 反正我经常在这里闲逛 |
[03:09] | I wish I could tell him about the sign, but there’s | 我真希望我能告诉他这儿有个牌子 |
[03:11] | Too many people around. | 但是这里太多人了 |
[03:12] | (需要帮手) | |
[03:14] | You want me to throw it, boy? | 你想让我扔给你捡吗 乖狗狗 |
[03:16] | All right. Go get it! | 好吧 去捡回来 |
[03:19] | Where am I gonna find a job? | 去哪儿才能找到工作呢 |
[03:24] | Oh, Stan. Not a care in the world. | 哦 斯坦 你根本不用担心这些事情 |
[03:26] | But not me. I’ve got to somehow look for a job. | 不像我 我一定要找到工作才行 |
[03:29] | Here you go, boy! | 去捡吧 孩子 |
[03:32] | Seriously? | 你确定 |
[03:34] | Hey! Tyler and Stan! | 嘿 泰勒和斯坦 |
[03:37] | Meet “The Hawk,” Owner of the food truck. | 这是“雄鹰”霍克 餐车的车主 |
[03:40] | He’s a lot like his truck– | 他跟他的卡车很像 |
[03:41] | Constantly failing health inspections. | 总是过不了健康检查 |
[03:44] | Hey, Hawk. I haven’t seen you in a couple of weeks. | 嘿 霍克 我俩星期都没见过你了 |
[03:47] | Oh, been in Colorado slingin’ fries and rock climbin’. | 哦 我在科罗拉多州忙着卖薯条和攀岩呢 |
[03:51] | Did a lot of this– | 做了很多遍这个动作 |
[03:52] | Help! Help! | 救命 救命 |
[03:54] | I’m not finger-strong! | 我可没练过十指神功 |
[04:00] | So you could just drive all over and do whatever you want? | 所以你可以开车到处跑 做你想做的事 |
[04:03] | Man, I wish I could find a job as cool as yours. | 我真想找份和你的一样酷的工作 |
[04:06] | Looking for a job? Why don’t you apply here? | 你在找工作 为什么不来应聘 |
[04:08] | You have an opening? | 你们在招工吗 |
[04:10] | Man, you should put out a sign or something. | 你应该贴个告示牌什么的 |
[04:12] | -I’d love to work in the food truck. -Great! You’re hired! | -我愿意在餐车上工作 -太棒了 你被聘用了 |
[04:17] | Wow, that looks like fun. | 哇 看起来很有趣 |
[04:19] | Okay, now it’s going on too long. | 好吧 这就有点太过了 |
[04:24] | All right, Chloe, | 好的 克洛伊 |
[04:25] | Your first mommy job is to rinse the dishes | 你当妈妈的第一份工作是洗好这些盘子 |
[04:27] | And then put them in the dishwasher. | 然后把它们放进洗碗机 |
[04:29] | We have a dishwasher– why do we have to rinse the dishes? | 既然我们有洗碗机 那为什么我们还要洗盘子 |
[04:31] | Nobody knows. Just accept it. | 天知道 接受现实吧 |
[04:34] | Oh. Hey, mom. Mini-mom. | 哦嘿 妈妈 迷你妈妈 |
[04:38] | What are you doing with that big block of ice? | 你拖着那么大的冰块打算干什么 |
[04:40] | About to check “Ice sculpture” Off my artistic activities list. | 我打算完成我的艺术活动清单上的“冰雕”项目 |
[04:43] | Oh, well, mentally. Because now it’s laminated. | 其实我更倾向于在精神上完成 毕竟列在清单上了嘛 |
[04:46] | -Well, this block of ice isn’t gonna carve itself. – All right, dear. | -好吧 这些冰块不会自己变成冰雕 -好吧 亲爱的 |
[04:50] | Chloe, when we’re done with this, we’re gonna– | 克洛伊 我们洗完盘子以后 就要 |
[04:52] | Wait, what did she just say? | 等等 她刚刚说什么来着 |
[04:58] | This is gonna take forever. | 我一辈子都洗不完这些盘子 |
[05:01] | Stan. | 斯坦 |
[05:09] | So much easier. | 这样就简单多了 |
[05:12] | And no soapy residue! | 而且没有肥皂残余呢 |
[05:16] | Meat bag up! Meat bag up! | 猪肉套餐准备好了 |
[05:19] | Thanks. And don’t forget, | 多谢惠顾 别忘了 |
[05:20] | that combo comes with fries… and a smile. | 这个套餐里有薯条 和微笑 |
[05:25] | Tyler, you’re great with the customers. | 泰勒 你很擅长招待顾客嘛 |
[05:28] | You got style. | 你有你的风格 |
[05:29] | I coulda used you when I drove my truck to Alaska. | 当初我开车去阿拉斯加的时候就该带上你 |
[05:32] | -You drove this truck to Alaska? -Not this one. | -你开着这辆车去阿拉斯加 -不是这一辆 |
[05:36] | That truck was commandeered by bears. | 那辆车被熊抢了 |
[05:38] | Ohh. They went crazy. | 哦 他们都疯了 |
[05:40] | You’d think they’d never seen a taco before. | 就像他们从来没见过玉米卷一样 |
[05:43] | You have the most exciting life! | 你过着最刺激的生活 |
[05:45] | Hey, how ya doin’ on the register? | 嘿 你记账记得怎么样 |
[05:47] | Eh, I don’t need the register. | 呃 我不用记账 |
[05:48] | I do it all in my head. | 我在脑里就可以计算 |
[05:50] | We cleared $213.54, | 我们赚了213.54美元 |
[05:53] | Not including the six burgers and 214 fries you ate. | 不包括你吃掉的那六个汉堡包和214根薯条 |
[05:56] | If you monitor me, I’ll never lose weight. | 如果你监督我的话 我就更减不了肥了 |
[05:59] | But I’m impressed you tracked all that in your head! | 不过我真的很震惊 你居然能在脑子里计算 |
[06:01] | Ha ha ha! Everybody’s got a talent, huh? | 哈哈哈 人人都有一手绝活 对吧 |
[06:05] | Watch this. | 看这个 |
[06:14] | That’s so cool! How’d you learn how to do that? | 那真是太帅了 你怎么学会的 |
[06:17] | Didn’t know I could till just now. | 到现在我才知道我还会这么一招 |
[06:21] | Always try new things, tyler. Fly free. | 要敢于尝试新事物 泰勒 敢于自由飞翔 |
[06:24] | Is that why they call you the Hawk? | 那就是他们叫你雄鹰的原因吗 |
[06:26] | -’cause you fly free? -No, no, | -因为你敢于自由飞翔 -不 不 |
[06:28] | It’s ’cause… … | 那是因为 |
[06:35] | It’s ’cause I steal eggs. | 那是因为我偷鸡蛋 |
[06:42] | Whoa, whoa. Chloe, what are you doing? | 哦 哦 克洛伊 你在干嘛 |
[06:44] | You told me to do the laundry. | 是你让我洗衣服的啊 |
[06:47] | In the washing machine. | 我是说用洗衣机 |
[06:49] | Why should the washing machine have all the fun? | 这么好玩儿的事情怎么能让洗衣机独占呢 |
[06:54] | Mommy’s work is not about fun. | 妈妈的工作不是为了好玩才做的 |
[06:56] | It’s serious business. | 这是一件严肃的工作 |
[06:58] | And by the way, don’t expect a lot of appreciation, | 顺带一提 别以为有人会欣赏你这样做 |
[07:00] | Because believe me, you won’t get any. | 相信我 没有人会欣赏的 |
[07:01] | Chloe, you are doing a wonderful job! | 克洛伊 你做得真好 |
[07:05] | This house has never looked better. | 这栋房子从来没有变得这么好过 |
[07:07] | I don’t know what we would do without you. | 我不知道没了你我们会变成怎么样 |
[07:09] | Yay! Time to do the laundry! | 耶 是时候洗衣服啦 |
[07:16] | Great job, sweetheart! | 干得好 甜心 |
[07:18] | All this hard work– and with a smile, too. | 她这么努力 还带着笑容 |
[07:21] | Isn’t she just the– | 她不正是那个 |
[07:29] | You’re home! You’re ho-ho-ho-home! Hee hee! | 你到家啦 你到家家家家啦 嘻嘻 |
[07:33] | Oh, stan, you must have really missed me while I was at work. | 哦 斯坦 我去上班的时候你肯定很想我吧 |
[07:36] | No, you smell like meat. | 那倒没有 只是因为你有肉的味道 |
[07:39] | You spend your day with meat. | 你整天和肉在一起 |
[07:41] | I never thought I’d say this– | 我从来没想过我会说这种话 |
[07:42] | I want to be you. | 我真想成为你 |
[07:45] | It’s an awesome job. | 这是份很棒的工作 |
[07:47] | I wish I could have my | 真希望有一天我也 |
[07:48] | own food truck one day, just like the Hawk. | 能有我自己的餐车 就像雄鹰霍克一样 |
[07:50] | – Well, why can’t you? – Well, you know, | -哦 那为什么你不能呢 -你知道的嘛 |
[07:53] | Mom and dad want me to get good grades, | 妈妈和爸爸都想让我考个好成绩 |
[07:54] | Go to college, get a good job. | 上大学 找份好工作 |
[07:56] | Yeah, but what do you want? | 对啊 但是你自己想怎么样 |
[07:58] | I want to live like the hawk. | 我想像雄鹰霍克那样生活 |
[08:00] | Then go for it! | 那就去啊 |
[08:01] | As a dog, there’s one thing I know: | 作为一只狗 我只知道一件事 |
[08:03] | When there’s something you want, you go after it. | 当你想要得到一件东西的时候 就去追吧 |
[08:07] | Ooh, porcupine! | 噢 有豪猪 |
[08:18] | When you go after what you want, | 当你追逐着你的目标 |
[08:19] | Nothing bad ever happens. | 就不会有坏事发生 |
[08:23] | But the Hawk is so cool! | 但是雄鹰霍克真的很酷 |
[08:25] | I could see myself living my life just like him. | 我能预见我的人生 就和他一样 |
[08:28] | Tyler, working in a food truck is not a life goal! | 泰勒 在餐车上工作根本不是一个人生目标 |
[08:31] | A life goal should be a lawyer or a scientist | 人生目标应该是律师或者科学家 |
[08:34] | Or, I don’t know, best-selling author- slash-child psychologist. | 或者 我也不清楚 也许是畅销书的作家兼儿童心理学家 |
[08:38] | Or a much-appreciated homemaker. | 或者是个受人感激的家庭主妇 |
[08:41] | You want me to be a homemaker? | 你想要我当一个家庭主妇 |
[08:42] | Well, not you. | 呃 不是说你 |
[08:44] | Why not him? | 他怎么不行 |
[08:45] | Or a much-appreciated homemaker! | 或者是个受人感激的家庭主妇 |
[08:48] | Listen, Bennett, we’re getting way ahead of ourselves here. | 听着 班尼特 我们想的太远了 |
[08:50] | It’s not like he’s gonna quit school and go off and do this. | 又不是说他要退学跑去做这个 |
[08:53] | Hey– mom, that’s a great idea! | 嘿 妈妈 那可真是个好主意 |
[08:55] | You know, the Hawk didn’t even finish high school. | 你知道的 雄鹰霍克连高中都没有毕业 |
[08:57] | I may have misplayed that one. | 我刚才可能搞砸了什么 |
[08:59] | I think this “Hawk” character is becoming a bad influence on you. | 我觉得这个雄鹰人物对你产生了负面影响 |
[09:03] | I don’t want a fry cook acting as my son’s guidance counselor. | 我不想让一个油炸厨师来当我儿子的人生顾问 |
[09:07] | Yeah. You’re gonna focus on your schoolwork, | 说得对 你要把精力集中在你的学习上 |
[09:08] | you’re gonna go to college, | 你要上大学 |
[09:10] | And you’re gonna have a real career– | 然后你要有一个真正的事业 |
[09:11] | Possibly as a homemaker. | 或许当个家庭主夫什么的 |
[09:13] | End of discussion. | 讨论完毕 |
[09:14] | Yes. They’re right, end of discussion. | 没错 他们说的对 讨论完毕 |
[09:17] | Oh, that’s fun to say! | 哦 这个说法真好玩 |
[09:19] | You’re not even hearing me. | 你们根本就没有在听我说话 |
[09:21] | And thanks for taking their side. | 真谢谢你 站在他们这边 |
[09:26] | Hey! I’m just worried about your future. | 嘿 我只是在担心你的未来 |
[09:28] | Well, I’m trying to live right now, | 我现在就在学着去成长 |
[09:30] | And right now you’re | 而现在 |
[09:31] | supposed to have my back against mom and dad. | 你本应该和我一起反对爸妈的 |
[09:33] | Even when they’re a hundred percent right | 即便他们说的全对 |
[09:34] | And you’re a hundred percent wrong? | 而你想的全错吗 |
[09:36] | Especially then! | 那你更应该支持我 |
[09:38] | Listen, Tyler– | 听着 泰勒 |
[09:39] | And this isn’t coming from them, | 这不是他们要我说的 |
[09:41] | It’s coming from me– | 是我自己想要对你说 |
[09:43] | Son, you’re going nowhere fast! | 小伙子 你这样做是不会有前途的 |
[09:46] | You’re just as bad as they are. | 你和他们一样坏 |
[09:52] | Did you know that porcupines are not made of pork? | 你知道豪猪不是猪肉做的吗 |
[10:02] | So, how is your insane overachiever’s list coming? | 那么 你那疯狂的精英清单完成得怎么样了 |
[10:05] | Uh, excuse me– insane “artistic activities” List. | 呃 抱歉 是疯狂的“艺术活动”清单 |
[10:09] | And it’s coming along great. | 进展得很顺利 |
[10:11] | I’m just editing the track of a new video I just made. | 我现在就在为我刚刚制作好的视频编辑音轨 |
[10:13] | Oh, that. | 哦 那个啊 |
[10:14] | Uh, yeah. I made a few small improvements. | 呃 对了 我小小地改进了一下 |
[10:32] | Wow! That’s, uh, that’s really cool. | 哇 那真是 呃 那真是太棒了 |
[10:34] | But now I can’t post it on the internet. | 但这样我就不能把它放上网了 |
[10:36] | People will see you singing. | 人们会知道你会唱歌 |
[10:37] | Nobody’s gonna know it’s me– | 没人会知道是我 |
[10:38] | I’m wearing my shades! | 我带着墨镜呢 |
[10:41] | Avery, dinner’s almost ready | 艾芙莉 晚饭就要准备好了 |
[10:43] | And I need you to set the table. | 我需要你来帮我整理餐桌 |
[10:44] | -But I did it last – I don’t need a debate; I need the table set. | -但我已经 -不要顶嘴 我要你摆好桌子 |
[10:48] | Dinner! | 吃晚饭啦 |
[10:53] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[10:56] | I’m the Hawk! | 我是雄鹰霍克 |
[11:06] | Tyler invited me for dinner! | 泰勒邀请我来吃晚饭的 |
[11:09] | Tyler didn’t tell us you were coming! | 泰勒没跟我们说你要来 |
[11:10] | Tyler, get in here now! | 泰勒 你给我过来 |
[11:14] | Oh! Yeah. I kinda invited the Hawk to dinner. | 哦 对了 我请了雄鹰来吃晚饭 |
[11:17] | I brought you a hostess gift. | 我给你这个女主人带了礼物 |
[11:20] | I didn’t know if we were having meat or fish, | 不过我不知道我们今晚要吃肉还是吃鱼 |
[11:23] | So I brought meat. | 所以我带了肉 |
[11:26] | I hate fish. | 我讨厌鱼 |
[11:28] | Oh. Well… | 哦 好吧 |
[11:30] | Thank you. Excuse us one moment… | 谢谢你 不过请让我们单独聊一下 |
[11:32] | “The Hawk.” | “雄鹰霍克” |
[11:34] | I’ve heard the legends, | 我听说过这个传说 |
[11:36] | But never believed it was possible– | 但我从未相信是真的 |
[11:38] | Low table meat. | 放在矮脚桌子上的肉 |
[11:40] | It’s actually happening! | 奇迹真的出现了 |
[11:44] | What are you doing inviting him here? | 你为什么邀请他来 |
[11:46] | You said you thought he wasn’t a good influence. | 你们说你们并不觉得他是个好榜样 |
[11:48] | I wanted to show you how cool he is. | 我只是想让你们知道他真的很酷 |
[11:50] | You really put us on the spot. | 你让我们很为难 |
[11:53] | You should be more like the Hawk– just go with the flow. | 你们应该向霍克学习 顺其自然就好 |
[11:56] | -Maybe– -aah! | -或许 -啊 |
[11:58] | Maybe I should, uh, take off. | 或许我应该 呃 离开了 |
[12:01] | I’m gettin’ that familiar vibe | 我对现在这种气氛很熟悉 |
[12:03] | like right before the cops show up. | 就和警察出现之前一样 |
[12:04] | No, you don’t have to go! | 不 你没必要走 |
[12:07] | I invited you to dinner! | 是我邀请你来吃晚饭的 |
[12:09] | If we’re having guests for dinner, I could use a little notice. | 如果我们有客人来吃晚饭 你应该提前告诉我一声 |
[12:13] | Look, I don’t want to cause trouble | 你看 我不想给你们添乱 |
[12:15] | Or get your little maid upset. | 也不想让你的小女仆不开心 |
[12:18] | No, you can’t go! | 不 你不能走 |
[12:20] | You have to tell them about the cool life you lead! | 你要告诉他们你活得多么的精彩 |
[12:22] | How you travel the world and speak three languages. | 你是怎么环游世界 怎么说三种语言 |
[12:26] | Two of ’em are made up. | 其中两种是我乱编的 |
[12:29] | But hey, you know, I don’t | 但你看 我并不想 |
[12:30] | let people tell me how to live my life, | 让别人来教我怎么活 |
[12:32] | I’m not gonna tell anyone how to live theirs. | 我也不会教别人怎么活 |
[12:35] | A ninja master taught me that. | 一个忍者大师教我的 |
[12:38] | He also taught me how to gracefully leave an awkward situation. | 他还教会我怎样从容地离开一个尴尬的局面 |
[12:51] | See ya! | 再见 |
[12:54] | You didn’t even give him a chance. | 你们甚至连一个机会都没有给他 |
[12:56] | Thanks a lot for making him not feel welcome. | 真是太感谢你们了 让他觉得自己这么不受欢迎 |
[12:58] | I’m sure he didn’t even notice. He’s in his own world! | 我肯定他甚至察觉不出有何异样 他活在他自己的世界里 |
[13:01] | Like that kid at the park who flies the invisible kite. | 就像那个在公园里放着隐形风筝的孩子 |
[13:04] | Honey, that boy is actually a patient of mine. | 亲爱的 那男孩其实是我的一个病人 |
[13:07] | And he was doing much better… | 而且他本来已经在逐步恢复了 |
[13:08] | Until a trash can fell on him. | 直到他被扣上了一个垃圾桶 |
[13:11] | If you can’t respect what’s important to me, | 如果你们不能尊重我所看重的东西 |
[13:13] | Then I’m not gonna respect what’s important to you. | 那么我就不会尊重你们看重的东西 |
[13:16] | Okay, I’m quitting school to work in the food truck full-time. | 好吧 我决定退学 在餐车上全职工作 |
[13:19] | The only thing that you are quitting is that job. | 唯一一个你要退出的东西 是你的工作 |
[13:21] | You’re not going back there. | 你再也不能回到那里了 |
[13:23] | This is so unfair! | 这太不公平了 |
[13:26] | Can we not sit down and eat as a family just once?! | 我们就不能坐下来像一家人一样吃一顿饭吗 |
[13:39] | There we go. | 完成啦 |
[13:40] | Uh, let me guess. 3-d chalk art was on your list. | 呃 让我猜猜 3D粉笔画也在你的清单上 |
[13:44] | Yes! Yes! Yes…. | 对 对 对 |
[13:48] | Oh, come on. Do you think anyone would believe | 哦 拜托了 你真的以为 |
[13:50] | This is really a bottomless pit? | 有人会相信这是个无底井 |
[13:55] | I stand corrected! Ected…ected… | 我站在这里是对的 对的 的 |
[14:01] | Oh, my gosh. Is that tyler in the food truck? | 哦 天哪 餐车里的那个人是泰勒吗 |
[14:03] | I thought your parents made him quit. | 我还以为你父母让他辞职了呢 |
[14:05] | Sorry, guys, I can’t hang now. I’m workin’ | 对不起 我现在不能玩 我在工作呢 |
[14:09] | Wow. I’ve never seen Tyler | 哇 我还没见过泰勒 |
[14:11] | say no to goofing off with his friends. | 拒绝和他的朋友们一起游手好闲呢 |
[14:16] | A little red | 来点红色 |
[14:18] | Little yellow | 再来点黄色 |
[14:20] | Lay it down on a lettuce pillow ? | 莴苣枕头盖住颜色 |
[14:23] | Hey, I got the food down; still workin’ on the rhymes. | 嘿 我就要把食物准备好了 还在努力押韵呢 |
[14:28] | Avery! | 艾芙莉 |
[14:32] | No worries. | 别担心 |
[14:37] | Faceburger, half-off! | 面堡半价优惠 |
[14:42] | You can’t tell mom and dad I’m still working here. | 你不能告诉爸妈我还在这里工作 |
[14:45] | How long do you think you can get away with this? | 你以为你能瞒他们多久 |
[14:47] | -I don’t know, but I can’t give it up. -Well, you shouldn’t. | -我不知道 但我不能放弃 -对 你不应该放弃 |
[14:50] | But you don’t understand– wait, what? | 但你不理解 等等 你说什么 |
[14:52] | I don’t think you should quit. | 我不认为你应该辞职 |
[14:54] | You’re not slacking off. | 你并没有在偷懒 |
[14:55] | You’re focused and you’re taking your work seriously. | 你很专心 而且你在很认真地对待你的工作 |
[14:58] | You’re like a different person– a better person. | 你就像是变成了一个不同的人 一个更好的人 |
[15:01] | You’re like me. | 就像是我 |
[15:04] | I’m sorry I didn’t believe in you. | 我为我之前对你的不信任道歉 |
[15:06] | Tyler, I’m shutting down the truck the rest of the day. | 泰勒 今天接下来的时间我都要关掉餐车了 |
[15:08] | Gotta get a weird mole checked out. | 要给一只奇怪的鼹鼠做检查 |
[15:10] | What? Hope it’s okay. | 怎么了 希望没事 |
[15:12] | Yeah, me too. | 对啊 我也这样想 |
[15:15] | You don’t have to shut down the truck. I can handle it. | 你没必要关掉餐车啊 我可以帮你看店 |
[15:17] | Oh, if you think you’re ready. | 哦 如果你觉得你准备好了 |
[15:19] | I trust ya. Don’t let me down. | 我相信你 可别让我失望啊 |
[15:21] | Don’t worry, I won’t. | 别担心 我会好好干的 |
[15:23] | I’m glad you spotted that mole. | 幸好你发现了那只鼹鼠 |
[15:24] | Yeah, discovered it in the shower this morning. | 对啊 今早上在淋浴器里发现它的 |
[15:29] | The Hawk is gone, Tyler’s out here– | 霍克走了 泰勒在这里 |
[15:31] | Oh, I am gonna get all up in that grill! | 哦 我要把烤炉里的东西吃光 |
[15:34] | You know, mom and dad should really see how great you’re doing. | 你知道的 爸妈真的应该看看你在这里工作得有多好 |
[15:37] | No! If they find out I’m working here, | 不 他们要是发现我还在这里工作 |
[15:39] | It’ll just make it worse. You can’t tell them. | 事情就会变得更糟糕 你不能告诉他们 |
[15:41] | But you know when I have something I want to say | 但你知道我有东西想说的时候 |
[15:43] | How hard it is for me not to say it. | 我就很难控制着不说出来 |
[15:45] | First I get all… … | 一开始我会 |
[15:48] | Then I get all… ohh…… | 然后我就变成这样 哦 |
[15:50] | And then I say it. | 然后我就会全都说出来了 |
[15:51] | Tiffany’s dating another boy! | 蒂芙尼在和别的男生约会 |
[15:55] | Promise me you’ll do | 答应我 |
[15:57] | better at keeping my secret from mom and dad. | 在保守我的秘密时你会做得好一些 |
[15:58] | Fine. I’ll tell them, uh, | 好吧 我会告诉他们 呃 |
[16:00] | You and your bmx buddies are terrorizing a nursing home. | 你和你的越野车伙伴们在恐吓一家疗养院 |
[16:04] | You’re a good sister. | 你真是个好妹妹 |
[16:06] | Thanks for having my back. | 谢谢你这么支持我 |
[16:08] | Come on, Stan. | 走了 斯坦 |
[16:09] | Wait. Stan? | 等等 斯坦 |
[16:10] | Hey, who wants a burger? It’s okay, I just washed my paws. | 嘿 谁想要汉堡 没事的 我刚洗过我的爪子 |
[16:17] | What are you doing, sweetie? | 你在干嘛呢 亲爱的 |
[16:18] | Doing what mommy does when she needs a break. | 我在做妈妈休息时候做的事 |
[16:20] | Watching one of her shows. | 看她喜欢的一个节目 |
[16:22] | You don’t have to take that from your old man! | 你不必这样忍受你的丈夫 |
[16:24] | Kick him to the curb! | 把他踢到路边上去 |
[16:29] | Avery, honey, have you seen your brother? | 艾芙莉 亲爱的 你有没有见到你哥哥 |
[16:31] | He’s been gone all day. | 他都出去一整天了 |
[16:32] | I’m not on trial here. Stop grilling me! | 我不是在受审的犯人 别拷问我 |
[16:35] | I mean, “No, no, I haven’t.” | 我的意思是 没 我没见过 |
[16:38] | Gotta take attention away from avery’s horrible attempt to cover. | 艾芙莉的掩饰能力实在太糟糕了 我得转移他们的注意力 |
[16:41] | Commando crawl… | 匍匐前进 |
[16:45] | Aw, look at Stan. | 啊 快看看斯坦 |
[16:47] | -He’s so cute! -Oh, good. He’s distracted. | -他真可爱 -太好了 成功分散注意力 |
[16:50] | What were we talking about? | 我们刚才在讲什么来着 |
[16:52] | The fact that I know absolutely nothing about Tyler’s whereabouts. | 在讲我确实完全一点都不知道泰勒去哪里了 |
[16:54] | Well, I was just adorable for nothing. | 好吧 我的卖萌全白费了 |
[16:58] | Well, Tyler’s probably messing around somewhere like always. | 泰勒应该和往常一样 在某处打发时间 |
[17:01] | It’s probably why he wanted | 那可能就是之前 |
[17:02] | to work in the food truck in the first place, | 他想要在餐车里工作的原因 |
[17:03] | To flirt with girls and hang around his friends at the park. | 和女孩们打情骂俏 和他的朋友们在公园里到处闲逛 |
[17:06] | And hang out with that goofball hawk. | 还有和那个傻鹰打发时间 |
[17:08] | So much for him getting a job to learn “responsibility” | 让他找工作学“责任感”就到此为止吧 |
[17:11] | I don’t know what it’s gonna take for our son to grow up. | 我真的不知道要怎样才能让我们的儿子长大懂事 |
[17:14] | Tiffany’s dating another boy! | 蒂芙尼在和别的男生约会 |
[17:18] | What? | 什么 |
[17:18] | And also Tyler’s working in the food truck. | 还有 泰勒在餐车里工作 |
[17:21] | What?! | 什么 |
[17:21] | He has no business being a father! | 他没有资格当父亲 |
[17:23] | What?!! | 什么 |
[17:26] | Jeff and Kristina are a hot mess. | 杰夫和克里斯蒂娜真是太糟糕了 |
[17:29] | Avery, what did you say about Tyler? | 艾芙莉 你刚刚说泰勒什么来着 |
[17:31] | Tyler’s still working in the food truck. | 泰勒还在餐车里工作 |
[17:33] | But it’s okay– | 不过没事的 |
[17:34] | He’s taking it seriously. He’s not goofing off. | 他很认真地对待这份工作 他并没有在偷懒 |
[17:37] | You guys really need to go | 你们真的应该要去那里看看 |
[17:39] | down there and see how great of a job he’s doing. | 看看他做得有多好 |
[17:41] | Oh, we’re going down there, all right–to drag him home. | 哦 我们确实要去 去把他拖回家 |
[17:43] | No, dad, this isn’t what I wanted! | 不 爸爸 这不是我想要的结果 |
[17:45] | I can’t believe he disobeyed us. | 我不敢相信 他居然骗了我们 |
[17:47] | I can’t believe Jeff and Kristina | 我不敢相信 杰夫和克里斯蒂娜 |
[17:48] | Blew all their lottery money on an above-ground pool! | 居然把所有的彩票奖金都吹到了地上游泳池里 |
[17:52] | Come on! | 走吧 |
[17:59] | Well, would you take a look at– | 呃 你能看看 |
[18:04] | Dad, really? | 爸 你确定 |
[18:06] | Look, everyone, I’m sorry I’m not getting the orders right! | 噢 抱歉 我把顺序都弄乱了 |
[18:10] | It’s just a little more than I can handle! | 这有点超出我能处理的范围了 |
[18:12] | Yep. Tyler’s doing a great job. | 对 泰勒做的很好 |
[18:16] | I was only gone five minutes. | 我只离开了五分钟而已 |
[18:19] | Kids– what are you gonna do? | 孩子们 你们打算干嘛 |
[18:22] | Tyler! What are you doing still working here? | 泰勒 你怎么还在这里工作 |
[18:24] | Thanks for ratting me out, avery! | 真是谢谢你了 把我的秘密全都说了出去 |
[18:26] | I tried holding it in, but it just burst out! | 我尽力想憋住来着 但是它又跑出来了 |
[18:29] | I’m sorry, tyler. | 对不起 泰勒 |
[18:30] | I just told them because I was so proud of you. | 我告诉他们只是因为我真的为你感到骄傲 |
[18:33] | Tyler, come down! You’re coming with us! | 泰勒 下来 跟我们回去 |
[18:36] | Just a sec, angry mob! I’ll be right with you! | 就等我一下 愤怒的客人们 我很快就回来 |
[18:40] | Sorry. Excuse me. | 抱歉 请见谅 |
[18:43] | Guys, I’m sorry I disobeyed you, | 我很抱歉 我没有听你们的 |
[18:45] | And I know I’m in trouble, but I can’t leave now. | 我也知道我有麻烦了 可是我现在还不能离开 |
[18:48] | Okay? The Hawk put me in charge. | 明白吗 雄鹰霍克让我接管这餐车 |
[18:50] | I have a responsibility here. | 我要对他负责任 |
[18:51] | I see what angle you’re playing here. | 我知道你在玩什么把戏 |
[18:53] | You’re talking “Responsibility” | 你在强调 “责任” |
[18:54] | Because you know that’s what we want to hear, | 因为你知道那是我们想听到的词 |
[18:56] | Just so you can sit up in that food truck, | 这样一来你就可以坐在那部餐车里 |
[18:58] | Dealing with an angry mob, sweating through your shirt– | 忍受客人们的愤怒 出汗湿透T恤 |
[19:01] | I don’t really see what angle he’s playing. | 我还真不明白他玩的什么把戏 |
[19:04] | There’s no angle. | 我没有玩把戏 |
[19:05] | I put a coupon online for spicy tacos, | 我只是把一张辣玉米卷的优惠券放上了网 |
[19:08] | And business went crazy. | 然后生意突然就变得火爆起来 |
[19:10] | If I don’t honor it, it’ll ruin the Hawk’s reputation. | 如果我不好好负责的话 雄鹰霍克的名声就被我毁了 |
[19:13] | Please! Let me fix this mess. | 拜托了 让我先处理好这一团糟吧 |
[19:16] | I think we owe somebody an apology. | 我想我们应该向一个人道歉 |
[19:19] | Avery, I am so sorry. | 艾芙莉 真对不起 |
[19:22] | We never should have doubted you about Tyler. | 我们不应该怀疑你替泰勒说好话 |
[19:26] | Can I get back to work now? | 我能回去工作了吗 |
[19:27] | Well, if you want to honor your commitment, | 好吧 如果你真想要遵守你的承诺 |
[19:29] | You can finish out the day, | 你就把今天的事情做完 |
[19:30] | Before that angry mob tears down the truck. | 在那些愤怒的客人们拆掉餐车之前 |
[19:32] | – Really? – Go! | -真的 -快去 |
[19:34] | Thanks. | 谢啦 |
[19:36] | He is in way over his head. | 他真的已经措手不及了 |
[19:39] | Do you think we should help him out? | 你觉得我们该帮他一把吗 |
[19:40] | Looks like we’re working in a food truck. | 看来我们也要在餐车里工作了 |
[19:43] | Honey, next time Tyler asks for money for a bmx bike, | 亲爱的 下次泰勒要是再向我们要钱买越野自行车 |
[19:47] | Let’s just give him money for a bmx bike. | 我们就给他买车的钱吧 |
[19:59] | Thanks for your help, guys. | 谢谢你们的帮助 |
[20:00] | I guess we should go home now | 咱们现在该回家了吧 |
[20:02] | And you can ground me or make me clean the garage | 你可以罚我禁足 或者让我打扫车库 |
[20:06] | Or whatever you’re gonna do to me. | 我任罚任怨 |
[20:07] | Clean the garage? That’s a good one. | 打扫车库 不错的提议 |
[20:09] | Never would have thought of that. | 我们都还没想过这个惩罚呢 |
[20:10] | I may have misplayed that one. | 我刚才可能搞砸了什么 |
[20:13] | You know you can take the hair net off now, dad. | 你知道现在你可以把发网摘下来的 老爸 |
[20:16] | Just because you can doesn’t mean you have to. | 我可以摘又不意味着我必须要摘 |
[20:19] | Tyler! | 泰勒 |
[20:21] | Heard things got a little busy today! | 听说今天的生意好像有点火爆啊 |
[20:23] | Good job! | 干得好 |
[20:26] | Your son’s a real hard worker. | 你们的儿子真的是个勤奋的员工 |
[20:28] | I don’t know what I’d do without him. | 我不知道没了他我会变成什么样子 |
[20:30] | Probably go back to the way it was two days ago. | 或许会变回两天前的样子 |
[20:33] | Yeah, about that… | 呃 对了 关于这个 |
[20:35] | I think today was my last day. | 我想今天是我最后一天在这里工作了 |
[20:37] | Uh… not so fast. | 呃 别着急 |
[20:40] | Tyler, we’ve seen a side of you today we’ve never seen before. | 泰勒 我们看见了我们以前从未见过的你的另一面 |
[20:43] | Yeah, you really found something you take seriously. | 对啊 看来你确实找到了一些你会认真对待的事情 |
[20:45] | – So I can keep the job? – Yes. | -所以我可以继续工作 -没错 |
[20:48] | But you’re staying in school. | 但你还是要继续上学 |
[20:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:51] | Oh, this is a great day for everybody. | 哦 看来今天对我们大家来说都是个大日子 |
[20:54] | You guys worked all this out, | 你们团结起来一起工作 |
[20:55] | And I found out I don’t have a mole. | 我也发现我并没有鼹鼠 |
[20:58] | He’s a European black bear hamster. | 那是只欧洲黑熊仓鼠 |
[21:02] | Oh… good. | 哦 太好了 |
[21:03] | Well, “The Hawk,” I think we owe you a dinner. | 对了 雄鹰霍克 我觉得我们该请你吃顿晚饭 |
[21:06] | Excellent! I’m gonna go to Chinoise. | 太棒了 我想去吃中国菜 |
[21:10] | I’ll send you the bill. | 我会把账单寄给你的 |
[21:13] | Tyler kept the job he loves, and I couldn’t be happier. | 泰勒可以继续他喜欢的工作 我真是太开心了 |
[21:17] | Especially since I get to | 尤其是当我 |
[21:18] | lick the grease off him after every shift. | 把他每一件T恤上的油脂都舔过以后 |
[21:22] | I also learned a valuable lesson– | 我也上了一堂很有价值的课 |
[21:23] | Never drink out of a public toilet after “Spicy taco coupon day.” | 永远不要在参加完“辣玉米卷特价日”以后喝公厕里的水 |
[21:40] | So, Chloe, | 那么 克洛伊 |
[21:41] | What did you learn being mommy this week? | 在当妈妈的这一周里你学到了些什么 |
[21:43] | Being mommy is hard work. | 当妈妈是个很难的工作 |
[21:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[21:46] | Much harder than being a psychologist. | 比当心理学家要难多了 |
[21:49] | Oh, really? | 哦 是吗 |
[21:52] | Sometimes I feel sad, | 有时候我觉得很难过 |
[21:55] | Sometimes overwhelmed, | 有时候又会不知所措 |
[21:57] | Sometimes lonely. | 有时候还会觉得孤单 |
[21:58] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该干什么 |
[22:00] | You should watch a silly movie. That always makes me happy. | 你应该看一部很傻的电影 这样做总是能让我开心 |
[22:03] | That’s a great idea. | 是个好主意 |
[22:04] | This is easy. | 当心理学家太简单了 |