时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | But it’s your turn.No, I don’t want to. | 但是轮到你了。 不,我不想这么做。 |
[00:07] | Shh! | 嘘! |
[00:09] | Avery, I am your mother.Don’t shush me, it’s… | Avery,我是你母亲. 别嘘我,这。。。 |
[00:12] | It’s okay.She’s expressing herself. | 这没什么. 她只是在表现自己. |
[00:14] | Shh!Avery, I am your father. | 嘘! Avery, 我是你父亲. |
[00:17] | Guys, don’t wake up stan.I think he’s sick. | 各位,别吵醒Stan. 我觉得他病了. |
[00:21] | He won’t come when I call and all he does is lay around | 我叫它的时候 它都不起来 就这么躺在 |
[00:23] | in a pool of his own drool, breathing through his mouth. | 自己的口水堆里, 喘着气。 |
[00:26] | Are you describing stan or Tyler? | 你是在形容Stan还是Tyler? |
[00:28] | Stan’s also not eating. | Stan也没怎么吃东西。 |
[00:31] | Well, that is not Tyler. | 好吧,那肯定就不是在说Tyler了。 |
[00:32] | He’s up in bed right now trying to gnaw through | 他正在自己床上,尝试咬穿 |
[00:34] | a package of frozen fish sticks. | 一包冰冻的鱼条。 |
[00:37] | I’ve found several diseases that match stan’s symptoms. They’re… | 我找到了几种疾病,符合Stan的症状。这些疾病都。。 |
[00:41] | Uh, actually, sweetie, let’s not don’t get into this in front of your mother; | 呃,亲爱的,别在你妈妈面前说这些。 |
[00:45] | She’s a bit, let’s say, prone to suggestion. | 她有一些,怎么说呢, 容易被别人的说法所引导。 |
[00:48] | I am not. | 伦家才没有。 |
[00:50] | Oh, I have seen it happen. | 是吗,我可是眼瞧着发生过的。 |
[00:51] | If someone even mentions a sneeze, | 如果有人哪怕只是提到打喷嚏, |
[00:53] | suddenly you have to sneeze. | 你就会突然想要打喷嚏。 |
[00:55] | That is not true at all and I resent the accusation. | 这完全不是真的,我对你的职责很不爽。 |
[00:58] | ( Sneezes ) | |
[01:01] | The room is very dusty. | 房子里太多灰尘了。 |
[01:02] | I’m not suggestible, I’m a bad duster. | 伦家才不容易受言论影响,只是容易被灰尘影响。 |
[01:05] | I’ve narrowed stan’s diagnosis down to three possibilities. | 我把Stan可能得的疾病范围 缩小到了三种。 |
[01:08] | Languortosis is common in Southern California. | Languortosis在南加利福尼亚很常见。 |
[01:12] | The primary symptom is lethargy, | 最主要的症状是没精打采的。 |
[01:14] | but it also comes with chills and a dry throat. | 同时伴随浑身寒冷以及口干舌燥。 |
[01:16] | ( Shivers and coughs ) I’m fine. | (―_―)。。。我没事。 |
[01:22] | But stan doesn’t have chills or a dry throat, | 但Stan没有发抖,也没有喉咙很干。 |
[01:25] | so I thought it might be droopdacoccus. | 所以,我觉得可能是droopdacoccus。 |
[01:28] | “The droops,” as they are called, | “发蔫”,就如同名字所说, |
[01:30] | also give you sharp pain behind the left eye. | 伴随左眼后感觉到尖锐的刺痛感。 |
[01:32] | Ow. | 嗷。 |
[01:33] | Oh, uh, I think it’s the right eye. | 哦。。额。。。我想应该是右眼。 |
[01:35] | Ow. | 嗷。 |
[01:36] | Oh, I guess it could be either eye. | 哦,也许是其中一只眼。 |
[01:38] | Or it could be both. | 或者。。。两只眼都感觉到。。 |
[01:39] | Oh! | 擦! |
[01:42] | But I don’t think stan has that, | 但我认为Stan也不是得了这个, |
[01:44] | so the other possibility would be k-9-fatigation. | 所以,剩下的选择就是k-9-fatigation。 |
[01:48] | It makes you tired, but it also comes with a terrible itch. | 你会感觉到很累,浑身都非常痒。 |
[01:52] | Mom, are you okay? | 娘,你还好么? |
[01:54] | I’m fine. I’m not experiencing any symptoms. I’m fine. | 我没事。伦家才没有经历什么症状, 伦家很好 |
[01:59] | I really think we should call the vet, though. | 我觉得我们该叫兽医来看看。 |
[02:01] | Yes, go call the vet. | 对,叫兽医。 |
[02:02] | Oh! | 嗷! |
[02:05] | Fine. Finer than fine. This sweater is wool. | 我很好,非常好。 毛衣是羊毛的,太痒了。 |
[02:07] | It’s cotton. It’s wool! | 这是棉的。 羊毛! |
[02:29] | I know that there’s something wrong with stan! | 我觉得Stan肯定生病了! |
[02:32] | That vet doesn’t know what she’s talking about! | 那个兽医绝对是砖家! |
[02:34] | Her wall is lined with diplomas. | 她墙上可挂满了证书。 |
[02:36] | So is yours! | 你不也是?! |
[02:38] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。。。 |
[02:40] | I just know my dog, | 我了解我的狗, |
[02:40] | and I know that there’s something going on. | 它绝对生病了。 |
[02:43] | Well, the doctor did mention depression. | 好吧,那个兽医的确提到过它很抑郁。 |
[02:44] | We should consider it. | 我们应该考虑考虑这个原因。 |
[02:46] | ( Whimpering ) | (啜泣) |
[02:48] | Aw. Look at him. | 嗷。。。瞧瞧这小家伙。 |
[02:50] | He certainly looks depressed. It’s so sad. | 他看起来太抑郁了。 好可怜。 |
[02:54] | ( Sighs ) | (又来。。) |
[02:57] | That’s sad, too, but for a different reason. | 她也很伤心。 因为什么,大家明白的。 |
[03:01] | Well, stan has been doing things | Stan正在做一些 |
[03:03] | that depressed dogs do, like peeing in the house. | 抑郁的狗才做的事。 比如,在房子里尿尿。 |
[03:07] | I’m gonna take my large water bottle and go lie down. | 我要带着我的大号水杯, 然后躺着不动。 |
[03:12] | I better keep an eye on her. | 我最好盯着她点。。 |
[03:16] | I’m really worried about stan. | 我很担心Stan。 |
[03:18] | A little worried about mom, but really worried about stan. | 有一点担心妈妈, 但非常担心Stan。 |
[03:21] | He’ll be fine. Mom and dad don’t seem that worried. | 他会没事的。爸妈不怎么担心。 |
[03:25] | Yeah, because they don’t even know how bad it is. | 对啊,因为他们完全不知道情况有多遭。 |
[03:28] | We can’t even tell them the worst part… | 我们还没告诉他们最糟糕的部分。。 |
[03:30] | That stan has stopped talking! | Stan不说话了! |
[03:33] | Are we sure he ever talked? | 我们能确定他真的说过话? |
[03:34] | I’ve been told I have a very active imagination. | 别人都说我想象力极其丰富。 |
[03:37] | But I don’t. Every night I have the same exact dream. | 但是我想象力不丰富。 我每晚都做着同样一个梦。 |
[03:41] | A little old Russian woman yells at me to eat my soup. | 一个瘦小的俄罗斯老女人 冲着我大声嚷嚷,要我喝了我汤。 |
[03:44] | That’s probably my fault. | 这大概是我的错。。 |
[03:45] | Every night I come into your room and say, | 每晚我都会到你房间大叫, |
[03:47] | ( Russian accent ) “Eat your soup! Eat your soup!” | “喝了你的汤!喝了你的汤!” |
[03:50] | Why would you do that? | 你干嘛这么做? |
[03:52] | Told you, I have a very active imagination. | 我说过了,我有很强的想象力。 |
[03:56] | Guys, forget the soup. We need to focus on stan. | 各位,别管汤不汤了。 想想Stan。 |
[04:00] | And I’m going to get to the bottom of this. | 我要弄清楚到底什么情况。 |
[04:03] | Hey, we love you more than anything and we’re really worried. | 嘿,我们爱你超过一切, 我们很担心你。 |
[04:07] | Please, talk to us. | 帮帮忙,说话啊。 |
[04:08] | What’s wrong, buddy? | 伙计,到底怎么了。 |
[04:10] | Maybe he can’t hear us. | 也许他听不到我们说话。 |
[04:12] | What’s wrong, buddy?! | 伙计,到底怎么了?! |
[04:15] | Works with grandpa. | 这对祖父起效了。 |
[04:26] | I don’t understand. Why would stan stop talking? | 我想不明白。 为什么Stan不说话了? |
[04:29] | Maybe he stopped talking when he started getting depressed. | 也许他一抑郁就不说话了。 |
[04:32] | Everybody concentrate. When did this all begin? | 大家注意。 这事儿是什么时候开始的? |
[04:34] | Well, when we all moved in together, | 当我们搬到一块儿住, |
[04:36] | mom and dad thought a dog would help us bond. | 爸妈认为养一只狗能拉近我们的关系。 |
[04:40] | No, do you remember when stan started acting strange? | 不是这个,你还记得Stan什么时候开始表现得诡异的? |
[04:43] | Oh, that! | 哦!这个啊! |
[04:44] | Yeah, last Tuesday at twelve after four. | 上周二,4点12分的时候。 |
[04:47] | I just had the world’s greatest day working at the food truck. | 我刚在快餐车过完了 世界上最美妙的一天 |
[04:50] | You met a girl? Better! | 你遇到了一个女孩? 比这更好! |
[04:53] | You met a girl with feet made of bacon? | 你遇到了一个双脚是培根的女孩? |
[04:54] | I thought bacon foot was just a legend! | 我以为培根脚只是传说! |
[04:57] | There is no bacon foot. | 没有培根脚。 |
[04:58] | Please don’t tell me there’s no ham-squatch. | 你别说也没有汉堡味的野人。。 |
[05:00] | I had a great day ’cause I got mom to hire | 我读过了最美妙的一天, 因为我让妈妈包下了 |
[05:03] | the food truck to cater Chloe’s birthday party! | 快餐车来迎接Chloe的生日派对! |
[05:06] | Thirty kids eating tacos! | 三十个孩子一起吃玉米面豆卷! |
[05:08] | Oh, there’s gonna be loose meat all over the floor! | 哦~~地上肯定掉满了肉! |
[05:12] | You know, I’m pretty good at this food truck thing. | 你知道么,我对这个还是挺在行的嘛。 |
[05:14] | Hey, one day, I’ll have my own truck | 有一天,我会拥有自己的快餐车, |
[05:17] | and I’ll drive around the country | 然后我要周游全国 |
[05:18] | and never look back! | 再也不走回头路! |
[05:20] | Except for when I’m backing out of a space, | 除了当我重新离开某个地方, |
[05:22] | or backing into a space, or changing lanes. | 或者重新去某个地方,或者换条路开的时候。(这句怎么不太懂呢。。。。) |
[05:24] | I’m a free spirit but a responsible driver. | 我是自由的灵魂,同时也是尽职的司机。 |
[05:28] | Don’t worry. | 别担心。 |
[05:30] | I’ve not forgotten my best friend in the whole world! | 我绝不会忘了这世界上我最要好的朋友! |
[05:33] | Leftovers! | 剩饭! |
[05:35] | ( Chuckles ) It’s your favorite! | 你最喜欢的! |
[05:38] | Grill scrapings and fryer gristle. | 烧烤碎屑和油炸软骨。 |
[05:41] | And something that looks like a beak. | 还有一些像鸟嘴的东西。 |
[05:45] | No, thanks. | 算了。。谢了。 |
[05:47] | Oh, come on. You’re always hungry. | 来嘛来嘛,你总是很饿。 |
[05:48] | It’s good. Look how good it is. | 很美味哦,超美味哦~ |
[05:51] | It’s so good! ( Barks ) | 多么美味啊! |
[05:57] | There’s something wrong with stan. | Stan有些不对劲。 |
[05:59] | Really? With stan? | 是吗?Stan? |
[06:04] | I want grill scrapings and fryer gristle and something that looks like a beak! | 我想要烧烤碎屑、油炸软骨 和那些看起来像鸟嘴的东西! |
[06:10] | That wasn’t the point of the story. | 这不是重点。 |
[06:12] | It was one of the points. | 这是重点之一。 |
[06:14] | Why wouldn’t he eat? That’s not like him. | 他为啥不吃? 这不像他。 |
[06:17] | I remember when I first noticed something strange. | 我记得我第一次感到事情有些不对劲的时候。 |
[06:20] | I was in the family room… | 我在家庭活动室里。。。 |
[06:25] | Oh, hey, dad. What’s up? | 噢,嘿,老爹,在干啥样?(什么在上面) |
[06:28] | Apparently you. | 明显是你。 |
[06:30] | Are those stilts? What are you doing? | 这是高跷? 你在干吗? |
[06:32] | Just, uh, stretching my legs. | 只是。。额。。伸展一下我的腿。 |
[06:36] | ( Laughs ) Classic stilt-walker joke. | 经典的高跷笑话。 |
[06:39] | Sweetheart, if this is about wanting to join the basketball team, | 亲爱的,如果这是因为你想加入篮球队, |
[06:42] | you may grab a lot of rebounds | 你也许可以抢到好多篮板, |
[06:44] | but you are never gonna get back on d. | 但你永远不可能回到……&*(什么意思。。。)。 |
[06:46] | I’m researching colleges. | 我在重新挑选大学。 |
[06:49] | And yes, I know I’m only in sixth grade, | 对,我知道,我才六年级, |
[06:52] | but I plan on skipping ninth and tenth. | 但我准备跳过九和十年级。 |
[06:55] | By stepping over them? | 通过踏过他们的头顶? |
[06:57] | The colleges want extracurricular activities that are, well, unique. | 大学需要一些独特的课外活动。 |
[07:02] | Between classes, cheerleading, and your volunteer work, | 算上你现在的课程,拉拉队领队 以及志愿者工作, |
[07:04] | don’t you think you have enough balls in the air? | 你不觉得你的事儿太多了么(有太多球在空中)? |
[07:06] | Well, actually, that’s my big finish. | 实际上,这是我表演的压轴戏。 |
[07:09] | Oh. | |
[07:10] | You know, I could do this for Chloe’s birthday party if you want. | 你知道么,如果你愿意, 我可以在Chloe的生日派对上表演。 |
[07:13] | Oh, that sounds like fun. | 哦,这听起来很有意思。 |
[07:14] | You know, while you’re up there, can you grab that old balloon? | 乘着你正在上面,能把那个老气球拿下来么? |
[07:16] | Oh, yeah. | 哦,好的。 |
[07:21] | “Happy ninth birthday, ty ty”? | “九岁生日快乐,小泰泰”? |
[07:23] | Oh, yay! You found my balloon! | 哦,耶!你找到了我的气球! |
[07:28] | My biggest fear is he’ll have the same reaction to the balloon that says, “happy fortieth.” | 我最怕的就是他看到写着“四十岁快乐” 的气球的时候还是同样的反应。 |
[07:36] | Stan! What are you doing to my college catalogs?! | Stan!你对我的大学目录册作了什么?! |
[07:39] | Eating them.It’s gonna take you years to get through college. | 吃了他们。你需要花费好几年才能通过大学。 |
[07:42] | In a couple hours, I’m gonna go out to the backyard and pass all these courses. | 几小时以后,我就可以去后院,把所有课程都通过。 |
[07:48] | You’re doing circus tricks at my party? | 你会在我的派对上表演马戏团杂耍? |
[07:50] | That wasn’t the point of the story. | 这不是重点。 |
[07:52] | It was one of the points. | 这是重点之一。 |
[07:55] | You know, stan was chewing those college catalogs like he was mad at them. | 你看。Stan咬那些大学目录册 就好像和他们有仇一样。 |
[07:58] | At least he was still talking. | 起码他还在说话。 |
[08:00] | Yes, he was, ty ty. Good point. | 对,没错,小泰泰,说的对。 |
[08:04] | I can tell you when I first noticed he was depressed. | 我第一次注意到他抑郁的时候。 |
[08:06] | I remember it like it was yesterday. | 就好像这发生在昨天。 |
[08:08] | When was it? | 什么时候? |
[08:09] | Yesterday. | 昨天 |
[08:11] | Why’d you want to talk to me? Am I in trouble? | 为什么要和我谈谈? 我惹什么麻烦了吗? |
[08:14] | Why would you be in trouble? | 为什么你会惹麻烦? |
[08:15] | If you don’t know, I don’t know. Tyler did it. | 如果你不知道, 我也不知道,Tyler干的。 |
[08:17] | Nothing. I love you. Fine, stop grilling me! | 没什么,我爱你。 好吧,别再拷问我了! |
[08:20] | I have shrimp in my pocket! | 我口袋里有虾! |
[08:25] | Okay, well, we’ll deal with the pocket shrimp later. | 好吧,我们等会儿再来讨论 你口袋里的虾的问题。 |
[08:28] | First, Chloe, | 首先,Chole, |
[08:30] | we wanted to talk to you about your very, very, very special seventh birthday party. | 我们想和你讨论关于你的 非常非常非常特殊的七岁生日派对。 |
[08:36] | Yes, we’ve been discussing it quite a bit | 对,我们已经讨论了好一会儿了。 |
[08:37] | and apparently seven is a really, really big deal… | 而且,显而易见的,七岁,非常重要。 |
[08:40] | My parents forgot my seventh birthday. I was devastated. | 我父母忘了我的七岁生日, 我从此一蹶不振。 |
[08:44] | Yes. They went fishing, they left you at grandma’s, | 对,他们去钓鱼了 把你留在了奶奶家, |
[08:47] | grandma made you put lotion on her back. | 奶奶让你帮她在背上抹护肤液。 |
[08:50] | They brought me back a trout. I named him Leo. | 他们回来带个我一条鲑鳟鱼。 我叫它Leo。 |
[08:54] | They made me eat him. | 他们逼我吃了它。 |
[08:58] | Bennett, the party? | Bennett,生日派对? |
[08:59] | It wasn’t really a party, | 这实际上也算不上一个派对, |
[09:00] | more a small gathering to celebrate Leo’s life. | 更像一个小型的聚会,庆祝Leo的生命。 |
[09:05] | Chloe’s party! | Chloe的派对! |
[09:07] | Right, right. | 哦对,对! |
[09:09] | Um, Chloe, we want to know | 额,Chloe,我们想知道 |
[09:11] | what the party of your dreams might be. | 你梦想中的派对是什么样的 |
[09:13] | Well, I haven’t really thought about it. | 嗯,好吧,我没有仔细想过这个问题。 |
[09:15] | But I’d like a mermaid party with space creatures, | 我想要一个美人鱼派对, 还有各种太空生物, |
[09:17] | a bouncy house, zoo animals, and… no boys. | 一个有弹性的房子,动物园里的动物, 并且。。。不要男孩。 |
[09:22] | Honey, that’s awfully extravagant. | 亲爱的,这太过分了。 |
[09:24] | Leo would have liked it. | Leo本会喜欢这个的。 |
[09:28] | Are you ever gonna get to the stan part? | 你还会说到关于Stan的那部分么? |
[09:29] | The what? Oh, right. | 什么?哦。。对。 |
[09:33] | I could probably get them to throw in a petting zoo for my party. | 我应该叫他们弄一些动物园宠物来的。 |
[09:36] | You wanna Chase around some goats? | 你想要追着山羊跑么? |
[09:40] | Maybe some geese? | 或者鹅? |
[09:41] | If you bark, they’ll honk. | 如果你叫的话,他们也会叫的。 |
[09:43] | But don’t honk… they’ll kill you. | 但是别学他们叫 他们会杀了你的。 |
[09:45] | ( Laughs ) | |
[09:47] | I was just kidding, stan. | 我只是在开玩笑,Stan。 |
[09:50] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[09:54] | Why aren’t you talking? | 你怎么不说话? |
[09:55] | Stan can’t talk. Stan can’t talk! | Stan不能说话了, Stan不能说话了! |
[09:59] | Stan can’t talk! | Stan不能说话了! |
[10:01] | What? Stan can’t talk! | 什么? Stan不能说话了! |
[10:03] | Well, of course he can’t, sweetheart. | 它当然不能说话了,亲爱的。 |
[10:05] | I thought Leo could talk. | 我就以为Leo能说话。 |
[10:08] | But when he told me to loosen the screws on grandma’s Walker, | 但是当他叫我去 卸下奶奶随声听上的螺丝的时候 |
[10:11] | I knew it was just in my head. | 我就知道其实这是我想像出来的。 |
[10:14] | I know what’s going on with stan! | 我知道Stan怎么了! |
[10:16] | Think about it. | 仔细想想。 |
[10:17] | What’s one common thread running through | 这几个故事里唯一 |
[10:19] | all of the stories when we were with stan? | 的共同点是什么? |
[10:21] | All of us mentioned Chloe’s birthday party. | 我们全都提到了Chloe的生日派对。 |
[10:24] | He stopped talking the third time he heard about it. | 他第三次听到的时候,就开始不说话了。 |
[10:27] | It’s not my fault for being born. | 我出生又不是我的错。 |
[10:29] | I don’t think. How does that work? | 我觉得不是,这怎么会有关系? |
[10:33] | No, no, stan is upset because we all have birthdays and he doesn’t. | 不不,Stan伤心是因为 我们都有生日而他没有 |
[10:38] | He’s a rescue. No one knows when he was born. | 他是被救回去的。 没人知道他的生日。 |
[10:40] | Therefore, there’s only one way to pull him out of his funk. | 所以,只有一个办法能拯救他。 |
[10:44] | ( Russian accent ) Bring him soup! | 带给他汤! |
[10:48] | Uh, no. But I do have a plan. | 当然不是。但是我的确有个计划。 |
[10:52] | All: Surprise! Happy Birthday! | 吃惊吧! 生日快乐! |
[10:56] | ( All cheer ) | |
[11:09] | Wait, stan, come back, okay? Today’s your new birthday! | 等等,Stan,回来啊, 今天是你的新生日! |
[11:13] | Yeah, we found out that’s why you’re depressed, | 对啊,我们找到了你抑郁的原因, |
[11:15] | so we’re throwing you a party! | 所以我们给你办了个派对! |
[11:17] | All: Whoo! | |
[11:19] | We made liver cake with beef intestines. | 我们用牛肠做了肝蛋糕。 |
[11:23] | Oh, that’s what the chewy part was. | 哦,这就是嚼嚼派对啊。 |
[11:26] | Stan, we threw you this party. Have some fun! | Stan,我们为你办了这个派对。 好好玩嘛。 |
[11:30] | Ooh! You know what’s always fun? Playing fetch. | 哦!你知道玩什么是最开心的吗? 我丢你捡! |
[11:33] | You gonna get it?! | You gonna get it?! 你能捡回来吗?! 你能捡回来吗?! |
[11:35] | Go get it! Go! | 去吧! 冲啊! |
[11:36] | Ball! | 球! |
[11:39] | ( Horn honks ) | |
[11:41] | Chloe, look out! | Chloe,当心! |
[11:42] | Chloe, are you okay? You all right? | Chloe,你没事吧? 你还好吧? |
[11:44] | You gotta be careful! | 你要当心点! |
[11:46] | ( All gasp ) | |
[11:47] | Stan, you talked! | Stan,你说话了! |
[11:48] | So? | 然后? |
[11:50] | So why haven’t you been talking? | 为啥之前你都不说话啊? |
[11:51] | What’s the point? | 重点是? |
[11:53] | What do you mean, what’s the point? | 你在说神马?什么重点? |
[11:55] | Look, the party’s nice and all, but that’s not what has me down. | 派对很棒,但这不是我失落的原因。 |
[11:58] | I heard you guys talking. You’re all gonna leave me. | 我听到你们的讨论。 你们都会离我而去的。 |
[12:02] | No, we’re not. | 不,我们不会的。 |
[12:04] | You’re going to college. | 你会去大学。 |
[12:06] | Tyler, you’re gonna get a food truck | Tyler,你会得到自己的快餐车 |
[12:07] | and drive all over the country. | 周游全国。 |
[12:09] | And Chloe, you’re another year older | Chloe,你会越来越老 |
[12:11] | and practically have one foot in the grave. | 最终会有一只脚踏入坟墓。 |
[12:14] | What?! | 什么?! |
[12:15] | I meant “one foot out the door.” | 我的意思是 “一只脚跨出门。” |
[12:17] | Cut me some slack, I’m bummed out and bad with idioms. | 原谅我吧,我有些沮丧, 而且我不怎么会用俗语。 |
[12:22] | Look, stan, we’re not leaving for a long, long time. | 听着,Stan,我们还有很久不会离开你。 |
[12:27] | But it’s going to happen. | 但这最终还是要发生的。 |
[12:30] | So what’s the point? | 所以还有什么用呢? |
[12:37] | ( Sighs ) We’ve got to get him some help. | 我们得给他一些帮助。 |
[12:39] | Him? I got one foot in the grave! | 他?我都有一只脚在坟墓里了! |
[12:45] | Patient w continues to take his obsession with star wars to an unhealthy level. | 病人w仍然对“star wars”着迷到“不健康的程度”。 |
[12:50] | Today, all he would talk about was using “the force.” | 今天,他讨论的全是使用“原力”。 |
[12:54] | It would be really cool if that worked. | 如果这成功的话,倒是很酷。 |
[13:01] | Oh! | 奥! |
[13:04] | Dad? | 爹? |
[13:05] | You will knock before entering this room. | 你进来之前会先敲门的。 |
[13:07] | Your jedi mind tricks will not work on me! | 你的绝地力量影响不到我的! |
[13:12] | Oh, well, how cool are you? | 奥,挺酷嘛你。 |
[13:13] | Not very. | 也不算酷吧。 |
[13:16] | Um, dad, | 额,爹, |
[13:16] | can I ask you a psychological question? | 我能问你一个心理方面的问题么? |
[13:20] | You can ask me anything. Are you having a problem? | 你可以问我一切事情。 你是遇到什么难处了么? |
[13:22] | Uh, no, not really. | 额,也不算吧。 |
[13:24] | But I have this friend, um, and he’s kind of depressed. | 我有一个朋友, 额,他有点抑郁。 |
[13:27] | He just realized that life is always changing. | 他意识到生活总是在改变。 |
[13:29] | He? He? What “he” is this? Is this someone from school? | 他?他?为什么是“他”? 他是学校里的某人吗? |
[13:33] | Oh, it’s just a funny, sarcastic guy | 只是个可笑的家伙 |
[13:35] | that I play with at the park sometimes. | 我有时候会和他一起在公园里玩。 |
[13:37] | What?! How old is this guy? | 什么?这家伙多大了? |
[13:39] | Well, uh, nobody really knows his real birthday. | 嗯,实际上,没有人确切的知道他的生日。 |
[13:42] | He maybe only be four or five. | 他可能大约四到五岁。 |
[13:44] | And he’s hanging out in the park by himself? | 他自己一个人到公园里去? |
[13:46] | Well, not exactly by himself. | 嗯,也不是完全他自己一个人吧。 |
[13:48] | I take him there. And he’s more like 28. | 我带他过去的。 他其实更像是有28了。 |
[13:50] | What?! You have a male friend who’s 28?! | 什么?!你有个男性朋友,28了?! |
[13:55] | Wait a second. I know what’s going on here. | 等一下,我明白你的意思了。 |
[13:59] | I doubt it. | 我表示怀疑。 |
[14:01] | There is no strange friend from the park, is there? | 根本没有什么奇怪的朋友在公园里是不是? |
[14:04] | This is about you. | 这事关于你自己 对不对。 |
[14:06] | Wow, you are really good. | 哇哦。你真棒。 |
[14:10] | Well, I couldn’t put it on a bus bench if it wasn’t true. | 那是,要不是我真的很棒, 我也不会在车站椅子上这么炫耀了。 |
[14:18] | So, tell me what’s going on. | 那么,告诉我发生了什么。 |
[14:20] | I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like this, | 我不知道你有没有这种感觉, |
[14:22] | but the other day I woke up and it just hit me: | 但是有一天我醒来,突然就意识到: |
[14:26] | Everyone grows up. | 所有人都会长大。 |
[14:27] | Okay. | 嗯。 |
[14:29] | And they move away. Forever. | 然后他们会离开,永远的。 |
[14:32] | And that means that someday, someday pretty soon, | 这就意味着,有一天, 而且这天很快就会到来, |
[14:38] | our family won’t be together anymore. | 我们的家庭,不会再在一起。 |
[14:41] | ( Choked up ) And I love our family. I don’t want it to end. | 我很爱大家,我不想这种生活结束。 |
[14:45] | ( Choked up ) I don’t want it to end either. | 我也不想。 |
[14:49] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[14:50] | ( Sniffles ) | |
[14:52] | It just goes so fast, you know? | 这实在过的太快了,你知道么? |
[14:54] | I mean, how do we stop this from happening? | 我是说,我们该怎么组织这一切发生呢? |
[14:57] | How do we deal with our feelings? | 我们该怎么处理我们的感情呢? |
[14:59] | Dad, you don’t want to have to change your bus bench ad. | 爹,你不想更换你的长椅上的广告吧? |
[15:06] | Okay, what we are feeling… | 好吧,我们所感觉到的。。。 |
[15:08] | What you are feeling… is natural. | “你”所感觉到的。。。是很正常的。 |
[15:11] | Especially if you spend all your time dwelling on the future. | 尤其是当你花了你所有的时间来勾画未来。 |
[15:14] | But I know how to make it better. | 但是 我知道怎么可以好受一些。 |
[15:18] | How? | 怎么样? |
[15:19] | Live your life in the present. | 活在当下。 |
[15:22] | See, the present is a gift. | 你看啊,现在,是一个礼物。 |
[15:24] | Enjoy what you have now and, well, by the time | 享受你现在所拥有的一切, |
[15:27] | the future comes, you’ll be ready for it. | 当未来来临的时候,你就已经准备好了。 |
[15:31] | But what if you’re not? | 但是,如果那时候还没有准备好呢? |
[15:33] | ( Chuckles ) Somehow, honey, you always are. | 不知道为啥,亲爱的,你总会准备好的。 |
[15:37] | Thanks, dad. | 谢谢,爹。 |
[15:40] | Hey, you wanna help me open the door? | 嘿,想帮我一起开门么? |
[15:43] | Yes, I do. | 好啊。 |
[15:44] | ( Chuckles ) | |
[15:49] | I thought you might want a snack. | 我觉得你或许需要一些点心。 |
[15:51] | I did want a snack. | 我确实想要一些。 |
[15:57] | Hey, I’ve been doing some research on your hypochondria, | 嘿,我对你的症状做了一些研究, |
[16:00] | you know how you’re so susceptible to symptoms, | 就是你为什么那么容易受到影响, |
[16:02] | and I came across this rare form called “nurture-omania.” | 然后我看到了这个罕见的论坛“养育狂热症” |
[16:06] | Oh, my gosh, I might be a nurture-omaniac. | 我勒个去, 我可能是养育狂热者。 |
[16:10] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[16:10] | Well, uh, it says it’s where a spouse | 这上面说,就是一个妻子 |
[16:13] | becomes obsessed with taking care | 变得对照顾丈夫的一切需求 |
[16:15] | of their partner’s every need. | 而着迷。 |
[16:18] | Very funny, Bennett. “Nurture-omania.” | 很有趣,Bennett。 “养育狂热症” |
[16:24] | Oh, I really want to rub your back right now | 哦,我现在很想给你挠挠背 |
[16:26] | and make you a frittata, but I am not going to. | 再给你做个菜肉馅煎蛋饼 但我就不去。 |
[16:29] | I was thinking about my party. | 我在想我的派对。 |
[16:31] | Oh, good, because everything is booked: | 太好了,因为所有一切都预订好了: |
[16:33] | The mermaid, the space creatures, | 美人鱼,外太空生物, |
[16:35] | the bouncy house, the zoo animals, and no boys. | 弹弹屋, 动物园的动物,并且,没有男孩子。 |
[16:38] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了。 |
[16:40] | What?! | 什么?! |
[16:41] | Don’t cancel the bouncy house! | 别取消掉弹弹屋! |
[16:43] | We paid for an extra hour for adult bouncy time. | 我们还预定了一个小时的大人弹弹屋时间。 |
[16:46] | I was gonna try a flip. | 我还想尝试一下快速翻转的。 |
[16:49] | I wanna do a fashion party. | 我想要一个时尚派对。 |
[16:50] | No, no, no. It’s too late. We are not changing everything. | 不不不,太迟了。 我们不会改变任何东西的。 |
[16:54] | Maybe we should just give it to her, hon. | 也许我们还是满足她吧,亲爱的。 |
[16:56] | I mean, the kids are here for such a short time, | 我是说,孩子们只能在这儿很短的一段时间, |
[16:59] | then they grow up and move away. | 然后他们马上就会长大,离开。 |
[17:01] | It’s true. I’ve got one foot in the grave. | 这倒是真的。 我都一只脚踏进坟墓了。 |
[17:04] | ( Choked up ) Soon, we’re never gonna see ’em again. | 很快,我们就会再难见到他们。 |
[17:09] | Will you hand me a tissue? | 你能帮我拿张纸巾么? |
[17:11] | No, I will not. I will not nurture you in any way. | 伦家才不要,才不会服务你。 |
[17:15] | ( Sighs ) | |
[17:17] | How do you want your frittata? | 你想要加些什么在你的菜肉馅煎蛋饼里? |
[17:22] | Stan? Stan? I know you’re under there. Stan?Stan? | 我知道你在下面。 |
[17:24] | I can see your tail. | 我能看见你的尾巴。 |
[17:28] | Look, I’ve got great news! | 听着,我有好消息! |
[17:30] | I’ve figured out what’s going on with you! | 我知道你身上发生什么了! |
[17:32] | I know what’ll get you out from under the bed. | 我知道有什么能把你吸引出来的。 |
[17:36] | I know you want to lick ’em! | 我知道你想舔他们! |
[17:39] | I wore thick wool socks and shoes that don’t breathe. | 我穿了厚羊毛袜,还有不透气的鞋子。 |
[17:43] | This little Piggy is very salty. | 这只小猪猪很咸哦。 |
[17:46] | ( Sighs ) | |
[17:48] | Stan, I talked to dad | Stan,我和爹聊过了 |
[17:49] | and I know how to snap you out of this. | 我知道怎么让你好受一些。 |
[17:51] | Yes, you’re right; We’re all gonna grow up. | 对,你说的没错,我们都会长大的。 |
[17:54] | But the present is a gift. | 但是现在是个上天的礼物。 |
[17:56] | And if we spend all of our time worrying about the future, | 如果我们花费所有时间来担忧未来, |
[17:59] | we’ll miss everything great about life right now: | 那我们就会浪费现在这些大好时光。 |
[18:02] | Like taking walks together, | 比如一起散步, |
[18:04] | and throwing balls around in the park, | 在公园里丢球玩, |
[18:08] | and licking between my toes. | 舔舔我的脚趾。 |
[18:11] | I don’t want to get attached to your toes | 我不想迷上你的脚趾 |
[18:11] | when they’re just gonna go off to college someday without me. | 他们会跟着你上大学,远离我。 |
[18:15] | But they haven’t yet. | 但是他们现在还没有。 |
[18:15] | And I hear between the big toe and the second toe, | 我听说,在大脚趾和二脚趾之间, |
[18:20] | they’re thinking about taking a gap year. | 他们在考虑休学一年。 |
[18:23] | Do you really think that joke is gonna get me out of here? | 你真的认为这个笑话可以让我出来? |
[18:27] | Ooh! I can put some peanut butter on them. | 噢!我可以放一些花生酱在上面。 |
[18:38] | Come on, if my peanut butter toes and what dad said | 别这样嘛,如果我的花生酱脚趾 |
[18:42] | can’t snap you out of this, well, then that’s it. | 和爹地说的都不能让你开心起来, 那我也没办法了。 |
[18:46] | I’m really worried, stan. I don’t have any more ideas. | 我真的很担心,Stan。 我没有别的主意了。 |
[18:50] | Ooh, peanut butter! My favorite! | 哇哦,花生酱的! 我最爱! |
[18:53] | Maybe I’ll just take that. | 也许我该直接拿了。 |
[18:55] | Tyler, you don’t want to do that. | Tyler,你不会想这么做的。 |
[18:57] | Who’s gonna stop me? | 谁能阻止我呢? |
[18:57] | I guess no one. | 我想。。没有人吧。 |
[19:05] | Unbelievable… after mermaids and space creatures | 不可思议。。。在美人鱼和 外太空生物以及公主之后 |
[19:08] | and princesses, this is what she picked. | 她居然选择了这个。 |
[19:09] | You gotta admit, a chloe-themed party is very original. | 你必须承认,一个Chloe主题派对是非常原始的(怎么翻译会更好?)。 |
[19:13] | All: Happy Birthday! | 生日快乐! |
[19:16] | What was I thinking? This is freaky! | 我在想什么? 太可怕了! |
[19:20] | What’s freaky? | 什么太可怕了? |
[19:24] | First, I will amaze you… | 首先,带给你们。。。 |
[19:26] | ( All gasp ) | |
[19:27] | With contortions taught to me by… | 超级弯曲柔术,我从一系列 |
[19:29] | A series of five-minute online videos. | 网上的五分钟教学视频里学来的。 |
[19:34] | Don’t get bent out of shape. | 别弯的太过了。 |
[19:35] | ( Laughs ) Classic contortionist joke. | 经典的柔术笑话。 |
[19:40] | Hey, my feet still smell like peanut butter. | 我的脚闻起来还是有股花生酱味道。 |
[19:43] | Sweetie, I think you’re scaring the guests. | 亲爱的,我觉得你吓坏客人了。 |
[19:47] | Oh, then they’re gonna love it when my tibia snaps. | 当我胫骨断裂的时候,他们会喜欢的。 |
[19:49] | I’m stuck. Can you help me out of this? | 我卡住了。帮帮我? |
[19:52] | Oh, yeah. | 当然。 |
[19:57] | I’ll be right back! | 马上回来! |
[20:01] | Hey, you missed my big finish. | 嘿,你错过了我的压轴戏。 |
[20:03] | It took dad and three Chloes to get me unfolded. | 爹和三个“Chloe”一起才把我解开。 |
[20:07] | Why aren’t you at your party? | 你怎么不在我的派对上? |
[20:09] | All those Chloes are freaking me out. | 这些Chloe们让我抓狂。 |
[20:11] | But I thought a Chloe party was what you wanted. | 但我以为一个Chloe主题派对是你想要的啊。 |
[20:13] | It was a good idea in my head, | 在我脑子里,这是个好主意, |
[20:15] | but now it feels like everyone is making fun of me. | 但是现在就好像所有人都在嘲笑我。 |
[20:18] | Oh, good, they got you unfolded. | 哦,不错啊,他们把你解开了。 |
[20:22] | I thought I was gonna have to become a service dog. | 我还以为我要成为一只助残狗了。 |
[20:26] | What’s wrong with the birthday girl? | 生日主角怎么了? |
[20:28] | She doesn’t like her party. | 她不喜欢她的派对。 |
[20:30] | What? You don’t wanna miss your seventh birthday. | 什么?你才不会想要错过自己的七岁生日呢。 |
[20:33] | You only turn seven once. | 你只会有一次七岁。 |
[20:35] | Maybe you should try to enjoy it, | 也许你该好好享受, |
[20:37] | because once it’s gone, it’s… | 因为,一旦结束了,就。。。 |
[20:39] | Once it’s gone, what? | 就怎么? |
[20:41] | Once it’s gone, you never get it back again. | 一旦结束了,就再也回不来了。 |
[20:44] | You never get this day back again. | 你永远回不到过去的日子。 |
[20:47] | I don’t want this day back again. | 我再也不想回到这天。 |
[20:49] | Quiet. We’re onto something else. | 安静。 我们在说别的。 |
[20:53] | If I spend all my time worrying about the future, | 如果我花所有时间都在忧虑未来, |
[20:56] | I’ll miss everything great about life right now. | 我会失去现在的一切美好。 |
[20:58] | That’s exactly what I said to you. | 这就是我跟你说的嘛。 |
[21:00] | No, I’m pretty sure I came up with that on my own. | 才不是,我确信这是我自己想出来的。 |
[21:02] | The thing is, before I came to this family, | 事实上,在我来这儿之前, |
[21:05] | I never got sad like this because I never had so much to lose. | 我从来不会那么伤心,因为 我从来没什么可以值得失去的。 |
[21:10] | Well, that’s the price you pay for having people in your life that you love so much. | 这就是要要付出的代价, 为了你所爱的那些人。 |
[21:15] | Then it’s totally worth it. | 这一切都是值得的。 |
[21:19] | Oh, my one regret is that I didn’t lick your toes | 我唯一后悔的事没有舔你的脚趾 |
[21:21] | after you smeared that peanut butter toast on them. | 尤其是在你把那个花生酱吐司抹上去之后。 |
[21:24] | That’s not the peanut butter toast I ate, is it? | 那不是我吃的那个花生酱吐司吧?! |
[21:28] | You said I couldn’t stop you. | 你说的我没法阻止你。。。 |
[21:30] | I don’t know what’s more disturbing… | 我不知道哪件事令我更困惑。。。 |
[21:31] | The fact that I ate it, or the fact that I liked it! | 是我吃了它的事实。。。还是我居然喜欢吃的事实! |
[21:36] | Hey, what about my stinky birthday? | 嘿,我这恶心的生日该怎么办? |
[21:38] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意。 |
[21:39] | Okay! He’s a good boy! | 哇哦哇哦,他是个好小伙! |
[21:42] | So, I learned to stop worrying and enjoy the present. | 所以,我学会了停止忧虑,享受当下。 |
[21:46] | I even invented a little saying to remember that: | 我甚至发明了一个说法来记住这个: |
[21:48] | The present is a gift. | 现在是一个礼物。 |
[21:51] | I’m pretty sure i came up with that. | 我很确信是我自己想出来的。 |
[21:54] | Anyway, i decided it was time | 无论如何,我决定, |
[21:56] | to have a birthday party for myself. | 我该要一个自己的生日派对了。 |
[21:58] | I just wish I’d come up with a different theme. | 我只希望自己能够想到一个别的主题。 |
[22:02] | Chloe was right. | Chloe是对的。 |
[22:03] | It totally freaked me out. | 这让我毛骨悚然。 |
[22:08] | That was quite a party. | 好一个派对啊。 |
[22:10] | I’m gonna take Chloe upstairs and put her to bed. | 我带Chloe上楼睡觉去。 |
[22:13] | I just tucked Chloe in on the couch. | 我刚把Chloe塞进沙发。 |
[22:17] | Chloe conked out at the park. I’m taking her up to bed. | Chloe在公园里睡着了,我带她上床去。 |
[22:20] | Both: Chloe! Chloe! |