时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | It’s eighty-five and sunny today in Pasadena. | 帕萨迪纳今天晴天 85华氏度 |
[00:07] | That’s right, it’s Christmas time. | 对了 圣诞节马上就要到了 |
[00:10] | For the first time in my whole life, | 这是我一生中第一次 |
[00:12] | I get to spend Christmas as part of a family, | 作为一个家庭成员和大家共度圣诞节 |
[00:14] | And I’m so excited that I even let them dress me up. | 我太兴奋了 我还让他们帮我打扮了一下 |
[00:17] | Check it out. | 瞧瞧 |
[00:19] | Pretty cool, huh? | 很酷吧 |
[00:20] | Hey, I got the red nose and I can talk. | 我有红鼻子而且我可以说话 |
[00:23] | I wonder if I can fly. | 我想知道我会不会飞 |
[00:30] | Nope. | 不行 |
[00:33] | It doesn’t matter. | 不过没关系 |
[00:33] | I finally get to discover the true meaning of Christmas. | 因为我懂得了圣诞节真正的意义 |
[00:37] | Hey, I think it means having a place to pee indoors. | 意义就在于家里终于有个地方能让我尿尿了 |
[00:41] | No! | 不 |
[00:43] | Sorry. First Christmas. | 对不起 我第一次过圣诞节 |
[00:46] | Don’t feel bad, Stan. | 别难过 斯坦 |
[00:48] | Last Christmas, I drank a whole carton of egg nog | 上次圣诞节的时候 我喝了一整盒蛋酒 |
[00:51] | And threw up on santa’s cookie plate. | 还吐在了圣诞老人的饼干盘上了 |
[00:53] | They were gone the next morning. Santa’s gross. | 第二天早上他们全不见了 圣诞老人真恶心 |
[00:57] | Hey, you dropped these pine needles outside. | 你们把松树上的松针都掉在外面了 |
[01:01] | Phil Trummer. | 菲尔・特拉默 |
[01:02] | You know how in every neighborhood | 你知道每个小区里面 |
[01:03] | There’s one mean, scary guy that nobody likes? | 总有一个尖酸刻薄不讨人喜欢的邻居 |
[01:06] | Phil Trummer trains that guy. | 菲尔・特拉默就是那个人 |
[01:10] | Mr. Trummer, we were gonna clean those up. | 特拉默先生 我们会把松针清理干净的 |
[01:12] | Daddy, I thought you said to | 爸爸 我记得你不是说 |
[01:14] | let them blow into nasty old man Trummer’s yard? | 让松针吹到那个讨人厌的老特拉默的院子里吗 |
[01:17] | My dad calls everyone nasty old man Trummer. | 我爸爸把每个人的名字都叫成讨人厌的老特拉默 |
[01:20] | He calls my mom nasty old man Trummer. | 他叫我妈也叫讨人厌的老特拉默 |
[01:23] | So, mr. Trummer, any special plans for the holidays? | 那么 特拉默先生 假期有什么打算吗 |
[01:26] | Oh, thanks for asking, nasty old man Trummer. | 多谢关心 讨人厌的老特拉默 |
[01:31] | Just calling the cops if you leave | 要是八点以后你们的圣诞彩灯还亮着 |
[01:32] | your Christmas lights on after 8:00. | 我会叫打电话警察来的 |
[01:36] | Wow, you can really tell it’s Christmas. | 圣诞节还真是要到了啊 |
[01:38] | He was so much nicer this time. | 他这次很友好 |
[01:40] | He didn’t call me sally or tell me to cut my hair. | 他都没叫我莎丽 也没叫我剪头发 |
[01:42] | Cut your hair, Sally! | 把头发剪了 莎丽 |
[01:56] | Dog With a Blog S01E06 Bark! The Herald Angels Sing | |
[02:08] | You’re writing and we’re not in school? | 你在家里写字 这可不是学校啊 |
[02:10] | Quiet, I’m thinking. | 安静 我在思考 |
[02:11] | Writing and thinking? | 写字和思考 |
[02:13] | It’s a Christmas miracle! | 真是圣诞节的奇迹啊 |
[02:16] | No, it’s a Christmas wish list. | 不是 这是我的圣诞节愿望清单 |
[02:17] | A Christmas miracle would be if you moved back to Whoville. | 圣诞节奇迹应该是你搬回了你的无名镇去 |
[02:22] | My mom never lets me make a wish list. | 我妈从来没让我写过愿望清单 |
[02:24] | She believes all christmas gifts should be a surprise. | 她认为圣诞节礼物应该是惊喜 |
[02:26] | And she’s the world’s worst gift giver. | 而她真的很不会送礼物 |
[02:28] | She can’t be that bad. | 她没那么差吧 |
[02:30] | Her gifts are one of a kind, | 她的礼物大多都是从 |
[02:32] | Often bought at craft fairs or boutiques. | 手工艺品市场或者小商品店淘回来的 |
[02:34] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[02:37] | Well, now that my dad is married to your mom, | 既然我爸已经和你妈结婚了 |
[02:39] | I guess we’re all doing it this way. | 我想这次你应该可以写愿望单了 |
[02:41] | This is for real? I get to make a list? | 真的吗 我要写一个单子 |
[02:43] | I mean, I’m used to making lists of things I have to do, | 我是说 我以前写的单子都是关于我必须做什么 |
[02:45] | Or things I disapprove of, or silly names for pickles– | 或者关于我不赞成的事或者是关于腌菜的一些有趣的名字 |
[02:49] | Gherkin. | 西印度小黄瓜 |
[02:51] | Lame. | 烂透了 |
[02:52] | Or things that annoy me about you. | 或者是一些你让我生气的事情 |
[02:54] | Super lame. | 更烂了 |
[02:55] | No.72: Limited vocabulary. | 第七十二条 词汇量严重匮乏 |
[03:00] | But I never got to make a list of things I want. | 我从来没写过一张关于我想要什么的单子 |
[03:02] | Where do I start? Ooh, wait a minute. Pepperoncini. | 我应该怎么开头呢 等一下 托斯卡纳辣椒 |
[03:07] | That’s something you want? | 那是你要的东西 |
[03:09] | No, it’s a pickle. | 不 是一种腌菜 |
[03:11] | No.73: Knows nothing of pickles. | 第七十三 对腌菜一无所知 |
[03:17] | Here’s my list. | 这是我的愿望清单 |
[03:20] | A t-rex bone? | 一根霸王龙的骨头 |
[03:21] | Where’s someone gonna get that for you? | 谁能给你弄这个来 |
[03:23] | Right down the street in that giant bone store. | 就在街尾的那家大骨头店就有 |
[03:25] | That’s the museum of natural history. | 那是自然历史博物馆 |
[03:28] | That’s the worst name for a bone store since “Cemetery.” | 那是继“墓地”后又一个骨头店的烂名字 |
[03:32] | I just can’t believe my mom agreed to this list thing. | 我只是不敢想象我妈竟然同意让我们写愿望清单 |
[03:35] | I did not agree to this list thing! | 我不同意他们写愿望清单 |
[03:39] | But I’ve always done lists. | 但是我一直都让他们写愿望清单的 |
[03:41] | Bennett, what does that teach the kids? | 班尼特 你就是这样教育孩子的 |
[03:42] | That you write down something and you automatically get it? | 你写下一些东西然后就自然而然地得到了 |
[03:45] | That’s not christmas. That’s mother’s day. | 那才不是圣诞节呢 那是母亲节 |
[03:48] | Well, this is our first christmas together as a family. | 这是我们第一次作为一个家庭一起过圣诞节 |
[03:52] | I have my traditions and you have yours. | 我有我的传统 你有你的 |
[03:56] | But if surprise gifts is what you want, we’ll do it. | 但如果你想给孩子们惊喜礼物的话 那我们就按你的来 |
[04:01] | That’s very sweet. | 你真体贴 |
[04:02] | Okay, and so what tradition of yours should we do? | 好吧 那哪些事该遵循你的传统做法呢 |
[04:04] | Well, I know you think of me as an esteemed doctor, | 我知道你觉得我是一个受人尊敬的医生 |
[04:07] | Loving father, and macho man of a husband. | 慈爱的父亲和有男子气概的丈夫 |
[04:10] | What you don’t know is that I also like to get dressed up | 但是你不知道其实我也喜欢穿上盛装 |
[04:12] | And go singing around the neighborhood. | 在小区里唱歌 |
[04:15] | Now, it’s not just caroling, | 不只是唱赞美诗 |
[04:16] | It’s more of a yuletide cabaret brought to your front door. | 而更像是在你家门前的一场圣诞节歌舞表演 |
[04:28] | What would your second choice be? | 你还有其他想做的吗 |
[04:30] | Well, you’re not seeing it with the full effect, | 你还没有看到整体效果 |
[04:33] | With the bowler hat and the white gloves. | 还有圆礼帽和白色手套呢 |
[04:36] | The neighbors look forward to it every year. | 邻居们每年都非常期待 |
[04:38] | Hark, the herald angels sing | 听啊 天使高声唱 |
[04:42] | Glory to the newborn king | “荣耀归与新生王” |
[04:52] | Must have gone to bed early. | 肯定是早早睡觉去了 |
[04:57] | What better way to embrace the Christmas spirit | 除了我的小小天才之作“圣诞爵士弥撒”表演 |
[04:59] | Than with a little piece of genius I call “All that jazz-mas.” Ah! | 还有什么更好的方式来发扬圣诞节的精神吗 |
[05:04] | I’ve already got a bowler hat and a jazz suit for you, too. | 我帮你也买了一个圆礼帽和一套爵士服 |
[05:06] | – You do? – It’s got sequins! | -真的吗 -上面还镶有金属亮片呢 |
[05:10] | I’ll go get them! | 我拿给你看 |
[05:11] | Oh, I guess since we’re doing my surprise tradition, | 既然我们这次按照我的惊喜礼物的方式过圣诞节 |
[05:13] | There’s really no argument I can make against jazz caroling. | 那么我反对爵士颂歌你不会生气吧 |
[05:16] | Is there? Is there an argument? | 你不会生气吧 不生气吧 |
[05:19] | Mom! This is so great! I’m writing my Christmas list! | 妈妈 太棒了 我在写我的圣诞节愿望单 |
[05:21] | Oh, honey. It’s sweet you’re pretending to like this crazy list idea– | 亲爱的 你假装喜欢这个疯狂愿望清单的主意确实很贴心 |
[05:25] | I’m not pretending. I love it. | 我没在假装 我确实喜欢 |
[05:28] | My brave little girl, trying so hard to hide her disappointment. | 我勇敢的小女孩 这么努力掩饰你的失望 |
[05:31] | Don’t worry, we’re doing this our way– no lists. | 别担心 我们还是按照我们的方式来 没有什么清单 |
[05:36] | I’m gonna surprise you like every year. | 我会像往常一样给你惊喜的 |
[05:38] | Oh, yay. | 真棒 |
[05:42] | Your hep threads, pussycat. | 你的时尚装备 小猫咪 |
[05:47] | Oh, yay. | 真棒 |
[05:56] | …and silent night, snap, kick. | 和宁静的夜晚 啪 踢腿 |
[05:58] | No, no, no. Honey, come on. | 不 亲爱的 来嘛 |
[06:00] | It’s a simple eight-count, stay with me. | 只是个简单的八拍 跟我学 |
[06:02] | Whether or not I stay with you | 我现在在想的就是 |
[06:04] | is definitely something I’m mulling over right now. | 还要不要再跟着你学了 |
[06:10] | Oh, Chloe, sweetie, check who it is. | 克洛伊 宝贝 看看谁来了 |
[06:11] | It might be a stranger on the other side of the door. | 门的另一边可能是个陌生人哦 |
[06:13] | Can’t be any stranger than what’s on this side of the door. | 肯定不会比门这边的这个人更奇怪了 |
[06:13] | (注:“更奇怪”和“陌生人”是一个词stranger) | |
[06:17] | It’s nasty old man Trummer again. | 又是讨人厌的老特拉默 |
[06:19] | Everybody get down! | 全体蹲下 |
[06:20] | I can hear you! | 我听到你说话了 |
[06:22] | Get down and give thanks for wonderful mr. Trummer | 蹲下并且向好好先生特拉默表示感谢 |
[06:26] | And for the baboon heart that’s keeping him alive. | 也谢谢他体内狒狒的心脏让他存活至今 |
[06:30] | Hello, Mr. Trummer. | 你好 特拉默先生 |
[06:31] | Oh, look. It’s Fosse the Snowman. | 瞧瞧 这是雪人福斯啊 |
[06:35] | Does Christmas really need this? | 圣诞节真的有必要这样吗 |
[06:35] | (注:圣诞老人有九只驯鹿,第四只叫Prancer) | |
[06:37] | Santa’s already got one prancer. | 圣诞老人已经有一只“乱舞”的驯鹿了 |
[06:40] | Actually, I’m much more of a dasher. | 事实上 我算是个时髦的帅哥 |
[06:40] | (注:Dasher和Vixen是圣诞老人的第二和第五只驯鹿) | |
[06:42] | And my wife here is a vixen. | 而我的妻子是只“雌狐狸” |
[06:44] | Oh, thank you, sweetheart. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[06:47] | Well, that’s a disgusting display. If I had tears, I’d cry. | 真是恶心 如果我有眼泪的话 我都哭了 |
[06:53] | That must have been one mean baboon. | 那肯定是一只刻薄的狒狒 |
[06:56] | I just came to tell you to turn your blinking lights off at night. | 我只是过来告诉你们晚上把你们一闪一闪的灯给关掉 |
[07:00] | They’re keeping me up. | 它们闪的我睡不着 |
[07:01] | Are you going to attach balloons to your house and fly away? | 你会在房子上面系上气球然后飞走吗 |
[07:05] | I wish. | 我希望会 |
[07:10] | What’s so important that you had to pull me away from the internet? | 有什么大事你非得把我从网上拽下来 |
[07:12] | I was watching a zebra do a back flip off a diving board. | 我在看一只斑马在跳水板上做后空翻跳水 |
[07:16] | That’s a huge waste of time. Please send it to me. | 那完全是浪费时间 记得传给我看看 |
[07:20] | All right, now, we have something very important to discuss. | 好了 我有一件很重要的事情要和你们讨论 |
[07:23] | We have to pretend to like the gifts mom gives us Christmas morning | 我们得假装喜欢妈妈给我们准备的圣诞节礼物 |
[07:26] | Or she will be devastated. | 不然她会失望的 |
[07:27] | Her gifts can’t be that bad. | 她的礼物不会那么烂吧 |
[07:29] | Really? What do you think of this? | 是吗 你觉得这个怎么样 |
[07:32] | Aah! It’s hideous! | 啊 太丑了 |
[07:36] | Is that your mom? | 那是你妈妈吗 |
[07:39] | Why would she give that to a kid? | 为什么她会把那种东西送给一个孩子 |
[07:41] | Maybe for the same reason she gave these to a kid. | 也许和她送这些是同样的原因 |
[07:45] | Grandma’s teeth. | 奶奶的假牙 |
[07:48] | Doesn’t mommy like you? | 妈妈不喜欢你吗 |
[07:50] | The question is, didn’t grandma have a toothbrush? | 问题是 奶奶难道没有牙刷吗 |
[07:54] | If any of my presents are this bad, I’m gonna freak. | 如果我的礼物是这样的话 我会被吓死的 |
[07:57] | I’m gonna do this. | 我会这样 |
[08:06] | Look, the point is, if mom sees how much we hate the gifts, | 听着 关键是 如果妈妈知道我们这么讨厌她的礼物 |
[08:10] | She will have a very sad Christmas. | 她圣诞节会很难过的 |
[08:12] | Judging by this picture, your mom can’t help but smile. | 从这个照片来看 你妈妈笑得停不下来 |
[08:15] | That’s not my mother! | 那不是我妈 |
[08:18] | Okay, we’ll fake what we think about the gifts. | 好吧 我们会假装出我们对那些礼物的态度 |
[08:20] | I’m pretty good at faking what I think about things. | 我很会假装对事物的态度 |
[08:22] | “No, Amanda, I’m not coming over to your house | “不 阿曼达 我来你家并不是因为 |
[08:25] | because your sister’s a model. | 你的姐姐是一个模特 |
[08:27] | I like hearing about your skin problems.” | 我喜欢听你讲你的皮肤问题” |
[08:31] | Guys, we have to practice our reactions. Watch this. | 我们必须练习一下我们的反应 看这个 |
[08:35] | I unwrap the box. | 我打开盒子 |
[08:36] | What could it be? | 会是什么呢 |
[08:37] | Something I’ve always wanted! | 是我一直想要的东西 |
[08:39] | A look of surprise, a tiny gasp, a squeal, a butt wiggle. | 惊喜的表情 轻微的喘气 尖叫一声 扭一下屁股 |
[08:44] | Who’s up next? | 下一个谁来 |
[08:45] | Oh, me, me, me! I got this. | 我 我 我会了 |
[08:48] | “Hey, wow, great gift, Ellen. | 礼物真棒 艾伦 |
[08:50] | I mean, you nailed it! How did you know?!” | 我是说 你真厉害 你怎么知道我喜欢这个 |
[08:52] | And butt wiggle. | 然后扭一下屁股 |
[08:55] | Stan, no. You’re the only one here who doesn’t get to talk. | 斯坦 你是这里唯一一个不用说话的 |
[08:59] | Then the whole thing’s off. | 那就没我什么事儿了 |
[09:00] | If I butt wiggle without talking, I get the worm medicine. | 如果我不说话还扭屁股的话 那我要打蛔虫了 |
[09:05] | All right, Chloe, show me your stuff. | 好了 克洛伊 你做给我看看 |
[09:07] | Convince me you really love your present. | 让我相信你真的喜欢你的礼物 |
[09:11] | What’s that look? | 这是什么表情 |
[09:12] | I drank three juice boxes. | 我喝了三盒果汁 |
[09:14] | I have to go! | 我得走了 |
[09:19] | Okay, Tyler, your turn. | 好了 泰勒 轮到你了 |
[09:21] | Oh, I’m good, I went a few minutes ago. | 我没事 我刚去过厕所 |
[09:23] | No, your thrilled present-opening face. Go! | 不是这个 你拆礼物的时候的惊喜的表情 来吧 |
[09:26] | I gave you my best stuff with the skin problem. | 我已经给你看了我听皮肤问题时候的表情了 |
[09:29] | Well, mom doesn’t have a skin problem. | 妈妈没有皮肤问题 |
[09:30] | Then why does she wear all that white stuff on– | 那她为什么要涂那么多白色的东西在脸上 |
[09:32] | That’s not her! | 那不是我妈 |
[09:35] | Hey, I can fake it all you want, | 你想要什么表情我都能假装 |
[09:37] | But what if the gift is even worse than I can imagine? | 可是要是礼物比我想象中的还要糟怎么办 |
[09:40] | Well, then there’s only one thing to do. | 那你只要做一件事情 |
[09:42] | We gotta find the real gifts | 我们提前找到真正的礼物 |
[09:44] | so we won’t be horrified Christmas morning. | 这样一来我们就不会在圣诞节早晨突然受到惊吓 |
[09:46] | They’re hidden somewhere in this house, so let’s split up and– | 我们的礼物就藏在这栋房子的某个地方 所以我们分头 |
[09:50] | Stan, put those away. | 斯坦 把那个东西放下 |
[09:56] | Oh, Christmas cookies. | 圣诞节饼干 |
[09:58] | Just making some cookies to take to the neighbors. | 只是做些饼干送给邻居而已 |
[10:00] | I’m spreading cheer and icing. | 我要去传播快乐和糖衣 |
[10:03] | Good one, Ellen. | 说得好 艾伦 |
[10:04] | Well, that is a lovely thought, hon, | 你的想法很不错 |
[10:06] | But I have been jazz-masing | 但是我整个星期都在小区里 |
[10:08] | through the neighborhood all week and nobody is home. | 进行圣诞爵士弥撒表演 竟然没有一个邻居在家里 |
[10:11] | Oh, you went without me. | 你不想带我去是吧 |
[10:14] | This isn’t a joke, Ellen. | 我没开玩笑 艾伦 |
[10:16] | This is pasadena house-to-house jazz caroling. | 这是面向帕萨迪纳每家每户的圣诞爵士颂歌表演 |
[10:20] | I’m not saying people are hiding inside their homes, | 我并不是说每个人都藏在他们家里 |
[10:23] | But if you want to lure them out, you should use my cookies. | 但是如果你想吸引他们出来 你得用我的饼干 |
[10:27] | And I’m not saying your cookies are dry and tasteless | 我并不是说你的饼干又干又难吃 |
[10:30] | And suck the moisture out of your body, | 而且会吸走你体内的水分 |
[10:32] | But I think we might have better luck with mine. | 但是我觉得用我的饼干招待会更好 |
[10:37] | – You made cookies? – Mm-hmm. | -你做了饼干 -嗯 |
[10:38] | No, baking is my tradition. | 不 烘焙是我的传统 |
[10:40] | We’re doing my surprise gifts, your jazz-masing, | 我们要用我的惊喜礼物 你的圣诞爵士弥撒表演 |
[10:44] | Now it’s my turn. | 现在轮到我了 |
[10:45] | Just taste one of my cookies. | 尝尝我的饼干 |
[10:46] | No, just taste one of mine. Mine are better. | 不 尝我的 我的更好 |
[10:48] | No, just taste mine. | 不 尝我的 |
[10:49] | No, mine’s an old family recipe. | 不 我的可是家庭祖传秘方 |
[10:51] | Your family made shoes. | 你家是祖传做鞋的 |
[10:56] | Oh, hello, Chloe. | 早啊 克洛伊 |
[11:01] | Um, are you looking for something? | 你在找什么东西吗 |
[11:03] | Yes, something horrible I have to pretend to like. | 是的 我在找一些很恐怖的东西而且我还得假装喜欢 |
[11:06] | Ellen, give Chloe one of your cookies. | 艾伦 给克洛伊一块你的饼干 |
[11:14] | Who is it? | 谁啊 |
[11:15] | Nasty old man Trummer. | 讨人厌的老特拉默 |
[11:17] | I’m supposed to pretend we’re not home. But hi. | 我应该假装我们不在家的 不过 早啊 |
[11:24] | Hey, Bernadette Peters. | 你好 伯纳德塔・彼特斯 |
[11:24] | (注:美国著名女演员 其发型与克洛伊一样) | |
[11:26] | I don’t get that. | 我没明白 |
[11:28] | I found your dog outside trying to escape. | 我看到你的狗在外面还试图逃跑 |
[11:31] | Tell your parents to keep an eye on him. | 告诉你父母多多注意这只狗 |
[11:33] | You don’t want anything to happen to him, not that I care. | 你不会希望它出什么意外的 虽然我无所谓 |
[11:38] | I wasn’t escaping. We were looking for presents. | 我不是在逃跑 我们在找礼物 |
[11:41] | Then I had to go outside and leave a present. | 然后我就出去了 还留了一件礼物 |
[11:45] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞节快乐 |
[11:50] | Any luck in the kitchen, Chloe? | 厨房里有没有 克洛伊 |
[11:51] | No presents in the kitchen. | 厨房里没有礼物 |
[11:53] | Well, then there’s only one place left to look. | 好吧 那只剩下一个地方可以找了 |
[11:55] | Come on. | 跟我来 |
[11:58] | Are you sure we should be doing this? | 你确定我们要这么做吗 |
[11:59] | I know we’re doing the wrong thing, | 我知道我们做的事情不对 |
[12:00] | But we’re doing it for the right reasons. | 但是我们是出于正当的理由 |
[12:02] | Story of my life. | 我的人生写照 |
[12:05] | Guys, I think we hit pay dirt! | 伙计们 我想我们找到矿藏了 |
[12:07] | She’s giving us dirt? | 她要给我们灰尘 |
[12:07] | (注:矿藏pay dirt中dirt的意思是灰尘) | |
[12:10] | No, it’s an expression. | 那只是个短语 |
[12:12] | Although in this case, you might be right. | 虽然在这件事上 你可能是对的 |
[12:14] | All right, let’s look at our presents | 好吧 我们来看一下我们的礼物 |
[12:17] | And get all of the horror out of our systems. | 让所有的恐惧都烟消云散 |
[12:19] | Remember, it’s all for mom. | 记住 这都是为了妈妈 |
[12:24] | Cool! An X-Kube! | 好酷啊 X-Kube游戏机 |
[12:27] | What? | 什么 |
[12:28] | This is exactly what I wanted! | 这正是我想要的 |
[12:30] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[12:32] | A doll! I love her! | 一个洋娃娃 我好喜欢她 |
[12:35] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[12:37] | Why? I’m a little girl, I love dolls. | 为什么 我是个小女生 我喜欢洋娃娃 |
[12:41] | Mom bought good gifts? | 妈妈也会买这么好的礼物 |
[12:44] | Maybe being in this new family has changed her. | 也许这个新家庭改变了她 |
[12:47] | Wow, I won’t have to pretend on Christmas morning. | 我再也不用假装喜欢圣诞节的早晨了 |
[12:50] | I can actually be thrilled! | 我也能真的激动一回了 |
[12:56] | A Christmas poncho? | 圣诞斗篷 |
[12:59] | No! | 不 |
[13:00] | And butt wiggle. | 扭一下屁股 |
[13:03] | Hey, look what I got! | 看看我的礼物 |
[13:04] | It looks like a bone, but it’s made out of rubber. | 这个看上去像骨头 但是是橡胶做的 |
[13:06] | If this thing squeaks, I’m– | 要是这能叫的话 我会 |
[13:10] | Jumping jack russell! She totally gets me! | 高兴地蹦起来 她真了解我 |
[13:14] | Yeah, she gets you guys. | 是啊 她了解你们 |
[13:17] | All of my life, I’ve been pretending to like her horrible gifts. | 我从出生到现在一直在假装喜欢她的恐怖礼物 |
[13:21] | I thought she was a terrible gift giver, but it’s just with me. | 我以为她是真不会送礼物 可是她只是对我这样而已 |
[13:27] | What’s going on here? | 到底是怎么回事 |
[13:29] | Why don’t you just ask her? | 为什么你不问问她 |
[13:31] | How can I even face her? | 我该怎么面对她呢 |
[13:33] | Turn around. | 转过身 |
[13:42] | Um, probably uncool to squeak my awesome gift in front of you right now. | 也许我现在不该在你面前把我的超棒的礼物弄得咯吱响 |
[13:46] | So I’m just gonna take it in the other room. | 所以我还是把它带到其他房间吧 |
[14:02] | Hey, hon. | 嘿 亲爱的 |
[14:04] | I’m so depressed. | 我很难过 |
[14:06] | Well, I was a little hard on you earlier, | 我刚刚是对你苛刻了一点 |
[14:08] | But baking is not for everyone. | 但不是每个人都擅长烘焙的 |
[14:12] | Not that. Do you think Avery and I relate well? | 不是那个 你觉得我和艾芙莉真的互相了解吗 |
[14:16] | And I don’t want to hear any of your therapy gobbledy-gook. | 我也不想听任何你的不切实际的理论 |
[14:18] | Can I use the language of dance? | 我能用舞蹈语言来表达吗 |
[14:21] | Please don’t. | 千万别 |
[14:24] | Mom, I think we need to talk. | 妈 我觉得我们需要谈谈 |
[14:26] | Have you really hated all the gifts I’ve given you? | 你真的讨厌我给你的礼物吗 |
[14:28] | I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. | 我真的很抱歉 我并不想伤害你的感情 |
[14:31] | I just always thought you were a bad gift giver. | 我只是以为你很不会送礼物 |
[14:34] | But you got such good gifts for everyone else this year. | 但是你今年给其他人都准备了很好的礼物 |
[14:38] | Don’t you like me? | 难道是因为你不喜欢我 |
[14:40] | Oh, sweetheart, I love you. You’re my girl. | 亲爱的 我爱你 你是我的女儿 |
[14:44] | I thought you loved my gifts. | 我以为你喜欢我的礼物 |
[14:45] | Why would I love grandma’s teeth? | 我怎么会喜欢奶奶的假牙呢 |
[14:48] | When you were a little girl, | 你小的时候 |
[14:49] | You used to take them out of the glass by her bed and play with them. | 经常从奶奶床边的玻璃杯里把它拿出来玩 |
[14:52] | I was three. And even then, you might have discouraged that. | 我那会儿才三岁 而且当时你完全可以别让我玩 |
[14:56] | Why? We used to laugh and laugh. It was our thing. | 为什么呢 我们当时欢笑不断 那是属于咱们的事情 |
[14:59] | You gave her teeth? | 你送她假牙吗 |
[15:01] | Now, when you say she has your mother’s eyes, you don’t mean she… | 当你说她注视着你母亲的眼睛时 你的意思不会是 |
[15:08] | I give you things that are special to both of us, | 我送你的是对我们两个来说都有特殊意义的礼物 |
[15:11] | like the clown picture. | 就像那幅小丑画 |
[15:12] | I had it in my room when I was little, and now it’s in your room. | 我小的时候我房间里就有一幅 现在它在你的房间里 |
[15:16] | I hate the clown picture. | 我讨厌小丑画 |
[15:17] | Next you’ll be telling me you hate pineapple, and badminton, | 下一次你会告诉我你讨厌菠萝 讨厌羽毛球 |
[15:21] | And writing words on grains of rice. | 讨厌在米粒上写字 |
[15:23] | I do. | 我确实讨厌 |
[15:24] | Which one? | 哪一样 |
[15:26] | All of them. | 每一样 |
[15:29] | Why didn’t you ever tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我呢 |
[15:30] | Well, once I did write it on a grain of rice. | 有一次我确实在米粒上写字了 |
[15:33] | But I didn’t want to hurt your feelings, so I cooked it. | 但是我不想伤害你 所以我把它煮了 |
[15:38] | I thought we were so similar. | 我以为我们很相像 |
[15:40] | You know, it’s every mother’s dream that her daughter be just like her. | 你知道每个母亲都希望她们的女儿会像她 |
[15:45] | But look at you, you’re your own person now. | 但是看看你 你现在是你自己了 |
[15:49] | It’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[15:51] | I have an hour on Monday from 4:00 to 5:00 if you wanna come in. | 如果你想来咨询我的话 我星期一四点到五点有空 |
[15:58] | I’m sorry you hated all the gifts I’ve given you. | 我很抱歉你讨厌我给你的礼物 |
[16:01] | Don’t say that. I loved some of the gifts. | 别这么说 也有我喜欢的礼物 |
[16:05] | No, you didn’t. | 不 没有 |
[16:08] | It’s true, I didn’t. | 是的 确实没有 |
[16:11] | You were my little girl. | 你是我的女儿啊 |
[16:14] | Mom, stop crying. You’re making me cry. | 妈妈 别哭了 你让我想哭 |
[16:17] | You’re making me cry. | 你让我想哭 |
[16:19] | You’re both making me cry! | 你们两个都让我想哭 |
[16:22] | Don’t you go down, big guy. | 别哭啊 大个子 |
[16:24] | You were the only thing keeping me strong! | 你是我坚强的唯一原因 |
[16:27] | Why would you get me a Christmas poncho? | 你为什么要送我圣诞斗篷呢 |
[16:30] | I got one too. We were gonna be twins. | 因为我也有一个 我们可以扮成双胞胎 |
[16:36] | I don’t think that’s healthy. | 我觉得那样不健康 |
[16:39] | She’s right. It’s not healthy. | 她说的对 确实不健康 |
[16:43] | Okay. This year’s gonna be different. | 好吧 今年不一样了 |
[16:46] | I’m gonna get presents for you, not for me. | 这次我会为你而不是为我自己送礼物 |
[16:50] | Thank you, mom. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[16:51] | I’m gonna go shopping right now. | 我现在就要去购物 |
[16:53] | I’ll get my list. | 我去拿我的清单 |
[16:54] | No, no. No lists. | 不 不要清单 |
[16:56] | I’m gonna prove that I know who you are. | 我要证明我知道你喜欢什么 |
[17:00] | She has no idea who I am! | 她不知道我喜欢什么 |
[17:04] | Nobody likes “All that jazz-mas”! | 没有人喜欢圣诞爵士表演 |
[17:09] | I just sat on my tail! | 我刚刚坐在我的尾巴上 |
[17:16] | Our first Christmas together. | 我们在一起的第一个圣诞节 |
[17:18] | Blending our love and our traditions. | 有我们的爱和我们的传统 |
[17:20] | And we did a great job compromising on another tradition: | 我们在另一项传统上想出了一个很好的折中办法 |
[17:23] | How to do the tree. | 怎样装扮圣诞树 |
[17:24] | Ah, that was a tough one. | 真的很难 |
[17:26] | But it’s a big statement on how we make this family work. | 但这说明了我们真正成为了一个家 |
[17:32] | Hey, kids, time to open presents. | 孩子们 拆礼物时间到了 |
[17:34] | I am so nervous about what I got Avery. | 我好紧张 不知道艾芙莉会不会喜欢我给她买的礼物 |
[17:37] | Can’t we just do this later? | 我们不能等会儿再拆吗 |
[17:38] | I understand the nerves, | 我知道你紧张 |
[17:40] | Because after all the weight you and Avery have put on this, | 毕竟你和艾芙莉都很重视这次的礼物 |
[17:42] | I’d say the future of your relationship hangs in the balance. | 我只能说你们将来的关系如何还是个悬念 |
[17:47] | Thanks. I feel much better now. | 谢谢 我感觉好多了 |
[17:51] | Avery, here’s your gift from mom. | 艾芙莉 这是你妈妈给你的礼物 |
[17:53] | Um, actually, I’m thinking of running away to Mexico. | 事实上 我在考虑该不该逃到墨西哥去 |
[17:57] | Well, at least you got the poncho. | 至少你有斗篷 |
[18:01] | Merry Christmas. Let’s open some presents. | 圣诞快乐 我们来拆礼物吧 |
[18:05] | Um, shouldn’t we have some breakfast first? | 我们不是应该先吃早饭吗 |
[18:07] | Maybe we can make some scones from scratch, | 也许我们该做些司康饼 或者先用 |
[18:09] | Or bread in an adobe oven we build ourselves from mud and straw. | 泥土和稻草做一个土坯烤箱 然后在烤箱里做面包 |
[18:14] | Yes, let’s go to a field and | 对 我们先去田里捡一些稻草 |
[18:16] | pick the straw and gather the mud. Come on! | 再找些泥土 来吧 |
[18:18] | Uh-uh-uh. Girls, girls. | 呃 女生们 |
[18:21] | If whatever is in that box destroys your relationship, | 如果盒子里有什么东西会破坏你们的关系的话 |
[18:25] | It wasn’t meant to be. | 要记住礼物本身不是有意的 |
[19:03] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[19:25] | A gift card! I love it! | 礼品卡 我好喜欢 |
[19:30] | Really?! | 真的 |
[19:31] | It’s exactly what I wanted! Total control over my gift! | 这就是我想要的 我想自己挑我的礼物 |
[19:36] | You know me! You know me so well! | 你了解我 你太了解我了 |
[19:39] | I do! I really do! | 是的 我真的了解你 |
[19:43] | – Here, open my gift. – Okay. | -这儿 看看我的礼物 -好的 |
[19:52] | I love it so much! | 我太喜欢了 |
[19:57] | We’re twins! | 我们是双胞胎 |
[20:00] | I know! Twins forever! | 我知道 永远的双胞胎 |
[20:02] | Yeah, still not healthy. | 还是不健康 |
[20:06] | Here, look. There’s a card. | 这里 看这张卡片 |
[20:11] | Oh! A grain of rice! | 一粒米 |
[20:15] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:18] | Oh, sweetheart, that’s lovely. | 亲爱的 太可爱了 |
[20:21] | Oh, look, there’s more. | 看 背面还有 |
[20:27] | Are we the only two normal ones in this family? | 我们是这个家里仅有的两名正常人吗 |
[20:31] | Yes. Yes, we are. | 是的 只有咱们俩 |
[20:38] | Hey, Stan, look. We got you a present. | 斯坦 看 我们给你的礼物 |
[20:44] | It’s a Christmas sweater! | 圣诞毛衣 |
[20:47] | It’s the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过的最丑的东西 |
[20:50] | But I kept it anyway. | 但是不管怎样我还是留着吧 |
[20:54] | ’cause it’ll always remind me | 因为它能提醒我 |
[20:55] | Of my first christmas with my new family. | 我和我的新家庭一起过的第一个圣诞节 |
[20:57] | And we started a new family tradition. | 我们开创了一个新的家庭传统 |
[21:01] | I guess the real meaning of christmas | 我想圣诞节的意义 |
[21:02] | Is that it’s not the gifts that matter. | 并不在于礼物是什么 |
[21:05] | It’s the love they represent. | 而在于礼物所代表的爱 |
[21:07] | And if you really love me, | 如果你真的爱我 |
[21:08] | Next year you’ll get me that t-rex bone. | 明年你就送我那根霸王龙的骨头 |
[21:11] | Here’s a picture of when I saw it at the bone store. | 这是我在骨头店里看到它的时候的照片 |
[21:16] | Merry Christmas, everyone. | 大家圣诞快乐 |
[21:25] | I got your note asking me to come over. | 我收到了你的便条 叫我过来 |
[21:28] | What note? | 什么便条 |
[21:29] | Bennett didn’t write that note, I did. | 班尼特并没有写那张便条 是我写的 |
[21:31] | I did a little research on Trummer and it turns out | 我对特拉默做了些调查 |
[21:34] | He was quite the song and dance man in his day. | 他在生活中是个非常能歌善舞的人 |
[21:37] | And five, six, seven, eight! | 五六七八 |
[21:42] | I just thought I’d do a little christmas good deed | 我只是想在圣诞节积点德 |
[21:44] | And invite Trummer to give us a lesson. | 所以我邀请特拉默来给我们上课 |
[21:48] | I realized he was just a lonely guy on Christmas, | 我发现他只是一个寂寞的人 |
[21:51] | Looking for a little human contact. | 希望在圣诞节能和人们接触而已 |
[21:53] | Fosse! | 福斯 |
[21:56] | What a bunch of losers. | 跳的太烂了 |
[21:58] | The heart they yanked out of me had more rhythm than you! | 我被换走的心脏跳得都比你们有节奏感 |
[22:01] | Still not a nice guy, but a little less lonely. | 算不上是个友好的人 但是不那么寂寞了 |
[22:05] | And… | 然后 |