时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The Elsewhere society strives to liberate mankind. | 别处社为了解放人类而不懈奋斗 |
[00:02] | We must smash these pernicious precepts. | 我们必须粉碎这些有害的规则 |
[00:05] | What is happening? What is happening? | 怎么回事 怎么回事 |
[00:06] | Someone tell me… | 谁来告诉我怎么回事 |
[00:07] | Peter, stop. | 彼得 别说了 |
[00:09] | We were wrong. | 我们错了 |
[00:10] | You’re the Architect? | 你就是架构师 |
[00:11] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[00:13] | Clara Torres was real, wasn’t she? | 克拉拉·托雷斯是真实的 对吗 |
[00:15] | Clara is dead, and it’s all my fault. | 克拉拉已经死了 而且都是我的错 |
[00:37] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[00:38] | Please, make yourself comfortable. | 不必拘束 随意就好 |
[00:40] | As you know, this entertainment is called | 你们也知道 这部剧叫做 |
[00:42] | “Dispatches from Somewhere,” A title that I assure you | 《日常秘密》 我保证 随着故事慢慢发展 |
[00:46] | will have more significance than we can — | 你们会觉得这个标题愈发贴切 |
[00:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:49] | Should I try it again? | 我该再试一次吗 |
[00:51] | Maybe this time with just a touch more, quiet longing? | 要不这次我等久一点再开始说话吧 |
[00:54] | I can’t imagine that would help. | 我想这样也没什么用 |
[00:56] | You blew it, Tom. | 你搞砸了 汤姆 |
[01:00] | We’ll be in touch. | 咱们再联系 |
[01:08] | Our cryptic conductor, | 我们的秘密指挥 |
[01:10] | cloaked in secrecy and pantsuits, | 隐匿在秘密和套装中 |
[01:13] | orchestrating her symphony from the wings of the stage, | 从舞台侧翼指挥着她的交响乐 |
[01:16] | unseen and unknown. | 无人得见 无人可知 |
[01:18] | Well, perhaps not entirely. | 或许也不完全如此 |
[01:21] | You may recall several brief but intriguing appearances | 你们可能还记得在故事早期 |
[01:25] | earlier in our tale, numbering by my count, | 她有过几次短暂而有趣的露面 依我数来 |
[01:28] | no less than three, but no more than five. | 不止三次 但不超过五次 |
[01:38] | You may have even guessed at their significance, | 你们可能猜出了这些镜头的重要性 |
[01:40] | correctly identifying this mysterious madame | 正确地辨认出 这位神秘的女士 |
[01:44] | as no mere background player. | 不仅仅是个背景路人 |
[01:47] | If this is the case, I applaud your deductive powers. | 如果是这样 我得为你们的推理能力鼓掌 |
[01:51] | If not, take heart. | 如果不是 用点心吧 |
[01:53] | Her presence heretofore has been carefully calibrated | 迄今为止 为了保持叙事的连贯性 |
[01:57] | to sustain narrative coherence | 她的出现都是经过精心校准的 |
[01:59] | without diminishing the potential | 但在最后揭晓身份的时候 |
[02:01] | for a satisfying, if not entirely shocking, reveal. | 却也会让人觉得意料之外 情理之中 |
[02:04] | Chucks? Chucks Dorp? | 查克斯 查克斯·多普 |
[02:08] | That can’t be right. | 不可能吧 |
[02:10] | So, who exactly is this abstruse architect, | 所以 谁才会是这位高深莫测的架构师 |
[02:14] | this enigmatic engineer? | 这位谜一般的工程师呢 |
[02:17] | Simply put, this is… | 简单来说 那就是 |
[02:19] | Lee! | 李 |
[02:21] | Think of her as you. | 把她想象成你们自己 |
[02:23] | The liaison from the mayor’s office called. | 市长办公室的联络员来过电话了 |
[02:24] | We’re good to go on Rittenhouse Square Park, | 我们可以去利顿豪斯广场公园了 |
[02:26] | but the whole Liberty Bell thing’s got them, “Eh!” | 但费城独立钟的事让他们有些不满 |
[02:28] | so we’ve got to go with an alt. | 所以我们得做好两手准备 |
[02:29] | Also, we’ve got an offer out to Mackenzie for the Clara role, | 我们还邀请了麦肯齐出演克拉拉一角 |
[02:31] | but her mom-ager wants three solos. | 但她那个经纪人妈妈想要三次独唱演出 |
[02:33] | Oh, and Linda and I agree that this is the best of the bunch. | 琳达和我都认为这是最好的一件戏服 |
[02:36] | Plus the printer needs approval on these Jejune materials ASAP. | 还有 印刷公司需要这些极郡材料的许可 越快越好 |
[02:40] | Okay, nix the bell. | 好吧 钟的事就算了 |
[02:41] | Two solos are our best and final. | 最多两场独唱 没得商量 |
[02:43] | And for God’s sake, find a different color scheme. | 帮帮忙 换个配色方案 |
[02:45] | I-It’s too political. | 这个政治感太浓了 |
[02:46] | We’re trying to instill a sense of wonder, | 我们是想灌输一种奇妙的感觉 |
[02:48] | not remind people they’re trapped in an overheating hellscape | 而不是提醒人们他们正被困在水深火热之中 |
[02:51] | on the verge of ideological collapse. | 在意识形态崩溃的边缘摇摇欲坠 |
[02:53] | Also, this ‘Squatch looks like something I hit with my car. | 还有 这件大脚怪戏服看起来像是被我开车撞过 |
[02:55] | Ge– We can do better. | 还有改进的空间 |
[02:57] | – Okay, what’s this? – It’s a flier… | -这是什么 -传单 |
[02:59] | for the dolphin communication system testing. | 海豚交流系统测试的传单 |
[03:01] | It is? | 是吗 |
[03:03] | Because that is a porpoise. | 那可是一只鼠海豚 |
[03:05] | And it’s a porpoise that’s not even wearing a transmissions helmet, | 还是一只连传输头盔都没戴的鼠海豚 |
[03:08] | which leads me to question | 那我就得问了 |
[03:09] | what system exactly is facilitating said communication. | 到底是什么系统促进了上述交流 |
[03:12] | And — And did I or did I not say I wanted pull tabs? | 我有没有说过我想要标签 |
[03:16] | I said I wanted pull tabs! | 给传单加上标签 |
[03:19] | While we’re on the subject, | 既然说到这个了 |
[03:20] | casting sent these over. | 选角的人把这些发来了 |
[03:22] | But I feel like I should warn you | 但我觉得应该警告你一下 |
[03:23] | at least half of them are porpoises. | 这里面至少有半数是鼠海豚 |
[03:31] | Lee is you if you ever had a regret so big you just couldn’t shake it, | 如果你们拥有无论如何都无法释怀的悔恨 |
[03:36] | no matter how hard you tried. | 那么李就是你们 |
[03:39] | Lee is you if you finally have the chance to make amends, | 如果你们终于有机会弥补错误 |
[03:42] | to put things right. | 那么李就是你们 |
[03:44] | Only now, all you are… | 只是现在 你们已无心其他 |
[03:47] | is afraid that you’re in over your head, | 害怕自己力不从心 |
[03:50] | that you can’t pull it off, | 害怕自己无力回天 |
[03:52] | but afraid, most of all, | 但最害怕的 |
[03:54] | that even if you do, | 是即便成功了 |
[03:56] | it won’t change anything. | 也于事无补 |
[04:22] | Welcome to the Jejune Institute, | 欢迎来到极郡学院 |
[04:24] | Philadelphia Induction Center. | 费城介绍中心 |
[04:29] | Please have a seat in the armchair which has been provided for you. | 请坐在我们为您准备的扶手椅上 |
[04:34] | Orientation will begin in five, four, three, two, one. | 介绍会即将开始 五 四 三 二 一 |
[04:43] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[04:49] | Nod if you agree. | 同意的话就点头 |
[04:51] | Uh, I-I really don’t know what I’m agreeing to, | 我真的不知道我要同意什么 |
[04:53] | but I like your suit. | 但我喜欢你的西装 |
[04:56] | Please. | 别来这一套 |
[04:57] | The only possible answers are nod yes, nod no, | 可能的选择是 点头表示赞同 点头表示反对 |
[05:01] | nod yes then no… | 点头表示赞同 然后反对… |
[05:04] | Is this a cult? | 这是邪教吗 |
[05:05] | …nod no then yes, don’t nod. | 点头表示反对 然后赞同 以及不点头 |
[05:07] | It sounds exciting. | 听起来让人兴奋 |
[05:10] | So, exciting is good… sort of. | 感到兴奋是好事 某种程度上 |
[05:13] | Five pre-recorded responses, and then press a button. | 五种预先录好的反应 只需要按下对应的按钮 |
[05:16] | That’s child’s play. | 这是小孩把戏 |
[05:18] | I mean, it’s kind of fun and all, | 尽管看起来很好玩 |
[05:19] | but if it turns out there’s weird sex stuff involved, | 但如果里面涉及到古怪性癖的话 |
[05:22] | I’m gonna be so disappointed. | 我会非常失望 |
[05:24] | No, my friend. Not you. | 不 朋友 不是你 |
[05:26] | You don’t belong here. Come with me. | 你不属于这里 跟我来 |
[05:28] | You belong with the special ones. | 你是独一无二的 |
[05:38] | And how has this week been? | 这周情况如何 |
[05:44] | You know, it’s perfectly normal to experience | 经历过人生大事后 |
[05:47] | an increase in anxiety after a major life event. | 感到愈发焦虑 这是正常现象 |
[05:50] | Even the ones we’re supposed to celebrate. | 哪怕是本该庆祝的大事也不例外 |
[05:54] | You’ve spent years building that division from the ground up. | 你花了多年时间 从零开始建立这个部门 |
[05:57] | I know. I just thought… | 我知道 我只是想… |
[06:00] | I don’t know, I just thought I would feel different. | 我也不知道 我只是以为我会有不一样的感受 |
[06:05] | I’ve done everything I was supposed to do. | 我已经做了我该做的一切 |
[06:07] | Now I’ve got everything I thought I wanted — | 现在我得到了我以为自己想要的一切… |
[06:10] | recognition, success, | 认可 成功 |
[06:13] | more money than I even know what to do with. | 钱多得我都不知道该怎么花 |
[06:16] | Only now I… | 只是现在 我… |
[06:22] | Do you ever worry that you’re not the hero of your own story? | 你是否担心过 你不是自己故事里的英雄 |
[06:27] | Is this about Clara? | 这跟克拉拉有关吗 |
[06:29] | No. | 不是 |
[06:33] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[06:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:35] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[06:39] | Sometimes I wonder. | 有时候我不禁会想 |
[06:43] | What if it turns out that I’m actually the villain? | 万一我才是反派 那该怎么办 |
[06:49] | And, scene. Oh, man. | 这场景 天啊 |
[06:51] | Did you see that? | 你看到了吗 |
[06:52] | That might just have been the most ambiguously sinister | 那可能是我职业生涯中 |
[06:55] | walk of my career. | 最险恶的一次遭遇了 |
[06:57] | I am hyped. | 我被大肆宣传 |
[06:59] | Hey, does anyone else see this hardcore at my 9:00. | 有谁看到我九点方向的这个刺头了吗 |
[07:02] | Copy that. You want us to put security on him? | 收到 需要我们派安保监视他吗 |
[07:05] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[07:06] | We’re behind schedule as it is. | 我们的进度已经落后了 |
[07:08] | What’s the worst he could do? | 最坏的情况 他又能怎么样呢 |
[07:10] | Okay, call me crazy, but I think it’s possible that guy just… | 我可能疯了 但我觉得那个人刚才… |
[07:14] | I know. He got in the trunk! | 我知道 他躲进后备箱了 |
[07:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:22] | We’re coming, Fredwynn! | 我们来了 弗雷德温 |
[07:25] | Out of the way! Out of the way! | 让开 让开 |
[07:29] | Listen up. | 听好了 |
[07:31] | There’s been a change in plans. | 计划有变 |
[07:32] | The audience plant is out. | 之前安排的观众退场 |
[07:35] | And Granny is in. | 奶奶上场 |
[07:38] | Who am I?! | 我是谁 |
[07:41] | Who am I?! | 我是谁 |
[07:42] | Can I even remember anymore? | 我还能回忆起来吗 |
[07:45] | Well, no more, my friends. No more. | 不再如此了 朋友们 不再如此了 |
[07:49] | Now, I need a volunteer for the demonstration. | 现在我需要一名志愿者来演示 |
[07:54] | – Crap. – Raise your hands. | -糟了 -请举手 |
[07:55] | Come on, Janice. Come on. | 快 珍妮丝 快举手 |
[07:58] | Let me see. Let me see. Let me see. | 让我看看 让我看看 |
[08:00] | – And… – Pick me! | -那么 -选我吧 |
[08:02] | Yes! That’s what I’m talking about. | 太好了 这样才对 |
[08:03] | We are back on game, people! | 我们又回到游戏中了 各位 |
[08:05] | We are back on… | 我们回到… |
[08:09] | Hello! | 你们好 |
[08:11] | Hi! Hi! Hi! | 你好 |
[08:23] | Miss Lee, come meet my new friends! | 李小姐 来见见我的新朋友们 |
[08:25] | Okay, whose kid is this? | 这是谁家的孩子 |
[08:26] | Sorry. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 真的对不起 |
[08:28] | The babysitter canceled last minute. | 保姆临时请假不来了 |
[08:30] | I told you not to bother Miss Lee. | 我跟你说过 不要打扰李小姐 |
[08:32] | But they’re waiting at the door. | 但他们还在门口等着 |
[08:33] | Who’s waiting at the door? | 谁在门口等着 |
[08:34] | The pretty lady and the old lady | 一个漂亮女人 一位老太太 |
[08:36] | and the tall man and the weird man. | 一个高个子的男人 还有一个怪男人 |
[08:41] | Alright, come on. | 好 快点 |
[08:43] | – Right here. – Oh, my God. | -就在这里 -天啊 |
[08:46] | Nice job! | 太棒了 |
[09:02] | Hey, I’ve got the Sword Superior! | 我找到了圣剑 |
[09:17] | The good news is that team finally found Clara’s house. | 好消息是 这个小组终于找到了克拉拉的家 |
[09:21] | The bad news is they also found your house. | 坏消息是 他们也找到了你家 |
[09:24] | I thought I told you to keep an eye on them. | 我不是和你说过吗 要时刻注意他们的行踪 |
[09:26] | I did. | 我注意了 |
[09:27] | That’s how I know about the whole house situation. | 所以我才会知道他们找到了你家 |
[09:30] | But don’t worry. | 但你别担心 |
[09:31] | I’m sure they won’t actually go there. | 我肯定他们不会真的过去 |
[09:35] | Sorry. I only said that because I’m nervous. | 对不起 我那么说只是因为我很紧张 |
[09:37] | They are definitely going there, like, as we speak. | 就在我们说话的这会 他们肯定已经出发了 |
[09:39] | What? | 你说什么 |
[09:44] | Shit! Shit! Shit! | 糟了 糟了 |
[09:48] | Shit! | 糟了 |
[09:49] | Why can’t you just let me give you a magical experience?! | 你们就不能好好享受我给你们创造的魔幻体验吗 |
[09:52] | God damn it! | 妈的 |
[10:04] | Bad news, everyone. They have Clara. | 各位 有个坏消息 克拉拉在他们手里 |
[10:06] | We need your help right now. | 现在我们需要你们的帮助 |
[10:08] | Bad news, everyone. They have Clara. | 各位 有个坏消息 克拉拉在他们手里 |
[10:10] | We need your help right now. | 现在我们需要你们的帮助 |
[10:19] | Get them to the finale, whatever it takes. | 让他们看到大结局 不计代价 |
[10:26] | Stop the music! Please, stop the music! | 音乐停 麻烦把音乐停了 |
[10:29] | That’s not Clara. | 那不是克拉拉 |
[10:30] | There is a real Clara. | 有一个真实的克拉拉 |
[10:32] | That’s not her. But there is a real Clara, | 那不是她 但是真的有一个克拉拉 |
[10:34] | and she is out there, and she is in trouble. | 她就在某个地方 身陷困境 |
[10:35] | Do you want us to throw them out? | 你希望我们把他们赶出去吗 |
[10:36] | No. They deserve to stay, maybe more than anyone. | 不 他们比任何人都应该留下 |
[10:40] | Now I’m awake. I’m awake, and I am pissed off. | 现在我清醒了 我清醒了 而且我很生气 |
[10:43] | I’m pissed off because I want to know the truth. | 我很生气 因为我想知道真相 |
[10:44] | There’s one last thing I think I have to do. | 我想我得做最后一件事 |
[10:45] | Calm yourself. It’s just a game, son. | 冷静一点 这就是个游戏 |
[10:49] | The truth is that Clara is dead, | 真相就是 克拉拉已经死了 |
[10:52] | and it’s all my fault. | 而且都是我的错 |
[11:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:05] | Lemme see that. | 让我看看 |
[11:09] | 数字项目经理 本德·埃尔莫尔公司 李·罗伯茨 | |
[11:10] | T. Emerson. | T·爱默生 |
[11:19] | So, last night was pretty crazy. | 昨晚真够疯狂的 |
[11:23] | The song and the dolphin. | 那首歌 还有那只海豚 |
[11:25] | Good crazy, right? | 好的那种疯狂 对吧 |
[11:27] | I mean, I’m not mad about it. | 我是说 我并没有因此生气 |
[11:31] | That means I liked it. | 意思是我喜欢 |
[11:33] | I know. | 我明白 |
[11:34] | I did, too. | 我也是 |
[11:45] | Any luck? | 找到了吗 |
[11:46] | No. | 不 |
[11:49] | No T. Emerson anywhere. | 哪都找不到T·爱默生 |
[11:52] | T. Emerson, where are you? | T·爱默生 你在哪 |
[11:55] | Damn it, it could be anyone. | 该死 可能是任何人 |
[11:59] | Peter, you take the flower girl. | 彼得 你去问拿花的女孩 |
[12:02] | Janice, the walking people. | 珍妮丝 那些散步的人 |
[12:04] | – Try them. – Okay. | -问问她们 -好的 |
[12:06] | Simone, see if those Goth kids over there | 西蒙妮 去看看那边那群哥特风小孩 |
[12:07] | have seen anyone that could be our contact. | 有没有见过可能是我们要找的人 |
[12:09] | Fredwynn, that’s a funeral. | 弗雷德温 那边在办葬礼呢 |
[12:11] | Guys. | 各位 |
[12:15] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[14:22] | Over here. | 在这里 |
[14:26] | Clara Torres. | 克拉拉·托雷斯 |
[14:27] | March 15, 1979, | 1979年3月15日出生 |
[14:30] | December 6, 1999. | 1999年12月6日去世 |
[14:42] | Clara here. | 我是克拉拉 |
[14:44] | Oh, man, I just got stage fright, | 天呐 我刚刚怯场了 |
[14:45] | and there’s no one else around. | 而且我身边一个人也没有 |
[14:47] | Oh, my God, it’s her. | 天啊 是她 |
[14:49] | The real Clara. | 真正的克拉拉 |
[14:50] | Okay, so, there’s something | 最近有一些想法 |
[14:53] | I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. | 总是在我脑海中盘旋 |
[14:55] | How I can’t tell which comes first — | 我分辨不出哪种感觉先出现 |
[14:59] | feeling unhappy or feeling alone. | 悲伤还是孤独 |
[15:05] | Maybe it doesn’t even matter because, really, | 或许这根本不重要 因为 事实上 |
[15:08] | they’re both just symptoms of the same disease — | 两者都是同一种疾病的症状 |
[15:11] | the illusion that we’re in this things all by ourselves, | 我们独自一人面对世事的幻觉 |
[15:17] | that our pain and our hopes and our fears — | 我们的痛苦 我们的希望 我们的恐惧 |
[15:20] | that they’re ours and ours alone. | 仅仅属于我们自己 |
[15:25] | And that gave me an idea. | 那使我灵光一现 |
[15:28] | See, I used to make art | 过去我创造艺术 |
[15:30] | because I wanted to show people the magic all around us. | 是因为我希望向人们展示周围的魔法 |
[15:34] | But I’m starting to think I was missing the point. | 但我如今觉得我遗漏了关键之处 |
[15:38] | I don’t just want to make beautiful things. | 我不仅仅只想创造美好的事物 |
[15:41] | I want to create something that floods people’s systems, | 我想创造出能在人们体内涌动的事物 |
[15:45] | that spins them around so many times | 能在他们身边萦绕不绝 |
[15:47] | that nothing makes sense and all — | 使得其余一切都无意义 |
[15:49] | all they can hold onto, | 他们所能攥紧的全部 |
[15:50] | all they can see is each other. | 他们所能看见的全部 是彼此 |
[15:55] | Because that’s where the real magic is. | 因为那才是真正的魔法 |
[15:58] | It’s in the connections. | 在人与人的羁绊之中 |
[16:00] | So, yeah, that’s my big idea. | 这就是我的灵感 |
[16:04] | Maybe it’s crazy or stupid. | 可能很疯狂 或者愚蠢 |
[16:08] | But then again, | 但也可能 |
[16:12] | maybe it’s not. | 并非如此 |
[16:16] | Maybe it’s up to me to find a way to bring people together. | 或许我身负将人们凝聚在一起的重任 |
[16:22] | I don’t know how I’m gonna do it, but I have to try. | 我不知道要怎么做 但我得试试看 |
[16:28] | After all, we only get just a little bit of time | 毕竟 我们在这旋转的星球上 |
[16:31] | on this spinning rock, right? | 只拥有一点点时间 不是吗 |
[16:36] | Is it really so crazy to want to change the world | 在我所剩无几的时间中 依然怀有改变世界的渴望 |
[16:38] | in whatever time I have left? | 真的很疯狂吗 |
[16:46] | According to this, um, | 根据这份文件 |
[16:49] | Clara sold her company to Lee, | 克拉拉将她的公司卖给了李 |
[16:51] | and sh– she died six months later. | 然后她在六个月后去世了 |
[16:56] | So, the whole thing, the game, the craziness, all of it… | 所以 这整件事 游戏 疯狂 所有的一切… |
[17:01] | It was all for her. | 都是为了她 |
[17:03] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[17:04] | For Clara. | 为了克拉拉 |
[17:08] | Alright, I got milk, coffee, hot tea with lemon, | 牛奶 咖啡 热柠檬茶 |
[17:12] | – and a cran-apple… – Yes, I — | -和蔓越莓苹果汁 -好的 我… |
[17:13] | …to support waste elimination, which you didn’t need | 来支持消除浪费 你不需要告诉我 |
[17:15] | to tell me, and yet here we are. | 我已经知道了 |
[17:17] | Now, let me see if I got this straight. | 现在 让我看看我有没有理解错 |
[17:19] | The Architect, AKA Lee, | 架构师 也就是李 |
[17:21] | is the real-life Lady in Black. | 是现实版的黑衣女人 |
[17:23] | And she felt so guilty about convincing Clara | 她很愧疚说服克拉拉 |
[17:26] | to sell out her ideas that she created this whole crazy game | 把灵感卖给她 所以才设下这一大盘局 |
[17:29] | as a way to, like, atone for her sins. | 只为了赎罪 |
[17:32] | Then you guys took it so seriously | 而你们几个太当真了 |
[17:34] | that you almost ruined everything. | 差点把一切都毁了 |
[17:36] | But she felt bad about that, too, | 但是她对你们也很愧疚 |
[17:38] | so she ended up making a whole new ending just for you. | 所以最后专门为你们设计了一个新的结局 |
[17:45] | That’s about the shape of it, yes. | 差不多就是这么回事 没错 |
[17:48] | Well, I can say this much. | 我只能说 |
[17:49] | It has been a real trip eavesdropping on you guys. | 偷听你们说话真的挺有意思 |
[17:53] | – I think I’m gonna miss you. – Huh? | -我会想你们的 -什么 |
[17:55] | No, you don’t have to miss us. We’ll keep coming back. | 你不用想我们 我们会再来的 |
[17:57] | I mean, we’re — we’re friends now, | 我们现在是朋友了 |
[17:58] | and this is kind of “our place,” right? | 这里就像我们的”秘密据点” 对吧 |
[18:02] | I’m sorry. I… | 抱歉 我 |
[18:06] | Oh, I-I’ve got to take this. | 我必须接这个电话 |
[18:08] | – Okay. – Excuse me. | -好 -失陪了 |
[18:13] | So, what are you guys feeling? | 你们想吃点什么 |
[18:14] | I’m thinking pancakes. | 我在想烙饼 |
[18:15] | Would you like to go out with me, like, on a date? | 你想跟我一起出门吗 像是约会 |
[18:19] | I don’t mean like a date. I mean an actual literal date. | 我不是说像约会 就是约会 |
[18:21] | To be clear, I’m talking to Simone. | 声明一下 我是在跟西蒙妮说话 |
[18:23] | Fredwynn, I think you’re great, but honest– | 弗雷德温 我觉得你很棒 不过说实话 |
[18:25] | I’d love to. | 我很愿意 |
[18:27] | – You would? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -对 |
[18:29] | That’s, uh, definitely what I was hoping you’d say. | 我真心希望你这么说 |
[18:32] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[18:33] | Janice, Simone and I are gonna go on a date. | 珍妮丝 西蒙妮和我要去约会了 |
[18:35] | She said yes. I asked her. | 我邀请了 她也答应了 |
[18:37] | Oh! Well, it’s about time. | 也是时候了 |
[18:39] | I’m happy for you guys. | 我很为你们高兴 |
[18:41] | Look, I’ve got to go. | 我得先走了 |
[18:43] | Duty calls. | 有要紧事 |
[18:44] | – Would — Would you — – Oh, of course. Yes. | -你们能不能 -当然可以 |
[18:46] | I want to hear all about this date when next I see you. | 我很期待下次见面的时候听你们说说约会 |
[18:49] | – Okay. – Bye. | -好的 -再见 |
[18:50] | Bye, Janice. | 再见 珍妮丝 |
[18:54] | I am also gonna leave this establishment | 我也要离开这家店 |
[18:57] | and return to my residence. | 回家去了 |
[18:59] | – Oh, really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -对 |
[19:00] | – Okay. – I haven’t had a sleep burst in 36 hours, | -好 -我36个小时没睡觉了 |
[19:03] | and that murder board isn’t gonna scrapbook itself. | 那块谋杀案信息板也不会自己收好 |
[19:05] | – Okay. Hey, man. – You got this? | -好了 -你们结账吧 |
[19:07] | – Yeah. – Uh, no. | -没问题 -算了 |
[19:08] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[19:10] | Yeah, um, I’m… | 我也 |
[19:13] | pretty exhausted, if I’m honest. | 说实话挺累的了 |
[19:14] | Besides, I think if I stayed and ate with you now, | 再说 要是我现在留下跟你一起吃饭 |
[19:18] | then legally, this would be our first date, so… | 严格来说[按照法律]这就成了我们的第一次约会 |
[19:21] | Okay. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[19:22] | Case law is already settled on that one, I think. | 我想判例法已经阐述得很明确了 |
[19:24] | – Yeah. – Mm-hmm. | -是啊 -没错 |
[19:25] | – Until tonight? – Until tonight. | -今晚见 -今晚见 |
[19:28] | I really look forward to it. | 我真的很期待 |
[19:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:03] | Simone. | 西蒙妮 |
[20:07] | Uh, I am so sorry that I am so late. | 抱歉我迟到了这么久 |
[20:09] | I was gonna make up an excuse about getting lost, | 我本来想编个借口说我迷路了 |
[20:11] | but honestly, I just couldn’t decide what to wear. | 但是说实话 我决定不了穿什么 |
[20:14] | You look beautiful. | 你看起来很美 |
[20:16] | I mean, really. | 我说真的 |
[20:19] | Here, sit down. This is your seat. | 请坐 这是你的座位 |
[20:21] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:22] | Yeah, of course. | 没事 |
[20:24] | Scooch ya. | 帮你移好 |
[20:28] | For…madame? | 给女士的酒 |
[20:32] | Uh…yeah, thank you. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 谢谢你 |
[20:33] | I ordered that. | 我点的 |
[20:35] | I heard that that’s a nice thing. | 我听说那酒不错 |
[20:36] | So…starter sips. | 开胃酒 |
[20:44] | To starter sips. | 敬开胃酒 |
[20:57] | So, tell me, slick, | 跟我说说 小滑头 |
[20:59] | you bring all the girls to this here feed barn? | 你把所有的姑娘都带来这个餐厅吗 |
[21:02] | No, I-I’ve never been here before. | 我以前从没来过这里 |
[21:04] | I Googled, um, “Most romantic restaurants,” | 我搜了 “最浪漫的餐厅” |
[21:08] | and this had the most stars. | 然后这家店的评分最高 |
[21:09] | And so, I-I just picked it | 我就选了这家店 |
[21:11] | because I really wanted this to be nice. | 因为我真的希望这次约会成功 |
[21:13] | Oh, shoot! | 该死 |
[21:15] | – Darn it. I did that. – No, no, no, no, no. | -该死的 是我碰倒的 -不 没关系 |
[21:16] | It’s okay. No, no, no. I’ll do it, though. | 没事的 别 我来就好 |
[21:17] | – You shouldn’t have to do any work. – Don’t worry about it. | -你不用做什么的 -没关系的 |
[21:21] | I think I’m probably very nervous. | 我可能真的很紧张 |
[21:23] | Hey, I-I am, too. | 我也很紧张 |
[21:25] | Contrary to what you might think, | 跟你想的正相反 |
[21:28] | I don’t spend a lot of time fine-dining | 我几乎从来没有 |
[21:31] | with extremely tall and handsome gentlemen. | 和很高又帅的男人共进高端晚餐 |
[21:35] | Extremely handsome, huh? | 很帅吗 |
[21:37] | Well, technically, I said “Extremely tall.” | 我其实说的是很高 |
[21:41] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[21:44] | Hey, for the record, I am really glad we’re doing this. | 我先说明 我真的很高兴来约会 |
[21:49] | I am, too. | 我也是 |
[21:51] | Yeah. Big time. | 是啊 重要时刻 |
[21:58] | I’m really bummed it’s over. | 游戏结束还让我挺难过的 |
[21:59] | You know what I mean? | 你懂我意思吗 |
[22:01] | Yeah. | 我懂 |
[22:02] | Like, everywhere I look, I think, “Is it back?” | 不管我看到哪里 我都在想”又开始了吗” |
[22:05] | There was a-a guy in my apartment today, for example. | 比如我住的那栋公寓有一个人 |
[22:08] | He had this mischievous look. | 他的表情很奇怪 |
[22:10] | And I was looking at him like I was sure | 我看着他 就好像我确信 |
[22:11] | something fun was gonna happen, and then, yeah. | 接下来肯定要发生什么好玩的事 |
[22:16] | And then just nothing happened. | 然而什么也没发生 |
[22:18] | I feel like there’s beauty withdrawal or something. | 我感觉就像某种美丽在我们的生活中消失了一样 |
[22:22] | That’s exactly what it is. | 确实如此 |
[22:26] | But you know, we have real life. | 但你要知道 我们有真实的生活 |
[22:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:31] | So I want to get to know you. | 所以我想了解你 |
[22:34] | Real-life Peter — What is he all about? | 真实的彼得 是什么样子的 |
[22:37] | Totally. | 没问题 |
[22:42] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[22:44] | Well, all I know about you | 目前我知道的只有 |
[22:45] | is that you used to work in music data | 你曾经从事于音乐数据领域 |
[22:47] | and that you live in the same building | 以及你跟一个表情奇怪的人 |
[22:48] | as a guy with a mischievous grin. | 住在一栋公寓里 |
[22:51] | So, let’s go with… | 那么就聊聊 |
[22:55] | anything. | 什么都可以 |
[23:02] | – Big or small. – Right. | -大事小事都行 -好 |
[23:04] | You know, just say the first thing that pops into your head. | 想到什么说什么就行 |
[23:06] | I mean, it’s — it’s just a lot of choices. | 只是一时不知道该说哪个 |
[23:08] | Yeah. | 好 |
[23:11] | – I mean, don’t think. Just, like, say the – I get — I get nosebleeds. | -别想太多 就说… -我会流鼻血 |
[23:13] | I get nosebleeds. | 我会流鼻血 |
[23:16] | Okay. Yeah, no. That’s interesting. | 很好 听起来很有趣 |
[23:18] | – It is. – Oh, good. | -真的 -那就好 |
[23:19] | – Yeah. – I don’t get them so much anymore. | -不错 -我现在不经常会了 |
[23:22] | I got them a lot when I was young. | 但小时候经常流鼻血 |
[23:23] | Gushers. | 简直是喷涌而出 |
[23:25] | When I was young, um, my mom took me to get an MRI | 我小时候 我妈带我去做核磁共振成像检查 |
[23:29] | to get to the bottom of what was happening, and it turns out | 想搞清楚其中的原因 结果发现 |
[23:31] | I have something called a brain-nub in the back, | 在我的后脑勺有一个肿块 |
[23:35] | but you can’t see it anymore but it’s there. | 你现在看不到了 但它就在那儿 |
[23:38] | It doesn’t do anything. | 没有别的影响 |
[23:41] | It just causes my nose to bleed. | 只是会导致我流鼻血 |
[23:42] | It doesn’t give me any extra processing power | 没能给我任何超常的思考能力 |
[23:44] | or anything like that. | 或者其他什么的 |
[23:46] | So… | 所以 |
[23:48] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[23:49] | And, so, what happened? | 那之后呢 |
[23:51] | One day, the nose– nosebleeds just s-stopped? | 突然有一天鼻血就止住了吗 |
[23:55] | I wish. They slowed down a lot. | 我希望如此 确实有所缓解 |
[23:57] | I assume that my — | 我猜是因为 |
[23:59] | like, the skull grew to accommodate the nub. | 我的颅骨生长到能容纳那个肿块了 |
[24:02] | – Probably. – So it took some pressure off of it. | -有可能 -所以它对大脑的压力就没那么大了 |
[24:06] | Yeah. | 对 |
[24:07] | I get them sometimes if I’m feeling really stressed or sad. | 如果压力大或者伤心的话 我还是会流鼻血 |
[24:11] | Simone, I just want to interject | 西蒙妮 我想插一句 |
[24:16] | I haven’t had to talk about myself | 我已经很久很久 |
[24:18] | in a really, really, really long time. | 没有谈论过自己了 |
[24:21] | And, uh, I’m finding that I don’t know what to say. | 我发现我不知道该说什么 |
[24:28] | Everyone around here is so charming, | 这里的每个人都很有魅力 |
[24:29] | and I wish that I was charming. | 我真希望我也那么有魅力 |
[24:31] | But I don’t — I don’t feel charming. | 但我不觉得自己有魅力 |
[24:36] | You want to get out of here? | 你想离开这里吗 |
[24:37] | So much. | 很想 |
[24:40] | Please. | 拜托 |
[24:49] | Alright, I did it. | 好的 我做到了 |
[24:50] | – Ready? – Yes. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[24:54] | I can’t believe neither of us have ever done this before. | 不敢相信我们之前都没这么做过 |
[24:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[24:58] | Okay. | 来吧 |
[25:03] | What do you think? | 味道怎么样 |
[25:06] | Pretty sure they both taste the same. | 肯定都是一个味道 |
[25:14] | That was fun. | 真有意思 |
[25:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[25:19] | But we didn’t really have to talk much | 但我们其实没必要说那么多话 |
[25:20] | – ’cause our mouths were full. – Yeah. | -毕竟嘴里还吃着东西 -对 |
[25:26] | So, let’s start with something easy. | 那就从简单的说起吧 |
[25:30] | What’s your favorite movie? | 你最喜欢哪部电影 |
[25:33] | That’s not easy. | 这可不简单 |
[25:34] | “What’s your favorite movie?” There’s so many. | “最喜欢哪部电影” 太多了 |
[25:37] | I don’t know. What’s yours? | 我不知道 你呢 |
[25:40] | “The Secret of NIMH.” | 《勇敢鼠妈妈》 |
[25:43] | The cartoon about the rats? | 是那部关于老鼠的动画吗 |
[25:46] | Well, when you say it like that, it’s sort of embarrassing. | 你这么说的话就有点尴尬了 |
[25:49] | No, it’s not. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. | 不会 这没什么好尴尬的 |
[25:51] | That — That’s awesome. I can’t top that. | 那是一部好电影 我都想不出更好的了 |
[25:54] | You don’t have to top it, Peter. | 你不需要想出更好的 彼得 |
[25:58] | Cake or pie? | 蛋糕还是派 |
[26:01] | I like both of those things. | 我都喜欢 |
[26:11] | Fight or flight? | 战斗还是逃跑 |
[26:15] | Freeze. | 僵着 |
[26:18] | I learned on “SVU” That there’s a third one — freeze. | 我在《法律与秩序》上看到还有第三个选择 僵着 |
[26:22] | W-What about you? | 你呢 |
[26:24] | First fight, then flight. | 先战斗 再逃跑 |
[26:27] | I didn’t see that coming. | 看不出来啊 |
[26:38] | Hi. | 你好 |
[26:43] | What’s — What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[26:45] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[26:48] | Before you say anything, can I say something? | 在你开口之前 我能说点事吗 |
[26:51] | – Please? – Sure. | -拜托 -当然可以 |
[26:53] | I know I’m not doing very good on this date. | 我知道这次约会我表现得不好 |
[26:56] | But I’m — I’m gonna try really hard. | 但是我 我会尽我最大努力 |
[26:58] | I’m — I’m getting better. | 我 我会表现得更好的 |
[27:01] | Are you, though? | 是吗 |
[27:04] | Not yet, but I’m…gonna. | 还不是 但我会尽力 |
[27:07] | Can I be honest with you? | 我能跟你说实话吗 |
[27:08] | Not yet. Don’t do this yet. | 现在不行 先别说 |
[27:10] | No, I… | 不是 我 |
[27:11] | Look, um… | 是这样 |
[27:17] | I think you’re an incredibly kind person. | 我觉得你是一个特别好的人 |
[27:22] | But I just worry that we’re not — | 但我担心我们不是 |
[27:24] | No, you know? Um… | 不对 等等 |
[27:28] | I’m gonna be honest. | 我还是实话实说吧 |
[27:30] | I don’t think you’re ready for this. | 我觉得你还没准备好 |
[27:33] | Like, I mean, have you ever thought about | 你想过吗 |
[27:36] | how complicated it would be if we were… | 如果我们真的在一起约会 |
[27:44] | you know, dating? | 情况会有多复杂吗 |
[27:47] | I’ve thought about being happy. | 我想过会很开心 |
[27:50] | A lot. | 特别开心 |
[27:52] | That’s a really sweet thing to say, | 你说的话真的很贴心 |
[27:54] | but I-I just think that you’re only | 但我觉得你现在只是 |
[27:59] | just now getting to know yourself, | 刚刚开始了解你自己 |
[28:02] | and that’s — like, that’s wonderful. | 这真的很不错 |
[28:05] | But, um, you’re — | 但是 |
[28:10] | you’re like 20 years behind. | 你早在二十年前就该这么做了 |
[28:13] | I don’t understand what’s happening right now. | 我不明白现在是怎么回事 |
[28:15] | Didn’t you notice those guys back there? | 你没注意到那几个站在后面的人吗 |
[28:19] | No. | 没有 |
[28:20] | Exactly. | 当然了 |
[28:21] | Well, they were looking at us, and they were — | 他们在看我们 他们在 |
[28:26] | They were probably looking at you because you’re pretty. | 他们看着你 或许是因为你很美 |
[28:27] | No, Peter. | 不是的 彼得 |
[28:33] | They were not looking at me because I am pretty. | 他们盯着我看 不是因为我很美 |
[28:36] | They were looking at us, and they were thinking, | 他们盯着我们看 是因为他们在想 |
[28:39] | “What is that guy doing with that trans woman?” | “那个男的和一个变性女在一起干什么” |
[28:47] | And they thought that if there was, | 他们想的是 如果这里 |
[28:50] | I don’t know, maybe less people around or something, | 我也不知道 如果这里人再少一点 |
[28:52] | that they would come and beat us up, or worse, | 他们就会冲过来揍我们 或者更糟 |
[28:54] | because that is my reality. | 因为这就是我的生活 |
[28:57] | I just — I’m — | 我只是 我 |
[28:59] | I’m only now getting strong enough | 只是在刚刚那一刻 我内心才变得足够强大 |
[29:01] | to share that with someone. | 才敢把这种事告诉别人 |
[29:03] | And I really thought it could be you. | 我真的觉得那个人可以是你 |
[29:08] | But I-I think that I need someone | 但我觉得我需要有个人 |
[29:12] | who can be there for me, | 在我身边支持我 |
[29:14] | and you don’t even know if you like cake or pie better. | 但是你根本不知道自己更喜欢蛋糕还是派 |
[29:18] | And that’s a simple question. And — And there’s — | 而且那只是个很简单的问题 |
[29:20] | – I think that we’re getting ahead of ourselves. – No, Peter, | -我觉得我们想得太远了 -不是的 彼得 |
[29:22] | I’m not getting ahead of myself. | 我没有想得太远 |
[29:24] | I’m not. I’m just… | 我不是 我只是 |
[29:29] | I’m just ahead of you, and that… | 我只是比你想得更远 |
[29:33] | breaks my heart, but that’s — that is the truth. | 而且这让我心碎 但这就是事实 |
[29:45] | Can I be honest with you about something? | 那我可以跟你坦白一些事吗 |
[29:48] | Yeah, yeah, ple– I… | 当然可以 |
[29:51] | I think you’ve been thinking about this | 我觉得早在我出现之前 |
[29:52] | for a really long time before I showed up, | 你就一直在思考这些问题了 |
[29:56] | and it has nothing to do with me. | 所以这跟我没有关系 |
[29:59] | I un– I understand, | 我理解 |
[30:01] | but I do think that there is another way | 但我觉得可以用另一种视角 |
[30:04] | to look at this whole situation | 来看待这个问题 |
[30:06] | and that maybe you and I could decide — | 或许我们可以一起决定 |
[30:08] | just listen to me, please. | 请先听我说 |
[30:10] | Just decide what we want this world to be like for us, | 可以一起决定这个世界在我们眼中的样子 |
[30:13] | and maybe it doesn’t have to be as scary as it is in your head. | 或许这不会像你脑海中想的那么恐怖 |
[30:17] | Our story can be our own, if we just, like, | 我们可以书写自己的故事 |
[30:21] | try to figure it out together. | 只要我们一起想办法 |
[30:23] | Well, I think that you are really lucky | 我觉得你很幸运 |
[30:27] | that you have the luxury of looking at the world that way. | 拥有那种看待世界的角度 |
[30:29] | I don’t want this — | 我不想因为这个 |
[30:30] | I don’t want this fight. | 我不想因为这个而争吵 |
[30:30] | Well, this is it. This is… | 但事实就是如此 |
[30:32] | What we’re doing. | 我们就在争吵 |
[30:33] | We’re not in the game anymore. | 我们已经不在游戏中了 |
[30:34] | What do you want to do? | 你想做什么 |
[30:35] | You want to go back to just being strangers? | 你希望我们重新做回陌生人吗 |
[30:37] | This is — This is the flight part that you told me about? | 这就是 这就是你之前说过的逃跑吗 |
[30:40] | Maybe you should call me when you get to the bottom | 或许等你想通了选蛋糕还是派的时候 |
[30:42] | of the cake-or-pie debate. | 再联系我 |
[30:49] | You don’t have to mock me. | 你不用嘲笑我的 |
[30:53] | You don’t have to mock me. | 你不用嘲笑我的 |
[30:56] | I know who you want to be. | 我知道你想成为什么人 |
[30:58] | I can see him. | 我能看到他 |
[31:00] | He’s wonderful. | 他很不错 |
[31:06] | You’re just not there yet, Peter. | 但你还没有成为他 彼得 |
[31:08] | It takes years. | 可能需要花费几年 |
[31:09] | It takes a lifetime. | 甚至是一辈子 |
[31:11] | And until you’re further on that path, I just — | 直到你真正开始转变之前 |
[31:14] | I don’t think we stand a chance, Peter. | 我觉得我们不太可能在一起 彼得 |
[31:15] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[31:21] | How many years? | 需要多少年 |
[31:23] | You’re being too literal again. | 你又开始纠结字面意思了 |
[31:25] | How many years? | 需要多少年 |
[31:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:29] | One? | 一年吗 |
[31:32] | Sure. | 当然 |
[31:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:38] | Take care of yourself, Petri Dish. | 照顾好自己 彼得大帅哥 |
[32:03] | I mean, we’re — we’re friends now, | 我们 我们现在是朋友了 |
[32:05] | and this is kind of “our place,” Right? | 这里就像我们的”秘密据点” 对吧 |
[32:08] | I’m sorry. I… | 抱歉 我 |
[32:12] | Oh, I-I’ve got to take this. | 我必须接这个电话 |
[32:15] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[32:20] | Hello? | 喂 |
[32:26] | on a date? I don’t mean like a date. | 去约会 我不是说像约会 |
[32:28] | – I mean an actual… – Okay. | -我是指真正的 -好吧 |
[32:31] | Um, where is he now? | 他现在在哪 |
[32:36] | I’m on my way. | 我这就来 |
[32:37] | Janice, Simone and I are gonna go on a date. | 珍妮丝 西蒙妮和我要去约会了 |
[32:40] | She said yes. I asked her. | 我邀请了 她也答应了 |
[32:41] | Oh, well, it’s about time. | 也是时候了 |
[32:43] | And I’m happy for you guys. | 我为你们感到开心 |
[32:45] | Look, I’ve — I’ve got to go. | 我得走了 |
[32:47] | Duty calls. | 有要紧事 |
[32:48] | – Would — Would you? – Oh, of course. Yes. | -你们能不能 -当然 没问题 |
[32:50] | Next time I see you, I want to hear about this date. | 我很期待下次见面的时候听你们说说约会 |
[32:54] | – See you later. – See you, Janice. | -回见 -再见 珍妮丝 |
[33:04] | You, with the clipboard, are you a “Nurse”? | 拿着笔记板的那位 你是”护士”吗 |
[33:07] | – Yes, I’m a nurse. – Lev Foster. | -是的 我是护士 -列弗·福斯特 |
[33:09] | He was admitted here earlier today for what I’m assuming, | 根据他之前的医疗记录 我想他在今天早些时候 |
[33:11] | based on his medical history, was another stroke. | 因为中风被收诊了 |
[33:14] | I’m sorry, what’s your relationship | 不好意思 请问你和患者 |
[33:15] | – to the patient again? – I’m his wife’s game partner. | -是什么关系 -我是他妻子的游戏同伴 |
[33:18] | – Excuse me, sir. – I’m sorry, Janice. | -不好意思 先生 -抱歉 珍妮丝 |
[33:21] | I know I’m not the best with boundaries, | 我知道自己不擅长分辨人与人之间的界限 |
[33:22] | but I could tell something was wrong at the diner, | 但我能感受到你在餐厅的时候有些不对劲 |
[33:24] | and I didn’t know what to do. | 而我不知道该怎么办 |
[33:26] | It’s okay. It’s okay. He — He’s with me. | 没事 没事 我们认识 |
[33:31] | Doctor, I so appreciate all your help over the last months. | 医生 我很感谢你过去几个月的帮助 |
[33:35] | I guess I-I just need a moment to think. | 我想我只是需要一点时间考虑 |
[33:37] | Of course, Janice. Take all the time you need. | 当然 珍妮丝 你慢慢考虑 |
[33:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:55] | What can I do? | 我能做些什么 |
[34:00] | Nothing. | 什么也做不了 |
[34:02] | Nothing anyone can do, except me. | 除了我以外 别人都无能为力 |
[34:07] | I have to let him go, Fredwynn. | 我只能让他离开 弗雷德温 |
[34:09] | Let him be at peace. I have to do that. | 让他安息 我只能这么做 |
[34:13] | Has there been a directive regarding POLST? | 有关于POLST的指令吗 |
[34:17] | If you don’t know, that means | 如果你不清楚 意思是 |
[34:18] | – Physician Order for Life Sustaining — – I know what that is. I… | -维持生命治疗医嘱 -我知道是什么意思 |
[34:23] | Fredwynn, um, I have to — | 弗雷德温 我得去 |
[34:27] | I have to make a phone call, | 我得去打个电话 |
[34:28] | – so I’m gonna step out in the hallway… – Fine. | -那我就先去走廊了 -好的 |
[34:30] | For a few minutes. I-I’ll be right back. | 就去几分钟 很快就回来 |
[34:34] | Thank you, Fredwynn, for coming to find me. | 弗雷德温 谢谢你来找我 |
[34:39] | Yes. | 没事 |
[34:40] | Yes. | 没事 |
[34:41] | Make your phone call. Take your time. | 去打电话吧 不急 |
[34:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:44] | Should I — Should I talk to him? | 我该和他说说话吗 |
[34:47] | They say it’s good for them, to — to talk. | 和他说说话对他有好处 |
[34:50] | Yes, that would be very nice. | 那真是太好了 |
[34:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:53] | Oh. One follow-up. | 还有一件事 |
[34:56] | How much does he know about subliminal advertising? | 他了解潜意识广告吗 |
[34:59] | Almost nothing. | 几乎一无所知 |
[35:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:12] | Does the name Edward Bernays mean anything to you? | 你对爱德华·伯内斯这个名字有印象吗 |
[35:15] | Ben, it’s Mom. | 本 我是妈妈 |
[35:17] | This is the second time I’ve called. | 这是我第二次打电话来了 |
[35:20] | Please call me back. It’s about Dad. | 请回我电话 是爸爸的事 |
[35:22] | I need to talk to you. | 我得和你谈谈 |
[35:27] | So, that’s it, then? | 就这样了吗 |
[35:29] | You’re just giving up. | 你放弃了 |
[35:33] | You heard what the doctor said. | 你听到医生的话了 |
[35:34] | He’s gone. | 他已经醒不来了 |
[35:36] | Lev is not coming back. | 列弗不会醒来了 |
[35:38] | Keeping him alive with these machines | 他也不会希望 |
[35:40] | is not what he would have wanted. | 用机器维持自己的生命 |
[35:44] | You won’t do it. | 你不会这么做的 |
[35:46] | You can’t do it. | 你不能这么做 |
[35:48] | Wife, mother — That’s all you are. | 妻子 母亲 这是你所有的身份了 |
[35:52] | Now your son’s a grown man and he doesn’t need you anymore | 你的儿子现在成年了 他不再需要你 |
[35:54] | and if you lose Lev, then what are you? | 如果你再失去了列弗 你还是谁 |
[35:57] | Nothing. | 什么都不是 |
[35:58] | Please don’t do this. I can’t lose him! | 求求你 不要这么做 我不能失去他 |
[36:00] | You’re not losing him. | 失去他的人不是你 |
[36:02] | I am. | 是我 |
[36:04] | You’ll live your whole life with him. | 你将会和他度过你的一生 |
[36:06] | And at the end, it will be up to you to let him go. | 到最后 是否让他离开将由你来决定 |
[36:10] | That’s part of the deal, too. | 这是你人生的一部分 |
[36:12] | That’s part of loving someone. | 这也是爱一个人的代价 |
[36:16] | Please, you can’t! | 求求你 你不能这么做 |
[36:17] | Yes, I can. | 是的 我能 |
[36:21] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[36:23] | We’ll be okay. | 我们会没事的 |
[36:27] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[36:30] | I have more life to live, | 我的人生还没有结束 |
[36:33] | and I have to learn to do it without him. | 我得习惯没有他的生活 |
[36:36] | But I can’t do it without you. | 但如果没有你 我办不到 |
[36:39] | Please don’t go. | 请你不要走 |
[36:42] | Don’t stop pestering me. | 要一直缠着我 |
[36:51] | Ben. | 本 |
[36:53] | Hello. | 你好 |
[36:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:59] | I’m so sorry, honey. I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 亲爱的 我很抱歉 |
[37:04] | To be clear, I’m not saying the Earth is hollow. | 事先声明 我不是说地球是空心的 |
[37:07] | That would be absurd. | 那就太荒唐了 |
[37:08] | But do I think there’s a reason | 但是 我是否怀疑 |
[37:10] | the government is working so hard to discredit | 政府如此败坏这一理论最有力支持者的名声 |
[37:13] | the theory’s most vocal proponents? | 其中一定有所原因 |
[37:14] | The answer is yes. Yes, I do. | 答案是没错 没错 我怀疑 |
[37:17] | I just need you to sign here. | 我需要你在这里签字 |
[37:28] | I’m sorry we never got a chance to meet, Lev. | 很遗憾我们没有机会认识 列弗 |
[37:32] | Janice is a special one. | 珍妮丝很特别 |
[37:36] | Person, I mean. | 我是说很特别的人 |
[38:10] | I don’t know what I should be doing or saying. | 我不知道我该做些什么或说些什么 |
[38:13] | Maybe I should leave. | 也许我应该离开 |
[38:16] | Or maybe I should stay. | 又也许我应该留下 |
[38:20] | Maybe I should just stop talking. | 也许我应该闭上嘴巴 |
[38:23] | I’d like you to stay, but I understand — | 我希望你留下 但是我也理解你… |
[38:25] | I’ll stay. | 我留下 |
[38:35] | I’m with you, sweetheart. I’m holding your hand. | 我和你一起呢 亲爱的 我握着你的手 |
[38:38] | Ben is here with you, too, in his heart. | 本心里也在这里陪着你 |
[38:41] | Your son wants you to know that he loves you, | 你的儿子希望你知道 他爱你 |
[38:44] | and he’s holding your other hand. | 他正握着你的另一只手 |
[38:48] | I hope you can feel us both. | 希望你能感受到我们 |
[39:14] | Hello. | 大家好 |
[39:16] | Um, thank you all for coming. | 谢谢大家的到来 |
[39:21] | Many of you I haven’t seen in such a long time. | 有很多人已经很久没见了 |
[39:25] | Lev would — I would… | 列弗会… 我会… |
[39:29] | Oh, I’m not good at this. | 我不擅长说这些 |
[39:31] | Lev was such a wonderful speaker. | 列弗是一个很会说话的人 |
[39:33] | I think you all know that. | 我想你们应该都知道 |
[39:36] | He was good at things I could just never do. | 他总是很擅长一些我做不到的事 |
[39:40] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[39:42] | Maybe I was good at things that he could never do. | 也许我也擅长他做不到的事 |
[39:47] | Maybe I don’t know what I could do | 也许我也不知道我能做什么 |
[39:51] | because he was so damn good at everything. | 因为他在各个方面都太棒了 |
[39:55] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[39:58] | I know one thing. | 我只知道一件事 |
[40:00] | I will love and miss him all the rest of my life. | 我会在余生都一直爱他 想念他 |
[40:05] | That I can do. | 这是我能做的 |
[40:10] | That I can do. | 这是我能做的 |
[40:21] | Hi. | 你好 |
[40:24] | Oh, here’s Janice. | 珍妮丝来了 |
[40:26] | Thank you so much for coming. | 非常感谢你们的到来 |
[40:28] | It means so much to me. | 这对我来说太重要了 |
[40:30] | Simone. | 西蒙妮 |
[40:33] | That was a really beautiful service. | 葬礼办得很好 |
[40:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:36] | I’m very sorry for your loss. | 节哀顺变 |
[40:37] | – Thank you. – Yes. | -谢谢 -嗯 |
[40:38] | It was very moving. | 很感人 |
[40:40] | Fredwynn. | 弗雷德温 |
[40:45] | I, too, enjoyed the event. | 我也觉得葬礼办得很好 |
[40:47] | Also, I brought everyone’s game file. | 我还带来了大家的游戏档案 |
[40:50] | For the record, I considered waiting | 顺便一提 我也考虑过 |
[40:52] | for an organic segue to present itself, | 等时机合适的时候再拿出来 |
[40:55] | but after running several mental simulations, | 但是我在脑中模拟了好几遍以后 |
[40:58] | I chose now, and abruptly. | 还是选择了现在 |
[41:02] | Anyway, I felt like you would want them. | 不管怎么说 我觉得你们会想看看的 |
[41:04] | I haven’t looked at them. | 我还没看过 |
[41:07] | Okay, I skimmed them a little bit, | 好吧 我瞄了一两眼 |
[41:08] | but I felt like you would want to have them, | 但我觉得你们会愿意收下 |
[41:10] | to keep them, to laminate them, burn them, whatever. | 留着也好 撕碎也好 烧掉也好 |
[41:14] | The point is they’re yours. | 关键是 档案是你们的了 |
[41:16] | That’s so thoughtful of you. | 你真体贴 |
[41:17] | – Listen, I-I’m gonna have to go, okay? – Yes, of course. | -听着 我得先走了 -当然了 |
[41:20] | Okay, I’ll talk to you later. | 我回头再找你们 |
[41:21] | – Bye, Janice. – Okay. Bye. | -再见 珍妮丝 -好 再见 |
[42:05] | Name — Janice Foster. | 姓名 珍妮丝·福斯特 |
[42:15] | Age 28. | 28岁 |
[42:29] | Marital status — single. | 婚姻情况 单身 |
[42:33] | Very single. | 绝对单身 |
[42:38] | General — mistakes numbness for safety. | 总结 将麻木错当成安全感 |
[42:43] | Efforts to protect himself with routine | 通过日复一日的常规 |
[42:45] | have trapped him in a prison of his own making. | 把他关在自己创造的牢笼中 进而保护自己 |
[42:51] | Terrified of her own vulnerability. | 害怕她自己的脆弱 |
[42:59] | Doesn’t seem to realize that strength and weakness | 没有意识到坚强和脆弱 |
[43:01] | are not mutually exclusive. | 并不是互斥的 |
[43:08] | Worries she’s given the best pieces of herself away | 担心她牺牲了自己最希望成为的样子 |
[43:12] | and fails to see what’s grown back in their place. | 却看不见自己得到的回报 |
[43:19] | Their talents and flaws align and conflict | 他们的天赋和缺陷依存并冲突着 |
[43:21] | so completely it is almost impossible to imagine | 甚至于几乎无法想象 |
[43:25] | this team not having a meaningful impact on each other. | 这个小组对彼此根本没有任何有意义的影响 |
[43:29] | Whether it be for the better or the worse remains to be seen. | 我们尚且不知道他们会变得很好 还是更糟糕 |
[43:38] | And one final note about this “Fredwynn.” | 关于这个”弗雷德温”的最后标注 |
[43:44] | At first, I thought he was blind to his own obsessions, | 一开始 我以为他盲目于自己的执念 |
[43:48] | the effect they have on the people he loves most. | 没有意识到那对于他最爱的人造成的影响 |
[43:51] | But he knows what it does to them. | 但他其实知道会对他们有什么影响 |
[43:53] | He knows what it does to him. | 他也知道会对自己有什么影响 |
[43:55] | He knows he should just let things go. | 他知道他应该放手 |
[43:59] | And yet… | 然而 |
[44:00] | And yet… | 然而 |
[44:03] | And yet… | 然而 |
[44:05] | He just can’t seem to help himself | 他好像就是控制不住自己 |
[44:08] | because he’s always so sure that there’s more, | 因为他总是坚信还有更多秘密 |
[44:11] | that he, and he alone, has figured out the truth. | 而只有他发现了真相 |
[44:22] | Of course, in this case, it turns out he’s right. | 当然 在这件事上 他没有错 |