时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Fredwynn? | 弗雷德温 |
[00:07] | Fredwynn? | 弗雷德温 |
[00:11] | Fredwynn? | 弗雷德温 |
[00:12] | Fredwynn, where are you?! | 弗雷德温 你在哪 |
[00:16] | Fredwy-y.. | 弗雷德温 |
[00:21] | – Go! – I’m pushing. | -冲啊 -我在使劲了 |
[00:28] | Why is Fredwynn in Octavio’s trunk again? | 为什么弗雷德温又到奥克塔维奥的后备箱去了 |
[00:30] | Out of the way! I don’t know. | 别挡路 我不知道 |
[00:32] | He’s obsessed all day long, playing the game. | 他整日沉迷于这个游戏 |
[00:34] | He never even smiled. | 甚至都没笑过 |
[00:35] | He just kept muttering about the truth. | 他一直不停地嘀咕着真相 |
[00:38] | I’ve done so much biking today. | 我今天骑车骑了好久 |
[00:39] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[00:41] | Janie, uh, you know, we can walk if you’re tired. | 珍妮丝 如果你累了我们可以走路 |
[00:43] | Peter, I’m fine. | 彼得 我没事 |
[00:44] | I’m old. I’m not dead. | 我是老了 但还没死 |
[00:46] | – Attagirl, Janice! – And you, too! | -好样的 珍妮丝 -你也是 |
[00:48] | I don’t — Don’t say anything. Just pedal. | 别说话 踩踏板就行 |
[00:50] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 女士 |
[00:52] | Ah, Janice. | 珍妮丝 |
[00:54] | So much spirit, so much life force, | 拥有如此强大的精神 如此旺盛的生命力 |
[00:56] | so much determination. | 如此坚定的决心 |
[00:58] | And yet I sense a hint of fear, | 但我透过那副眼镜 |
[01:00] | of desperation behind those glasses. | 感觉出了一丝恐惧和绝望 |
[01:04] | Perhaps some of you are thinking, | 或许你们有人在想 |
[01:05] | “You have misled me, Octavio. | “你误导了我 奥克塔维奥 |
[01:07] | In our previous two chapters, | 在前两集中 |
[01:09] | you tried in vain to convince me | 你徒劳地说服我 |
[01:11] | that Peter and Simone were my surrogates, | 彼得和西蒙妮是我的化身 |
[01:13] | and all the while, I struggled to make a personal connection.” | 一直以来 我都在努力建立这种代入感” |
[01:18] | Well, dear viewer, | 亲爱的观众们 |
[01:19] | our entertainment has something for everyone, | 无论是谁 在本剧中都能有所收获 |
[01:21] | I assure you. | 我保证 |
[01:24] | So, perhaps the time has come to consider that Janice is you. | 或许 你们是时候考虑把珍妮丝代入自己了 |
[01:29] | Tonight’s entertainment will be an adventure, | 今晚的剧集是一场冒险 |
[01:31] | a quest to rescue a partner held hostage. | 是营救被绑架同伴的一场探索 |
[01:35] | A quest to procure a clue from the clutches of the enemy. | 是从敌人的魔爪中获取线索的一次任务 |
[01:38] | And perhaps the beginning of a quest | 或许还是探索”我是谁” |
[01:39] | to answer the question, “Who am I?” | 这个问题的开端 |
[01:44] | But first, to frame our story and create emotional stakes, | 但首先 为了展开故事和制造悬念 |
[01:48] | you must know a bit about Janice. | 你们必须对珍妮丝有所了解 |
[01:50] | Her history, her current dilemma | 她的过去 她现在的困境 |
[01:53] | As you know, my goal, as always, | 正如你们所知 我的目标一向是 |
[01:55] | is to value and respect your time. | 珍惜和尊重你们的时间 |
[01:58] | And as such, I will now impart the necessary knowledge | 因此 我现在将以简洁又能引起情感共鸣的方式 |
[02:01] | in a concise but emotionally resonant way. | 把必要的信息传递给你们 |
[02:05] | You like cartoons, don’t you? | 你们喜欢动画片 对吧 |
[02:07] | Everyone likes cartoons. | 人人都喜欢动画片 |
[02:10] | Oh, stop waving. | 别挥手了 |
[02:10] | Put your hand on the bike. | 把你的手放好 |
[02:12] | Lev, you’re gonna fall. | 列弗 你快掉下去了 |
[02:13] | We got this. I’m right here. | 我们没问题的 我就在你后面 |
[02:15] | If we go down, we go down together. | 如果我们倒了 就一起倒 |
[02:17] | This is so stupid. | 这太蠢了 |
[02:18] | Well, it was your idea. | 这是你的主意 |
[02:19] | Well, it doesn’t make it any less stupid. | 就算如此 还是一样蠢 |
[02:21] | Oh, we should have practiced. | 我们应该提前练习一下的 |
[02:23] | Oh, God, I hope this isn’t a reflection of our compatibility | 但愿这不代表着我们之间的默契 |
[02:25] | because right now we have zero percent bike sync. | 因为我们现在连车都骑不到一块去 |
[02:30] | Let’s imagine, friends, | 想象一下 朋友们 |
[02:32] | that Janice, is you. | 你们就是珍妮丝 |
[02:35] | Janice is you, if years ago, | 珍妮丝就是你们 如果几年前 |
[02:38] | you found exactly what you were looking for, | 你们完美地找到了自己想要的 |
[02:41] | or as anyone with real time under their belt would admit, | 或者 正如老于世故的人们所承认的那样 |
[02:44] | nothing close to “Exactly,” but lovely, nonetheless. | 世上没有近乎”完美”的事 只有”令人愉快”的事 |
[02:53] | Janice is you, if, despite your fears, | 珍妮丝就是你们 如果你们心怀恐惧 |
[02:56] | you dedicated yourself to a journey | 却还是投身于一场 |
[02:58] | traveling side by side with another. | 和别人肩并肩的旅行 |
[03:04] | Janice is you, if your partnership was strong enough | 珍妮丝就是你们 如果你们和爱人的感情足够坚固 |
[03:07] | to endure anger and betrayal… | 能容忍愤怒和背叛 |
[03:09] | I don’t ever want to see you again! | 我再也不想见到你 |
[03:10] | Janice, I’m sorry. | 珍妮丝 我很抱歉 |
[03:12] | Loyalty and commitment | 忠诚和承诺 |
[03:14] | overcoming all that stood in its path. | 能克服感情中的一切困难 |
[03:17] | Janice is you when life brought the greatest of gifts, | 当生活赠予你最棒的礼物时 珍妮丝就是你们 |
[03:21] | and with it, a new partnership, | 随之而来的 是一种新的情感 |
[03:23] | one from which there was no looking back. | 这种情感一旦开始便无法回头 |
[03:25] | – I love you. – I love you, too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[03:29] | Janice is you when a role | 在你觉得自己的角色 |
[03:32] | you thought would last forever changed. | 会永远持续 却发生了转变时 珍妮丝就是你们 |
[03:35] | A natural progression of course, | 尽管是很自然的过程 |
[03:38] | but painful, nonetheless. | 却令人无比痛苦 |
[03:42] | Janice is you, if despite the ups and downs, | 珍妮丝就是你们 不论生活如何跌宕起伏 |
[03:45] | twists and turns of life, one thing remained constant. | 如何一波三折 有一件事是永恒不变的 |
[03:49] | For better and for worse, almost always for better, | 好也罢 坏也罢 大多数情况下是好的 |
[03:53] | you didn’t have to do life alone. | 就是你不必一个人面对生活 |
[03:58] | Janice is you, if, after years of building a life, | 珍妮丝就是你们 如果在你们苦心经营生活 |
[04:02] | an identity, a family… | 经营自己和家庭多年之后 |
[04:03] | Lev? Lev? Somebody help! | 列弗 列弗 来人帮帮忙啊 |
[04:06] | Somebody help me! | 谁来帮帮我 |
[04:08] | Through sickness and in health, | 经历过疾病与健康 |
[04:10] | from births to graduations, | 从出生到毕业 |
[04:12] | life swooped in with its harshest of reminders. | 生命中最无情的噩耗突然降临 |
[04:21] | Lev. | 列弗 |
[04:23] | Lev, I’m afraid. | 列弗 我害怕 |
[04:25] | We’re gonna fall. | 我们要摔倒了 |
[04:29] | Please, I don’t want to do this alone. | 拜托 我不想自己骑车 |
[04:39] | Nothing lasts forever. | 世无定事 |
[04:43] | So, my friends, I think now you know Janice. | 朋友们 我认为你们现在已经了解珍妮丝了 |
[04:46] | Squint your eyes, and Janice is you. | 眯上眼睛 珍妮丝就是你们 |
[04:49] | Janice is you, if suddenly, | 珍妮丝就是你们 如果突然之间 |
[04:51] | you realized that the identity you had spent a lifetime | 你意识到 你花一辈子建立的身份 |
[04:54] | to build was suddenly ripped away. | 突然被夺走了 |
[04:57] | A partner without a partner, | 一个失去了伴侣的人 |
[04:59] | forced to answer the hardest question of all — | 被迫去回答世上最困难的问题 |
[05:02] | “What am I supposed to do now?” | “我现在该怎么办” |
[05:26] | Don’t let them get away! | 别让他们跑了 |
[05:28] | Don’t let them get away! | 别让他们跑了 |
[05:29] | I mean, what if Fredwynn was actually onto something? | 万一弗雷德温真的查到了什么线索呢 |
[05:32] | More like on something. | 更像是他正待在后备箱里吧 |
[05:33] | What if the game really is evil? | 万一这个游戏背后真的有阴谋呢 |
[05:36] | I mean, he could be in danger! | 他可能会有危险 |
[05:38] | Okay, hurry. | 到了 快点 |
[05:38] | – Hurry. Hurry, hurry. – Janice, hey. You okay? | -快快 快点 -珍妮丝 你还好吗 |
[05:40] | – Yes. Hurry. – Uh, I’ll take care of this. | -我没事 快点 -这里交给我 |
[05:41] | Fredwynn! Fredwynn! Fredwynn! | 弗雷德温 弗雷德温 弗雷德温 |
[05:44] | I’m coming! Fredwynn! | 我来了 弗雷德温 |
[05:47] | Ohh, boy! | 天啊 |
[05:48] | – Janice!? – Ohh, boy! | -珍妮丝 -天啊 |
[05:49] | – Oh, boy!? – Janice! | -别关门 -珍妮丝 |
[05:52] | Ohh! Ow! Fredwynn! | 弗雷德温 |
[05:54] | Ouch. | 我的头 |
[05:55] | – Are you okay? – Oh, I’m fine. | -你还好吗 -我没事 |
[05:56] | – Are you alright? – I’m fine. I’m fine. I’m fine. | -你没事吧 -我没事 我很好 我真的没事 |
[05:58] | That was a very enthusiastic attempt. | 你刚刚的尝试很大胆 |
[06:00] | – Yes. – Yeah, you know, maybe we should just relax | -我知道 -也许我们应该放松 |
[06:02] | – because we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves or overdo it. – No. | -我们最好不要操之过急或者做得过火 -不行 |
[06:03] | Fredwynn could overheat in there! | 待在后备箱可能会让弗雷德温体温过热 |
[06:05] | Don’t — Don’t you watch the news? | 你不看新闻吗 |
[06:06] | He could overheat. Is that what you want? | 他可能会体温过热 你想让他那样吗 |
[06:08] | You want Fredwynn to overheat? | 你想让他体温过热吗 |
[06:09] | – No, you know what? – I don’t want him to overheat. | -不 你知道吗 -我不想让他体温过热 |
[06:10] | You know what? We’re gonna call him. | 这样吧 我们马上打电话给他 |
[06:11] | – I’ll call him. – Okay, oh, that’s such a good idea. | -我来打给他 -好 真是个好主意 |
[06:13] | – We can call him. – Oh, we should have called him a long time ago. | -打给他就好了 -我们早就该打电话给他 |
[06:14] | Here we go. Straight to voicemail. | 来吧 直接转到语音信箱了 |
[06:16] | Straight to voicemail?! | 直接转到语音信箱了 |
[06:19] | What are we gonna do? | 那我们怎么办 |
[06:20] | This is bad. Okay, let — let — let — well, hold on, hold on. | 情况不妙 我们 稍等 等下 |
[06:22] | Let — Let — Let’s — Let’s — | 我们 我们 |
[06:24] | Let’s do what Fredwynn would do. | 我们来做弗雷德温这时候会做的事吧 |
[06:28] | I don’t want to do that. | 我可不想那么做 |
[06:29] | Yes, you do. Yes, you do. Come on. | 你得那么做 必须做 快想 |
[06:30] | We’re gonna… | 我们要 |
[06:32] | infiltrate. | 渗透进去 |
[06:34] | Come on. Infiltrate. | 快 渗透进去 |
[06:36] | Come on! Come on! | 快来 跟上 |
[06:37] | We have to get into that garage! | 我们必须进入那个车库 |
[06:46] | It’s hard to know how to feel about this guy. | 真不知道该对这个人作何感想 |
[06:48] | That’s true of every good villain. | 每个优秀的反派都这样 |
[06:49] | Yeah, he made me cry. | 他把我说哭过 |
[06:51] | – He did? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[06:52] | He had me fooled, but then the Elsewhere Society — | 他愚弄了我 然后别处社 |
[06:54] | – Never mind. – Th– Th– This — | -算了 -这 |
[06:55] | This is what I think we should do. | 我觉得我们该这样 |
[06:57] | I think we should go in there and find somebody | 我觉得我们应该进去找个人 |
[06:58] | and tell them we need to get into the parking structure, | 告诉他们 我们要进入停车库 |
[07:01] | but we lost our — our clicker-dooly-wad thing. | 但我们找不到通行证之类的东西了 |
[07:03] | Sounds good. Do you want to take the lead on this? | 听着不错 你想要带头进去吗 |
[07:06] | Oh, no, no. I-I-I’ve done enough. | 不了 不了 我已经做得够多了 |
[07:07] | I-I-I think one of you two ought to do it. | 你们可以打头阵 |
[07:10] | You’re much better at this than I am. | 你们比我更擅长这种事 |
[07:12] | Okay, uh, I think that’s smart. | 好 我觉得很明智 |
[07:14] | We’ll take the lead. | 我们先进去 |
[07:27] | He looks horny and gullible. | 他看上去很好色 容易得手 |
[07:29] | Target acquired. | 锁定目标 |
[07:31] | It’s that easy, huh? | 有这么简单吗 |
[07:32] | You have no idea. | 你不知道有多简单 |
[07:38] | Can I help you? | 需要帮助吗 |
[07:41] | Hi. | 你好 |
[07:44] | I’m Janice. | 我是珍妮丝 |
[07:45] | Hi. | 你好 |
[07:46] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[07:48] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[07:49] | Are you here for the shareholders presentation? | 你是来参加股东代表讲座的吗 |
[07:51] | I am…not. | 我不是 |
[07:53] | I am not. | 我不是 |
[07:57] | Look, I need to get into the garage. | 我需要进入车库 |
[08:00] | Oh, I’m sorry, the garage is off limits unless you have a badge. | 抱歉 除非您持有徽章 否则不允许进入车库 |
[08:05] | I don’t have a badge… | 我没有徽章 |
[08:07] | – I see that. – on me. | -我知道 -没带在身上 |
[08:09] | I don’t have a badge on me. | 我没有随身携带徽章 |
[08:11] | It’s in my purse. | 放我包里了 |
[08:14] | My other purse. | 另一个包 |
[08:16] | And where is your other purse? | 您另外一个包在哪里 |
[08:17] | In the garage. | 在车库里 |
[08:19] | So, you see, we have a bit of a Catch-22 situation here. | 我们遇到了类似”第22号军规”的困境 |
[08:23] | I don’t know that expression. | 我不明白这种说法 |
[08:26] | Well, that’s when one thing can’t happen | 意思是 想要某件事发生 |
[08:28] | without another thing happening, and that thing can’t happen | 必须有另一件事作前提 如果那件事没有发生 |
[08:30] | without the first thing happening. | 第一件事情就不能发生 |
[08:31] | It’s from a book. | 这是一本书里面的 |
[08:33] | Read it. It’s wonderful. | 读一下吧 很好看 |
[08:34] | If you’re here for the presentation, | 如果您是来参加讲座的 |
[08:35] | I can offer you a jacket. | 我可以给您提供一件外套 |
[08:37] | Otherwise, I’m gonna have to ask you to leave. | 不然 我只能请您离开了 |
[08:39] | Okay, fine. I’ll leave. | 好 我会离开 |
[08:41] | Okay, fantastic. | 好的 那就好 |
[08:48] | Why aren’t you leaving? | 您为什么还不走 |
[08:51] | My car’s in the garage. | 我的车在车库 |
[08:52] | With my purse. | 还有我的包 |
[08:54] | Garage, yeah. | 车库 对 |
[08:58] | It’s this way. | 在这边 |
[08:59] | Good. Thank you. | 好 谢谢你 |
[09:00] | It — It’s this way. | 往这边走 |
[09:03] | Come on. | 快来 |
[09:05] | I found him! I found him! I fou– Fredwynn! | 我找到他了 找到了 弗雷德温 |
[09:08] | Fredwynn, I’m here! | 弗雷德温 我来了 |
[09:09] | I’m here, Fredwynn! | 我来了 弗雷德温 |
[09:11] | Fredwynn? Fredwynn? | 弗雷德温 弗雷德温 |
[09:12] | – I got this, ladies. – Talk to me. | -我来吧 女士们 -跟我说话 |
[09:16] | – Nope. – Okay. | -打不开 -好吧 |
[09:21] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[09:21] | He’s not dead. He’s not there. | 他没死 也不在里面 |
[09:23] | Holy moly, Janice. | 我的天 珍妮丝 |
[09:25] | You can’t just go straight to “Dead.” | 你不能直接假设他死了 |
[09:27] | Oh, I know. I’m sorry. | 我明白 对不起 |
[09:28] | I-I was afraid, but he’s not dead. | 我刚刚很害怕 但是他没死 |
[09:30] | – Thank God. – Well, not to be too technical, | -谢天谢地 -我不想太较真 |
[09:32] | but we don’t know if he’s dead or not. | 但我们还不知道他到底死没死 |
[09:34] | We just know he’s not dead in this trunk. | 我们只知道他没死在这个后备箱里 |
[09:36] | It’s been 20 minutes. | 这才二十分钟 |
[09:38] | No, I know he’s probably not dead, but he could be dead. | 我知道他很可能还没死 但他也可能死了 |
[09:40] | – He’s either dead or not dead… – Why? | -他要么死了要么活着 -为什么 |
[09:41] | one of those two things. | 两种情况之一 |
[09:44] | – Here he comes. – Uh-oh. | -他来了 -不好 |
[09:48] | What do you mean, “Uh-oh”? | 你说”不好”是什么意思 |
[09:49] | He’s — He sees us. | 他 他看到我们了 |
[09:52] | It’s my phone. | 是我的电话 |
[09:54] | – It’s Fredwynn! – Yes. | -是弗雷德温 -太好了 |
[09:55] | It’s Fr– Hello! | 是弗… 你好 |
[09:57] | – He’s fine. – Hello? | -他没事 -你好 |
[09:59] | Janice, don’t talk. Just listen. | 珍妮丝 别说话 听着就好 |
[10:00] | I’m safe now, but I was right. | 我现在很安全 但我想的没错 |
[10:02] | This goes deeper than we ever imagined. | 这件事比我们想象的要深入得多 |
[10:04] | Octavio, he has the answers. | 奥克塔维奥 他知道答案 |
[10:06] | There’s an envelope in his pocket. | 他的口袋里有个信封 |
[10:08] | You’ve got to get that envelope. | 你得拿到那个信封 |
[10:10] | What? Fredwynn? | 什么 弗雷德温 |
[10:11] | Fredwynn? Fredwynn? Hello? | 弗雷德温 弗雷德温 你好 |
[10:13] | Peter. Simone. Janice. | 彼得 西蒙妮 珍妮丝 |
[10:23] | Please see to my snack, good people. | 麻烦帮我弄点小吃 谢谢 |
[10:26] | You can leave me for a moment. I’ll be fine. | 你们先别跟着我 我没事的 |
[10:28] | Janice. | 珍妮丝 |
[10:30] | I suppose you must be conflicted to be standing | 我猜你们肯定因为站在邪恶的奥克塔维奥一边 |
[10:33] | with the evil Octavio. | 而感到矛盾 |
[10:36] | It’s hard to know what to believe. | 你们很难知道自己到底该相信什么 |
[10:42] | I, for one, am not a fan of the democratization of voice. | 举个例子 我就不太热衷民主发声 |
[10:46] | People shouting anything they like into the ether, | 人们大声地畅所欲言 |
[10:49] | all hiding behind the cloak of anonymity. | 全都躲在匿名的伪装背后 |
[10:53] | Right. You mean Commander 14. | 没错 你是指14号指挥官 |
[10:55] | – Indeed. – Yeah. | -没错 -是的 |
[10:56] | Commander of what, I ask? | 指挥什么 我想问问 |
[10:58] | The Elsewhere Society? | 别处社 |
[11:01] | A naive band of idealists who have no real experience of life. | 一群幼稚的理想主义者 毫无现实的生活经验 |
[11:06] | Incidentally, I’m curious to know what happened | 顺便问一句 我很好奇 |
[11:09] | to the previous 13 commanders? | 之前13个指挥官怎么样了 |
[11:13] | I’m sorry. That was clever. | 不好意思 这个问题很妙 |
[11:14] | It’s a new world, indeed. | 这确实是一个新世界 |
[11:17] | One whose rules seem to change from moment to moment. | 一个规则时时刻刻在改变的世界 |
[11:20] | For an old man like myself, there are moments | 对于像我这样的老人来说 有一些时刻 |
[11:23] | I feel overwhelmed | 我会感到不知所措 |
[11:27] | at the prospect of learning life anew. | 因为在未来需要重新学习如何生活 |
[11:31] | Wouldn’t you agree, Janice? | 你同意吗 珍妮丝 |
[11:32] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[11:35] | Okay, um, look, maybe you can clarify | 听着 你能解释清楚 |
[11:40] | exactly what is going on here. | 这到底是怎么一回事 |
[11:44] | Because honestly, this whole thing floats | 因为说实话 这一切 |
[11:46] | in and out of levels of bizarritude, | 都显得扑朔迷离 充满谜团 |
[11:47] | most of which I dig, but there’s an undercurrent of creepy | 大体上我能明白 但是这背后隐藏了一个诡异的阴谋 |
[11:51] | that I can’t quite put my finger on. | 让我也说不太清楚 |
[11:53] | I appreciate your candor. | 我欣赏你的直率 |
[11:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:56] | – What you’re really asking is — – Is this real? | -你真正想问的问题是 -这是真的吗 |
[12:03] | Is this real?! | 这是真的吗 |
[12:08] | That question has plagued man | 这个问题自从抽象思维产生伊始 |
[12:11] | since the birth of abstract thought. | 就困扰着人类 |
[12:15] | Here we are, you and I, Peter. | 如今在此 你和我 彼得 |
[12:19] | I would argue that this moment between us | 我会说我们之间的这一刻 |
[12:24] | is more real than anything else. | 比任何事情都真实 |
[12:26] | Would you agree? | 你同意吗 |
[12:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:28] | Your egg, sir. | 您的蛋 先生 |
[12:30] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:33] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[12:35] | Is that a hard-boiled egg with a packet of sugar? | 那是煮鸡蛋加白糖吗 |
[12:40] | – Two minutes, sir. – Ah, thank you. | -还有两分钟 先生 -谢谢你 |
[12:42] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[12:43] | I have to go and prepare. | 我得去准备了 |
[12:44] | We can speak more after the presentation. | 我们可以在展示会之后再多聊聊 |
[12:47] | Uh, uh, Mr. Coleman. | 科曼先生 |
[12:50] | It’s freezing in here! | 这里太冷了 |
[12:52] | Am I crazy, or is it freezing in here? | 是我疯了 还是这里太冷了 |
[12:54] | It is freezing in here, and I am frozen solid. | 这里太冷了 我快冻僵了 |
[12:57] | Oh, here, um, you can take my jacket, Janice. | 你可以穿我的外套 珍妮丝 |
[12:59] | Oh, no, no, no, Peter. Then you’d be cold. | 不用了 彼得 你会冷的 |
[13:01] | No, uh, oh, Mr. Coleman, uh, you look like | 不用了 科曼先生 你看起来 |
[13:04] | a good, old-fashioned gentleman. | 是一个善良的老派绅士 |
[13:06] | Could I borrow your jacket while you — you eat your snack? | 我能在你吃零食的时候借一下你的外套吗 |
[13:09] | My husband always gives me his, but he’s not here, | 我丈夫总会让我穿他的衣服 但他不在这里 |
[13:12] | and I am frozen solid. | 我快冻僵了 |
[13:15] | You’re right, Janice. It is cold. | 你说得对 珍妮丝 这里很冷 |
[13:17] | – Yes. – Uh, you see, | -没错 -你看 |
[13:18] | I requested backstage be kept at a crisp 64 degrees | 我要求后台保持在凉爽的18摄氏度 |
[13:22] | to counteract the heat of the stage lights. | 来抵消舞台灯光的热量 |
[13:25] | Your teammates can stay, but I think that you’d prefer | 你的同伴可以留在这里 但我觉得你会更习惯 |
[13:29] | the climate in the house seats, | 观众席的温度 |
[13:31] | and they provide jackets for all participants. | 而且他们给所有的观众提供外套 |
[13:34] | Oh, no. I’m fine now. | 不用了 我现在不冷了 |
[13:36] | I’m fine. | 没事了 |
[13:38] | I think you’d prefer a seat and a jacket. | 我觉得你会更想要一个座位和一件外套 |
[13:42] | I’m quite certain. | 我很确定 |
[13:44] | No, I-I really don’t want to be alone. | 不用了 我真的不想自己一个人 |
[13:46] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[13:47] | Sir, um, we’ll go out there with her. | 先生 我们会跟她一起去 |
[13:50] | Well, I don’t know. It’s kind of cool back here. | 我不确定 后台挺凉快的 |
[13:51] | – Simone. – You two, stay. | -西蒙妮 -你们俩留下 |
[13:53] | – Janice. – Yes? | -珍妮丝 -怎么了 |
[13:55] | I have total faith in you. | 我对你很有信心 |
[13:58] | Good people. | 好了 来吧 |
[14:00] | Oh, my goodness. | 我的天啊 |
[14:02] | Oh, oh, my goodness. | 我的天啊 |
[14:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:08] | Here? Okay, I can’t — | 这里吗 我不能 |
[14:10] | You’ll need this for the presentation, ma’am. | 听演讲需要穿外套 女士 |
[14:11] | Okay. Okay. I need to move in. | 好的 好的 我得进去 |
[14:14] | Thank you so much. Thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢 |
[14:16] | Hello, um, my seat’s in there. | 你好 我的座位在里面 |
[14:18] | I’m moving in. Excuse me. | 我要进去一下 借过 |
[14:20] | Excuse me. Pardon me. Pardon me. | 借过 抱歉 抱歉 |
[14:23] | I’m so sorry! That was your foot. | 对不起 踩到你的脚了 |
[14:25] | I’m so sorry. For goodness sakes. | 真对不起 我的天啊 |
[14:27] | Okay, hold on. | 好了 稍等 |
[14:28] | Just about there. | 马上就到了 |
[14:30] | Okay. Hi. How are you? | 好了 你好吗 |
[14:32] | Gee, isn’t this fun? | 天哪 真有意思 |
[14:35] | Okay. I’m just gonna sit down here. | 好了 我就坐在这里了 |
[14:39] | Didn’t get a program. That’s okay. | 也没人事先告诉我 没关系 |
[14:41] | Okay. | 好了 |
[14:43] | Why is there a fire extinguisher under my chair? | 为什么我的椅子底下有个灭火器 |
[14:45] | Oh, maybe there’s some pyrotechnics in store. | 可能准备了烟花 |
[14:48] | Is anyone else really high? | 还有其他人也很兴奋吗 |
[14:54] | Good afternoon, | 下午好 |
[14:55] | and welcome to all our Jejune shareholders, | 欢迎极郡学院 |
[14:58] | both new and old. | 所有的新老股东 |
[15:01] | Across the globe, | 遍布全球 |
[15:02] | our Jejune family is gathering at many such events, | 我们的极郡家庭举办了许多诸如此类的活动 |
[15:06] | but the origins of the Jejune Institute are right here. | 但极郡学院的根源就在这里 |
[15:10] | It all began in 1962, | 一切始于1962年 |
[15:13] | when a small group of academics came together | 一小群学者聚集在一起 |
[15:16] | around a common interest | 抱有一个共同的目标 |
[15:18] | in the advancement of socio-reengineering. | 推进社会再造 |
[15:22] | During the 1960s, the Society was a closely knit forum | 在60年代 协会是一个紧密的研讨组织 |
[15:27] | for experimental research techniques | 研究讨论可用于 |
[15:29] | utilized to expand interpersonal trust among fellow human subjects. | 人类之间信任关系的实验性研究方法 |
[15:35] | Under the leadership of luminary metaphysicist | 在杰出的形而上学者 |
[15:39] | Octavio Coleman, Esq., | 奥克塔维奥·科尔曼先生的领导下 |
[15:41] | the institute gained a wide influence and prestige | 学院获得了广泛的影响与名望 |
[15:44] | for which it is now renowned. | 现已闻名遐迩 |
[15:47] | Early on, Coleman recognized the great transformative power | 科尔曼很早就认识到极郡法所拥有的 |
[15:52] | of The Jejune Method. | 强大变革的力量 |
[15:54] | Through his unique intelligence and charisma, | 通过他非凡的才智与感召力 |
[15:57] | the Organization was transformed | 本学院已经转型为 |
[15:59] | into an international juggernaut, | 国际范围内的行业巨头 |
[16:02] | a field of human potential. | 人类潜能的研究所 |
[16:06] | While Coleman helped spearhead the still-nascent movement | 尽管科尔曼在70年代引领了 |
[16:10] | of personal growth and self-help in the 1970s, | 仍在萌芽期的个人成长与自助运动 |
[16:14] | what the Jejune Institute is most celebrated for today | 时至今日 极郡学院最为广受赞誉之处 |
[16:18] | are the many advanced technological products and services | 是已经投入国际市场的 |
[16:22] | that they have brought to the international marketplace, | 众多先进的技术产品与服务 |
[16:26] | all of which have been designed to actualize the latent, | 这些产品与服务均用于实现人类潜能 |
[16:30] | untapped abilities of the human species. | 挖掘人类仍未开发的能力 |
[16:37] | These developments include the Memory to Media Center, | 这些研究成果包括了记忆记录中心 |
[16:41] | where moving images can be rendered | 您现有记忆中的动态图像 |
[16:43] | and recorded from your active memory. | 都能被传输记录下来 |
[16:49] | The Time Camera. | 时光相机 |
[16:52] | Using a heavy quartz lens, | 通过重石英透镜 |
[16:54] | this radionic camera allows the photographer | 使摄像师可以拍出 |
[16:57] | to produce trans-time images of the near-distant past. | 不久之前过去的跨时照片 |
[17:03] | The Aqua Thought Foundation. | 水生思维基金会 |
[17:06] | Our research center dedicated to the exploration | 我们的研究中心致力于探索 |
[17:09] | of human-dolphin interaction. | 人类与海豚的互动 |
[17:15] | These miraculous products are all part of the global vision | 这些奇妙的产品都是奥克塔维奥·科曼 |
[17:19] | to which Octavio Coleman has dedicated his life. | 奉献一生建立的全球视野中的一部分 |
[17:23] | And now, to present this year’s technological marvel, | 现在要展示的是本年度的科技奇迹 |
[17:28] | our founder, Octavio Coleman, Esq. | 有请创始人 奥克塔维奥·科曼先生 |
[17:43] | Hello, my friends. And welcome. | 你们好 朋友们 欢迎大家 |
[17:46] | How are you all doing? | 你们好吗 |
[17:47] | – Great! – Great! | -很好 -很好 |
[17:49] | Welcome to the Shareholders Meeting. | 欢迎来到股东会议 |
[17:51] | Now, we had a big opening planned for you. | 我们本来准备了很大的开场仪式 |
[17:54] | You know, pyrotechnics and dancing camels. | 有烟花 还有跳舞的骆驼 |
[17:57] | Then I thought, “Instead, | 后来我就想 “算了 |
[17:59] | I’m gonna give you back 20 minutes of your life.” | 我还是还给你们20分钟的人生好了” |
[18:05] | Yeah, truly. | 我认真的 |
[18:06] | Um, can we do something about the lights? | 能稍微调整一下灯光吗 |
[18:08] | I want to be able to see your faces. | 我想看清你们的脸 |
[18:10] | Oh, great, Jenny. Thank you very much. | 很好 珍妮 谢谢你 |
[18:13] | Now, what is our greatest fear? | 我们最大的恐惧是什么 |
[18:17] | Truly. | 说真的 |
[18:19] | Deep down in our core. | 在我们的内心深处 |
[18:21] | I’ll tell you what it is for me. | 我告诉你们我最怕什么 |
[18:23] | To forget who I am. | 我怕忘记自己是谁 |
[18:28] | My darkest fear is to find myself gazing in a mirror | 我最黑暗的恐惧就是发现自己盯着镜子 |
[18:32] | and not recognizing the man looking back at me, | 却不认识那个同样盯着我的男人 |
[18:35] | to know that the person behind those eyes is no longer | 意识到那双眼之后的人 |
[18:38] | the “Me” that I once knew. | 已不再是我认识的”自己” |
[18:41] | Science has determined that we only remember an event once. | 科学证明了我们只能记住一件事一次 |
[18:47] | Did you know that? | 你们知道吗 |
[18:50] | Now, the next time we recall that event, we are, in fact, | 下次再回想那件事 我们其实 |
[18:53] | recalling the memory of that event. | 是在回想起那次事件的记忆 |
[18:57] | And the time after that, | 再过一段时间 |
[18:58] | we are remembering the memory of the memory, | 我们想起的是回想事件时的记忆 |
[19:03] | and on and on and on until — until the end of our lives, | 并以此循环往复 直到生命尽头 |
[19:08] | like some sick game of telephone, | 如同某种病态的传话游戏 |
[19:11] | so that the most important memories of our lives | 以至于生命中那些最重要的回忆 |
[19:15] | become mere shadows, | 仅仅变成了阴影 |
[19:17] | watered down and distorted by the warped lens of time, | 被时间这面弯曲的棱镜稀释和扭转 |
[19:23] | until we find ourselves standing, alone, wondering… | 直到我们发现自己孑然一身 思索着 |
[19:29] | “Where did I go?” | “我去过何处” |
[19:33] | “What have I become?” | “我成为了谁” |
[19:37] | “Who am I ?!” | “我是谁 |
[19:40] | “Who am I ?!” | “我是谁” |
[19:46] | “Who am I ?! Who am I ?!” | “我是谁 我究竟是谁” |
[19:53] | Can I even remember anymore? | 我还能回忆起来吗 |
[19:57] | Well… | 事实上 |
[20:00] | no more, my friends. | 不再如此了 朋友们 |
[20:01] | No more. | 不再如此了 |
[20:04] | Clara has an answer. | 克拉拉找到了解决办法 |
[20:07] | Thanks to the extraordinary mind of this amazing young woman, | 多亏了这位年轻杰出女性的出众才智 |
[20:11] | we will never forget who we are ever again. | 我们再也不会忘了自己是谁 |
[20:14] | Now, I need a volunteer for the demonstration. | 现在我需要一名志愿者来演示 |
[20:19] | Oh, great show of hands! | 好多人举起了手 |
[20:21] | Who am I gonna choose? | 我要选谁呢 |
[20:24] | Let me see, let me see, let me see. | 让我看看 让我看看 |
[20:26] | – And… ? – Pick me. | -那么 -选我吧 |
[20:29] | Janice, I was hoping it would be you! | 珍妮丝 我就盼着你举手呢 |
[20:31] | Ladies and gentlemen, a big round of applause! | 女士们先生们 热烈鼓掌 |
[20:48] | Go, Janice! | 加油 珍妮丝 |
[20:50] | 极郡学院 股东大会 | |
[20:54] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[20:55] | please welcome the intrepid Janice! | 掌声有请勇敢的珍妮丝 |
[21:01] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[21:04] | Do — Do you think she’ll be okay? | 你觉得她不会有事吧 |
[21:06] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[21:08] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[21:09] | This must be what, like, parents feel like all the time, | 父母肯定就是这种感觉 |
[21:11] | ’cause all I’m thinking is, “Don’t embarrass me. | 因为我一直在想 别给我丢脸 |
[21:13] | Don’t embarrass me, please.” | 别给我丢脸 拜托了 |
[21:15] | I’m gonna ask you straightaway, Janice. | 我就直截了当地问你了 珍妮丝 |
[21:18] | Tell me, what was it that made you pull the tab on that flier | 告诉我 是什么促使你扯下海报上的标签 |
[21:23] | which has led you to this moment now? | 让你此时此刻来到这里 |
[21:26] | What were you in search of? | 你在寻找什么 |
[21:29] | Well, I… I don’t know. | 我 我也不知道 |
[21:31] | I guess I’ve been trying to explore new things, | 我可能是在探索新事物 |
[21:34] | and I-I saw the flier about a Gravity-Free Dance Salon. | 然后我 我看到一张无重力舞蹈沙龙的海报 |
[21:39] | I d– I didn’t know what it was. | 我不 我不知道那是什么 |
[21:41] | So I thought I’d try it. | 于是我觉得可以试一试 |
[21:42] | I apologize for the subterfuge. | 我为海报上花哨的内容道歉 |
[21:43] | Perhaps today I may be able to lift your feet | 或许在今天 我最终可以 |
[21:46] | off the ground, after all. | 让你的双脚离开地面 |
[21:48] | Well, I hope you buy me a drink first. | 那我希望你先请我喝一杯酒 |
[21:55] | Janice, have you ever experienced virtual reality? | 珍妮丝 你经历过虚拟现实吗 |
[22:00] | Virtual — | 虚拟 |
[22:02] | Well, Lev and I — That’s my husband — | 列弗和我 列弗是我丈夫 |
[22:03] | we accidentally took Quaaludes once | 八十年代的时候 在他的庆功宴上 |
[22:06] | in the ’80s one of his work parties. | 我们误吞了安眠酮 |
[22:08] | That was interesting. | 那次经历很有意思 |
[22:11] | – Well, that was a happy accident. – Well… | -那确实是一次愉快的意外 -算是吧 |
[22:13] | But what I am about to show you, | 但我即将为你展示的是 |
[22:14] | and by proxy, our shareholders, | 由我们的代理人和股东赞助 |
[22:18] | is an iteration of an invention by Clara, | 就是在克拉拉消失不久前 |
[22:21] | shortly before she disappeared, which she called “The Idea” | 她发明的全新装置 她称之为”概念” |
[22:25] | and believed would change the world. | 她相信这个装置可以改变世界 |
[22:28] | And I’m very proud that the Jejune Institute | 我很骄傲极郡学院作为 |
[22:30] | is the chief funder of this precise prototype, | 这款精密初代装置的主要赞助商 |
[22:34] | which we hope to bring to the market | 我们希望可以在不久的将来 |
[22:37] | in the foreseeable future. | 能够投放市场 |
[22:38] | Now, instead of me telling you about it, | 现在 与其听我介绍 |
[22:41] | let actions speak louder than words. | 不如让事实胜于雄辩 |
[22:47] | Oh! Okay! | 好的 |
[22:50] | Alright, well, just wait a second. | 好 稍等一下 |
[22:55] | – Oh, dear. – Now, just stay calm. | -天哪 -放轻松就好 |
[22:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:58] | And if you feel bad… | 如果你有任何不适 |
[23:00] | just raise your hand. | 举手示意即可 |
[23:04] | Now, Janice, I can’t help noticing | 珍妮丝 我不禁注意到 |
[23:07] | that your online presence is filled with photos and events, | 你在网上发布了许多照片和内容 |
[23:11] | and none has more content than one particular day. | 好像都只跟特殊的某一天有关 |
[23:16] | Would you please share with the audience | 你愿意和观众们分享 |
[23:18] | what that day is, please? | 具体是哪一天吗 |
[23:20] | My online pr– You mean my — | 我在网上 你指的是我的 |
[23:22] | my Facebook page my son made for me? | 我儿子帮我创建的脸书主页 |
[23:24] | – Mm-hmm. – What — Are you — | -是的 -什么 你说的 |
[23:26] | Are you talking about my wedding day? | 你说的是我结婚那天吗 |
[23:29] | He even made me a-a DVD of our album | 我儿子甚至专门把照片刻录在光盘上 |
[23:32] | so I could watch the photos on TV. | 这样我就可以在电视上看到照片了 |
[23:36] | A day that you hope never to forget, | 你希望自己永远不会忘记的那一天 |
[23:38] | a day that changed your life forever. | 那一天改变了你的人生 |
[23:42] | Well, what if I told you that you could throw that DVD aside, | 假如我告诉你 你可以把光盘放一边了 |
[23:47] | and instead of watching it, you could live it? | 不再是简单的观看光盘 而是生活在那一天 |
[24:00] | – This is… – Remarkable. | -这太 -不可思议 |
[24:03] | So real. | 真实了 |
[24:12] | Explore. Be brave, Janice. | 去探索吧 勇敢点 珍妮丝 |
[24:17] | Oh, Rebecca, I’m telling you right now, | 丽贝卡 我跟你说 |
[24:19] | walk away from Martin. He’s a pig. | 别搭理马丁 他是个渣男 |
[24:23] | Your dress is gorgeous. | 你的裙子太美了 |
[24:30] | Wow, this is much weirder than the Quaaludes party was. | 这比那次安眠酮派对还要诡异 |
[24:38] | So many friends. | 好多朋友 |
[24:43] | We had so many friends. | 我们有那么多朋友 |
[24:50] | Oh, and they — they all brought gifts. | 而且他们 他们都送了礼物 |
[24:52] | I don’t even remember the gifts. | 我甚至不记得礼物是什么了 |
[24:55] | I hardly remember the people. | 也不记得在场的人们 |
[25:11] | My dad! | 我爸爸 |
[25:16] | Hey, Pop. | 嘿 老爸 |
[25:19] | You get to relive your past. | 可以让人重温过去 |
[25:21] | That’s, like, my worst frickin’ nightmare. | 这就像我最可怕的噩梦 |
[25:23] | Yeah. I mean, me, too, | 是啊 我过去也一团糟 |
[25:25] | but maybe for people with happy memories. | 可能有快乐回忆的人才会享受 |
[25:28] | What day would you choose? | 你会选哪一天 |
[25:31] | I think they need pictures, and I don’t have any. | 他们应该需要照片 我一张也没有 |
[25:36] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[25:38] | There’s my guy. | 我的男人 |
[25:43] | You were so damned handsome. | 你可真帅 |
[25:46] | You still are, my friend. You still are. | 你现在还是很帅 还是很帅 |
[25:54] | Octavio? | 奥克塔维奥 |
[25:56] | I’m here, Janice. I’m here. | 我在这 珍妮丝 |
[25:57] | Where am I? | 我在哪里 |
[25:58] | You — You’re here. | 你就在这里 |
[26:00] | No, I don’t mean me. | 我不是说现在的我 |
[26:01] | I-I mean — I mean, the wedding me. | 我是说结婚时的我 |
[26:04] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[26:05] | I know, but you will. | 我知道 但你会懂的 |
[26:08] | I’m gonna give you some privacy. | 让我给你一点私密空间 |
[26:10] | When I leave you, | 我走开之后 |
[26:12] | I want you to take three steps back | 希望你能往后退三步 |
[26:15] | and then look to your right. | 然后看向你的右边 |
[26:24] | The screen is off. | 屏幕已经关了 |
[26:26] | Your experiences are now your own. | 所有的体验都是你自己的了 |
[26:29] | Get to know yourself again, Janice. | 再认识自己一次 珍妮丝 |
[26:31] | We’ll be here when you’re finished. | 等你结束之后 我们再回来 |
[26:36] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[27:09] | – It’s me. – It’s me. | -是我 -是我 |
[27:25] | What would you say to your younger self | 如果你有这个机会 |
[27:27] | if you had the chance? | 你会对年轻的自己说什么 |
[27:30] | What would your younger self say to you? | 她又会对你说什么呢 |
[27:35] | Be brave, Janice. | 勇敢一点 珍妮丝 |
[27:37] | Let your mind be free. | 尽情想象吧 |
[27:40] | Hi. | 你好 |
[27:42] | Hi. | 你好 |
[27:45] | Oh, this is strange. | 这可真奇怪 |
[27:50] | Do you remember me? | 你还记得我吗 |
[27:52] | I-I don’t think about you, | 我不会常常想起 |
[27:57] | who I used to be. | 以前我是怎么样的 |
[28:04] | Today is a good day. | 今天是美好的一天 |
[28:08] | Today’s a very good day. | 非常美好的一天 |
[28:15] | Oh. No. Where’s the engagement ring? | 不对 订婚戒指去哪儿了 |
[28:17] | Oh, it–it kept snagging on everything, | 它老是钩住别的东西 |
[28:19] | so I-I put it in my underwear drawer. | 我就把它放在内衣柜里了 |
[28:21] | It — It’s in a box. | 收在一个盒子里 |
[28:23] | Don’t worry. It’s safe. | 别担心 很安全 |
[28:29] | Lev is a good man. | 列弗是个好男人 |
[28:34] | Lev is a wonderful man. | 非常好的男人 |
[28:39] | He’s my best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 |
[28:42] | Well, I’ve got good news. | 好消息 |
[28:44] | He stays that way. | 他一直会是你最好的朋友 |
[28:45] | Uh, don’t get me wrong. | 别搞错了 |
[28:47] | There are some years when he’s your worst enemy. | 有些年他也是你最讨厌的人 |
[28:52] | He breaks your heart once. | 他曾伤透了你的心 |
[28:55] | But he helps you put it back together again. | 但他最终重新修补了你破碎的心 |
[28:57] | And then you get to lord it over him whenever you want, | 之后你就能随时使唤他了 |
[29:00] | which is a great thing to have in your back pocket. | 这样也挺不错的 |
[29:06] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你一个问题吗 |
[29:10] | Are you happy? | 你幸福吗 |
[29:13] | Well, um, I guess what I mean is | 我是想问 |
[29:17] | when I’m older, | 等我老了 |
[29:22] | am I happy? | 我幸福吗 |
[29:25] | Yes. | 幸福 |
[29:28] | – You’re happy, yeah. – Oh, good. | -你很幸福 -真好 |
[29:30] | Um, and do I do any of the things I’m thinking about? | 我有在做我想做的那些事吗 |
[29:34] | Do I become an English teacher or a child psychologist? | 我成为了英语老师或是儿童心理学家吗 |
[29:42] | Do I even finish college? | 我从大学毕业了吗 |
[29:44] | Well, no. | 并没有 |
[29:48] | Nothing? | 都没有吗 |
[29:52] | What do I do? | 那我在做什么 |
[29:56] | Do I at least keep my promise? | 我有没有守住自己的承诺 |
[29:59] | What promise? | 什么承诺 |
[30:02] | You — You said that no matter how much love we had, | 你说过无论我们有多相爱 |
[30:07] | Lev and I, | 我和列弗 |
[30:09] | that you would never forget how much you liked to be alone, | 你都不会忘记你自己一个人有多开心 |
[30:13] | Right? To take long drives into the desert for no reason, | 对吗 随心所欲地驾车进入沙漠 |
[30:18] | to take ourselves on dates, | 出去约会 |
[30:22] | and to tell Lev everything important, | 告诉列弗所有重要的事 |
[30:25] | – but to keep a few secrets for ourselves. – Yes. | -也保留一些自己的秘密 -对 |
[30:30] | To flirt without fear. | 毫无畏惧地调情 |
[30:32] | Ah, well, uh, I did a few of those things for a while. | 好吧 我有段时间做过这些事 |
[30:37] | Then I started doing most of them with Lev, | 之后大多数事都是和列弗一起做了 |
[30:41] | and, oh, we had a wonderful time. | 我们度过了一段美好的时光 |
[30:46] | Oh, I become… | 我变得… |
[30:53] | Never mind. | 没事 |
[30:54] | – What? What? – No, it’s nothing. | -什么 怎么了 -没事 |
[30:56] | I’m — I’m sure you did the best you could. | 我知道你已经尽力了 |
[31:01] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[31:04] | Well… | 好吧 |
[31:06] | I guess… | 我猜 |
[31:09] | I cave. | 我屈服了 |
[31:12] | I become a coward. | 我变得怯懦了 |
[31:13] | What?! | 什么 |
[31:15] | No! | 不是的 |
[31:16] | No, you — you become a wife and — and a mother! | 你变成了一位妻子 一位母亲 |
[31:19] | You — You — You do everything you’re supposed to do! | 你做了一切你应该做的事 |
[31:22] | Like what? Like fulfilling promises to everyone but myself? | 我做了什么 就是牺牲自己满足他人的期望吗 |
[31:26] | What is that? | 这算什么 |
[31:27] | No, that’s not it. | 不是这样的 |
[31:28] | – That’s not it, no. – When was the last time you did something, | -不是的 -你上一次为了自己 |
[31:31] | anything, because you wanted to? | 去做自己真正想做的事 是什么时候 |
[31:33] | – I’m doing this now! – Before that. | -现在就是了 -在这之前 |
[31:35] | When was the last time you stepped out of your safe place? | 你上一次走出舒适区是什么时候 |
[31:40] | Marriage is not a safe place. | 婚姻并不是舒适区 |
[31:42] | It’s a constant adventure. | 它是一场旷日持久的冒险 |
[31:44] | Bullshit. | 胡说八道 |
[31:46] | Don’t you dare speak to me like that! | 你怎么能这样跟我说话 |
[31:49] | Don’t you dare speak to me like that! | 你怎么能这样跟我说话 |
[31:51] | You’re not my mother! | 你又不是我妈 |
[31:51] | No, I’m you, with some real life behind me, | 不 我就是你 我身后有着真实的生活 |
[31:54] | with scars from walking side by side | 有着这些年来和某人 |
[31:56] | with someone for all these years, | 并肩行走留下的伤痕 |
[31:58] | which is a hell of a lot harder | 这一切都比 |
[31:59] | than driving off into the desert for no reason. | 随心所欲驶入沙漠要艰难得多 |
[32:02] | Driving away is easy. | 离开很容易 |
[32:03] | Staying is hard. | 留下才困难 |
[32:04] | Staying when skin wrinkles and money gets tight, | 在满脸皱纹 手头拮据时留下 |
[32:07] | when children grow up and move away, | 在孩子们长大成人 离你远去时留下 |
[32:09] | when people get sick. | 在人们病入膏肓时留下 |
[32:11] | Don’t tell me I broke my promise. | 别指责我没有遵守诺言 |
[32:14] | I didn’t forget. | 我没有忘记 |
[32:16] | I changed. I grew up. | 我改变了 我成长了 |
[32:18] | And thank God — thank God I did! | 谢天谢地 谢天谢地我这么做了 |
[32:21] | Thank God! | 谢天谢地 |
[32:23] | You don’t even know how to play a DVD by yourself. | 你都不知道怎么播放光碟 |
[32:26] | What? | 什么 |
[32:28] | What are you talk– | 你说什么 |
[32:30] | How do you even know that? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[32:32] | You have to push the “Source” button. | 你得按下”信号源”键 |
[32:33] | I know what button to push! | 我知道要按哪个键 |
[32:35] | I can never find the “Source” button. | 我找不到”信号源”键 |
[32:37] | It’s the picture of the square with the tiny arrow! | 是那个有小箭头的方形图标 |
[32:40] | I don’t understand any of this. | 我搞不懂这些 |
[32:41] | I don’t understand. | 我搞不懂 |
[32:42] | Yeah, I know you don’t, and I’m embarrassed to be you! | 我知道你不懂 成为你让我很难堪 |
[32:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[32:53] | That wasn’t nice. | 这样说不好 |
[32:57] | If you would have just listened to me, | 如果你当初倾听了我的想法 |
[32:59] | we wouldn’t be in this mess. | 我们就不会这么一团糟了 |
[33:01] | I’m not in a mess! | 我不是一团糟 |
[33:02] | You put it all on someone else, your whole life, | 你把自己的一生都寄托给了别人 |
[33:05] | and now what? | 现在呢 |
[33:07] | I’m figuring it out. | 我在想办法解决 |
[33:09] | By running around with a bunch of hipsters | 解决方法就是和一群嬉皮士东奔西跑吗 |
[33:11] | who roll their eyes at you when you’re not looking? | 他们还趁你不注意的时候冲你翻白眼 |
[33:14] | No! No, they — they — they think I’m doing a good job! | 不 不 他们觉得我做得很好 |
[33:17] | They’re just trying to be nice. | 他们只是客气而已 |
[33:19] | They think you’re a fool. | 他们觉得你很蠢 |
[33:20] | – No! No! – And so do I. | -不 不是 -我也这么觉得 |
[33:22] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[33:24] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[33:35] | I really don’t like this. | 我真不喜欢这样 |
[33:36] | She’s fine. It’s — It’s a trick. | 她没事的 这只是个把戏 |
[33:39] | It’s like the clip movie in the clubhouse, remember? | 就像俱乐部里的动画 记得吗 |
[33:40] | Right, yeah. I remember. | 对 我记得 |
[33:42] | – Aah! No! No! No! – Sorry. | -不不不 -不好意思 |
[33:45] | That’s not true! | 那不是真的 |
[33:46] | I’m not listening to you! | 我不会听你的 |
[33:47] | You’re not real! You’re not real! | 你不是真的 你不是真的 |
[33:49] | I’m not listening to you! | 我不会听你的 |
[33:50] | Ladies and gentlemen, Janice. | 女士们先生们 这位是珍妮丝 |
[33:52] | A round of applause! | 为她鼓掌吧 |
[33:59] | Thank you! Thank you! | 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[34:02] | Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[34:06] | Do you see? | 你们看见了吗 |
[34:07] | Do you see what Clara is capable of? | 你们见识到克拉拉的本领了吗 |
[34:10] | It is only with the help of the Jejune Institute | 只有在极郡学院的协助 |
[34:13] | and our vast resources | 以及我们海量资源的辅佐下 |
[34:15] | that Clara’s full potential can be truly realized. | 克拉拉的全部潜能才会被激发出来 |
[34:19] | Therefore, my friends… | 因此 我的朋友们… |
[34:20] | Jejune, change your tune! | 极郡 改变你们的立场 |
[34:21] | Jejune, change your tune! | 极郡 改变你们的立场 |
[34:23] | Jejune, change your tune! | 极郡 改变你们的立场 |
[34:26] | Fear not. | 别怕 |
[34:28] | This is the Elsewhere Society. | 我们是别处社 |
[34:30] | I’m Commander 14! | 我是14号指挥官 |
[34:34] | Holy shit. | 见鬼 |
[34:37] | We are here to wake you from his spell. | 我们是来把你们从他的咒语中唤醒的 |
[34:42] | Everybody, remain calm. | 各位 保持冷静 |
[34:43] | Do not be blind | 别被你们面前的恶魔 |
[34:45] | to the evil that stands before you! | 蒙蔽了双眼 |
[34:50] | Clara must be free to spread her beauty | 克拉拉必须在不受极郡学院 |
[34:54] | without the corruption of the Jejune Institute’s nefarious intentions. | 邪恶堕落的影响下 自由散播她的美 |
[34:58] | Fear not, my friends. | 别怕 我的朋友们 |
[35:00] | I provided everything you need to protect yourselves. | 我为大家准备了保护自己所需的东西 |
[35:02] | Check underneath your seats. | 看看你们的座位下面吧 |
[35:07] | Long live Octavio! | 奥克塔维奥万岁 |
[35:08] | And long live the Jejune Institute! | 极郡学院万岁 |
[35:34] | I need some air! I need some air! | 我需要新鲜空气 |
[35:37] | Come on. Come on. | 走吧 走吧 |
[35:38] | Simone! | 西蒙妮 |
[35:42] | I just need to catch my breath. | 我得喘口气 |
[35:45] | – Just need to catch my breath. – Are you alright? | -喘口气 -你还好吧 |
[35:47] | What did — What did — What did they show you up there? | 他们刚刚给你看了什么 |
[35:49] | Nothing. I saw nothing. | 什么都没有 我什么都没看到 |
[35:52] | Can I help — Can I help you? Can I do anything? | 我能帮上忙吗 要我做点什么吗 |
[35:53] | Peter, I’m fine! | 彼得 我没事 |
[35:54] | – I’m fine. I don’t need your help. – Okay, alright. I’m sorry. | -我没事 我不需要帮助 -好吧 抱歉 |
[35:56] | I don’t need anyone’s help. | 我不需要任何人的帮助 |
[35:58] | – Sorry. – Shit! It’s locked! | -抱歉 -该死 锁住了 |
[36:00] | What about Fredwynn? | 弗雷德温呢 |
[36:02] | It’s all inside. He’s still in the game. | 都在里面 他还在这场游戏中 |
[36:05] | Did we — Did we just lose? | 我们刚才输了吗 |
[36:08] | Nope. | 没有 |
[36:10] | I told you, there’s no winning, there’s no losing. | 我跟你说过了 没有输赢 |
[36:14] | This whole game — It’s a distraction. | 这场游戏只是一个掩饰 |
[36:22] | – Fredwynn! Oh, I’m so glad to see you! – Fredwynn, what happened? | -弗雷德温 见到你真好 -弗雷德温 怎么了 |
[36:25] | – Where have you been? – Ohh. Are you okay? | -你去哪了 -你没事吧 |
[36:26] | It’s been right under us this whole time. | 一直就在我们眼皮底下 |
[36:28] | – What? – The Jejune Institute, the Elsewhere Society. | -什么 -极郡学院和别处社 |
[36:31] | They’re not rivals. They’re the same. | 他们并不敌对 而是一体的 |
[36:34] | They’re just trying to befuddle us with fun and games. | 他们想用这些游戏和娱乐迷惑我们 |
[36:37] | The game makes you feel like you have freedom, | 这场游戏让你觉得自己拥有自由 |
[36:38] | but you’re on rails. Even now. | 但你一直在他们的计划之中 就算现在 |
[36:40] | Even now, we are on rails. | 直到现在 我们还在他们的计划之中 |
[36:42] | What does that mean, “We’re on rails”? We’re in an alley, Fredwynn. | 什么叫”我们在铁路上” 我们在小巷里 弗雷德温 |
[36:44] | Open your eyes, Peter! | 睁开眼睛看看 彼得 |
[36:45] | All of you! | 你们都睁眼看看 |
[36:48] | Look, even this brick. | 看 这块砖头 |
[36:51] | It comes right up. | 一拿就掉 |
[36:52] | And under it, there’s a dog whistle. | 下面还有个狗哨 |
[36:53] | Look. He’s got the whistle. | 看 他找到了哨子 |
[36:55] | – Look. – Cool. Uh, what is he supposed to do with it? | -看 -厉害 他打算怎么做 |
[36:58] | It’s for the blue bus. | 用来叫蓝色公车 |
[36:59] | What blue bus? | 什么蓝色公车 |
[37:04] | And there’s a saffron bus, too, if you chose Jejune, | 如果你们选极郡 还会有一辆红色公车 |
[37:06] | but they both end up at the same place… | 但这两辆车的目的地 |
[37:09] | eventually. | 最终会交汇在一处 |
[37:10] | This is crazy. | 这太扯了 |
[37:12] | No, that’s nothing. | 不 这不算什么 |
[37:13] | Look up. | 抬头看 |
[37:14] | But try not to get a paper cut. | 小心别被纸划伤 |
[37:17] | Because a thousand fliers are falling from the sky | 无数的海报从天而降 |
[37:19] | announcing Jejune’s next event. | 宣告极郡下一次的活动 |
[37:22] | How are you doing this? | 你是怎么办到的 |
[37:24] | Because I got tonight’s script. | 因为我拿到了今晚的剧本 |
[37:29] | The key is here, and I know it. | 关键就在这里 我就知道 |
[37:31] | I suggest we adjourn to the diner immediately. | 我建议我们立刻回餐厅碰头 |
[37:34] | Fredwynn, I’m sorry. | 弗雷德温 抱歉 |
[37:35] | I-I’ve got to go home. | 我得回家了 |
[37:37] | I-It’s late. I-I just need to go. | 时间不早了 我得走了 |
[37:39] | – Yeah, she’s – – It’s been a long day. | -没错 她 -今天很漫长 |
[37:40] | – She’s right. We should call it quits. – You know what? How about | -她说的没错 今天应该到此为止了 -这样吧 |
[37:42] | – we meet at the diner tomorrow night at 7:00? – Yeah. | -明天七点餐厅见 怎么样 -好 |
[37:44] | – How does that sound? – Are y’all hearing me? | -听上去怎么样 -你们听我说话了吗 |
[37:46] | This is important! | 这很重要 |
[37:48] | Tomorrow is a whole day away! | 等明天就是浪费一整天的时间 |
[37:49] | Some of us have had a really rough night. | 我们之中有人今晚过得很不顺 |
[37:52] | Some of us? Like me? | 我们之中有人 比如我 |
[37:54] | Would you like to know | 你想知道 |
[37:55] | – what I’ve been going through? – Listen to me, Fredwynn. Fredwynn, | -我到底经历了什么吗 -听我说 弗雷德温 |
[37:58] | can we just not do this right now, please? | 今天就算了 好吗 |
[38:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:06] | Fine. | 行 |
[38:07] | This gives me time to process this, anyway. | 正好给我点时间整理信息 无论如何 |
[38:10] | I’ll come back with a coherent plan of attack. | 我明天会带来完整的行动计划 |
[38:12] | – If Janice needs rest, then Janice needs rest. – Oh, well, | -如果珍妮丝需要休息 就休息吧 -得了吧 |
[38:14] | thank you very much. | 真是谢谢你了 |
[38:15] | Yes, yes, the elderly do need their rest. | 没错 老年人确实需要休息 |
[38:19] | So I’ll see you all tomorrow. | 明天见了 |
[38:21] | Oh, and, by the way, I think you asked for this. | 还有 这个是你要的东西 |
[38:26] | From Octavio’s jacket. | 从奥克塔维奥的外套里拿的 |
[38:29] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[38:38] | Thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[38:41] | Now, if it’s okay with all of you, | 如果你们没意见 |
[38:45] | the little old woman is just gonna wobble her way home. | 小老太太就蹒跚着回家了 |
[38:49] | Janice. | 珍妮丝 |
[38:52] | Bye. | 再见 |
[38:57] | Lev? | 列弗 |
[38:58] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[39:00] | Oh, my goodness, what a day. | 天哪 好漫长的一天 |
[39:05] | First we rode on this big round bicycle contraption, | 我们先是骑了一个圆形的多人自行车 |
[39:09] | and then they — they — | 然后他们 他们 |
[39:10] | they hooked me up onto this virtual reality thing. | 给我戴上了一个虚拟现实装置 |
[39:14] | I’m not kidding you. | 我没和你开玩笑 |
[39:16] | You were there. | 你也在 |
[39:17] | Well, you weren’t there, | 好吧 你不在 |
[39:19] | but — but I saw you. | 但我看见你了 |
[39:25] | It’s so good to be home. | 回家真好 |
[39:27] | – Hi, Meredith. – Hi. | -你好 梅瑞狄斯 -你好 |
[39:30] | Thank you so much for staying late. | 谢谢你留到这么晚 |
[39:33] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样 |
[39:34] | Oh, he had a good day, Mrs. Foster. | 他今天过得不错 福斯特太太 |
[39:36] | I’m just glad you could get out of the house for a while. | 我很高兴你能出去走走 |
[39:38] | You need to do that more often. | 你得经常出出门 |
[39:40] | I didn’t know I’d be out of the house for so long. | 我没想到出去了那么久 |
[39:44] | This game, it’s crazy. | 这场游戏 太疯狂了 |
[39:47] | But you’re liking it. | 但你很喜欢 |
[39:50] | It’s an adventure, that’s for sure. | 是一场冒险 这是肯定的 |
[39:55] | Mr. Foster would be happy for you. | 福斯特先生肯定会替你高兴 |
[39:58] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[39:59] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[40:04] | Oh, my feet. | 我的脚 |
[40:06] | My feet. | 我的脚 |
[40:08] | I missed you. | 我很想你 |
[40:10] | I couldn’t wait to get home | 我等不及要回家 |
[40:12] | and tell you about everything that happened today. | 告诉你今天发生了什么 |
[40:15] | Oh, I wish you’d been with me. | 真希望你当时也和我在一起 |
[40:18] | What am I talking about? | 我在说什么 |
[40:20] | You would have hated every minute of it. | 你肯定连一秒钟都忍不了 |
[40:22] | The whole thing is completely bizarre. | 这一切都让人感到不可思议 |
[40:27] | And my teammates are all | 我的同伴们 |
[40:30] | very… | 都是 |
[40:32] | unique people. | 很特别的人 |
[40:35] | I mean, they’re nice to me, | 我的意思是 他们对我很好 |
[40:36] | but they treat me like I’m totally incompetent. | 但他们总觉得我什么也干不了 |
[40:39] | Like, what, I haven’t been alive on this planet | 怎么 这七十多年 |
[40:41] | for the last 70 years? | 我都白活了吗 |
[40:44] | They don’t understand about time. | 他们还不明白时光 |
[40:48] | But they will. | 但他们会的 |