英文名称:Disgrace
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:01] | I haven’t heard from my daughter. | 很久没收到女儿的来信了 |
[01:04] | Still living with a woman? | 她还和那女人一起住? |
[01:06] | Yes still a lesbian. | 嗯 仍是那女同性恋 |
[01:10] | Still on the farm. | 仍住在农场 |
[01:12] | She thinks it’s safe there. | 她觉得那儿安全 |
[01:16] | Nowhere’s safe. | 哪里都不安全 |
[01:17] | Too many people with nothing to do but cause trouble. | 有些人无所事事 只会到处找麻烦 |
[01:22] | How’s work? | 工作怎么样了 |
[01:24] | They look through me when I speak | 我说话的时候他们连看都没看我 |
[01:27] | Forget my name. | 还不记得我名字 |
[01:29] | There’s no respect anymore. | 太不尊重人了 |
[01:34] | Have you missed me? | 你想我了吗? |
[01:40] | I miss you all the time. | 我一直都很挂念你 |
[01:53] | I’m curious. | 我很好奇 |
[01:55] | How do you manage this life? | 这样的日子你这么过的下去 |
[01:58] | Is there a husband? | 你有老公吗 |
[02:03] | You better go now. | 你最好现在离开 |
[02:23] | I forgot to tell you my mother’s ill. | 忘了告诉你 我妈妈病了 |
[02:26] | I have to take care of her so I won’t be here next week. | 我得照顾她 所以下周我来不了 |
[02:32] | Will I see you the thursday after? | 你下下个周四还会过来吗? |
[02:34] | I’m not sure. | 不一定 |
[02:36] | Why don’t you ring the agency? | 你为什么不打给中介 |
[02:37] | Give me your number. I’ll ring you direct. | 把你的号码给我 我直接打给你 |
[02:40] | No. Ring the agency. | 不 还是打给中介吧 |
[02:50] | “That had usurped upon a living thought | 一个人的思想已经被僭取得 |
[02:56] | That never more could be.” | 一干二净 |
[03:00] | Why did Wordsworth use | 为什么沃兹沃斯用了 |
[03:02] | The unusual verb form | 不常用的动词 |
[03:03] | ‘Usurp upon’? | 僭取 |
[03:05] | Because ‘usurp upon’ | 因为僭取的 |
[03:08] | Means to intrude or encroach upon. | 意思是侵犯或掠夺 |
[03:10] | “The clouds cleared the peak was unveiled | 云开峰现 |
[03:13] | And we grieved to see it.” | 见者伤怀 |
[03:22] | Why ‘grieve’? | 为什么伤怀 |
[04:13] | My lunch is wet. Wait. | 我的午餐都弄湿了 等等 |
[04:33] | Are you alright? | 你没事吧 |
[04:35] | I’m fine. | 没事 |
[04:40] | Melanie isn’t it? | 你叫梅兰妮吗 |
[04:43] | My favourite season and time of day. | 这是我最喜欢的季节 最喜欢的时间 |
[04:51] | Do you live around here? | 你住在附近吗 |
[04:54] | Across the line. I share a flat. | 在那边 和别人一起住在公寓 |
[04:56] | I live nearby. | 我住在附近 |
[05:01] | May I invite you for a drink? | 请你喝一杯如何? |
[05:10] | But I have to be back by 7:30. | 但我七点半就得回去了 |
[05:36] | What is the reason for taking a course in romantic poetry? | 为什么选修浪漫主义诗歌这门课? |
[05:41] | It’s mainly for the atmosphere. | 主要是我喜欢那样的气氛 |
[05:43] | Are you enjoying the course? | 你喜欢这门课吗 |
[05:45] | I’m not that crazy about Wordsworth. | 我对沃兹沃斯并不着迷 |
[05:46] | Wordsworth has been one of my masters. | 沃兹沃斯曾经是我的蒙师之一 |
[05:49] | Maybe he’ll grow on me. | 也许以后我会对他产生兴趣 |
[05:50] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[05:52] | But in my experience poetry speaks to you | 但依我的经验 人们对诗歌 |
[05:55] | At first sight or not at all. | 要么一见钟情 要么今生无缘 |
[06:01] | Like falling in love. | 就像恋爱一样 |
[06:08] | What are your career plans? | 有什么职业规划吗? |
[06:11] | Stagecraft and design. I’m doing a diploma in theatre. | 编剧和设计 我在学戏剧 |
[06:14] | I see. Yeah. | 我知道了 |
[06:17] | You’ve got a lot of books on Byron. | 你有很多拜伦的书 |
[06:19] | Didn’t he die young? | 他是英年早逝吗? |
[06:20] | They all die young | 他们要么英年早逝 |
[06:22] | Or dry up or go mad. | 要么江郎才尽 甚至于 精神错乱 |
[06:26] | I must go. | 我得走了 |
[06:28] | Stay longer. | 再留一会吧 |
[06:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:31] | Because you ought to. | 因为你应该这样 |
[06:34] | – Why ought i? – why? | -为什么应该 -为什么 |
[06:38] | Because a woman’s beauty does not belong to her alone | 因为一位女性的美并不仅属于她个人 |
[06:41] | It’s part of the bounty she brings into the world. | 而是她带给世人的恩惠 |
[06:44] | She has a duty to share it. | 她有责任分享她的美丽 |
[06:48] | What if I already share it? | 如果我已经分享过了呢 |
[06:53] | Then you should share it more widely. | 那你就应该再多分享些 |
[06:57] | I must leave. | 我必须得走了 |
[07:08] | Shall I walk you home? | 我送你回家好吗 |
[07:09] | No. | 不用了 |
[07:10] | Very well. Goodbye. | 好吧 再见 |
[07:51] | Hello? | 你好 |
[07:53] | May I speak to Melanie please? | 请找梅兰妮 |
[07:55] | Just a minute. | 稍等 |
[08:05] | Is something the matter? | 有什么心事吗 |
[08:10] | Are you worried about the two of us? | 是在为我们的事担心吗 |
[08:15] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[08:18] | No need. | 不必担心 |
[08:21] | I won’t let it go too far. | 我不会让事情泄露出去 |
[09:35] | I’ll give you a ride home. | 我开车送你回家吧 |
[09:53] | I missed you yesterday in class. | 你昨天没来上课 |
[09:55] | Are you alright? | 你还好吗 |
[09:59] | Did you get my carnations? | 收到我的康乃馨了吗 |
[10:04] | Is there something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[10:07] | Please tell me. | 告诉我吧 |
[10:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:11] | Aren’t you going to invite me in? | 不邀请我进去吗 |
[10:13] | I think my flatmate is home. | 我室友在家 |
[10:15] | What about this evening? | 今晚有时间吗 |
[10:18] | I’ve got rehearsals. | 今晚我得排练 |
[10:19] | Then when do I see you again? | 那我们何时才能再见 |
[10:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:32] | Could you do my hair like Oprah’s? | 你能把我的发型剪成奥普拉那样吗 |
[10:34] | Ooh! We don’t want much now do we dearie? | 小宝贝 这样已经很好了 |
[10:37] | Well I’ll go and make some magic chemicals | 我去弄些神奇的药水 |
[10:41] | But meanwhile can I get you ladies some coffee? | 同时请两位女士喝杯咖啡如何 |
[10:44] | I’ll have mine white please. | 我要一杯加奶咖啡 |
[10:46] | I’ll have mine black please. | 我要一杯纯咖啡 |
[10:47] | Well that’s easy to remember! | 可真好记 |
[10:50] | I’ve come for the job you’ve advertised. | 我来应聘广告上的工作 |
[10:53] | So? What are you waiting for? | 那你还等什么呢 |
[10:56] | There’s the broom. Make yourself useful! | 那有把扫帚 给自己找点事做 |
[11:14] | No! No! Everything has to happen much quicker! | 不 不 节奏要快一点 |
[11:17] | A La Marx brothers! | 表现出喜剧效果 |
[11:19] | Ryan is this gadget going to work? | 瑞恩 这玩意儿有用吗 |
[11:21] | I want a loud bang and sparks. | 我需要一次带火花的巨响 |
[11:22] | Are the others going to work? There’s only one lamp blinking. | 其他设备能用吗 只有一盏灯在闪 |
[11:25] | Melanie don’t pre-empt. | 梅兰妮 不要抢先 |
[11:27] | I want to see shock in your body language. | 我要从你的肢体动作看出你触电了 |
[11:29] | You’re coming across like a limp fish. | 你像一只瘸脚的鱼一样走过来 |
[11:46] | Not now my cousin will be back! | 现在不行 我的堂兄快回来了 |
[13:00] | So you’re the professor huh? | 你是那个教授吧 |
[13:02] | Melanie’s told me about you. | 梅兰妮跟我提起过你 |
[13:03] | Indeed. what has she told you? | 她和你说什么了 |
[13:05] | – That you fuck her. – That’s enough. | -你跟她上床 -够了 |
[13:07] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[13:09] | Don’t tell me that’s enough! | 别跟我说够了 |
[13:10] | You can’t do what you want when it suits you! | 你不能为所欲为 |
[13:12] | It’s time for you to leave. | 你该走了 |
[13:16] | Goodbye professor chips. | 再见 混蛋教授 |
[13:20] | Just you wait and see. | 走着瞧 |
[13:48] | As we saw last week | 上周我们讲到 |
[13:49] | Notoriety and scandal affected not only Byron’s life | 诽谤和丑闻不仅影响到拜伦的生活 |
[13:53] | But also the way his poems were received by the public. | 更影响了大众对其作品的看法 |
[14:02] | “At times resign his own for others’ good | 有时做出舍己为人的行为 |
[14:07] | “But not in pity” | 并非出于怜悯 |
[14:08] | Not because he ought | 也并非应当如此 |
[14:13] | “But in some strange perversity of thought | 而是因为内心某些奇怪反常的想法 |
[14:15] | “That swayed him onward with a secret pride | 像一种无形的自豪感左右着他 |
[14:20] | “To do what a few or none would do beside | 去做少人或无人做的事情 |
[14:22] | This same impulse would in tempting time | 而在那时 同样的冲动 |
[14:26] | “Mislead his spirit equally to crime.” | 会误导他走向犯罪的道路 |
[14:37] | So | 所以 |
[14:40] | What kind of creature is this lucifer? | 堕落天使路西法是什么样的生物呢 |
[14:45] | He does what he feels like. | 他为所欲为 |
[14:47] | Doesn’t care if it’s good or bad he just does it. | 无论好坏 他都做 |
[14:51] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:53] | Good or bad he just does it. | 无论好坏 他都为所欲为 |
[14:55] | He doesn’t act on principles but on impulse | 他做事不管原则 而只凭冲动 |
[14:59] | And the source of his impulses is dark to him. | 而他又不知道冲动的来源是什么 |
[15:04] | Read a few lines further. | 继续往下读 |
[15:06] | “His madness was not | 他的疯狂不是来自于头脑 |
[15:09] | Of the head but heart “ | 而是来自于内心 |
[15:13] | A mad heart. | 一颗疯狂的心 |
[15:17] | What is a mad heart? | 什么是疯狂的心 |
[15:24] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[15:27] | Note that | 注意 |
[15:28] | We are not asked to condemn this being with a mad heart. | 我们不能用疯狂的心去谴责路西法 |
[15:32] | On the contrary we are invited to sympathise. | 恰恰相反 我们要心怀怜悯 |
[15:37] | For though he lives among us | 虽然他与我们生活在一起 |
[15:39] | He is not one of us. | 但并非我们之中的一员 |
[15:41] | He is what he calls himself | 正如他称呼自己那样 |
[15:43] | A ‘thing’ that is a monster. | 他是一个东西 是个怪物 |
[15:47] | Not possible to love | 不可能拥有爱 |
[15:50] | And condemned to solitude. | 注定孤独一人 |
[16:02] | Melanie may I have a word with you | 梅兰妮 我有话和你说 |
[16:04] | In my office please? | 来我办公室可以吗 |
[16:17] | Melanie | 梅兰妮 |
[16:20] | Would you mind waiting outside please? | 你能在外面等等吗 |
[16:38] | My dear | 亲爱的 |
[16:39] | I can’t have your friend disrupting my class. | 我不能让你朋友扰乱我课堂 |
[16:42] | And you have to make up the test you missed. | 而你也要参加补考 |
[16:45] | I can’t. I haven’t done the reading. | 我不行 我还没读完 |
[16:48] | Just take the test Melanie. | 只是参加考试 梅兰妮 |
[16:49] | Let’s set a date. | 我们约个时间 |
[16:56] | How about next monday? | 下周一怎么样 |
[16:57] | You’ve got the weekend to do the reading. | 你可以利用周末时间去读 |
[17:00] | 12 o’clock here in my office. | 12点在我的办公室考试 |
[18:06] | Where can I find professor Lurie? | 卢里教授在哪里 |
[18:08] | Here I am. | 我在这 |
[18:16] | Professor what you have done is not right. | 教授 你的行为是错误的 |
[18:19] | You should be ashamed of yourself! | 你应该为此感到羞耻 |
[18:22] | We never thought | 我们从没想过我们 |
[18:24] | We were sending our daughter into a nest of vipers! | 居然把女儿推向蛇窝 |
[18:26] | Won’t you come to my office? | 你能来我办公室说吗 |
[18:28] | So help me god if I have the wrong end of the stick | 天哪 如果我搞错了该多好 |
[18:33] | But I don’t think so. | 但我没有 |
[18:33] | I can see it from your face. | 我能从你脸上看出来 |
[18:35] | Excuse me I have business to attend to. | 抱歉 我还有工作要做 |
[18:37] | Professor Lurie! professor lurie! | 卢里教授 卢里教授 |
[18:39] | You can’t run away! | 你不能逃避 |
[18:41] | You haven’t heard the last of it yet! | 你还没听我说完 |
[18:50] | I was thinking of seeing Lucy after the inquiry. | 我想在审讯后见见露西 |
[18:54] | Of course I haven’t told her. | 当然我还没告诉她 |
[18:57] | Well let me tell you | 我告诉你吧 |
[18:59] | Everyone already knows about this | 大家都知道你 |
[19:01] | Latest affair of yours in the juiciest detail. | 最近情事的细枝末节了 |
[19:03] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:06] | The story is she took sleeping pills. | 传闻说她吃了安眠药 |
[19:10] | Come on David we shared a bed for 10 years. | 大卫 我们同床共枕10年了 |
[19:12] | Why should you have secrets? | 你为什么还要对我隐瞒呢 |
[19:15] | Was she in love with you? | 她爱上你了吗 |
[19:17] | No Rosalind | 不 罗莎琳 |
[19:18] | I’m afraid it wasn’t that dramatic. | 恐怕这事没那么戏剧化 |
[19:21] | What an inglorious end to a brilliant career. | 你辉煌的职业生涯就要这样狼狈首场了 |
[19:24] | What if you lose your pension? | 如果你拿不到养老金怎么办 |
[19:25] | They can’t cut me off without a penny. | 他们一分钱都不能少给我 |
[19:30] | You haven’t asked me whether I was in love with her. | 你还没问我是不是爱上她了 |
[19:33] | For god’s sake David you’re 52! | 天哪 大卫 你都52岁了 |
[19:40] | Will you be able to resume your post? | 你还能恢复职位吗? |
[19:42] | I’m not sure I want to. | 我不知道我想不想继续干下去 |
[19:47] | The whole thing is disgusting. | 这一切都令人恶心 |
[19:49] | Disgusting and vulgar. and I don’t mind saying so. | 恶心且下流 我不介意这样说 |
[20:15] | David | 大卫 |
[20:16] | Is there any member of the committee whose | 你认为哪个人被列入陪审团成员 |
[20:18] | Participation you feel might be prejudicial to you? | 会危害到你的利益 |
[20:25] | Not in a legal sense. | 法律上来说没有 |
[20:26] | Let me remind everyone | 提醒一下各位 |
[20:28] | This is not a trial but an inquiry. | 这只是调查 不是审判 |
[20:30] | Now the first complaint comes from | 第一个投诉来自 |
[20:32] | Miss Melanie Isaacs. | 梅兰妮·艾萨克小姐 |
[20:35] | You all have a copy of her statement? | 你们都有她的证词复印件吗 |
[20:38] | Will miss Isaacs be appearing in person? | 艾萨克小姐本人会来吗 |
[20:41] | Miss Isaacs appeared before the committee yesterday. | 艾萨克小姐昨天已经来过了 |
[20:44] | Now if we could push on. | 现在我们继续 |
[20:45] | The second and related charge comes from the registrar. | 第二份指控来自考试登记事件 |
[20:48] | “The record shows a mark of 70% “for | 记录显示她的期中考试拿了70分 |
[20:51] | A mid-term test which she did not sit.” | 可她并没有来参加考试 |
[20:57] | I’m sure | 我相信 |
[20:58] | This committee have better things to do | 评审团还有更重要的事做 |
[21:00] | Than rehash a story over which there’s no dispute. | 而不是在此重复无需争论的事 |
[21:03] | I plead guilty to both charges. | 我接受两项罪名的指控 |
[21:05] | Pass sentence and let us get on with our lives. | 宣判吧 然后各自继续生活 |
[21:08] | Professor Lurie | 卢里教授 |
[21:10] | We are here to listen to both sides. | 我们是来听取双方意见的 |
[21:12] | Perhaps it would be better if you were represented | 也许你该请位更了解我们流程的人 |
[21:15] | By someone who is more familiar with our procedure? | 来这里为你陈述吧 |
[21:19] | Why? I can represent myself perfectly well. | 为什么 我自己就能很好地陈述 |
[21:23] | Despite the plea I’ve entered | 我已经认罪了 |
[21:25] | Must we continue with this hearing? | 还有必要继续会议吗? |
[21:27] | We want to give you a chance to state your position. | 我们想给你机会陈述你的观点 |
[21:29] | I’ve stated my position. I’m guilty. | 我已经陈述完了 我有罪 |
[21:32] | – Guilty of what? – of all I’m charged with. | -有什么罪 -所有针对我的指控 |
[21:34] | You are taking us in circles. | 你在和我们绕圈子 |
[21:36] | Have you read miss Isaacs’ statement? | 你看过艾萨克小姐的证词吗 |
[21:38] | No but I’m sure it’s all true. | 不 但我知道她说的都是真的 |
[21:40] | Would it not be prudent | 你连看都不看陈述 |
[21:42] | To actually read her statement? | 是不是太不谨慎了 |
[21:43] | No. | 不 |
[21:45] | There are more important things in life than being prudent. | 生命中还有很多事比谨慎更重要 |
[21:48] | Have you consulted anyone? | 你咨询过别人吗 |
[21:49] | A priest for instance or a counsellor? | 咨询过牧师或顾问吗 |
[21:52] | Would you be prepared to undergo counselling? | 你接受过心理辅导吗 |
[21:54] | No. I’m beyond counselling. | 不 我不需要 |
[21:58] | I’ve made my plea. | 我已经认罪了 |
[22:03] | Is there any form of public statement | 你有没有任何形式的公开声明 |
[22:05] | You would be prepared to subscribe to? | 需要提交 |
[22:08] | What do you want the statement to contain? | 你想我声明什么呢 |
[22:10] | An admission that you were wrong. | 声明承认你有错 |
[22:12] | I’ve admitted that. I’m guilty. | 我已经承认了 我有罪 |
[22:14] | There’s a difference between | 认罪和承认你做错了 |
[22:16] | Pleading guilty and admitting you were wrong. | 是不同的 |
[22:17] | And that would satisfy you? | 那样你才能满意吗 |
[22:20] | An admission I was wrong? | 承认我错了? |
[22:22] | No. first professor Lurie | 不 首先 卢里教授 |
[22:23] | Must make his statement. | 卢里教授必须进行陈述 |
[22:26] | Then we can decide if we can accept it. | 然后我们才能决定是否接受 |
[22:28] | See if it comes from the heart. | 看你是否真心 |
[22:32] | From the words I use | 你们能从我的话里 |
[22:34] | You can see if it comes from the heart? | 分辨出我是否真心吗 |
[22:40] | Very well. | 很好 |
[22:46] | I took advantage of my position. | 我利用职务之便 |
[22:50] | It was wrong | 这是不对的 |
[22:53] | And I regret it. | 我后悔这么做了 |
[22:57] | The question is does it reflect your sincere feelings? | 问题是 这是否反映你真实的感受 |
[23:02] | That’s enough. | 我说完了 |
[23:05] | Let’s play it by the book. | 让我们按规矩来 |
[23:07] | I plead guilty. | 我承认我有罪 |
[23:09] | I’d become a servant of Eros. | 我成了爱情的仆人 |
[23:14] | That’s him! Here he comes! Professor Lurie! | 是他 他来了 卢里教授 |
[23:16] | Excuse me professor can we talk to you for a minute? | 抱歉 教授 我们能跟你说几句吗 |
[23:18] | – What about? – You know the hearing. | -关于什么? -关于听证会 |
[23:20] | I can’t comment on that. | 我不想做任何评论 |
[23:22] | – Are you sorry? – No. | -你觉得抱歉吗? -不 |
[23:23] | I was enriched by the experience. | 这次经历让我更加充实 |
[23:25] | He was what by the experience? | 这次经历使他怎么了? |
[23:27] | He was enriched. | 让他更充实了 |
[25:25] | I always forget how far away you live. | 我总是忘记你竟然住这么远 |
[25:29] | Well you’re here now. Nice and safe. | 你平安无事的来了 |
[25:42] | Where’s Helen? | 海伦在哪? |
[25:44] | Back in Johannesburg since April. | 四月就回约翰内斯堡了 |
[25:46] | You didn’t tell me you broke up. | 你没告诉我你分手了 |
[25:49] | Aren’t you nervous on your own? | 一个人不害怕吗? |
[25:50] | I’ve got the dogs. | 我还有狗陪我 |
[25:51] | And I’ve started a boarding kennel. | 我还开了个养狗场 |
[25:54] | Anyway if there’s a break-in | 总之 如果有人闯入 |
[25:55] | I don’t see how two people are better than one. | 我不认为多个人就能应付过来 |
[25:57] | Very philosophical. | 很有哲理 |
[26:00] | And I have a rifle. | 我还有把步枪 |
[26:01] | It’s never been used but it’s there. | 从来没用过 就搁在那儿 |
[26:03] | An armed philosopher. I like that. | 武装的哲学家 我喜欢 |
[26:07] | Did you bring work with you? | 你还把工作给带来了 |
[26:09] | I’m thinking of perhaps writing an opera. | 我正在考虑写一部歌剧 |
[26:12] | Byron’s time in Italy. | 拜伦的意大利时光 |
[26:30] | Petrus mmm? | 是柏图斯吗 |
[26:32] | This is my father. | 这是我父亲 |
[26:38] | Molo. Kunjani? | 你好 我叫莫洛 |
[26:40] | I have come for the spray. | 我来借喷壶用用 |
[26:43] | It’s in the kombi. Wait here I’ll go get it. | 在货车里 等我去给你拿来 |
[26:54] | I look after the dogs and work in the garden. | 我负责照看狗和花园 |
[26:57] | Yes the dog man. | 养狗专业户 |
[27:02] | I’m anxious about my daughter alone. So isolated. | 我很担心我女儿一个人住 这太偏僻了 |
[27:07] | Yes everything dangerous today. | 没错 如今什么都不安全 |
[27:10] | But here it is alright I think. | 不过我觉得这里还好 |
[27:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[27:22] | Petrus helps me out. | 柏图斯帮了我很多 |
[27:23] | He’s also co-proprietor. | 他也是半个业主 |
[27:25] | Since when? | 什么时候开始的 |
[27:26] | Does he live on the property? | 他住这里吗 |
[27:29] | I’ve put electricity in the old stable. | 我把旧马棚接通电了 |
[27:31] | He stays there. | 他住在那边 |
[27:34] | What would you like to do first? | 你想先做什么 |
[27:35] | Would you like a cup of tea or a show-off around the farm? | 喝杯茶还是逛逛农场 |
[27:38] | Show me what you’ve been up to. | 带我去看看你的成果吧 |
[27:42] | Rosalind rang me filled me in with the details. | 罗莎琳给我打电话说了整件事 |
[27:45] | What happened with the hearing? | 听证会情况怎么样 |
[27:47] | They wanted me to | 他们希望 |
[27:48] | Go through some kind of public repentance. | 我当众认错 |
[27:50] | I’d prefer to be put up against a wall and shot. | 我宁可被枪毙也不愿意那样 |
[27:55] | So you left the university? | 所以你不在学校干了 |
[27:57] | I was asked to resign. | 他们要我辞职 |
[28:00] | Oh dear. | 天啊 |
[28:02] | Will you miss teaching? | 你怀念教书的日子吗 |
[28:03] | My daughter | 女儿 |
[28:05] | The one who comes to teach learns the keenest of lessons. | 教书的人学到了最严厉的一课 |
[28:09] | Those who come to learn learn nothing. | 而来学习的人却什么也没学到 |
[28:13] | Well we start at 5:00 tomorrow morning professor. | 我们明早5点开始工作 教授 |
[28:15] | Shall I wake you? | 需要叫醒你吗 |
[28:17] | If you make me coffee. | 如果你能给我弄杯咖啡更好了 |
[29:05] | I will do that. | 我来吧 |
[29:07] | Take those to the kombi. | 把那些拿到货车上去 |
[29:53] | Monica this is my father David | 莫妮卡 这是我父亲大卫 |
[29:55] | Visiting from Cape Town. | 从开普敦过来 |
[30:11] | Have you ever thought of getting married again? | 你想过再婚吗 |
[30:13] | I wasn’t made for marriage. | 我不适合结婚 |
[30:16] | Well you can’t keep | 但是你不能一直 |
[30:17] | Preying on young women? | 拿年轻女孩当猎物吗 |
[30:19] | It’s not going to get any easier as you get older. | 你越老就越不容易把到年轻女孩了 |
[30:21] | Do you remember Blake? | 你记得布莱克吗 |
[30:24] | He says | 他说 |
[30:24] | “Sooner murder an infant in the cradle than | 宁可把欲望扼杀在襁褓中 |
[30:27] | Nurse un-acted desires.” | 也不能让它滋长 |
[30:34] | Good day. How much are your carrots? | 你好 胡萝卜多少钱 |
[30:36] | Two rand. | 两兰特 |
[30:36] | I’ll take one thank you very much. | 买一个 谢谢 |
[30:38] | Thanks. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢你 |
[30:40] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[30:43] | Why did you quote that to me? | 你刚才举例想说明什么 |
[30:45] | Just that every woman I’ve been close | 只是我接触过的每个女人 |
[30:47] | To has taught me something about myself. | 都让我更加了解自己 |
[31:03] | 500 rand. | 500兰特 |
[31:05] | Mmm. It’s pretty good. | 那很不错呀 |
[31:09] | I’m going to stop in on Bev. | 我要去趟贝弗那儿 |
[31:10] | I need to collect medicine for the dogs. | 那给狗拿点药 |
[31:13] | Who’s Bev? | 贝弗是谁 |
[31:14] | She’s one of my closest friends. | 她是我的一个闺蜜 |
[31:16] | She runs an animal clinic. All voluntary. | 她开了家动物诊所 义务看诊 |
[31:26] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[31:33] | Hello Lucy. | 你好露西 |
[31:34] | – How are you? – Good. and you? | -最近怎么样 -很好 你呢 |
[31:37] | I’m good. | 我也不错 |
[31:39] | Bev this is my father David. | 这是我的父亲大卫 |
[31:41] | Nice to meet you David. | 很高兴认识你 大卫 |
[31:43] | Come in. | 进来 |
[31:47] | Sorry we’re late. | 抱歉我们来迟了 |
[31:49] | That’s alright. You’re here now. | 没事 现在不是来了吗 |
[31:53] | Hello Bill. | 你好比尔 |
[31:55] | Lucy how are you? | 露西 最近好吗 |
[31:57] | – I’m well. how are you? – Fine. | -我很好 你呢 -我也很好 |
[32:00] | Ah you must be David. | 你一定是大卫 |
[32:01] | I’m Bill. | 我是比尔 |
[32:03] | Come make yourself at home. | 来 别客气 |
[32:04] | Tea? Sit down sit down. | 喝茶吗 坐 坐 |
[32:07] | We can’t stay. | 我们不能待太久 |
[32:08] | I’m just going to get the medicine for the dogs. | 只是来给狗拿点药 |
[32:10] | Ah. I’ll go and get it. | 我去拿 |
[32:42] | Oh shit. | 该死 |
[32:51] | He is good. | 他很棒 |
[32:53] | Mmm! He’s a good man. | 他是个高手 |
[33:15] | What’s the story with Petrus? | 柏图斯怎么回事 |
[33:16] | Can he just come in here and do as he pleases? | 难道他想来就来想做什么就做什么 |
[33:20] | We have an understanding. | 这是我们之间的协议 |
[33:22] | He got a land affairs grant earlier this year | 今年年初他得到一笔土地补助金 |
[33:25] | Enough to buy a hectare and a bit from me. | 这笔钱足够从我这里买一公顷多的地 |
[33:27] | We share the dam | 我们共享水坝 |
[33:28] | And everything from there to the fence is his. | 从这到栅栏那边都属于他 |
[33:30] | If he gets a second grant | 如果他拿到了第二份补助金 |
[33:31] | He’ll build a house and move out of the stable. | 他会盖所房子然后搬出马棚 |
[33:34] | He’s very busy. You should give him a hand. | 他非常忙 你应该帮帮他 |
[33:36] | Give Petrus a hand? I like that. | 帮柏图斯? 我的荣幸啊 |
[33:40] | I like the historical piquancy. | 我喜欢这个具有历史意味的讽刺 |
[33:43] | And will he pay me? | 他会付我工资吗 |
[33:45] | I’m sure he will. | 我肯定他会 |
[33:47] | Why don’t you ask him? | 你为什么不问问他 |
[33:50] | And what can I do for you while I’m here? | 那我在这能帮你做些什么 |
[33:54] | You can help me with the dogs | 你可以帮我养狗 |
[33:55] | You can help Bev at the clinic. | 也可以帮贝弗照料诊室 |
[33:57] | You mean Bev? Help Bev? | 你说贝弗 帮贝弗吗 |
[34:00] | I don’t think Bev and I will hit it off. | 我觉得我和贝弗合不来 |
[34:07] | Don’t expect to get paid. | 别期望拿到工资 |
[34:08] | You’ll have to do it out of the goodness of your heart. | 做事得是出于好心而做 |
[34:11] | Hmm I don’t know Lucy | 我不知道 露西 |
[34:12] | These animal welfare people are a bit like christians. | 这些动物福利院的人有点像基督徒 |
[34:16] | Everyone is so cheerful and well-intentioned | 每个人都很善良都让人觉得愉快 |
[34:18] | Then after a while you itch to go off and | 可一段时间后你会忍不住想出去做点坏事 |
[34:21] | Do some raping and pillaging. | 比如强奸抢劫 |
[34:22] | Or kick a cat. | 或狠狠发泄一番 |
[34:26] | Bev tries to set an example. | 贝弗只想做出个榜样 |
[34:31] | What are you reading? | 你在看什么 |
[34:59] | Hey mister! Some money please sir? | 先生 给点钱吧 |
[35:01] | Can I have some money sir? | 能给我点钱吗 先生 |
[35:02] | Sir can I have some money? | 先生 给点钱吧 |
[35:04] | Sorry I’ve got nothing. | 对不起 我没钱 |
[35:19] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[35:24] | David just in time. Could you hold him from the front? | 来的正好 你能帮忙从前面抓着它吗 |
[35:29] | Come round and take his legs. | 来这边抓着它的腿 |
[35:31] | There my friend. Hey steady my friend. | 来 好伙计 乖 |
[35:34] | Hey my friend. | 嘿 好伙计 |
[35:38] | It’s ok. | 没事的 |
[35:43] | Steady steady my friend. | 别动 别动 伙计 |
[35:47] | Blowflies. | 绿头蝇 |
[35:50] | You waited too long. | 你来的太晚了 |
[35:52] | You can leave him here with me and | 把它给我 |
[35:53] | I will give him a quiet end or | 我给它安乐死 |
[35:55] | Come back on thursday when the vet is here | 或者等周四兽医在的时候再来 |
[35:58] | but I think it’s too late. | 但我觉得那就太晚了 |
[36:06] | What a pity. | 真可惜 |
[36:10] | You can’t force the owners. | 你不能强迫主人 |
[36:12] | They like to slaughter their animals their own way. | 他们喜欢按自己的方式屠杀动物 |
[36:17] | How do you pay for this stuff? | 你哪来的钱买这些设施 |
[36:20] | We get it wholesale. | 我们批发来的 |
[36:21] | Hold public collections donations. | 或是接受社会各界的捐赠 |
[36:24] | We get a grant for putting the dogs down. | 我们有一笔补助金用于安顿这些狗 |
[36:27] | Who does that? | 那谁来医治这些狗 |
[36:29] | Dr Oosthuizen our vet. | 我们的兽医 乌休岑医生 |
[36:30] | But there are too many of them. | 可这里的狗太多了 |
[36:32] | So I help out do what’s left on a sunday. | 所以我来帮忙 周日过来做没做完的事 |
[36:36] | Oh which reminds me check yourself for fleas tonight. | 对了 你晚上回去检查身上有没有跳蚤 |
[36:39] | Are they all going to die? | 它们都得死吗 |
[36:41] | If nobody wants them. | 如果没人收养的话 |
[36:43] | And you don’t mind doing the job? | 你不介意做这种工作吗 |
[36:45] | Hey hey hey hey. settle down. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 安静 |
[36:47] | I do mind. hey! | 我很介意 |
[36:49] | I mind deeply. | 非常介意 |
[36:51] | And I wouldn’t want someone doing it for me who didn’t mind. | 而我不愿让不介意的人来帮我 |
[36:54] | Would you? | 你说是吗 |
[37:18] | Aren’t they lovely? | 他们很可爱吧 |
[37:21] | They come back every year the same three. | 那三只每年都会回来 |
[37:25] | I’m so lucky to be visited. The one chosen. | 我很幸运它们选择回来看我 |
[37:30] | Animals are creatures of habit. | 动物有他们的习性 |
[37:37] | Come on Juzzi. | 走 祖兹 |
[37:42] | When you were small our next door neighbour had a dog | 你小时候咱家邻居有只狗 |
[37:45] | A golden retriever remember? | 一只金毛猎犬 记得吗 |
[37:47] | – Dimly. – It was a male. | -不大记得了 -是只公狗 |
[37:50] | And whenever a bitch went past | 每当有母狗经过 |
[37:51] | It got excited unmanageable. | 它就会很激动 难以控制 |
[37:54] | And with Pavlovian regularity its owner would beat it | 根据巴甫洛夫定律 它的主人会打它 |
[37:57] | So that at the mere smell of a bitch t | 所以当它一闻到母狗的味道 |
[37:59] | He dog would run around the garden | 它就会竖着耳朵夹着尾巴 |
[38:01] | With its ears flat and its tail between its legs | 围着花园跑 |
[38:04] | Whining and trying to hide. | 哀嚎着想要躲起来 |
[38:07] | I don’t see the point. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[38:09] | Well you can punish a dog for chewing a slipper | 你可以因为狗咬了拖鞋而惩罚它 |
[38:12] | The dog can accept that. | 狗可以接受这个 |
[38:14] | But desire is another story. | 可欲望是另外一回事 |
[38:16] | Is that the moral? | 那就是道德吗 |
[38:18] | Males must be allowed to follow their instincts unchecked? | 雄性应该毫不顾忌的服从其本能吗 |
[38:22] | No that’s not the moral. | 不 和道德无关 |
[38:24] | What was ignoble about the spectacle was that | 这种现象最可耻的是 |
[38:28] | The poor dog had begun to hate its own nature. | 这只可怜的狗开始憎恨自己的本性 |
[38:31] | It no longer needed to be beaten it punished itself. | 没必要再打它了 它自己已惩罚了自己 |
[38:35] | At that point it would’ve been better to shoot it. | 就那而言 还不如一枪把它杀了 |
[38:39] | Have you always felt this way? | 你常这么想吗 |
[38:42] | No. | 也不是 |
[38:43] | At times I’ve felt just the opposite. | 有时我感觉恰恰相反 |
[38:47] | That desire is a burden we could well do without. | 我们无法摆脱欲望 |
[38:50] | Hey what’ve you got there? | 嘿 你们找到什么了 |
[38:55] | Should we be nervous? | 我们是否得小心点 |
[39:03] | Stay. | 安静 |
[39:11] | Petrus! | 柏图斯 |
[39:13] | Petrus! | 柏图斯 |
[39:15] | Hamba! | 哈姆巴 |
[39:20] | Quiet! | 安静 |
[39:25] | What do you want? | 你们想干什么 |
[39:26] | We must telephone. | 我们必须打个电话 |
[39:28] | His sister accident. | 他姐姐出事了 |
[39:30] | – What kind of accident? – A baby. | -什么事 -孩子的事 |
[39:32] | – Where are you from? – Erasmus kraal. | -你们从哪来 -伊拉斯穆斯卡尔 |
[39:34] | Why aren’t you ringing from the forestry station? | 你们为何不去林业站打电话 |
[39:36] | Is no-one there. | 那里没人 |
[39:47] | Hold on. | 等一会 |
[39:52] | Inside. | 进去 |
[39:53] | Quiet. quiet! | 安静 安静 |
[40:03] | You stay you come in. | 你们等着 你进来 |
[40:08] | Lucy | 露西 |
[40:31] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[40:32] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[40:35] | Vulani! | 弗拉尼 |
[40:38] | – Vulani! – Get him! | -弗拉尼 -咬他 |
[40:39] | Get him! | 咬他 |
[40:49] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[40:54] | Ahh! | 啊 |
[41:41] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[41:47] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[41:50] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[41:54] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[43:02] | No. | 不 |
[45:47] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[45:54] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[45:57] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[46:12] | What on earth did they do to you? | 他们到底对你做了什么 |
[46:50] | They’ve stolen your car. | 他们偷了你的车 |
[46:52] | And let down the tyres of the kombi | 把康比车的轮胎气放了 |
[46:55] | And they smashed the phone. | 摔碎了电话 |
[46:57] | I’m walking over to Ettinger’s. | 我步行去找埃丁格帮忙 |
[46:58] | You say what happened to you and | 接着你把你遭遇的事说出来 |
[47:00] | I’ll say what happened to me please. | 我也把我的说出来 |
[47:34] | I never go anywhere without my Beretta. | 我去哪都开着贝雷塔 |
[47:37] | At least you can save yourself | 至少可以自救 |
[47:40] | Because the police won’t – not anymore | 因为警察不如从前了 |
[47:43] | You can be sure. | 可以肯定这点 |
[47:44] | I told Lucy to install bars like me | 我叫露西像我一样装上 |
[47:47] | and a security gate with a fence. | 栅栏和带围栏的安全门 |
[47:51] | And to buy a pistol and a two-way radio. | 还得买把手枪和双向无线电 |
[48:12] | Mrs Rosenberg. | 罗森伯格女士 |
[48:14] | Please report to the front desk for your prescription. | 请把你的处方告知前台 |
[48:29] | – May I help you? – My father’s been severely burnt. | -需要帮忙吗 -我父亲严重烧伤 |
[48:32] | I was wondering when he could see a doctor. | 我想知道他什么时候能看医生 |
[48:34] | You’ll have to wait in line. | 你得排队 |
[48:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[48:40] | Ettinger’s going to take me to the police station. | 埃丁格要带我去警察局 |
[48:43] | You stay here. If they discharge you | 你待在这 如果他们检查完了 |
[48:45] | Just wait here. | 你就在这里等我 |
[48:47] | Won’t the police want to see me too? | 警察不需要见我吗 |
[48:49] | I don’t think there’s anything | 我觉得你能告诉警察的 |
[48:50] | You can tell them that I can’t. | 情况我都能说 |
[48:52] | Or is there? | 还有我不清楚的吗 |
[48:56] | Dr Mobara. Please come to ward five immediately. | 茂源医生 请立刻去五号病房 |
[49:02] | You’re lucky that there’s no damage to the eye itself. | 很幸运你没有伤到眼睛 |
[49:05] | If they’d used petrol instead of methylated spirits now | 如果他们用的是汽油而不是烈酒 |
[49:08] | That would’ve been a different story. | 情况就完全不同了 |
[49:10] | The burns on your scalp aren’t serious. | 头皮的烧伤并不严重 |
[49:13] | You just need to keep an eye out for infection. | 你只需注意不要感染细菌 |
[49:29] | David? | 大卫 |
[49:32] | Shocking. Absolutely shocking. | 真可怕 太可怕了 |
[49:35] | – Lucy’s at our place. It’s alright. – I’m alright. | -露西在我们那 没事了 -我没事 |
[49:38] | Take you back you know. | 这让你回到了过去 |
[49:41] | It’s like being in a war all over again. | 就像再次回到战争时期 |
[49:43] | Has Lucy been to the police and the doctor? | 露西见过警察和医生了吗 |
[49:47] | Yes yes. | 都见过了 |
[49:49] | There’s a bulletin out for your car. | 已经发布了寻车通告 |
[49:50] | All attended to. | 所有人都在帮忙找 |
[49:59] | Lucy | 露西 |
[50:02] | Lucy Lucy? | 露西 |
[50:21] | Lucy? | 露西 |
[50:23] | I have to speak to Lucy. I want to see Lucy. | 我得和露西谈谈 我想见露西 |
[50:30] | I had a dream. I’m sorry I thought you were calling me. | 我做梦了 对不起 我以为你叫我 |
[50:33] | I wasn’t. Go to bed. | 我没有 睡吧 |
[50:47] | Try and sleep now. | 睡吧 |
[51:36] | How is she? | 她情况如何 |
[52:05] | This is not an easy thing to talk about | 这事很难说出口 |
[52:09] | But have you seen a doctor? | 不过你看过医生了吗 |
[52:11] | – There’s a risk – I saw my doctor last night. | -你可能会 -我昨晚看过医生了 |
[52:14] | And is he taking care of all eventualities? | 他检查出所有的可能性了吗 |
[52:20] | She. She not he. | 她 她 不是他 |
[52:23] | How can a doctor take care of all eventualities? | 医生怎么可能检查出所有的可能性 |
[52:25] | Have some sense. | 有点常识好不好 |
[52:28] | What are our plans for today? | 我们今天的安排是什么 |
[52:33] | To go back to the farm and clean up. | 回农场去打扫 |
[52:36] | We can’t just pick up where we left off. | 我们不能就这么回去打扫 |
[52:39] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[52:40] | because it’s not a good idea. | 因为这不是个好想法 |
[52:42] | Because it’s not safe. | 因为不安全 |
[52:43] | It was never safe. | 从来就没安全过 |
[52:45] | And it’s not an idea good or bad. | 不管好坏 这不是个想法 |
[52:48] | I’m not going back for the sake of an idea | 我不是想到才回去 |
[52:50] | I’m just going back. | 我得回去 |
[52:51] | Lucy things are changing. | 露西 世道变了 |
[52:53] | Guns and gates don’t save you. Ettinger is wrong. | 枪和门没法保护你 埃丁格错了 |
[52:57] | No no. | 不 不 |
[52:59] | We are not going back. | 我们不能回去 |
[55:44] | Petrus is back | 柏图斯回来了 |