时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | nzmz818@gmail.com | 合作邮箱 |
[00:11] | We must practice the art of dying… | 我们必须预演死亡艺术 |
[00:16] | so that when death comes for us, we are ready. | 这样当死神来临 我们才会平静以待 |
[00:21] | We must prepare for the hors mori, | 我们必须准备迎接临终时刻 |
[00:26] | the hour of death. | 生命终结 |
[00:29] | For what you are when you die… | 死时的为人 |
[00:33] | the same will you reappear in the great day of eternity. | 亦将是你来世的写照 |
[00:40] | Here on earth, | 在这世上 |
[00:41] | everything is changing and unsettled. | 万事皆变幻不定 |
[00:45] | Beyond the grave, however… | 然而死亡之界 |
[00:48] | our condition is unchanging. | 却是亘古不变 |
[00:53] | Strange and mysterious it is, then, | 诚然是神秘莫测 |
[00:56] | that God so often permits the shadow of death… | 上帝时常任由死亡的阴影 |
[01:01] | to be thrown down on us, | 笼罩着世人 |
[01:04] | that we may prepare ourselves for His coming. | 指引我们准备迎接他的到来 |
[01:10] | And, speaking of shadows, | 既然提及”阴影”了 |
[01:13] | I hope you all plan to watch | 希望各位都有打算 |
[01:16] | today’s annular eclipse of the sun. | 观看今日的日环食 |
[01:20] | In God’s name we pray, amen. | 以上帝之名祈祷 阿门 |
[01:24] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[01:55] | Where are we gonna watch the eclipse? | 我们去哪看日食呢 |
[01:57] | I’ll have to watch it from Betty’s. | 我只能在贝蒂店里看了 |
[01:59] | I’m getting my wedding dress fitted this afternoon. | 今天下午要试穿婚礼服 |
[02:02] | That’s right, that’s right. | 对哦 对哦 |
[02:03] | Now, you remember, tell Betty, add as much lace as she wants. | 你记得告诉贝蒂 她可以随意加蕾丝 |
[02:12] | – We should go. – Oh, yes, yes, of course. | -我们该走了 -对 对 |
[02:14] | Lovely sermon today, Pastor. | 布道词很好 牧师 |
[02:17] | Thank you, Mrs. Dickinson. | 谢谢 狄金森夫人 |
[02:19] | I always look forward to Sundays. | 我一直盼着来做礼拜 |
[02:21] | Kind of you to say. | 太感谢你了 |
[02:23] | And today will be particularly special. | 今天的活动尤其特别 |
[02:26] | Do you plan to observe the celestial event? | 你打算观看天象吗 |
[02:31] | The eclipse, Mom. | 日食 妈妈 |
[02:34] | Oh, I’ll probably be too busy in the kitchen. | 我多半在厨房脱不开身 |
[02:37] | I’ll be watching. | 我会去看 |
[02:38] | Very good. | 很好啊 |
[02:40] | And I hope you will perceive in it some evidence of God’s wonder. | 希望你能从中领悟到上帝的神迹 |
[02:45] | I’m just hoping I don’t go blind. | 不瞎我就庆幸了 |
[02:48] | Where’s Lavinia? | 拉维妮娅哪去了 |
[02:51] | God, all that talk about death made me so horny. | 天 那番死亡言论让我好饥渴 |
[02:55] | – Joseph. – Yeah? | -约瑟夫 -怎么 |
[02:56] | I made something for you. | 有东西要给你 |
[02:58] | No, no. Really, I can’t accept any more mittens. | 不不 我真的不要手套了 |
[03:00] | No, it’s this. | 不 是这个 |
[03:06] | That’s you. | 是你诶 |
[03:07] | You recognized. | 你认出来了 |
[03:09] | Are you kidding? I’d know those tits anywhere. | 不然呢 我闭眼都认得这对酥胸 |
[03:13] | I thought you were complimenting my sketch technique. | 还以为你要夸我的画技 |
[03:15] | No, yeah. You sketched your tits really well. | 当然 你把胸画得很好 |
[03:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:20] | I can have this? | 能给我吗 |
[03:22] | Yes. It’s for you. | 当然 就是给你画的 |
[03:25] | Because you’re the only man I ever want to gaze upon my body. | 我的身体只想被你的目光凝视 |
[03:30] | I’mma do more than just gaze upon that body, girl. | 我可不会只看看你的身体而已 美人 |
[03:38] | 爱德华·狄金森先生 华盛顿特区 | |
[03:38] | My God. | 天啊 |
[03:40] | My God! | 天啊 |
[03:43] | Edward says that a man reached for a gun on the floor of Congress | 爱德华说有人在国会院地上拿起枪 |
[03:46] | to shoot another congressman. | 要射杀另一名议员 |
[03:48] | That’s awful, ma’am. | 太糟了 夫人 |
[03:49] | “Congressman Churchwell reached for his gun | “丘奇威尔议员拿起枪 |
[03:51] | to shoot Representative Cullom, | 要射击库洛姆议员 |
[03:53] | who lunged at him after Churchwell accused him | 因他谴责库洛姆支持密苏里妥协案后 |
[03:55] | of defending the Missouri Compromise.” | 被库洛姆猛扑在地” |
[03:58] | So, a man nearly shot another man | 所以有一方不够支持奴隶制 |
[04:00] | because he wasn’t pro-slavery enough. | 就差点发生命案 |
[04:02] | Honestly, can’t anyone in this country be civil to each other? | 真的 这个国家的人就不能文明相待吗 |
[04:08] | Now I have to worry about Edward and a gunfight. | 我现在除了担心爱德华 还得防着枪战 |
[04:10] | As if I don’t already have enough on my plate. | 我烦心事难道还不够多吗 |
[04:15] | Have you seen Ben? | 你看见本了吗 |
[04:16] | Mr. Newton, you mean? | 你是说牛顿先生 |
[04:18] | No. He hasn’t been here today. | 没有 他今天没来 |
[04:21] | And I hope he doesn’t come. | 我也希望他不要来 |
[04:22] | Mom, why? You don’t like him? | 妈妈 为什么 你不喜欢他啊 |
[04:25] | I like him just fine. | 我对他没意见 |
[04:26] | But I sent him home yesterday with strict orders to stay in bed. | 但我昨天明确要求他回家休养 |
[04:30] | He had a cough that was positively wracking. | 他咳嗽得实在太严重了 |
[04:32] | Never a good sign, a cough like that. | 咳成那样 从来不是好兆头 |
[04:35] | Aye, to be sure. | 唉说得对 |
[04:36] | Me husbands all had terrible coughs like that before they passed. | 我所有丈夫去世前都咳得厉害 |
[04:41] | How many husbands have you had? | 你到底有多少任丈夫 |
[04:43] | Ah, what difference does it make? | 说了又有什么用呢 |
[04:44] | They’re all dead now. | 毕竟都死了 |
[04:47] | Well, Ben is coming here today. | 反正本今天会来 |
[04:51] | We’re going to watch the eclipse. | 我们要去看日食 |
[04:52] | Really, Emily? | 真的吗 艾米莉 |
[04:55] | That’s not a good idea. | 这主意可不好 |
[04:57] | He should not be out in the cold. And neither should you. | 他不应该出去受凉 你也不应该 |
[05:01] | Death is everywhere this winter. | 这个冬天到处死人 |
[05:04] | You know Ithamar Conkey’s eldest daughter? | 你知道依塔玛尔·康海的长女吧 |
[05:06] | She went ice-skating last week and got consumption. | 她上周去滑冰 得了肺结核 |
[05:10] | Now she’s buried in the ground. | 现在已经入土了 |
[05:11] | I know. And the frost killed all my violets too. | 我知道 我的紫罗兰都被冻死了 |
[05:17] | It’s tragic. | 太悲惨了 |
[05:18] | – Don’t be flippant. – I’m not. | -别打趣了 -我没有 |
[05:21] | I loved those violets. | 我好爱紫罗兰的 |
[05:23] | He’s here. I knew he’d come. | 他来了 我就知道他会来 |
[05:25] | Don’t let him in. | 别让他进门 |
[05:31] | Ben, how are you feeling? | 本 你怎么样啊 |
[05:33] | I’m fine. | 很好啊 |
[05:38] | Oh, no. Your cough is getting worse. | 不好 你咳得更厉害了 |
[05:42] | No, I… | 没有 我… |
[05:43] | Ben, you’re too sick. We can’t go out. | 本 你病得太重了 我们不能出去 |
[05:45] | No, we have to go. We can’t miss this. | 不 必须出去 不能错过这个 |
[05:49] | It’s okay. There will be another eclipse. | 没事 日食还会有的 |
[05:52] | No, there won’t. Not for decades. | 不 不会了 得等上数十年 |
[05:54] | And I promised you this… | 而且我答应了你 |
[05:58] | God, Ben. | 天啊 本 |
[06:00] | Let’s just stay in. | 我们就待在室内吧 |
[06:04] | I’ll make you tea. We can sit by the fire and… | 我给你泡茶 我们坐在炉火边 |
[06:06] | No, Emily. | 不 艾米莉 |
[06:08] | The only fire that I wanna see | 我唯一想看的火 |
[06:10] | is that ring of fire around the black shadow of the moon. | 是黑色月影外围那圈火环 |
[06:14] | And I wanna see it with you. | 我想要和你一起看 |
[06:16] | Imagine… | 想象一下 |
[06:19] | darkness at noon. | 正午时分暗无天日 |
[06:24] | Now, come on. Let’s get your coat. | 快走吧 拿你的外套 |
[06:26] | – Let’s go. – Okay. | -我们走 -好 |
[06:30] | Hold this for me. | 帮我拿一下 |
[06:48] | You must be getting excited. | 你一定很兴奋 |
[06:50] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我也说不好 |
[06:51] | Weddings are such a fuss. | 婚礼实在是瞎忙一气 |
[06:53] | Especially a Dickinson wedding. | 尤其是狄金森家的婚礼 |
[06:55] | It’s all anyone in town can talk about. | 镇上所有人都津津乐道 |
[06:58] | Already? It’s still months away. | 是吗 还有好几个月呢 |
[07:00] | Yes, well, it better be. | 是啊 幸好是 |
[07:03] | Or else I won’t have time to finish this dress. | 不然我就来不及做完这裙子了 |
[07:14] | Honey, I don’t know if I measured wrong | 亲爱的 我不确定是我量错了尺寸 |
[07:15] | or if you’re getting a bit thicker… | 还是你的腰… |
[07:19] | around here. | 变粗了 |
[07:24] | Well, I haven’t been holding back at meals. | 我一直没有节食 |
[07:27] | I know some women stop eating altogether before their weddings, | 我听说一些女人在婚礼前会完全禁食 |
[07:29] | but I can’t seem to stop. | 但我怕是做不到 |
[07:32] | I think maybe it’s how I handle the nerves, you know? | 我想这大概是我缓解紧张的方式 |
[07:35] | Oh, yes. | 可不是嘛 |
[07:37] | I got real hungry before my wedding too. | 我在婚礼前也很饿 |
[07:41] | Real hungry. | 饿得要死 |
[07:44] | Maybe I should add more room around the waist | 可能我应该在腰这里多留些余量 |
[07:47] | in case your appetite doesn’t subside. | 万一你的食欲还是不减 |
[07:52] | That sounds good. | 有道理 |
[08:02] | – Oh, right here is perfect. – Yes. | -这个位置好啊 -对 |
[08:05] | Don’t look. | 先别看 |
[08:08] | So, have you been reading the new book I gave you? | 你在看我给你的那本新书吗 |
[08:09] | Oh, yes. I’m all about William Blake now. | 是的 我现在对威廉·布雷克很着迷 |
[08:12] | Which do you like better? | 那你比较喜欢哪首 |
[08:13] | “Songs of Innocence” or “Songs of Experience”? | 《纯真之歌》还是《世故之歌》 |
[08:16] | I feel like you can’t even ask that question. | 你怎么能这么问 |
[08:18] | – That’s two sides of the same coin. – Totally. | -这就像是硬币的正反面 -没错 |
[08:20] | I memorized one. “The Garden of Love.” | 我背了一首 《爱的花园》 |
[08:24] | Let’s hear it. | 听听看 |
[08:25] | “I went to the Garden of Love. And saw what I never had seen. | “步入爱的花园 身临未见之境 |
[08:29] | A Chapel was built in the midst | 教堂于花枝间掩映 |
[08:31] | where I used to play on the green”. | 那里曾是草地青青” |
[08:32] | “And the gates of this Chapel were shut. And Thou shalt not. | “教堂门扉紧闭 不容你到访 |
[08:35] | Writ over the door. | 只好在门上留下讯息 |
[08:37] | So I turned to the Garden of Love | 我便走入爱的花园 |
[08:38] | That so many sweet flowers bore”. | 那里有万花斗艳争奇” |
[08:40] | “And I saw it was filled with graves. | “但眼前只剩坟茔 |
[08:42] | And tomb-stones where flowers should be”. | 墓碑占据花的领地” |
[08:44] | “And Priests in black gowns, were walking their rounds.” | “牧师身着黑袍 来回巡视漫行” |
[08:47] | “And binding with briars, my joys and desires.” | “我的欢愉与欲望 葬于这满地荆棘” |
[08:51] | It’s so creepy, right? | 太诡异了 是不是 |
[08:53] | I love it. | 我好喜欢 |
[08:56] | Hey, Emily. | 嗨 艾米莉 |
[08:59] | Hey, George. | 你好 乔治 |
[09:01] | Long time no see. | 好久不见 |
[09:03] | Yeah. I’ve… changed a lot. | 是啊 久到我…改头换面 |
[09:12] | This is Ellen. | 这是艾伦 |
[09:14] | Ellen Mandeville Grout. | 艾伦·曼德薇尔·格劳特 |
[09:16] | Of the Princeton Grouts. | 来自普林斯顿的格劳特家族 |
[09:19] | Emily Dickinson. | 艾米莉·狄金森 |
[09:20] | Of… here. | 是个…本地土妞 |
[09:24] | And this is? | 这位是 |
[09:26] | Oh, this is my friend Ben. | 这是我的朋友本 |
[09:28] | That doesn’t sound good, man. You should go inside. | 你这咳得有点厉害了 朋友 最好进屋待着 |
[09:30] | We’re just out to watch the eclipse. | 我们只是出来看日食 |
[09:32] | Us too. | 我们也是 |
[09:35] | You know you shouldn’t stare directly at the sun, right? | 你知道不能直视太阳的吧 |
[09:37] | – Of course we know that. – Okay. | -我们当然知道 -好吧 |
[09:38] | Just wanted to make sure. | 就是提醒一下 |
[09:41] | We poked some holes in a piece of paper. | 我们在纸上戳了几个洞 |
[09:44] | Ben made us smoked glass. | 本准备了烟色玻璃 |
[09:46] | Guess you got this covered. | 看来你能搞定 |
[09:51] | Why didn’t you make those for us? | 你怎么不给我们准备这个 |
[09:54] | Well, we should keep walking. | 我们还是继续散步吧 |
[09:58] | It’s good to see you, Emily. | 见到你很高兴 艾米莉 |
[10:05] | So, how long has he been in love with you? | 那么 他爱慕你多久了 |
[10:08] | He… wanted to marry me. | 他…一度想娶我 |
[10:12] | And you said… | 而你的答案是… |
[10:14] | No. | 不行 |
[10:16] | Kicked him out of the garden of love? | 将他逐出爱的花园 |
[10:17] | I never said he could enter it in the first place. | 我可没说他有资格踏入那片花园 |
[10:21] | You know, sometimes… | 其实 有时候 |
[10:23] | I wanna ask you. | 我想请求你 |
[10:26] | You wanna ask me what? | 请求我什么 |
[10:30] | To marry me. | 和我结婚 |
[10:33] | No. I mean, not to marry me. | 不 是别和我结婚 |
[10:36] | I wanna ask you to not marry me. | 我想请求你不要和我结婚 |
[10:40] | Forever. | 永远不要 |
[10:43] | – I would do that. – Really? | -我愿意 -真的吗 |
[10:48] | Should I propose? | 我应该求婚吗 |
[10:49] | I mean, no. Un-propose. | 哦不 否婚 |
[10:52] | No. No, it should be the reverse. | 不对 不 应该反过来 |
[10:54] | I should be the one who un-proposes to you. | 应该是我向你否婚 |
[11:03] | Ben Newton, will you anti-marry me? | 本·牛顿 你是否愿意永不与我成婚 |
[11:06] | You mean… | 你是说… |
[11:07] | I mean to not have and to not hold | 不必拥有彼此 不必携手共度 |
[11:11] | – for as long as we both shall… – Not live. | -一直到你我二人… -死去 |
[11:16] | I’d be honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[11:20] | Here. | 给你 |
[11:28] | There, we are now… | 那么 我们从此 |
[11:31] | not husband and wife. | 永不结为夫妻 |
[11:38] | Ben… | 本 |
[11:41] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[11:43] | I love you too, Emily Dickinson. | 我也爱你 艾米莉·狄金森 |
[11:48] | Look. It’s starting. | 快看 开始了 |
[12:11] | *I feel it coming* | *我察觉它已降临* |
[12:15] | *Hold your breath* | *请屏息静气* |
[12:20] | *Don’t let go* | *别任它离去* |
[12:27] | *I feel it coming* | *我察觉它已降临* |
[12:32] | *Hold your breath* | *请屏息静气* |
[12:36] | *Don’t let go* | *别任它离去* |
[12:43] | *I feel it coming* | *我察觉它已降临* |
[12:51] | *I feel it coming* | *我察觉它已降临* |
[12:59] | *I feel it coming* | *我察觉它已降临* |
[13:12] | *Far away, something calls* | *遥远天边 触不可及* |
[13:20] | *On the edge of it all* | *呼唤声彼伏此起* |
[13:28] | *Face the fire, let it come* | *任那星火 燎原而去* |
[13:36] | *On the edge of it all* | *点燃远方的静谧* |
[13:44] | *Hold your breath* | *请屏息静气* |
[13:47] | *Don’t let go* | *别任它离去* |
[13:55] | *I feel it coming* | *我察觉它已降临* |
[14:03] | *I feel it coming* | *我察觉它已降临* |
[14:11] | *I feel it coming* | *我察觉它已降临* |
[14:17] | That was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过最美的景象 |
[14:21] | Yes, it… | 对 这… |
[14:25] | Oh, Ben. | 本 |
[14:29] | Oh, Ben. Ben, you have to lie down. | 本 你得躺着 |
[14:31] | Let’s go back to my house. | 赶快回我家去 |
[14:36] | No, I’ll just… go home. | 不 我回自己家就行 |
[14:39] | No. No, that house is cold and empty. | 不 你家冷冷清清的 |
[14:42] | There’s no one there to take care of you. Come on. | 而且没人照顾你 走吧 |
[14:46] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[14:48] | Come on. It’s okay, it’s okay. | 走吧 没事 没事的 |
[14:51] | That was so incredible. | 刚才太神奇了 |
[14:52] | I’ll tell you what’s incredible: This dress I’m making for you. | 我告诉你 我给你做的裙子才神奇呢 |
[14:57] | Mother, we have a minor injury. | 孩她妈 女儿受伤了 |
[15:00] | – What happened? – Here we go. | -怎么了 -来 |
[15:02] | – A damn prickle bush cut me. – Helen. | -该死的树丛划到我了 -海伦 |
[15:04] | – Hello, Sue. – Hello, Henry. | -你好啊 苏 -你好 亨利 |
[15:06] | Watch your mouth. | 说话文明点 |
[15:08] | We were racing and she would have won | 我俩在赛跑 她本来可以赢的 |
[15:10] | if she hadn’t fallen right onto a patch of nettles. | 结果摔倒在一堆荨麻上 |
[15:14] | Is that right? | 是这样吗 |
[15:15] | Well, I’ll give those nettles a piece of my mind. | 那我要好好教训这堆荨麻了 |
[15:19] | Scratching up my baby girl like that, oh, no, you don’t. | 怎么敢这样划伤我的宝贝女儿 |
[15:23] | Damn prickle bush. | 该死的树丛 |
[15:24] | I said watch your mouth, baby girl. | 我说了别讲脏话 宝贝 |
[15:28] | Now I’m gonna wash it out. | 现在我要清洗伤口了 |
[15:34] | What are you laughing at? | 你笑什么呢 |
[15:36] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, there it is. | 对哦 就这样 |
[15:38] | There we are. We are washing it out. | 这就对啦 我们洗干净 |
[15:42] | Oh, no, you don’t. | 你别这样 |
[15:46] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:49] | Not bad. | 勇敢嘛 |
[16:04] | Oh, God. You’re really burning up. | 天啊 你烧得好厉害 |
[16:07] | Then why do I… Why do I feel so cold? | 那我怎么… 怎么这么冷 |
[16:10] | Just rest now. Okay? Just rest. | 休息就好 休息 |
[16:27] | *Well, my little Doney girl, don’t you guess* | *我的姑娘不必猜测* |
[16:31] | *Better be making your wedding dress* | *结婚礼服编织快乐* |
[16:34] | *Wedding dress, wedding dress* | *编织快乐 传递欢乐* |
[16:37] | *Better be making your wedding dress* | *结婚礼服编织快乐* |
[16:41] | *Well, it’s already made, trimmed in green* | *礼服已备 以绿点缀* |
[16:46] | *Prettiest dress you’ve ever seen* | *美丽礼服最登对* |
[16:49] | *Ever seen, ever seen* | *最登对 最登对* |
[16:52] | *Prettiest dress you’ve ever seen* | *美丽礼服最登对* |
[16:58] | *Well, she wouldn’t say yes, she wouldn’t say no* | *她不会拒绝 也不会同意* |
[17:03] | *All she did was sit and sew* | *只会缝纫着任他去* |
[17:06] | *Sit and sew, sit and sew* | *任他去 任他去* |
[17:10] | Emily… | 艾米莉 |
[17:13] | – Emily… – Just rest. | -艾米莉 -别说话了 |
[17:16] | You’re gonna be a great poet. | 你会成为伟大的诗人 |
[17:19] | You’re a true genius. | 你是真正的才女 |
[17:22] | You’re gonna write things… | 你写的作品… |
[17:24] | that the world will never forget. | 这个世界永远不会忘却 |
[17:28] | Ben, I… | 本 我… |
[17:30] | I only wish I could live to see it. | 我只希望我能活到那一天 |
[17:35] | Don’t say that. You’re not… You’re not gonna die. | 别这样说 你不会 不会死的 |
[17:40] | You’re gonna be okay, Ben. | 你会好起来的 本 |
[17:53] | What is he doing in there? | 他在里面干嘛 |
[17:56] | He’s resting. | 他在休息 |
[17:59] | I’m taking care of him. | 我照顾他 |
[18:01] | He shouldn’t be here, Emily. | 他不该在这里 艾米莉 |
[18:05] | Where is he supposed to go? | 那他能去哪里 |
[18:08] | Don’t bring death into this house. | 不要把死亡带到这个家 |
[18:11] | What difference does it make to you? | 对你来说有什么区别呢 |
[18:13] | You’re dead inside already. | 你的内心早就死了 |
[18:30] | What are you doing, Maggie? | 你在干嘛 玛吉 |
[18:31] | Talking to God about this and that. | 跟上帝闲聊呢 |
[18:34] | Look, I know you’re Catholic and all, | 我知道你信天主教 |
[18:36] | but you can pray in the house if you want. | 但你可以在屋里祷告的 |
[18:38] | Oh, that’s okay. I’ll leave the house to you Protestants. | 没事 屋里留给你们新教徒待着 |
[18:42] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样了 |
[18:45] | Do you want to join me? | 要一起祷告吗 |
[18:50] | Praying’s not really my thing. | 我不太喜欢祷告 |
[18:54] | You’re some kind of atheist, are you? | 你是那种无神论者是吧 |
[18:57] | Not exactly. | 也不算 |
[19:00] | Then what? | 那是什么 |
[19:03] | When I was 16, | 我16岁的时候 |
[19:04] | I was sent for a year to Mount Holyoke Female Seminary. | 被送去曼荷莲女子神学院学习了一年 |
[19:10] | The headmistress was a devout Christian. | 女校长是个虔诚的基督教徒 |
[19:13] | She was determined | 她下定决心 |
[19:15] | to see every young girl find Christ and get born again. | 要看到所有女孩找到内心的上帝并获得新生 |
[19:18] | Every week, we’d have a meeting in the chapel, | 每周我们都在教堂集会 |
[19:20] | and she would ask all the girls… | 她会问所有姑娘 |
[19:22] | If you can feel God in your hearts… | 若你的内心能感受到上帝 |
[19:27] | if you’ve ever heard Him guiding you… | 若你能听见他的指引 |
[19:31] | or felt His overwhelming presence in a time of need… | 或者必要时刻能感受到他坚定的存在 |
[19:36] | If you have, stand up. | 如果有此感受 请起立 |
[19:41] | At first, I was one of about a dozen girls who didn’t stand up. | 最开始 我和好多女孩都没有起立 |
[19:47] | But as the weeks went by, fewer and fewer of us stayed seated | 但是随着时间推移 坐着的人越来越少 |
[19:50] | when the headmistress commanded us… | 女校长要求我们… |
[19:52] | Stand up and declare that you have found Jesus in your hearts. | 起立并宣称你已在心中找到上帝 |
[19:58] | By Christmas, only a handful of girls, including me, didn’t stand up. | 到了圣诞节 只有我和几个女孩没有起立 |
[20:04] | Those who didn’t stand were said to have no hope. | 没有起立的人被认为没救了 |
[20:11] | That was us. | 就是我们 |
[20:14] | The no-hopers. | 不可救药之人 |
[20:17] | It’s not that I didn’t wanna find God. I did. | 不是我不想寻找上帝 我想 |
[20:23] | With all my heart, I did. | 我真心想的 |
[20:26] | But I wasn’t gonna lie about it. | 但我不想撒谎 |
[20:30] | I wasn’t gonna say that | 如果不是真情实感 |
[20:31] | I felt something in my soul unless I really did. | 我不愿说我的灵魂找到了归属 |
[20:36] | And every week that went by, I tried to feel it. | 时间一周一周过去 我努力去感受 |
[20:39] | I wanted to feel it. But I didn’t feel it. | 我想要感受到 但我没有感觉 |
[20:44] | At least, I didn’t think I was feeling it. | 至少我认为没有感觉到 |
[20:50] | And it seems like something you would know if you felt it, right? | 毕竟这种事有感觉的话自己能分辨 对吧 |
[20:58] | One day, in the spring… | 春天的某一天 |
[21:01] | a junior at the school, a girl who had just been born again… | 学校一位三年级生 刚”新生”的一位女孩 |
[21:08] | she died. | 死了 |
[21:10] | Of who knows what. | 不知道怎么死的 |
[21:14] | The headmistress called us all into the chapel. | 女校长把大家召集到教堂 |
[21:18] | We stared at that corpse for what felt like hours. | 我们盯着遗体发呆了几小时 |
[21:24] | And then we returned to our seats and she said… | 回到座位上后她说 |
[21:28] | Will all those who now feel the presence of God stand. | 此刻感受到上帝存在的请起立 |
[21:33] | And every girl stood up. | 每个女孩都起立了 |
[21:38] | Every single girl. | 每一个人 |
[21:41] | Except me. | 除了我 |
[21:44] | Emily Dickinson… | 艾米莉·狄金森 |
[21:46] | do you feel nothing? | 你没有任何感觉吗 |
[21:49] | And then she looked around the whole room and said… | 她环视所有人后说道 |
[21:52] | Emily Dickinson… | 艾米莉·狄金森 |
[21:55] | you are hopeless. | 你不可救药 |
[22:08] | And that was the end of my education. | 这就是我学习生涯的终点 |
[22:13] | Well, I’d say perhaps that headmistress had a flea up her arse. | 要我说 可能女校长屁股被跳蚤咬了 |
[22:18] | No one is hopeless in God’s eyes. | 上帝眼中没有不可救药的人 |
[22:23] | Maybe you should give it another go. | 要不你再尝试一次 |
[22:34] | Hey, Maggie… | 玛吉 |
[22:37] | you can’t ever quit this job. | 你千万不要辞这份工作 |
[22:48] | Remember, you must not only paint the light. | 记住 不能只画光 |
[22:52] | You must also paint the shadows. | 还要画阴影 |
[22:55] | Very nice, Jane. | 非常好 简 |
[22:57] | You’ve really captured the green hue of the pheasant’s neck. | 你真的抓住了山鸡脖颈的绿色调 |
[23:01] | Awesome, Jane. | 厉害啊 简 |
[23:02] | Great work. | 画得好棒 |
[23:04] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[23:12] | What’s so funny? | 在笑什么 |
[23:14] | Oh, nothing, I’m just trying to paint this pheasant’s bust. You know? | 没什么 我要画这只山鸡的胸罢了 |
[23:19] | Yeah, its bust. And its ass. | 对的 画胸还要画屁股 |
[23:23] | This pheasant is thick. | 这山鸡好丰满 |
[23:28] | I don’t get it. | 我不懂 |
[23:30] | Joseph Lyman showed us the picture you gave him. | 约瑟夫·莱曼给我们看了你的画 |
[23:33] | – What? – Your nude self-portrait. | -什么 -你的裸体自画像 |
[23:36] | He showed it to everyone. | 他给所有人看了 |
[23:38] | The whole town’s seen it. | 整个镇都看了 |
[23:39] | The freaking mayor saw it. | 镇长也看到了 |
[23:43] | Why would he do that? | 他为什么要这样 |
[23:44] | Why wouldn’t he? | 有什么奇怪 |
[23:45] | Joseph’s a creep. We all know that. | 约瑟夫是变态 大家都知道 |
[23:47] | The question is, why would you expose yourself like that? | 问题是 你为什么要这么暴露 |
[23:51] | Yeah, Lavinia. Haven’t you ever heard of modesty? | 对啊 拉维妮娅 你不知道”谦逊”二字吗 |
[23:55] | Students, focus on your paintings, please. | 学生们 请专心作画 |
[23:58] | This still life demands your full attention. | 静物画需要全神贯注 |
[24:00] | Oh, my God. I love you. You are so stern. | 天啊 好喜欢你 你好严肃 |
[24:05] | Get back to work. | 继续画 |
[24:12] | Ben! Oh, you’re awake. | 本 你醒啦 |
[24:14] | Yes, I’m feeling a bit better. | 是 我感觉好多了 |
[24:16] | That’s great. How’s your throat? | 太好了 喉咙怎样了 |
[24:19] | Doesn’t hurt as much. | 没那么痛了 |
[24:21] | Is that chicken broth? | 是鸡汤吗 |
[24:22] | Yes. I just made it. Are you hungry? | 对 我刚熬的 你饿了吗 |
[24:24] | Ravenous. | 饿得要死 |
[24:27] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[24:34] | Let’s get some fresh air in here. | 透点新鲜空气吧 |
[24:37] | Yes, please. Some fresh air would do me good. | 好啊 新鲜空气会让我舒服点 |
[24:40] | – There. – And maybe that fly will go away. | -好了 -也许那只苍蝇也能飞走了 |
[24:41] | Fly? What fly? | 苍蝇 什么苍蝇 |
[24:44] | That one. | 那只 |
[24:49] | Where? | 哪里 |
[24:50] | Right… there. | 就在…那里 |
[24:52] | You hear it buzzing? | 你听到嗡嗡叫了吗 |
[24:55] | And that one. | 还有那只 |
[24:57] | And that one too. | 那边也有 |
[24:59] | They’ve been driving me crazy. | 我要被它们逼疯了 |
[25:03] | There are no flies, Ben. | 没有苍蝇啊 本 |
[25:06] | There are no flies in this house. | 我们家没有苍蝇的 |
[25:07] | Believe me, my mother wouldn’t hear of it. | 相信我 别跟我妈提这个 |
[25:09] | Flies are her mortal enemies. | 苍蝇是她的死敌 |
[25:10] | Besides, it’s winter. All the flies are gone. | 再说现在是冬天 哪会有苍蝇 |
[25:14] | Oh, this window is stuck. | 这窗户卡住了 |
[25:18] | Get them away from me! | 把它们赶走 |
[25:22] | Ben? | 本 |
[25:23] | Ben, calm down. There are no flies! | 本 你冷静 没有苍蝇 |
[25:25] | They’re everywhere! | 到处都是 |
[25:27] | – Ben, not everywhere. – They’re everywhere. | -本 没有 -到处都是 |
[25:28] | And calm down, Ben! It’s okay. Let me just get this open. | 冷静 本 没事 我来开窗 |
[26:33] | Okay. | 好了 |
[27:03] | Haven’t done this in a while. | 好久没见了 |
[27:04] | I shouldn’t be here. | 我不该来的 |
[27:06] | I should be watching over Ben. | 我应该照顾本 |
[27:08] | You mean, you’re not happy to see me? | 难道你见到我不开心 |
[27:10] | Why am I in here? | 我为什么在这里 |
[27:12] | Just relax, Emily. Let’s take a ride. | 放松 艾米莉 我们去转转 |
[27:15] | How can I relax when my friend is dying? | 我朋友快死了我怎么放松 |
[27:21] | You. | 是你 |
[27:24] | You’re the one that’s doing this to him. | 是你这么折磨他的 |
[27:26] | Who, me? | 谁 我吗 |
[27:27] | Please, don’t take him from me. | 拜托 不要带他离开我 |
[27:30] | – Please. – I take who I wanna take. | -拜托 -我带走谁我说了算 |
[27:32] | No. No, there has to be a way. | 不 不 肯定有办法的 |
[27:34] | I’ll do anything. Anything you want. | 我什么都愿意做 你想要的都可以 |
[27:38] | Right now, I want you to smile. | 现在我希望你微笑 |
[27:40] | And stop ruining our date. | 不要毁了我们的约会 |
[27:45] | I get it. You’re jealous. | 我懂了 你嫉妒了 |
[27:47] | – “Jealous”? – Yeah. | -“嫉妒” -对 |
[27:49] | You’re jealous. Because I love him. | 你嫉妒了 因为我爱他 |
[27:53] | I love him more than you. And that’s why you wanna kill him. | 我爱他胜过你 所以你想杀了他 |
[27:57] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别这么荒谬 |
[27:58] | If you want me so bad, you can have me. | 你这么想要我 你就带走我 |
[28:00] | Just don’t take him. | 不要带走他 |
[28:02] | – What are you doing? – Giving you what you want. | -你在干嘛 -让你如愿以偿 |
[28:04] | – Isn’t this what you want? – Get off me! Are you crazy? | -这不就是你想要的吗 -放开 你疯了吗 |
[28:08] | You still don’t get it, do you? | 你还不明白 对吧 |
[28:10] | This isn’t about you. | 这和你无关 |
[28:12] | You thought this was a love story between us. | 你以为我们之间是爱情故事 |
[28:15] | Some kind of romance. But it’s not. | 以为是浪漫情节 但不是 |
[28:18] | I don’t love you. You’re not special. | 我不爱你 你并不特别 |
[28:21] | Hey. Stop these horses. | 把马车停下 |
[28:25] | You don’t bargain with me, Emily Dickinson. | 你和我不能谈条件 艾米莉 |
[28:28] | I’m everything. | 我无所不能 |
[28:29] | And I’m everywhere. | 我无所不在 |
[28:31] | No one escapes me. And nobody understands me. | 没人能逃避我 没人能读懂我 |
[28:35] | Not even you. | 你也不行 |
[28:38] | Now, get out. | 下车 |