时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | nzmz818@gmail.com | 合作邮箱 |
[00:21] | 《瓦尔登湖》 林中隐居 ——亨利·大卫·梭罗 | |
[00:42] | Found you. | 可算找到你了 |
[00:44] | Please go away. | 拜托别来烦我 |
[00:46] | But I just got here. | 可我才刚到 |
[00:48] | I’m trying to be alone. | 我在试着独处 |
[00:51] | Want a drag? | 来一口吗 |
[00:54] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[00:58] | What you reading? | 你在读什么 |
[01:01] | Walden. | 《瓦尔登湖》 |
[01:02] | By Thoreau. | 梭罗写的 |
[01:03] | Have you read it? | 你读过吗 |
[01:04] | I couldn’t get through it. | 读不下去 |
[01:06] | I think it’s incredible. | 我觉得是绝妙佳作 |
[01:08] | A life of absolute solitude, alone in nature. | 一种完全与世隔绝 独栖于自然中的生活 |
[01:15] | I wanna live like that. | 我也想要这种生活 |
[01:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:19] | Because. The wilderness is… | 因为 苍茫大地 |
[01:22] | honest, trustworthy. | 真挚 坦荡 |
[01:26] | Whereas all other people do is hurt you. | 而其他人只会伤人心 |
[01:29] | Tell me who hurt you. | 告诉我谁伤你心了 |
[01:32] | Sue. | 苏 |
[01:35] | You’re still upset about her moving to Boston? | 你还在为她搬去波士顿伤心吗 |
[01:37] | I don’t wanna talk about it. | 我不想提这事 |
[01:39] | She wrote Austin a letter and still hasn’t written me back. | 她给奥斯汀写了封信 却一直没回我的信 |
[01:43] | Hey, you guys will make up. | 没事啦 你们会和好的 |
[01:44] | George, | 乔治 |
[01:46] | if you don’t mind, I just need some space right now. | 你不介意的话 就让我一个人待会吧 |
[01:51] | I need to be with my tree. | 我需要和我的大树相处一会 |
[02:01] | Looks like I’m not the only one disturbing your solitude. | 看来打扰了你独处的不止我一个 |
[02:04] | We’ve got the conditional line coming right through here. | 我们的线路要从这里直接穿过 |
[02:07] | What are they doing here? | 他们在这里干嘛 |
[02:09] | They must be surveyors. | 他们肯定是测绘员 |
[02:10] | For the railroad. | 建铁路的 |
[02:11] | Construction starts tomorrow, you know. | 明天就要开始动工了 |
[02:14] | Of course I know that, | 我当然知道 |
[02:14] | but they can’t build the railroad in our woods. | 但他们不能把铁路修到我们的树林里来 |
[02:16] | This is private property. | 这是私人财产 |
[02:19] | Maybe your dad gave them permission. | 可能你父亲允许了 |
[02:39] | Dad. You can’t do this. | 爸爸 你不能这么做 |
[02:41] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[02:42] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[02:42] | You can’t let them tear down our woods. | 你不能让他们砍了我们的树林 |
[02:46] | Is this any way to enter my office? | 你就这么冲进办公室吗 |
[02:48] | Whatever happened to a knock? | 敲下门很难吗 |
[02:49] | I’m sorry, but this is an emergency. | 抱歉 但事出紧急 |
[02:50] | They are out there right now, getting started. | 他们现在就在外面 要开始了 |
[02:53] | Of course they are. | 他们当然了 |
[02:54] | Tomorrow is the first day of construction | 明天就是阿默斯特到贝尔彻敦线 |
[02:55] | on the great Amherst Belchertown Railroad. | 伟大铁路开工第一天 |
[02:58] | You must be excited. | 你一定很激动 |
[02:59] | I know my daughters are thrilled. | 我的女儿们可都激动坏了 |
[03:01] | Now they can buy dresses from the finest dressmakers in New York. | 现在她们可以到纽约最好的裁缝那里买裙子 |
[03:05] | They’ve got a regular case of railroad fever. | 她们对铁路狂热已经成了常态 |
[03:07] | I’ve certainly got railroad fever. | 我肯定是个铁路狂热支持者 |
[03:09] | The whole town’s got railroad fever. | 整个镇子都是 |
[03:10] | Then the whole town should see a doctor, | 那全镇人都该去看医生退热 |
[03:11] | if they think anyone’s gonna run a train through our woods. | 竟然妄想火车可以穿林而过 |
[03:14] | My dear, the train will run through our woods. | 亲爱的女儿 火车就是要穿过我们的树林 |
[03:16] | It’s simply the most efficient route. | 这明显是最高效的路线 |
[03:18] | “Efficient”? | “高效” |
[03:19] | What is efficient about filling our peaceful, quiet woods | 让我们宁静安详的树林充满噪音 |
[03:22] | with noise and smoke and other people? | 烟味还有陌生人 这哪”高效”了 |
[03:25] | Emily, I’m afraid you can’t stand in the way of progress. | 艾米莉 恐怕你是挡不住这事的 |
[03:31] | The papers have already been signed. | 文件都已经签了 |
[03:32] | Do the papers say they’re allowed to cut down my tree? | 文件上有写他们能砍我的树吗 |
[03:35] | “Your tree.” | “你的树” |
[03:36] | The big oak tree. | 那棵大橡树 |
[03:37] | The one Great-Grandfather planted. | 曾祖父种下的 |
[03:39] | If it’s necessary, then yes. | 有必要的话 会砍的 |
[03:41] | Dad, please. | 爸爸 拜托 |
[03:43] | I’m begging you. | 算我求你了 |
[03:44] | I love that tree. | 我爱那棵树 |
[03:46] | I need that tree. | 我需要那棵树 |
[03:48] | It’s where I go to think, to listen. | 那是我思考和聆听内心的地方 |
[03:53] | If you let them kill that tree, you’re killing me. | 如果你让他们砍了那棵树 就是一刀砍了我 |
[03:58] | Do your daughters speak to you like this? | 你的女儿们也这么和你说话吗 |
[04:00] | Most of the time, yes. | 大多数时候没错 |
[04:01] | Well, I didn’t bring her up to behave like a mad heathen. | 我可没打算把她教养成一个不开化的疯子 |
[04:04] | Emily, I’m ashamed of you. | 艾米莉 我以你为耻 |
[04:06] | “Ashamed of me”? | “以我为耻” |
[04:08] | Why? Because I care more about our oak tree | 为什么 就因为我在意那棵橡树 |
[04:10] | than dresses from New York? | 胜过在意纽约的裙子吗 |
[04:12] | Well, I’ve also ordered a suit. | 我也订了套西服 |
[04:15] | Traitor. | 叛徒 |
[04:18] | Ithamar, I apologize. | 依塔玛尔 很抱歉 |
[04:21] | No need. | 不必 |
[04:22] | It seems my daughter has chosen to embarrass me, | 看起来我女儿决定要丢我的脸 |
[04:24] | but perhaps my son will make a better impression. | 而我的儿子倒是要争口气 |
[04:27] | Austin, I have an idea. | 奥斯汀 我有个主意 |
[04:31] | As you know, | 你也知道 |
[04:32] | the groundbreaking ceremony for the new railroad | 新铁路的动工仪式 |
[04:34] | will be held tomorrow afternoon. | 会在明天下午举行 |
[04:36] | It will be quite a to-do. The whole town will be there. | 肯定是盛况 整个镇的人都会到场 |
[04:38] | And I think it would be proper | 而我觉得我们家出一位成员 |
[04:39] | for a member of our family to make a contribution. | 来做点贡献会比较合适 |
[04:43] | What exactly were you thinking? | 那到底有什么打算 |
[04:45] | I was thinking you might write a poem. | 我想你可以作首诗 |
[04:54] | Are you sure you want me to do it? | 你确定是要我写诗吗 |
[04:56] | Of course, my dear boy. | 当然 我的乖儿子 |
[04:58] | Who else? | 舍你其谁呢 |
[05:01] | William Austin Dickinson, you are my only son. | 威廉·奥斯汀·狄金森 你可是我唯一的儿子 |
[05:04] | And you happen to be a man of rare intelligence and talent. | 而你又有着不可多得的智慧与才干 |
[05:09] | I’m sure you will rise to the occasion. | 我相信你能手到擒来 |
[05:12] | I guess I could give it a shot. | 我想我可以一试 |
[05:14] | There’s my boy. | 这才是我儿子 |
[05:16] | This will be a good thing for the Dickinsons. | 这对狄金森家族来说是件好事 |
[05:18] | Hear! Hear! | 那是自然 |
[05:19] | And as soon as that train is up and running… | 一旦铁路建成通车 |
[05:22] | I’m sure you won’t even remember that old tree. | 我敢肯定你早把那老橡树抛之脑后了 |
[05:31] | Really, her manners are appalling. | 真的 她总是举止惊人 |
[05:38] | Hey, what happened? | 怎么样了 |
[05:39] | You talk to your father? | 你和你父亲说了吗 |
[05:40] | I don’t have a father. | 我没有父亲 |
[05:41] | Or a brother. | 也没有哥哥 |
[05:42] | II don’t have anyone. | 我谁都没有 |
[05:44] | You have me. | 你还有我 |
[05:45] | I don’t want anyone, George. | 我不需要任何人 乔治 |
[05:46] | I just wanna be by myself. | 我只想一个人待着 |
[05:48] | That’s too bad. | 那可不妙 |
[05:50] | I was hoping we could hang out. | 我想我们应该出去逛逛 |
[05:51] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[05:52] | I’m going somewhere. | 我得去个地方 |
[05:53] | Where you going? | 去哪儿 |
[05:55] | To Walden. | 瓦尔登湖 |
[05:56] | All the way to Concord? Why? | 到康科德去 为什么 |
[05:58] | To find Thoreau. | 去找梭罗 |
[05:59] | I think he can help me. | 我觉得他能帮我 |
[06:01] | Help you how? | 怎么帮你 |
[06:02] | Isn’t he just a cranky old hermit? | 他不就是个古怪的老隐士吗 |
[06:04] | He is an environmentalist, George. | 梭罗是个环保主义者 乔治 |
[06:06] | He loves nature more than anyone in the world. | 他比这世上任何一个人都更热爱自然 |
[06:09] | Or at least Massachusetts. | 至少胜过马萨诸塞州的人 |
[06:11] | If I tell him what they’re about to do to my tree, | 如果我把砍树修铁路的事告诉他 |
[06:13] | I bet he’ll do something. | 他肯定会有所行动的 |
[06:15] | Maybe I can get him to write a letter of protest. | 也许我能让他写一封抗议书 |
[06:16] | And people will listen to him even if they don’t listen to me. | 那些人就算不听我的 也会听他的 |
[06:19] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[06:21] | I’ll go with you. | 我和你一起去 |
[06:23] | No. | 不行 |
[06:24] | I wanna go by myself. | 我想一个人去 |
[06:25] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[06:25] | You’re not allowed to travel by yourself. | 你不能一个人出远门 |
[06:27] | It isn’t safe. | 那不安全 |
[06:28] | A lady needs a companion. And… | 女士总需要有个伴 并且… |
[06:31] | I feel like taking a day trip. | 我想来次一日游 |
[06:34] | So much for living a life of solitude. | 想独来独往怎么这么难 |
[06:46] | *Young love* | *年轻爱不负* |
[06:48] | *Throw in some dumb luck* | *傻人有傻福* |
[06:50] | *But not scared enough* | *惊慌不会哭* |
[06:53] | *To turn around * | *不会转身就跑路* |
[06:55] | *Gotta prove* | *要证明我最酷* |
[06:58] | *We belong here* | *这是我们的领土* |
[07:00] | *Home sweet home* | *家里甜蜜家外苦* |
[07:02] | *The sirens screaming one block over* | *女妖吟唱声渐入* |
[07:05] | *’cause we’re leaving far behind all the kids from the small town* | *幼稚小鬼快走开 成熟人儿留不住* |
[07:08] | *The cheerleaders and jocks and the guy from the K-mart* | *人模人样小白领 实则幼稚傻乎乎* |
[07:10] | *Drive til the sun set didn’t get a around trip* | *开到夕阳下 无归也无惧* |
[07:13] | *I don’t need a reason I don’t need a membership* | *我不必找借口 也不要你呵护* |
[07:15] | That dress is so glam. | 这件裙子太好看了 |
[07:16] | *Walking down* | *第七大道迈大步* |
[07:17] | *7th but i’m not worried* | *张狂如我谁不服* |
[07:21] | *Bullocks Wilshire where we haunt the night like devils* | *布罗克郡鬼出没 胆大人儿都上场* |
[07:26] | *Dirty city* | *这座城生来肮脏* |
[07:27] | George, come on. | 快点啊 乔治 |
[07:28] | *City of Angels* | *亦是我温柔梦乡* |
[07:31] | *Bullocks Wilshire where we haunt the night like devils* | *布罗克郡鬼出没 胆大人儿都上场* |
[07:36] | *Dirty city* | *这座城生来肮脏* |
[07:38] | *City of Angels* | *亦是我温柔梦乡* |
[07:41] | Finally. What took you so long? | 终于来了 为什么去了这么久 |
[07:44] | I got us so many snacks. | 我买了好多零食 |
[07:45] | I’m not even hungry. | 我一点都不饿 |
[07:47] | We have a long journey ahead of us. | 还有很长的旅程呢 |
[07:48] | We need sustenance. | 我们需要补充能量 |
[07:51] | Okay, what did you get? | 你都买了什么 |
[07:52] | Peanuts. | 花生 |
[07:53] | Popcorn. | 爆米花 |
[07:54] | Gingerbread. | 姜饼 |
[07:55] | – Doughnuts. – Okay. | -甜甜圈 -好吧 |
[07:58] | Got a stomachache already. | 听着就胃疼 |
[08:00] | Also got some taffy. | 还有一些太妃糖 |
[08:01] | We already missed a carriage | 我们已经错过了一辆 |
[08:02] | that was going straight to Northampton. | 直达北安普顿的马车了 |
[08:03] | Now we have to wait for another one. | 现在我们得再等一辆 |
[08:06] | It’ll be so much more convenient | 等有了直达阿默斯特的火车 |
[08:08] | when the train comes directly to Amherst. | 就会方便太多了 |
[08:10] | “Convenient.” “Efficient.” | “方便” “高效” |
[08:12] | You know, we don’t have to speed everything up. | 不是所有事都需要快节奏的 |
[08:14] | Sometimes it’s good to slow down. | 有时候慢点来会更好 |
[08:16] | Why do you hate technology? | 你为什么这么讨厌科技 |
[08:19] | Thoreau says, “We don’t ride the railroad, the railroad rides us.” | 梭罗说 “身体在火车上飞驰 灵魂在火车下碾过” |
[08:23] | I have a feeling I’m not gonna like this guy. | 我感觉我可能不会喜欢这人 |
[08:25] | Then why are you coming to Walden? | 那你为什么要去瓦尔登湖 |
[08:27] | Because. I like being with you. | 因为我喜欢和你在一起 |
[08:37] | Is…is that… | 那…那是… |
[08:40] | Lavinia! | 拉维妮娅 |
[08:44] | I thought you were the weird one. | 我还以为你才是古怪的那个 |
[09:06] | Another letter to Sue? | 又是给苏的信吗 |
[09:08] | She can’t ignore me forever. | 她不能永远无视我 |
[09:09] | You are really invested in that friendship. | 你真的对这段友谊很投入 |
[09:11] | It is possible she did write to me, and the letter was lost. | 有可能她写了信给我 但是寄丢了 |
[09:15] | Or maybe Austin stole it. | 也有可能奥斯汀把信扣了 |
[09:17] | I wouldn’t put it past him. | 是他干得出的事 |
[09:19] | Or who knows, maybe my last letter upset her. | 谁知道呢 也许我上封信让她难过了 |
[09:22] | Why? What did you say? | 为什么 你写了什么 |
[09:24] | Only that she had me chained up in an insane asylum of love. | 唯有她 能囚我于痴狂爱恋的牢笼 |
[09:27] | If you wrote that to me, I’d be pretty psyched. | 如果你这样写给我 真会让我痴狂的 |
[09:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:34] | Do you think that Sue and Austin will still get married? | 你觉得苏和奥斯汀还会结婚吗 |
[09:37] | Not gonna be able to keep writing, am I? | 看来我是没法继续写了 对吧 |
[09:38] | I’d just like to have a conversation. | 我只是想聊聊天 |
[09:40] | We’re sitting on a train together, side by side. | 我们肩并肩坐在同一辆火车上 |
[09:42] | It just seems like an opportunity for, you know, interaction. | 适合有一点…小火花 你懂吧 |
[09:47] | We could share some laughs, | 分享欢笑 |
[09:48] | profess our undying love for each other, | 坦诚彼此无穷的爱 |
[09:51] | discuss how many children we’re gonna have. | 商量下我们会要几个孩子 |
[09:53] | Three boys, two girls? | 三个男孩 两个女孩 |
[09:55] | Fantasize about growing old together on the porch that I’m gonna build for us. | 一起想象 在我搭建的爱巢屋檐下白头偕老 |
[09:59] | You know, just to get to know each other better. | 你懂吧 只是想更了解彼此 |
[10:02] | I hope they don’t. | 我希望他们不会 |
[10:04] | What? | 什么 |
[10:06] | Austin and Sue. I hope they don’t get married. | 奥斯汀和苏 我希望他们不会结婚 |
[10:09] | Because, for Sue… | 因为…对苏来说 |
[10:12] | I think it would be like a prison. | 婚姻像是一座监狱 |
[10:14] | Why are you so anti-marriage? | 你为什么这么抵触婚姻 |
[10:17] | Some people love being married, you know. | 有些人就会享受结婚 |
[10:19] | Right. Some people called men. | 的确 但那都是男人 |
[10:21] | No, not just men. | 不 不仅是男人 |
[10:23] | If I were a man, I would definitely want a wife. | 如果我是男人 我绝对会想有个妻子 |
[10:25] | Someone to cook for me, clean for me, raise my 500 children. | 为我做饭 替我打扫 给我养一窝孩子 |
[10:30] | All while I got to do exactly what my heart desired. | 我只用追求自己的梦想就行了 |
[10:34] | You’re so cynical. | 别那么愤世嫉俗 |
[10:36] | Marriage can be comforting. | 婚姻也可以很惬意 |
[10:38] | Cozy. | 舒适的 |
[10:39] | I just think, wanting to be alone forever? | 我只是觉得 想要孤独终老 |
[10:44] | That’s weird. | 那很怪异 |
[10:45] | – People need each other to survive. – Concord, last stop. | -人类需要陪伴才能生存 -康科德 终点站 |
[10:48] | Not according to Thoreau. | 梭罗可不这样认为 |
[10:51] | Mr. And Mrs. George Gould? | 古尔德夫妇 |
[10:53] | – Yes? – No. We’re not married. | -对 -我们不是夫妻 |
[10:56] | Well, this is Concord. End of the line. | 行吧 康科德到了 终点站 |
[11:04] | Look at all this foliage. It’s gorgeous. | 看这些树叶 真是太美了 |
[11:07] | I’m so glad to be out of the city. | 很高兴终于出城了 |
[11:09] | Yeah. Let’s go peep some leaves. | 对 我们去赏叶吧 |
[11:13] | Not exactly off the grid around here. | 这里也不算完全远离喧嚣嘛 |
[11:29] | Poetry. Poetry. | 作诗 作诗 |
[11:33] | The poetry… Okay. | 作诗 |
[11:37] | Poetry. | 作诗 |
[11:41] | How do I summon the muse? | 该如何召唤缪斯[灵感] |
[11:54] | Come to me, muse. | 快来到我身边 我的缪斯 |
[12:32] | What in heaven’s name is that? | 你头上戴的是什么鬼东西 |
[12:34] | It’s my headdress. | 这是我的头饰 |
[12:37] | Why would you ever wear such a thing? | 你为什么要带着这么个东西 |
[12:41] | I wanna get abducted by Indians. | 我希望印第安人可以绑走我 |
[12:44] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍 |
[12:45] | Okay, so, the thing is, | 是这样的 |
[12:47] | I was in town today and I saw Joseph·Lyman walking | 我今天去镇上看见约瑟夫·莱曼 |
[12:49] | arm in arm with Eliza Coleman, and he straight-up ignored me. | 挽着伊莉莎·科尔曼 径直走过无视了我 |
[12:52] | And Eliza doesn’t even have ringlets. | 伊莉莎甚至都没有卷头发 |
[12:54] | And what I’m thinking is | 所以我想着 |
[12:55] | maybe I could just get kidnapped by Indians, | 如果我被印第安人绑了 |
[12:57] | and then the chief would have a really handsome son, | 然后他们的首领碰巧有个帅气儿子 |
[12:59] | and I could marry him and then be an Indian princess. | 我就可以嫁给他成为印第安公主 |
[13:02] | And then who would be laughing then, Joseph? | 到时看你还笑不笑得出来 约瑟夫 |
[13:08] | What makes you think the Indians would want you? | 为什么你觉得印第安人会想要你 |
[13:13] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[13:26] | This place is so… | 这个地方真是太 |
[13:31] | crowded. | 嘈杂了 |
[13:33] | It does seem… populated. | 这看起来的确 人口众多 |
[13:36] | This is not how he described it in the book. | 书里不是这样写的 |
[13:39] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:40] | It’s way more fun than I expected. | 这比我想象的有趣多了 |
[13:44] | I didn’t come here to have fun. | 我不是来这找乐子的 |
[13:46] | I came here to have a conversation with Thoreau. | 我来这里是为了找梭罗谈谈 |
[13:48] | And I’m starting to think that he doesn’t even live here. | 我都感觉他可能根本不住这 |
[13:50] | Are you looking for Henry? | 你在找亨利吗 |
[13:53] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[13:54] | David·Henry, actually. He switched it. | 大卫·亨利 不过他调换了姓和名 |
[13:57] | Well, of course he lives here. His cabin’s right over there. | 他当然住在这里 他的小屋就在那边 |
[14:00] | As a matter of fact, I’m his mother. | 其实 我是他的母亲 |
[14:03] | – His mother? – Yes, indeed. | -他的母亲 -是的 如假包换 |
[14:06] | We are very proud of our Henry around here. | 亨利是村里的骄傲 |
[14:09] | You must be fans of his. | 你一定是他的书迷 |
[14:11] | And I imagine you wanna get that book signed. | 我猜你是想要个签名 |
[14:15] | No, no. I don’t want to intrude on him just for that. I… | 不 不 我不想为了这么点小事叨扰他 |
[14:18] | No. Henry is always game to sign a book. | 不会 他就好签名这口 |
[14:21] | Okay, come with me and I’ll take you over there to meet him. | 行了 跟我来吧 我带你们去见他 |
[14:24] | Really? Right now? | 真的 现在 |
[14:26] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:28] | I have to pick up his laundry anyway. | 反正我也要去拿他的脏衣服 |
[14:32] | His… laundry? | 他的 脏衣服 |
[14:37] | This feels wrong. | 感觉不太好 |
[14:39] | We’re disturbing his sacred solitude. We shouldn’t have come. | 我们扰乱了他的清幽 我们不该来的 |
[14:41] | Emily, relax. | 艾米莉 放轻松 |
[14:44] | We’re here to save the tree. Remember? | 我们是为了拯救树而来的 记得吗 |
[14:46] | Yes, right, the tree. | 是 对 拯救树 |
[14:48] | He’ll understand, I know he will. | 他会理解的 我相信他会的 |
[14:52] | I go to the water. | 我走向湖泊 |
[14:55] | I go to the well. | 我走向天井 |
[14:57] | The pure, sacred water of the Ganges is intermingled with the water of Walden. | 圣洁的恒河水与瓦尔登湖水彼此交融 |
[15:05] | – Don’t. You really don’t have to. – Oh, it’s fine. | -不 你真的不必 -哦 没事 |
[15:07] | He’s just doing his yoga. | 他只是在做瑜伽 |
[15:09] | Who knocks? Mother, it’s you. | 谁在敲门 母亲 是你啊 |
[15:11] | – Henry, it’s laundry day. – Is it? | -亨利 今天是洗衣日 -是吗 |
[15:14] | I lose track of time out here in my extreme solitude. | 我沉浸于极度的孤独 对外界时间一无所知 |
[15:19] | Well, I’ve come to get your dirty clothes. | 行吧 我只是来拿你脏衣服的 |
[15:22] | And these two would like to meet you. | 然后这两个人想见你 |
[15:26] | More cheap society. | 又是些庸俗之人 |
[15:27] | – I hope we’re not disturbing you… – Hang on a minute. | -希望我们没有打扰到你 -等一下 |
[15:33] | There you go. | 给你 |
[15:34] | Is this everything? | 都在这了吗 |
[15:36] | A man only needs one set of clothes, you know. | 你要知道 男人只需要一套衣服 |
[15:39] | Despite the endless dictates of fashion. | 不论风尚如何左右世人 |
[15:42] | – And what about your checkered trousers? – They’re in the bag. | -那你的格纹长裤呢 -放袋子里了 |
[15:44] | All right, then. I’ll bring them back tomorrow. | 好吧 我洗好了明天给你带过来 |
[15:46] | Well, then wait. Take my shirt. | 等下 把我的衬衫也拿着 |
[15:49] | You’re going to entertain your guests half-naked? | 你就这么半裸着接待你的客人 |
[15:52] | These are not my guests because I didn’t even invite them. | 他们不是我的客人 因为我压根没邀请过他们 |
[15:56] | Don’t be rude, Henry. | 不要无礼 亨利 |
[16:01] | I’m so sorry, Mr. Thoreau. You must want us to leave. | 我很抱歉 梭罗先生 你一定想我们走的 |
[16:04] | Well, actually… | 其实 |
[16:06] | I was hoping I could interview you. | 我想要采访你来着 |
[16:11] | Interview me? | 采访我 |
[16:13] | For what paper? | 哪家报纸 |
[16:16] | I’m the editor of the Amherst College Literary Journal. | 我是阿默斯特学院文学日报的编辑 |
[16:20] | Many of the students at our school are great admirers of yours. | 我们学院的许多学生都很敬仰你 |
[16:25] | Would it be possible to ask you a few questions? | 能否问你几个问题呢 |
[16:27] | Don’t, George, he wants us to leave… | 别 乔治 他想让我们走 |
[16:29] | Yeah. I can make time for that. | 行啊 采访的话我有时间 |
[16:31] | Why don’t you both come in? | 你俩进来吧 |
[16:39] | I hope you’re not hungry… | 我希望你们还不饿 |
[16:42] | because all I have is beans. | 因为我只有豆子 |
[16:52] | So, my main question is… | 所以 我最想问的是 |
[16:55] | Don’t you ever get lonely? | 你从不会感到孤独吗 |
[16:58] | – Never. – Really? | -从不 -真的 |
[17:00] | I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. | 我发现大多数时候独处有益身心 |
[17:04] | To be in company, even with the best, | 与人相伴时 即使是关系最好的朋友 |
[17:06] | is soon wearisome and dissipating. | 也会很快便感到厌烦和虚无 |
[17:09] | I love to be alone. | 我喜欢独自一人 |
[17:12] | I never found a companion that was as companionable as solitude. | 孤独一直都是我最好的伴侣 |
[17:18] | I feel the same exact way. | 我完全深有同感 |
[17:20] | That’s why your book has inspired me so… | 所以你的书可以启发我… |
[17:22] | I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself | 我宁愿独自一人坐在南瓜上 |
[17:25] | than be crowded on a velvet cushion. | 也不愿和众人同挤一块天鹅绒垫子 |
[17:29] | Write that down. | 快写下来 |
[17:31] | I know just what you mean. | 我知道你的意思 |
[17:32] | You see, I have a place I like to go to be alone. | 我也有我自己的小天地 |
[17:36] | Just like you. The woods behind our house. | 就像你一样 我家后面的树林 |
[17:39] | But now they’re going to build the railroad through it. | 但他们现在要建一条穿过树林的铁轨 |
[17:41] | They’re going to cut down my favorite tree. | 他们要砍掉我最爱的树了 |
[17:46] | Is this part of the interview? | 这也是采访内容吗 |
[17:48] | I came here to ask for your help. | 我是来请求你帮忙的 |
[17:52] | I hope you don’t think I’m gonna donate to some charity. | 你不会想让我捐钱吧 |
[17:55] | Oh, no. | 不是 |
[17:56] | No. I was thinking you might… | 不 我希望你… |
[18:00] | write a letter. | 写封信 |
[18:02] | A letter? | 写信 |
[18:03] | About what? | 写什么 |
[18:04] | You see, people will listen to you. Your voice is important. | 民众信服你 你的看法很重要 |
[18:08] | And I think if you could write about our woods | 如果你能像写《瓦尔登湖》一样 |
[18:12] | as well as you wrote about Walden, | 描绘一下我们的树林 |
[18:13] | I just think people would hear it. | 我觉得人们会听进去 |
[18:15] | And then my tree could be saved. | 就能救我的树一命了 |
[18:20] | What do I care about your tree? | 我为什么要在意你的树 |
[18:23] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:25] | I thought you… | 你不是… |
[18:27] | – you said you loved the woods. – I love my woods. | -说你喜欢树林嘛 -我喜欢自己的 |
[18:30] | I’m not much interested in yours. | 对你的又没兴趣 |
[18:32] | Harsh. | 伤人 |
[18:37] | Sister, what are you doing here? | 姐姐 你来做什么 |
[18:39] | Hello, Henry, I’ve brought you some cookies. | 亨利 我给你带了些饼干 |
[18:42] | You must be bone-tired after trekking all the way here. | 你一路跋涉肯定累坏了吧 |
[18:47] | It’s really not that far. We live just a mile away. | 也没那么远啦 我们就隔了一里路 |
[18:50] | – Our dad owns a pencil factory. – Yes, | -我们父亲有家铅笔厂呢 -对 |
[18:53] | you are brave to make such a long journey into the wilderness. | 你不远千里来到荒野真是勇敢 |
[18:57] | Well, anyway, there you go. | 哎呀反正 给你 |
[18:58] | Peanut butter, your favorite. | 你最爱的花生酱 |
[19:01] | I see you have company. | 你有客人啊 |
[19:03] | I’m his sister. I live just down the… | 我是他姐姐 我就住在… |
[19:05] | Your home is far away. And you must return there now. | 你家太远了 你得赶紧回去了 |
[19:09] | Good luck on your arduous slog back to civilization. | 祝你艰难回归文明社会的路途顺利 |
[19:17] | Where were we? | 说到哪了 |
[19:19] | We were talking about solitude. | 之前聊到”孤独” |
[19:21] | Yes. | 对的 |
[19:22] | You see, solitude suits me. | 孤独很适合我 |
[19:25] | I am no more lonely than the loon that laughs so loud. | 我不比那狂笑的潜鸟孤单 |
[19:30] | Or than Walden Pond itself. | 也不抵瓦尔登湖的黯然 |
[19:32] | What company has that lonely lake, I pray? | 这寂寞之湖又以何为伴 |
[19:36] | It seems the lake has plenty of company. | 湖好像有挺多人作伴的 |
[19:38] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[19:40] | The pond is full of people. | 湖边全是人 |
[19:43] | They’re everywhere. | 到处都是 |
[19:44] | You didn’t say that in your book. | 你书里可不是这样写的 |
[19:46] | The people may be there, but I have no use for them. | 确实是有人 但他们对我无用 |
[19:50] | Right. Except for when your mom does your laundry. | 是哦 除了需要你妈帮你洗衣服 |
[19:54] | – Don’t put that in the article. – Why not? | -这别放文章里啊 -为什么 |
[19:56] | It’s the truth, isn’t it? Great writers should tell the truth. | 这不是事实吗 优秀的作家讲究事实 |
[19:59] | Are you lecturing me on writing now? What do you know about it? | 你在教我写作吗 你懂什么 |
[20:03] | – She happens to be a poet. – Really? | -她恰巧是个诗人 -是吗 |
[20:05] | Anything I would’ve read? | 有我拜读过的作品吗 |
[20:07] | No. None of it has been published. | 没有 都没有发表 |
[20:11] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[20:13] | I don’t think you do. | 我觉得你不懂 |
[20:15] | You publish your books, which are full of misinformation, | 你出版的书里满是虚假 |
[20:19] | and yet people read them. | 然而有人细读 |
[20:21] | They admire you, they interview you. | 读者仰慕你 访问你 |
[20:24] | Whereas everything I write I have to keep to myself. | 可我的作品只能自己留着 |
[20:28] | Try writing something and not showing it to anyone, | 试试写了作品却不能给他人欣赏 |
[20:30] | then you’ll know what real loneliness feels like. | 你才会懂真正的孤独滋味 |
[20:33] | – I think this interview is over. – I wish we hadn’t come. | -采访结束了 -还是不来这趟好 |
[20:35] | – I wish you hadn’t either. – You’re a dick. | -我也不想你们来 -你真是混蛋 |
[20:37] | Never meet your heroes. | 豪杰不可近观 |
[21:41] | So, I heard whisperings the poem is about me. | 听说诗是写我的 |
[21:56] | Ladies and gentlemen, I would now like to introduce my son… | 女士们先生们 我向大家介绍我的爱子 |
[22:00] | William Austin Dickinson, | 威廉·奥斯汀·狄金森 |
[22:03] | who has composed a piece of verse in tribute to this grand event. | 他为这出盛事献作了一首诗 |
[22:12] | Yeah. So… | 对 那个… |
[22:16] | I wrote a poem. | 我写了首诗 |
[22:24] | The wheels of destiny have run their course. | 命运之轮向前翻滚 |
[22:28] | Amherst is getting the iron horse. | 阿默斯特迎来铁轮 |
[22:32] | Yes, Amherst gets a train at last. | 阿默斯特终得火车 |
[22:36] | We used to go slow, but now we’ll go fast. | 便捷交通赢来赞歌 |
[22:42] | Through woods and hills the train will romp. | 穿越山坡路途弯折 |
[22:45] | We’ll build it a bridge to get over the swamp. | 修筑桥墩跨过沼泽 |
[22:48] | The train will carry all the people | 车厢容纳各方旅客 |
[22:52] | Red-skinned savages and Negroes. | 蛮人黑人皆可乘坐 |
[22:56] | So, I can’t wait to ride the train | 迫不及待想要体验 |
[23:00] | And after that I’ll ride it again. | 坐完一遍再来一遍 |
[23:04] | Again… | 再来一遍… |
[23:10] | Good rhyme at the end there. | 结尾押韵不错 |
[23:20] | I held my legs together when he was trying to be born. | 他要出生的时候我夹住了腿 |
[23:24] | Mom, what are you talking about? | 妈 你说什么呢 |
[23:26] | Because I was scared and your father wasn’t home. | 当时我很害怕 你父亲也不在家 |
[23:29] | So I held my legs together a bit too long to keep him in there. | 所以我夹住双腿不让他出来 |
[23:34] | I think now that may have been a mistake. | 我现在觉得可能犯了大错 |
[23:38] | Writing poetry is hard. | 写诗很难的 |
[23:40] | Maybe I should have asked you to cut the ribbon instead. | 早知道我应该让你来剪彩 |
[23:42] | Or maybe you should have just asked Emily. | 你就应该找艾米莉写的 |
[24:28] | I thought I’d find you here. | 就知道你在这里 |
[24:39] | I never mean to hurt you, Emily. | 我不是有意伤害你的 艾米莉 |
[24:43] | People hurt each other all the time just by proximity. | 人们相处起来就总是互相伤害 |
[24:49] | I’d say it’s the greatest danger of civilization. | 这是文明社会的最大坏处 |
[25:10] | It will cost a little extra. | 成本会稍微高点 |
[25:14] | And the ride won’t be as fast. | 车程也会长一点 |
[25:17] | But… | 但是… |
[25:24] | I will have them lay the tracks around the old fellow here. | 我会让他们绕过这棵老树铺铁轨 |
[25:36] | Hey, Dad, you know what I love about trees? | 爸爸 你知道我喜欢树什么吗 |
[25:41] | What? | 什么 |
[25:43] | The root system. | 它的根系 |
[25:45] | Under the earth. | 地面以下 |
[25:48] | It’s just as big as the tree. | 和树一样庞大 |
[25:51] | It’s like… A mirror image but hidden. | 就像… 隐秘的镜像 |
[25:58] | So, right now, you and I, we’re actually between two trees. | 我们现在其实在两棵树之间 |
[26:05] | One tree we can see… | 一棵肉眼所见 |
[26:10] | and the other upside down. | 另一棵掩入地面 |
[26:15] | Invisible. | 无人可见 |
[26:18] | Like a secret. | 就像秘密 |
[26:31] | *Did you give it away* | *你就此放弃了吗* |
[26:35] | *Did you give it away for free* | *就这样拱手相让吗* |
[26:39] | *Don’t you give it away* | *请不要轻易言弃* |
[26:42] | *Let’s try to keep it in the family* | *替自己努力争取* |
[26:43] | 歌后还有文学俗语考点 要拿诺贝尔文学奖的留下来 | |
[26:46] | *I know you know desolation* | *我知道你同孤单作伴* |
[26:51] | *Coming home with your pockets full of sand* | *游乐归家后无人相待* |
[26:54] | *I know it’s no vacation* | *我深知生活不易* |
[26:57] | *Now you’re plowing your tiny patch of land* | *耕耘那一方土地* |
[27:05] | *In a nation under your command* | *唯有此处是你自由的国度* |
[27:08] | *Did you give it away* | *你就此放弃了吗* |
[27:11] | *Yeah I gave it away* | *对啊放弃啦* |
[27:12] | *Did you give it away for free* | *就这样拱手相让吗* |
[27:16] | *What would you have us pay* | *你期待得到何种回报* |
[27:20] | *I didn’t know that your love was a commodity* | *原来你的爱也可交换* |
[27:24] | *What about appreciation* | *那欣赏又值何价* |
[27:28] | *Your charts and graphs don’t mean a thing to me* | *你的作品我一窍不通* |
[27:35] | *In your nation with its worthless currency* | *在你的国度一文不值* |
[27:39] | Mr. String Bean, how was your day? | 青豆先生 今天过得怎样 |
[27:41] | Hey, Henry, you’re the only authentic living human | 亨利 你是鲜活人类里 |
[27:45] | that lives life to the marrow. | 唯一活出精髓的人 |
[27:47] | Well, thank you. But I already know that. | 谢谢 但我早知道了 |
[27:50] | That woman was wrong about you. | 那个女人看错你了 |
[27:52] | Well, thank you very much, Mr. Cup. | 非常感谢 杯子先生 |
[27:54] | She said that you were a phony. | 她说你是骗子 |
[27:56] | But she’s the phony. | 但她才是骗子 |
[27:57] | I know that. But you know women… | 我知道的 但女人嘛… |
[28:05] | Oh, my friend! | 啊我的朋友 |