时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | nzmz818@gmail.com | 合作邮箱 |
[00:10] | Emily Dickinson was born in 1830 in Amherst, Massachusetts. | 艾米莉·狄金森1830年出生在马萨诸塞州阿默斯特镇 |
[00:15] | She lived throughout her life in her father’s house. | 她在父亲家中度过了一生 |
[00:18] | Near the end of her life, she rarely left her own room. | 在她晚年时 她足不出户 |
[00:22] | Aside from a few mostly anonymous verses, | 除了一些大多匿名发表的诗篇 |
[00:25] | she remained unpublished. | 剩下的她从未发表过 |
[00:29] | When she died, her poems were discovered. | 当她去世后 这些诗集才被发现 |
[00:32] | Some of the strangest, most fascinating poems ever written. | 不乏最奇特 最吸引人的诗篇 |
[00:37] | Almost 2,000 of them, hidden in a maid’s trunk. | 有两千多篇都藏在女佣的箱中 |
[01:24] | Emily! | 艾米莉 |
[01:27] | Emily, wake up! | 艾米莉 醒醒 |
[01:32] | You have to go fetch water. | 该你去打水了 |
[01:35] | It is four o’clock in the morning, Lavinia. | 才凌晨四点 拉维妮娅 |
[01:37] | I’m writing. | 我在写作 |
[01:38] | Mother says you have to. I did it yesterday. | 妈妈说该你打了 我昨天打了 |
[01:41] | Why doesn’t Austin do it? | 奥斯汀怎么不去 |
[01:44] | Austin is a boy. | 他是男孩 |
[01:48] | This is such bullshit. | 真是胡扯 |
[02:19] | Because I could not stop for Death. | 因为我不能停步等候死神 |
[02:22] | Stop… | 停步… |
[03:11] | We needed that water an hour ago. | 我们一小时前就要用水 |
[03:13] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[03:15] | Oh, Emily, these buckets are half empty. | 艾米莉 这些桶一半都空了 |
[03:17] | You let it all spill out. | 你都洒出来了 |
[03:19] | You are a useless girl. Useless. | 你可真没用啊 废物 |
[03:22] | Can’t we just get a maid? | 就不能请个女佣吗 |
[03:24] | Over my dead body. | 除非我死 |
[03:26] | We own six horses, Mom. I think we can get a maid. | 我们有六匹马 女佣还是请得起的 |
[03:29] | Here, Vinnie. A flower. | 温尼 给你朵花 |
[03:31] | For me? | 给我的 |
[03:32] | When your father married me, | 你父亲当年娶我时 |
[03:34] | I said he was getting the best housewife in all of Hampshire County. | 我说他可是娶到了全汉布夏尔郡最好的家庭主妇 |
[03:37] | No, in all of New England. | 不 是全新英格兰 |
[03:39] | I’d rather scrape the skin off my fingers than get a maid. | 我宁愿磨破手指也不要请女佣 |
[03:43] | And I’m bringing you girls up to be just like me. | 并且我会把你们培养成跟我一样 |
[03:46] | But I don’t really want… | 但我真的不想… |
[03:47] | You’re gonna make a good housewife one day, Emily Dickinson. | 总有一天你会成为好主妇的 艾米莉·狄金森 |
[03:50] | Now, you need to go get dressed. | 现在 你要换好衣服 |
[03:52] | We have another gentleman coming to see you. | 又有一位绅士要来见你了 |
[03:54] | A gentleman? | 一位绅士 |
[03:56] | Mom, no! | 妈 不 |
[03:57] | This man could very well be your husband. | 这位先生跟你很配 |
[04:00] | That’s so romantic. | 这也太浪漫了 |
[04:02] | Don’t pull any of those stunts like you did the last time. | 不准再像上次那样恶作剧了 |
[04:05] | I made an offering. | 我那是在示好 |
[04:06] | You dropped a dead mouse in that poor man’s lap. | 你扔了只死老鼠在那可怜人的大腿上 |
[04:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:10] | Like a cat. | 猫咪示好那样 |
[04:11] | You are not a cat, Emily. | 你不是猫 艾米莉 |
[04:14] | No. | 对 |
[04:15] | Tragically, I am a woman. | 可悲地是 我是女人 |
[04:17] | Those scones are for the suitor. | 这些司康饼是给追求者的 |
[04:21] | Why don’t I get to have any suitors? | 为什么我没有追求者 |
[04:23] | Because I’m not trying to marry you off. | 因为我还没准备把你嫁出去 |
[04:24] | You’re very good at housework. | 你非常善于家务 |
[04:26] | So, I have to die an old maid just because I can fetch water? | 因为我会打水就得当一辈子女仆吗 |
[04:29] | Life isn’t fair, Lavinia. | 生活本就不公 拉维妮娅 |
[04:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:52] | Emily, don’t do that. | 艾米莉 别这样 |
[04:54] | Hey, Emily. | 你好 艾米莉 |
[04:56] | Oh, come on. | 天呐 |
[04:57] | George. | 乔治 |
[05:01] | You have already made my daughter’s acquaintance? | 你已经认识我女儿了吗 |
[05:04] | Mom, this is George. He’s in the Lit Club with Austin. | 妈 这是乔治 他跟奥斯汀一起在文学俱乐部 |
[05:07] | We hang out, like, all the time. | 我们经常一起出去玩 |
[05:11] | Well, I was just telling George | 好吧 我刚和乔治聊到 |
[05:15] | here what an excellent wife you’re going to be. | 你会成为一个非常优秀的妻子 |
[05:18] | How frugal and punctilious you are in all of your duties. | 你做家务有多么勤俭和细心 |
[05:22] | Oh, yeah. I’m a real catch. | 对没错 我很抢手的 |
[05:25] | Sit like a lady. | 坐得淑女点 |
[05:28] | George, can I talk to you for a second outside? | 乔治 我能跟你出去说几句话吗 |
[05:31] | – Totally. – Great. | -当然能 -很好 |
[05:32] | Mom, we’ll be on the porch. Try not to spy on us. | 妈我们就在门厅 别偷看我们 |
[05:42] | You know I’m not gonna marry you, right? | 你知道我是不会嫁给你的 对吧 |
[05:45] | Never say never, Emily. | 别说太早 艾米莉 |
[05:47] | Like you wrote in your poem, “I dwell in Possibility.” | 就像你诗里写的 ”我栖身于无穷可能” |
[05:50] | Nice. | 很好 |
[05:52] | I love when people quote me. | 我喜欢有人引用我的诗 |
[05:54] | Why won’t you marry me? | 你为什么不嫁给我 |
[05:56] | You don’t understand. I’m not gonna marry anyone. | 你不懂 我不会嫁任何人 |
[05:59] | That’s not what your mother says. | 你妈妈可不是这么说的 |
[06:01] | I have one purpose on this Earth, | 我在这世上只有一个目标 |
[06:04] | and that is to become a great writer. | 就是成为一个伟大的诗人 |
[06:08] | A husband would put a stop to that. | 嫁人会阻碍我的 |
[06:11] | I wouldn’t. | 我不会啊 |
[06:14] | You say that now. | 你现在是这么说 |
[06:17] | But little by little you would. | 慢慢地你就会了 |
[06:19] | I’m madly in love with you. | 我爱你爱得痴狂 |
[06:22] | Too bad. | 真不幸 |
[06:23] | Is there someone else? | 你爱上别人了吗 |
[06:25] | Yes, actually. | 是的 |
[06:27] | Who is he? I’ll kill him. | 他是谁 我要杀了他 |
[06:29] | You can’t kill him. | 你杀不了 |
[06:32] | He is Death. | 他是死神 |
[06:34] | What? | 什么 |
[06:36] | I’m in love with Death. | 我与死神相爱 |
[06:38] | He takes me out for a carriage ride every night. | 他每晚带我坐马车出去 |
[06:40] | He’s such a gentleman. | 他非常绅士 |
[06:42] | Sexy as hell. | 同时也性感得要命 |
[06:51] | You are such a weirdo. | 你可真古怪 |
[06:54] | Why am I so attracted to you? | 但为什么还这么吸引我 |
[07:01] | I’d do anything for you. | 我愿为你做任何事 |
[07:03] | Well, there is one thing you could do. | 好吧 的确有件事需要你 |
[07:08] | Name it. | 说吧 |
[07:09] | You’re still editor of the lit mag, right? | 你还是文学杂志的编辑 对吧 |
[07:12] | Well, co-editor. | 是合作编辑 |
[07:14] | But yes. | 但也算编辑 |
[07:22] | I want you to publish this. | 我想让你发表这个 |
[07:25] | Okay. You’re finally gonna let me publish one of your poems? | 好啊 你终于同意让我发表你的诗了 |
[07:28] | Well, I’m not sure it’s ready, but yes, I… | 我不太确定 但没错 我… |
[07:30] | This is perfect timing. | 现在是完美时机 |
[07:32] | We have a little space in our newest issue. | 最新一期杂志上还有版面 |
[07:33] | – Really? – I can sneak this in. | -真的吗 -我可以偷偷放上去 |
[07:35] | It goes to print tomorrow. | 明天就会印刷出来 |
[07:36] | – Tomorrow? Really? – Tomorrow. | -明天 真的吗 -对明天 |
[07:38] | Everyone will know the name Emily Dickinson. | 大家都会知道艾米莉·狄金森了 |
[07:43] | Okay, but wait. | 好吧 等一下 |
[07:44] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[07:45] | You can’t print my name. | 你不能印我的名字 |
[07:47] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[07:49] | Because my father doesn’t approve of women publishing. | 因为我父亲反对女性公开发表文章 |
[07:51] | Oh, come on. | 我的老天 |
[07:53] | That’s stupid. | 这太愚蠢了 |
[07:54] | You’re a genius, Emily. He has to approve of that. | 你可是天才 艾米莉 他必须支持你 |
[08:00] | Couldn’t you just put my initials or “Anonymous” or something? | 不能只署名缩写或”佚名”之类的吗 |
[08:03] | No. No way. | 不 不行 |
[08:05] | You deserve credit. | 这份荣誉非你莫属 |
[08:06] | And you should stand up to your father. | 而且你应该反抗你父亲 |
[08:10] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[08:13] | Just do it. Just do it. | 就这么做 就这么做吧 |
[08:16] | Publish it with my name and everything. | 用我的名字发表这首诗 |
[08:20] | Thank you, George. | 谢谢你 乔治 |
[08:21] | Any time, Miss Dickinson. | 乐意效劳 狄金森小姐 |
[08:35] | That was a disaster. | 真是场灾难 |
[08:37] | Yes, Emily. | 是啊 艾米莉 |
[08:38] | You ruined it again. | 你又搞砸了 |
[08:39] | She didn’t ruin it. They were kissing. I saw. | 她没搞砸 他们接吻了 我亲眼所见 |
[08:43] | Kissing? | 接吻 |
[08:44] | My God, what is wrong with you? | 我的天呐 你脑子坏掉了吗 |
[08:46] | You’re the one that keeps throwing me at these men. | 是你一直把我推向这些臭男人的 |
[08:49] | I’m not throwing you. | 我可没强迫你 |
[08:50] | Yes, you are. It’s humiliating. | 是的 你有 这太丢人了 |
[08:52] | You’d pawn me off on a widower,a cripple. | 哪怕是个鳏夫 瘸子 |
[08:54] | Anyone who would take me. | 谁肯娶我你都愿意 |
[08:56] | The whole town of Amherst knows how bad you wanna get rid of me. | 整个阿默斯特都知道你有多想摆脱我 |
[08:59] | What’s all this fuss? | 在这吵什么呢 |
[09:02] | Mother’s trying to disown me again. | 妈妈又试图和我断绝关系了 |
[09:06] | I was married at 18, Emily. | 我18岁就结婚了 艾米莉 |
[09:08] | It’s high time for you to get a husband. | 现在是时候给你找一个丈夫了 |
[09:10] | And move out, you mean? | 然后搬出去 对吗 |
[09:12] | Well, yes. That is what happens when a girl gets married. | 是的 女孩子结了婚就应该这样 |
[09:15] | Why doesn’t anyone care if I get a husband? | 为什么没有人关心我能不能嫁出去呢 |
[09:17] | Emily doesn’t have to marry anyone as far as I’m concerned. | 在我看来 艾米莉不用非得嫁出去 |
[09:22] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[09:23] | Jesus, at least somebody around | 天呐 家里终于有个人 |
[09:24] | here isn’t trying to kick me out of the family. | 不想把我赶出家门了 |
[09:26] | So, you would just have her stay here in our house till kingdom come? | 所以你想让她一直闭门家中 孤独终老 |
[09:31] | – Doing nothing all day? – I do plenty. | -整天无所事事 -我做很多事啊 |
[09:34] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[09:35] | I’m the one that found all those birds’ nests. | 是我发现了这些鸟巢 |
[09:41] | All right, ladies, time to clear out | 好了 女士们 退下吧 |
[09:43] | so I can enjoy my pipe and newspaper in peace, huh? | 该让我安安静静地享受我的烟斗和报纸了 |
[09:47] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[09:48] | It’s time for us to get back to the kitchen anyway. | 反正我们也该回到厨房了 |
[09:50] | Girls, come with me. | 跟我走 姑娘们 |
[09:52] | Do I have to? | 非要我去吗 |
[09:54] | You have a bad attitude, young lady. | 你这态度非常差啊 小姐 |
[09:56] | I just don’t wanna do chores 24 hours a day. | 我可不想一天二十四小时都在做家务 |
[10:00] | And what would you do instead? | 那你想干什么呢 |
[10:04] | I would just… think. | 我只想 思考 |
[10:08] | Let her have a break, Mother. | 让她歇歇吧 妈妈 |
[10:10] | It’s all right. | 没关系的 |
[10:12] | Thanks, Daddy. | 谢谢爸爸 |
[10:14] | You’re my hero. | 你是我的大英雄 |
[10:19] | You just love taking her side, don’t you? | 你就喜欢站在她那边 是不是 |
[10:22] | You’re gonna regret it. She’s wild. | 总有一天你会后悔的 她太不规矩了 |
[10:24] | She doesn’t know how to behave like a proper young lady, | 她根本不知道该如何当一个淑女 |
[10:26] | and she’ll be the ruin of this family. | 她会毁了这个家 |
[10:37] | *Get it, text a message, I don’t know the number* | *收到讯息 但我不认识对方* |
[10:41] | *Flexin’ on these niggas, every bone and muscle* | *我的身体比常人强壮敏捷* |
[10:44] | *Steady taking shots, but never hurting numbers* | *瞄准目标 不伤及他人* |
[10:47] | *Even then, y’all don’t worry nothin’* | *所以无需担心* |
[10:49] | *Get it* | *懂吗* |
[10:54] | What up, Sis? | 干嘛呢 姐姐 |
[10:56] | Nothing, Bro. Just chilling. | 没干嘛 弟弟 吹吹风罢了 |
[10:58] | Heard you turned down another suitor. | 听说你又拒绝了一位追求者 |
[11:00] | Yeah. Wasn’t into it. | 是啊 我没感觉 |
[11:02] | Well, on the subject of marriage, I have some news. | 说到结婚 我有个消息要宣布 |
[11:07] | What news? | 什么事 |
[11:08] | I proposed to Sue. | 我向苏求婚 |
[11:10] | And she said yes. | 她答应了 |
[11:13] | Yes! | 好 |
[11:16] | Yes! | 就是那儿 |
[11:19] | What? | 什么 |
[11:20] | You can’t marry Sue! | 你不能和苏结婚 |
[11:22] | – Why not? – Austin, she’s my best friend. | -为什么不行 -她是我最好的朋友 奥斯汀 |
[11:24] | Look, Emily, don’t get all crazy right now. | 听着 艾米莉 别发疯了 |
[11:27] | It’s not a good time. | 这不是开玩笑的时候 |
[11:28] | Sue’s sister, Mary, is dead. | 苏的姐姐玛丽死了 |
[11:30] | What? | 什么 |
[11:31] | But… she was the healthy one. | 她明明很健康的啊 |
[11:33] | I know. But then she got typhus and died, like all the others. | 是啊 但她得伤寒死了 和家里其他人一样 |
[11:37] | Jesus. Poor Sue. | 天呐 可怜的苏 |
[11:39] | Yeah, so just… be respectful of her situation. Okay? | 是啊 所以考虑下她的处境 好吗 |
[11:43] | You don’t have to tell me to be respectful of my best friend. | 轮不到你教我照顾我挚友的处境 |
[11:47] | Be respectful of the woman who’s going to be my wife. | 那就尊重一下要成为我妻子的这个女人 |
[12:00] | Well, we are very happy for you. | 我们非常为你们开心 |
[12:03] | I mean, we’re very sorry about your sister, Sue. | 当然 我们也为你姐姐感到难过 苏 |
[12:08] | But we’re very happy you two shall wed. | 但我们很高兴你俩要结婚了 |
[12:12] | So, Austin, what are your plans? | 所以你们的计划是什么 奥斯汀 |
[12:14] | Oh, yes, dear, tell us. | 是啊 亲爱的 快告诉我们 |
[12:16] | Well, obviously, nothing is decided yet, but… | 现在一切还没有定论 |
[12:20] | there is a firm in Michigan, | 密歇根有一家律所 |
[12:23] | and they have offered me a position. | 他们给我提供了一个职位 |
[12:27] | And Sue has a cousin there, so… | 而且苏在那里有个表亲 所以 |
[12:32] | So what? | 然后呢 |
[12:34] | So we’re thinking of moving to Detroit. | 所以我们在考虑搬到底特律去 |
[12:40] | I’m pretty psyched about it, actually. | 说实话 我还挺喜欢这个计划的 |
[12:43] | I don’t think so. | 我不同意 |
[12:45] | You shall join my firm and remain here in Amherst. | 你应该加入我的律所并留在阿默斯特 |
[12:49] | But, Father, like I just said, | 但是 父亲 就像我刚说的 |
[12:52] | I wanna go out west. | 我想去西部 |
[12:53] | Nonsense, we can’t have you living so far. | 一派胡言 我们不能让你住那么远 |
[12:55] | This is Amherst. You’re a Dickinson. | 这里是阿默斯特 你是狄金森家的人 |
[12:57] | Your grandfather lived here and | 你的祖父就住在这里 |
[12:58] | his father before that, right here in this house. | 还有他的父亲 就在这座房子里 |
[13:01] | So what do you expect? Sue and I will get married and live upstairs? | 你是怎么想的 苏和我结婚后就住在楼上吗 |
[13:04] | Of course not. Don’t be absurd. | 当然不是 别傻了 |
[13:06] | – You shall live next door. – Next door? | -你可以住隔壁 -隔壁 |
[13:08] | What? | 什么 |
[13:09] | What, in the Irish shanties? | 住在爱尔兰棚屋里 |
[13:11] | With the stable boys? | 和那些马童一起 |
[13:13] | Austin, collect yourself. | 奥斯汀 注意你的言行 |
[13:15] | The lot adjacent has come up for sale. I mean to purchase it. | 旁边的地产出售了 我打算买下来 |
[13:18] | We shall build you a house. | 我们会给你盖栋房子 |
[13:20] | The most modern and most elegant of homes. | 最时髦最优雅的那种房屋 |
[13:23] | You shall oversee the design yourselves. | 你可以自己监督设计 |
[13:25] | It shall be built by the fall. | 秋天就能完工 |
[13:27] | Consider it a wedding gift. | 当做是结婚礼物 |
[13:29] | Austin. | 奥斯汀 |
[13:32] | Look. | 你看 |
[13:35] | What? | 什么 |
[14:21] | Is this some kind of joke? | 这是在开玩笑吗 |
[14:23] | You’re marrying my brother. Are you insane? | 你要嫁给我弟弟 你疯了吗 |
[14:25] | What else was I supposed to do, Emily? My entire family is dead. | 不然我还能怎么办呢 艾米莉 我的家人全都死了 |
[14:29] | Yes, I know, and I feel terrible about that. | 我知道 为此我很难过 |
[14:31] | But Austin? | 但是奥斯汀 |
[14:34] | You don’t even like him! | 你根本不喜欢他 |
[14:35] | You told me you don’t respect his intellect. | 你跟我说过你看不上他的才智 |
[14:38] | Besides, I thought we were never getting married. | 而且我还以为我们永远都不会嫁人呢 |
[14:41] | I thought that we were gonna grow up and become great writers together. | 我以为我们会一起长大 成为伟大的作家 |
[14:43] | That’s a stupid promise we made when we were 14 years old. | 那是我们14岁时许下的愚蠢承诺 |
[14:47] | And even then I knew it was a lie. I’m not like you, Emily. | 我那时就知道不可能 我不像你 艾米莉 |
[14:51] | I didn’t grow up with money. | 我没有含着金汤匙出生 |
[14:53] | I don’t have your perfect life. | 我没有你的完美生活 |
[14:57] | You think my life is perfect? | 你觉得我的生活很完美 |
[15:01] | Do you even know me? | 你真的了解我吗 |
[15:03] | I’m all alone in this world. | 我在这世上孤身一人 |
[15:06] | I’m destitute. | 我一无所有 |
[15:08] | If I don’t marry Austin, I will literally starve to death. | 如果我不嫁给奥斯汀 我真的会饿死 |
[15:24] | I’m sorry about Mary. | 玛丽的事我很难过 |
[15:29] | I really liked her. | 我很喜欢她 |
[15:32] | Yeah, I liked her too. She was my favorite sister. | 我也是 她是我最喜欢的姐姐 |
[15:36] | Well, I guess, since you’re marrying Austin… | 既然你要嫁给奥斯汀 |
[15:42] | I’ll be your sister now. | 我现在也是你的姐姐了 |
[15:49] | Promise me something, Sue. | 答应我 苏 |
[15:52] | Okay, promise me two things. | 答应我两件事 |
[15:57] | One. | 第一 |
[15:59] | That you won’t move away to Michigan. | 你不会搬去密歇根 |
[16:04] | And…two… | 第二 |
[16:10] | That you’ll always love me more than him. | 你爱我永远比爱奥斯汀更多 |
[16:14] | As far as the first one goes, | 第一件事的话 |
[16:17] | it’s really Austin’s decision. | 全看奥斯汀怎么决定 |
[16:22] | But as far as the second… | 至于第二件 |
[16:25] | Yeah? | 怎么样 |
[16:31] | I wouldn’t worry too much about that one. | 我认为不用太担心 |
[16:47] | *Don’t promise me too much.* | *不要给我太多承诺* |
[16:50] | *No, I rather you don’t.* | *我宁愿你没有* |
[16:59] | *You don’t have to speak.* | *无需言语* |
[17:02] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[17:02] | *Just keep me company.* | *只要你伴我左右* |
[17:11] | *Be mine.* | *和我以心相许* |
[17:23] | – Sue. – Sue. | -苏 -苏 |
[17:25] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[17:26] | Excuse me. Sue! | 借过 苏 |
[17:28] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[17:54] | Emily, what are you looking at? | 艾米莉 你在看什么 |
[17:57] | Death. | 死神 |
[18:07] | Never mind, Lavinia. | 没什么 拉维妮娅 |
[18:09] | Okay. Let’s go home. | 好吧 我们回家吧 |
[18:13] | That was a lovely funeral, don’t you think? | 这是个很凄美的葬礼 你觉得呢 |
[18:15] | Mine’ll be better. | 我的会更好 |
[18:17] | You could had any girl in town, | 你可以娶镇上的任何姑娘 |
[18:20] | and you picked Sue Gilbert? | 却娶了苏·吉尔伯特 |
[18:22] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:23] | I think it’s because she’s the only one who didn’t want me. | 我想是因为她是唯一一个不想嫁给我的 |
[18:26] | Well, I can relate to that. | 我能理解你 |
[18:27] | Your sister’s still playing hard to get. | 你姐姐还装得一副很难追求的样子 |
[18:30] | “Hard to get.” That’s a nice way of putting it. | “很难追求”是说得好听 |
[18:33] | – She’s a freak. – She’s a genius. | -她是个怪人 -她是个天才 |
[18:34] | So sick of people saying that. | 我非常讨厌别人这么说 |
[18:41] | Hello, ladies. | 你们好 女士们 |
[18:42] | What are you doin’ here, George? | 你在这里做什么 乔治 |
[18:45] | Sue, come here. I wanna talk to you about something. | 苏 过来 我要跟你说点事 |
[18:51] | Well, babe, it’s done. | 宝贝 搞定了 |
[18:54] | Your poem. It’s in The Indicator. | 你的诗要在《指向标》上发表了 |
[18:56] | Right next to a thing I wrote about Percy Shelley. | 就在我关于珀西·雪莱的文章旁边 |
[18:58] | The printers have it. It’ll be out next week. | 已经送去印刷厂了 下周就会发售 |
[19:02] | You’re a little bit famous now, Emily Dickinson. | 你现在可有点名气了 艾米莉·狄金森 |
[19:07] | Emily? What’s wrong? | 艾米莉 怎么了 |
[19:10] | I’m just… | 我只是有点 |
[19:13] | scared. | 害怕 |
[19:14] | You? | 你害怕 |
[19:15] | You’re not afraid of anything. | 你什么也不怕 |
[19:17] | You’re absolutely fearless. | 你无所畏惧 |
[19:25] | I just don’t know how my father will react. | 我只是不知道我父亲会作何反应 |
[19:27] | Seriously? Come on. | 你认真的 拜托 |
[19:29] | He has to know how brilliant you are. | 他必须知道你多有才华 |
[19:32] | And that’s not something he’d wanna stand in the way of. | 他不会阻止你成为诗人的 |
[19:35] | Is it? | 不是吗 |
[19:41] | Emily! | 艾米莉 |
[19:43] | Emily! | 艾米莉 |
[19:44] | Come make dinner! | 回家做晚饭了 |
[19:48] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[19:52] | Thanks again, George. | 再次感谢你 乔治 |
[20:24] | A wonderful chicken, Mrs. Dickinson. | 这鸡肉真不错 狄金森夫人 |
[20:26] | Oh, yes, it really is delicious, mother. | 是的 非常好吃 母亲 |
[20:29] | Well, thank your sisters. They helped. | 感谢你的姐姐们 她们帮着做的 |
[20:32] | One of us did. | 只有一人出力了 |
[20:33] | – Girls. – Now, now, listen here. | -姑娘们 -各位请听我说 |
[20:37] | I have a rather exciting announcement. | 我有个激动人心的消息要宣布 |
[20:39] | As you know, in addition to running my successful law practice, | 如你们所知 我除了是位成功的律师 |
[20:43] | as well as maintaining my position as treasurer of Amherst College, | 还掌管着阿默斯特学院的财政 |
[20:47] | I have served two terms in the Massachusetts House of Representatives. | 是两任马萨诸塞州众议院议员 |
[20:51] | Well, now I have my eye on something bigger. | 现在 我要把志向放得远大一点 |
[20:56] | I’ve decided to run for Congress. | 我决定竞选国会议员 |
[20:59] | – Father, that’s marvelous. – Way to go, Dad. | -父亲 这太棒了 -非常好 父亲 |
[21:01] | Thank you. I appreciate your enthusiasm. | 谢谢 很感谢你们支持我 |
[21:04] | Your mother was quite opposed to the idea. | 你们母亲非常反对我这么做 |
[21:05] | Well, I just don’t want you away from home so much. | 我只是不想你经常离家 |
[21:09] | Candidates are always moving about. | 国会议员参选人经常到处跑 |
[21:10] | Well, we’ve gotta get out the vote, now, don’t we? | 我们现在就要开始动员投票 不是吗 |
[21:13] | The vote and the message. | 动员投票 传达参选信息 |
[21:14] | Father, are you an abolitionist? | 父亲 你支持废除奴隶制吗 |
[21:17] | Oh, no, I wouldn’t say that. | 不 我不算支持 |
[21:18] | I don’t take any kind of radical position. | 我不站在任何激进的立场 |
[21:23] | I think slavery is wrong, of course. | 我当然觉得奴隶制是错误的 |
[21:26] | But I also believe in compromise. | 但我也相信中庸之道 |
[21:27] | I certainly don’t think it’s something we ought to go to war over. | 我当然不觉得我们要因为奴隶制打仗 |
[21:31] | – Very sensible, dear. – Yes. | -非常明智 亲爱的 -是的 |
[21:33] | Sometimes I feel like a slave. | 有时候我觉得我也是奴隶 |
[21:37] | You are a spoiled girl from Amherst, Emily. | 你可是小镇娇生惯养的女孩 艾米莉 |
[21:40] | Far from a slave. | 和奴隶相去甚远 |
[21:41] | It’s a messy business, | 竞选是件麻烦事 |
[21:43] | but we must keep the Union together at all costs. | 但是我们要不计代价团结同盟成员 |
[21:46] | That’s my platform. | 这是我的平台 |
[21:48] | That and let’s bring the railroad to Amherst. That too. | 除了这个 还要把铁路修到阿默斯特 |
[21:52] | Oh, the railroad? That’s fancy. | 铁路啊 很棒的 |
[21:54] | Yes, Lavinia, if I’m elected, | 是的 拉维妮娅 如果我当选了 |
[21:56] | you will hear a train whistle outside your bedroom window. | 你就能听到卧室窗外传来火车汽笛声 |
[22:00] | That sounds like a nightmare. | 这简直像噩梦一样 |
[22:01] | Yes, well, congratulations, Father. | 好了 祝贺你 父亲 |
[22:04] | Now, we have an announcement to make as well. | 我们也有消息要宣布 |
[22:07] | Sue and I have discussed it | 苏和我讨论过了 |
[22:10] | and we’ve decided we’re not moving to Detroit. | 我们决定不搬去底特律 |
[22:14] | – We’re staying here in Amherst with the family. – Excellent. | -我们要和家人一起住在阿默斯特 -太棒了 |
[22:16] | This is wonderful news. | 这真是个好消息 |
[22:18] | – Hooray! – Excellent. | -棒啊 -太好了 |
[22:19] | You can hold the firm together while I’m off running my campaign. | 我去拉选票的时候 你可以帮忙打理律所 |
[22:22] | And we’ll have a big, lovely wedding. | 我们还要办一场美丽盛大的婚礼 |
[22:24] | We’ll invite all the Dickinson and Norcross cousins. | 邀请所有狄金森和诺克罗斯家的表亲来 |
[22:27] | And, Sue, of course, your whole family will come. | 当然 苏的全家人也都会来 |
[22:30] | My whole family is dead. | 我全家人都死了 |
[22:35] | Well, it’ll still be very nice. | 婚礼还是会很棒 |
[22:38] | Yes, Emily, what is it? | 艾米莉 怎么了 |
[22:40] | I also have an announcement. | 我也有消息要宣布 |
[22:43] | It’s not… | 不是… |
[22:45] | It’s not anything crazy, you know. | 不是什么大事 |
[22:47] | compared to Congress and getting married and what have you. | 比不上国会竞选 结婚之类的 |
[22:52] | Okay, well, what is it then? | 那是什么事 |
[22:59] | A poem that I wrote… | 我写的一首诗 |
[23:04] | will be published in the college magazine. | 要在学院杂志发表了 |
[23:16] | I don’t think I heard you correctly. | 我好像没听清 |
[23:21] | Would you say that again? | 请你再说一次 |
[23:25] | My… my poem… | 我的… 我的诗 |
[23:28] | will be published. | 要发表了 |
[23:30] | How dare you. | 胆真大 |
[23:32] | Have I or have I not made myself quite clear that I do not approve of | 我有没有明确告诫过你 |
[23:37] | a woman seeking to build herself a literary reputation, Emily? | 女人不准成为文人 艾米莉 |
[23:41] | And now you’ve gone and done it! | 你还是一意孤行 |
[23:44] | Is there any way to stop this? | 有办法阻止吗 |
[23:47] | It’s already gone to print. | 已经在印了 |
[23:49] | My God. You wicked girl. Your mother was right. | 天啊 忤逆女 你母亲说的对 |
[23:52] | We have given you too much freedom | 我们太纵容你了 |
[23:54] | and now you have taken advantage of our kindness. | 你开始滥用我们的宽容 |
[23:57] | And this is a bad time, Emily. | 时机也很不当 艾米莉 |
[23:58] | This is a very bad time indeed | 在如此不合适的时机 |
[24:00] | for you to exhibit such scandalous behavior! | 做这种出格的可耻行为 |
[24:03] | My God! | 老天 |
[24:05] | You will ruin the good name of Dickinson. | 你会毁掉狄金森家族的名声 |
[24:12] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[24:19] | The Dickinsons have lived in Amherst for 200 years. | 狄金森家族在阿默斯特镇住了两百年 |
[24:22] | We’ve made this town what it is. | 我们成就了这个小镇 |
[24:24] | Everybody knows that. | 众人皆知 |
[24:26] | But your grandfather… | 但你的祖父 |
[24:30] | he was a drunk and a debtor. | 酗酒又欠债 |
[24:32] | And he practically squandered everything | 祖先呕心沥血积累的财富 |
[24:34] | that my ancestors worked so hard to build. | 被他挥霍得一干二净 |
[24:37] | I’ve spent my life cleaning up his mess! | 我这辈子都在清理他的烂摊子 |
[24:40] | I’ve scrimped and I’ve sacrificed. | 我省吃俭用牺牲自己 |
[24:42] | And I will not have my efforts undone by my own daughter, damn it! | 我不会让亲女儿毁掉我的心血 混账 |
[24:47] | This foolishness of yours, we will have no more of it! | 你的愚蠢行为 我们不会再放任 |
[24:51] | You will tend to your duties as your mother does. | 学你母亲尽好自己的本职 |
[24:53] | You have much room for improvement there. | 你在家务上要改进的还很多 |
[24:56] | You see? | 明白吗 |
[24:57] | You see, this plate is chipped. You see? | 这盘子有缺口 看到了吗 |
[25:01] | You set the table, didn’t you? | 你布置的餐桌对吧 |
[25:06] | Do you mean to give the master of the house a chipped plate? | 你故意给一家之主烂盘子的吗 |
[25:13] | For your punishment, you will clean up in here. | 作为惩罚 把这里收拾干净 |
[25:16] | And in the kitchen. | 还有厨房 |
[25:20] | Alone. | 一个人收 |
[26:06] | *What do you want from me* | *你于我有何求* |
[26:08] | *Why don’t you run from me* | *何不逃离此地* |
[26:10] | *What are you wondering* | *心存什么疑问* |
[26:12] | *What do you know* | *知晓什么秘密* |
[26:14] | *Why aren’t you scared of me* | *为何不曾惧怕* |
[26:15] | Nice to see you. | 幸会 |
[26:15] | *Why do you care for me* | *甚至关怀有加* |
[26:18] | *When we all fall asleep where do we go* | *你我沉睡后 何处寻归宿* |
[26:18] | You were late. | 你迟到了 |
[26:21] | Most people would be glad if I never came. | 大多数人盼着我永远不到 |
[26:25] | Not me. | 我不是 |
[26:27] | I always wanna see you. | 我一直想见你 |
[26:35] | So, your poem’s gonna get published. | 你的诗要发表了 |
[26:41] | No. | 不 |
[26:42] | My dad won’t allow it. | 我父亲不允许 |
[26:44] | I thought you said it was too late to stop it. | 你不是说无法阻止了 |
[26:47] | My father will burn every copy if he has to. | 我父亲不得已的话会烧掉每份刊物 |
[26:50] | Anything to prevent me from “Ruining the good name of Dickinson.” | 只要能避免我”毁掉狄金森家族的名声” |
[26:54] | My darling… | 亲爱的 |
[26:58] | you’ll be the only Dickinson they talk about in 200 years. | 两百年后还被人谈及的”狄金森”唯有你 |
[27:03] | I promise you that. | 我向你保证 |
[27:05] | Even if my poems are never published? | 诗没能发表也会吗 |
[27:07] | Publicity is not the same thing as immortality. | 纸上有名和永生可不是一回事 |
[27:12] | Immortality is nothing. | 永生不算什么 |
[27:14] | All it takes is being very good and well-behaved | 善良待人安分守己 |
[27:16] | and then you go to heaven. | 就能进天堂 |
[27:19] | See, that’s not the kind I mean. | 我不是这个意思 |
[27:22] | Your type of immortality won’t come from you following the rules. | 循规蹈矩不能成就你的不朽 |
[27:25] | It’s gonna come from you breaking them. | 打破规矩才可以 |
[27:31] | When will you come for me? | 你什么时候来接我 |
[27:34] | I come for you every night, my darling. | 我每晚都来啊 亲爱的 |
[27:37] | Not just for a ride. | 不只是搭我一程 |
[27:39] | To take me away from this place. | 是带我离开这个世界 |
[27:46] | Not for many, many years. | 还要过很多年 |
[27:49] | *Step on the glass, staple your tongue* | *如履薄冰 守口如瓶* |
[27:53] | *Bury a friend, try to wake up* | *埋葬挚友 投身清醒* |
[27:57] | *Cannibal class, killing the son* | *食人之快 弑子之乐* |
[28:01] | Why do you always take so long? | 为什么你总是很久才来 |
[28:05] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[28:07] | I’m busy. | 我很忙 |
[28:09] | You’re always busy. | 你总在忙 |
[28:12] | And soon I shall be more so. | 之后我将更忙碌 |
[28:15] | There’s a war brewing, you know. | 有场战争正在萌芽 |
[28:17] | A big one. | 大战 |
[28:20] | 美国内战 狄金森创作高峰期 | |
[28:20] | One that shall divide this nation. | 分裂这个国家的战争 |
[28:23] | *What do you want from me* | *你于我有何求* |
[28:25] | *Why don’t you run from me* | *何不逃离此地* |
[28:27] | *What are you wondering* | *心存什么疑问* |
[28:29] | *What do you know* | *知晓什么秘密* |
[28:31] | *Why aren’t you scared of me* | *为何不曾惧怕* |
[28:33] | *Why do you care for me* | *甚至关怀有加* |
[28:35] | *When we all fall asleep where do we go* | *你我沉睡后 何处寻归宿* |
[29:13] | Another fight with Dad, huh? | 又和父亲吵架了吧 |
[29:18] | Don’t be too hard on him, Em. | 不要这么为难他 艾米 |
[29:21] | I know he can be tough, but he only wants to protect us. | 他确实严厉 但他是想保护我们 |
[29:29] | Can I tell you a secret? | 告诉你个秘密吧 |
[29:32] | I’m happy we’re not moving to Detroit. | 不用搬去底特律 我很开心 |
[29:34] | I feel better here, with the family. | 和家人在一起我更自在 |
[29:40] | Emily, get to bed. | 艾米莉 去睡觉 |
[29:42] | We need you up bright and early tomorrow. | 你明天要早起 |
[29:44] | Another suitor is coming. | 另一位追求者会来 |
[29:46] | Great. | 真好 |
[29:48] | Who is it this time? | 这次是谁 |
[29:49] | A pig farmer from South Hadley. | 南哈德利来的养猪户 |
[29:53] | Sexy. | 迷人 |
[30:14] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[30:17] | Emily, are you awake? | 艾米莉 还醒着吧 |
[30:19] | Yes, Father. | 是的 父亲 |
[30:23] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[30:25] | Yes, you may. | 请进 |
[30:50] | You just can’t know how I worry about you children. | 你不明白我有多担心你们 |
[30:59] | Oh, Father. | 父亲 |
[31:05] | Father, what is it? Don’t… | 父亲 怎么了 不要… |
[31:07] | Don’t cry. | 不要哭 |
[31:14] | I just don’t want to lose you. | 我只是不想失去你 |
[31:18] | Promise me, Emily. | 答应我 艾米莉 |
[31:22] | Promise… Promise you what? | 答应 答应你什么 |
[31:25] | Just promise me… | 答应我 |
[31:27] | you won’t get married and move away. | 你不会远嫁离家 |
[31:34] | I won’t leave you, dad. | 我不会离开你的 父亲 |
[31:43] | Keep the family together. That’s what I say. | 我就想维系家庭完整 |
[32:07] | Hey, Dad? | 父亲 |
[32:11] | Can you promise me something too? | 你能也答应我件事吗 |
[32:15] | Oh, yes, what is it, my dear? | 当然 什么事 亲爱的 |
[32:19] | Promise me… | 答应我 |
[32:24] | that we can get a maid. | 请个女佣 |
[32:30] | Oh, Emily. All right. All right. | 艾米莉 好的 好的 |
[33:39] | Nailed it. | 完成 |
[33:52] | *Dark Knight, you said you saw it in the stars* | *你说星空中出现暗黑骑士* |
[33:56] | *Stage fright or was this coming from your heart* | *是临阵脱逃还是真情实感* |
[34:01] | *Salty kisses turn to acid lately* | *亲吻逐渐变了感觉* |
[34:08] | *Ice cold, blowing out your chamber* | *你体内涌出的寒冷* |
[34:12] | *Comforts the insomniac stranger* | *慰藉了失眠之人* |
[34:17] | *Crystallising all the sick in your mind* | *凝结了罪恶之魂* |
[34:23] | *You’re saying you’re done with being shady* | *你说改过自新* |
[34:25] | *But I know that’s just a lie* | *但我识破谎言* |
[34:27] | *You find me the best diamonds* | *你送的精美珠宝* |
[34:29] | *Your money can’t buy* | *你根本无法负担* |
[34:31] | *Your money can’t buy* | *你无法负担* |
[34:34] | *Slow Down, I won’t be your Future Heroine* | *冷静 我可不是你的女英雄* |
[34:41] | *I’m seeing only you, you’re seeing double of me* | *我待你如初 你却说我改变* |
[34:45] | *You’re always flying through playing make believe* | *你总是表里不一蒙蔽他人* |