时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Susan left town with a secret agenda. | 苏珊秘密出行 |
[00:05] | Where are you off to? | 你这是要去哪里 |
[00:06] | I’m just visiting some family. | 我去看望家人 |
[00:08] | Well, have a good trip. | 旅途愉快 |
[00:10] | Carlos was headed back to rehab. | 卡洛斯准备重返康复中心 |
[00:12] | You just worry about getting better. | 还是多想想自己吧 |
[00:14] | I can hold down the fort, no problem. | 我能战胜酒瘾 完全没问题 |
[00:17] | Tom’s trip with his girlfriend was encouraged. | 勒奈特鼓励汤姆去和女友旅行 |
[00:19] | I think you should go to Paris. | 我觉得你应该去巴黎 |
[00:22] | And Bree received another mysterious letter. | 而布里又收到一封神秘信 |
[00:33] | It’s always easy to know who our friends are. | 认清朋友 往往轻而易举 |
[00:37] | They’re the ones who tell us when we look ridiculous…. | 朋友会在你看似可笑的时候告诫你 |
[00:42] | Or when we’re deluding ourselves… | 在你自不量力的时候提醒你 |
[00:47] | Or when we’ve had enough. | 在你不知禁忌的时候制止你 |
[00:51] | But only the best of friends will tell you the truth, | 可只有挚友会告诉你真相 |
[00:55] | even when they know… | 即便他们知道… |
[00:57] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么鬼东西 |
[00:58] | it will upset you. | 真相会让人烦心 |
[01:00] | That’s what I found in my mailbox. | 这是在我家信箱里发现的 |
[01:03] | “You’re welcome”? I don’t understand. | “不用谢” 我看不懂 |
[01:05] | Don’t you recognize the stationery? | 你认不出这信纸吗 |
[01:07] | It’s the same as Mary Alice’s letter, | 和玛丽·艾莉丝收到的信纸一样 |
[01:10] | And I got it right after Chuck’s funeral. | 我刚参加完查克的葬礼回来就收到了 |
[01:12] | You think this is who killed Chuck? | 你觉得寄信人就是杀查克的凶手 |
[01:14] | Well, it’s the only logical explanation. | 只有这么解释才合乎逻辑 |
[01:17] | There’s nothing logical about any of this. | 这些事根本没有逻辑可言 |
[01:19] | Don’t you remember the first note? | 还记得第一张字条吗 |
[01:21] | Yeah, whoever wrote that was threatening us. | 对 不管是谁写的 这人都在恐吓我们 |
[01:23] | Exactly. So now all of a sudden, | 没错 难道突然之间 |
[01:25] | this person who “Knows what we did” | 这个号称”知道我们干的好事” |
[01:27] | and is “Going to tell” | 并”要告诉别人”的人 |
[01:28] | is now killing cops for us? | 为保护我们去杀了警察 |
[01:30] | Doesn’t make sense. | 不合常理 |
[01:30] | Yeah, but the timing. | 对 可时机恰好 |
[01:32] | It is weird. | 真诡异 |
[01:37] | So what’s the deal with us? | 那我们怎么说 |
[01:40] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[01:41] | Are we still mad at each other? | 我们是不是还没和解 |
[01:44] | I think so. | 应该是 |
[01:47] | Okay. Just asking. | 好 我只是随口问问 |
[01:52] | Well, what are we gonna do about this? | 我们该怎么处理这件事 |
[01:53] | What can we do? We don’t know who wrote it. | 怎么处理 我们不知道信是谁写的 |
[01:55] | We don’t know what they want. | 不知道他们想要什么 |
[01:56] | We don’t know what they’re gonna do next. | 也不知道他们下一步的计划 |
[01:57] | Is there anything we do know? | 有什么是我们知道的 |
[01:59] | Well… we know who these letters are being sent to. | 我们知道收信人是谁 |
[02:04] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[02:06] | You’re the one who keeps finding these things. | 是你一直在收这些恐吓信 |
[02:08] | You tell me. | 你该解释一下 |
[02:09] | I don’t like your accusatory tone. | 我不喜欢你这种咄咄逼人的口气 |
[02:11] | Well, I’d use a different tone, | 我可以换种语气 |
[02:13] | – but I’m trying to accuse you of something. – Gaby! | -可我的确是想问出个所以然来 -加布 |
[02:15] | You have to admit, Bree, | 你得承认 布里 |
[02:16] | there does seem to be a link | 你和”恐吓信怪蜀黍”之间 |
[02:17] | between you and Mr. Creepy Letter Writing guy. | 的确有着千丝万缕的联系 |
[02:20] | I don’t believe this. | 你们在胡猜什么 |
[02:21] | Why else would they keep sending you the notes? | 不然这人为什么一直寄信给你 |
[02:23] | Why not send copies to all of us? | 为什么不寄同样的信给我们所有人 |
[02:25] | This is not about me. | 这不关我的事 |
[02:27] | And if you two are gonna just sit there and blame me | 而且如果你们俩要继续为了 |
[02:29] | for the actions of some psychopath, then… | 某个疯子的行为而指责我 那… |
[02:34] | I’m just gonna go home. | 我只好回家了 |
[02:41] | I say we forgive each other | 我看还是我们重归于好 |
[02:42] | and just stay mad at Bree. | 只生布里的气就行 |
[02:43] | Done. | 好 |
[02:45] | Yes, only your friends will tell you the truth. | 没错 只有朋友才会告诉你真相 |
[02:48] | So when they warn you about someone suspicious, | 所以当朋友警告你有可疑对象时 |
[02:54] | maybe you should listen to them. | 或许你该听进去 |
[03:11] | Susan Delfino was on a mission, | 苏珊·德尔非诺在执行一项使命 |
[03:15] | and she had planned it down to the last detail. | 而且她早已计划周全 |
[03:19] | She brought the proper identification, | 她携带了所需证件 |
[03:23] | she mapped out the correct route, | 她标示了正确路线 |
[03:27] | and she brought plenty of cash for emergencies. | 还准备了应急现金 |
[03:31] | But the one small detail she hadn’t planned… | 可她还是百密一疏 |
[03:35] | was what to do once she got there. | 到了那里却不知所措 |
[03:39] | Mike, I’ve got a problem. | 麦克 我遇到麻烦了 |
[03:41] | Oh, what’s wrong? You can’t find the house? | 怎么了 找不到住处吗 |
[03:43] | No, I’m standing in front of it right now. | 不 我就站在他家门前 |
[03:45] | Then what’s the problem? | 那有什么问题 |
[03:47] | I have no idea how to get inside. | 我不知道该怎么进门 |
[03:51] | You just spent an entire day on a plane. | 你坐了一整天飞机 |
[03:53] | You didn’t give this any thought at all? | 难道就一点都没想过这事吗 |
[03:54] | I was going to, and then I got caught up | 我本来是想的 可后来飞机上的电影 |
[03:57] | in an in-flight movie. | 让我看得入神就给忘了 |
[03:58] | It was about a dolphin | 讲的是一只海豚 |
[03:59] | who joins an inner city water polo team, and– | 参加了市中心水球队 然后… |
[04:02] | Susan! | 苏珊 |
[04:03] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[04:04] | This was the stupidest idea ever, wasn’t it? | 这主意真是太蠢了 对吗 |
[04:07] | No, you did this because you’re a good person. | 不 你这么做是因为你是个好人 |
[04:11] | Honey, just leave some flowers and come back home. | 亲爱的 买束花留下就回来吧 |
[04:13] | I can’t. I came here for a reason. | 不行 我来是有目的的 |
[04:16] | I have to make sure that Alejandro’s family is okay. | 我得确保亚历亨德罗的家人安好 |
[04:19] | I just need to figure out some cover story to get in there. | 我只是得编个理由进去 |
[04:23] | You’re a little early! | 你来得有点早 |
[04:27] | Oh, couldn’t wait to take the first look, could you? | 等不及想第一个看到 是吧 |
[04:29] | What? | 什么 |
[04:30] | Oh, relax. I’m okay with early birds. | 别紧张 我不介意别人早到 |
[04:34] | Connie Thomas, Thomas Realty. | 我是康妮·托马斯 托马斯房产公司的 |
[04:36] | Officially, the open house doesn’t start for an hour, | 这栋房子还有一小时才开放 |
[04:40] | but if you help me lay out the finger sandwiches, | 可如果你帮我一起摆放三明治小食 |
[04:43] | I’ll let you sneak the first peek. Come on! | 我就先让你瞄第一眼 快来 |
[04:47] | Mike, I’ve gotta go. I’m about to buy a house. | 麦克 我得走了 我准备买房 |
[04:52] | Listen, all I’m asking for is an extension. | 听着 我只想要延期 |
[04:55] | Once I get a model unit open, | 一旦我的样板房对外开放 |
[04:56] | these condos are gonna be selling like crazy. | 这些公寓就会销售火爆 |
[05:01] | Hi. What’s going on? | 你好 怎么了 |
[05:02] | Hey, I was sitting over at Bree’s, | 我刚在布里的房里小坐 |
[05:04] | and I thought… I miss him. | 然后心想… 我想他 |
[05:07] | Yeah, I miss you, too. | 是啊 我也想你 |
[05:10] | But I can get the numbers for you. | 可我能把号码给你 |
[05:11] | Hold on. Here. | 等等 在这里 |
[05:14] | Uh, did you hear me? I said I miss you. | 你没听到我的话吗 我说我想你 |
[05:17] | Uh, that’s my girlfriend. Just–j– | 是我女友 等… |
[05:20] | Hey. I don’t miss people. | 我可不常想念人 |
[05:24] | I forget them. | 我只会渐渐遗忘 |
[05:25] | I ignore them. I verbally abuse them, | 视而不见 出言不逊 |
[05:28] | but I am definitely not a missing-people kind of person. | 可我绝不是会牵肠挂肚的人 |
[05:31] | Can you hang on for a second? | 请你稍等一下 |
[05:32] | Listen, I love that you miss me, but I’m really busy right now. | 你想我我很高兴 但我现在真的很忙 |
[05:35] | Talk later. Hey, you still there? | 回头再说 喂 还在吗 |
[05:37] | Yeah, I’ve got the numbers right here. | 我手里就有号码 |
[05:40] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是的 是的 |
[05:45] | Let me tell you what the man from down under | 跟你说说那人刚刚对我做了什么 |
[05:48] | who will never again be down under just did to me. | 我以后再也不会让他躺在我下面 |
[05:53] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[05:55] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[05:56] | Oh, god, it’s like pulling teeth. | 老天 真跟拔牙一样难受 |
[05:59] | I saw you talking to Gaby and Lynette. | 我看到了你跟加布和勒奈特说话 |
[06:01] | Did they say something to upset you? | 她们说什么令你烦心的话了 |
[06:03] | I don’t want to discuss it. | 我不想说这事 |
[06:06] | They suggested botox, didn’t they? | 她们建议你打肉毒杆菌 是吧 |
[06:08] | No. Why would you say that? | 不是 你这话从何说起 |
[06:10] | You’re having wine before lunch. | 午饭时间没到 你就喝起酒来 |
[06:12] | That’s what I did the first time | 第一次有人给我这建议时 |
[06:14] | someone said I needed botox. | 我和你现在一样 |
[06:15] | Yes, I am upset, but it’s private, | 好吧 我是很心烦 但这是私事 |
[06:17] | and I wanna process it… privately. | 我想一个人静静 |
[06:21] | Ohh, keeping stuff inside is how | 把事都憋在心里 |
[06:22] | you ended up in that motel with a gun. | 所以你才会拿着枪住进旅馆 |
[06:25] | Relax. I am no longer suicidal. | 放心 我不会再自杀了 |
[06:28] | You don’t wanna talk? Fine. | 你不想谈 随你 |
[06:30] | But I’m not gonna let you sit here for the next few days | 但我不能放任你一直坐在这里 |
[06:33] | moping about god knows what. | 天知道借酒消什么愁 |
[06:35] | We’re going out. | 跟我出去 |
[06:38] | What? | 什么 |
[06:39] | I know all sorts of naughty places | 我熟悉所有狂欢场所 |
[06:41] | filled with all sorts of naughty men. | 那里到处是寻欢的男人 |
[06:43] | Be ready to leave by 8:00 and | 准备好八点钟出门 |
[06:45] | try to wear something that doesn’t scream “Frigid schoolmarm.” | 你可别穿得像个性冷谈的老学究 |
[06:48] | No! No, no, listen to me. | 不 不 不 听我说 |
[06:50] | I don’t wanna go out. I don’t wanna talk about my feelings, | 我不想出门 不想谈心 |
[06:52] | and I don’t want you here anymore, so please… | 也不想你继续待在这儿 所以拜托你 |
[06:56] | go home. | 回你自己家去吧 |
[07:00] | Another glass of wine? | 你还喝 |
[07:06] | It’s just, I’ve never seen you drink. | 只是我从没见过你喝酒 |
[07:08] | You know what? You’re right. I could use a night out. | 这样吧 没错 我需要出去玩一夜 |
[07:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:12] | Yes, but my wardrobe is a bit frosty. | 是的 但我的衣服都给人冷冰冰的感觉 |
[07:16] | Do you think you could run back to your house | 你能去趟你家 |
[07:17] | and find something in your closet for me? | 找件合适的衣服借我吗 |
[07:20] | Something sexy. | 要性感的 |
[07:21] | Absolutely. Oh, Bree, you’ll see. | 没问题 布里 走着瞧 |
[07:24] | A night out is exactly what you need to lift your spirits. | 你就是需要一夜狂欢来振奋精神 |
[07:47] | I’m tired. | 我好累 |
[07:49] | I know, sweetie. | 我知道 宝贝 |
[07:51] | Trying to teach you the value of hard work. | 这是教育你劳动最光荣 |
[07:58] | If you’re wondering why | 你要想知道为什么 |
[08:00] | I’m pushing the leaves over to Ms. Kinsky’s house, | 我把树叶扫到金斯基女士家 |
[08:04] | It’s ’cause I’m trying to teach her | 因为我也在教育她 |
[08:04] | the value of hard work, too. | 劳动最光荣 |
[08:09] | Mrs. Solis, hello. | 你好 索利斯太太 |
[08:11] | Hey… Carlos’ secretary. | 你好 卡洛斯的秘书 |
[08:14] | Marilyn. | 我叫玛丽莲 |
[08:15] | Marilyn, of course. Yes. I knew that. | 玛丽莲 没错 我记得 |
[08:17] | What can I do for you, Marilyn? | 有什么能为你效劳的 玛丽莲 |
[08:19] | I was in the neighborhood, | 我路过这附近 |
[08:19] | and I thought I’d bring by Mr. Solis’ mail. | 就把索利斯先生的邮件捎过来 |
[08:22] | – Thank you. – By the way, | -谢谢你 -对了 |
[08:23] | any chance that tomorrow he can get out of his… | 明天他有没有可能从康复中心 |
[08:26] | rehab? | 出来 |
[08:28] | – Why do you need Carlos? – He’s been trying to land | -你找卡洛斯什么事 -这几个月来 |
[08:30] | this British firm as a client for months. | 他一直在努力拉拢一家英国公司 |
[08:31] | They’re in town for a couple of days, | 他们会在城里待几天 |
[08:33] | and I think a little wining and dining | 我考虑办个酒宴 |
[08:35] | would seal the deal. | 把生意谈下来 |
[08:36] | Well, I don’t think it’s a good idea to | 我觉得把卡洛斯从康复中心弄出来 |
[08:38] | spring Carlos out of rehab for “Wining.” | 参加”酒宴” 可不是个好主意 |
[08:41] | Isn’t there someone else who can meet with them? | 没有其他人能接待他们吗 |
[08:43] | What about the old guy? | 那个老家伙呢 |
[08:44] | Robert? He retired. | 罗伯特吗 他退休了 |
[08:46] | Oh. Oh! How about the fat chick? | 那个肥妞呢 |
[08:48] | Celeste? Maternity leave. | 斯莱斯特 在休产假 |
[08:51] | The nerve of these people. | 这些人事真多 |
[08:54] | Sorry, Marilyn. You win some, you lose some, right? | 抱歉 玛丽莲 有得必有失 |
[08:56] | except in this case, | 这次情况特殊 |
[08:58] | we’re losing a $90 million account. | 我们会失去九千万的收益 |
[09:02] | $90 million? | 九千万 |
[09:07] | And you think all it will take is a little wining and dining? | 你觉得喝喝小酒 吃吃小饭就能搞定 |
[09:12] | Why don’t you go ahead and set up that meeting? | 你着手准备宴会吧 |
[09:13] | I have an idea. | 我自有办法 |
[09:14] | Okay, I’ll get right on it. | 好的 我马上去办 |
[09:19] | Do you know why the owners are selling? | 你知道这家主人为什么要卖房吗 |
[09:23] | That’s a bit of a scandal. | 这算是家丑了 |
[09:25] | I really shouldn’t say. | 我真不该多嘴 |
[09:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:29] | The husband disappeared four months ago, | 四个月前 男主人突然失踪 |
[09:33] | and he hasn’t been heard from since. | 之后杳无音信 |
[09:35] | I think it’s drugs or maybe another woman. | 我觉得是吸毒问题 或是外面有了女人 |
[09:39] | Could be anything. | 这谁说得准 |
[09:42] | Poor child. | 可怜的孩子 |
[09:43] | Stepchild. | 是继女 |
[09:45] | Oh, but you got the “Poor” part right. | 不过 的确是可怜 |
[09:48] | The wife had to take a second job, | 女主人被迫干两份工作 |
[09:50] | and now she still can’t even make ends meet. | 但还是入不敷出 |
[09:54] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[09:56] | Tell the buyers how desperate we are. | 告诉买家 我们现在有多窘迫 |
[09:57] | That’ll jack up the sale price. | 趁火打劫 使劲压价 |
[09:59] | Oh. Mrs. Sanchez, so sorry. | 桑切斯太太 很抱歉 |
[10:02] | I didn’t realize you were coming back so soon. | 没想到你这么快就回来了 |
[10:04] | I bet. | 显而易见 |
[10:06] | By the way, you dropped some of your flyers on my lawn. | 对了 你的传单散落在我的草坪上了 |
[10:09] | Oh, I should get those. Excuse me. | 我得去收好了 失陪 |
[10:15] | It’s not completely her fault. I was sort of… prying. | 不是她的错 是我在打听 |
[10:19] | Sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[10:20] | Are you sorry enough to buy my house? | 抱歉到想买我的房子吗 |
[10:23] | Oh, well, uh… actually, I was… | 事实上 我是… |
[10:27] | looking for something a little larger. | 我想要更大点的房子 |
[10:30] | Well, that’s too bad. | 那太遗憾了 |
[10:37] | Maybe, uh, there’s something that I can do for you. | 也许我能为你帮上点忙 |
[10:44] | Because… I am a collector of Americana… | 因为我是名美国文物收藏家 |
[10:49] | and some of your fabulous knickknacks | 你有一些精致的小摆设 |
[10:51] | have really caught my eye. | 真的吸引住我了 |
[10:54] | I have fabulous knickknacks? | 我有精致的小摆设 |
[10:55] | You sure do. | 当然了 |
[10:58] | Like–like this, for instance. | 比如说 这件 |
[11:02] | Those are Legos. | 那是乐高玩具 |
[11:04] | I know what they are. | 我当然知道 |
[11:06] | But what you don’t know | 但你不知道 |
[11:08] | is that these are… phase one legos. | 这些是第一代乐高玩具 |
[11:13] | Very rare. | 非常珍贵 |
[11:15] | I would love to buy them | 我愿意买下它们 |
[11:18] | if you’re willing to sell. | 如果你愿意出售的话 |
[11:20] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[11:22] | Cuz I got, like, a whole coffee can full of those. | 我有一大罐的乐高玩具 |
[11:26] | That’s… jackpot. | 中大奖啦 |
[11:29] | Oh! I-I, um, I will take them all. | 我都买了 |
[11:33] | Hey, Marisa! | 玛丽莎 |
[11:34] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:35] | This lady’s buying all your old legos. | 这位女士愿意买下你儿时的乐高玩具 |
[11:37] | You still have that box full of headless barbies? | 你还有那盒无头芭比吗 |
[11:39] | Oh! Oh, that’s okay. I’m good. Uh… | 没关系 这些就够了 |
[11:42] | Here… is your check. | 来 支票给你 |
[11:46] | Oh, I think you added an extra zero. | 我想你多写了一个零 |
[11:51] | That’s because I… I wanna do something to help. | 因为我 我想帮忙 |
[11:54] | You know, because of your… situation. | 因为你们的境遇 |
[11:57] | Look, whatever my realtor said, | 不管我的房地产经纪人说了些什么 |
[11:58] | You don’t gotta feel sorry for me. | 你不需要同情我 |
[11:59] | I know my husband will come back. | 我相信我的丈夫会回来的 |
[12:02] | But… on the off chance that he… doesn’t, | 但也许有极小的可能他不会回来 |
[12:08] | Please, take my check. | 所以请收下我的支票吧 |
[12:13] | Okay. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢你 |
[12:18] | But stop giving me the sad eyes. | 但请不要再用同情的眼神看着我了 |
[12:20] | Ramon does this sort of thing all the time. | 雷蒙经常这样 |
[12:23] | He goes on a little bender, then comes home, | 他偶尔出去饮酒作乐 然后会回家 |
[12:25] | But mostly, he’s a good husband and a loving father. | 但总体来说 他是一个好丈夫和好父亲 |
[12:41] | Well, thank you again. | 再次感谢你 |
[12:44] | It was a… pleasure doing business with you. | 和你打交道很高兴 |
[12:48] | You’ve really helped us out. | 你真的帮了很大的忙 |
[13:04] | Wow, that smells great. | 闻起来真好吃 |
[13:05] | Where’d you learn to make a pot pie? | 你在哪里学会做肉馅饼的 |
[13:06] | I looked it up on a little place you kids call the internet. | 我在你们称之为互联网的地方查到的 |
[13:10] | This is nice, huh? | 真美好 是吧 |
[13:11] | Perfect family dinner. | 完美的家庭聚餐 |
[13:19] | It’s doing it again. | 这灯又这样了 |
[13:19] | No, it’s not. Everything’s perfect. | 不 不 一切都很完美 |
[13:22] | It’s flickering, mom. | 它在闪 老妈 |
[13:23] | Had to happen while dad was in Paris, right? | 还专挑老爸在巴黎的时候 |
[13:25] | Hey! What’s that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[13:27] | I can handle it. I’ll just do what your dad does. | 我能搞定 你们老爸怎么修我就怎么修 |
[13:31] | What does your dad do? | 你们老爸怎么修 |
[13:32] | He goes to the circuit box and… jiggles something. | 他会去电闸箱那里 摇一摇什么东西 |
[13:39] | I can do that. | 我可以的 |
[13:45] | You know exactly what he jiggles or… | 你们知道他摇的是什么吗 |
[13:47] | Never mind. I’ll do it. | 没关系 我来找 |
[13:49] | Anything? | 好了吗 |
[13:51] | – You’re making it worse. – Wait, wait. | -更糟了 -等着 等着 |
[13:54] | This is it. This is definitely it. | 是这个 一定是这个 |
[14:01] | Well, it stopped flickering. | 至少它不闪了 |
[14:03] | What time is it in Paris? | 巴黎现在几点 |
[14:04] | No. We are not going to call your dad. | 不 我们不要打电话给你们老爸 |
[14:07] | We just need some flashlights. | 我们只是需要手电筒 |
[14:09] | Where does your dad keep the flashlights? | 你们老爸把手电筒放在哪里 |
[14:21] | Boss. | 头儿 |
[14:21] | Hi, Mike. Everything okay? | 麦克 一切都好吗 |
[14:23] | Well, I, uh, I just bounced a check. | 我 我开出的一张支票被退票了 |
[14:27] | And it was to buy bats for M.J.’s little league team, so… | 它原本是用来买球棒给M.J的小联盟队 |
[14:30] | – Embarrassing. – Exactly. | -有点尴尬 -确实 |
[14:31] | So I called my bank to tear ’em a new one, | 所以我打电话给银行 叫他们再寄一张 |
[14:34] | and they told me my last paycheck | 然后他们告诉我 我的上一份薪水 |
[14:35] | was returned for insufficient funds… | 因为资金不足也被退回了 |
[14:38] | Boss. | 头儿 |
[14:39] | Oh. Look, uh… | 你看 |
[14:43] | Let me cover that for you. | 我来补偿 |
[14:45] | I’m sorry about that. I don’t know what could have happened. | 我很抱歉 我不知道会发生这种事情 |
[14:47] | I just switched banks. | 我刚刚换了家银行 |
[14:49] | Maybe there was some kind of problem with the transfer. | 也许转账的时候出了些问题 |
[14:52] | You sure that’s it? | 你确定是这样吗 |
[14:54] | I know the condo project’s going a little slow. | 我知道那个公寓大厦项目进展的有些缓慢 |
[14:57] | Is everything okay? | 一切都还好吗 |
[14:58] | Absolutely. Nothing to worry about. Here. | 当然 不用担心 来 |
[15:02] | Grab the kids a few extra bats. | 给孩子们多买一些球棒 |
[15:03] | Oh, no, I don’t need a tip. Uh, just–just my pay. | 不用 我不收小费 工资就行 |
[15:19] | Did you fix it? | 你修好它了吗 |
[15:20] | No, but I figured out it’s not the light, | 没有 但我发现不是灯的问题 |
[15:22] | so I’m going over the blueprints | 所以我正在看线路设计图 |
[15:23] | to find out where the real problem is. | 试着找出真正的问题在哪里 |
[15:25] | Or you could just call an electrician. | 或者你可以打电话给电工 |
[15:27] | Why do that? | 为什么要那样做 |
[15:28] | I went on the internet. I did a little research. | 我上网查过了 |
[15:31] | And other than a few electrocution stories, | 除了一些触电事故以外 |
[15:32] | It doesn’t sound that hard. | 听起来并不难 |
[15:34] | Seems like a lot of work. | 似乎挺费功夫 |
[15:36] | All dad had to do was… jiggle something. | 爸爸只用 摇一摇什么东西 |
[15:40] | You know, the jiggle is just a band-aid. | 那摇一摇的法子就像创可贴 |
[15:44] | That was your dad’s approach to everything. | 你们老爸总是这样解决问题 |
[15:45] | Just patch it up and pretend it’s fixed. | 把表面贴一贴然后假装问题解决 |
[15:47] | That’s why we’ve had these problems all these years. | 那就是我们这么多年总有这些问题的原因 |
[15:53] | The light. I’m talking about the light. | 灯 我是指灯 |
[15:57] | At least the doorbell’s working again. | 至少门铃又能用了 |
[16:00] | Hey! How are you? | 嘿 你好吗 |
[16:03] | That’s the “Hey” that means “I need something.” | 那声”嘿”代表 “我有事相求” |
[16:05] | No, come on. This is important. | 拜托 这件事很重要 |
[16:09] | Okay, Carlos is away, | 卡洛斯不在 |
[16:10] | and I need some help with his business, | 要打理他的生意 我需要一些帮助 |
[16:12] | And you’re the only friend I have who knows this stuff. | 你是我的朋友中 唯一懂这些的 |
[16:14] | – What stuff? – I don’t know. | -什么东西 -我不知道 |
[16:16] | Some big British company. | 什么英国大公司 |
[16:18] | Bennett something. | 本内特什么的 |
[16:20] | The Bennett Group? | 本内特集团吗 |
[16:22] | Yeah! See? You get it. | 对 你看 你懂的 |
[16:23] | Anyway, they’re on the verge of signing with Carlos, | 总之 他们即将和卡洛斯签合同 |
[16:26] | and since he’s not “free,” | 既然他现在没空 |
[16:27] | I thought I’d take ’em to dinner and close the deal. | 我想就由我出面请他们吃饭 完成交易 |
[16:30] | You? How would you even know what to talk about? | 你吗 你知道应该和他们谈些什么吗 |
[16:33] | Hey, that’s where you come in. | 这就该你发挥作用了 |
[16:36] | You used to work for Carlos. | 你曾经为卡洛斯工作过 |
[16:37] | Maybe you can give me a few pointers. | 也许你可以给我些指导 |
[16:39] | I have spent my life learning about the world of finance. | 我花了大半辈子的时间在金融领域学习 |
[16:42] | I can’t just teach it to you in a couple of weeks. | 我没有办法在几周之内传授给你 |
[16:45] | Could you teach it to me in a couple hours? | 你可以在几小时之内传授给我吗 |
[16:46] | ’cause the meeting’s tomorrow. | 因为会面时间定在明天 |
[16:49] | – Gaby. – I’m a fast learner, I swear. | -加布 -我学东西很快的 我发誓 |
[16:51] | And from what I understand, the deal’s as good as done. | 而且据我所知 这笔交易基本尘埃落定 |
[16:53] | This is just a formality. | 这顿饭只是走走形式而已 |
[17:00] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 |
[17:02] | come back tonight after the kids are done. | 今晚孩子们睡了后就过来 |
[17:04] | I’ll do my best. | 我会尽力而为 |
[17:05] | – Oh, you’re the greatest. – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -你是最棒的 -是啊 是啊 是啊 |
[17:07] | Hey, could you at least bring– | 你能至少带点… |
[17:08] | Bring some wine. I’m one step ahead of you. | 带点酒来 我抢先你一步说了 |
[17:10] | I was going to say Carlos’ files. | 我想说的是卡洛斯的文件 |
[17:12] | Oh, jeez. Those are at his office, | 文件在他办公室 |
[17:15] | And that’s all the way across town. | 路途遥远 在城镇的另一端 |
[17:18] | Hey! | 不带行不 |
[17:20] | No. | 不行 |
[17:38] | I don’t suppose the bartender has any anti-bacterial wipes. | 我估计酒保连张擦细菌的湿纸巾都没有 |
[17:42] | You can ask again, but I don’t think so. | 你可以再要一次 但我想的确没有 |
[17:44] | Will you stop? | 你能别擦了吗 |
[17:46] | The fun of a place like this | 来这儿的有趣之处 |
[17:47] | is getting germs on your elbows. | 就是让细菌沾上你的胳膊肘 |
[17:49] | I don’t understand why anyone | 我真是不能理解为什么有人 |
[17:50] | would want to come to a dive like this. | 会想来这种低档酒吧 |
[17:53] | You say “Dive” like it’s a bad word. | 你口里说出的”低端”好像是个讽刺词 |
[17:55] | Look around. People are having fun. | 看看四周 大家都在找乐子 |
[17:57] | Now look in that mirror, hmm? Not fun. | 你再看看镜子 了无生趣 |
[18:02] | Why are you so uptight? | 你为什么这么紧绷 |
[18:04] | Well, compared to you, a woman who paid for our drinks | 怎能跟你比 靠卖弄”勃朗特姐妹” |
[18:07] | by.. showing off the Bronte sisters. | 为我们的饮料付帐 |
[18:09] | The Bronte sisters? | 勃朗特姐妹 |
[18:11] | Jeez. Even your boob jokes are repressed. | 你连说胸部的段子都这么沉闷 |
[18:15] | What happened to you? | 你怎么回事 |
[18:16] | Nothing happened to me. | 我什么事也没有 |
[18:17] | Well, someone made you this way. Was it your mother? | 肯定是有人让你变成这样 你母亲吗 |
[18:19] | My mother passed away when I was 10. | 我十岁的时候母亲就去世了 |
[18:21] | Ohh. That explains it. | 怪不得呢 |
[18:24] | Remember my mom died when I was a kid, too. | 记得我母亲也是在我孩童时代就去世了 |
[18:26] | When parents die, you can go one of two ways– | 母亲去世 你能选的生活方式只有两种 |
[18:28] | Daddy’s little girl or daddy’s little nightmare. | 爸爸的乖女儿 或爸爸的梦魇 |
[18:33] | Well, I suppose my father did have certain expectations. | 我想我父亲的确对我有所期待 |
[18:36] | He… raised me to be a lady, | 他把我养成了一位淑女 |
[18:37] | And I’ve done my best to make him proud. | 我也尽力迎合他的期待为他争光 |
[18:39] | Mm, hello, repression. | 你好啊 压抑女 |
[18:41] | Well, I’m glad that he insisted on good behavior. | 我很高兴他要求我行为要端庄 |
[18:44] | Your dad is not here, Bree. | 你爸爸不在这里 布里 |
[18:46] | No one’s gonna tell him if you cut loose, | 即使你放开来狂欢 也没人告诉他 |
[18:49] | have a little fun. | 找点乐趣 |
[18:52] | You look hot in my dress. | 你穿着我的裙子很火辣 |
[18:55] | Be bad. Be naughty. Hit on a stranger. | 扮坏点 淘气点 去和陌生人调调情 |
[18:58] | I wouldn’t take a breath mint from these people… | 我受不了这些人的薄荷味 |
[19:02] | As if any of them would have one. | 好像每个人都有这种味道 |
[19:04] | Fine. Sit here alone like daddy wanted. | 好吧 乖乖坐在这里听爸爸的话 |
[19:08] | I’m mad at Ben. | 我在生本的气 |
[19:10] | I need to work out those issues | 我需要在舞池里找个陌生男子 |
[19:11] | with strange men on the dance floor. | 发泄一下 |
[19:13] | You’re gonna leave me sitting here by myself? | 你要离开我 让我独自坐在这里吗 |
[19:16] | It’s a dive, Bree. Dive in. | 这是间低档酒吧 布里 投入点吧 |
[19:24] | The main thing that distinguishes you | 你从公司里脱颖而出 最主要的部分 |
[19:26] | from a corporate firm is custom benchmarking. | 就是客户的标杆管理 |
[19:29] | Let them know you provide superior customer service, | 让他们知道你能提供优秀的客户服务 |
[19:31] | even though your responsibilities are not fiduciary. | 即使你的责任不是受托人 |
[19:34] | Ooh, “Fiduciary.” I love how that sounds. | “受托人” 我喜欢这个称谓 |
[19:37] | Can you spell it for me? | 你能帮我拼写一遍吗 |
[19:38] | – Well, let me explain it first. – No, no, no, no, no. | -让我先解释一下 -不 不 不 |
[19:39] | Your explanations take forever. Just spell it. | 你解释起来没完没了 只要拼写就好了 |
[19:42] | Gaby, you can’t write down a bunch of buzzwords | 加布 你不能写下一堆专业术语 |
[19:44] | and read them off a piece of paper at the meeting. | 然后在会议上用一张纸读它们 |
[19:46] | Good point. I should hide a piece of paper. | 好主意 我应该把纸条藏起来 |
[19:49] | Or you could actually buckle down | 或者你可以认真些 |
[19:51] | and learn the concepts. | 学学它们的意思 |
[19:53] | It’s just fancy lingo. You throw it around. | 这只是花哨的术语 你只要抛出这个词 |
[19:55] | You sound smart. Clients are happy. | 听上去很明智 客户们就高兴了 |
[19:57] | I mean, who really understands this stuff? | 我的意思是 谁真的理解这些东西 |
[19:59] | – Everybody. – Really? | -大家都懂 -真的吗 |
[20:01] | Everybody? Okay. Hey, Penny. | 大家吗 好吧 佩妮 |
[20:04] | What is “Fiduciary” mean? | “受托人”是什么意思 |
[20:06] | Um, I think it’s like someone who’s allowed to manage | 我想是好比允许某人管理 |
[20:09] | to someone else’s money– | 其他人的钱 |
[20:10] | like… A bank or something. | 比如 一家银行诸如此类的 |
[20:14] | Okay. Guess who’s going to their prom alone. | 好吧 猜猜谁要独自参加毕业舞会了 |
[20:16] | Look, can we take a break? | 我们能休息一会吗 |
[20:18] | We’ve been at this for hours. | 都已经弄好几个小时了 |
[20:19] | 43 minutes. | 才四十三分钟 |
[20:20] | Well, it feels like hours. | 感觉像是过了好几个小时 |
[20:22] | Just give me a couple more smart words, and we’ll be done. | 再给我几组更厉害的单词 我们就结束 |
[20:24] | What happens when they have a question? | 如果他们有问题的话怎么办 |
[20:26] | You can’t just spout off a bunch of terms | 你不能只是滔滔不绝地说一些 |
[20:28] | you don’t understand. | 你根本不理解的术语 |
[20:30] | Of course I can. | 我当然可以 |
[20:31] | You think when I was a spokesmodel at car shows | 你以为我为车展做模特代言人时 |
[20:33] | I knew what rack and pinion steering was? | 我知道齿条和齿轮转向是什么东西吗 |
[20:36] | I didn’t have to, ’cause I had charm. | 我不必知道 因为我有魅力 |
[20:38] | And a tight little dress that barely covered your hoo-ha. | 和一件可以抵消无知的紧身衣 |
[20:41] | I wonder if I still fit into that dress. | 我想知道我是否还能穿上那条裙子 |
[20:44] | Well, here’s a thought. | 这么说吧 |
[20:45] | How about for once in your life you apply yourself? | 你一生中专心学一次怎么样 |
[20:50] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:50] | It means for as long as I’ve known you, | 意思是自从我认识你以来 |
[20:52] | you have been skating by on your looks and charm. | 你就一直都在靠外表和魅力蒙混过关 |
[20:56] | For as long as you’ve known me? | 自从你认识我以来 |
[20:58] | Wow, you’ve been holding on to that for a long time. | 你持这种偏见太久了 |
[21:00] | Tell me I’m wrong. | 告诉我我错了 |
[21:01] | No, Lynette, I can’t. | 不 勒奈特 我不能 |
[21:03] | No one can tell you you’re wrong, | 没人会说是你错了 |
[21:04] | ’cause you’re always right. | 因为你一直都是正确的 |
[21:05] | Okay. What does that mean? | 好吧 那是什么意思 |
[21:07] | It means you’re a know-it-all. | 意思是你无所不知 |
[21:08] | I have never once heard you say the words “I don’t know.” | 我一次都没听你说过 “我不知道” |
[21:11] | Well, get ready to, | 那你准备好听吧 |
[21:12] | Because I don’t know why I agreed to help you. | 因为我不知道我为什么会同意帮助你 |
[21:16] | This is a complete waste of my time. | 这完全是在浪费我的时间 |
[21:18] | It’s a bigger waste of my time, | 更是浪费我的时间 |
[21:20] | ’cause listening to you, time goes slower. | 因为听你说话 时间都凝固了 |
[21:22] | Good luck at your meeting. | 祝你的会议好运吧 |
[21:23] | Yeah, well, thanks for nothing. What a fi-douche. | 是的 没什么好谢的 真是托错人了 |
[21:31] | * We don’t need no love songs * | *我们不需要无爱的歌曲* |
[21:36] | * To tell the world * | *来告诉世界* |
[21:39] | * How hopeless we feel * | *我们多么无助* |
[21:42] | * When it’s dead and gone * | *一切消失殆尽* |
[21:46] | * I’ve been lost without a reason * | *我无故迷失了自己* |
[21:51] | * To keep going on * | *以继续生活* |
[21:54] | * The truth is you won’t be coming back here no more * | *事实是你不会再回来* |
[22:00] | – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[22:07] | Oh, lord. I was hoping you’d take it from there. | 天哪 真希望你能接上话 |
[22:09] | I have absolutely no idea what to say next. | 我对于下一句要说什么完全没有主意 |
[22:12] | Uh… sorry. Neither do I. | 抱歉 我也不知道说什么 |
[22:15] | Well, hey, look at that. | 看啊 |
[22:16] | We already have something in common. | 我们在这一点上倒是有共同之处 |
[22:18] | Hey. You using this? | 这里有人坐吗 |
[22:21] | Well, it looks like we might have to make a commitment here. | 看起来我们也许要做决定了 |
[22:24] | You ready to take that step? | 你准备继续聊聊吗 |
[22:27] | Sorry. I’m afraid this chair’s taken. | 抱歉 这位置有人了 |
[22:35] | – I’m Bree, by the way. – Bradley. | -我叫布里 -我叫布兰德利 |
[22:37] | So what is a man wearing a custom-made suit | 一个穿着定制西装的男人 |
[22:40] | doing in a place like this? | 到这样的地方来做什么 |
[22:41] | Uh, well, actually, | 事实上 |
[22:42] | I’m not supposed to be in a place like this. | 我不该来这样的地方 |
[22:43] | I’m supposed to be across town at The Four Seasons | 而应该去城市另一端的四季餐馆 |
[22:45] | attending my high school reunion. | 参加高中同学聚会 |
[22:47] | Oh, and you decided not to go. | 那么你决定不去了 |
[22:49] | No, no, I went, for about, uh, six minutes. | 不 我去了 就待了五六分钟 |
[22:52] | Ah, all these people full of regrets | 大家都全是惋惜 |
[22:54] | trying to recapture their glory days. | 想重温当年的美好时光 |
[22:56] | I was about to blow my brains out. | 听得我脑袋都要炸了 |
[22:59] | That sound crazy? | 听起来挺疯狂的吧 |
[23:00] | Not as much as you might think. | 没你想象得那么疯狂 |
[23:11] | I sometimes think I married him just to lose my virginity. | 我有时在想 嫁给他就是为了献出童贞 |
[23:16] | I’ve never said that to anyone. | 这话我从没跟别人说过 |
[23:18] | I can’t believe I just told that to a total stranger. | 我刚才竟然把它告诉了一个完全陌生的人 |
[23:23] | I don’t know | 我不懂为什么 |
[23:24] | why everyone’s so afraid of telling their secrets. | 大家都害怕讲出秘密 |
[23:25] | It’s freeing, isn’t it? | 讲出来就解脱了 不是吗 |
[23:27] | Yeah, you’re right. You know, I think there’s a lot of things | 你说得对 很多事情我一直不敢说出去 |
[23:29] | I’ve been afraid of for no good reason, | 因为我怕理由都不够充分 |
[23:31] | Like pigeons and cilantro. | 比如我讨厌鸽子和芫荽叶 |
[23:38] | Well, I don’t have any pigeons or cilantro at my house. | 我家可没有鸽子 也没有芫荽叶 |
[23:44] | You know, I’m–I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:45] | I-I bet you’re too much of a lady | 像你这样的淑女 |
[23:47] | to go home with somebody you just met at a bar. | 是不可能随便跟酒吧里碰见的人回家的 |
[23:49] | Yes, a lady usually likes to know a man | 没错 淑女通常会 |
[23:53] | a little bit longer. | 多了解对方一会儿 |
[23:59] | All right, that’s long enough. Let’s go. | 好了 时间够长了 咱们走吧 |
[24:16] | It’s Marisa, right? | 你叫玛丽莎 对吗 |
[24:18] | Uh, I’m Susan. I don’t know if you remember me | 我叫苏珊 不知道你还记不记得 |
[24:21] | fom the open house. | 参观房子那天我们见过 |
[24:23] | My mom’s inside. I’ll go get her. | 我妈妈在屋子里 我去叫她 |
[24:25] | No, no, um, actually. I wanted to talk to you alone, | 不用不用 其实 我是来找你的 |
[24:28] | If that’s okay. | 如果你方便的话 |
[24:31] | Why? | 什么事 |
[24:32] | I, uh… | 我想 |
[24:35] | I wanna ask you about your dad. | 我想问问你父亲的事 |
[24:38] | Stepdad. | 是我继父 |
[24:40] | Stepdad. Right. | 对 是你继父 |
[24:47] | He wasn’t a very good man, was he? | 他不是个好人 对吗 |
[24:53] | When your mom mentioned him, | 因为你妈妈提到他的时候 |
[24:55] | I noticed the look on your face, and I had this feeling | 我观察到你的表情 直觉告诉我 |
[25:00] | that maybe there was a problem between you two. | 你们之间出了什么问题 |
[25:07] | I don’t wanna talk about this. | 我不想谈这个 |
[25:08] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[25:10] | I know him a little bit, enough to know… | 我对他了解不多 不过我知道 |
[25:14] | the kind of person he is. | 他是怎样的人 |
[25:20] | You can tell me. | 你可以跟我说实话 |
[25:24] | Did he ever hurt you? | 他有没有伤害过你 |
[25:29] | Why? | 为什么要告诉你 |
[25:31] | I know that you just met me, | 我知道咱们不熟 |
[25:34] | and this must seem very strange. | 这么说有点奇怪 |
[25:38] | But I came here… | 但我来这里 |
[25:41] | because I know what he did. | 是因为我知道他的所作所为 |
[25:45] | And even though I can’t take away the pain, | 虽然我没法减轻你的痛苦 |
[25:49] | I can promise you one thing. | 但有一件事我可以向你保证 |
[25:52] | Your stepfather will never hurt you again. | 你的继父再也不会伤害你了 |
[25:59] | How can you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[26:02] | I just know. | 我就是知道 |
[26:07] | He is never… coming back. | 他永远 都不会回来了 |
[26:12] | I promise. | 我向你保证 |
[26:27] | Oh, my, a pool, too? | 老天 你家还有个池塘呢 |
[26:30] | I wish I’d known. I would have brought my bathing suit. | 早知道我就把泳衣带来了 |
[26:38] | This is wonderful, by the way. | 顺便说一下 这酒的味道美极了 |
[26:40] | Yeah, it was one of my favorites. | 是啊 它曾是我最喜欢的酒之一 |
[26:41] | I picked it up on a wine tasting trip | 去年夏天 我在法国南部 |
[26:43] | through the south of France last summer. | 一次品酒之旅中 挑中了它 |
[26:45] | It’s got a nice… | 它口味醇香 |
[26:51] | Well, I guess you like it, too. | 看来你也喜欢这瓶酒 |
[26:52] | Oh, my goodness. I’ve never done anything like that before. | 我的天 我从没这样过 |
[26:55] | Well, here’s to trying new things. | 这杯敬勇于尝试的精神 |
[27:02] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[27:04] | I just thought of something else I’ve never tried before. | 我想试试另外一件从没做过的事 |
[27:17] | This is so crazy. I’m in a pool. I’m naked. | 太刺激了 我在泳池里 裸着身子 |
[27:20] | And I love it. | 我喜欢这种感觉 |
[27:21] | Well, get ready to love it even more. | 接下来的你会更加喜欢 |
[27:24] | Our very own… floating bar. | 只属于我们俩的 水上酒吧 |
[27:27] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[27:29] | I just thought of something else | 我又想到了一件 |
[27:30] | I’ve never done in a pool before. | 从没在泳池里做过的事 |
[27:39] | Oh, crap. | 糟糕 |
[27:41] | Did someone just break into the house? | 有人擅自闯进来了吗 |
[27:42] | Yeah. Me. | 对 就是我 |
[27:45] | Is someone out there? | 谁在那里 |
[27:47] | What’s happening? | 什么情况 |
[27:50] | It’s a funny story. He’s my boss. I’m his assistant. | 说起来有趣 他是我老板 我是助理 |
[27:53] | We need to get out of here. | 咱们得赶紧离开 |
[27:54] | You’re an assistant? Aren’t you over 40? | 你是助理 你不都40多岁了吗 |
[27:56] | Jeez, you’re worse than those people at my reunion! | 老天 你比我高中同学还讨厌 |
[28:02] | Bradley? | 布兰德利 |
[28:04] | Mr. Jacobs, you’ll be happy to know | 雅各布先生 向您汇报一下 |
[28:06] | that I have watered your plants and picked up your suits. | 花花草草都浇过水了 衣服也取回来了 |
[28:08] | Oh, and your, uh, daughter called. | 还有 你女儿打来电话了 |
[28:09] | What the hell are you doing? | 你到底在干什么 |
[28:11] | I’m sorry. I thought you weren’t gonna be back till Monday. | 抱歉 我以为你下周一才回来 |
[28:14] | Oh, you two have a lot to talk about. | 那你们聊着 |
[28:17] | Could I trouble you for a towel? | 能帮我拿一条浴巾来吗 |
[28:18] | So you thought in the meantime | 那你就可以在这段时间里 |
[28:20] | you could take over my house, my pool, | 霸占我的房子 我的泳池 |
[28:23] | my pants?! | 还有我的裤子 |
[28:25] | Speaking of clothes, I’d love to be wearing some | 说到裤子 能不能把我的衣服给我 |
[28:27] | from that pile right there. | 就堆在那边 |
[28:29] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[28:34] | Ooh. Uh, I can assure you, I never do this sort of thing. | 我向你保证 这种事我以前从来不做 |
[28:37] | Just get out! | 给我出去 |
[28:43] | You have a lovely, lovely home. | 你家挺漂亮 挺漂亮的 |
[28:51] | Whoa, no, we’re not done with that one yet. | 不不 这个还要用 |
[28:54] | Don’t know what to tell you. | 该怎么跟你说呢 |
[28:55] | Lease hasn’t been paid, and I got sent to take it back. | 租金未交 我得把它收回去 |
[28:58] | Guy with the funny accent asked me to wait a half-hour | 有个口音奇怪的人让我再等半小时 |
[29:00] | while he meets with some, uh, bankers. | 他和个银行家有点事要谈 |
[29:12] | Mike, hey. Private meeting. | 你好 麦克 我这开私人会议呢 |
[29:18] | Yeah, do me a favor, bud. Step back outside. | 没错 帮帮忙老兄 出去一下 |
[29:22] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[29:23] | Well, it’s just a stop-gap loan. No worries. | 就是个临时贷款 放心吧 |
[29:26] | – Who is this guy? – Sorry, pal. | -他是谁 -抱歉了 哥们 |
[29:28] | The deal’s off. He’s not taking your money. | 交易结束 你还是把钱收回去吧 |
[29:30] | If he’s a friend, I suggest you urgently | 如果他是你朋友 请你立刻 |
[29:33] | get the hell out of my face. | 给我滚出去 |
[29:35] | Mike, I’m not asking you. I’m telling you. | 麦克 我这不是请求 是命令 |
[29:38] | Mind your own business. | 别多管闲事 |
[29:39] | Ben, when you’re dead or on the lam | 本 总有一天你会因为没钱还 |
[29:41] | because you can’t pay them back, and trust me, | 被债主追杀或畏罪潜逃 相信我 |
[29:43] | you will never be able to pay them back… | 你永远还不起这么多钱的 |
[29:48] | I’m gonna lose my job. That is my business. | 为此我会丢了饭碗 所以这不是闲事 |
[29:56] | You can go. | 慢走不送 |
[30:04] | “Mike”. Was it? | 你叫”麦克”对吧 |
[30:06] | Yeah. | 正是 |
[30:09] | Yeah. Mike. | 没错 麦克 |
[30:21] | My whole life, money’s been the boot on my throat, you know? | 我这一生啊 就没有不缺钱的时候 |
[30:26] | When I was a kid, when I was a young guy starting out, | 从很小的时候到我开始打拼 |
[30:30] | and even now when I’m supposedly some sort of a success. | 甚至到现在 小有成就了也还是缺钱 |
[30:34] | Yeah, it’s a pain in the ass. | 钱的确让人伤脑筋啊 |
[30:36] | Even Renee, as rich as she is, still complains about it. | 即使是雷尼那么有钱的女人也经常哭穷呢 |
[30:40] | Yeah, yeah, she, uh, she divorced some athlete | 对对对 她跟某个运动员离婚了 |
[30:42] | or something, right? | 对吗 |
[30:43] | Some athlete? Try Doug Perry. | 某个运动员 那可是道格·派瑞 |
[30:48] | The New York Yankee. | 纽约洋基队的 |
[30:49] | Oh. Sorry, mate. | 不好意思 朋友 |
[30:51] | If she divorced a cricket player, | 如果她前夫是个板球运动员 |
[30:52] | I might recognize the name. | 我肯定一清二楚的 |
[30:54] | If she divorced a cricket player, | 要是她真是跟板球运动员离婚 |
[30:55] | she wouldn’t have gotten $12 million. | 哪儿能分到一千二百万美元啊 |
[30:58] | Another? | 再来一瓶吗 |
[31:00] | Uh… yeah. | 好 好的 |
[31:04] | Yeah, yeah, another. | 好 好 再来一瓶 |
[31:12] | Well, Gaby, we are very fond of Carlos and everyone at Global, | 加比 我们很喜欢卡洛斯以及环球公司的人 |
[31:16] | but help me out here. | 但你得帮我算算这笔账 |
[31:17] | How can I tell our board we’re going with your firm | 我要怎么说服董事会跟你们合作 |
[31:19] | instead of a larger one with a longer track record? | 而不是规模更大经验更多的公司呢 |
[31:23] | Four words–“Open-architecture investment platform”. | 四个词 “开放投资 拓宽平台” |
[31:28] | So as opposed to tightly controlling our portfolio, | 所以与缩紧我们的投资组合相反 |
[31:31] | you would open it up to a number of asset managers. | 你更倾向于将其散权于更多的理财经理 |
[31:35] | Isn’t that what I just said? | 我刚刚说的不就是这意思吗 |
[31:39] | So where do you see the greatest opportunity for growth? | 那你认为公司发展最好的契机何在呢 |
[31:43] | Five words… | 五个词 |
[31:46] | “Debt management and emerging markets”. | “负债经营 新兴市场” |
[31:49] | Yes, because the I.M.F. | 对 国际货币基金组织 |
[31:51] | has vowed to support those economies. | 投票支持这类经济体了 |
[31:53] | We like what we’re hearing, Gaby. | 我们很高兴听到这些 加比 |
[31:55] | Two words– “Me, too”. | 两个词 “所见 略同” |
[31:59] | Oh. Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[32:02] | It’s my daughter. | 我女儿打来的 |
[32:04] | Juanita, I’m in a business meeting. | 胡安妮塔 我在谈生意呢 |
[32:06] | Yes, I have business meetings. | 没错 我就是在谈生意 |
[32:09] | Since now. What do you want? | 从现在开始的 你有什么事 |
[32:10] | No, you cannot give your sister a haircut. | 不行 你不可以给妹妹理发 |
[32:13] | Oh, okay. Well, I’ll fix it later. | 好吧 我回头帮她修一下 |
[32:15] | Just don’t let her look in any mirrors. | 记着别让她照镜子 |
[32:18] | Sorry about that. Where were we? | 抱歉久等了 刚刚谈到哪儿了 |
[32:21] | Well, I was just about to ask you your opinion | 我刚正要问你对于 |
[32:23] | of the long-term viability of the Euro. | 欧元发展前景的意见呢 |
[32:26] | Ah, well… | 这个 |
[32:29] | Where’s my menu? | 我的菜单呢 |
[32:30] | – The waiter took it. – What? Wait. | -服务员拿走了 -什么 等等 |
[32:32] | We haven’t even ordered yet. | 我们还没点菜呢 |
[32:34] | Oh, the chef is creating a tasting menu for us. | 主厨正为我们准备品尝菜单呢 |
[32:36] | Isn’t that nice? | 是不是很棒 |
[32:38] | No! No, no. I… need my menu. | 才不是 我要我的菜单 |
[32:52] | Come on. Gotta be in here. | 快出现 肯定在这的 |
[32:56] | Reservation under Commerson. | 我是康梅森 已经订座了 |
[32:58] | Oh. Here. Sit wherever you want. | 给 随便坐 |
[33:05] | Is there a problem, Gaby? | 有什么问题吗 加比 |
[33:08] | No. Uh… | 没有 |
[33:11] | No, no. No problem. | 没 没 没问题 |
[33:14] | Everything is fine. | 一切都很好 |
[33:19] | Enough business talk. Let’s just eat. | 不谈生意了 开动吧 |
[33:20] | Oh, no, I love this stuff. | 别啊 我喜欢谈生意 |
[33:22] | In fact, I am going to pick your brain for the entire meal. | 事实上你脑袋里的精神食粮就能喂饱我了 |
[33:29] | So you were just about to tell us your feelings | 你刚刚正讲到你对 |
[33:31] | about the future of a unified european currency. | 欧洲货币统一的前景的态度呢 |
[33:39] | Fiduciary. | 受托人 |
[33:49] | Hey, how was practice? | 训练得如何 |
[33:50] | Coach is an idiot. | 教练是个傻冒 |
[33:53] | You still can’t fix it? | 你还没修好呢 |
[33:56] | Well, I’m sure I could, but you know, | 我肯定能修好 |
[33:58] | I’m starting to like it that way. | 但我有点喜欢它闪烁不停的样子了 |
[34:00] | Gives the place ambiance. | 有种别样的情调 |
[34:01] | Mom! | 妈 |
[34:02] | Like a flickering candle. | 如同闪烁的烛光 |
[34:06] | Mom?! | 妈 |
[34:07] | Can you come up here? | 能过来一下吗 |
[34:10] | Yes, honey? | 亲爱的怎么了 |
[34:11] | What did you do? | 你都干了什么 |
[34:12] | I was trying to fix the light in the kitchen. | 我试着修厨房的灯来着 |
[34:15] | And now my wall has a huge hole bashed in it? | 所以需要把我卧室的墙砸个大洞吗 |
[34:17] | Hey, hey, don’t get all high and mighty. | 小伙子 别这么大发雷霆 |
[34:19] | There are several walls in this house | 这房子里又不是只有你这一间 |
[34:21] | that have huge holes bashed in them. | 墙上被砸了大洞 |
[34:23] | And you thought I wouldn’t notice | 你以为用独角兽海报给挡上 |
[34:24] | if you… covered it with a unicorn poster? | 我就不会注意到了吗 |
[34:26] | Well, Parker, you didn’t notice when I was bald from chemo, | 帕克 鉴于我化疗回来光着头你都没发现 |
[34:29] | so, yeah, it was worth a shot. | 所以 我才大胆一试 |
[34:31] | Why is there a map of Canada on my wall? | 我房间墙上为什么贴了张加拿大地图 |
[34:36] | Oh, my god! | 我的老天啊 |
[34:38] | I don’t wanna see into his room! | 我才不想看到他房间 |
[34:39] | It’s bad enough hearing what goes on in there. | 光听见声音就够恶心的了 |
[34:41] | Shut up. I’m not the one who practices kissing | 闭嘴吧你 我反正没用海豚娃娃 |
[34:43] | with a stuffed dolphin. | 练习接吻 |
[34:44] | Hey, hey! | 喂 喂 |
[34:46] | Mom, what happened? | 妈 怎么回事 |
[34:48] | I was looking for a thing called the secondary fuse box, | 我找一个叫做辅助保险丝盒的东西来着 |
[34:52] | which is supposed to be in the wall, | 应该就在墙里面的 |
[34:53] | but it turns out the internet can be wrong. | 但现在看来 网上教程也会出错 |
[34:57] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[34:58] | Mom, we told you two days ago, just call an electrician. | 妈 两天前我们就让你找个电工来修 |
[35:05] | No. | 不用 |
[35:07] | No. I have to be able to figure this out. | 不用 我得自己弄明白 |
[35:09] | Your father is gone, | 你们的爸爸离开了 |
[35:10] | and lots of things like this are going to happen, | 这样的问题还会再发生的 |
[35:13] | and I need to know how to fix them. | 我得知道怎么修 |
[35:17] | If I had known he was going to really leave, | 如果我早些时候知道他真的会离开 |
[35:19] | then I would have had him teach me this stuff | 我会让他教我怎么修 |
[35:21] | while he was still here! | 趁他还在的时候 |
[35:30] | I… should go get dinner ready. | 我得去准备晚饭了 |
[35:44] | I’m sorry. I don’t have time for you right now. | 抱歉 我现在没时间招待你 |
[35:46] | I’m on the phone. | 我在接电话呢 |
[35:48] | I don’t see a phone. | 电话在哪 |
[35:50] | Yeah. It’s just my boyfriend. | 没事 不过是我男朋友来了 |
[35:57] | She’ll call you back. | 她待会再打给你 |
[36:00] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[36:02] | And no matter how busy I was, I should’ve made time for you. | 不管多忙 我也该留时间陪你的 |
[36:07] | How much did the wine cost? | 这酒花了多少钱 |
[36:09] | $115. | 115刀 |
[36:11] | Okay, you’re sorry. | 好吧 是诚心道歉 |
[36:15] | I gotta be honest. | 我实话实说 |
[36:16] | I was worried you were losing interest in me. | 我是在担心你对我失去兴趣了 |
[36:20] | Lose interest in you? | 对你失去兴趣 |
[36:23] | Renee… | 雷尼 |
[36:28] | You got everything a man could want. | 你拥有一个男人所能期望的一切 |
[36:44] | I’m busy. | 我忙着呢 |
[36:45] | Too busy for bourbon? | 忙得喝杯波旁酒的时间都没有吗 |
[36:46] | Or ice cream? | 冰淇淋也不吃 |
[36:48] | Hey, we can make a bourbon float. | 我们可以做悬浮波旁 |
[36:52] | Okay. Terrible idea. | 好吧 是个坏主意 |
[36:55] | I just came to say you were right. | 我来是想说 你说得对 |
[36:57] | I am a pain-in-the-ass know-it-all, and I am sorry. | 我无所不知是挺讨厌的 我很抱歉 |
[37:02] | You were right, too. | 你也说得对 |
[37:06] | Bourbon float’s a terrible idea. | 悬浮波旁是个糟糕的主意 |
[37:09] | But an amaretto float… | 不过悬浮杏酒的话 |
[37:16] | It’s just so typical. You came to me for help, | 这次就是个典型 你来找我帮忙 |
[37:18] | But instead, I gave you a lecture, | 而我呢 给了你一顿教训 |
[37:20] | And when you wouldn’t do what I said, | 而你不听我的话的时候 |
[37:22] | – I kicked you out. – It’s okay. | -我把你踢出去了 -没关系 |
[37:23] | No, it’s not. | 不 有关系 |
[37:25] | I have been doing this to Tom forever… | 我一直以来都在对汤姆做这样的事 |
[37:28] | Till he got fed up and left. | 直到他受够了 离开我 |
[37:31] | I really don’t want that to happen with my friends, too. | 我实在不想这事也发生在朋友身上 |
[37:34] | Honey, I deserved it. You’re right. | 亲爱的 是我活该 你说的没错 |
[37:36] | I do fake my way through life | 我这一生的确都是靠 |
[37:37] | by batting my eyes and looking pretty. | 打扮献媚 得过且过 |
[37:40] | And the problem is, I can’t do that anymore. | 但问题是 我以后不能再这样了 |
[37:42] | Right. Because you’re getting older. | 对 因为你在变老 |
[37:45] | No, ’cause Carlos is gone. | 不 因为卡洛斯不在了 |
[37:47] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[37:49] | I just have all these responsibilities. | 我现在担了这么多责任 |
[37:50] | I have to grow up. | 我必须得长大了 |
[37:52] | Well, he should be back in a few weeks. | 他应该几周内就会回来 |
[37:54] | What if he isn’t? What if he can’t kick this thing? | 万一他没回来呢 万一他戒不掉那个呢 |
[37:57] | Then I’m gonna be on my own, and I am helpless on my own. | 那我就得自力更生 而我根本没这个能力 |
[38:00] | And that’s why I came to you. | 所以我来找你了 |
[38:01] | I just wanted someone to take care of things | 我只想有人能照料一切 |
[38:03] | so I wouldn’t have to. | 这样我就不必亲力亲为了 |
[38:07] | I wanted you to be my Carlos. | 我想让你来当我的卡洛斯 |
[38:14] | I just miss him so much. | 我太想他了 |
[38:17] | I miss Tom, too. | 我也想念汤姆 |
[38:21] | But at least we have each other. | 不过至少我们还有彼此 |
[38:25] | We’re gonna get through this. | 我们会度过这一关的 |
[38:27] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[38:28] | Because… | 因为 |
[38:29] | I know everything, remember? | 我无所不知的 记得吗 |
[38:45] | You look exhausted. | 你看起来很疲倦啊 |
[38:46] | I am. I was gonna sleep on the plane, but– | 是啊 我本来打算在飞机上睡觉 可是 |
[38:49] | But they had a movie about a parrot | 但他们放了部电影 演的是一只鹦鹉 |
[38:50] | that coaches an inner city debate team? | 指导了一支市内辩论队 |
[38:54] | Hey, I haven’t heard that in a while. | 我有一段时间没听过这笑声了 |
[38:56] | It’s nice. | 真好 |
[38:57] | Oh, this trip, mike– it did what I needed it to do. | 这段旅程 麦克 我做了该做的事 |
[39:01] | Oh, I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[39:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:04] | I think this whole Alejandro nightmare is finally over. | 我想这整个亚历亨德罗噩梦终于可以过去了 |
[39:12] | Please don’t cancel the card. My husband’s been out of town, | 请别取消信用卡 我丈夫最近不在 |
[39:15] | but I have some money now, | 但我现在有点钱 |
[39:16] | and I can make the minimum payment tomorrow. | 明天可以支付最低还款额度 |
[39:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:26] | Marry a rich man, Marisa, | 你可要嫁个有钱人 玛丽莎 |
[39:28] | Because the only thing guaranteed in life | 因为生活里唯一可以确定的事情 |
[39:29] | is that the bills will never stop. | 就是账单总是会不断来 |
[39:32] | Maybe you should sell his motorcycle. | 你是不是该把他的摩托车卖了 |
[39:34] | Your stepfather loves that thing. He’d kill me. | 你继父喜欢那玩意 他会杀了我的 |
[39:37] | But… what if he never comes back? | 可是 万一他永远不回来了呢 |
[39:41] | Of course he’s coming back. Why would you even say that? | 他当然会回来的 你为什么这样说 |
[39:48] | Did he contact you? | 他联系你了吗 |
[39:51] | No. | 没有 |
[39:52] | Then what? | 那是为何 |
[39:54] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[39:57] | That woman who bought all that stuff… | 那个买了一堆东西的女人 |
[40:00] | She came to talk to me. | 她来找我谈话了 |
[40:04] | It was weird, but she promised he’d never come back. | 很奇怪 但她保证说他不会再回来了 |
[40:08] | How would she know? | 她怎么知道的 |
[40:11] | That’s what she said. | 她就这么说来着 |
[40:13] | And she seemed pretty sure about it. | 而且看起来非常确定 |
[40:34] | Turns out the car was his boss’, too. | 结果发现那车也是他老板的 |
[40:37] | I had to walk a mile and a half to the bus stop. | 我走了一英里半才走到公车站 |
[40:39] | Have you ever taken a bus at 1:00 in the morning, Renee? | 你有没有在凌晨一点钟搭过公交车 雷尼 |
[40:42] | It makes you stop believing in god. | 简直让你失去对上帝的信仰 |
[40:44] | Okay, Bree, I get it. | 好吧布里 我知道了 |
[40:45] | And did I mention that I was soaking wet? | 我提到过我都湿透了吗 |
[40:48] | Three times. | 三次 |
[40:49] | Good, because I wanna be very clear | 很好 因为我想阐述得清楚点 |
[40:50] | just how your advice worked out. | 瞧瞧你提的好建议 |
[40:55] | Can I say something? | 我能说点什么吗 |
[40:58] | I… think you had a blast. | 我 觉得你挺享受的 |
[41:02] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么那样说 |
[41:04] | I can see it in your eyes. | 我能从你眼里看出来 |
[41:06] | You’re telling me about this horrible story, | 你是在对我讲一个倒霉的故事 |
[41:08] | but you love telling it. | 可你很享受讲述的过程 |
[41:10] | That is… ridiculous. | 这简直 荒谬 |
[41:18] | Although… I suppose it was… | 不过 我想这也 |
[41:22] | a little exhilarating. | 是有点刺激 |
[41:25] | Yes, good friends are the ones | 是的 好朋友就是这样一些人 |
[41:28] | who tell us the truth about ourselves. | 她们告知我们关于自己的真相 |
[41:32] | Look at you. You’re a bad, bad girl. | 瞧瞧你 你是个超级坏女孩 |
[41:36] | Even when the truth might be something | 即使这真相 也许是 |
[41:39] | we’re reluctant to admit… | 我们不愿意承认的事实 |
[41:44] | that we still have a great deal to learn… | 比如我们需要学习的还有很多 |
[41:51] | that we sometimes need to ask for help… | 比如我们有时也需要寻求帮助 |
[41:58] | that we may be overlooking a golden opportunity. | 比如我们可能忽视了绝佳的机遇 |
[42:07] | Yes, hearing the truth | 是的 得知真相 |
[42:09] | can often set us on a different path. | 能让我们踏上不同的路 |
[42:14] | Hey there. Can I buy you another drink? | 你好啊 我能再给你买一杯酒吗 |
[42:17] | But we never know… | 但我们永远不知道 |
[42:19] | You can buy me breakfast. | 你可以给我买早饭 |
[42:22] | Where that path might take us… | 这条路将带领我们走向何方 |
[42:28] | or who might be watching. | 抑或 有谁在注视着我们 |