时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | After an incident at school… | 在学校撞人后 |
[00:06] | Gaby was forced to replace the P.T.A. President. | 加布被迫顶替家长会会长 |
[00:09] | Me? | 我 |
[00:11] | Carlos was struggling with his guilt. | 卡洛斯依旧心存愧疚 |
[00:14] | This is not me. I can’t sleep. I’m seeing ghosts. | 我跟变了个人似的 失眠 见到鬼 |
[00:18] | I know. | 我懂 |
[00:19] | Susan found a way to cope. | 苏珊找到了解决之道 |
[00:21] | I’m taking a painting class | 我要去学校里修一门绘画课程 |
[00:22] | being taught by Andre Zeller. Great. | -是安德烈·泽勒的课 -很好 |
[00:25] | But the famous painter didn’t make it easy. | 但这位著名画家出言不逊 |
[00:29] | You’re a bored housewife trying to kill time | 你不过是个无聊的家庭主妇 |
[00:30] | between spin class and driving your kid | 想在上健身课和送孩子踢足球的间隙 |
[00:32] | to soccer practice. | 来打发时间 |
[00:35] | And Lynette discovered that since their separation, | 而勒奈特发现自从两口子分居后 |
[00:38] | Tom had started dating. | 汤姆就开始约会了 |
[00:40] | It’s just a couple of dinners and… coffee. | 就吃过几次饭 喝过几次咖啡 |
[00:42] | God, tom. When were you gonna tell me this? | 汤姆 你什么时候才打算告诉我呢 |
[00:50] | In their 20 years together, | 他们相伴二十年期间 |
[00:52] | Tom and Lynette Scavo had followed a few simple rules… | 汤姆和勒奈特夫妻俩一直遵循着简单的原则 |
[00:58] | Always share the housework… | 家务一起做 |
[01:03] | Never waste the hot water, | 热水不浪费 |
[01:06] | and never, ever go to bed angry. | 床头打架床尾和 |
[01:11] | Yes, the rules for being together were simple. | 没错 相处的原则很简单 |
[01:14] | But the rules for being apart… | 可分居的原则… |
[01:17] | were anything but. | 绝不简单 |
[01:20] | Stop calling it “Dating.” | 别再管这叫”约会”了 |
[01:22] | It’s dinner with a friend. | 只是和朋友吃个饭而已 |
[01:25] | Do not do that. Do not do the snort. | 别那样 别发那怪声 |
[01:27] | Could you make her stop snorting? | 你能让她别哼哼了吗 |
[01:29] | Lynette, I find it more effective | 勒奈特 我觉得有事说事 |
[01:31] | when we use words rather than inflammatory noises. | 比用鼻子发出噪音更管用 |
[01:35] | You want words? Here are some words. | 你想让我说话 那我就说了 |
[01:37] | Liar, liar, pants on fire. | 骗子 骗子 火烧裤子 |
[01:38] | Lobster for two at chez nous | 在高级餐厅吃双人龙虾餐 |
[01:40] | is not “Dinner with a friend.” | 可没朋友关系那么简单吧 |
[01:42] | A $300 night at Sakura | 在樱花餐馆一晚上花300块 |
[01:44] | is not strapping on a feedbag with a buddy. | 可不是和兄弟简单搓一顿 |
[01:47] | I still do our credit card bills, genius. | 我还负责我们俩的信用卡账单 天才 |
[01:49] | All right, enough words. | 好了 就说到这里 |
[01:51] | Hey, it’s not like I went looking for this. | 不是我出去寻花问柳 |
[01:53] | Jane lives in the building. We got to talking. | 简就和我住同一幢楼 我们就闲聊起来 |
[01:54] | You know what? She was actually nice to me– | 知道吗 她对我嘘寒问暖 |
[01:57] | Something I’m not used to. | 我过去可没这待遇 |
[01:59] | Oh, I can’t snort, but a drive-by like that’s okay? | 我不能哼哼 可这么指桑骂槐就可以吗 |
[02:01] | All right, emotions are running a little hot, | 好了 你们俩的情绪都有点激动 |
[02:04] | but I think I know why. | 可我找到根源了 |
[02:06] | You two embarked on this separation | 你们俩仓促分居 |
[02:08] | without a clear goal in mind. | 心里却没有明确的目标 |
[02:11] | Are you trying to get back together, | 你们想努力复合 |
[02:14] | or are you trying to find | 还是想以体面的方式 |
[02:15] | a graceful way to end the marriage? | 结束这段婚姻 |
[02:21] | We don’t have to decide this right now, | 我们不必立马做决定 |
[02:23] | but we do need to lay down some ground rules. | 可我们需要先落实些原则 |
[02:29] | For example, are you dating? | 比如说 你们在约会吗 |
[02:31] | – He is. – Two dinners. | -他在约会 -只吃了两顿饭 |
[02:34] | All right, so you are dating. | 好 那你在约会 |
[02:35] | What about sex? | 发生过关系吗 |
[02:41] | No. | 没 |
[02:44] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[02:45] | I-I… | 我… |
[02:47] | He just answered your first question. | 他刚回答了你的第一个问题 |
[02:49] | He wants to end the marriage. | 他想结束这段婚姻 |
[02:50] | No, Lynette, that’s not what I’m saying. | 不 勒奈特 我可没这么说 |
[02:52] | I’m not giving up. | 我没有放弃 |
[02:53] | “Not yet”? | 什么叫”还没” |
[02:53] | Look, I still hope that we can find a way | 我还抱有希望 我们能找到方法 |
[02:56] | to work things out, | 把问题给解决 |
[02:57] | But… | 可… |
[02:59] | We don’t make each other happy. | 我们无法令彼此开心 |
[03:02] | We haven’t for a long time. | 已经很久了 |
[03:06] | So what if–I mean, | 所以如果我们… |
[03:07] | What if there was someone out there who could? | 如果有别人能让我们开心起来呢 |
[03:13] | I just feel like if we don’t… | 我只是感觉如果我们不去… |
[03:15] | explore… | 一探究竟 |
[03:18] | then we are gonna end up right back in here, on this couch, | 那我们就会在这里 就在这张沙发上 |
[03:21] | hating each other. | 互吐不满 |
[03:24] | Sounds like you have a lot to consider. | 看来你有很多顾虑 |
[03:28] | There’s nothing to consider. | 没什么好顾虑的 |
[03:30] | We’re… cleared for sex. | 我们可以找人上床了 |
[03:32] | Let the dating begin. | 开始约会吧 |
[03:35] | Yes, Tom and Lynette were learning the rules of separation. | 没错 汤姆和勒奈特在学习分居法则 |
[03:40] | And the first rule? | 而第一条原则是 |
[03:42] | And I can’t wait to let my new boyfriend | 而且我迫不及待想让我的新男友 |
[03:43] | do that thing I never let you do. | 对我做 我从不让你做的那件事 |
[03:46] | There are no rules. | 没有原则 |
[04:02] | In any group, | 每个群体里 |
[04:03] | there are roles that people are destined to play– | 人们注定要扮演起某些角色 |
[04:07] | The perfect homemaker to bring the snacks, | 烹制点心的完美主妇 |
[04:10] | The financial wizard to keep the books… | 精心管账的财务专员 |
[04:14] | And the busybody to share the gossip. | 和传播八卦的多事之人 |
[04:18] | But sometimes the most important role of all | 可有时最重要的角色 |
[04:22] | goes to someone | 分给了 |
[04:24] | who’s not the slightest bit prepared for it. | 最不当回事的人 |
[04:26] | Hi, guys. I know, I’m a little bit late. | 大家好 我知道 我来得有点晚 |
[04:30] | A little? Try 45 minutes. | 只是有点吗 足足有45分钟 |
[04:32] | Well, once you hear what I’ve been through, | 你们一旦听到了我的遭遇 |
[04:33] | you will totally understand. | 就会完全理解我了 |
[04:36] | So… you know how it’s called a hot stone massage? | 那 你们知道什么叫热石按摩吗 |
[04:39] | So there I am at the spa, | 我刚才在做理疗 |
[04:41] | Laid out with my mojito, my “Marie Claire,” | 右手端着莫吉托 左手拿着”美丽佳人” |
[04:43] | And all of a sudden, I feel a cold rock on my ass. | 突然间 我感到我屁股上有块冰凉的石头 |
[04:49] | I know! | 我就知道 |
[04:51] | So Armando was all apologetic. He wanted to reheat the rocks. | 所以阿曼多连连道歉 他想重新热一下 |
[04:53] | But at this point, I’m like, | 可就在那时 我说 |
[04:54] | “I’m sorry. I’ve got a P.T.A. Meeting to run.” | “抱歉 我还有家长会要开” |
[04:57] | If you left, why are you late? | 如果你走了 那怎么会迟到 |
[04:59] | Oh, Armando felt so bad, | 阿曼多很抱歉 |
[05:00] | He gave me a complimentary seaweed wrap. | 他免费给我做了海藻膜 |
[05:03] | So… what’s on the agenda here? | 那今天的议程是什么 |
[05:06] | We’re supposed to plan teacher appreciation night. | 我们该计划教师答谢晚会 |
[05:09] | Mm. Right, right. So who’s doing what for that? | 对 对 那该怎么分工 |
[05:12] | Cindy, you wanna handle the food? | 辛迪 你来负责烹饪吧 |
[05:14] | No. | 不 |
[05:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:17] | Rachel, you never stop talking. You wanna emcee? | 瑞秋 你总是说个不停 你来主持吧 |
[05:20] | No. | 不 |
[05:22] | Okay, what’s going on here? | 好吧 你们都怎么了 |
[05:24] | What’s going on is you’ve wasted our time. | 你把我们的时间都给浪费了 |
[05:27] | I’m leaving. I have to pick up my kids. | 我走了 我得去接我的孩子们了 |
[05:30] | I have to get back to my job. | 我得回去工作了 |
[05:32] | I need to take my mother to chemo. | 我得带我妈去做化疗 |
[05:35] | Wh–okay, okay. Let’s not play sad-life poker here. | 好吧 好吧 大家别装可怜了 |
[05:37] | I need your help. | 我要你们帮忙 |
[05:38] | You know, we would love to fritter away our days | 我们也想虚度时光 |
[05:41] | with manicures and hairdressers and spa appointments, | 修修指甲 做做头发 做做水疗 |
[05:44] | but we’re not like you. We have lives. | 可我们不像你 我们还要过日子 |
[05:47] | So you can do teacher appreciation night on your own. | 所以你可以自己操办这个教师答谢晚会 |
[05:52] | Wh– | 什… |
[05:53] | Well, could you at least fold up your chairs | 你们至少也得把凳子收起来 |
[05:55] | and stack ’em on the rolling cart? | 堆上小车吧 |
[05:57] | And can someone empty the coffeepot? | 有人能把咖啡壶洗洗吗 |
[05:58] | You’d really do– | 你们真是… |
[06:03] | Jeez! Talk about selfish. | 天呐 还说我自私呢 |
[06:13] | Oh, thank goodness. You’re alive. | 谢天谢地 你还活着 |
[06:17] | I’m sorry, reverend. | 很抱歉 牧师 |
[06:18] | I know that I haven’t been to church for a few Sundays. | 我知道我有几个礼拜日没去教堂了 |
[06:22] | A few? Try five. | 几个 准确说是五个 |
[06:24] | You know who’s been bringing snacks to fellowship hour? | 你知道是谁为教会交流时间带点心来了吗 |
[06:28] | Helen Johnson. | 海伦·约翰逊 |
[06:30] | Ugh. Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[06:31] | Bran muffins from the mini-mart? | 在小超市买的糠饼吗 |
[06:34] | Why hast thou forsaken me? | 你为什么把我给抛弃了 |
[06:37] | I should’ve called you. | 我该事先给你打电话的 |
[06:41] | It’s just, I haven’t been feeling… | 只是 我最近一直感觉 |
[06:44] | very spiritual lately. | 精神萎靡 |
[06:46] | It’s not uncommon for us | 这不稀罕 |
[06:47] | to lose our way spiritually from time to time, | 我们总是时不时地失去精神支柱 |
[06:51] | to feel… | 感觉身处 |
[06:53] | in the woods. | 迷雾森林 |
[06:55] | Interesting choice of words. | 你的用词真有意思 |
[06:59] | It’s just that I… | 我只是… |
[07:02] | feel like maybe I’m not worthy of… | 感到或许我此刻 |
[07:05] | God’s love right now, | 不值得上帝眷顾 |
[07:07] | that… | 因为 |
[07:08] | I’ve lost my connection to him. | 我和他失去了感应 |
[07:11] | But here’s the good thing about god, Bree– | 可上帝有个优点 布里 |
[07:13] | He’s easy to find. | 他很容易找 |
[07:14] | Just seek out the people who are in need, | 你只要去找到需要帮助的人 |
[07:17] | and there he is. | 就能找到他 |
[07:18] | It always comes back to the needy with you, doesn’t it? | 你每次说来说去都要说到帮助别人 对吧 |
[07:21] | It’s kind of in the job description. | 这也算是职责所在吧 |
[07:24] | I hear your new neighbor Ben Faulkner | 我听说你有个新邻居本·福克纳 |
[07:26] | does wonderful work with the homeless. | 一直在为流浪汉做善事 |
[07:28] | Why don’t you speak to him? | 你要不和他聊聊 |
[07:30] | Perhaps I will. | 或许我会的 |
[07:32] | Thank you, reverend. | 谢谢 牧师 |
[07:36] | I did mention that Helen’s doing the snacks, right? | 我提到过海伦在做点心 对吧 |
[07:41] | I just finished a batch of macadamia nut scones. | 我刚做完一批夏威夷果烤饼 |
[07:45] | Would you like one? | 来一个吗 |
[07:46] | Bless you, my child. | 保佑你 吾儿 |
[07:48] | And maybe one for the car? | 多来一块 我车上吃 |
[07:55] | It’s so nervous every time I walk into this class. | 我每次走进教室都很紧张 |
[07:57] | I mean, andre zeller, right? | 我是说 安德烈·泽勒 不是吗 |
[08:00] | Between you and me, | 告诉你个秘密 |
[08:02] | He doesn’t think I’m a serious artist. | 他认为我不是个严肃的艺术家 |
[08:03] | But I’ll show him. I have pain. | 但我会向他证明 我也有痛苦 |
[08:06] | I mean, like this morning, | 就像今天早上 |
[08:07] | My 9-year-old walked right into school | 我9岁的儿子走进学校后 |
[08:09] | Without even saying good-bye. | 连再见都不和我说 |
[08:11] | No hug, no kiss. | 没有拥抱 更无吻别 |
[08:14] | Nothing. | 冷淡得很 |
[08:17] | Well, I’m gonna take that misery and use it in my art. | 我要将这悲痛化为艺术 |
[08:21] | I’m using my father’s suicide. | 那我就用我父亲自杀做灵感吧 |
[08:27] | Today we’ll be working with light and shadow. | 今天我们主要学习光和影 |
[08:31] | Ooh! Eggs. Cool. | 画鸡蛋 真棒 |
[08:34] | Ms. Delfino, this is my breakfast. | 德尔非诺太太 这是我的早餐 |
[08:40] | You will not be sketching eggs | 今天不画鸡蛋素描 |
[08:42] | Or any other hackneyed still lifes today. | 或是其他老套的静物 |
[08:46] | You’ll be drawing the male form. | 你们要画的是男性躯体 |
[08:49] | Emile. | 埃米尔 |
[09:01] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:03] | Takes some… getting used to. | 我需要 适应一下 |
[09:09] | As you begin to sketch, | 在开始素描前 |
[09:10] | Think of the human form as an object. | 把人体轮廓作为你的目标 |
[09:13] | What is it that catches your eye? | 是什么 吸引了你的眼球 |
[09:18] | Didn’t mean it. Just popped out. | 不是故意的 突然脱口而出 |
[09:22] | I want you to pay close attention | 你们要把注意力集中在 |
[09:23] | To which parts of the human body reflect light | 究竟人体哪个部位反射了光线 |
[09:25] | And which parts cast a shadow. | 哪个部位蒙上了投影 |
[09:30] | I’m sorry, Ms. Delfino. | 对不起 德尔非诺太太 |
[09:32] | I didn’t realize we were in junior high. | 我没意识到我们现在是在初中课堂上 |
[09:34] | Have you never seen a penis before? | 你以前没见过阴茎吗 |
[09:36] | No. No. Yes, I have. | 是的 是的 不 我见过 |
[09:39] | Uh, lots. Well, not lots. | 见过许多 并不多 |
[09:42] | The appropriate… amount. | 总数较为适宜 |
[09:44] | Please try to be professional. | 请专业一些 |
[09:46] | I am. I am professional. | 我会的 我是专业的 |
[09:49] | Penis, penis, penis. | 阴茎 阴茎 阴茎 |
[09:53] | Just trying to take the power out of it. | 多念两遍它就不那么特别了 |
[10:04] | Quick. | 快说 |
[10:05] | Tell me about your father’s suicide. | 说说你父亲的自杀 |
[10:15] | Hey. What are you doing? | 你在干嘛呀 |
[10:18] | I was, uh, looking for my phone, | 我在找我的手机 |
[10:23] | I know this is gonna sound stupid, but… | 我知道这很愚蠢 但是 |
[10:26] | I couldn’t go in there. | 我没办法进去 |
[10:28] | Oh, god. I don’t mean to sound insensitive, | 天哪 我不想表现得漠不关心 |
[10:31] | But is this dead guy angst? | 你还在为那事焦虑吗 |
[10:32] | ’cause I am really pooped right now. | 我也快要崩溃了 |
[10:34] | It’s just, every time I go into that room, | 就是 每次我走进那间屋子 |
[10:37] | I think about that night. | 就会想起那晚 |
[10:38] | Well, here’s an idea. Don’t go in that room. | 那我有个主意 别进那屋子 |
[10:40] | Look, there’s the kitchen. No one died in there. | 瞧 那儿是厨房 那儿没死过人 |
[10:45] | You know what? We’re both stressed. | 你知道吗 我们压力都很大 |
[10:46] | I’ll pour us a couple of drinks. | 我来倒两杯喝的 |
[10:48] | No, thanks. I’ve been hitting that stuff | 不用了 谢谢 我最近已经 |
[10:50] | pretty hard lately. | 喝了不少了 |
[10:50] | I don’t want it to become a thing. | 我可不想染上酒瘾 |
[10:52] | Well, after the day I had, | 经过这么一天折腾 |
[10:54] | I’ll finish the bottle myself. | 我会一个人喝掉整瓶酒 |
[10:55] | This P.T.A. Gig is turning into a serious pain in the ass. | 家长会活动 让我招架不过来了 |
[10:59] | – Yeah. – I show up the teensiest bit late, | -是的 -我只是迟到了一小会儿 |
[11:02] | and the girls are all over me. | 所有女人都爬到我头上来了 |
[11:04] | They’re like, “Gaby, why are you late? | 她们说 “加布 你为什么迟到 |
[11:05] | “You should be sad and miserable and on time, | “你应该感到可悲 可耻 准时 |
[11:07] | “just like us.” | “就像我们一样” |
[11:09] | It’s like they’re jealous or something. | 她们好像在嫉妒我 |
[11:12] | Oh, my god. | 我的天呐 |
[11:14] | They’re jealous. | 她们是嫉妒 |
[11:16] | I know what to do. Thanks for listening. | 我知道怎么做了 感谢聆听 |
[11:37] | It’s nothing fancy, but, uh, I’m proud to say | 这里不是很高档 但是 我敢保证 |
[11:40] | We feed hundreds of homeless people every day. | 我们为几百位流浪者提供餐食 |
[11:43] | Oh. Wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[11:45] | This is exactly what I’m looking for. | 这正是我要寻找的 |
[11:47] | Well, great. | 不错 |
[11:48] | But, uh, just out of curiosity… | 但出于好奇 |
[11:50] | Uh, what did you do? | 你做了些什么 |
[11:53] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[11:54] | Well, when most people wanna give back, | 很多人过来回报社会 |
[11:56] | It usually means they’ve done something | 一般是因为他们曾经做过 |
[11:57] | They’re, uh, ashamed of. | 可耻的事情 |
[11:59] | You know, embezzlement, adultery. | 你懂的 贪污啦 通奸啦 |
[12:02] | What’s your story? | 你是什么来头 |
[12:06] | I suppose I could ask you the same thing. | 我想我也可以问你同样的问题 |
[12:08] | And I’d have the good sense not to answer. | 那我也有权不回答 |
[12:11] | I’ve just been feeling disconnected lately, | 我就是感到最近心绪很凌乱 |
[12:13] | And I thought by doing something meaningful with my days | 我想最近做些有意义的事情 |
[12:17] | that I could change that. | 有助于改变现状 |
[12:18] | Actual selflessness. That’s refreshing. | 多么无私啊 使人精神焕发 |
[12:22] | I wish the city council was as enlightened as you. | 要是市议会能受你启发就好了 |
[12:24] | Oh? | 什么 |
[12:25] | Ah, they’re holding up one of my developments | 他们把我的一个开发案搁置了 |
[12:27] | ’cause it includes low-income housing. | 因为其中涉及为低收入人群盖的保障房 |
[12:29] | Ah. Typical “Not in my backyard” Attitude. | 典型事不关己的态度 |
[12:32] | By the way… | 顺便问一句 |
[12:33] | It’s not in your backyard. | 这事和你也无关 |
[12:37] | Uh, I’m gonna have to take this. | 我要接个电话 |
[12:39] | But, uh, I will leave you in the capable hands | 我把我的得力助手 |
[12:41] | Of, uh, Donnie here. | 多尼 留给你 |
[12:43] | – Excuse me. – Hello? | -失陪 -你好 |
[12:45] | Who are you? | 请问尊姓大名 |
[12:46] | Oh, I am bree, your humble sous chef. | 我叫布里 鄙人是厨师 |
[12:49] | What do you need me to do? Prep? Saute? Chop? | 你需要我做什么 准备 炒菜还是切肉 |
[12:53] | You wanna prep? | 你要做准备吗 |
[12:58] | Start prepping. | 开始准备吧 |
[13:00] | That’s… it? | 就这样吗 |
[13:02] | Oh, I forgot to show you the spice rack. | 我忘了给你看调味架了 |
[13:04] | Here you go. Salt. Pepper. | 你瞧 盐 胡椒粉 |
[13:07] | And we’re out of pepper. | 我们胡椒粉用完了 |
[13:09] | If I may, | 如果允许的话 |
[13:10] | Have you ever considered making the soup from scratch? | 你是否考虑亲手做一份汤如何 |
[13:13] | We don’t have time for that. | 我们哪来的时间 |
[13:15] | Just get ’em in and get ’em out. | 就是让他们进来吃 然后打发走 |
[13:16] | Yes, because we all know | 是的 因为我们都知道 |
[13:17] | how pressed for time the homeless are. | 流浪者的时间是多么有限啊 |
[13:19] | Look, these people may not have homes, | 瞧 这些人可能没有家 |
[13:21] | but they do have taste buds. | 但是他们有味蕾 |
[13:23] | Would you be offended | 恕我冒犯 |
[13:24] | If I tried whipping up a batch of homemade soup? | 能否让我快速地做一锅家常浓汤呢 |
[13:28] | Can you get it done by noon? | 中午前能完成吗 |
[13:31] | Oh, dear. I guess I’ll have to keep it simple. | 天哪 我想我只能做简化版了 |
[13:34] | It’s just a rustic acorn squash bisque | 这只是一份农家南瓜汤 |
[13:37] | finished with a dot of maple-infused creme fraiche | 加上了枫糖乳酪鲜奶油 |
[13:39] | and a little crumble of fried sage. | 另配一点点油炸鼠尾草 |
[13:46] | Holy crap! | 真是神作啊 |
[13:48] | Finally, a blurb for my next cookbook. | 我下一本烹饪书 有好的广告词了 |
[13:52] | I understand that some of you are uncomfortable | 我明白 有些人看着裸体画画 |
[13:54] | with the naked body, maybe even find it laughable. | 有点不习惯 甚至觉得好笑 |
[13:56] | Mr. Zeller, I’m so sorry. | 泽勒先生 很抱歉 |
[13:58] | One cannot create real art | 如果被拘束牵绊住 |
[13:59] | If one is crippled by one’s own inhibitions. | 是无法创造出真正的艺术的 |
[14:03] | I’m gonna strip them away. | 我要调整教学方案 |
[14:03] | So… for our next class, we’re not gonna have nude models. | 因此 下节课 我们就不画裸体模特了 |
[14:09] | We’re gonna have nude painters. | 我们裸体来画画 |
[14:12] | What? | 什么 |
[14:12] | Painting in the nude will force you | 裸体画画能迫使你 |
[14:14] | to create from a place of total honesty. | 创造出一个真诚的创作环境 |
[14:17] | And if you’re serious about being an artist, | 如果你真的想要成为一名艺术家 |
[14:21] | you shouldn’t have a problem with it. | 就应该没问题吧 |
[14:24] | Nope. No problem at all. | 是的 完全没问题 |
[14:35] | What’s going on, gaby? | 加布 出什么事了 |
[14:37] | Yeah. Why’d you call us here? | 是的 你打电话叫我们干什么 |
[14:39] | I just want to apologize | 我想向大家 |
[14:40] | for what happened at the last meeting. | 就上次家长会的事道歉 |
[14:43] | Keep talkin’. | 继续说 |
[14:44] | It was wrong of me to blow you off for a spa appointment | 大家都这么忙 我为了做水疗 |
[14:47] | when you have such busy lives. | 让你们久等 是我不好 |
[14:49] | Message received, loud and clear. | 大家为什么生气 我完全明白了 |
[14:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:53] | So to show you I’ve taken your complaint to heart, | 因此为想向大家表明我的诚意 |
[14:56] | May I present my beauty team! | 有请我的美容团队 |
[15:00] | Armando, the best masseuse in town, | 阿曼多 城里最好的按摩师 |
[15:03] | Kay, my hairdresser, | 凯 我的发型师 |
[15:04] | And Ping on nails. | 还有小平 指甲美容师 |
[15:05] | You no longer have to be jealous of my fabulous life. | 你们再也不用嫉妒我光鲜的生活了 |
[15:10] | For one day, you can be me. | 从今天起 你们也可以成为我 |
[15:12] | My treat. Go crazy. | 我请客 尽情享受吧 |
[15:14] | Wow. Good to know you got our message. | 你真懂我们的心思啊 |
[15:17] | You’r’ welcome. | 不用客气 |
[15:19] | So you think you might want to reconsider doing the food? | 再考虑一下 是否要帮忙准备食物呢 |
[15:22] | I’d love to. | 乐意至极 |
[15:24] | Uh, I’ll handle decorations. | 我来帮忙装饰 |
[15:25] | Yeah, whatever you need from us. | 全心全意为你效劳 |
[15:27] | That’s more like it. | 这样才好 |
[15:28] | Now today, relax. | 今天 放松一下 |
[15:30] | Take a break from grocery shopping and spanking. | 从采购和打骂孩子中脱身出来 |
[15:33] | I have to go meet my travel agent. | 我去见一下我的旅行代理 |
[15:38] | Are you guys serious? Are we really helping her? | 你们是认真的吗 我们真的要帮她吗 |
[15:40] | No. | 当然不 |
[15:41] | We’re helping ourselves to a free spa day, | 我们只是帮自己免费享用水疗 |
[15:44] | then we’re going to leave her twisting in the wind. | 然后就让她自个儿愁去吧 |
[15:48] | Oh! Hey, ladies, | 姐妹们 |
[15:49] | Anyone know of a good hotel in the south of France? | 你们在法国南部有好的酒店介绍吗 |
[15:54] | I’m sorry. I did it again! | 对不起 我又臭显摆了 |
[15:56] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[16:01] | Hey, Lynette, | 勒奈特 |
[16:02] | Did I leave those fabric samples? | 我把那些布料样品落你这里了吗 |
[16:06] | Busted! | 抓到啦 |
[16:07] | That is a porn slam if I’ve ever seen one. | 那么砰地关上 绝对是色情片 |
[16:10] | Porn? Mm. No. I was checking my e-mail. | 色情片 没有 我正在收邮件 |
[16:13] | Come on. It’s okay. We all look at porn. | 得了 这没什么 人人都看色情片 |
[16:17] | What are you into? | 你看的是什么类型 |
[16:18] | Straight, bi, solo, bald guys, | 男女的 双性恋 自慰的 没毛的 |
[16:22] | fuzzy whispers, cinnamon cakes, | 西施挽纱 肉桂满月 |
[16:24] | poodling? | 老汉推车 |
[16:25] | Do I have to learn what those are? | 我有必要学那么多类型吗 |
[16:27] | ’cause I really don’t want to know. | 因为我是真的不想知道 |
[16:29] | Oh, come on. Let me see. I promise I will not judge. | 得了 让我看看 我保证不多嘴 |
[16:33] | No. I signed up for an online dating service, | 不是 我注册了一家网上婚恋机构 |
[16:36] | and I took a stab at my introduction video. | 我正在尝试做个人简介视频 |
[16:40] | Hi, I’m Lynette. | 你好 我是勒奈特 |
[16:41] | I’m 35 to 45-ish. | 我大概在三十五到四十五岁之间 |
[16:44] | I’m a cancer, and I beat cancer. | 我得了癌症 然后战胜了癌症 |
[16:46] | Coincidence or not? You decide. | 是不是巧合 你来决定 |
[16:49] | That is more disturbing | 这比我看过的任何色情片 |
[16:52] | than any porn I’ve ever seen. | 都没劲 |
[16:54] | You said you wouldn’t judge. | 你说过你不会多嘴 |
[16:55] | Oh! Online dating sucks. | 网上约会都是扯 |
[16:58] | It’s full of guys who photoshop hair on their heads | 上面男人照片都是处理过的 包括发型 |
[17:01] | and crop out their man boobs. | 还有露出的胸肌 |
[17:03] | You want to meet men? I’m taking you to a bar. | 你想和男人约会 我带你去酒吧 |
[17:06] | A bar? Oh, I don’t know. | 酒吧 我不知道 |
[17:08] | It’s been 25 years since I tried to pick up a guy. | 从我上次尝试约会男人已经过去二十五年了 |
[17:12] | Well, with me as your wingwoman, you can have any man you want. | 有我作陪 哪有你钓不到的男人 |
[17:16] | Friday okay? | 周五可以吗 |
[17:17] | I thought you had a date with Ben. | 我记得那天你和本有约会 |
[17:19] | Mm. He canceled. Again. | 他取消了 又一次 |
[17:22] | Some stupid real estate development for the poor. | 为什么愚蠢的低保房开发项目 |
[17:25] | Bastard. | 真混蛋 |
[17:26] | Well, his loss. | 他的损失 |
[17:27] | If he doesn’t appreciate what he’s got, | 如果他不知道珍惜手中的东西 |
[17:28] | I will find someone who does. | 我会找懂得的人 |
[17:31] | Oh, and lay off the ice cream. | 别吃冰淇淋了 |
[17:33] | There’s no photoshop in real life. | 现实生活中可没法修片 |
[17:44] | Morning. What’s for breakfast? | 早上好 早餐吃什么 |
[17:48] | Eggs. I was gonna make bacon, but it seemed a little risky. | 鸡蛋 我本想做培根 但看来点有危险 |
[17:53] | Susan, you get upset if I take my socks off in the kitchen. | 苏珊 我在厨房里脱袜子你都会不高兴 |
[17:59] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[18:01] | Andre feels “Until we shed our inhibitions, | 安德烈觉得”不摆脱掉我们的拘束感 |
[18:04] | our art will be only superficial.” | 我们的艺术将只会停留在表面” |
[18:07] | Anyway, | 不管怎样 |
[18:09] | for our next class, we have to paint in the nude. | 我们下节课得裸体画画 |
[18:13] | So I’m trying to get used to it. | 所以我正尝试着习惯这样 |
[18:17] | And I want to prove to him that I can be a real artist. | 我想向他证明我能成为一名真正的艺术家 |
[18:21] | Wow, that guy is good. | 那男人真厉害 |
[18:24] | He gets to see a bunch of coeds naked | 他可以假借工作之名 |
[18:26] | and call it work. | 看一群男女同学裸体 |
[18:31] | Oh, honey, I’m kidding. | 宝贝 我开玩笑呢 |
[18:33] | No, I can’t do it. | 不 我做不到 |
[18:36] | I’m not a naked person. | 我不是那种能裸体的人 |
[18:39] | Maybe I’m not a real artist either. | 也许我也不是一个真正的艺术家 |
[18:41] | – Susan. – No, I mean it. | -苏珊 -不 我是说真的 |
[18:43] | Andre doesn’t like any of my work. | 安德烈不喜欢我的任何作品 |
[18:46] | I’m not serious like the other students. | 我不像其他学生那么严肃 |
[18:50] | I think I’m just gonna quit the class. | 我打算退出课堂了 |
[18:52] | Quit? But this class has been really good for you. | 退出 但是这个课对你真的很有帮助 |
[18:56] | It seems like it was pulling you | 上这课就好像将你带出了 |
[18:57] | out of that dark place you’ve been in. | 之前的那片阴霾 |
[19:00] | You think so? | 你这么觉得 |
[19:01] | Yeah, and I feel like I’m getting my old Susie back. | 是的 而且我觉得以前的小苏苏又回来了 |
[19:05] | Besides, this guy sounds like a jackass. | 再说了 这个男人听起来像是一个蠢蛋 |
[19:08] | Don’t let him win. | 别让他得逞 |
[19:11] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[19:12] | I am a serious artist. | 我是一名严肃的艺术家 |
[19:15] | I just need to get used to people seeing me naked. | 我只是需要习惯让大家看我裸体 |
[19:18] | Susan! It’s Lee. You home? | 苏珊 我是李 你在家吗 |
[19:21] | Perfect. My best gay. | 太完美了 我最好的男同朋友 |
[19:24] | Who better to practice on? | 谁最好现在就练习一下 |
[19:28] | Good morning, Lee. | 早上好 李 |
[19:28] | This is Bob’s–Mother of God! | 这是鲍勃的… 圣母玛利亚啊 |
[19:36] | Gay marriage doesn’t seem so freaky now, does it? | 现在不觉得同性恋结婚有那么可怕了吧 |
[19:43] | Looks like my Tuscan bean | 看起来我的托斯卡纳菜豆 |
[19:45] | with parmesan crostini is a hit. | 和意大利干酪克洛斯蒂尼面包很受欢迎 |
[19:47] | Yeah, it is, but I think you’re starting | 是啊 没错 但我想 |
[19:49] | to attract the wrong sort of crowd. | 你把无关人等都给吸引过来了 |
[19:55] | Excuse me, but, uh, you don’t exactly look homeless to me. | 打扰了 但是 我看你并不像是无家可归的人 |
[19:59] | Yeah, I-I’m homeless. | 我是无家可归 |
[20:02] | And yet you have a $2,000 laptop? | 那你还用着二千美金的笔记本 |
[20:05] | But I live in the box it came in? | 但我是从垃圾箱里捡来的 |
[20:07] | Okay, I-I’m a college student. | 好吧 我是名大学生 |
[20:09] | But my parents did stop talking to me | 但自从我从医学预科转成创作写手后 |
[20:11] | when I switched from pre-med to creative writing. | 我的父母就跟我断绝联系了 |
[20:14] | Well, I’m afraid you’re gonna have to leave. | 你恐怕得走了 |
[20:16] | Too bad. I just gave you mad props on my blog. | 太糟了 我刚在我的博客上给予你强烈的支持 |
[20:20] | Is that a good thing? | 那是好事吗 |
[20:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:25] | “Homey but refined, | “如在家般舒适又很精致” |
[20:26] | Bree van de camp’s Tuscan bean soup | “布里·范德坎普的托斯卡纳菜豆汤” |
[20:28] | is a revelation in a bowl.” | “像是一碗心灵鸡汤” |
[20:31] | Revelation, you say? | 心灵鸡汤 你这么觉得 |
[20:32] | Uh-huh. And it’s already been “Liked” on facebook | 而且这首诗在脸谱网上大受欢迎 |
[20:35] | and retweeted 200 times… | 已经被转贴二百次 |
[20:38] | which is also a good thing. | 这也是一件好事 |
[20:41] | But hey, if I gotta go… | 如果 如果我得走的话 |
[20:43] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[20:44] | I can’t let a talented | 我不能让像你这样有天份 |
[20:46] | near-orphan like you go hungry. | 又近似于孤儿的人挨饿 |
[20:48] | Let me get you a refill. | 让我再给你添点汤 |
[20:50] | Oh, and it’s “Van de kamp”… with a “K.” | 布里·范德坎普的拼写你改改 |
[20:58] | Hey, Mike. Need a hand? | 麦克 需要搭把手吗 |
[21:03] | No, I’m okay. | 不用 我没事 |
[21:06] | Uh, Susan around? | 苏珊在吗 |
[21:08] | Uh, she’s at her painting class. | 她去上绘画课了 |
[21:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:12] | I’ll… stop by later. | 我过一会再来 |
[21:14] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我觉得这样不好 |
[21:21] | You need to say something to me, Mike? | 你有话对我说吗 麦克 |
[21:23] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 我有 |
[21:24] | If things were different, | 如果当初不是这样 |
[21:26] | if it had been me that killed somebody, | 如果是我杀了某人 |
[21:28] | and your wife walked in, | 你老婆走过来 |
[21:29] | I’d have gone to the cops and turned myself in. | 我会去找警察自首 |
[21:31] | I wouldn’t have dragged Gaby into it. | 我不会让加布卷进来 |
[21:35] | There’s a lot I would’ve done | 如果可以的话 |
[21:36] | differently about that night if I could. | 那天晚上我不会那么冲动 |
[21:38] | Yeah, well, you can’t. | 是啊 但是你不能了 |
[21:40] | But here’s what you can do– you can leave Susan alone. | 但你能做的是 你可以不再纠缠苏珊 |
[21:44] | Just let her find a way to deal with what you put her through. | 你把她卷了进来 让她自寻出路吧 |
[21:49] | It just really helps | 和她聊天 |
[21:51] | to talk to her. | 真的很有帮助 |
[21:55] | But it doesn’t help her. | 但这对她没有帮助 |
[22:00] | Then… | 那么 |
[22:02] | I won’t do it anymore. | 我不会再这么做了 |
[22:06] | Yeah. | 好 |
[22:27] | Remember, technique is a crutch. | 记住 技巧是拐杖 |
[22:29] | Learn it and throw it away. | 学会后就扔了它 |
[22:31] | That way you can begin to find your own voice | 这样你就可以开始追寻自己的心声 |
[22:33] | And that’s what that… | 那就是… |
[22:44] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[22:49] | Taking casual Friday a bit to the extreme, | 你真是将周五休闲装发挥到了极致 |
[22:51] | aren’t we, Ms. Delfino? | 不是吗 德尔非诺夫人 |
[22:54] | Isn’t this the day we were… | 难道不是我们那什么的日子吗 |
[22:56] | Aren’t we all supposed to be… | 我们难道不是应该… |
[22:58] | The school put the kibosh on my little artistic experiment. | 学校搅黄了我的艺术试验 |
[23:01] | It was all there in the e-mail. | 邮件里已经说得很清楚了 |
[23:03] | What e-mail? | 什么邮件 |
[23:04] | The one you obviously didn’t open. | 看来你根本就没看 |
[23:07] | Maybe you didn’t send me one. | 也许你是没有发给我 |
[23:10] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[23:11] | To humiliate me. | 好羞辱我 |
[23:13] | To punish me for laughing. | 因为我大笑而惩罚我 |
[23:15] | You have singled me out since day one. | 从第一天开始你就看我不顺眼 |
[23:20] | Why not try to make a fool of me? | 为什么不试着愚弄我 |
[23:25] | Because in the vast landscape of my interior life, | 因为在我内心生活里的无限风景中 |
[23:28] | You’re merely a dust speck. | 你只是一粒小小的灰尘 |
[23:31] | Now get dressed and sit down. | 去穿好衣服坐下来 |
[23:34] | No. | 不 |
[23:36] | I signed up for this class to learn something, | 我报名上这课是为了学些东西 |
[23:39] | Not to be a punching bag | 而不是为了一个拿着画笔的 |
[23:42] | for an egomaniac | 极端自我主义者 |
[23:44] | with a paintbrush! | 成为一个练习拳击用的沙袋 |
[23:46] | I quit! | 我退出了 |
[24:06] | Hello and welcome to our soup kitchen. | 你好 欢迎来到我们的流动厨房 |
[24:08] | I hope you’re hungry, because I have prepared | 希望你们很饿了 因为我今天准备了 |
[24:10] | a hearty Italian wedding soup today. | 丰盛的意大利婚礼汤 |
[24:14] | Donnie, two. | 多尼 两位 |
[24:22] | Reverend Sykes. What a nice surprise! | 塞克斯神父 真是惊喜啊 |
[24:25] | That’s quite a crowd out front. | 人真多 |
[24:26] | I practically had to fight my way in. | 我几乎是挤进来的 |
[24:28] | Well, ever since I took over the kitchen, | 自从我接管了厨房 |
[24:30] | we’ve been jam-packed. | 我们这里就人潮涌动 |
[24:31] | Thank you so much for suggesting I get involved. | 非常感谢让我参与到这里的建议 |
[24:34] | I have never felt more needed or important in my whole life. | 我这辈子从没感觉到自己这么被人需要 |
[24:39] | The intention of charity | 慈善的本意 |
[24:40] | is not to make us feel important. | 不是为了让我们觉得自己很重要 |
[24:43] | Of course not. It’s to help people. | 的确不是 是为了帮助人 |
[24:45] | Feeling important’s just a bonus. | 感觉自己很重要只是个额外奖励 |
[24:47] | So what brings you by? | 什么风把你吹来了 |
[24:50] | I was hoping you could tell me | 我想问问你流浪汉们 |
[24:51] | where a homeless person could get a hot meal. | 去哪才能吃上一顿热饭 |
[24:56] | Well, right here, of course. | 当然是在这里了 |
[24:57] | No, Bree. | 不 布里 |
[24:59] | Ever since you’ve turned this soup kitchen | 自从你把这清汤厨房 |
[25:01] | into a bisque kitchen, | 改成了浓汤厨房以后 |
[25:02] | The homeless don’t feel comfortable here. | 流浪者们在这都觉得很不习惯 |
[25:05] | Why? I was just trying to make this place special. | 为什么 我只是想把这里变得特别点 |
[25:08] | It was already special. It was home for them, | 这儿本来就很特别 这里原是他们的家 |
[25:12] | until you took that away. | 直到你夺走了它 |
[25:26] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[25:32] | I’m sorry, but you’re gonna need to leave. | 很抱歉 得请你们离开了 |
[25:34] | Hey, we’re still eating. | 我们还在吃呢 |
[25:36] | Well, then go eat somewhere else. | 去别的地方吃吧 |
[25:38] | You certainly look like you can afford to. | 你们看起来肯定负担得起的 |
[25:40] | Whoa. Where’s the attitude coming from? | 你这态度是怎么回事 |
[25:42] | We made this place a success. | 是我们把这地方变得成功 |
[25:44] | No. This place is supposed to feed homeless people. | 不 这里应该是给流浪汉们提供食物的 |
[25:47] | It’s a dismal failure. | 这是可悲的错误 |
[25:51] | This food isn’t for you. | 这些食物不是为你们准备 |
[25:52] | It’s for the hungry and the poor– | 而是为了挨饿的穷人 |
[25:53] | The people we walk past every day. | 那些我们总是视而不见的人 |
[25:57] | Everyone deserves to have a place, | 每个人都该有属于自己的地方 |
[25:58] | and this place was theirs | 这里本来是他们的 |
[26:00] | until I made it mine. | 而我把它变成了我的 |
[26:01] | So please, pack up your laptops | 拜托了 收起你们的笔记本 |
[26:04] | and your smartphones and go. | 和智能手机离开吧 |
[26:06] | Please go. | 请离开 |
[26:14] | Ben, I’m sorry. I have made a terrible mess of things. | 本 很抱歉 我搞得一团糟 |
[26:17] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[26:18] | You think you can make a speech that good again tomorrow? | 你明天能做一场这么好的演讲吗 |
[26:22] | Speech? | 演讲 |
[26:24] | You’re gonna help me push that low-income housing project | 你得帮助我在市议会 |
[26:26] | through city council. | 推动低收入者房屋计划 |
[26:35] | This is where you live, huh? | 你就住在这啊 |
[26:38] | Norman Rockwell would walk down this street | 诺曼·罗克韦尔走过[上世纪美国著名插画家] |
[26:40] | and say, “A little much.” | 会说 “花哨了点” |
[26:43] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[26:45] | Of course. How else are you gonna make fun | 当然 不进来怎么能 |
[26:47] | of the inside of my house? | 嘲笑我房子的内饰呢 |
[26:49] | By the way, I, uh, checked my e-mail, | 对了 我查了我的邮箱 |
[26:51] | and, uh, you never sent me one. | 你没给我发过邮件 |
[26:54] | Did you check your campus e-mail? | 你查过校园邮箱吗 |
[26:57] | I have a campus e-mail? | 我还有个校园邮箱 |
[26:59] | Okay, I’m gonna make this brief, | 好吧 我直说了吧 |
[27:01] | mainly because I’ve got a dinner engagement | 主要是因为我晚饭有约 |
[27:03] | with someone infinitely more interesting than you. | 而对方比你有趣得不是一星半点 |
[27:07] | Climb down from your cross | 从你背负的十字架上下来 |
[27:09] | and come back to my class. | 回到我的课堂上 |
[27:10] | Why? So you can abuse me more? | 为什么 好让你有更多机会羞辱我 |
[27:13] | Yes, I will abuse you and scream at you, | 是的 我会羞辱你 朝你大喊 |
[27:16] | make you paint in the nude and do anything else | 让你裸身作画 让你做一切 |
[27:18] | I have to do to get you to stop being so scared. | 能让你不再那么害怕的事 |
[27:21] | I’m not scared. | 我没有害怕 |
[27:23] | I showed up at your class naked. | 我裸体出现在你的课堂上 |
[27:26] | Then you ran away. | 然后你跑了 |
[27:28] | It seems to me you do a lot of running away | 在我看来你经常性逃跑 |
[27:31] | and nervous giggling. | 还经常紧张地笑 |
[27:34] | You act like someone who’s… | 你的表现就像是 |
[27:38] | What? | 什么 |
[27:40] | You’re hiding something, | 你在隐瞒什么 |
[27:43] | And I’m gonna pull it out of you, | 我得把它逼出来 |
[27:44] | and when that happens, there is a chance– | 这样的话 有可能 |
[27:47] | the remotest, slimmest wisp of a chance– | 有微乎其微的可能 |
[27:51] | that you might actually become an artist. | 你会成为一名艺术家 |
[27:53] | Oh, god. Is this the part where you tell me | 天哪 你到这是不是就该告诉我 |
[27:56] | that the reason you’re being so hard on me | 你之所以对我这么严厉 |
[27:59] | is because I’m the only one in the class with potential? | 是因为我是班上唯一有潜力的学生 |
[28:03] | No. | 不 |
[28:05] | Amy Yamata’s the only one in the class with potential. | 艾米·山田才是班上唯一有潜力的学生 |
[28:09] | You’re a bizarre car crash that | 而你就是场诡异的车祸 |
[28:11] | somehow fascinates me. | 不知为何让我有点兴趣 |
[28:13] | Thank you? | 我该说谢谢 |
[28:15] | Now if you’ll excuse me, | 我就不多打扰了 |
[28:16] | This is about as long as I can spend | 对于一个装饰有陶瓷大象的房间 |
[28:18] | in a room decorated with ceramic elephants. | 这已经到我忍受的极限了 |
[28:34] | Hi, ladies. Someone wanna help me with these flowers? | 女士们 有人能帮我拿一下花吗 |
[28:38] | Okay, no worries. I got it. | 好吧 没事 我能搞定 |
[28:50] | What have you guys been doing? | 你们在干吗呢 |
[28:52] | People are gonna be here in two hours. Nothing’s been set up. | 两个小时后就来人了 什么都还没弄好 |
[28:54] | Well, I’m just so relaxed from that massage. | 上次那按摩太舒服了 |
[28:58] | I’d hate to lift something and tense up again. | 我可不想抬东西搞的又那么累 |
[29:00] | Yeah, and–and Ping worked so hard on these nails. | 是啊 小平那么认真地给我涂指甲 |
[29:03] | I would hate to chip them. | 我可不想磨花了 |
[29:04] | And I… can’t think of anything witty to say | 我 我想不出来什么话 |
[29:08] | about my fabulous new ‘do, | 来形容我这美丽的新发型 |
[29:10] | but I’m not doing squat either. | 不过我也什么都不会干的 |
[29:13] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你们干吗这么对我 |
[29:15] | I went out of my way to help you people. | 我已经费劲心思来帮你们了 |
[29:17] | Oh, my god, you are so out of touch. | 我的天 你真是搞不清楚状况 |
[29:19] | Do you really think a hot stone massage | 你真以为做一次热石按摩 |
[29:21] | is gonna solve my problems? | 就能解决我的问题了 |
[29:23] | You don’t understand the kinds of things real people deal with. | 你根本不明白人们过着怎样的现实生活 |
[29:26] | You live in this perfect little fairy tale. | 你住在你完美的童话生活里 |
[29:28] | Fine. I don’t need your help. | 好吧 我不需要你们的帮忙 |
[29:31] | I have two hours | 我还有两个小时时间 |
[29:32] | and a very capable husband. | 还有个很能干的老公 |
[29:34] | This event is going off without a hitch. | 这次活动一定会顺利举行的 |
[29:37] | Oh, and one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[29:43] | Hello? | 喂 |
[29:44] | Honey, sorry to bother you at work, | 亲爱的 抱歉打扰你工作了 |
[29:45] | but this is an emergency. | 但这边有紧急事件 |
[29:47] | Whoa. What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[29:48] | I need you to meet me at the school. | 我需要你到学校来找我 |
[29:50] | These P.T.A. Beeyotches– | 家长会这些基按人[贱人] |
[29:52] | Yeah, I’m talking to you, Cindy… | 对 说的就是你 辛迪 |
[29:54] | are refusing to help me. | 她们不乐意帮我 |
[29:55] | I need an extra pair of hands. | 我需要多一个人帮忙 |
[29:58] | Sure. I’ll be–be right there. | 好的 我 我一会就到 |
[30:00] | Ha! He’s on his way. | 他这就过来 |
[30:03] | Thanks. You’re a lifesaver. | 谢谢 你真是个救星 |
[30:25] | Wow. When I pictured this in my head, | 我在脑子里想象的时候 |
[30:28] | I wasn’t as old as all the other people… | 没想到我的年龄 会跟这里所有人 |
[30:30] | Combined. | 加起来一样老 |
[30:31] | Uh, two Martinis, dirty. | 两杯马天尼 野的[加橄榄汁] |
[30:34] | Oh, wait. That’s me. | 不对 野的是我 |
[30:38] | Feel free to use that if you want. | 这一句你想用就用吧 |
[30:41] | Maybe I will… at home, ’cause that’s where I’m going. | 等我回家了再用吧 我现在得回去 |
[30:43] | Oh, relax. | 放松吧 |
[30:45] | Look at this place like a candy store. | 看看这地方 跟糖果店似的 |
[30:47] | You just have to figure out what you’re in the mood for. | 你只需要想想自己现在想要什么口味 |
[30:49] | Obviously, something with nuts. | 很明显 得要个带种的 |
[30:52] | I thought I was done with this. | 我以为我早不玩这个了 |
[30:54] | I dated, I combed through all the losers, | 我约会过 在那些衰人中细细梳理了一遍 |
[30:58] | and I finally found a guy, | 最后选出了个男的 |
[31:00] | someone who was smart and made me laugh. | 聪明 又会逗我笑 |
[31:02] | And now to be back here, at my age, | 而到我这年纪了又回到这里 |
[31:05] | Doing it all over again, it’s depressing. | 重头来过 这太让人郁闷了 |
[31:12] | Oh, my god. You’re right. | 我的天 你说得对 |
[31:14] | What? | 什么 |
[31:15] | – It is depressing. – Renee. | -是挺让人郁闷的 -雷尼 |
[31:18] | What am I doing in hell’s candy store? | 我跑这糖果店来干什么呢 |
[31:20] | I have a guy. He’s smart and he makes me laugh. | 我有个男人 又聪明又会逗我笑 |
[31:23] | I thought you said Ben works too much. | 我记得你说他工作太忙了 |
[31:25] | Oh, he’s passionate about his job, but he’s a 10. | 他对工作很有热情 但他可以评十分 |
[31:28] | You add up every guy in this place and you get a 6. | 你把这里所有人加一块也不过六分 |
[31:35] | But you stay. There’s definitely somebody here for you. | 不过你留下吧 这里一定有适合你的 |
[31:44] | Orange cable… | 橙色的线 |
[31:45] | Goes around here… | 在这附近 |
[31:49] | This one goes here. | 这根连这里 |
[31:51] | Ha! And… Presto! | 然后 立刻[西语] |
[31:57] | So is “Presto” spanish for “Cover your ears”? | 所以这句西语的意思是不是 捂上耳朵 |
[32:02] | That’s hilarious, Cindy. | 真好笑啊 辛迪 |
[32:04] | You know, you should’ve been a comic | 你干吗不去演动画呢 |
[32:05] | instead of a pint-sized pain in my ass! | 这么小的身材跑来这里找我的茬 |
[32:08] | Oh, it’s getting late. | 时间过去不少 |
[32:10] | Looks like your perfect husband | 看来你那完美的丈夫 |
[32:11] | isn’t gonna be here to bail you out. | 是不会来救你场了 |
[32:17] | Aha! Look who’s here. | 看看谁来了 |
[32:20] | There’s my hero! | 我的英雄 |
[32:22] | Now hurry up. We need to get cracking here. | 赶紧的 我们得赶紧开工了 |
[32:25] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你干吗呢 |
[32:32] | Carlos. | 卡洛斯 |
[32:35] | Hey, Gaby. | 嘿 加布 |
[32:39] | Carlos, you can’t be here like this. | 卡洛斯 你不能这个样子待在这 |
[32:41] | You’ve gotta go. | 你得离开 |
[32:41] | No, no, no. Gonna help, okay? | 不不不 我要帮你 好吧 |
[32:42] | No. Please. You need to leave. | 不 求你了 你得离开 |
[32:45] | No, I’m gonna help, okay? Gonna help. | 不 我得帮你 得帮你 |
[32:47] | No, honey. You have to leave, please. | 不 亲爱的 你得离开 求你了 |
[32:50] | Hang on. Hang on. | 等一下 等一下 |
[33:04] | Rachel, get the soundboard set up. | 瑞秋 去把音板弄好 |
[33:06] | Melissa, Megan, start putting out the food. | 梅丽莎 梅根 去把吃的端出来 |
[33:10] | Melissa, now. | 梅丽莎 现在就去 |
[33:16] | It’s okay, Gaby. | 没事的 加布 |
[33:17] | We got it. | 我们能行 |
[33:21] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[33:23] | Just take care of your husband. | 只管照顾好你老公吧 |
[33:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[33:33] | I’m Phil, and you’re beautiful. | 我是菲尔 你很漂亮 |
[33:35] | You’re just saying that. | 你只是说说罢了 |
[33:37] | But I’ll take it. | 不过我领情了 |
[33:39] | God knows it took me long enough to get ready tonight. | 天知道我为今晚准备了多久 |
[33:42] | I even had to pay the sitter to come early. | 我甚至为了早点来还花钱雇了保姆 |
[33:44] | Sitter? So you have kids? | 保姆 你有孩子了 |
[33:47] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:47] | Five. Five kids. | 五个 五个孩子 |
[33:50] | Wow. That sounds like a lot. | 听起来还真不少 |
[33:52] | I actually have a husband, too, but we’re separated, | 我其实还有个丈夫 不过我们分居了 |
[33:54] | And we’re seeing other people. | 都在与别人约会 |
[33:55] | Or he is, and I’m trying to. | 也许只有他在约会 我还在尝试 |
[33:57] | Not that I’m doing it to retaliate, it’s just that– | 我不是想报复 只是… |
[33:59] | Wow. I can’t seem to stop talking. | 我真是说个没完啊 |
[34:01] | Maybe you could say something now. | 也许现在轮到你说了 |
[34:04] | Bye. | 再会 |
[34:07] | Bye-bye. | 再会了 |
[34:14] | Crowd’s a little light tonight, don’t you think? | 今晚来的人不多啊 你觉得呢 |
[34:19] | Can I buy you a drink or are you already lit? | 我是先请你喝一杯 还是你已经醉了 |
[34:24] | Oh, come on. I’ll let you play with my tie. | 来吧 我让你玩我的领带 |
[34:26] | Here’s the remote. | 遥控器在这儿呢 |
[34:37] | Don’t I know you from somewhere? | 我是不是在哪见过你 |
[34:40] | Okay. Not the most original line, | 好吧 老套的开场白 |
[34:42] | but you’re cute, so… Lynette. | 不过你很可爱 我是勒奈特 |
[34:46] | Right. Right. | 对了 对了 |
[34:47] | You’re Porter and Preston’s mom. | 你是波特和普雷斯顿的妈妈 |
[34:49] | Oh, god. | 我的天 |
[34:50] | Mrs. Scavo was the coolest mom. | 斯加沃太太是世上最酷的妈妈 |
[34:53] | She used to make us grilled cheese | 她过去常给我们把烤芝士 |
[34:54] | in the shape of dinosaurs. So what are you doing here? | 做成恐龙的形状 那您来这儿做什么 |
[34:59] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[35:08] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[35:09] | It’s probably the only set of keys with a purple lanyard. | 大概是唯一一串套着紫色手绳的钥匙 |
[35:11] | My kid made it at camp. | 是我孩子野营的时候做的 |
[35:14] | Look, I’m wearing something called skinny jeans, | 我现在身上穿着的铅笔裤 |
[35:17] | which are very painful | 勒得很疼 |
[35:18] | because I don’t have something called skinny legs, | 因为我没有铅笔那么细的双腿 |
[35:21] | so I just wanna go home | 所以我只想赶紧回家 |
[35:21] | and peel them off. Do you mind? | 把它脱掉 你介意吗 |
[35:23] | No, not at all. I just– I don’t–I don’t work here. | 不 不介意 只是我不在这儿工作 |
[35:28] | Oh, god. I’m sorry. You’re not the valet. | 天啊 对不起 你不是服务生 |
[35:31] | I knew this vest was a bad idea, | 我就知道不该穿这马甲 |
[35:33] | but the gay guy in my office told me they’re back. | 但我办公室里的同性恋说现在又兴这个了 |
[35:35] | No, the vest is great. | 不 马甲很好看 |
[35:39] | I have it in navy. | 我有一件海蓝色的 |
[35:41] | It’s just–I haven’t been out in so long, | 只是我很久没出来玩了 |
[35:43] | I figured I’d try to mix things up. | 我总觉得会把事情搞砸 |
[35:45] | You haven’t been out in so long? | 你还很久没出来玩 |
[35:47] | Last time I was at a bar like this, | 我上次来像这样的酒吧 |
[35:49] | beeper numbers were exchanged. | 大家交换的是传呼机号码 |
[35:51] | I didn’t even know they banned smoking in bars. | 我甚至不知道酒吧里禁烟 |
[35:53] | And how did the good, old, reliable martini | 还有过去那纯正可靠的马蒂尼 |
[35:55] | lose its job? | 也没人喝了吗 |
[35:56] | Apple? Cherry? Watermelon? | 苹果 樱桃 西瓜 |
[35:58] | Those are slushie flavors. | 这些口味真不给劲 |
[36:01] | I’m Lynette. | 我是勒奈特 |
[36:03] | Scott. | 斯考特 |
[36:04] | By the way, not that it’s a competition, | 既然现在要比谁更落伍 我再加一句 |
[36:06] | but I have two lanyards on my keychain. | 我的钥匙链上有两根手绳 |
[36:08] | They’re pink. | 是粉红色的 |
[36:10] | – Daughters? – Yes. | -有女儿吗 -是的 |
[36:12] | Divorce? | 离婚 |
[36:12] | No, thanks. I already had one. | 不 谢了 我已经离过一次了 |
[36:15] | You? | 你呢 |
[36:17] | Uh, separated. | 分居了 |
[36:25] | Listen, this is the first decent conversation I’ve had all night. | 这是我整晚第一次像样的聊天 |
[36:31] | What do you say we go back inside and continue it? | 你说我们进去再聊会儿如何 |
[36:34] | I say… | 要我说… |
[36:37] | Pomegranatinis are on me. | 石榴味马蒂尼算我请 |
[36:38] | All right. That was easy. | 好吧 那酒小菜一碟 |
[36:41] | You calling me easy? | 你是说我没酒量吗 |
[36:42] | Not yet. | 还没到时候 |
[36:49] | Um, please. | 请进 |
[36:52] | Uh, can I get you something to dink? | 我能给你倒点喝的吗 |
[36:55] | I have, uh, vodka. | 我这儿有伏特加 |
[36:57] | I have milk. I have chocolate milk. | 有牛奶 有巧克力奶 |
[37:00] | I have juice boxes. | 有果汁 |
[37:02] | Having kids has really ruined my game, huh? | 有孩子真是给我扫兴啊 |
[37:05] | Vodka and chocolate milk– | 伏特加和巧克力奶 |
[37:06] | That’s exactly what I give my baby to calm her down. | 正是我给孩子喝的 好让她安静下来 |
[37:12] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[37:13] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[37:28] | Now what do we do? | 现在我们做什么 |
[37:31] | I’d put on some music, | 我本可以放点音乐 |
[37:32] | but my EX got all my CDs. | 可我前妻把唱片都拿走了 |
[37:35] | I could turn on a black light, | 我也可以开一盏黑光灯 |
[37:37] | but I’m not 16. | 可我不是16岁了 |
[37:39] | Maybe I could light some candles, | 也许我可以点几根蜡烛 |
[37:41] | but that seems like kind of an obvious move, right? | 但那意图看起来又太直接了 对吧 |
[37:46] | Not as obvious as this. | 那也不如这样直接 |
[37:55] | Maybe obvious isn’t so bad. | 也许直接点也不坏 |
[38:03] | No? | 不好吗 |
[38:04] | No. Oh, no, it’s good. It’s good. Keep going. | 不不 很好很好 继续 |
[38:08] | I have another room that I would love to show you. | 我还有间房间 想带你参观参观 |
[38:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[38:13] | You’re getting… better at this. | 你真是渐入佳境了 |
[38:33] | Oh! Hang on. Hang on. | 等等 等等 |
[38:35] | Shoot! | 该死 |
[38:38] | Oh. Right here? | 就在这儿吗 |
[38:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:41] | No, I… dropped something. | 不是 我掉东西了 |
[38:43] | Oh. Can I help? | 我能帮忙吗 |
[38:46] | My ring fell off. You had to have shag carpeting, huh? | 我的戒指掉了 你非得铺长绒地毯吗 |
[38:48] | Ugh. That gay guy at my office | 我办公室那个同性恋说 |
[38:50] | said shag was back. | 现在又流行长绒的了 |
[38:52] | Really need to start getting my style tips from someone else. | 看来我真不能再听他的时尚建议了 |
[38:55] | Damn it. Where is it? | 该死 跑哪儿去了 |
[38:57] | This rug– it swallows everything. | 这地毯可以吞噬一切的 |
[38:58] | There used to be an end table here and… | 这里过去还有个茶几呢… |
[39:00] | Oh, my god! Please don’t be funny right now. | 天啊 这种时候别开玩笑了 |
[39:04] | Wait. Wait. Wait. | 等等 等等 |
[39:06] | Here it is. | 找到了 |
[39:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:15] | So, uh, where were we? | 那 我们进行到哪儿了 |
[39:26] | I’m sorry. I can’t. | 对不起 我不能 |
[39:31] | You’re a really great guy. | 你这个人真的不错 |
[39:33] | You’re nice and you’re funny and… | 人很好 又风趣 |
[39:37] | Whatever you were doing… | 无论你对我的脖子 |
[39:39] | to–to my neck was really working for me, | 下了什么功夫 真的很奏效 |
[39:41] | But the idea of walking 10 feet into your bedroom | 但是现在走10步去你的房间 |
[39:44] | is about the scariest thing I can think of right now. | 是我能想到最害怕的事 |
[39:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:55] | I’m… | 我 |
[39:56] | hoping to work things out with my husband, | 我希望能跟我丈夫把问题解决 |
[39:59] | and I guess I just– | 我想我只是 |
[40:01] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[40:03] | You’re not there yet. | 你还没准备好 |
[40:06] | I’m not. | 我是没有 |
[40:15] | Well, I think I should go. | 我想我该走了 |
[40:18] | Come on. | 起来吧 |
[40:32] | I understand your hesitation. | 我理解你们的犹豫 |
[40:34] | I am one of those people with a manicured lawn | 我家也有着修剪整齐的草地 |
[40:37] | who would object | 当我看到这样的提案 |
[40:40] | when a proposal like this | 可能威胁自己的社区 |
[40:42] | threatens her community. | 也会极力反对 |
[40:43] | But my eyes have been opened, | 但我已经放开眼界 |
[40:44] | and I will personally go door-to-door | 我将亲自挨家挨户地上门 |
[40:47] | to help other people see how essential this project is, | 让更多人看到这个项目有多必要 |
[40:51] | so that where we live can truly | 唯有这样 我们居住的地方 |
[40:54] | be called a community. | 才能被称为社区 |
[41:05] | You were amazing. | 你说得太棒了 |
[41:08] | Well, I meant every word. | 我字字是肺腑之言 |
[41:09] | I want to help you any way I can. | 我想尽全力帮助你 |
[41:11] | Great. Well, uh, first thing tomorrow, | 太好了 明早第一件事 |
[41:13] | I’ll take you out to see the construction site. | 我带你去建筑工地看看 |
[41:17] | Yes, we may think | 是的 我们或许想过 |
[41:19] | we’re all destined to play certain roles. | 我们都注定要扮演某些角色 |
[41:23] | But sometimes those roles can unexpectedly change. | 但有时这些角色发生的变化出人意料 |
[41:30] | A nervous student | 紧张的学生 |
[41:31] | may discover a hidden confidence. | 也许会找到隐藏的自信 |
[41:35] | A longtime wife | 已婚多年的妻子 |
[41:37] | may confront a harsh new reality. | 也许要面对急转直下的现实 |
[41:41] | A busy mother | 忙碌的母亲 |
[41:42] | may find her attention is needed elsewhere. | 也许急需转移注意力 |
[41:48] | And a woman who wanted to do a little bit of good | 而原本只想做些许善事的女人 |
[41:52] | may find herself playing | 也许会发现 她要扮演的角色 |
[41:55] | a much bigger role than she intended. | 比起她的初衷 重要得多 |
[41:59] | I was searching and searching for the perfect spot, | 我一直在找最佳场地 |
[42:02] | and then I found it– | 然后我发现了它 |
[42:04] | Chapman woods. | 查曼树林 |
[42:06] | Have you ever been here before? | 你以前来过这儿吗 |
[42:16] | Once. | 来过一次 |
[42:17] | Well, they’re finally gonna break ground on tuesday, | 周二他们终于能动工了 |
[42:21] | and it’s all thanks to you. | 这都多亏了你 |
[42:24] | Glad I could help. | 很高兴我帮得上忙 |