时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | There was flirtation. | 有人言语暧昧 |
[00:04] | Here’s my card. If you see anything suspicious, | 这是我名片 发现可疑情况 |
[00:06] | I want you to call me… | 希望你打电话给我 |
[00:07] | or even if you don’t. | 即使没有可疑情况你也可以打 |
[00:09] | There was confrontation. | 有人直言不讳 |
[00:11] | After all those years that I supported you, | 这么多年来我一直支持着你 |
[00:13] | took a backseat to your career, you couldn’t do the same for me. | 力挺你的事业 而你却不能为我这么做 |
[00:16] | Oh! Aah! There was a fight. | 有人大发雷霆 |
[00:18] | Leave me alone! | 别管我 |
[00:21] | And… there were consequences. | 并终酿苦果 |
[00:30] | Susan Delfino was charitable to a fault. | 苏珊·德尔非诺仁慈过头 |
[00:34] | She just couldn’t resist lending a hand. | 她就是忍不住伸出援手 |
[00:39] | There wasn’t a lost pet she could ignore… | 她没法无视迷路的宠物 |
[00:44] | A girl in uniform she could refuse… | 无法拒绝身着校服的小女孩 |
[00:50] | Or a struggling artist she could say no to. | 无法对困窘的艺人说不 |
[00:57] | So when it came to a neighbor in need… | 所以当她的邻居陷入困境时… |
[01:01] | Oh, my god. Paul, what happened? | 天呐 保罗 出什么事了 |
[01:03] | Susan was only too eager to help. | 苏珊只会急切给予帮助 |
[01:06] | I started having chest pains, | 开始是我胸口疼 |
[01:09] | passed out, came to, dialed 9-1-1. | 然后晕了过去 醒来就打了急救电话 |
[01:12] | They’ve been running tests all night. | 我一整晚都在做检查 |
[01:14] | Well, I’m gonna be here for you till they figure it out. | 在查清病因之前 我会一直陪着你的 |
[01:18] | I brought you these– magazines, water. | 我给你带了杂志和水 |
[01:21] | You’re unbelievable. | 你真是难以置信 |
[01:23] | I’ve got a street full of neighbors, | 一条整条街的邻居 |
[01:25] | and the only one who comes to see me is the woman I yelled at. | 唯一来看我的 是被我吼过的女人 |
[01:27] | – Sorry about that. – It was my fault. | -真的很抱歉 -是我的错 |
[01:29] | I shouldn’t have asked you about getting my house back. | 我不应该问你要回我的房子 |
[01:32] | I sounded like a vulture. | 听上去太贪得无厌了 |
[01:34] | Mr… Young, we’ve got your test results. | 杨先生 你的检查结果出来了 |
[01:37] | Could you excuse us for a moment, Susan? | 能回避一下吗 苏珊 |
[01:39] | Oh, yeah. I’ll wait outside. | 好的 我在外面等你 |
[01:44] | Well, good news. Your E.K.G. came back normal. | 好消息 你的心电图恢复正常了 |
[01:47] | – So it’s not a heart attack? – It’s not a heart attack. | -那么不是心脏病了 -不是心脏病 |
[01:50] | Says here you’ve been experiencing dizziness, | 你的症状有头晕 |
[01:51] | nausea, stomach cramps. | 反胃 胃痉挛的症状 |
[01:53] | That’s right. What do you think it is? | 是的 你觉得是怎么回事 |
[01:56] | I think unless you’ve been poisoned | 我认为除非你是被下毒 |
[01:59] | or you’re pregnant, it’s probably just stress. | 或是怀孕了 否则应该只是压力所致 |
[02:03] | Poisoned? | 被下毒 |
[02:04] | Yeah. I remember this case when I was an intern. | 是的 记得我实习时碰到过一个病例 |
[02:08] | A man came in with the same symptoms. | 有个男人和你的症状一样 |
[02:10] | Turns out his wife was putting antifreeze in his oatmeal. | 原来是他妻子在他的麦片里放了防冻剂 |
[02:13] | Little bit every day so it wasn’t obvious. | 每天吃一点 完全看不出来 |
[02:15] | But eventually, it killed him. | 但最后还是把他害死了 |
[02:17] | Good lesson for all of us– don’t piss off the old lady. | 给我们上了宝贵的一课 别惹老女人 |
[02:37] | What did he say? | 医生怎么说的 |
[02:39] | He thinks it’s stress. | 他认为是压力所致 |
[02:41] | Just stress? | 只是压力吗 |
[02:43] | That’s a relief. So you must be starving. | 那就放心了 你一定饿坏了 |
[02:47] | What can I make you for dinner tonight? | 今天晚餐给你做点什么呢 |
[02:50] | Yes, Susan Delfino just couldn’t resist | 没错 苏珊·德尔非诺就是无法 |
[02:53] | lending a hand to a neighbor in trouble. | 置陷入困境的邻居于不顾 |
[02:56] | I’m sure anything you bring | 我肯定无论你做什么 |
[02:57] | will be a huge help to me. | 对我都是莫大的帮助 |
[02:59] | …which was about to cause her some trouble of her own. | 而这将令她惹祸上身 |
[03:16] | No matter how secure we are, | 无论我们多么倍感安心 |
[03:20] | we all experience moments of dread. | 我们都有害怕的一刻 |
[03:25] | It may be just before we open our credit card bill… | 也许是在我们拆开信用卡账单之时 |
[03:31] | or hand over a note from our teacher… | 或是转交老师的告状信之时 |
[03:36] | or step on the scale after a week away from the gym. | 或是荒废健身一周后站上体重秤之时 |
[03:43] | Yes, we all experience moments of dread, | 是的 我们都有过害怕的时刻 |
[03:47] | And sometimes | 而有时 |
[03:49] | we have no one to blame… | 我们怨不得别人 |
[03:52] | but ourselves. | 完全是咎由自取 |
[03:56] | Daddy’s home. How are my– | 我回来啦 我的孩子… |
[04:05] | “Bloody stranger two”? She can’t watch this! | 《血染陌客2》 她不能看这个 |
[04:08] | Daddy, no! | 不要 爸爸 |
[04:10] | Look, this is about some… stranger who comes to town | 这是讲一个陌生人跑到城里 |
[04:14] | and starts murdering slutty teenagers! | 谋杀放荡的青少年的故事 |
[04:16] | Yeah. It’s a good lesson for when she’s older. | 等她再大一点 这是不错的一课 |
[04:18] | Don’t be a slutty teenager. | 不要成为放荡的青少年 |
[04:20] | Gaby, this is way too violent. | 加布 这种教育方式太暴力了 |
[04:22] | Oh, the kid’s used to violence. | 这孩子对暴力早就习以为常了 |
[04:25] | You’ve seen me make her eat carrots. | 你也见过我逼迫她吃胡萝卜的情景了 |
[04:27] | Besides, Juanita knows the movie’s fake. | 再说胡安妮塔知道电影都是假的 |
[04:30] | Right, honey? | 是吧 亲爱的 |
[04:31] | Duh. There’s no way one speargun | 当然 在现实生活中 |
[04:35] | could shoot through three heads in real life. | 捕鱼枪不可能射穿三个人的脑袋 |
[04:37] | Exactly. Two, maybe. | 没错 也许只能射穿两个 |
[04:39] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[04:43] | Oh, Carlos, relax. | 卡洛斯 别那么紧张 |
[04:45] | Juanita’s tough. She’ll be fine. | 胡安妮塔很勇敢的 她不会有事的 |
[04:51] | Aah! He’s out there! | 他在外面 |
[04:53] | Oh! Calm down, sweetie. Who’s out there? | 冷静点 亲爱的 谁在外面 |
[04:56] | The bloody stranger. | 染血陌客 |
[04:57] | He was standing on our lawn looking at our house. | 他站在咱家花园里 看着我们家 |
[05:00] | The bloody stranger. Nice. | 染血陌客 非常好 |
[05:03] | No, honey, we talked about this, remember? | 亲爱的 我们不是聊过了 记得吗 |
[05:05] | How it was all pretend? | 那些都是假的 |
[05:07] | Can I sleep in here with you guys? | 我能和你们一起睡吗 |
[05:10] | You can sleep with her. I’m gonna sleep in your bed. | 你可以跟她睡 我去睡你的床 |
[05:12] | Celia’s in my bed. | 西利娅睡在我床上 |
[05:14] | Then I’ll sleep in Celia’s bed. | 那我去睡西利娅的床 |
[05:16] | She wet her bed. | 她把床尿湿了 |
[05:19] | Come on in. | 上来吧 |
[05:33] | – Hey! – Hey! | -好啊 -好啊 |
[05:35] | Look who’s home in time for dinner! | 瞧瞧谁回来吃晚餐了 |
[05:37] | Yeah, well, I couldn’t miss spaghetti night. | 是啊 我不能错过意大利面之夜 |
[05:39] | Spaghetti night’s Tuesday, dad. | 意大利面之夜是星期二 老爸 |
[05:41] | You made it home for taco night. | 你赶上了玉米卷之夜 |
[05:43] | Taco night? Ay, caramba! | 玉米卷之夜 我的妈呀 |
[05:47] | Hey–no. I’m kidding. Mwah. | 不是 我开玩笑呢 |
[05:50] | Hey, your mom made a lovely dinner, | 你们的妈妈做了美味的晚餐 |
[05:52] | so the least that I could do was bring home dessert. | 那我起码要献上餐后甜点 |
[05:57] | – Plane tickets? – That’s right. | -飞机票 -是的 |
[05:59] | – I planned the family vacation this year. – You did what? | -我计划今年全家旅行 -什么 |
[06:03] | Seven days, six nights | 入住皇家凯卢阿水疗度假中心 |
[06:05] | at the Royal Kailua Spa and Resort | 六晚七天 |
[06:08] | in… Hawaii. | 夏威夷游 |
[06:11] | – Well done, Sir! – I’ve never been there! | -好样的 老兄 -我从未去过 |
[06:15] | You bought the tickets without talking to me first? | 你没跟我商量就买了机票 |
[06:17] | Okay. Not exactly | 居然不说 |
[06:19] | “Wow, Tom, you’re the greatest husband in the world.” | “汤姆 你是世界上最棒的丈夫” |
[06:22] | But I told you, I already planned our vacation, | 但我告诉过你 我己经计划好了我们的假期 |
[06:25] | just like I’ve been doing for the last 16 years. | 16年来都是我计划的 |
[06:27] | Well, there you go. You deserve a year off. | 那你更应该休息休息了 |
[06:30] | Wait until you see | 你们就等着看 |
[06:31] | – the waterslides at this place. – Cool! | -这个地方的游泳池吧 -酷 |
[06:35] | Yeah. Yeah, cool. Except I just spent two weeks | 是啊 是啊 很酷 我花了两周 |
[06:39] | mapping out a route for a camping trip, | 制定野营路线 |
[06:41] | – And I put a deposit down on an R.V. – Okay, so we eat the deposit. | -我还付了房车的定金 -那定金我们不要了 |
[06:44] | Wish I could eat it right now. | 真希望现在就出发 |
[06:48] | And I told my sister we’d stop by and visit on the way. | 我还告诉我姐姐我们会顺道拜访 |
[06:55] | We get back from Hawaii, | 我们从夏威夷回来 |
[06:57] | we fly her out to see us here– | 给她买机票来这里看我们 |
[06:59] | Boom! Problem solved. | 问题解决了 |
[07:04] | And yet still no | 你还是不说 |
[07:06] | “You’re the greatest husband in the world”? | “你是世界上最棒的老公” |
[07:11] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[07:13] | First class? | 头等舱 |
[07:14] | You are the greatest husband in the world! | 你是世界上最棒的老公 |
[07:18] | Aah! Oh, my god! We’re going to Hawaii! Aah! | 天啊 我们要去夏威夷啦 |
[07:21] | Yes! So lucky! Ohh. | 是的 太幸运了 |
[07:23] | Yeah. | 太好了 |
[07:24] | Hawaii. | 夏威夷 |
[07:32] | Principal Hobson! | 霍布斯校长 |
[07:37] | Principal Hobson? | 霍布斯校长 |
[07:39] | Principal Hobson! | 霍布斯校长 |
[07:43] | Uh–Susan! Hey! Great to see you! | 苏珊 见到你真高兴 |
[07:46] | Did you get my e-mails? | 你收到我的邮件了吗 |
[07:48] | I sent you, like, ten. | 我给你发了得有十封 |
[07:49] | E-mails? No. | 邮件 没有 |
[07:52] | – Oh. Well, in the first one– – All right. I got them. | -在第一封里 -好吧 我收到了 |
[07:57] | And I would be glad to give you your job back, | 我会很高兴能让你回来工作 |
[07:59] | But I’m afraid it just isn’t gonna happen. | 但恐怕这事得黄了 |
[08:02] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[08:03] | Susan, you can’t be surprised that there are consequences | 苏珊 这样的结果你很意外吗 |
[08:07] | when you show up on the internet holding a feather duster | 你穿着紫色内衣拿着鸡毛掸子 |
[08:10] | and wearing a purple bra? | 在网络上露面影响太坏了 |
[08:12] | That was very specific. | 你描述的真够详细 |
[08:15] | Well, I-I had to verify the claims in order to– | 我必须要亲自核实以免… |
[08:20] | My point is, the damage was done. | 我的意思是 事已至此 |
[08:23] | I know. I made a mistake. | 我知道 我犯了错 |
[08:25] | But I feel like I deserve a second chance. | 但我觉得应该再给我次机会 |
[08:28] | If it were up to me, I would give you that chance. | 如果由我说了算 我会给你机会 |
[08:31] | But you know private schools. | 但你了解私立学校 |
[08:32] | The parents’ council has all the power. | 家长委员会才握有实权 |
[08:35] | So… if I were to win them over… | 如果我能说服他们 |
[08:38] | Well, it would be a start. | 这倒是个好的开始 |
[08:40] | Thank you. I’ll take it from here. | 谢谢你 我就先这么干 |
[08:43] | Oh, and I promise, | 我保证 |
[08:45] | no feather duster, no purple bra. | 不会再有鸡毛掸子 紫色内衣 |
[08:47] | And no black bustier. | 也不要黑色紧身胸衣 |
[08:52] | Nice talking to you. | 和你谈话很愉快 |
[09:02] | Oh, detective Vance. I was just, um, heading out. | 万斯侦探 我刚要出去 |
[09:07] | I won’t keep you. | 我不会耽搁你 |
[09:08] | I just stopped by to give you another card, | 我只是顺道过来再给你张名片 |
[09:09] | to replace the one you lost. | 弥补你丢的那张 |
[09:11] | What makes you think I lost it? | 你怎么认为我丢了 |
[09:12] | I gave it to you two days ago. You never called me, | 我两天前给你的 你却没给我打过电话 |
[09:14] | So I’m assuming you lost it. | 所以我估计你是丢了 |
[09:16] | No. I didn’t. | 没有 我没丢 |
[09:18] | Now, is that nice? | 这样礼貌吗 |
[09:19] | I give you a graceful way to spare my feelings, | 你明明可以婉转一点 让我下个台阶 |
[09:22] | and you clobber me with facts. | 而你却要用真相打击我 |
[09:24] | You sure you didn’t lose it? | 你确信你没丢 |
[09:26] | Quite sure. In fact, it’s right here in my purse. | 非常确信 事实上 它就在我钱包里 |
[09:30] | You didn’t throw it away. | 你没扔了它 |
[09:32] | That must mean you were thinking of calling. | 说明你还是会考虑打电话 |
[09:36] | This is my second try. I can’t ask you again. | 这是我第二次尝试 我不会再约你了 |
[09:39] | – Is that an ultimatum? – It’s a fact of courtship– | -这是最后通牒吗 -这是在求爱 |
[09:42] | Twice is charmingly persistent. | 两次是可贵的坚持不懈 |
[09:44] | Once more and I’m stalking you. | 再不答应我就要跟踪你了 |
[09:45] | – So you’re courting me? – I’m trying to. | -你在向我求爱 -我正在努力 |
[09:48] | When will you stop playing hard to get? | 你什么时候才能不再欲擒故纵 |
[09:50] | Maybe when you stop playing hard to want. | 也许等你不再不择手段来追吧 |
[09:53] | You see how much you enjoy smacking me down? | 瞧瞧你有多享受各应我啊 |
[09:56] | Why pass up a chance to do it all night? | 为何要拒绝一个可以各应我整晚的机会呢 |
[09:58] | Come on. One dinner. | 来吧 就一顿饭的事 |
[10:04] | Fine. This Thursday, 8:00 P.M. | 好吧 这周四 晚上8点 |
[10:08] | Great. See you then. | 太好了 回见 |
[10:12] | I thought you were heading out. | 我还以为你是要出去 |
[10:17] | Right. | 是的 |
[10:33] | You… want me to test a tuna noodle casserole? | 你想让我检验金枪鱼面条炖菜 |
[10:37] | Is that a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[10:39] | Well, normally we test stuff | 通常我们检验的都是 |
[10:41] | like soil samples and ground water, | 土壤样品和地下水 |
[10:43] | But sure, I can do it. What are you looking for? | 不过当然 我做的了 你要找什么 |
[10:46] | Antifreeze. | 防冻剂 |
[11:01] | Hey. What are you doing tonight? | 你今晚干嘛 |
[11:03] | A friend of mine’s playing at a jazz club. | 我有朋友在一家爵士俱乐部玩 |
[11:05] | Oh, thanks, Renee, but I have a date. | 谢谢 雷尼 但我有约会 |
[11:06] | If you don’t want to come, just say so. | 如果你不想来 就直说 |
[11:09] | You don’t have to make stuff up. | 不必捏造此事 |
[11:10] | No! I really do have a date. | 没有 我真的有约会 |
[11:12] | – Is that so hard to believe? – Uh, slightly. | -就那么难以相信吗 -有点 |
[11:15] | So who is he? | 他是谁 |
[11:16] | He’s a detective. His name is Chuck. | 他是个侦探 叫查克 |
[11:20] | Chuck Vance. | 查克·万斯 |
[11:22] | Well, don’t stop. I want to hear it all. | 接着说 我要听详情 |
[11:24] | Actually, that’s all I know. | 事实上 我就知道这些 |
[11:26] | That’s it? And you agreed to go out with him? | 就这些 你就答应和他出去了 |
[11:29] | I never date a guy | 我从来不约 |
[11:31] | until I’ve done a complete background check. | 没做过详细背景调查的男人 |
[11:33] | – Maybe I should just google him. – Amateur. | -也许我应该网上搜下他 -外行 |
[11:36] | Give me his name | 告诉我他的名字 |
[11:37] | and I will find out everything worth knowing– | 我会找出一切有价值的真相 |
[11:39] | marital history, net worth, | 婚姻史 资产净值 |
[11:41] | results of his last physical. | 他最后一次体检的结果 |
[11:42] | The physical seems excessive. | 体检就有点过分了 |
[11:44] | That’s what I thought | 我以前也这么觉得 |
[11:45] | till I spent a weekend pinned under a dead linebacker. | 直到我跟一个不举的后卫住了一周 |
[11:52] | Why would you let her watch | 你为什么让她看 |
[11:53] | something called “Bloody stranger two”? | 一个叫《嗜血陌客2》的节目 |
[11:55] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[11:57] | I’m an idiot. Now she’s having nightmares | 我就是个傻瓜 现在她做了恶梦 |
[11:59] | and crawling into our bed every night. | 每天晚上都钻进我们的被窝里 |
[12:01] | When I was a kid, I had bad dreams | 当我是小孩子时 我做过的恶梦 |
[12:03] | like you wouldn’t believe– jumping-out-of-bed, | 你肯定不会相信 从床上跳下来 |
[12:05] | running-down-the-hall-screaming kind of dreams. | 跑到大厅里尖叫 这样的梦 |
[12:07] | So what’d you do? | 那你是怎么做的 |
[12:08] | Guess I outgrew ’em. | 我长大了就好了 |
[12:09] | You did? | 是吗 |
[12:12] | Juanita, come here! | 胡安妮塔 过来 |
[12:13] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[12:14] | I figured you could talk to her. | 我想你可以和她谈谈心 |
[12:16] | You know, give her one of those “It gets better” speeches | 说说你们同性恋最爱唠叨的 |
[12:19] | you gays love so much. | “会好起来的”之类的话 |
[12:23] | Sweetie, Lee wants to talk to you. | 亲爱的 李想跟你谈谈 |
[12:27] | So your mom says you’ve been having nightmares. | 你妈说你一直做噩梦 |
[12:28] | What are they about? | 你都梦到了什么 |
[12:30] | I see this creepy guy standing on our lawn. | 我梦到一个吓人的人站在我家草坪上 |
[12:32] | Oh, you poor thing. | 可怜的小家伙 |
[12:34] | You know, when I was little, | 在我小的时候 |
[12:35] | I had nightmares, too. | 也常做噩梦 |
[12:37] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -对啊 |
[12:39] | My brother told me that there was a hospital | 我哥哥告诉我在市郊有一家医院 |
[12:42] | for the criminally insane on the outskirts of town. | 专治有犯罪倾向的神经病 |
[12:45] | And at night, the inmates would escape | 而在晚上 里面的人会跑出来 |
[12:48] | and kidnap little boys and girls. | 绑架男孩和女孩 |
[12:50] | But it’s not real. | 但这不是真的 |
[12:51] | His brother was just trying to scare him. | 他哥哥只是想吓唬他 |
[12:54] | Oh, no. It was totally real. | 不 绝对是真的 |
[12:56] | One summer, three kids went missing. | 有一年夏天 三个孩子失踪了 |
[12:58] | – Until they found them… – Right. | -但后来找到了 -是的 |
[13:00] | About a month later… in a ravine. | 一个月后在一个山谷里找到了 |
[13:03] | Alive! | 生龙活虎的 |
[13:05] | No. | 才不 |
[13:06] | Come on. They were in a ravine. | 动动脑子嘛 在山谷里诶 |
[13:07] | What good ever comes out of a ravine? | 山谷里能有什么好事 |
[13:13] | What the hell was that? | 你这是干嘛呢 |
[13:15] | I’m just showing her there’s nothing to be frightened of. | 我只是告诉她没什么好怕的 |
[13:17] | My story’s way scarier than hers. | 我的故事比她的更吓人 |
[13:22] | Okay. So Cindy’s in charge of decorations, | 好了 辛迪负责装饰品 |
[13:24] | Abby, you’re handling music… | 艾比 你负责音乐 |
[13:27] | Oh, sorry. Sorry. Don’t let me interrupt. | 抱歉 不好意思 你继续讲 |
[13:48] | Susan, what are you doing here? | 苏珊 你来这干嘛 |
[13:51] | I heard you guys were planning an open house night, | 我听说你们在筹办学校开放日 |
[13:54] | and I’d love to pitch in. How can I help? | 我也想出一份力 需要我做什么 |
[13:56] | Let’s see. You’re legendary for your cleaning abilities. | 我想想 你的清扫能力闻名遐迩啊 |
[14:00] | That didn’t take long. | 那个我没做多久 |
[14:03] | Do you need any refreshments? | 你们需要什么茶点吗 |
[14:04] | I could make something. | 我可以做点吃的 |
[14:06] | Thanks, but if we need any help, | 谢谢 要是我们有什么需要 |
[14:07] | we’ll call you. | 会再打给你的 |
[14:08] | Is it still 99 cents a minute? | 还是99美分一分钟吗 |
[14:12] | Okay, uh… | 好吧 |
[14:14] | Looks like we should just get this out there. | 看来这事需要讲讲清楚 |
[14:16] | My family had a really crappy year. | 我的家庭这一年过得很不好 |
[14:20] | Uh, I did some things that I am not proud of. | 我也做了些不值一提的事 |
[14:25] | But I was a damn good teacher when I was at this school. | 但我在学校时 绝对是一名好老师 |
[14:30] | And I was hoping that you ladies might eventually | 所以我希望你们最终能 |
[14:34] | support hiring me back. | 支持我回来教书 |
[14:36] | You want to teach here again? | 你又想来这教书吗 |
[14:39] | I think the parents’ council | 我想家长委员会 |
[14:42] | might have a big problem with that. | 对此会有很大争议 |
[14:44] | Look, I-I’m not asking for your forgiveness– | 我并不求你们原谅我 |
[14:48] | Just a chance to earn it. | 只要一个赢取宽恕的机会 |
[14:50] | Let me do something for open house. | 让我也为开放日出一份力 |
[14:53] | I really do wanna help. | 我真的想帮帮忙 |
[14:56] | Okay. How about you pick up the streamers? | 那好 你来收拾彩带如何 |
[15:00] | Streamers? | 彩带 |
[15:01] | If you can handle it. | 如果你能胜任的话 |
[15:03] | Just be careful not to confuse them with tassels. | 当心别和流苏弄混了 |
[15:08] | Meeting adjourned. | 休会 |
[15:15] | I shouldn’t even look at this. | 我就不应该看这个 |
[15:17] | It feels like such an intrusion. | 这就像是非法入侵一样 |
[15:19] | And besides, he’ll be here any minute. | 而且 他随时都会出现 |
[15:21] | Then I’m just in the nick of time. | 那我真是来得太及时了 |
[15:23] | You found something bad? | 你发现了什么丑事吗 |
[15:25] | Well, for me, | 对我来说 |
[15:26] | his salary alone | 光看到他的薪水 |
[15:27] | makes him a non-starter. | 我就不想再多看他一眼了 |
[15:28] | But you may be more interested in what’s on page three. | 不过你应该对第三页的东西更感兴趣 |
[15:32] | Is he a dirty cop? | 他是个下流的警察 |
[15:33] | Or a democrat? | 或是个民主党 |
[15:35] | Worse. | 更糟 |
[15:55] | Hello, Chuck. | 你好 查克 |
[15:56] | I was afraid I was early, but, uh… | 我还怕我来早了 不过 |
[15:58] | looks like you’re all ready. | 显然你已经整装待发了 |
[16:00] | Oh, I’m ready, all right. Shall we? | 当然 我们走吧 |
[16:12] | Hope this is okay. | 希望这里合你的意 |
[16:13] | You like Italian, right? | 你喜欢意大利菜吧 |
[16:15] | Everybody likes Italian. | 人人都爱意大利菜 |
[16:16] | Oh, it’s fine. | 蛮好的 |
[16:17] | So let’s talk. | 下面让我们交交心 |
[16:20] | Tell me about yourself. Tell me everything. | 说说你自己吧 说详细点 |
[16:24] | Okay, what do you want to know? | 行啊 你想知道什么 |
[16:26] | Oh, whatever you think is, hmm… pertinent. | 只要是你觉得相关的 都行 |
[16:29] | Okay. Um, I was born in Pennsylvania. | 好吧 我出生在宾州 |
[16:32] | I played some ball in college. | 我在大学经常打球 |
[16:34] | Um, I have a degree– criminology. | 我还拿到了犯罪学学位 |
[16:36] | Interesting. | 真好 |
[16:41] | Anything else? | 还有吗 |
[16:43] | Well, I have two kids. | 我有两个孩子 |
[16:45] | Oh. So you’ve been married. | 那你结过婚咯 |
[16:46] | Yeah. Didn’t work out. | 是啊 失败的婚姻 |
[16:49] | I hope you don’t judge me for that. | 希望你别因此而看扁我 |
[16:51] | Oh, no. Not for that. | 不 不会的 |
[16:55] | Is something wrong, Bree? | 有什么问题吗 布里 |
[16:56] | I’m just wondering when you were going to tell me | 我就想知道你打算什么时候告诉我 |
[16:58] | that you’re still married. | 你还没有离婚 |
[17:03] | I see you’ve done due diligence. | 看来你还做了背景调查 |
[17:06] | Did your source happen to mention | 你的材料上有没有提到 |
[17:08] | that I filed for divorce last spring? | 去年春天我申请过离婚 |
[17:10] | And that it hasn’t gone through, | 结果没被通过 |
[17:11] | So technically, you’re still married. | 所以严格地说 你仍是已婚 |
[17:13] | You should have told me. | 你早该告诉我的 |
[17:14] | We haven’t even ordered yet. | 我们都还没点单 |
[17:16] | You expect me to lead with that? | 我希望我用这话开头吗 |
[17:17] | “Hey, I’m technically married. | “我还没有离婚 |
[17:19] | “The chicken looks good.” | “鸡肉看起来很诱人” |
[17:19] | You shouldn’t be dating at all until your divorce is final. | 你应该在离婚之后再约我的 |
[17:22] | What if you and your wife reconcile? | 要是你和你老婆又和好了呢 |
[17:24] | I haven’t spoken to my wife | 一年来 只要我律师不在场 |
[17:26] | in a year without my lawyer present. | 我就从没跟我老婆说过话 |
[17:28] | You can’t blame me for doing a simple background check. | 你不能因为一个简单的背景调查而怪我 |
[17:31] | Hell, no. | 当然不会 |
[17:32] | I’m sure you want to avoid another mistake | 我肯定你是想避免重蹈覆辙吧 |
[17:34] | like your second husband, | 比如你的第二任丈夫 |
[17:36] | the hit-and-run driver. | 那个肇事逃逸者 |
[17:38] | Orson, was it? | 奥森 是吧 |
[17:40] | What? | 什么 |
[17:41] | Tell me, who was creepier– | 告诉我谁更吓人一点 |
[17:42] | him or that pharmacist | 是他还是那个 |
[17:44] | who killed himself while you were dating? | 在你们恋爱时自杀的药剂师 |
[17:48] | Where did you hear that? | 你从哪听来的 |
[17:49] | I pulled your police file. | 我看过你的警局档案 |
[17:52] | I have a file? | 我还有个档案吗 |
[17:54] | And you pulled it. | 你竟然看了 |
[17:57] | How dare you investigate me before our date! | 你竟敢还没有约会就调查我 |
[18:00] | Say that again, and this time, listen for the irony. | 再说一次 听听看有多讽刺 |
[18:03] | There is no comparison to what I did. | 我的所作所为没什么见不得人的 |
[18:05] | You could have been dangerous! I have to protect myself. | 你可能是个危险人物 我得保护自己 |
[18:08] | Oh, women can be dangerous, too, | 女人也可能是危险分子 |
[18:10] | Especially ones who own four handguns | 尤其是那些有四把手枪外加 |
[18:12] | and a .30-06 hunting rifle. | 一把点30-06口径猎枪的女人 |
[18:14] | What’s up with that? | 你用这么多枪干什么 |
[18:14] | This is outrageous. | 你太无礼了 |
[18:16] | You are treating me like a common criminal! | 你现在像在审犯人一样审我 |
[18:18] | What can I get you folks to start? | 你们要点什么菜 |
[18:19] | I will not be ordering. I want to go home now. | 我不要点菜 我要马上回家 |
[18:24] | Come on, Bree. Calm down. Have a drink. | 拜托 布里 冷静点 来杯酒 |
[18:27] | I don’t drink. Wasn’t that in my file? | 我不喝酒 我档案里不是有吗 |
[18:29] | Someone’s slipping. | 有人疏忽啦 |
[18:40] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[18:42] | Hmm? What do you think I’m doing? | 你觉得呢 |
[18:44] | I think you’re wasting your time, | 我觉得你在浪费时间 |
[18:46] | much as I did when I planned this year’s vacation. | 就像我浪费时间计划今年的假期一样 |
[18:50] | We should have discussed this. | 我们应该先商量下的 |
[18:52] | I wanted to surprise you. | 我想给你个惊喜 |
[18:55] | I wasn’t surprised. I was blindsided. | 我可没觉得惊喜 我有些措手不及 |
[18:56] | You may call all the shots at work, | 可能在职场上你呼风唤雨 |
[18:59] | but you’re not the C.F.O. Of this family. | 但在家里 你可不是首席财务官 |
[19:04] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[19:07] | For what it’s worth, your road trip sounds amazing. | 你计划的自驾游性价比很高 |
[19:12] | I just don’t think it’s gonna pan out for this summer. | 但我觉得今年夏天先别实行这个计划 |
[19:16] | But you made a hell of a great start for next year’s trip. | 但你为明年的假期开了个好头 |
[19:21] | Don’t pull that management trick on me. | 不要对我用那套管理的鬼把戏 |
[19:23] | – What trick? – The “Yes” Sandwich. | -什么把戏 -戴高帽那一套 |
[19:25] | Start with a compliment, lower the boom, | 先恭维一番 降低对方心理防线 |
[19:27] | end with a compliment. It’s the oldest trick in business, | 最后再恭维一番 这在商界再老套不过了 |
[19:29] | And I taught it to you. | 这还是我教你的 |
[19:31] | Lynette,I already promised Hawaii to the kids. | 勒奈特 我已经答应孩子们去夏威夷了 |
[19:34] | You want me to take it away? | 你想我食言吗 |
[19:35] | You saw how excited they were. | 你也看到他们有多兴奋了 |
[19:37] | Only because they’ve never had a lavish vacation before. | 这只是因为他们从未有过奢华游 |
[19:40] | Give me the same budget, and I’ll make my trip | 给我同样的预算 我的旅行 |
[19:42] | sound twice as good as yours. | 会比你的好两倍 |
[19:43] | Oh, I would love to see you try. | 我倒想看看你有什么本事 |
[19:47] | Okay, then. Game on. | 那好 开战 |
[19:51] | We’ll, um, we’ll sit the kids down, | 我们让孩子们坐下来 |
[19:54] | We’ll each make our presentation. Let them decide. | 我们各自做个介绍 让他们来决定 |
[19:56] | Sounds fair to me. Game on. | 我觉得可以 开战 |
[19:59] | Okay. Game on. | 好的 开战 |
[20:05] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[20:10] | I’m not turned on. You’re a very handsome man. | 我没那兴致 你是个帅哥[勒奈特反攻了] |
[20:13] | We’re not gonna have sex. | 我们不做爱 |
[20:15] | That’s a “No” Sandwich. | 那是拒绝的戴高帽把戏 |
[20:27] | Level with me, Bree. Do I | 告诉我实话 布里 我还有机会 |
[20:29] | – still have a chance with you? – None whatsoever. | -和你约会吗 -没有 |
[20:32] | Then this can’t make things any worse. | 那这样也不会雪上加霜了 |
[20:40] | That’s right. Keep driving, buddy. | 没错 继续开 伙计 |
[20:52] | – Why’d you do that? – Get in, Violet. | -为什么这么做 -上车 瓦莱特 |
[20:57] | Oh, my god. You couldn’t have dropped me off | 我的天 你就不能先把我放下 |
[20:59] | before you pick up a prostitute? | 再招妓吗 |
[21:05] | You arresting me, Chuck? | 你要逮捕我吗 查克 |
[21:07] | Just taking you to the women’s shelter. | 我只是要载你去妇女避难所而已 |
[21:10] | So what is this, your good deed for the night? | 这算什么 你今晚大发善心吗 |
[21:13] | You trying to impress your date? | 你要讨好你的女伴吗 |
[21:15] | No. That ship has sailed. She hates me more than you do. | 不 我和她没戏 她比你更讨厌我 |
[21:19] | Why? What’s wrong with him? | 为什么 他怎么不好了 |
[21:21] | Let’s just say my opinion isn’t any of your concern, miss. | 就这么说吧 我的看法与你无关 小姐 |
[21:25] | You’re better off without her, Chuck. | 不和她在一起就对了 查克 |
[21:26] | This one’s got a stick up her ass. | 这人还真龟毛 |
[21:29] | And what qualifies you to make such snap judgments | 你凭什么对才认识的人 |
[21:32] | about people you’ve just met? | 冒昧地下这种定义 |
[21:33] | I’m a hooker. It’s what I do. | 我是个妓女 我就是吃这口饭的 |
[21:49] | Here we are, and I’m watching to make sure you go in. | 我们到了 我会看着你走进去的 |
[21:53] | You know I’m just gonna be back on that corner tomorrow. | 你知道的 我明天又会回到那个街角的 |
[21:55] | Yeah, well, that’s tomorrow’s problem. | 好吧 明天的事 明天再说 |
[21:56] | When are you gonna give up? | 你到底什么时候才会放弃啊 |
[21:58] | What I am now… that’s all I’m ever gonna be. | 我现在什么样 以后也不会变样 |
[22:05] | You think so? | 你这么觉得吗 |
[22:09] | Did you know that ten years ago, | 你知道吗 十年前 |
[22:11] | Bree here was turning tricks just like you? | 布里和你一样在街上拉客 |
[22:16] | How dare you. | 你太无礼了 |
[22:17] | Bree, she needs to hear this. | 布里 她得听听这个故事 |
[22:22] | I must have hauled her ass in 50 times. | 我差不多抓了她五十次 |
[22:26] | Then one day, she said, “I’m better than this.” | 有一天 她说”我不能再糟蹋自己了” |
[22:29] | She got herself to school. | 她去上了学 |
[22:31] | Before you knew it, she had a first class catering company, | 一晃眼 她拥有了一流的餐饮公司 |
[22:34] | so don’t try to tell me | 所以 不要告诉我 |
[22:36] | that you can’t make a better life for yourself. | 你不能为自己创造更好的生活 |
[22:43] | You were really on the street? | 你真的在街上拉过客吗 |
[22:45] | Actually, I… | 实际上 我… |
[22:52] | I don’t like to talk about that part of my life. | 我不想谈论那段不光彩的过去 |
[22:56] | I get it. | 我懂的 |
[23:00] | Look at you now, huh? | 看看你现在 |
[23:04] | It was really nice to meet you. | 真的很高兴见到你 |
[23:07] | Likewise. | 同感 |
[23:08] | Thank you, Chuck. | 谢谢你 查克 |
[23:10] | Don’t mention it. | 小事一桩 不足挂齿 |
[23:18] | I know. Way outta line. | 我知道 我做的太过了 |
[23:20] | You said I had no chance, so I figured, what the hell. | 你说我没机会了 所以我想 管它呢 |
[23:24] | Home? | 回家吗 |
[23:27] | Yes, please. | 是的 麻烦你了 |
[23:44] | You were right. Found trace amounts of antifreeze, | 你说的没错 我发现里面有防冻剂 |
[23:47] | but don’t worry. Wouldn’t have killed you. | 不用担心 不会致死的 |
[23:50] | What would happen | 如果我每天都吃 |
[23:50] | if I ate one of these casseroles every day? | 这些焙盘菜 会怎样 |
[23:54] | Well, for one thing, you’d get tired of tuna casserole. | 没什么 你会吃腻掉金枪鱼焙盘菜 |
[23:59] | Ahem. If you repeatedly consumed ethylene glycol, | 如果你反复进食乙二醇 |
[24:02] | your heart would start to fail, | 你的心脏会开始衰竭 |
[24:03] | your kidneys would give out. Eventually, you’d die. | 你的肾脏会耗竭 最后你会死 |
[24:07] | It’d be a nasty way to go. | 这种死法是很痛苦的 |
[24:11] | I can only imagine. | 我只能凭想象 |
[24:22] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[24:26] | I thought I was borrowing Lynette’s tent. | 我以为我向勒奈特借的是个帐篷 |
[24:27] | Turns out I borrowed a nylon bag of death. | 现在发现我借的是个尼龙裹尸包 |
[24:30] | Why are you setting up the tent? | 你为什么要搭帐篷 |
[24:32] | For Juanita. I wanna prove to her | 给胡安妮塔的 我要证明给她看 |
[24:34] | there’s no scary guy on the lawn. | 外面根本没有什么吓人的家伙 |
[24:36] | I figured if she spends the night camping out here, | 我想只要她能在外面露营一个晚上 |
[24:39] | she’ll get over it. | 就会克服心理障碍的 |
[24:41] | So the kid is scared | 所以说 孩子害怕 |
[24:42] | there’s a killer lurking outside at night, | 屋外有潜伏的凶手 |
[24:43] | and your solution is to make her sleep out here? | 而你的解决方法是让她独自在外面过夜 |
[24:46] | Not alone, you dope. You’ll be with her. | 不是独自 你个笨蛋 你陪她一起 |
[24:48] | Me? | 我 |
[24:49] | Yeah. What if she’s right? | 是的 万一她是对的怎么办 |
[24:51] | What if there is a killer… or it’s cold? | 如果真有杀手呢 或者天气很冷怎么办 |
[24:54] | Oh. Forget it. | 别扯了 |
[24:56] | I got an early meeting tomorrow, and I’m not going in half asleep | 我明天一早还要开会 要是睡在草坪上 |
[24:58] | because I slept on my lawn. | 会睡不踏实的 |
[25:00] | You caused this problem. You fix it, tonight. | 你惹的麻烦 今晚自己解决 |
[25:03] | And stop pouting. It’s fun to sleep outside. | 别板着个脸 露宿街头多有趣啊 |
[25:08] | I’m sure it is. | 当然有趣了 |
[25:09] | That must be why the homeless are always so cheery! | 要不那些流浪汉怎么总是神采飞扬的 |
[25:17] | Come in. | 请进 |
[25:23] | After our date– or rather, non-date– | 经过这次约会 或者算不上约会 |
[25:25] | I was very confused. | 我有点困惑 |
[25:28] | Makes two of us. | 彼此彼此 |
[25:30] | I was… offended when you didn’t tell me the truth | 当你没告诉我你婚姻的实情时 |
[25:32] | about your marriage and oddly touched | 我很生气 但你跟一个陌生人说 |
[25:35] | when you told a complete stranger | 我以前是妓女的时候 |
[25:36] | I was a whore. | 我又有些莫名的感动 |
[25:38] | Well, if you like that, | 如果你偏爱这口 |
[25:39] | you should wait till Valentine’s Day. | 那情人节你就瞧好吧 |
[25:43] | I wanted to know your secrets right away, | 之前是我太急于了解你所有的秘密 |
[25:45] | and I didn’t want to tell you mine | 而在我觉得你值得信赖之前 |
[25:46] | until I felt I could trust you, | 我又不想说出我的秘密 |
[25:49] | and that… wasn’t fair. | 这样确实不太公平 |
[25:53] | I was no better. | 我也没好到哪去 |
[25:55] | When did dating become so complicated? | 什么时候约会也变得这么复杂了 |
[25:58] | We’re not kids anymore. | 我们已经不再是孩子了 |
[25:59] | We’ve both had our hearts kicked around. | 彼此的心都受过伤 |
[26:05] | I guess it’s made us a little gun-shy… | 也许正是这样才让我们有”枪声恐惧症” |
[26:08] | If “gun-shy” is the right word for a woman | 这个词形容你这种 |
[26:10] | with an arsenal as big as yours. | 坐拥一间兵工厂的女人 很贴切吧 |
[26:16] | So what do we do? | 那我们接下来怎么办 |
[26:18] | I say… | 要我说 |
[26:20] | We forget about the crazy digging for dirt | 我们谁也别再费尽力气 |
[26:23] | that we both did. | 翻对方老底了 |
[26:25] | And just have a normal first date. | 来一次正常的约会吧 |
[26:28] | All right. | 好啊 |
[26:30] | When? | 什么时候 |
[26:31] | Well, it is lunchtime. | 既然午餐时间到了 |
[26:33] | Why not? | 那一起用餐吧 |
[26:36] | I know this little Indian place | 我知道一家印度小馆 |
[26:38] | that does an amazing Lamb Vindaloo. | 做的羊肉咖喱堪称一绝 |
[26:40] | How’d you know I like Indian food? | 你怎么知道我喜欢印度菜的 |
[26:42] | I’d rather not say. | 还是不说为妙 |
[26:49] | I don’t even know why I wanna work at that school again. | 我也不知道为什么还想回那所学校工作 |
[26:51] | Ugh, those smug cliquey moms. | 那些自以为是 拉帮结伙的妈妈们 |
[26:54] | I mean, can you believe that Dana gave me streamer duty? | 你能想象丹娜居然让我去买彩带 |
[26:57] | It’s positively awful. | 确实很恼火 |
[27:00] | So tell me, how is Paul? | 跟我说说 保罗的身体怎么样了 |
[27:03] | I hear he went to the hospital? | 我听说他进医院了 |
[27:06] | He thought he was having a heart attack, | 还以为是心脏病突发 |
[27:07] | but the test results came back negative. | 但检验结果出来不是如此 |
[27:10] | Do the doctors know what caused it? | 医生说是什么原因病发的吗 |
[27:12] | They think it’s stress, | 他们是说压力过大 |
[27:14] | but I’m worried about him. | 但我很担心他 |
[27:16] | Oh, don’t be. | 没关系的 |
[27:17] | Well, I think he should go back and have more tests done. | 我觉得他应该回去再多做几项检查 |
[27:21] | He’ll be fine. | 他会没事的 |
[27:22] | As a nurse, I saw time and again | 以我做护士的经验来看 |
[27:24] | that the best prescription for stress | 缓解压力的最有效的处方就是 |
[27:26] | is rest and good food. | 多休息 和美味的食物 |
[27:31] | So sweet of you to make these cookies for him. | 你真贴心 还为他做这些曲奇 |
[27:34] | Well, yeah, I hope it cheers him up. | 我希望他能尽快振作起来 |
[27:37] | I’m sure it’s just what the doctor ordered. | 我肯定医生也是这么吩咐的 |
[27:46] | Well… I wish I could do more. | 我真希望能多为他做点什么 |
[27:50] | Oh, Susan. | 噢 苏珊 |
[27:52] | You’re doing more for Paul than you can possibly know. | 你为保罗做的一切 超乎你的想象 |
[28:09] | The Grand Canyon. | 美国大峡谷 |
[28:11] | Over a mile deep. | 深度超过一英里 |
[28:12] | It took six million years to form. | 经过600万年的侵蚀而形成的自然奇观 |
[28:21] | Sequoia National Forest– | 红杉国家公园 |
[28:23] | A soaring monument | 犹如高耸云霄的纪念碑 |
[28:24] | to nature’s majesty. | 彰显了大自然的神圣庄严 |
[28:26] | So that’s our vacation? | 我们就去这些地方度假 |
[28:28] | Looking at trees and a hole in the ground? | 就看这些破树和地洞吗 |
[28:30] | Now, now, kids, your mom worked hard on this. Be kind. | 别这样 孩子们 妈妈可是煞费苦心啊 |
[28:35] | Yeah. Yeah, if the Grand Canyon isn’t your scene… | 如果大峡谷不是你们的菜的话 |
[28:39] | Did she say “Scene”? | 她刚刚是说“菜”吗 |
[28:40] | You’re bound to love our next stop… | 你们一定会爱上下一站的 |
[28:44] | The screaminator. | 惊声尖叫 |
[28:46] | Seven minutes of sheer roller coaster terror. | 紧张刺激的过山车之旅 长达七分钟 |
[28:50] | “Responsible Parenting” Magazine | “称职的家长”杂志 |
[28:52] | calls it the worst idea since the caffeinated juice box. | 称之为继咖啡因果汁后最刺激的玩意 |
[28:57] | That’s awesome. | 太赞了 |
[28:59] | – That sounds really… – Oh, me likey that. | -听起来确实 -太吸引我了 |
[29:01] | – That’s very sweet! -Any and all | -太棒了 -这几个 |
[29:03] | of these thrilling destinations are available to us. | 惊心动魄的地方随便哪里都可以去 |
[29:06] | We just point the R.V. … and drive. | 我们只需要找一辆房车 然后启程 |
[29:09] | All right! | 太好了 |
[29:10] | Yes! Oh, man, I can’t wait. | 我简直迫不及待了 |
[29:13] | Ooh, I forget about the R.V. | 我忘了还有房车这码事了 |
[29:14] | Won’t it be a little cramped now that we have Paige? | 带上佩琪的话会不会太麻烦了 |
[29:17] | Oh, maybe your dad’s right. | 你们老爸说的对 |
[29:18] | Maybe we shouldn’t take the R.V. | 也许我们不应该开房车 |
[29:21] | Maybe we should take… | 也许我们应该开这辆 |
[29:24] | The road juggernaut 8000. | 道路主宰者8000 |
[29:27] | State-of-the-art entertainment system, | 配有最先进的影音娱乐系统 |
[29:30] | six private sleeping compartments, | 6间私密包厢可供休息 |
[29:33] | and two full baths, | 还有两间设施齐全的浴室 |
[29:35] | one of which Justin Bieber used on his last tour to make… | 其中一间还被贾斯丁·比伯在上一次巡演 |
[29:39] | water balloons. | 的途中用来做水球 |
[29:41] | – Shut up! – Shut up! | -别说了 -别说了 |
[29:44] | I’m blown away right now! | 我的心已经飘到那去了 |
[29:45] | We are going on vacation! | 我们要去度假啦 |
[29:47] | Follow that, Hawaii. | 接下来看你的了 夏威夷 |
[29:55] | Will you take that off? | 能摘下来吗 |
[29:56] | No. | 不要 |
[29:57] | Juanita, you look ridiculous. | 胡安妮塔 你像个傻大姐 |
[30:01] | I don’t care how I look. | 我不在乎 |
[30:02] | I don’t want that killer guy to chop off my head. | 我不想那杀手砍了我的头 |
[30:04] | First of all, a helmet wouldn’t keep him | 首先 他要砍你头 |
[30:06] | from chopping off your head. | 戴头盔也没用 |
[30:07] | It would just mean I’d have to clean It | 唯一的意义在于把头盔还给帕克之前 |
[30:09] | before I gave it back to Parker. | 我还得先洗干净 |
[30:12] | Second, there is no killer guy. | 其次 根本没杀人狂 |
[30:14] | It’s an actor in a movie. | 是电影里演的罢了 |
[30:16] | But I’m still scared. | 可我还是害怕 |
[30:18] | It’s okay to be scared. It’s even fun sometimes. | 害怕没什么大不了 有时还挺有意思 |
[30:21] | But you can’t let that scared come from inside your own head, | 但你不要自己吓自己 |
[30:24] | and you have to be able to calm it down if it does. | 你得学会自我冷静 |
[30:28] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[30:31] | It’s people walking by, Juanita. | 就是路人而已 胡安妮塔 |
[30:34] | This is what I’m talking about. | 这正是我所说的 |
[30:35] | This is where you take charge of your fear. | 现在你就得克服恐惧 |
[30:38] | Mama, I think it’s the killer. | 妈妈 我觉得是那个杀手 |
[30:41] | No, it’s not, Juanita. | 不是 胡安妮塔 |
[30:43] | Mom, look! | 妈妈 看 |
[30:48] | Oh! Who’s out there?! Go away! | 谁在外面 走开 |
[30:56] | Gotcha! | 吓死你们 |
[30:58] | What the hell is wrong with you?! | 你脑子被门夹了啊 |
[31:00] | I’m trying to help. | 我可是在帮忙 |
[31:02] | By giving me a heart attack, you thought that would help? | 把我吓出心脏病 你觉得这是帮忙吗 |
[31:04] | Kinda did. | 也算吧 |
[31:07] | Oh, mom, you should’ve seen your face. | 老妈 你真该照照镜子 |
[31:10] | I just wanted to show you | 我只是想证明 |
[31:11] | that not everything that looks scary actually is. See? | 不是所有事物都如外表那样可怕 看 |
[31:15] | Plastic. | 塑料的 |
[31:16] | It’s like the movie. It looks scary, but it’s fake. | 和电影一样 看起来恐怖 但都是假的 |
[31:20] | Exactly. | 完全正确 |
[31:21] | I have to go. Bob’s in the shower, | 我得走了 鲍勃在洗澡 |
[31:23] | and he’s about to pay for not liking my | 舔都不舔我的鸡肉馅饼 |
[31:26] | chicken pot pie. | 他得付出代价 |
[31:30] | So when you cast your vote tonight, kids, | 孩子们 今晚投票的时候 |
[31:34] | cast it for adventure, | 投给冒险精神 |
[31:36] | luxury, nature. | 投给奢华 投给自然 |
[31:39] | ’cause Hawaii has something for every Scavo, | 因为夏威夷正合斯加沃一家的胃口 |
[31:43] | whether it is circling a smoking volcano in a helicopter, | 无论是乘直升机环游热气腾腾的火山 |
[31:48] | or swimming in crystal-clear waters with the dolphins. | 还是在晶莹剔透的海水中与海豚共舞 |
[31:52] | It is the vacation of a lifetime. | 都绝对是一次终身难忘的旅行 |
[31:56] | Hawaii, Hawaii, Hawaii… | 夏威夷 夏威夷 夏威夷… |
[32:08] | I didn’t wanna do this. | 我才不去 |
[32:10] | You know who else | 你们知道还有谁 |
[32:11] | loves swimming in those crystal-clear waters? | 喜欢在晶莹剔透的海水中游泳吗 |
[32:15] | Nature’s hungriest predator– the great white shark. | 大自然最饥饿的掠食者 大白鲨 |
[32:20] | Come on. There hasn’t been a shark attack | 别扯了 岛上从来没有 |
[32:23] | on the island in forever. | 遭遇过鲨鱼袭击 |
[32:25] | Really? Or did they just fail to find the evidence? | 是吗 还是说人们根本找不到证据呢 |
[32:29] | Great whites tend to eat their victims. | 大白鲨早就把猎物吃干净了 |
[32:32] | What? | 什么 |
[32:34] | This is very, very unlikely to happen. | 根本不可能 |
[32:37] | You’re right. You’re right. | 没错 没错 |
[32:39] | I mean, especially if we all die first in… | 那是因为我们都早早死于… |
[32:44] | a gruesome helicopter crash. | 可怕的坠机 |
[32:50] | Now you see | 现在你们明白 |
[32:52] | why the natives call them death birds. | 为什么当地人都叫它”夺命鸟”了吧 |
[32:57] | You think you’re gonna be safer driving across country? | 你觉得自驾游更安全吗 |
[33:00] | Who knows the number one cause of accidental death? | 知道意外死亡率第一的是什么吗 |
[33:03] | – Oh, I do. It’s the car crash. – Don’t worry, kids. | -我知道 正是车祸 -没关系 孩子们 |
[33:05] | We’re gonna hire a professional driver. | 我们会请个专业的司机 |
[33:07] | It won’t be your dad. | 肯定不是你们的爸爸 |
[33:10] | Guys, can we go upstairs and talk about this | 伙计们 投票之前我们能上楼 |
[33:12] | before we vote? | 进行讨论吗 |
[33:13] | You bet. | 当然 |
[33:18] | We await your verdict. | 我们敬候佳音 |
[33:29] | God, you are a hypocrite. | 天啊 你真是个伪君子 |
[33:31] | How? | 怎么说 |
[33:34] | Ten years ago, Christmas, | 十年前 圣诞节 |
[33:35] | we are standing in the scooter aisle at the toy store | 我们站在玩具店前的电动车道上 |
[33:37] | when I wanna choose the twins’ big present. | 我正想给双胞胎选份大礼物 |
[33:42] | You say, “Tom, when you start making the money, | 你说 “汤姆 等你开始赚钱了 |
[33:47] | you can start making the decisions.” | 你再来做决定吧” |
[33:49] | You’ve been sitting on that for a decade? Wow. | 你在挖尸吗 佩服 |
[33:52] | Well, guess what. I make the money, | 猜猜怎么着 我赚钱了 |
[33:55] | big money, more money than you ever did, | 赚了大钱 比你以往的收入都高 |
[33:57] | so I get to decide how we spend it! | 我有权决定怎么花 |
[34:02] | We’re supposed to be equal partners. | 我们应该夫妻平等 |
[34:04] | – I just wanted a say in the pro… – No, you don’t. | -我只是想拥有发言… -才不是 |
[34:05] | You wanna control the process | 这就是你一贯的作风 |
[34:06] | – like you always do. – Watch it. | -掌控全盘 -小心说话 |
[34:08] | And then you feel that power slipping away, | 如今你感到你的权威岌岌可危 |
[34:10] | and you can’t stand it. | 你就受不了了 |
[34:12] | You can’t stand that I am running the show. | 你受不了如今是由我来掌控全盘 |
[34:16] | Running the show? Are you kidding me? | 掌控全盘 你搞笑呢 |
[34:19] | – We’re talking about a family vacation… – Not anymore, | -不就是讨论一次家庭旅行… -不是了 |
[34:21] | we are not! | 我们早跑题了 |
[34:24] | This is about how you can’t handle my success. | 是你无法接受我的成功 |
[34:28] | No, you can’t handle your success. | 不 是你自己无法接受你的成功 |
[34:30] | You’ve turned into a pompous ass! | 是你变成了一个臭屁狂 |
[34:32] | Maybe because it’s turned you into a raging bitch. | 或许是因为你变成了个泼妇 |
[35:07] | Lee! I am warning you. | 李 我警告你 |
[35:10] | Once was funny. This time, I will kill you. | 一次还算好玩 这次老娘不杀了你才怪 |
[35:13] | Get out of here! | 给我走开 |
[35:46] | How’s Penny? | 佩妮怎么样了 |
[35:47] | Really upset. | 很不开心 |
[35:48] | She kept crying and saying how she didn’t wanna choose. | 她不停的哭 说什么她不想做选择 |
[35:52] | I don’t care where we go. | 我不在乎我们去哪里 |
[35:55] | We’ll take the road trip. | 自驾游就自驾游呗 |
[35:56] | Not the vacation, Tom. | 汤姆 她说的不是旅游 |
[35:57] | She doesn’t wanna choose which one of us to live with. | 她不想选择跟我们之中的谁生活 |
[36:01] | That is awful. Why would she think that? | 太糟糕了 她怎么会这么想 |
[36:05] | Why wouldn’t she? She’s seen it happen to three of her friends. | 她怎么不会 她的三个朋友都遇过 |
[36:10] | We have always fought, Tom, | 汤姆 我们虽然老是小打小闹 |
[36:11] | but never like that. | 但从没到刚才那地步 |
[36:12] | I know. It’s gotta stop. | 我知道 不能再这样了 |
[36:15] | I agree. | 同意 |
[36:16] | I mean, I’m scared to open my mouth | 我害怕我一张嘴 |
[36:17] | for fear you’re gonna bite my head off. | 你就恨不得把我吃了 |
[36:20] | I’m sorry. Was that an olive branch? | 不好意思 你是在讲和吗 |
[36:26] | I’m no better, okay? | 我做的也不好 |
[36:30] | I miss dinner four nights a week, | 一周有四天不能回来吃晚饭 |
[36:32] | And even when I am here… | 就算我在家里 |
[36:35] | my mind is back at the office. | 心思也都飞回办公室了 |
[36:44] | I think we’re the ones who need a vacation. | 其实咱们俩才真正需要放假休息 |
[36:51] | Alone. | 就我俩 |
[36:53] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[36:56] | Not a big trip. Just a weekend. | 不用去很久 过个周末就行 |
[36:59] | We can… get a chance to be together | 我们就 有机会单独相处 |
[37:01] | and work through all of this. | 解决种种这些问题 |
[37:04] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[37:07] | We should do it this weekend. | 这周末咱们就去 |
[37:09] | You mean it? | 你说真的 |
[37:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:15] | I just have to check with the office. | 不过得先看看公司安排 |
[37:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:25] | But we are gonna do it, right? | 我们一定会去的吧 |
[37:27] | You’re not gonna get all | 别告诉我 |
[37:28] | busy at the last minute? | 最后关头你又临时有事 |
[37:29] | I said we’ll do it, | 我说了去 |
[37:30] | and we’ll do it, okay? | 就一定会去的 好吗 |
[37:32] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[37:41] | Hello, Susan. | 你好啊 苏珊 |
[37:43] | Hey, Dana. I got you your streamers. | 你好 丹娜 彩带买到了 |
[37:46] | I splurged and bought the good ones–flame-retardant. | 我不惜血本买了质量好的 防火彩带 |
[37:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[37:50] | Oh, my god. Are those cookies for the open house? | 天啊 这些饼干也是为开放日准备的吗 |
[37:54] | Oh, well, actually– | 这个是 |
[37:55] | You are a lifesaver. | 你简直是个大救星 |
[37:56] | I just had two moms flake out on me. | 正巧有两位家长饿昏过去了 |
[37:58] | Really? | 是吗 |
[38:01] | Uh… well… | 那么 |
[38:04] | I thought that might happen, so I baked some just in case. | 我想到可能会有人饿 就烤了些来 |
[38:08] | It’s one of the things that makes a great teacher– | 这是好老师具备的品质之一 |
[38:10] | being ready for anything. | 凡事未雨绸缪 |
[38:13] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[38:15] | You know, susan, I haven’t been your biggest supporter, | 苏珊 我以前不太喜欢你 |
[38:20] | but maybe I misjudged you. | 但那也许是我的偏见 |
[38:22] | Thanks for these. | 谢谢你的饼干 |
[38:23] | Let’s find some time to sit down with principal Hobson | 咱们可以找个时间 约上霍布森校长 |
[38:26] | and talk about you coming back. | 谈谈重新聘用你的事 |
[38:31] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[38:37] | Hello, Susan. | 你好 苏珊 |
[38:38] | – Come on in. – Meals on wheels. | -进来吧 -送餐的来啦 |
[38:41] | Well, shoes. | 不过是步行来的 |
[38:42] | But “Food on shoes” doesn’t sound as good. | 不过”步行送餐”不怎么好听 |
[38:44] | Today’s special is lasagna. | 今天特色菜 千层面 |
[38:47] | Would you like me to put it on a plate for you, | 是我帮你放到盘子里 |
[38:49] | or do you wanna eat it later? | 还是你一会儿再吃 |
[38:50] | I think I’ll have it now. | 我现在就吃 |
[38:52] | In fact, I’d love for you to join me. | 而且 我还想邀你一起吃 |
[38:57] | Oh, I can’t. | 我就不吃了 |
[38:59] | Acturally, I’m on my way to a function at M.J.’s school. | M.J.学校里有活动 我得去参加 |
[39:02] | I’m sure you have a few minutes. Sit down. | 晚几分钟也没关系 坐吧 |
[39:04] | Uh… I’m kind of in a rush. | 这 我赶时间 |
[39:07] | But it’s not fair. | 这样对你不公平 |
[39:08] | You go to all this trouble to bring me | 你大费周折 |
[39:10] | these delicious meals, and we never share them. | 给我送来好吃的 却从来都是我自己吃 |
[39:14] | It pains me. | 我过意不去 |
[39:15] | Uh… Paul, what’s… going on? | 保罗 你 怎么了 |
[39:21] | Fine. You’re in a hurry. | 好吧 既然你赶时间 |
[39:24] | Why don’t you stab me with this? It’ll be faster. | 直接捅我一刀怎么样 这样快多了 |
[39:27] | Or are you getting your kicks watching me die slowly? | 或者你是想来点刺激的 看我慢慢死去 |
[39:30] | Okay, I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 好吧 我完全不懂你说的什么意思 |
[39:34] | The food you’re bringing me, Susan–it’s poisoned. | 你送来的吃的 苏珊 有毒 |
[39:37] | What? That’s not possible. | 什么 不可能 |
[39:39] | I had it tested. Come on. Have a bite. | 我拿去验过了 来吧 尝一口 |
[39:43] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[39:44] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么能这样对我 |
[39:46] | Is it because you want the house? | 你是想收回你的房子 |
[39:47] | Is it–is it because you hate me? | 还是你恨我 |
[39:49] | Okay, you have to believe me. I never put poison in your food. | 相信我 我从没往送你的食物里投毒 |
[39:53] | Well, somebody did. Was it Mike? | 反正是有人干的 是麦克吗 |
[39:55] | No! It was just me. I-I’m the only one who… | 没有 是我做的饭 只有我… |
[39:59] | What? | 怎么了 |
[40:02] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[40:04] | The cookies. I-I’ve gotta go. I’ve gotta get to the school! | 还有饼干 我得走了 马上回学校 |
[40:18] | Oh, Cindy, Cindy. The desserts– | 辛迪 辛迪 甜点 |
[40:21] | The desserts, my cookies– | 甜点 就是我做的饼干 |
[40:22] | have they put them out yet? | 已经拿出来给大家了吗 |
[40:24] | Oh! Yeah. | 当然啦 |
[40:26] | They’re… just… | 就摆在 |
[40:37] | I’m so sorry. Try the oatmeal raisin. | 太抱歉了 尝尝燕麦葡萄干饼干吧 |
[40:40] | Kathy, um, do you know how many points these are? | 凯西 你知道这饼干成分多复杂吗 |
[40:42] | You’ll thank me tomorrow. | 你日后会谢谢我的 |
[40:44] | Susan? What did you do to the parents’ council? | 苏珊 你为这次开放日活动做了这么多 |
[40:48] | They love you. | 大家爱死你了 |
[40:49] | Oh, great! Thanks for the cookie. | 那太好了 谢谢你的饼干 |
[41:02] | Uh, which one of these is–is mine? | 哪一盘是我做的 |
[41:05] | Ooh, I have no idea. We just put ’em all together. | 我可不知道 都混在一起了 |
[41:10] | Whoops! Sorry. Oh, silly me. | 哎呀 对不起 看我笨手笨脚 |
[41:15] | If I can have everyone’s attention | 各位家长 |
[41:16] | for a moment, please? | 请听我说 好吗 |
[41:19] | Hi. I wanna welcome all our wonderful parents. | 大家好 欢迎所有到场的优秀家长 |
[41:22] | And I wanna thank the decorating committee | 还要感谢装饰委员会的工作 |
[41:24] | and those who made the refreshments. | 感谢提供甜点的家长 |
[41:28] | Oh, including Susan Delfino. | 当然还有苏珊·德尔非诺 |
[41:30] | Thank you, Susan, for those chocolate chip cookies. | 谢谢你苏珊 谢谢你的巧克力饼干 |
[41:32] | Oh. Uh… you’re welcome. | 这个 不用谢 |
[41:34] | And about those cookies I made–don’t eat them. | 我做的饼干 各位别吃 |
[41:39] | They’re poison. | 有毒 |
[41:42] | No, no, this isn’t a joke. My cookies will kill you. | 不是开玩笑的 我的饼干会致命 |
[41:51] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[41:53] | That’s her, officers. | 就是她 警官 |
[41:58] | Yes, no matter who we are, | 是的 不管是谁 |
[42:01] | we all experience moments of dread… | 都会有害怕的时候 |
[42:09] | when we ask ourselves, | 尤其是当我们问自己 |
[42:11] | will anyone believe I’m innocent? | 会不会有人相信我是无辜的 |
[42:17] | will my daughter be a child of divorce? | 我的女儿会不会变成单亲家庭的孩子 |
[42:23] | will this man break my heart? | 这个男人会不会伤我的心 |
[42:29] | Are there things that go bump in the night? | 午夜时分会不会撞鬼 |
[42:37] | And sometimes… | 有时候 |
[42:41] | The answer… | 我们得到的答案 |
[42:44] | is yes. | 是肯定的 |