时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I love this job. | 我喜欢这份工作 |
[00:04] | Tom’s career took off. | 汤姆的事业飞黄腾达 |
[00:06] | And you gave me the confidence to jump at it. | 是你给了我信心去抓住机会 |
[00:08] | I could kill you right now, or I could do this. | 我可以一枪崩了你 也可以这么做 |
[00:12] | Felicia made peace with Paul… | 菲丽莎决定与保罗休战 |
[00:14] | And don’t you worry about Paul. | 不必为保罗担忧 |
[00:16] | Or so he thought. | 或是他以为如此 |
[00:17] | I’ll make him pay for what he did to you. | 我会让他血债血偿 |
[00:20] | Look, I’m your landlord. I have a right to come in. | 我是你的业主 我有权进屋 |
[00:22] | But it was Susan who gave him hope. | 反而是苏珊带给他希望 |
[00:25] | I remember a guy that used to live on this street. | 我记得我曾与这样一个男人为邻 |
[00:27] | He had a laugh you could hear three houses away. | 隔着三幢楼都能听见他爽朗的笑声 |
[00:29] | I’m not that man anymore. | 我不再是从前的我了 |
[00:31] | I think you can be. | 我想你可以的 |
[00:33] | Who do you want in your life– | 你的生命里不能缺谁 |
[00:35] | me or Bree? Choose. | 布里还是我 选吧 |
[00:37] | And Gaby made a decision. | 然后加布做出了选择 |
[00:39] | – Can I stay with you for a while? – Of course. | -我能投靠你一段日子吗 -当然可以 |
[00:41] | Girls, come on. Go on in. | 孩子们 快进去吧 |
[00:54] | Bree Van De Kamp had occasionally found her home | 布里·范德坎普偶尔会发现她的家 |
[00:57] | invaded by household pests. | 有害虫侵入 |
[00:59] | And her manner of dealing with them was ruthless. | 她的处理方法简单粗暴 |
[01:03] | She smashed them. | 一拍即中 |
[01:06] | She poisoned them. | 施以毒药 |
[01:09] | She executed them. | 直接枪决 |
[01:14] | But when it came to the latest pests | 但是对于最近入侵的 |
[01:16] | who had invaded Bree’s home… | 这些”害虫”们 |
[01:20] | Extermination was not an option. | 消灭是万万不可的 |
[01:23] | Girls! There’s mud on your shoes! | 孩子们 你们的鞋上怎么全是泥 |
[01:26] | Mud on your shoes! | 全是泥啊 |
[01:27] | Girls! We are guests here! | 孩子们 我们在这是客人 |
[01:30] | What have I said about wiping your feet? | 我不是教你们要把脚擦干净吗 |
[01:32] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:34] | No, no, no, no, no! No, no, no! | 不不不 千万别 |
[01:36] | Just–uh, uh, never mind. | 就– 算了吧 |
[01:41] | It hasn’t rained in three weeks. | 都三周没下过雨了 |
[01:42] | Where did they find mud? | 她们在哪蹭得这么多泥啊 |
[01:44] | Honey, they don’t find mud. Mud finds them. | 她们不用故意去蹭 泥也会自己找上门 |
[01:46] | So, um, speaking of the fun we’ve been having, | 虽说我们一起住得很愉快 |
[01:49] | how long do you think it’ll be before you and Carlos make up | 你觉得你多久能和卡洛斯和好 |
[01:53] | and you can all… go back home? | 你们就都能回家了 |
[01:56] | Eh, a few days. | 过些天再说吧 |
[01:57] | He’ll be sitting alone in that house, | 先让他尝尝独守空房的滋味 |
[01:59] | realizing how big it is, how quiet it is… | 等他意识到那房子是多么大 多么冷清 |
[02:02] | How clean it is. | 多么干净 |
[02:03] | Then he’ll show up here with that hangdog look on his face, | 然后他就会像哈巴狗一样来这摇尾乞怜 |
[02:06] | begging us to come back. | 求我们回家 |
[02:07] | Mom! Celia hit me! | 妈妈 西利娅打我 |
[02:10] | Then hit her back! | 那你打回去呀 |
[02:11] | Gaby, don’t tell her to do that. | 加布 不能这么教孩子啊 |
[02:13] | I’d rather they settle it. Otherwise, | 我宁愿她们自己解决 要不 |
[02:15] | I have to go in there. | 我就得亲自过问了 |
[02:16] | That’s what a mother does. Come on. | 那样才是一个母亲该做的 走吧 |
[02:19] | Girls, if you stop fighting, | 孩子们 如果你们休战 |
[02:21] | then I’ll let you have some fresh baked… cookies?! | 我就奖励你们新鲜出炉的…曲奇 |
[02:24] | There were two dozen cookies on that plate. | 那盘子里可有好几十块呢 |
[02:29] | Yeah, you can’t leave food out. | 你就不该把食物放在台面上 |
[02:31] | They’re like bears. You gotta tie it up in a tree. | 她们跟熊有一拼 你应该绑在树上 |
[02:33] | Uh, Gaby, while you’re here, this might be a good time | 加布 正好你也在 何不趁这个机会 |
[02:36] | to teach them a little… discipline. | 教教她们什么叫… 规矩 |
[02:39] | Discipline? What are you talking about? | 规矩 你在说什么 |
[02:41] | It’s not like the plate’s broken. | 这又不是摔坏盘子之类严重的事 |
[02:44] | Oh, boy. | 我晕 |
[02:47] | Yes, Bree Van Ve Kamp had finally met two pests | 是的 布里·范德坎普终于遇到了两只 |
[02:51] | she couldn’t smash, poison, or shoot. | 让她束手无策的”害虫” |
[02:54] | Okay, I’m gonna need a garbage bag. | 我要找个垃圾袋 |
[02:56] | Unless it was an antique. Then I need glue. | 如果那盘子是古董 那我就去找胶水 |
[03:00] | That’s not to say she wasn’t sorely tempted. | 但这不意味着她就忍气吞声了 |
[03:16] | Good deeds aren’t always done for the purest of reasons. | 做好事的不一定都是”雷锋” |
[03:21] | We may be trying to impress. | 也许是为博美人一笑 |
[03:27] | We may be acting out of guilt. | 也许是于心有愧 |
[03:32] | We may be expecting something in return. | 也许是期望回报 |
[03:37] | But occasionally, | 但是 偶尔 |
[03:40] | a good deed comes straight from the heart. | 做好事真的是发乎真心 |
[03:44] | Wow. What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[03:46] | Your lunch. I got ham, ham and cheese, | 你的午餐 我做了火腿芝士三明治 |
[03:49] | and that one’s ham and gravel. I dropped it. | 那块是火腿石子三明治 不小心掉地上了 |
[03:51] | Susan, you don’t have to keep doing this. | 苏珊 你没必要一直为我做这些 |
[03:53] | I want to. You’re my new project, mister. | 我愿意 你是我的新项目 先生 |
[03:56] | Your project? | 你的项目 |
[03:57] | Yes. Paul Young, | 是的 保罗·杨 |
[03:59] | phase two– where we figure out what you are doing with your life, | 阶段二 我们要规划一下你的人生 |
[04:03] | Set some new goals. | 设置一些新目标 |
[04:05] | Now… you tried destroying the neighborhood. | 你曾试图摧毁我们的街区 |
[04:09] | That didn’t work out. What’s next? | 这目标实施不了了 那下一步呢 |
[04:11] | I don’t know what I wanna do. | 我也不清楚该做什么 |
[04:12] | I’ve made such a mess of everything so far. | 目前所有东西都被我弄得一团糟 |
[04:15] | No, no. Phase two is about the future, not the past. | 不对 阶段二是关于未来的 不是过去 |
[04:19] | So from now on, we are only looking forward. | 所以即刻起 我们只能向前看 |
[04:23] | Oh, my god! Look behind you! | 天啊 你快回头看 |
[04:25] | Hello, Susan. | 你好 苏珊 |
[04:28] | Oh. Hey, Felicia. | 嗨 菲丽莎 |
[04:30] | “Hey, felicia”?! | “嗨 菲丽莎” |
[04:32] | You knew she was in your house? | 你知道她在这啊 |
[04:34] | I-I thought you were in prison. | 我 我还以为你在蹲监狱呢 |
[04:36] | Oh, I’ve been out for weeks. What nice sandwiches. | 都出来好几周了 这三明治看起来不错啊 |
[04:39] | Are you cooking for Paul now? | 你现在专门给保罗做饭吗 |
[04:42] | Yeah, for Paul… | 对啊 给保罗 |
[04:44] | The guy that you cut off your fingers to frame. | 就是你不惜切掉自己的手指去诬陷的那个人 |
[04:48] | It’s all right, Susan. | 苏珊 都过去了 |
[04:50] | Felicia and I have reached an understanding. | 我和菲丽莎已经达成共识了 |
[04:53] | We can hardly keep squabbling, | 既然我们又要做邻居了 |
[04:55] | now that we’re going to be neighbors again. | 就不能从早吵到晚 |
[04:58] | Wait. You’re living here? | 等等 你住这吗 |
[05:00] | Right across the street. | 住对面 |
[05:02] | I just came by to pick up some of Beth’s things. | 我过来收拾一些贝丝的遗物 |
[05:04] | Although I think you should keep that pretty oil painting. | 不过我觉得那幅漂亮的油画你该留着 |
[05:09] | She made for you. | 是她特地送你的 |
[05:10] | Hang on. You–you knew Beth? | 等下 你认识贝丝 |
[05:12] | You didn’t tell her. | 你还没告诉她啊 |
[05:15] | The topic doesn’t exactly introduce itself. | 还没聊到那呢 |
[05:19] | Beth was Felicia’s daughter. | 贝丝是菲丽莎的女儿 |
[05:23] | What? | 什么 |
[05:28] | So you’re Beth’s… | 如果你真是贝丝的… |
[05:31] | And you knew… | 而你也知道这事 |
[05:33] | And you’re living… | 那与你朝夕相处的… |
[05:37] | I need to sit down. | 我得找个地方坐下 |
[05:48] | We’re gonna get a lot of this. | 以后也会经常遇到这种场景 |
[05:52] | So Felicia Tillman was Beth’s mother? | 菲丽莎·蒂尔曼是贝丝的母亲 |
[05:57] | “Snip-snip” Tillman? You sure? | 那个”咔-咔”的剪刀手蒂尔曼 你确定 |
[05:59] | Yep. | 没错 |
[06:00] | And people say the suburbs are boring? | 郊区的生活真是精彩啊 |
[06:02] | Great. Now we’ve got another nut job living on the street. | 很好 这条街上又多了个疯子 |
[06:05] | Actually… | 其实 |
[06:06] | Paul is not so bad. | 保罗没大家想得那么糟 |
[06:08] | Yeah, what were you doing over there? | 你到那干什么去了 |
[06:09] | Bringing him food. Uh, checking up on him. | 给他送吃的 看看他状态如何 |
[06:11] | Making sure he’s okay. | 确保他平安无事 |
[06:13] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:15] | ’cause I feel bad for him. | 因为我很同情他 |
[06:17] | The poor guy has had two wives kill themselves. | 他的两任妻子都以自杀收场 |
[06:19] | And here I was concentrating all my pity on the dead people. | 所以我的同情心都集中在他死去的妻子身上 |
[06:23] | Susan, be careful. | 苏珊 你可要小心了 |
[06:24] | Yeah, we understand Beth gave you a kidney, | 没错 我们知道你的肾是贝丝给的 |
[06:27] | But you don’t owe Paul anything. | 但你并不欠保罗什么 |
[06:28] | I know I don’t. | 这我知道 |
[06:30] | But that kidney gave me a second chance in life, | 只是这个肾让我得以重生 |
[06:33] | And I’m sorry. | 请原谅我这么说 |
[06:35] | I feel that Paul deserves the same thing. | 我们应该给保罗改过自新的机会 |
[06:40] | To us, our decorating firm, | 为了咱俩 为了咱们的装修公司 |
[06:43] | and our latest triumph, | 更为了咱们的新胜利 |
[06:45] | The Delaney bathroom. | 即德兰尼家浴室的装饰而干杯 |
[06:46] | Today, Subway Tile and a low-flow toilet. | 今天 装了地铁牌瓷砖和节水马桶 |
[06:48] | Tomorrow, not walking in on Mr. Delaney | 明天先别让德兰尼先生 |
[06:51] | on the low-flow toilet. | 用这新马桶 |
[06:57] | You bought this at a drugstore, didn’t you? | 这是在杂货店买的 没错吧 |
[06:59] | Come on. “Dan Perrignon.” It’s cute. | 丹佩尼翁这名字多可爱[仿唐佩尼翁] |
[07:02] | A little tip– when picking champagne, | 教你个常识 下次挑选香槟 |
[07:04] | wordplay usually isn’t a selling point. | 记得玩文字游戏的都是山寨货 |
[07:09] | Hey. You’re home early. | 今天这么早就回来了啊 |
[07:11] | No, just forgot some files. | 还没下班 回来拿些文档 |
[07:12] | Head straight back to the office. | 之后马上赶回去 |
[07:14] | Ooh! Dan perrignon! What are you guys celebrating? | 你们在喝丹佩尼翁 要庆祝什么 |
[07:18] | Renee and I finished a design job today. | 我和雷尼今天完成了一项设计 |
[07:21] | Yeah. We actually cleared $293. | 没错 我们今天赚了293块 |
[07:24] | Well, $290 after this champagne. | 当然 算上这瓶酒就只赚了290块 |
[07:27] | Hey, we’re a small company. | 咱们还只是个小公司嘛 |
[07:28] | Why is the glass always half empty with you? | 你怎么一口没喝啊 |
[07:30] | Hey, I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner. | 对了 我应该早点想到的 |
[07:33] | I just got my budget. | 我刚拿到一笔预算 |
[07:34] | There’s some money in there to redecorate my office. | 可以从里面抽出一部分重新装修办公室 |
[07:38] | How about you guys do it? | 你们公司能搞定这事吗 |
[07:40] | Uh, well, we’re a little busy. | 这个 我们正忙着 |
[07:42] | It’s 20 grand. | 两万块的预算 |
[07:43] | Busy thanking you. | 忙着感谢你 |
[07:45] | You’d let us do that? You’re amazing! | 你让我们承包 你真伟大 |
[07:49] | That would be huge for our company. | 这笔钱对我们来说可不是小数目 |
[07:51] | Look, I know this new job’s put a bit of a strain on us. | 我的新工作让我们最近有点疏远了 |
[07:53] | This might be a good way to sneak in | 这个办法倒是能多出点时间 |
[07:55] | a little extra time together. | 见到对方 |
[07:56] | So you think you can do something for 20 grand? | 你们能接下这2万块的工程吗 |
[07:58] | This may be the dog shampoo talking, | 虽说这样的场合并不正式 |
[08:00] | but for 20 grand, | 但为了2万块 |
[08:01] | we will decorate your office… | 我宣布我们会好好装修你的办公室 |
[08:03] | and whack an employee of your choosing. | 再替你教训教训员工 |
[08:11] | Hey, roomie! | 室友 你好啊 |
[08:12] | Hello… roomie. | 你好 室友 |
[08:16] | Those are beautiful. | 花很漂亮 |
[08:18] | They’re for you from the girls. | 是我女儿送你的 |
[08:21] | They felt terrible about breaking your mirror. | 打碎了你的镜子 她们特内疚 |
[08:23] | Oh. You mean my serving dish. | 你是想说打碎的盘子吧 |
[08:25] | Oh, you haven’t been upstairs yet. | 看来你还没上楼啊 |
[08:28] | Gaby! | 加布 |
[08:29] | But look how beautiful. | 你看这花多漂亮啊 |
[08:31] | I’m going to church. | 我去趟教堂 |
[08:33] | Weren’t you just there? | 不是刚才去过了吗 |
[08:35] | I need to do some more praying. Apparently, it’s not working. | 我去祈祷祈祷 因为显然之前的不管用 |
[09:18] | If you’re looking for the owner, that’s me. | 在找车主吗 我就是 |
[09:21] | Are you aware that you’re blocking my driveway? | 你知不知道 你挡着我的车道了 |
[09:24] | Yeah. Are you aware | 知道 那你知不知道 |
[09:26] | that you illegally entered my vehicle? | 你私自坐在我的车里是违法的 |
[09:26] | Well, I needed to get your attention. | 我是为了引起你的注意 |
[09:28] | Doesn’t make it legal. | 但你还是违法了 |
[09:29] | Oh, don’t try to make this my fault. | 别想嫁罪于我 |
[09:31] | Blocking my driveway is illegal. | 你挡着我的车道也是违法的 |
[09:32] | Yes, but breaking into my car is criminal. | 没错 但是私闯民车可是犯罪行为 |
[09:34] | Really? Let’s call 9-1-1. | 是吗 现在报警 |
[09:36] | I’d love to get a policeman’s opinion on that. | 看看警察怎么说 |
[09:38] | You just did. | 警察来了 |
[09:40] | Oh, my. You are a policeman. | 老天 你就是警察 |
[09:43] | Detective Chuck Vance, fairview P.D. | 查克·万斯刑警 紫藤郡警局的 |
[09:45] | Your neighbor Mrs. Tillman’s a parolee. | 菲丽莎蒂尔曼还在假释中 |
[09:48] | I was paying a routine call. But now it appears | 我例行公事查看一下 不过现在看来 |
[09:50] | that she’s not the only dangerous woman on the street. | 这条街上危险的女人可不止她一个 |
[09:54] | Look, I-I don’t know what laws I may have broken, but– | 我 我不知道自己犯了什么法 不过 |
[09:57] | Unlawful trespass, tampering with a police vehicle, | 非法入侵 胡乱摆弄警车 |
[09:59] | malicious mischief… | 恶意损害他人财产 |
[10:00] | Okay, okay. I’m sorry. I’m just so frazzled today. | 好吧 好吧 抱歉 我今天太累了 |
[10:03] | A friend of mine is staying with me, | 一个朋友住到我家来 |
[10:05] | and her two girls are absolute monsters. | 她两个女儿就像破坏分子 |
[10:07] | In fact, I don’t suppose I could borrow your gun? | 弄得我都想借用一下你的枪了 |
[10:10] | To shoot the children? | 你还要枪毙未成年人 |
[10:13] | I was joking. | 我是开玩笑的 |
[10:15] | So was I. | 我也是开玩笑的 |
[10:17] | I’m sorry I blocked your car. | 抱歉挡了你的路 |
[10:21] | Uh, well, um… | 这个 那个 |
[10:22] | I-I’m sorry that, um, I got into yours. | 我也抱歉 闯进你的车 |
[10:25] | I’ll tell that to the judge. | 这个我会跟法官说的 |
[10:27] | I’m sure you’ll get off with community service. | 肯定只让你在社区劳役 |
[10:30] | Wait. | 等等 |
[10:33] | What? | 你说什么 |
[10:35] | Still joking. | 这也是玩笑 |
[10:52] | – I’m gonna get you! You come back here! – No! No! No! | -我要抓到你 给我过来 -不要啊 |
[10:58] | Gaby? | 加布 |
[11:00] | Oh. Right. Girls! No running! | 哦对 别跑了小家伙 |
[11:04] | Is that all you’re gonna do? | 你就这么喊一句 |
[11:05] | Of course not. Next time I’ll trip one of them. | 当然不是 下次我会绊倒她们其中一个 |
[11:07] | Or perhaps you could try taking a firmer hand. | 你也可以采取严厉些的手段 |
[11:10] | Oh, please. I’ve tried everything. | 得了吧 我什么没试过 |
[11:13] | I even bought them a puppy | 我还送给她们一只狗 |
[11:14] | just so I could threaten to kill it. | 说她们要是不听话就杀了它 |
[11:15] | They asked if they could watch. | 结果她们要看我杀狗的过程 |
[11:17] | Well, I can’t take it anymore. | 我是受不了了 |
[11:19] | Would you mind if I talked to them? | 我跟她们讲讲道理行吗 |
[11:20] | Perhaps hearing it from somebody else | 说不定外人的批评 |
[11:22] | would make the difference. | 她们听得进去 |
[11:26] | What are you saying, Bree? | 你什么意思 布里 |
[11:27] | You think you’re a better mother than me? | 你这个妈妈比我更称职吗 |
[11:30] | Well, not to cast aspersions on tripping | 我不会用绊倒来弄伤她们 |
[11:32] | and killing puppies, | 也不会杀宠物 |
[11:33] | But there are other approaches. | 我有别的办法 |
[11:35] | Okay, mother superior. | 那好吧 优秀妈妈[同修道院院长] |
[11:37] | You think you can get those girls to behave? | 你觉得自己能管得住她们俩 |
[11:40] | Be my guest. | 请便吧 |
[11:46] | Oh, and if the little one charges, move. | 对了 要是妹妹告状 不用理会 |
[11:47] | It’s like someone dropping a sack of flour | 她告的状都是些类似在帝国大厦上 |
[11:49] | off the Empire State Building. | 往下撒面粉的不值一提的事 |
[11:52] | Girls, I need to talk to you. | 孩子们 听我说 |
[11:54] | Not now. We’re playing death match. | 等会儿 我们在玩死斗 |
[11:56] | We do not fight in this house | 在我家不许打架 |
[11:58] | with pillows made of hand-dyed silk. | 更不能把手工染的绸缎枕头当武器 |
[12:00] | Now I am gonna count to three. One… | 我数三声 一 |
[12:03] | Two… | 二 |
[12:04] | Do you know what happens after three? | 你们知道我数到三之后要干什么吗 |
[12:07] | Four? | 再数四 |
[12:08] | Put the pillows down. | 给我把枕头放下 |
[12:12] | Now, I am sure you’ve heard the expression, | 相信你们都听过这样一句话 |
[12:15] | “My house, my rules.” | “我的家 我做主” |
[12:17] | No. | 没听过 |
[12:18] | Well, there is an expression– “My house, my rules.” | 那我现在告诉你 我的家我做主 |
[12:20] | And as long as you are staying here with me, | 只要你们住在我家 |
[12:22] | You will behave properly. You will mind your manners, | 就得乖乖的 要讲礼貌 |
[12:25] | You will do your chores. You will listen when spoken to. | 要做家务活 别人说话要认真听 |
[12:29] | And– where are they going? | 而且 她们去哪了 |
[12:32] | Hmm? I wasn’t paying attention. What were you telling ’em? | 我刚才没注意 你教育她们什么 |
[12:35] | Girls, get back here! | 孩子们 回来 |
[12:42] | Don’t smirk. The key to discipline is consistency. | 别得意 教规矩的关键就是持之以恒 |
[12:45] | And I will not give up. | 我不会放弃的 |
[12:48] | Neither will they, Bree. | 她们也不会放弃的 布里 |
[12:50] | Neither will they. | 绝不会放弃的 |
[12:58] | Wow, if I knew Tom was working with so many handsome rich men, | 早知道汤姆和一群帅气多金的男人工作 |
[13:01] | I would have worn a lower top. | 我就穿件更低胸点的上衣了 |
[13:03] | Lower? I think you would call that a belt. | 更低 你说的是腰带吧 |
[13:07] | Will you look at this? He’s kept us waiting 45 minutes. | 你发现没 我们都等他45分钟了 |
[13:09] | Good to see being married to the boss gave us the leg up. | 就算嫁给老板 也毫无优待可言啊 |
[13:12] | Ah. If he keeps us waiting any longer, | 如果他还让我们等下去 |
[13:15] | I know two legs that won’t be going up. | 我的两条腿就站不起来了 |
[13:18] | Sorry about the wait. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[13:20] | I just got off the phone with London. | 我刚结束一通与伦敦的电话 |
[13:22] | Closed a deal worth $10 million. Phyllis? | 谈成了一宗一千万的生意 菲利斯 |
[13:25] | Okay, ladies, I have 15 minutes, | 女士们 我有15分钟时间 |
[13:28] | – and they are all yours. – That is all we need. | -都交给你们安排了 -绝对足够了 |
[13:33] | The overall look we’re going for is very warm and inviting. | 我们计划的整体风格温馨且吸引人 |
[13:37] | We’re thinking soft wood, an overstuffed linen sofa. | 我们打算采用软木材 亚麻软垫沙发 |
[13:41] | That sounds great, but I already know what I want. | 听上去很不错 但我已经有主意了 |
[13:46] | Ripped that out of a magazine. | 这是从杂志里撕下来的 |
[13:50] | This is Donald Trump’s office. | 这是唐纳德·特朗普的办公室 |
[13:52] | Isn’t it cool? | 是不是很棒 |
[13:53] | I-I love that desk– black marble and chrome. | 我喜欢那桌子 黑色大理石和铬金材料 |
[13:56] | A-and look at that samurai sword and those dragon lamps. | 看那把武士刀 还有龙雕刻的灯 |
[14:02] | I’m sorry. Are you planning to take over the world | 抱歉 你是计划用杀伤性射线 |
[14:04] | with your death ray? | 统治世界吗 |
[14:05] | I think this is impressive. | 我觉得这个很威风 |
[14:07] | But… it’s not you. | 但这不适合你 |
[14:10] | You’d need a telephone book | 要是这种书桌的话 |
[14:11] | to sit behind that desk. | 你还得用本电话本垫坐在后面 |
[14:13] | Lynette, if this is what our client wants… | 勒奈特 这是我们顾客的意愿 |
[14:15] | Thank you, Renee. | 谢谢你 雷尼 |
[14:17] | You know, when Doug played for the Yankees, | 道格效力于洋基队时 |
[14:19] | “The Donald” invited us on his yacht all the time. | “唐纳德大人”经常邀请我们上他游艇玩 |
[14:22] | I’ll just call his assistant and find out where they got the desk. | 我打电话给他助手 问下哪儿买的桌子 |
[14:25] | “The Donald.” | “唐纳德大人” |
[14:27] | You’re wondering if you can pull off “The tom,” Aren’t you? | 你是不是在想自己要成为”汤姆大人” |
[14:31] | No. | 没有 |
[14:33] | Good, because the idea of you in an office like this– | 还好 因为你对办公室的这个想法 |
[14:37] | is totally workable. | 完全可行 |
[14:38] | Why don’t we get some pieces in here over the weekend? | 我们周末去找些原料样本 |
[14:41] | And you can take a look on monday. | 你可以星期一的时候看一看 |
[14:42] | Now that is the attitude I like–can-do. | 这才是我欣赏的态度 办得到 |
[14:45] | I have a meeting. Great work, everyone. Mm. | 我要开会了 干得漂亮 各位 |
[14:50] | See Phyllis on the way out. She’ll validate your parking. | 出去的时候 找菲利斯要免费停车凭证 |
[14:53] | Wow, that was easy. I know a place that has | 还挺简单的 我知道有个地方卖 |
[14:55] | – these fabulous chrome and steel pieces. – We’re not doing that. | -非常好的铬钢原料 -我们不这么弄 |
[14:59] | – Why not? – Because that’s not Tom. | -为什么 -那不是汤姆的风格 |
[15:02] | He’s definitely a soft wood kind of guy. | 他绝对是”软木”风格的人 |
[15:04] | Okay, lesson one– tom is the client. | 第一点 汤姆是客户 |
[15:06] | If he wants a big shot office, he gets it. Ugh! | 他想要大老板式办公室 就得满足他 |
[15:10] | And lesson two– no man wants to be referred to | 第二点 没一个男人希望自己和 |
[15:13] | as “Soft wood.” | “软木”扯在一起 |
[15:16] | Felicia. What are you doing here? | 菲丽莎 你怎么来了 |
[15:19] | I’m sorry to drop by without calling. | 抱歉我冒然登门 |
[15:21] | Is this a bad time? | 是不是我来的不是时候 |
[15:23] | Yeah, it is. Uh, I’m in the middle of cooking dinner. | 是的 我在做晚饭 |
[15:27] | Of course. | 是啊 |
[15:28] | I-I just… | 我只是 |
[15:30] | I was missing Beth so much, and… | 我太想念贝丝了 |
[15:33] | Then I remembered that part of her was still alive somewhere. | 我想起她的某一部分还活在这个世上 |
[15:38] | Could you spare a few minutes | 为了这个失去自己唯一孩子的女人 |
[15:39] | for a woman who lost her only child? | 可以耽误你几分钟 |
[15:43] | Sure. Come in. | 当然 请进 |
[15:48] | Smells good. | 闻起来很香 |
[15:50] | Oh, it’s for Paul. Chicken pot pie. | 是给保罗做的 鸡肉馅饼 |
[15:53] | Right. You said you were cooking for him. | 是啊 你说过现在都是你给他做饭 |
[15:57] | That’s so thoughtful. | 真是太体贴了 |
[15:59] | Well, just trying to be a good friend. | 只是尽点做朋友的义务 |
[16:01] | I hope that we can be friends, too. | 我希望我俩也能成为朋友 |
[16:04] | You do? | 你希望 |
[16:05] | You and me? Friends? | 你和我吗 做朋友 |
[16:08] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[16:09] | What I did to Paul was horrible, | 我对保罗的所作所为很可怕 |
[16:11] | but thank god, he’s forgiven me, | 感谢上帝 他原谅了我 |
[16:13] | And now I just want things back to normal. | 我现在我只希望一切恢复正常 |
[16:16] | I even got this glove so people wouldn’t be put off by me. | 我还找了这个手套 大家就不嫌弃我了 |
[16:21] | What, you–you mean the finger thing? | 什么 你是指手指吗 |
[16:24] | Oh, people hardly notice it. But the glove is good. | 大家都没怎么注意到 但手套很不错 |
[16:31] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[16:32] | I… get these migraines. | 我有偏头疼问题 |
[16:36] | Could I trouble you for some aspirin? | 能劳驾给我点阿司匹林吗 |
[16:38] | Sure. Hang on. | 当然 等一下 |
[16:47] | This smells wonderful. | 这个闻上去很不错 |
[16:52] | I wouldn’t begin to know how to make a pot pie. | 我对怎么做馅饼一无所知 |
[16:56] | Well, the crust is store-bought. | 脆皮是买现成的 |
[17:00] | But don’t tell Paul, okay? | 别告诉保罗 好吗 |
[17:01] | Don’t you worry. | 不必担心 |
[17:04] | I know how to keep a secret. | 我很擅长保守秘密 |
[17:17] | “With repeated small doses of the toxin, | “服用小剂量的毒素 |
[17:20] | death is both slow and agonizing.” | 死亡的过程缓慢且痛苦” |
[17:24] | What did I tell you, dear? It’s so much better than a bullet. | 我就跟你说 亲爱的 比子弹好多了 |
[17:29] | “Initial symptoms include nausea and vomiting. | “最初症状表现为恶心 呕吐 |
[17:32] | These are followed by metabolic acidosis | 接下来是代谢性酸中毒 |
[17:35] | and cardiovascular dysfunction.” | 和心血管功能障碍” |
[17:38] | He’ll think it’s his heart. | 他会以为是他心脏的问题 |
[17:41] | As if he had one. | 他还真觉得他有 |
[17:43] | “And finally, acute renal failure and… | “最后急性肾功能衰竭 |
[17:49] | death.” | 直至死亡” |
[17:53] | And you know the best part? | 而你知道最精彩的是什么吗 |
[17:56] | I couldn’t get near Paul’s food if it weren’t for you… | 如果不是你 我没法接近保罗的食物 |
[18:00] | or at least that last little piece of you | 或是说 多亏了你存活在苏珊体内 |
[18:03] | that’s still alive in Susan. | 的那部分 |
[18:06] | It just goes to show… | 这就说明 |
[18:10] | You may be gone… | 也许你已经不在了 |
[18:14] | But we’re still one heck of a team. | 但我们还站在同一战线上 |
[19:02] | Susan, how’s he doing? | 苏珊 他怎么样了 |
[19:05] | I don’t get it. He just keeps getting worse and worse. | 我不明白 他的身体每况愈下 |
[19:08] | I think I’m gonna have to start bringing him breakfast, too. | 我考虑连早餐都帮他准备了 |
[19:11] | You’re a good friend. | 你真够朋友 |
[19:19] | Daddy! I missed you so much! | 爸爸 我好想你 |
[19:22] | Oh, I missed you, too. Ho-ho-ho! | 我也想你们 |
[19:24] | Why don’t you guys go wash up for dinner? Go on. | 把盘子洗了准备吃饭吧 去吧 |
[19:29] | So tomorrow after school, they come back to me, right? | 那明天放学后 她们回我那儿 是吧 |
[19:33] | Right. | 是的 |
[19:40] | Carlos, how did we get here? | 卡洛斯 我们怎么会走到这步田地 |
[19:42] | We’re talking like a divorced couple. | 我们对话就像是离婚夫妇一样 |
[19:46] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[19:48] | Just tell me how long this is gonna go on. | 就告诉我 我们这样还要多久 |
[19:52] | How long are you gonna be friends with Bree? | 你和布里还要做多久的朋友 |
[19:55] | Carlos– | 卡洛斯 |
[19:55] | ’cause that is how long it’s gonna go on. | 因为那决定了我们要这样持续多久 |
[20:03] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[20:04] | Giving my plant a drink. | 给我的植物浇点水 |
[20:09] | Why do you hate mommy so much? | 你为什么那么恨妈妈 |
[20:13] | I don’t hate mommy. I just… | 我并不恨你妈妈 我只是 |
[20:17] | I’m mad at something Bree did. | 我只是对布里的所做所为感到气愤 |
[20:19] | What did she do? | 她做了什么 |
[20:21] | Well… it’s kind of a grown-up thing, honey. | 亲爱的 这是大人之间的事情 |
[20:24] | You guys say that about everything | 凡是你们不想说的事 |
[20:26] | you don’t wanna talk about. | 都会用这句话来搪塞我们 |
[20:31] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[20:33] | Sit. | 坐吧 |
[20:42] | You know grandma died. | 你知道奶奶去世了 |
[20:47] | But you never heard the story of how it happened. | 但你并不知道是怎么发生的 |
[20:53] | Hey, have you seen our bank statement? | 你看了我们的银行对账单了吗 |
[20:56] | I’m in the middle of a quiz. | 我在做测试呢 |
[20:57] | Well, I think you might like this a lot better than… | 比起”你的性高潮够多吗”这种测试 |
[21:00] | “Are you having enough orgasms?” | 我想你会更喜欢这个 |
[21:05] | Oh! I just had one. | 我刚就高潮了 |
[21:09] | We actually have money! | 我们终于有钱了 |
[21:11] | We paid all of our bills, and we have money left over. | 我们把所有的账单都付了 还有盈余 |
[21:14] | null | 你的手术费用会由保险公司全部支付 |
[21:17] | and add that to the money you won playing poker–by the way, | 在加上你赌博赢来的钱 顺便说下 |
[21:19] | don’t do that again–and we’re finally out of the hole. | 不要有下次了 我们终于读过难关了 |
[21:22] | In fact, we can afford to move back into our old house. | 事实上 我们有钱能搬回老房子了 |
[21:26] | Oh, that would be great. | 这可真是太好了 |
[21:29] | But we can’t until Paul’s ready to leave. | 但是在保罗离开前我们不能搬回去 |
[21:32] | Well, he might be ready a little sooner | 如果他的新伙伴去请求他 |
[21:33] | if his new best buddy asked him. | 他或许会早点搬出去 |
[21:36] | Mike… i’m not gonna do that to Paul. | 麦克 我不会这么对保罗的 |
[21:41] | Think of what he’s been through. He’s a wreck. | 想想他都经历了什么 他简直废了 |
[21:44] | Well, maybe moving out of a house | 从满溢着贝丝回忆的地方搬出来 |
[21:45] | filled with memories of beth would be good for him. | 或许对他来说是件好事 |
[21:50] | Am I supposed to believe | 我会傻到相信 |
[21:51] | that you are suddenly interested in Paul’s well-being? | 你会突然对保罗的健康感兴趣了 |
[21:55] | Look, I don’t like the guy. I never will. | 我不喜欢那个人 永远不会 |
[21:58] | But as long as you’re taking him under your wing, | 但是既然你这么费心地照料他 |
[22:00] | why can’t we get something out of it? | 我们也该得到点好处吧 |
[22:07] | So… | 那么 |
[22:09] | now do you understand why I’m so upset? | 现在你知道为什么我这么沮丧了吧 |
[22:12] | I know it’s a complicated story. You have any questions? | 我知道这个故事很复杂 有问题吗 |
[22:16] | No, daddy. | 没有 爸爸 |
[22:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:19] | I’m gonna go grab my wallet, and we are gonna go get pizza. | 我去拿我的钱包 我们去买披萨 |
[22:27] | Celia, come here. | 西利娅 过来 |
[22:31] | You know what daddy just told me? | 你知道爸爸刚告诉我什么了吗 |
[22:35] | Bree killed grandma. | 是布里杀了奶奶 |
[22:57] | Hello, girls. | 女孩们 |
[22:59] | Did you have a nice time at your father’s last night? | 昨晚在你爸爸家过得好吗 |
[23:04] | Well, now that you’re back at my house, | 现在你们回到我这里了 |
[23:05] | I’d like to try once again to discuss my rules. | 我们就要再谈谈我的规矩 |
[23:09] | That be okay? | 好吗 |
[23:13] | Yes, Mrs. Van de kamp. | 遵命 布里·范德坎普太太 |
[23:26] | Oh, hello, Gaby. | 加布 |
[23:27] | What is this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[23:29] | Juanita’s helping me make dinner. Good job. | 胡安妮塔在帮我准备晚餐 做的不错 |
[23:32] | Now after you’re done washing the brussels sprouts, | 洗完球芽甘蓝之后 |
[23:34] | you can help me set the table. | 你可以帮我把桌子摆好 |
[23:36] | Yes, Mrs. Van de kamp. | 遵命 布里·范德坎普太太 |
[23:44] | Brussels sprouts? | 球芽甘蓝 |
[23:46] | You do know the girls are eating here tonight? | 你知道她们今晚要在这吃饭吧 |
[23:48] | Yes. Don’t they like brussels sprouts? | 知道 她们难道不喜欢球芽甘蓝吗 |
[23:50] | Sure… as projectiles. | 当然不喜欢 味同嚼蜡 |
[23:53] | Well, they’ll eat them tonight, or no cupcakes. | 她们今晚会吃的 否则就没蛋糕吃 |
[23:57] | You actually left those out in plain sight? | 你真要把这些放在众目睽睽之下 |
[24:00] | Have you learned nothing? | 你难道还没学乖么 |
[24:01] | You could lose the sideboard. | 你会连餐具柜都找不回来的 |
[24:02] | Oh, they won’t touch them, not till I tell them they can. | 她们是不会碰这些蛋糕的 除非我允许 |
[24:09] | Thank you for straightening up, Celia. | 谢谢你把它清理好 西利娅 |
[24:11] | Now would you please help your sister in the kitchen? | 现在你能去厨房给你姐姐帮忙么 |
[24:17] | Okay. What the hell did you do to them? | 好了 你对她们做了什么 |
[24:19] | Oh, I simply sat them down and explained | 我只是简单的坐下来和她们谈了谈 |
[24:21] | what I expected of them while they’re staying here. | 她们住这的这段期间应该怎么做 |
[24:24] | Oh, cut the crap, Van de Kamp. | 别废话 范德坎普 |
[24:26] | Did you give ’em drugs? Threaten ’em? | 你是下她们下了药还是威胁她们了 |
[24:27] | Children don’t respond to threats. | 小孩子才不会听威胁呢 |
[24:29] | They respond to structure provided with a firm hand. | 她们会听从严明的纪律 |
[24:32] | So you hit them. | 那你是打她们了 |
[24:33] | If you stick to my system, | 如果你坚持我这一套 |
[24:35] | by the time you take these girls back to carlos, | 等你把她们带回卡洛斯那时 |
[24:36] | they’ll be perfectly behaved. You’re welcome. | 她们会举止非常得体 不用谢 |
[24:49] | Hey, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[24:51] | You can relax. She went upstairs. | 你可以放松了 她上楼去了 |
[24:53] | No, I have to get this done. | 不 我得把这个做完 |
[25:02] | Do you want a cupcake? | 你想吃蛋糕吗 |
[25:05] | Mrs. Van de kamp says those are for after dinner. | 布里·范德坎普说了那是饭后甜点 |
[25:09] | Well, Mrs. Van de kamp isn’t here. | 布里·范德坎普太太又没在这 |
[25:16] | I’m not saying I love this more than you and Celia, | 我不是说我比你和西利娅更爱吃这个 |
[25:18] | but if the three of you fell in a pool, | 但是如果你们三个都掉进水里 |
[25:20] | and I could only save two, | 而我只能救两个的话 |
[25:22] | one of you would finally get her own room. | 你们姐妹之一 就终于能有自己的房间了 |
[25:26] | Here. Sneak this upstairs. Eat it later. | 给你 藏到楼上去 待会吃 |
[25:30] | No, thanks. I’ll have an apple. | 不 谢了 我去吃个苹果 |
[25:36] | What did she do to you?! How did she break you?! | 她对你做了什么 她是怎么摧毁你的 |
[25:47] | Okay, those go right in front of the desk. | 好的 这些放在桌子的前面 |
[25:51] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 太太 |
[25:51] | And watch the… yeah. Thank you. | 小心 谢谢 |
[25:54] | Uh, what’s going on? I told the movers to be here at 11:00. | 怎么回事 我叫那些搬运工11点整到的 |
[25:57] | Yeah. I made a teensy change. | 我稍微改了一下 |
[26:00] | And this is not the furniture I ordered. | 这些家具不是我预定的 |
[26:03] | Again, teensy change. | 同样 稍微改了一下 |
[26:16] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[26:18] | I can’t believe you did this behind my back. | 我真不敢相信你会背着我这么做 |
[26:21] | We’re supposed to be a team. | 我们本应该是一个小组的 |
[26:22] | I almost bought you | 我今早差点在你没要求的情况下 |
[26:24] | A coffee this morning without you even asking. | 给你买了杯咖啡 |
[26:26] | But you didn’t. | 但是你并没有买 |
[26:27] | Yeah, and I felt bad about it… | 是的 我本来还很惭愧 |
[26:29] | till now. | 现在不了 |
[26:30] | I’ve got two dragon lamps in my car. | 我车里还有两盏龙灯 |
[26:33] | what the hell am I supposed to do with those? | 现在我能用它们来干嘛 |
[26:35] | I’m sorry, but trust me, | 对不起 但是相信我 |
[26:36] | I’m saving us time. | 我是在为我们节约时间 |
[26:38] | How? Tom said what he wants. | 怎么节约 汤姆已经说过他想要什么了 |
[26:40] | Tom said what he thinks he wants. | 汤姆是说他认为他想要什么 |
[26:42] | I know what he really wants. | 我知道他真正需要的是什么 |
[26:45] | And you have to admit, | 而你必须得承认 |
[26:46] | looks pretty good, doesn’t it? All comfy and cozy… | 这看起来很不错 不是吗 温馨舒适 |
[26:50] | Yeah, lynette, you did a great job | 没错 勒奈特 忽略他的要求 |
[26:51] | ignoring what he asked for. | 你做得真是出色 |
[26:54] | All that’s missing is an antique jar | 这里唯一缺的就是一个古董罐子 |
[26:56] | for Tom to put his testicles in. | 好让汤姆把他的蛋蛋放进去 |
[27:20] | Juanita, what is it? | 胡安妮塔 怎么了 |
[27:22] | Get away! Get away! | 快跑 快跑 |
[27:24] | You’re just having a nightmare! | 你们只是做了个恶梦 |
[27:26] | Honest, everything is okay! | 真的 一切都很好 |
[27:34] | They won’t come out. | 她们不肯出来 |
[27:36] | Not even for you? | 即使你也叫不出来 |
[27:37] | Nope. That’s how scared you got them. | 是的 瞧瞧你把她们吓成什么样子了 |
[27:39] | I swear, I didn’t do anything. | 我发誓 我什么都没做 |
[27:40] | I went in to check on them, | 我进去看看她们 |
[27:41] | and they got hysterical. | 她们就突然变得歇斯底地 |
[27:43] | Carlos, it’s me. Where are you? | 卡洛斯 是我 你在哪 |
[27:45] | The girls won’t come out for anyone except their daddy. | 孩子们不肯出来见任何人 除了她们老爸 |
[27:51] | It’s about time! | 来的真是时候 |
[27:53] | Okay, Carlos… who the hell are you? | 卡洛斯… 你是谁 |
[27:56] | Detective Vance, Fairview P.D. | 万斯探长 来自美景镇警察局 |
[27:59] | We got a 9-1-1 call from 2 girls | 我们接到两个女孩打911报警 |
[28:01] | who say that their mom’s crazy friend is trying to kill them. | 她们说她们妈妈的疯子朋友要杀她们 |
[28:04] | What? | 什么 |
[28:07] | Hello again. | 又见面了 |
[28:09] | I guess you found someone to loan you that gun. | 我想你找到人借你枪了 |
[28:25] | Okay. | 好了 |
[28:26] | I spoke with the girls. They’re pretty sure | 我和姑娘们谈过了 她们万分确定 |
[28:30] | that Mrs. Van de Kamp here was trying to murder them. | 范德坎普夫人企图谋杀她们 |
[28:34] | Well, that’s preposterous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[28:36] | Why would they say such a thing? | 她们为什么会这么说 |
[28:37] | Well, that’s not all they said. | 她们说的还不止这些 |
[28:39] | Gaby? What’s with the panicked pho calls? | 加比 你慌慌张张打电话是怎么回事 |
[28:43] | It’s nothing. | 没事了 |
[28:44] | The girls got all freaked out and called the police. | 姑娘们害怕死了就报了警 |
[28:47] | Freaked out about what? | 害怕什么 |
[28:49] | Are you the father? | 你是孩子的父亲吗 |
[28:50] | Yeah. Carlos Solis. | 是的 卡洛斯·索里斯 |
[28:51] | Detective Vance. | 万斯探长 |
[28:52] | Mr. Solis, did you tell your daughter that | 索里斯先生 你是否告诉你女儿 |
[28:55] | Mrs. Van de Kamp killed your mother? | 范德坎普夫人杀了你母亲 |
[29:03] | Did you tell her that, sir? | 你这么告诉她的吗 先生 |
[29:10] | I think I know what this is. | 我想我明白什么状况了 |
[29:14] | Me and the girls were talking about my mother’s death, | 我和姑娘们在讨论我母亲之死 |
[29:16] | and I said being apart from their mom | 我说和她们母亲分开 让我觉得很难受 |
[29:19] | felt almost as bad, | 一如当初失去母亲时一样 |
[29:20] | and I said that I blamed Bree for that. | 我说我为此责怪布里 |
[29:25] | They must have gotten confused. | 她们一定是搞糊涂了 |
[29:29] | Yeah, well, don’t be mad at them. | 好了 不要对她们发火 |
[29:31] | It’s hard on kids when their parents are apart. | 父母分居 孩子一定很难受 |
[29:34] | It’s actually kind of funny if you think about it. | 仔细想想 真是好笑 |
[29:38] | I mean, not “funny” funny, but sad… funny. | 不是有喜感那种好笑 是悲催的那种 |
[29:42] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[29:43] | Hey, girls… | 姑娘们… |
[29:46] | So sorry to have dragged you out here in the middle of the night. | 很抱歉大晚上的把你叫来这里 |
[29:49] | No problem. I hope everything… you know, works out. | 没关系 希望一切都处理好了 |
[29:52] | Let me walk you to your car. | 我送你到你车那里吧 |
[29:54] | Let’s go pack your stuff. I’m taking you home. | 去收拾你们的东西 我带你们回家 |
[30:06] | I’m glad you didn’t kill someone. | 很高兴你没有杀人 |
[30:08] | I’d have felt pretty dumb | 我觉得自己好傻 |
[30:09] | for not arresting you when I had the chance. | 当初没有趁机逮捕你 |
[30:12] | Uh, tell me something. When someone calls 9-1-1, | 和我说说看 有人打911 |
[30:15] | don’t they usually just send a patrolman? | 不是一般就派个巡警就好了吗 |
[30:18] | I was at dispatch when the call came through. | 接到电话时我在调度 |
[30:20] | When I heard the address, I said, “I’ll take it.” | 听到地址后 我就说”我去吧” |
[30:26] | I wanted to see you again. | 我想再见见你 |
[30:28] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[30:30] | About what? | 见我干嘛 |
[30:32] | Your neighbor, Mrs. Tillman. Here’s my card. | 你邻居蒂尔曼夫人 这是我名片 |
[30:35] | If you see anything suspicious, I want you to call me. | 发现可疑情况 希望你打电话给我 |
[30:38] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[30:39] | Or even if you don’t. | 即使没有可疑情况你也可以打 |
[30:43] | What is it about you? | 你怎么回事 |
[30:44] | I never have a clue what you’re thinking. | 我一直搞不明白你在想什么 |
[30:48] | I’m a detective. I find clues. I don’t give them. | 我是探长 我只发现线索不提供线索 |
[30:53] | Good night, citizen. | 晚安 市民 |
[30:56] | Good night, detective. | 晚安 探长 |
[31:06] | They are almost done packing. | 她们快打包好了 |
[31:08] | I can’t believe you told them. | 难以置信你居然告诉她们了 |
[31:11] | Juanita wanted to know why we were fighting. | 胡妮塔想知道我们为什么吵架 |
[31:12] | I told her the truth. | 我就告诉她实情 |
[31:13] | Great. So now they think mommy walked out on daddy | 干得好 现在她们因为妈妈为了 |
[31:16] | to live with the lady | 和杀了她们祖母的人住一起 |
[31:17] | that killed grandma? | 而离开了爸爸 |
[31:18] | Well, that is kind of what you did. And I never said | 这不正是你的所作所为嘛 我从没说 |
[31:22] | that Bree killed their grandma. I said that she helped | 布里杀了她们祖母 我说的是 |
[31:24] | the person who did kill her get away with it. | 她帮凶手逃脱罪名 |
[31:27] | Yes. She was protecting her child, | 她是这么做了 但她是在保护自己孩子 |
[31:29] | which is exactly what we’d do if it was our kid in trouble. | 我们孩子有麻烦的话我们也会这么做的 |
[31:32] | Families stick together. | 家人就该团结在一起 |
[31:33] | Then why are you living here? | 那你为什么住这里 |
[31:36] | Why did you pick Bree over me? | 你为什么选布里不选我 |
[31:43] | Carlos, thank you | 卡洛斯 谢谢你 |
[31:44] | for not saying anything in front of that policeman. | 没在警察面前提一个字 |
[31:48] | You think I did this for you? | 你觉得我这么做是为了你吗 |
[31:49] | – Well, I just assumed– – That was for andrew. | -我以为 -我是为了安德鲁 |
[31:52] | He was a kid when all this happened. | 事情发生时他还是个孩子 |
[31:53] | You weren’t. | 而你们却是大人 |
[31:54] | Okay, lay off her, Carlos. She’s apologized again and again. | 卡洛斯 饶恕她吧 她不停地在道歉 |
[31:57] | Well, I don’t forgive her, | 我不会原谅她的 |
[31:58] | and as long as you’re taking her side, I don’t forgive you, either. | 只要你站她那边 我也不会原谅你 |
[32:04] | We’re ready, daddy. | 我们准备好了 爸爸 |
[32:06] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家 |
[32:13] | I’m sorry. I just keep waiting for this to blow over. | 很抱歉 我一直等着这事过去 |
[32:17] | We have to face it, Gaby. | 我们得面对现实 加布 |
[32:19] | This is never gonna blow over. | 这事不可能这样过去的 |
[32:23] | So what am I gonna do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[32:26] | You’re gonna go home to your husband. | 你得回家回到你丈夫身边 |
[32:28] | I feel guilty enough about Carlos losing his mother. | 我已经为卡洛斯失去母亲感到很愧疚了 |
[32:30] | I will not be responsible for him losing his wife. | 我不希望他因为我 失去妻子 |
[32:38] | That means you and me… | 就是说你和我… |
[32:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:52] | I’ll call you, okay? | 我会给你打电话的 好吗 |
[32:53] | Please… | 求你… |
[32:55] | Don’t. | 别打了 |
[33:05] | These look delicious. Nicely done. | 看着很美味 做的真好 |
[33:08] | Well, I had help. | 多亏你的帮忙 |
[33:10] | I just stirred the batter. | 我就搅了搅面糊 |
[33:11] | A very important job, | 那可是很重要的环节 |
[33:14] | so you get to try the first one. | 所以由你来尝尝第一块 |
[33:17] | No. | 不要了 |
[33:20] | I don’t want to spoil my dinner. | 我不想吃不下晚饭 |
[33:22] | Please? I want to know | 求你了 我想知道 |
[33:24] | that they taste good, and I’m allergic to nuts. | 好不好吃 我对坚果过敏 |
[33:30] | Well, I… I guess that makes me the… guinea pig. | 好吧我就做次小白鼠吧 |
[33:41] | Best I’ve ever tasted. | 是我吃过好吃的 |
[33:47] | But… not good enough to finish? | 但是还没好吃到吃完它 |
[33:51] | They’re terrible, aren’t they? | 其实很难吃 对吧 |
[33:54] | You know what? I’m gonna toss these and start again. | 我要把它丢掉 重新做 |
[33:56] | No. You can’t. I… | 不 不需要 我… |
[33:59] | I just didn’t want to break my diet… | 我在节食所以不想吃多 |
[34:02] | But who can resist with these? | 但谁能拒绝这种美味呢 |
[34:08] | They’re really good? | 真的很好吃吗 |
[34:11] | Like nothing I have ever eaten. | 我吃过最好吃的东西 |
[34:16] | I’m gonna get you some milk to wash that down. | 我给你拿点牛奶让你好好吃 |
[34:18] | No, I can’t stay. | 不用了 我不能久留 |
[34:20] | I, uh… | 我… |
[34:23] | Need to go buy a new handbag. | 我要去买个手提包 |
[34:26] | What’s wrong with that one? | 这个不好吗 |
[34:39] | My keys… | 我的钥匙… |
[34:55] | You’re not still mad at me, are you? | 你不是还在生我气吧 |
[34:58] | No. I’m good. | 没有 我很好 |
[35:00] | Because I think | 我觉得 |
[35:00] | we’re gonna see a happy client walk out of his new office. | 我们将看到客户愉快地走出新办公室 |
[35:07] | Any second now. | 随时 |
[35:13] | You two… | 你们俩… |
[35:20] | I love it! | 我爱死它了 |
[35:22] | – You do? – Love it! | -真的吗 -爱死了 |
[35:24] | You do! Hey… | 你喜欢耶… |
[35:27] | Well, you live with someone for 25 years, | 和一个人生活了二十五年 |
[35:29] | You might know a thing or two about a thing or two. | 对他的喜好还是略知一二的 |
[35:32] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[35:44] | But… that’s not… | 这…这不是… |
[35:46] | Where we told them to put the desk. | 我们没说桌子放这儿 |
[35:49] | You’re right, Lynette. | 没错 勒奈特 |
[35:52] | What are you talking about? It’s perfect right here. | 说什么呢 这不是很好吗 |
[35:54] | I mean, look at this! The only way | 看看 要想再刺激一点 |
[35:57] | it could be more intimidating is if flames shot out of it. | 除非这火焰真的能喷出来 |
[36:02] | Is there any way that we could… | 我们是不是有办法可以… |
[36:05] | Nah! Forget it. | 算了 |
[36:06] | And what is it about leather that just says, | 坐上这皮沙发 |
[36:09] | “I own your ass.” | 小屁屁真舒服 |
[36:11] | Oh, I’m out of order? No, you’re out of order. | 什么 我不懂规矩 你才不懂规矩 |
[36:15] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[36:18] | So you really like this? | 你真的喜欢吗 |
[36:19] | I love it. You know, I was a little worried about | 爱死了 我之前还有点担心 |
[36:22] | how this was gonna work out, but you came through. | 这里会变成什么样 但来了之后 |
[36:25] | I mean, you captured it. It’s amazing. | 你完全把握住了要义 太棒了 |
[36:27] | I’ll tell you what’s amazing– | 我来告诉你什么叫棒 |
[36:29] | The rug that we haven’t put down yet. Let’s get to that showroom, | 地毯还没铺 我们去陈列室吧 |
[36:32] | Lynette, before some other hotshot takes it. | 勒奈特 省的被别的快手抢了 |
[36:34] | Thanks again. | 再次感谢 |
[36:38] | How could you do that? | 你怎么能这么做 |
[36:40] | Do what? Make our customer happy? | 做什么了 让顾客开心也不好吗 |
[36:42] | Oh, he’s kidding himself. | 他简直在跟自己开玩笑 |
[36:43] | That testosterone trap is not Tom. | 这种”雄风路线”不适合汤姆 |
[36:46] | Maybe it’s not the Tom who’s been pitching in | 也许不适合那位 |
[36:48] | with carpool the past few years, | 拼了几年车的汤姆 |
[36:49] | but the Tom who’s running this company? | 但很适合运营这家公司的汤姆 |
[36:51] | Yeah, it is, and you need to accept that. | 没错 正适合 你得接受这些 |
[36:57] | You’re not gonna accept that. | 我看你是接受不了了 |
[36:59] | No. | 没错 |
[37:05] | You cannot be serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[37:07] | What are you talking about? | 说什么呢 |
[37:10] | This. This whole master of the universe playroom. | 这里 这间宇宙之王的游戏室 |
[37:16] | I-I thought you liked it. | 我…我以为你喜欢 |
[37:19] | I… hate it. | 我…讨厌死了 |
[37:21] | Then why did you do it this way? | 那你们为什么要这样装修 |
[37:24] | I didn’t! I had a whole other office in here! | 不是我 我布置的是另一种风格的办公室 |
[37:27] | Then Renee came and changed it. | 后来雷尼来改造了一番 |
[37:30] | Then good for Renee. | 那幸好有雷尼 |
[37:31] | At least one of you gets me. | 至少你们有人听懂了我的意思 |
[37:33] | Tom… | 汤姆 |
[37:35] | This office is not who you are. | 这间办公室不是你的风格 |
[37:37] | You’re a great, down-to-earth guy, | 你是个优秀朴实的人 |
[37:40] | not some jerk that has to show people how powerful he is. | 而不是某些只知道耍威风的蠢蛋 |
[37:45] | I am powerful… | 我就是很威风 |
[37:48] | And I do need to show it. | 我也确实让大家都看见 |
[37:49] | I am surrounded by gunslinger kids who’d steal this job | 若不是惧怕我 |
[37:53] | in a heartbeat if they weren’t a little scared of me. | 我周围这些小枪手会立马抢走我的工作 |
[37:56] | I have a role to play, | 我必须扮演狠角 |
[37:58] | and I play it damn well, | 而且演得很好 |
[38:01] | and I’m sorry if that threatens you. | 如果威胁到你了 我很抱歉 |
[38:04] | It doesn’t threaten me. | 没威胁到我 |
[38:06] | I just don’t want to lose the guy I married. | 我只是不想失去我嫁给的那个人 |
[38:09] | Oh, you mean Tom the screwup? | 你是说窝囊废汤姆吗 |
[38:11] | The one who couldn’t make a “go” of the pizza parlor? | 那个连披萨小店都经营不好的家伙 |
[38:13] | The one you could always put your arm around at the end of the day, | 那个一天下来 总是需要你支持我说 |
[38:16] | And say, “It’s okay, honey. I’ll get us through”? | “宝贝 没事的 我会搞定的”那个人吗 |
[38:19] | Don’t make it sound like I’m not glad you’re succeeding, | 别说得像我不希望你成功似的 |
[38:22] | ’cause I am. | 我是真心希望的 |
[38:23] | You say that. You say that all the time, | 你总是这么说说而已 |
[38:25] | but I am waiting for a sign to see that you actually mean it. | 但我希望能看到你用实际行动来证明 |
[38:29] | And I thought this office was that sign. | 我原以为这间办公室就是你的行动 |
[38:32] | I mean, I walked in here and I thought, | 我走进来 想着 |
[38:33] | “How great is this? She gets it. | “太棒了 她明白了 |
[38:37] | She’s happy. She’s proud of me.” | 她为我高兴 为我骄傲” |
[38:42] | My mistake. | 是我想错了 |
[38:51] | Ed Nicks. You in? | 埃德·尼克斯打来的 能接吗 |
[38:56] | Yes. | 可以 |
[38:57] | W-we can’t end the conversation like this. | 这事不能就这么算了 |
[39:01] | I have to take this call. | 我得接这个电话 |
[39:08] | Hey, Eddie, how are ya? | 小埃 你好啊 |
[39:11] | What, are you kidding? | 什么 你开玩笑吧 |
[39:13] | The chance to kick your ass at golf and take your money? | 高尔夫完胜你 外加赢你钱的机会吗 |
[39:17] | You don’t have to ask me twice. | 这事不需二话 |
[39:19] | Tuesday works. | 周二有空 |
[39:21] | Yeah, I’ll let you hit from the ladies’ tees. | 我让你站在女士发球圈上开球 |
[39:37] | No good, huh? | 还难受呢 |
[39:38] | No, I’m just not very hungry these days. | 不是 只是这几天我不觉得饿 |
[39:41] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[39:43] | A little dizzy. | 有点晕 |
[39:44] | Sit. I’ll clean up. | 坐 我来收拾吧 |
[39:52] | Oh, um, you took down Beth’s painting? | 你把贝丝的画拿下来了吗 |
[39:55] | Yeah. Some days it’s nice to be reminded of her, | 没错 有时候怀念下她很好 |
[39:58] | but others… | 但其他时候… |
[40:00] | It’s too many memories. | 太多回忆了 |
[40:04] | Hey, um… did you ever think living in this house | 你有没有觉得住在这房子里 |
[40:08] | might be one of the reasons you feel so bad? | 就是你心情不好的原因 |
[40:12] | Maybe you could use a change of scenery? | 也许你改换换风景了 |
[40:14] | You mean leave Fairview? | 你是说离开美景镇吗 |
[40:16] | No, no, no, just this house. | 不 不 不 离开这房子 |
[40:18] | I couldn’t do that to you. Where you gonna find another tenant? | 我不能这么做 不然你上哪找租客去 |
[40:23] | Well, that’s the great part. Mike and I have been saving up, | 好消息是 麦克和我一直在攒钱 |
[40:26] | and now we’re ready to move back in. | 我们已经有能力搬回来了 |
[40:34] | I’m an idiot. | 我真蠢 |
[40:36] | What? | 什么 |
[40:39] | Very impressive, Susan. | 苏珊 你真厉害啊 |
[40:41] | I actually thought you gave a damn about me. | 我以为你真会关心我 |
[40:43] | What are you talking about? Of course I do. | 什么啊 我当然关心你了 |
[40:45] | Bringing me food, checking in on me– | 给我吃的 照看着我 |
[40:48] | It was a masterful performance. | 演技真好啊 |
[40:51] | Must have been hard being patient, though– | 要很有耐力吧 但是 |
[40:53] | not show your hand too soon. | 不要这么快亮底牌 |
[40:56] | You don’t give a crap about me. | 你一点都不关心我 |
[40:57] | It’s this house you wanted. | 你关心的是这个房子 |
[40:59] | No, Paul, that’s not true. | 不 保罗 不是这样的 |
[41:01] | I swear, Mike suggested it, and– | 我发誓 是麦克建议的 然后… |
[41:03] | Mike. Of course he’s in on it. | 麦克 他当然有份了 |
[41:06] | I bet you had a hell of a time planning out the whole thing. | 我打赌你计划这事很久了吧 |
[41:10] | I knew nobody on this street cared about me, | 我知道这街上没人关心我 |
[41:12] | but for you to pretend you did just to get something out of me, | 但要是你假装关心 却想趁机得利 |
[41:14] | that makes you the worst one of all! | 你真是可恶至极 |
[41:16] | Paul, please. Oh! Aah! | 保罗 等等 |
[41:19] | Leave me alone! And this time, I mean it. | 别管我 这一次 我认真的 |
[41:30] | People do good deeds for many reasons, | 人们做好事的理由有很多 |
[41:35] | but sometimes good deeds have bad consequences. | 但有时好事却招致恶果 |
[41:43] | Correcting a colleague’s mistake could breed resentment. | 纠正同事的错误 会反遭怨恨 |
[41:51] | Opening one’s home to a friend | 对朋友敞开家门 |
[41:53] | can damage that friendship. | 会有伤友情 |
[41:59] | Trying to bring a spouse closer | 想与配偶亲近 |
[42:01] | might push her further away. | 却反而离得更远 |
[42:07] | That’s why | 因此 |
[42:07] | there’s an old expression about helping people– | 有一句关于助人的古话说得好 |
[42:13] | No good deed… | 一切善举 |
[42:17] | goes unpunished. | 都要招致惩罚 |