时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I don’t feel well. | 我不舒服 |
[00:04] | Susan’s health took a turn for the worse. | 苏珊的健康状况急转直下 |
[00:06] | Someone call 9-1-1. | 快叫救护车 |
[00:08] | You have given me so much, Keith. | 你给了我太多 金斯 |
[00:11] | One relationship came to a bittersweet end. | 一段恋情结束 苦乐参半 |
[00:14] | I know who you are. Get out! | 我知道你的底细 滚出去 |
[00:16] | Forgive me, please. | 原谅我 求你 |
[00:17] | – Please! I love you. – No, you don’t. | -求你了 我爱你 -不可能 |
[00:20] | And another ended in betrayal. | 另一段感情 则止于背叛 |
[00:28] | The suburbs are full of parents, | 城郊随处可见父母们 |
[00:31] | and each parent has their own style. | 每位父母都有自己的一套 |
[00:36] | There’s the disciplinarian… | 有的严格管教 |
[00:40] | the smotherer… | 有的溺爱有加 |
[00:43] | and the negotiator… | 有的苦口婆心 |
[00:47] | but the one thing they all have in common… | 不过有一点是相通的 |
[00:51] | is they love to judge the parents next door. | 那就是 他们都爱对别的父母评头论足 |
[00:59] | Take your sister inside, sweetie. | 带妹妹进去 宝贝 |
[01:00] | I need to have a little chat with Lee. | 我得和李聊聊 |
[01:07] | Hi! I see Jenny’s practicing again. | 嗨 我看到珍妮又在练习了 |
[01:11] | Two hours a day, five days a week. | 每天两小时 每周五天 |
[01:13] | Wow. She is really into that violin. | 她还真喜欢小提琴啊 |
[01:16] | Sometimes. Mostly I have to force her to do it. | 有时候吧 大多数时候我不得不强迫她练 |
[01:18] | Ohh. Big mistake. | 大错特错 |
[01:21] | Really? Seems like you have an unsolicited opinion. | 是吗 看来你有话要说啊 |
[01:25] | Look, I know you’re new to this parenting thing, | 是这样 我明白你们头一回当父母 |
[01:27] | so I’m gonna tell you how it works– | 所以打算给你讲讲 |
[01:29] | You can’t force a kid to do stuff, | 你不能强迫孩子做事 |
[01:31] | ’cause then it just leads to a lot of door slamming | 那样结果只会是你气得摔门 |
[01:34] | and name-calling, and then the kid gets angry, too. | 破口大骂 然后孩子也会很生气 |
[01:38] | Well, here’s the way I think it works– | 我是这么看的 |
[01:40] | Jenny told us she wants to play the violin, | 珍妮告诉我们她想拉小提琴 |
[01:42] | so it’s my job to make sure she sticks with it. | 所以我有义务确保她坚持下来 |
[01:45] | By pushing her. | 靠逼迫她来学 |
[01:47] | I’m not pushing her. | 我没逼她 |
[01:53] | What? She wanted to learn mandarin. | 怎么啦 是她想学普通话 |
[01:55] | Look, I don’t mean to | 我不是说瞧不起你 |
[01:57] | devalue the two and a half weeks you’ve had as a father. | 你只当了两个半星期的爸爸 |
[01:59] | I’m simply telling you what works. | 我只是想告诉你真正的父母之道 |
[02:03] | So let me ask you–what’s Juanita pursuing on her own? | 那我问问你 胡安妮塔有什么打算 |
[02:07] | Huh? | 什么 |
[02:08] | As you know, the school talent show is coming up. | 你知道 学校才艺表演就要开始了 |
[02:10] | Jenny’s playing the violin. What’s Juanita going to do? | 珍妮要拉小提琴 胡安妮塔打算做什么 |
[02:12] | Well, that’s hard to say. | 这很难说 |
[02:15] | See, the beauty of my method | 我教育方法的魅力就在于 |
[02:17] | is that Juanita has explored so many… things, | 胡安妮塔已经培养了许多爱好 |
[02:20] | it’s hard to know which one to showcase. | 所以很难决定到底该展示哪一样 |
[02:22] | Well, this should be interesting– | 那这一定很有意思 |
[02:23] | Two different parenting philosophies | 两种不同的教育理念 |
[02:25] | and a talent show to prove which one of us is right… | 由一场才艺表演来决定谁对谁错 |
[02:28] | in front of hundreds of people. | 当着几百人的面 |
[02:30] | Yes. Will it be the overbearing, hypercritical father… | 好 会是傲慢苛求的父亲取胜呢 |
[02:34] | or the loving mom who still looks hot in these sweats? | 还是穿着运动衫也身材火辣的慈爱母亲 |
[02:37] | Game on. | 比赛开始 |
[02:45] | Hey, sweetie, I heard the talent show’s coming up. | 宝贝 听说才艺表演就要开始了 |
[02:48] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算表演什么 |
[02:50] | Oh, it’s going to be great. Watch. | 我的表演肯定精彩极了 瞧好啦 |
[03:00] | Yes, each parent has their own style. | 是的 每个父母都有自己的一套 |
[03:04] | But deep down, | 但在内心深处 |
[03:05] | they’re all afraid they’re doing it wrong. | 他们都害怕自己是错的 |
[03:22] | There are many things that bring us pleasure– | 许多事情能给我们带来快乐 |
[03:27] | Baking for our friends… | 为朋友烘烤点心 |
[03:30] | Having a good laugh… | 或是大笑一场 |
[03:33] | Donating to charity. | 或是捐助慈善 |
[03:36] | But the things that bring us pleasure | 不过 如果没有爱人的陪伴 |
[03:40] | may not be enough to give our lives meaning… | 那些快乐的事情 |
[03:43] | without someone to love. | 并不足以成为活着的意义 |
[03:52] | Morning, dear. Just back from the store. | 早上好 亲爱的 我刚从商店回来 |
[03:55] | What the hell? | 这他妈怎么回事 |
[03:57] | I thought for dinner I could make those lamb chops, | 我想晚餐做羊排 |
[04:00] | You love so much. | 你最爱吃的 |
[04:00] | I got a great tip from the butcher on searing the meat first. | 我从屠夫那儿学了一招 先把肉烤焦 |
[04:03] | I kicked you out of this house. | 我把你从这房子里赶出去了 |
[04:05] | Oh, dear. You’re still angry with me. | 天哪 你还生我的气 |
[04:09] | But you know, Paul, every couple has their fights. | 不过 保罗 每对夫妻都难免起争执 |
[04:12] | And I’ll admit, ours was a doozy. | 我也承认 我们的问题是有点大 |
[04:14] | That wasn’t a fight. That was the end. | 那不是什么争执 我们已经结束了 |
[04:17] | Y-you don’t mean that. You’re just upset. | 你不是来真的 你只是太生气了 |
[04:21] | But don’t worry. | 不过别担心 |
[04:23] | We will get past this. | 我们会度过这一关的 |
[04:25] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[04:27] | You actually think I would take you back? | 你真以为我会接受你吗 |
[04:31] | Wait. I get it. | 等等 我明白了 |
[04:35] | This is another ploy cooked up by your sick mother. | 这是你那病态的母亲炮制的又一个阴谋 |
[04:38] | My mother. | 我母亲 |
[04:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:42] | She’s the one you’re mad at. | 你是生她的气 |
[04:44] | It’s all her fault. | 都是她的错 |
[04:46] | She told me you were a monster who killed Aunt Martha. | 她告诉我你是杀了玛莎阿姨的恶魔 |
[04:49] | But then I fell in love with you. | 但后来我爱上了你 |
[04:52] | And I realized… | 我意识到 |
[04:54] | You never could have done such a thing. | 你永远也干不出那样的事 |
[04:59] | It was all a lie. | 这是彻头彻尾的谎言 |
[05:05] | Oh, Beth. That was no lie. | 贝丝 那不是谎言 |
[05:16] | You don’t mean… | 你不会是… |
[05:25] | My god. | 天呐 |
[05:26] | Now we both feel betrayed. | 现在我们都尝到被背叛的滋味了 |
[05:29] | Painful, isn’t it? | 很痛苦 对吧 |
[05:38] | – You know what this is? – Uh, a closet? | -知道这是什么吧 -壁橱吗 |
[05:41] | No. It’s a graveyard– | 不 这是个墓地 |
[05:43] | a graveyard filled with all the stuff we bought | 装满了我们给你买的 |
[05:46] | because you told us you wanted to do something | 那些你告诉我们你想做 |
[05:47] | and then quit. | 但又半途而废的东西 |
[05:48] | Remember this? | 记得这个吗 |
[05:49] | Remember how you begged us to buy you a guitar? | 记得你是怎么哀求我们给你买个吉他吗 |
[05:52] | The strings hurt my fingers. | 那些弦弄得我手指好痛 |
[05:56] | What about this? | 那这个呢 |
[05:57] | Very expensive. You’ve never touched it. | 非常昂贵 你碰都没碰过 |
[06:00] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[06:01] | I use it to pretend I’m playing guitar. | 我用它来假装我在弹吉他 |
[06:04] | Juanita, you are full of ideas, | 胡安妮塔 你的想法很多 |
[06:06] | but you never see any of them through. | 但你从没坚持下来过 |
[06:08] | Well, guess what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[06:09] | You are doing one of these things at that talent show. | 你得在才艺表演上表演一项 |
[06:11] | But I’m already doing something. | 我已经有节目了啊 |
[06:13] | Not that. | 不是那个 |
[06:16] | Fine. If you won’t pick something, I will. | 好 如果你自己不选 我来给你选 |
[06:23] | Tap. | 踢踏舞 |
[06:24] | -No. – Yes. | -不 -就这个 |
[06:26] | You enjoyed it. You actually set your personal record | 你喜欢踢踏 你在这方面甚至创造了 |
[06:29] | for sticking with something– two months! | 个人持之以恒的记录 整整两个月 |
[06:32] | But it’s hard. | 但这舞很难 |
[06:34] | Let me tell you something about life– | 告诉你 生活的要义就是 |
[06:36] | Anything that’s worth doing is hard. | 值得做的事情总是很难 |
[06:39] | That’s what life is? | 活着这么没劲吗 |
[06:40] | You’re going back to that tap class, | 你得继续去上踢踏舞课 |
[06:42] | and you’re gonna practice two hours a day, | 每天练习两个小时 |
[06:44] | seven days a week until you nail it. | 一周七天从不间断 直到你跳会了为止 |
[06:45] | No, I’ll do something else at the show. | 不 我要表演其他节目 |
[06:47] | – Like what? – I’ll tell jokes. | -比如什么 -我会讲笑话 |
[06:49] | A Jewish guy and a Mexican walk into a bar– | 一个犹太人和一个墨西哥人走进酒吧 |
[06:53] | No. | 不行 |
[06:58] | Thank you, Bree. | 谢谢你 布里 |
[06:59] | It always brightens my day when you invite me to visit. | 很开心接到你的邀请 |
[07:03] | Well, Reverend Sykes, I very much enjoy your company. | 赛克斯神父 非常高兴您能来陪我 |
[07:05] | As I do yours. | 我也很荣幸 |
[07:10] | So… have you killed someone? | 那么 你杀了人吗 |
[07:14] | Excuse me? | 您再说一遍 |
[07:16] | I’ve always found the treats you prepare for my visits | 我发现你款待我的食物 |
[07:18] | are a reliable indicator of your level of spiritual turmoil. | 是你精神状况的可靠指标 |
[07:22] | The more exquisite the baked goods, | 点心越是精致 |
[07:24] | the more anguished your soul. This… | 说明你的心灵越是痛苦 这 |
[07:26] | Is a hazelnut chocolate chip scone with currants. | 可是榛子巧克力葡萄干松饼 |
[07:32] | So I ask again– have you killed someone? | 所以我再问一遍 你杀了人吗 |
[07:34] | No. It’s just… | 不 只是 |
[07:38] | Lately I feel like Job. | 最近我觉得自己就像约伯 |
[07:41] | You know, Job, from the old testament? | 你知道约伯吧 《旧约》中的约伯 |
[07:43] | I’m familiar with the book, thank you. | 我很熟悉这本书 谢谢 |
[07:46] | Why do you think you’re Job? | 你为什么觉得自己是约伯 |
[07:52] | I just feel that God has taken everything away from me. | 我就是觉得上帝夺走了我的一切 |
[07:57] | I lost my business, my children never call me, | 我失去了事业 孩子们从不给我打电话 |
[08:00] | and… my boyfriend Keith has left me. | 我的男友金斯也离开了我 |
[08:05] | Well, it’s not exactly body boils and dead camels, | 那也没有天塌下来那么惨 |
[08:09] | but I understand what you’re saying. | 但我能理解你的意思 |
[08:12] | When I complained | 我那时没被耶鲁神学院录取 |
[08:14] | after I was not accepted into Yale Divinity School, | 之后也抱怨了一通 |
[08:17] | my father had no sympathy. | 我父亲根本没安慰过我 |
[08:19] | Instead, he drove me from our lovely home in Connecticut | 相反 他把我从康乃迪克州温馨的家 |
[08:23] | to a dangerous section of the Bronx | 开车送到布朗克斯的贫民区 |
[08:25] | and forced me to hand out blankets to the homeless. | 逼我给流浪汉分发毛毯 |
[08:28] | I see. That’s the reason you’ve always been | 我明白了 所以你现在总是如此同情 |
[08:30] | – So sensitive to the plight of the poor. – Perhaps. | -穷人的困境 -可能吧 |
[08:33] | It’s certainly the reason my father was buried | 但我爸一定是因此 才在被埋葬的时候 |
[08:35] | in a sport jacket he detested. | 还穿着他生前最讨厌的运动衫 |
[08:37] | The point is, looking at what has been taken from us | 重点是 回顾不堪回首的往事 |
[08:40] | is a bad way to go through life. | 并非继续生活的明智之举 |
[08:43] | Looking for what we can give to others is far better. | 向有需要的人伸出援手 才更有意义 |
[08:50] | Could you pass me the tape? | 能把胶带递给我吗 |
[08:54] | I’m so glad I asked you to help. | 我请了你来帮忙 真是高兴 |
[08:58] | I’m sorry. I’m feeling a little faint. | 抱歉 我有点晕 |
[09:01] | What is that smell? | 那是什么味道 |
[09:02] | It’s like sneakers mixed with cologne | 像是鞋臭味夹杂着古龙水的香味 |
[09:05] | mixed with “I ran around the block | 夹杂着穿着奶酪做的衬衫 |
[09:07] | four times Wearing a shirt made of cheese.” | 绕街跑了四圈的味道 |
[09:09] | That’s Porter and Preston. | 那是波特和普雷斯顿特有的味道 |
[09:11] | Well, get the place cleaned. | 快把这里打扫干净 |
[09:13] | Yeah. I think I’m gonna hold off on that for a while. | 我想我该把这种味道保留一段时间 |
[09:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:18] | Because… | 因为… |
[09:20] | I kind of love this smell. | 我有点爱这种味道 |
[09:23] | Okay, now you’re becoming delirious. | 好吧 看来你已经神志不清了 |
[09:26] | We’ve gotta get you out of here. | 我得赶紧把你带出去 |
[09:28] | Hey, you don’t have children, | 你没生过孩子 |
[09:31] | so you don’t get it. | 所以你无法体会 |
[09:34] | But raising kids is an amazing experience. | 把孩子养育成人是一种很神奇的经历 |
[09:37] | It is the most meaningful thing I’ve ever done. | 这是我做过最有意义的事 |
[09:41] | So anything that reminds me of them is a good thing. | 任何能让我想起他们的事物都是美好的 |
[09:50] | You must be pretty sad they’re gone. | 他们走了 你一定很难过 |
[09:51] | No. | 没有 |
[09:53] | No, it’s right. | 不 这是正确的 |
[09:55] | They’re moving on with their lives. | 他们要独立过崭新的生活 |
[09:58] | It’s wonderful. | 多好啊 |
[10:02] | Then why are there tears in your eyes? | 那你为什么眼里会有泪花 |
[10:06] | Um… that’s the smell. | 被这味道给熏的 |
[10:09] | You’re right. Let’s get outta here. | 你说得对 我们出去吧 |
[10:20] | So… any idea what’s going on with me? | 那么 我的身体怎么样了 |
[10:24] | As much as I enjoy passing out at restaurants, | 虽然在餐馆里晕倒的经历很有趣 |
[10:27] | I’m starting to get a little concerned. | 不过现在我开始有点担心 |
[10:30] | According to these tests, your creatine levels are increasing. | 根据化验结果 你的肌酸水平在上升 |
[10:33] | – That’s not good. Oh. – Why is that happening? | -情况不妙 -是什么原因呢 |
[10:36] | I realize this isn’t a satisfying answer, but… | 我知道这样回答不会令人满意 可… |
[10:39] | we don’t know. | 我也不清楚 |
[10:41] | So, uh… | 那么… |
[10:43] | how serious is it? | 情况有多严重 |
[10:47] | I’ll tell you what I tell all my patients– | 我的回答千篇一律 |
[10:50] | We are going to do everything we can to get you a kidney. | 我们会尽所能帮你找到匹配的肾 |
[10:53] | But in the meantime, live your life. | 可与此同时 好好生活 |
[10:56] | If there’s things you’re thinking about doing… | 如果你还有什么未了心愿 |
[11:00] | do them now. | 赶紧去完成 |
[11:16] | I think for our anniversary we should have a picnic… | 我们的结婚纪念日应该去野餐 |
[11:19] | in the woods… | 在小树林里… |
[11:21] | where we got married. | 那是我们结婚的地方 |
[11:24] | Sure. | 好 |
[11:26] | That’s a great idea. | 这主意不错 |
[11:28] | I think we should do it now. | 我们现在就去 |
[11:31] | But our anniversary’s not till July. | 可我们的结婚纪念日得等到七月 |
[11:36] | Were we not at the same appointment just now? | 你刚才没听见医生怎么说吗 |
[11:58] | I thought that dialysis was supposed to keep you healthy. | 我以为血透就可以让你健康地活下去 |
[12:02] | I guess it’s just not working for me. | 可能是对我不起作用吧 |
[12:04] | – How bad is this? – Pretty bad. | -情况有多坏 -很不乐观 |
[12:07] | Yesterday, the doctor’s secretary | 昨天 医生的秘书 |
[12:08] | handed me this free parking pass with this… sad look. | 苦着脸给我发了张免费停车证 |
[12:13] | It was like, | 就好像在说 |
[12:15] | “yeah, you’re doomed, but your parking’s free.” | “你的大限将至 但你可以免费停车了” |
[12:18] | So is this pass good for a month? A week? | 免费停多久 一个月还是一周 |
[12:22] | Gaby! | 加布 |
[12:22] | I just wanna know what we’re facing here. | 我只是想搞清楚状况 |
[12:24] | All I know is…I need a new kidney, | 我只知道我需要换个肾 |
[12:27] | And there’s nothing I can do till they find me one. | 我只能坐等他们帮我找到 |
[12:30] | Well, have you thought about trying to find a donor yourself? | 你有没有想过自己去找捐肾的人 |
[12:33] | So far, you’ve only asked family. | 目前为止 你只问过你的亲人 |
[12:35] | Yeah, widen the circle. Ask friends and neighbors. | 对 扩大寻找范围 去问问朋友和邻居 |
[12:38] | Well, there’s not much point. | 希望不大 |
[12:39] | I mean, finding a match is like 1 in 1,000. | 能够配对成功的几率只有千分之一 |
[12:43] | So ask a thousand people. | 那就去找一千个人 |
[12:44] | Yes. We can help. | 没错 我们都能帮忙 |
[12:46] | We can canvass the neighborhood, | 我们可以拉上邻居 |
[12:47] | put up signs, go door to door. | 张贴告示 挨家挨户拜访 |
[12:49] | Guys, it’s a vital organ. | 姑娘们 这可是活命的器官 |
[12:52] | Susan, people care about you. | 苏珊 大家都很关心你 |
[12:56] | You might be surprised what they’re willing to do. | 他们愿意为你做的事会出乎你的意料 |
[12:59] | I appreciate the thought, | 心意我领了 |
[13:03] | but I just can’t ask anyone | 可我没法开口 |
[13:04] | to make that kind of sacrifice for me. | 要求任何人为我做出那种牺牲 |
[13:09] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[13:12] | I’m gonna get you more coffee. | 我再给你们倒点咖啡 |
[13:20] | Maybe she can’t. | 或许她开不了口 |
[13:23] | But I can. | 可我能做到 |
[13:28] | Donate a kidney? | 捐肾 |
[13:30] | Have we met? I’m like 112. | 我们认识吗 我可有112岁高龄了 |
[13:32] | But, Karen, | 可是 凯伦 |
[13:33] | it’s for our dear friend Susan. | 这是为了救我们的好友苏珊 |
[13:34] | I’m not having elective surgery. | 非急需手术 我可不做 |
[13:36] | I take enough risk just climbing out of the tub. | 我现在光是爬出浴盆 就够冒险了 |
[13:41] | I don’t know. Aren’t there serious risks? | 我不了解 风险不大吗 |
[13:43] | Actually, the mortality rate is quite low. | 实际上 死亡率极低 |
[13:45] | I meant the scarring. | 我说的是会不会留疤 |
[13:46] | I’ve spent a lot of time | 我在健身房锻炼了很久 |
[13:47] | at the gym Working off my love handles, | 为了减掉游泳圈 |
[13:48] | and I will not give up a chance to go shirtless. | 我可不想失去光着上半身的机会 |
[13:51] | – No. – But I– | -不行 -可我… |
[13:52] | – No. – She’s really– | -不行 -她真的… |
[13:53] | – No. – Would you ju– | -不行 -你能不能… |
[13:55] | No. | 不行 |
[13:59] | Bree… | 布里 |
[14:01] | Yes? | 怎样 |
[14:02] | No. | 不行 |
[14:12] | I want a baby. | 我想要个宝宝 |
[14:14] | Here. I also have a 9-year-old. | 给 我还有个9岁大的 |
[14:17] | One of my own. | 我要自己养一个 |
[14:19] | Preferably a boy… | 最好是个男孩 |
[14:21] | and in brown. | 棕色皮肤 |
[14:23] | Wait. You’re serious? | 等等 你当真 |
[14:25] | Where did you get this incredibly rash and not-thought-out idea? | 你怎么突然这么草率 没过脑子吗 |
[14:28] | From you. | 受你影响 |
[14:30] | You know what you said yesterday | 你昨天说到孩子是你活着的意义 |
[14:31] | About kids giving your life meaning? I want that. | 我也想要那样的意义 |
[14:35] | I want… meaning. | 我想要活着的意义 |
[14:37] | In the form of a baby? | 通过养孩子吗 |
[14:40] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:41] | I already made an appointment with an adoption agency, | 我已经在领养机构做了预约 |
[14:44] | which was right next door to my manicurist. | 就开在我的美甲师的隔壁 |
[14:46] | It was like it was meant to be. | 这就像是上天注定 |
[14:49] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[14:51] | I mean, your social calendar is very full. | 你的社交日程可都排满了 |
[14:54] | A baby would change all that. | 养孩子的话 会彻底打乱你的安排 |
[14:56] | It requires a lot of sacrifice and compromise. | 你得做出许多牺牲和让步 |
[14:59] | Maybe the way you do it. | 或许只有你才这么傻 |
[15:02] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[15:03] | You work your life around your kids. | 你整天都围着你的孩子们转 |
[15:06] | I intend to work my child into my life. | 我想让我的孩子融入我的生活 |
[15:09] | No offense, but I think | 恕我冒犯 可我认为 |
[15:12] | you make it a lot harder than it has to be. | 是你把事情搞复杂了 |
[15:16] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[15:19] | You might be right. | 说不定你说的对 |
[15:22] | But before you commit to being a mom, | 可在你正式做妈妈前 |
[15:26] | why don’t you give it a test drive? | 何不试验一下 |
[15:28] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:29] | You could watch Paige some night. | 你可以照看佩琪一晚 |
[15:31] | Tom and I am out in a while. | 我和汤姆过会儿要出门 |
[15:32] | Really? You’d let me babysit? | 真的吗 你要我看孩子吗 |
[15:34] | Yeah! | 对 |
[15:36] | Which one is Paige? | 佩琪是哪个 |
[15:37] | This one. | 就是她 |
[15:41] | I accept. Wow. | 我接受了 |
[15:44] | My first step toward being a mom. | 做妈妈的第一步 |
[15:47] | Oh, you watch. I am gonna be a natural. | 走着瞧 我有这方面的天赋 |
[15:53] | Oh, uh, does she eat shellfish? | 她吃贝类吗 |
[15:56] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[16:00] | So I got us caviar, | 我带了鱼子酱 |
[16:02] | shrimp paste smoked salmon. | 虾酱 熏鲑鱼 |
[16:05] | If there’s a part of a fish they can overcharge for, | 凡是要价高的鱼品 |
[16:07] | we have it. | 我都带了 |
[16:09] | Can you put these in the back? Thanks. | 你能把这些放后备箱里吗 谢谢 |
[16:15] | – Sweetie? – Yeah? | -亲爱的 -什么事 |
[16:17] | – I just want to thank you for doing this today. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你今天为我这么做 -不客气 |
[16:21] | And you can thank me again when we go back in July | 等七月份我们庆祝真正的纪念日时 |
[16:23] | for our real anniversary. | 你可以再感谢我 |
[16:25] | And I’d really love if, for the next eight hours, | 我希望接下来的八小时内 |
[16:28] | I’m not sick. No talk of kidneys. | 不谈疾病 不谈肾 |
[16:31] | Let’s just have a fun, normal day, okay? | 我们好好渡过这愉快正常的一天 好吗 |
[16:35] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[16:41] | One fun, normal day in the woods, coming up. | 森林里愉快正常的一天开始了 |
[16:50] | Nothing’s gonna ruin this trip. | 没有任何事可以毁掉这趟旅行 |
[17:06] | Hey. How was tap class? | 嗨 踢踏舞班上得怎么样 |
[17:08] | It’s too hard. I don’t wanna do it anymore. | 太难学了 我可不想再去了 |
[17:11] | Oh, sweetie… | 亲爱的 |
[17:15] | You’re doing it. We’re not a family of quitters. | 你还得去 我们可不是轻易放弃的家族 |
[17:18] | Ugh! You quit all the time. | 你动不动就放弃 |
[17:20] | Yesterday we played hide-and-seek. | 昨天我们玩捉迷藏 |
[17:22] | Celia and I looked for you for an hour | 我和西利娅找了你一小时 |
[17:24] | before we saw your car was gone. | 结果发现是你开车走了 |
[17:26] | So I found a great hiding place. | 我找到了一个绝好的藏身之处 |
[17:28] | It’s not quitting. | 这不算放弃 |
[17:31] | All right, look, let me ask you something– | 我问你 |
[17:34] | Are you getting better? | 你跳得有进步吗 |
[17:36] | – I guess. – Well, there you go. | -好像是吧 -这就对了 |
[17:38] | Now go upstairs and change. | 现在上楼去换衣服 |
[17:40] | Oh, and remember, tomorrow’s lesson’s two hours. | 记住 明天的课程是两个小时 |
[17:43] | You’re gonna make my feet fall off. | 我的脚都要没知觉了 |
[17:46] | I can’t wait for this to be over. | 这事早完早了 |
[17:51] | Why are you working her so hard? | 你干嘛让她这么玩命 |
[17:52] | It’s a lousy school talent show. | 不过是学校里的才艺表演 |
[17:54] | You think Bob and Lee are going easy on their kid? | 你觉得鲍勃和李会纵容他们的孩子吗 |
[17:56] | No! They push her. | 不会 他们在督促她 |
[17:58] | That girl’s so good at the violin, | 那女孩小提琴拉得特别好 |
[17:59] | she’s practically Asian. | 还会说亚洲语言 |
[18:01] | So that’s what this is about. | 这才是关键所在啊 |
[18:02] | You’re competing with Bob and Lee. | 你在和鲍勃与李较劲 |
[18:04] | Pfft. That’s ridiculous. This is about Juanita. | 切 太可笑了 这事关胡安妮塔 |
[18:07] | I’m building her self-esteem | 我在建立她的自信心 |
[18:09] | and giving her a chance to shine. | 给她大放异彩的机会 |
[18:11] | And if a couple of same-sex parents | 如果这会让一对同性父母 |
[18:13] | end up crying at home in their silk kimonos, | 在家穿着丝质和服大哭 |
[18:15] | so be it. | 那就成全他们吧 |
[18:22] | Oh, Mike, look at this place. | 麦克 瞧瞧这地方 |
[18:24] | Isn’t it as beautiful as you remember it? | 和记忆中的一样美丽 不是吗 |
[18:27] | Yeah. Lucky I didn’t leave it on the roof of the car. | 是啊 要是没把它放在车顶就更好了 |
[18:30] | Ugh. Will you forget about the picnic basket? | 你还对野餐篮念念不忘呢 |
[18:34] | I guess you’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[18:37] | What’s important is we’re together. | 重要的是我们在一起 |
[18:39] | And there’s no– | 并且没有 |
[18:41] | Damn it! They forgot the fries! Unbelievable. | 该死 他们忘了装薯条 不可思议 |
[18:44] | Okay, Mike, look at me. | 好了 麦克 看着我 |
[18:47] | Think back eight years, | 想想八年前 |
[18:50] | when we stood in this spot | 那时我们站在这里 |
[18:52] | and we pledged our love to each other. | 对彼此海誓山盟 |
[18:55] | Oh! I know. | 我有主意了 |
[18:57] | Let’s renew our vows. | 再回忆一遍我们的誓言吧 |
[19:00] | That’s a great idea. | 主意很不错 |
[19:02] | I, Mike Delfino, | 我 麦克·德尔非诺 |
[19:06] | promise to love– | 发誓去爱 |
[19:10] | I, Mike Delfino, promise to– | 我 麦克·德尔非诺 发誓去 |
[19:16] | It’s just a bird. Forget it. | 只是一只鸟而已 别管它 |
[19:19] | Promise to love and honor– | 发誓去爱并尊敬 |
[19:22] | Okay. Now he’s just mocking me. | 他这是在嘲笑我 |
[19:27] | Mike! | 麦克 |
[19:29] | Mike, stop! | 麦克 别管它 |
[19:35] | Oh, my god. | 天哪 |
[19:36] | I-I can’t believe you hit that bird. | 不敢相信你居然击中了那只鸟 |
[19:39] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[19:41] | I was aiming for that one. | 我瞄准的是那只 |
[19:50] | As the gayest person at this brunch, | 作为早午餐上唯一的一对同性恋 |
[19:52] | I feel it is my duty to say… | 我觉得我必须这样称赞 |
[19:54] | “Fabulous.” | 真是”美味绝伦“ |
[19:55] | Yeah, Bree, what’s the occasion? | 是的 布里 有什么事吗 |
[19:56] | Oh, nothing, just a little get-together for friends. | 没什么 就是一些朋友们聚聚 |
[19:59] | Smoked salmon tartare cornucopia? | 熏鲑鱼大餐需要吗 |
[20:05] | This feels weird. She’s up to somethin’. | 感觉真怪 其中一定有诈 |
[20:07] | Oh, what are you talking about? It’s just a brunch. | 你说什么呢 不过是顿早午餐而已 |
[20:10] | Excuse me. If I could borrow a moment of your time | 抱歉 我想浪费大家一点时间 |
[20:14] | for a brief presentation. | 做个简短的演说 |
[20:15] | Oh, god, you’re right. It’s an ambush. | 天哪 你说的没错 是场鸿门宴 |
[20:19] | It seems many of you have some misguided ideas | 看起来大家都对肾脏捐赠产生了误解 |
[20:22] | about kidney donation, so I have invited Craig Lynwood, | 因此我邀请了克雷格·林伍德 |
[20:25] | transplant coordinator at Fairview memorial | 来自美景纪念医院的移植器官协调员 |
[20:27] | to dispel some of those myths. | 为各位解惑答疑 |
[20:29] | Mr. Lynwood, is it true there’s an age limit to donating? | 林伍德先生 捐赠有年龄限制吗 |
[20:32] | No, not necessarily. | 没有 并不一定 |
[20:36] | And does the surgery cause unsightly scarring? | 那由于外科手术导致的难看的伤疤呢 |
[20:40] | It’s laparoscopic. The scarring is minimal. | 这是腹腔镜手术 伤口非常小 |
[20:44] | Well, I don’t know about the rest of you, | 我不知道你们怎么想 |
[20:46] | but I find that very reassuring. | 但我觉得很放心 |
[20:48] | So now that we have the facts, | 既然情况大家都了解了 |
[20:50] | I am sure you’ll all want to get tested. | 我相信你们都想接受测试 |
[20:53] | – Okay, fine. I’ll go in next week. – No need. | -好吧 我下周去测试 -不用 |
[20:57] | Nurse Dearborn? | 迪尔伯恩护士 |
[21:02] | So the line forms over here. | 在这边排队填表格 |
[21:06] | And we won’t take no for an answer. | 不接受拒检 |
[21:12] | You’re gonna get tested? | 你要接受测试吗 |
[21:13] | No. I think I can take Gaby. | 不 我想我能扳倒加布 |
[21:19] | I don’t know how Paul found out, | 我不知道保罗是怎么发现的 |
[21:20] | mama, but he did. | 妈妈 但他就是发现了 |
[21:21] | And then… well… | 然后 |
[21:26] | he threw me out. | 他将我扫地出门 |
[21:28] | He was just… so cold. | 他是那么的冷漠无情 |
[21:31] | What a sad story. | 真是个悲伤的故事 |
[21:34] | If only someone had warned you what a bastard he is. | 我提醒过你他是个什么样的混蛋 |
[21:37] | I know. You were right all along. | 我知道 你一向正确 |
[21:40] | I should have listened to you. | 我应该听你的 |
[21:43] | But I’m going to make it up to you. | 但我想补偿你 |
[21:45] | Oh, Beth. | 贝丝 |
[21:47] | I can’t allow you back in my life. | 我不能容许你再重回我的生活 |
[21:50] | You have failed me in every possible way. | 你总是让我失望透顶 |
[21:53] | No. I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[21:56] | Paul confessed. | 保罗承认了 |
[21:58] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:59] | Did you get it on tape? | 你录音了吗 |
[22:03] | Did he write it on a napkin? | 他写在纸巾上了 |
[22:07] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[22:09] | Because you have never done anything right | 因为你一生中 |
[22:12] | in your life. | 没做过一件正确的事 |
[22:15] | Give me another chance. I’ll do anything. | 再给我一个机会 我什么都愿意做 |
[22:17] | I have no more use for you. Good-bye. | 你对我没有用处了 再见 |
[22:21] | Wait! | 等等 |
[22:24] | I have nowhere to go. | 我无处可去 |
[22:29] | What’s going to happen to me, mama? | 接下来我会怎样呢 妈妈 |
[22:33] | You’re going to live a lonely, depressing life | 你会在破旧的房子里孤苦无助地活着 |
[22:35] | in some ratty apartment with plenty of time to think | 有充足的时间可以用来回想 |
[22:38] | about all the people you disappointed– | 那些你让他们失望的人 |
[22:41] | most of all… me. | 尤其 是我 |
[22:45] | Guard, I’m done here. | 警卫 我说完了 |
[22:48] | Take her off the visitor’s list. | 将她从探视者的名单中清除出去 |
[23:04] | The Oakridge school talent show | 橡树岭学校才艺表演 |
[23:05] | will start in five minutes. | 五分种内即将开始 |
[23:13] | So… checking out Fairview’s answer to Itzhak Perlman? | 在查看美景镇上的伊萨克·帕尔曼吗 |
[23:17] | I don’t know what that is, | 我不知道那是谁 |
[23:18] | but if it’s German for “Cat strangler,” | 但如果它在德语中的意思是”掐死猫” |
[23:19] | then yes. | 那就没错 |
[23:21] | It’s like that, is it? | 你是真不明白 对吧 |
[23:23] | So when’s your daughter start stomping off to buffalo? | 那你女儿何时开始跳水牛舞了 |
[23:25] | She’s on right before Jenny. So you might want to keep | 她在珍妮之前出场 也许你应该将 |
[23:28] | your sunglasses handy, | 你的太阳镜拿在手边 |
[23:29] | because Juanita is going to be dazzling. | 因为胡安妮塔定将耀眼夺目 |
[23:51] | Honey! Are you okay? Were you being chased by a bee? | 宝贝 你没事吧 有蜜蜂在追你吗 |
[23:54] | No, it’s my routine. | 没有 这是我的舞步 |
[23:56] | That’s the first time I’ve nailed the finale. | 这是我第一次跳到最后 |
[24:00] | Oh, that–that was you nailing it? | 那是你的结束动作 |
[24:02] | To the floor. Bam. | 稳稳落地 厉害吧 |
[24:05] | Performers to the stage. | 表演者上台啦 |
[24:29] | Where are my tap shoes? | 我的踢踏舞鞋呢 |
[24:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:34] | I left them right here. | 我就放在这里了 |
[24:43] | Oh, honey. I guess you lost ’em, | 亲爱的 你大概弄丢了 |
[24:45] | and the show’s about to start. | 表演马上就要开始了 |
[24:47] | Dang it! | 真糟糕 |
[24:48] | I can’t believe this. I was so excited. | 真不敢相信 我之前还那么期待 |
[24:51] | I worked so hard. | 练习得那么努力 |
[24:52] | I’m sorry. You want to stay and watch your friends? | 真遗憾 留下来看你朋友的表演吧 |
[24:56] | We can go after for ice cream. | 结束之后我们去吃冰激凌 |
[24:58] | Who cares? | 谁稀罕 |
[25:07] | I will see your shirt | 我跟你的衬衫 |
[25:09] | And I will raise you one bra. | 再加一件文胸 |
[25:13] | Nicely played. | 真会下注 |
[25:19] | Do you hear something? | 你有没有听到什么动静 |
[25:20] | Hmm. Probably just a peeping raccoon. | 大概是只偷窥的浣熊 |
[25:27] | No. No, I think there’s someone out there. | 不 不 我觉得那边有人 |
[25:33] | This way! There they are! | 这边走 他们在这边 |
[25:35] | What the hell? | 搞什么飞机 |
[25:35] | I got him! | 把他交给我 |
[25:43] | Identify yourselves. | 报上名来 |
[25:45] | Are you northern agitators? | 你们是北部的反贼吗 |
[25:47] | Do we look like northern agitators? | 我们看起来像北部的反贼吗 |
[25:49] | W-we’re just celebrating our anniversary. | 我们只不过是在庆祝纪念日 |
[25:53] | You guys… | 你们… |
[25:54] | playing paintball or something? | 在玩彩弹游戏吗 |
[25:56] | No, madam, we are not playing. | 非也 女士 我们不是在玩游戏 |
[25:58] | I am major general Jedediah Garrett. | 我是杰迪戴尔·格拉特少将 |
[26:01] | Of the confederate army, and we are– | 隶属于南部邦联军 我们正… |
[26:03] | Kevin–kevin–kevin. Hi. Hi. | 凯文 凯文 你们好 |
[26:04] | Uh, we’re part of a civil war reenactment group. | 我们是重现内战的作战队伍 |
[26:06] | Yeah, I know, I know. | 我知道你们想说什么 |
[26:08] | Get a real life, right? | 现实一点 对吧 |
[26:09] | Can’t you guys just have your pretend war over there? | 你们就不能到那边去玩打仗游戏吗 |
[26:12] | Pretend? | 游戏 |
[26:13] | You, sir, are interrupting the battle of Fredericksburg. | 先生 你打断了弗雷德里克斯堡战役 |
[26:17] | Actually, we have the entire park until 6:00. | 其实我们包下了这座公园直到6点 |
[26:20] | Kyle, show ’em the permit. | 凯尔 给他们看一下许可 |
[26:23] | I-I-it’s fine. We believe you. | 没关系 我们相信你 |
[26:25] | No, it’s not fine. This is really important to her. | 不 有关系 今天对她来说很重要 |
[26:28] | Just give us a couple hours. | 给我们几个小时就好 |
[26:30] | No, sir. Now begone! | 不行 先生 赶紧离开 |
[26:33] | Men, we must be ready to attack | 战士们 做好迎战的准备 |
[26:35] | the enemy should they attempt to retreat into Maryland. | 以防敌军杀回马里兰 |
[26:38] | What a douche. | 真是个草包 |
[26:40] | A douche, you say? | 你是说 草包 |
[26:42] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[26:43] | Mike! Let’s just go. | 麦克 咱们走吧 |
[26:51] | Eyes closed, Kyle. You’re supposed to be dead. | 闭上眼睛 凯尔 按理说你已经死了 |
[26:54] | I died with my eyes open. It happens. | 我死不瞑目 常有的事 |
[26:57] | Close ’em, Kyle. | 给我闭上 凯尔 |
[27:15] | And now to close our show | 今天的最后一个节目 |
[27:17] | is a violin solo | 是由珍妮·亨特麦克德莫特 |
[27:20] | by Jenny Hunter McDermott. | 带来的小提琴独奏 |
[27:58] | She lives next door to me. | 她住在我们隔壁 |
[28:00] | We’re getting those double-paned windows. | 我们正准备装双层玻璃窗 |
[28:15] | Ouch! | 真可惜 |
[28:16] | Poor Lee. He must be pretty embarrassed. | 可怜的李 他一定觉得很难堪 |
[28:19] | Does he look embarrassed? | 他看上去像是难堪吗 |
[28:23] | She always stumbles over that part. | 她平时演奏那段时就一直出错 |
[28:25] | She really stumbled over it today. | 今天卡壳得尤其严重 |
[28:28] | But she powered through it. We couldn’t be prouder. | 但是她力挺过去了 我们骄傲极了 |
[28:53] | Wait! Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Nobody move! | 等等 等等 等等 大家都别动 |
[28:55] | Okay, don’t leave yet. | 都先别走 |
[28:56] | There’s still, uh, one girl who hasn’t performed yet. | 还有一位小姑娘没有表演 |
[28:59] | But I lost my tap shoes. | 但是我把踢踏鞋弄丢了 |
[29:01] | Oh, that’s right. Oh… oh, hey! Wait! | 没关系 等等 |
[29:04] | Is that them in the back room, behind the radiator? | 不是放在后台的暖气片下面了吗 |
[29:34] | Whoo! Bravo! | 太精彩了 |
[29:44] | Oh, look, we had a great day. | 今天过得很愉快 |
[29:46] | Think of it this way… | 你可以这样想… |
[29:48] | Now we have a funny story to tell people. | 我们又多了一件奇闻轶事可以跟大家分享 |
[30:00] | Two funny stories? | 两件轶事 |
[30:08] | Hello? | 喂 |
[30:09] | Bree, it’s Craig Lynwood. | 布里 我是克雷格·林伍德 |
[30:11] | I have some great news. | 有个好消息要告诉你 |
[30:13] | All your efforts have paid off. | 你的努力得到回报了 |
[30:16] | You found a match? | 找到匹配者了吗 |
[30:17] | We found two. | 找到两个 |
[30:19] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[30:20] | It’s a miracle. Who are they? | 真是个奇迹 都有谁 |
[30:23] | Well, one of them is you. | 其中一个是你 |
[30:27] | Bree? Are you there? | 布里 你在听吗 |
[30:30] | I’m sorry. It’s just, uh… | 抱歉 我只是… |
[30:33] | I… I wasn’t expecting this. Um… | 感到很意外 |
[30:38] | Who’s the other one? | 那另一位是谁 |
[30:40] | Woman named Beth Young. | 一位叫贝丝·杨的女士 |
[30:42] | Beth? I didn’t even know she got tested. | 贝丝 我都不知道她去测试了 |
[30:44] | Apparently she saw one of your flyers. | 显然她看到你的传单了 |
[30:46] | And she wants to do this? | 那她同意捐献了吗 |
[30:48] | Well, I don’t know yet. | 我还不清楚 |
[30:49] | We’re having a hard time getting in touch with her. | 我们一直联系不到她 |
[30:53] | So… should we continue to look for this Beth Young, | 那么 我们是继续联系贝丝·杨 |
[30:56] | or is the donor going to be you? | 还是由你来捐献 |
[31:08] | Fancy. I thought we were just gonna grab a burger. | 真高档 我以为出来只是吃个汉堡而已 |
[31:11] | Renee was really talking this place up, | 雷尼一直在强力推荐这家餐厅 |
[31:13] | So I thought we could splurge. | 所以就想来挥霍一下 |
[31:14] | Or we could stay home and eat money. | 这相当于坐在家里吃钞票 |
[31:18] | We better order. Any second, | 我们最好赶紧点菜 |
[31:19] | my phone is going to ring, | 雷尼随时会给我打电话 |
[31:21] | And Renee is gonna beg me to rush home and get Paige. | 求我赶紧回家把佩琪接走 |
[31:24] | I don’t know. She might surprise you. | 她可能会给你惊喜呢 |
[31:30] | Oh, great. | 真无奈 |
[31:33] | One night out and we have to listen to that. | 好不容易出来享受一晚 耳根也不得清净 |
[31:35] | Who brings a baby to a place like this? | 谁会把孩子带到这种地方 |
[31:38] | Hey. Let’s give the parents that dirty look | 之前我们遭受过那么多白眼 |
[31:41] | that we always get, like, “Huh.” | 现在终于有机会报复了 |
[31:42] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[31:48] | Oh, my god. | 我的天呐 |
[31:50] | It’s Renee… | 那是雷尼… |
[31:52] | on a date… | 在约会… |
[31:55] | with our baby. | 带着我们的孩子 |
[31:58] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[32:00] | And you thought she’d be good at this? | 你还指望她能带好孩子 |
[32:03] | Ohh, look at that. | 快看 |
[32:05] | What? What is she doing now? | 什么 她又在干什么 |
[32:06] | Nothing. The filet mignon just went by. | 没事 刚刚端过去一盘腓力牛排 |
[32:09] | It looks amazing. | 很好吃的样子 |
[32:11] | S-so should we just go over and get Paige? | 那我们现在就过去要回佩琪吗 |
[32:14] | Not yet. | 时机未到 |
[32:16] | I want to watch. | 我要暗地观察 |
[32:19] | Look, look, there you go. | 你看 你看 |
[32:21] | She’s probably ordering milk for Paige. | 她很可能是在给佩琪点牛奶 |
[32:28] | Or she’s giving our baby away. | 或是要把孩子交给别人 |
[32:33] | Wow. She really is bad at this. | 带孩子真的不是她的强项 |
[32:41] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[32:42] | Oh, hi. I’ll be right over to take your order. | 我马上就过去为你们点餐 |
[32:44] | Why did that woman give you this baby? | 那位女士为什么要把孩子交给你 |
[32:47] | She gave me $100 to see if I could calm her down… | 她给我100美元 让我把孩子哄安静 |
[32:51] | But I don’t mind. | 我并不介意 |
[32:52] | I love children. I’m actually expecting my third. | 我很喜欢孩子 我的第三个孩子就要出生了 |
[32:55] | Really? That’s beautiful. | 真的吗 太好了 |
[32:57] | Listen, how would you like to make… | 你想不想赚200美元 |
[33:04] | Are you ready to order? | 你们准备点餐了吗 |
[33:06] | Uh… have you forgotten something? | 你是不是忘记什么了 |
[33:08] | Oh, your drinks will be right out. | 你的饮料马上就来 |
[33:10] | No, no. Not the drinks. The baby. | 不 不 不是饮料 是孩子 |
[33:13] | I gave you a baby. Where is it? | 我把孩子交给你了 她在哪 |
[33:16] | Oh, I had orders backing up, | 有客人等着点餐 |
[33:18] | so I gave it to a busboy. | 我就把她交给一个杂役了 |
[33:20] | What? What busboy? | 什么 什么杂役 |
[33:21] | Um… he should be here somewhere. | 他应该就在附近 |
[33:25] | Oh, I hope he didn’t finish his shift and go home. | 希望他没有下班回家 |
[33:30] | You better find me that baby. | 你最好给我把孩子找到 |
[33:33] | Or I’m gonna take that one now! | 不然我现在就把你肚子里的那个抢走 |
[33:38] | Uh, hey, busboy. Are you the one that has a baby? | 小杂役 是你在带孩子吗 |
[33:42] | I’m looking for a baby– | 有没有看到一个婴儿 |
[33:44] | 2 feet tall, big head, drools. | 两英尺长 大脑袋 流着口水 |
[33:46] | I’m looking for… A baby. | 有没有看到一个婴儿 |
[33:49] | Um… did anyone pass you a baby? | 有人给过你一个孩子吗 |
[33:52] | Has anyone seen a baby?! | 有谁看见一个婴儿啊 |
[33:55] | – Had enough? – In a minute. | -够了吗 -再等会 |
[33:58] | That vein in her head is really going. | 她头上的青筋都要爆出来了 |
[34:01] | Do you know where there’s a baby? | 你知道婴儿去哪了吗 |
[34:02] | Because they gave it to me. | 他们交给我照顾的 |
[34:04] | I don’t know where the baby is! | 可我不知她哪儿去了 |
[34:08] | Lynette… | 勒奈特 |
[34:10] | And Paige. How… did you get Paige? | 还有佩琪 她怎么在你手上 |
[34:13] | What are you doing with Paige? | 你跑来抱走她干嘛 |
[34:15] | You took our baby on a date. | 你带着我们的孩子出来约会 |
[34:19] | Well… Brian called. It was his one night in town. | 布莱恩打电话来 他就在城里待一晚 |
[34:22] | Well, then you say, | 那你就该说 |
[34:23] | “Sorry, Brian, I can’t make it tonight.” | “抱歉布莱恩 今晚我来不了” |
[34:26] | That’s what being a mother is about– | 这才是做母亲的职责 |
[34:28] | making sacrifices, something you know absolutely nothing about. | 牺牲自己 你显然对此一无所知 |
[34:32] | Ugh! Come on, Tom. | 走吧 汤姆 |
[34:43] | Beth? It’s Bree Van de Kamp. | 贝丝在吗 我是布里·范德坎普 |
[34:50] | Coming. | 来了 |
[34:56] | I, uh, went to your house. Paul told me you were here. | 我去过你家 保罗告诉我你在这 |
[35:00] | We aren’t together anymore. | 我们分开了 |
[35:02] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:06] | It is what it is. | 事已至此了 |
[35:11] | Thanks… | 谢谢你 |
[35:13] | for checking on me. | 来看望我 |
[35:15] | Well, actually, the reason I came by… | 其实 我到访的真正原因是… |
[35:18] | Has the gentleman from the transplant office | 移植办公室的那位先生 |
[35:20] | reached you? | 有没有联系过你 |
[35:23] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[35:26] | Am I a match? | 我匹配吗 |
[35:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:28] | Wow. | 太好了 |
[35:31] | So… what do I do now? | 我现在要做什么 |
[35:34] | Is there someone I need to call? Are there forms? | 要跟谁联系 要填表吗 |
[35:36] | Well, that won’t be necessary, because I’m a match, too. | 这就不必了 因为我也匹配 |
[35:41] | What? | 什么 |
[35:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[35:43] | Two in the same neighborhood. | 一个街区里有两个匹配的 |
[35:44] | We’re very blessed. | 我们太幸运了 |
[35:45] | Anyway, I, uh, am going to be Susan’s donor, | 不过 我准备去做苏珊的捐献人 |
[35:49] | but I wanted to thank you for… | 但我还是要谢谢你 |
[35:53] | getting tested. | 去做这个测试 |
[35:59] | When you moved onto the lane, I didn’t give you a chance. | 你搬来紫藤巷的时候 我对你成见颇深 |
[36:03] | I saw you as a woman who married a man I hated, | 我将你视为我憎恶之人的妻子 |
[36:07] | And I see now that you’re so much more than that. | 现在我知道 你的心地如此善良 |
[36:12] | I’m sorry it took me so long to realize it. | 对不起 我花了这么长时间才明白过来 |
[36:17] | Well, I… | 那我 |
[36:19] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[36:23] | I want to do it. | 让我捐吧 |
[36:25] | Beth, no– | 贝丝 不 |
[36:26] | Please, Bree. | 求你了 布里 |
[36:29] | Let me help Susan. | 让我帮助苏珊吧 |
[36:32] | It would really mean a lot to me. | 这真的对我意义重大 |
[36:36] | Beth, what I’m about to say may not make sense to you, | 贝丝 我说这番话你可能不理解 |
[36:39] | but, um… | 但是 |
[36:42] | I’ve been going through, uh… a dark time… | 我近来过得 很痛苦 |
[36:46] | feeling alone and unconnected | 感觉孤身一人 无所依靠 |
[36:50] | and wondering if I have a purpose, | 不知自己是否还有生活的动力 |
[36:52] | so for me to be able to do this for my friend… | 所以现在能为我的朋友捐肾… |
[36:56] | It may mean a lot to you… | 这也许对你意义重大 |
[36:58] | but it means everything to me. | 但这对我来说 意味着一切 |
[37:08] | Thank you for understanding. | 谢谢你能理解 |
[37:40] | Sorry about last night. | 昨晚的事很抱歉 |
[37:42] | I bought this for the baby. | 我为宝宝买了这个 |
[37:47] | Expensive, fragile, pointy… | 昂贵 易碎 还尖尖的 |
[37:51] | if only it were flammable. | 要再是易燃品就完美了 |
[37:55] | I’m not really cut out to be a mother, am I? | 我天生就不是当妈妈的料对吧 |
[37:59] | No. | 没错 |
[38:00] | And there’s nothing wrong with that. | 不过这没什么不对的 |
[38:01] | It’s not for everyone. | 不是每个人都适合 |
[38:04] | What’s sad is how many people go ahead | 可悲的是 有多少人想都不想 |
[38:06] | and have kids anyway. | 就把孩子生下来了 |
[38:08] | Well, what do people do to fill up the hole in their lives? | 人们要填补生活的空虚 都做些什么呢 |
[38:12] | No matter what I do, no matter who I’m with, I… | 现在无论我做什么 跟谁在一起 |
[38:16] | I feel alone. | 我都感到寂寞 |
[38:17] | You’ll find something, | 你会找到的 |
[38:19] | and when you do, | 等你找到的时候 |
[38:20] | you’ll be glad you have the room. | 你会高兴自己心里还有空间 |
[38:21] | Lots and lots of room. | 许多许多空间可以容纳 |
[38:26] | Thanks. Mm. I’m so glad I stopped by. | 谢谢 能来拜访我很高兴 |
[38:33] | We’re about to eat. Why don’t you join us? | 我们要开饭了 你何不跟我们一起吃 |
[38:37] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[38:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:40] | But keep the baby on your side of the table. | 不过让宝宝坐在你那边 |
[38:44] | What? I’ll probably let her play with my knife. | 怎么了 我很可能让她玩我的餐刀 |
[38:55] | Ow! Son of a bitch! | 该死 |
[39:04] | Let me look at it. | 让我瞧瞧 |
[39:05] | No. | 不 |
[39:08] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[39:12] | Mike, are you okay? | 麦克 你还好吗 |
[39:13] | No, I’m not okay. We never should have come here. | 不 我不好 我们就不该来这里 |
[39:16] | Instead of waiting for our real anniversary, | 我们该等到真正周年纪念那天 |
[39:18] | we wasted our time on this disaster. | 而不是浪费时间在这儿倒霉 |
[39:22] | Is that why you’re yelling at me? ’cause I… | 你就因为这个吼我吗 因为我 |
[39:24] | ’cause I moved up our anniversary? | 因为我提前了我们的纪念日 |
[39:27] | Because you’re dying. | 因为你要死了 |
[39:32] | You’re dying, | 你要死了 |
[39:33] | and there’s not a damn thing I can do about it. | 我却束手无策 |
[39:36] | Look, I’m sorry, but it… | 我很抱歉 但是 |
[39:38] | it feels like you’re getting ready to say good-bye… | 这感觉就像你准备好要说再见了 |
[39:42] | like you’re bailing on me. | 就像你要放弃我了 |
[39:44] | Bailing? | 放弃 |
[39:47] | I am fighting. | 我在抗争呢 |
[39:50] | I-I am scared, I don’t know what’s gonna happen, | 我很害怕 我不知道接下来会怎样 |
[39:53] | but I am fighting my ass off. | 但我在全力抗争着 |
[39:56] | I want to see M.J. graduate. | 我还想看着M.J.毕业 |
[40:02] | I want to grow old with you. | 还想跟你白头偕老 |
[40:07] | I want all of that. | 这一切我都不想错过 |
[40:11] | But in the meantime, I… | 但同时 我 |
[40:16] | I am gonna enjoy every… | 我会享受每一天 |
[40:19] | every moment of every day. | 每一天 每一刻 |
[40:37] | Let’s get outta here. | 我们离开这儿吧 |
[40:41] | Hey. Lean on me. | 扶着我 |
[40:44] | I’m a lot stronger than you think. | 我可比你想象的强壮多了 |
[40:51] | Our lives are brief. | 人的一生如此短暂 |
[40:54] | That’s why it’s important to search for meaning. | 因此 找到活着的意义至关重要 |
[41:00] | We find it in our daughter’s smile… | 我们发现意义就在于女儿的开怀一笑 |
[41:04] | In the warmth of our friends… | 在于朋友的热情相待 |
[41:09] | or the comfort of our faith. | 在于信仰给予的安慰 |
[41:16] | Then there are those who make their lives meaningful | 然后还有一些人 通过巨大的牺牲 |
[41:20] | by making a great sacrifice. | 来寻找他们活着的意义 |
[41:24] | Hello. My name is Beth Young. | 你好 我叫贝丝·杨 |
[41:27] | I’m here to donate a kidney. | 我来此捐献一颗肾 |
[41:29] | I just found out I’m a match for a friend of mine. | 我刚得知我与我朋友的肾匹配 |
[41:32] | I’m sorry, ma’am. You’re in the wrong place. | 对不起 夫人 你来错地方了 |
[41:34] | You want the transplant office on the fourth floor. | 你要找移植办公室在四层 |
[41:36] | These are my forms. | 这些是我的表格 |
[41:38] | I think you’ll see they’re all completely filled out. | 你可以看到都完全填好了 |
[41:41] | Again, ma’am, you want the transplant office. | 再说一遍 夫人 你要找移植办公室 |
[41:43] | This is emergency. | 这里是急诊室 |
[41:44] | My friend’s name is Susan Delfino. | 我朋友的名字是苏珊·德尔菲诺 |
[41:47] | It’s funny. At first, we didn’t get along very well. | 很好笑 起初我们相处得不太愉快 |
[41:50] | Actually, we never got along. | 其实 我们从未好好相处过 |
[41:53] | But that kind of thing seems so insignificant | 但是当有人需要你的时候 |
[41:56] | when someone is in need. | 这些事看来都不重要了 |
[41:58] | That’s great. Fourth floor, elevator’s down the hall. | 说的真好 在四楼 电梯直走就到了 |
[42:05] | I really don’t mean to trouble you, | 我真的不想给您找麻烦 |
[42:07] | But these forms have to get to the right place. | 但这些表格必须送到合适的地方 |
[42:10] | I don’t want to mess this up. | 我不想搞砸 |
[42:13] | It’s the most important thing I’ve ever done. | 这是我一生做过最重要的事 |
[42:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[42:19] | I’ll take care of it. | 我来处理 |
[42:21] | Thank you so much. You’re very kind. | 谢谢您 您真是太好了 |
[42:40] | We need some help over here! | 这里需要急救 |