时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Preston buy this for me in Paris. | 这是Preston在巴黎给我买的 |
[00:04] | – That woman is a… gold digger. – There was a shocking announcement… | – 那女人是个… 掘金者 – 一个令人震惊的消息被宣布… |
[00:08] | You proposed? | 你求婚了? |
[00:10] | She’s the one. I know it. | 她就是我的真命天女 我知道 |
[00:12] | The other night was a mistake. | 那天晚上是个错误 |
[00:14] | A surprising move… | 一个意想不到的举动… |
[00:17] | – Mr.Logan? – A dangerous disclosure… | – Mr.Logan? – 一个危险的消息被透露… |
[00:20] | I’ll tell you where she lives when I get my $1,000. | 等我拿到一千美元酬金 我就告诉你她住在哪儿 |
[00:22] | A stunning discovery… | 一个令人震惊的发现… |
[00:24] | – What are you doing with a picture of Rex? – He was my father. | – 你怎么有和Rex在一起的照片? – 他是我父亲 |
[00:27] | And a welcoming embrace. | 以及一个欢迎的拥抱 |
[00:35] | You should never trust family photos. | 你不该相信家庭照片 |
[00:38] | They are designed to be misleading. | 那是用来误导观众的 |
[00:42] | A mother’s bright smile | 在母亲的灿烂笑容里 |
[00:44] | may hide a lifetime of disappointment. | 也许隐藏着终身的失望 |
[00:48] | A son’s sweet expression could conceal boundless rage. | 在儿子的乖巧的表情里 也许隐藏着无尽的愤怒 |
[00:54] | A daughter’s sedate pose | 在女儿的娴静姿态里 |
[00:56] | might obscure years of unladylike behavior. | 也许隐藏着长年累月的叛逆 |
[01:01] | And as for that father with the air of dignity, | 而受人尊敬的父亲 |
[01:04] | there’s always the chance… | 也有可能… |
[01:06] | he has another family elsewhere. | 另有家室 |
[01:13] | I… I don’t know what to say. | 我… 我不知道该说什么 |
[01:14] | Well, I’m not surprised. | 嗯 我能理解 |
[01:16] | It’s a shocking bit of news, to say the least. | 总而言之 这是个令人震惊的消息 |
[01:19] | So you’re my brother? | 那你是我哥哥? |
[01:21] | Half-brother, to be precise. | 准确的说 是同父异母哥哥 |
[01:24] | I can’t believe this. | 我真无法相信 |
[01:26] | Andrew, you have every right to be upset. | Andrew 你完全有理由生气 |
[01:29] | Your father should have told us about this years ago. | 你父亲早就应该告诉我们的 |
[01:31] | But please don’t be angry with Sam. It’s not his fault. | 但请不要生Sam的气 这不是他的错 |
[01:36] | I’m fine. I just, uh, need to be by myself for a while. | 我没事 我只是 呃 想一个人独处一会儿 |
[01:40] | Of course. We understand. | 当然 我们能理解 |
[01:43] | If you don’t mind, I’ll hug you later. | 如果你不介意 我等一下再给你拥抱 |
[01:46] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[01:49] | Well, he certainly handled that better than I expected. | 嗯 他处理得比我预期的要好 |
[01:53] | When the shock wears off, | 等他平静下来 |
[01:54] | – I think we’ll end up good friends. – And wait till you meet Danielle. | – 我想我们最终会成为好朋友的 – 再等等和Danielle见面吧 |
[01:57] | Her flight comes in tomorrow, | 她的航班明天早上到 |
[01:59] | and I just know the two of you are really gonna hit it off. | 我知道你们俩肯定会很合拍 |
[02:02] | Don’t you agree, Orson? | 对吗 Orson? |
[02:05] | Uh, yes, I’m sure. | 呃 是的 没错 |
[02:07] | Sam, would you mind locking up the test kitchen? | Sam 可以麻烦你去锁一下厨房门吗? |
[02:11] | Happy to. | 乐意效劳 |
[02:12] | Again, thank you for everything. | 再次感谢你所做的一切 |
[02:22] | So when did you speak to Danielle? | 你是什么时候告诉Danielle的? |
[02:25] | Oh, an hour ago, and she was just as stunned as Andrew, | 噢 一个小时前 她和Andrew一样惊讶 |
[02:28] | but when I said I was gonna have a little dinner for Sam, | 但当我说要为Sam搞一个家庭晚餐时 |
[02:30] | She was determined to be here. | 她决定要来 |
[02:32] | Well, you’ve certainly wasted no time | 嗯 你真是争分夺秒地 |
[02:34] | welcoming Sam to the family. | 欢迎Sam到我们家来 |
[02:36] | – Why not? That skeleton’s been kept in the closet long enough. – No, I understand. | – 为什么不呢? 这个秘密已经隐藏得够久的了 – 不 我理解 |
[02:41] | And I agree that Andrew and Danielle | 我也认为Andrew和Danielle |
[02:43] | should try to make a connection to Sam. | 应该努力去接纳Sam |
[02:44] | He’s their blood relative. | 他们有血缘关系 |
[02:46] | I’m just not sure why you’re so excited by it. | 我只是不知道为什么你这么兴奋 |
[02:49] | Excited? | 兴奋? |
[02:51] | I’m ashamed. | 我觉得很丢脸 |
[02:53] | Ashamed? | 丢脸? |
[02:54] | Rex kept that boy in the shadows for years. | Rex让那个孩子一直生活在阴影中 |
[02:56] | I can’t look at Sam without feeling overwhelming guilt. | 我一见到Sam就有一种无法抗拒的内疚感 |
[03:00] | – But you have nothing to feel guilty for. – It doesn’t matter. | – 但你没必要内疚 – 没关系 |
[03:03] | Rex is gone, and someone needs to make it up to him. | Rex已经走了 必须有人对他做出补偿 |
[03:06] | He is a Van De Kamp, | 他是Van De Kamp家的人 |
[03:07] | And I am gonna see to it that he is treated like one. | 我将像对待家人一样对待他 |
[03:12] | Yes, be careful when looking at family photos… | 是的 在看家庭照片的时候也要小心了… |
[03:18] | Like certain members of the family, | 就像总会有些家庭成员 |
[03:21] | they are not to be trusted. | 是不可信的 |
[03:37] | Every year, Oakridge Private School | 每一年 Oakridge私立学校 |
[03:39] | held a fund-raising drive. | 都会举行一次筹款活动 |
[03:43] | Students were asked to sell $3 bars of chocolate. | 学生们都被要求去贩卖3美元一条的巧克力 |
[03:47] | Whoever sold the most would receive a prize. | 卖得最多的将得到奖励 |
[03:51] | Of course, for someone to win, | 当然 只能有一个赢家 |
[03:54] | Someone else had to lose. | 其余的人只能认输了 |
[03:59] | Hey, M.J., have you gone in and gotten your candy yet? | 嗨 M.J. 你拿到你的巧克力了吗? |
[04:02] | No. | 没有 |
[04:04] | Well, you better hurry up, | 嗯 那你得快点了 |
[04:05] | because I already saw some kids selling candy outside. | 因为我看到有的孩子已经在外面卖巧克力了 |
[04:08] | – It doesn’t matter. – Why not? | – 没关系 – 为什么? |
[04:10] | Because I’m not gonna win. | 因为我不会赢的 |
[04:12] | I never win anything. | 我从来没赢过任何比赛 |
[04:15] | You promised him he’d win? | 你向他保证他一定会赢? |
[04:17] | He was about to cry. What was I supposed to say? | 他都要哭了 那我该怎么说? |
[04:20] | How about, “if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again”? | 比如说 “如果你没有取得首场胜利 就努力 再努力?” |
[04:23] | He tries all the time. He never wins anything. | 他一直在努力 但他从来没赢过 |
[04:27] | He’s horrible at sports. He’s lousy at card games. | 他体育很差 玩纸牌游戏也不行 |
[04:31] | Let us not forget his humiliation | 更别提他在在拼字比赛中 |
[04:34] | at that spelling bee. | 那些丢脸的事 |
[04:35] | Why did he think “kayak” had a “q” in it? | 他怎么会觉得”kayak”中间有个”q”呢? |
[04:38] | My point is that I want him to feel good about himself. | 我的重点是 我是想让他有点自信 |
[04:42] | Every child should win something at least once. | 每个孩子都应该至少赢一次 |
[04:46] | See, you win everything. | 看看 你什么事都强 |
[04:49] | I know what it’s like to lose. | 我知道失败是什么滋味 |
[04:52] | Dear god, not the jump rope competition. | 天哪 别再说跳绳比赛的事了 |
[04:54] | It was sixth grade, | 在我六年级的时候 |
[04:55] | and there was a jump rope competition. | 有个跳绳比赛 |
[04:58] | It was down to me and Barbara Briscoe. | 最后就剩下我和Barbara Briscoe的较量了 |
[05:00] | She had asthma, and it was dandelion season, | 她有哮喘病 而且那时正好是蒲公英花开的季节 |
[05:03] | and her eyes were swollen, and she was jumping blind, | 她眼睛都肿起来了 她就闭着眼睛跳 |
[05:07] | until… her mom… | 直到… 她妈妈… |
[05:10] | gave her antihistaminic shot… | 给她打了抗过敏药… |
[05:12] | which is technically a steroid… | 严格来说 这是种类固醇… |
[05:15] | and she was juiced! | 她就像吃了兴奋剂! |
[05:22] | So are you gonna be supportive or not? | 你会不会支持他? |
[05:25] | Yes, I will, | 是的 我会的 |
[05:28] | if you promise | 如果你保证 |
[05:30] | to never tell that story again. | 再也不说那个故事了 |
[05:40] | Was good? | 爽吗? |
[05:41] | Oh, if I had any government secrets, they’d be yours. | 如果我掌握着什么政府秘密 早就对你和盘托出了 |
[05:45] | Irina? I’m sorry. I need to get the laundry. | Irina? 抱歉 我得洗衣服了 |
[05:49] | Hold one second. | 等一下 |
[05:51] | I am yet to get decent. | 我还没穿好衣服 |
[05:58] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[05:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:01] | Huh. I thought I made that bed this morning. | 呃 我还以我今天早上铺过床了 |
[06:04] | Um, I, um, | 呃 我 呃 |
[06:06] | Take nap. | 打了个盹 |
[06:08] | Feel much better. | 感觉好多了 |
[06:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:17] | I’ll bet you do. | 那是肯定 |
[06:20] | Well… | 嗯… |
[06:22] | I will see you downstairs. | 我们楼下见 |
[06:28] | Man, that was close! | 天哪 好险啊! |
[06:30] | Aw, crap. | 哇 糟糕 |
[06:31] | Your father and I told you | 我和你爸爸告诉过你们 |
[06:33] | no sleeping together in this house, | 不能在这屋内同居 |
[06:35] | And here you are, openly defying us. | 而你们公然和我们对抗 |
[06:37] | – Well, not openly. We were hoping to get away with it. – That is not funny. | – 不是公然地 我们希望能侥幸不被发现 – 这不好笑 |
[06:41] | Your 11-year-old sister is in the next room. | 你的11岁的妹妹就住在隔壁 |
[06:44] | I don’t want you setting that kind of example. | 我不希望你们作出这样的榜样 |
[06:47] | Dude, look out. Mom’s back from the store. | 老弟 小心 妈妈已经从商店回来了 |
[06:53] | Oh. Uh, this is what I was looking for. | 哦 呃 我正找这个呢 |
[06:56] | I better get dressed. | 我得去穿衣服了 |
[06:58] | Preston! Preston, get back here! | Preston! Preston回来! |
[07:04] | I don’t want a repeat of this, Irina. | 我希望不会有下一次了 Irina |
[07:06] | Do you understand? | 你能理解吗? |
[07:09] | Why don’t you just speak truth? | 为什么不实话实说呢? |
[07:12] | I mean, if Preston was seeing another girl, | 如果跟Preston交往的是别的女孩 |
[07:15] | you would not much care. | 你就不会这样大惊小怪了 |
[07:18] | You just don’t like me. | 你只是不喜欢我 |
[07:20] | That… is not true. | 不… 不是那样的 |
[07:23] | I’m still getting to know you, | 我正在了解你 |
[07:25] | and I am sure that over time, | 而且我相信随着时间的推移 |
[07:28] | I will come to think of you as a valued member of our… | 我会把你当作我们家中的重要一员… |
[07:32] | Oh, here’s what I was looking for. | 哦 我正找这个呢 |
[07:38] | Well, you were right. | 嗯 你是对的 |
[07:41] | That was more refreshing than taking a nap. | 这比小睡更令人使人精神焕发 |
[07:44] | Mm, I told you. | 嗯 我说得没错吧 |
[07:49] | Uh, honey? | 呃 宝贝? |
[07:51] | Yeah? | 嗯? |
[07:52] | Don’t dress in front of the window. | 别在窗前换衣服 |
[07:53] | I’m afraid of what your body could to do Roy’s heart. | 我怕你的身体会让Roy想入非非 |
[07:56] | Whoops. | 哎哟 |
[07:59] | So, uh, did you ever call him back? | 那 呃 你给他回电话了吗? |
[08:01] | Yeah, this morning. Mrs. Mccluskey had her surgery, | 是的 今早 Mccluskey做完手术了 |
[08:04] | and apparently, she’s cancer-free, | 似乎她的癌症治好了 |
[08:06] | so Roy’s throwing a party to celebrate. | 所以Roy要举行一个庆祝派对 |
[08:08] | Oh, that’s so sweet. I hope you told him we’ll be there. | 哦 太甜蜜了 我希望你告诉他我们会一起去 |
[08:12] | Can we talk about that? | 就这事我们能谈谈不? |
[08:16] | I told him we’d go, | 我告诉他我们会去的 |
[08:17] | but I don’t think we should go… | 但我不希望我们… |
[08:20] | together. | 一起去 |
[08:22] | Hmm. What do you mean? | 嗯 你是什么意思? |
[08:23] | Well, it’s just… except for Susan, | 咽 除了… 除了Susan |
[08:25] | people don’t really know what’s going on with us. | 大家还不知道我们是怎么回事 |
[08:28] | Hey, you know what’s funny? | 嘿 你知道好笑的是什么吗? |
[08:30] | Neither do I. | 我也不知道 |
[08:32] | So… what is going on between us? | 那… 我们之间是什么关系? |
[08:36] | I mean, are we friends with benefits? | 我是说 我们是互取所需的朋友呢? |
[08:38] | Are we just dating? What? | 还是恋人? 或者别的什么? |
[08:44] | Do we have to put a label on it? | 非得定位我们的关系吗? |
[08:46] | No, I just… | 不 我只是… |
[08:49] | I just want to know how you’re feeling. | 我只是想知道你的感觉 |
[08:52] | I really like you. | 我真的喜欢你 |
[08:54] | That’s how I feel. | 那就是我的感觉 |
[08:56] | Can’t that be enough for now? | 现在满意了吗? |
[08:58] | It could be, | 也许吧 |
[09:00] | but it could also be pretty wonderful | 但如果能让大家知道 |
[09:03] | to let people know how happy we make each other. | 我们是幸福的一对 就更完美了 |
[09:06] | I… don’t know. | 我… 不知道 |
[09:09] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[09:11] | I was right about the nap. | 我对于小睡的看法很对吧 |
[09:18] | Hello, ladies! Hide the booze. | 女士们 大家好! 把酒收起来吧 |
[09:20] | – We have a guest. – Hey, Juanita. | – 我们有客人了 – 嗨 Juanita |
[09:22] | Okay, hit it. | 好了 开始吧 |
[09:24] | Hi. My name is Juanita Solis, and I’m in the third grade. | 嘿 我叫Juanita Solis 我上三年级了 |
[09:28] | You’re losing them. Get to the pitch. | 她们已经等不及了 直奔主题吧 |
[09:31] | “Won’t you support me?” | “你们会支持我吗?” |
[09:32] | “I am selling candy so I can stay in school | “我现在来卖巧克力 那我就能继续在学校上学 |
[09:34] | and not end up on the street selling drugs.” | 否则未来只能到街上卖毒品了.” |
[09:39] | I’ll take it from here. It’s a fund-raiser. | 我来开始吧 这是个募捐者 |
[09:42] | 3 bucks a bar. Whip out your wallets. | 三美元一条 打开你们的钱包吧 |
[09:44] | – Well, I’d hate to see Juanita on crack, so I’ll buy one. – Me, too. Do you have caramel? | – 好 我不想看到Juanita为难 我买一个 – 我也买一个 有焦糖味的吗? |
[09:48] | One lousy bar? | 就买一条? |
[09:49] | Ladies, it’s a contest. Juanita plans to win. | 女士们 这是场竞赛 Juanita要赢的 |
[09:53] | Come on. Need I remind you of all the crap I’ve bought | 来吧 要我提醒你们我从你们的孩子手里 |
[09:55] | from your kids over the years? And I do mean crap, | 买了多少次品了吗? 我指的次品 |
[09:58] | not like this quality processed sugar I am peddling today. | 可没有我今天卖的巧克力的品质那么好哦 |
[10:01] | Juanita, M.J. Is playing in the other room. | Juanita啊 M.J.正在隔壁屋里玩 |
[10:04] | Why don’t you go join him? | 去跟他一起玩吧? |
[10:06] | Here’s the thing… Um, before you got here, | 事情是这样的… 呃 在你来之前 |
[10:09] | Bree and Lynette agreed to buy eight bars from M.J. | Bree和Lynette已经同意从M.J.这儿买八条巧克力了 |
[10:13] | It’s okay. They can buy from Juanita, too. | 好的 她们也可以从Juanita这儿买 |
[10:16] | Well, it’s a little more complicated than that. | 嗯 情况有点复杂 |
[10:18] | See, um, M.J. Is having a bit of a self-esteem crisis lately, | 听我说 呃 M.J.最近自尊心受到的伤害 |
[10:23] | and, uh, he feels like he’s on a losing streak, | 呃 他一直觉得很失败 |
[10:25] | so I really, really need him to win this one. | 所以 这一次我真的 真的需要他赢 |
[10:29] | You understand, right? | 你能理解 对吗? |
[10:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:32] | – Thank you. – I understand. I just don’t care. | – 谢谢 – 我理解 但我不在乎 |
[10:35] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[10:37] | Juanita’s having a crisis of her own. | Juanita也处在紧要关头 |
[10:39] | She’s new to Oakridge, | 她刚到Oakridge私立学校 |
[10:40] | and she’s having trouble making new friends. | 她交不到新朋友 |
[10:42] | As you know, the winner gets a big party, | 你知道的 获胜者将会有一个盛大聚会 |
[10:44] | and they can invite whoever they want, | 他们可以随意邀请朋友参加 |
[10:45] | which could go a long way in helping her fit in. | 这可以帮她尽快融入新环境 |
[10:49] | You understand, right? | 你能理解 对吗? |
[10:51] | Sure. Of course. | 当然 |
[10:56] | It’s just, he’s never won anything before. | 只是 他从来没赢过任何比赛 |
[11:00] | She has no friends. | 她没有朋友 |
[11:05] | So… What are we doing? | 那… 我们要怎么做呢? |
[11:08] | Well, it seems to me if we buy the same amount | 嗯 看来如果我们从你们俩这里 |
[11:11] | from both of you, it’ll just be a wash, right? | 买同样数量的巧克力也没什么用处 对吧? |
[11:13] | So really, we don’t need to buy any at all. | 所以 我们也不必买了 |
[11:20] | Get out your wallet. | 掏钱包吧 |
[11:26] | I was so shocked to hear you had lung cancer. | 听到你得癌症的消息 真让我吃惊 |
[11:29] | I didn’t even know you smoked. | 我都不知道你抽烟 |
[11:30] | I didn’t. That’s the thing. | 我不抽烟 事情就是这样 |
[11:33] | People think you have to be a smoker to get it, | 大家总是觉得抽烟才会得这个病 |
[11:35] | but you don’t. A girl your age was | 其实不吸烟也会 有一个跟你差不多年纪的女孩 |
[11:37] | having the same surgery I had, never smoked a day in her life. | 从不抽烟 也跟我做了一样的手术 |
[11:40] | You could be that girl, Gaby. | 这事也可能发生在你身上 Gaby |
[11:45] | Let’s get a drink, | 既然我们迟早要死 |
[11:46] | you know, since we’re dying anyway. | 尽情畅饮吧 |
[11:50] | Now remember, we’re not a couple. | 记住 我们不是一对 |
[11:53] | – I know. We’re on a covert lesbian mission. – I’m sorry. | – 我知道 我们得掩饰拉拉的身份 – 对不起 |
[11:56] | I just want people not to figure out we’re together. | 我只是不想让大家发现我们在一起 |
[11:58] | It’ll blow their minds. | 他们会觉得匪夷所思的 |
[12:00] | Oh, please. You stabbed yourself and blamed Mike, | 哦 拜托 你曾经刺伤自己而嫁祸给Mike |
[12:03] | and this will blow their minds? | 这事还会让他们大惊小怪? |
[12:05] | Hey, ladies. | 嘿 女士们 |
[12:06] | Hi, Tom. Having fun? | 嘿 Tom 开心吗? |
[12:08] | Best cancer party ever. | 史上最棒的癌症聚会 |
[12:10] | Listen, um, I was talking to Karen’s doctor. | 听我说 我跟Karen的医生谈过了 |
[12:14] | Uh, you made quite the impression on him. | 呃 他对你印象深刻 |
[12:17] | – Me? – Yeah. He begged me to introduce you. | – 我? – 是的 他求我帮忙引见 |
[12:20] | D… d… do you mind? | 你… 你介意吗? |
[12:22] | Why would I? | 怎么会呢? |
[12:23] | We’re only roommates. | 我们只是室友 |
[12:27] | And here’s your change. Enjoy. | 找回钱给你 玩得开心 |
[12:29] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[12:30] | Willy Wonka! | 巧克力狂人! |
[12:32] | Selling candy at an “I survived cancer” party? | 你居然在”我战胜癌症”的聚会上卖巧克力? |
[12:35] | Tacky. | 太不应该了 |
[12:36] | Chocolate is filled with antioxidants, | 巧克力富含抗氧化剂 |
[12:38] | which, as we all know, fight disease. | 众所周知的可以防治疾病 |
[12:41] | So you could say that I just saved a life. | 所以你可以说我挽救了生命 |
[12:44] | Yeah, right. The competition is between the kids. | 没错 好吧 这是孩子们的竞争 |
[12:46] | They’re supposed to be doing the selling, not the parents. | 该由他们来卖 而不是家长 |
[12:49] | Gaby, Speedo Season is a month away, | Gaby 距离泳衣时装周还有一个月 |
[12:52] | and you have the nerve to sell this to my husband? | 你竟敢把这个卖给我丈夫? |
[13:01] | He was a doctor. She was a surgeon. | 他是名医生 而她是外科医生 |
[13:03] | – Oh. – Yeah. | – 哦 – 是啊 |
[13:05] | I always knew I’d go to med school, | 我一直都知道自己应该学医 |
[13:07] | you know, that incredible feeling of helping people. | 能帮助他人的感觉实在太棒了 |
[13:10] | Plus, they give you that little pad, | 还有 他们给你小册子 |
[13:11] | and you can write any prescription you want. | 你能随意写处方 |
[13:14] | Beautiful and laughs at my jokes. | 你既漂亮 又听得懂我的笑容 |
[13:16] | Two more cocktails, and I may be proposing. | 再喝多两杯鸡尾酒 或许我都要求婚了 |
[13:19] | Hi. Sorry to interrupt. | 嗨 抱歉打扰一下 |
[13:21] | – Uh, can I talk to you for a minute? – Will you excuse me, David? | – 能和你聊一会吗? – 允许我失陪一下 David? |
[13:25] | And she never smoked a day in her life. | 她这一生从没吸过烟 |
[13:28] | You could be that girl, Lee. | 或许你会成为那女孩的 Lee |
[13:32] | Look, it’s one thing to hide our relationship. | 听着 只有一件事能隐藏我们的关系 |
[13:34] | – It’s another to flirt with a man right in my face. – I wasn’t flirting. He was flirting with me. | – 就是当着我的面跟男人打情骂俏 – 我没跟他调情 是他在跟我调情 |
[13:39] | I saw your face. | 我看到你表情了 |
[13:40] | – You were enjoying it. – Okay. | – 你乐在其中 – 好吧 |
[13:42] | Hey, listen up, everyone. | 嘿 听好了 各位 |
[13:44] | I… I just want to thank you all for coming | 我… 我想感谢大家的到来 |
[13:45] | – and to say to Karen, thank God you’re all right, baby. – Ah. | – 还有就是对Karen说 感谢上帝 宝贝你没事 – 哦 |
[13:51] | Thanks, everybody. | 感谢各位 |
[13:53] | And I also want to thank the big guy upstairs. | 我也要感谢楼上的那位 |
[13:56] | Now if we could all take a moment | 现在让我们来花些时间 |
[13:57] | to remember the people who weren’t as lucky as I was. | 来缅怀一下不及我幸运的人们吧 |
[14:03] | Make up your mind, Katherine. Are you gay or straight? | 想清楚吧 Katherine 你是同性恋还是异性恋? |
[14:05] | I don’t know! Just because I enjoy having sex with you | 不知道 仅仅因为我喜欢和你做爱 |
[14:08] | doesn’t make me a lesbian! | 并不意味我就是同性恋! |
[14:16] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[14:18] | I wonder what Rex would say if he saw us here all together. | 我想知道要是Rex看到我们坐在 一起会说什么 |
[14:21] | Probably “Who’s the guy in the wheelchair?” | 可能说 “坐轮椅那家伙是谁啊?” |
[14:25] | So, Sam, Mom tells me you got some fancy degree? | 那么 Sam 妈妈告诉我你有很高的学历? |
[14:28] | His MBA, which he earned while working two jobs | 他的工商管理学硕士 是他同时兼职两份打工 |
[14:31] | – and nursing his sick mother. – I just did what I had to do. | – 并且照顾他生病的母亲的时候获得的 – 这是我应该做的 |
[14:34] | Don’t be so modest. He also spent a summer in Micronesia, | 别那么谦虚 他还整个夏天在密克罗尼西亚 |
[14:37] | helping to dig wells. | 帮助挖井 |
[14:39] | – It was challenging, but I really wanted to work with the poor. – Sounds like my first job. | – 那很有挑战性 但我真想为贫困地区做点事 – 听起来像是我的首份工作 |
[14:44] | – You worked in the food court at the mall. – The outlet mall. | – 你在商场美食街工作 – 特价商品购物中心 |
[14:48] | Trust me. I know what it’s like to work with poor people. | 相信我 我知道与穷人共事是什么滋味 |
[14:51] | They’re always late. | 他们总是迟到 |
[14:53] | Rex and I always hoped the children would take | Rex和我总希望孩子们 |
[14:55] | an interest in working with those less fortunate, but… | 有兴趣为这些贫困的 但… |
[14:58] | We saw an opportunity to disappoint them once again, | 我们一旦看到能让他们俩失望的机会 |
[15:01] | and we grabbed it. | 我们就抓准时机 |
[15:04] | So… | 那么… |
[15:06] | My father was interested in charity work. | 我父亲对慈善事业感兴趣 |
[15:08] | – What else? – Oh, so many things… | – 还有什么? – 哦 还有很多事呢… |
[15:10] | Travel, history, the arts. | 旅游 历史 艺术 |
[15:13] | Oh, he especially loved music. | 哦 他最爱的可是音乐了 |
[15:15] | Really? Me, too. | 真的? 我也是 |
[15:17] | I play the guitar. | 我会弹吉他 |
[15:18] | You do? Stay right there. | 你会? 在这等会儿 |
[15:41] | That was lovely. | 太动听了 |
[15:43] | – I’m really rusty. – Yeah, I could hear that. | – 我都有些生疏了 – 是啊 我听出来了 |
[15:46] | This is pretty cool. | 这真是棒极了 |
[15:47] | I’m actually playing my dad’s guitar. | 我竟然能弹我父亲的吉他 |
[15:50] | It’s just been sitting in that closet for years, | 它在壁橱里放了几年了 |
[15:52] | gathering dust. | 都积满灰尘了 |
[15:54] | In fact, why don’t you keep it? | 说真的 不如由来你保管吧? |
[15:56] | – What? – What? | – 什么? – 什么? |
[15:57] | Why not? You should have something | 为什么不? 你应该拥有一些可以 |
[15:59] | – to remember your father by. – Whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. What if I want it? | – 怀念你父亲的东西 – 哇哦 等会 如果我需要呢? |
[16:03] | What if Danielle wants it? | 要是Danielle需要呢? |
[16:05] | – I don’t want it. – Don’t you have a flight to catch? | – 我不要 – 你不是要赶飞机吗? |
[16:08] | Andrew, you’ve never shown any interest in that thing. | Andrew 你对这个又不感兴趣 |
[16:10] | – It’s my dad’s guitar. I’m plenty interested. – But you don’t even play. | – 是我父亲的吉他 我也感兴趣 – 你都不会弹 |
[16:14] | I do so. | 我会 |
[16:16] | I took lessons, okay? | 我上过课 好吧? |
[16:19] | Well, by all means… | 好吧 既然如此… |
[16:22] | We’d love to hear. | 洗耳恭听 |
[16:30] | # Jingle bells # | # 叮叮当 # |
[16:32] | # Jingle bell… # | # 叮叮当… # |
[16:34] | # Jingle # | # 叮叮当 # |
[16:37] | # All the… # | # 铃儿… # |
[16:39] | # Way # | # 满街响 # |
[16:41] | # Oh, what fun # | # 太有趣了 # |
[16:43] | What fun indeed. Now would you please give Sam the guitar? | 实在是太有趣了 现在你能把吉他给Sam吗? |
[16:47] | No. | 不 |
[16:49] | – If Andrew wants it that badly… – He doesn’t care about the guitar. | – 如果Andrew这么想要… – 他根本就不在意吉他 |
[16:52] | – He’s just being unreasonable. – You’re giving out my dad’s stuff to a total stranger, | – 他只是不可理喻 – 你要把爸爸的东西给陌生人 |
[16:57] | and I… I’m unreasonable? | 是我… 我不可理喻吗? |
[16:58] | Sam is a member of this family. Now give him the guitar. | Sam是我们家的一分子 现在把吉他给他 |
[17:01] | Hey, I’ve got an idea. Why don’t we split it? | 嘿 我有个主意 不如把它分了? |
[17:19] | I must apologize. | 请允许我道歉 |
[17:21] | My presence here is clearly causing unhappiness. | 显然我的出席导致了不快 |
[17:24] | – I think I should go. – No need to apologize. | – 我想我该走了 – 你根本不需要道歉 |
[17:27] | You have behaved with the utmost dignity | 面对这出乎意料的无礼 |
[17:29] | in the face of unthinkable rudeness. | 你表现出了极大的风度 |
[17:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:36] | Yeah, I know. | 好啊 我明白 |
[17:38] | He’s the perfect son. | 他是完美的儿子 |
[17:40] | Problem is, he’s not yours. | 问题是 他不是你所生 |
[17:51] | So… we talking yet? | 那么… 我们能谈谈了? |
[18:02] | Jeez, Ange! What the hell? | 天啊 Ange! 搞什么鬼? |
[18:05] | I’m getting bored of the silent treatment, | 我已经厌倦了冷战 |
[18:07] | so you might as well shoot me. | 你还是杀了我吧 |
[18:13] | – You had no right to tell her. – I know my mom, Nick. There was no other way | – 你没权利告诉她 – 我了解我妈妈 Nick 没有别的办法 |
[18:16] | she was letting go of Danny. So are we over this? | 能她放开Danny 能让这事就此了结吗? |
[18:19] | – Because if not, I would really prefer a bullet in my head. – It used to be just you, me and Patrick knew. | – 如果不能 你一枪爆掉我的脑袋吧 – 以前只有你 我和Patrick知道 |
[18:25] | Now your mom. What if he finds out? | 现在你妈妈也知道了 如果他发现了怎么办? |
[18:27] | – She is not gonna tell him. – Ange, I love that boy. | – 她不会告诉他的 – Ange 我爱那孩子 |
[18:31] | I was the one in the delivery room. | 是我在产房看着他出生 |
[18:33] | I was the first one to hold him, even before you. | 我是第一个抱他的人 比你还早 |
[18:36] | – I know. – I cannot let him find out from somebody else. | – 我知道 – 我不能让他从别人口中得知 |
[18:39] | I have got to tell him. | 我得亲自告诉他 |
[18:40] | No. You are his father. | 不 你是她的父亲 |
[18:43] | You gave up your life to protect him. | 你舍命来保护他 |
[18:46] | You’re the only father he needs to know about. | 他知道有你这父亲就够了 |
[18:54] | Yeah, maybe you’re right. It’s… | 好吧 也许你是对的 这… |
[18:58] | Now please get this the hell out of here, huh, | 现在拜托你在有人受伤前 |
[19:01] | before someone gets hurt? | 能把这拿开吗? |
[19:06] | I mean, I didn’t think you’d do it, but I’m not stupid. | 我想你不会这么做 当然我也不傻 |
[19:15] | Hello? | 喂? |
[19:16] | It’s Patrick Logan. Just got into town. | 我是Patrick Logan 刚到镇上 |
[19:18] | I was hoping to drop by, you know, for the information? | 我想过来 你知道的 为了那则消息? |
[19:23] | How about tomorrow night? | 明晚如何? |
[19:26] | See you then. | 到时见 |
[19:27] | Oh, and I’ve got a case of selective Alzheimer’s, | 哦 我患了选择性老年痴呆 |
[19:30] | so don’t forget the cash. | 别忘了那笔钱 |
[19:37] | Hey, Tina. | 嘿 Tina |
[19:38] | It’s Susan Bremer. | 我是Susan Bremer |
[19:39] | I know. It’s been a long time, not since graduation. | 我知道是有段时间了 不仅仅是毕业之后 |
[19:43] | So, listen, | 那么 听着 |
[19:43] | do you remember the night that you got caught streaking, | 你还记得你那晚裸奔 |
[19:46] | and I had to bail you out of jail, | 我保释你出狱 |
[19:48] | and you said you owed me one? | 你说你欠我个人情吗? |
[19:50] | Well, I hope you like chocolate. | 好吧 希望你喜欢巧克力 |
[19:55] | Is that Mrs. Solis? | 那是Solis太太吗? |
[20:03] | Tina, I’m gonna have to call you back. | Tina 我晚点给你电话 |
[20:05] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[20:09] | Is she selling candy? | 她在卖巧克力吗? |
[20:11] | Among other things. | 同时在兜售其他的呢 |
[20:13] | I’m gonna lose this contest, aren’t I? | 我会输掉这场竞争 是吗? |
[20:16] | No. You’re gonna win, | 不 你会赢 |
[20:19] | ’cause mommy’s done playing fair. | 因为我决定要不择手段 |
[20:24] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:26] | Uh, Irina and I were talking, | Irina和我谈过了 |
[20:28] | and we feel really bad about yesterday. | 我们对昨天的事感到抱歉 |
[20:30] | Look, uh, we don’t wanna come down too hard on you guys. | 听着 我们并不想对你们有过多限制 |
[20:34] | We’re just not comfortable | 我们只是对于 |
[20:35] | having a couple of unmarried kids | 未婚孩子在我们家 |
[20:38] | sleeping together in our house. You understand. | 睡一起感到不太自在 你理解的 |
[20:41] | Oh, yes. That is why Preston must tell you something now. | 哦 是的 所以Preston有些事情想告诉你 |
[20:45] | Irina and I have decided to get our own apartment. | Irina和我决定买套我们自己的公寓 |
[20:49] | – What? – That way it’ll be our place, and we can do whatever we want. | – 什么? – 那样我们就有地方 可以随心所欲了 |
[20:52] | – No. No, no, no. – We’re getting married in six months anyway. Why not? | – 不 不 不行 – 无论如何我们六个月后就结婚了 为什么不行? |
[20:56] | Why not? | 为什么不行? |
[20:59] | Lynette, you wanna take this one? | Lynette 你同意吗? |
[21:02] | I think it’s a terrific idea. | 我觉得这主意棒极了 |
[21:06] | They’re not kids anymore. | 他们不再是孩子了 |
[21:08] | They’re old enough to make this decision. | 他们完全能自己做决定了 |
[21:10] | Thank you, Lynette. It’s good to know we have your support. | 谢谢 Lynette 你能支持我们真是太好了 |
[21:16] | – See you later. – Okay. | – 一会见 – 好吧 |
[21:19] | Have fun. | 过的愉快 |
[21:21] | What are you doing? We’re… we’re supposed to pull ’em apart, | 你在干什么? 我们… 我们想让他们分手 |
[21:24] | not push ’em together. | 不是让他们结合 |
[21:25] | Do you remember that apartment we moved into | 你还记得存钱买这房子之前 |
[21:27] | when we were saving for this house? | 我们住过的那公寓吗? |
[21:30] | That dump? Yeah. It was the size of a closet. | 那鬼地方? 只有橱柜那么大 |
[21:32] | Uh-huh. You remember how we treated each other? | 啊哈 你还记得我们如何对待彼此的吗? |
[21:34] | I remember a lot of yelling and throwing stuff. | 我记得我们总是大吵大闹 还砸东西 |
[21:38] | God, there were a few times I was afraid that we were gonna… | 天啊 有几次我真害怕我们会… |
[21:41] | Break up? | 分手? |
[21:46] | – Lynette? – Mm-hmm. | – Lynette? – 嗯哼 |
[21:48] | You are devious and evil, | 你可真是诡计多端 |
[21:50] | and I have never been more in love with you! | 我真是爱死你了! |
[21:54] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[21:57] | Susan Delfino, you are so busted! | Susan Delfino 你真龌龊! |
[21:59] | Gaby, what are you doing here? | Gaby 你在这干嘛? |
[22:01] | Alice Gibson told me what you were up to, | Alice Gibson告诉我你干的好事 |
[22:02] | – but I couldn’t believe you would sink so low. – I don’t know what you’re talking about. | – 但我没想到你会堕落到这个地步 – 我不知道你在说什么 |
[22:08] | Okay, folks. Uh, we’re on a break. | 好了 各位 我们歇一会 |
[22:10] | Somebody’s gotta take their meds. | 有人到时间吃药了 |
[22:11] | No, not yet! Not yet! | 不 别起来! 别起来! |
[22:13] | Will you stop at nothing to win this competition? | 你就这么不择手段 想赢得比赛吗? |
[22:15] | Oh, that’s funny, coming from you. | 哦 太有趣了 我可是跟你学的 |
[22:18] | Me? I have nothing to be ashamed of. | 我? 我问心无愧 |
[22:20] | Well, let me jog your memory… | 好啊 让我提醒你一下… |
[22:21] | Construction site, cold wind, no bra. | 建筑工地 寒风 没穿胸罩 |
[22:25] | Oh, you saw that. | 哦 你看到了 |
[22:26] | Oh, yeah. Did I not tell you how important this was to M.J.? | 哦 是啊 还记得我跟你说过这对M.J.有多重要? |
[22:30] | Yes, and I told you about Juanita. | 没错 我也告诉过你对于Juanita也很重要 |
[22:32] | But apparently, your son’s problems are more important | 显然 你儿子的问题 |
[22:34] | – than anybody else’s. – That is not what I’m saying. | – 比其他人都重要 – 我不是这意思 |
[22:36] | Whatever. We are done here. | 无论如何 我们等着瞧 |
[22:38] | Ooh. And just so you know, I am taking the gloves off. | 哦 我要你知道 我绝不会对你手软 |
[22:42] | Well, why not? You’ve taken off everything else. | 好啊 为什么不呢? 你顺带把别的也脱了嘛 |
[22:46] | Candy for sale! | 卖糖果了! |
[22:48] | Help a young boy walk again. | 帮帮这孩子重新行走吧 |
[22:55] | Hi, Katherine. | 嗨 Katherine |
[22:58] | I haven’t seen you since the party. How you doing? | 自从那派对我就没见过你了 你还好吗? |
[23:00] | Still humiliated. Thanks for asking. | 还是很丢脸 感谢你的问候 |
[23:03] | Oh, come on. It wasn’t that bad. | 哦 得了吧 没那么糟糕 |
[23:07] | My sex life was laid bare for the entire neighborhood. | 整个社区都知道我的性生活了 |
[23:11] | What could be worse? | 还有什么比这糟糕? |
[23:13] | Let’s see. You could have thrown a party | 让我想想 你办了个派对 |
[23:15] | to celebrate getting over cancer | 来庆贺战胜了癌症 |
[23:17] | and had a couple of lesbians steal your thunder. | 却被一对拉拉抢走了你的风头 这事更糟糕吧 |
[23:20] | Sorry about that. | 对那事我很抱歉 |
[23:22] | But it’s not funny, | 但并不有趣 |
[23:23] | knowing everyone is out there judging me. | 要知道到场的每个人都谈论我 |
[23:26] | Let me ask you somethin’. | 让我问你点事情 |
[23:29] | Do you really like this girl? | 你真喜欢那女孩吗? |
[23:31] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[23:35] | I think I might. | 我想可能吧 |
[23:37] | Then why do you give a damn what anyone else thinks? | 那你为什么要在意其他人的想法呢? |
[23:41] | People just stopped seeing me as the crazy lady on the street. | 人们停下来看我 就像看街上有个疯女人 |
[23:43] | I’m not ready for them to start seeing me | 我还没准备好让他们把我 |
[23:45] | as the middle-aged lesbian, okay? | 当中年的拉拉看待 行吗? |
[23:47] | Well, if you care that much about what people think, | 好吧 如果你那么在意人们的想法 |
[23:50] | you’ve got two choices… | 你只有两个选择… |
[23:52] | Dump the girl or move someplace where people don’t gossip, | 跟那女孩发手 或者搬到没有流言蜚语的地方去 |
[23:56] | If such a place exists. | 如果真有那种地方 |
[23:59] | It’s not much of a choice. | 看来别无它选 |
[24:01] | That’s what I’m trying to tell you. | 这正是我想表达的 |
[24:05] | Oh. I get it. | 哦 我明白了 |
[24:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:10] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Break it up. | 哇哦 哇哦 哇哦 快放开我 |
[24:12] | This is how rumors get started. | 流言就是这样开始的 |
[24:20] | Mmm! What smells so good? | 嗯 什么味道那么香? |
[24:22] | – That’s borscht. – Borscht! | – 是罗宋汤 – 罗宋汤! |
[24:24] | Irina is making dinner. | Irina在做晚饭 |
[24:26] | You kids have been so busy looking for your apartment, | 你们那么急于找自己的公寓 |
[24:29] | – we’ve hardly seen you the last couple of days. – Yeah. You find something you like? | – 我们最近都很少见到你们呢 – 是啊 你找到喜欢的了吗? |
[24:32] | Put down a deposit on a place yesterday. | 昨天给一个地方付定金了 |
[24:34] | Well, ha ha! | 好啊 哈哈! |
[24:37] | Don’t be freaked out about the size. | 别为房子大小烦恼 |
[24:39] | You two will have so much fun… | 你们会有很多乐趣的… |
[24:42] | That you won’t even notice how small it is. | 这样你们都不会注意房子的大小了 |
[24:44] | It’s not small. Three bedrooms and a balcony. | 一点都不小 三间卧室 一个阳台 |
[24:48] | How are you going to afford a 3-bedroom apartment | 你要上大学 那你怎么负担得起 |
[24:51] | while you’re going to college? | 这三室公寓? |
[24:53] | You tell them. I serve borscht. | 你告诉他们 我去做罗宋汤 |
[24:56] | Tell us what? | 告诉我们什么? |
[24:57] | Well, you’re right. | 好吧 你说对了 |
[24:58] | We can’t afford anything nice on our budget, | 我们的预算确实负担不了 |
[25:00] | so I’m gonna put off college and get a job. | 所以我打算辍学 找一份工作 |
[25:06] | Say… something! | 说… 说话啊! |
[25:09] | Are you sure you thought this thing through? | 你确定你已经深思熟虑了? |
[25:11] | Because, you know, you need to have a college education | 因为 你得有大学文凭 |
[25:13] | – to get a good job. – I already got a good job. | – 才能得到一份好工作 – 我已经得到一份好工作了 |
[25:16] | – You did? Where? – The meatpacking plant. I’m a gutter. | – 你有了? 哪儿? – 肉类加工厂 我是肠子清理工 |
[25:20] | A gutter? | 肠子清理工? |
[25:22] | – Well, I’m the guy who scoops out all the… – God, yeah, yeah! I know what it is. | – 是啊 我负责挖出所有… – 天啊 老天! 我知道是什么 |
[25:25] | Well, did you know I get paid 14 bucks an hour, | 好吧 你知道吗 我时薪是14美元 |
[25:27] | – plus benefits? – Seriously? What, is it a union job? | – 还有福利 – 真的? 什么 是工会工作吗? |
[25:31] | Those jobs are hard to get. Huh. | 那些工作可不容易获得 哈 |
[25:33] | – You’ll probably get a discount on steaks, too. – Your son just announced that he’s giving up college | – 牛肉肯定也有折扣吧 – 你儿子刚宣布他要辍学 |
[25:38] | so he can be the guy in charge of guts, | 当那个负责肠子的人 |
[25:40] | and all you can say is, “Oh, boy. Free meat”? | 你却说 “哦 孩子 免费肉?” |
[25:42] | This is good job. The money is a lot. What is problem? | 这是份好工作 挣很多钱 有什么问题吗? |
[25:46] | Maybe in Russia, it’s every mother’s dream | 也许在俄罗斯 每个母亲梦想着 |
[25:50] | for her son to see what the inside of a cow looks like, | 让自己的儿子看看奶牛的内部结构 |
[25:53] | – but not in my home! – Lynette, calm down. | – 但不是我家! – Lynette 冷静点 |
[25:54] | You could be a doctor! You could be a lawyer! | 你能当医生! 能当律师! |
[25:57] | – Why are you so intent on throwing your life away? – Mom… | – 为何你非要放弃自己前程呢? – 妈妈… |
[26:00] | He is going to support his wife. | 他打算赚钱养老婆 |
[26:04] | That is what men do for women they love. | 男人都会这样对待自己心爱的女人 |
[26:06] | He’s not in love! | 他这算哪门子的爱! |
[26:08] | He’s blinded by a piece of self-serving Euro trash | 他只不是被一个 自私地可以为了一条名牌牛仔裤 |
[26:12] | who would sell her own mother for a pair of designer jeans! | 连自己的母亲都卖掉的欧洲贱货 蒙蔽了双眼! |
[26:16] | Aah! | 啊! |
[26:38] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[26:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:41] | – What’s with the bike? – Eddie thinks he can get me | – 怎么在捣鼓自行车? – Eddie说他能帮我在咖啡屋 |
[26:43] | a couple of shifts down at the coffee shop. | 找一份送外卖的工作 |
[26:45] | And since you guys are too cheap to buy me a car… | 但我们家穷得买不起汽车给我… |
[26:49] | Your first job. | 你的第一份工作 |
[26:51] | Hey, look at you. | 嘿 瞧瞧你 |
[26:53] | – Mm. – Mm-hmm. | – 嗯 – 嗯哼 |
[26:56] | What happened to my little boy? | 我的小男孩怎么了? |
[26:57] | I grew up. That’s kinda the way it works. | 我长大了 就是这样 |
[27:00] | No, I know. I know. It’s just… | 我知道 只是… |
[27:03] | God. | 天啊 |
[27:05] | You never think it’s gonna go as fast as it does. | 只是从未想过时间过得这么快 |
[27:07] | You… You’re so busy just getting through the day. | 人啊… 为了生活 每日疲于奔命 |
[27:09] | You don’t realize they’re, uh, | 你从没有意识到 自己的孩子 |
[27:11] | starting to add up. | 也随之长大 |
[27:17] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[27:19] | – What? What do you mean? – Mm, you got that look | – 什么? 你说什么呢? – 你脸上的表情 |
[27:20] | that says… “I got somethin’ to tell you, | 你一副”我有些事情想告诉你… |
[27:22] | – And it ain’t gon’ be pretty.” – Yeah, well, you know me, right? | – 但这不是什么好事”的模样 – 是啊 你真了解我 对吧? |
[27:27] | Of course I do. You’re my dad. | 当然 知父莫若子 |
[27:35] | So what’s up? | 怎么了? |
[27:40] | You’re right. I am your dad. | 你说得对 我是你爸爸 |
[27:44] | Huh? | 啊? |
[27:47] | No. Forget about it. | 没什么 |
[27:50] | Work on your bike. | 你修自行车去吧 |
[27:53] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[27:56] | Congrats on the job. | 恭喜你有工作了 |
[28:06] | Who is it? | 请问哪位? |
[28:07] | Patrick Logan. | 我是Patrick Logan |
[28:14] | Hope you like roses. | 希望你喜欢玫瑰花 |
[28:22] | I’m sorry I couldn’t get an address or anything. | 抱歉我问不到地址或者别的 |
[28:25] | – You got me everything I needed. – Good. | – 你给的消息已经足够了 – 那就好 |
[28:28] | So… Then I guess… | 那么… 我想… |
[28:33] | Ah. | 啊 |
[28:35] | Of course. | 当然啦 |
[28:44] | I know you… | 我知道… |
[28:46] | been looking for Angie for a long time, | 你已经找Angie找了很长一段时间 |
[28:47] | but, uh, there’s not gonna be any trouble, right? | 但是 你应该不是找她的麻烦 对吧? |
[28:51] | Trouble? | 找她麻烦? |
[28:52] | Well, you’re not gonna, like, hurt her or anything? | 呃 你不会想着去伤害她或是怎么的吧? |
[28:55] | She took something of mine. I want it back. | 她拿走了属于我的东西 我要拿回来 |
[29:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:02] | I… it’s just… I like rose, | 这只是… 我喜欢玫瑰花 |
[29:05] | and I don’t ever want to hear | 我不希望听到有什么惨剧 |
[29:07] | that something bad’s happened to her kid. | 发生在她孩子身上 |
[29:12] | You should get that money to the bank. | 你应该把钱存进银行 |
[29:15] | This place doesn’t seem very safe to me. | 这地方看起来不太安全 |
[29:18] | What are you talking about? Look at all those locks. | 你说什么呢? 你瞧瞧这些牢靠的锁 |
[29:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[29:22] | But what if someone were to come up this fire escape? | 但要是有人从这防火梯爬上来呢? |
[29:25] | Oh, that window’s always locked. | 哦 这窗子一向是锁着的 |
[29:29] | You think that’s gonna stop them? | 你以为这就有用? |
[29:39] | What are you doing?! | 你想干什么?! |
[29:41] | Then they reach through, | 他们从这里爬进来 |
[29:43] | unlock the window… | 打开窗子… |
[29:48] | and now you’re in trouble. | 现在 你有麻烦了 |
[29:55] | May I speak to you? | 可以跟你聊聊吗? |
[29:57] | How will this conversation end? With beef stroganoff on my head? | 这次对话又会以什么方式结束? 把俄式牛柳丝倒在我的头上? |
[30:00] | I am sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[30:02] | Please to forgive. | 请原谅 |
[30:03] | I want us to be friends. | 希望我们能成为朋友 |
[30:06] | Really? | 真的? |
[30:07] | Think how hard it is for Preston, | 你想想Preston有多为难 |
[30:09] | caught in the middle between our fighting, | 夹在我们之间的争吵当中 |
[30:12] | when he wants us to love each other only. | 他只是希望我们能够喜欢彼此 |
[30:15] | Yes? | 对吧? |
[30:17] | I don’t want to put Preston in the middle, | 我也不想让Preston为难 |
[30:19] | but I am his mother, | 但我是他母亲 |
[30:20] | – and I will fight for his best interests till the day I die. – You mean you will fight me. | – 我会一直为他的利益而战斗至死 – 你的意思是你会跟我抗争到底 |
[30:26] | Yeah. You understand English just fine. | 是的 你的英语不错嘛 |
[30:30] | Now you should understand. | 但是你要明白 |
[30:33] | I told Preston I want to move up wedding to next week, | 我告诉Preston 希望能把我们的婚礼提前到下个礼拜 |
[30:37] | and he said yes. | 他答应了 |
[30:38] | Next week? The wedding is not for another six months. | 下个星期? 不是说好六个月后再结婚的嘛 |
[30:42] | We cannot wait that long. | 我们迫不及待了 |
[30:44] | It is too hard for Preston to choose | 要让Preston在母亲与女友之间 |
[30:46] | between a mother and a girlfriend, | 做选择是有点儿困难 |
[30:48] | so once I am his wife, choice will be much easier. | 所以只要我成为他的妻子 那么抉择就容易多了 |
[30:52] | No. No, you can’t do this. | 不 你不能这样做 |
[30:55] | You met each other six weeks ago. | 你们六个星期前才认识 |
[30:57] | Preston barely knows you. | Preston还不怎么了解你 |
[30:59] | But you do, yes? | 但你了解 对吧? |
[31:01] | You think you know all about me, | 你认为在那么短的时间里 |
[31:03] | and in much less time than that. | 你就对我�t如指掌 |
[31:09] | There. | 来 |
[31:11] | From one Mrs. Scavo to another. | 一位Scavo太太亲吻另一位Scavo太太 |
[31:18] | I found some of your father’s old yearbooks up in the attic. | 我在阁楼找到了几本你爸爸的毕业纪念册 |
[31:21] | I thought you might enjoy looking at them. | 我想你应该很有兴趣看看 |
[31:24] | He played football? | 他会打橄榄球? |
[31:26] | Yes, and he was student body president. | 对 而且他还是全校学生代表 |
[31:29] | So what else can you tell me about him? | 你还能跟我谈谈更多关于他情况吗? |
[31:31] | Even my mom didn’t really know him that well. | 就连我妈也不太清楚他的事 |
[31:36] | He was, um, | 他啊 |
[31:37] | incredibly smart, | 绝顶聪明 |
[31:40] | funny… | 很风趣… |
[31:43] | and so graceful. | 而且很有风度 |
[31:48] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[31:51] | I just never get to talk about Rex anymore. | 我对Rex早已绝口不提了 |
[31:54] | Since I remarried, it just doesn’t seem appropriate. | 自我二婚以后 再谈及他就不适合了 |
[31:58] | I hadn’t realized… | 我从没意识到… |
[32:02] | how much I miss him. | 我是如此怀念他 |
[32:05] | Well, you can talk to me about him | 只要你愿意 你随时都可以跟我 |
[32:08] | anytime you want. | 聊聊关于他的事 |
[32:11] | You have his smile. | 你的笑容跟他如出一辙 |
[32:25] | What are you doing out here? | 你在这儿干嘛? |
[32:27] | Uh, mostly kicking myself. | 呃 在反省自己 |
[32:30] | I can’t believe how I acted at dinner. | 我在晚餐的时候的举动 自己都难以置信 |
[32:33] | Well, it was a fraught situation. | 那情形太让人郁闷 |
[32:36] | There was bound to be some sort of scene. | 出现些意外的举动 也不足为奇 |
[32:38] | Look, I… I know he’s my brother, | 我… 我知道他是我哥哥 |
[32:40] | And I know I should try to like him, | 我知道我应该试着去喜欢他 |
[32:42] | but there’s… | 只是有些… |
[32:44] | there’s something about him I just don’t trust. | 我不太相信他所说的一些事情 |
[32:48] | – Hmm. I know what you mean. – You do? | – 嗯 我明白你的意思 – 你明白? |
[32:51] | He’s trying awfully hard to get close to Bree. | 他很努力地想接近Bree |
[32:54] | I, for one, would like to know why. | 我也想知道原因 |
[32:57] | You think he has an agenda? | 你认为他别有用心? |
[32:59] | We all have agendas, Andrew. | Andrew 我们都有自己的心思 |
[33:01] | Mine is to protect your mother. | 而我的 则是保护你妈妈 |
[33:04] | And what do we really know about Sam? | 关于Sam 我们都了解些什么? |
[33:07] | Just the stuff he tells us. | 只知道他说的那些情况 |
[33:09] | Hmm. It seems a bit too good to be true, doesn’t it? | 嗯 似乎好得有点儿假 对吧? |
[33:14] | Maybe… My agenda should be | 或许… 我的心思应该是 |
[33:16] | to find out everything I can. | 尽全力去查明真相 |
[33:19] | Why shouldn’t you? | 有什么不可以呢? |
[33:21] | He’s your brother. | 他是你哥哥 |
[33:26] | Hey, Jean. Quick question. | 嘿 Jean 请教一下 |
[33:28] | – How is M.J. Doing? – You know, I’d like to see a little more effort in math. | – M.J.怎么样? – 我希望他能在数学多下点功夫 |
[33:31] | Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Not in class. | 哦 好的 我不指课堂上 |
[33:32] | – I mean the candy drive. Today’s the last day. – Oh, Susan, you should be so proud. | – 我是指糖果销售 今天是最后一天了 – 哦 Susan 你肯定很为他自豪 |
[33:37] | – He is a selling machine, way out ahead of the whole school… – Yes! | – 他简直就是自动贩卖机 销售量在全校遥遥领先… – 太好了! |
[33:41] | Except for Juanita Solis. | 但排在Juanita Solis之后 |
[33:43] | – No. – But don’t worry. She is just two bars ahead. | – 不 – 不过别担心 她只比他多卖出两条 |
[33:47] | You better get him out there. | 你最好带他出去卖 |
[33:48] | Gaby Solis told me she’s taking Juanita to sell | Gaby Solis跟我说她会带Juanita去 |
[33:50] | outside a weight loss clinic. Ka-ching! | 减肥诊所外面叫卖 哎呀! |
[34:11] | Mrs. Delfino, can I go now? | Delfino女士 我可以先走吗? |
[34:12] | – My mom wants to pick me up a couple minutes early. – Does she? | – 我妈说要提前几分钟来接我 – 是吗? |
[34:21] | Sure, sweetheart. | 宝贝 当然可以 |
[34:23] | Why don’t you just help Vanessa put her brushes away first? | 不如你先帮Vanessa把画笔放好吧? |
[34:45] | What is that? | 什么声音? |
[34:47] | Did someone bring a cell phone into my classroom? | 有人把手机带到我的课堂上来? |
[34:52] | Juanita Solis. | 是Juanita Solis |
[34:55] | Is this your cell phone? | 这是你的手机吗? |
[34:57] | No. | 不是 |
[34:58] | Oh, come on now. It was in your bag. | 拜托 在你包里发现的 |
[35:01] | Whose else could it be? | 不然还能是谁的? |
[35:03] | Yours. My mom gave it to you for your birthday. | 你的 是我妈买给你当生日礼物的 |
[35:08] | Oh. | 哦 |
[35:10] | So are you saying that… that you stole it? | 照你这么说… 那么是你偷的? |
[35:13] | – No. – Now you’re yelling at me. | – 不是 – 你居然冲我叫喊 |
[35:16] | Someone just bought herself three hours of detention. | 你自找的 罚你放学后留堂三个小时 |
[35:25] | Hello? | 你好? |
[35:27] | Oh, hi, Principal Hobson. Everything okay? | 你好 Hobson校长 有什么事吗? |
[35:31] | Detention? | 罚留堂? |
[35:32] | No, no, no, no. We only have a few hours left to sell candy. | 不不不 我们仅剩几个小时能去卖巧克力 |
[35:35] | Who gave her detention? | 是谁罚她留堂的? |
[35:38] | She did, huh? | 是她啊? |
[35:44] | Thanks for letting me know. | 谢谢您通知我 |
[35:51] | Hi, M.J. | 嗨 M.J. |
[35:53] | You must be getting thirsty, walking around in this heat. | 在这么热的天跑来跑去 你一定很口渴了 |
[35:55] | Doesn’t a nice, big, ice-cold cup of soda sound good? | 喝上一大杯又冰又甜的汽水 这主意不错吧? |
[36:24] | Hello? I have something that belongs to you. | 喂? 我这里有些属于你的东西 |
[36:26] | Check your cell phone. | 你看一下自己的手机 |
[36:34] | M.J. | 是M.J. |
[36:36] | He’s supposed to be out selling. | 他本应该在外面叫卖 |
[36:38] | He was. Then you gave my daughter detention. | 本来是的 但是你却罚我女儿留堂 |
[36:40] | Bad move. | 你不仁在先 |
[36:42] | All right, what do you want? | 那好 你想怎么样? |
[36:44] | Let her go, and I let him go. | 你放她走 我就放他走 |
[36:46] | – I don’t trust you. – I don’t blame you. | – 我不相信你 – 我不怪你 |
[36:49] | Bring him here. | 把他带来这儿 |
[36:51] | We’ll make the exchange. | 我们做交换 |
[36:52] | Fine. But I’m warning you, | 好 但我警告你 |
[36:54] | if there is one chocolate bar missing from that girl’s box, | 如果我女儿盒子里少了一条巧克力 |
[36:57] | You’ll answer to me. | 我就唯你是问 |
[37:07] | Your mom will be here soon. Don’t worry. | 你妈很快就会到 别担心 |
[37:09] | You’ll be out selling your candy in no time. | 你很快就能出去卖巧克力了 |
[37:13] | I hope so. | 但愿吧 |
[37:15] | I gotta win. | 我必须赢 |
[37:17] | You know, Juanita, | Juanita 知道不 |
[37:18] | There are other kids that want to win, too. | 有很多小朋友也想赢 |
[37:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:22] | I just want my mom to be proud of me. | 我只是希望能让我妈为我自豪 |
[37:26] | Your mom is proud of you. | 你妈妈一直因你而自豪 |
[37:29] | Sometimes I think she’s embarrassed | 有时候我觉得她很难堪 |
[37:31] | because I don’t have any friends. | 因为我没有朋友 |
[37:33] | Every day I come home, | 每天我回到家 |
[37:34] | and she asks, “did you make any friends today?” | 她都会问 “你今天交到新朋友了吗?” |
[37:39] | Oh, she just wants to make sure that you’re happy, sweetie. | 哦 宝贝 她只是希望你能开心 |
[37:43] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[37:44] | I guess. | 我猜 |
[37:47] | I just wish I could make friends as easy as she does. | 我只是希望能像她那样 一下子就交到朋友 |
[37:51] | I try and I try, but I just can’t. | 可是无论我怎么努力 我都做不来 |
[37:55] | Hello. We would have gotten here sooner, | 嗨 我们本来早就到了 |
[37:58] | but your son can’t hold his soda. | 但是你儿子把汽水打翻了 |
[38:00] | Juanita, come on. We got candy to sell. | Juanita 快来 我们还得去卖巧克力 |
[38:05] | Mom, we gotta go, too. | 妈 我们也得出发了 |
[38:07] | Otherwise, Juanita’s gonna beat me. | 不然 Juanita就要羸了 |
[38:10] | Sweetie, um… | 宝贝 嗯… |
[38:14] | I know you want to win, | 我知道你很想赢 |
[38:17] | but let’s talk about what winning really means. | 但我们来谈谈 胜利的真正含义吧 |
[38:30] | I’ve rehearsed this speech a hundred times. | 这番话 我已经练习过很多次 |
[38:32] | Well, I think I know how it ends. | 嗯 我想我猜得到结果 |
[38:37] | I can’t live my life | 所有邻居都打量着我 |
[38:39] | with everyone in the neighborhood | 大家都在谈论我 |
[38:42] | watching me and judging me. | 我受不了这样的生活 |
[38:45] | I care too much about what people think. | 我很介意别人的想法 |
[38:51] | So you want me to leave? | 所以你希望我搬走? |
[38:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:55] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:58] | But if you wouldn’t mind… | 可是 如果你不介意的话… |
[39:01] | I’d like to go with you. | 我想跟你一起离开 |
[39:05] | Seriously? | 真的吗? |
[39:07] | I want to figure out what we have here, | 我想弄清楚我们之间的感情 |
[39:10] | and once I know… | 等我看清之后… |
[39:14] | maybe I won’t care what anyone thinks. | 或许我就不会介意别人的看法 |
[39:21] | Well, you know what I think? | 你知道我在想什么吗? |
[39:24] | What? | 什么呢? |
[39:27] | I’ve always wanted to see Paris. | 我一直想去巴黎观光 |
[39:37] | And the winner of this year’s candy drive is… | 今年的糖果筹款活动的冠军… |
[39:41] | Juanita Solis! | 就是Juanita Solis! |
[39:44] | Whoo! | 哇! |
[39:48] | Whoo-hoo! We did it! | 哇! 我们赢了! |
[39:52] | You did it. | 你赢了 |
[39:53] | Okay, now go invite your brand-new friends to your party. | 现在去邀请你的新朋友参加派对吧 |
[39:58] | Mrs. Henderson? | Henderson女士? |
[40:00] | Tell me. Was it close? | 告诉我 赛果都很接近吗? |
[40:02] | Really close, until the last day, | 真的很接近 直到昨天 |
[40:04] | when Juanita sold 40 bars, and M.J. Didn’t sell any. | Juanita卖出四十条巧克力 可是M.J.却连一条都没卖出 |
[40:08] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[40:10] | That’s weird. | 太奇怪了 |
[40:16] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[40:18] | M.J. | M.J.啊 |
[40:20] | I’m sorry you didn’t win. | 很遗憾 你输了 |
[40:21] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[40:24] | I’m curious about something. | 我有点好奇 |
[40:26] | How come you didn’t sell any candy yesterday? | 为什么你昨天一条巧克力都没卖出? |
[40:30] | My mom says it’s a secret. | 我妈说要保密 |
[40:32] | She says it’s only a good deed if we don’t tell. | 她说 善举不必张扬 |
[40:44] | Well, you should listen to your mother… | 嗯 你应该听你妈妈的话… |
[40:49] | Because she is a winner, just like you. | 因为你跟她一样 都是赢家 |
[40:54] | There are a lot of ways to win in this world. | 在这个世界上 要赢的途径有很多 |
[40:59] | Some battles are won | 有些战斗 虽是仓皇撤退 |
[41:02] | with a hasty retreat. | 却能最终凯旋 |
[41:06] | Some victories are claimed… | 有的胜利… |
[41:09] | by those willing to cheat. | 则被说谎者所取得 |
[41:12] | Some opponents are defeated… | 有些对手… 只需一个微笑 |
[41:16] | with nothing more than a smile. | 就能让他檄械投降 |
[41:20] | Of course, for some, | 当然 对于有些人而言 |
[41:22] | it’s not enough to win. | 仅取得胜利是不够的 |
[41:25] | Someone else… | 他需要让对手 |
[41:28] | has got to lose. | 溃不成军 |