时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Your ex-husband was part of owner in a business. | 你的前夫是一家公司的股东 |
[00:04] | Susan came into an inheritance. | Susan要继承一笔财产 |
[00:07] | Who do I speak to about selling my share of herpes on parade? | 我该跟谁谈出售”梅毒集中营”的股份? |
[00:11] | Lynette acquiescend… | Lynette选择了顺从… |
[00:13] | Looks like we’ll be going to therapy together. | 看来我们要一起去治疗了 |
[00:15] | That is great news! Thank you. | 太棒了! 谢谢 |
[00:17] | As soon as graduate high school, | 我高中毕业后 |
[00:18] | I’m going to New York to be a model. | 要去纽约当模特 |
[00:21] | Angie’s concerns made her more protective. | Angie的关心让她更加抗拒 |
[00:23] | You know I’ve always felt bad about the way we’ve had | 你知道我一直为养大你的方式内疚 |
[00:26] | to raise you, being on the run and all. | 整天四处奔波 |
[00:28] | The door stays open. | 开着门 |
[00:30] | – I want it closed. – You stink. | – 我想要关上 – 你臭死了 |
[00:32] | And you’re a whore! Here’s the difference. | 你个泼妇! 这就是不同 |
[00:34] | – I can get clean. – Mm. | – 我能洗干净 – 嗯 |
[00:37] | – Stop! – Say “Please.” | – 停下! – 说”请” |
[00:39] | – And Orson expressed his feelings. – Please! | – Orson表达了他的想法 – 请! |
[00:41] | That’s the life I’m facing now… | 这就是我现在过的日子… |
[00:43] | Having to ask people for help, for everything. | 做任何事 不得不求别人帮忙 |
[00:46] | Do you know how hard that is?! | 你知道这有多么难吗?! |
[00:52] | Orson Hodge was smiling again, | Orson Hodge又开始笑了 |
[00:57] | and it was starting to worry his wife. | 这让她的妻子很担心 |
[01:02] | You see, since his accident, | 自从发生事故 |
[01:05] | Bree hodge had grown accustomed | Bree Hodge已经习惯了 |
[01:07] | to her husband’s severe mood swings. | 她丈夫的情绪波动 |
[01:11] | Aah! | 啊! |
[01:12] | She had grown used to his unexpected rage… | 她已经习惯了丈夫的暴怒… |
[01:17] | his sudden anguish… | 突如其来的痛苦… |
[01:21] | his deep depression. | 低沉的情绪 |
[01:24] | But lately, an odd tranquility had settled over Orson, | 但最近 Orson表现的异常安静 |
[01:29] | and his wife had the feeling something was terribly wrong. | 让他的妻子感到非常的不对劲 |
[01:33] | Sadly, she was right. | 遗憾的是 她猜对了 |
[01:41] | What’s, um, going on here? | 发生什么事了? |
[01:43] | Hello, Bree. | 嘿 Bree |
[01:45] | Just thought I’d give away some things I don’t need anymore. | 只是想把我用不到的一些东西送人 |
[01:48] | Hey, Orson. You got these in 8 1/2? | 嘿 Orson 你鞋码是8.5? |
[01:52] | Sorry, Roy. Just carry men’s sizes. | 抱歉 Roy 我是正常人的大小 |
[01:56] | Look, I can understand | 听着 我能理解 |
[01:57] | why you might want to give away your sporting equipment, | 你想把你的运动用品送人 |
[02:00] | but why would you give away your books and your CDs? | 但你为什么连书和唱片都要送人呢? |
[02:03] | And for god sakes, you can still use your headphones. | 看在上帝份上 你还用得着你的耳机 |
[02:06] | These are amazing! | 这个非常棒! |
[02:08] | – Give me those. – Ow! | – 把它给我 – 噢! |
[02:11] | What is wrong with you people? | 你们怎么了? |
[02:13] | Don’t you realize you’re taking advantage | 你们没有觉得自己在占一个 |
[02:16] | of a man who is emotionally distraught? | 情绪糟糕的人的便宜吗? |
[02:18] | – He seemed to be in a great mood. – Until lady sunshine walked in. | – 他看起来状态很好 – 直到一个笑容灿烂的夫人走进来 |
[02:21] | We’re sorry, Bree. We assumed you guys had talked about it. | 很抱歉 Bree 我们以为你们已经谈过了 |
[02:23] | Well, we didn’t, and that doesn’t excuse the fact | 嗯 我们没有 但这解释不了 |
[02:25] | that you’re all acting like a bunch of vultures. | 你们表现得像群贪婪的秃鹰 |
[02:28] | It’s a good thing I came home, | 幸亏我回来 |
[02:29] | or you’d be picking through his closet. | 要不你们就去翻他衣柜了 |
[02:32] | Um, you know what, guys? | 呃 知道吗 伙计们? |
[02:34] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[02:36] | And please leave your plunder behind. | 请把你们的战利品留下 |
[02:38] | Hey, come on. At my age, it’s just a short-term loan. | 看 我这么大年纪 不过短期借贷罢了 |
[02:48] | What has gotten into you? | 你怎么了? |
[02:51] | I’m sorry, darling. | 很抱歉 亲爱的 |
[02:52] | I had no intention of upsetting you. | 我没想要激怒你 |
[02:54] | Keep my things, give them away. | 留着我的东西还是送人 |
[02:57] | Ultimately, it doesn’t matter. | 说实话 无所谓 |
[02:59] | Yes, Orson Hodge was smiling again | 是的 Orson Hodge又开始笑了 |
[03:04] | and Bree would soon learn the reason why. | Bree很快就知道为什么了 |
[03:08] | You see, her husband… | 是的 她的丈夫… |
[03:10] | had decided to kill himself. | 想要自杀 |
[03:29] | In this never-ending drama we call life, | 在这部称作人生 不停上演的戏码中 |
[03:33] | everyone has a part to play. | 每个人都扮演一个角色 |
[03:36] | Some are cast as romantic leads. | 有人饰演浪漫主角 |
[03:40] | Others end up playing the victim. | 有人以受害者剧终 |
[03:46] | And a few provide comic relief. | 有些人用喜剧效果调节气氛 |
[03:52] | But if the drama is to be really compelling, | 但若想这场戏引人入胜 |
[03:56] | there must be a hero… and a villain. | 必须得有英雄… 和坏蛋 |
[04:02] | Hey, Mrs. Kinsky. | 嘿 Kinsky夫人 |
[04:04] | Oh, look who’s here. | 噢 看看谁来了 |
[04:06] | The garbage police. | 垃圾监督员 |
[04:08] | I hate to bug you, | 我不想烦你 |
[04:10] | but you’re still not separating your glass and plastics. | 但你还没把玻璃和塑料分开 |
[04:14] | The city passed that ordinance, remember? | 城市通过那条法令了 记得吗? |
[04:17] | How I envy you… | 我多么嫉妒你啊… |
[04:19] | Young, pretty, able to crouch for hours behind a bush, | 年轻 漂亮 能在灌木丛里呆好几个小时 |
[04:22] | waiting for a neighbor to dump her trash. | 就等着邻居出来倒垃圾 |
[04:25] | Look, maybe you don’t get how easy it is to recycle. | 听着 也许你不知道分类回收是多么简单 |
[04:28] | Oh, I get it. I just don’t want to do it. | 噢 我知道 我只是不想这么做 |
[04:31] | I’ve been throwing styrofoam into the trash | 在你出生之前 |
[04:33] | since before you were born, | 我就把泡沫塑料都扔进垃圾桶 |
[04:35] | and the sky is still blue and the grass is still green. | 而现在天是蓝的草还是绿的 |
[04:38] | Maybe now, but what will it be like for our grandchildren? | 现在可能是 但将来我们的子孙呢? |
[04:41] | My son is shooting blanks, | 我儿子没法射精 |
[04:43] | and my daughter likes the ladies. | 我女儿喜欢女人 |
[04:45] | Grandkids are the least of my concerns. | 儿孙是我最不关心的了 |
[04:48] | So you don’t care about our planet at all? | 所以你一点也不在乎我们的星球? |
[04:49] | By the time it’s a problem, I’ll be long gone. | 等它成问题时 我已经死很久了 |
[04:51] | Let the cockroaches and the robots fight over it. | 让蟑螂和机器人去争吧 |
[05:03] | – What was that all about? – Oh, what do you think? | – 怎么回事? – 噢 你觉得呢? |
[05:05] | Come on. Look, one old crank doesn’t want to recycle. | 好了 一个老太婆不想回收垃圾 |
[05:10] | You don’t care about that stuff anymore, remember? | 你不再关心这种事了 记得吗? |
[05:13] | – Of course I still care. – Yes. Fine. Yeah, you can care. | – 我当然还关心 – 是 嗯 你可以关心 |
[05:16] | Just… Don’t be blowing our cover. | 只是… 别暴露我们 |
[05:19] | So what am I supposed to do? | 那我该干什么? |
[05:21] | Stand back and watch her defile our planet? | 站到一旁 看她弄脏我们的星球? |
[05:24] | That’s exactly what you’re supposed to do. | 那正是你该做的 |
[05:29] | “Sometimes you… you chain yourself to the tree, | “有时你把你自己绑在树上 |
[05:31] | and sometimes you go after the guy with the saw.” | 有时候你去追赶伐木人” |
[05:36] | That’s what Patrick used to say. | 这是Patrick以前常说的 |
[05:38] | We don’t talk about patrick anymore. | 我们不再谈论Patrick了 |
[05:42] | – I’m just saying. – So am I. | – 我只是说说 – 我也是 |
[05:51] | So the lawyer says you sign right here, | 律师说只要你在这儿签字 |
[05:55] | and you are officially bought out of the strip club business. | 就算正式转让脱衣舞夜总会的股权了 |
[05:59] | Let’s hope I don’t get my share in singles. | 希望我那份不会只有个位数 |
[06:03] | And here’s a little something to remember us by. | 有件东西给你留作纪念 |
[06:06] | “Lap dancing… It’s a grind.” | “脱衣舞… 是件苦差” |
[06:09] | Well, I will be sure to wear this | 好吧 下次我带学生来实地考察时 |
[06:11] | on the next field trip I take with my students. Thanks, Jimbo. | 肯定会穿上它的 谢谢你 Jimbo |
[06:14] | – Good luck. – You, too. | – 好运 – 你也是 |
[06:17] | – Bye, Mrs. D. – Take care, Robin. | – 再见 Delfino夫人 – 保重 Robin |
[06:22] | “Moby dick”? | “Moby的老二”? |
[06:24] | No, it’s not what you think. It’s about a whale. | 不 不是你想的那样 这是关于一头鲸的 |
[06:27] | Yes, I know. Uh, it’s a classic. | 对呀 这我知道 呃 它很经典 |
[06:30] | Well, I saw an article about | 对啊 我读到一篇文章 |
[06:32] | a hundred books you should read before dying, | 上面列了人生该读的一百本书 |
[06:34] | and I thought, you know, | 然后我就想 |
[06:36] | with all the high cholesterol in my family, | 既然家里那么多人都有高胆固醇血症 |
[06:39] | – I better get crackin’. – Oh, good for you. | – 我最好现在就开始读 – 哦 这样很好 |
[06:41] | So what are you gonna do now? | 你接下来打算做什么? |
[06:44] | Oh, um, uh, well, this was, uh, never really my job. | 嗯 这个 呃 本来就不是我的工作 |
[06:48] | I’m actually a teacher. | 其实我是个老师 |
[06:50] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | – 真的? – 是啊 |
[06:51] | Oh, that is so cool. I thought about being a teacher. | 哦 那很酷啊 我以前也想做老师 |
[06:55] | I actually went a couple semesters, | 事实上我还教过几个学期的课 |
[06:57] | but then my family had some money problems, | 但后来家里”经济危机” |
[06:59] | and, well, nine years later, I’m still wearing tassels. | 九年了 我还穿些带流苏的内衣 |
[07:02] | Robin, you’re being requested in the V.I.P. Lounge. | Robin VIP包厢点名要你去 |
[07:13] | Well, um, good luck with those hundred books. | 祝你好运 尤其读完那一百本书 |
[07:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:18] | Oh, not this guy again. | 哦 不要再是这个人了 |
[07:21] | I keep telling him to keep the tips | 我告诉他好多次 留着小费 |
[07:23] | and buy himself a toothbrush. | 给自己买把牙刷 |
[07:25] | Robin, wait. | Robin 等等 |
[07:28] | Um… | 嗯… |
[07:30] | You don’t have to keep doing this if it makes you unhappy. | 如果做这个让你不开心 你没必要再做下去 |
[07:33] | Well, i’ve got bills to pay, Mrs. Delfino. | 可我还得赚钱付账单呀 Delfino夫人 |
[07:37] | No, I know, but you don’t have to work here. | 是 我知道 但你没必要非在这儿工作 |
[07:40] | – You could do anything you want. – That’s easy to say. | – 你可以做任何你想做的事 – 说得轻巧 |
[07:43] | Well, I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[07:45] | It is never too late to change your life. | 要改变生活永远都不算迟 |
[07:50] | Robin, now. | Robin 快点 |
[07:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:00] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[08:02] | You’re taking that with you? | 你要把书也带去? |
[08:04] | When customers get grabby, | 顾客们若得寸进尺 |
[08:05] | I like to have something whacken with | 我得有东西能反击 |
[08:08] | I almost killed a guy with “War and Peace.” | 我曾差点用”战争与和平”把一个人砸死 |
[08:11] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[08:15] | So I’m driving. | 所以说我正在开车 |
[08:17] | – Th… this guys pulls out in front of me. – Cuts him off. | – 那辆车突然冲到我前面 – 挡住路 |
[08:20] | – Yes. I was a little pissed. – You were furious. | – 对 当时我有点生气 – 你大发雷霆 |
[08:23] | But at the stoplight, when I start to tell the guy off, | 但当我站在那人车尾 开始斥责那个人时 |
[08:27] | Tom leans over and says, “Sorry. Uh, no big deal. | Tom探过头说 “不好意思 呃 没什么大不了的 |
[08:29] | – She’s just having a bad day.” – You didn’t have to take the guy’s head off. | – 她今天心情不好” – 你没必要对那人那么凶 |
[08:33] | – He was a maniac. – She flipped him the bird. | – 他是个疯子 – 她对他竖了中指 |
[08:35] | – I was sticking up for you! – Yes, but Tom was driving, Lynette. | – 我可是在维护你呀! – 是的 可Tom正在开车呀 Lynette |
[08:39] | Whether he chose to ignore it or try to run the man off the road, it’s his decision. | 忽视他还是把他撞下公路 那都是他的决定 |
[08:43] | Let him be in the driver’s seat sometimes, | 有时要让他在控制地位 |
[08:45] | literally and figuratively. | 不论是开车还是别的 |
[08:50] | Bringing the score to tom 4 and controlling bitch 0. | Tom得4分 控制狂婊子0分 |
[08:55] | There’s no scoreboard in this room. You know that. | 这里没有记分板 你是知道的 |
[09:00] | Well, I think you both did some great work today. | 好了 我认为你们今天都有很大进步 |
[09:03] | – Next tuesday, same time? – Thanks, doctor. It felt really great. | – 下周二 老时间吧? – 谢谢医生 确实感觉很好 |
[09:07] | Yeah, great. | 是啊 很好 |
[09:12] | I always feel so much better when we get out of there. | 每次我们出来时 我都感觉好多了 |
[09:17] | Yeah, but you do. | 感觉好的是你 |
[09:18] | Don’t you? I mean, I really think she got this… working. | 你不觉得吗? 我真觉得她把问题… 都解决了 |
[09:21] | Yeah, I think she’s got this… working. | 是啊 我觉得她把你的问题都解决了… |
[09:23] | And this… is getting beat up. | 而我… 却屡受打击 |
[09:26] | Come on, Lynette. Don’t feel like that. | 得了 Lynette 别那样想 |
[09:28] | – It’s true. She always sides with you. I want a second opinion. – Lynette. | – 这是事实 她总站在你那边 我需要其他人的意见 – Lynette. |
[09:31] | Maybe we should think about seeing another therapist. | 也许我们该考虑重选一个咨询师 |
[09:34] | When we started, you loved her. | 刚开始的时候 你喜欢她 |
[09:36] | Yeah, and when we started, I loved you, too. | 是呀 我们刚开始的时候 我还喜欢你呢 |
[09:38] | Things change. Now let’s go. | 世事多变 我们走吧 |
[09:41] | Hold on. Uh… | 等等 呃… |
[09:43] | I think I left my keys. | 我好像落下钥匙了 |
[09:47] | No, I can’t. I have dress rehearsal tonight. | 不 不行 我今晚有彩排 |
[09:50] | Okay. Talk to you later. | 好的 待会再说 |
[09:53] | I’m sorry. I forgot my keys. | 不好意思 我忘了钥匙了 |
[09:55] | Oh, that’s okay. | 哦 没关系 |
[09:58] | Um, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop. | 嗯 我不是故意要偷听的 |
[10:00] | Did you say you had dress rehearsal? | 你是不是说你有彩排? |
[10:03] | Oh, that. | 哦 那个 |
[10:05] | Yes, I’m sort of in a little play that runs this weekend. | 是的 我算是在演一个周末上演的小话剧 |
[10:08] | Really? You’re an actor, too? | 真的? 你还是一个演员? |
[10:10] | Well, I dabbled in college. | 嗯 我在大学涉足过 |
[10:12] | I have a bit of a gift, so I try to keep it alive. | 有点小天赋 所以不想浪费 |
[10:15] | Wow, what’s the play? I mean, we’d… We’d love to come see it. | 哇 是什么剧? 我是说 我们想… 想要去看看 |
[10:18] | “Antony and Cleopatra.” But it’s just a community production. | “安东尼与克里奥佩特拉” 但只是个社团小剧 |
[10:20] | I would never force you to sit through it. | 我不会强迫你耐着性子看完的 |
[10:22] | Oh, okay. Well, if you don’t want us to come… | 哦 好的 嗯 如果你不想让我们去的话… |
[10:25] | Here’s a flyer. Matinees are half-off. | 这是传单 日场半价 |
[10:31] | – Hey. – Hey! I need Ana to watch the girls | – 嘿 – 嘿! 我需要Ana在我去商店的时候 |
[10:34] | while I run to the store, | 照看两个女儿 |
[10:36] | – and big shock… She’s not answering her cell. – Oh, no problem. Come on in. | – 但意外的是… 她不回电话 – 哦 没关系 赶快进来 |
[10:39] | They’re just up in Danny’s room. | 他们在楼上Danny的房间 |
[10:42] | Ana! Ana! | |
[10:45] | Gaby’s here! | Gaby来了! |
[10:47] | So they’re in Danny’s room? | 他们在Danny的房间里? |
[10:50] | Oh, yeah. They were listening to music. | 哦 是的 他们在听音乐 |
[10:52] | It was so loud, I made them shut the door. | 实在是太吵了 我让他们把门关上 |
[10:54] | Ah. So they’re by themselves… | 啊 所以就只有他们俩… |
[10:56] | with the door shut? | 还关着门? |
[10:58] | Just a couple of teenagers alone with their genitals? | 只是两个青少年单独在一起 还有他们的生殖器? |
[11:03] | Ana! Get your ass down here! | Ana! 你给我滚下来! |
[11:06] | Gaby, what’s the big deal? | Gaby 这有什么大不了的? |
[11:08] | – They’re just hanging out in Danny’s room. – With a mattress. Why don’t you just crack | – 他们只是在Danny的房间玩 – 还有床 你干嘛不在Ana的屁股上 |
[11:11] | a bottle of champagne on Ana’s pelvis | 开瓶香槟呢 |
[11:13] | and wish Danny a bon voyage? | 然后祝Danny一路顺风? |
[11:15] | Ana! Now! | Ana! 快点! |
[11:17] | Hold on. I’m coming. | 等会儿 我来了 |
[11:19] | I’m sure she meant she’s on her way. | 我想她是说她就来 |
[11:23] | What’s going on? | 什么事啊? |
[11:26] | I have to run to the store. I need you to watch the girls. | 我要去购物了 你得去照看下妹妹们 |
[11:29] | That’s it? Jeez, I thought the house was on fire. | 就这事? 天哪 我以为房子着火了 |
[11:32] | Let me grab my stuff. | 我得收拾下东西 |
[11:34] | So… You worried they might be doing it? | 那… 你担心他们可能在做那事儿? |
[11:38] | Yeah. What I don’t get is why you’re not worried. | 是的 我不明白你怎么就不担心 |
[11:40] | They are healthy, red-blooded kids. | 他们都是健康的 热血少年 |
[11:43] | – They’re gonna do what they’re gonna do. – So we say nothing and just fluff their pillows? | – 该发生总会发生的 – 我们什么也不说 任其发生? |
[11:46] | No. We make sure they don’t do anything stupid. | 不 我们得确保他们不会做什么傻事 |
[11:49] | Have you gotten Ana birth control? | 你告诉Ana如何避孕了吗? |
[11:51] | I make her spend time with Juanita and Celia. | 我让她一直跟Juanita和Celia在一起 |
[11:53] | – I was hoping that would do it. – Come on, Gaby. | – 我希望这样足够了 – 拜托 Gaby |
[11:56] | Y… you have to talk to her about safe sex, condoms. | 你… 你得告诉她安全的性行为 比如避孕套 |
[11:59] | She’s only 17. She’s too young! | 她才十七岁啊 她还太年轻了! |
[12:02] | Oh. How old were you when you first did it? | 哦 你第一次做那事的时候多大? |
[12:07] | Ana, hurry up! | Ana 快点! |
[12:10] | Gotta hit the pharmacy, too! | 还得去药店呢! |
[12:27] | Oh. | 哦 |
[12:29] | I didn’t hear you come in. | 我没听到你进来了 |
[12:32] | “Dearest Bree, I will always love you, | “亲爱的Bree 我会永远爱你 |
[12:34] | “but the will to fight on has left me, | “但我没了活下去的勇气 |
[12:37] | so I’ve chosen to… exit life on my own terms.” | 所以我选择… 自己结束生命” |
[12:40] | Is this a suicide note? | 这是遗书吗? |
[12:42] | Well, it’s really more of a suicide rough draft. | 嗯 这只是份遗书草本 |
[12:46] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[12:49] | I didn’t mean for you to find out this way. | 我本不希望让你发现 |
[12:51] | But now that you know, | 但既然你已经知道了 |
[12:53] | – at least we can discuss it like adults. – There is nothing to discuss. | – 至少我们可以用成年人的方式来讨论了 – 没什么需要讨论的 |
[12:58] | Orson… | Orson啊… |
[13:00] | This is obviously the depression talking. | 这显然是抑郁时的胡言乱语 |
[13:02] | – We will get you some medication. – Bree. Bree. | – 我们来吃药吧 – Bree Bree |
[13:06] | There’s no need for you to feel badly about this. | 你不必为这个难过 |
[13:09] | I’ve had a good life. | 我有一个幸福的人生 |
[13:12] | Let me go. | 让我走吧 |
[13:13] | I will do no such thing. | 我不会这样做的 |
[13:15] | I forbid this. | 我不准 |
[13:17] | Do you hear me? You will not be killing yourself. | 听到了吗? 你不准自杀 |
[13:20] | I will remove every knife, rope and pill from this house, | 我会拿走这屋子里所有的刀 绳子 和药 |
[13:23] | and if I have to, I will be with you 24 hours a day. | 如果有必要 我会全天候陪着你 |
[13:26] | Well, being bored to death wasn’t how I was planning to go, | 呃 郁闷致死并不是我所期望的 |
[13:30] | but we can try it your way. | 但可以试试你的方法 |
[13:36] | Orson. | Orson啊 |
[13:40] | I’ll give you some time to adjust to this. | 我会给你些时间来适应的 |
[13:43] | But understand me. | 但请理解 |
[13:45] | It’s going to happen. | 这迟早会发生的 |
[14:02] | What’s with the condoms? | 买避孕套干嘛? |
[14:04] | Calm down. They’re not for you. | 别着急 不是给你准备的 |
[14:05] | Ah, just what every man wants to hear from his wife. | 哈 每个男人想听到老婆这么说 |
[14:09] | So? | 做什么用? |
[14:11] | Ok, hear me out. You know how Ana is dating Danny Bolen? | 好 听我说 你知道Ana和Danny Bolen在约会吗? |
[14:15] | – I’m gonna kill him… – And we have to be realistic… | – 我要杀了他… – 我们得现实点… |
[14:19] | – with my bare hands… – because they’re not gonna listen to reason. | – 亲手杀了他… – 因为讲道理没用 |
[14:22] | – and bury him under the porch. – No. Carlos. What choice do we have? | – 并把他埋在门廊下 – 不 Carlos 我们难道还有选择吗? |
[14:25] | They’re two teenagers who are getting seriously involved. | 他们是两个热恋中的青少年 |
[14:27] | Isn’t it better to be safe than sorry? | 难道安全不更重要吗? |
[14:29] | But giving them these is like giving them our blessing. | 但给了他们这些 相当于给了他们祝福 |
[14:31] | And that’s how I felt at first, But like Angie said, nature’s gonna take its course. | 我开始也是这么想的 但就像Angie说的那样 这是自然规律 |
[14:34] | Yeah, easy for her to say. She’s got the boy. | 是啊 她说得倒轻松 因为男孩是她家的 |
[14:38] | What if the condom breaks? What if he forgets to put it on? | 如果避孕套破了怎么办? 如果他忘了带呢? |
[14:41] | If he knocks Ana up, Who do you think’s gonna end up raising the kid? | 如果他让Ana怀孕了 谁抚养这个孩子? |
[14:45] | God, that would be awful. | 天啊 太可怕了 |
[14:47] | Getting up for those 3:00 a.m. feedings | 忙乎了一天还得 |
[14:49] | after you’ve worked all day? | 凌晨三点起床喂奶? |
[14:51] | Not me. You. | 不是我 是你 |
[14:53] | You’ll end up taking care of the baby. | 最终还得你带孩子 |
[14:55] | So you better convince her to keep her legs crossed | 所以你最好说服她在翅膀长硬之前 |
[14:58] | – until she’s out of this house. – Wait. How is this my problem? She’s your trampy niece. | – 洁身自好 – 等等 怎么变成我的问题了? 她是你的淫荡侄女 |
[15:01] | Because if she gets pregnant, I’ll be in prison | 因为如果她怀孕了 我就会因为杀了 |
[15:04] | for killing what’s buried underneath the porch. | 被埋在门廊下的那小子而蹲监狱 |
[15:09] | Mrs. D.! | D.夫人! |
[15:12] | Robin. | Robin啊 |
[15:14] | I hope you don’t mind me just showing up, | 希望你不要介意我冒昧打扰 |
[15:16] | but I thought about what you said, and you were right. | 但我认真考虑了你的话 你说的有道理 |
[15:19] | – It’s never too late to change your life, so I quit Double D’s. – You did? | – 改变人生永不会太晚 我辞了大咪咪的工作 – 你辞职了? |
[15:23] | I was pretty scared at first, | 我开始还很担心 |
[15:26] | – but now I think it’s the best thing I ever did. – Well, that’s great. | – 但我觉得这再正确不过了 – 哦 那太好了 |
[15:29] | I never would have had the guts without talking to you. | 没有你的鼓励 我是不会有这种勇气的 |
[15:32] | – You’re like my role model. – Really? That’s sweet. | – 你是我的榜样 – 真的? 太高兴了 |
[15:36] | My old role model was Candi, down at the club, | 我以前的榜样是俱乐部里的Candi |
[15:39] | but she o.d.’d. | 但她嗑药过量了 |
[15:40] | Well, I will, uh, try to do Candi proud. | 嗯 那我尽力让Candi的骄傲吧 |
[15:43] | Good for you, Robin. | Robin 真为你高兴 |
[15:46] | I know change takes a lot of courage. | 我知道改变需要很大的勇气 |
[15:48] | Oh, it sure does. | 哦 是的 |
[15:52] | So what do I do now? | 那我现在该怎么办? |
[15:54] | – Huh? – You know… | – 啊? – 你知道… |
[15:56] | What’s my next move? Where do I work now? | 我下面该做点什么? 我到哪儿去工作呢? |
[15:59] | I’m sorry. | 报歉 |
[16:01] | Y… you quit without having anything else lined up? | 你… 你什么计划也没有就辞职了? |
[16:04] | I know it was a little hasty, | 我知道这有点仓促 |
[16:06] | but you said I could do whatever I wanted. | 但你说我可以做自己想做的事 |
[16:09] | You sounded so sure. You’re still sure, right? | 你说的很肯定 是这样吗? |
[16:11] | Yes, yes. I’m very sure. The world is your oyster. Huh. | 是的 是的 我很肯定 世界由你掌握 哈 |
[16:14] | You have saved up, right? | 你有存款 对吧? |
[16:20] | She stripped for nine years and didn’t put anything away? | 她跳了九年的脱衣舞却一无所有? |
[16:23] | Apparently there was a boob job and a bad relationship | 显然钱都花在了隆胸 糟糕的恋情 |
[16:25] | and the rising cost of glitter. | 以及高涨的出名费上 |
[16:27] | I have to find a way to help her. | 我得帮她找条出路 |
[16:29] | And why is this your responsibility? | 这跟你有什么关系? |
[16:31] | Because I’m the one that told her to quit. | 因为是我劝她辞职的 |
[16:34] | I didn’t think she’d listen. No one listens to me. | 我没想到她会听我的 从来没人听我的 |
[16:37] | I keep telling you how much I hate that shirt, | 我一直跟你说我多讨厌这件衬衫 |
[16:40] | – and there it is. – Okay, we’ll help her. What do you have in mind? | – 但你还穿着 – 好吧 那我们就帮她吧 你有什么主意? |
[16:44] | We need to find her a job. | 我们得帮她找份工作 |
[16:46] | Well, what can she do? | 哦 她能干些什么? |
[16:48] | Does she have skills that don’t involve | 她除了会靠身体赚钱 |
[16:50] | picking up a dollar without using her hands? | 还会什么谋生技能? |
[16:57] | Why are you so sad? | 你为什么这么伤心? |
[17:00] | Well, M.J., | 呃 M.J. |
[17:02] | I need a job, and I don’t have any skills. | 我需要一份工作 但我没什么谋生技能 |
[17:05] | You’re so pretty. | 可你这么漂亮 |
[17:07] | You could be a princess. | 你可以当公主 |
[17:09] | Oh. | 哦 |
[17:10] | Oh, look. | 哦 看啊 |
[17:13] | M.J. is so smitten with her. | M.J.看到她就投降了 |
[17:16] | He’s a guy. | 他是个男人 |
[17:19] | And she’s good with kids. | 而且她和孩子相处的很好 |
[17:23] | That’s it. | 对了 |
[17:25] | They’ve been looking for an assistant art teacher | 学校需要一名 |
[17:27] | down at the school. | 助理美术老师 |
[17:29] | She said she always wanted to do something like that. | 她说过一直想做这样的工作 |
[17:32] | – Well, you think she can handle it? – We glue macaroni to shoeboxes. | – 呃 你认为她能行吗? – 把通心粉粘到鞋盒上 |
[17:35] | It’s not the hardest job in the world. | 又不是世界上最难的工作 |
[17:37] | Now see, how come when I say that, you give me that look? | 看吧 怎么我说到这个你就这种表情? |
[17:42] | And there it is again. | 又来了 |
[17:44] | Thanks for cheering me up, M.J. | 谢谢你鼓励我 M.J. |
[17:47] | You’re so sweet. | 你真好 |
[17:48] | You can give me a bath if you want to. | 如果你愿意的话 可以帮我洗澡 |
[18:01] | – Roy! – Aah! | – Roy! – 啊! |
[18:03] | Jeez, you scared the crap out of me. | 上帝 你吓死我了 |
[18:06] | Where’s Orson? You’re supposed to be watching him. | Orson在哪儿? 你应该看着他 |
[18:08] | Don’t worry. I stuck him in the laundry room | 别着急 我把他锁在洗衣房了 |
[18:10] | and put a broom through his spokes. | 还插了把扫帚在他的轮子里 |
[18:17] | Hello, Bree. | 你好 Bree |
[18:19] | Can we please cross Roy off the suicide watch list? | 能不能把Roy从防自杀监视名单中删掉? |
[18:24] | Hey. You’re alive. My job’s done here. | 嘿 你还活着 我完成任务了 |
[18:27] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了? |
[18:29] | You were supposed to be back an hour ago. | 你一个小时前就该回来了 |
[18:31] | I am sorry, but I had to stop and pick up our guests. | 对不起 我得去接我们的客人 |
[18:35] | What guests? | 什么客人? |
[18:39] | Orson, meet Chris and Ron. | Orson 见见Chris和Ron吧 |
[18:42] | Now I know you won’t listen to me, but you might listen | 我知道现在你听不进我的话 但你可以听听他们说的 |
[18:45] | – to them, since you have something in common. – Really? | – 因为你们有些共同之处 – 是吗? |
[18:48] | Are you Gilbert and Sullivan fans, too? | 你们也是Gilbert和Sullivan的粉丝? (英国作家) |
[18:51] | Sense of humor. That’s very important. | 真幽默 幽默的确很重要 |
[18:53] | Now I know you think there’s no reason to go on living, | 我知道你觉得没什么活下去的理由 |
[18:56] | – because you’re paralyzed… – So you thought, “Hey!” | – 因为你残疾了… – 所以你觉得 “嘿!” |
[18:59] | “You know what might cheer him up? Two more paralyzed guys.” | “该怎么鼓励他呢? 这儿还有两个残废” |
[19:01] | Please. Just hear them out. | 求你了 听听他们怎么说的 |
[19:03] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to make some tea. | 请原谅 我去泡点茶 |
[19:08] | So your wife tells us you’re in a pretty negative place. | 你妻子告诉我们 你有许多负面情绪 |
[19:11] | – Well, that’s to be expected, but eventually… – look, I know you mean well, | – 嗯 意料中的 但最终… – 我知道你是好意 |
[19:14] | but I don’t need a handicapped pep talk. | 但我不需要这种残废间的鼓励话 |
[19:16] | Hey, we’re not handicapped. We’re handi-capable. | 嘿 我们可不是残废 我们是有才华的残疾人 |
[19:20] | Oh, lord. | 哦 天啊 |
[19:22] | We play basketball, dance, we make love. | 我们打篮球 跳舞 做爱 |
[19:25] | And I hope you’re very happy together. | 但愿你们过的快乐 |
[19:27] | I, unfortunately, don’t have someone to join me on this journey. | 不幸的是 我可没有陪伴我的同路人 |
[19:30] | You have a wife who clearly loves you. | 你有一个那么爱你的妻子 |
[19:33] | Wow. Paralyzed and blind. | 哇 你真是又残又瞎 |
[19:34] | You must always be the first one to board the plane. | 你总是第一个上飞机的人吧 |
[19:37] | Look, we know what you’re going through. | 听着 我们知道你经历了什么 |
[19:41] | A lot of us feel unloved after something like this happens. | 发生这样的事情后 我们中的许多人觉得缺少关爱 |
[19:44] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[19:45] | My wife stays with me solely out of obligation. | 我妻子跟我在一起 仅仅是因为良心不安 |
[19:49] | Orson! How could you say such a thing? | Orson! 你怎么能这样说? |
[19:52] | It’s true, isn’t it? You feel guilty because you know | 难道不是吗? 你自责因为你知道 |
[19:55] | I never would have been hit by that plane | 如果不是和你的情人大打出手 |
[19:56] | if I hadn’t gotten in a fistfight with your lover. | 我才不会被飞机撞上 |
[20:00] | This is the thanks I get? I have bent over backwards | 这就是我得到的感恩吗? 我竭尽全力 |
[20:03] | to make your life easier. | 让你的生活更舒适 |
[20:04] | I should just let you hang yourself. | 我真应该让你吊死算了 |
[20:07] | Hey… Don’t we have a basketball game at 2:00? | 嘿… 我们两点钟不是有场篮球赛吗? |
[20:10] | Can you be honest for one moment? | 你就不能有片刻的坦诚吗? |
[20:12] | – You don’t love me. – Yeah, we should go. | – 你根本不爱我 – 是啊 我们该走了 |
[20:15] | Please stay. I’ve made tea. | 请留步 我泡好了茶 |
[20:17] | See? You can’t deny it. | 看到没? 你无法否认 |
[20:19] | Go ahead, Bree. Correct me. Say you love me. | 快点儿 Bree 纠正我 说你爱我 |
[20:24] | I… | 我… |
[20:32] | care very deeply for you. | 非常非常关心你 |
[20:37] | That’s what I thought. | 我就知道 |
[20:44] | I’m feeling a little upset right now. | 我有点儿不舒服 |
[20:46] | Would you mind rolling yourselves out? | 你们不介意自己出去吧? |
[20:53] | Ana, let me ask you something. | Ana 问你点儿事儿 |
[20:55] | Are you happy? | 你快乐吗? |
[20:57] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[20:58] | Well, Carlos and I want you to be happy. | 嗯 Carlos和我希望你能快乐 |
[21:01] | Over the last few months, | 过去的几个月里 |
[21:02] | we come to think you as our own daughter | 我们把你看做是亲生女儿一样 |
[21:04] | Really? | 是吗? |
[21:05] | In fact, your uncle | 其实 你叔叔 |
[21:07] | thinks it’s about time you and I had that little talk… | 觉得是时候让我和你聊点儿… |
[21:10] | about the birds and the bees. | 基本的性知识 |
[21:12] | Oh, God. | 哦 天啊 |
[21:13] | That’s how I feel, so we’re not gonna be doing that. | 我也是这么觉得 所以我们不会聊那些 |
[21:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:18] | – Instead I’m going to write you a check. – A… a check? | – 相反我要给你张支票 – 支… 支票? |
[21:22] | A check big enough to cover one whole year of modeling school… | 这张支票足够让你上一年的模特学校… |
[21:25] | and to rent a decent-size apartment… | 和在纽约租一间相当好的… |
[21:28] | in new york. | 公寓 |
[21:29] | Okay, what’s the catch? | 好啊 有什么条件? |
[21:31] | That’s so cute that you think there’s a catch. | 你认为这有条件 真是太可爱了 |
[21:34] | – This isn’t signed. – That’s the catch. | – 你没签字 – 这就是条件 |
[21:36] | I will sign it once you graduate high school | 你高中毕业前 |
[21:38] | without having had sex or more sex, as the case may be. | 不再有性行为或更多的性行为 我就签字 |
[21:43] | Are you serious? | 你认真的? |
[21:45] | Ana, I could talk to you about morality | Ana 我可以跟你讲道德观 |
[21:47] | or saving yourself for marriage | 或者婚前贞洁观 |
[21:49] | or statistics about S.T.D.s, | 或者性病传染的数据 |
[21:51] | but I think you’re the kind of girl | 但我认为你是那种 |
[21:53] | who responds to cold, hard cash. | 只对冷冰冰的钱有反应的女孩 |
[21:57] | You know me well. | 你太了解我了 |
[22:00] | So do we hava deal? | 那一言为定了? |
[22:01] | Are you gonna be a successful model with a nice apartment | 你想做一个有漂亮公寓的成功模特 |
[22:04] | or a teenage mom with no future? | 还是没前途的未成年妈妈? |
[22:07] | Well… | 呃… |
[22:09] | When you put it like that… | 你这么说… |
[22:12] | Good girl. | 好孩子 |
[22:14] | Oh, and to answer your earlier question, | 哦 回答你之前的那个问题 |
[22:17] | I’m now very happy. | 我现在很开心 |
[22:23] | I can’t believe I let you talk me into this. | 真不敢相信我竟然被你说服了 |
[22:26] | Three hours of Shakespeare | 我这隔20分钟就要上厕所的女人 |
[22:28] | – for a woman who has to pee every 20 minutes. – Come on. | – 来这儿看三小时的莎士比亚剧 – 拜托 |
[22:31] | Dr. Graham’s been so supportive of us. | Graham医生是多么支持我们啊 |
[22:33] | – Can’t we be supportive of her? – This isn’t about support. | – 我们不也应该支持她一下? – 这不是支不支持的问题 |
[22:36] | This is about little Tommy teacher’s pet | 这就像小屁孩拍老师的马屁 |
[22:40] | – wanting a gold star for butt-kissing. – Oh. | – 就为了得到一颗星星奖励 – 哦 |
[22:44] | That’s not true. | 才不是呢 |
[22:45] | Ah. | 啊 |
[22:48] | Nay, but this dotage… | 不 但是这个老迷糊… |
[22:51] | Please. | 拜托 |
[22:52] | You brought her a $40 box of chocolates. | 你给她买了一盒40美元的巧克力 |
[22:57] | Last mother’s day, you threw me a bagel | 而上个母亲节 你就扔给我一个百吉饼 |
[22:59] | and called it breakfast in bed. | 这就是所谓的床上吃早餐(西方母亲节传统) |
[23:01] | Admit it. You just have a problem with her | 你就认了吧 你不妥她 |
[23:03] | Because you hate it when someone points out your flaws. | 因为你很讨厌别人指出你的缺点 |
[23:06] | That’s not true. | 才不是呢 |
[23:07] | I can take constructive criticism just fine. | 我愿意接受有建设性的批评 |
[23:10] | You’re being a little loud. | 你的声音有些大了 |
[23:12] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[23:14] | See? I can take constructive criticism. | 看见没? 我能接受建设性的批评 |
[23:16] | – You’re still talking. – You’re still annoying. Relax. | – 你还在说话 – 你还是那么惹人厌 放轻松 |
[23:20] | Shh. She’s making her entrance. | 嘘 她要进场了 |
[23:21] | Oh. … from Rome. | 哦 … 从罗马 |
[23:24] | Grates me… the sum. | 把我惹火了… 这些人 |
[23:28] | Nay! Hear them, Antony! | 不! 快听听 Antony! |
[23:34] | Fluvia Perchance is angry. | Fluvia Perchance生气了 |
[23:37] | Or… Who knows? | 或者… 谁知道呢? |
[23:41] | If the beard… | 如果这个小胡子… |
[23:45] | If the scarce-bearded Caesar | 如果这胡子稀疏的凯撒 |
[23:47] | hath not sent you his powerful mandate… | 没有发出他那权威的命令… |
[23:51] | “Do this or this. | “做这个或者这个 |
[23:54] | Take in that kingdom and enfranchise that. | 接管那个国家并且解放它 |
[23:57] | Perform’t”. | 要这样做” |
[23:58] | “Or else we damn thee.” | “否则我要你的命 “ |
[24:10] | – Hey. How was the play? – Hey. | – 嗨 这部剧怎么样? – 嗨 |
[24:12] | Lincoln had a better time at the theater. | 林肯在剧院都没我们这么难熬(林肯总统在剧院被刺杀) |
[24:16] | Really? | 不会吧? |
[24:17] | So how bad was it? | 那么它有多糟糕呢? |
[24:18] | You remember how horrible your second grade arbor day play was? | 还记得你在二年级植树节演的那部剧有多难看吗? |
[24:21] | – But at least we were drunk for that. – Mm. | – 但至少那时我们喝醉了啊 – 恩 |
[24:24] | Honestly, how did Dr. Graham get that part? | 老实说 Graham医生演的那部分怎么样? |
[24:27] | Is she sleeping with the director? | 她是不是和导演睡过觉? |
[24:29] | Sleeping with, bathing, donating a kidney… | 就算和导演睡觉 洗鸳鸯浴 捐献一个肾脏… |
[24:32] | It’s still not enough. | 都不够呢 |
[24:34] | I just hope that I can erase this from my memory | 我只希望在我们进入下一环节之前 |
[24:37] | Before our next session. | 能把这从我的记忆里删除 |
[24:39] | Are you kidding? We’re not seeing her again. | 你在开玩笑吗? 我们不会再见她了 |
[24:42] | – Why not? – We’re not going to continue to take life lessons | – 为什么不? – 我们不能再从一个演死人还打嗝的女人 |
[24:45] | From a woman who burped during her death scene. | 那儿接受生活建议辅导了 |
[24:49] | That has nothing to do with her skills as a therapist. | 这又不影响她的心理治疗技术 |
[24:52] | Really? Did she not tell you she has a “Gift” for acting? | 是吗? 她不是跟你讲自己很有做演员的天赋吗? |
[24:57] | – Yeah. – Well, I can’t trust the judgment | – 是啊 – 听着 我无法信任由这种 |
[24:59] | Of someone with absolutely no self-awareness. | 绝对没有自我意识的人的诊治 |
[25:02] | We’re not going back. | 我们不会和她见面了 |
[25:03] | This is an excuse. You have been looking | 这只是个借口 自从上一次开始 |
[25:05] | For a reason to dump her ever since our last session. | 你就一直想找个借口开除她 |
[25:07] | Tom, I learned two things tonight… | Tom 我今天晚上明白两件事… |
[25:10] | Dr. Graham has no insight into real human behavior, | Graham医生并不了解人类的真实行为 |
[25:13] | and there are 428 tiles on the ceiling of that theater. | 还有那个剧院的天花板上有428块瓷砖 |
[25:18] | Say what you want. We are going to our next session. | 随便你怎么说 我们要去下一治疗环节 |
[25:21] | Mnh-mnh. | 恩 |
[25:22] | Mm-hmm. And, by the way, | 还有 顺便说一句 |
[25:25] | It was 429. | 是429块瓷砖 |
[25:38] | Robin Gallagher, teaching assistant, | Robin Gallagher 助教 |
[25:40] | reporting for duty. | 来报到了 |
[25:41] | – Hey, look at you. – I wanted to look professional. | – 瞧你的穿着 – 我想穿得专业一点 |
[25:45] | Do you like the glasses? I don’t even need them. | 你喜欢我的眼镜吗? 其实我根本不需要眼镜 |
[25:47] | You look great. That’s a beautiful suit. | 你看起来很棒 套装很漂亮 |
[25:50] | Thanks. It is so nice to wear work clothes | 谢谢 有工作服穿真好 |
[25:53] | that don’t rip away to reveal crotchless panties. | 我再也不用撕衣服 给别人看露底内裤了 |
[25:55] | Yeah, you’re preaching to the choir. | 是啊 你这穿着能去教堂唱颂歌啦 |
[25:58] | So, um, I’m just gonna get the kids started painting. | 好的 我刚准备叫孩子开始画画 |
[26:00] | And why don’t you hang those globes that we made last week? | 你把我们上星期做的纸球挂起来吧? |
[26:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:08] | Um, can I say something? | 恩 我能说点什么吗? |
[26:13] | You really took a chance on me. | 你真的给了我一个机会 |
[26:15] | No one’s ever done that for me before, | 以前从来没有人为我做过这些 |
[26:16] | So thank you. | 所以谢谢你 |
[26:19] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[26:21] | I’m really glad you’re here. | 我非常高兴你能来到这里 |
[26:24] | Oh, hey, careful. | 哦 小心一点 |
[26:26] | Never let the kids see you cry. | 永远不要让孩子们看见你哭 |
[26:27] | If they sense weakness, you’re done. | 如果他们觉得你好欺负 那你就完了 |
[26:31] | Sorry we’re late. | 对不起我们迟到了 |
[26:32] | – Forgot his backpack. – Oh, that’s okay, Mr. Linwood. | – 忘记拿他的书包了 – 哦 没关系 Linwood先生 |
[26:35] | Come on, kyle. Let’s get you painting. | Kyle 过来 来教你画画 |
[26:39] | Who’s that? | 她是谁? |
[26:41] | Ah, that’s my new teaching assistant, Miss Gallagher. | 啊 她是我新来的助教 Gallagher小姐 |
[26:44] | No, bobby. That’s not how we use pipe cleaners! | 不 孩子 清洁剂不是这样子用的! |
[26:49] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:50] | Do we know each other? | 我们认识吗? |
[26:53] | Oh. I don’t think so. | 哦 我们不认识 |
[26:55] | Are you sure? You look so familiar. | 你确定? 你看起来很面熟 |
[26:57] | I guess I just have one of those faces. | 我想我有一张大众脸 |
[27:07] | What did you want to see me about, Principal Hobson? | 找我有什么事么 Hobson校长? |
[27:10] | You are aware, aren’t you, | 你应该知道的 不是吗? |
[27:12] | That as a private school, | 作为一个私人学校 |
[27:13] | We depend on the financial support | 我们的资金都是靠 |
[27:15] | Of our more affluent parent donors? | 那些有钱的家长捐助的 |
[27:18] | I am aware of that. | 我知道 |
[27:21] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:22] | Because I just got a call from Kyle Linwood’s father, | 因为我刚才接到了Kyle Linwood爸爸的电话 |
[27:26] | A major donor. | 一个主要捐助者 |
[27:29] | Is it true that your assistant can break a $5 | 真的吗? 你的助教能为了5美元 |
[27:32] | By shaking out her underwear? | 就脱掉自己的内衣? |
[27:43] | – I don’t want to take a bath! – Well, that’s too bad. | – 我不想洗澡! – 哦 这太糟糕了! |
[27:46] | It’s time to give the earth back some of its dirt. | 是时候把身上的脏泥还给地球了 |
[27:48] | Go! | 走! |
[27:50] | Hey, I’m gonna be upstairs for a bit. | 嘿 我要到楼上待会儿 |
[27:52] | What are you guys up to tonight? | 你们今晚要做什么? |
[27:53] | – We’re just gonna stay home and study. – Good girl. | – 我们就在家呆着 学习 – 乖孩子 |
[28:06] | Mm! Why are you getting me all worked up? | 哦! 你为什么还要引诱我? |
[28:09] | I thought you made your aunt a promise. | 我以为你已经跟你婶婶保证过了 |
[28:11] | I promised her I wouldn’t have sex. | 我是向她保证我不会做爱 |
[28:14] | I didn’t promise you wouldn’t. | 但没说你不会 |
[28:32] | Fine! I’ll sort it myself! | 好! 我自己分类! |
[29:02] | Mr. Solis. | Solis先生 |
[29:05] | Okay, don’t freak out, okay? | 好 别生气 行么? |
[29:07] | What the hell are you doing? | 你们在干什么? |
[29:08] | Hey, I’m…I’m sorry. This… this won’t happen again. | 我… 对不起 这… 这事儿不会再有了 |
[29:11] | Uncle Carlos, it’s no big deal. | Carlos叔叔 这没什么的 |
[29:11] | You think you can come into my house and do this? ! | 你竟敢在我家公然干这事? ! |
[29:14] | Answer me! | 说话啊! |
[29:17] | Huh? ! | 恩? ! |
[29:18] | Answer me! Answer me! | 说话! 你倒是说啊! |
[29:21] | Huh? ! | 恩?! |
[29:22] | I catch you near her again, I will kick your ass, boy. | 小子 要再让我抓到你靠近她 我就揍死你 |
[29:25] | – Let go of him! – You know what I caught your son doing in my house? | – 放开他! – 你知道我抓到你儿子在我家做什么吗? |
[29:30] | I don’t care. Carlos, what is going on?! | 我不管 Carlos 怎么了这是?! |
[29:31] | I said let go! | 我说了放开他! |
[29:34] | Oh, god! Angie, what the hell? ! | 哦 天哪! Angie 到底怎么了? ! |
[29:38] | – Wait for me outside. -Ma, please don’t. | – 出去等我 – 妈妈 不要 求你了 |
[29:41] | Outside! | 出去! |
[29:50] | Look, I came in and found him on top of her. | 是这样 我一进门就看见他趴在她身上 |
[29:54] | I don’t care. He’s my kid. | 我不管这些 他是我的孩子 |
[29:55] | You ever touch him again, you’re dead. | 再敢碰他一下 你就死定了 |
[30:06] | Hey, Bolen! | 嘿 Bolen! |
[30:07] | I see you tried to separate my glass and plastic. | 我看到你想把我的玻璃和塑料分类 |
[30:16] | Suck it, earth! | 去你保护地球! |
[30:18] | Ma! | 妈! |
[30:27] | Come on, ma. Let’s go. | 妈妈 算了 我们走吧 |
[30:36] | So maybe you shouldn’t just think | 也许除了考虑你自己 |
[30:38] | about what you want to say | 要说什么之外 |
[30:40] | but about how you say it, so Tom can hear you. | 你应当也考虑下你说话方式 这Tom才能听你说 |
[30:48] | That’s… | 这就是… |
[30:49] | a theory. | 结论 |
[30:51] | Is something bothering you, Lynette? | 你有什么困扰吗 Lynette? |
[30:54] | It’s the pregnancy. | 她怀孕了 |
[30:55] | This morning she got mad at me | 今天早上她因为看不惯 |
[30:57] | over the way I drank my orange juice. | 我喝橙汁的方法就冲我发火 |
[31:00] | Is that all? You know you’re in a safe place here. | 就这些? 这里很安全 |
[31:03] | We can tell each other anything. | 我们可以畅所欲言 |
[31:09] | Okay. | 那好 |
[31:11] | Since this is a safe place… | 既然这儿很安全 |
[31:15] | Tom and I saw your play the other night. | 那晚上我和Tom去看你的表演了 |
[31:18] | You did? Well, why didn’t you come backstage and say hello? | 你们来了? 那怎么不到后台跟我打个招呼呢? |
[31:22] | Well, the truth is, I didn’t know what to say, because… | 实际上 我是不知道要说什么 因为… |
[31:26] | I didn’t really like it. | 我实在不怎么欣赏这出戏 |
[31:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:32] | Our Antony was dreadful. | 演Antony的人太烂了 |
[31:35] | You weren’t the only one who thought so. | 大家都跟你们想法一样 |
[31:37] | No… Actually, I was talking about you. | 不… 实际上 我指的是你 |
[31:39] | You were… | 你… |
[31:41] | really not very good, | 演得不怎么样 |
[31:43] | And now I’ve sort of lost confidence | 所以由你担当我们的治疗师 |
[31:45] | in you as a therapist. | 我真没什么信心 |
[31:49] | Oh. | 哦 |
[31:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:53] | Do you want to elaborate? | 你能说明白点么? |
[31:54] | No. I think I said what I needed to say. | 不 我已经说完自己的想法了 |
[31:59] | Aha. | 啊 |
[32:01] | See, this is the same thing in your marriage. | 瞧 这跟你婚姻中与遇到的问题一样 |
[32:02] | You criticize Tom, but you won’t be specific. | 你指责Tom 但你又不愿意明确指出他的问题 |
[32:06] | It’s sort of the coward’s way out. | 这是一种懦夫的做法 |
[32:09] | Coward? | 懦夫? |
[32:13] | Okay. | 那好 |
[32:15] | You sucked. | 你真烂 |
[32:16] | You were really, really bad. | 你演得非常烂 |
[32:19] | Three words… | 给你三个词… |
[32:20] | Stink, stank, stunk. | 烂 很烂 非常烂 |
[32:23] | Specific enough? | 够明白了吧? |
[32:28] | Good for you, Lynette. | 很好 Lynette |
[32:30] | I commend you for your honesty. | 我欣赏你的坦白 |
[32:35] | Although, the “Fairview herald” had a different take. | 然而 不过”美景镇观影团”看法可不一样 |
[32:38] | They found my Cleopatra “Incandescent.” | 他们认为像我演的Cleopatra”才情洋溢” |
[32:42] | Oh… My god. | 哦… 天哪 |
[32:43] | You actually believe that? | 你竟然信这个? |
[32:45] | See, this is why we can’t see her anymore. | 瞧 这就是我们不能再由她诊治的原因 |
[32:48] | Tom, you haven’t weighed in yet. | Tom 你还一言未发 |
[32:50] | What did you think? | 你的想法是什么? |
[32:59] | I thought you were great. | 我觉得你棒极了 |
[33:01] | What? Liar! You said you’ve seen seals playing horns | 什么? 骗子! 你之前还说吹小号演奏 |
[33:05] | that put on a better show. | 都比这出戏更好看 |
[33:06] | There’s no need to bully him into agreeing with you. | 你不需要通过威吓使他支持你的观点 |
[33:08] | I wouldn’t have to bully him if he would man up for once. | 如果他能有一次像个男人 我也不会威吓他了 |
[33:11] | Lynette, you’re attacking. | Lynette 你在用语言攻击他 |
[33:13] | Of course. Because I’m always the bad cop, | 那是 因为我总是演坏角儿 |
[33:15] | he’s always the good cop. | 而他总是扮好人 |
[33:16] | Could you just once not be such a wuss? | 你能哪怕有一次不那么懦弱么? |
[33:18] | Damn right I’m the good cop. Someone has to be, | 靠 是 我是老好人 总得有人扮好人吧 |
[33:21] | because bad cop… bad cop doesn’t work. | 因为坏角儿… 惹人嫌 |
[33:23] | I grew up in that house, and it doesn’t work. | 我就是在那种环境中成长的 根本行不通 |
[33:27] | That is not it. You like me being the bad guy. | 这不是实情 事实上是你喜欢让我扮演坏人 |
[33:30] | That way you can always be the good guy. But guess what? | 那样你就能永远做好人了 但是你猜怎么样? |
[33:33] | I’d love to be the good guy once in a while, but I can’t, | 我也想做个好人 哪么只有一次 但是我不能 |
[33:36] | because when things get hard | 因为每当遇到棘手的问题 |
[33:38] | or a difficult decision has to get made, | 或者要做什么艰难的决定 |
[33:40] | you run from confrontation, | 你都不敢面对 |
[33:42] | and if I don’t step into the void, | 如果我再不去接手 |
[33:44] | things grind to a halt. Because I got news for you… | 就没有人了 因为我了解你… |
[33:47] | Good cop…good cop doesn’t work either! | 老好人… 老好人根本没用! |
[33:56] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[34:00] | Really? | 真的? |
[34:02] | I like to be liked, | 我喜欢受欢迎 |
[34:04] | And because of that, | 正因此 |
[34:06] | a lot of the ugly stuff I defer to you. | 因此我总把许多麻烦事推给你 |
[34:10] | And I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[34:16] | Your performance was aggressively bad. | 你的表演不是一般的差 |
[34:19] | At one point during the second act, I started | 你演到第二幕时 |
[34:20] | to choke on a mint and thought about not fighting it. | 我克制着自己 不要抓狂 |
[34:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:30] | Wow. This was quite a breakthrough. | 哇 这可真是个大突破 |
[34:33] | And you’re right. | 你说的对 |
[34:37] | You’re a wonderful therapist. | 你是个很棒的心理治疗师 |
[34:40] | Thank you, Lynette. | 谢谢你 Lynette |
[34:42] | Now, both of you, get the hell out of my office. | 不过请你们俩 滚出我的办公室 |
[34:48] | So we catch her son on top of our niece, | 我们逮到他儿子上了我们侄女 |
[34:51] | – and we have to apologize? – No, we have to apologize | – 我们却要道歉? – 不 我们得道歉 |
[34:54] | because you almost put her son’s head through a wall. | 是因为你差点儿用人家儿子的脑袋打爆墙了 |
[34:56] | When are you gonna learn violence is not the answer? | 你何时才能学会暴力不是最佳解决办法? |
[35:03] | I shouldn’t have to tell you this! You know better! | 本来这些都不用我说了! 你比我还清楚! |
[35:06] | We’ve been doing it for 19 years. You’re smarter than this! | 我们都这样过了19年 你早该学聪明了! |
[35:09] | This is not the first time we’ve had this conversation. | 这可不是我们第一次谈这个 |
[35:11] | I feel like I’m talking to a wall here, huh? | 我都对牛弹琴了 是吧? |
[35:14] | What is going on here? | 里面怎么了? |
[35:16] | What the hell is wrong with you?! | 你到底怎么回事?! |
[35:18] | God. He’s ripping Danny a new one. | 天啊 他在狂骂Danny |
[35:21] | – Damn it! Angie! – Okay, Nick, just leave me alone! | – 妈的! Angie! – 别说了 Nick 让我一个人静静! |
[35:24] | No, no, no, no. Hey! You are getting sloppy. | 不 不 不 听着! 你越来越差劲了 |
[35:27] | – We should go. – Yeah, we should. | – 我们该回家了 – 是的 我们该撤了 |
[35:29] | First you get into it with that crazy lady | 首先 你事情扯上那个垃圾回收的疯女人 |
[35:31] | about her recycling, which I told you not to do. | 我告诉过你别这样 |
[35:34] | And then guess what? She comes over this morning | 然后呢? 今早她过来说 |
[35:36] | – and says she’s thinking about suing us. – Okay, I lost my cool. | – 她要告我们 – 我当时失控了 |
[35:39] | Well, get it back! Because this rock we are hiding under | 你正常点! 这次的事闹的还不大 |
[35:42] | is not that big, and if people start poking around, we’re done. | 要是周围人开始四处打听 我们就完了 |
[35:50] | And then, bang! | 然后 一切完了! |
[35:52] | He fires her for something she used to do. | 他因为她的经历解雇了她 |
[35:54] | It’s so hypocritical. | 真是虚伪 |
[35:55] | I mean, why not get mad at the kid’s father? | 为什么不去责怪孩子的爸爸? |
[35:58] | He obviously goes to double D’s. | 他自己看脱衣舞在先的 |
[36:02] | I just hope I didn’t get you into any trouble, Mrs. D. | Delfino夫人 希望我没给你带来麻烦 |
[36:04] | I feel awful. | 我感到很抱歉 |
[36:05] | No, no, no. This is not your fault. | 不 不 不 这不是你的错 |
[36:07] | When I’m sad, my mom gives me a big hug. | 我伤心的时候 妈妈都会拥抱我 |
[36:11] | Down, tiger. | 小伙子 把胳膊放下 |
[36:13] | What am I gonna do? I have no money for rent. | 我该怎么办? 没有租房子的钱 |
[36:15] | I’m just gonna end up homeless. | 我只想结束无家可归的日子 |
[36:17] | You know, maybe I should go and beg for my old job back. | 或许我该回去 看能不能要重操旧业 |
[36:20] | No, no, no. You can’t do that. | 不 不 不 可不能那么做 |
[36:21] | Quitting that place took a lot of guts. | 离开那地方需要胆量的 |
[36:28] | How do you feel about letting her move in here? | 让她搬进来怎么样? |
[36:31] | Julie’s gone. We have her empty room. | Julie不在 我们有间空房 |
[36:33] | It’s just until she gets on her feet. | 只要让她住到找到工作为止 |
[36:35] | You’re asking if I’m okay | 你是问我允许脱衣舞娘 |
[36:37] | with letting a stripper live with us? | 和我们住在一起吗? |
[36:38] | – I’m gonna go with no. – Why not? | – 我不同意 – 为什么? |
[36:40] | I have no idea. I’m just really sure this is a trick question. | 不知道 我只是真觉得这样子不好 |
[36:42] | She’s a nice girl, and she’s in trouble | 她是个好女孩 现在遇到麻烦了 |
[36:44] | You know, I think of myself | 你晓得的 我认为自己 |
[36:46] | as a good person who cares about others, | 是个关心他人的好人 |
[36:48] | and how often do I actually get to walk the walk? | 但有几次真的帮到了别人? |
[36:51] | This is an opportunity to really help someone. | 这可是真正帮助别人的机会 |
[36:55] | I want to do it. | 我想帮她 |
[37:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:01] | Okay, let’s go make ex-stripper | 那好 宣布这能让前脱衣舞娘和小儿子 |
[37:03] | and a little boy very happy. | 皆大欢喜的好消息 |
[37:10] | What’s this for? | 这用来做什么? |
[37:12] | The Lackeys’ 50th anniversary party. | Lackey夫妇结婚50周年聚会 |
[37:14] | Don’t you remember? | 不记得了吗? |
[37:15] | I’m sorry. I thought I’d be dead by now, | 抱歉 我本以为这时我已经死了 |
[37:18] | so I wasn’t paying much attention | 对我们的社交行程 |
[37:19] | to our social calendar. | 也没怎么留意 |
[37:21] | Well, regardless, you’re going. | 没关系 现在去就行了 |
[37:23] | And if you’re still around next Saturday, | 如果你下周六还在世的话 |
[37:25] | we’ve got brunch with my family. | 还要和我家人共进早午餐 |
[37:28] | Well, now you’re just daring me. | 你正在激怒我 |
[37:36] | Orson, Walter is about to make a toast. | Orson Walter要说祝酒词了 |
[37:40] | Don’t you want to hear it? | 你不想去听听吗? |
[37:42] | A speech about the joys of wedded bliss? | 关于婚姻幸福的祝酒词? |
[37:45] | Pass. | 不去 |
[37:54] | Walter and Shirley are about to dance | Walter和Shirley要跳一曲 |
[37:56] | to a song that was played at their wedding. | 曾在他们婚礼上的演奏的曲子 |
[37:57] | But before they do, Walter would like to say a few words. | 但这之前 Walter有几句话想说 |
[38:02] | I want to thank you all for coming. | 感谢大家的光临 |
[38:05] | But 50 years… Would it hardly seems possible? | 50年了… 有点难以置信吧? |
[38:08] | And now I’m not gonna lie to you | 我不会骗你们说 |
[38:10] | and say it’s always been easy. | 这些年过得很容易 |
[38:12] | I mean, we’ve had our share of tragedy | 我们曾共渡难关 |
[38:15] | and we’ve said a few things we wish we could take back. | 也曾说过刺痛对方的话语 |
[38:18] | But for the most part, we’ve been lucky, | 最重要的是 我们很幸运 |
[38:21] | because no matter how old we get, | 因为不管我们有多老 |
[38:23] | we’ve always been able to remember | 我们都会记得 |
[38:25] | what made us fall in love in the first place, right, hon? | 让我们共坠爱河的初衷 对吗 亲爱的? |
[38:29] | Aw. | 哇 |
[38:33] | # I love you # | |
[38:39] | # For sentimental reasons # | |
[38:46] | # I hope you do believe me # | |
[38:53] | # I’ll give you my heart # | |
[39:05] | Orson! | Orson啊! |
[39:11] | Orson! Stop! | Orson! 快停下! |
[39:12] | Don’t you dare throw yourself in that pool! | 你竟想跳水自尽! |
[39:16] | I want to die. Why can’t you let me? | 我想去死 你凭什么就不准? |
[39:19] | Because I want this, too. | 因为我也想要这场面 |
[39:21] | I want a party like this someday to celebrate our life together. | 想有一天也能办个聚会 庆祝我们的纪念日 |
[39:24] | What is there about our life to celebrate? | 我们有什么可纪念的? |
[39:27] | Look at Walter and Shirley in there. | 看看Walter和Shirley |
[39:29] | I was watching them dance with such passion in their eyes, | 他们跳舞时 我能看到他们眼中的激情 |
[39:32] | but I know they haven’t always been like that. | 但我知道 生活中的他们不总是那样 |
[39:34] | They’ve had their rough times, too, but they stuck it out. | 他们同样历经坎坷 但他们挺过来了 |
[39:37] | Because they’re in love. | 因为他们彼此相爱 |
[39:39] | I asked you if you loved me, and you couldn’t answer. | 我问过你是否爱我 你都无法作答 |
[39:44] | Fine. I’ll answer you now. | 那好 我回答你 |
[39:49] | I loved you once. | 我曾经爱过你 |
[39:51] | Can I love you again? | 我还能再次爱上你吗? |
[39:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:57] | But I would like to recapture what we once had. | 但我愿意重找我们曾经的爱恋 |
[40:05] | And how can we do that if you’re not here? | 可你若不在 我们怎么重找? |
[40:10] | So… I’m asking you… | 所以… 求求你… |
[40:15] | Please stay. | 留下来吧 |
[40:37] | In this never-ending drama we call life, | 在这部称作人生 不停上演的戏码中 |
[40:41] | everyone has a part to play. | 每个人的角色都很难扮演 |
[40:47] | Some are cast as romantic leads. | 有些人饰演浪漫主角 |
[40:52] | Others end up being the victim. | 有些人则以受害者剧终 |
[40:57] | And a few always provide comic relief. | 有些人用喜剧效果调节气氛 |
[41:02] | And then there are | 还有另外一些人 |
[41:04] | those who end up playing the hero… | 终究要扮演英雄的角色 |
[41:09] | Especially if they feel there’s a villain… | 尤其当他们发觉 |
[41:15] | who lives just across the street. | 街道对面住有反面人物 |