时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Desperate Housewives… | |
[00:02] | Principal Hobson just called, | Hobson校长来电话了 |
[00:03] | – And Juanita got accepted to Oakridge. – There was acceptance… | – Juanita被Oakridge录取了 – 有被录取的… |
[00:07] | I like the blunt Ana more than the cute Ana. | 比起可爱的Ana我更喜欢直言不讳的你 |
[00:10] | So you think I’m cute? | 那你觉得我很可爱? |
[00:12] | – A plea… – You have to let me help you, or I am gonna… | – 有请求的… – 你得让我帮你 否则我会… |
[00:14] | Or you won’t get into heaven? | 否则你不会升入天堂? |
[00:17] | – A breakdown… – Did you stab yourself? | – 有崩溃的… – 你是自己刺伤自己的对不对? |
[00:20] | I have to get to Mike! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! | 我得去找Mike! 喂! 喂! 喂! |
[00:22] | – No! – And a confrontation. | – 不! – 有要面对现实的 |
[00:25] | I don’t know how you feel, Lynette, | 我不知道你怎么想的 Lynette |
[00:26] | – Because you never talk about it! – We lost a kid. | – 因为你从来不跟我说! – 我们失去了一个孩子 |
[00:30] | How can saying this out loud be helpful? | 说出来又有什么帮助呢? |
[00:37] | If you want to throw | 如果你想办一场 |
[00:38] | a successful dinner party, | 成功的晚宴 |
[00:40] | There are certain rules that must be followed. | 你必须遵循以下几条规则 |
[00:44] | If the good silver is used, | 如果银制刀具用过 |
[00:46] | It must be polished. | 请擦亮它 |
[00:49] | If music is played, | 如果要来点音乐 |
[00:51] | The volume should be low. | 音量需低一些 |
[00:54] | If the guests bring wine, | 如果客人带了酒 |
[00:56] | It must be served. | 它就得上桌 |
[00:59] | And if the evening is to be truly successful… | 而真正成功的晚宴… |
[01:03] | There must be a toast. | 一定要有祝酒 |
[01:05] | To Lee. This dinner has been a total triumph. | 向Lee致敬 晚宴圆满成功 |
[01:08] | Aw. | 噢 |
[01:10] | Oh, Bob! | 噢 Bob! |
[01:11] | And it’s not over yet. I made a fruit tart for dessert. | 还没完哦 我还做了水果蛋挞当甜点 |
[01:14] | Ooh! | 噢! |
[01:15] | And in case any of you are diabetic, | 换了是些有糖尿病的人 |
[01:16] | Let me just say… It was nice knowing you. | 我只能说… 很庆幸我认识的是你们 |
[01:20] | No. Seriously, this is how we lost his cousin. | 不 说真的 他的表兄就是嗜甜致死的 |
[01:25] | Hey, Bob, where’s the whipped cream? | 嘿 Bob 奶油在哪? |
[01:26] | Oh. I totally forgot. | 哦 我给忘了 |
[01:29] | I was on my phone and I drove right past the store. | 经过商店的时候我正在讲电话 |
[01:31] | Of course, because it’s something that I needed. | 你当然会忘 因为这东西是我要的 |
[01:34] | I was working all day. If it was that important, | 我都工作一整天了 如果奶油那么重要的话 |
[01:36] | Why didn’t you just go out and get it? | 你怎么不自己去买呢? |
[01:38] | – Uh, I work, too. Selling houses is work. – House. | – 呃 我也在工作 我的工作是卖房子 – 卖房子 |
[01:43] | He’s sold one house in six months. | 半年来他就只卖出了一套房 |
[01:46] | Attacking. | 攻击 |
[01:51] | What… what’s that? | 那是什么? |
[01:54] | My feelings journal. | 我的情感日志 |
[01:58] | Lee and I are seeing this counselor. | 我和Lee这段时间在看心理医生 |
[02:00] | She has us write down our negative feelings | 她叫我们将负面情绪记录下来 |
[02:02] | to discuss in our sessions. | 作为治疗的参考 |
[02:06] | Seems like you got a lot of feelings there, Lee. | Lee 看来你有很多感触嘛 |
[02:09] | That’s volume three, with an entire chapter | 这都是第三本了 整章的中心思想 |
[02:11] | about me forgetting to put down the toilet seat. | 围绕着我忘了放下马桶座而展开 |
[02:14] | I thought that would be the one advantage | 我还以为不放马桶座 |
[02:16] | with two guys living together. | 是男人同居的好处之一 |
[02:17] | You’d think. | 本该是这样啊 |
[02:23] | Well, the good news is that you’re…you’re getting help. | 往好处想 现在你们有解决的方法 |
[02:26] | – You know, we should think about seeing someone. – What? | – 知道吗 我们也应该看下心理医生 – 什么? |
[02:30] | You know, to help us with our stuff. | 这能帮助我们解决问题 |
[02:33] | Can we talk about our stuff later? | 我们的事晚点儿再说行吗? |
[02:35] | We could, but you won’t. | 本来可以 但你不愿意啊 |
[02:38] | She… she never wants to talk. | 她从不肯好好谈谈 |
[02:42] | You know how I feel about therapy. | 我对心理治疗的看法你是知道的 |
[02:44] | It’s for weak, indulgent… | 去的都是些弱者 放纵之人… |
[02:48] | Straight people. You guys totally make it work. | 还有异性恋 你们俩完全不需要 |
[02:52] | I used to feel the same way about therapy. | 以前我对心理医生的看法跟你一样 |
[02:54] | But this lady… she’s really great. | 但这医生… 她真的很不错 |
[02:56] | Volume three? | 第三本? |
[02:58] | Can’t we give it a try? | 我们能不能试一试? |
[03:01] | I don’t need someone telling me how I feel, okay? | 我不需别人来解读我的想法 |
[03:03] | So could we just drop it? | 可以不谈这话题吗? |
[03:08] | And the number one rule for a successful dinner party? | 一场成功的晚宴的首要规则就是? |
[03:14] | After dessert, let’s karaoke! | 吃完甜点 我们唱卡拉OK吧! |
[03:16] | Keep discussion of your marriage | 尽量少在公共场合 |
[03:19] | to an absolute minimum. | 谈论婚姻话题 |
[03:24] | ……………. | |
[03:33] | Dr. Brent Avedon was the head of psychology | Brent Avedon博士是紫藤巷健康中心的 |
[03:36] | at the fairview health center. | 首席心理专家 |
[03:40] | He spent his days treating antisocial adolescents, | 他日常工作对象包括 愤世嫉俗的青少年 |
[03:45] | Delusional dowagers… | 患妄想症的贵妇… |
[03:49] | And bipolar businessmen. | 以及有躁郁症的商人 |
[03:54] | But lately, his most interesting patient | 但最近 最让他感兴趣的病人 |
[03:57] | was a housewife | 是一个患有精神崩溃的 |
[04:00] | Who’d had a nervous breakdown. | 家庭主妇 |
[04:04] | I was just so lonely. | 我太孤单了 |
[04:06] | And then one day, | 然后有一天 |
[04:08] | Along came this wonderful man… | 我遇见了个魅力四射的男人… |
[04:11] | A man who made me laugh, | 他能逗我笑 |
[04:14] | who gave me hope again… | 能让我重燃希望… |
[04:18] | and who turned out to be in love with someone else. | 最后却发现 他心有所属 |
[04:24] | So I went back to being lonely. | 所以我又回到了从前孤独的生活 |
[04:28] | Only it was worse now because… | 最糟糕的是… |
[04:32] | He wasn’t really gone. | 他并没走得远远的 |
[04:34] | He was across the street, | 他就住在街对面 |
[04:37] | Holding her hand, | 整天牵着她的手 |
[04:39] | Laughing with her. | 和她一起笑 |
[04:43] | So one day… | 于是有一天… |
[04:47] | I pretended, | 我假装 |
[04:49] | Just for a second… | 就一小会… |
[04:53] | That it wasn’t her hand he was holding. | 他牵的手不是她的 |
[05:01] | It was mine. | 而是我的 |
[05:04] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[05:06] | And that’s how the fantasies started? | 这就是幻像的开始? |
[05:12] | When I was hurting, | 在我伤心的时候 |
[05:12] | I would let myself imagine that he was there with me. | 我幻想着他就在我身边 |
[05:19] | But then those moments started to… | 然后这种幻想开始变得… |
[05:23] | mean more to me than what was real. | 比现实生活更重要 |
[05:27] | So… | 因此… |
[05:31] | I just let myself have them. | 我放任自己沉浸于幻想 |
[05:33] | I let them take over. | 不能自拔 |
[05:37] | What about now? | 那现在呢? |
[05:37] | Do you feel that the medication is helping you? | 药物治疗有没有让你好一点? |
[05:46] | Well, I certainly have a firmer grasp on reality now. | 呃 现在肯定是比以前更能接受现实 |
[05:51] | I can see things, | 长久以来 |
[05:53] | for the first time in a long while, | 我还是头一次没有活在 |
[05:55] | very clearly. | 幻像之中 |
[05:58] | That’s great. | 那很好 |
[06:00] | No. | 不 |
[06:02] | Not really. | 一点都不好 |
[06:05] | Because now I can see what I’ve done to my life. | 因为我现在能看到我以前的所作所为 |
[06:10] | And… | 还有… |
[06:15] | How I’ve ruined it. | 被我所破坏的一切 |
[06:22] | – Okay, Orson, it’s time for me to give you your bath. – Not now. | – Orson 该给你洗澡了 – 现在不行 |
[06:29] | Orson, you haven’t bathed in over a week. | Orson 你都一个多星期没洗澡了 |
[06:32] | Now I don’t want to do this any more than you do, | 我可没你那么能忍 |
[06:34] | But frankly, you’re getting a little ripe. | 老实说 你身上臭死了 |
[06:37] | I said I don’t want a bath. | 我说了我不想洗澡 |
[06:39] | Well, it’s not about what you want anymore. | 呃 现在可不是你想不想的问题 |
[06:41] | It’s a matter of preserving the drapes. | 你臭得连衣服都要长虫子了 |
[06:44] | To have another human being bathe me is humiliating. | 要别人给我洗澡是种耻辱 |
[06:49] | Here. | 给 |
[06:50] | – What’s this? – A list of things I need at the store. | – 这是什么? – 这是我需要东西的清单 |
[06:53] | I just went to the store for you an hour ago. Can’t it wait? | 一小时前我已经给你买了东西了 这些就不能等等? |
[06:56] | No. I need these items immediately. | 不行 我现在就需要这些东西 |
[06:59] | It’s urgent. | 很紧急的 |
[07:01] | Orson, how are cornnuts urgent? | Orson 烤玉米粒能有多紧急? |
[07:06] | I’m sorry, Bree. | 抱歉啊 Bree |
[07:08] | I just thought that since you played a major part | 我只是觉得既然我坐轮椅这事儿 |
[07:11] | in putting me in this chair, | 你负主要责任 |
[07:12] | you’d want to play a small part in making my new life tolerable. | 那你还得尽点责任 让我往后的生活没这么难熬 |
[07:19] | Give me the list. | 把单子给我 |
[07:23] | Better yet | 你最好把它 |
[07:24] | leave it on the table and then back away. | 放桌子上 然后闪远点 |
[07:34] | Hey, teach. | 嗨 老师 |
[07:35] | Hi! | 嗨! |
[07:38] | I just dropped off Juanita for her first day. | 我刚送Juanita去上学 今天是第一天 |
[07:41] | She’s a little nervous. | 她有点紧张 |
[07:42] | Aw, she’s gonna love it here. The teachers are great. | 哦 她会爱上这里的 老师们都很棒的 |
[07:45] | – So what animal is she? – Excuse me? | – 她属于哪个动物组? – 什么? |
[07:47] | Oh, they test the kids | 哦 他们测试过这些孩子们 |
[07:48] | and they place them in groups according to their level. | 然后根据不同的水平 把他们分为几组 |
[07:51] | In math, there’s leopards, chipmunks, giraffes. | 数学程度上分有豹子 花栗鼠 和长颈鹿 |
[07:54] | It should be in her folder. | 她档案上应该写着有 |
[07:57] | Oh, she’s a leopard. | 喔 她属于豹子 |
[07:59] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:02] | What’s M.J.? | 那M.J.呢? |
[08:04] | He’s a giraffe. | 他是长颈鹿 |
[08:05] | Oh. So… | 哦 那么 … |
[08:08] | Which is the advanced group? | 哪个组别高级一点呢? |
[08:11] | No one knows. | 没人知道 |
[08:12] | They won’t even tell me. | 他们甚至都不告诉我 |
[08:13] | Principal Hobson feels that if the parents find out, | Hobson校长认为如果家长们知道了 |
[08:16] | they’ll freak and get all competitive. | 他们就会反应过度 然后开始竞争 |
[08:20] | That’s crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[08:22] | Who cares? | 谁在乎呢? |
[08:23] | Exactly. | 那确实 |
[08:28] | Leopards are the morons, aren’t they? | 豹子组代表笨小孩 是吧? |
[08:31] | No. I … I didn’t say that. | 不是 我可没这么说 |
[08:34] | Yeah, you did. | 是的 你说了 |
[08:35] | When I asked about M.J., you were like, “he’s a giraffe!” | 当我问M.J.的时候 你是这样的 “他是长颈鹿!” |
[08:37] | And then I said Juita was a leopard, | 然后当我说Juanita是豹子 |
[08:39] | – and you were like, “oh.” – You’re just jumping to conclusions. | – 你却这样 说”哦” – 你太早下结论了 |
[08:47] | You know something. | 你知道些什么 |
[08:48] | Spill it! | 说出来! |
[08:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:52] | Uh, I don’t know for sure. | 呃 我不是很肯定 |
[08:55] | But I teach these kids, and it’s pretty obvious. | 但是我教他们 很明显 |
[08:58] | We were making paper sheet globes… | 我们用纸做地球 |
[09:02] | This… | 这个… |
[09:03] | is Rachel Miller. | 是Rachel Miller的 |
[09:05] | Damn, that’s good. | 天哪 这么好 |
[09:06] | Huh. She’s a giraffe. | 呃 她是长颈鹿组 |
[09:09] | And this is Wendy Benson. | 这个是Wendy Benson的 |
[09:12] | Okay. | 还行 |
[09:13] | Chipmunk. | 花栗鼠组 |
[09:15] | And this one was made by Adam Hunter | 这是Adam Hunter的 |
[09:19] | A leopard. | 豹子组 |
[09:22] | My god, it looks like an actual leopard made it. | 天哪 看起来真像是豹子做的 |
[09:26] | There’s nothing wrong with being a leopard. | 就算是豹子组也没关系的 |
[09:28] | They’re very important here. | 他们在这里很重要的 |
[09:30] | They… move the cafeteria tables, | 他们… 能搬餐厅里的桌子 |
[09:33] | excellent door holders. | 优秀的”把门员” |
[09:36] | This isn’t fair. | 太不公平了 |
[09:38] | Gaby, w… we have a saying around here. | Gaby 我们… 我们这里有个说法 |
[09:40] | “It’s the pace, not the race.” | “这只是步伐的快慢 与竞赛无关” |
[09:42] | I know my daughter. She is all giraffe. | 我了解我女儿 她肯定是长颈鹿 |
[09:45] | I’m gonna go talk to the principal. | 我要去跟校长谈谈 |
[09:48] | Um… | 呃… |
[09:49] | Y…you don’t push. You… | 你…不要推 应该… |
[09:54] | Sorry. My daughter wasn’t here to hold it for me. | 抱歉 因为我女儿没在这儿给我把门 |
[10:03] | Jeez, Lynette | 啊 Lynette |
[10:05] | Dinner’s ready. Go wash up. | 晚饭好了 去洗洗手吧 |
[10:07] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[10:09] | It’s nothing. It’s, uh… it’s, uh… it’s personal. | 没什么 是… 呃… 是私事 |
[10:13] | Personal? | 私事? |
[10:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:16] | And I think it’s important that we respect each other’s boundaries | 我觉得尊重彼此的隐私是很重要的 |
[10:19] | This morning, you walked in and sat on the toilet | 今天早上 我在刮腿毛 |
[10:21] | while I shaved my legs. | 你就这么进来 一屁股坐在马桶上 |
[10:23] | We have no boundaries. | 我们可没什么隐私 |
[10:26] | – Attacking. – What? | – 攻击 – 什么? |
[10:28] | You sound just like Bob and… oh! Oh! Oh, my god! | 你这话真像Bob的口吻 哦! 哦! 哦! 天哪! |
[10:32] | Is that a feelings journal? | 那是不是本情感日志? |
[10:33] | If you must know, yes, it is. | 你非要问个明白 没错就是这个 |
[10:36] | I started seeing their therapist. | 我开始看心理治疗师了 |
[10:39] | – Why didn’t you tell me? – Because I wanted to talk to someone, | – 怎么不告诉我? – 因为我想跟别人谈谈 |
[10:42] | and I didn’t need your ridicule. | 但是不想听你的嘲讽 |
[10:45] | Are you talking about the baby? | 你谈了孩子了? |
[10:47] | It started out about that. | 就是由这个开始的 |
[10:48] | But now we’re on to, um… other things. | 但是现在我们开始谈… 别的事情了 |
[10:52] | Other things? You mean like me? | 别的事情? 你是说谈论我? |
[10:55] | I might’ve mentioned you once or twice. | 我可能提过你一两次 |
[10:57] | Once or twice? Uh-huh. | 一两次? 啊哈 |
[10:59] | I bet if we downed a shot every time we read the name “Lynette”, | 我敢说 要是每念到Lynette这名字 我们就喝一口酒 |
[11:02] | we’d be hammered by page two. | 那我们的酒债都还不清了 |
[11:06] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[11:07] | Oh, no, no. No way. | 哦 不 不 没门儿 |
[11:13] | But if you’re really interested in what’s in here, | 但是如果你真对这里面的内容感兴趣 |
[11:16] | you can always join me in therapy. | 你可以跟我一起去看治疗师 |
[11:18] | Like hell. | 绝不 |
[11:21] | Fine. | 好 |
[11:23] | Then I guess you’ll just have to wait for the movie. | 那你能等到这日记被拍成电影再看 |
[11:32] | Here we go. | 来啦 |
[11:35] | Thanks again for having me. This all looks delicious. | 再次谢谢你邀请我 这些看起来都很好吃 |
[11:38] | Oh, it’s your first night over. | 哦 这是你第一次过来吃晚饭 |
[11:39] | I wanted to make you a traditional Italian meal… | 我想给你做点传统的意大利食物… |
[11:41] | rigatoni with sausage, chicken parm. | 香肠通心粉 芝士烤鸡 |
[11:44] | Just salad would be great. | 就沙拉就可以啦 |
[11:45] | Oh, screw the salad. That came out of a bag. | 吃什么沙拉呢 就是袋子里装的 现成的 |
[11:48] | This rigatoni came from my heart. | 这通心粉是我用心烹调的 |
[11:51] | To be honest, I don’t eat carbs. | 老实说 我不吃碳水化合物 |
[11:54] | Oh, but you’ll make an exception tonight | 哦 但是你今晚要例外 |
[11:56] | ‘Cause I’ve been sweating over the stove all day. | 为了做这些菜 我可是在�h炉旁忙活了一整天 |
[11:58] | Ma, let it go. She’s watching her weight. | 妈妈 算啦 她在保持身材呢 |
[12:01] | Her weight? If I put the air conditioner on high, | 身材? 如果我把空调调低点 |
[12:03] | it’ll blow her across the room. | 就会把她吹得在房间里乱飞了 |
[12:05] | I just have to be careful. | 我得注意点 |
[12:07] | as soon as a graduate high school, | 因为高中一毕业 |
[12:08] | – I’m going to New York to be a model. – Oh. No college? | – 我就去纽约做模特 – 不上大学? |
[12:12] | Are you kidding? And miss my prime modeling years? | 你在开玩笑吧? 错过我在模特界的黄金几年? |
[12:18] | What? I think it’s great. It takes guts to follow a dream. | 呃? 我觉得很棒啊 追梦是需要勇气的 |
[12:23] | Yeah, it’s great, but it’d be nice | 是 是不错 但从事什么行业 |
[12:26] | to have something other than the porn industry | 也比从事这种 |
[12:28] | – to fall back on. – Ma. | – 色情业强 – 妈 |
[12:32] | What? I’m not saying that’s gonna happen. | 什么? 我也没说这是必定的 |
[12:33] | – But, you know, a lot of models do end up that way. – I know it’s risky, | – 但是 很多模特最后都走上了那条路 – 我知道有风险 |
[12:38] | but I’m really passionate about this. | 但是我真的对这个很感兴趣 |
[12:40] | And I think that the best way to be successful in life | 并且我认为想要成功 最好的方式 |
[12:43] | is to do what you’re passionate about. | 就是做你所热爱的 |
[12:45] | That’s why I keep telling Danny to pursue his poetry. | 这也正是我让Danny坚持他的诗歌创作的原因 |
[12:50] | Poetry? | 诗歌? |
[12:51] | Yeah. It’s amazing, right? | 恩 很棒 对吧? |
[12:53] | I wouldn’t know. | 我都不知道 |
[12:54] | I’m too busy cooking food nobody’s gonna eat. | 我在忙着做没人愿意吃的食物 |
[12:58] | Danny, why didn’t you ever show me your poetry? | Danny 为何你从未向我秀过你的诗? |
[13:00] | It’s no big deal. | 这没什么 |
[13:02] | Danny, it’s great. | Danny 你的诗很棒 |
[13:03] | I keep telling him he should come to New York with me | 我一直叫他和我一起去纽约 |
[13:05] | so he can really focus on his writing. | 那样他可以专注于写作 |
[13:08] | Wow. A model and a poet. | 哇 模特与诗人 |
[13:12] | So while you’re doin’ porn, he can make the dialogue rhyme. | 那么你拍毛片 他可以帮你写台词 |
[13:18] | This is why I don’t tell her stuff. | 这就是为啥我不跟她说事儿 |
[13:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:25] | I’m sorry. I was just trying to make a joke. | 抱歉 我只是开个玩笑 |
[13:28] | Let’s get back to dinner, huh? | 继续吃晚饭吧 |
[13:31] | Oh, no. I’m good. | 哦 不用了 我很饱 |
[13:34] | Carbs. Mnh-mnh. | 碳水化合物 免了 |
[13:42] | Oh, I’ll be out running errands today, | 哦 我今天要出去办事 |
[13:44] | so you’ll have to let the physical therapist in | 所以理疗师来的时候 |
[13:46] | when she arrives. | 你得让她进来 |
[13:48] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[13:50] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[13:51] | There’s no strawberries. | 没有草莓 |
[13:53] | You know I like strawberries with my waffles. | 你知道我喜欢华夫饼配草莓 |
[13:55] | I am sorry. They’re right here. There you go. | 对不起 放这儿了 给你 |
[13:58] | Strawberries. Enjoy. | 草莓 慢用 |
[14:02] | I need whipped cream. | 我要奶油 |
[14:05] | Unless you think the strawberries | 除非你认为草莓会 |
[14:07] | are gonna magically stick to the waffles by themselves. | 神奇地自己粘在华夫饼上 |
[14:13] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[14:31] | Not so fast. | 别急 |
[14:34] | Say “please.” | 说”请” |
[14:36] | I will not. Now give me my breakfast. | 我才不 现在把早餐给我 |
[14:38] | Orson, I am happy to do whatever you ask, | Orson 你叫我做什么我都乐意 |
[14:40] | but I will not treated like a slave. | 但我不想像奴隶一样被对待 |
[14:42] | Now say “please.” | 现在 说”请” |
[14:50] | Now that I look at your waffle, | 现在我看着你的华夫饼 |
[14:52] | I understand why you’re so eager to have it. | 我明白你为什么这么想吃 |
[14:59] | Bree… | |
[15:01] | You know the magic word. It has six letters. | 你知道通关咒语的 只有六个字母 |
[15:05] | I know a word that has three. | 我知道一个三个字母的 |
[15:06] | If you don’t give me my food, I’m gonna shot that fork up it. | 如果你不把吃的给我 我就用叉子弄烂它 |
[15:12] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[15:13] | Mmm! Mmm! | 嗯! 嗯! |
[15:15] | You can have it when you’re ready to be polite. | 你只有学会礼貌才能得到食物 |
[15:24] | Mr. Hobson, my daughter is incredibly bright. | Hobson先生 我女儿聪慧过人 |
[15:27] | I just need to know if she’s in the advanced classes. | 我只想知道她是否在优秀学生之中 |
[15:29] | You know that we have a policy not to disclose that. | 你知道我们有规定 恕不能透露 |
[15:33] | Oh, you don’t have to say anything. | 哦 你不必开口 |
[15:34] | Just blink when I mention the smart group. Leopard. | 只要在我提到优秀组的组名时眨下眼 豹子组 |
[15:37] | – Mrs. Solis… – Wait, was that a blink or a twitch? | – Solis夫人… – 等等 刚才是眨眼还是抽搐? |
[15:40] | I can’t tell. You seem very nervous. | 我分不清 你好像很紧张 |
[15:41] | You see, this is exactly why we don’t tell the parents. | 你瞧 这正是我们不告诉家长的原因 |
[15:45] | They start behaving irrationally. | 他们会有一些荒唐的举动 |
[15:49] | And stop trying to read things on my desk upside-down. | 不要试图从我桌上读到什么信息 |
[15:54] | What is the big deal? I just need to know | 有什么大不了的? 我只想知道 |
[15:56] | – if my daughter’s gonna succeed in life. – She’s 7. | – 我女儿的人生是否成功 – 她才7岁 |
[16:00] | Now I suggest that you stop prying | 现在我建议你别再打听了 |
[16:01] | and just be proud of her no matter what group she’s in. | 而且无论她在哪一组 都为她感到骄傲 |
[16:06] | I am proud of her, and I don’t pry. | 我为她而骄傲 我不打听了 |
[16:13] | By the way, enjoy your colonoscopy on the 16th. | 顺带一句 希望你16号的结肠镜检查愉快 |
[16:22] | Mom. What are you doing here? | 妈 你在这里干嘛? |
[16:24] | I was just having a nice get-to-know-you chat | 我刚和校长进行了一次愉快的 |
[16:26] | with the principal. Who are your friends? | “让我认识你”的谈话 这是你的朋友们吗? |
[16:28] | Um, this is Wendy and Rachel. | 嗯 这是Wendy和Rachel |
[16:31] | We’re in math together. | 我们一起上数学课 |
[16:32] | Ah! Wait a minute. I think I saw your art projects. | 啊 等一下 我刚看过你们的美术课作品 |
[16:36] | Wendy, you’re a chipmunk, right? | Wendy 你是花栗鼠组 对吗? |
[16:38] | And, Rachel, you’re a giraffe? | Rachel你是长颈鹿组吧? |
[16:40] | Oh, okay. | 哦 好了 |
[16:44] | You know what I would love to do? | 你们知道我想做什么吗? |
[16:46] | Is take a picture with Juanita and her friends. | 就是为Juanita和她的朋友们拍照 |
[16:51] | And, uh, you know what would be really cute? | 那么 你们知道怎样才更可爱吗? |
[16:53] | Is if you hold up your math homework. | 就是你们举着自己的数学作业 |
[17:04] | Got it. | 好了 |
[17:05] | But I wasn’t smiling. | 但我还没笑呢 |
[17:07] | Yeah? Well, it’s a tough world out there. | 是吗? 外面的世界很险恶 |
[17:08] | Not much to smile about. Have a great day! | 也没什么值得笑的 祝你们愉快! |
[17:13] | Your mom’s weird. | 你妈好奇怪 |
[17:15] | You have no idea. | 一言难尽啊 |
[17:30] | Orson? | |
[17:31] | I’m letting myself in. | 我自己进来了 |
[17:34] | Time for your therapy. | 理疗时间到了 |
[17:37] | Help me! | 帮帮我! |
[17:40] | Oh! | 哦! |
[17:41] | Help. | 帮帮我 |
[17:44] | Oh! Dear lord! | 哦! 天呐! |
[17:46] | Orson! | |
[17:47] | Oh! What happened? | 哦! 发生什么事了? |
[17:48] | Oh! Joyce. | 哦! Joyce |
[17:50] | Oh! | 哦! |
[17:51] | Well, I was trying to get those waffles, | 我试着去拿华夫饼 |
[17:54] | and I fell out of my chair. | 然后就从椅子上跌下来了 |
[17:56] | W… w… what are they doing up there? | 它们… 怎么被放得那么高? |
[18:00] | Starving him? | 故意饿他? |
[18:01] | – That’s ridiculous. – Really? | – 这太荒谬了 – 是吗? |
[18:04] | So you don’t torment him by putting food out of his reach? | 那你并没有把食物放在他够不到的地方 来折磨他咯? |
[18:07] | Oh. Well, you kinda had to be there for that. | 哦 那个 你不知道当时那个情况 |
[18:10] | Can someone please get me a piece of bread? | 请问有人可以给我一片面包吗? |
[18:12] | Orson, for god sakes! Stop that! | Orson 看在上帝的份上 别装了! |
[18:15] | Please hit me in the legs this time. There’s no feeling there. | 这次请打在我的腿上吧 那里不会感到痛 |
[18:19] | Mrs. Hodge, may I speak to you privately for a moment? | Hodge 太太 可以单独和你聊一下吗? |
[18:30] | You… you have to believe me. I would never hit my husband. | 你… 你一定要相信我 我可不会打我丈夫 |
[18:34] | I sensed him being a little dramatic. But with holding food? | 我知道他最近有点情绪化 但你连吃的都不给? |
[18:38] | The whole thing started because he refused to say please… | 今天这事儿的起因完全是因为他不肯说”请”… |
[18:43] | which I know sounds rather petty, | 我知道这听上去很牵强 |
[18:45] | but you have to understand. He has been impossible lately. | 但你一定要理解 他最近有点让人难以忍受 |
[18:49] | The man is facing life in a wheelchair. | 这男人面对的是坐轮椅的生活 |
[18:52] | He’s mad at the world, | 他对整个世界不满 |
[18:53] | and unfortunately, he’s taking it out on you. | 不幸的是 他都发泄在了你身上 |
[18:59] | Look… | 听着… |
[19:00] | I know this is not easy. | 我知道这不容易 |
[19:02] | But until he comes to accept this, | 但直到他接受这个事实之前 |
[19:05] | you’re gonna have to figure out how to be more patient. | 你必须想办法让自己更有耐心 |
[19:09] | And if you can’t, it’s my obligation to report it. | 如果你不能 我有义务把这事儿上报 |
[19:16] | Oh, and give the man a bath. | 还有 给他洗个澡 |
[19:19] | Physical therapy shouldn’t require gloves. | 我可不想理疗还得戴手套 |
[19:28] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[19:29] | You weren’t home when they tried to deliver this, | 他们送这个来的时候你不在家 |
[19:30] | – so I signed for it. – Yeah, we just… we had, uh, we saw an ad for… | – 所以我代收了 – 哦 我们只是… 看了个广告… |
[19:36] | Honest to god, don’t need to know. | 天知地知 我不需要知道 |
[19:38] | Good. Um… | 很好 嗯… |
[19:40] | Ah, look. | 啊 瞧 |
[19:46] | Looks like somebody got a new girlfriend. | 好像某人有新女友了 |
[19:49] | Yeah, not for long. | 是啊 不会久的 |
[19:51] | I do not approve. | 我不同意 |
[19:53] | Ah. You don’t approve, and she’s got a body | 啊 你不同意 她却有着一副 |
[19:56] | That would make the pope walk through a sliding glass door. | 让教皇看到都会撞门的迷人身材 |
[19:59] | Gosh, who’s gonna win? | 上帝啊 谁会赢呢? |
[20:00] | He is my kid. If I don’t think she is good for him, | 他是我儿子 如果我觉得她不配 |
[20:02] | I will do whatever I have to do. | 我会用尽一切办法 |
[20:04] | which will drive him towards her and away from you. | 那只会让他远离你 而靠近她 |
[20:10] | Look, I know what it’s like | 听着 我知道当一个母亲 |
[20:11] | when a mom hates the hottie her son loves. | 痛恨她儿子看上的辣妹时的那种感觉 |
[20:13] | Bob’s mom hated me. Ugh. | Bob的母亲讨厌我 呃 |
[20:16] | Huh. I always thought that Bob was | 哈 我一直以为Bob是… |
[20:18] | The point is, | 关键是 |
[20:19] | she overplayed her hand and made Bob choose between us. | 她管得太多 还让Bob在我们中间二选一 |
[20:24] | And the long story short, | 长话短说 |
[20:25] | I’m cuddling up with Bob every night. | 我是Bob的枕边人 |
[20:26] | And where’s mama? Nursing home. | 而他母亲在哪里? 疗养院 |
[20:28] | How’d she get there? Don’t know. Can’t remember. | 她怎么来这儿的? 不知道 记不住了 |
[20:31] | It’s just… I don’t know this girl. | 只是… 我不了解这个女孩 |
[20:33] | And I… I… I don’t know if I can trust her. | 而且我… 我… 我不知道能不能相信她 |
[20:35] | Well, then you better get to know her. | 那你最好去了解她一下 |
[20:38] | I’d hate to see you lose your son | 我不希望你失去儿子 |
[20:39] | because you’re afraid to share him. | 是因为害怕和别人分享他 |
[20:43] | Get outta here. | 你走吧 |
[20:48] | Carlos, did you get the pictures I sent you? | Carlos 收到我发给你的照片了吗? |
[20:51] | You’re as beautiful as the day we met. | 你和我们初见的时候一样漂亮 |
[20:53] | Time hasn’t touched you at all. | 时间没在你身上留下一点痕迹 |
[20:55] | Not of me… Of the math homework. | 不是我… 是数学作业 |
[20:58] | What? | 什么? |
[20:59] | Here. | 这里 |
[21:01] | This assignment looks easy, doesn’t it? | 这作业看起来很简单 是吧? |
[21:03] | Pretty basic, yeah. | 很基础 没错 |
[21:05] | And look at this one with the multiplication. | 看看这个乘法作业 |
[21:08] | Little more complicated, right? | 复杂了一点 是吧? |
[21:10] | I guess. | 我想是 |
[21:12] | And this one… | 还有这个… |
[21:15] | Word problems. Fractions. | 文字题 有分数了 |
[21:16] | – This is the hardest one, isn’t it? – Looks like it. So? | – 这是最难的 对吧? – 好像是 怎么了? |
[21:19] | Carlos, this is the leopard’s homework. | Carlos 这是豹子的作业 |
[21:24] | Well, that cleared that up. | 很好 这下明白了 |
[21:26] | No. Don’t you get it? Our daughter is a leopard. She’s in the advanced class. | 不 你没明白吗? 咱们的女儿是”豹子” 她在高级班了 |
[21:30] | Hey! Good for her. | 嘿! 她真行 |
[21:33] | Oh, poor Susan. | 哦 可怜的Susan |
[21:36] | Yeah? Why? | 嗯? 为什么? |
[21:37] | Well, she was convinced that M.J.’s brilliant, | 她确信M.J.很聪明 |
[21:40] | and it turns out he’s in the slow group. | 结果他却只进了慢班 |
[21:43] | I’d hate for her to find out. | 我真不希望她知道这件事 |
[21:46] | – Gaby, you are not telling her. – Why not? | – Gaby 你不能告诉她 – 为什么? |
[21:48] | She didn’t have any trouble telling me | 她说Juanita像那些伪劣商品的时候 |
[21:50] | she thought Juanita was one thermos short of a lunch box. | 可没什么不好意思的 |
[21:52] | She said that? | 她那么说了? |
[21:53] | Yes. With her tone. | 对 亲口说的 |
[21:57] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[21:58] | Well, we’ve had enough drama with the neighbors lately, | 我们最近和邻居间事情已经够多了 |
[22:00] | So just drop it. | 所以别提了吧 |
[22:02] | Fine, I’ll drop it. But just so you know, | 好吧 我不提了 但是告诉你 |
[22:04] | I like you better when you’re reading the newspaper, | 我喜欢你读报纸 假装听我说话的时候 |
[22:06] | – pretending to listen. – Sure, take whatever you need. | – 更多一点 – 当然 想要什么就拿去吧 |
[22:22] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么? |
[22:25] | I told them I don’t want any visitors. | 我说了不想任何人探望我 |
[22:27] | Who says I’m visiting? Maybe I’m bonkers, too. | 谁说我来探望你了? 也许我也是精神病呢 |
[22:31] | Gonna eat the apple sauce? | 要吃苹果酱? |
[22:38] | Remember when my gout flared up and I couldn’t walk? | 记得我痛风发作没法走路的时候吗? |
[22:43] | And you used to come over to see me? | 那时你经常来看我? |
[22:47] | I figured I owe ya. | 我想我欠你的 |
[22:48] | Debt paid. Goodbye. | 账还清了 再见 |
[22:50] | I see you got your charming personality back. | 我发现你那吸引人的性格又回来了 |
[22:53] | So… when are you gonna be coming back home? | 那么… 你什么时候回家? |
[22:58] | What makes you think I would ever come back? | 你为什么觉得我会回去? |
[23:00] | After what I did to those people? No. They hate me. | 在我如此对待那些人以后? 不 他们恨我 |
[23:04] | Take it from the reigning odd duck on the lane | 就当做是脑子一时进水吧… |
[23:07] | Nobody cares about all that silly stuff. | 没人在意那些傻事 |
[23:09] | Oh, you’re right. Bree and I can just laugh, laugh, laugh | 哦 说的没错 Bree和我可以一直笑啊 笑啊 笑啊 |
[23:13] | about silly me nearly destroying her business. | 笑愚蠢的我差点毁了她的生意 |
[23:16] | And I’ll tell Susan | 我可以跟Susan说 |
[23:17] | that I was just joshing about trying to wreck her marriage. | 我破坏她的婚姻是开玩笑的 |
[23:19] | Yeah. Okay. Okay. | 好了 行了 行了 |
[23:21] | Oh, and I’ll bet Mike is still chuckling | 哦 我打赌 Mike一定还觉得 |
[23:22] | about me getting him thrown in jail. | 我把他送进监狱的事好笑 |
[23:24] | Will you listen? Kathy, I’m serious. | 你能听我说话吗? Kathy 我是认真的 |
[23:28] | I’m willing to bet | 我愿意打赌 |
[23:29] | there’s more forgiveness there than you imagine. | 你能得到的原谅 比想象的多多了 |
[23:33] | In that case, you know what? | 如果那样的话 你知道吗? |
[23:35] | What? | 什么? |
[23:36] | Maybe you are bonkers. | 也许你是精神病 |
[23:49] | Hey, hon. | 嘿 亲爱的 |
[23:50] | Look who’s here. | 看看谁来了 |
[23:52] | Hey, Susan. What’s up? | 嘿 Susan 怎么了? |
[23:54] | I was going through some of M.J.’s stuff, | 我刚刚检查了些M.J.的东西 |
[23:55] | And I found these math workbooks from last year. | 找到了这些去年的数学练习册 |
[23:57] | I thought Juanita would find them helpful. | 我觉得Juanita会用得着 |
[24:00] | Well… | 那么… |
[24:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:06] | No problem. I thought it might help her catch up. | 没问题 我想这会帮助她赶上来的 |
[24:12] | Catch up? | 赶上来? |
[24:13] | Yeah. You know, from when she was out of school. | 对 你知道的 她没上学的那段时间 |
[24:17] | She was never out of school. | 她一直都在上学 |
[24:19] | I was homeschooling her. | 我在家里教她 |
[24:21] | And I know you did the best you could. | 我知道你尽力了 |
[24:24] | But now she has professional teachers, | 但她现在有专业老师了 |
[24:25] | and I bet she’s gonna catch up to M.J. in no time. | 我相信她会很快赶上M.J.的 |
[24:33] | Get her. | 告诉她 |
[24:36] | Well, Susan… | 呃 Susan… |
[24:38] | Ahem. By the way, did you hear? | 嗯 顺便说一句 你听说了吗? |
[24:40] | Leopards are the advanced students. | 豹子是优等生 |
[24:43] | What? | 什么? |
[24:44] | Yeah. It’s true. Chipmunks are average. | 对 是真的 花栗鼠是中等生 |
[24:46] | And giraffes… | 而长颈鹿… |
[24:47] | Well, those cafeteria tables aren’t gonna move themselves. | 呃 那些餐桌可没法自己移动 |
[24:52] | How do you know this? | 你怎么知道的? |
[24:54] | I got a copy of each group’s homework. | 我有每组家庭作业的复件 |
[24:56] | Trust me. I cracked the code. | 相信我 我破解了代号 |
[24:58] | So that means that M.J.’s not in the… | 所以 这就是说M.J.没在… |
[25:01] | Hey, but you said it yourself it’s no big deal. | 嘿 但是你自己说过 这没什么大不了的 |
[25:03] | “it’s the pace, not the race,” right? | “进步重于比较” 对吧? |
[25:06] | Right. | 对 |
[25:07] | Oh, and please, don’t say anything to anyone. | 哦 拜托 别对其他人说什么 |
[25:10] | You know how competitive some parents can get. | 你知道有些家长很爱比较 |
[25:13] | Huh. Yeah. | 嗯 好 |
[25:15] | All too well. | 我会的 |
[25:22] | I’m finished. Can I have my milk and cookies now? | 我吃完了 现在可以喝牛奶吃甜点了吗? |
[25:30] | Sure, sweetie. | 当然可以 宝贝 |
[25:32] | You have some pasta stuck to the right side of your face. | 你右面脸上沾到意大利面了 |
[25:36] | No, sweetie. Your right. | 不对 宝贝 你右边 |
[25:41] | Oh, never mind. | 哦 算了 |
[25:44] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 大家好 |
[25:45] | Mike, can you help me take out the trash? | Mike 你能帮我把垃圾扔出去吗? |
[25:47] | Sure. | 当然 |
[25:49] | Never mind that. | 别管那个 |
[25:53] | Okay, so he’s a giraffe. | 好吧 他是只长颈鹿 |
[25:55] | You know, there’s nothing wrong with being average. | 当个中等生没什么大不了的 |
[25:57] | No chipmunks are average. | 不 花栗鼠是中等生 |
[25:59] | How many times do I have to tell you? | 我得告诉你几遍才行? |
[26:00] | Leopards, chipmunks, giraffes. | 豹子 花栗鼠 长颈鹿 |
[26:04] | I love him so much, Mike. | 我那么爱他 Mike |
[26:06] | What if he’s… | 要是他… |
[26:08] | Slow? | 迟钝怎么办? |
[26:10] | He’s not slow. | 他不迟钝 |
[26:12] | He’s a smart, inquisitive, bright little boy. | 他是伶俐 好问 聪明的小男孩 |
[26:19] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[26:22] | He’s got his hand stuck in the glass. | 他的手卡在玻璃杯里了 |
[26:27] | Oh, come on, buddy. | 哦 加油 小伙子 |
[26:29] | Come on. Just… just hold the glass. | 来吧 只… 只要握住杯子 |
[26:34] | Pull with the other hand. | 用另一只手拉一下 |
[26:38] | You can do it. | 你可以做到的 |
[26:41] | Come on, M.J. | 加油M.J |
[26:44] | Yes! | 好的! |
[26:45] | Oh! Yes! | 哦! 好样的! |
[26:48] | See? You were worried about nothing. | 看到了吧? 你在瞎担心 |
[26:50] | You’re right. Oh. | 你是对的 哦 |
[26:53] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[26:55] | He’s heading toward the toaster with a fork! | 他拿着叉子去搞烤面包机了! |
[27:19] | Honey? | 宝贝? |
[27:21] | Yeah? | 耶? |
[27:24] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[27:25] | – I’m heading out. – Okay. Wanna grab lunch today? | – 我正要出去? – 好的 今天一起午餐吗? |
[27:28] | Uh, maybe tomorrow. I have a… a thing. | 呃 明天吧 我有点… 有点事 |
[27:31] | If you mean therapy, | 如果你指的是治疗 |
[27:32] | why not just say “therapy”? | 为什么不直说”治疗”呢? |
[27:34] | I just didn’t want to get into a fight. That’s all. | 我是不想吵架 就这样 |
[27:37] | Hey. Won’t you need this? | 嘿 你不要这个了? |
[27:40] | Ah. Right. Thanks. | 啊 对了 谢谢 |
[27:43] | Don’t you wanna know if I read it? | 不想知道我看没看? |
[27:46] | Oh. I’d know if you read it. | 哦 如果你看过我会知道的 |
[28:06] | Excuse me. Are you waiting for Dr. Graham? | 对不起 你在等Graham医生吗? |
[28:09] | Don’t tell me she double… booked again. | 别告诉我她又… 重复预约了 |
[28:11] | Oh, no. I don’t have an appointment. | 哦 不 我没预约 |
[28:13] | But I really need to talk to her, so can I have yours? | 但我真的需要和她谈谈 我能用一下你的预约吗? |
[28:17] | I don’t know. I really need to talk to her, too. | 我不知道 我也很需要和她谈谈 |
[28:20] | Seriously? Because I was looking at you thinking, | 真的? 因为我看到你就在想 |
[28:23] | what is he doing here? | 那家伙在这儿干什么呢? |
[28:25] | That guy’s really got it together. | 他看起来不错啊 |
[28:28] | Thanks. But I’m been having a pretty hard time lately. | 谢谢 但我最近日子不太好过 |
[28:31] | – I’ll give you 20 bucks. – Cash? | – 我给你20块 – 现金? |
[28:33] | 20’s okay? | 20块可以吗? |
[28:35] | So, um… | 那么 呃… |
[28:38] | What were you going to talk to her about? | 你打算和她谈些什么? |
[28:41] | I’m starting to feel the urge to gamble again. | 我又有赌博的冲动了 |
[28:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:51] | Mr. Jameson? | Jameson先生? |
[28:53] | He had to go, | 他走了 |
[28:55] | but he said I could have his appointment. | 但他说我可以用他的预约 |
[28:57] | Uh… | 呃… |
[28:59] | I’m sorry, but it doesn’t work like that. | 抱歉 但程序不是那样的 |
[29:02] | If you’re interested in becoming a patient… | 如果你想来这里治疗… |
[29:03] | I’m not. I am Mrs. Tom Scavo. | 我不是 我是Tom Scavo夫人 |
[29:09] | Yep, that’s what I thought. | 是的 和我想的一样 |
[29:14] | Well, I don’t blame you for reacting like that. | 哦 我不是怪你有那样的反应 |
[29:16] | I can only imagine the stories Tom’s been reading to you | 我能想到Tom通过他那个重要的记录本 |
[29:20] | from his big book of wah! | 跟你讲的是什么样的故事! |
[29:24] | So… Here I am, | 所以… 我来了 |
[29:26] | Tom Scavo’s bitch of a wife, in the flesh. | Tom Scavo的悍妇老婆 本人在此 |
[29:30] | Why do you put it like that? | 你为什么这么说? |
[29:33] | I don’t know specifically | 我不知道 |
[29:36] | what word he uses. | 他具体是怎么说的 |
[29:37] | I’m just picking the one that seems the most likely. | 我只是选择了最有可能的说法 |
[29:41] | So you think your husband describes you as a bitch? | 你觉得你丈夫说你是个悍妇? |
[29:45] | Doesn’t he? | 不是吗? |
[29:47] | What Tom says in this room is private. | Tom在这里说的话是他的隐私 |
[29:49] | Which means yes? | 那就是了? |
[29:51] | Well, obviously, it does to you. | 显然 你是这么认为的 |
[29:55] | I’m just wondering why that might be. | 我只是想知道为什么会这样 |
[29:58] | Oh, I see what you’re trying to do, | 哦 我知道你想干什么了 |
[30:00] | but I did not come here for therapy. | 但我不是到这里做治疗的 |
[30:02] | I came here to defend myself. | 我到这里是为自己辩护的 |
[30:04] | Because there’s two sides to every story. | 因为每个故事都有其两面性 |
[30:06] | So you’re not a bitch? | 所以你不是悍妇? |
[30:08] | Not all the time, no. | 不总是 不 |
[30:11] | But sometimes? | 但有时是? |
[30:15] | I just… | 我只是… |
[30:17] | need… | 需要… |
[30:19] | want to feel like I’m in control, | 想感觉一切尽在掌控之中 |
[30:23] | and when I don’t, | 当我不能掌控的时候 |
[30:25] | that makes me mad. And… | 我就会生气 而且… |
[30:29] | Maybe I’m mad a lot | 也许我经常情绪失控 |
[30:31] | because I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 我不知道你是否注意到 |
[30:33] | but you can’t control what happens in life. | 是因为天有不测风云 |
[30:38] | Like your baby dying? | 比如说失去你的宝宝? |
[30:49] | I’m going to sit down, but only… | 我要坐下 不过只是… |
[30:53] | because I’m tired. | 因为我累了 |
[31:02] | Unless you need to go or something. | 除非你要离开或有别的事 |
[31:03] | No. I don’t need to go anywhere. | 不 我哪也不用去 |
[31:15] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[31:17] | How was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样? |
[31:21] | Is that a… | 那是个… |
[31:22] | Yep. Looks like we’ll be going to therapy together. | 是的 看来我们得一起去做治疗了 |
[31:25] | Really? That is great news. Thank you. | 真的? 这是个好消息 谢谢你 |
[31:29] | Oh. | 哦 |
[31:30] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[31:31] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[31:34] | W… where’s dinner? | 晚… 晚餐呢? |
[31:39] | I mean, you were home all day. | 我是说你一天都待在家里 |
[31:47] | What are you writing? | 你在写什么? |
[31:48] | You’ll find out, Tuesday at 12:30. | 周二12点半你就会知道的 |
[31:56] | Colleen! Can I talk to you? | Colleen! 我可以和你谈谈吗? |
[31:59] | Uh, I’ve got parent-teacher conferences, | 呃 我要开家长会 |
[32:01] | but not for a few minutes. What’s up? | 长话短说吧 什么事? |
[32:03] | It’s about M.J.. How is he doing in your math class? | 是关于M.J. 他在你数学课上怎么样? |
[32:06] | Oh, he’s such a joy. | 哦 他很开心 |
[32:09] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 |
[32:10] | You just did the “he’s such a joy” with the head tilt. | 你刚歪着头说”他很开心” |
[32:14] | I give that one to parents all the time | 当我觉得他们的孩子没天份的时候 |
[32:16] | when I think their kid is driftwood. | 我一直这么跟家长说的 |
[32:18] | No, seriously, M.J.’s doing great. | 不 说真的 M.J.很棒 |
[32:21] | Oh, really? Well, if he’s doing so great… | 哦 真的? 那如果他这么棒… |
[32:24] | why is he a giraffe? | 为什么他是”长颈鹿”呢? |
[32:27] | What? | 什么? |
[32:28] | He should be a leopard. | 他应该是只”豹子班”的 |
[32:29] | – They’re the advanced students. – You don’t know that. | – 他们都是优等生 – 你不了解 |
[32:32] | I do now. Gaby Solis broke the code. | 我现在知道了 Gaby Solis破解了代号 |
[32:36] | What? | 什么? |
[32:37] | That’s right. Giraffes are the slow learners, | 就是这样 长颈鹿在慢班 |
[32:39] | – and you know it. – Giraffes are the slow learners? | – 你知道的 – 长颈鹿在慢班? |
[32:42] | No, no, no, Mrs. Chapman. No one said that. | 不 不 Chapman夫人 没人这样说 |
[32:45] | Why don’t you wait for me in my classroom? | 到教室等我好吗? |
[32:47] | Gabrielle Solis figured out the code… | Gabrielle Solis搞明白了代号的意思 |
[32:49] | Leopards, chipmunks, giraffes. | 豹子 花栗鼠 长颈鹿 |
[32:52] | Jenny, we got the code! | Jenny 我们明白代号的意思了! |
[32:55] | Leopards are the smart ones! | 豹子是最聪明的! |
[32:57] | Now look at what you’ve done. | 看看你都干了些什么 |
[32:59] | M.J. is here. He’s a leopard. | M.J.在这个层次 他是豹子 |
[33:02] | Get used to it. | 接受吧 |
[33:07] | Where have you been? | 你到哪儿去了? |
[33:09] | I needed to close the door. | 我需要关上门 |
[33:11] | Oh, uh, well, I thought a little fresh air would be nice. | 哦 嗯 我觉得有点新鲜空气会好些 |
[33:15] | – Hmm, it isn’t. – Well, as the person who has to share a house | – 嗯 并非如此 – 嗯 由于不得不跟一个 |
[33:19] | with the person who won’t take a bath, I need the fresh air. | 不愿洗澡的人共处一室 我需要新鲜空气 |
[33:23] | I don’t care. Close it. | 我不管 关上 |
[33:27] | Orson… | |
[33:29] | I know that you are angry at the world right now. | 我知道你现在憎恨一切 |
[33:32] | What happened to you is unimaginable, | 我无法想像你所经受的 |
[33:34] | And I am gonna do whatever I can to help you through this. | 但我会竭尽所能帮助你渡过这困境 |
[33:37] | And all I ask in return is that you treat me | 而我所要的回报 仅仅是你能 |
[33:39] | with a little bit of courtesy, | 表现得稍微礼貌点 |
[33:40] | and that includes using the word “please.” | 比如使用礼貌用语 “请” |
[33:43] | Why the sudden interest in etiquette, Bree? | 怎么你突然对礼节感兴趣了 Bree? |
[33:46] | I mean, I don’t recall you saying “please” | 在你背叛我之前 |
[33:48] | before you cheated on me. | 我可不记得你有说过”请”字 |
[33:50] | This conversation is over. The door stays open. | 谈话到此为止 这门会一直开着 |
[33:53] | – I want it closed. – No. You stink. | – 我要你关门 – 不 你臭气熏天 |
[33:56] | And you’re a whore! Here’s the difference… | 你这脏婊子 我跟你不一样… |
[33:59] | I can get clean. | 至少我能洗干净 |
[34:04] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[34:05] | Yes, you can. | 是啊 你可以 |
[34:16] | What are you doing? | 你想干什么? |
[34:18] | What is going on? I’m not even dressed. | 怎么回事? 我连衣服还没换 |
[34:26] | What is that? What… what is that? What’s going on? | 这是什么? 这… 这是什么? 你想干嘛? |
[34:30] | Bree, stop. | Bree 住手 |
[34:38] | You wouldn’t. | 你不会的 |
[34:40] | Okay, Bree, stop it. | 够了 Bree 住手 |
[34:41] | Stop. Bree. | 住手 Bree |
[34:46] | If only there was a word you could use to get me to stop, | 如果你能用某个词让我住手的话 |
[34:49] | like “please.” | 那就是”请” |
[34:50] | – I’m calling Joyce. – Say “please.” | – 我要打电话叫Joyce过来 – 快说”请” |
[34:52] | Go to hell! | 你去死! |
[34:54] | Why can’t you just say it? It’s easy. Please. | 你为什么就不肯说? 多容易啊 请 |
[34:57] | Please. Please. | 请 |
[34:59] | Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please. | 请 请请 请请请 |
[35:01] | Please stop! Please, please! Please stop it! | 请住手! 请住手! |
[35:03] | Please stop! | 请住手! |
[35:06] | Please roll me over. Please help me off the toilet. | 请帮我翻下身子 请帮我离开马桶 |
[35:09] | Please, please, please! | 请 请 请! |
[35:15] | That’s the life I’m facing now, | 这就是我所面临的生活 |
[35:17] | Having to ask people for help for everything. | 万事都得求人帮忙 |
[35:20] | Do you know how hard that is?! | 你知道这有多难受吗?! |
[35:22] | Every morning I wake up at 5:00. | 每天早晨 我五点就醒来 |
[35:24] | You get upt 6:30. For an hour and a half, | 而你六点半才起床 这一个半小时里头 |
[35:26] | I lie there, staring at the bedroom door, | 我就躺在那儿 瞅着卧房的门 |
[35:29] | fantasizing about how lovely it would be… | 幻想着这会有多幸福… |
[35:31] | how excruciatingly lovely it would be… | 这会有多么地幸福… |
[35:34] | to get up and make myself a cup of tea one last time. | 要是我能起身 给自己泡杯茶 |
[35:39] | No “please.” | 不需”请”字 |
[35:41] | Just hot water and tea. | 只需热水和茶 |
[36:00] | Orson… | |
[36:04] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[36:09] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[36:14] | Please. | 请 |
[36:29] | What are you in for? | 你犯什么事要来这儿? |
[36:30] | Eating paste. | 吃浆糊 |
[36:33] | What animal group are you? | 你属于哪个组的动物? |
[36:35] | Giraffe. | 长颈鹿 |
[36:37] | Damn. | 该死 |
[36:40] | Joey Murphy. | |
[36:48] | I’ll be with you two in a moment. | 一会儿就到你们俩了 |
[36:54] | Sorry for getting you in trouble. | 很抱歉 你也搅进来了 |
[36:58] | It’s my own fault. | 是我自己不对 |
[37:01] | I got carried away. | 我太过火了 |
[37:03] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[37:05] | It was just so important to me that Juanita was doing well. | Juanita成长顺利 对我来说太重要了 |
[37:09] | I know. | 我晓得 |
[37:11] | No, I don’t think you do. | 不 你并不晓得 |
[37:15] | My kids are my calling card. | 我的孩子们就像是我的名片 |
[37:18] | They’re what I have to show for myself. | 得展示给我自己看的 |
[37:20] | I don’t have a career, Susan. My kids are my job. | Susan 我没有事业 我的孩子们就是我的事业 |
[37:24] | And whatever happens… if they succeed or they don’t succeed… | 不论发生什么… 而她们成功与否… |
[37:27] | It’s because of how I raise them. | 都取决于我教养她们的方式 |
[37:29] | Well, at least you get to raise them. | 至少 你还有能教养她们 |
[37:31] | Ever since I took this job, I feel like I’m never with M.J.. | 而从我干这份工作起 我觉得自己就没陪过M.J. |
[37:35] | I constantly worry. Am I there enough for him? | 我经常担心 我陪得他够不够? |
[37:38] | Am I letting him down? | 我是不是让他失望了? |
[37:40] | You don’t have anything to worry about. | 你没什么好担心的 |
[37:42] | M.J.’s a fantastic kid. | M.J.是个了不起的孩子 |
[37:45] | Well, so is Juanita. | Juanita也同样 |
[37:50] | Their moms are competitive nuts. | 我们就是两位好胜的疯妈 |
[37:53] | This has been so ridiculous. | 这真是太荒唐啦 |
[37:55] | Leopards and giraffes and chipmunks… | 狮子 长颈鹿 花栗鼠… |
[37:57] | I mean, who created this crazy system? | 谁发明的这变态机制? |
[37:58] | You know, reading class is just as bad. | 阅读课也是这样白痴 |
[38:00] | – There’s otters, penguins and seals. – Yeah, Juanita’s an otter. | – 他们分水獭 企鹅 海豹 – 对 Juanita是水獭 |
[38:04] | I mean, what does an otter have to do with learning how to read? | 真是的 水獭跟阅读有啥关系? |
[38:11] | Juanita’s an otter? | Juanita是水獭? |
[38:12] | Yeah. | 对 |
[38:15] | – Why? What’s M.J.? – Penguin. | – 怎么了? M.J.是什么? – 企鹅 |
[38:32] | Oh. | 哦 |
[38:33] | This is pretty. What do you think? | 这件不错 你觉得呢? |
[38:35] | I think maybe I’d buy it for my grandma… | 我觉得要是讨厌我外婆… |
[38:38] | If I hated her. | 我就买这件给她 |
[38:42] | You’re so funny. | 你真有意思 |
[38:43] | So… As much fun as we’re having here, | 那… 既然在这儿让你觉得很有意思 |
[38:47] | why are we doing this? | 我们在这儿干嘛呢? |
[38:49] | We are getting to know each other. | 我们在了解彼此 |
[38:51] | Oh. | 哦 |
[38:52] | You know me, and you don’t like me. | 你知道我的 你也不喜欢我 |
[38:59] | It’s not that I don’t like you. | 不是说我不喜欢你 |
[39:01] | It’s just, I don’t think you’re good for Danny. | 只是我觉得你跟Danny不配 |
[39:04] | Why? Because I wouldn’t eat your pasta? | 为什么? 因为我不肯吃你的意大利面? |
[39:07] | Rigatoni. | 那叫通心粉 |
[39:09] | And no. | 不是因为这个 |
[39:11] | It’s because you are a good-time girl out to have fun. | 因为你是个爱社交 爱享乐的女孩子 |
[39:14] | Not that I blame you for it. You’re young. You’re beautiful. | 我并不是责怪你 你这么年轻漂亮 |
[39:17] | You’re supposed to have fun. | 你理应尽情享乐 |
[39:19] | But Danny has been through a lot, | 可是Danny遭罪太多了 |
[39:21] | And he needs someone who is not gonna hurt him. | 他需要的是个不会伤害到他的人 |
[39:23] | I know Danny has been through rough stuff. | 我知道Danny经历了太多辛酸 |
[39:27] | When he lashes out and gets all defensive, | 比如当他变得暴躁抵触 |
[39:31] | trying to protect himself? | 试着自我保护? |
[39:32] | I get it, because I used to do it, too. | 我了解 因为我也经历过 |
[39:37] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[39:39] | It’s the thing that made me like him. | 正是这点 让我喜欢上他 |
[39:42] | I know how he feels, | 我了解他的感受 |
[39:43] | And it’s not fun at all. | 这滋味很难受 |
[39:50] | I don’t care if you like me | 我不在乎你是否喜欢我 |
[39:51] | And I don’t care if you hate how I dress, | 我也不在乎你是否喜欢我的打扮 |
[39:54] | But I am not gonna hurt Danny. | 但我不会伤害Danny |
[39:57] | How can I be sure of that? | 我怎么相信你呢? |
[40:00] | You can’t. | 你不能 |
[40:02] | But it doesn’t matter, | 不过没关系 |
[40:03] | cause I’m not going anywhere. | 因为我会一直陪着他 |
[40:16] | What are you doing back here? | 你又回来这儿干嘛? |
[40:18] | I’ve been thinking about what you said last time. | 我仔细想了想你上次说的话 |
[40:21] | The more I thought about it, the more it pissed me off. | 我越想就越生气 |
[40:24] | Why is that? | 为什么? |
[40:26] | The people on that street have been your friends for years. | 在那条街住的人跟你都是多年老友 |
[40:29] | You really think we would dump your ass | 你真以为 就因为那几个月你失心疯 |
[40:31] | just ’cause you went off the deep end for some months? | 我们就会置你于不顾? |
[40:36] | I appreciate you coming here. I do. | 我很感激你的到来 真的 |
[40:40] | But after everything I did, | 但是就我的所作所为 |
[40:41] | I don’t see how anyone could forgive me. | 不见得有谁肯原谅我 |
[40:44] | Well we’re not saying it’ll be easy. | 虽然说要原谅并不容易 |
[40:49] | But we’ll give it a try. | 但我们愿意尝试 |
[41:01] | I told them how much better you were doing, | 我告诉她们你现在的情况好多了 |
[41:03] | but they couldn’t take my word for it, | 但她们不相信我 |
[41:05] | so they had to see for themselves. | 所以决定亲自来看看 |
[41:47] | In our darkest moments, | 在我们最低潮的日子里 |
[41:49] | we all need someone who will listen. | 我们需要愿意倾听的人 |
[41:53] | Some turn to friendly professionals. | 一些友善而专业的人 |
[41:57] | A few rely on those who are older and wiser. | 有的人则需要那些年长的智者 |
[42:02] | Others seek out | 而有的人则找 |
[42:04] | someone who knows what they’re going through. | 那些了解他们处境的人 |
[42:10] | But for most of us, | 但对大多数人而言 |
[42:12] | nothing is quite so therapeutic | 什么也比不上跟老友们 |
[42:15] | As a good long talk | 开怀敞谈 |
[42:18] | with a few old friends. | 更解心结 |