时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Desperate Houswives… | 前情回顾 |
[00:02] | A friendship was torn apart. | 一段友情从此破裂 |
[00:04] | I care about my friends. | 我关心我的朋友们 |
[00:05] | Sorry you are no longer a part of that group. | 但是对不起 你不再是其中一员了 |
[00:08] | – I need to talk to you. – What? Here? | – 我得跟你谈谈 – 什么? 在这里? |
[00:10] | Bree’s affair was revealed to Orson. | Bree的恋情被呈现在Orson面前 |
[00:13] | Mona threatened Angie. | Mona威胁Angie |
[00:15] | You’ve got till tomorrow to come up with the rest of the money, | 你明天以前必须凑齐那笔钱 |
[00:17] | or I go to the police. | 不然我就报警 |
[00:19] | And then tragedy struck. | 然后 悲剧降临了 |
[00:22] | Celia! | |
[00:34] | I’m at the site of a bizarre accident | 我在一起离奇事故的现场 |
[00:36] | that happened just hours… | 几小时以前… |
[00:37] | If you watch the news tonight, | 如果收看今晚的新闻 |
[00:39] | you will be told all about a tragedy | 你会获悉一场发生在 |
[00:42] | that occurred on a quiet suburban street. | 寂静郊区惨剧的全貌 |
[00:46] | You will hear eyewitness accounts of the crash. | 你会听到目击者对坠机的描述 |
[00:49] | You will learn the extent of the damage. | 你会知道损失的程度 |
[00:53] | But the news can’t tell you who survived. | 但是新闻没法告诉你 谁幸存了下来 |
[00:57] | Because no one yet knows… | 因为目前没人… |
[01:00] | for sure. | 敢肯定 |
[01:08] | Oh, Susan, thank god you’re here. | 哦 Susan 谢天谢地 你来了 |
[01:10] | I was on my way home. I got this text from Julie. | 我正在回家的路上 然后收到了Julie的短信 |
[01:12] | She said a plane crashed onto the lane? | 她说有架飞机坠毁在街上? |
[01:14] | Yeah. A single-engine plane that had to make an emergency landing. | 对 是一架紧急迫降的单引擎飞机 |
[01:17] | – The pilot had a heart attack. – Julie said Karl was taken away in an ambulance? | – 飞行员的心脏病犯了 – Julie说Karl被救护车接走了? |
[01:21] | Yeah. He’s in surgery. | 对 他还在手术中 |
[01:23] | H… h… how bad is it? He’s gonna make it, right? | 有… 有… 有多严重? 他会没事的 对吧? |
[01:26] | There was a lot of bleeding. | 他流了很多血 |
[01:28] | The doctors are doing the best they can. | 医生正在全力救治 |
[01:30] | You want to sit down? Here. H… have a seat. | 想坐下吗? 过来 坐… 坐会儿吧 |
[01:32] | Come here. | 来 |
[01:35] | Was anyone else hurt? | 还有人受伤吗? |
[01:37] | Orson… and Mona Clarke. | Orson… 还有Mona Clarke |
[01:39] | Yeah, they’re still in surgery. | 对 他们也都在做手术 |
[01:41] | Bree got a little banged up, | Bree有点轻伤 |
[01:42] | – but the nurse says she’s gonna be okay. – And little Celia might have a concussion. | – 但护士说她没什么事 – 小Celia可能会有脑震荡 |
[01:45] | – Oh… What…what happened? – The plane was headed straight for her, | – 哦… 出… 出什么事了? – 飞机直冲向她 |
[01:49] | and Lynette ran over and pushed her out of the way. | Lynette跑过去把她推开了 |
[01:52] | You saved her life. | 你救了她一命 |
[01:52] | Come on. You would have done the same thing for my kids. It’s no big deal. | 行了 换做你也会这么做 这没什么大不了的 |
[01:55] | No, Lynette, we owe you everything. | 不 Lynette 我们从心底里感激你 |
[01:58] | – So what do we do now? – I guess we just wait and pray. | – 那我们现在该做什么? – 我想能做的只剩等待和祈祷了 |
[02:04] | I think that’s a really good idea. | 我觉得不错 |
[02:17] | Ow. | 噢 |
[02:19] | Lynette, are you okay? | Lynette 你没事吧? |
[02:21] | I don’t know. I just… | 不知道 我有点… |
[02:22] | I have this terrible pain. | 我疼得很厉害 |
[02:25] | The truth is, | 事实上 |
[02:26] | no one knows who survived that tragic plane crash… | 没人知道谁在那场坠机惨剧中幸存了下来… |
[02:32] | Oh, Tom, I think there’s something wrong with the babies. | 哦 Tom 我觉得孩子出问题了 |
[02:36] | or more importantly, who didn’t. | 或更重要的是 谁没幸存下来 |
[02:59] | Any word about Karl? | 有Karl的消息吗? |
[03:02] | Uh, still in surgery. | 呃 还在做手术 |
[03:05] | God, I feel like such a hypocrite. | 天啊 我觉得自己真虚伪 |
[03:08] | After that guy cheated on you, I hated his guts. | 自从他对你不忠以后 我就打心底里讨厌他 |
[03:11] | Never spoke to him again. | 从没再跟他说过话 |
[03:15] | And I was just in the chapel praying for him. | 而我刚刚却去了礼拜堂 为他祈祷 |
[03:18] | I know what you mean. | 我明白你的意思 |
[03:22] | It’s pretty complicated for me, too. | 这对我来说也很复杂 |
[03:26] | With that, Susan began to think of her marriage to Karl… | 于是 Susan回想起她和Karl的婚姻生活… |
[03:31] | How wonderfully it had started… | 开始是多么美好… |
[03:36] | How they’d been so happy… | 曾经是多么开心… |
[03:41] | Until the day Susan found a lipstick | 直到某天 Susan在不该发现的地方 |
[03:46] | where she shouldn’t have. | 发现了一个唇印 |
[03:50] | Susan then thought of the day she told Karl to leave, | 之后Susan想起了让Karl跑路的那天 |
[03:54] | and she wondered… | 然后她想… |
[03:56] | what if she hadn’t? | 如果没这样做又会怎样呢? |
[04:02] | Wait. Wait! Don’t go. | 等等 等等! 别走 |
[04:05] | You just kicked me out. | 你刚把我踢出大门 |
[04:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:09] | I put 12 years of my life into this marriage, | 我花了12年时间经营这段婚姻 |
[04:11] | and we have a daughter. | 我们还有个女儿 |
[04:16] | We owe it to Julie to try to work this out. | 为了Julie 我们应该试着把问题解决 |
[04:18] | Aw, Susie. | 哦 Susie |
[04:20] | Don’t touch me. You’re still a pig. | 别碰我 你依然是个讨厌鬼 |
[04:25] | Okay, so, um, | 好的 那… 呃 |
[04:27] | If we are gonna put this behind us, | 如果我们想把这个抛之脑后 |
[04:30] | I need to know about everyone that you’ve been with | 我必须知道每一个在我们婚后 |
[04:32] | since we were married. | 和你有染的女人 |
[04:34] | Everyone? | 每一个? |
[04:38] | I don’t think this is a good idea. | 我觉得这样不好 |
[04:39] | Karl, I don’t want to be wondering, | Karl 我不想每次和你一起参加聚会 |
[04:41] | when we go to a party or a restaurant, | 或者出去吃饭的时候 都想着 |
[04:44] | “Did he sleep with her? Her? Her?” | “他是不是和她上床了? 她? 还是她?” |
[04:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:49] | Well, you found out about Brandy. | 嗯 你已经知道Brandy了 |
[04:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:52] | It was nice to put the panties with a face. | 把内裤罩在脸上感觉真不错 |
[04:56] | Go on. | 继续 |
[04:58] | Well, before her… | 呃 在她之前… |
[05:00] | Let’s see… | 我想想… |
[05:01] | It was Amber, the dental hygienist… | 有Amber 那个洗牙师… |
[05:05] | Kwan Lee, the massage lady… | Kwan Lee 那个按摩女… |
[05:06] | Oh, remember when we had cable installed, | 哦 记得我们装电视的时候 |
[05:10] | and you wondered why we got so many channels for free? | 你还在想 为什么我们能免费收看那么多频道吗? |
[05:15] | Okay, you know what? Uh, maybe you were right. | 行了 你知道吗? 呃 也许你是对的 |
[05:17] | It’s good to have some secrets between a couple. | 夫妻间留点隐私是有好处的 |
[05:20] | Why don’t you just go upstairs | 你为什么不上楼 |
[05:21] | and unpack your stuff? | 拿出你的行李? |
[05:22] | – I will learn how to swallow my rage. – You are not gonna regret this. | – 而我要学学怎么咽下这口气 – 你不会后悔的 |
[06:05] | Hey there. I’m Mike Delfino. | 你好 我是Mike Delfino |
[06:08] | Oh, yes. | 哦 对 |
[06:09] | We met at, um, Mary Alice’s funeral. | 我们 呃 在Mary Alice的葬礼上见过面 |
[06:13] | Uh, your husband told me you have a clogged sink. | 呃 你丈夫说你们的水槽堵了 |
[06:16] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 对 |
[06:18] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[06:27] | So how you liking the neighborhood so far? | 你觉得这地方怎么样? |
[06:31] | I like it. It seems quiet… friendly. | 我喜欢这里 看起来很安静… 大家都很友善 |
[06:34] | It is. And safe. | 没错 治安也不错 |
[06:35] | I bet we have the lowest crime rate in America. | 我敢说这里的犯罪率在全美都是最低的 |
[06:40] | You need to get that? | 你要接电话吗? |
[06:41] | Nah. Let the machine get it. | 不用 让答录机接吧 |
[06:44] | Hi. It’s Susan and Karl. Leave us a message. | 你好 这是Susan和Karl家 请留言 |
[06:48] | Hey, Suse. It’s me. | 嘿 Suse 是我 |
[06:49] | Listen, I’m gonna be working late. | 听着 我要加班 |
[06:51] | Don’t hold dinner for me. | 晚饭别等我了 |
[06:52] | By the way, the switchboard’s gonna be closed, | 顺便说下 接线总机快关了 |
[06:54] | so don’t bother calling. Love you. | 所以不用打来了 我爱你 |
[06:59] | He’s screwing his secretary. | 他在和他秘书乱搞 |
[07:02] | Huh? | 啊? |
[07:03] | My husband. | 我丈夫 |
[07:05] | Thinks he’s fooling me. | 以为他能骗过我 |
[07:07] | He’s not. | 他骗不过的 |
[07:09] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[07:16] | You know, uh, | 你知道 呃 |
[07:18] | what would serve him right… | 他应得的惩罚… |
[07:21] | to come home | 就是回到家 |
[07:23] | and find me in bed with another man. | 然后撞破我和另一个男人的奸情 |
[07:29] | Yeah, I gotta go. | 是的 我得走了 |
[07:31] | – What’s the rush? – Well, I’ve got to get a part at the hardware store. | – 有什么急事? – 那个 我得去五金店拿个零件 |
[07:34] | – Mm. – Mm! | – 恩 – 恩! |
[07:37] | And they close at 6:00. | 他们六点就关门了 |
[07:40] | Oh. Oh, my god. | 哦 哦 我的天 |
[07:42] | Am I that undesirable? | 我有那么讨人厌吗? |
[07:45] | No, you’re very desirable, uh, i… in… in a big way. | 不 你很有魅力 呃 很… 很… 很大程度上 |
[07:48] | Did you just call me fat? | 你刚刚是在说我胖吗? |
[07:50] | No. No. I… I… I think you’re very beautiful. | 不 不 我… 我… 我觉得你非常漂亮 |
[07:54] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[07:56] | You know, you’re married. | 你已经结婚了 |
[07:58] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:00] | Right. Um… | 对 嗯… |
[08:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:03] | Look… | 听着… |
[08:05] | If you’re unhappy, | 如果你不开心 |
[08:07] | You should do something about it. | 你应该想办法做点什么 |
[08:30] | Oh! | 噢! |
[08:36] | Oh, please. | 噢 拜托 |
[08:37] | Not another business trip. | 又出差了 |
[08:42] | Oh, please. | 噢 拜托 |
[08:44] | Let it be another business trip. | 再出一次差吧 |
[08:46] | I tried. | 我试过了 |
[08:48] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:54] | That’s it? | 就这样? |
[08:56] | 15 years of marriage, | 15年的婚姻 |
[08:59] | and that’s all I get… Two lousy sentences? | 我就得到这些… 两句陈词滥调? |
[09:02] | I don’t know what else to say. | 我不知道还该说些什么 |
[09:04] | “I don’t know.” How about, um, | “我不知道” 你看 嗯… |
[09:06] | “hey, Susan, | “嘿 Susan |
[09:08] | “thanks for eating nothing but broccoli and colon cleanser | “感谢你过去六个月来只吃西兰花和泻药 |
[09:11] | “for the last six months so you could lose weight | “为了我而减肥 |
[09:14] | and look good for me”? | 变美” 怎么样? |
[09:15] | Or, “hey, Susan, thanks for wasting | 或者 “嘿 Susan 感谢你浪费了 |
[09:17] | “the best years of your life while I went out | “生命中最好的年华而我却出去 |
[09:20] | and banged everything with a g.e.d. and a tramp stamp.” | 和什么人都胡搞乱搞” |
[09:25] | I’m sorry, okay? | 对不起 好吗? |
[09:26] | But you could’ve spared yourself all this pain | 但是你本可以从这些痛苦中解脱的 |
[09:29] | if you’d just let me go the first time. | 如果第一次你就让我走 |
[09:38] | You really do deserve better, Susan. | 你真的配得上更好的 Susan |
[09:57] | Mrs. Delfino? | Delfino夫人? |
[10:01] | Karl didn’t make it. | Karl没活过来 |
[10:04] | Oh. | 噢 |
[10:05] | Oh, my god. | 噢 我的天 |
[10:08] | If there’s anything you need, | 如果你需要的话 |
[10:10] | We have counselors available. | 我们这里有顾问 |
[10:13] | N… no, I’ll… I’ll be fine. Thank you. | 不… 不 我… 我会没事的 谢谢你 |
[10:22] | I can’t imagine what you must be feeling. | 我没法想像你现在的感受 |
[10:30] | Mostly I’m… | 多半 我… |
[10:33] | I’m feeling grateful. | 我很欣慰 |
[10:40] | Bree hodge was told about the death of Karl Mayer | Bree Hodge在当晚6点12分得知 |
[10:44] | at 6:12 that evening. | Karl Mayer的死讯 |
[10:46] | She became so hysterical. She had to be sedated by 6:18. | 她变得异常激动 她在6点18分被注射了镇静剂 |
[10:52] | It wasn’t long before she fell asleep. | 没多久就睡着了 |
[10:55] | And then she began to dream… | 然后她开始做梦… |
[10:59] | A dream about what her life would have been like | 一个关于如果Karl没死 她的生活 |
[11:02] | if Karl hadn’t died. | 又将会是怎样的梦 |
[11:07] | You are so corny! | 你真粗野! |
[11:09] | Ahh. | 啊 |
[11:10] | No deviating from the marriage playbook. | 和婚姻生活的剧本一点没差 |
[11:12] | I’m doing it right this time. | 我这回没演错 |
[11:16] | Happy? | 幸福吗? |
[11:17] | Karl, you’ve made me happy in ways I couldn’t even imagine. | Karl 你已经让我幸福得无法想象了 |
[11:21] | Mm. Now if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, | 嗯 如果现在不麻烦的话 |
[11:22] | would you mind pulling down my zipper with your teeth | 介意用牙帮我拉下拉链 |
[11:25] | and taking me on the table? | 然后带我到桌子上吗? |
[11:27] | Nag, nag, nag. | 好 好 好 |
[11:30] | What is it with you women once you get a ring on? | 你们女人戴上戒指后是怎么了? |
[11:32] | Mm, and if you’re a stickler for tradition, | 嗯 如果你要坚持传统 |
[11:33] | we could always take it up to our bedroom. | 我们可以到卧室进行 |
[11:36] | Our bedroom… I like the sound of that. | 我们的卧室… 我喜欢这声音 |
[11:40] | Well, get used to it… | 那么 习惯它吧… |
[11:41] | – Because it’s going to be our bedroom for a long, long time. – Mm. Mm. | – 因为很长 很长时间那都会是我们的卧室 – 嗯 嗯 |
[11:46] | I meant what I said when I proposed. | 我求婚时说的都是认真的 |
[11:49] | Being with you is gonna make me into a whole different man. | 和你在一起 让我变成了一个完全不同的男人 |
[11:53] | Well, I hope not completely different. | 呃 我希望不是完全不同 |
[11:55] | I don’t ever want to lose that sexy beast | 我从来不想失去那个让我倾心 |
[11:58] | who swept me off my feet. | 的性感野兽 |
[12:00] | – Mwah! – Whoo! | – 嗷! – 哦! |
[12:03] | Trust me. He’s not going anywhere. | 相信我 他哪儿也不去 |
[12:07] | Wow. Honey, that was fantastic. | 哇 亲爱的 真是太棒了 |
[12:12] | Bree! | |
[12:14] | Oh, my god. | 噢 我的天 |
[12:15] | You’re supposed to be catering a wedding. | 你应该在承办一场婚礼酒席的 |
[12:17] | – Yes, clearly this is my fault. – Ah. | – 是的 显然这是我的错 – 啊 |
[12:19] | – Courtney? – I’m so sorry, Bree. | – Courtney? – 真的很抱歉 Bree |
[12:23] | Really, Karl, my yoga instructor? | 真的吗 Karl 我的瑜伽老师? |
[12:25] | No charge for next month, okay? | 下月不收费 好吗? |
[12:28] | Like I’m keeping you! | 好像我还会留你似的! |
[12:29] | – Get the hell out of my house. – She… she’s going. | – 滚出我的房子 – 她… 她已经要走了 |
[12:32] | I’m not talking to her! | 我说的不是她! |
[12:35] | How could you, Karl? In our own bed? | 你怎么可以 Karl? 在我们的床上? |
[12:38] | Yeah, you’re right. That was tacky. | 对 你是对的 这很不雅 |
[12:40] | I am so sorry. Bye. | 很抱歉 再见 |
[12:43] | I’ll call you. | 再打给你 |
[12:44] | – What? – Sorry. Uh, force of habit. | – 什么? – 对不起 呃 习惯了 |
[12:47] | Look, this thing doesn’t have to mean | 听着 如果我们愿意的话 |
[12:48] | any more than we decide it does. | 这件事不一定要看得那么严重 |
[12:50] | You made a vow to me, Karl. | 你向我发过誓的 Karl |
[12:52] | Oh, my god. Why did I think I could change you? | 哦 天呀 我怎么会以为我能改变你? |
[12:55] | Yeah, I know. You thought you could turn me | 对 我知道 你以为你能把我变成 |
[12:58] | – into your personal lapdog, like Orson. – You leave Orson out of this. | – 你的哈巴狗 像Orson一样 – 你不要把Orson扯进来 |
[13:01] | Why? I haven’t done a thing to you that you didn’t do to him. | 为什么? 你对他尚不能忠诚 凭什么要我对你忠诚 |
[13:05] | Get out of my house! | 滚出我家! |
[13:07] | The truth hurts, doesn’t it? | 真相都是伤人的 不是么? |
[13:09] | Get out. | 滚 |
[13:16] | I didn’t know who else to call. | 我不知道还能打给谁 |
[13:18] | You were his emergency contact. | 你就是他的紧急联络人 |
[13:21] | I’m just a little surprised. | 我只是有点惊讶 |
[13:24] | Orson and I hadn’t spoken in nearly ten years. | 我和Orson近十年没联系了 |
[13:28] | A… are you sure there wasn’t someone else in his life? | 你… 你确定他生活中没有其他人? |
[13:30] | A girlfriend maybe? | 女友之类的? |
[13:32] | Never saw one. | 一个都没见过 |
[13:33] | In fact, in the seven years he lived here, | 实际上 在他住这的七年里 |
[13:35] | I never saw anybody visit him at all. | 我也没见过有人拜访他 |
[13:41] | Um… | 呃… |
[13:43] | Where did you… find him? | 你是在哪… 发现他去世的? |
[13:46] | In the bed. | 在床上 |
[13:48] | Paramedics said it was a heart attack. | Paramedics说是心脏病 |
[13:50] | He’d been there two days. | 他已经死去两天了 |
[13:53] | Can you imagine? | 想象得到么? |
[13:55] | Just like that, you’re gone, and no one notices? | 就那样 死了都没人知道? |
[14:00] | Poor Orson. | 可怜的Orson |
[14:02] | Well, take whatever you want. | 呃 随便拿吧 |
[14:05] | I’ll have, uh, goodwill pick up the rest. | 我呢 呃 我拿你剩下的就好 |
[14:44] | You know, he spoke about you constantly. | 你知道么 他总是不断地提起你 |
[14:48] | It was always “Bree this,” “Bree that.” | 总是 “Bree这样” “Bree那样” |
[14:51] | It was almost like he died of… | 他就像死于… |
[14:54] | What? | 什么? |
[14:55] | Say it. | 说吧 |
[14:58] | Like he died of a broken heart. | 他就像死于心碎 |
[15:07] | Mrs. Hodge? | Hodge夫人? |
[15:10] | I just wanted to tell you your husband’s out of danger. | 我想告诉您 您的丈夫已经脱离危险了 |
[15:14] | Thank god for that. | 谢天谢地 |
[15:17] | But there were some complications. | 但是情况有点复杂 |
[15:20] | What kind of complications? | 怎么复杂? |
[15:23] | This is a preliminary assessment, | 只是初步诊断 |
[15:24] | But it seems there has been some damage to his spinal column. | 他的脊椎似乎受到了损伤 |
[15:28] | What does that mean exactly? | 那倒底代表什么? |
[15:32] | There’s a good chance your husband is paralyzed. | 您的丈夫很有可能瘫痪 |
[15:42] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:43] | Can you tell me anything about Mona Clarke’s condition? | 请问Mona Clarke怎么样了? |
[15:45] | The doctors… they did everything they could, but that woman… | 医生们… 他们尽力了 但是那个女人… |
[15:48] | – I mean, she was hit by a plane. – Oh, my god! | – 这情况 她可是被飞机撞了啊 – 噢 天哪! |
[15:53] | Now all we can do is wait and hope that she pulls through. | 现在我们能做的 只有希望她能挺过来 |
[15:57] | Pulls through? | 挺过来? |
[15:58] | Yes. Your friend’s a real fighter. She’s hanging in there. | 是的 你的朋友真顽强 她还在挺着 |
[16:01] | How? She got hit by a plane! | 什么? 撞倒她的可是飞机啊! |
[16:03] | The doctors couldn’t believe it either. | 医生也不敢相信 |
[16:04] | I don’t know if you’re religious, | 我不太清楚你的信仰 |
[16:06] | but now would be the time to pray. | 不过现在正是祈祷的好时机 |
[16:08] | Oh, believe me, we will. | 噢 相信我 我们会的 |
[16:12] | Dear god, please take that blackmailing bitch home now. | 我的神啊 把这个勒索贱人带上天吧 |
[16:15] | A frickin’ plane hit her. What is it gonna take, a silver bullet? | 妈的 被飞机撞了还不死 她要怎么才死 枪杀? |
[16:17] | All right, look, I’m gonna go home, pack up our stuff. You stay here. | 好吧 听着 我现在回家 收拾东西 你留在这里 |
[16:20] | If they pry the propeller out of that woman’s mouth and she starts yapping, | 如果他们强行问那个女人 她叫嚷起来的话 |
[16:23] | get the hell outta here. | 就赶紧离开这里 |
[16:30] | Just like that. | 就这样 |
[16:31] | Angie Bolen began to consider what was happening. | Angie Bolen开始想像事情的发展 |
[16:36] | She thought of the doctors trying to save Mona, | 她想到医生们正在试着抢救Mona |
[16:40] | and how long it might take her to recover. | Mona需要多久恢复 |
[16:45] | Then she imagined Mona waking up… | 然后她想到Mona一醒来… |
[16:49] | and telling the police everything she knew. | 就会告诉警察们她所知道的一切 |
[16:54] | And Angie asked herself, | Angie问自己 |
[16:56] | What would happen if Mona Clarke lived? | 要是Mona Clarke活过来 会怎样? |
[17:05] | How about a little lunch, Ms. De Luca? | 来个午餐吧 De Luca夫人? |
[17:09] | Eggplant parm. | 茄子卷 |
[17:11] | Maybe it’s not like the place | 这里跟我们从前 |
[17:12] | we used to see you go into on east 10th street, | 看着你走进东十街的地方不太一样 |
[17:14] | But not bad. | 但这里也还行 |
[17:18] | – I want to see Nick. – He’s a little busy at the moment. | – 我想见Nick – 他现在有点忙 |
[17:21] | I just want to talk to him for a couple of minutes. | 我只想跟他说几分钟话 |
[17:23] | As far as the bureau is concerned, | 局里考虑到的是 |
[17:25] | Nick is a traitor. | Nick是个叛徒 |
[17:28] | – Get used to it. You’re never gonna talk to him again. – What about Danny? | – 习惯吧 你不会再见到他的 – Danny怎么样了? |
[17:32] | Tyler is with your mother. | Tyler跟你妈妈在一起 |
[17:37] | But enough about what you want. Here’s what I want… | 你提要求的时间结束了 现在换我了… |
[17:40] | Patrick Logan. | 我要Patrick Logan |
[17:53] | You need to be thinking real clear right now. | 你现在得好好想清楚了 |
[17:56] | We know Logan ran everything, | 我们知道是Logan操控一切的 |
[17:58] | But without him, it’s all gonna fall on you. | 如果找不到他 这个黑锅就得你背 |
[18:02] | I don’t know where he is. | 我不知道他在哪 |
[18:04] | I haven’t spoken to him since that night. | 从那晚之后 我就没跟他说过话了 |
[18:05] | You’ve been on the run 18 years, and you and your former lover | 你已经逃亡了18年了 |
[18:08] | don’t even exchange a phone call, huh? | 跟你的旧情人居然连个电话都没有? |
[18:11] | Don’t take this personally, agent Padilla, | 我没有针对谁的意思 Padilla警长 |
[18:13] | But you guys weren’t the ones I was running from. | 但我要躲的人可不是你们 |
[18:15] | Look, I know Logan. | 听着 我知道Logan |
[18:19] | I know how scary he is. | 我知道他有多恐怖 |
[18:21] | But I think the situation you’re in now is worse. | 但我觉得你现在的处境更糟 |
[18:27] | Then you don’t know how scary he is. | 那你就是不知道他到底有多恐怖 |
[18:35] | Federal sentencing guidelines | 美国联邦量刑准则 |
[18:36] | dictate the punishment in this case. | 明确了该案件的刑罚 |
[18:39] | There’s no room for leniency from the court. | 法庭不能从宽处理 |
[18:41] | That being said, Ms. De Luca, | 话虽如此 但De Luca夫人 |
[18:43] | you have indicated that you would like to address the court. | 你曾表明你希望能当庭陈述 |
[18:47] | Thank you, your honor. | 谢谢 法官大人 |
[18:51] | No one… | 我们… |
[18:52] | was supposed to get hurt. | 并不想有人受伤 |
[18:55] | We just believed in something, | 我们只是信仰一些东西 |
[18:56] | and we wanted to make other people believe in it, too. | 同时我们希望能够让别人也去信仰它 |
[19:01] | But someone did get hurt. | 但是确实有人受伤了 |
[19:03] | A man died. | 一位男士因此丧生 |
[19:08] | I read every newspaper article about your husband, | 我把报纸上关于您丈夫的每篇报道都读了 |
[19:11] | about Sean… | 关于Sean… |
[19:13] | How he coached little league, | 他怎么训练球队 |
[19:15] | that the whole neighborhood came to his funeral. | 远亲近邻都出席他的葬礼 |
[19:19] | I never lived in a world like that… | 在我们搬到美景镇之前 |
[19:22] | until we moved to Fairview. | 我从未在这样的环境生活过… |
[19:25] | I never felt like a part of a community, | 此前我从未觉得自己是群体的一员 |
[19:29] | which… | 在这儿居住 |
[19:31] | made it so much clearer to me how horrible it is | 使我更清晰地意识到我有多么可恨 |
[19:34] | that I brought so much pain to yours. | 给您带来了这么大的痛苦 |
[19:45] | Please rise for sentencing. | 请起立听判 |
[19:47] | Angela De Luca, | |
[19:49] | you are hereby sentenced to life imprisonment | 你现被判处终身监禁 |
[19:51] | without the possibility of parole. | 不得假释 |
[19:54] | Marshals, remand the prisoner to custody. | Marshals 押犯人回房 |
[19:58] | Oh. | 哦 |
[20:05] | Mum? | 妈? |
[20:07] | Mum! | 妈! |
[20:17] | So… how is she? | 那么… 她怎样了? |
[20:21] | I’m… | 我… |
[20:24] | I’m so sorry. She didn’t make it. | 我很抱歉 她没能挺过来 |
[20:29] | I know how upset you must be. | 我知道你现在非常难过 |
[20:32] | Please don’t be angry with god | 但请不要因为祈祷 却没有得到庇佑 |
[20:33] | because your prayers weren’t answered. | 而迁怒于上帝 |
[20:37] | Oh, don’t worry about it, hon. | 哦 不用担心 亲爱的 |
[20:39] | Me and god are good. | 我和上帝关系很好 |
[20:49] | I spoke with the doctor. | 我和医生谈过了 |
[20:51] | They are going to keep her overnight for observation. | 他们今晚要她留院观察 |
[20:54] | – I thought they said she was fine. – No, they’re just being extra cautious. That’s all. | – 我以为他们说她没事 – 是没事 只是他们想谨慎起见 没什么 |
[20:58] | Look at her. | 看看她 |
[21:00] | I feel bad even saying it, | 对于这场事故 |
[21:01] | with everything that’s happened, but… | 就连提起 都让我难过 但… |
[21:04] | we really lucked out, huh? | 我们真的太幸运了 对吧? |
[21:07] | I don’t think it was luck. | 我觉得这不叫幸运 |
[21:09] | I think it was god. | 这是上帝的旨意 |
[21:11] | Actually, it was Lynette. | 其实 应该是Lynette吧 |
[21:13] | No, Lynette was his instrument. | 不 Lynette只是他的工具 |
[21:15] | Either way, it was a hell of a tune. | 管它的 说法不一样而已 |
[21:17] | No, I’m serious. | 不 我说真的 |
[21:19] | I think god saved Celia because she’s special. | 我觉得上帝救了Celia 是因为她很特别 |
[21:22] | She has a gift. | 她有天赋 |
[21:24] | What kind of gift? | 什么天赋? |
[21:27] | I’m not sure yet. | 我还不确定 |
[21:28] | But she has one. | 但她就是有 |
[21:30] | I know she’s gonna do something amazing with her life. | 我知道她的人生 一定会不同凡响的 |
[21:36] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[21:37] | While you figure out | 你在这搞清楚咱们闺女 |
[21:37] | how our daughter’s gonna change the world, | 要怎么改变世界 |
[21:39] | I’m going to the cafeteria. | 我去餐厅 |
[21:41] | See you in a few. | 一会见 |
[21:45] | As she lay there, | 当她躺在那儿 |
[21:46] | Gabrielle began to think of ways her daughter could shine. | Gabrielle开始幻想她女儿 可以在哪些方面闪光 |
[21:53] | She thought of music… | 她想到了音乐… |
[21:58] | and sports… | 体育… |
[22:03] | and other creative pastimes. | 还有其他富有创造性的休闲活动 |
[22:09] | And before she drifted off to sleep, | 在她渐渐入睡之前 |
[22:12] | Gabrielle wondered, | Gabrielle琢磨着 |
[22:14] | what if her daughter was destined to be a great actress? | 如果她女儿注定要成为一名伟大的演员呢? |
[22:22] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[22:23] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[22:24] | Celia Solis. How old are you? | Celia Solis 你几岁了? |
[22:29] | 5. | 5岁 |
[22:30] | It’s our first audition. We’re very excited. | 这是首次试镜 我们很兴奋 |
[22:32] | Oh, great. Such a cutie, just what we’re looking for. | 哦 好极了 多可爱啊 正是我们要找的 |
[22:35] | Oh, she can be cuter. Show him, honey. | 哦 她还可以再可爱些 让他看看 亲爱的 |
[22:39] | Good girl. | 乖女孩 |
[22:43] | Okay, Celia, this is a… here. | 好的 Celia 这是… 这边 |
[22:46] | This is a commercial for “Ouch Away! Bandages”. | 这是”痛立消!创可贴”广告 |
[22:48] | Stand right there on the “t.” | 站在字母”t”这里 |
[22:50] | You just got a boo-boo on your finger. | 你的手指破了个小口口 |
[22:52] | You’re gonna hold it up, look real sad and cry, okay? | 你得竖起手指 表现得很委屈 哭鼻子 懂了吧? |
[22:59] | And go. | 开始 |
[23:02] | No, no. Don’t smile, honey. We need you to cry. | 不对 不对 别笑 宝贝 你得哭鼻子 |
[23:04] | Let’s try it again. | 再来一遍 |
[23:09] | Uh, okay. Thank you… thank you very much. | 呃 好吧 谢谢你… 非常感谢 |
[23:13] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等下 等下 |
[23:14] | You gotta give her another shot. Please. | 你再给她次机会 拜托 |
[23:16] | I… I love the look, but can I be honest with you, mom? | 我… 我喜欢她的样子 但能和你说实话吗 妈咪? |
[23:19] | – The side dish that came with my lunch has more talent. – What are you saying? | – 随午餐赠送的配菜都比她有天赋 – 说什么呢? |
[23:22] | I’m saying she’s not as good as coleslaw. Deal with it. | 我的意思是 她还不如卷心菜沙拉呢 看着办吧 |
[23:26] | Hey, that little girl is here for a reason. | 嘿 那个小女孩来这里是有原因的 |
[23:27] | She is going to inspire people, | 她将激励人们 |
[23:29] | and you are gonna be part of that! | 你也将会是其中一员! |
[23:32] | All right. Well, hurry up. | 好吧 那么 快点 |
[23:37] | All right. | 好的 |
[23:38] | Hey, I got you another chance. Can you cry for mommy? | 嘿 我又给你争取来一次机会 能不能为妈咪哭一次? |
[23:42] | Sure you can. | 当然能了 |
[23:43] | When that nice casting man asks you to hold up a finger, | 等那个好心的导演叔叔 叫你竖起手指头 |
[23:46] | just hold it up and cry. How easy is that? | 你就竖起来 然后哭鼻子 很容易吧? |
[23:52] | Ugh. | 呦 |
[23:55] | Hello? | 喂? |
[23:56] | What? | 什么? |
[23:58] | Oh, my god. | 哦 天那 |
[23:59] | Daddy fell and hurt himself. | 爸爸摔倒了 受伤了 |
[24:02] | I don’t think he’s gonna make it. | 我看他撑不下去了 |
[24:08] | And… when he fell, | 还有… 他摔倒的时候 |
[24:11] | he landed on your hamster cage | 倒在了你的仓鼠笼子上 |
[24:14] | and crushed Mr. Mcfuzz. | 压扁了Mcfuzz先生 |
[24:17] | He is dead. Mr. Mcfuzz is dead. | 它死翘翘了 Mcfuzz先生已经挂了 |
[24:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:28] | Roll it. | 快拍 |
[24:34] | Gaby, I’m going to take Celia for an ice cream! | Gaby 我带Celia去吃冰淇淋了! |
[24:37] | Be back in a bit! | 一会儿就回来! |
[24:42] | Come on. Come on. The bus for camp leaves in 20 minutes. | 快点 快点 还有20分钟 夏令营大巴就出发了 |
[24:47] | But what about my auditions? Mommy’s gonna kill us. | 可我的试镜怎么办? 妈妈会杀了我们的 |
[24:50] | Hey, let me handle mommy. | 嘿 我来对付你妈 |
[24:51] | – You need a sleeping bag to get ice cream? – Run! | – 吃冰淇淋用得着睡袋? – 快跑! |
[25:04] | Leave it. Leave it! Leave it! | 别管了 别管了! |
[25:17] | What the hell are you doing? We talked about this. | 你们俩干嘛呢? 这事不是谈过了嘛 |
[25:19] | No summer camp. She’s got auditions. | 不参加夏令营 她要试镜 |
[25:21] | Gaby, you have got her living in this weird little bubble, | Gaby 你让她活在这个奇怪的幻影里 |
[25:24] | and she needs to be around kids her own age. | 她得和同龄人一起啊 |
[25:26] | She will be. I’m taking her to a casting call for “Annie.” | 以后会的 现在我要带她参加”Annie”的选角试镜 |
[25:29] | Why can’t you support her career? | 你怎么就不能支持她的事业呢? |
[25:32] | Celia, will you wait in the car, please? | Celia 上车等着 好吗? |
[25:36] | Thank you, sweetie. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[25:40] | Because she stinks. | 因为她就不是那块料 |
[25:43] | That little girl is destined for greatness. | 那个小女孩注定要成为大人物的 |
[25:45] | That is why god saved her. | 所以上帝才救了她 |
[25:46] | God does not save people who stink. | 上帝才不会救不成材的人 |
[25:48] | Yeah, well, maybe god saved her so that she could go to camp | 是啊 可能正因为上帝救了她 她才可以参加夏令营 |
[25:51] | and make some friends and have a normal childhood! | 交朋友 拥有正常的童年! |
[25:55] | Who would believe in a god like that? | 谁会相信那种上帝啊? |
[25:57] | Gaby, she’s miserable. | Gaby 她太可怜了 |
[25:58] | No, she’s not. She wants this. | 不 才不是 她想过这样的生活 |
[26:00] | No, she does it to please you! | 不 她这么做是为了取悦你! |
[26:03] | That is a horrible thing to say. | 这话说得太难听了 |
[26:04] | I am not hurting her. | 我才没有伤害她 |
[26:05] | In fact, making her shine is my life’s work. | 实际上 让她闪光是我终身的事业 |
[26:08] | All I want is people to understand how special she is. | 我要的就是 让大家明白她有多么与众不同 |
[26:11] | – Celia, get in the house! – Celia, wait. | – Celia 回家! – Celia 坐着 |
[26:15] | I’m sorry, but you have clearly lost your mind, | 抱歉 但你完全失去理智了 |
[26:17] | and I’m not gonna stand here and watch you ruin | 而我不会袖手旁观 眼睁睁的看着你 |
[26:19] | – our daughter’s childhood. – If you don’t like it, leave. | – 毁掉我们女儿的童年 – 如果你不爽 那就走开 |
[26:24] | Gaby, be careful what you say, | Gaby 说话小心点 |
[26:26] | because I am very close to going. | 因为我真的要走了 |
[26:29] | See ya. Come on. | 再见 我们走 |
[26:31] | Let’s go get ready for your audition. | 让我们准备去试镜吧 |
[26:33] | You’re gonna be the best Annie ever. | 你会成为史上最棒的Annie |
[26:40] | Ouch! | 哎唷! |
[26:42] | Ohh. | 噢 |
[26:44] | There you go, sweetie. | 别哭了 宝贝 |
[26:46] | All better. | 全好了 |
[26:48] | Ouch away! Adhesive bandages… | 痛立消! 轻松止血贴… |
[26:50] | They heal with a mother’s love. | 像母爱般 为你疗伤 |
[26:55] | Mama, no. | 妈妈 别这样了 |
[26:58] | Look at that face. | 瞧这脸蛋 |
[26:59] | That’s a star. | 就一明星样 |
[27:01] | You’re not watching this again. | 你不能再看这个了 |
[27:04] | Now please, help me with the groceries. | 拜托了 来帮我处理下杂货 |
[27:09] | Did you get my wrinkle cream? | 你给我买了抗皱乳霜吗? |
[27:11] | You can’t buy stuff like that with food stamps. | 粮票没办法买这东西 |
[27:14] | I know. I just wish you loved me enough to steal it. | 我知道 我只是希望你能爱我爱到不惜冒险去偷它 |
[27:24] | Oh. | 噢 |
[27:26] | Hello? | 谁? |
[27:28] | Jerry, sweetie. | Jerry 亲爱的 |
[27:30] | Honey, it’s your agent. | 亲爱的 是你的经纪人 |
[27:32] | Oh, Celia’s dying to work. | 噢 Celia非常渴望工作 |
[27:34] | What do you got for us? | 你为我们准备了什么? |
[27:36] | Oh, come on. There’s gotta be something. | 噢 拜托 一定有办法的 |
[27:40] | No, no. She’s not too old. She can pass for 15. | 不 不 她还年轻 她能装成15岁 |
[27:44] | Hell, I’m looking at her right now. Okay, we’ll be there. | 见鬼 我可是看着她说实话的 好的 我们会到的 |
[27:47] | Baby, we’ve got an audition. | 宝贝 我们能去试镜了 |
[27:49] | And we gotta get that hair into pigtails. | 先把你的头发梳成辫子 |
[27:52] | Mama, I think we need to talk. | 妈妈 我想我们需要谈谈 |
[27:54] | What did I do with those ace bandages? | 那些绷带我放在哪儿了? |
[27:56] | We gotta flatten you down. | 首先得把你的胸部绑平 |
[27:58] | Listen to me. I don’t want to be an actress. | 听我说 我根本不想当一个演员 |
[28:01] | What? You can’t quit. You’re… | 什么? 你不能半途而废 你… |
[28:04] | I’m special. This is my destiny. It’s why I was spared. | 我与众不同 这是我的命运 这是我幸存的原因 |
[28:08] | You spent the last 20 years | 你花了二十年 |
[28:10] | telling me I’m meant for big things. | 就为了告诉我 我将成为大人物 |
[28:12] | And you are. | 当然你就是那样 |
[28:13] | No. | 不 |
[28:15] | I’m not special. | 我并不特别 |
[28:16] | I’m normal. | 我是个普通人 |
[28:18] | And I just want to have a normal life… | 我只是想过平凡的生活… |
[28:20] | Get married, have kids. | 结婚 生子 |
[28:23] | And there’s gonna be plenty of time for that. | 还有很多时光去做那些事呢 |
[28:25] | You always say that. | 你总是这样说 |
[28:27] | Why can’t you admit it’s over? | 为什么你不能承认一切都结束了? |
[28:32] | Because if we give up, | 因为如果我们放弃了 |
[28:34] | then everything I’ve worked for is for nothing. | 我所做的一切都付之东流了 |
[28:38] | Your father walked out. Your sister never calls. | 你的父亲出走了 你的姐姐毫无音讯 |
[28:43] | This is all I have. | 这就是我仅存的了 |
[28:48] | What time’s the audition? | 什么时候试镜? |
[28:51] | Tomorrow, 3:00. | 明天 三点 |
[28:54] | Now let’s do something about this hair. | 现在我来给你梳理下头发 |
[28:57] | Oh, honey, this is the one. I feel it. | 噢 亲爱的 这次准行 我能感觉到 |
[29:00] | One day you’re gonna thank me. | 总有一天你会感谢我的 |
[29:18] | I brought you coffee. | 我给你买了咖啡 |
[29:21] | So have you figured out what our 4-year-old is gonna do with her life? | 那么 你知晓我们四岁的女儿会有怎样的生活了吗? |
[29:24] | No. But I did figure out what she has to do to be special. | 不 但是我真的知晓 要怎样做她才会变得与众不同 |
[29:30] | What’s that? | 是什么? |
[29:36] | Absolutely nothing. | 完全放任自流 |
[29:43] | How could this happen? I know I fell, | 怎么会这样? 我知道我摔倒了 |
[29:45] | but I felt fine afterwards. | 但是那过后我并没感觉到异样 |
[29:46] | It doesn’t take much to cause a tear to the placenta. | 胎盘是很容易破裂的 |
[29:49] | – But you said the one baby is fine? – Yes, but if we don’t operate on the other one, | – 但是你说过有一个胎儿没问题? – 是啊 但如果我们不对另外个做手术 |
[29:53] | there could be a decrease in blood flow to the brain, | 可能会对胎儿造成大脑供血不足 |
[29:57] | which could put the child at risk developmentally. | 这对儿童的成长发育不利 |
[30:00] | At risk how? Physically? Mentally? | 什么样的不利? 身体上? 还是精神上? |
[30:03] | Right now there’s no way to know. | 目前无法得知 |
[30:08] | How soon can we do the surgery? | 什么时候能做手术? |
[30:10] | We’re ready to go. Let’s get her in. | 我们准备好了 带她进去 |
[30:16] | At that moment, | 在那个时候 |
[30:18] | Lynette began to think of the baby she had yet to meet. | Lynette开始想象她还没出生的胎儿 |
[30:24] | She thought of what it would be like to hold him, | 她在想抱着他的时候是什么样子 |
[30:29] | how it would feel to look into his eyes… | 凝视着他的时候是什么感觉… |
[30:34] | And to kiss his tiny hand. | 并且亲吻他的小手 |
[30:39] | And then Lynette thought of what would happen | 接着 Lynette却想到 到底会怎么样 |
[30:43] | if the doctor told her that same beautiful child | 如果医生告诉她 那漂亮的胎儿 |
[30:47] | was disabled. | 是一个残疾 |
[30:58] | He especially hates the hamstring stretches. | 他特别讨厌这种腿筋伸展运动 |
[31:00] | Well, and obviously it’s hard to hear him cry, | 当然 听着他哭叫 会觉得心疼 |
[31:03] | but you really need to tune it out, | 但是你真的需要无视它 |
[31:05] | because without the therapy, his muscle tone will… | 因为假如没有这种治疗 他的肌肉张力会… |
[31:08] | You try. Maybe it’s me. | 你来试试 可能是我的问题 |
[31:12] | Sometimes it helps to sing to them. | 有时候给他们唱歌会有用的 |
[31:14] | Oh, I do that. He loves it when I do that. | 噢 我来唱歌 他会享受我唱的歌 |
[31:17] | And the sailor said, “brandy, you’re a fine girl” | 水手说到 “Brandy 你是个好女孩” |
[31:21] | “what a good wife you would be” | “你将会成为一个好妻子” |
[31:25] | Why don’t we take a break? | 不如我们先休息会儿吧? |
[31:28] | Maybe we should take some time and talk about where we’re at. | 或许我们该花些时间来讨论下我们的进展 |
[31:31] | Where we’re at is | 我们的进展就是 |
[31:32] | we haven’t seen any milestones since August. | 自打八月起 我们就没看到任何起色 |
[31:35] | Not since he finally started grabbing his feet. | 有进展的 他终于可以开始抓他的脚了 |
[31:38] | – But that was a big one. – Definitely. | – 这已经很不错了 – 毫无疑问 |
[31:41] | But he should be sitting by now, right? | 但根据进程 他现在应该能坐着了 对吧? |
[31:43] | Or pulling to stand or crawling. | 或拉着站起来 或爬着走了 |
[31:46] | If you worry too much about what he should be able to do by now | 如果你过度担忧着他现在应该能做什么 |
[31:49] | or what other kids his age are doing, | 或者像其他这年龄的孩子能做什么 |
[31:52] | it’s gonna drive you crazy. | 这会让你抓狂的 |
[31:54] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[31:55] | I know I keep saying this, | 我知道我说来说去都是这些 |
[31:57] | but try to focus on the progress he’s making. | 但是你试着去关注他的进步吧 |
[32:00] | Like what? | 比如? |
[32:02] | You’re with him every day. You tell me. | 跟他朝夕相处的是你 应该由你告诉我 |
[32:05] | What do you see? | 你看见了什么? |
[32:17] | Would you, um, excuse us for a second? | 抱歉 啊 我们失陪一下? |
[32:20] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[32:23] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[32:24] | – I can’t do this. – Can’t do what? | – 我做不来 – 做不来什么? |
[32:26] | This, her, the therapy, | 她说的那些 腿筋伸展运动 |
[32:28] | and the injections and the equipment. | 还有那些注射以及护理设备 |
[32:31] | And no one can even tell us if any of it is helping. | 甚至没有人能告诉我们 这些是否真的有用 |
[32:34] | I think it is. But even if it isn’t, | 我觉得有帮助 但就算没有 |
[32:37] | – this is what there is to do, so we’re doing it. – Well, I can’t. | – 这也是应该做的 所以我们要这么做 – 好吧 我做不来 |
[32:41] | No, you don’t want to. Neither do I. | 不 是你不想去做 我也不想 |
[32:44] | Neither does he. Didn’t you hear him crying in there? | 他也不想 你没听到他在那里哭吗? |
[32:46] | But we don’t have a choice. | 但是我们别无它选 |
[32:48] | So come on. Jean’s gotta go home soon. | 抓紧点吧 Jean马上就要回家了 |
[32:51] | I feel like I’m being punished, | 我觉得自己在受惩罚 |
[32:52] | and I don’t even know what I did. | 却不晓得自己曾做错过什么 |
[32:55] | You can’t think that way. | 你不能那么想 |
[32:58] | What else is there to think about? | 那还能怎么想? |
[32:59] | Hopes for the future? He might not even have one. | 未来还有希望吗? 他甚至可能没有未来 |
[33:02] | He’s 14 months. Don’t write him off yet! | 他才14个月大 不要这么早为他下定论! |
[33:08] | But you should start thinking about the future. | 但你是应该开始考虑未来 |
[33:10] | Because no matter what, it’s coming. | 因为不论好坏 未来终究会来临 |
[33:13] | And it’s either gonna make you less afraid or more, | 这未来 或加深 或减轻你的恐惧 |
[33:16] | and you will know | 但你会发现 |
[33:17] | that you either did everything that you can for your son… | 如果不竭尽全力去帮助儿子… |
[33:22] | or you will be sorry. | 你将会悔恨难当 |
[33:30] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[33:31] | There we go. | 开始了哦 |
[33:33] | I know. | 好 |
[33:41] | Come here. | 来吧 |
[33:43] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[33:45] | I can do this. | 我能行 |
[34:04] | Hi, honey. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[34:07] | Can I have a sandwich? | 我能吃个三明治吗? |
[34:08] | Uh, sure. | 呃 当然可以啦 |
[34:10] | I just have to finish these dishes. | 但我得先洗完这些碗 |
[34:14] | But I’m hungry. | 可是我饿了 |
[34:16] | Well, unless you want soap on rye, | 那好吧 除非你想吃沾着肥皂的面包 |
[34:19] | You’re gonna have to wait. | 不然你就得等会 |
[34:38] | Actually, why don’t you make yourself a sandwich? | 其实 你为什么不自己做个三明治呢? |
[34:41] | But you always do it. | 但是每次都是你做的 |
[34:44] | And you always watch me, so I know you know how. | 你每次都看着我做 我知道你晓得怎么做的 |
[34:48] | I’m tired. | 我很累 |
[34:49] | So am I, and I still have to vacuum and do the laundry. | 我也是 我还得打扫卫生 洗衣服 |
[34:53] | My arms hurt. I had to swim today. | 我的胳膊很疼 我今天去游泳了 |
[34:56] | And you do that so you can get stronger, | 你做这些是为了增强体质 |
[34:59] | so you can do things like make sandwiches. | 这样你就能干些杂活 比如做三明治 |
[35:02] | Speaking of which, in the time we’ve been arguing about this, | 说到这儿 我们争论的这会儿时间 |
[35:05] | you could’ve…guess what… | 猜怎么着… 你都可以… |
[35:07] | Made a sandwich. | 做好三明治啦 |
[35:09] | So could you! | 你也可以! |
[35:12] | Jason’s mom makes him whatever food he wants, | Jason想吃什么 他妈妈就给他做什么 |
[35:14] | even french toast. | 甚至是法式吐司 |
[35:17] | I would be happy to make Jason french toast, too. | 我也愿意为Jason做法式吐司 |
[35:20] | He always tells me how pretty I am. | 他总是赞我有多么漂亮 |
[35:23] | Not to mention, he’s also in a wheelchair, | 更别说他是坐轮椅的 |
[35:25] | so he can’t reach the shelves in the fridge. | 因此够不着冰箱里的那些隔层 |
[35:28] | But you can! | 但是你可以! |
[35:30] | Too bad you don’t appreciate it. | 你竟然不懂得珍惜 |
[35:34] | You’re not… you’re not really busy! | 你并不是… 并不是真的那么忙! |
[35:36] | You just don’t want to help me! | 你就是不想帮我! |
[35:38] | You know what? One day I won’t be able to help you | 你知不知道? 有一天 我会无法帮你 |
[35:41] | because I won’t be here, and then maybe you’ll understand | 因为我不在了 也许到那时你就会明白 |
[35:44] | why I wanted you to learn to do stuff for yourself! | 为什么我要你自己学会做这些! |
[35:50] | Or you won’t! | 可能你也不会明白! |
[35:57] | But either way, I’m not making you a sandwich. | 但是无论如何 我不会给你做三明治的 |
[36:56] | That looks good. | 看起来不错 |
[37:00] | Can I have a bite? | 我能咬一口吗? |
[37:05] | When I was born, my doctor told my parents | 我刚出生之时 医生告诉我父母 |
[37:09] | I wouldn’t make it through the night, | 我连那晚都撑不过去 |
[37:11] | then through the week, | 然后说一个星期也撑不过去 |
[37:14] | then it was that I was blind, | 又说我是瞎的 |
[37:17] | that I’d need a wheelchair. | 最后说我需要坐轮椅 |
[37:21] | I guess what I’m saying is… | 我想表达的是… |
[37:23] | I’ve really pissed my doctors off. | 我肯定把这些医生气死了 |
[37:31] | At first, my mother was scared… | 刚开始 我妈妈很害怕… |
[37:35] | scared of my disability, | 害怕我残疾 |
[37:39] | my limitations. | 害怕我的无能为力 |
[37:42] | I know this because she told me. | 我知道这些 因为是她告诉我的 |
[37:45] | Then she realized what she was really scared of, | 后来 她意识到她真正害怕的 |
[37:48] | was my potential | 是我的潜能 |
[37:51] | and that she’d missed something that would help me reach it. | 她害怕错失那些能让我发挥潜能的方法 |
[37:56] | Gandhi said, | 甘地说 |
[37:58] | “Strength… | “力量… |
[38:01] | does not come from a physical capacity. | 不是来源于生理上的能力 |
[38:05] | It comes from an indomitable will.” | 而是来源于不屈不挠的意志力” |
[38:09] | My mother’s probably never heard that saying… | 我妈妈可能从未听过这句话… |
[38:13] | But every day of my life, | 但是在我生命中的每一天 |
[38:16] | she showed me how true it is. | 她都向我展示了这句话是多么的真实 |
[38:20] | Now I… | 现在 我… |
[38:23] | I hope I can start showing her. | 我希望 我能开始向她证明这句话 |
[38:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:34] | Thank you all very much. | 衷心感谢大家 |
[38:51] | How’s our baby? | 孩子怎么样了? |
[38:53] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗? |
[38:57] | Lynette… | |
[39:04] | We lost the baby. | 这孩子夭折了 |
[39:09] | But… | 但是… |
[39:11] | The other baby is fine. | 另一个孩子还很好 |
[39:17] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[39:21] | We’re gonna be okay. | 我们会好的 |
[39:58] | I don’t know how to say thank you for saving my child’s life… | 你救了我的孩子 我不知道该怎么表达我的感激… |
[40:04] | and how sorry I am for… | 还有 我有多么地难过 因为… |
[40:13] | We were gonna name him Patrick | 我们原打算叫他Patrick |
[40:20] | And he would have been… | 而他的未来 将会… |
[40:22] | Amazing. | 非常出色 |
[40:31] | The funeral for Karl Mayer was a dignified affair | Karl Mayer的葬礼很庄重 |
[40:36] | Attended by friends and family | 朋友和家人都参加了 |
[40:40] | And those who loved him. | 还有那些爱他的人 |
[40:43] | The priest spoke about the nature of tragedy, | 牧师谈到了悲剧的本质 |
[40:47] | How it causes people to ask “what if?” | 它使人们去问 “如果?” |
[40:52] | “What if he hadn’t died?” | “如果他没死 将会怎样?” |
[40:56] | “What if I had chosen differently?” | “如果我做了不同的选择 将会怎样?” |
[41:00] | “What if I had made that mistake?” | “如果我已做错 将会怎样?” |
[41:04] | And then the priest said | 接着 牧师说 |
[41:07] | the best way to honor those who had died | 对于那些过世的人们 最好的缅怀方式 |
[41:10] | was to focus on what was | 就是专注于最佳的生活方式 |
[41:13] | and to keep on living the best way we know how. | 并坚持着这种方式 继续走下去 |
[41:19] | And in time, | 而这 |
[41:21] | that is exactly what my friends would do. | 也正是我的朋友们会做的 |