时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Desperate Housewives | 绝望主妇 前情回顾 |
[00:02] | I think you’re a lousy mother. | 我觉得你是个差劲的母亲 |
[00:03] | Gaby was insulted. | Gaby被羞辱了 |
[00:04] | Did you just say that to my face? | 你当着我面这样说我? |
[00:05] | I closed the door to ask | 我关上门来问你 |
[00:06] | if you would like to be my new senior VP. | 是否愿意做我的新任高级副总裁 |
[00:08] | – Lynette chose not to mention her pregnancy. – Oh! | – Lynette决定不提她怀孕的事 – 噢! |
[00:12] | You get to stay in school. | 你必须呆在学校 |
[00:14] | Susan tried to protect Julie. | Susan想要保护Julie |
[00:16] | You shot me! | 你朝我开枪了! |
[00:17] | That gun is under our real name. | 那支枪用的是我们的真名 |
[00:19] | – I wanna call the police. – Uh,just… | – 我要报警 – 嗯 等等… |
[00:20] | And Angie had to protect her secret. | 而Angie必须隐藏她的秘密 |
[00:23] | – High road all the way. – That’s a good point. | – 阳关大道 一片坦途 – 你说的有道理 |
[00:25] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[00:33] | Bree Hodge had a problem. | Bree Hodge的问题出现了 |
[00:35] | She did not want to fall in love | 她不希望爱上 |
[00:37] | with Karl Mayer. | |
[00:41] | She was appalled by his table manners… | Bree惊讶于他的餐桌礼仪… |
[00:45] | What? | 怎么了? |
[00:47] | his personal ethics… | 他的道德观念… |
[00:51] | What? | 怎么了? |
[00:53] | and his wandering eye. | 还有他不安分的眼睛 |
[00:57] | What? | 怎么了? |
[00:58] | No, Bree did not want to fall for Karl Mayer, | 不 Bree不希望爱上Karl Mayer |
[01:02] | and yet she knew in her heart | 但是她也意识到 |
[01:05] | that she was starting to. | 她已经开始爱上他了 |
[01:08] | And that’s why she also knew | 那也是为什么她明白 |
[01:10] | the time had come… | 是时候… |
[01:11] | – We have to talk. – To leave. | – 我们必须谈谈 – 离开了 |
[01:15] | Hey,what’s with the face? You dumping me? | 嘿 你那种表情是什么意思? 你要抛弃我? |
[01:20] | Karl… | |
[01:22] | Oh,my god. You are dumping me. | 噢 天啦 你真要甩掉我 |
[01:25] | We’ve both known this couldn’t last forever, | 我们都知道我们无法长久 |
[01:26] | So let’s end it now before someone gets hurt. | 那么让我们在还没有人受伤之前结束吧 |
[01:30] | But it’s going so well. | 但是我们相处得很好 |
[01:32] | – I feel we’re getting closer. – We are. | – 我感觉我们越来越近了 – 的确是 |
[01:35] | That’s the problem. | 那就是问题所在 |
[01:38] | When I agreed to be your lover, I felt quite sure | 当我接受成为你的恋人时 我十分肯定 |
[01:41] | that my disdain for your vulgarity | 因为我鄙视你的粗俗言行 |
[01:43] | and astounding lack of scruples | 和严重不注意礼节的举止 |
[01:44] | would preclude any chance of my developing feelings for you. | 我将不可能对你有进一步的好感 |
[01:47] | But against all reason, | 但尽管所有这些原因的存在 |
[01:50] | it’s happening. | 我还是爱上你了 |
[01:52] | I don’t want to fall in love with a man | 我不想爱上一个 |
[01:54] | I’m not even sure I like. | 自己不一定会钟意的男人 |
[01:57] | I’m glad we’re being careful about no one getting hurt. | 很高兴我们一直小心翼翼 没有人任何人受伤 |
[02:00] | Please, let’s not make this any harder than it has to be. | 拜托了 不要让一切变得更复杂 |
[02:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:07] | You say we’re done, we’re done. | 既然你说结束 那我们就结束吧 |
[02:10] | I was gonna wait to give you this later, | 我本来想迟点再把这个给你 |
[02:12] | maybe over dinner or something. | 也许晚饭或者其它时候 |
[02:14] | I guess now it’s sort of a parting gift. | 我想现在它有点像是分手礼物 |
[02:18] | I couldn’t. | 我不能接受 |
[02:19] | Open it. | 打开它 |
[02:26] | It’s beautiful! | 真漂亮! |
[02:28] | Oh, and it’s inscribed. | 噢 上面还刻了字 |
[02:30] | “To my dear and beloved… Irene”? | “给我挚爱的… Irene”? |
[02:35] | Irene was my grandmother. | Irene是我的外婆 |
[02:37] | My grandpa gave it to her on their first wedding anniversary. | 我的外公在他们结婚一周年纪念日时送给她的 |
[02:40] | Oh. | 噢 |
[02:41] | Well, she had no granddaughters, so she willed it to me. | 但是她没有孙女 所以她传给我了 |
[02:43] | She said, “someday you’ll find | 她说 “有一天你会把它 |
[02:46] | the perfect woman to give this to,” and she was right. | 送个一个最合适的女人” 她说对了 |
[02:50] | I know how you feel. | 我理解你的感受 |
[02:52] | I’m… I didn’t plan on falling for you, either. | 我也没想过会爱上你 |
[02:56] | And I don’t blame you for wanting to run the other way. | 我不会责备你想要离开我 |
[03:01] | And for what it’s worth… | 但是我还是要告诉你… |
[03:04] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[03:08] | And in that moment, | 在那一刻 |
[03:09] | Bree knew that the time to leave her lover had come… | Bree感觉到离开她的恋人的时刻到了… |
[03:14] | and gone. | 又走了 |
[03:26] | 校长办公室 | |
[03:30] | Ann Peterson was the principal of Fairview elementary school, | Ann Peterson是美景镇小学的校长 |
[03:35] | and she believed in rules. | 她笃信规章教条 |
[03:38] | She used them to teach hygiene, | 她使用规章来让学生们讲究卫生 [每天刷牙] |
[03:42] | to control behavior | 来规范行为举止 [禁止嚼口香糖] |
[03:46] | and to instill order. | 以及维持秩序 [不要在走廊上跑] |
[03:50] | Yes, Mrs. Peterson believed in rules. | [感恩节庆典] 是的 Peterson夫人相信规章制度 |
[03:55] | She also believed | 她也相信 [礼堂里禁止使用手机] |
[03:57] | that those who didn’t follow them | 那些不遵守规章的人 |
[04:00] | should be punished. | 应该接受惩罚 |
[04:08] | Okay, the camera is rolling. | 好的 拍摄开始了 |
[04:11] | Are there any words you’d like to say | 在你女儿第一次登台演出之前 |
[04:12] | before your daughter makes her stage debut? | 你有什么想说的吗? |
[04:15] | – Let us pray. – Gaby, Juanita is going to see this. | – 让我们祈祷吧 – Gaby Juanita会看到这个的 |
[04:18] | Oh, trust me, this is not footage you’re gonna wanna keep. | 噢 相信我 你不会想留下这些片段的 |
[04:21] | Well, I’m sorry. I tried to work with her. | 对不起 我尽了力帮她 |
[04:25] | But you may as well know your daughter is talent-free. | 但你也知道你的女儿没有天赋 |
[04:27] | She is only 7. How bad could she be? | 她只有七岁 她这样又能算差劲吗? |
[04:30] | Well, I’ve already looked through the program | 我已经仔细查看了整个节目单 |
[04:31] | to pick out a kid we can pretend is ours. | 想要挑一个孩子 假装是我们的孩子 |
[04:34] | I like Paige Glover. I’m gonna be her mommy. | 我喜欢Paige Glover 我将成为她的妈妈 |
[04:45] | My name is Miles Standish. | 我的名字叫Miles Standish |
[04:47] | We have come to share with you our bounty. | 我们来到这里 和你们一起分享我们的仁爱 |
[04:51] | and to give thanks | 并且感谢 |
[04:53] | for this new land, | 这片新的土地 |
[04:55] | where we are free from religious perskacootion. | 在这里没有宗教拍害 |
[05:01] | Uh,uh,um… | 嗯 嗯… |
[05:04] | – 哪个是Paige Glover? – 嘘 嘘 | |
[05:07] | religious perspacotion. | 宗教白害 |
[05:09] | Um… | 嗯… |
[05:12] | Where we are free from religious… | 在这里没有宗教… |
[05:15] | Persecution! | 迫害! |
[05:16] | Read the corn! I wrote it on the corn! | 看玉米! 我把它写在玉米上了! |
[05:19] | Per… perska… Prossa… | 拍… 白… 伯… |
[05:22] | Aw… | 哦.. |
[05:23] | At that moment, | 在那一刻 |
[05:25] | Juanita Solis chose to utter a certain 4-letter word… | Juanita Solis说出了一个四个字母的单词.. |
[05:29] | for the very first time. | 而这是第一次 |
[05:34] | I did not write that on the corn. | 我没有在玉米上写那个 |
[05:41] | Just promise me | 向我保证 |
[05:42] | you won’t have a few drinks and get all kissy with me | 你不会喝了几杯酒 然后想要和我接吻 |
[05:44] | like you did last week at the Bermans’. | 就像你上周在Bermans家所做的一样 |
[05:46] | You told me you don’t want our friends to know | 你说过你不希望我们的朋友知道 |
[05:48] | we’re having marital problems. | 我们的婚姻出现了问题 |
[05:49] | Well, you don’t have to maul me to prove we’re okay. | 但你不用侵犯我来证明我们没事 |
[05:51] | I don’t like public displays of affection. | 我不喜欢在别人面前表达情感 |
[05:53] | I know. But these days, they’re the only kind I can get from you. | 我知道 但这是这些日子能让你对我表露感情的唯一方式 |
[06:00] | – Sorry we’re late, Mike. – Oh,that’s okay, come on in. | – Mike 对不起我们迟到了 – 噢 没事 快进来吧 |
[06:03] | Oh, my god. I can’t believe it. | 噢 天啦 我不敢相信 |
[06:05] | It’s just a pie, Susan. I’ve brought them before. | 这只是一个馅饼 Susan 我以前也带馅饼过来的啊 |
[06:08] | No, the brooch that you’re wearing. It’s… It’s mine. | 不是 我是指你戴的这个胸针 它是… 它是我的 |
[06:11] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[06:13] | Karl gave it to me years ago. Can I see it? | Karl几年前给我的 我可以看一下吗? |
[06:15] | Well, I don’t doubt that it’s similar, Susan, | 我不确定它们是否相似 Susan |
[06:17] | But it can’t possibly be the same one. | 但是不可能是同一个 |
[06:19] | No, yes! There’s the inscription. | 不 就是这个! 这里刻着字 |
[06:22] | To his granny Irene! Mike! | 给他的祖母Irene! Mike! |
[06:28] | This is the same brooch I lost ten years ago. | 这就是我十年前丢失的那个胸针 |
[06:31] | You say you lost it? | 是你丢掉的? |
[06:34] | Yeah. It was back when Karl and I got divorced. | 是的 那还是Karl和我离婚的时候 |
[06:36] | One day it was on my coat, and the next… Gone. | 有一天它在我的外套上 接着第二天… 消失了 |
[06:39] | I never knew where it went. | 我一直不知道它跑哪去了 |
[06:42] | – Hi,everybody. – Well,now we know. | – 大家好 – 现在我们知道了 |
[06:45] | Great to see you. See you, sweetheart. | 很高兴见到你 再见 亲爱的 |
[06:47] | Hey, Karl, get in here. Wait. You are not gonna believe this. | 嘿 Karl 到这儿来 等等 你不会相信的 |
[06:51] | Bree found your grandmother’s brooch. | Bree找到你外婆的胸针了 |
[06:55] | What? | 什么? |
[06:56] | Yes, the one that Susan lost. | 是的 Susan丢失的那个 |
[06:59] | What an extraordinary coincidence. | 这真是太巧了 |
[07:02] | Where did you get it, Bree? | 你从哪里弄来的 Bree? |
[07:05] | She bought it. I-I’m assuming. Uh, yes, | – 她买的 我 我猜的 – 嗯 是的 |
[07:08] | at that little antique store down on Pearl street. | 在Pearl街上的那个小古董店里 |
[07:12] | Yeah, so obviously, | 是的 很明显 |
[07:12] | whoever found it must have sold it to that store. | 谁找到它都肯定会把它卖给那个店 |
[07:14] | Remember how mad you got when I lost it? | 你记得我把它弄丢时你多生气吗? |
[07:17] | – He really yelled at me. – You yelled at her? | – 他朝我大吼 – 你对她大吼? |
[07:20] | – I don’t recall yelling. – You kinda did. | – 我不记得我有大吼 – 你的确有 |
[07:23] | “how could you lose my grandmother’s brooch?! | “你怎么能弄丢我外婆的胸针?! |
[07:26] | – It was a family heirloom!” – unbelievable. | – 这是件传家之宝!” – 难以置信 |
[07:29] | Yeah, that it would turn up again after all this time. | 是啊 这么久之后居然还能找到 |
[07:34] | Well, I’m glad I can give it back to its rightful owner. | 我很高兴能将它交还给合法所有人 |
[07:39] | Oh, it’s yours. You bought it. | 噢 这是你的 你买的 |
[07:41] | Oh, I couldn’t possibly wear it | 噢 既然我知道Karl以前将它给了你 |
[07:42] | knowing that karl gave it to you. | 我怎么可能还戴着它 |
[07:45] | Well, how much did it cost? I’ll reimburse you. | 那么 它值多少钱? 我付钱给你 |
[07:48] | No need, dear. Trust me, it was a steal. | 不用了 亲爱的 相信我 值不了几个钱 |
[07:56] | – Whoa! – We gotta get him inside. | – 呜哇! – 我们得将他弄进去 |
[07:58] | – Shh. Shh. Just hold on. Just… – Okay. Easy does it. | – 嘘 嘘 撑住 撑住… – 好吧 这很容易 |
[08:01] | How can we get some pancakes? | 我们能从哪儿弄些烙饼吗? |
[08:04] | What? Oh,gee. Watch it. Watch it. | 什么? 噢 嘿 看着点 看着点 |
[08:06] | – I’m good, I’m good. – Shh. | – 我没事 我没事 – 嘘 |
[08:08] | Porter, for god sakes! | Porter 看在上帝的份上! |
[08:09] | People are trying to sleep! | 大家都睡了! |
[08:13] | Tom? | |
[08:15] | – Hey, honey. – What are you doing here? | – 嘿 亲爱的 – 你在这儿做什么? |
[08:17] | I thought you were gonna be at the library studying. | 我以为你会在图书馆学习 |
[08:19] | W-w-we were, and after we were done, | 我们去了 我们结束以后 |
[08:21] | I told the guys I’d treat them to pancakes. | 我告诉他们我会请他们吃烙饼 |
[08:23] | – But the… the place was closed. – Ah,so we peed on the building. | – 但是那个… 那个地方关了 – 嗯 然后我们就在那幢楼里尿尿 |
[08:28] | Give it up, T-Scav! Yo! | 来吧 T-Scav! 耶! |
[08:32] | You’re drunk. | 你喝醉了 |
[08:34] | Uh, I beg your pardon. | 嗯 请你原谅 |
[08:36] | He’s drunk. I’m faced. | 他醉了 我只是喝多了 |
[08:42] | Do you have a sink? | 这儿有水池吗? |
[08:47] | What did this library have, a 3-drink minimum? | 图书馆提供什么 三人饮酒会吗? |
[08:51] | Well, after the library, we went to a bar, | 我们离开图书馆后去了酒吧 |
[08:54] | and they got into a cutthroat game of beer pong. | 然后他们参加了一个激烈的啤酒竞赛 |
[08:57] | Eh… | 啊… |
[08:59] | Well, I’ll just make them some pancakes | 我只会给他们做些烙饼 |
[09:02] | and take them home in the morning. | 然后早上送他们回家 |
[09:03] | The morning?! | 早上?! |
[09:05] | Can I talk to you a second, T-Scav, | T-Scav 我能和你谈谈吗? |
[09:08] | away from these beer pong champs? | 先离这些臭酒鬼远点儿 |
[09:10] | Actually, they lost and… and it was kind of controversial… | 最后他们输了 而且… 胜负存在争议… |
[09:12] | I don’t care! They’re not staying here tonight. | 我不在乎! 他们今晚不能呆在这儿 |
[09:14] | Come on! Look at Nieder Meyer. I can’t take him home to his Mom and Dad. | 别这样! 看Nieder Meyer那样子 我不能送他回家 让他爸妈看到 |
[09:17] | – You know how parents are. – Of course I do! We’re parents! | – 你了解父母的 – 当然! 我们就是父母! |
[09:25] | Look… | 看吧… |
[09:28] | I understand you want the kids to like you | 我明白你希望这些孩子能喜欢你 |
[09:30] | so they can elect you homecoming king or whatever, | 那样他们就会选你为返校节之王什么的 |
[09:33] | But you are not going back to school | 但你不要回到学校 |
[09:34] | to have some second childhood. Enough is enough! | 经历第二次童年时代 这已经够了! |
[09:38] | Okay. Okay, I hear ya. | 好的 好的 我听到了 |
[09:41] | Hey, I hear you, too. | 嘿 我也听到了 |
[09:43] | Wanna keep it down? | 小点声行不? |
[09:54] | And as punishment, | 作为惩罚 |
[09:55] | I’m having Juanita draft a letter of apology | 我要让Juanita写一封道歉信 |
[09:58] | to every classmate and family member who heard… | 给每一位听到那个不雅词语的 |
[10:02] | the verb in question. | 同学和家长 |
[10:03] | That seems fair. | 这很公平 |
[10:05] | And of course, she won’t be allowed to participate | 并且 她不会被允许参加 |
[10:07] | in the final two performances of the Thanksgiving pageant. | 最后的两场感恩节庆典表演 |
[10:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:11] | And she is also on cafeteria cleaning detail | 并且她会在食堂 |
[10:14] | – for the next two weeks. – Absolutely. | – 参加两周的打扫 – 肯定要 |
[10:17] | uh, not so fast. | 呃 别这么快下决定 |
[10:19] | – I’m sorry? – oh, come on, Mrs. Peterson. | – 不好意思 – 哦 Peterson夫人 |
[10:21] | A letter of apology? Fine. Taking her out of the play? | 道歉信? 没问题 不让她演出? |
[10:25] | Hey, she deserved that based on her performance alone. | 光她的表演就足够让她下场了 |
[10:27] | But let’s not go overboard. | 但是不要做得太过火 |
[10:29] | Mrs. Solis, this school has a zero tolerance policy | Solis夫人 本校对于不雅行径 |
[10:33] | when it comes to profanity. | 一向是零容忍政策 |
[10:34] | And we respect that. Right, honey? | 我们尊重学校的规定 对吧 亲爱的? |
[10:38] | Stay out of this, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 你别管这个 |
[10:40] | You need to take a second look at that policy. | 你们需要灵活地看待那项政策 |
[10:42] | Juanita made a little slip. It wasn’t intentional. | Juanita犯了点小错误 她不是有意的 |
[10:44] | It’s not like she flipped the bird afterwards. | 这和竖中指差远了 |
[10:47] | My ruling stands. | 我坚持我的决定 |
[10:49] | If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime. | 早知今日 何必当初 |
[10:52] | What is this, Shawshank elementary? | 这算什么 肖申克小学? |
[10:54] | This school is not at fault. | 学校在这方面没有过错 |
[10:56] | If you want to assign blame, | 如果你想责怪的话 |
[10:58] | you might look to your dubious parenting skills. | 也许你该审视一下你那些拙劣的家庭教育 |
[11:04] | Oh, I wish you hadn’t said that. | 噢 真希望你没说那些 |
[11:06] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[11:07] | Well, Juanita learned that word somewhere. | 是的 Juanita不知从哪学了那个词 |
[11:10] | And you’re saying I taught it to her? | 你是说我教她的? |
[11:12] | No, I’m sure it was whispered to her by the wind. | 不是 我想应该是风吹进她耳朵里的 |
[11:17] | Let me tell you something, Mrs. Peterson. | 这么跟你说吧 Peterson夫人 |
[11:19] | I am pulling Juanita out of this crappy, crappy school! | 我要让Juanita离开这所破烂学校! |
[11:23] | Come on, Carlos! | 走 Carlos! |
[11:25] | Oh. | 噢 |
[11:26] | “crappy,” huh? | 破烂? |
[11:27] | What a shame Juanita won’t be here | 真遗憾Juanita没在这儿 |
[11:29] | to blurt that out during the pledge of allegiance. | 宣誓的时候说溜这个 |
[11:32] | Oh, yeah? Well, here’s a blurt for ya… | 哦 呵呵? 那好 这个是给你的… |
[11:37] | …(f**k you) and the horse you rode in on! | …还有你乱搞的马! |
[11:48] | Don’t shoot. Just me. | 别开枪 是我 |
[11:50] | Relax, Susan. It was a joke. | 放轻松 Susan 开玩笑 |
[11:54] | Is Mike here? | Mike在家吗? |
[11:55] | – He is out on a job. – Oh, darn it. | – 他工作去了 – 哦 该死 |
[11:59] | I wanted to talk to both of you so I could apologize. | 我本想和你们两位道歉的 |
[12:04] | Over the past few weeks… | 过去的几周… |
[12:06] | I’ve let my emotions get the best of me. | 我太感情用事了 |
[12:10] | I’m sure you’ve noticed that my behavior has been… | 我敢说你肯定注意到我的举止… |
[12:14] | Crazy. | 疯狂 |
[12:15] | Hmm, just in the… Clinical sense. | 嗯 只是… 医学角度上的疯狂吧 |
[12:17] | Well, that’s over. | 呃 这都结束了 |
[12:20] | I don’t want there to be any more tension between us. | 我不想让我们之间再剑拔弩张 |
[12:23] | When we see each other on the street, | 当我们在街上碰到的时候 |
[12:25] | I want us to wave, | 我希望我们能招手 |
[12:27] | not dive behind a garbage can. | 而不是躲在垃圾桶后面 |
[12:30] | oh,I didn’t dive. I… Just dropped my keys. | 哦 我没躲 我…把钥匙掉地上了 |
[12:34] | I just want things to be normal again. | 我只想一切都能恢复正常 |
[12:37] | Let me play poker with you and the girls. | 让我和你们一块打打牌 |
[12:40] | If you throw a party, invite me. | 如果你开派对 能邀请我 |
[12:42] | Maybe you and Mike can have me over for a barbecue sometime. | 也许你和Mike什么时候能邀请我一起来烧烤野餐 |
[12:47] | Given what’s happened, | 鉴于以前发生的一切 |
[12:50] | I just don’t see a barbecue in our future. | 我不觉得我们今后能一起办烧烤 |
[12:58] | Fine, Susan. | 好吧 Susan |
[13:00] | I was just hoping to be friends again | 我只是想我们能重归于好 |
[13:02] | and show all those people how wrong they were. | 并且让那些人知道他们大错特错 |
[13:08] | What people? | 哪些人? |
[13:10] | The ones who keep telling me that I should sue you for, uh… | 那些让一直我告你 呃… |
[13:13] | What did they call it? “reckless endangerment”? | 他们说什么来着? “无意伤害”? |
[13:16] | Yeah, I’m sorry. Who are all these people? | 是的 不好意思 到底是哪些人? |
[13:18] | Neighbors, well-wishers, | 邻居 善意的人 |
[13:20] | a couple of lawyers who dabble in civil lawsuits. | 一些经历过民事诉讼的律师 |
[13:23] | But I told them, “no, I could never sue Susan.” | 但是我告诉他们 “不 我永远不会起诉Susan” |
[13:27] | In spite of everything, we’re still friends. | 尽管有种种不愉快 但是我们还是朋友 |
[13:31] | But… | 但是… |
[13:32] | If that isn’t true anymore… | 如果不是那样的话… |
[13:35] | Brunch! | 早午餐! |
[13:36] | Uh… | 嗯… |
[13:38] | Mike and I aren’t really barbecue people. | 我和Mike都不太喜欢自助烧烤 |
[13:40] | We like a good brunch. So… Let’s give that a shot. | 我们喜欢丰盛的早午餐 所以… 我们试试这个吧 |
[13:45] | Um, I’m sorry. That was just a bad choice of words. | 呃 对不起 我只是说错话了 |
[13:50] | I love it! | 我很喜欢! |
[13:52] | Sunday around 11:00? I’ll bring a quiche. | 那周日11点左右? 我会带蛋糕过来 |
[13:55] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[14:00] | Aren’t you glad I’m not crazy anymore? | 我不再疯疯癫癫的 你应该很高兴吧? |
[14:02] | Oh, yeah. This is so much better. | 哦 是的 这样好多了 |
[14:07] | We are over, Karl. | 我们结束了 Karl |
[14:10] | And this time I mean it. | 这次我是认真的 |
[14:11] | Oh, come on, Bree. You’re gonna dump me over a lousy brooch? | 哦 Bree 别这样 就为了一个傻胸针就把我甩了? |
[14:15] | It’s not the brooch, Karl. It’s you. | 不是胸针的问题 Karl 是你的问题 |
[14:17] | Stealing Susan’s jewelry | 偷Susan的首饰 |
[14:18] | and then berating her for losing it? | 然后叱责她弄丢了? |
[14:20] | What kind of man does that? | 哪个男的会干这个呀? |
[14:22] | How about a man whose wife’s taking him to the cleaners, | 一个被妻子骗的身无分文 |
[14:24] | who wants to get back a little of what she’s costing him? | 只想小报复一下的男人行吗? |
[14:26] | But how could you be so stupid as to then give it to me? | 可是你这么可以蠢到把这个送给我? |
[14:29] | Did it not occur to you that she might see me wearing it? | 难道你不知道她可能会看见我戴吗? |
[14:31] | Hey, when Susie and I divorced, she lost a lot of things. | 嘿 我和Susie离婚的时候 她丢了好多东西 |
[14:34] | I forgot the brooch was one of them. | 我忘记胸针是其中一样了 |
[14:36] | That’s your defense… That you stole so much, you lost track? | 这就是你的理由… 你偷得太多 你自己都不记得偷了什么? |
[14:40] | Let’s not forget who had no problem | 别忘了是谁毫不犹豫地 |
[14:42] | staging a fake burglary to protect her stuff from Orson. | 借盗窃之名 让Orson得不到她的财产 |
[14:45] | Well, I am not proud of that. | 可是 我并没有为此骄傲 |
[14:46] | I am even less proud of letting my libido blind me to the fact | 让欲望蒙蔽了我的眼睛 这更让我羞愧 |
[14:49] | that I have been fornicating with a morally bankrupt weasel. | 我一直在和一个道德沦丧的小人有染 |
[14:53] | Well, not anymore. We’re done. | 不会再继续下去了 我们结束了 |
[14:56] | Wait. | 等等 |
[14:58] | Bree… | |
[15:00] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗? |
[15:05] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[15:07] | I know, not the best time to ask. | 我知道现在不合适 |
[15:10] | But I was scared if I waited, I wouldn’t get another shot. | 但是我怕越等越没有机会了 |
[15:13] | – Do you think for one instant I would even… – Don’t feel you need to answer right away. | – 你认为我会有一丝… – 你不需要马上给我答复 |
[15:16] | I’m pretty sure | 我知道 |
[15:17] | what the short-term response would be. But, um… | 目前的反应会是什么 可是 呃… |
[15:21] | – I love you, Bree. – For god sakes, Karl. | – 我爱你 Bree – 上帝啊 Karl |
[15:24] | And I’d be honored if you’d even consider becoming my wife. | 即使你能考虑做我的妻子 我都会很荣幸 |
[15:28] | No. | 不 |
[15:30] | I’m not done. | 我没说完 |
[15:31] | The man who swiped that brooch… That was the man I was. | 偷胸针的那个男的… 那是当时的我 |
[15:35] | The man I am now is a little better, | 现在的我好一点了 |
[15:36] | but he is nothing compared to the man that I could be | 可是将来的我会更好 |
[15:40] | with a woman like you as my wife. | 如果你能成为我的妻子 和我在一起 |
[15:47] | There. Done. | 好 说完了 |
[15:49] | – Karl… – Don’t say anything. | – Karl… – 什么都别说 |
[15:51] | Just go. Think it over. | 走 回去想想 |
[15:53] | – I only wanna say… – bup, bup, bup! | – 我只是想说… – 叭 叭 叭! |
[15:55] | Just think. | 只要想 |
[16:32] | I hope I’m not disturbing you. | 希望我没打扰你 |
[16:33] | I just want to thank you for the… | 我只是想感谢你… |
[16:36] | Oh. | 噢 |
[16:38] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[16:40] | You’re crying. What’s wrong? | 你哭了 怎么了? |
[16:42] | No, nothing. What’s up? | 不 没什么 有事? |
[16:44] | Oh, okay. | 哦 是这样 |
[16:45] | I just wanted to tell you how well our plan is working. | 我想告诉你我们的计划进行得很顺利 |
[16:49] | Our plan? | 我们的计划? |
[16:50] | Yeah, the one about taking the high road with Susan. | 是啊 对付Susan的捷径啊 |
[16:53] | I was just over there. She doesn’t have a clue. | 我刚去过那 Susan丝毫没察觉 |
[16:58] | Who’s that? | 那是谁? |
[16:59] | My mother. | 我母亲 |
[17:00] | Oh! Where does she live? | 哦! 她住在哪? |
[17:03] | She doesn’t. | 她不在了 |
[17:06] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:07] | Tomorrow would’ve been her birthday. | 明天是她的忌日 |
[17:08] | Every year this time I get a little depressed. | 每年这个时候我都会有点抑郁 |
[17:12] | So let’s go out. I’ll buy you lunch. | 那我们出去走走 我请你吃午饭 |
[17:14] | It’s the least I can do for my partner in crime. | 这是我唯一能为我同谋所作的 |
[17:18] | Okay, you gotta stop with that. | 好吧 请你别说这些了 |
[17:20] | – What? – This “our plan,” “partner in crime.” | – 怎么了? – 这些”我们的计划” “同谋”啥的 |
[17:23] | This is your thing with Susan. You do what you wanna do. | 这是你和Susan之间的事 你该干嘛干嘛 |
[17:28] | Oh, you’re just upset because of your mother. | 哦 你因为怀念母亲而难过了 |
[17:32] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[17:33] | I’ll bake you a pineapple upside down cake. | 我给你做一个上下两层都有凤梨的蛋糕 |
[17:37] | Best thing in the world for depression! | 世间治疗抑郁最有效的办法! |
[17:45] | Well, I called every private school in the area. | 呃 这里每一所私立学校的电话我都打了 |
[17:48] | No openings until September. | 都要到9月才新开学 |
[17:51] | Damn it, Gaby. | 该死 Gaby |
[17:52] | You couldn’t wait till summer to cuss out the principal? | 你就不能等到暑假再咒骂校长吗? |
[17:54] | I make no apologies. She had it coming. | 我用不着道歉 她先挑起的 |
[17:57] | And I’d do it again. | 而且我还是会那么做 |
[18:00] | She attacked our daughter. | 她攻击了咱们女儿 |
[18:02] | Well, I’m glad you’re so devoted to Juanita, | 呃 我很高兴你对Juanita如此用心 |
[18:03] | cause you’re about to be spending | 因为你们将会 |
[18:04] | – a whole lot more time together. – What are you talking about? | – 有很多时间待在一块 – 什么意思? |
[18:08] | I think we have other choice. | 我想没有其他办法 |
[18:09] | You’re gonna have to homeschool her. | 你要在家里教她 |
[18:13] | That’s funny. | 太搞笑了吧 |
[18:15] | Oh, you’re good, Carlos. | 哦 真有你的 Carlos |
[18:17] | We needed something to cut the tension. | 我们需要缓解紧张的方法 |
[18:19] | But seriously, what do we do? | 实话说 我们怎么办? |
[18:22] | Seriously? | 实话说? |
[18:23] | We enroll online, | 我们网上入学 |
[18:24] | They send us the curriculum, and you teach her. | 他们把课程发给我们 然后你教她 |
[18:27] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Before this gets ugly, | 哇… 丑话说在前头 |
[18:30] | you do realize I don’t know how to teach. | 你可是知道我不会教人 |
[18:32] | Really? You taught Juanita a few choice words. | 真的吗? 你教了Juanita几个非常好的单词 |
[18:35] | Me? How about you? | 我? 那你呢? |
[18:37] | What a blank of a day! | 今天真XX糟了! |
[18:39] | Earl at the office is such a blank. | 公司里的Earl真是个XX |
[18:42] | I wanna kick the blank out of his blank. | 我想要给他XX尝尝XX |
[18:44] | Oh, yeah? How about, that blanking hairdresser | 噢 呵呵? 那个XX的理发师 |
[18:48] | totally screwed up my blanking hair! | 把我XX的头发彻底剪坏了! |
[18:50] | Look at me! I’m totally blanked! | 看着我! 我XX糟透了! |
[18:53] | The blanking client didn’t sign the deal, | 那个XX的客户没有签合同 |
[18:55] | and we lost a blankload of money. | 我们损失了XX很多钱 |
[18:56] | Wah! Blank, blank, blank! | 哇! XX XX XX! |
[19:01] | Okay. We are both at fault. | 好 我们都有错 |
[19:05] | But you’re homeschooling her. | 可是你要在家里教她 |
[19:06] | Fine, | 好 |
[19:07] | but I know someone who isn’t getting blanked tonight. | 可是你要知道某人今晚可没XX了哦 |
[19:11] | Fine with me. | 没关系 |
[19:12] | I blanked off earlier. | 我今天已经XX过了 |
[19:22] | Thanks again for the pie. | 谢谢你的派 |
[19:23] | You’re welcome. | 没事 |
[19:26] | So I see you’re wearing the brooch. | 你带那个胸针了 |
[19:28] | I must say it was awfully sweet of Karl | 不得不说Karl很用心 |
[19:30] | to give you his grandmother’s jewelry. | 把他祖母的首饰送给你 |
[19:32] | When you were married, did he do that sort of thing often… | 当你结婚了 他会经常… |
[19:35] | – surprise you with little gifts? – Constantly. | – 送礼物给你惊喜吗? – 经常 |
[19:38] | Really? | 真的? |
[19:40] | Yeah, of course, after a while I knew that it just meant | 是的 当然 但是过了一段时间以后 |
[19:43] | that he’d cheated and was feeling guilty. | 他是因为出轨 有愧于心 才送我礼物的 |
[19:45] | Once he went to Barbados and brought me back | 有一次他去巴巴多斯岛 给我带了 |
[19:47] | a pair of sapphire earrings. I cried for days. | 一对蓝宝石耳环 我哭了几天 |
[19:51] | Oh. | 噢 |
[19:53] | So… | 嗯… |
[19:54] | Why the sudden fascination with Karl? | 你怎么突然对Karl的事这么着迷? |
[19:56] | Oh, I’m hardly fascinated, just curious. | 哈 我没有着迷啊 只是有点好奇罢了 |
[20:00] | When you talk about your marriage to him, | 你谈起你和他的婚姻时 |
[20:02] | It’s always about the lies and the cheating, | 差不多都关于谎言与欺骗之类的 |
[20:04] | And you never really talk about the good times. | 而且从不谈及一些美好时光 |
[20:08] | Well, there were wonderful times. | 嗯 也有一些高兴的事 |
[20:10] | Yeah, he was always a good kisser, | 没错 他接吻很有一套 |
[20:13] | And he could always make me laugh. | 他总能逗我笑 |
[20:16] | You know, the truth is, if he had begged my forgiveness… | 其实 只要他请求我的原谅… |
[20:21] | I mean, if just once… | 或者说 只要有一次… |
[20:23] | He had told me that he was willing to change… | 他能对我承诺 他会改变… |
[20:29] | Oh! | 哦! |
[20:31] | The hell with Karl. | 别提Karl了 |
[20:33] | In fact, um… | 其实 嗯… |
[20:36] | Here. | 给 |
[20:38] | No, Susan. It’s yours. | 不要 这是你的 |
[20:40] | No, it’s Karl’s. | 不 这是Karl的 |
[20:43] | And the only jewelry I should be wearing now is Mike’s. | 我现在只应该带Mike给我的珠宝 |
[20:47] | Well, if you insist. | 好吧 既然你这么坚持 |
[20:49] | And by the way, thanks. | 另外 要谢谢你 |
[20:51] | It felt good | 感觉还真不错 |
[20:52] | To say a few nice things about Karl for a change, you know. | 像这样忽然间说说Karl好的一面 |
[20:55] | Well, it was nice to hear them. | 哈 听听这些蛮有意思的 |
[21:01] | Here you go, Gaby. It’s kinda old. | 拿来了 Gaby 有点旧了 |
[21:04] | It’s from before the Soviet Union broke up. | 这是苏联解体前就买的 |
[21:07] | The Soviet Union broke up? | 苏联解体了吗? |
[21:11] | You sure you know what you’re doing | 你真的明白如何实施 |
[21:12] | – With this homeschooling thing? – Oh, honey, Juanita’s in first grade. | – “在家教育” 吗? – 哦 亲爱的 Juanita不过是在上一年级呢 |
[21:15] | She’ll believe what I tell her. | 我说什么她都会信的 |
[21:17] | Hey, your phone. Oh! | 嗨 你手机掉地上了! |
[21:18] | Ooh. I popped my button. | 哦 我弄掉了个扣子 |
[21:21] | Actually, Lynette, I’m not surprised. | 其实 Lynette 我并不感到奇怪 |
[21:24] | What? | 奇怪什么? |
[21:26] | Well, I wasn’t gonna bring it up, | 嗯 本来我并不想提起 |
[21:27] | But… You have been getting a little rounder lately. | 但… 你最近有点发福了 |
[21:30] | Well, what can I tell you, Gaby? | 哈 我能说什么呀 Gaby? |
[21:33] | I’m working long hours, | 我长时间工作 |
[21:36] | I’m not exercising, | 没有锻炼 |
[21:37] | Eating a bunch of junk at work. | 忙得只能吃些垃圾食品 |
[21:39] | Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets even bigger than this. | 是啊 如果她变得比现在更胖了 我也不觉得奇怪 |
[21:43] | Don’t you have some homework? | 你难道就没有家庭作业吗? |
[21:46] | Actually, I’ve gotta pick up some books at the library. | 有啊 我要去图书馆借些书 |
[21:49] | Good. I’ll clean up. Bye. | 不错 我也要打扫打扫了 再见 |
[21:53] | Seriously, Lynette, you can lose this weight in one month. | 说真的 Lynette 只须一个月就可以甩掉这些赘肉 |
[21:56] | No, Gaby, I really can’t. | 不行呀 Gaby 我可没这个本事 |
[21:58] | Yes, you can, and I’m gonna help you. | 可以的 我可以帮你 |
[22:00] | What do you say we meet every morning at 7:00 | 我们每天早上7:00 |
[22:02] | – And go for a run? – I don’t know. That’s right around the time | – 一起跑步如何? – 可能不行吧 七点钟正是 |
[22:06] | I’m getting the kids ready for school. | 我给孩子们准备上学的时间 |
[22:07] | Lynette, you cannot let this go. You know the expression… | Lynette 你不能这么拖下去 有句话说… |
[22:09] | “the longer you wait, the bigger the butt.” | “拖得越长 腰身越胖” |
[22:13] | If you’ll excuse me, I have to get that. | 不好意思 我接个电话 |
[22:15] | It might be another friend | 可能又是哪一个朋友 |
[22:16] | Calling to tell me my ass is too fat. | 打电话来说我臀部太肥了 |
[22:18] | – Well, I’m just trying to help. All right. – Bye. I love you. | – 哎 我只是想帮帮你 那算了 – 再见 我爱你 |
[22:22] | Hello? | 喂? |
[22:25] | No, T-scav just left. | 他不在 T-scav刚出门 |
[22:26] | This is L-scav. May I help you? | 我是L-scav 需要我帮忙吗? |
[22:35] | I’m… I’m sorry. What party? | 嗯… 我没听明白 什么聚会? |
[22:45] | Oh, Nieder Meyer! | |
[22:47] | – Hey, Mrs. Scavo. – Hi! | – 嘿 Scavo太太 – 嗨! |
[22:49] | Would you mind slide some wine on a watermelon? | 要不要给西瓜打针? |
[22:51] | Gosh, tempting, but I just wanna find my husband | 天哪 太诱人了 可惜我得先找到我丈夫 |
[22:55] | And bring him home. | 然后带他回家 |
[22:56] | – Uh, he’s not here. – Don’t cover for him. | – 啊 他不在这 – 别为他掩饰了 |
[22:59] | Somebody called our house wanting to know | 有人打电话找他 |
[23:01] | why he hadn’t shown up with the keg yet. | 想知道他为什么还没把啤酒送到? |
[23:03] | Brilliant. | 好样的 |
[23:04] | Niedermeyer, please. Tom has actual responsibilities. | Niedermeyer 拜托了 Tom是承担着家庭责任的 |
[23:08] | His jell-o shots and beer pong days are over, | 他插科打诨 花天酒地的年纪早过了 |
[23:12] | And I don’t appreciate his new buddies | 但我不希望他的新兄弟们 |
[23:14] | Making him think they’re not. | 让他以为他还是那个年纪 |
[23:16] | He’s not our buddy. | 他不是我们的兄弟 |
[23:17] | I don’t care. I just wanna know where he is. | 这个无所谓 我只想知道他在哪里 |
[23:20] | He just dropped off the keg and left. | 他刚刚卸下啤酒走了 |
[23:22] | Well… wait! Wait! | 嗨… 等一下! 等一下! |
[23:25] | If he’s not your friend, why is he buying you a keg? | 如果他不你的朋友 他干吗给你买啤酒? |
[23:27] | Why is he making you dinner at our house? | 他干吗要在家里请你们吃饭? |
[23:34] | Okay, boys. | 好吧 两位 |
[23:35] | No! Oh, no, no, no! | 不要! 哦 不 不 不要! |
[23:37] | Without this watermelon, | 没有这个西瓜的话 |
[23:38] | All these pretty girls will stay sober, | 这里的美女们就不会迷迷糊糊了 |
[23:41] | And we know what that means. | 我们都知道 那将意味着什么 |
[23:43] | No! No! Okay! Okay! We’ll tell you! | 不要! 不要! 好吧! 好吧! 我们告诉你! |
[23:45] | Dude, she’s got our melon! | 老大 她拿了我们的西瓜了呀! |
[23:50] | Tom’s doing stuff for us | Tom是在为我们做事 |
[23:51] | Because we gave him the answers to the midterm. | 因为我们给了他期中考试的答案 |
[23:55] | He’s cheating off you? | 他靠你们作弊? |
[23:56] | No. We’ve got a connection in the math department. | 没有 我们在数学系里有内线 |
[23:59] | We get the tests. | 我们可以得到试题 |
[24:02] | Wait, uh, Mrs. Scavo, can we get our watermelon back? | 等等 嗯 Scavo太太 还我们西瓜好吗? |
[24:12] | – You coming to bed? – Just a sec. | – 还不上床吗? – 马上就来 |
[24:17] | Oh. So exhausted. | 哦 太累了 |
[24:21] | Oh. | 是吗 |
[24:22] | Okay. | 那算了 |
[24:24] | No, no, no. Wait. Wait. I am not that exhausted. | 别 别 别 等一下 等一下 我还不至于累到这种程度 |
[24:26] | Oh. Okay. | 啊 行啊 |
[24:30] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[24:31] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[24:37] | Delfino plumbing. | 这里是Delfino管道服务 |
[24:40] | Uh, yeah. | 啊 好的 |
[24:43] | Well, exactly what’s the problem? | 具体是什么问题? |
[24:45] | Look, I-I’m… I’m not on call tonight. | 不过 今晚恐怕不行了 |
[24:47] | I’ll… I’ll try to stop by tomorrow. | 我明天登门服务如何? |
[24:50] | That’s right, buster. You’re not going anywhere tonight. | 这就对了 伙计 今晚你哪都别去 |
[24:53] | Mmm. No kidding. | 嗯 别开玩笑了 |
[24:56] | Katherine can fix her own leak. | Katherine她自己会补漏洞的 |
[24:58] | That was Katherine? | 是Katherine的电话? |
[25:00] | You gotta get over there right now. | 你得马上就去 |
[25:02] | Look, I know we’ve gotta be friends with her, | 我们得跟她交朋友 |
[25:04] | But not at 11:00. And not when you’re wearing this. | 可是已经11:00了 还有你还穿成这个样子了呢 |
[25:07] | – Okay, she could sue us. – Oh, she’s not gonna sue us over this. | – 不行 她会告我们的 – 她不会因为这件事就告我们 |
[25:10] | It’s not like our dog peed on her flowers. I shot her. | 这不是我们家的狗在她花园里撒尿 是我开枪打中了她啊 |
[25:14] | So call her back and tell her you’ll be right over. | 马上打电话给她 说立马赶到 |
[25:17] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[25:19] | How long will it take anyway? | 多久才能修好? |
[25:20] | I don’t know. It’s a leak in her master bath. | 不知道 主卫生间有个漏洞 |
[25:24] | In the bedroom? | 在卧室? |
[25:32] | Hello, Mike. | 你好啊 Mike |
[25:35] | And Susan. What are you doing here? | Susan 你来这干吗? |
[25:38] | I came to assist my husband, | 我来给丈夫帮帮忙 |
[25:41] | Get the job done in half the time. | 让他事半功倍 |
[25:45] | Hey, um, where’s your sling? | 嗨 你包扎的肩带呢? |
[25:48] | Oh! My shoulder’s feeling much better. Thank you. | 哦! 我的肩已经好多了 谢谢 |
[25:51] | That’s great! | 那太好了! |
[25:53] | So it doesn’t hurt if I do this? | 那这样摸摸不要紧吧? |
[25:56] | Hey, why don’t we take a look at this leaky faucet? | 嗯 还是让我们看看漏水的龙头吧? |
[25:59] | Uh, uh, no. | 啊 不用了 |
[26:00] | Actually, it’s the, um, garbage disposal in the kitchen. | 其实 是厨房的废物处理装置坏了 |
[26:04] | But I thought you said it was in the master bath. | 但我记得你是说主卫生间有点漏 |
[26:07] | Mike, seriously, | Mike 真的吗? |
[26:09] | Why would a garbage disposal be in the master bath? | 废物处理装置怎么会在主卫生间呢? |
[26:12] | Come on. This way. | 来吧 这边走 |
[26:14] | It’s just making this awful sound. | 只是有点噪音 |
[26:16] | Well, they’re supposed to make an awful sound. | 嗯 它们本来就有些噪音的 |
[26:35] | What are you doing up here? | 你上来干嘛? |
[26:37] | I knew I never should’ve trusted you. | 我早就知道不该相信你的 |
[26:39] | You just wanted Mike over here to try to seduce him. | 你叫Mike过来就是想勾引他 |
[26:41] | Really, Susan. | 真的吗 Susan? |
[26:43] | You have the most suspicious mind. | 你疑心太重了 |
[26:46] | Oh, please. Look at this place. | 哦 天哪 看看这里 |
[26:48] | Even I’m getting turned on. | 即使我也有些被迷住了 |
[26:50] | So I lit a few candles and sprinkled some rose petals. | 那又怎样 点些蜡烛 撒些玫瑰花瓣 |
[26:54] | I do that every night. | 我每天晚上都是这样啊 |
[26:56] | Really? Mm. | 真的吗? |
[26:57] | Do you also drink an entire bottle of champagne? | 你喝一整瓶的香槟吗? |
[27:01] | Maybe I have a little problem, okay? | 也许有点怪僻 是吗? |
[27:02] | No, you have a big problem, Katherine. Mike! | 不 你的问题大了 Katherine Mike! |
[27:05] | There’s no reason to bring him into this. | 你凭什么叫他来这里 |
[27:06] | Oh, well, you say that you do this every night, | 哦 你说你每晚都这样 |
[27:09] | And he used to spend a lot of nights here. | 而他过去常在这里欢度春宵 |
[27:11] | So why don’t we see if it looks familiar to him? Mike! | 那么 我们干吗不问问 他对这种场面是否熟悉? Mike! |
[27:14] | Mike, I need you to come up here! Mike! | Mike 你快来这里看看! Mike! |
[27:17] | Come up here right now! | 快点! |
[27:19] | Stop! Stop! Stop that’s evidence! | 住手! 住手! 不许销毁证据! |
[27:21] | Leave me alone! | 别拦着我! |
[27:24] | Oh, my god. A bubble bath?! | 哦 天哪 泡泡浴?! |
[27:28] | This is now a bad Jackie Collins novel. | 这真像是Jackie Collins(英国言情小说家)的粗糙小说 |
[27:31] | I want you out of my house. | 你马上离开我的房子 |
[27:32] | Katherine, you need help. | Katherine 你真该去看看病了 |
[27:35] | What you’re doing here… it’s sick! | 你在这里做什么啊… 太恶心了! |
[27:38] | Y-you don’t actually think that rose petals and champagne | 你想想 那些玫瑰花瓣和香槟 |
[27:41] | Are gonna work on Mike. He loves me! | 真的会对Mike起作用吗? 他爱的是我! |
[27:44] | Don’t push me, Susan. I’ll sue you! | 别逼我 Susan 我要起诉你! |
[27:46] | Oh, you know what? Go ahead. Sue me! | 是吗? 你知道吗? 去吧 起诉去吧! |
[27:49] | And while you’re at it, | 就趁现在去 |
[27:50] | Get me for assault with a strawberry, too. | 顺便起诉我用草莓袭击你 |
[27:52] | – Uhh! – Just… | – 啊! – 真是… |
[27:59] | You bitch! Aah! | 你这个贱人! 啊! |
[28:02] | Crazy! Aah! | 你疯了! 啊! |
[28:21] | F.Y.I, | 你要知道 |
[28:23] | We hate her again. | 这是新仇加旧恨 |
[28:42] | Mahoney called me and told me that you… | Mahoney来电话了 说你… |
[28:44] | Know about the cheating? Yeah. I do. | 知道作弊的事了? 是的 我知道 |
[28:47] | What I don’t know is what the hell’s the matter with you. | 我所不知道的是 你到底搞什么鬼 |
[28:50] | Why would you do something that stupid? | 你怎么会做那么蠢的事? |
[28:53] | Because it is a required course that I will never use, | 因为这是一门必修课 但对我一点用处也没有 |
[28:57] | And… | 而且… |
[28:59] | I’m failing it. | 我会挂掉这门课 |
[29:02] | You’re failing? | 你会挂科? |
[29:06] | We can’t afford to have you fail. | 我们负担不了你挂科的后果啊 |
[29:08] | I know. That’s why I did this, | 我知道 所以我这么做 |
[29:10] | So that I could focus all of my attention | 以便我能全身心地扑在 |
[29:12] | On my core classes. | 我的核心课程上 |
[29:14] | Are… are you failing those, too? | 核心课程也没通过吗? |
[29:16] | No… | 不是… |
[29:17] | But it’s touch-and-go. | 不过 也快了 |
[29:21] | My advisor warned me that learning a language at my age | 我的指导都是跟我说 在我这个年龄学习一门语言 |
[29:25] | would be difficult, | 并不容易 |
[29:26] | And Mandarin is one of the hardest. | 而汉语是最难的一种语言 |
[29:28] | I study and I study, but I-I’m always behind. | 我拼命学呀学 但我总是学不好 |
[29:32] | Lynette, you gotta understand, I am drowning here. | Lynette 你明白吗 我走投无路了 |
[29:40] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[29:43] | What? | 什么? |
[29:45] | You’re having trouble in school? Talk to me. | 你不是在学习上遇到困难了吗? 把困难告诉我 |
[29:47] | Talk to your professors. Hire a tutor. | 告诉你的教授们 请一位家庭教师 |
[29:48] | What you don’t do is cheat. | 你唯一不能做的就是作弊 |
[29:51] | Come on, Lynette. It… it is statistics. | 得了 Lynette 那门课是统计学 |
[29:54] | I’m never gonna use it. | 我到死都用不上的 |
[29:55] | It’s the principle of the thing, Tom! | 这是原则问题 Tom! |
[29:58] | What if the kids found out? | 如果孩子发现了你在欺骗结果会怎样? |
[29:59] | What kind of example are you setting for them? | 你给他们树立的什么样的榜样啊? |
[30:03] | The same one you’re setting. | 一个同你一样的榜样 |
[30:06] | When Gabrielle asked you if you were gaining weight, | 当Gabrielle问你是否发胖时 |
[30:08] | – Didn’t you lie? – Oh, clearly that’s different. | – 你不也撒谎了吗? – 哦 这完全是两回事 |
[30:11] | – Why? – Because of the consequences. | – 为什么? – 因为这会带来不良后果 |
[30:14] | You could get kicked out of school. | 你会被开除的 |
[30:16] | And you could lose one of your best friends. | 你可能会失去你最好的朋友 |
[30:19] | I’m going to tell Gaby the truth… | 我会告诉Gaby真相的… |
[30:22] | – Eventually. – And when you do, she’ll tell Carlos. | – 总有一天 – 等你告诉她的时候 她就会告诉Carlos |
[30:25] | And when he finds out | 等他发现 |
[30:25] | that his new vice president lied to him, he may fire you. | 你这个新任副总裁欺骗他 他就会炒你鱿鱼 |
[30:28] | You… you wanna talk to me some more about consequences? | 你… 你还想和我谈谈不良后果吗? |
[30:32] | I think the way you’re trying to rationalize your behavior | 我觉得你这种想方设法开脱自己的行为 |
[30:34] | – is pathetic. – We are two middle-aged people, Lynette. | – 真是悲哀 – 我们都是中年人 Lynette |
[30:38] | We both know the value of principles. | 我们都知道原则的重要 |
[30:40] | We also know something that we’ve never told the kids… | 我们也知道一些可悲的事 只是从未将这个告诉孩子们… |
[30:43] | that there are, sadly, some times in life | 那就是 在生活中有的时候 |
[30:45] | when you need to break the rules in order to survive. | 为了生存 你不得不违反一些规则 |
[30:53] | I cheated on a test. | 我是作弊了 |
[30:55] | You don’t want to pat me on the back? Fine. | 你不支持我? 没关系 |
[30:56] | But don’t act like you are better than me | 但是别表现的你比我强多少 |
[30:58] | ’cause you’re not. | 因为你和我一样 |
[31:04] | “‘okay,’ said Skippy. | “‘好的’ Skippy说 |
[31:05] | “I’ll meet you down at Red Creek after school.” | “我放学后在红色小溪等你” |
[31:09] | This is boring. Can I watch TV? | 太无聊了 我能不能看会电视? |
[31:12] | Juanita, while you’re here with me, | Juanita 你和我在一起的时候 |
[31:14] | it’s the same as if you were at school. | 跟你在学校是一样的 |
[31:15] | We just finished gym class. Now it’s time for reading. | 我们刚上完体育课 现在上阅读课 |
[31:18] | Ironing isn’t gym class. | 烫衣服可不是体育课 |
[31:20] | Hey, who’s the teacher here, huh? | 嘿 谁是老师 啊? |
[31:22] | Read! | 读! |
[31:24] | You read. | 你念吧 |
[31:28] | Juanita! | |
[31:30] | Come on. | 快点 |
[31:32] | Let’s just finish this chapter. | 我们把这章读完吧 |
[31:42] | Don’t even think about it. | 想都别想 |
[31:47] | I’m warning you. I am not playing. | 我警告你 这可不是玩 |
[31:56] | Juanita, so help me god… | Juanita 天啊 求你了… |
[32:00] | – Pick it up! – No. | – 捡起来! – 不 |
[32:02] | Pick it up or end up on the floor next to it. | 捡起来 要不就给我滚地上去 |
[32:12] | Thank you. That’s much better. | 谢谢 这样好多了 |
[32:16] | Whoops. | 哎呀 |
[32:19] | Hello? So what did we learn today? | 有人吗? 我们今天学了什么? |
[32:22] | – Pick up the book! Pick it up! – No! No! | – 捡起来! 捡起来! – 不! 不! |
[32:26] | Gaby, what the hell is going on?! | Gaby 搞什么名堂啊?! |
[32:29] | It’s called homeschooling! | 这就叫家庭教学! |
[32:35] | I did what you asked, Karl. | 我听你的 想过了 Karl |
[32:36] | I went home and thought about your proposal. | 我回到家了 考虑了你的求婚 |
[32:39] | And? No, wait. Not yet. Do I need to brace myself? | 然后呢? 不 等一下 先别说 我要不要抱抱自己呢? |
[32:43] | – I’m not gonna say no. – Really? | – 我不会说不 – 真的? |
[32:45] | or yes. What’s the point | 但也不会同意 我有个甩不掉的丈夫 |
[32:47] | when I already have a husband I can’t seem to shake? | 答应你的求婚有什么意义呢? |
[32:50] | So for now, you might wanna focus on getting me a divorce. | 所以现在 你应该考虑集中精力让我离婚 |
[32:53] | And if I do that, you’ll marry me? | 如果我成功了 你会嫁给我吗? |
[32:54] | No, not you, but I am interested in this other Karl… | 不 不是你 我感兴趣的是另外一个Karl… |
[32:59] | the one you say you’re planning to become. | 那个你计划变成的Karl |
[33:01] | Yeah, if you marry me. | 当然 如果你嫁给我的话 |
[33:04] | Well, I’m afraid | 恐怕 |
[33:05] | He’s gonna have to make an appearance sooner than that. | 在那之前 他必须要有所表现 |
[33:08] | I think I can arrange a meeting. | 我觉得我安排我们约个会 |
[33:11] | Oh! That’s another thing. No sex for at least a month. | 噢! 另外一件事 一个月都不能做爱 |
[33:15] | – A month? – You are too adept at using it to cloud my judgment. | – 一个月? – 你太善于用这种手段影响我的判断 |
[33:18] | I wanna see you through eyes that are clear, | 我希望能够在眼睛雪亮的时候 看到你的改变 |
[33:20] | – not rolling back in my head. – So I have to be a good boy and no sex. | – 而不是在床上的时候 – 所以我得当个乖宝宝 而且不能上床 |
[33:24] | It’s like we’re married already. | 这简直就像我们已经结婚了 |
[33:26] | Karl, if we go public with this, let alone marry, | Karl 如果我们把这事公开 别说结婚 |
[33:28] | There will be serious consequences. | 后果一定很严重 |
[33:31] | Susan may never speak to me again, | Susan可能再也不会和我说话了 |
[33:32] | and god only knows what Orson will do. | 天知道Orson会做出什么事来 |
[33:34] | I will not even contemplate paying that price | 在我确定你真的值得我这么做之前 |
[33:37] | until I’m sure you’re damn well worth it. | 我可不想轻举妄动 |
[33:40] | And if can prove that you are… | 如果你能证明自己… |
[33:45] | Then you can give this to me again. | 你再把这个给我 |
[33:47] | And next time, it’ll mean something. | 下次 就真的意味着什么了 |
[34:05] | Well, did you talk with her? Is she ready to apologize? | 呃 你和她谈了吗? 她准备要道歉了吗? |
[34:08] | Mm, not quite. | 嗯 还没有 |
[34:10] | She heard what you said to the principal, | 她听说你对校长说的话了 |
[34:12] | and she is blaming you | 她怪你 |
[34:13] | – for her not being allowed to go back to school. – So you defended me, right? | – 让她不能回学校上学 – 你帮我说话了 对吧? |
[34:17] | Well, that was a little tough, | 呃 这有点难 |
[34:18] | – what with her being right and you being wrong. – What do you mean wrong? I did what I did for her. | – 因为她是对的 你是错的 – 你什么意思? 我这是为了她 |
[34:25] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[34:27] | You don’t think that maybe a teeny bit of that | 你不觉得 你这样有一点点是在反驳 |
[34:29] | was in response to you being criticized as a mom? | 人家对你这个当妈的批评? |
[34:32] | No! | 没有! |
[34:35] | Well, maybe “the horse you rode in on” part, | 呃 可能 “你乱搞的马” 那一部分 |
[34:38] | but the original sentiment was all in defense of our daughter. | 但是我从一开始就是为了给她说话呀 |
[34:41] | Where does she get off being mad at me? | 她怎么能反过来怪我呢? |
[34:42] | Gaby, she can’t go to school and be with her friends. | Gaby 她不能去上学 不能和朋友一起玩 |
[34:45] | She can’t have people over | 周围一个朋友也没有 |
[34:46] | because a chimp mauled a clown at her birthday party. | 因为有个黑猩猩在她生日聚会上揍了小丑 |
[34:50] | She has every right to be mad. | 她当然有权生气 |
[34:52] | You… Not so much. | 你… 就差多了 |
[35:15] | Ma? It’s me. | 妈妈? 是我 |
[35:18] | I know. It’s been a long time. I’m sorry. | 我知道 已经很长时间了 对不起 |
[35:22] | No, you know I can’t tell you that. | 不 我不能告诉你 |
[35:24] | Just… Know that we’re safe, okay? | 你知道我们是安全的 就行了 好吗? |
[35:27] | Oh, ma, please, don’t cry. | 噢 妈妈 求你了 别哭 |
[35:30] | We only have a few minutes to talk, okay? | 我们只能说几分钟 好吗? |
[35:34] | He’s good. | 他很好 |
[35:36] | He just turned 19. | 19岁了 |
[35:39] | I know. Can you believe it? | 我知道 你能相信吗? |
[35:42] | Yeah, I wish we could, too. Uh, it’s just too risky. | 是啊 我也希望 但是太危险了 |
[35:46] | But, you know, maybe one of these days… | 但是 你知道 可能以后… |
[35:51] | Ma, I gotta go. | 妈妈 我要挂了 |
[35:52] | I-I-I’ll talk to you soon. Rimanga bene, okay? | 我很快给你打电话 保重(意大利语) 好吗? |
[35:58] | Hey ya, Katherine. What you got there? | 嘿 Katherine 你带什么来了? |
[36:01] | I thought you said your mother was dead. | 我听你说过你妈妈死了 |
[36:04] | Oh, yeah. That was my mother-in-law. | 噢 是啊 这是我的婆婆 |
[36:06] | Nick’s mom. | Nick的妈妈 |
[36:08] | Oh! | 噢! |
[36:09] | You call her “ma”? | 你管她叫”妈”? |
[36:10] | We’re close. | 我们关系很亲密 |
[36:12] | I didn’t hear you come in. | 我没听到你敲门 |
[36:14] | The front door was open. Here. | 大门是开着的 给你 |
[36:18] | Hey, is that one of those prepaid phones? | 嘿 这是预付费电话吗? |
[36:21] | Oh, yeah. When Nick and I went on vacation, | 噢 是啊 我和Nick去度假的时候 |
[36:23] | We bought this to call home. | 我们买的 给家里打电话 |
[36:25] | And then we had some minutes left over, | 还剩了点话费 |
[36:26] | So I figured I’d use ’em up. What’s on your mind, Katherine? | 所以我想把他们用完 你在想什么 Katherine? |
[36:31] | Well, I wanted to drop off the cake as promised | 呃 我按约定把这个蛋糕送来 |
[36:34] | And tell you last night, Susan and I had a big fight. | 告诉你 昨天晚上Susan和我打了一仗 |
[36:39] | She threw me into the bathtub. | 她把我扔到浴缸里去了 |
[36:41] | Really? | 真的? |
[36:43] | First she shoots me, now she tries to drown me. | 她先是开枪打我 然后又要把我淹死 |
[36:45] | I’m going to the police, | 我要报警 |
[36:47] | so I’m gonna need that gun for evidence. | 所以我要拿那把枪做证据 |
[36:49] | What gun? | 什么枪? |
[36:52] | The one she shot me with. | 她射我的那把 |
[36:54] | The one Danny gave Julie. | Danny给Julie的那把 |
[36:59] | Oh. | 哦 |
[37:01] | Listen, Katherine, I really don’t think it’s a good idea | 听着 Katherine 我觉得让警察搅进来 |
[37:03] | Gettin’ the police involved. | 不太好 |
[37:07] | Just stick to your plan. | 你就按你的计划做就行了 |
[37:10] | I hate that she can get away with this. | 我不想让她逍遥快活 |
[37:18] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[37:20] | Nick’s not Italian, is he? | Nick不是意大利人吧? |
[37:22] | No. Why? | 不是啊 为什么这么问? |
[37:25] | ‘Cause you were talking to his mother in Italian. | 因为我刚才听到你和他妈妈说意大利语 |
[37:28] | Oh, she likes it. Makes her feel sophisticated. | 噢 她喜欢这样 装高深 |
[37:33] | I have a doctor’s appointment in 40 minutes. | 40分钟之后我要去看医生 |
[37:35] | I really should get dressed. But thank you for the cake. | 我得换衣服去了 谢谢你的蛋糕 |
[37:46] | What’s that, sweetie, your homework? | 你在做什么 亲爱的 家庭作业吗? |
[37:49] | It’s all homework now, isn’t it? | 现在都是家庭作业了 不是吗? |
[37:54] | Look, Juanita, | 听着 Juanita |
[37:55] | You know, when I was young, I used to get picked on | 你知道 在我小的时候 经常被人欺负 |
[37:57] | because I was the littlest kid in my class, | 因为我是班上最小的孩子 |
[38:00] | and I couldn’t defend myself from the bullies. | 没办法保护自己 |
[38:03] | And then I discovered a part of me that was big… | 后来我发现我有一方面很厉害… |
[38:06] | My mouth. | 就是我的嘴 |
[38:08] | And I’ve been fighting back with it ever since. | 从那以后我就用嘴反击了 |
[38:10] | So when Mrs. Peterson said those mean things, | 所以当Peterson夫人说那些坏话的时候 |
[38:12] | – I had to defend you. – Why? I said a bad word. | – 我不得不为你说话 – 为什么? 我说了脏话 |
[38:16] | If you just let her punish me, this would all be over. | 如果你让她惩罚我 现在什么都结束了 |
[38:19] | Believe me, leaving that school | 相信我 离开那个学校 |
[38:20] | Is gonna wind up being a good thing. | 肯定是件好事 |
[38:22] | – Mrs. Peterson is a bully. – I like Mrs. Peterson. | – Peterson夫人欺负人 – 我喜欢Peterson夫人 |
[38:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:32] | I was wrong, and I’m sorry you’re upset. | 我错了 对不起 让你难过了 |
[38:38] | You still think I’m a good mom, right? | 你还觉得我是个好妈妈 是吧? |
[38:44] | Honey? | 亲爱的? |
[38:46] | Can we just read? | 我们还是读书吧? |
[38:56] | I’m telling you, Katherine cannot be trusted. | 我告诉你 不能相信Katherine |
[38:58] | The way she talks about stealing Mike back from you? | 她说要从你身边夺回Mike? |
[39:01] | She has completely lost it. | 她完全疯了 |
[39:02] | Believe me, I know. Mike and I have a new rule. | 相信我 我知道 Mike和我定了个新规矩 |
[39:06] | We’re going to pretend that Katherine doesn’t exist. | 我们假装Katherine根本不存在 |
[39:09] | You think that’s gonna be enough? | 你觉得这就够了? |
[39:11] | You need to get her off the street. | 你得把她赶出这条街 |
[39:13] | Katherine hates you, | Katherine恨你 |
[39:15] | and I’m not talkin’ “dirty looks in the supermarket” hate. | 那种恨 不是像在超市遇到就摆张臭脸 |
[39:17] | That woman is dangerous. | 这女人很危险 |
[39:20] | Dangerous how? | 为什么危险? |
[39:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:24] | I can’t believe I’m even saying this. | 我不相信我居然说出来了 |
[39:26] | But do you know where Katherine was | Julie被攻击的那天晚上 |
[39:28] | the night that Julie was attacked? | 你知道Katherine在哪吗? |
[39:35] | No. That’s crazy. Um… | 不 这太扯了… |
[39:39] | Why would Katherine want to hurt Julie? | Katherine干嘛伤害Julie? |
[39:42] | You had just married the man that she loved. | 你刚刚和她爱的人结婚 |
[39:45] | It was dark. | 天色很暗 |
[39:46] | A woman walked out of your house… | 一个女人正好从你家出来… |
[39:52] | Maybe she didn’t think it was Julie. | 可能她以为那不是Julie |
[40:01] | There are so many rules in this world. | 这个世界上有很多规则 |
[40:04] | That’s why we must start learning them | 这就是为什么 |
[40:07] | while we are still children. | 我们还是小孩子的时候就要开始学习 |
[40:10] | We are told very clearly… | 我们被明确告知… |
[40:13] | “don’t say bad words.” | “不要说脏话” |
[40:17] | “you’re not allowed to cheat on tests.” | “不能作弊” |
[40:24] | “it’s not nice to lie to your friends.” | “对朋友说谎是不对的” |
[40:30] | “you shouldn’t covet a man who isn’t yours.” | “不要贪恋不属于你的人” |
[40:36] | “and you shouldn’t betray a man who is.” | “也不能背叛属于你的人” |
[40:41] | So we grow up, and still we break the rules… | 我们长大之后 仍然在破坏这些规矩… |
[40:45] | Completely forgetting that if someone catches us, | 完全忘记了 如果我们被抓现行 |
[40:51] | We will be punished. | 是要接受惩罚的 |
[40:54] | – Hi there. – Yes, good afternoon, sir. | – 你好 – 下午好 先生 |
[40:56] | Uh, I was hoping to replace | 我想买个有浮雕贝壳的胸针 |
[40:58] | a cameo brooch my wife purchased here. | 我妻子在这买过 |
[41:00] | – I’d like to surprise her. – A brooch? | – 我想给她一个惊喜 – 胸针? |
[41:02] | Um, we don’t have anything like that here. | 呃 我这里不买这种东西 |
[41:05] | You must be mistaken. | 你肯定搞错了 |
[41:06] | My wife was quite specific about where she purchased it. | 我妻子说的很清楚 是在这买的呀 |
[41:09] | Sorry. Uh, we sell furniture. | 对不起 呃 我们只卖家具 |
[41:12] | She must’ve gotten it somewhere else. | 她肯定是从别的地方买的 |
[41:14] | Um, excuse me. | 呃 不好意思 |