时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Desperate Housewives… | |
[00:02] | I’m getting married, and I don’t wanna screw it up, | 我要结婚了 我不想把这搞砸 |
[00:05] | ’cause enough of those screwups, and you just end up alone. | 总是搞砸的话 你就只能孤独终老了 |
[00:09] | Gaby discovered that old flames… | Gaby发现旧情人… |
[00:10] | Yeah, that can happen. | 确实有可能 |
[00:12] | can leave embers. | 仍余情未了 |
[00:14] | Do you at least know why he steals? | 你清楚他为什么要偷窃吗? |
[00:17] | – I steal to hurt you. – Bree’s tortured marriage… | – 我偷东西是为了为你伤心 – Bree扭曲的婚姻… |
[00:20] | I’m not your wife anymore, Orson. I’m your captive. | 我已经不再是你的妻子 Orson 而你是的俘虏 |
[00:22] | Don’t you feel any remorse at all over that? | 你对此难道一点都不后悔吗? |
[00:24] | Guilt is a small price to pay for happiness. | 内疚只是为了幸福付出的小小代价 |
[00:27] | led her into an affair with Karl. | 让她和Karl陷入缠绵 |
[00:30] | What happened to the good girl? | 那个好女孩儿哪去了? |
[00:32] | She decided guilt’s a small price to pay for happiness. | 她决定把内疚当作幸福的小小代价 |
[00:35] | Lynette revealed a closely guarded secret. | Lynette透露了一个严守的秘密 |
[00:37] | No one else can know about this. | 不要告诉任何人 |
[00:39] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[00:40] | You are? | 是吗? |
[00:43] | Something’s happened to Julie. | Julie发生了不测 |
[00:45] | And when a crime was committed… | 当犯罪发生后… |
[00:46] | – How does a fish get caught? – He opens his mouth. | – 鱼为什么会上钩? – 因为他张开了嘴巴 |
[00:49] | A suspect emerged. | 嫌疑犯浮出水面 |
[01:00] | There’s a certain kind of woman | 在郊区你能见到 |
[01:03] | you see in the suburbs. | 一类女人 |
[01:05] | She waits for the school bus in her bathrobe. | 她穿着浴袍等校车 |
[01:09] | she stops by the post office with curlers in her hair. | 她头戴卷发夹进出邮局 |
[01:15] | She goes to the market in sweatpants and a T-shirt. | 她穿着T恤运动裤去市场购物 |
[01:21] | This woman is a housewife, | 这个女人是个家庭主妇 |
[01:24] | and she doesn’t bother trying to be beautiful | 她对打扮毫不热心 |
[01:27] | because… | 因为… |
[01:29] | it’s a waste of time. | 那是浪费时间 |
[01:31] | I was trying to hit Celia. | 我本来想打Celia的 |
[01:33] | Well, get better aim! | 那就打准点! |
[01:35] | Ana, help me clean this mess. | Ana 帮我清理一下 |
[01:39] | Don’t up your volume on me. | 别一听到我跟你说话 就调大音量 |
[01:41] | Juanita, finish those vegetables. | Juanita 把菜吃完 |
[01:43] | Don’t make me count to three. | 别逼我数到三 |
[01:47] | Oh, don’t give me that look, you sawed off little… | 别摆出那个表情 你这个小… |
[01:50] | Gaby? | |
[01:54] | Oh, my god. | 哦 天哪 |
[01:55] | John, hi. | John 嗨 |
[01:57] | Wow. what a surprise. | 哇 真是惊喜 |
[02:00] | I was so busy back in the kitchen | 我刚才一直在厨房里忙活 |
[02:02] | I didn’t even know you guys were here. | 都不知道你们来了 |
[02:04] | – How are you? – well, I’m usually better | – 你好吗? – 身上没有沾满沙司的话 |
[02:06] | when I don’t have creamed spinach all over me. | 我会更好 |
[02:09] | Uh, so… are you working here? | 那… 你在这工作? |
[02:12] | Hey, nothing wrong with waiting tables. | 嘿 这里没什么特殊需要了 |
[02:14] | could you get us some more bread? | 你能帮我们再拿点面包吗? |
[02:16] | You know, maybe I could bring you some dessert on the house. | 我也许能拿些甜点招待你们 |
[02:19] | I’ll just go ask the owner. Oh, wait. That’s me. | 我去问问店主 哦 等等 我就是店主 |
[02:24] | Honestly? You own this place? | 真的吗? 这店是你开的? |
[02:26] | I bought it with the money I got in my divorce settlement. | 我用离婚后分的财产 买下了这间店 |
[02:29] | Really? You’re divorced? | 是吗? 你离婚了? |
[02:31] | Yep. Almost a year now. | 嗯 离了快一年了 |
[02:34] | Oh, my god. Are…are these your kids? | 天哪 这些是你的孩子吗? |
[02:37] | yeah. this is Celia and Juanita, and this is our niece Ana. | 是 这是Celia和Juanita 这是侄女Ana |
[02:40] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:42] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[02:43] | I can see the family resemblance. | 看得出来 你们长得很像 |
[02:46] | She’s my niece. | 她是我的侄女 |
[02:48] | Wow. | 哇 |
[02:49] | It must’ve been a windy day when the apple fell from that tree. | 是因为风太大 苹果才从那棵树上掉下的吧 |
[02:55] | well, it was…it was great seeing you again. | 再次见到你们很高兴 |
[02:58] | You, too. | 也很高兴见到你 |
[03:00] | Still don’t see any bread here. | 面包怎么还没上 |
[03:05] | I’ll be right back. | 马上就来 |
[03:08] | Yes, | 是的 |
[03:10] | There’s a certain kind of woman you only meet in the suburbs. | 只有在郊区你才能见到这类女人 |
[03:14] | She will try to look beautiful | 她会尽力打扮自己 |
[03:17] | if she has someone to look beautiful for. | 只是要为悦己者容 |
[03:34] | On this street, | 在这条街上 |
[03:36] | the day begins with a cup of coffee. | 每一天都由一杯咖啡开始 |
[03:40] | Most need it to wake up. | 大多数人喝咖啡清醒头脑 |
[03:43] | Some can’t read their morning paper without it. | 有些人不喝咖啡就不能读晨报 |
[03:47] | A few like to drink it on their way to work. | 有些人喜欢在上班途中喝咖啡 |
[03:52] | Then there are those | 还有一些人 |
[03:54] | who just want something to hold in their hands | 只是想在谈论邻里时 |
[03:57] | while they discuss the neighbors. | 手上端着什么东西 |
[03:59] | well, Danny had me fooled. | 我被Danny骗了 |
[04:01] | he seemed like a pretty nice kid. | 他看起来是个很乖的孩子 |
[04:03] | Yeah, except for the strangling. | 没错 除了喜欢掐人 |
[04:06] | – Sorry. – Oh, it’s okay. I’m just happy that Julie’s safe | – 抱歉 – 没事 看到Julie情况稳定 |
[04:09] | and they caught the guy. | 那家伙被捉拿归案 我很高兴 |
[04:14] | uh, Susan. | 呃 Susan |
[04:27] | Bob. | |
[04:29] | Go inside. | 进去 |
[04:31] | Go inside. | 进去 |
[04:34] | Hey, Susan. I’m confused. The…the last I heard, | 嘿 Susan 我搞糊涂了 我刚听说 |
[04:36] | – the police had Danny Bolen in custody. – Danny was never under arrest. | – 警方拘留了Danny Bolen – Danny绝不是被逮捕 |
[04:39] | the police were questioning him, | 警方是在质询他 |
[04:42] | – but they had no grounds to hold him. – Okay, that sounds like his lawyer talking. | – 但是他们没有拘留他的证据 – 这好像是该他律师说的话 |
[04:45] | – Are you his lawyer? – Susan, you know how much I love Julie, | – 你是他的律师吗? – Susan 你知道我很喜欢Julie |
[04:48] | but they have no evidence against this kid, | 但是他们没有证据证明这个孩子就是罪犯 |
[04:51] | – and I couldn’t just let him sit there. – If he didn’t do it, why would need to fake his alibi? | – 而我不能让他呆在警局里 – 如果不是他 那他为什么要做假的不在场证明? |
[04:54] | – because he’s a kid and he was scared. – Angie, this is not a good idea. | – 因为他还是个孩子 他怕的要命 – Angie 这样做不太好 |
[04:57] | I-I just gotta say this. Susan, please. | 我不得不说 Susan 求你了 |
[05:00] | I can’t even imagine what you’ve been going through. | 我无法想象你的痛楚 |
[05:02] | I am begging you, as my friend and neighbor, | 我求你 要是你是我的朋友和邻居 |
[05:05] | don’t defend him. | 就不要为他辩护 |
[05:07] | Susan, it’s my job. | Susan这是我的工作 |
[05:10] | Then I don’t know how you sleep at night. | 我真不知道 你会不会良心不安 |
[05:14] | Susan, wait. | Susan 等等 |
[05:16] | Come on. can…can we please just talk about this? | 别这样 我们能不能谈一谈? |
[05:18] | We can go inside, just the two of us. | 我们两个进去谈一谈 |
[05:20] | No. | 不 |
[05:21] | You wanna talk about this? | 你想谈论这件事? |
[05:24] | Let’s do it out here in the open. Hey, everybody! | 那我们就在这里谈 嘿 大家注意了! |
[05:27] | her son tried to kill my daughter. | 她儿子想杀死我女儿 |
[05:30] | and while he’s here, nobody on this street is safe. | 只要有他在 这条街上每个人都会有危险 |
[05:43] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[05:45] | Bacon and cheese burrito. | 熏肉和奶酪玉米煎饼 |
[05:48] | You couldn’t find any croissants or pain au chocolat? | 这里没有法式面包吗? |
[05:51] | Sweetie, we’re at a motor lodge on the interstate. | 亲爱的 我们现在在州际公路旁的汽车旅馆里 |
[05:53] | I was lucky to find a burrito. | 能找到玉米煎饼已经是走运了 |
[05:55] | People always talk about the moral hazards of cheating. | 人们总告诫出轨会有多大的道德风险 |
[05:58] | No one warns you about the food. | 却没人警告食物的可怕 |
[06:06] | – So you want me to book this place for tomorrow? – Sorry, I have an event. | – 你想让我明天继续订这个地方吗? – 抱歉 明天我有安排 |
[06:10] | oh, wait. you know, I think I do, too. | 等等 好像我也有活动 |
[06:13] | How’s this then? we’ll go to Vegas for the weekend? | 那这样如何? 我们周末去拉斯维加斯? |
[06:16] | Las Vegas? | 拉斯维加斯? |
[06:18] | Why not? | 怎么样? |
[06:19] | I’ll lose my shirt in the casino, | 我在赌场把衣服输光 |
[06:21] | and then we’ll head upstairs, and you can lose yours. | 然后我们上楼 你也输光你的 |
[06:24] | I can’t disappear for a whole weekend. | 我不能一整个周末都不露脸 |
[06:27] | – My husband would notice. – Say you’re visiting family. | – 我丈夫会发现的 – 那就说你去拜访亲友了 |
[06:29] | Karl! | |
[06:33] | I’m sorry, but I don’t see us having romantic getaways. | 对不起 我不觉得我们会浪漫出游 |
[06:40] | That’s the sort of thing | 那种事情 |
[06:42] | a woman does with a man she’s in love with. | 该由一个女人和自己爱的人一起做 |
[06:47] | And we don’t have those kinds of feelings. I get it. | 我们之间没那种感情 我知道了 |
[06:50] | But you are a delightful diversion. | 不过你是个愉快的消遣 |
[06:52] | And in order to keep things delightful, | 为了让一切保持愉悦 |
[06:53] | I think it’s best | 我觉得最好是 |
[06:55] | we not put unreasonable demands on each other. | 不要对彼此提出过分的要求 |
[06:57] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:02] | You could’ve said, “pass the sugar.” | 你可以让我把糖递给你啊 |
[07:05] | I didn’t want to make a demand. | 我不想提出要求 |
[07:10] | So… I know you guys have been concerned | 我知道你们最近有些关心 |
[07:13] | ’cause I’ve been so sick in the mornings. | 我早上总是很不舒服 |
[07:15] | Well, I wanted to let you know why. | 我想告诉你们原因 |
[07:18] | I’m pregnant with twins. | 我怀了双胞胎 |
[07:25] | Well, now that the celebration’s over, any questions? | 既然庆祝完了 有什么问题想问? |
[07:29] | Yeah. Aren’t you gonna be, like, the world’s oldest mom? | 我有 你会不会成为 世界上最老的妈妈? |
[07:32] | No. There’s a woman in Mongolia who’s got me beat. | 不 蒙古有个女人赢了我 |
[07:36] | Any other questions? | 还有别的问题吗? |
[07:37] | I have more of a statement. | 我更想陈述下我的观点 |
[07:41] | You two are so irresponsible. | 你们两个太不负责任了 |
[07:44] | You should’ve been using birth control. | 你们该采取节育措施的 |
[07:47] | You’re in college. | 你在上大学 |
[07:49] | Do you know what the odds are now that you’ll graduate? | 你知道现在你能顺利毕业的几率是多少吗? |
[07:51] | Like, zero. | 基本上是零 |
[07:54] | You… you have a new job, one that you’ll have to quit | 你… 你有份新工作 而要生孩子 |
[07:57] | once the baby comes. So I hope you’re both happy. | 你就得辞职 希望你们开心 |
[07:59] | You’ve just destroyed your futures | 你们为了几分钟的欢愉 |
[08:01] | for a few minutes of pleasure. | 毁掉了你们的未来 |
[08:06] | Not to mention, it’s so gross you’re still doing it. | 更不用说 你们还在做那种事 有多恶心 |
[08:14] | Penny, you’re excited about this, right? | Penny 你对此很高兴吧? |
[08:17] | Yeah, getting two little babies to play with. | 对啊 可以玩两个BB |
[08:20] | If they’re boys, I’m outta here. | 要是是男孩的话 我也不干 |
[08:28] | You have to understand, | 你们要知道 |
[08:31] | even though they’ve released Danny, | 即使他们释放了Danny |
[08:33] | it doesn’t mean he’s not still a suspect. | 这也不代表他洗脱了嫌疑 |
[08:35] | So what do we do? | 那我们该怎么做? |
[08:37] | Well, the police are gonna start digging into your background, | 警方会开始调查你们的背景 |
[08:40] | so I need to know what they’re gonna find. | 所以我要知道他们将调查出的内容 |
[08:42] | you’re from New York, right? | 你们是纽约来的? |
[08:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:46] | But instead of wasting your time poking around in the past, | 不过与其浪费时间调查过去的事情 |
[08:49] | you just need to back up Danny’s story. | 不如帮忙解决Danny的事情 |
[08:51] | – Right, just check out the liquor stores, see if anyone saw him. – I will, | – 对 只要调查酒店里有没有见过他就好 – 我会的 |
[08:54] | but the police are gonna talk to people in your old neighborhood, | 但是警方会跟你们的老邻居谈话 |
[08:57] | see if he’s got any run-ins with the law, with girls. | 调查他有没有和女性相关的前科 |
[09:00] | – Is there anything I need to know, Danny? – Nope. | – 有没有什么要告诉我的 Danny? – 没有 |
[09:03] | not a thing. | 完全没有 |
[09:07] | Okay… but I still need to establish character. | 好吧… 但是我还是得美化他的性格 |
[09:11] | So I’ll need to get in touch with some old teachers, friends. | 所以我得跟原来的老师 朋友联系一下 |
[09:14] | nah, you don’t need to do all that. | 不用 没必要那么做 |
[09:18] | Look, what are we doing here? | 我们这是在做什么? |
[09:20] | I can’t defend a client I know nothing about. | 我不能为一个对其一无所知的委托人辩护 |
[09:23] | why can’t you answer just a few simple questions? | 你们为什么不能回答几个简单的问题呢? |
[09:25] | You wanna know why? Because this family has secrets! | 你想知道为什么? 因为这个家里藏着秘密! |
[09:28] | Danny. | |
[09:29] | Big dark secrets that we can’t talk about, | 沉重黑暗不能言说的秘密 |
[09:31] | not even to our lawyer. | 就是对律师也不能说 |
[09:33] | – you know, who cares if it makes me look guilty, even if I’m not? – knock it off! | – 谁都不在乎这样让我像个嫌犯 就算我是清白的! – 闭嘴 |
[09:42] | This conversation was privileged, right? | 这次谈话是不会公开的吧? |
[09:53] | So I don’t know if you heard, | 你有没有听说 |
[09:55] | but this morning the police released Danny Bolen. | 警察今天早上释放了Danny Bolen |
[09:57] | – I heard. – You must be worried sick. – I am. | – 我听说了 – 你一定很担心吧 – 确实是 |
[10:00] | Clearly, he’s unstable. Who knows what he might do next? | 他现在显然情绪很不稳定 谁知道他接下来会做什么呢? |
[10:03] | So what are we gonna do about it? | 那我们该怎么办? |
[10:05] | you ever hear about that old man on Maple Drive? | 你听说过枫叶街那个老人吗? |
[10:08] | People found out he used to be an accountant for the Nazis, | 人们发现他曾经当过纳粹的会计师 |
[10:11] | and they threw garbage all over his yard. | 然后就朝他的院子里扔垃圾 |
[10:13] | that’s right. And he moved. | 没错 然后他就搬走了 |
[10:16] | But then it was bought | 不过后来房子被一个曾经是嬉皮士的人买了 |
[10:18] | by some ex-hippie who painted the house pink, | 他把房子漆成了粉色 |
[10:20] | so it was a pyrrhic victory at best. | 这简直就是得不偿失啊 |
[10:22] | Well, look, I’m just bringing this up | 听着 我说这些 |
[10:24] | because I don’t want people on this street | 是想提醒这条街上的人们 |
[10:26] | thinking that they’re safe when they’re not. | 他们没有自己想象的那样安全 |
[10:29] | Susan. | |
[10:31] | Hey, uh, could you give me a hand for a sec? | 你能过来帮我一下吗? |
[10:37] | Honey, what are you doing? | 亲爱的 你在干什么? |
[10:40] | Mona Clarke’s got a big mouth. if you get her worked up, | Mona Clarke是出了名的大嘴巴 要是你煽动了她 |
[10:43] | she’s gonna talk about Danny to everybody in the neighborhood. | 她就会跟所有邻居谈论Danny |
[10:46] | – So? – So we don’t want an angry mob showing up at the Bolens’ house, | – 那又怎样? – 我们可不想让一群愤怒的群众出现在Bolen家门口 |
[10:49] | especially if we aren’t even sure | 特别是我们还并不确定 |
[10:51] | Danny’s the one that attacked julie. | Danny就是袭击Julie的凶手 |
[10:53] | He lied about his alibi. | 他做了假的不在场证明 |
[10:55] | Why would he do that if he was innocent? | 要是他是清白的 那为什么要这么做? |
[10:57] | well… | 嗯… |
[10:59] | That’s a good point. | 很有道理 |
[11:01] | and how can I live with myself | 要是别人的女儿受到袭击 |
[11:03] | if someone else’s daughter gets attacked, | 而我一言不发 |
[11:05] | – and I have said nothing? – okay. okay, I get it. | – 我又怎么能忍受我自己? – 好吧 好吧 我懂了 |
[11:07] | It’s just, this whole thing would be a lot easier | 只是如果警察有证据的话 |
[11:10] | if the police just had some proof. | 一切就简单多了 |
[11:15] | well, maybe we should get them some. | 好吧 也许我该给他们找点证据 |
[11:28] | John. | |
[11:30] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[11:32] | I wanted to talk to you about something. | 我想跟你谈点事情 |
[11:35] | I thought I should do it in person, out of respect. | 出于尊重 我想该亲自和你谈 |
[11:39] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[11:44] | Your niece came to my restaurant. | 你侄女到我的餐馆来 |
[11:46] | She asked me for a hostessing job. | 要我聘她做服务员 |
[11:48] | And I think she’d be great. | 我觉得她是个很好的人选 |
[11:51] | You know, but given our history, | 但是 鉴于我们的过去 |
[11:53] | I wanted to make sure you were okay with it. | 我想确定你是否同意 |
[11:56] | Because I wouldn’t do it | 因为如果这让你不高兴 |
[11:58] | if it would make you feel uncomfortable. | 我就不会答应 |
[12:00] | I mean, that’s the last thing I’d want. | 我非常不想让你生气 |
[12:02] | Like I said, given our… history. | 正如我说的 鉴于我们的过去 |
[12:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[12:08] | Why don’t you stop saying, “given our history” | 你能不能不要再说”鉴于我们的过去” |
[12:10] | and just say, “I banged your wife”? | 而直接说”我上过你老婆”? |
[12:14] | you know, it’s not that I haven’t forgiven you. | 你知道的 不是我还不能原谅你 |
[12:17] | It’s just that every time I see you, | 只是每次我看到你时 |
[12:20] | I wanna put my fist in your face. | 都不由得想狠揍你一顿 |
[12:22] | Now did you park in the building? | 你在大楼里停了车吗? |
[12:25] | ’cause we validate. | 这是经过我们同意的 |
[12:27] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[12:28] | I think this was a bad idea. | 我觉得这真是个馊主意 |
[12:31] | Besides, Gaby probably wouldn’t have liked it anyway. | 而且Gaby大概也不会喜欢这样 |
[12:36] | What? | 什么? |
[12:37] | Come on. | 得了吧 |
[12:38] | I mean, her niece working for me… | 她侄女为我工作… |
[12:41] | I think she would’ve freaked out. | 我想这会让她气疯的 |
[12:44] | You know… | 你知道的… |
[12:45] | given our history. | 鉴于我们的过去 |
[12:50] | John? | |
[12:54] | Hold on a second. | 等等 |
[12:58] | Ana working for John? Are you nuts? | Ana为John工作? 你疯了啊? |
[13:00] | You’re the one who’s been saying she should get a job. | 是你一直在让她找工作的 |
[13:03] | Yeah, at the mall hocking soft pretzels, | 是啊 找个在商场推销饼干的工作 |
[13:06] | not working for… | 而不是在… |
[13:08] | Your ex-lover? | 你的老情人那里? |
[13:10] | Well, yeah. | 嗯 是的 |
[13:11] | How can you not think it’s awkward? | 你不觉得这太尴尬了吗? |
[13:13] | Because that was years ago. we’re past all that, right? | 因为那是几年前的事了 一切都过去了 不是吗? |
[13:17] | Of course we are. | 当然 是过去的事 |
[13:19] | It’s just… the whole thing makes me uncomfortable. | 只是… 这件事让我很不舒服 |
[13:23] | I’m sorry. I’m gonna have to say no. | 抱歉 我要拒绝 |
[13:25] | I knew it. You’re jealous. | 我就知道 你是嫉妒 |
[13:28] | Jealous? Of who? | 嫉妒? 嫉妒谁? |
[13:30] | Your beautiful niece working for your ex-lover. | 嫉妒你漂亮的侄女为你的老情人工作 |
[13:33] | – What?! – You still have the hots for him. | – 什么?! – 你还对他旧情未了啊 |
[13:36] | Oh, don’t deny it. I saw you. | 别否定了 我看到了 |
[13:39] | “Really? You’re divorced?” | “是吗? 你离婚了?” |
[13:43] | Okay. First of all, you just reminded me why I hate mimes. | 好吧 首先 你让我想到了为什么我讨厌滑稽演员 |
[13:46] | Secondly, is that why you’re letting Ana work for John? | 其次 这就是为什么你让Ana去John那儿工作? |
[13:49] | You were testing me? | 你在试探我? |
[13:51] | Yeah, and you failed. | 没错 而且你没通过 |
[13:53] | Carlos, you are way out of line. | Carlos 你做得太过火了 |
[13:55] | Deny it all you want, but I know what I saw. | 随你怎么否认吧 我亲眼看到了 |
[13:58] | You wanted to look pretty for your ex-lover. | 你想在老情人面前弄得漂亮些 |
[14:00] | Well… | 呃… |
[14:02] | You know, he was also my ex-gardener. | 他还是我的老园丁 |
[14:04] | Can’t you call him that? | 你怎么不那样叫他? |
[14:09] | It’s so long since I’ve seen you two together. | 很久没见你们两个在一起了 |
[14:13] | I was starting to wonder if you’d split up. | 我都开始怀疑你们是不是分手了 |
[14:15] | Oh! No, we’re still married. | 哦! 没有 我们还是夫妻 |
[14:17] | No, just try getting away from this one! | 没有 只是想耍掉这位! |
[14:21] | – Arm. – Bree, I know you’re unhappy, | – 胳膊 – Bree 我知道你心情不好 |
[14:23] | but we haven’t been out in months. | 可我们好几个月没出去了 |
[14:25] | could you at least make an effort for one night? | 你可不可以至少努力一个晚上? |
[14:32] | You are absolutely right. | 你说的太对了 |
[14:34] | Why don’t you get me one of those crab puffs, | 你帮我拿一个蟹肉泡芙吧 |
[14:37] | – and then we’ll mingle? – Sweetheart, this is just what I’m… | – 然后我们好好相处? – 亲爱的 这正是… |
[14:39] | Crab puff. | 去拿泡芙 |
[14:43] | Karl! | |
[14:44] | – Bree? – What are you doing here? | – Bree? – 你在这儿做什么? |
[14:47] | – What do you mean? – Are you following me? | – 什么意思? – 你在跟踪我吗? |
[14:49] | No. I’m a member of the club. | 不 我是那个俱乐部成员 |
[14:52] | I had no idea that this was the event | 我不知道你是说 |
[14:54] | – that you were talking about. – oh, so you expect me to believe | – 来参加这个 – 哦 这么说来你让我相信 |
[14:57] | – that you showed up at a dinner dance alone? – no, I actually… | – 你是一个人来参加舞会晚宴的? – 不 我只是… |
[15:01] | Karl, I know you have feelings for me, | Karl 我知道你对我有感觉 |
[15:03] | but I would hate to see them turn into some kind of… | 但是我不想它成为… |
[15:05] | obsession. | 一种迷恋 |
[15:07] | hey, Honey, find our table? | 嗨 亲爱的 找到座位没? |
[15:11] | and you were saying? | 你刚说什么? |
[15:17] | so, Karl, aren’t you going to introduce me? | Karl 不给我介绍下吗? |
[15:19] | this is Candace. she’s an old friend. | 这是Candace 一个老朋友 |
[15:22] | oh, don’t you mean that you’re her old friend? | 你是说你是她的老朋友吧? |
[15:25] | Candace, why don’t we go find our table, huh? | Candace 我们去找个座吧? |
[15:27] | Bree, if we don’t run into you again… good. | Bree 我们待会可别再遇上了 |
[15:30] | he doesn’t mean to be brusque. | 他这么唐突是无心的哦 |
[15:32] | he’s just a little eager to rush through dinner… | 他有点急着想吃完饭… |
[15:35] | so we can get to the motor lodge. | 然后我们好去汽车旅馆 |
[15:39] | motor lodge? | 汽车旅馆? |
[15:41] | he wanted to go earlier, but I said no. | 他想早点去 但我不想 |
[15:43] | lobster first, | 先吃龙虾 |
[15:45] | then “dessert.” | 然后”甜心” 伺候 |
[15:48] | Candace, why don’t we start | Candace 我们这就去 |
[15:50] | putting that lobster in your mouth right now? | 龙虾吧? |
[15:53] | good-bye, Bree. | Bree 再见 |
[15:55] | Candace? | |
[15:57] | – Dr. Hodge! – Oh, Jeez. | – Hodge医生! – 哦 天哪 |
[16:00] | – you two know each other? – yes, Candace was a dental patient of mine. | – 你两认识? – 嗯 Candace是我的病人 |
[16:03] | I still think of you every time I put in my night guard. | 哦 我每次使用咬合板的时候都想起你 |
[16:07] | listen, there’s room at our table. | 我们桌上还有空座 |
[16:09] | – would you care to join us? – No! I mean, we’re going to be leaving soon. | – 不介意的话一起吧? – 不 我们马上就要走了 |
[16:13] | you know, that motor lodge can wait. | 汽车旅馆晚点去吧 |
[16:15] | that way, Orson and Candace can catch up, | 这样 Orson和Candace可以叙叙旧 |
[16:17] | and you and I can have a little talk, too. | 我们也可以小聊下 |
[16:20] | Sure. that sounds like fun. | 好 不错啊 |
[16:22] | Karl and I will just go get a couple apple martinis, | 我和Karl去拿杯玛蒂尼酒 |
[16:25] | and we’ll come right back. | 马上回来 |
[16:33] | lovely girl, isn’t she? | 挺可爱的女孩 是吧? |
[16:36] | tell you a secret, though. | 告诉你个秘密 |
[16:38] | her two front teeth | 她的两颗前牙 |
[16:40] | veneers. | 是假牙 |
[16:41] | I’m guessing those aren’t | 我想这不是 |
[16:43] | her only side by side enhancements. | 她迷人的原因吧 |
[16:45] | she’s actually very sweet. | 她真的很可爱 |
[16:47] | shame to see her mixed up with a dog like Karl. | 很遗憾 看见她和Karl这种人混一起 |
[16:50] | you have to pity any woman who makes that mistake. | 任何作出这样错误选择的女人都有些可惜啊 |
[16:53] | yes, you do. | 是的 |
[17:12] | – Susan? – oh! shh! shh! | – Susan? – 哦 嘘! |
[17:14] | get in… | 进来… |
[17:22] | – what are you doing? – stay low! | – 你干嘛呢? – 压低身子! |
[17:24] | oh! okay, let’s try that again. what are you doing? | 好 我再问一次 你干嘛呢? |
[17:28] | surveillance. | 监视 |
[17:29] | I am gonna nail that Danny Bolen kid. | 我要盯紧Danny Bolen家的小孩 |
[17:32] | I thought the police were… | 我觉得警察… |
[17:35] | the police are useless. | 很没用 |
[17:37] | so I’m keeping a log of all his comings and goings. | 所以我记下他们的进进出出 |
[17:40] | if he leaves, and another girl gets attacked, | 如果他不在 另一个女生遇袭 |
[17:42] | he won’t be able to lie and say he was home. | 他就不会再撒谎说自己在家里了 |
[17:46] | well… I got a few minutes to kill. | 好 我陪你几分钟 |
[17:55] | oh, by the way, I was gonna call you. | 哦 我刚想给你电话来着 |
[17:58] | – you haven’t told gaby I’m pregnant, have you? – no. why? | – 你还没和Gaby说我怀孕的事吧? – 没 怎么了? |
[18:01] | well, I haven’t had a chance to tell Carlos yet, | 我还没机会告诉Carlos |
[18:05] | – and I really think he should hear it from me… – get down! | – 我觉得他应该听说… – 压低! |
[18:14] | you think I’m nuts, don’t you? | 你觉得我忒傻 是吧? |
[18:17] | no. | 没有 |
[18:19] | I think you’re a mother. | 你只是一个母亲 |
[18:21] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:24] | although speaking as a fellow mother… | 我也是一个母亲… |
[18:27] | do you remember what happened to Porter? | 你还记得Porter曾经发生的事情不? |
[18:29] | everyone in town was so sure | 每个人都觉得 |
[18:33] | he set that fire and killed those people. | 他放火杀了那些人 |
[18:37] | people can be sure, and they can be wrong. | 人们确信的有时也是错的 |
[18:43] | I’m not wrong. | 我没错 |
[18:45] | okay. | 好吧 |
[18:54] | – what are you doing? – Following him. Buckle up. | – 你要干嘛? – 跟踪他 系安全带 |
[18:58] | no, I can’t! I have to put a meatloaf in the oven! oh! | 哦 不行 我要回家做饭 |
[19:06] | wait! wait! I forgot my… | 等等 我忘了我的… |
[19:18] | so, Candace, what do you do for a living? | Candace 你做什么工作? |
[19:21] | I’m a dancer. | 舞蹈演员 |
[19:23] | oh, what kind? jazz? ballet? lap? | 哦 哪种? 爵士? 芭蕾? 健身舞? |
[19:28] | actually, Candace was a rockette. | 事实上 Candace是踢腿舞表演者 |
[19:30] | oh! it must’ve been exhausting | 哦 那很累吧 |
[19:33] | spending so much time with your legs in the air. | 不停的踢腿 |
[19:39] | love this song. | 我喜欢这曲子 |
[19:41] | Bree, would you care to dance? | Bree, 跳支舞吧? |
[19:43] | sorry, my shoes are killing me. ask Candace. she’s the pro. | 不 我的鞋子不合脚 问问Candace 她专家呢 |
[19:47] | I’d love to. | 好的 |
[19:52] | have fun, you two! | 玩的开心! |
[19:53] | you loathsome pig. | 你这白痴猪头 |
[19:55] | you’re supposed to be cheating with me, not on me. | 你是想欺骗我 背叛我 |
[19:57] | I asked if you were free. you weren’t. I called Candace. | 我问你有时间不 你没有 我就打电话给Candace |
[20:00] | what’s the problem? | 有什么问题吗? |
[20:02] | well, it’s just that she’s so… cheap. | 哦 她 也忒俗了吧 |
[20:04] | she’s beneath you. | 配不上你 |
[20:06] | not yet, but she will be. | 现在也许吧 但会好的 |
[20:13] | bravo! | 真不错! |
[20:15] | well done! | 漂亮! |
[20:16] | If her dress were any lower, it’d be a belt. | 如果她的裙子再低点 就成带子了吧 |
[20:18] | Gosh, Bree, could this be jealousy I’m hearing? | 天哪 Bree 你这是在嫉妒? |
[20:21] | I’m not jealous. I’m appalled. And as long as we’re together, | 我没 只是惊讶 只要我们还在一起 |
[20:23] | I will not have you running around with other women. | 你就别和其他女人纠缠不清 |
[20:25] | But we’re not together. I’m just a diversion, remember? | 但我们没在一起 我只是供你消遣 记得不? |
[20:29] | A little fling to spice up an afternoon. | 给你午后增加点情趣 |
[20:32] | And if that’s all I am to you, fine. | 这就是我对你的价值 是吧 |
[20:34] | But you don’t get to say | 但你从没提 |
[20:36] | What I can do when the afternoon’s over. | 当下午结束后 我还可以做什么 |
[20:38] | Are you gonna take her to our motor lodge tonight? | 你今晚要带她去我们的汽车旅馆? |
[20:42] | Just try and stop me. | 来阻止我试试 |
[21:01] | Excuse me. | 打扰下 |
[21:03] | Someone over at the table was looking for you. | 那边座 有人找你呢 |
[21:23] | What the hell happened here? | 这发生啥事了? |
[21:25] | Ooh! Uh, Orson tripped. | 哦 Orson滑倒了 |
[21:27] | Really, sweetheart. You need to be more careful. | 亲爱的 你要小心点哦 |
[21:29] | Oh, I’m so sorry. The floor was slippery. | 哦 对不起 地太滑了 |
[21:32] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[21:34] | I think I broke my nose. | 我鼻子摔坏了 |
[21:36] | I should go to the emergency room. | 我要去急诊室 |
[21:38] | Oh, dear. And you had such lovely plans for the evening. | 哦 宝贝 你晚上的美好计划泡汤了 |
[21:50] | Hey, Janice. Is Carlos done with his meeting yet? | Janice Carlos 开完会了吗? |
[21:52] | I really need to talk to him. | 我要和他谈谈 |
[21:55] | Got a sec? | 有时间吗? |
[21:57] | Never mind. | 没事 |
[22:03] | Something wrong? | 什么事啊? |
[22:04] | How would you like | 你想要入口处的 |
[22:06] | A parking space closer to the entrance? | 停车位吗? |
[22:07] | – I’d love it. You closed the door for that? – No, I closed the door | – 想要啊 你关上门就为这事? – |
[22:12] | To ask if you would like to be my new senior v.p. | 想问问你想做我公司的高级副总不? |
[22:15] | Seriously? | 真的? |
[22:18] | Oh… God. | 哦… 天哪 |
[22:21] | Carlos, I am… So flattered. | Carlos 我真是… 受宠若惊 |
[22:24] | And I would love to say yes. It’s just… | 我想答应你 可是… |
[22:28] | I know. More responsibility, more hours away from home. | 我知道 责任更重 顾家时间更少 |
[22:30] | But you get a company car and an expense account. | 但是会配公司的车和一个消费账户 |
[22:33] | Which is very generous, but I still can’t accept because… | 待遇真优厚 但我还是不能接受… |
[22:36] | 工资涨50% | |
[22:38] | 因为 这不… 工资涨50% | |
[22:41] | But now that it does, I’m in. | 因为这样 我同意 |
[22:44] | – When do I start? – Tonight. | – 什么时候上任? – 今晚 |
[22:45] | We’re having dinner with a big potential client. | 我们与一个潜在大客户一起吃饭 |
[22:48] | He is bringing his wife, so please bring Tom. | 他会带他夫人 你也可以带Tom |
[22:50] | Sure. | 好的 |
[22:54] | Wait. | 等等 |
[22:56] | Weren’t you gonna give this promotion to Judy? | 你不是要给Judy这职位吗? |
[22:58] | I was. | 我是想 |
[23:00] | But between you and me, | 但你我之间我直说了 |
[23:02] | I found out she’s pregnant. | 我发现她怀孕了 |
[23:04] | Overheard her on the phone. | 无意间听到她打电话时说 |
[23:07] | I saw what was coming… | 我知道接下来… |
[23:09] | Doctor’s visits, sick days, maternity leave. | 就医 孕妇反应 产假 |
[23:12] | Yeah, that can be annoying. | 嗯 真是很麻烦 |
[23:14] | But isn’t denying a woman a promotion | 但是就因为怀孕而不晋升一个女人 |
[23:17] | Because she’s pregnant a tiny bit illegal? | 是不是有点不合法? |
[23:20] | Only if she finds out. | 只有当她知道事实才算 |
[23:22] | And, I mean, who’s gonna tell her…my new senior v.p.? | 你说 谁会告诉她 我的新高级副总? |
[23:25] | Hell, no. | 不会 |
[23:27] | She’s too busy thinking about that big bump she’s got coming. | 有孩子了 她才没时间想升职提薪的事 |
[23:40] | Yes? | 有事? |
[23:44] | I’ve been thinking about last night, | 我在想昨晚的事 |
[23:46] | And you, Karl, Candy… | 你 Karl Candy… |
[23:49] | And it finally hit me what was really going on. | 终于明白怎么回事了 |
[23:52] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢? |
[23:55] | The oil on the dance floor… | 地上的油… |
[23:57] | That was no accident. You put it there. | 那不是意外 你倒在那里的 |
[24:00] | You wanted Candy to fall. | 你想Candy摔倒 |
[24:02] | That’s ridiculous. | 真可笑 |
[24:04] | Admit it. | 承认吧 |
[24:06] | You were jealous of that girl from the moment Karl walked in with her. | 你从Karl和她走在一起 就嫉妒那女生 |
[24:09] | Orson, you’re not making any sense. | Orson 你没道理 |
[24:11] | Why would I be jealous of Karl’s date? | 我怎么会嫉妒Karl和谁约会呢? |
[24:13] | Because she was dancing with me, of course. | 是因为她和我跳舞 |
[24:18] | I suppose I should be mad at you | 你差点摔死我了 我原想 |
[24:21] | For nearly breaking my neck, but I’m too relieved. | 冲你大骂呢 后来释怀了 |
[24:24] | Relieved? | 释怀? |
[24:26] | Yes, if watching me dance with a pretty girl | 是的 如果你看见我和一个漂亮女人共舞 |
[24:28] | Can make you that crazy, | 让你发疯 |
[24:30] | Then you obviously still care for me. | 这说明你还在乎我 |
[24:32] | There’s still hope for us. | 我们之间还有希望 |
[24:34] | Orson, you are reading way too much into one impulsive act. | Orson 你想太多了 那只是一时冲动 |
[24:38] | Ohh, argue all you like. | 哦 你想怎么说就怎么说吧 |
[24:40] | A woman doesn’t pull a stunt like that | 一个女人是不会 |
[24:42] | Over a man she’s not in love with. | 对她不爱的男人这样的 |
[25:01] | – Karl? – Hi, it’s Bree. | – Karl? – 嗨 我是Bree |
[25:03] | Um, I am thinking… | 嗯 我在想… |
[25:06] | Maybe I’m ready for that weekend in Las Vegas. | 或许我们周末可以去Las Vegas了 |
[25:20] | Hi, Mrs. Bolen. | 嗨 Bolen女士 |
[25:22] | I’m a friend of Danny’s from school. Is he in? | 我是Danny学校的朋友 他在吗? |
[25:24] | – You got a name? – Sorry. Eddie. | – 你叫什么名字? – 抱歉 Eddie |
[25:27] | Danny! There’s an Eddie here. | Danny! Eddie找你 |
[25:36] | It’s a nice house. | 房子真不错 |
[25:39] | You know what happened here, right? | 你知道这里发生什么事了吧? |
[25:41] | Huh? Oh, yeah. | 哈? 嗯 知道 |
[25:44] | What are you gonna do? | 你有什么事? |
[25:46] | – Hey. What’s up? – Hey. My brakes are shot. | – 嗨 怎么回事? – 我的刹车出问题了 |
[25:49] | Is there any chance you could take a look at ’em? | 你有时间去看看吗? |
[25:51] | Nah. I… I don’t feel like it, Eddie. | 我不太想去 Eddie |
[25:54] | Come on. You’ve been moping around the house all day. | 去吧 你打扫一天的卫生了 |
[25:57] | Go. Help your buddy. | 去吧 帮帮你朋友 |
[26:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:05] | I’m glad one of us has a friend. | 真高兴我家还有人有朋友 |
[26:09] | I was at the supermarket earlier. | 我刚才在超市 |
[26:11] | Everybody was looking at me | 每个人都在看我 |
[26:13] | like I had their grandmother in my trunk. | 好象我把他们的奶奶藏在箱子里 |
[26:15] | Yeah. While you were out, three hate calls in one hour. | 是的 你出去的时候 一个小时内有三个恐吓电话打来 |
[26:19] | I don’t know. I’m startin’ to think | 我不知道 我觉得 |
[26:21] | it’s time to get out of the Bolen business. | 是时候改名换姓了 |
[26:28] | No. | 不 |
[26:30] | We cannot change our names and run | 我们不能一遇到小麻烦 |
[26:32] | Every time there’s a little trouble. | 就改名换姓地逃走 |
[26:34] | This is more than a little trouble, babe. | 这麻烦可不小 宝贝 |
[26:37] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[26:41] | We are not putting Danny through all that again. | 我们不能再重蹈覆辙伤害Danny了 |
[26:44] | And maybe this hasn’t worked out the way we’d hope. | 也许结果会不如人意 |
[26:48] | But until I say otherwise, we are Nick and Angie Bolen. | 但在我改变主意前 我们仍是Bolen一家 |
[27:18] | Hey, can you go into the… the basement | 嘿 你能到地下室 |
[27:20] | And get me a work light? | 给我拿个电筒吗? |
[27:22] | Yeah. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[27:28] | Got a second? | 有空吗? |
[27:31] | Sure. | 有 |
[27:35] | I’m really sorry about what happened to Julie. | Julie的事 我很遗憾 |
[27:38] | Thanks. Actually, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 谢谢关心 实际上 我正想和你说这事 |
[27:42] | I didn’t hurt her, Mrs. Delfino. | 我没有伤害她 Delfino夫人 |
[27:45] | But you did fight with her. I mean, Mrs. Mccluskey saw you. | 但你和她发生了争执 Mccluskey夫人看到了 |
[27:51] | What were you fighting with her about? | 你们为了什么争执? |
[27:54] | I’m sorry. That lawyer told me | 我很报歉 律师告诉我 |
[27:56] | that I shouldn’t talk to anybody about this stuff. | 我不该和别人谈论这件事 |
[28:03] | I know that Julie thought she was pregnant. | 我知道Julie认为自己怀孕了 |
[28:09] | What? | 什么? |
[28:10] | You didn’t think I knew that, right? | 你以为我不知道 是吗? |
[28:15] | – Is that what you… fought about? – Um, I didn’t know. | – 这就是你们争执的原因? – 呃 我不知道 |
[28:19] | – Is that why you attacked my daughter? – No, I… I didn’t even know that. | – 这就是你袭击我女儿的原因吗? – 不 我都不知道她有孕 |
[28:22] | – You’re lying. – No, I’m not. | – 你说谎 – 不 我没有 |
[28:25] | – You’re lying! – Please, just leave me alone. | – 你在说谎 – 请你离开 |
[28:41] | Hey! What are you doing? | 嘿! 你在做什么? |
[28:43] | I know that you did it. I can see it in your eyes! | 我知道是你做的 你的眼睛泄了你的底! |
[28:47] | Mom! Dad! Help me! | 妈妈! 爸爸! 救救我! |
[28:49] | Just admit that you did it! Admit it! Admit it to me! | 你就承认是你干的吧! 承认吧! 向我承认! |
[28:52] | Mrs. Delfino, please. | Delfino夫人 求你了 |
[28:54] | – Hey! Get the hell away from him! – Oh, are you gonna attack me? | – 喂! 离他远点? – 哦 轮到你袭击我了? |
[28:59] | Hey! | 喂! |
[29:00] | – What the hell is wrong with you? – He did it! You know that he… | – 你有病! – 是他干的! 你知道他… |
[29:03] | Ma! Careful! | 妈! 小心! |
[29:06] | You come near him again, I swear I will kill you. | 如果你再靠近他 我发誓我会杀了你 |
[29:08] | You can’t protect him forever. | 你不能永远包庇他 |
[29:10] | People know what he is now, and he’s gonna be punished. | 人们现在知道他干的好事了 他会受到惩罚的 |
[29:19] | Okay, baby. | 好了 宝贝 |
[29:22] | Come on. Come on. | 出来 出来 |
[29:25] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[29:28] | What the hell happened to my car? | 我的车怎么了? |
[29:37] | Hi, uncle Carlos. | 嘿 Carlos叔叔 |
[29:38] | – Your clients are here. I put him at our best table. – Thank you, sweetie. | – 你的客人已经到了 我给他安排了最好的位子 – 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[29:41] | – Lynette? – Yeah? | – Lynette? – 耶? |
[29:43] | Are you sure about this? | 你真的要这样做吗? |
[29:45] | 成为一个高级副理和50%的加薪? | |
[29:48] | – Uh, yeah. – But did you hear the way he described the job in the car? | – 呃 是的 – 你在车里听到他对工作的描述了吗? |
[29:51] | I mean, it sounds like a killer schedule. | 我是说 那么大的工作量 |
[29:54] | I can handle it. And you get to stay in school. | 我可以应付的 而你还得去学校呢 |
[29:57] | Remember your big dream? Our future? | 记得你的梦想? 我们的未来? |
[29:59] | Of course. But how are we gonna keep it a secret? | 当然 但你要如何保守秘密? |
[30:02] | Carlos is gonna find out about this thing eventually. | Carlos迟早会发现这件事的 |
[30:04] | By then, I will have proved I can do the job, | 到那时 我早已证明不管是否怀孕 |
[30:08] | Pregnant or not. | 我都可以胜任这项工作 |
[30:10] | Please? | 求你了? |
[30:12] | Okay. I’m in. | 好吧 我同意 |
[30:14] | But you gotta prove it fast. | 但你必须快一点证明 |
[30:16] | Remember last time you were pregnant with twins? | 还记得上次你怀双胞胎的时候吗? |
[30:18] | Every part of you swelled up. | 你全身都鼓起来了 |
[30:20] | It was like sleeping next to a body | 我就像睡在一具从河里捞起来的 |
[30:22] | That dragged out of the river. | 被水泡的胀开的尸体旁一样 |
[30:24] | You said I was beautiful. | 你当时说我漂亮 |
[30:26] | I had to. You were twice my size. | 没得选 你的块头是我的两倍 |
[30:29] | This is a 2004 Barolo | 这是2004年的巴罗洛葡萄酒 |
[30:32] | From my vineyard in Piedmont. | 产自我的皮埃蒙特葡萄园 |
[30:34] | Your vineyard? | 你的葡萄园? |
[30:35] | Yeah. That’s why I insisted on this restaurant. | 是的 这就是我来这家餐厅的原因 |
[30:38] | They, uh, carry my label. | 他们 用的可是我的酒 |
[30:40] | I love business, but wine is my passion. | 我喜欢做生意 也酷爱红酒 |
[30:43] | Oh, none for me tonight. | 哦 今晚不行 |
[30:46] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[30:49] | Well… I wanna keep my head clear for business. | 嗯… 我想保持清醒的头脑谈生意 |
[30:52] | No. No business talk. | 不 不谈生意 |
[30:54] | Tonight is about getting to know each other | 今晚我们单纯 |
[30:56] | Over good food and fine wine. | 以美食美酒相知相识 |
[30:58] | Yeah, Lynette, his wine. | 没错 Lynette 这是他的葡萄酒 |
[31:00] | So drink up. | 喝一点吧 |
[31:03] | Well, I guess a little wouldn’t hurt. | 好的 一点点也无伤大雅 |
[31:06] | There. | 来了 |
[31:09] | Yeah. Very nice. | 非常好 |
[31:13] | So… | 那么… |
[31:15] | Vic… | |
[31:17] | What do you suggest to go with your wine? | 你想点什么餐呢? |
[31:19] | Let me see. | 我来看看 |
[31:25] | Oh… | 哦… |
[31:26] | The carpaccio sounds like a nice starter. | 白汁红肉是不错的开胃菜 |
[31:29] | Wow. | 哇 |
[31:31] | Lynette. You liked it, huh? | Lynette 你喜欢这个 是吧? |
[31:34] | It was delicious. | 味道很好 |
[31:36] | Lucky for you, it’s a big vineyard. | 你真幸运 我的酒庄很大 |
[31:39] | Oh. | 哦 |
[31:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:45] | Oh, look! One of the Pointer Sisters! | 哦 看! 是the Pointer Sisters的成员 |
[31:54] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[31:56] | It was, um, just a nun. | 原来是个 呃 修女 |
[32:06] | Excuse me. I’ll be right back. | 不好意思 我马上回来 |
[32:10] | Gaby, what the hell? | Gaby, 到底怎么啦? |
[32:13] | I know. I’m sorry i’m late. | 我知道 对不起 我来晚了 |
[32:16] | I mean your clothes. | 我是说你的衣服 |
[32:18] | Didn’t I see that shirt in the hamper this morning? | 这不是今早要换洗的衣服吗? |
[32:21] | I gave it a sniff. It has another day in it. | 我闻过了 是前天的 |
[32:24] | Gaby, this is an important business dinner. | Gaby 这场商务晚餐很重要 |
[32:26] | Yeah, but it’s also John Rowland’s restaurant. | 是的 可是是在John Rowland的饭店 |
[32:28] | If I made myself pretty, | 如果我打扮得很漂亮 |
[32:30] | You might think I was doing it just for him. | 你会觉得我是为他打扮的 |
[32:33] | – Oh, god help me. Is that what this is about? – Well, I didn’t want to run the risk | – 哦 老天 原来你是在指这件事 – 哦 我可不想冒险 |
[32:36] | – of failing another test. – Okay, Gaby, go change. You made your point. | – 又通不过考验 – 好了 Gaby 换衣服去吧 我知道你的意思了 |
[32:39] | Not quite. | 看来不像 |
[32:41] | For the past 11 years, I have stood beside you | 在过去的十一年里 我一直在你身边 |
[32:44] | When you were poor and blind and knocked me up twice. | 无论是你贫穷 失明 还是让我两次怀孕 |
[32:47] | At this point in our marriage, | 在走到今天这一步时 |
[32:49] | If you still feel the need to test me, | 如果你还觉得需要考验我 |
[32:51] | Then you’re the one who’s failed. | 那你才是那个不合格的人 |
[32:56] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[32:59] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[33:01] | Thank you. And for the record, | 谢谢 再说明下 |
[33:03] | I only took my clip off and shook out my hair | 我拿下发夹 甩甩头发 |
[33:06] | Because I ran into somebody I knew. | 只是因为遇到了故人 |
[33:08] | I would’ve done it if it was Lynette Scavo, okay? | 就算是Lynette Scavo我也这么做 知道了? |
[33:11] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[33:13] | So do you think you can go home and… | 那么 你可以回家… |
[33:15] | Oh, don’t worry. I have clothes and makeup in the car. | 哦 别担心 我把衣服和化妆品放在车里了 |
[33:18] | Good, because that shirt did not have another day in it. | 太好了 因为这件衣服已经不能再穿了 |
[33:29] | Hello? | 你好? |
[33:32] | Who is this? | 哪位? |
[33:34] | What is your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[33:37] | Oh, you got a big mouth for a guy with no name. | 哦 你是个大嘴巴无名氏 |
[33:39] | No, no, no, no. No, no, you listen to me. | 不 不 不 不 不 你听我说 |
[33:42] | You come anywhere near my family, | 只要你靠近我家 |
[33:44] | I will personally bash your brains in… | 我就砸碎你的脑袋… |
[33:47] | assuming you have any! | 不管你有没有做什么! |
[33:51] | You okay? | 还好吗? |
[33:52] | I’m fine. Just another moron with some empty threats. | 我挺好 只是个蠢货在虚张声势吓唬人 |
[33:59] | And what if they’re not empty? | 如果他们来真的呢? |
[34:07] | Do you know where your father and I keep the gun? | 你知道我和你爸爸把枪藏在哪吗? |
[34:10] | Ma… | 妈… |
[34:12] | No, look, you’re old enough to know this stuff. | 不 你也该知道这些了 |
[34:14] | – Just in case someone should try to come in here and hurt you… – I can take care of myself. | – 以防有人真来伤害你… – 我会照顾自己 |
[34:19] | Well, just in case you can’t take care of yourself… | 万一你照顾不好自己… |
[34:25] | There is a loaded 38 Smith & Wesson in a box | 有把上膛的口径38mm史密斯韦森牌的枪在盒子里 |
[34:29] | in the second drawer in my dresser. | 放在我衣橱的第二层 |
[34:31] | You got that? | 记住了吗? |
[34:38] | What are you smiling at? | 你笑什么? |
[34:40] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[34:42] | It’s not your typical mother-son conversation. | 不符合你典型的母子对话类型 |
[34:46] | You know I’ve always felt bad | 我总是内疚于 |
[34:48] | about the way we’ve had to raise you, | 四处奔波着 |
[34:51] | being on the run and all. | 把你带大 |
[34:53] | If it weren’t for me, | 要不是我 |
[34:55] | you could had a normal childhood. | 你也会有正常人的童年 |
[34:57] | Ma, you don’t ever have to apologize to me. | 妈 你不必向我道歉 |
[35:03] | I’m glad you’re not like other moms. | 我很庆幸有个与众不同的妈妈 |
[35:06] | Thanks, baby. | 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[35:09] | I just wanna be a good one. | 我只想做个好母亲 |
[35:16] | Remember… | 记住… |
[35:18] | Aim for the head, not the legs. | 要瞄准头 不是腿 |
[35:24] | So Patty comes downstairs, | Patty走下楼 |
[35:26] | and sitting under the christmas tree | 坐到了圣诞树下 |
[35:28] | is the cutest golden retriever puppy you ever saw. | 那是一只非常可爱的黄金猎犬 |
[35:32] | – Oh, it was the best present I ever got. – Aw. | – 哦 那可是我收到的最好礼物 – 噢 |
[35:35] | Do you like dogs, Lynette? | 你喜欢狗吗 Lynette? |
[35:38] | Ooh, I love them! | 哦 我爱狗狗! |
[35:39] | But Penny is allergic, | 只是Penny容易过敏 |
[35:41] | so we got fish. | 我们改去钓鱼 |
[35:43] | Fish suck. | 钓鱼真没劲 |
[35:46] | Swim, die, flush… new one. | 游泳 死去 被水冲走… 再来一条 |
[35:48] | Swim, die, flush… new one. | 再游 死掉 被冲走… 再来一条 |
[35:50] | You know, what dog I’d really like is the Reima-Waner. | 知道吗 我真正喜欢的够是魏玛华纳 |
[35:55] | Weimaraner. | 魏玛犬 |
[35:57] | A window-hammer. | 窗口锤 |
[35:58] | Weimaraner. | 魏玛犬 |
[36:00] | Rammer Jammer. | Rammer Jammer(欢呼方式) |
[36:01] | Lynette, make him stop. | Lynette 让他别这样 |
[36:02] | Gaby, you know, I wanna tell you something, | Gaby 我想和你说点事 |
[36:06] | but I’m afraid it’s gonna come out wrong. | 但我怕说的不对 |
[36:09] | Your boobs look great in that dress. | 穿着这条裙子 你的胸太美了 |
[36:13] | Well, Tom, how could that possibly come out wrong? | 嗯 Tom 这怎么会错? |
[36:17] | You’d be surprised. | 见外了 |
[36:20] | Well, you’ll have to excuse Tom. He’s a bit of a lightweight. | 您要原谅Tom 他爱开玩笑 |
[36:24] | And your wine is so delicious, he couldn’t resist. | 您的酒太美味了 他有点控制不住 |
[36:28] | But look at you. You had at least a bottle, | 那看看你 都喝一瓶多了 |
[36:31] | – and you’d never know. Might as well finish this off. – No, no, no! | – 也没什么事 不如把这瓶也干了 – 不 不行 不行! |
[36:34] | If she has one more glass, I’m gonna puke. | 她要再喝一杯 我就要吐了 |
[36:58] | I just talked to Bob. | 我刚刚和Bob谈过 |
[37:00] | Why would you do that? | 为什么去和他谈? |
[37:02] | He asked me to stop by… | 他让我过去坐坐… |
[37:05] | Because he wanted to tell me that the police | 想告诉我警察 |
[37:08] | have evidence that clears Danny Bolen. | 有证据 Danny Bolen是清白的 |
[37:12] | What? | 什么? |
[37:15] | They’ve got a shot | 他们在美景镇饮酒管理处 |
[37:16] | from a security camera at Fairview Liquors | 的录像里看到的 |
[37:18] | – that puts him there at the time Julie was attacked. – How would they know that? | – Julie被袭时他在那里 – 他们怎么能确定? |
[37:21] | – There was a time stamp. – They don’t know the exact time of the attack. | – 那上面有时间标记 – 他们不清楚被袭的精确时间 |
[37:25] | The camera shows him sitting in the parking lot drinking beer | 摄像头显示他坐在停车场喝啤酒 |
[37:28] | for over an hour. | 持续了一小时 |
[37:31] | He couldn’t have done it. | 不可能是他干的 |
[37:36] | I can’t believe this. | 简直难以置信 |
[37:42] | That means that Julie’s attacker is still out there. | 这意味着袭击Julie的人仍逍遥法外 |
[37:46] | And I’ve been going up and down the street | 我还上街到处宣扬 |
[37:49] | telling everybody that Danny Bolen did it. | 告诉所有人是Danny Bolen干的 |
[37:51] | Your daughter was hurt. You wanted somebody to blame. | 你的女儿受伤了 想找个人接受惩罚 |
[37:55] | People get that. | 人们都理解 |
[37:57] | Oh, god. I’m… I’m so sorry. | 哦 天啊 我… 太抱歉了 |
[38:00] | Well, I’m sure the Bolens will understand. | 我相信Bolen一家能理解 |
[38:03] | No, not just to them. | 不 不光对他们 |
[38:06] | To you. | 还有你 |
[38:07] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[38:10] | Well, you woke up the morning after your wedding | 婚礼后一早醒来 |
[38:14] | and found yourself married to a madwoman. | 就发现自己娶了个疯女人 |
[38:18] | I have been… | 我已经… |
[38:21] | just totally obsessed with finding Julie’s attacker, and… | 完全沉迷于Julie的被袭… |
[38:25] | I said, “For better or worse.” | 我说过 “共同经历不论是幸福或磨难” |
[38:31] | So we start with the worse. | 我们只是以磨难开场 |
[38:45] | Wow, glad this night’s over. I’m exhausted. | 哦 这一晚终于结束了 我好累 |
[38:48] | Yeah, me, too. | 是 我也一样 |
[38:51] | You coming to bed? | 准备睡觉吗? |
[38:53] | I’ll be up in a sec. I’m gonna turn off some lights. | 马上就来 我把灯关掉 |
[39:49] | On this street, the day begins with a cup of coffee. | 在这条街道 新的一天总以一杯咖啡伊始 |
[39:57] | Some drink it while recalling a lover they once cared for. | 有人喝着它 怀念自己曾经在意的爱人 |
[40:03] | Some pour it, thinking of the boss they must lie to. | 有人倒着它 考虑如何对付不得不欺骗的上司 |
[40:08] | Others sip it, | 有人品着它 |
[40:11] | contemplating a man they might be in love with. | 思忖他们可能爱上的心上人 |
[40:18] | But for one woman, on this particular morning, | 但某个女人 在这个特别的清晨 |
[40:21] | that cup of coffee has to wait… | 那杯咖啡用来等待… |
[40:27] | Because she discovers a neighbor in trouble. | 因为她发现有位邻居陷入了麻烦 |
[40:32] | She goes to help, | 她过去帮忙 |
[40:34] | not only because it’s the right thing to do, | 不仅因为这是该做的 |
[40:39] | but because it’s the only way she can think of… | 更因为这是她想到的唯一办法… |
[40:43] | To ask for forgiveness. | 去请求原谅 |
[40:47] | And once it is given… | 一旦被谅解… |
[40:51] | The day begins. | 新的一天随之而来 |