时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on… | 前情回顾… |
[00:02] | Porter Scavo, you are under arrest. | Porter Scavo 你被逮捕了 |
[00:04] | What?! Porter had nothing to do with that fire. | 什么?! Porter跟那纵火案无关 |
[00:06] | Apparently there is a witness that says otherwise. | 很显然 有目击证人证实了 |
[00:07] | A witness? What are they talking about? | 目击证人? 他们在说什么? |
[00:09] | Porter was accused but not convicted. | Porter被起诉却没被定罪 |
[00:12] | Katherine’s love affair… | Katherine的情事… |
[00:14] | – I got the flowers. – Became serious. | – 我收到花了 – 开始认真了 |
[00:17] | Mommy needs to lose a few pounds. | 妈咪需要减肥 |
[00:19] | – You wanna help mommy be beautiful again? – No. | – 你们愿意帮妈咪重拾美丽吗? – 不要 |
[00:22] | As did Gaby’s resolve. | Gaby却下定决心 |
[00:23] | Here’s my cookbook. | 这是我的烹饪书 |
[00:25] | And Bree’s success came at a price. | 但Bree的成功却得付出代价 |
[00:27] | You can be a little tough sometimes. | 你是有时是强势了点 |
[00:29] | – It’s only to be expected. – I don’t think I do that. | – 这是大家都希望的 – 我可不认为我是那样的 |
[00:32] | I know you don’t. | 我知道你不是 |
[00:41] | People don’t talk about money | 在郊区… |
[00:43] | In the suburbs… | 人们是不谈论金钱 |
[00:46] | Mostly because they don’t need to. | 主要是因为他们不需要 |
[00:50] | The ones who have it | 有钱的人 |
[00:51] | let you know with their brand-new clothes… | 通过他们的新买的名牌衣服… |
[00:56] | Their expensive appliances… | 他们高档的电器… |
[00:59] | Those are good. | 这些不错 |
[01:01] | And their manicured lawns. | 还有精心修剪过的草坪就可见 |
[01:03] | The ones who don’thave it | 而没钱的人 |
[01:06] | let you know with barbecues that need replacing… | 从他们需要更换的烧烤架… |
[01:09] | Walls that need painting… | 需要重新上漆的墙壁… |
[01:13] | And classic cars… | 还有急于出售的… |
[01:15] | that need to be sold. | 旧车子就能看出 |
[01:18] | – Hey you go, Walter. She’s all yours. – This is so awesome! | – 给 Walter 这车归你了 – 太棒了! |
[01:22] | Where’s Tom? I wanna thank him | Tom在哪儿? 我想感谢他 |
[01:24] | – For making this the greatest day of my life. – He’s inside, | – 令这天成为我生命中最美好的日子 – 他在屋内 |
[01:27] | But between sobs, he wished you happy driving. | 在抽泣中祝你驾驶愉快 |
[01:34] | Where is that man going with Tom’s car? | 那男人开着Tom的车去哪儿? |
[01:37] | Oh, that man is Walter Brotski, and he just bought it. | 哦 那男人叫Walter Brotski 他刚把车买下了 |
[01:40] | Tom loves that car. Why would you sell it? | Tom很爱那辆车的 你为什么要卖掉? |
[01:42] | Sadly, we can no longer afford Tom’s midlife crisis. | 很不幸 我们没能力为Tom的中年危机买单了 |
[01:46] | Okay, here’s the deal. We’re… | 好吧 是这样的 我们… |
[01:49] | Sort of broke. | 快要破产了 |
[01:50] | Oh. | 啊 |
[01:52] | Lynette. | |
[01:53] | Between Porter’s legal fees | 因为Porter的法律费 |
[01:55] | and that ghost town that we call a restaurant… | 还有我们那个冷清的餐馆… |
[01:58] | – I thought Scavo’s was doing well. – When times get tough, | – 我还以为Scavo经营得挺好的 – 这时期经济萧条 |
[02:01] | People do without things like pizza and sports cars. | 人们是不需要像披萨和跑车这类东西的 |
[02:04] | – I am so sorry. I had no idea. – It’s okay. | – 我很抱歉 我并不了解 – 没关系 |
[02:07] | – Just keep it under your hat. It’s a little embarrassing. – You should not be embarrassed. | – 只要别说出去 有点儿尴尬 – 你没必要尴尬 |
[02:11] | – This is a horrible economy. We’re all in the same boat. – Mm. | – 在这种糟糕的经济环境 我们坐在同一条船上 – 嗯 |
[02:18] | Hello, ladies. What do you think? | 嗨 女士们 你们觉得怎样? |
[02:22] | You bought a new car? | 你买了辆新车? |
[02:24] | My book just made the “Times” best seller list. | 我的书登上了”时代”的畅销榜 |
[02:27] | Now they’re talking 3-book deal, so I got the urge to splurge. | 现在商量着签定三本书的合约 所以我迫切地想挥霍 |
[02:32] | Oh! | 哦! |
[02:34] | And look what just blew on my windshield at the stop sign! | 瞧 这是什么 在停下来的时候吹到挡风玻璃上了 |
[02:37] | Ah! | 啊! |
[02:38] | Life is good. | 生活真美好 |
[02:40] | Yes, people don’t talk about money in the suburbs | 是的 在郊区 人们是不谈论金钱 |
[02:45] | Because when they do, | 因为如果他们这样做 |
[02:47] | Other people get angry. | 别人会觉得愤怒 |
[03:04] | Whenever someone on Wisteria Lane | 不管什么时候 紫藤街的人 |
[03:06] | buys a new car, | 买了辆新车 |
[03:08] | a simple ritual is performed. | 总会有场简单的仪式上演 |
[03:11] | So how do you like my new car? | 那么 觉得我的新车怎样? |
[03:14] | – It’s gorgeous! – I am so jealous. | – 真棒! – 我嫉妒死了 |
[03:17] | I wish I had one. | 真想自己也有辆 |
[03:19] | But on this day, | 但在这天 |
[03:21] | One of the owner’s friends | 车主的其中一个朋友 |
[03:22] | refused to participate in the ritual. | 拒绝参与这个仪式 |
[03:25] | And even more surprisingly, | 更意外的是 |
[03:27] | The owner of the car in question | 正在讨论的车主 |
[03:30] | didn’t seem to notice. | 似乎没有注意到 |
[03:32] | Look, there’s even a refrigerator. | 瞧 这甚至有个冰箱 |
[03:34] | The Lexus dealer said there’s just enough room | 雷克萨斯的销售说这空间足以 |
[03:37] | for a split of champagne and two chilled glasses. | 放进两瓶香槟和两个高脚杯 |
[03:40] | – Ooh. – Ahh. | – 哦 – 啊 |
[03:41] | Mmm! | 嗯! |
[03:43] | And the best thing is, it’s a hybrid | 最妙的是 这是油电混合动力车 |
[03:45] | So you can barely hear it. Let me show you. | 所以几乎听不到车子发动 我来展示一下 |
[03:48] | Actually, I have to go to work. | 事实上 我还得去干活 |
[03:51] | But congratulations, Bree. It’s a beauty. | 不过祝贺你 Bree 这真棒 |
[03:59] | Was it just me, or was that a little abrupt? | 就我有这种感觉吗 还是那有点失礼? |
[04:01] | Eh, don’t take it personally. | 呃 这不是针对你 |
[04:03] | I think she’s got other things on her mind. | 我猜她在想着别的事情 |
[04:05] | Oh, dear. Is something wrong? | 哦 天啊 发生什么了? |
[04:08] | Well… | 是这样的… |
[04:10] | Apparently, she and Tom are having financial problems. | 显然 她和Tom经济状况出现问题了 |
[04:13] | They just had to sell Tom’s car. | 他们刚把Tom的车子卖了 |
[04:16] | And you know, I saw her at the recycling center. | 知道不 我还看到她去旧物回收中心 |
[04:19] | She was turning her cans in for money. | 她把罐头退掉好拿回钱 |
[04:21] | Ohh. Yikes. | 哦 呀 |
[04:23] | That’s, like, a half a step away | 这就只差没有拿鸡蛋 |
[04:25] | From selling your eggs on the internet. | 放到网上卖了 |
[04:27] | And here I am, rubbing my fabulous new car in her face. | 我居然还当面给她秀这强大的新车 |
[04:30] | I feel awful. | 太不好意思了 |
[04:32] | Oh, don’t. How could you have known? | 喔 别这样 你又不知道 |
[04:34] | Thank god I didn’t show her how the car parks itself. | 幸亏我没有向她展示这车会自动泊车的功能 |
[04:39] | But you’re gonna show us, right? | 但你会向我们展示的 对吧? |
[04:43] | Well, it is pretty amazing! | 这车真的是太棒了! |
[04:52] | Well, it’s nice to see you again, Mrs. Mayer. | 再次见到你真的很高兴 Mayer太太 |
[04:55] | Thank you for agreeing to see us, Mr. Hobson. | 谢谢您抽时间出来见我们 Hobson先生 |
[04:58] | Running a school like Oakridge | 管理一个像Oakridge这样的学校 |
[05:00] | Mustn’t leave you with much… | 您一定没有多少… |
[05:03] | Free time. | 空余时间 |
[05:06] | Happy to oblige. | 很高兴能帮得上忙 |
[05:07] | So I heard through the grapevine | 我听小道消息说 |
[05:11] | That there might be an opening for another student? | 还有一个学生的缺额? |
[05:15] | I assume you’re referring to the Henderson boy’s expulsion? | 我想你说的是那个叫Henderson的男孩被开除的事吧? |
[05:18] | Yeah. He bit his teacher, huh? | 是的 他打他的老师 对吧? |
[05:21] | They had that problem | 他们与那个 |
[05:22] | With their older boy, Toby. | 叫Toby的家伙有矛盾 |
[05:25] | It’s a family of biters. | 那一家子都是不讲理的人 |
[05:29] | Well, the whole situation was incredibly unfortunate. | 那个结果真的很令人遗憾 |
[05:33] | But… | 但是… |
[05:34] | Mm. | 唔 |
[05:36] | We can’t tolerate that kind of behavior. | 我们不能容忍那样的行为 |
[05:39] | Well, you wouldn’t have to worry about that with M.J. | 你不用担心M.J会出现这样的情况 |
[05:42] | He’s so well-behaved. | 他很有礼貌的 |
[05:45] | Look, I know how much you want your son at Oakridge. | 我知道你很想让你儿子进Oakridge |
[05:49] | You’ve called us every week for the past five months. | 过去五个月里你每周都给我们打电话 |
[05:52] | I’ve been too pushy. Oh, please don’t take it out on M.J. | 我一直都是这么有干劲 哦 千万别牵连到M.J身上 |
[05:55] | He is such a bright kid. Say something in Spanish. | 他是个很聪明的孩子 用西班牙语说几句话 |
[05:58] | I’m bored. | 我很无聊 |
[05:59] | Be bored in Spanish. | 用西班牙语表达 |
[06:01] | Mrs. Mayer, you can relax. | Mayer太太 轻松点 |
[06:04] | We would love to have M.J. Join us here. | 忠心希望M.J可以加入我们学校 |
[06:07] | Seriously? | 真的? |
[06:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:10] | As a matter of fact, his name was first on our waiting list. | 其实 他的名字排在我们的候补名单上的第一位 |
[06:13] | Fantastic! | 太好了! |
[06:14] | Oh! | 哦! |
[06:16] | Here’s a schedule for you. | 给你一个时间表 |
[06:18] | Here are some insurance forms you need to fill out. | 这里有些关于保险的表格你要填一下 |
[06:21] | And here’s the tuition. | 这些是学费 |
[06:22] | As you can see, it’s gone up a tad. | 正如你所看到的 费用涨了一点 |
[06:25] | Oh. | 哦 |
[06:26] | Yeah. That’s quite a tad. | 是的 涨了不少 |
[06:28] | But we’re starting in the middle of the year, | 但是我们半途才加入的 |
[06:31] | So we’d only pay half, right? | 所以我们只用交一半 对吗? |
[06:33] | Yes. We’ve already prorated it. That is half. | 是的 我们已经按比例算好了 交一半的钱 |
[06:40] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[06:48] | Hey, I just thought of a way | 嘿 我刚想出了个好点子 |
[06:52] | For us to celebrate our anniversary next week. | 来庆祝我们下周的周年纪念日 |
[06:54] | What do you think about dinner at the Palm? | 你觉得去Palm餐厅吃饭如何? |
[06:57] | The Palm? | Palm餐厅? |
[06:59] | As in, | 就是那个 |
[07:00] | “they don’t even show the prices on the menu” the Palm? | “从不会在菜单上标价格”的Palm餐厅? |
[07:03] | Honey, we’re still paying off credit card debt. | 亲爱的 我们还需要偿还信用卡的债务 |
[07:06] | Not anymore. The deal closed. I got the bonus. | 再也不用了 生意搞掂了 我得了红利 |
[07:10] | Oh, my god! | 哦 天啊! |
[07:12] | That’s great! | 太棒了! |
[07:14] | Oh, why didn’t you tell me this | 哦 你为什么不在今天早上 |
[07:16] | When you were begging for sex this morning? | 叫我做爱的时候告诉我? |
[07:18] | You would’ve closed that deal, too. Oh! | 你还搞掂了生意 哦! |
[07:21] | Oh. We’re rich again! Hallelujah! | 哦 我们又有钱了! 哈利路亚! |
[07:24] | Well, we are not”lighting cigars with $5 bills” rich, | 我们还没有富到”拿50亿美元抽雪茄”的程度 |
[07:26] | But we are headed in the right direction. | 但我们正在朝正确的方向发展 |
[07:28] | Oh! Honey, we’re gonna be us again… | 哦! 亲爱的 我们又可以做回自己了… |
[07:30] | The old Carlos and Gaby. | 原来的Carlos和Gaby |
[07:32] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[07:34] | I’m gonna wear my dress from the night you proposed. | 我会穿上你求婚当晚我穿的裙子 |
[07:36] | You still fit in that? | 你还穿得进去么? |
[07:39] | We’re rich again! Hallelujah! | 我们又有钱了! 哈利路亚! |
[07:43] | Have you not noticed me working my butt off? | 你没有注意到我的勤劳么? |
[07:46] | I’m almost back to the weight I was when we got married! | 我差不多恢复到结婚前的体重了! |
[07:49] | All I meant was… | 我的意思是… |
[07:52] | You don’t have to wear an old dress. | 你不用穿旧衣服了 |
[07:54] | I will buy you a new one. | 我会给你买个新的 |
[07:56] | No, no. This’ll be way more romantic. | 不 不 这样更浪漫 |
[07:59] | I’m one good colonic away from being the old me! | 我迫不及待想恢复以前的我了! |
[08:04] | I’ll call the restaurant. | 我去打电话给餐厅 |
[08:07] | They can write that on the cake. | 他们会写在蛋糕上 |
[08:14] | Sorry. I know how much you loved that car. | 抱歉 我知道你有多喜欢那车 |
[08:17] | This is all I have to remember her by. | 这是她仅留下给我的回忆了 |
[08:24] | I called her “Foxy.” You wanna know why? | 我把她叫做”Foxy” 你们知道为什么吗? |
[08:26] | No. | 不知道 |
[08:27] | Tom. | |
[08:29] | I just heard. You sold the car? | 我刚听说 你卖了车? |
[08:31] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:33] | Well, we needed the money. The restaurant is dying. | 我们需要钱 餐馆快倒了 |
[08:36] | Apparently, people don’t wanna buy their pizza | 很明显 人们是不会买 |
[08:38] | – From parents of an alleged arsonist. – Yeah, but Porter didn’t do it. | – 纵火犯的父母卖的比萨饼的 – 但那不是Porter做的 |
[08:42] | Well, maybe people still think that he’s guilty, | 嗯 也许是人们还觉得他是有罪的 |
[08:46] | or maybe it’s the economy. | 或者 这可能是经济问题 |
[08:48] | Or maybe it’s both. I don’t know. | 或者 可能两者都有 我不知道 |
[08:50] | All I know is, I am driving a “dad car” | 我所知道的是 我开的是一辆”爸爸车” |
[08:53] | while some other guy is out rolling with Foxy. | 而别的家伙正驾着Foxy出门 |
[08:57] | Oh, buddy. I’m so sorry. | 噢 伙计 我很抱歉 |
[09:03] | I wish there was something I could do. | 我希望这儿有我能做的事情 |
[09:06] | We should get going. | 我们得走了 |
[09:08] | But if we can help in any way, um, let us know. | 不过如果我们有什么能帮得上忙的 呃 告诉我们 |
[09:12] | – Okay? – Thanks. | – 好吗? – 谢谢 |
[09:20] | Okay, what just happened back there? | 好了 那儿刚发生的是什么? |
[09:23] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[09:25] | Oh, yeah. Like that’s gonna work. | 噢 是啊 看起来真有用 |
[09:27] | Why can’t you ever remember who you’re dealing with? | 你为什么就不能记住和你业务来往的人? |
[09:30] | Bob? Bob? Bob? Bob… I can keep this up all day. | Bob? Bob? Bob? Bob… 我一整天都能这样 |
[09:33] | – Bob? B… – Fine. | – Bob? B… – 好了 |
[09:34] | The day the case against Porter was dismissed, | 那天 那个Porter的案子被驳回 |
[09:37] | I was going over the discovery materials that the DA sent me. | 我正在看检察官发给我的材料 |
[09:40] | Okay? So? | 好的? 然后? |
[09:42] | The witness who put Porter in the storage room at the club, | 那个指正Porter进入俱乐部的储存室的目击证人 |
[09:45] | the only one linking him directly to the arson… | 是唯一一个可以把他跟纵火犯联系起来的人 |
[09:48] | Tom’s helpful buddy there… Dave Williams. | 那个要帮Tom的人… Dave Williams |
[09:51] | – What? – Yeah. | – 什么? – 对 |
[09:53] | Porter wasn’t even in the building. | Porter甚至都不在屋里 |
[09:55] | What the hell is Dave doing? | Dave到底在搞什么鬼? |
[09:57] | – I don’t know, but we have to tell Tom and Lynette. – No, that’ll just get ugly. | – 不知道 但是我们得告诉Tom和Lynette. – 不 那样会弄得很难看 |
[10:01] | I’m okay with that. | 我可以做得来 |
[10:02] | Lee, the charges have been dropped. | Lee 上诉已经驳回了 |
[10:04] | It’s no longer our business. | 那不再是我们的事了 |
[10:07] | Besides, there’s something about that Dave guy | 况且 Dave有些地方 |
[10:10] | that scares me. | 还真让我毛骨悚然 |
[10:22] | Oh! | 噢! |
[10:23] | Oh, I don’t get it! | 噢 我就不明白了! |
[10:25] | I’m only a few pounds away from my runway weight. | 我只是比我走台的时候胖了几磅 |
[10:28] | – You want me to let it out? – That would be cheating. | – 你要我加宽吗? – 那肯定是骗人的 |
[10:32] | I’m gonna try to go pee again. | 我得再上一次小便 |
[10:34] | It’s okay. You’ve had two children. | 没事儿的 你都有两个孩子了 |
[10:36] | The weight redistributes. Give in to it! I did. | 体重再分配了 屈服一下! 我就是这样的 |
[10:39] | Jean, you didn’t just give in to it. | Jean 你不仅是屈服 |
[10:41] | You slapped a piece of cheese on it. | 你还涂了一层奶酪 |
[10:43] | Yeah, I said it. Now just fix the hem. | 对 我说了 现在修理一下边缘 |
[10:46] | And this time, try not to leave the edges frayed. | 而这次 别再试着让边缘磨损了 |
[10:51] | Ooh! Ooh! | 噢! 噢! |
[10:55] | Hey, Edie! Wait up! | 嘿 Edie! 等等! |
[11:01] | Now don’t forget, the clasp is broken. | 现在 别忘了 那颗扣子松了 |
[11:03] | Oh, I’ll replace it. | 噢 我会换好的 |
[11:04] | It may not match exactly. | 那可能不会完全一样 |
[11:07] | But, um, your hair will cover it. | 但是 呃 你的头发能够遮住它 |
[11:09] | Jean, Carlos is taking me to the Palm, not out for hoagies. | Jean Carlos要带我去Palm餐厅 而不是去吃速食 |
[11:12] | Make it perfect. | 做完美点吧 |
[11:14] | Huh. I see Jean is back. | 呃哼 我看到牛仔裤回来了 |
[11:17] | – Ah, yeah. – Times are good. | – 啊 对 – 时间正好 |
[11:18] | Not for her. | 又不是为她 |
[11:20] | Hey, Mrs. Mccluskey said something | 嘿 Mccluskey女士说了些 |
[11:22] | about you losing 5 pounds in one day. | 关于你一天里瘦掉5磅的事情 |
[11:24] | How’d you do that? | 你是怎么做到的? |
[11:25] | I got drunk on Bourbon and threw up all over her lawn. | 我喝Bourbon酒喝醉了 然后吐得她的草坪到处都是 |
[11:28] | No, not that story. Something about a boot camp. | 不 不是那样的 关于训练营的事 |
[11:31] | Oh, yeah. Just started. | 噢 对 开始吧 |
[11:33] | Very military, very intense. | 非常军事化 非常紧张 |
[11:35] | That’s perfect. I’m trying to fit in an old dress. | 那很完美 我正试着要穿进一条旧礼服呢 |
[11:38] | – I need intense. – Forget it. You can’t get in without a recommendation, | – 我就是要紧张 – 忘了它吧 没有人推荐你是不能加入的 |
[11:42] | – and I’m not recommending you. – Why not? | – 而我是不会推荐你的 – 为什么不? |
[11:44] | Because you’d embarrass me. This is real exercise. | 因为你会让我尴尬的 这是真正的锻炼 |
[11:48] | It’s not the lotus position followed by a Mocha latte. | 这不是一种伴有摩卡拿铁的静坐方式 |
[11:51] | Oh, you’re just afraid I’m gonna look better than you! | 噢 你只是在害怕我看起来比你好! |
[11:57] | 6:00 AM, the park. Prepare to die. | 早上6:00 公园见 等死吧 |
[12:02] | Jeez. This is the tuition? | 天呐 这是学费? |
[12:05] | We’re gonna blow his college fund on first grade. | 我们会在第一年就用光他的大学学费 |
[12:07] | I know, I know. We may have to give up a few luxuries. | 我知道 我知道 我们或许必须得放弃一些奢侈品 |
[12:11] | Yeah, like food and heat. | 对 像是食物跟热量 |
[12:13] | Okay, you know the problems they’re having at his school. | 好了 你也知道在他学校里 他们面临的那些问题 |
[12:16] | And now with all the budget cutbacks… | 而现在 随着所有的预算的减少… |
[12:18] | I mean, this place is fabulous. | 我是说 这地方好极了 |
[12:20] | Yeah, I’m not saying it’s not. I’d kill to send him there. | 对 我没有说它不好 我也很想送他去那儿 |
[12:23] | – But I just can’t swing it. – Well, we’ve gotta do something. | – 但是我没办法啊 – 好了 我们得做些什么 |
[12:26] | My editor just quit, | 我的编辑辞职了 |
[12:27] | and my books are not exactly flying off the shelves. | 而我的书也不再扬眉吐气地出现在架子上了 |
[12:31] | – Could you pick up some extra shifts? – Oh, yeah, I will… | – 你能做些额外的转换吗? – 噢 好 我会… |
[12:34] | as soon as they create a 30-hour day. | 只要每天都有30个小时 |
[12:38] | – I’m working around the clock. – What about that big job you just did for the last three months? | – 我会昼夜不停地工作 – 你前三个月做的大项目怎么样了? |
[12:42] | What did you do with that money? | 你用那些钱做了什么呢? |
[12:44] | Susan, we’re not married anymore. | Susan 我们不再是夫妻了 |
[12:46] | And what I do with my money is none of your business. | 而我怎么用我的钱 跟你无关 |
[12:49] | Yeah, well, if we were still married, you’d… | 对 那好 如果我们还在一起生活 你会… |
[12:54] | Probably would’ve waited until I finished my sentence. | 或许该等等 直到我说完我的话 |
[12:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[13:00] | A check. | 支票 |
[13:02] | I understand you and Tom are going through some rough times. | 我知道你和Tom最近很困难 |
[13:05] | No. Oh! | 不是 噢! |
[13:08] | Thank you, but I can’t accept this. | 谢谢你 但我不能收下这个 |
[13:12] | However, I would like to know how much I’m not accepting. | 不过 我还是想知道我没有收下的是多少钱 |
[13:17] | $20,000?! | 20,000美元?! |
[13:20] | – How many cookbooks are you selling, woman? – We just went to a second printing, | – 你卖了多少本烹饪书 女人? – 我们只是准备做第二版印刷 |
[13:23] | And now they’re talking a 3-book deal. | 现在要求第三次印刷 |
[13:26] | So seriously, I am not gonna miss that money. | 说真的 这点钱不算什么 |
[13:28] | Wow! | 哇! |
[13:29] | That must be nice. | 真是太好了 |
[13:31] | But… I can’t accept it. | 但是… 我不能接受 |
[13:35] | Why not? What’s the point of success | 为什么? 如果不能与你爱的人分享 |
[13:37] | If you can’t share it with the people you love? | 成功有什么意义? |
[13:39] | – Because the people that you love may not be able to pay you back, | 因为你爱的人可能还不起钱 |
[13:42] | And then you stop loving them. – Then it’s not a loan, it’s a gift. | – 然后你就不会爱他了 – 这不是借 是礼物 |
[13:47] | Don’t you have a birthday coming up? | 你的生日不是快到了吗? |
[13:49] | And so do you. | 你也是啊 |
[13:53] | And I’m gonna feel real crappy | 想到你有薰衣草浴珠 |
[13:55] | When you unwrap your lavender bath beads. | 我就觉得窘迫 |
[13:57] | Come on, Lynette. | Lynette 拜托了 |
[13:58] | You can’t tell me this money won’t take the pressure off. | 你该不会说 收下这笔钱不能减轻你的负担吧 |
[14:01] | It would. | 能 |
[14:04] | But I can’t. I wouldn’t want it to affect our friendship. | 但我不能要 我不想让这影响我们的友谊 |
[14:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:11] | Although… | 不过… |
[14:14] | How would you like to own | 你觉得持有 |
[14:16] | – A piece of an Italian restaurant? – What? | – 部分意大利式餐厅 怎样? – 什么? |
[14:19] | It wouldn’t be a loan or a gift. | 这不是借贷或礼物 |
[14:20] | It would be… An investment | 这是… 一项投资 |
[14:22] | 卖给你 比如… Scavo餐厅的15%股份 | |
[14:26] | Oh! Well, that’s an intriguing offer. | 噢! 这个提议很有诱惑力 |
[14:28] | If we do well, you get a cut of the profits. | 生意好的话 就有利润可分 |
[14:31] | If we go belly-up, we liquidate, and you get the first $20,000. | 如果破产了 清偿后 先把2万美元还你 |
[14:36] | And then, of course, my family moves in with you. | 当然 我们要搬到你家里住 |
[14:39] | So… Do we have a deal? | 那么… 成交吗? |
[14:42] | We most certainly do… | 何乐而不为… |
[14:45] | Partner. | 合伙人 |
[14:49] | Some people think it’s strange | 有些人觉得很奇怪 |
[14:50] | I have a contract for my exercise class. | 我的健身课要签合同 |
[14:52] | But I want people to understand | 但我想让他们了解 |
[14:55] | – The commitment I expect from them. I found in the past… – Here you go. | – 我对他们承诺的期望 我发现过去… – 好了 |
[14:58] | – All signed. – You didn’t even read it. | – 都签了 – 你都没看过 |
[15:01] | Oh, no need. I’m up for anything. | 噢 不需要 我无所谓 |
[15:03] | Although I did just get a manicure, | 我刚刚修了指甲 |
[15:05] | So nothing that might chip a nail. | 只要不损伤指甲的都成 |
[15:08] | Mrs. Solis… | Solis太太… |
[15:09] | Let me tell you what I learn in the Israeli army. | 我告诉你在我以色列军队学到什么 |
[15:12] | A group without commitment is a group that will fail. | 没有承诺的团体 必败无疑 |
[15:16] | The women in my morning class are committed. | 参加早晨锻炼的人都许下承诺 |
[15:19] | I am starting to think | 我开始觉得 |
[15:21] | That you are not tough enough. | 你不够顽强 |
[15:23] | Not tough enough? | 不够顽强? |
[15:25] | Let me tell you something, Mr. Iraqi army guy. | 跟你说吧 伊拉克军人 |
[15:28] | – Israeli. – Whatever. | – 以色列 – 随便 |
[15:30] | I used to be a model, and you don’t know what war is | 我当过模特 没进过更衣室 |
[15:33] | Until you’ve been in a dressing room | 你就不知道硝烟的滋味 |
[15:35] | With a bunch of size zeroes reaching for the last rice cake. | 一大堆穿零号的人 抢最后一块连米糕 |
[15:38] | – I am plenty tough. – I’m not so sure. | – 我很顽强 – 我有点怀疑 |
[15:41] | Hey, I know some of those women in your exercise class. | 嘿 我认识你健身课上某些人 |
[15:43] | – The most exercise they ever get is cutting a piece of cake. – That’s a lap! | – 他们锻炼得最多的就是切蛋糕 – 这是一圈! |
[15:47] | – Excuse me? – In the contract. | – 什么? – 在合同上写明 |
[15:48] | There are certain words I do not tolerate… | 我不能容忍的几个词… |
[15:51] | “cake,” “tired,” | “蛋糕” “累” |
[15:53] | “can’t,” “doughnut.” | “不行” “甜甜圈” |
[15:56] | If I hear them, you owe me a lap. | 被我听到 你就要跑一圈 |
[15:59] | It’s an exercise class. Why would anyone say “doughnut”? | 这是个健身课 为什么说”甜甜圈”就惹到人? |
[16:03] | That’s another lap! | 又一圈! |
[16:05] | You know, maybe I should give this a little gander. | 也许我要稍微浏览一下 |
[16:14] | Come on, ladies! | 女士们 加油啊! |
[16:16] | When I was in the special forces, | 我在特种部队时 |
[16:18] | We would do sit-ups in 115-degree weather. | 我们曾在115华氏度(高温)中做仰卧起坐 |
[16:21] | I still have sand in my ass. | 我的屁股都进沙了 |
[16:24] | You people are weak! Let’s go! Let’s go! | 你们这些人真没用! 加油! 加油! |
[16:29] | Gaby, knock it off. | Gaby 别停啊 |
[16:31] | You’re gonna get us all in trouble. | 你要给我们惹麻烦了 |
[16:33] | It’s hard. | 太难了 |
[16:35] | Of course it is. That’s why it’s called boot camp. | 当然了 这就是为什么称它为新兵训练营 |
[16:38] | Just hang in there, Gaby. We all went through it. | 坚持住 Gaby 我们都坚持下来了 |
[16:41] | Shut up, Mona. I’m puking air. | 闭嘴 Mona 我都干呕了 |
[16:45] | He’s coming. Get crunching. | 他过来了 躺下来做 |
[16:49] | Hey! Did I hear talking? | 嘿! 谁在说话? |
[16:51] | Sorry, sir! She got a little nauseous. | 抱歉 先生! 她有点恶心 |
[16:56] | I don’t give a rat’s ass what your problem is. | 我不觉得你有什么问题啊 |
[16:58] | You retch on your own time. | 在呕你找个时间再呕 |
[17:00] | Okay. We need to talk. | 那么 我们需要谈谈 |
[17:03] | Gaby, no. | Gaby 不要 |
[17:05] | What the hell are you doing? Get your butt back down! | 你究竟在干嘛? 坐下! |
[17:07] | – Yeah, yeah, yeah. – Time-out. Time-out? | – 知道了 休息 – 休息? |
[17:10] | Look, I appreciate this whole military commando act, | 听着 我很赞赏整个军队式的突击活动 |
[17:13] | – But I’m new at this, and frankly, this is a bit much. – A bit much? | – 但我是新手 坦白的说 这有点强度太大 – 强度太大? |
[17:17] | Yeah. Are we gonna get a break soon? | 是啊 是不是应快点休息一下? |
[17:20] | Oh. Oh, we want a break. | 噢 我们想休息 |
[17:23] | Like, maybe some coffee, some pastry? | 比如来些 一些咖啡 一些糕点? |
[17:27] | Oh, that sounds so yummy. | 噢 听起来很好吃 |
[17:29] | – You got any? – No, I don’t got any! Now get down or I’m gonna put you down! | – 你有吗? – 一点也没有! 马上躺下 否则我要我要自己动手了! |
[17:33] | – I said time-out! – There is no time-out! You signed a contract! Now get down! | – 我说了休息! – 没有休息! 你签了合同! 马上躺下! |
[17:37] | – Don’t take that tone with me. I am paying. – Do it! Do it! | – 别对我用这种语气 我付钱了 – 快做! 快做! |
[17:40] | – Aah! – Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! | – 啊! – 快做! 快做! 快做! 快做! |
[17:43] | Who brought her here? | 谁带她来的? |
[17:45] | 是我! | |
[17:47] | 抱歉 长官! | |
[17:49] | 因为Edie的缘故 | |
[17:51] | 两英里长跑变成四英里! | |
[18:07] | – 噢 上帝 看哪 哇! – 嘿 怎么了? | |
[18:11] | 哦 Susan 你得来看看 | |
[18:14] | 哦 请别夸张了 | |
[18:16] | 棒极了 Susan 你看 | |
[18:18] | – 呃 究竟看什么? – 珍珠项链 | |
[18:22] | 哦 那个 它们真漂亮 | |
[18:25] | 谢谢 | |
[18:27] | 哦 我还得准备一个成人仪式 再见 | |
[18:32] | 噢 她真幸运 | |
[18:34] | Mike真是个好男人 | |
[18:36] | 什么? Mike买的? Mike给她买珍珠项链? | |
[18:39] | 他是个好男人 | |
[18:42] | 噢 对了 你没留住他 是吧? | |
[18:46] | 嗯 | |
[18:48] | Su… | |
[18:54] | – 嗨 – Lynette 噢 真希望能有时间和你聊聊 | |
[18:57] | 但是我正要去开个会 | |
[18:59] | 我可能要自己设计烤盘的样式了 你能想像吗? | |
[19:02] | – 我只要一下就好 – 好吧 | |
[19:04] | Tom 和我非常感激你的投资 | |
[19:06] | – 因此我们想特别为你做点什么 – 听起来真好 | |
[19:09] | 我们今晚准备歇业 | |
[19:11] | 在Scavo为你开个派对 只有家人和朋友 | |
[19:15] | 庆祝你的成功 开心的玩一晚上 | |
[19:18] | – 就像从前一样 你觉得怎样? – 听起来真不错 能边走边说么? | |
[19:22] | – 当然 当然 – 你知道更妙的是什么? | |
[19:25] | 出版商一直求我 | |
[19:27] | – 在本地做一次发行式 – 哦 | |
[19:30] | 我可以在你的餐厅做签售 | |
[19:32] | 让你客座满盈 | |
[19:34] | – 能帮我拿一下么? – 哦 好 我们经常客座满盈 不过这聚会是为你办的 | |
[19:37] | – 你想怎样都行 – 噢 把那个挂在后面的挂钩上就行 | |
[19:41] | 我是想给你制造机会 | |
[19:43] | 把餐馆冷清的周四晚上 | |
[19:46] | 变成一个大型活动时间 | |
[19:49] | 真不知道该说什么 | |
[19:51] | 别谢我 这可是你的主意 | |
[19:53] | 对 | |
[20:00] | 真高兴我想到了这主意 | |
[20:04] | Susan Mayer 知道她没能力把她想给的 | |
[20:08] | 都给她儿子… | |
[20:13] | 可是当她想到儿子的学费 | |
[20:16] | 被用来买Katherine Mayfair的项链 | |
[20:18] | 她觉得儿子的利益受到了损害 | |
[20:22] | 很快 她就决定了… | |
[20:27] | 应该怎么讨回 | |
[20:36] | – Susan 你好 – 嗨 你在家吗? | |
[20:39] | 呃 在 正要冲个澡 什么事? | |
[20:42] | 我快疯了 我觉得我好像忘锁门了 | |
[20:45] | 你能去帮我看看么? 我不挂电话 | |
[20:50] | 哦 没什么 我完全理解 | |
[20:53] | 我忘锁门的时候 | |
[20:55] | 就老是觉得会有人闯进去 | |
[20:59] | 完全正确 | |
[21:04] | 而且就算我已经在去机场的半路上了 | |
[21:08] | 我也得拐回来看看 | |
[21:10] | 然后发现我确实忘了关垃圾处理口 | |
[21:13] | 所以从那以后 我每次都检查 | |
[21:17] | 噢 我也一样的 现在你可以放松了 | |
[21:19] | – 前门锁的好好的? – 噢 还有 | |
[21:22] | 我还担心偏门没锁 | |
[21:24] | – 能不能也帮我看看? – 已经看过了 都锁好了 | |
[21:27] | 好了 那我要冲澡了 再见 亲爱的 | |
[22:06] | Mike 是你吗? | |
[22:14] | 回来的真及时 | |
[22:18] | Susan? | |
[22:19] | 嗨 | |
[22:23] | 喂! | |
[22:29] | Susan Mayer! | |
[22:30] | 看在上帝的份上 还我项链! | |
[22:35] | 要项链还是浴巾…你来决定 | |
[22:38] | – You wouldn’t dare. – I have been naked on this street. | – 你不敢的 – 我之前也在街上裸体过 |
[22:41] | – It would be nice to take the heat off that story. – Have you lost your mind? | – 重温旧事也不错 – 你疯啦? |
[22:45] | Mike said he can’t afford to pay for M.J.’s private school. | Mike 说没钱给M.J.上私立学校 |
[22:48] | Now I know why. | 现在我知道原因了 |
[22:50] | He wants to see his girlfriend wearing pearls | 他想让女朋友身体赤裸的时候 |
[22:52] | When she flashes him. | 穿上珍珠项链给他看 |
[22:53] | What? He wouldn’t pay for M.J.’s school? | 什么? 他不肯给M.J.交学费? |
[22:56] | No. So I was going to take these | 不肯 所以我要把你的项链 |
[22:58] | And sell them to try to pay for it, | 拿去卖钱交学费 |
[23:00] | And, yes, now that I’m saying it out loud, | 好吧 我现在说的这么大声 |
[23:03] | – I hear how stupid that sounds. – I can’t believe Mike would do that. | – 我才觉得自己这样做有多么蠢 – 真不相信Mike会这样做 |
[23:07] | Well, he did. | 他确实这么做了 |
[23:09] | Hey, Mrs. Mayfair. | 嗨 Mayfair太太 |
[23:12] | It’s nice to see you. | 见到你真开心 |
[23:19] | Perhaps we should discuss this later. | 或许我们迟点再谈吧 |
[23:38] | This can’t be good. | 情况不妙啊 |
[23:42] | So is this a “welcome home, we missed you” kind of thing | 那么 这是类似于 “欢迎回来 我们想你” |
[23:46] | Or… | 还是… |
[23:49] | Oh. | 噢 |
[23:51] | Damn right, “oh.” what happened to “I’m broke | 这个 “噢” 太对了 你说的 “我没钱 |
[23:53] | – And can’t afford to send M.J. To private school”? – Don’t get me wrong, Mike. | – 不能让M.J.上私立学校”? 是怎么回事 – 别误会我 Mike |
[23:56] | It was a wonderfully generous present. | 你送我的礼物真的很棒 |
[23:59] | But you can’t go around blowing your kid’s money | 但你不能浪费孩子上学的钱 |
[24:02] | On jewelry for your girlfriend. | 去买贵重首饰给你女朋友啊 |
[24:04] | What did these cost you? $4,000, $5,000? | 这多少钱来着? 4,000美元 还是5,000? |
[24:07] | $129. | 129美元 |
[24:11] | What? | 什么? |
[24:12] | They’re fake, okay? | 是假货 好吧? |
[24:15] | And I knew how badly you wanted pearls, | 我知道你很想要珍珠项链 |
[24:17] | And I couldn’t afford real ones. | 但我买不起真的 |
[24:20] | And the salesman swore you’d never know the difference, | 卖项链的说保证别人看不出是假的 |
[24:22] | And she didn’t. | 她的确看不出 |
[24:24] | Well… | 那么… |
[24:25] | At least you won’t feel bad if you ever lose them. | 那至少项链丢了你也不会太伤心 |
[24:33] | I just wanted to get you a really nice gift, | 我只是想给你买份好的礼物 |
[24:36] | And I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:38] | I… I guess I was embarrassed when I couldn’t. | 我… 我觉得很尴尬因为我买不起 |
[24:40] | Mike, don’t ever feel | Mike 不要想着 |
[24:42] | Like you have to spend money to impress me. | 要通过花钱来让打动我 |
[24:45] | Okay? | 好吧? |
[24:47] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[24:49] | I’m already very impressed. | 我已经觉得很感动了 |
[24:57] | Ugh. Okay, okay. Point made. | 好吧 好吧 说清楚了 |
[25:01] | Move along. | 继续吧 |
[25:02] | I’ll go fix us some dinner. | 我去弄点吃的 |
[25:07] | How dare you. | 你怎么能这样 |
[25:09] | I didn’t know they were fake. | 我不知道项链是假的 |
[25:12] | I mean how dare you think | 我是说 你怎么敢误会我 |
[25:14] | That I would put jewelry for my girlfriend | 会把儿子的教育经费 |
[25:16] | Ahead of my son’s education. | 拿去买项链给我的女朋友 |
[25:18] | Okay, maybe I jumped to conclusions, | 好吧 或许我太武断了 |
[25:20] | But this school is important for M.J. | 但这间学校对M.J.很重要 |
[25:23] | I feel really bad that we’re falling short. | 我们的资金短缺让我觉得很郁闷 |
[25:26] | Susan, I’ve been at work since 6:00 this morning, | Susan 我今天从6点一直工作到现在 |
[25:28] | And after I inhale a 5-minute dinner, | 现在我出来吃完5分钟的饭 |
[25:30] | I’m going back out till midnight. | 又要回去工作至深夜 |
[25:32] | I am busting my ass to give our son the best, | 我已经拼尽力气去让孩子过的好 |
[25:35] | So if we’re falling short, it’s not because of me. | 如果我们资金短缺 问题不在我 |
[25:54] | What? | 干嘛? |
[25:55] | Where are you? You’re late for training. | 你在哪里? 你的训练要迟到了 |
[25:58] | Oh, yeah, I quit that. | 噢 对 我退出了 |
[26:00] | There is no quitting. It’s in the contract. | 不能退出 合约里写的 |
[26:03] | Yeah, well, maybe you should take it up with my lawyer. | 对 好吧 或许你应该跟我律师说 |
[26:07] | Here he is. | 我让他听电话 |
[26:13] | We are not leaving! | 我们不会走的! |
[26:19] | Oh. | 噢 |
[26:20] | Come on, ladies! Keep going! | 加油啊 女士们! 坚持! |
[26:22] | Keep it moving! | 坚持继续! |
[26:24] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你以为你在干嘛啊? |
[26:28] | When you don’t come to boot camp, | 你不来军训的话 |
[26:30] | Boot camp comes to you. Fall in! | 军训就要找你 入列! |
[26:33] | – Are you out of mind? I have two sleeping children. – Oh, I know. I’ve seen the cellulite. | – 你疯了吗? 我有两个孩子正在睡觉呢 – 噢 我知道 我看到你的赘肉了 |
[26:37] | – Fall in! – Do it, Gaby. There is no quitting. | – 入列! – 照做吧 Gaby 不能退出的 |
[26:40] | Oh, don’t get all holier than thou, Mona. | 但我不明白他嚷嚷什么 Mona |
[26:42] | – I saw you pull into the doughnut shack yesterday. – Doughnut… that’s a lap! | – 我昨天在甜甜圈店见到你了 – 甜甜圈 罚跑一圈! |
[26:47] | Oh, really? Well, try this on for size. | 哦 是嘛? 那你听听这个吧 |
[26:49] | I’m going back to bed, because I’m tired. | 我要回去睡觉了 因为我累了 |
[26:52] | And when I wake up, maybe I’ll have some cake, | 起来的时候 我要吃点蛋糕 |
[26:55] | And you can’t stop me. | 你不能阻止我 |
[27:05] | Gaby! | |
[27:07] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[27:08] | If you don’t get out there, | 如果你不出去 |
[27:10] | He is gonna take it out on the rest of us. | 他会把火都发在我们身上的 |
[27:13] | Well, frankly, some of them need it. | 噢 坦白说那里有几个很需要更多锻炼 |
[27:15] | I just came for a little remodel, | 我去军训是为了调整身型 |
[27:17] | And there are some real teardowns out there. | 但那里有几个人大概是胖的要哭吧 |
[27:19] | Wow. You are one spoiled, selfish, little brat. | 哇 你真是个被宠坏又自私的孩子 |
[27:21] | Oh, for god sakes, Edie, it’s a stupid exercise class. | 哦 天呐 Edie 那是个愚蠢的训练班 |
[27:24] | I tried it. It sucked. I don’t want to do it anymore. | 我试过了 没用 所以我不想再参加了 |
[27:28] | – Lighten up. – Well, that stupid little exercise class is filled | – 放松点 – 很好 那愚蠢的训练班里有 |
[27:31] | With women who bust their asses three times a week | 每周三次认真训练 |
[27:34] | While raising kids and holding down full-time jobs. | 还要照顾孩子 扛下全职工作的女人 |
[27:36] | Well, they’re crazy. He yells, and they jump. | 嗯 她们疯了 他吼 她们就跳 |
[27:39] | He tells them to run all the way over here, and they do it. | 他让她们一直跑 她们就照做 |
[27:42] | He didn’t make us come here. We agreed to. | 不是他让我们来这儿的 是我们自发的 |
[27:45] | What the hell for? | 为什么? |
[27:48] | Because you told us | 因为你告诉过我们 |
[27:50] | That it was important to you to get into that dress. | 穿上那裙子对你来说很重要 |
[27:54] | So we came here to support you. | 所以我们是来支持你的 |
[27:58] | You wanted the old Gaby back? | 你想要原来的Gaby回来么? |
[28:01] | Well, congratulations. You got her… | 那么 恭喜 你已经找到她了… |
[28:03] | A self-centered, obnoxious jerk. | 一个自私的 令人厌恶的笨蛋 |
[28:07] | Personally, I liked poor, paunchy Gaby better. | 就我个人来说 我更喜欢那个没有钱 身材臃肿的Gaby |
[28:11] | At least she had some humility. | 至少她还知道谦虚 |
[28:37] | Okay, time to stretch. | 好了 伸展运动 |
[28:40] | Not you! | 不是你! |
[28:41] | You are 25 minutes late. Give me 50. | 你迟到了25分钟 给我做50个 |
[29:01] | Oh, my god. You’re her! | 哦 上帝啊 你是她! |
[29:04] | Well, technically, I’m she, but yes. | 我确实是她没错 |
[29:07] | Your turkey tetrazzini saved my marriage. | 你的土耳其苔托基尼(食物名)拯救了我的婚姻 |
[29:10] | Would you sign this for me? | 能帮我签名么? |
[29:12] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[29:14] | I am so excited to be tasting your food tonight. | 我真兴奋 今晚能尝到你的手艺 |
[29:17] | My food? What are you talking about? | 我的手艺? 你在说什么? |
[29:19] | Oh, well, it says here the chefs of Scavo’s | 哦 嗯 这里说今晚Scavo的厨师 |
[29:22] | – Are going to be making recipes from your book. – They are? | – 会照着你的食谱进行烹饪 – 是么? |
[29:25] | I can’t wait to try that four cheese pizza. | 我都等不及要尝尝那四层奶酪披萨啦 |
[29:28] | Well, you might have to. | 嗯 恐怕你得等等了 |
[29:30] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[29:32] | Lynette. | |
[29:34] | I understand you and your fellow chefs | 我了解你和你的厨师们 |
[29:36] | Will be serving my four cheese pizza tonight. | 今晚会奉上我的奶酪披萨 |
[29:39] | Yep. Just adding the parmesan. | 是啊 再加点帕尔马干酪 |
[29:42] | But that’s commercial parmesan. | 但那是低质的帕尔马干酪 |
[29:46] | So? | 那又怎样? |
[29:47] | So that’s like the dust they sweep off the floor | 那就像是在真正做奶酪的地方 |
[29:49] | Of a place that makes real cheese. | 扫下来的灰尘一样 |
[29:51] | Oh, no. It’s fine. We use it all the time. | 哦 不 没事的 我们一直都用这个 |
[29:54] | Oh, perhaps you do, but my recipe specifies fresh grated. | 哦 可能你们是这么做 但我的食谱上指定要新鲜磨碎的奶酪 |
[29:57] | Bree, no one will notice. | Bree 没人会注意的 |
[29:59] | Parmesan is the fourth cheese in a four cheese pizza. | 帕尔马干酪是这四层奶酪披萨中的最后一层 |
[30:02] | It’s the ringo of these cheeses. | 只是用来装饰的 |
[30:05] | Hey, Mr. Scavo said the grease trap is overflowing again. | 嘿 Scavo先生说 隔油器又开始漏了 |
[30:08] | Oh, for pete’s sake. I’ll be right back. | 哦 天呐 我马上回来 |
[30:11] | Uh, take your time. | 哦 你随意吧 |
[30:14] | I’m sorry. We haven’t been introduced. | 不好意思 我们还没有介绍彼此 |
[30:17] | I’m Bree Hodge, part owner. | 我是Bree Hodge 参股人 |
[30:19] | – Hi. I’m Cindy. – We’ll chat later. | – 嗨 我是Cindy – 我们晚点再聊吧 |
[30:22] | Roll out some dough and show me where the basil is. | 擀面团 告诉我罗勒(用于调味)在哪儿 |
[30:25] | We’ll be serving three cheese pizza tonight. | 今晚我们要上3层奶酪披萨 |
[30:27] | But what about the pizzas that we just made? | 那我们做的披萨怎么办呢? |
[30:42] | Tom, I can’t tell you how happy I am for you. | Tom 我都没法形容我有多高兴 |
[30:44] | – This place is packed. It’s packed! – Yep. You know what? Bree really came through for us. | – 那么多人 都有那么多人了! – 是啊 你知道么? Bree帮了我们很多 |
[30:48] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. Even if she hadn’t, | 等等 等等 等等 等等 就算她没有 |
[30:50] | You would have landed on your feet. | 你也能自力更生的啊 |
[30:52] | – I had total faith in you. – And you have had three scotch and sodas. | – 我相信你 – 而你已经喝了三杯苏格兰酒和苏打了 |
[30:55] | Dude, this money goes right in your pocket. | 老兄 这些都是你的收入了 |
[30:57] | Mm! I’m just supporting you. | 嗯! 我支持你 |
[31:00] | Hey, I gotta go check on that grease trap. | 嘿 我去检查下隔油器 |
[31:02] | Yeah, I gotta get back to Edie. She wanted me home by 10:00. | 嗯 我也得回Edie那儿了 她让我10点回家 |
[31:05] | But, dude, congratulations. | 但 老兄 恭喜你 |
[31:07] | I’m proud of you. | 我以你为荣 |
[31:08] | – See ya. – You bet. | – 回见 – 当然 |
[31:10] | Hey, Tom? | 嗨 Tom? |
[31:11] | Yeah? | 嗯? |
[31:13] | Nothing. Never mind. You’re busy. You know, wait. | 没什么 别在意 你在忙 你知道么 等等 |
[31:16] | I… | 我… |
[31:18] | I just want you to know that… | 我只想要你知道… |
[31:21] | – That guy’s not your friend. – Who? Dave? | – 那人不是你朋友 – 谁? Dave? |
[31:23] | Is there someplace we can talk? | 有什么地方我们能谈谈么? |
[31:26] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[31:37] | Son of a… | 狗娘养… |
[31:43] | If this doesn’t stop your mother-in-law | 如果这都不能让你岳母 |
[31:45] | From criticizing your cooking, I will give you a full refund. | 停止指责你的厨艺 我会全额退款的 |
[31:48] | Hey, can I borrow you a sec? | 嘿 能借一步说话么? |
[31:50] | – Now? People are waiting. – You’ll still be a celebrity in five minutes. Come on. | – 现在么? 大家等着呢 – 5分钟内你还是名人的 快来 |
[31:53] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[32:03] | You want to explain this? | 你想解释么? |
[32:05] | Oh, dear. I was hoping to spare your feelings, | 哦 亲爱的 我希望能体会 |
[32:08] | But since you know, I wasn’t comfortable having my recipe | 但你知道 我不喜欢看到用一些劣质材料 |
[32:11] | Made with substandard ingredients. | 来做我食谱上的菜 |
[32:14] | We use that parmesan all the time. | 我们一直都是用帕尔玛奶酪 |
[32:16] | You can’t go changing things without asking me. | 你不能不问过我就换掉它 |
[32:19] | Hey, you made me partner. | 嘿 你邀我合伙 |
[32:21] | 我有权修改百分之十五的东西 于是我选了帕尔玛奶酪 | |
[32:24] | And I don’t know if you’ve heard, | 不知道你有没有听到 |
[32:26] | but people are raving about my pizza. | 大家对我做的披萨赞不绝口 |
[32:28] | Well, they probably would have loved my pizza, too, | 噢 也许他们也会喜欢我做的披萨 |
[32:31] | but we’ll never know, | 可还有谁会知道呢 |
[32:32] | because my partner threw it in the garbage. What a waste. | 因为我的合伙人把它都扔进垃圾车了 真是浪费 |
[32:35] | Fine. I’ll reimburse you, if that’ll make things right. | 好吧 如果能让你高兴点的话 我会补偿你的 |
[32:38] | Oh, sure. It’s only money, right? | 噢 肯定的 只是一点小钱嘛 对吧? |
[32:41] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[32:44] | We all know how well you’re doing, Bree. | 谁都知道你现在活的多自在 Bree |
[32:46] | You have made that very clear. | 你已经表现的很明显了 |
[32:48] | But you shouldn’t be lording it over everybody | 可你不应该因为有点小运气 |
[32:51] | just ’cause you’ve caught a couple of breaks. | 就自恃高于所有人 |
[32:52] | Caught a couple of breaks? | 有点小运气? |
[32:54] | I’ve worked my ass off to get where I am. | 我能这样都是靠自己的努力得来的 |
[32:58] | I’ve worked my ass off, too. I just wasn’t as lucky as you. | 我也很努力 只是没你那么幸运 |
[33:01] | Well, I’ve always believed that we create our own luck. | 噢 我一直认为 运气是要靠争取的 |
[33:04] | Meaning that I’ve created my own failure? | 你是说 我的失败都是我一手造成的? |
[33:06] | Well, not completely, but let’s face it. You do cut corners. | 噢 不全是 可接受事实 你现在手头确实很拮据 |
[33:11] | I mean, one of the things I can teach you | 我是说 我能教你的一件事 |
[33:13] | – is the importance of the attention to detail. – Wow. Talk about luck. | – 就是注意细节是多么的重要 – 哇噢 谈到运气 |
[33:16] | When I offered to throw you this little thank-you party, | 当我提议为你办一个感恩派对时 |
[33:19] | I never imagined that it would turn into an opportunity | 我怎么也不会想到 这会变成 |
[33:22] | for me to learn from the great Bree Hodge. | 我向Bree Hodge大人学习的大好机会 |
[33:25] | Well, I’m not the one who needed $20,000 | 噢 我可不是需要2万美金 |
[33:27] | to keep my business afloat. | 来维持饭店经营的人 |
[33:29] | – No, you’re the one who’s never gonna let me forget it. – Where are you going? | 不 你是让永远记住这点的人 – 你去哪? |
[33:33] | Home. Tell me how the party I threw for you turns out. | 回家 记得告诉我 我为你办的派对情况如何 |
[33:36] | Lynette, I… I… I don’t understand why you’re so upset. | Lynette 我… 我… 我不明白你为何这么生气 |
[33:40] | I know you don’t, | 我知道你不明白 |
[33:41] | but five years ago, you would’ve. | 但如果是5年前 你就会明白 |
[33:46] | My car! | 我的车! |
[33:50] | You know that was an accident, right? | 你知道那是意外 对吧? |
[33:54] | I did the best I could on the clasp, Mrs. Solis. | 关于对扣 我已经尽力了 Solis太太 |
[33:57] | I don’t think you’ll be able to tell the difference. | 我想应该看不出什么差异的 |
[34:01] | Okay, be honest. | 好吧 这是实话 |
[34:02] | Here I come. | 我来了 |
[34:15] | So what do you think? | 你认为怎么样? |
[34:17] | You are stunning. | 你美极了 |
[34:20] | Radiant. | 很迷人 |
[34:22] | Really? | 真的? |
[34:24] | Really. | 真的 |
[34:25] | You’re back, Mrs. Solis, | 你又回来了 Solis太太 |
[34:27] | exactly like you were before. | 和原来完全一样 |
[34:30] | Oh, I think I’ve changed a little bit. | 噢 还是有点变化的 |
[34:32] | Not that I can see. | 我可看不出来 |
[34:39] | If there’s nothing else, I’ll be going. | 没什么事的话 我走了 |
[34:42] | Jean, wait. | Jean 等等 |
[34:43] | What is it? Is there a problem? | 什么事? 还有问题? |
[34:45] | No, no. It’s perfect. | 不 不是 一切很完美 |
[34:48] | I just want to tell you | 我只是想对你说 |
[34:50] | how helpful you’ve been to me over the years, | 我很感激 |
[34:53] | and I’m really grateful. | 你这些年来对我的帮助 |
[34:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:07] | Hey, buddy. How was the rest of the… | 嗨 老兄 其他那些… |
[35:10] | Oh! | 噢! |
[35:11] | I know what you did. | 我知道你干的好事了 |
[35:14] | – What?! – Don’t give me that! | – 什么?! – 别装蒜! |
[35:16] | – I know that you told the cops that Porter set that fire. – I didn’t say he set the fire. | 我知道是你告诉警察 火是Porter放的 – 我没说是他放的火 |
[35:21] | I only said I saw him in the back hallway. | 我只是说 我看见他在后面的过道 |
[35:24] | You couldn’t have! He wasn’t there! | 你怎么能说! 他根本就不在那! |
[35:26] | Tom, the cops were really grilling me. | Tom 那些警察一直问我 |
[35:29] | They wouldn’t let up. | 不肯收手 |
[35:31] | I had to tell them what I thought I saw. | 我只能告诉他们我看见的 |
[35:34] | Porter could have gone to jail. | Porter会坐牢的 |
[35:37] | You almost destroyed my family, destroyed our business. | 你几乎毁了我的家庭 毁了我的事业 |
[35:40] | I’ll make it up to you. I swear. | 我会补偿你的 我发誓 |
[35:43] | I never meant to hurt you or Lynette. | 我从没想过要伤害你和Lynette |
[35:45] | Oh, Lynette doesn’t know about this. I didn’t tell her. | 噢 Lynette还不知道 我没告诉她 |
[35:48] | If I had, you’d be dead. | 如果说了 你就死定了 |
[35:51] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:53] | I never should have said anything to the cops. | 我不应该告诉警察任何事 |
[35:56] | It was dark. I’d been drinking. You’ve gotta believe me. | 当时很暗 我又喝了酒 你要相信我 |
[36:02] | Stop. | 住手 |
[36:03] | Just stop. | 快住手 |
[36:07] | Are you done? | 你不再打了? |
[36:09] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[36:12] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[36:15] | I mean, there’s gotta be some way we can work this out. | 我是说 我们肯定能想出解决的办法的 |
[36:18] | We’re friends. | 我们是朋友 |
[36:21] | That’s what I thought, too. | 我原本也是这样想的 |
[36:25] | But I don’t know who you are. | 可是 我都不认识你了 |
[36:32] | Tom. | |
[36:36] | Tom. | |
[36:49] | Can I ask you something? | 能问你点事吗? |
[36:51] | Go ahead. Shoot. | 可以 说吧 |
[36:54] | I’ve been thinking a lot | 我想了很多 |
[36:56] | About your first wife. | 你前妻的事情 |
[36:59] | Edie. | |
[37:00] | I know. Just one question, and then I’ll shut it. | 我知道 只问一个问题 然后就不谈这个话题了 |
[37:04] | I don’t like talking about her. | 我不想谈她 |
[37:07] | It has been weeks since I found out she even existed, | 我知道她的存在 已经好几个星期了 |
[37:09] | And I’ve never mentioned her once. | 但我还没提起过她 |
[37:12] | Come on. Look at this as my reward. | 求你了 就当奖励我 |
[37:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:20] | One question. | 一个问题 |
[37:24] | Being married to her… Mm-hmm. | 娶她… 嗯 |
[37:27] | Or being married to me… Mm. | 和娶我… 嗯 |
[37:30] | What’s the biggest difference? | 最大的区别是什么? |
[37:33] | Honestly? | 要我说实话吗? |
[37:36] | Our marriage is more real. | 我们的婚姻更真实 |
[37:39] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[37:41] | Mm. | 是的 |
[37:43] | In what way? | 怎么更真实? |
[37:48] | Well,with her, it was like… | 和她在一起… |
[37:51] | A fairy tale. | 就像童话故事 |
[37:53] | I thought it would last forever. | 原以为可以天长地久 白头偕老 |
[37:56] | It didn’t. | 事实却没有 |
[37:58] | What you and I have is more real | 我们的婚姻更真实 |
[38:00] | Because I know it’s not forever. | 因为我知道 这段婚姻无法永恒 |
[38:03] | When I hold you, | 每当我抓住你的手 |
[38:06] | When I kiss you, | 亲吻你 |
[38:08] | I try to remind myself to appreciate the moment, | 我总提醒自己 这美好的时刻 弥足珍贵 |
[38:11] | Because tomorrow may never come. | 因为 我也许活不到明天 |
[38:13] | Love… | 爱情… |
[38:16] | Is just temporary. | 只是短暂的 |
[38:21] | The way the fairy tale ends… | 童话故事的结局… |
[38:24] | Is death. | 是死亡 |
[38:32] | My first instinct | 我的第一直觉 |
[38:34] | Was to ask you if she was prettier than me. | 是想问她是不是比我漂亮 |
[38:37] | When will I learn to go with my gut? | 我什么时候能学着直觉敏锐点呢? |
[38:49] | I’m sorry. You can’t afford the tuition? | 冒昧 你是不是负担不起学费? |
[38:52] | No. | 不是的 |
[38:53] | But I read in your brochure | 我看了你们的宣传册 |
[38:56] | 员工家属上学可以打五折 | |
[38:58] | So for your Art Department, | 贵校的美术系 |
[39:00] | How would you like to hire | 是否愿意招聘一个 |
[39:03] | An award-winning children’s book illustrator | 获奖的儿童图书插图画家呢? |
[39:07] | Who is great with kids and has a face you can’t say no to? | 我热爱孩子 平易近人 您不会拒绝我吧 |
[39:11] | Unfortunately, | 可惜的是 |
[39:12] | Our Art Department is fully staffed. | 美术系没有空缺 |
[39:16] | Can’t say no. | 你不会拒绝我的 对吧? |
[39:18] | Miss Mayer, | Mayer小姐 |
[39:20] | I appreciate your enthusiasm | 感谢你的热情 |
[39:23] | And the face, | 还有平易近人的面庞 |
[39:25] | But I’m afraid it just won’t work out. | 但我爱莫能助 |
[39:27] | I wish you the best of luck. | 祝你好运 |
[39:29] | Yes. | 明白了 |
[39:33] | Right. | 好的 |
[39:39] | No, wrong. | 不 不对 |
[39:41] | Miss Mayer, please, I’m so busy. | Mayer小姐 拜托 我很忙 |
[39:44] | Look, I know I said that M.J. was a star student, | 我说过M.J.是个好学生 |
[39:47] | But the truth is, | 然而事实是 |
[39:49] | He’s one of those kids that needs extra attention. | 他是个需要特殊关心照顾的学生 |
[39:52] | The classes at his school are way too big, | 他原来所在学校 班级人数太多 |
[39:55] | And I see him getting lost in the shuffle. | 我眼见他在混乱中迷失方向 |
[39:58] | And if he gets lost now… | 如果他现在就迷失方向… |
[40:02] | My ex-husband is doing everything that he can, | 我的前夫正为此尽全力 |
[40:05] | And I need to know that I am, too. | 我也想尽我的一份力 |
[40:10] | I will serve lunches. | 我可以做午餐服务员 |
[40:12] | I will be a janitor. | 可以做门卫 |
[40:15] | Anything. | 做什么都行 |
[40:18] | But I am not walking out on my son’s future. | 我不会离开 绝不会弃儿子前途于不顾 |
[40:25] | Well, one of our art teachers does need an assistant, | 哦 一位美术老师需要助手 |
[40:29] | But you’re completely overqualified. | 可惜对你来说 是大材小用了 |
[40:32] | I’ll take it. | 我接受 |
[40:38] | Congratulations on your new job. | 祝贺你的新工作 |
[40:40] | Congratulations. | 祝贺 |
[40:42] | On getting me out of your office. | 你让我自信地离开这里 |
[40:49] | What’s that? | 这是什么? |
[40:51] | A check for the damage to your car. | 支票 补偿撞坏了你的车 |
[40:53] | I can’t afford to go through my insurance company. | 交给保险公司处理 会很麻烦 |
[40:56] | Oh, Lynette, don’t be silly. It’s just the bumper. | Lynette 别傻了 只是擦了下保险杠 |
[40:58] | You don’t need to do that. | 这就不必了 |
[41:02] | Yes, I do. | 我一定要给 |
[41:03] | And the minute we’re back on our feet, | 当我的饭店可以自食其力了 |
[41:06] | I am gonna pay back your investment… | 我会归还你的投资… |
[41:08] | Every penny, | 一分钱也不会少你 |
[41:10] | With interest. | 利息也会给你 |
[41:13] | Lynette, stop. Wait. Please. Don’t be this way. | Lynette 等等 请你别这样 |
[41:16] | I don’t want money to get in the way of our friendship. | 我不希望金钱阻隔我们的友情 |
[41:19] | Yeah… | 可是… |
[41:21] | I think it’s a little late for that. | 这已经有点晚了 |
[41:36] | There’s a lot you can do with money in the suburbs. | 在市郊 钱有很多用处 |
[41:41] | You can pay for a night on the town. | 可以去城里过个愉快夜晚 |
[41:48] | You can provide a private school education. | 可以送孩子去私立学校上学 |
[41:56] | You can purchase a token of affection. | 可以买个爱情信物 |
[42:03] | But the one thing you must never do with money | 但是千万别把钱 |
[42:07] | Is use it as a weapon, | 当作武器 |
[42:09] | Because someone… | 因为如果这样… |
[42:13] | Always gets hurt. | 总会伤到人的心的 |