时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Desperate Housewives… | 绝望主妇前景提要… |
[00:03] | – Do you do weddings? – Oh, my goodness. Are you two… | – 你准备婚礼吗? – 噢 天啊 你们两个… |
[00:05] | Yes. Yes, we’re getting married. | 是的 是啊 我们准备结婚了 |
[00:08] | Oh, my God! Wow. Congratulations. | 噢 上帝! 哇 祝贺你们 |
[00:10] | – Those in love made the next step… or tried to. – I need more from you. | – 坠入爱河的人们进入了新的阶段… 或是试图努力 – 我想要更多 |
[00:14] | – Gaby, I can see them. – That’s wonderful! Oh! | – Gaby 我能看见他们了 – 太好了! 哇! |
[00:16] | Eyes were opened in more ways than one… – The key is this doctor guy. | – 眼睛无处不在… – 关键是那医生的 |
[00:19] | Maybe we should just bite the bullet and go to Boston. | 也许我们应该直接就去波士顿 |
[00:23] | – You break up my family. You burnown my business. – I didn’t burn down your club. | – 你毁了我的家庭 毁了我的事业 – 我可没烧你的俱乐部 |
[00:27] | And a threat was made. | 有人正受到威胁 |
[00:29] | Someday, you’ll be walking home from school, | 总有一天 当你放学回家 |
[00:31] | and you’ll just disappear. Poof! | 你就会消失的 噗! |
[00:38] | There are important events | 每个家庭里 |
[00:40] | in the history of every family… | 都有一些重要的事件发生… |
[00:43] | Joyous births… | 幸福的出生… |
[00:47] | Tragic deaths… | 早逝的悲剧… |
[00:50] | Sublime weddings. | 幸福的婚礼 |
[00:53] | But the one event every family dreads | 但每个家庭都会担心的事情 |
[00:57] | is the moment when they finally meet… | 是他们终于见到亲家的时刻… |
[00:59] | the in-laws. | |
[01:01] | Mom, this is Alex’s Mom Melina Cominis. | 妈妈 这是Alex的妈妈 Melina Cominis |
[01:05] | It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[01:07] | Likewise, and thanks again for letting me stay here. | 我也再次感谢你让我待在这里 |
[01:09] | I just can’t afford a motel right now. | 正好我现在住不起汽车旅馆 |
[01:12] | oh, Alex mentioned that you were laid off from your job. | 噢 Alex提过你暂时被解雇了 |
[01:14] | – I’m so sorry. – Oh, that’s okay. | – 真遗憾 – 噢 没关系 |
[01:17] | You know what they say… in a bad economy, | 大家都说… 经济萧条时 |
[01:19] | – The mature cocktail waitress is the first to go. – Really? They say that? | – 中年妇女服务生是第一个被解雇的 – 是吗? 他们这样说? |
[01:23] | Mom, we’re gonna go get your luggage. | 妈 我们去拿你的行李 |
[01:25] | That way, you two can get acquainted. | 这样 你们可以相互了解下 |
[01:28] | Thank you again | 再次感谢你 |
[01:29] | For making the long drive down from Oakdale. | 不辞辛劳从Oakdale远道而来 |
[01:32] | It’s high time our families got together. | 我们两家能聚在一起真让人开心 |
[01:36] | Absolutely. | 那是当然 |
[01:38] | Now speaking of family get-togethers, | 说到家庭聚会 |
[01:40] | That reminds me… I call christmas. | 这提醒了我… 我要求圣诞节 |
[01:43] | What? | 什么? |
[01:44] | Now that the boys are getting hitched, | 现在两个孩子在一起了 |
[01:46] | we’re gonna have to split the holidays, so… | 逢节日时我们不得不分开过 所以… |
[01:49] | – I call christmas. – Wait, wait, wait. | – 我要求圣诞节 – 等等 等等 |
[01:51] | – This is not how we decide family get-togethers. – What’s the problem? | – 我们不能这么决定家庭聚会 – 有什么问题吗? |
[01:54] | I’m letting you have thanksgiving. | 我让你们一起过了感恩节 |
[01:57] | I’m a caterer. I oversee events on thanksgiving. | 我是个宴会负责人 感恩节的时候我要工作 |
[01:59] | It’s the one holiday that I don’t need. | 我过不了这个节 |
[02:01] | Great. I call thanksgiving. | 好吧 那我要感恩节 |
[02:03] | Stop that! You can’t call all the major holidays. | 那样不行! 你不能要求所有重要的节日 |
[02:06] | No one’s called Easter yet. Going once… | 还没人要复活节呢 第一次… |
[02:08] | I am not bidding on time with my son. | 我不是在争取时间和我儿子在一起 |
[02:10] | – Going twice… – Melina, this is childish! | – 第两次… – Melina 太幼稚了! |
[02:13] | Ooh! Ooh! My hand’s going up. | 哦! 哦! 我准备举手了 |
[02:15] | Fine! I call Easter. | 那好! 我要复活节 |
[02:17] | That wasn’t so hard, was it? | 这也不是很难吧? |
[02:19] | Look, I know it’s very difficult | 听着 我知道两个家庭 |
[02:22] | for two families to negotiate the holidays, | 要商量过节很难 |
[02:24] | but I feel strongly | 但我强烈认为 |
[02:26] | that this is not the best way to handle it, | 这绝非是最好的处理方法 |
[02:29] | – and I’m sure that the boys would agree with me. – Hey… | – 而且我也相信他们两个也会同意我 – 嘿… |
[02:32] | I called christmas fair and square, | 我反正要圣诞节 |
[02:35] | and I wanna spend it with my son. | 我只是想和我儿子在一起 |
[02:37] | So if you go to the boys and try to screw me over, | 所以要是你去找他们推翻我的话 |
[02:41] | I’ll remember that for a really long time. | 我会一直记着的 |
[02:44] | Got it? | 懂吗? |
[02:46] | Yes, there are important events in the history of every family. | 是的 每个家庭都有一些重要的事件 |
[02:51] | Meeting the in-laws is one. | 见亲家是一件 |
[02:53] | Look at you two. Have I told you how great you look together? | 看看你们俩 我有没有说过你们在一起真的很配? |
[02:56] | Have I? | 我说过吗? |
[02:58] | The moment you decide to hate them | 你决定开始讨厌他们的时候 |
[03:01] | is another. | 又是另外一件 |
[03:16] | There’s a home for everyone in suburbia, | 在郊区 每个人都有一个家 |
[03:19] | and a realtor eager to find you exactly what you want. | 和地产经纪人满心想知道你到底要什么 |
[03:23] | Whether it’s something warm and cozy… | 无论是温暖惬意的… |
[03:27] | Or something dignified and elegant… | 还是高贵典雅的… |
[03:31] | Or perhaps something affordable with a lane. | 或是可承担的带门廊的房子 |
[03:35] | Whatever your taste, everyone wants a home with a lovely exterior, | 不管你的品味如何 每个人都想要一个外表漂亮的家 |
[03:40] | mostly so the neighbors will never suspect | 基本上 邻居都不会窥视 |
[03:44] | the ugliness going on inside. | 里面的丑陋 |
[03:48] | There you are! | 你在这儿! |
[03:51] | I just got the listing for the Adams house. | 我刚拿下了Adams一家的生意 |
[03:55] | And I think the best way to celebrate | 我想最好的庆祝方法 |
[03:57] | is for my sexy husband to take me out dancing. | 就是和我性感的老公去跳舞 |
[04:00] | Oh, babe. Not tonight. | 噢 宝贝 今晚不行 |
[04:04] | What’s wrong? Are you sick? | 怎么了? 你病了吗? |
[04:06] | No. No, uh… | 不 不 嗯… |
[04:08] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[04:10] | Really? | 是吗? |
[04:12] | ‘Cause you look like hell. | 但你看起来很不好 |
[04:14] | I’m good, Edie. I just, uh… | 我很好 Edie 我只是 嗯… |
[04:16] | Ijust… feel like staying in tonight, that’s all. | 我只是… 今晚想待家里 就这样 |
[04:21] | Ah, you’re doing it again. | 啊 又是这样 |
[04:23] | There is something upsetting you, | 你有些心烦的事 |
[04:25] | and instead of letting me help you, | 却不让我帮你 |
[04:27] | You’re shutting me out. | 你在排斥我 |
[04:29] | I just don’t like to talk about my troubles. | 我只是不喜欢谈论我的麻烦 |
[04:33] | And I don’t like sitting at home doing nothing | 我也不想在我想跳舞的时候 |
[04:35] | when I feel like dancing. | 待在家里无所事事 |
[04:37] | Edie… | |
[04:42] | I am sorry you’re unhappy. | 我很抱歉让你不开心 |
[04:46] | There’s something you should know about me. | 你应该了解我的 |
[04:49] | I don’t stay unhappy for long. | 我不会不开心太久的 |
[04:56] | Hey, it’s Jackson, | 嘿 我是Jackson |
[04:58] | having fun at the old Alma Mater. | 在Alma Mater玩得很开心 |
[05:00] | But we need to talk. | 但我们需要谈谈 |
[05:02] | Only good news, I promise. | 就是好消息 我保证 |
[05:04] | God, I miss you? | 天呐 我真想你? |
[05:06] | We moved here to get away from that. | 我搬家就是为了远离那些 |
[05:08] | I didn’t. I moved here for you. | 我不是 我是为了你才搬来的 |
[05:11] | I’ve got a deposition to prep for. | 我还要为证词做准备 |
[05:13] | Well, then I will go clubbing without you, | 好啊 那我就自己去酒吧 |
[05:14] | and I will be wearing my “not coming home alone” jeans. | 然后穿上我那件写着”不单独回家”的牛仔裤 |
[05:17] | By “wearing”, you mean “squeezing into”? | “穿着” 你是说”挤入”? |
[05:20] | Damn you! | 你他妈的! |
[05:32] | Aah! | 哈! |
[05:34] | Miss anything? Need a juicy recap? | 错过什么了? 需要回顾下么? |
[05:36] | – No. I’m good. – Boy, you just have to stick your nose | – 不 我很好 – 伙计 你简直 |
[05:39] | into other people’s business. | 就是多管闲事 |
[05:41] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[05:43] | If you’re interested, I have dirt on Bree. | 如果你感兴趣 我可以告诉你Bree的小秘密 |
[05:47] | Go on. | 说吧 |
[05:49] | Aha! | 哈! |
[05:50] | You’re no better than I am. | 你比我也好不到哪儿去 |
[05:52] | Nicely played, Mayer. | 演技不错 Mayer |
[05:54] | Thank you. Can I go clubbing with you tonight? | 谢谢 我今晚可以跟着你去夜总会吗? |
[05:57] | Overplayed, Mayer. | 演得过火了 Mayer |
[05:59] | Oh, please! I’m bored. | 哦 求你了! 我无聊死了 |
[06:01] | Mike has MJ, Jackson’s out of town, | Mike有MJ陪伴 Jackson又出城了 |
[06:03] | and you’re gonna need somebody to bitch about Bob to. | 而且你正需要找个人来抱怨一下对Bob的不满 |
[06:06] | You do realize I’m going to a gay club. | 你要清楚 我去的可是同性恋俱乐部 |
[06:09] | Yes, that’s fine. Gays love me. | 是的 没关系 同志们喜欢我呢 |
[06:11] | Name three. | 说三个听听 |
[06:13] | You, Bob, Andrew. | 你 Bob Andrew |
[06:15] | That’s two. | 只有两个 |
[06:16] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[06:18] | All right, all right! | 好吧 好吧! |
[06:20] | Meet at my house at 9:00. | 今晚9点在我家见 |
[06:22] | And you might wanna pile on the makeup. | 或许你可以弄个夸张点的装扮 |
[06:25] | Drag queens get their first drink free. | 男扮女装的男性同性恋者有免费赠饮的 |
[06:30] | Okay, well, let’s try something easier. | 好 这样吧 我们来尝试些简单的 |
[06:32] | After you left Mr. Schilling’s nightclub, | 在你离开Schilling的夜总会后 |
[06:34] | Where did you go first? | 先去了哪里? |
[06:35] | Uh… | 呃… |
[06:38] | I don’t recall. | 我想不起来 |
[06:41] | Did you maybe drive somewhere? | 你有开车去什么地方吗? |
[06:43] | Uh… | 呃… |
[06:46] | Okay, Porter, when the DA, who also has this police report, | Porter 当那些同样有这份警方报告的检察官 |
[06:49] | asks you these questions, | 问你这些问题 |
[06:51] | and you suddenly “don’t recall” anything you said, | 而你却突然”想不起来”你说过的话 |
[06:54] | that’s bad. | 那就糟了 |
[06:55] | Bob, you’ve been going at this for over an hour. | Bob 你已经问了一个多小时了 |
[06:59] | – Why don’t we take a break? – Fine. Porter, go and chill. | – 不如我们休息会儿? – 那好 Porter 去冷静一下吧 |
[07:02] | I need to talk to your parents anyway. | 我也得跟你的父母谈谈 |
[07:09] | Okay, what’s going on here? | 这到底是怎么一回事? |
[07:11] | Nothin’. You know, Porter’s just nervous. | 没事 你瞧 Porter就是有点紧张 |
[07:13] | He was also nervous when I first interviewed him in jail, | 我第一次去监狱询问他的时候他也紧张 |
[07:15] | but he was still able to keep his story straight. | 但他还是能够清楚地说出事情的经过 |
[07:18] | Preston! Where’s my CD player?! | Preston! 我的CD机在哪儿?! |
[07:20] | What? | 什么? |
[07:22] | Parker saw you take it. | Parker看到你拿了 |
[07:24] | Mom, please tell Preston to stop taking my stuff. | 妈妈 叫Preston不要再拿我的东西了 |
[07:27] | Honey, that’s Porter. | 宝贝 他是Porter |
[07:30] | No, it isn’t. | 不 他不是 |
[07:33] | Oh. Right. | 哦 他是 |
[07:36] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:42] | You guys have something you wanna tell me? | 你们俩有事儿想告诉我的吗? |
[07:46] | Gaby, you should’ve come. | Gaby 你真应该来的 |
[07:48] | You missed a beautiful walk in the park. | 你错过了在公园惬意地散步 |
[07:51] | Mommy, look at what we found! A ladybug! | 妈咪 瞧我们找到什么! 一只瓢虫! |
[07:54] | Wow! Neat! | 哇! 真棒! |
[07:56] | Why don’t you guys go wash your hands for lunch? | 宝贝们去洗个手吃午饭吧? |
[07:59] | Oh, look at her teeny black polka dots. | 哦 你看看它背上那些黑色的小圆点 |
[08:01] | There’s so many beautiful things I used to take for granted | 在我失明之前 |
[08:04] | before I lost my sight. | 有太多的美丽的事物 我曾以为都是理所当然的 |
[08:06] | Yeah, pretty. | 是啊 很漂亮 |
[08:11] | What? You’re gonna be late for work. | 啊? 你上班要迟到了 |
[08:13] | Yeah, about that… | 对了 关于这个… |
[08:15] | I should’ve told you before… | 我早就应该告诉你的… |
[08:17] | What? | 什么? |
[08:18] | I don’t want to give massages anymore, | 我不想再给人家按摩了 |
[08:21] | So I quit the country club. | 所以我向乡村俱乐部辞职了 |
[08:23] | You quit?! Why? | 你辞职了?! 为什么? |
[08:24] | Okay, I know this is gonna sound bad… | 好吧 我知道你听到后觉得惊讶… |
[08:27] | When I was blind, I never realized that… | 但是我失明的时候 我从来不知道… |
[08:31] | naked people are gross, especially the middle-aged slobs | 人的裸体是这么恶心的 尤其是这家乡村俱乐部的 |
[08:33] | that belong to this country club. | 那些中年大胖子 |
[08:35] | Carlos, you don’t just quit a job | Carlos 那你也用不着辞职 |
[08:37] | – because of a few moles and a little back fat. – But I can find other work. | – 就因为一些老人斑还有背部的那点儿肥肉 – 但是我可以再找一份工作 |
[08:41] | Now that I have my vision back, the world is my oyster. | 现在我恢复视力了 一切都易如反掌 |
[08:45] | In the meantime, | 而且 |
[08:47] | I just wanna spend a few days with my daughters | 我只是想再多陪我的女儿几天 |
[08:50] | And smelling the roses, soaking in nature. | 闻一闻玫瑰的香味 享受一下大自然 |
[08:54] | Like that beautiful spider right there. | 就比如在那边的那只漂亮的蜘蛛 |
[08:57] | God’s perfect design. | 上帝的杰作 |
[08:59] | Isn’t it amazing? | 难道不让人惊叹吗? |
[09:00] | Yeah, it sure is. | 是的 没错 |
[09:05] | I’ll get you the want ads. | 我去给你找些招聘广告 |
[09:12] | – What’s all this? – Oh, Andrew thought it would be nice | – 这是干嘛用的? – 哦 Andrew觉得明天晚上弄个正式的晚宴 |
[09:14] | to have a formal dinner tomorrow night. | 挺不错的 |
[09:16] | Well, if it’s a formal dinner, | 不过 如果是正式的晚宴 |
[09:18] | why aren’t we using your grandmother’s tablecloth? | 为什么我们不用你外婆那张桌布呢? |
[09:20] | For Melina? She’d probably blow her nose on it. | 给Melina用? 她也许会把鼻涕擦在上面 |
[09:22] | No, I will not let that woman defile Nana’s lace. | 不 我不会让那女人弄脏Nana的蕾丝桌布 |
[09:25] | I know Melina isn’t what we hoped for, | 我知道Melina不是我们想像的那样 |
[09:27] | but let’s face it… in-laws rarely are. | 但是让我们面对现实… 这种关系很罕见的 |
[09:29] | Need I remind you of my mother? | 要我跟你提一下我妈吗? |
[09:31] | Well, at least Gloria had the good taste | 嗯 但至少Gloria麻痹性中风 |
[09:33] | to have a paralyzing stroke | 显得比较有品 |
[09:35] | So we don’t have to deal with her. | 所以我们不用去搭理她 |
[09:37] | True. That was a Merry Christmas. | 那也是 就在圣诞节 |
[09:39] | But Melina appears to be in tragically good health, | 但是很不幸地Melina看上去相当健康 |
[09:42] | which means we’ve got | 这就意味着 |
[09:44] | quite a few beer-drenched holidays ahead of us. | 还有好多个满是啤酒味的节日在等着我们 |
[09:46] | You have got to figure out some way to be nice to her. | 但你总得想个办法跟她友好相处 |
[09:49] | I don’t know if I have it in me. She’s such a troglodyte. | 我不知道能不能做到 她就是一个老顽固 |
[09:52] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[09:54] | No one’s better | 没有人 |
[09:55] | at plastering on a fake smile and pretending to like someone | 比Bree Hodge更擅长假笑 |
[09:58] | than Bree Hodge. | 更会假装喜欢某人 |
[10:00] | Mmm. You’re sweet. | 嗯 你真贴心 |
[10:02] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[10:03] | Ah, all right. Get the lace tablecloth. | 啊 好吧 就用蕾丝桌布吧 |
[10:06] | I will pretend to like this woman. | 我会装作喜欢这个女人 |
[10:11] | Just like I pretended to like Nana. | 就像我装作喜欢Nana |
[10:15] | Bob, we’re so sorry. We meant to tell you. We really did. | Bob 我们真的很抱歉 我们想过告诉你的 真的 |
[10:19] | – So where the hell is Porter? – We don’t know. | – 那Porter到底在哪儿? – 我们也不知道 |
[10:22] | That’s why we’ve been trying to get you | 这就是为什么我们想要你 |
[10:25] | – to postpone the hearing date until we could find him. – Oh, we have a much bigger problem than the hearing date. | – 推迟聆讯日 直到我们找到他 – 哦 我们现在碰到一个比聆讯日更棘手的问题 |
[10:28] | – What do you mean? – Well, now that I’m aware of this, | – 你这话是什么意思? – 我现在突然意识到 |
[10:31] | – I have a legal obligation to report it. – What?! No, no, no, you can’t… | – 我有法律义务得把这事上报 – 什么?! 不 你不可以… |
[10:35] | – No! We can’t… – Hey! Now my hands are tied. | – 不! 我们不可以… – 嘿! 我现在无能为力 |
[10:37] | But if the judge finds out that Porter’s gone, | 如果法官发现Porter跑了 |
[10:39] | we have to forfeit the bail. And since my genius wife used our restaurant to post bond, | 我们拿不回保释金了 而我这聪明的老婆用我们的餐馆做抵押 |
[10:43] | Our only source of income will vanish. | 我们唯一的收入来源就没有了 |
[10:46] | I feel for you guys. I really do. | 我很同情你们 真的 |
[10:48] | But I’m not getting disbarred over this. | 但是我会因此被剥夺律师资格的 |
[10:51] | Bob… Please. We’re desperate. | Bob… 求你了 我们没有办法了 |
[10:53] | I’m not meeting with the D.A. for another two days. | 未来两天 我不会跟地方检察官见面 |
[10:56] | If you find Porter by then, I won’t say anything. | 如果在那之前 你们能找到Porter 我就什么也不会说 |
[10:59] | Thank you so much. We are so sorry that we… | 太感谢你了 我们很抱歉我们… |
[11:02] | Just find him. | 找到他就行 |
[11:24] | Yeah, yeah. I’m comin’. | 好 好 我来了 |
[11:27] | Gabrielle Solis? | |
[11:30] | Bradley Scott. Remember? | 我是Bradley Scott 记得么? |
[11:31] | Carlos and I did some business back in his finance days. | 在Carlos从事事业的时候 我曾和他做过生意 |
[11:34] | Oh, right! How are you? | 哦 是的! 你还好吗? |
[11:36] | Good. Maria and I finally got married. | 很好 我最终和Maria结了婚 |
[11:38] | I started my own investment fund. | 开始了自己的基金投资 |
[11:40] | – How about yourself? – Good, good. | – 你呢? – 很好 很好 |
[11:42] | – I don’t know if you heard… Carlos got his sight back. – Oh, my… my God. I had no idea. | – 我不知道你有没有听说… Carlos视力恢复了 – 哦 天… 天哪 我都不知道 |
[11:46] | I know. Life is good. | 我了解 生活总是美好的 |
[11:48] | Now all we have to do is find him a job. | 现在我们需要做的 就是给他找份工作 |
[11:50] | – Well, your timing just might be perfect here. – Why? You need someone? | – 哦 那你算是挑对时间了 – 为什么? 你需要人手么? |
[11:53] | As a matter of fact, I do. Think he’d be interested? | 事实上 是的 你觉得他会有兴趣么? |
[11:56] | I don’t know. I… I can’t speak for Carlos. | 我不知道 我… 我不能替Carlos做主 |
[11:58] | It’s an upper-level position with lots of perks | 这是个上佳的职位 补贴很多 |
[12:00] | and the salary’s in the high six figures. | 而且薪水高达六位数 |
[12:02] | – I’m now speaking for Carlos. He’ll take it. – Great. | – 那我现在替Carlos做主了 他一定会接受 – 太好了 |
[12:05] | I’d kill to have Carlos on my team. That man was a shark. | 我期待Carlos的加盟 他可是个专家啊 |
[12:08] | – Have him call me. – Yeah. | – 让他给我电话 – 好的 |
[12:15] | So long, Sucka. | 再见 小丑 |
[12:22] | Hello. Is Dr. Heller in? | 你好 Heller医生在么? |
[12:25] | I’m sorry. He’s not. Can I help you? | 很抱歉 他不在 我有什么能帮你么? |
[12:27] | Oh. Not really. | 哦 恐怕不行 |
[12:29] | See, we need to talk to him about Dave Williams. | 瞧 我们需要和他谈谈Dave Williams |
[12:31] | Dave Williams? | |
[12:33] | Yeah. Dave is a patient of his. | 是的 Dave是他的一个病人 |
[12:35] | I’m sure you know him… | 我相信你认识他… |
[12:37] | blond hair, blue eyes, creepier than all get-out. | 金发 蓝眼睛 比出去的人都厌恶 |
[12:39] | I’m not in a position to confirm that. | 我没理由确认那个 |
[12:41] | And I don’t think the doctor | 而且我认为 医生也不愿意 |
[12:44] | – would discuss his patients with you either. – Oh, he’ll talk to us. | – 跟你们讨论他的病人 – 哦 他会跟我们谈的 |
[12:46] | – Dave’s been up to some pretty sick stuff… – Yeah. | – Dave在密谋一些非常可怕的事情… – 是的 |
[12:48] | And I’m bettin’ dollars to doughnuts Dr. Heller | 而且我打赌Heller医生 |
[12:50] | – would wanna know all about it. So when does he get here? – I couldn’t say. | – 会想知道这些的 那他什么时候回来? – 我说不准 |
[12:55] | Huh. We’ll wait. | 哈 我们会等的 |
[13:05] | Is that a beer? | 那是啤酒么? |
[13:08] | We’re not in a position to confirm that. | 我没理由确认那个 |
[13:16] | Your new shoes are pretty. | 你的新鞋好漂亮 |
[13:18] | Aren’t they? Daddy bought them for Mommy… | 是吗? 是爸爸买给妈妈的… |
[13:20] | He doesn’t know it yet… | 他还不知道… |
[13:22] | Because he has a wonderful new job. | 因为他有了份很棒的新工作 |
[13:25] | He doesn’t know that yet either. | 那个他也不知道 |
[13:27] | Good news! | 好消息! |
[13:28] | Me, too. Me first. | 我也有 我先说 |
[13:30] | Remember Bradley Scott? | 记得Bradley Scott? |
[13:32] | I ran into him today, and he’s giving you a job. | 我今天遇到他了 他给了你份工作 |
[13:35] | That’s… nice. | 那个… 不错 |
[13:36] | But that’s what I wanted to tell you. | 但那也是我要告诉你的 |
[13:38] | – I just got a job. – Oh, fantastic! | – 我找到工作了 – 哦 太棒了! |
[13:40] | Well, you didn’t sign a contract or anything, did you? | 你没有签合同或其它什么吧 你有么? |
[13:43] | ‘Cause maybe we can get them into a bidding war. | 因为我们可能会因那遭致麻烦 |
[13:46] | Unlikely. It’s at the community center. | 不会的 是在社区活动中心 |
[13:48] | I’m gonna work with the blind. | 我将会和盲人一起工作 |
[13:50] | Oh. Great. | 哦 很好 |
[13:53] | And what’s the signing bonus for that… a cup of pencils? | 那说定的津贴是什么… 一筒铅笔吗? |
[13:56] | I thought you were gonna get a better job. | 我以为你会找份更好的工作 |
[13:59] | What happened to the world being your oyster? | 你的一切变得易如反掌怎么了? |
[14:01] | – It’s meaningful work. – Who cares? Bradley’s offering perks. | – 这是份有意义的工作 – 谁关心呢? Bradley提供有津贴 |
[14:04] | What kind of perks is this blind thing offering? | 给盲人做事能得到什么津贴呢? |
[14:08] | Hmm, let me think… | 嗯 让我想想… |
[14:09] | Making the world a better place, personal fulfillment. | 可以使世界变得更美好 个人满足感 |
[14:12] | Carlos, I’ve spent the last five years working with the blind. | Carlos 我过去已经花了五年与盲人一起工作 |
[14:15] | Trust me, it’s not that fulfilling. | 相信我 并没那么有满足感 |
[14:17] | Look, when I lost my sight, those people were there for me. | 瞧 当我失明的时候 那些人一直在那里陪我 |
[14:20] | Ah, I just wanna give something back. | 啊 我只是想给点回报 |
[14:23] | Not to mention… | 不要提什么… |
[14:25] | Bradley Scott? | |
[14:27] | Kind of an ass. | 就是个混球 |
[14:29] | No way I’m working for that guy. | 决不为那种家伙工作 |
[14:39] | Hi, Bradley, it’s Gaby Solis. | 嗨 Bradley 我是Gaby Solis. |
[14:42] | I just talked to him, and he’s intrigued. | 我刚跟他谈了 他很有兴趣 |
[14:45] | How would you like to come over for dinner | 你是否愿意过来一起共进晚餐 |
[14:48] | and seal the deal? | 顺便敲定此事呢? |
[14:53] | This is so fun! I haven’t been out in ages. | 太有趣了! 我很久没有出来过了 |
[14:56] | Tonight, I am gonna… | 今晚 我将… |
[15:00] | You really haven’t been out in a while. | 你确实有段时间没出来了 |
[15:03] | Oh! Go ahead. What do you want to drink? | 哦! 继续 你要喝什么? |
[15:04] | – Oh, I’ll have what you’re having. – Cirrhosis of the liver, coming right up. | – 哦 你喝什么我就喝什么 – 那很快就会肝硬化的 |
[15:08] | Hey, Jackson. | 嘿 Jackson |
[15:11] | What? | 什么? |
[15:14] | Really? | 真的么? |
[15:21] | Ah! Here you are. | 啊! 你在这儿 |
[15:23] | Yeah, just taking in the scenery. | 嗯 刚刚在欣赏景色 |
[15:26] | You know, we actually have | 你瞧 事实上我们后院 |
[15:28] | some very comfortable patio furniture in the backyard… | 有一些非常舒适的室外家具… |
[15:31] | Along with a place to put your recyclables. | 还有地方可以放你的罐子 |
[15:34] | No, I’m good here. | 不 我在这很好 |
[15:38] | – Hey! – Hi! What have you two been up to? | – 嘿! – 嗨! 你俩刚忙什么呢? |
[15:40] | – Edie was showing us some houses. – I didn’t know know you two were house hunting. | – Edie在给我看房子呢 – 我不知道你们俩居然在找房子 |
[15:45] | – Yes. We’ve got to get out of that apartment. – Did Edie show you the Adams house? | – 是的 我们得从那个公寓搬出来 – Edie给你看Adam一家的房子没? |
[15:48] | – She did, and it’s fantastic. – And if we could figure out a way to move it | – 看了 非常棒 – 如果我们可以找到方法把它搬到 |
[15:51] | next to a toxic waste dump, maybe we could afford it. | 毒废物堆旁 可能我们就供得起了 |
[15:54] | Holy moly, would you look at these prices! | 天哪 看看这些价格! |
[15:56] | You know, for this kind of money, | 你知道么 用这些钱 |
[15:58] | you could come up to my town | 你可以在我们镇上找到 |
[16:00] | and get a 5-bedroom house on the lake. | 一间有五个卧室的临湖住宅 |
[16:04] | I’m sure they could. | 我相信那是可以的 |
[16:06] | It’s too bad your practice is all the way down here. | 真是太糟糕了 你的建议总是不被采纳 |
[16:09] | It is now, | 现在是时候了 |
[16:11] | but it’s not like there aren’t sick people in Oakdale. | 但是不像Oakdale没有生病的人一样 |
[16:15] | Who, undoubtedly, already have doctors, | 那些人 毫无疑问地 都已经有医生了 |
[16:17] | just like your patients in Fairview have you. | 就像美景镇的病人都已经有你了一样 |
[16:22] | Fine. Let them stay in that teeny apartment. | 很好 让他们呆在那个小公寓吧 |
[16:27] | Who cares if the other doctors make fun of you? | 谁会关心 是否有其他的医生取笑你? |
[16:32] | You know, I think we should talk about this. | 我想 我们应该谈谈了 |
[16:35] | You’d really like Oakdale | 你一定会喜欢Oakdale的 |
[16:37] | No traffic, fresh air. | 没有拥挤的交通 空气也新鲜 |
[16:39] | Hey, I’m open. | 哦 我无所谓 |
[16:40] | Maybe we can go up there this weekend and look around. | 我们这个周末可以去那看看 |
[16:45] | What are you doing? | 你想做什么? |
[16:47] | Just helping the boys live the American dream. | 只是帮孩子们实现美国梦而已 |
[16:51] | I’ll tell you what. | 让我告诉你 |
[16:53] | If the guys move up near me, | 如果他们搬去我那边住 |
[16:55] | You can have ’em for Christmas. | 你可以让他们陪你过圣诞 |
[17:04] | I just wish there was some way I could get back at Bob. | 我真希望能报复下Bob |
[17:06] | I’m so sick of his smug attitude. | 我真是受够了他一副自以为是的样子 |
[17:08] | “I’m the provider. I bring home the bacon.” | “是我在赚钱 是我在养家” |
[17:10] | Well, you know what? I contribute, too. | 可要知道 我也做了事的 |
[17:12] | I handle the bills. I clean the house. | 偿付账单的是我 打扫房子的也是我 |
[17:14] | I thought you had a housekeeper. | 我以为你们有管家呢 |
[17:17] | Jeez, you’re an ugly drunk. | 天啊 你喝醉的样子真丑 |
[17:20] | Come on. It’s a joke. | 好啦 开玩笑的 |
[17:22] | What’s with the face? | 为何这副表情? |
[17:24] | I just… | 我只是… |
[17:26] | Jackson called earlier, and, um… | 刚才Jackson打电话过来… |
[17:28] | You know, he went to Riverton to visit his old art professor, | 你知道 他去了Riverton拜访他的老教授 |
[17:32] | and she offered him a job. | 然后她提供了一份工作给他 |
[17:34] | That’s cool. | 那很好啊 |
[17:35] | And he wants me to move there with him. | 他想要我搬去和他一起住 |
[17:39] | Oh. | 噢 |
[17:42] | You gonna go? | 你要去吗? |
[17:43] | Well… | 呃… |
[17:45] | I wanna be with him, so… | 我想和他在一起 所以… |
[17:48] | I think I have to. | 我必须去 |
[17:50] | You’re that serious about this guy? | 你对这个男人是认真的吗? |
[17:52] | Yeah. Sure. | 是的 当然 |
[17:54] | Why not? | 为什么不呢? |
[17:57] | You sure you’re not just waiting for closing time? | 你确定不是因为等到快打烊了才这么做? |
[18:00] | What does that mean? | 什么意思? |
[18:03] | You know, 2:00 a.m., bar’s closing. | 你知道的 凌晨两点 酒吧要打烊了 |
[18:05] | You haven’t found the perfect guy, | 可你还没有找到白马王子 |
[18:07] | so you settle for… something like that. | 所以你就找了那样的将就 |
[18:11] | Oh, crap. Look away. Look away. Look away. | 噢 惨了 看旁边 看旁边 |
[18:13] | Lee, that is not what I’m doing. Is Jackson perfect? No. | Lee 不是那样的 Jackson完美吗? 当然不 |
[18:16] | But I don’t think there is such a thing, | 但我并没有那么想 |
[18:18] | and I have a history of sabotaging relationships. | 我有一段杂乱不堪的感情 |
[18:21] | No, I’m doing this. | 对 我要这么做 |
[18:24] | I’m moving. | 我要朝前看 |
[18:25] | Well, congratulations to you. | 噢 那么祝贺你了 |
[18:28] | Huh. | 哈 |
[18:33] | Uh-oh. Scary guy’s coming over. | 噢 恐怖男朝这里来了 |
[18:35] | I have to throw him off the scent. | 我得装装样子 让他离开 |
[18:37] | – Do you mind if I grab one of your boobs? – Oh! Knock yourself out. | – 不介意我摸你的胸吧? – 噢! 你自便 |
[18:41] | Ooh! | 噢! |
[19:09] | Oh! | 噢! |
[19:17] | Oh! | 噢! |
[19:32] | oh! Jazz! | 噢! 爵士的! |
[19:33] | Oh, my God! | 噢! 老天啊! |
[19:36] | Why didn’t you wake me?! Bob is going to kill me. | 你怎么不叫我起来?! Bob会杀了我的 |
[19:39] | But that was, uh, fun last night. | 不过 呃 昨晚很有趣 |
[19:42] | Different, but fun. | 不太一样 但很有趣 |
[19:45] | – See ya. – Aah! | – 再见了 – 啊! |
[19:51] | Tom, I talked to every kid in his English class, | Tom 我和他班上每个孩子都谈过了 |
[19:54] | the entire debate team. | 整个辩论小组 |
[19:55] | Porter hasn’t contacted any of them. | Porter没和任何人联系过 |
[19:57] | Well, hurry home. We gotta decide what our next move is. | 那么 赶紧回来 我们得想想下一步该怎么走 |
[20:01] | All right. I love you. Bye. | 好的 我爱你 再见 |
[20:14] | Preston, why didn’t you pick up when I called you? | Preston 我打你电话为什么不接? |
[20:17] | – What? – I called you, like, five times. | – 什么? – 我打电话给你 大概 5次 |
[20:19] | – No, you didn’t. – Yeah. | – 不 你没有 – 有 |
[20:22] | See? You’re not even on my call log. | 看? 通话记录上没有你 |
[20:25] | Hey! Hey! | 喂! 喂! |
[20:30] | Hey, dude. Is Mom still there? | 嗨 兄弟 妈妈还在那吗? |
[20:32] | Porter, it’s Mom. Where are you?! | Porter 我是你妈 你在哪?! |
[20:35] | Porter! | |
[20:37] | – You know where he is! – I don’t. He won’t tell me. | – 你知道他在哪! – 我不知道 他不告诉我 |
[20:40] | But you have been talking to him. What the hell, Preston?! | 但你一直和他有联系 到底怎么回事 Preston?! |
[20:43] | – I want my phone back. – Fine. You know what you’re going to do with it? | – 把手机还我 – 可以 你知道你接下来要用它做什么 |
[20:46] | You are going to call your brother | 打电话给你兄弟 |
[20:49] | – and tell him to come home. – He’s not coming home. | – 让他回家 – 他不会回来的 |
[20:51] | – Mr Schilling threatened to kill him. – What? What?! That’s why he ran away? | – Schilling先生说要杀了他 – 什么? 你说什么?! 他是因为这个才逃跑的? |
[20:54] | I thought he was afraid of going to jail. | 我以为他是怕要坐牢 |
[20:58] | Well, I’m sure Warren Schilling was just trying to scare him. | 好了 我肯定Warren Schilling只是想吓吓他 |
[21:01] | It worked! Porter’s terrified! | 他成功了! Porter被吓到了! |
[21:04] | Okay, we’ll get a… we’ll get a restraining order. | 好吧 我们可以去… 我们可以去申请限制令 |
[21:06] | – I don’t think that’s gonna stop this guy. – I can handle Warren Schilling. | – 我可不认为这样就能阻止他 – 我能搞定Warren Schilling |
[21:10] | But if Porter doesn’t show up for court, | 但如果Porter不出庭的话 |
[21:12] | we’re gonna lose our restaurant! – A guy threatens to kill your son, | 我们的餐馆就没了! – 有人恐吓要杀你儿子 |
[21:16] | and that’s what you’re worried about? | 你关心的却是这个? |
[21:19] | No, I’m not gonna let my brother risk his life. | 不 我才不会让我兄弟冒险 |
[21:22] | So you and dad can sell pizza. | 让你和爸爸好去卖披萨 |
[21:25] | How do you sleep with someone and not remember? | 你怎么会和人上了床 却什么都不记得? |
[21:27] | I don’t know. I was drunk. | 我不知道 我喝醉了 |
[21:30] | Okay, let’s skip to the important part… who was it? | 好了 直接跳到关键部分… 他是谁? |
[21:33] | Just a friend. | 只是一个朋友 |
[21:35] | Oh, Gaby, | 噢 Gaby |
[21:37] | Do you think I did this subconsciously | 你觉得我这么做会不会是我潜意识里 |
[21:40] | just to sabotage my relationship with Jackson? | 想搞砸和Jackson之间的关系? |
[21:42] | It was Tom Scavo, wasn’t it? | 是Tom Scavo 对不对? |
[21:44] | Will you stop guessing? | 可以不要再猜了吗? |
[21:46] | Oh, God! Why won’t I just let myself be happy? | 噢 老天! 我为什么不能让自己快乐一点呢? |
[21:49] | Was it Lou? | 那是Lou? |
[21:51] | My mechanic? Are you crazy? | 我的技工? 你疯了? |
[21:53] | Come on. You were with a plumber and a housepainter. | 拜托 你曾和水管工 刷墙工在一起 |
[21:55] | I mean, let’s face it… you like your service providers. | 我是说 面对现实吧 你喜欢你的那些服务工人 |
[21:58] | Susan, you home? | Susan 你在家吗? |
[22:00] | Bob! Um… | Bob! 呃… |
[22:02] | Uh, what are you doing here? | 呃 你有什么事? |
[22:04] | Well… It’s about Lee. | 噢… 和Lee有关 |
[22:07] | He told me he took you out last night. | 他告诉我昨晚他带你出去了 |
[22:09] | Yes. Uh, we had a very nice, uneventful evening. Why? | 是的 呃 我们玩的很愉快 什么事都没发生 怎么了? |
[22:15] | What did he say? | 他说什么了? |
[22:17] | ‘Cause he was pretty drunk, | 他喝多了 |
[22:19] | so he was… probably making stuff up. | 所以… 很可能胡言乱语 |
[22:23] | Well, he didn’t come home. | 噢 他昨晚没回来 |
[22:25] | He claims he spent the night here. | 说是在这里过的夜 |
[22:28] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天 |
[22:30] | – Oh, hi, Gaby. I didn’t know you were here. – Never mind her. She was just leaving. | – 哦嗨 Gaby 我都不知道你在这里耶 – 不打紧 她就要走了 |
[22:35] | No. I think I should stay and clean this up. | 不 我想我会留下来收拾碗筷 |
[22:38] | It’s a… huge mess. | 这里… 乱七八糟的 |
[22:41] | Uh, Bob… | 呃 Bob… |
[22:42] | Uh, Lee did stay here last night. | 呃 Lee昨晚确实在这留宿 |
[22:46] | He slept on the couch… In the guest room. | 他睡沙发… 客厅里 |
[22:49] | – So you have nothing to worry about. – Oh,thank God. I just had this awful feeling | – 所以你没什么好担心的 – 哦 谢天谢地 我只是有这种坏感觉 |
[22:53] | That he spent the night with another man. | 担心他跟别的男人共度一宿 |
[22:59] | Lee wouldn’t do that. He loves you. | Lee不会这么做的 他爱你啊 |
[23:01] | I know he does, | 我知道 |
[23:04] | But he’s got a few drinks in him, | 但他一喝酒 |
[23:06] | He’ll bang anything with a pulse and facial hair. | 就会跟任何长胡须 有心跳的东西鬼混 |
[23:16] | Ow! | 哎哟! |
[23:19] | You still haven’t heard from him? | 还没他的消息? |
[23:22] | For the 17th time… | 跟你说了一百遍了… |
[23:25] | No. | 没有 |
[23:26] | Where does she get off having all that attitude? | 她这是什么态度? |
[23:29] | She’s young and pretty, and we’re not. | 她年轻貌美 而我们不是 |
[23:32] | She’s not that pretty. | 她没那么漂亮啊 |
[23:34] | I can hear every word you’re saying. | 你们说的我全都听得到 |
[23:36] | From all the way over there? Boy, she is young. | 从那里也能听见? 天 她确实年轻啊 |
[23:40] | Look, I’m very tired, so I’m going to break the rules. | 好了 够了 那我就违规一次吧 |
[23:43] | Dr. Heller went on some sort of trip. | Heller医生去度假了 |
[23:45] | He should’ve been back a week ago, | 他应该一个礼拜之前就回来了 |
[23:47] | – And I don’t know where he is. – Why didn’t you tell us that in the first place? | – 我不知道他现在在哪 – 你咋不早说呢? |
[23:51] | Because it’s none of your business! | 因为这不关你们的事! |
[23:56] | Hello? Dr. Heller’s office. | 您好? 这里是Heller医生的办公室 |
[23:58] | Uh, hey. It’s David Dash. Is he in? | 呃 你好 我是David Dash 医生在吗? |
[24:01] | Did you hear that? He should’ve been back by now. | 听到了吧? 他现在应该已经回来了 |
[24:03] | Why isn’t he back? | 为何他不到这里来? |
[24:05] | I’m sorry, Mr. Dash. Dr. Heller’s out of town. | 很抱歉 Dash先生 Heller医生出城了 |
[24:08] | What are you saying? You think Dave has something to do | 你在说什么? 你觉得Heller度假晚归 |
[24:10] | With Heller being late from vacation? | 跟Dave有关? |
[24:12] | Don’t ask me why, but I got a feeling there’s a connection. | 不知道为什么 我就是觉得这里面有关联 |
[24:16] | Well, can I still get a prescription refilled? | 这样啊 我能再拿一个疗程的药吗? |
[24:18] | Sure. | 当然 |
[24:19] | Dr. Lybrand’s on call. | Lybrand医生将为您服务 |
[24:21] | Could you see him tomorrow around 2:00? | 明天2点左右您有时间见他吗? |
[24:24] | Actually, I’ve moved. | 事实上 我搬家了 |
[24:26] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[24:27] | What? | 什么? |
[24:29] | I’m done. | 我不干了 |
[24:30] | Meaning what? | 什么意思? |
[24:32] | I’m sure we can work it out. What’s your new address? | 这个没问题 您的新住址是? |
[24:36] | – What, you’re just gonna abandon me? – I went on this wild goose chase as far as I could. | – 什么 你就这样弃我而去吗? – 我对这件徒劳无功的事已经尽力了 |
[24:40] | Oh, don’t… please don’t go, Roberta. | 哦 别… 别走啊 Roberta |
[24:43] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[24:45] | Then get somebody else. I’m tapped out. | 那去找别人吧 我不干了 |
[24:49] | Roberta, wait! | Roberta 等下! |
[24:53] | “Wisteria Lane.” What a lovely name. | “紫藤街” 多可爱的名字呀 |
[25:02] | Bree, you sure there isn’t anything I can do to help? | Bree 真没什么我能帮上忙的吗? |
[25:05] | I’m just standing here with my thumb up my butt. | 我就这样手插着腰干站着啊 |
[25:08] | Uh, no help needed. | 呃 没什么需要帮的 |
[25:10] | Certainly nothing that would require your thumb. | 真的没什么需要劳您大驾的 |
[25:12] | Hey. Uh, sorry we’re late. We got hung up at the realtors. | 嗨 呃 很抱歉我们迟到了 在房产经纪人那耽搁了一会 |
[25:16] | Actually, you’re right on time. We’re just about to eat. | 不早不晚 正好开饭 |
[25:19] | – Shall we? – Yeah. | – 开饭吧? – 好的 |
[25:21] | Hmm. Excuse… | 嗯 抱歉… |
[25:23] | Excuse me, Melina. That’s my chair. | 抱歉 Melina 这是我的椅子 |
[25:25] | I just wanted to sit next to the boys. | 我想坐在小伙子旁边 |
[25:28] | Oh. | 哦 |
[25:30] | Well, did it occur to you | 呃 你就没想过 |
[25:31] | I might want to sit next to the boys? | 我可能也想坐在小伙子旁边? |
[25:34] | Did it occur to you that I already called it? | 那你又想过我早就打过招呼的? |
[25:37] | She did. She called it. | 是的 她打过招呼 |
[25:41] | Why don’t you sit here, Bree? | 坐这儿吧 Bree? |
[25:44] | Guess who just called the burnt lamb chop? | 猜猜谁将吃到那块烤焦了的羊肉? |
[25:48] | I just wanted to see the look on your faces | 我只是想看看你们脸上的表情 |
[25:51] | When you heard my good news. | 当我告诉你们我的好消息时 |
[25:53] | Really? What is it? | 是吗? 什么好消息? |
[25:55] | Well, I told Dr. Hardy you’re moving to Oakdale. | 嗯 我跟Hardy医生说了 你们将搬去Oakdale住 |
[25:57] | Uh, thinking about it. | 哦 考虑之中 |
[26:00] | They’re thinking about moving to oakdale. | 他们在考虑是否搬去Oakdale住 |
[26:02] | Not after they hear this. | 听到下面这个消息时 他们就不会这么想了 |
[26:04] | Anyway, he’s retiring next month, | 他下个月就要退休了 |
[26:06] | And he thinks you’d be perfect to take over his practice. | 他觉得你们正是接管他诊所的最佳人选 |
[26:10] | Are you serious? Wow, this could be a good opportunity for us. | 你说真的? 哇塞 这可是我们的好机会哦 |
[26:13] | Yes. A good opportunity | 的确 对于Andrew将要花5个小时去上班 |
[26:16] | For Andrew to commute five hours to his job. | 的确是个好机会 |
[26:18] | I don’t know, Alex. This is all happening pretty fast. | 我不知道 Alex 这太突然了 |
[26:21] | But it’s the only way we’re gonna be able to afford a house, | 但只有这样 我们才有钱买房啊 |
[26:24] | – And if we’re gonna have kids… – You’re gonna have kids? | – 况且 如果我们要孩子的话… – 你们要生孩子? |
[26:28] | Oh, this is perfect! I can look after them for you! | 哦 太棒了! 我可以为你们照看孩子! |
[26:31] | Oh! Let’s toast to seal the deal. | 哦! 就这么说定了 干杯 |
[26:34] | Here’s to Oakdale. | 敬Oakdale |
[26:45] | I bought you the Adams house! | 我给你们买了Adams的房子! |
[26:47] | What? | 什么? |
[26:48] | – What?! – What? | – 什么?! – 什么? |
[26:50] | It was going to be a surprise, you know, for your wedding. | 本来是要给你们一个惊喜的 为你们的婚礼 |
[26:54] | Unfortunately, this whole silly Oakdale thing | 都是Oakdale的事情 |
[26:56] | Has forced me to show my hand. | 逼我提前摊牌 |
[26:59] | Mom, that’s too generous. | 妈 你太大方了 |
[27:01] | Yes, that’s, uh… | 的确 真是… |
[27:03] | That’s way too generous. You shouldn’t do that. | 真是太大方了 你这又是何必 |
[27:07] | Oh, it’s nothing you wouldn’t do. | 哦 你是不会这么做的 |
[27:11] | Bree, I don’t know what to say, except… | Bree 我都不知道说什么才好了 只能说… |
[27:14] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[27:17] | I really love you for this. | 太感谢了 我爱你 |
[27:19] | Oh, and I love you, too. | 噢 我也爱你 |
[27:22] | Orson, dear, would you pour Melina another glass of wine? | Orson 亲爱的 再给Melina倒杯酒好吗? |
[27:26] | Calling Edie, are you? | 打电话给Edie吗? |
[27:27] | You know it. | 你知道就行了 |
[27:32] | Hi, honey. You remember Bradley and his wife Maria. | 嗨 亲爱的 记得Bradley和他夫人Maria吧 |
[27:35] | They dropped by for dinner. | 他们来和我们共进晚餐的 |
[27:37] | How fun. | 有趣 |
[27:39] | Can I ask you something about the trash cans? | 我能问你关于垃圾桶的事吗? |
[27:43] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[27:48] | What is that miserable s.o.b. doing here? | 那可恶的家伙来这干什么? |
[27:51] | I already took the job at the community center. | 我已经应征了社区活动中心的工作 |
[27:54] | I know. Just listen to what Bradley has to say, | 我知道 你就听听Bradley有什么要说的嘛 |
[27:57] | And if at the end of the evening you’re still not interested, | 如果待会你还没有兴趣的话 |
[28:00] | I support you completely. Deal? | 我会完全支持你的 好吗? |
[28:03] | If it’ll get you off my back… Deal. | 如果你不再烦我了的话… 好的 |
[28:09] | After I got concessions from the Union, | 自从我得到工会的特许权后 |
[28:11] | I laid off a third of the workforce, | 我裁掉了三分之一的员工 |
[28:13] | Outsourced another third. | 将另外三分之一外包给其他公司 |
[28:15] | A year later, I sold the company for twice what I paid for it. | 一年以后 我以两倍的价钱卖掉了公司 |
[28:19] | – Wow. Impressive. Huh, Carlos? – Very. | – 哇 相当不错么 是吧 Carlos? – 是啊 |
[28:21] | It’ll be a great story to tell all the other CEOs in hell. | 非常不错 九泉之下的CEO们真该好好听听 |
[28:24] | Carlos, be nice. | Carlos 别这样 |
[28:27] | No, it’s fine. Just taking care of my kids. | 没关系 现在我只想好好照顾我的孩子们 |
[28:30] | Yeah. I’ve got a picture of them in my purse. | 是么 我钱包里有张他们的照片 |
[28:33] | Wanna see how many you can name? | 你想试试有几个你能叫出名字的? |
[28:35] | More wine, Maria? | 想再来点酒么 Maria? |
[28:39] | So, Bradley, if Carlos were to come work for you, | 那么Bradley 如果Carlos为你工作 |
[28:42] | What would a typical week look like? | 通常一个星期都有什么安排? |
[28:44] | Oh, lots of high-end deal making, | 噢 他将会完成一些高端的交易 |
[28:46] | Uh, international travel. | 还可能会出国出差 |
[28:48] | Oh, yeah. We travel all over the world together. | 噢 就是 我们一起到世界各地旅行 |
[28:51] | It is so fun sitting alone in a five-star hotel | 在你丈夫在外面穿着长统靴践踏第三世界的时候 |
[28:55] | While your husband is out crushing the third world | 你独自一人呆在五星级酒店 |
[28:58] | Under the heel of his jackboot. | 还真是挺有意思的 |
[29:02] | You hear that, Carlos? Five-star hotels. | 你听见了么Carlos? 五星级酒店啊 |
[29:05] | Listen, Bradley, | 听着 Bradley |
[29:07] | Really appreciate the offer, | 我很感谢你的盛情邀请 |
[29:09] | But I told you… I already have a job. | 但很不巧… 我已经有工作了 |
[29:12] | Why can’t you do your work with the deaf on the weekends? | 你为什么不能改在周末为哑巴工作呢? |
[29:15] | First of all, because they’re blind. | 首先 他们是盲人 |
[29:18] | You tell him. | 他根本什么都不知道 |
[29:20] | Um, honey, Bradley’s right. You could take this job | 亲爱的 Bradley说的没错 你可以去他那工作 |
[29:22] | And do your charity work in your free time. | 然后用你的闲暇时间去做慈善工作 |
[29:25] | No, don’t listen to her. You are a good man, | 不 别听她的 你是个好人 |
[29:27] | And you are going to help people. | 你会去帮助别人 |
[29:29] | And even if you never end up making a penny, | 就算你永远都赚不了大钱 |
[29:31] | You’ll be worth more than this soulless bastard. | 你也比这个没有灵魂的混蛋活得有价值 |
[29:35] | I work very hard to provide for you and the kids, | 我为了你和孩子辛苦工作 |
[29:37] | And I would like a little respect. | 我需要你最起码的尊重 |
[29:39] | Well, you know what I would like? A big divorce. | 好 你知道我需要什么吗? 离婚 |
[29:46] | So… | 那么… |
[29:48] | Is eye care included in the health plan? | 你们的医保包括眼病治疗吗? |
[29:50] | ‘Cause that’s obviously a big issue for Carlos. | 因为这个对Carlos很重要 |
[29:57] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[30:06] | Daddy misses you so much. | 爸爸很想你们 |
[30:10] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很对不起 |
[30:13] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[30:15] | Bye-bye! I miss you two so much. | 再见! 我真的很想你们俩 |
[30:20] | Very soon, honey. | 马上 亲爱的 |
[30:21] | It’s just a little teeny bit longer. | 再过一小段时间 |
[30:24] | Oh, my little girl. | 噢 我的小宝贝 |
[30:26] | You look so beautiful. | 你看起来真漂亮 |
[30:30] | I’ve missed you so much. | 我真的很想你 |
[30:32] | We’re gonna be together soon. I promise you. | 我们马上就可以在一起了 我保证 |
[30:35] | – Just a teeny little bit. It’ll be fine. – Dave? | – 再多给我一点点时间 一切都会好的 – Dave? |
[30:38] | Wow! | 哎哟! |
[30:40] | Aah! | 啊! |
[30:41] | I’m sorrrry. You scared me. | 对不起 你吓到我了 |
[30:45] | Who were you talking to? | 你在和谁说话? |
[30:48] | No one. | 没有人 |
[30:50] | I heard you. | 我都听见了 |
[30:53] | Edie, please, j… | Edie 求求你 别… |
[30:59] | I’m not feeling well. | 我感觉很不好 |
[31:01] | Who the hell were you talking to? | 你刚才到底在和谁说话? |
[31:04] | Leave me alone. | 别缠着我! |
[31:18] | Why did you turn down here? | 你为什么拐到这边? |
[31:29] | I thought we were going to the store. | 我以为我们是要去商店 |
[31:36] | Mom, what is this place? | 妈妈 这是什么地方? |
[31:43] | Before I became a mother, | 在我当母亲之前 |
[31:46] | I didn’t know it was possible | 我不知道我能不能 |
[31:48] | To love another human being so completely, | 毫无保留的爱着另一个人 |
[31:51] | And with that love comes this need to protect you. | 而正是出于这种爱 我需要保护你 |
[31:57] | It wasn’t a decision I made. | 这不是说要我做决定 |
[31:58] | It’s… Primal. | 这只是… 本能的 |
[32:00] | It’s just something in my DNA | 在我基因里的一些东西 |
[32:02] | Whatever it is, | 管它是什么 |
[32:04] | It makes me not care about myself, | 它使得我不再事事以自己为先 |
[32:06] | And it reminds me | 而且它一直提醒我 |
[32:09] | That my reason for being on this planet | 我存在于这个星球上的理由 |
[32:11] | Is to look after you kids. | 就是照顾好你们这些孩子 |
[32:17] | Why are you telling me this? | 为什么你要告诉我这些? |
[32:20] | Yesterday, you said | 昨天 你说 |
[32:22] | Warren Schilling will kill Porter | 如果Warren Schilling有机会的话 |
[32:24] | If he gets the chance. | 他会杀了Porter |
[32:29] | I will never let that happen. | 我决不会让这样的事情发生 |
[32:36] | Mom, where are we? | 妈 我们在哪儿? |
[32:38] | You see that bar? | 看见那个酒吧了吗? |
[32:40] | Warren Schilling goes there every night. | Warren Schilling每天晚上都会去那里 |
[32:43] | All right, come on! | 好的 来吧! |
[32:44] | Tonight, when he leaves… | 今天晚上 在他要离开的时候… |
[32:50] | I’m gonna do what I have to, to make sure my family is safe. | 我会做我需要做的事 来保护我的家人 |
[32:57] | So… | 所以… |
[33:04] | I need you to get out now. | 我要你现在下车 |
[33:08] | You can’t be in the car when this happens. | 事发的时候你不能呆在车里 |
[33:11] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗? |
[33:15] | You’re gonna run him over? | 你打算撞死他? |
[33:19] | Like I said, it’s in my D.N.A. | 正如我刚才所说 这是我基因里的一种本能 |
[33:27] | that could be him. | 那个就可能是他 |
[33:29] | Get out. | 出去 |
[33:33] | Get out! Get out! | 出去! 出去! |
[33:36] | Okay! Stop it! I get it! I’ll call porter and tell him | 行了! 我知道了! 我会打电话给Porter告诉他 |
[33:39] | He doesn’t have to worry about Mr. Schilling. | 他不需要担心Schilling了 |
[33:42] | And you will convince him to come back home. | 而且你会说服他回家 |
[33:55] | Shut the door. | 把门关上吧 |
[34:09] | So… | 那么… |
[34:11] | Remember how you said I just had to hear bradley out, | 还记得你刚才说的 只要我听完Bradley说的话 |
[34:14] | And then whatever I decided, you’d support me? | 无论我做什么决定 你都会支持我 对吗? |
[34:17] | Well, you may be surprised, | 那么 你可能有点惊讶 |
[34:19] | But I am ready to render my decision. | 但我已经准备好告诉你我的答案了 |
[34:23] | Let me lay it out for you… | 让我给你解释下… |
[34:25] | Either I do something fulfilling | 也许我能实现自我价值 |
[34:27] | Where I help other people and feel good about myself, | 在帮助别人同时使自己感到快乐 |
[34:30] | Or I take a job I hate where I make a lot of money, | 又或者 去做我讨厌的但可以挣很多钱的工作 |
[34:33] | But it eats my life and crushes my soul. | 但这样会蚕食我的灵魂 |
[34:36] | Hang on. Before you do that, let me lay it out for you. | 等一等 在这之前 让我来给你解释下 |
[34:40] | Either you let your family continue to sacrifice | 要么让你的家人继续无私奉献 |
[34:43] | So you can feel good about yourself, | 这样你就可以实现自我价值 |
[34:47] | Or you grow up | 要么你成熟点 |
[34:49] | And make real money | 多挣些钱 |
[34:51] | And look after us | 就像这五年来我们照顾你那样 |
[34:53] | Like we’ve been looking after you for the past five years. | 好好照顾我们 |
[34:55] | You know what these jobs are like, Gaby. | 你知道这些是什么样的工作吗 Gaby |
[34:57] | I’d never be home. | 我根本回不了家 |
[34:59] | And when I was, I’d be tired or irritated. | 有时候我可能会很疲惫或很暴躁 |
[35:02] | – It will take a toll on all of us. – It took a toll on us | – 这样会影响到我们所有人 – 我们付不起煤气费 |
[35:05] | When we couldn’t pay the gas bill, carlos. | 同样会影响到我们 Carlos |
[35:07] | It took a toll on us | 如果因为支票不能兑现 |
[35:08] | When Juanita was sent home from day care | Juanita被幼儿园送回来 |
[35:10] | Because the check bounced. | 因为支票被拒了 |
[35:12] | But I handled it, and now it’s your turn to handle it. | 但我都解决了 现在换你了 |
[35:15] | Gaby, please don’t make me do this. | Gaby 不要逼我 |
[35:37] | Bradley? Hey, it’s Carlos. | Bradley? 嘿 是Carlos |
[35:40] | Well, I’ve, uh, done some thinking, | 嗯 我 嗯 想了下 |
[35:44] | and I actually… | 实际上… |
[35:48] | I want that job, | 我想要那份工作 |
[35:51] | if it’s still on the table. | 如果还有机会的话 |
[35:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[35:59] | I was surprised, too. | 我也很吃惊 |
[36:03] | Sounds great. | 听来不错 |
[36:08] | See you Monday. | 星期一见 |
[36:16] | Hey, Susan. I just made tea. Come on in. | 嘿 Susan 我刚泡了茶 进来吧 |
[36:18] | Lee, um… | Lee 嗯… |
[36:22] | Well, there’s just no graceful way to ask this, so… | 嗯 既然没有什么婉转的问法 那… |
[36:25] | I’m just gonna say it straight out. | 我就开门见山吧 |
[36:28] | When you spent the night, | 我们在一起的那晚 |
[36:30] | did we get it on? | 我们有做过么? |
[36:38] | Ye Gods, no. Are you insane? | 哦 天呐 没有 你疯了么? |
[36:40] | Oh! So… nothing happened between us? | 哦! 那… 我们之间什么都没发生? |
[36:43] | Hello? Gay! | 嗨? 同性恋! |
[36:44] | Listening to opera in a kimono. | 穿着和服听歌剧的人 |
[36:46] | What more do you need to know? | 你还想知道些什么? |
[36:48] | Oh, thank God. | 哦 谢天谢地 |
[36:50] | You know, when I woke up next to you yesterday, | 你知道么 当我昨天在你身边醒来的时候 |
[36:53] | – I just didn’t know what to think. – But why would you think that? | – 我脑子一片空白 – 但你为什么会那么想? |
[36:56] | ‘Cause you were mad at Bob, and I told you | 因为你在生Bob的气 然后我告诉你 |
[36:59] | about how I sometimes sabotage my relationships. | 我有时是怎么破坏关系的 |
[37:02] | Ah. Well, you didn’t. | 啊 嗯 你没有 |
[37:03] | Not this time, anyway. | 至少这次没有 |
[37:05] | Yay. | 是么 |
[37:07] | Now I can move in with Jackson with a clear conscience. | 我现在可以问心无愧地和Jackson同居了 |
[37:10] | good. Good. | 好 很好 |
[37:13] | Wait, so I just… I have to ask. | 等等 我只是… 我不得不问问 |
[37:16] | Why exactly are you moving in with Jackson? | 你到底是为什么要和Jackson同居? |
[37:19] | Because… | 因为… |
[37:21] | he loves me. | 他爱我 |
[37:23] | Do you love him? | 你爱他么? |
[37:26] | I’m getting there. | 我在努力 |
[37:28] | Don’t you think maybe you should… | 你不认识你应该再等等… |
[37:31] | wait until you’ve arrived? | 直到你爱上他了再决定? |
[37:34] | Mike and I will never get back together. | 我现在很确定的是 |
[37:37] | I know that now. | 我和Mike不可能复合了 |
[37:39] | And I really need to move on with my life. | 然后我真的很需要继续过日子 |
[37:43] | You know moving on doesn’t have to mean moving in. | 你知道继续过日子不是要同居 |
[37:47] | Jackson has made it pretty clear | Jackson已经说得很明白了 |
[37:49] | that he doesn’t do good with long-distance relationships. | 他对远距离恋爱不在行 |
[37:51] | – I could lose him. – So lose him. | – 我会失去他 – 那就失去啊 |
[37:53] | I’m not good alone. I need a man in my life. | 我不要孤单 我的人生中需要个男人 |
[37:56] | But why? We’re so useless. | 为什么? 我们太没用了 |
[37:58] | But you are fun to dance with. | 但和你跳舞很愉快 |
[38:08] | I think you should tell Jackson you’re not ready. | 我想你该告诉Jackson你还没准备好 |
[38:10] | And if he ends up leaving, | 如果他最后选择离开 |
[38:12] | then, hell, I will dance with you. | 那 妈的 我陪你跳舞 |
[38:15] | At least until someone better comes along. | 一直陪你等到更好的人出现 |
[38:17] | How does that sound? | 听来怎么样? |
[38:21] | If this is your attempt at bedding me again, Miss Mayer, | 如果这是你又想邀我上床的话 Mayer小姐 |
[38:24] | I’m gonna have to ask you to leave. | 我恐怕要请你离开了 |
[38:33] | Come on, man. | 得了吧 |
[38:35] | Mom really wants to talk to you, just for five seconds. | 妈妈真的想和你通话 就5秒钟 |
[38:38] | Do it for me, okay? | 就当为了我 行么? |
[38:42] | Sweetie, where are you? | 亲爱的 你在哪儿? |
[38:44] | – I don’t want to tell you. – Porter… | – 我不想告诉你 – Porter… |
[38:46] | You have got to come home. | 你必须要回家 |
[38:48] | Everything will be fine. I promise. | 都会好的 我保证 |
[38:50] | How? Either Warren Schilling kills me, or I end up in jail. | 怎么可能? 要么Warren Schilling杀了我 要么我进监狱 |
[38:53] | We can get a restraining order to protect you, | 我们可以申请限制令来保护你 |
[38:56] | and Bob thinks there’s a good shot | 而且Bob认为有机会 |
[38:58] | at getting the case dismissed. | 让这案子驳回 |
[39:00] | You know, I’ve been reading the Fairview papers online. | 你知道么 我在网上看了美景镇的报纸 |
[39:02] | – Everybody thinks I did it. – There is not a shred of evidence against you. | – 每个人都认为是我干的 – 没有一丝证据是指向你的 |
[39:06] | When people see that, they will be on your side | 当人们看到后 他们都会站在你这边的 |
[39:09] | Just like we are. | 就像我们一样 |
[39:11] | Sweetie, you have to trust me. | 亲爱的 你要相信我 |
[39:13] | I do trust you. It’s just I… | 我相信你 只是我… |
[39:15] | Don’t fall for it, kiddo. | 不要屈服了 孩子 |
[39:17] | I trusted her once, and look where it got me. | 我就相信过她一次 看看我的处境吧 |
[39:25] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[39:28] | Is it? I didn’t get a lot of sleep. | 是么? 我就没怎么睡 |
[39:33] | Okay, about last night, uh… | 好吧 昨天晚上 嗯… |
[39:35] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[39:36] | Let me stop you right there. | 让我现在打断你 |
[39:38] | I don’t need an apology. I need an explanation. | 我不需要道歉 我要的是解释 |
[39:44] | And… if you can’t give me one… | 然后… 如果你不能的话… |
[39:47] | I’m thinking we’re finished. | 我想我们结束了 |
[39:51] | Look, I’m just stressed out. | 听着 我只是压力太大了 |
[39:55] | Stress doesn’t make you talk to people who aren’t there. | 压力可不会让你和不存在的人说话 |
[39:59] | What is going on? | 到底怎么了? |
[40:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:09] | Before we met, I was married to someone else. | 在我们遇到之前 我和别人结过婚 |
[40:14] | But she died. | 但她死了 |
[40:17] | And last night she was… | 昨天晚上… |
[40:19] | sort of on my mind. | 我想到她了 |
[40:21] | You were married before? | 你以前结过婚? |
[40:25] | She’s dead, Edie. What does it matter? | 她死了 Edie 有什么关系? |
[40:30] | Oh, it matters. | 哦 有关系 |
[40:38] | You have until tonight | 你今晚 |
[40:40] | to get your things together. | 就收拾好你的东西 |
[40:43] | Then I want you out of my house. | 我希望你搬出去 |
[40:52] | Everyone needs a lovely home in suburbia, | 在郊区 每个人都需要一个温暖的家 |
[40:56] | mostly so the neighbors will never suspect | 这样 邻居们才不能窥探到 |
[40:59] | what’s going on inside. | 这屋里发生什么事 |
[41:03] | Behind these freshly painted walls, | 在这些新漆的墙壁后 |
[41:06] | you will find… | 你会发现… |
[41:08] | Parents wracked with guilt… | 背负着罪恶感的父母们… |
[41:14] | Wives tired of struggling… | 厌倦了争吵的妻子们… |
[41:20] | Lovers who have been lied to… | 被欺骗的情人们… |
[41:29] | Yes, everybody needs a lovely home in suburbia… | 是的 在郊区 每个人都需要一个温暖的家… |
[41:38] | If for no other reason than to have a place… | 因为什么理由都比不上… |
[41:43] | to come home to. | 回去那个称之为家的地方 |