时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Danielle had her baby… | 丹妮尔在万圣节 |
[00:05] | …on halloween. | 产下一子 |
[00:06] | You said my father didn’t care about me. | 你说我父亲不在乎我 |
[00:08] | Katherine revealed a secret. | 凯瑟琳透露了一个秘密 |
[00:11] | I want you to imagine the worst thing | 我希望你想象一下 |
[00:13] | That a father can do to his daughter. | 一个父亲能对女儿所做最不堪的事 |
[00:14] | Lynette got great news. | 勒奈特得到一个天大的喜讯 |
[00:16] | I got the test results back. You’re clean. | 我拿到化验结果了 你痊愈了 |
[00:19] | While Mike tried to ease his pain, | 而麦克正努力减轻自己的痛苦 |
[00:22] | Victor… You know what my dream is? | -维克托 -你知道我的梦想是什么吗 |
[00:24] | …reached out to Gaby . You. | 挽留住了加布 – 是你 |
[00:27] | Don’t run away, Gaby . But if you do, take me with you. | 别离开 加布 如果你要走 请带上我 |
[00:31] | And Edie got revenge. | 伊迪报了仇 |
[00:33] | Don’t take it all out on Gaby . | 别把责任都推在加布身上 |
[00:35] | Carlos decided to make a fool out of you. | 是卡洛斯要把你当傻子耍 |
[00:44] | The thing you need to know about Victor Lang | 关于维克托·朗有件事你得知道 |
[00:47] | Is that he was not above using deception. | 那就是他并不吝惜欺骗的手段 |
[00:51] | Whether it was an insincere promise to a campaign donor, | 不管是对竞选资金捐赠方所做的虚假承诺 |
[00:56] | or the artful evasion of a reporter’s question, | 还是对记者提问的巧妙回避 |
[01:00] | or an outright lie to his constituents, | 抑或是把他的支持者玩弄于股掌之上 |
[01:03] | Victor did what he had to to get what he wanted. | 为达目的维克托可以不择手段 |
[01:08] | But thanks to some compromising photos, | 但多亏有了这些偷拍照片 |
[01:11] | He learned that his wife | 让他了解到他的妻子 |
[01:12] | Knew a little something about deception as well. | 同样在欺骗方面也有所造诣 |
[01:26] | For the last time, Carlos , stop calling me. | 说最后一次 卡洛斯 别再打我电话了 |
[01:29] | I told you, I just wanna talk. | 我说了 我只是想和你谈谈 |
[01:31] | And I told you it’s over. So what, | -我也说了 我们结束了 -你怎么 |
[01:32] | You’re just gonna go back to that chicken-lipped albino? – I don’t know. | -你要回到那个鸡嘴唇白化病人的身边? -不知道 |
[01:36] | I’m taking it one day at a time. | 我得慢慢循序渐进 |
[01:38] | But what I can say about Victor is | 但是我敢肯定维克托他 |
[01:39] | He doesn’t lie to me about how much money he’s got. – Look,I said I was sorry. | 不会对我隐瞒他的财产收入 – 我说了我很抱歉 |
[01:45] | Oh, that’s great. Yeah, well, I-I gotta go, Bree. | 很好 我得挂了 布里 |
[01:50] | It’s Bree. | 是布里 |
[01:54] | Okay, so I just informed my staff | 我刚通知了我的员工 |
[01:56] | That I’m taking the next month off | 下个月我休息 |
[01:58] | To give my wife the honeymoon she always wanted. | 带我老婆去度她一直想要的蜜月 |
[02:00] | That’s amazing. Where should we go? – Well,I left some travel magazines in the bedroom. | 太棒了 我们去哪? – 卧室里有一些旅游杂志 |
[02:04] | Why don’t you go get ’em? | 你去把它们拿来好吗 |
[02:20] | Oh, My God, Victor. | 天啊 维克托 |
[02:21] | A month in Rio sounds like heaven, doesn’t it? | 里约热内卢一月游 宛如天堂 不是吗? |
[02:24] | Oh, it does. Let’s do it. Ooh! | 是啊 我们就去那里 |
[02:27] | Hey, why don’t we kick off our reconciliation | 为什么我们不马上就开始和解行动 |
[02:30] | With a little weekend on the boat? | 去小船上度过一个周末假期呢? |
[02:32] | That’s so romantic. I love that. Huh? | 太浪漫了 我喜欢 |
[02:34] | Just you and me, all alone, out in the middle of the ocean. | 只有你和我 二人世界 海上漫游 |
[02:38] | The girls are gonna be so jealous. | 她们会羡慕死的 |
[02:39] | Oh, no, no, no, let’s not tell anyone we’re going. | 不 不 不 我们别告诉其他人这事 |
[02:42] | It’ll be our little secret. | 这是一个小秘密 |
[02:45] | Yes, Victor was not above | 是的 维克托从不吝啬 |
[02:48] | using deception to get what he wanted, | 用他的欺骗技巧去获得他想得到的 |
[02:51] | And what he wanted now | 而此时此刻他想要的就是… |
[02:54] | was revenge. | 是报复 |
[03:08] | The next day on Wisteria Lane began with a bit of deceit. | 紫藤郡次日帷幕的拉开 透着一丝欺骗的气息 |
[03:13] | Bree Hodge told her friends | 布里·豪治告诉她的朋友 |
[03:15] | She had given birth in the middle of the night to a beautiful baby boy. | 她在午夜生下了个漂亮的小男孩 |
[03:21] | And thanks to the healthy lungs of Benjamin Tyson Hodge , | 托本杰明·泰森·豪治健康的肺之福 |
[03:25] | It didn’t take long for Bree ‘s friends | 布里的朋友们没花多长时间 |
[03:28] | to engage in some deceit of their own. | 就忙于编纂自己的谎言 |
[03:31] | Well, he’s just a little piece of heaven. | 他真是个小天使 |
[03:34] | You’re so blessed. Makes me wanna have another one myself. | -你真幸福 -让我都想再生一个了 |
[03:38] | Orson, you better take Benjamin to the other room | 奥森 在我的朋友们谎话说尽前 |
[03:40] | Before my friends run out of lies. Ah. | 你最好把孩子带到另一间屋子去 |
[03:43] | No. | 不 |
[03:44] | They don’t appreciate a healthy pair of lungs, that’s all, huh? | 他们并不懂得欣赏这对健康的肺 是吧 |
[03:48] | Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh. Come on, Benjamin. | 好了好了 本杰明乖 不哭了 |
[03:49] | Hey, Lynette , you tell everyone your news? – No. This is about the baby. | -勒奈特 你把消息告诉大家了吗 -没 现在是宝宝时间 |
[03:53] | Wait. Did you have that final scan? | 等等 你做了最终的扫描检查了? |
[03:55] | Did you hear something? – Well, the results are back, | -有结果了吗 – 嗯,有所好转 |
[03:57] | And while you can never actually say you’re cured– | 不过你永远不能肯定地说”你痊愈了”… |
[03:59] | She’s cured! | 她痊愈了! |
[04:01] | Oh, my god! Oh, yeah! | 天啊 太好了 |
[04:03] | I have to get checked every six months, | 每六个月我得复查一次 |
[04:05] | But, yes, the doctor is very optimistic. | 但 是的 医生表示情况非常乐观 |
[04:08] | Hey, what the hell is all this racket? | 你们在吵什么? |
[04:11] | Someone win the lotto? | 有人中了彩票? |
[04:12] | Oh, I was just telling everybody the good news about my… | 我只是在告诉所有人我的喜讯… |
[04:18] | Cancer. | 关于我癌症的 |
[04:20] | Hey, congrats! | 恭喜你啊 |
[04:23] | I’m a survivor myself. | 我也是名康复者 |
[04:24] | Prostate. | 前列腺癌 |
[04:26] | Ooh, muffins. | 松饼 |
[04:27] | Hey, show some class. Introduce yourself. | 有点礼貌 介绍一下你自己 |
[04:29] | Hi. I’m Stan | 大家好 我是斯坦 |
[04:34] | Is th–is that my robe? | 那是…我的浴袍吗 |
[04:37] | Yeah. Sorry, uh… | 是的 不好意思 |
[04:39] | If I knew when I walked into that card club last night | 如果我早知道我昨晚在那家扑克俱乐部 |
[04:42] | that I would be going home with this lovely lady, | 会跟这位可爱的女士一起回家 |
[04:45] | I’d have packed me a change of clothes. | 我一定会随身携带换洗衣服的 |
[04:50] | Okay, I get it. We’ll get out of your hair. | 我明白了 我们会在你们面前消失的 |
[04:54] | Come on, handsome. Let’s take a shower. | 走吧帅哥 我们去洗澡 |
[05:04] | Mike, how long are you gonna be? | 麦克 你还要多久? |
[05:06] | We’ve gotta get this food over to Bree ‘s before it gets cold. | 我们要赶在食物凉掉之前送去布里家 |
[05:09] | You know, Susan , I don’t feel like going over there tonight. | 苏珊 我今晚不想过去 |
[05:11] | Can’t you just drop it off? – No, they just had a baby. | -能推掉吗 -不行 他们刚生了宝宝 |
[05:15] | We’re gonna “ooh,” we’re gonna “ahh,” and then we’re gonna eat. – But I’m tired. | 我们得表现出高兴 惊讶 然后吃东西 – 但我很累 |
[05:20] | I worked all day. I got a job first thing in the morning. | 我忙了一整天 我从一大早就在工作 |
[05:22] | There’s no way out of it, Mike | 麦克 你躲不掉的 |
[05:24] | Just do what you need and downstairs. | 还是快弄好下来吧 |
[05:27] | This is what we do in the suburbs. | 我们郊区这里就是这样的 |
[05:35] | Ah, yes… | 好吧 |
[05:38] | The suburbs. | 郊区 |
[05:43] | And how does Danielle like her baby brother? | 丹妮尔喜欢她的宝贝弟弟吗 |
[05:46] | Oh, she adores him. | 她喜欢极了 |
[05:48] | She just felt terrible that she had to leave for school so soon. | 她就是觉得非常遗憾 自己这么快就得赶回学校 |
[05:52] | Speaking of which, we have some extra preschool applications | 说到这个 我们有一些多余的幼儿园报名表 |
[05:55] | If the two of you are interested. | 如果你们有兴趣的话 |
[05:57] | Isn’t it a little early to be talking preschool? | 现在就谈幼儿园不会有点早了吗? |
[05:58] | She just got pregnant. Our baby still looks like a sea horse. | 她才刚怀孕 孩子看起来不过海马那样小 |
[06:03] | Oh, honey.You’d be surprised how fast the best schools fill up. | 亲爱的 那些最好的幼儿园满员速度会让你吃惊的 |
[06:05] | And only the best for our kid, right? | 我们的孩子只上最好的 对吧 |
[06:07] | I’d start saving your pennies. | 我想你得开始存钱了 |
[06:08] | Bonny Briar’s up to $10,000 a year. | 野蔷薇幼儿园现在是1万美元一年 |
[06:12] | 10,000 dollars… | 1万美元… |
[06:13] | For used legos and a potty chair? | 就为了那些乐高积木和儿童马桶? |
[06:17] | And you’d better apply now. | 而且你最好现在就申请报名 |
[06:18] | Debbie Gottlieb had her baby the same day I did, | 黛碧·戈特利和我同一天生孩子 |
[06:21] | And she could only get wait-listed | 她头三个中意的幼儿园 |
[06:22] | at her first three choices. | 都只能把她排在等待名单中了 |
[06:25] | Oh, by the way, we were invited to her bris this saturday. | 哦,对了 她邀请我们周六去她宝宝的割礼(新生男婴切割包皮的仪式) |
[06:28] | Well, make an excuse for me. – I thought you liked Debbie and Lou . | – 给我找个借口 – 我以为你喜欢黛碧和卢他们俩呢 |
[06:31] | Oh, I do. | 我是喜欢 |
[06:32] | I just don’t care to watch them ritually mutilate their child. | 我只是不想看他们借仪式来残害他们的孩子 |
[06:36] | More moo shu, please. | 请再给我点木须肉 |
[06:39] | Circumcision’s not mutilation. | 割礼不是残害 |
[06:40] | It’s a simple surgery | 这只是个简单的手术 |
[06:42] | Meant to promote lifelong masculine hygiene. | 旨在维持男性的终生健康 |
[06:44] | It’s a, uh, traumatic procedure | 这是外创性的手术 |
[06:46] | Which reduces the male’s capacity for sexual pleasure | 减弱了男性获得性快感的能力 |
[06:49] | By desensitizing the tip of– | 减低了顶端刺激的敏感度… |
[06:51] | We know what it is. | 我们知道是怎么回事 |
[06:55] | Gee, I don’t think I’ve ever heard | 在这个话题上 |
[06:57] | such strong opinions on the subject. | 我从未听闻过如此强烈的意见 |
[07:01] | I mean, not that it’s something I talk about a lot… | 我是说 这些问题我讨论得不多 |
[07:04] | Or ever. | 或者说从没有 |
[07:06] | I hope I didn’t offend you. | 我希望我没有冒犯你 |
[07:08] | I haven’t heard a word since “$10,000.” | 自从”1万块”那句后我就没听进一个字 |
[07:12] | It’s just that I remember my own circumcision so vividly. | 只是这让我清晰回忆起了自己的割礼仪式 |
[07:18] | Oh, that’s ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[07:20] | My parents disagreed on this issue, too. | 我父母在这事上也有分歧 |
[07:23] | My dad said no. | 我父亲不同意 |
[07:24] | So mother just bided her time | 我母亲就静待时机 |
[07:27] | Until he finally left town on business. | 直到我父亲出差离开家 |
[07:30] | I was 5. | 我当时5岁 |
[07:34] | She told me we were going for ice cream. | 她告诉我说出去吃冰淇淋 |
[07:39] | That’s why the procedure should be done on babies. | 这就是为什么手术要在婴儿时做 |
[07:41] | They won’t remember. | 他们不会记得 |
[07:43] | Now can we please just drop this? | 现在我们能换个话题吗? |
[07:45] | Fine. | 也好 |
[07:50] | So, Susan , | 苏珊 |
[07:52] | You mentioned something about bringing dessert. | 你好象说带了甜点过来 |
[07:54] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[07:57] | Ice cream. | 冰淇淋 |
[08:01] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:07] | Oh, so you found the chocolate sauce? | 你找到巧克力酱了吗 |
[08:10] | Oh, uh, yeah, it’s right here. | 是的 就在这儿 |
[08:12] | Is everything okay? – Oh, yeah. I was just taking a couple of aspirin. | – 你还好吧 – 我只是吃了片阿司匹林 |
[08:16] | I hope Orson ‘s rant didn’t give you a headache. | 希望奥森的过激言辞没有让你头疼 |
[08:18] | Oh, no, I’ve just still got a little pain from my accident, | 没有 只是我那次交通事故的后遗症 |
[08:20] | That’s all. – Still? That was nearly two years ago. | – 没别的 – 还在痛? 差不多有两年了吧 |
[08:23] | Well, it’s just a twinge every now and then. | 只是时不时的会有点痛 |
[08:25] | Aspirin does the trick. | 阿司匹林正好管用 |
[08:43] | No, no, no, no. I’ll get that. | 别 别 我来 |
[08:46] | I thought you kept your boat at the yacht club. | 我以为你把游艇停在俱乐部呢 |
[08:48] | Yeah, I wanted to leave from here. | 可是 我想从这里出发 |
[08:49] | This way, we avoid the congestion at the marina. – Where’s the crew? | – 这样就能避开码头上的拥挤人群 – 船员在什么地方? |
[08:53] | There’s no crew. I let ’em go. | 没有船员 我让他们走了 |
[08:55] | What? | 什么 |
[08:56] | Who’s gonna bring us umbr Ella drinks | 那谁给我们撑伞拿饮料? |
[08:58] | And salute us when we walk by? | 我们走过时 谁向我们致意? |
[09:00] | Just consider me your one-man navy. | 把我当作你的单人海军队吧 |
[09:03] | So you’re gonna drive this thing by yourself? – Well, you can help. | – 你要自己来开船? – 你可以帮我啊 |
[09:06] | Didn’t that captain give you lessons last summer? | 去年夏天那个船长不是教你开船了吗? |
[09:08] | Oh, that’s right– | 是啊 没错 |
[09:09] | Those two boring hours I’ll never get back. | 那无聊透顶的两小时我再也不要了 |
[09:12] | Well, the good news is this trip will be anything but boring. | 好消息是 这次航行绝不会无聊 |
[09:35] | We need to talk about this Stan thing. | 我们得谈谈斯坦的事 |
[09:38] | Oh, is that his name? Stan? | 他是叫…斯坦? |
[09:40] | Uh, when he left, I just sort of said, “see ya.” | 他走的时候 我只说了”拜拜”之类的 |
[09:44] | Well, it got me thinking | 好吧 这让我想到 |
[09:46] | About how much you’ve had to put your life on hold | 这几个月来你对自己的生活有多么 |
[09:49] | these past few months. – No big deal. | – 漠不关心 – 没什么大不了 |
[09:52] | No, it was a big deal. | 不 这很重要 |
[09:54] | You have taken amazing care of me. | 你对我关怀备至 |
[09:56] | But I know you have so many things you wanna get back to. | 但是我知道你希望能重拾一些从前的生活 |
[10:00] | Mm, not really. | 也不是 |
[10:02] | Come on. It must be driving you crazy | 肯定是 你一定快疯了 |
[10:04] | Living with five screaming kids underfoot. | 和五个吵吵闹闹围着你跑的孩子住在一起 |
[10:06] | I don’t blame you for wanting a little peace and quiet. | 你想要安安静静我不会怪你的 |
[10:12] | You need to leave, mom. | 你该离开这里了 妈妈 |
[10:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:15] | Okay, I-I know I shouldn’t have brought…Stan into the house. | 好吧 我…我知道不该把斯坦带到家里来 |
[10:20] | And next time, I promise you we will do it in the car. | 我保证 下次我们会在车里做 |
[10:24] | It’s not just that. | 不仅是这事 |
[10:26] | It’s the smoking and the swearing | 还有吸烟 说脏话的问题 |
[10:28] | And the teaching the kids how to make a whiskey sour. | 还教孩子们调威士忌酸酒 |
[10:31] | It’s a science, Lynette | 那是一门科学 勒奈特 |
[10:33] | It’s called mixology. | 叫做混合酒调制术 |
[10:35] | I just think it would work better for everyone | 我只是觉得 如果你能回自己家的话 |
[10:37] | if you got your own place. | 会对每个人都有好处 |
[10:39] | Okay. With what money? | 好吧 那钱从哪儿来? |
[10:42] | You have money, right? | 你不是有钱的吗 |
[10:43] | I mean, you loaned us that $10,000. | 我的意思是 你还借给我们1万块呢 |
[10:47] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[10:51] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[10:52] | That was all the money you had? | 你一共就那么多钱吗 |
[10:54] | You guys needed it, and I needed a place to stay. | 你们需要钱 我也需要个地方落脚 |
[10:57] | It seemed like it turned out pretty well for everybody. | 看起来对大家都有好处 |
[11:01] | What do you mean? I thought you were living with Lucy. | 这是什么意思? 我以为你一直和露西住 |
[11:03] | Your sister kicked me out. | 你姐姐把我赶出来了 |
[11:06] | Not to put too fine a point on it, Lynette, | 说句不好听的 勒奈特 |
[11:09] | But your cancer couldn’t have come at a better time. | 你的癌症来得真是时候 |
[11:16] | Hey, I need your help with a school thing. | 嘿 我有些学校的作业需要你帮一下忙 |
[11:18] | Wow. You never ask for my help. Must be something easy. | 你从来都不用我帮忙 肯定是什么容易的事儿 |
[11:21] | What do you know about Dylan ‘s dad? | 你对迪兰的爸爸了解多少? |
[11:24] | We’ve got this genealogy project for school, | 我们有一个学校的家谱项目, |
[11:26] | And she wants to find out about him. | 她想知道关于她爸爸的事儿 |
[11:28] | Maybe Dylan should ask her mom. | 也许迪兰该去问她妈妈 |
[11:31] | She gets really weird talking about him. | 她妈妈一说起他就变得很怪 |
[11:33] | Why is that, by the way? | 顺便问一下 为什么会这样? |
[11:37] | Okay, don’t tell anybody I told you this. | 好吧 不要告诉别人是我和你说的 |
[11:39] | Her mom said something at my party | 她妈妈在我的派对上说过 |
[11:41] | about her dad being abusive towards Katherine … | 她爸爸曾经虐待凯瑟琳 |
[11:44] | and maybe Dylan , too. | 可能也包括迪兰 |
[11:45] | Oh. So I’m thinking that it would be better | 所以我觉得你让她去 |
[11:47] | if you could get her to research somebody else in her family. | 研究她家里其他的人会更好一些 |
[11:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:53] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[11:58] | Listen, I-I was talking to my mom, and– | 听着 我跟我妈说了 |
[12:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:03] | I heard. | 我听到了 |
[12:16] | Susan? Hi. It’s, uh, Bree . I’m glad you’re home. | 苏珊 我是布里 太好了 你在家 |
[12:19] | Uh, listen, I-I thought I might stop by for a little visit. | 跟你说 我想我等下会顺便过去一下 |
[12:28] | Look, I’ve only got, uh, about an hour before my next job. | 我大概一小时以后还有工作 |
[12:31] | Uh, is it okay if I grab lunch in front of the TV? | 我可以一边看电视一边吃饭吗? |
[12:33] | I wanted to watch the game. – Oh, sure. I’ll–I’ll bring up a tray. | – 我想看比赛 – 好的 我会把盘子端过去 |
[12:36] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:39] | Bree thinks you’re doing drugs. | 布里觉得你在吸毒 |
[12:42] | She found this on her kitchen floor, | 她在厨房的地板上发现了这个 |
[12:46] | and it’s not aspirin. | 而这个不是阿斯匹林 |
[12:48] | Well, you know, my shoulder’s been hurting lately. | 好吧 我肩膀最近很疼 |
[12:50] | She says it’s a narcotic, and it’s highly addictive. | 她说这是一种麻醉药 而且容易上瘾 |
[12:53] | Given your history– | 根据你过往经历… |
[12:54] | Whoa, whoa, Susan , these–these were prescribed by a doctor | 哇 等等 苏珊 这些药是在车祸后 |
[12:57] | right after my accident. | 医生开给我的 |
[12:59] | I found a couple in the medicine cabinet, | 我在药箱里找到了一些 |
[13:00] | And I’ve been carrying ’em around | 所以随身带了点儿 |
[13:01] | In case my shoulder acts up. – Really? | -以防我肩膀再犯病 – 真的? |
[13:04] | Yeah. Really. They were the last two. | 是的 是真的 是最后两粒了 |
[13:06] | So you got nothing to worry about. | 所以你没必要担心 |
[13:08] | Oh, thank god! You have no idea where my mind went. | 哦 谢天谢地! 你不知道我都想到哪去了 |
[13:13] | I had you roaming back alleys to score your dope, | 我想象着你在小巷里徘徊 为了买毒品 |
[13:16] | Pawning our good silver to pay your dealer. | 把我们精美的银器当了 去向毒贩子买毒品 |
[13:19] | And we don’t even have good silver, | 可其实我们根本就没有精美的银器 |
[13:21] | So it got worse ’cause you had to knock over a gas station | 所以更惨的是你得撞翻一个加油站 |
[13:23] | to buy the silver to pawn it off. | 来买那些银器 然后再去当掉 |
[13:25] | I was really making myself crazy. | 我真的开始发疯了 |
[13:27] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:29] | But I reiterate– old pill, no problem. | 不过我再重申一遍…这些都是原来开的药 没问题 |
[13:32] | I knew it. I’m so happy. | 我知道了 我很高兴 |
[13:34] | Mmm. Good. | 很好 |
[13:37] | Mm, now fix me some lunch, woman. | 现在帮我做午饭吧 老婆 |
[13:38] | Oh! I wanna watch the damn game. | 我要去看比赛了 |
[13:45] | Can I help you? | 需要我帮忙吗? |
[13:46] | Yes, um, can you tell me who I would talk to | 是的 请问要让我的孩子割包皮 |
[13:49] | about having my baby circumcised? | 我应该去问谁呀? |
[13:54] | What do you mean you can’t help me? | 你说无能为力是什么意思? |
[13:57] | I received a registered letter from your husband which reads, | 我收到一封来自您丈夫的挂号信 |
[14:01] | “I do not wish for my son, Benjamin Hodge, | 上面说”我不希望我的孩子本杰明·豪治 |
[14:03] | “to be circumcised. | “做包皮切割手术 |
[14:05] | Should the recipient of this letter encounter my wife…” | “收到这封信的人 如果遇到我的妻子… |
[14:08] | “please feel free to show her this letter | “请直接把这封信给她看 |
[14:10] | “and assure her of its wide distribution | “让她知道此州以及邻近两个州 |
[14:11] | “to hospitals and physicians | “所有的医院和大夫 |
[14:13] | Across this and two neighboring states.” | 都已经收到了这封信” |
[14:17] | Does this seem too warm to you? – That you even felt such a thing was necessary. | 这是不是有点儿太烫了? – 你竟然觉得有必要这样做 |
[14:20] | Well, obviously, it was. Forgive me for knowing my wife. | 显然很必要 我了解我妻子 请原谅 |
[14:25] | What’s that supposed to mean? You don’t trust me? | 这什么意思 你不相信我? |
[14:27] | I trust you not to break your word. | 我相信你不会食言 |
[14:29] | Since you’ve pointedly refused to give it, | 既然你坚决拒绝了, |
[14:31] | I trusted you to snip first and debate the merits later. | 我相信你一定会先斩后奏 |
[14:35] | I’m only thinking of Benjamin . Be reasonable. | 我只是为本杰明着想 讲讲道理吧 |
[14:38] | You’re the one who’s unreasonable. | 你才不讲道理呢 |
[14:40] | What have you got against untrimmed penises? | 你对没动过手术的阴茎有意见? |
[14:42] | They’re… Unsightly. | 它们…不好看 |
[14:46] | I do not want our son to be teased… | 我可不想咱们的儿子因为与众不同 |
[14:49] | For being different. Do you? | 而被其他人取笑 你呢? |
[14:51] | Ah, so in the end, | 那么说到底 |
[14:52] | It all comes down to tradition and conformity. | 一切又回到传统和习俗一致的问题上来了 |
[14:55] | What is wrong with that? I thought we liked conformity. | 那有什么问题? 我以为我们喜欢这种一致性呢 |
[14:58] | Not at the price of pain and reduced sexual pleasure. | 不是以疼痛和减少性快感来作为代价的 |
[15:03] | I can tell you someone whose sexual pleasure | 我可以告诉你是谁的性快感 |
[15:05] | is going to be reduced big-time! | 将会大大地减少 |
[15:10] | Hey, sweetheart. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[15:13] | What’s that? | 干什么呢 |
[15:15] | Just something for school. | 学校的功课 |
[15:20] | What was that name you just typed in? | 你刚输入的那个名字是什么? |
[15:24] | We were assigned a genealogy project. | 我们布置了一个家谱项目 |
[15:27] | I have to do research on my father. | 我得去搜寻父亲的信息 |
[15:31] | I will call your teacher | 我会给你老师打电话 |
[15:32] | She’ll assign you a different project. | 她会布置给你另外一份作业的 |
[15:36] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你知不知道自己在干嘛 |
[15:37] | I am learning about my father. | 我在了解我的爸爸 |
[15:42] | Dylan! – For years, you have told me | -迪兰 – 这么多年来 你一直告诉我 |
[15:44] | That my father is too evil to talk about. | 我父亲太邪恶了 不要谈起他 |
[15:47] | Now I find out you’ve discussed him | 现在我发现你在邻居家的派对上 |
[15:48] | at a neighborhood game night?! | 讨论我父亲?! |
[15:51] | Regardless, I am still your mother, | 无论如何 我还是你妈妈 |
[15:55] | And while you’re under my roof, | 只要你还住在这个家里一天 |
[15:57] | You will obey my rules. | 你就得听我的 |
[15:59] | And what if I don’t? | 如果我不呢? |
[16:01] | Are you gonna slap me again, kick me out of the house? | 你要再扇我一巴掌 把我赶出去? |
[16:04] | Go ahead. Try it. See what happens. | 来吧 试试看 看到底会怎样 |
[16:08] | I’m sorry, mom. | 对不起 妈妈 |
[16:10] | You can’t stop me this time. | 这次你管不了我了 |
[16:14] | I am officially no longer afraid of you. | 我郑重地告诉你 我不再怕你了 |
[16:30] | And he needed something for the pain, so he happened to find | 他需要点止疼的东西 而他碰巧发现 |
[16:33] | The last two pills in the medicine cabinet, | 在医药箱里还有最后两片止疼药 |
[16:35] | And he took ’em. | 于是他就吃了 |
[16:37] | It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了 |
[16:40] | Let me show you something. | 我给你看样东西 |
[16:42] | You see this breadmaker? | 看见这个面包机了吗 |
[16:43] | This is where I hid a bottle of chardonnay | 我在里面藏了一瓶夏敦埃酒(一种类似夏布利酒的无甜味白葡萄酒) |
[16:45] | After I told everyone i’d stopped drinking. | 就在我告诉所有人我戒酒了之后 |
[16:48] | Oh, but this isn’t the same thing. | 但这是两码事 |
[16:50] | Mike wouldn’t lie to me about this. | 麦克不会骗我的 |
[16:55] | And this rotating spice rack? | 看见这个旋转调味盒了吗 |
[16:57] | Those little airplane bottles of vodka | 那些小小的伏特加瓶子 |
[16:59] | Fit perfectly in the back. | 藏在后面刚刚好 |
[17:03] | He said there were no more pills. | 他说那药片已经吃完了 |
[17:05] | I was looking him in the eye. | 我当时注视着他的眼睛 |
[17:07] | Susan, addicts are experts at deception. | 苏珊 瘾君子是最擅长欺骗的 |
[17:11] | My advice to you– | 我的建议是 |
[17:13] | Trust… | 相信可以… |
[17:16] | But verify. | 但也得查证 |
[18:04] | So… This is nice– | 那… 这样很好 |
[18:07] | Little family get-together. | 小小的家庭聚会 |
[18:11] | Why didn’t you call Lucy ? | 怎么不叫露西来? |
[18:13] | Oh, you know her, always busy. | 你知道她 总是很忙 |
[18:17] | So, Mom… You look good. | 妈妈 你看起来不错 |
[18:21] | Thanks. You seeing anybody? | 谢谢 有人在和你约会了吗? |
[18:24] | Not that I wanna tell you about. | 我可不想提这个 |
[18:26] | Mm, still alone. | 还是单身 |
[18:28] | Ooh, look. The special is chicken. | 这里的特色菜是鸡肉 |
[18:32] | Doesn’t that sound good? – Ooh, order me one. | -听上去不错啊 – 给我点一份 |
[18:34] | I-I’m going to the bar and– and check the score on the game. Have fun. | – 我去一趟酒吧 看看比赛的比分 – 玩的开心 |
[18:39] | I know what this is, and I’m not doing it. | 我知道你要干吗 我不会答应的 |
[18:42] | What? What? We’re having lunch. – She’s not moving back in. | – 什么? 什么? 我们是来吃午饭的 – 她不能搬回来 |
[18:45] | I resist your attempts to manipulate me. | 我不会让你来左右我的 |
[18:47] | Nobody is manipulating you. | 没人要左右你 |
[18:49] | My boundaries are strong. | 我的立场很明确 |
[18:50] | I know what I want, and I deserve to be happy. | 我知道我要的是什么 我也应该过得幸福 |
[18:53] | What have you got there? Are you reading from something? | 你在干什么? 你在读什么吗? |
[18:56] | Okay! | 好吧 |
[18:57] | As soon as you invited me to lunch, | 当你邀请我来吃午饭的时候 |
[19:00] | I called my therapist. | 我打电话给我的心理医生 |
[19:01] | And he told me | 他告诉我 |
[19:02] | You’d try to guilt me into taking mom back, but… | 你会想方设法让我内疚 然后把妈妈接回去 但是… |
[19:06] | “I will not be emotionally blackmailed.” | “在情感上 别人勒索不了我” |
[19:08] | Give me that. | 把那个给我 |
[19:10] | I already had her, Lynette . | 我已经照顾过她了 勒奈特 |
[19:12] | She stayed with me for two years– | 她跟我一起住了两年 |
[19:14] | two years in which my weight ballooned. | 两年里我的体重猛增 |
[19:16] | She put me through four different hairstyles. | 她让我换了四次发型 |
[19:18] | Once, she even brought home this guy she met at a bar. | 有一次 她竟然从酒吧带了个男人回来 |
[19:24] | She’s so not like that now. | 她现在不会那样了 |
[19:26] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[19:28] | The day she moved out, I got my life back. | 她搬出去的那天 我找回了我的生活 |
[19:30] | So if you w Ann a have lunch, fine. | 所以如果你想一起吃午餐 可以 |
[19:33] | But that’s it. | 但仅此而已 |
[19:34] | Okay. Okay. | 好 好 |
[19:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:49] | Good for you. | 很好 |
[19:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:01] | Where’s the chicken? | 鸡肉呢? |
[20:02] | Oh, yeah. Where is that waiter? I’m gonna go find him. | 是呀 服务生呢? 我去找他 |
[20:09] | Just hear me out. | 听我说 |
[20:13] | If you trim the sides in a little, | 如果你稍稍修剪一下两边 |
[20:15] | I think you’ll lose that wingy effect you have going now. | 我想你脸上的褶皱就会消失了 |
[20:19] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[20:20] | Well, I’m just saying that with the shape of your face, | 我只是根据你的脸形来说 |
[20:23] | You’re not doing yourself any favors. Do you think | 这发型不合适 |
[20:25] | You could go for one minute without being critical? | 你可不可以哪怕一分钟不这么挑剔呢? |
[20:27] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[20:29] | I have not said one word about your eye shadow yet. | 我还没说你的眼影呢 |
[20:36] | “I reject your negativity. | “我驳回你的否定” |
[20:37] | I am as beautiful as I feel inside.” | “我心底觉得有多美丽 我就有多美丽” |
[20:44] | Oh, it’s you. | 哦 是你呀 |
[20:46] | Thank you for calling about my painting. | 谢谢你通知我让回来拿画 |
[20:48] | I can’t believe I forgot that. | 我不敢相信自己忘了这个 |
[20:49] | Yeah, I know it meant a lot to you. | 是呀 我知道它对你来说很重要 |
[20:56] | There’s a hole in it. | 这儿有个洞 |
[20:57] | Yeah, I don’t get modern art either. | 是啊 我也搞不懂这些现代艺术 |
[21:01] | Okay, Edie … | 好吧 伊迪… |
[21:02] | I know that you’re angry right now, but… | 我知道你现在很生气 不过… |
[21:04] | You think I’m angry? | 你觉得我在生气? |
[21:07] | You should’ve seen Victor. | 你应该瞧瞧维克托的样子 |
[21:10] | What? | 什么 |
[21:11] | Yeah, we had a little chat. | 我们聊了一会 |
[21:13] | Actually, he didn’t believe that you were screwing his wife… | 事实上 他一开始不相信你在搞他的妻子 |
[21:16] | Until I showed him some photos, | 直到我给他看了一些照片 |
[21:19] | And then he was just enraged. | 他被激怒了 |
[21:22] | It was a little scary. | 挺吓人的 |
[21:33] | For god sakes, Carlos | 看在上帝的份上 卡洛斯 |
[21:34] | Am I gonna have to change this number? | 我是不是要换个号码? |
[21:36] | Victor knows. | 维克托知道了 |
[21:37] | Knows what? – Everything. | – 知道什么 – 一切 |
[21:39] | Edie told him we’re having an affair. | 伊迪告诉他我们在偷情 |
[21:41] | No, that’s impossible. He hasn’t said a word. | 不 不可能 他只字未提 |
[21:44] | In fact, i’ve never seen him so sweet and attentive. | 实际上 我从来没看过他这么贴心和专注 |
[21:48] | It’s an act! | 他在演戏 |
[21:50] | Edie said he was enraged. | 伊迪说他被激怒了 |
[21:52] | Well, if he’s so mad at me, | 如果他真生我的气 |
[21:53] | Why would he take me on a boat trip? – He took you on a boat? | – 为什么带我出海渡假呢 – 他带你出海? |
[22:00] | Oh, crap. – I think you need to get out of there. | – 糟了 – 我想你应该离开那 |
[22:03] | Gaby? | 加布 |
[22:08] | I-I was just talking to… Bree. | 我刚才在和…布里通话 |
[22:11] | Oh. Oh, no, no. | 哦 哦 不 不 |
[22:13] | We agreed–total privacy. | 我们说过谁也不告诉的 |
[22:18] | When we head home, you can have it back. | 回家再把手机还你 |
[22:20] | And you can talk to… Bree as much as you like. | 那时你和布里想聊多久都行 |
[22:37] | Can I get you something? | 你要吃点什么? |
[22:40] | No, I’m good. | 不用 我很好 |
[22:45] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[22:47] | Uh, actually, I’m really cold. | 事实上 我很冷 |
[22:50] | Maybe we should bail and do this another day. | 也许我们该回去 改天再出海 |
[22:52] | You know, when it’s warmer. -It’ll warm up. | – 等天暖了再来 – 天就要转暖了 |
[22:56] | Oh, okay, well, just in case, we should run back to shore | 只是以防万一 我们应该回到岸上去 |
[23:00] | So I can grab a jacket. | 我可以拿件夹克 |
[23:02] | Gaby… | 加布… |
[23:04] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你哪也不能去 |
[23:06] | I’m not? | 我不能? |
[23:07] | I know about everything–you, Carlos , the affair, everything. | 我都知道了 你和卡洛斯之间的一切 |
[23:13] | Okay. I am so sorry. | 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[23:16] | But in my defense, | 但我可以解释 |
[23:18] | You were always gone, | 你总不在家 |
[23:20] | And you knew how needy I was when you married me. | 结婚的时候你知道我很需要人陪 |
[23:24] | That’s it? That’s all you have to say to me? | 就这些? 这就是你想说的? |
[23:27] | Well, it’d be easier to talk if we were back on shore. | 回到岸上我们能谈得更清楚些的 |
[23:39] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[23:40] | It’s bad enough you’ve betrayed me. | 你背叛我已经够糟的了 |
[23:44] | Now I have to listen to your whining? | 我现在还要听你发牢骚吗? |
[23:48] | I brought something for you. | 我带了东西给你 |
[23:59] | Gaby! | 加布 |
[24:03] | Gaby! | 加布 |
[24:05] | Gaby! | 加布 |
[24:22] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[24:23] | Everything I know about your father– | 我所知道的关于你父亲的一切 |
[24:26] | Date of birth, his mother’s name, | 他的生日 他母亲的名字 |
[24:29] | Last known address. | 他最近的联系地址 |
[24:31] | It’s everything you need to find him. | 有了这些你就能找到他了 |
[24:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:42] | Before you take this… | 拿走这个之前… |
[24:45] | You have to promise me something. | 你要先答应我几件事 |
[24:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:54] | You cannot bring him here… | 你不能把他带到这来… |
[24:57] | or even tell him where I am. | 或者告诉他我在哪儿 |
[25:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:02] | The last time that I saw your father, | 我最后一次见到你父亲的时候 |
[25:04] | It was to tell him that I was leaving him, | 就是告诉他我要离开他的时候 |
[25:07] | And I was taking you with me. | 而且我要把你带走 |
[25:12] | He, uh, he always liked to slap me around a little bit. | 他一直对我都有些粗暴 |
[25:17] | But that night was… | 但是那晚… |
[25:23] | Unimaginable. | 无法想像 |
[25:25] | I don’t remember everything. | 我不记得所有的事情了 |
[25:26] | I-I was in pretty bad shape by the end of it. | 最后我的状况很糟糕 |
[25:30] | But once he was done slamming my face into the wall, | 他刚刚把我的脸按在墙上后 |
[25:36] | He started choking me, | 他开始掐我脖子 |
[25:39] | And he kept screaming that he was gonna kill me. | 他一直叫喊着他要杀了我 |
[25:44] | And the last thought that I had… | 我最后的念头就是在想… |
[25:52] | was what would happen to you if I died. | 如果我死了你该怎么办 |
[26:00] | So you can’t tell him where I am. | 所以你不能告诉他我在哪 |
[26:04] | You just can’t. | 你不能说 |
[26:14] | Maybe you can talk to my tea Cher Tom orrow… | 也许你明天该跟我的老师谈谈 |
[26:17] | and have her give me another assignment. | 让她给我换个作业吧 |
[26:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:48] | I told you, if you’re gonna have a tree house… | 我跟你们说过 如果你们想有一个树屋 |
[26:50] | You’ve gotta keep it clean. | 你们就要让它保持整洁 |
[26:58] | Here. Take these and dump them by the front door. | 给你 把这些拿着 然后放到门口去 |
[27:01] | Hey, what the hell are you doing?! | 嘿 该死的你们在干吗?! |
[27:07] | Mom, hurry. Get out of the car. | 妈妈 快点 下车 |
[27:13] | No, no, no. You are not leaving those here. | 不 不 不 你们不能把东西放那里 |
[27:16] | Hi, mom. | 好 妈妈 |
[27:18] | Take her away. – Unh-unh, Lynette . | – 把她带走 – 不 勒奈特 |
[27:19] | You may have been able to strong-arm the weak one, | 你也许可以欺负弱小 |
[27:21] | But not me. I’m not weak! | – 但是没办法欺负我 – 我才不是弱小! |
[27:23] | Then why did you call me? Get out of our way. – Lucy,Every fight we have ever had | -那你叫我来干什么 给我让开 – 露西 以前我们每次打架 |
[27:26] | has ended with my foot on your neck. | 最后都是我骑在你脖子上 |
[27:28] | I guarantee that this one’s gonna end the same way, too. | 我相信这次还是同样的结果 |
[27:33] | Maybe we should talk inside. | 也许我们该进屋谈 |
[28:01] | That a child must be circumcised on the eighth day of his life. | 小孩必须要在出生后第8天时做包皮手术 |
[28:05] | Some say that’s how long it takes to get a decent caterer. | 有人说是因为一场好的招待得准备8天 |
[28:17] | What a lovely ceremony. | 仪式很不错啊 |
[28:19] | I’m Deborah’s friend Bree. | 我是黛博拉的朋友布里 |
[28:21] | I have what may strike you as a very odd request. | 我有个可能会让你感到奇怪的请求 |
[28:25] | Trust me, it won’t be one I haven’t heard. | 相信我 没有什么我没听过 |
[28:28] | Do you think, while you’re here, | 你在这里 你能不能 |
[28:30] | Do could do a bris for my baby, too? | 为我的孩子也施一次割礼? |
[28:33] | Okay, new one. | 好吧 的确是第一次听到 |
[28:35] | Good for you. | 恭喜你 |
[28:37] | I know it might seem tacky piggybacking on deborah’s bris, | 我知道在黛博拉的仪式上这也许不合适 |
[28:40] | But… We could do it in the den very quietly. | 但是…我们可以在那安静地办一个 |
[28:44] | Uh, well, as we just saw, | 我们都知道 |
[28:46] | There’s so such thing as a quiet bris. | 根本不存在什么安静的割礼 |
[28:49] | You said your name was Bree ? | 你说你叫布里? |
[28:51] | Yes, Bree Hodge … | 是的 布里·豪治… |
[28:54] | Born Rabinowitz. | 波恩·拉比诺维茨 |
[28:56] | Huh. I wouldn’t have taken you for jewish. | 你不说 我可真不会把你当成个犹太人 |
[28:58] | I should only have a nickel for every time I’ve heard that. | 我已经对此习以为常了 |
[29:02] | Don’t you want a proper bris | 你难道不想要办传统的割礼吗 |
[29:04] | with your friends and family there? I would love that, | – 和你的朋友家人一起? – 我也想呀 |
[29:06] | But my husband Orson — big, stubborn, goy. | 但是我丈夫奥森是个非常固执的异教徒 |
[29:11] | He says we should do nothing | 他说我们什么都不该做 |
[29:13] | And let the child decide when he’s grown. | 等孩子长大后自己决定 |
[29:16] | We don’t pick our parents– we should pick our religion? | 我们没法选择自己的父母 我们总可以选择自己信仰的宗教吧? |
[29:19] | I wouldn’t feel right doing this without speaking to your husband. | 不跟你丈夫商量 我还是觉得不妥当 |
[29:22] | Well, he’s out of town, and… | 他出城去了 而且… |
[29:26] | Our Benjamin is 8 days old today. | 本杰明今天正好8天大了 |
[29:29] | And if I don’t do this, | 如果我不这么做的话 |
[29:31] | My grandma… | 我的祖母… |
[29:34] | Tzeitel… | 赛朵 |
[29:36] | Will never forgive me, may she rest in peace. | 绝不会原谅我的 愿她安息 |
[29:39] | You realize that this is a covenant? | 你应该知道这算是契约吧? |
[29:42] | That whatever your husband says, | 不管你丈夫说什么 |
[29:44] | You are promising | 你保证 |
[29:45] | to raise your child as a devout jew? | 把孩子养育成一个虔诚的犹太教人吗? |
[29:51] | I swear to you before god | 我以上帝之名发誓 |
[29:53] | that this child will be as devout a jew as I am. | 这孩子会成为像我一样虔诚的犹太教人 |
[30:09] | Hey, where have you been? I woke up, and you were gone. | 嘿 你去哪了? 我醒来 发现你不在了 |
[30:13] | Oh, we had a very busy day. | 我们忙了一整天 |
[30:15] | We dropped off the dry cleaning, | 我们去了干洗店 |
[30:16] | We deposited money into our christmas account, | 去给我们圣诞节帐户上存了钱 |
[30:19] | And then we got circumcised. | 然后 我们进行了割礼 |
[30:24] | You did what?! | 你们做了什么? |
[30:26] | It’s just a little unsightly foreskin. He’ll never miss it. | 只是点难看的表皮 他不会怀念的 |
[30:29] | So why stop there? Why–why not cut off his testicles? | 干嘛就打住了呢? 为什么不把他的睾丸也切掉算了? |
[30:31] | You obviously have no problem going after mine. – Orson. | – 显然你不介意背地里干事情 – 奥森 |
[30:35] | Well, what do you call it, Bree ? | 你说这算什么 布里 |
[30:37] | Going behind my back, ignoring my feelings on this? | 背着我做这个 忽视我对这件事的感受? |
[30:40] | I gave them very serious consideration. | 我很认真地思考过了 |
[30:41] | But it’s my blood running in his veins, | 不过在他血管里流的是我的血 |
[30:43] | Which ultimately makes it my decision. | 所以最终由我来决定 |
[30:47] | Your blood? | 你的血? |
[30:51] | So who am I to Benjamin ? | 那我算什么 |
[30:54] | A friendly uncle? A male nanny? | 友好的叔叔? 男保姆? |
[30:56] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[30:57] | Then why do you treat me | 那为什么你对我的方式 |
[30:59] | Like I’m anything less than his father? | 好像我不够当他父亲似的 |
[31:01] | I mean, haven’t I earned that | 我是说 在咱们的伪装计划中 |
[31:02] | during the course of our little hoax? | 我就没有挣得这个资格吗? |
[31:05] | I lied for you. I-I risked public humiliation. | 我为你圆谎 我不惜当众受辱的可能 |
[31:07] | I do everything but strap on the pregnancy harness myself. | 我做了一切 就差亲自戴假肚子了 |
[31:11] | I know that. | 这我都知道 |
[31:14] | I see myself as Benjamin ‘s father. | 我已经把自己当成本杰明的父亲了 |
[31:18] | I need to know if you see me that way, too. | 我得知道 你是不是也这么想的 |
[31:26] | I know how much you love Benjamin. | 我当然知道你有多爱本杰明 |
[31:31] | I guess… | 我想 |
[31:34] | I guess I just have to remember | 我想我得时刻记住 |
[31:35] | that it’s love that makes us a family and not blood. | 是爱成就了我们一家 而不是血缘 |
[31:55] | Your son would like you to hold him. | 你儿子想让你抱抱他 |
[32:08] | By the way, his hebrew name is Simcha. | 对了 他的希伯来语名字叫西姆哈(犹太人) |
[32:12] | I’ll explain later. | 以后再给你解释 |
[32:22] | Oh, Carlos , thank god you’re here. | 卡洛斯 你终于来了 |
[32:25] | Where is he? Where’s Victor ? | 他人呢? 维克托在哪儿 |
[32:27] | Well, I-I clubbed him and knocked him overboard. | 我用浆把他打下船了 |
[32:31] | He’s in the ocean?! | 他在海里? |
[32:32] | He was going to kill me! He had a gun. | 他想杀了我 他有枪 |
[32:34] | Okay, okay, let me think. | 好了 让我想想 |
[32:38] | You saw him in the water. I mean, he’s not dead, right? | 你看见他在水里挣扎 没死 对吗 |
[32:40] | No, he’s mad, but he wasn’t dead. – So then we’ll send someone out there to fish him out. | – 没有 他很生气 但是没死 – 所以我们只要叫人去把他捞起来就行了 |
[32:45] | We’ll call the police, show ’em the gun | 我们报警 把枪拿给他们看 |
[32:47] | And tell that ’em that it was self-defense. | 说这纯粹属于正当防卫 |
[32:48] | You still have the gun? | 枪还在吧 |
[32:56] | It’s in there. | 在包里面 |
[33:03] | Well, maybe he wanted it to muffle the gun. | 可能那是用来消音的 |
[33:08] | There is no gun. | 根本没有什么枪 |
[33:12] | Ice pick? | 冰锥? |
[33:15] | What are you doing? – I’m calling the coast guard. | – 你干什么 – 给海岸警卫队打电话 |
[33:17] | And tell them what, I knocked my husband overboard | 和他们说什么呀 说我把我丈夫撞到海里 |
[33:19] | Because he was coming after me with a sweater? | 因为他拿着一件毛衣来追我? |
[33:22] | No, come on. We gotta go back out there. | 不 快点 我们得离开这 |
[33:26] | Guys, I can’t be any clearer on this. | 伙计们 这事我可弄不明白了 |
[33:28] | I am not taking her back. – It’s your turn, simple as that. | – 我才不要把她接回来 – 很明显 该轮到你了 |
[33:31] | I’ve had her for four months. | 她在我这待了有四个月 |
[33:33] | I also had cancer for four months, | 我患癌症也有四个月了 |
[33:34] | And if I could’ve asked one of them to leave, | 如果从癌症和她中间选择 |
[33:37] | I’m not sure which I would’ve picked. – Oh, four months, boohoo.I had her for a year, | – 我都不知道我会愿意选什么 – 哦 四个月 哭吧 我可跟她住了一年 |
[33:42] | And that was the year she joined the gin of the month club. | 这一年里她还加入了每月一酒俱乐部 |
[33:45] | I don’t have any room for her. | 我这没有她住的地方了 |
[33:46] | I already have seven people in four bedrooms. | 四间卧室已经住了七口人了 |
[33:49] | There it is– the “I have a family” card. – Congratulations.You can reproduce. | -看 又打家庭牌 – 恭喜你 你可以重温家庭的温馨了 |
[33:53] | We’re all thrilled for you. | 我们都为你感到激动 |
[33:55] | Why can’t you take her? | 为什么你不能把她接回去? |
[33:57] | You are in that huge house all by yourself | 你离婚后得到一栋大房子 |
[34:00] | that you got from the divorce. – Dave and I are just separated. | 现在就你一个人住 – 我和戴夫才刚分开 |
[34:02] | There’s a good chance that he’s moving back in, | 我们还有机会重归于好 |
[34:04] | But not if mom is living there. – Well,We can’t just throw her out on the street. | – 但是妈妈在 他就不能回来 – 哦 我们不能把她扔到大街上去 |
[34:09] | I can. | 我赞成 |
[34:12] | My therapist said | 我的医生说 |
[34:13] | It’s time for me to be a little more “lydia-centric.” | 是时候让我多一点个人主义了 |
[34:17] | I really wanna meet this jackass. | 我真想见见这个混蛋 |
[34:20] | Okay, we all have our excuses, | 好吧 我们都有自己的理由 |
[34:23] | But we gotta figure something out. | 但是事情总要解决 |
[34:26] | Come on. She is our mother. | 别这样 她是我们的妈妈 |
[34:28] | Is she? | 她是吗? |
[34:30] | She never acted like one, not that I can remember. | 从我有记忆起 她就从不像个妈 |
[34:33] | I remember she showed up drunk to my graduation, | 我倒记得 她醉醺醺地出席我的毕业典礼 |
[34:35] | Wearing a housecoat. | 还是穿的便服 |
[34:36] | Okay, but the point is, she went. | 不错 但重要的是她去了 |
[34:39] | Remember that one christmas? | 记不记得有次圣诞节 |
[34:40] | And we came down, and there was mom under the tree, | 我们下了楼 发现妈妈在圣诞树下 |
[34:44] | Passed out drunk in the middle of all of our unwrapped toys. | 倒在我们没开封的礼物中间醉得不省人事 |
[34:47] | My Raggedy Ann smelled like peppermint schnapps. | 弄得我的拉格蒂安娃娃一身薄荷松子酒的味道 |
[34:49] | Okay, she wasn’t perfect, clearly. | 她不是完美的 一点不假 |
[34:52] | But she gave birth to us. | 但是她给了我们生命 |
[34:54] | We owe her our lives, and now that she needs us, | 我们从她那获得生命 现在她需要我们了 |
[34:57] | We can’t just turn our back on her. | 我们不能就这么把她拒之门外 |
[35:00] | I know I’m supposed to feel guilty, but I don’t. | 我知道我应该假装内疚 但我根本不内疚 |
[35:03] | I don’t either. | 我也不内疚 |
[35:06] | It’s like you’re saying you don’t care about her. | 听上去你们像是在说你们不在乎她 |
[35:12] | At all? | 一点都不? |
[35:17] | And I don’t under stand that. | 我不知道怎么会这样 |
[35:20] | Well… If you care so much, | 那个… 如果你很在乎 |
[35:22] | Then the answer to the problem is sorta obvious, isn’t it? | 那这个问题的答案就很明显了 不是吗? |
[35:29] | We can help with money. | 我们可以出钱 |
[35:32] | I can send you $100 a month. | 我可以每月寄100美元给你 |
[35:40] | I don’t need your money. | 我不需要你们的钱 |
[35:41] | I can take care of my mother all by myself. | 我自己一个人能照顾好妈妈 |
[35:46] | Lynette… | 勒奈特… |
[35:47] | Here’s how you can help– | 你们能做的是… |
[35:48] | Don’tvisit for the next few years, | 近几年内不要再来我这 |
[35:51] | Cause it seems fairly likely | 因为很有可能 |
[35:53] | I won’t have stopped hating you by then. | 直到那时我还在恨你们 |
[35:59] | I guess that’s her way of asking us to leave. | 我想她是在下逐客令 |
[36:03] | Mom, where’s grandma going? | 妈妈 外婆要去哪里? |
[36:05] | Going? | 走了? |
[36:23] | Wait. | 等等 |
[36:25] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[36:26] | Gaby! | 加布 |
[36:31] | Here. Sit him here. | 来 让他坐这 |
[36:40] | You tried to kill me. | 你想杀了我 |
[36:42] | Well, I came back for you, didn’t I? | 哦 我又回来了 对吧 |
[36:44] | What were you thinking?! – Well, I thought you were trying to kill me. | – 你在想什么?! – 哦 我以为你要杀了我 |
[36:47] | I was just trying to talk to you, | 我只是想和你谈谈, |
[36:50] | See if we still had a chance. | 看我们是否还有机会 |
[36:53] | I see that you’re still screwing this guy. | 我看到的是你还在纠缠那个人 |
[36:56] | And what the hell is he doing on my boat?! | 他来我的船上干什么 |
[36:57] | You mean, besides saving your life? | 你是说 救了你一命都不算? |
[37:00] | That was a big mistake, buddy. | 这是个大错误 伙计 |
[37:03] | Oh, right. | 好吧 |
[37:05] | Yeah, you’re the guy that said | 是啊 你就是那个说过 |
[37:06] | If anyone messed with your woman, | 要是有人搞了你老婆 |
[37:08] | That you’d use your money to make ’em disappear. | 你就用你的钱让他们消失 |
[37:11] | But right now it’s just you and me. | 但现在只有你和我 |
[37:14] | So how tough are you without your A.T.M. Card? | 没了银行卡你还有什么能耐 |
[37:21] | That’s what I figured. | 我料到是这样 |
[37:24] | Aah! Victor! | 维克托 |
[37:26] | Oh, my god! | 上帝啊 |
[37:29] | Victor! Oh! Oh, my god! | 维克托! 哦 哦 我的天! |
[37:32] | Come on. Get up! Hey. Hey. | 快点 起来 |
[37:33] | Get up. I w Ann a see the look on your face | 起来 我想看看刀插进你身体时 |
[37:35] | When the knife goes in. | 你脸上是什么表情 |
[37:43] | Oh, I’m getting pretty good at that. | 哦 我很擅长这个 |
[37:47] | Okay, let’s pull him back in again. | 好了 我们再把他救上来一次 |
[37:49] | What, are you crazy?! – Oh,We’ll just tie him up so he doesn’t cause any trouble. | – 什么 你疯了吗 – 哦 我们把他绑起来好了 这样他就不会惹麻烦了 |
[37:52] | Victor! | 维克托 |
[37:56] | Where’d he go? – Victor! | 他去哪了? – 维克托 |
[37:59] | Victor! Victor! | 维克托 维克托 |
[38:22] | Maybe we should go back out and look some more. | 也许我们应该回去再看看 |
[38:24] | We looked for six hours. He’s gone. | 我们找了6个小时了 他死了 |
[38:29] | Oh, My God. We killed him. | 天啊 我们把他杀了 |
[38:32] | It was self-defense, right? | 那算自卫对吗 |
[38:33] | I mean, he was trying to kill us. We can’t prove that. | – 我是说 他想杀了我们 – 我们没法证明 |
[38:38] | This is bad, Gaby . | 太糟了 加布 |
[38:42] | Oh, when people find out we were on that boat with him, it… | 哦 当人们发现我们跟他在那条船上 就… |
[38:47] | Maybe they won’t. | 也许没人会发现 |
[38:49] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[38:50] | No one but you knows I was with Victor. | 除了你 没人知道我是和维克托在一起 |
[38:54] | I’ll say he went out alone. | 我就说他一个人出去的 |
[38:56] | I told him I was leaving him, | 我告诉他 我要离开他 |
[38:58] | And he was depressed, suicidal,even. | 然后他很沮丧 甚至想自杀 |
[39:00] | Only one problem– | 只有一个问题… |
[39:03] | The boat’s right here. | 船在这里 |
[39:06] | Then maybe the boat needs to go back out… | 那么也许船得自己… |
[39:09] | alone. | 开回去 |
[39:31] | Whatever you’re thinking, I can explain. | 无论你现在怎么想 我可以解释 |
[39:34] | I’m thinking that you’re a drug addict and a liar, | 我认为你是个瘾君子还是个大骗子 |
[39:36] | So say something that’s not that. – Susan, listen– | – 说说你为什么不是 – 苏珊 听着… |
[39:39] | Is it so horrible living with me? | 跟我一起生活这么难受吗 |
[39:41] | I mean, do I make you so miserable | 我的意思是 我是不是让你这么痛苦 |
[39:43] | That you can’t even face me without numbing the pain? | 要是不麻醉自己 你根本无法面对我? |
[39:47] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[39:49] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[39:51] | Well, if you did, you wouldn’t be doing this! | 哦 如果你爱我 你就不会这么做! |
[39:53] | I mean, My God, Mike , we have a baby on the way! | 我的意思是 天啊 麦克 我们的孩子就快出生了 |
[39:59] | Can I say something now? | 我现在能说话吗? |
[40:00] | Sure, go ahead. Oh, should I look you in the eyes? | 当然 说啊 哦 我该看着你的眼睛吗? |
[40:04] | Does it make it easier for you to lie? | 这能让你说谎时更容易点吗 |
[40:07] | I didn’t tell you… | 我没告诉你… |
[40:09] | about the pills ’cause I didn’t want you to feel guilty. | 这些药的事情 是我不想让你内疚 |
[40:12] | Me feel guilty? | 我会内疚? |
[40:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:15] | When I put in that water heater for McCluskey , | 我为麦克卢斯基夫人装热水器的时候 |
[40:18] | I really wrenched my shoulder, | 是真的扭伤了肩膀 |
[40:19] | And the doctor told me I should take a break, but I didn’t | 医生说我应该休息 但我没有 |
[40:22] | Because that was the day we found out you were pregnant. | 因为那天我们知道你怀孕了 |
[40:25] | And from then on, all I have heard about | 而从那以后 我听到的都是 |
[40:27] | Are car seats and strollers and $10,000 preschools. | 婴儿车座 手推童车和1万美元的幼儿园 |
[40:31] | You know, it didn’t seem like | 所以 这听上去并不是 |
[40:32] | a really good time for me to quit working. | 我把工作放下的好时机 |
[40:35] | Mike, we don’t need any of that stuff. | 麦克 我们不需要那些的 |
[40:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:41] | You say that now. | 你现在是这样说 |
[40:44] | But when Benjamin Hodge is in harvard, | 但是当本杰明·豪治上哈佛了 |
[40:46] | And our kid’s just a plumber like his dad… | 而我们的孩子还像他爸一样只是个水管工… |
[40:55] | I just want to be able to give him | 我只是希望能给他 |
[40:57] | The advantages I never got. | 我从未得到过的东西 |
[41:01] | God, the only advantage he needs | 天啊 他唯一需要的 |
[41:03] | Is to have a healthy dad who’s not doing this. | 就是一个不用这些药物的健康父亲 |
[41:09] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[41:13] | I get it. Okay? | 我明白了 好吗 |
[41:17] | I’m done. | 我不会再吃了 |
[41:21] | I w Ann a believe you. It’s just… | 我很想相信你 只是… |
[41:25] | That addicts are good at lying. | 瘾君子都是说谎高手 |
[41:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:31] | All right… | 好吧 |
[41:33] | How about this? | 这样如何 |
[41:49] | You believe me now? | 现在你相信我了? |
[41:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:57] | Deception– | 欺骗… |
[41:59] | You find it in all the best homes. | 存在于每个美满的家庭 |
[42:04] | Parents rely on it when dealing with inquisitive children… | 父母依靠它来应付好奇的孩子… |
[42:13] | Women use it to help keep secrets–big and small. | 女人用它来保守大大小小的秘密 |
[42:21] | Lovers need it | 情人们需要用它 |
[42:23] | to cover up inconvenient accidents. | 来掩盖棘手的意外 |
[42:29] | Why do people resort to deception? | 为什么人们都选择欺骗? |
[42:35] | Because it’s a handy tool | 因为它是唾手可得的工具 |
[42:39] | that helps get us | 能帮我们得到 |
[42:42] | exactly what we’relooking for. | 我们正需要的东西 |