时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Gabrielle tried to rekindle an old affair. | 加布丽尔想旧情复燃 |
[00:05] | Gaby, I’m getting married. | 加布 我要结婚了 |
[00:06] | And I was married when we got together. | 我们搞上的时候我就是已婚的 |
[00:08] | That is not how I’m gonna be married. | 我的婚姻不会是那样 |
[00:11] | Lynette got the support she needed for chemotherapy. | 勒奈特得到了化疗所需的支持 |
[00:14] | Katherine, who liked everything in its place… Ooh! | 凯瑟琳 这个喜欢一切有条有理的人 |
[00:18] | Thought that her husband was forgetting his. | 认为她的丈夫忘记了这一点 |
[00:21] | Oh, I guess you learned nothing from chicago. | 我想你没从芝加哥的那事中吸取教训 |
[00:23] | Bree’s attempt to keep her daughter’s pregnancy a secret… | 布里尽力遮掩女儿怀孕的事实… |
[00:26] | You are keeping my grandchildren from me. | 你不让我见我的孙女 |
[00:28] | Evoked an unexpected response. | 结果事与愿违 |
[00:31] | We’re life partners. | 我们是情侣 |
[00:33] | And Susan tried to connect with the newest neighbors. | 苏珊想和邻居搞好关系 |
[00:36] | Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of cable, so I get it. | 是的 我看过很多节目 所以 我明白了 |
[00:39] | I hope we can live up to your stereotype. | 我希望我们能像你一样做正常人 |
[00:41] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[00:46] | The odd-looking boxes | 奇怪的箱子 |
[00:48] | Were delivered to the home of Bob Hunter and Lee Mcdermott | 在一个周二的清晨 |
[00:51] | early on a tuesday morning. | 被送到鲍勃·亨特和李·麦德莫特家 |
[00:54] | It wasn’t long before workmen had opened them | 不久工匠就拆箱 |
[00:56] | And begun assembling the various parts and pieces. | 组装各种零件 |
[01:01] | Happily, it only took three hours | 让人高兴的是 只用了三个小时 |
[01:04] | To turn the contents into a finished work of art. | 这些零部件就变成了艺术品 |
[01:09] | Sadly, it only took 15 minutes | 让人悲哀的是 只用了十五分钟 |
[01:12] | For the residents of Wisteria Lane … | 柴藤郡的居民… |
[01:15] | What the hell is it? | 这见鬼的东西是什么? |
[01:17] | to become art critics. | 就成为了艺术评价家 |
[01:20] | I think it’s a sculpture. – I think it’s crap. | -我觉得是雕塑 -我觉得是垃圾 |
[01:23] | Of all the gay men in the world, | 世界上这么多男同志 |
[01:25] | We have to get the two without taste. – What are we gonna do about this? | – 偏偏我们这俩就这么没品位 – 我们要对此作点什么? |
[01:29] | I say we keep smiling and look for the hidden cameras. | 我们该保持微笑 以防暗处有照相机 |
[01:31] | I think we’re about to get punk’d. | 我感觉我们会被偷拍 |
[01:33] | I don’t think there’s anything we can do. It’s not our lawn. | 我们无能为力 那不是我们的草坪 |
[01:35] | It’s our neighborhood,and we have rules against this sort of thing, | 这是我们的住处,我们有规定明令禁止此类东西 |
[01:38] | Or at least we did when I used to live here. | 至少我以前住这的时候有这规定 |
[01:40] | Who’s running the homeowners association? | 谁在管理业主协会? |
[01:42] | Well, it was Mary Alice, but as you may have heard… | 以前是玛丽·艾莉丝 但可能你听说了 |
[01:45] | Yes, very tragic. | 是的 一个悲剧 |
[01:47] | So we haven’t had a president in four years? | 那四年来都没小区会长? |
[01:49] | No one would volunteer. It’s a pain-in-the-ass job. | 没人愿意做 这是个吃力不讨好的活 |
[01:51] | I’ll volunteer. | 我来做好了 |
[01:53] | We can hold an election in the next couple of days. | 过几天我们可以搞个选举 |
[01:55] | I can get rid of this tinfoil atrocity by the weekend. | 我要在周末前把这锡箔废品搞定 |
[01:58] | Okay, before we become an ugly mob, | 在我们变成愤怒的暴徒之前 |
[01:59] | Why doesn’t one of us go talk to the guys? | 我们何不派谁去先跟他们谈谈呢 |
[02:01] | But not me. | 但别让我来 |
[02:02] | They hate me. | 他们恨我 |
[02:05] | Bree, you talk to them. You can relate to them. | 布里 你去谈 你能和他们产生共鸣 |
[02:07] | Why would you say that? | 为什么这么说? |
[02:08] | You got a kid who came flying out of the closet | 你有个离家出走过的孩子(儿子出过柜了) |
[02:10] | And a husband who’s been looking for the doorknob. | 还曾经有个不安于室的丈夫(前夫找过妓女) |
[02:15] | What? You’ve met him. | 怎么了? 你们都认识他啊 |
[02:16] | Ooh! They’re coming. | 他们过来了 |
[02:22] | Good morning, ladies. | 早安 女士们 |
[02:23] | Hi. Uh, we were just talking about your sculpture. | 我们刚在讨论你们的雕塑 |
[02:27] | That’s what I love about art– | 这就是我喜欢艺术的原因… |
[02:28] | The way it provokes discussion. Although it would’ve been nice | – 能引起讨论 – 如果能事先商量 |
[02:31] | If you had discussed it with us. What, you don’t– you don’t like it? | -就会更好了 -你们不喜欢? |
[02:36] | Well, we’re not saying that. | 我们不是这个意思 |
[02:37] | It’s just a little, uh… | 它只是有点… |
[02:41] | It’s an eyesore. | 它是个眼中钉 |
[02:42] | Really? Mm-hmm. | 真的吗? 嗯 |
[02:44] | You hear that, Bob ? We flew to Finland | 鲍勃 听见了吗 我们飞到芬兰 |
[02:46] | And paid $24,000 to commission an eyesore. | 花了24000美元买了个眼中钉 |
[02:49] | I don’t mind it. | 我不介意 |
[02:51] | Not to brag, but I went to art school. – Community college. | -并非自夸 但我读艺术系 -社区大学 |
[02:54] | And they taught us that art is subjective. | 老师教导我们 艺术是主观的 |
[02:58] | Thank you, Susan . | 谢谢 苏珊 |
[03:00] | Susan’s need for approval aside, | 先不论苏珊的话是否有待考证 |
[03:02] | This clearly is not appropriate for the street. | 这东西出现在我们街道显然是不合适的 |
[03:05] | Wisteria lane has a… Traditional look. | 柴藤郡有着传统的面貌 |
[03:09] | Well, maybe you’d like it better | 或许我们在上面盖上块条纹棉布 |
[03:09] | If we covered it with a gingham throw. | 你会觉得好点(凯瑟琳身上的布料) |
[03:13] | Ladies, uh, I’m sorry. | 女士们 抱歉 |
[03:16] | We honestly thought that people would like it, | 我们真的以为大家会喜欢它 |
[03:19] | But even if you disapprove, | 但即便你们不喜欢 |
[03:22] | we hope that you will respect our right to decorate as we see fit. | 我们仍希望你们能够尊重 我们装饰房子的权利 |
[03:29] | Have a nice day, philistines. | 祝你们一天愉快 俗人们 |
[03:32] | Yes, art came to Wisteria Lane on a tuesday morning, | 是的 艺术在一个周二的早晨降临紫藤郡 |
[03:36] | And by tuesday afternoon… | 到了下午… |
[03:38] | I think it’s time to reconvene the homeowners’ association. | 看来是时候重启业主委员会了 |
[03:42] | All in favor? | 同意吗 |
[03:44] | Aye. | 同意 |
[03:46] | War had come as well. | 战争也随之而来 |
[03:59] | As word of the sculpture spread, | 自打雕塑的流言传开后 |
[04:01] | Bob and Lee began to wonder | 鲍勃和李就开始怀疑 |
[04:03] | If any of their neighbors would be supportive. | 会不会有哪个邻居会支持他们 |
[04:07] | But when the sculpture’s true function | 但当第二天这件雕塑的真正功能 |
[04:09] | Was unveiled the next day, | 显露出来时 |
[04:12] | Whatever support they did have… | 任何他们曾经拥有的支持 |
[04:18] | Was quickly washed away. | 都化为乌有 |
[04:21] | Come on. | 不是吧 |
[04:23] | It’s 6:00 a.m. What is that? | 这才6点钟 搞什么啊 |
[04:25] | I don’t know, but make it stop. | 不知道 让它停下就好 |
[04:33] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[04:43] | Wow! It’s a fountain, too. | 这还是个喷泉啊 |
[04:46] | We would have mentioned that yesterday, | 昨天我们本想说的 |
[04:48] | But your friends were a little uptight. | 但你的朋友们有点急躁 |
[04:50] | Yeah, they can get like that. | 她们有时候就是那样 |
[04:51] | So do you think that you can just turn it off for a second? | 你们能把它关一下吗 |
[05:01] | What’s up? | 什么事? |
[05:01] | I was just wondering, um, | 我在想 |
[05:04] | Do you think you could move it to your backyard? | 你们能不能把这个挪到你们后院去? |
[05:08] | Why? I thought you liked it. | 为什么 我还以为你喜欢它呢 |
[05:10] | Remember? You said, “art is subjective.” | 记得吗 你说的 “艺术是主观的” |
[05:12] | Yes. Quiet art is subjective | 是啊 无声的艺术是主观的 |
[05:16] | But you see, Mike is working really long hours lately, | 但要知道 麦克最近工作很忙 |
[05:18] | And he can’t s Lee p with all that noise. | 听着这种噪音他睡不着 |
[05:20] | We’re not gonna turn it off because we need it to drown out | 我们不会把它关掉 因为我们要拿它盖过 |
[05:23] | All the stuff we hear coming from your house. – Like what? | -从你家传出来的声音 -比如说? |
[05:26] | Let’s see. You yakking to your mom on the phone. | 比如 你和你妈讲电话 |
[05:29] | You grunting through your pilates DVDs. | 你看着普拉提健身体操DVD打呼噜 |
[05:30] | You in the shower, butchering the score to “Brigadoon.” | 你洗澡时糟蹋”蓬岛仙舞”乐曲 |
[05:33] | I have a lovely voice. | 我嗓音很好 |
[05:34] | Whoever told you that is not your friend. | 这么和你说的人都不是你朋友 |
[05:39] | He’s a little cranky. I think someone needs his french toast. | 他有点神经 该吃法式面包了 |
[05:43] | Come on, Lee . | 走吧 李 |
[05:44] | No, no, no, no. No, no, we’re not done here. | 别 别别 我们还没说完呢 |
[05:46] | As your neighbor, I have a right to be heard… | 作为邻居 我有权把话说完 |
[05:48] | And I say that simple human decency | 作为人类最基本的礼貌 |
[05:50] | Dictates that you turn off that fountain right now! | 你们该马上把那东西关掉 |
[06:00] | Hey, guys, I got your snack. | 嘿 伙计们 伙计们 点心来了 |
[06:03] | What you playing? | 你们在玩什么? |
[06:04] | Action figures. Wanna play, mom? | 玩具兵大战 你要玩吗 妈妈? |
[06:06] | She does awesome alien voices. | 她模仿外星人的声音很像 |
[06:09] | Thanks, sweetheart. | 谢谢夸奖 宝贝 |
[06:17] | Oh, yeah. Hi, Dr. Shiller. | 是呀 你好 席勒医生 |
[06:21] | Okay, that’s my white blood count. | 那是我的白血球指数 |
[06:23] | Uh-huh, but as long as it’s higher than 4.0, | 但只要高于4.0 |
[06:25] | That means I don’t have neutropenia, right? | 就说明我没有嗜中性白血球减少症,对吧? |
[06:28] | Well, that’s great. | 太好了 |
[06:30] | Thanks for calling. | 感谢致电 |
[06:33] | Yeah, you too. Bye. | 你也一样 再见 |
[06:38] | What? | 怎么了? |
[06:39] | You can’t talk about doctors up here. | 在这你不能说与医生有关的 |
[06:42] | Or about being sick. | 或是生病什么的 |
[06:43] | If you do, you have to go. That’s the rule. | 想说这些你就不能待在这 这是规矩 |
[06:49] | That’s a good rule. | 好规矩 |
[06:52] | Although it wasn’t bad news. It was actually– | 但我说的不是坏消息 其实… |
[06:54] | Doesn’t Matt er. We voted. It’s a rule. | 都一样 我们投票决定的 这是规矩 |
[06:58] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[06:59] | Sick talk done, okay? | 不说生病的事了 好吧? |
[07:02] | You guys have fun. | 你们好好玩 |
[07:05] | Freeze power. | 看我的冷冻能力 |
[07:07] | Do over, Parker . That guy doesn’t have freezing power. | 再来一次帕克 那家伙没有冰冻之力 |
[07:09] | If his guy can fly, my guy can freeze. | 他的人要是能飞 我的就能冰冻 |
[07:14] | Hi. It’s, uh, Mrs. Hodge. May I please speak with Danielle ? | 你好 我是霍奇太太 能让丹妮尔接电话吗? |
[07:17] | Muffins. T… | 哈哈 有松饼吃了 |
[07:19] | Hands off. We’re bringing these to Danielle for her birthday. | 手拿开 我们要送给丹妮尔生日时吃 |
[07:22] | What do you mean, she’s gone? | 她走了是什么意思? |
[07:25] | And you believed her? | 你们相信她了? |
[07:27] | You idiot! | 一群白痴 |
[07:28] | I should sue your irresponsible ass off for this. | 我要告你们这群不负责任的蠢货 |
[07:31] | Yeah, well, good day to you, too, reverend mother! | 是呀 我也祝你有美好的一天 尊敬的修女! |
[07:34] | What happened? – Those stupid nuns at the convent | – 出什么事了? – 那些修道院的白痴修女们 |
[07:37] | Let Danielle ‘s grandmother kidnap her. | 让丹妮尔的奶奶把她拐走了 |
[07:39] | She claimed i’d given her permission for a weekend visit. | 她自称我准许她周末探视 |
[07:44] | Phyllis! It’s me. | 费列丝 是我 |
[07:46] | You can screen your calls all you want to, | 你可以不听电话 |
[07:48] | But trust me, old woman, you are in a world of trouble. | 但听着 老女人 你麻烦大了 |
[07:51] | I know where you live, and I am coming for you. | 我知道你住哪 我来找你了 |
[07:53] | Shouldn’t we be worried? | 我们不用担心吗 |
[07:55] | No, I think we’re ready for her. | 我觉得我们已经准备好了 |
[07:57] | Now show me again how you kill the zombies. | 教教我怎么杀死那些僵尸 |
[08:03] | Why can’t I go? I play golf. | 我为什么不能去? 我会打高尔夫 |
[08:07] | And I’d love to meet your… College buddies. | 而且我也很想见见你的…大学死党 |
[08:10] | Edie, me and the guys have only two rules for these weekends– | 伊迪 我和伙伴们只这个周末只定了两条规矩 |
[08:14] | No plaid pants and no women. | 不准穿格子短裤 不准有女人 |
[08:17] | Fine. Be that way. | 好吧 听你的 |
[08:20] | And to think, I got you a gift. | 想想 我可是给你准备了礼物 |
[08:28] | Hey, golf balls. | 嘿 高尔夫球 |
[08:30] | They’re monogrammed. | 上面有印字的哦 |
[08:32] | Wait. These are your initials. | 等等 这里印的都是你名字的首字母 |
[08:34] | Exactly. While you’re out there playing, | 没错 你在外面玩的时候 |
[08:37] | I want everyone to know | 我要每个人都知道 |
[08:39] | who your balls belong to. | 你的”球”是属于谁的 |
[08:52] | Good work, boys, but I have to head out in a few minutes, | 干得不错 孩子们 但我快要出门了 |
[08:54] | So make sure you put all the stuff back in the garage. | 所以你们一定要把所有东西都放回车库 |
[08:58] | Hello? | 喂? |
[08:59] | Hey, on my way. | 嘿 我在路上了 |
[09:01] | Meet you at the hotel, okay? | 酒店见 好吗? |
[09:03] | I’m leaving in five minutes. | 我五分钟后就出发 |
[09:13] | Uh, Brett , could you come here a second? | 布莱特 过来一下好吗 |
[09:18] | How long has that van been parked over there? – Couple hours. | -那部车子停在这里多久了? – 好几个小时了 |
[09:21] | Hours? Are you serious? | 几小时了? 真的吗? |
[09:24] | Oh, My God. I think he’s just waiting for someone to come home. | -天啊 -我想他只是在等人吧 |
[09:29] | Brett, when’s the last time a cable guy waited for anyone? | 布莱特 你什么时候见过装闭路电视的人在等人? |
[09:34] | I see a lot of lawn mowing in your future. | 我想你以后有的要除草了 |
[09:36] | Hey, it’s me again. You’re not gonna believe this. | 嘿 还是我 你不会相信这个的 |
[09:40] | Before Victor left on his business trip, | 在维克托出差之前 |
[09:42] | He hired someone to tail me. | 他雇了个人监视我 |
[09:43] | Oh, man. Should we call this off? – No way. | -不会吧 那要取消吗? -才不要 |
[09:46] | It’s gonna take more than a guy with mini binoculars | 那个人用只小望远镜跟一袋甜甜圈 |
[09:48] | and a bag of doughnuts to keep me under lock and key. | 就想看住我? 门儿都没有 |
[09:51] | I’ll be there as soon as I can. | 我会尽快到那里 |
[10:02] | Boys, time to get paid. | 伙计们 发工钱了 |
[10:06] | Come on, Eddie ! | 埃迪 快来啊 |
[10:16] | Bye, Mrs. Lang. See you next time. | 再见 朗夫人 再见 |
[10:23] | Come back here! | 过来这里! |
[10:24] | Are you taking the bus home? | 你坐公车回来吗? |
[10:32] | As soon as we get around the corner, | 我们等会一拐弯 |
[10:33] | We’re gonna have to adjust this horn. | 得把喇叭的位置调一下 |
[10:53] | Gabrielle. | 加布丽尔 |
[10:55] | Hey. | 你好 |
[10:57] | H-hi. | 你…你好 |
[11:00] | Look at you. What a surprise. | 看看你 真惊喜啊 |
[11:03] | Oh, uh, this is Gaby . This is my wife Tammy . | 这是加布 这是我太太苔米 |
[11:07] | Tammy, this is Gabrielle. | 苔米 这是加布丽尔 |
[11:08] | Wow, look at you. Congratulations. | 哇 恭喜你啊 |
[11:12] | Thanks. It wasn’t planned. | 谢谢 意外来的 |
[11:16] | Okay. So… Are you guys staying here? | 你…你们在这里住吗? |
[11:20] | No, we just came for some lunch. | 不是 来吃顿饭而已 |
[11:22] | Daddy owns this place. | 这是我爸爸的酒店 |
[11:24] | That’s right. You’re a hotel heiress. | 对哦 你是这酒店的继承人 |
[11:26] | Yeah, but not one of the skanky ones. | 没错 但不是那种糜烂型的 |
[11:29] | How do you two know each other? | 你们怎么认识的? |
[11:32] | I used to be Gabrielle ‘s gardener. | 我以前是加布丽尔的园丁 |
[11:35] | Oh! Well, as you can see, | 你也可以看到 |
[11:38] | He’s certainly married up from lawn boy. | 结婚后他就不再是除草的男孩儿了 |
[11:40] | Tammy. What? | -苔米 -怎么了? |
[11:43] | Forget it. | 别提了 |
[11:44] | So I heard you married the mayor. | 听说你跟市长结婚了 |
[11:47] | You’re married to Victor lang? | 你跟维克托·朗结婚了? |
[11:49] | He and daddy go hunting together. | 他今天跟我爸爸打猎去了 |
[11:51] | I told John if he would just be nicer to daddy, | 我跟约翰说如果他对爸爸好一点 |
[11:53] | He could hang out with people like the mayor | 他就可以跟像市长这样的人出去玩啦 |
[11:55] | And make important contacts. | 甚至建立更稳固的关系 |
[11:57] | And I keep telling you that I don’t need | 我一直跟你说我不想 |
[11:59] | To kiss your father’s ass to have a career. | 靠讨好你父亲来建立事业 |
[12:03] | Uh, yeah, so I married the mayor. | 是啊 我跟市长结婚了啊 |
[12:05] | Kooky, huh? | 很奇怪吧 哈? |
[12:06] | So, um, is he here with you? | 那么 他在这里吗? |
[12:09] | Uh, no. He’s away at a conference, | 没有 他出差开会去了 |
[12:12] | So I decided to treat myself to a SPA weekend. | 所以我就决定来享受一个spa周末啊 |
[12:16] | Ooh! You should definitely get the full body massage. | 你完全可以做个全身按摩的 |
[12:21] | Oh, I plan to. | 正准备去呢 |
[12:24] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[12:25] | You, too, Gaby . | 我也很高兴见到你 加布 |
[12:29] | Sorry about that. A complete shock. | 不好意思 真把我吓着了 |
[12:32] | I mean, of all people to run into. | 我是说 撞见很多人 |
[12:33] | Who were they? | 他们是谁? |
[12:38] | Just an old friend and his idiot wife. | 一个老朋友和他的白痴老婆 |
[12:41] | Come on. Let’s go. | 来吧 我们走吧 |
[12:45] | Bree, how lovely to see you. | 布里 见到你真高兴啊 |
[12:48] | Cram it, Phyllis . You got a lot of nerve | -少来了 菲利斯 -你竟敢把丹妮尔从我们 |
[12:51] | Stealing Danielle from a convent we prepaid for. | 为她准备的修道院里”偷运”出来 |
[12:54] | She didn’t steal me. | 她没有”偷运”我 |
[12:56] | I’m a mature person capable of making my own decisions. | 我是一个有能力做决定的大人了 |
[12:59] | Well, good. You can decide to pack, | 很好 你可以决定回去 |
[13:01] | Because we are taking you back to the convent. | 因为我们要带你回修道院 |
[13:03] | Mnh-mnh. I’m turning 18 this weekend, | 这个周末我就十八岁了 |
[13:05] | So you can’t boss me around anymore. | 所以你不能再控制我了 |
[13:06] | I’m staying with grandma, | 我要跟奶奶在一起 |
[13:08] | And I’m gonna have my baby delivered here. -We have an excellent medical staff. | 我也要在这里生孩子 – 我们这有很好的医疗人员 |
[13:12] | It’s a retirement village. | 这里是安老社区 |
[13:13] | All these doctors know how to deliver is bad news. | 这里的医生不懂接生 |
[13:16] | I don’t care. I’m staying, | 我不管 我就要留下来 |
[13:18] | And i’m gonna raise the baby here, too. – What? | -我也准备在这里抚养孩子了 – 什么? |
[13:21] | Entirely her idea. | 全都是她的主意 |
[13:23] | A baby is god’s most precious gift. | 孩子是上帝赐予的最珍贵的礼物 |
[13:25] | I will not have mine raised | 我不会把孩子给一个像你这样 |
[13:27] | By a cold, emotionally unavailable woman like you. | 冷血的 没有感情的女人来抚养 |
[13:30] | “emotionally unavailable.” | “没有感情” |
[13:31] | Gosh, I wonder where she picked up that little phrase. Hmm. | 天啊 真不知道她从哪里学来的 |
[13:35] | Like I’m too dumb to think of it myself? | 难道我就蠢到不会自己想出来么? |
[13:37] | You’re always mean to me, just like you were to dad. | 你对我总是那么刻薄 就跟对爸爸一样 |
[13:41] | You emasculated him. | 是你”阉割”了爸爸 |
[13:43] | Well, you’re not gonna emasculate me. | 我可不会被你”阉割” |
[13:45] | You don’t even know what that means, | 你连那是什么意思都不知道 |
[13:46] | You petulant sock puppet! | 你这个坏脾气的蠢材! |
[13:48] | Who cares? | 谁在乎啊? |
[13:52] | I’m going to the store. | 我去商店 |
[13:56] | Buy a dictionary. | 买本字典吧 |
[13:59] | So that’s all settled. | 那么就这么说定了 |
[14:03] | Would you like some iced tea? | 你要来点冰茶吗? |
[14:15] | You aren’t joining the lynch mob? | 你不加入那群乌合之众吗? |
[14:17] | Uh, you mean Katherine ‘s homeowners thing? | 你是说凯瑟琳那个小区会长的事吗? |
[14:19] | Yeah, I think I’ll sit this one out. | 是 我不准备参与 |
[14:21] | No, no, no. You can’t do that. You’ve got to pick a side. | 不 不 不 你不能那样做 你得有个立场 |
[14:24] | Art or mindless conformity? | 是艺术还是随波逐流? |
[14:27] | See, this is one of the upsides of having cancer. | 看 这就是得癌症的一个好处 |
[14:30] | You get to excuse yourself from petty neighborhood squabbles. | 你可以寻找借口不去参与邻里间的争执 |
[14:33] | You won’t think they’re so petty when she comes after you. | 当她们来找着你的时候你就不会觉得好受了 |
[14:36] | Me? Why would she do that? | 我? 怎么会啊? |
[14:38] | Did the homeowners’ association approve everything in your yard? | 屋主联盟同意你后院里的每一样东西了吗? |
[14:41] | The fence? That swing? | 围栏? 秋千? |
[14:43] | The tree house? | 树屋? |
[14:46] | I don’t think Katherine will bother herself | 我觉得凯瑟琳不会跟 |
[14:47] | Over a tree house. | 一间树屋作对吧 |
[14:48] | First, they came for the fountains, | 首先 他们针对喷泉 |
[14:50] | And I did not speak out because I had no fountain. – What? | -我什么都不说因为我没有喷泉 -什么? |
[14:54] | Then they came for the lawn gnomes, | 然后他们针对草坪守护神 |
[14:55] | And I did not speak out because I had no gnome. | 我还是什么都不说因为我没有草坪守护神 |
[14:58] | You’re comparing Katherine to a nazi? | 你在把凯瑟琳跟纳粹做比较吗? |
[15:00] | Then they came for my tree house, | 再然后他们针对我的树屋 |
[15:02] | And there was no one left to speak out for me. | 就不会有人站出来帮我说话了 |
[15:09] | Thank you, ladies. I so appreciate your input, | 谢谢 女士们 很感谢你们的加入 |
[15:12] | And I think we can all agree | 我想大家都赞成 |
[15:14] | That the fountain has no place on our street. | 喷泉在我们这里没有立足之地 |
[15:17] | Yeah, we gotta show those gays we mean business. | 没错 要让那些同性恋知道我们是认真的 |
[15:22] | Ida, again, the issue is not Bob and Lee being gay. | 艾达 再说一次 这跟鲍勃和李是同性恋无关 |
[15:26] | It’s the fountain. | 是他们的喷泉 |
[15:28] | Well, can’t it be both? | 不可以一起说吗? |
[15:32] | Anyway… | 不管怎样 |
[15:34] | If you elect me president, my first act | 如果你们选我做小区会长 我第一件事 |
[15:37] | Will be to eliminate this so-called work of art. | 就是要除掉这所谓的艺术品 |
[15:40] | Hear, hear. | 支持 支持 |
[15:43] | Yes, Lynette . | 勒奈特 什么事 |
[15:44] | After you get rid of this fountain, that’s it, right? | 你们就只是要除掉喷泉 对吗? |
[15:47] | I don’t follow. | 我不太明白 |
[15:49] | I mean… You’re not gonna start | 我是说 你们不会准备开始 |
[15:50] | Checking everyone’s yards for things that don’t fit in? | 要找每家后院里不太适合放的东西吧 |
[15:54] | Oh, of course not. | 当然不会了 |
[15:56] | As long as those things meet the association’s guidelines. | 只要那些东西符合组织规定 |
[16:00] | Uh-huh. And what if they don’t? | 嗯…那如果不符合呢? |
[16:03] | Are you referring to something in particular? | 你在特指些什么吗? |
[16:05] | My kids’ tree house. Can you promise you’ll leave it alone? | 我孩子们的树屋 你能保证不动它吗? |
[16:09] | Well, it’s not up to me. That’s the whole point. | 这不取决于我 就是这样 |
[16:12] | There are rules. | 规定就是规定 |
[16:13] | That sounds like a no. | 听起来像是说不 |
[16:16] | If I make an exception for you, | 如果我对你开了先河 |
[16:17] | Then I have to make one for everyone, | 我就不得不对所有人都那样 |
[16:19] | And surely, you realize that the whole neighborhood | 当然了 你应该能意识到 |
[16:21] | Can’t revolve around your little tree house. | 整个社区不能绕着你那树屋转啊 |
[16:25] | Now since I am running unopposed, | 那么 鉴于没有反对票 |
[16:27] | I just need someone to second my nomination. | 我只需要有个人支持我当选 |
[16:32] | Oh! Thank you, Lynette. | 谢谢你 勒奈特 |
[16:35] | No, actually, I’m nominating myself. | 先别谢 事实上 我提名我自己 |
[16:38] | I am now running for president. | 我现在要竞选小区会长 |
[16:41] | Against you. | 跟你竞争 |
[16:57] | You know, running for president in your condition? | 以你现在的身体状况来竞选小区会长? |
[17:00] | I don’t think it’s a good idea. | 我认为这可不明智 |
[17:02] | Tom, I don’t want your opinion, just your vote. | 汤姆 我不关心你的想法 选我就行了 |
[17:04] | If you want to save the tree house, | 如果你是想留住那个树屋 |
[17:06] | Why don’t you let me run instead? | 为何不让我去竞选? |
[17:08] | Because you’d never win. Bossy women rule this street. | 因为你不会成功 专横的女人才能统治这条街 |
[17:10] | You know that. I know one rules my life. | -你知道的 -我只知道有一个统治着我 |
[17:15] | I’m sorry. I didn’t catch that. | 抱歉 我没听清 |
[17:17] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[17:18] | Look, this is not just about a tree house or a fountain. | 这不仅是一个树屋或者一个喷泉的问题 |
[17:21] | This is about | 这是关于 |
[17:23] | What kind of neighborhood we want to live in. | 我们要和什么样的邻居住在一起 |
[17:25] | Do we get to make our own choices, | 是我们自己做主 |
[17:26] | Or do we let the taste police make them for us? | 还是听凭他人差遣 |
[17:29] | Ah, now I get it. This about you wanting to take on Katherine. | 我知道啦 其实是你想骑在凯瑟琳的头上 |
[17:33] | No! This is about personal freedom– | 才不是! 这事关个人自由 |
[17:37] | Specifically, my personal freedom | 尤其是 我的个人自由 |
[17:39] | To take down that jackbooted hausfrau. | 我要拿下那个喜欢压迫别人的主妇 |
[17:41] | Honey, if you’re looking for something to fight, | 宝贝 如果你想找茬儿打架的话 |
[17:44] | How about your cancer? | 找你的癌症怎么样 |
[17:45] | Hey, a tumor is a tumor | 嘿 肿瘤就是肿瘤 |
[17:46] | Whether it’s in your body or living across the street. | 不管是长在自己的身上还是长在别的什么地方 |
[17:55] | I don’t know why you buy those things. | 我不知道你买这些干吗 |
[17:56] | They just end up on the floor. | 它们最终还是要被扔在地上 |
[17:58] | Because I want to feel pretty and feminine. | 我想让自己变得漂亮 有女人味儿 |
[18:03] | Ooh! My chilI cheese fries! Just a second! | 我的辣椒芝士薯条 等一下 |
[18:06] | Gabrielle? It’s me– John. | 加布丽尔 是我 约翰 |
[18:10] | John? John who? | 约翰? 哪个约翰? |
[18:15] | Uh, okay. You know that old friend | 呃 在大厅里遇见的 |
[18:18] | I ran into in the lobby? | 那个老朋友 |
[18:19] | It might have been John Rowland . | 大概是约翰·罗兰德 |
[18:22] | Maybe. I’m not sure. | 可能是吧 我不确定 |
[18:25] | Gabrielle? | 加布丽尔? |
[18:26] | But just to be safe, you may wanna hide in the closet. | 但是 以防万一 你还是躲进壁橱里吧 |
[18:29] | What? I’m not hiding from that guy. Really? | -什么? 我不会躲那家伙的 -真的? |
[18:32] | Because his father-in-law goes hunting with Victor — | 他的岳父大人和维克托是猎友 |
[18:34] | You know, the guy who hired someone | 就是那个雇人跟踪我们 |
[18:36] | to tail us and possibly kill us? | 并且很有可能杀了我们的人! |
[18:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:48] | John, what are you doing here? | 约翰 你来这儿干吗? |
[18:50] | When I ran into you last fall, | 当去年秋天我遇上你 |
[18:52] | You wanted to start up our affair again, | 你想重燃我们的旧情 |
[18:53] | And I wasn’t ready. | 我当时没有准备好 |
[18:55] | Well, I’m ready. | 现在 我准备好了 |
[19:09] | Listen, I promised Tom I wouldn’t knock myself out | 听我说 我答应汤姆不会为了竞争小区会长 |
[19:12] | Campaigning for this homeowners thing, | 而让自己累垮 |
[19:15] | So I was hoping you could help me– | 所以我希望你助我一臂之力 |
[19:17] | You know, ring some bells, talk me up, that sort of thing? | 例如 帮我说说好话之类的 |
[19:22] | I would love to, but… | 我很愿意 但是… |
[19:24] | But what? | 但是什么? |
[19:27] | This is awkward. | 这很难办 |
[19:28] | Uh, I told Katherine I’d vote for her. | 我答应凯瑟琳我会选她 |
[19:31] | You’re picking her over me? | 你选她而不选我? |
[19:32] | Uh, it’s not like I’m pro- Katherine . | 这并不是说我就支持凯瑟琳了 |
[19:34] | I’m just anti-fountain. | 我只是反对那个喷泉而已 |
[19:38] | Oh, don’t give me that look. I made her a promise. | 噢 别这么看我 我已经答应她了 |
[19:40] | Yes, but that was before your best friend | 我知道 不过那是你最好的朋友 |
[19:47] | Okay. If I vote for you, | 好吧 如果我选你 |
[19:49] | Do you promise to get rid of that fountain? | 你保证我会摆脱那个喷泉? |
[19:51] | See, that’s awkward for me. This is about personal freedom. | 那对我来说很难 这事关个人自由 |
[19:54] | You know? I’m running as a libertarian. | 看 我是为了自由主义 |
[19:56] | Well, I’m voting as a light s Lee per. | 我投票只是为了能浅浅地睡上一觉 |
[19:58] | It’s right outside our bedroom window. | 喷泉正好在我卧室的窗外 |
[20:00] | Seriously, Lynette , it’s like living next to splash mountain. | 说真的 勒奈特 就像是住在瀑布旁边 |
[20:03] | But it’s my kids’tree house. They really need it. – Well, We need our sleep. | 但是孩子们的树屋 他们真的很需要 – 我们需要睡眠 |
[20:07] | Why don’t you get earplugs? | 为什么不戴上耳塞? |
[20:08] | Why don’t you get… Tree house plugs? | 那你怎么就不能…给你的树屋塞上塞子? |
[20:12] | What? That doesn’t even make sense. | 什么? 这根本就是无理取闹 |
[20:14] | Yeah, I’m sorry. | 是 我很抱歉 |
[20:15] | You know, tired people aren’t witty. | 你知道,疲惫的人幽默不起来 |
[20:20] | Seriously, John , you have got to get out of here. | 说真的 约翰 你必须得离开这 |
[20:22] | No. Please. I need to be with you. | 求你了 我需要你 |
[20:25] | What about your wife? You met her. She’s dumb, demanding, | – 那你妻子怎么办? – 你也见到了 她有蠢 麻烦又多 |
[20:29] | Totally self-centered, especially in bed. | 完全以自我为中心 在床上更是如此 |
[20:31] | I mean, she’s awful. | 我是说 她糟透了 |
[20:32] | Awfully pregnant. I know. I-I’m completely trapped, | -糟糕地怀孕了 -我知道 我完全被缠住了 |
[20:36] | Just like you were with Mr.Solis. | 就像你当初和索利斯先生一样 |
[20:38] | What… | 什么… |
[20:39] | I-I wasn’t “trapped.” | 我没有被”缠住” |
[20:42] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[20:42] | All you’d ever talk about was what a selfish pig he was. | 你总是说他是只愚蠢自私的猪 |
[20:46] | Well, I think you’re paraphrasing. | 我觉得你在断章取义 |
[20:48] | Okay, seriously, you have to go. | 好了 说真的 你必须得走了 |
[20:50] | Come on. You know it would be hot, just like old times. | 求你了 我们会很激情的 就像昔日那样 |
[20:55] | Remember how great our sex was? – Oh,I don’t think we need to get into that. | 记得我们以前有多美妙么? – 噢 我想我们没必要回忆这些 |
[20:58] | What about the time we were doing it in the shower? | 那我们在浴室做的时候呢? |
[21:02] | Mr. Solis drove up? – Uh, does not ring a bell. | -索利斯先生正开车过来? -那勾不起我的回忆 |
[21:05] | Come on. And I hid in the closet? | 拜托 还有我藏在衣橱里那次 |
[21:07] | And you looked so hot, Mr.Solis pulled you down on the bed. | 你看起来那么性感 索利斯先生把你拉到床上 |
[21:13] | And you had to fake an orgasm just so he wouldn’t catch on. | 你还得假装高潮 这样他就不会发现 |
[21:18] | Yeah, good times. | 是的 美好的时光 |
[21:20] | Anyways, uh, that’s a negatory on the affair… What? | – 总之呢 外遇都是不对的 – 什么? |
[21:23] | And I will see you later. | 我们回头见 |
[21:25] | Come on, but we’re so good together. Gab–Please! | 别这样 可我们在一起那么开心 加布–求你了! |
[21:33] | Boy, that was a close one, huh? | 天啊 差一点点 是吧? |
[21:46] | You faked it with me | 你居然跟我演戏 |
[21:47] | While that wax job was hiding in the closet? | 就在那小子藏在衣橱里的时候? |
[21:49] | Yes, I had an affair. Old news. Move on. | 是的 我有过外遇 过去的事了 往前看吧 |
[21:53] | Where’s that room service? – So you’re not gonna apologize | -东西怎么还不送来? -这么说你不准备 |
[21:56] | For humiliating me in my own bed? | 为在我的床上羞辱我而道歉了? |
[21:58] | You deserved it. All you cared about back then was work. | 你活该 你以前关心的只有工作 |
[22:01] | Hey, I was not that bad of a husband, | 我可不是那么糟糕的丈夫 |
[22:03] | And somebody had to support your italian shoe addiction. | 再说总要有人来为你迷恋意大利鞋子的癖好付帐单 |
[22:06] | I shopped because I was bored and lonely– | 我因为孤单寂寞才买东西的 |
[22:09] | Same reason I had an affair. – Yeah, with our teenage gardener! | -同时也是我偷情的原因 – 和我们未成年园艺师! |
[22:12] | I should have snapped that kid’s neck two years ago. | 两年前我就该把那小子的脖子给扭断 |
[22:14] | Oh, let it go! John Rowland didn’t do anything to you | 过去就过去了 你没对维克托做的 |
[22:17] | That you’re not doing to Victor. | 约翰·罗兰德也没对你做 |
[22:19] | You can’t even compare the two! It’s completely different! | 你怎么可以把这两个人对比呢! 这完全是两码子事! |
[22:23] | Is it, Mr. Man in the closet? | 是吗 躲衣橱里的先生? |
[22:26] | Yeah, you heard me. | 是的 你听到了 |
[22:28] | Who’s John Rowland now? | 现在谁是约翰·罗兰德了? |
[22:39] | Katherine, what are you up to? | 凯瑟琳 你准备干嘛? |
[22:41] | Just visiting a friend | 只不过见个朋友而已 |
[22:43] | Liar. You’re campaigning. Cookies–nice touch. | 骗子 你是要去做宣传 用饼干 这招不错 |
[22:48] | Ditto on the scarf. | 彼此彼此 |
[22:54] | Edie, you got a moment? | 伊迪 有时间吗? |
[22:57] | I am running for president of the homeowners’ association, | 我在竞选业委会主席 |
[22:59] | And I want to talk to you about that horrible fountain. | 我想和你谈谈那个讨厌的喷泉 |
[23:03] | Screw the fountain. You want my support? | 去他妈的喷泉 你要我的支持? |
[23:05] | Make Ida Greenberg ditch that screen door. | 让艾达·格林勃格弄掉那个纱门 |
[23:08] | That rusty, old tetanus bucket… | 那堆生锈的废铜烂铁… |
[23:10] | Looks fine to me. It’s hardly ripped at all. | 我觉得没什么要紧 几乎没什么裂缝 |
[23:13] | In fact, if you give me your support… | 事实上 如果你支持我的话… |
[23:15] | I’ll make Mrs. Burkette prune those roses. | 我会让勃克特太太剪掉那些玫瑰的 |
[23:17] | It’s a garden, not a jungle, | 那是花园 不是丛林 |
[23:19] | And you shouldn’t have to… | 你不必… |
[23:21] | Pay for a fence you don’t even want. | 为不想要的篱笆付钱 |
[23:23] | That’s not how you make good neighbors, | 这可不是保持良好邻里关系的方法 |
[23:24] | And I don’t care if… – The Mustafas don’t celebrate christmas. | -我不在意是否… – 穆斯塔法不庆祝圣诞 |
[23:28] | You’re asking them to hang a few lights, not convert. | 你只叫他们挂些彩灯嘛 又不是改变信仰 |
[23:31] | When i’m president, I promise… | 只要我是主席 我保证… |
[23:33] | You can keep that satellite dish. | 你可以保留卫星天线 |
[23:35] | In fact, this is practically a first amendment issue. | 事实上 这会写进第一修正案 |
[23:38] | The way I see it… | 我觉得… |
[23:39] | The entire neighborhood | 整个社区 |
[23:40] | Should be a testament to symmetry and beauty. | 应该保持对称与美观 |
[23:44] | So… | 所以… |
[23:45] | Have I got your vote? | 你会投我一票吗 |
[23:46] | Um, I’m not sure yet. | 我还不确定 |
[23:49] | Keep rubbing. | 继续捏 |
[24:02] | Bree, I know you’re upset, but you’ve got to eat. | 布里 我知道你很失落 但也得吃东西 |
[24:05] | I’m just so mad at myself. | 我只是生自己的气 |
[24:07] | I should have realized | 我本该意识到 |
[24:09] | That the maternal instinct is so strong, | 母性是如此的强烈 |
[24:11] | That even Danielle would develop it. | 就是丹妮尔也不例外 |
[24:17] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[24:19] | You know those animals who eat their young? | 你知道蚕食自己骨肉的动物吧 |
[24:21] | Even they have more maternal instinct than Danielle . | 即便他们都比丹妮尔有母性 |
[24:23] | Then why would she want the child? | 那她为什么想要孩子 |
[24:25] | You’ve known her how long, and you still haven’t | 认识她这么久了 你还不清楚 |
[24:27] | Figured out how that lentil she calls a brain works? | 她那头脑简单的思考方式? |
[24:30] | There’s no need to insult your sister. – Let him talk. | -没必要侮辱你的妹妹 -让他说 |
[24:32] | All right, Danielle cares about three things– | 这么说吧 丹妮尔只在乎三件事 |
[24:36] | Danielle, fun, and, uh… | 丹妮尔 好玩 还有… |
[24:40] | Wait. I was wrong. It’s just two. | 等等 我错了 只有两件 |
[24:43] | And a retirement village is fun? | 养老社区很有意思吗? |
[24:45] | Compared to what you’re offering her– | 跟你提供给她的相比… |
[24:47] | A crappy job and community college. | 无聊的工作和社区学院 |
[24:50] | I mean, you think grandma’s gonna make her do any of that? | 我意思是 你以为奶奶会让她做这些吗 |
[24:52] | So Danielle ‘s only doing this | 所以丹妮尔这样做 |
[24:53] | Because Phyllis is offering her a cushy life? | 是因为菲利斯提供给她一个舒适的生活? |
[24:56] | Yeah. If you want that baby, | 当然 如果你们想要回那个孩子 |
[24:59] | You’re gonna have to outbid grandma. | 必须有高于奶奶的出价 |
[25:12] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[25:14] | Hi, John. | 你好 约翰 |
[25:16] | I wanted to talk to you. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[25:19] | It’ll be very friendly. No hitting. | 会很友好 不会动粗 |
[25:28] | What’s up? | 什么事儿 |
[25:29] | This is gonna sound weird, but, uh, | 这听起来会很奇怪 但是 |
[25:31] | I’ve been doing some thinking lately, and, well, | 我最近想了很多 然后… |
[25:36] | I’ve decided that it’s time for me to forgive you. | 我觉得是时候该原谅你了 |
[25:42] | For sleeping with my wife. | 和我老婆上床的事儿 |
[25:46] | Yeah, well, I didn’t just s Lee p with Gaby . | 我不只是和她上床 |
[25:49] | I fell in love with her. | 我爱上她了 |
[25:54] | I forgive you for that, too. | 这我也一样原谅你 |
[25:59] | Why are you doing this? | 为什么 |
[26:01] | You in some kind of 12-step program? | 你在进行戒暴十二步吗 |
[26:06] | Let’s just say i’ve recently learned how loving someone | 我只是想说我最近明白了爱上一个人 |
[26:08] | Makes you forget the difference between right and wrong. | 是如何让你无法分辨对与错的 |
[26:17] | Anyway, that’s pretty much it. I should go. | 不管怎样 我就想说这些了 我该走了 |
[26:23] | Do you still talk to Gabrielle ? | 你和加布丽尔还有来往吗? |
[26:25] | Occasionally. Why? | 有时候吧 怎么了? |
[26:28] | I just want to know if she was happy. | 我只想知道她是不是过得开心 |
[26:32] | I think she is. | 我想是的 |
[26:37] | Well… | 那好 |
[26:40] | Good for her. | 祝贺她 |
[26:48] | All right, before we vote, | 在我们投票之前 |
[26:50] | Are there any more questions for the cand Ida tes? | 大家对候选人还有什么问题吗? |
[26:54] | Anybody besides Lee ? | 除了李还有别人吗? |
[26:56] | It’s not a question. | 我不是要提问 |
[26:57] | I just want to remind everyone | 我要提醒大家 |
[26:58] | That a vote for Katherine is a vote for fascism. | 给凯瑟琳投票就是给法西斯投票 |
[27:02] | What is it with you gay people and clothes? | 你们同性恋和服装有什么过节? |
[27:06] | Fascism, Ida , not fashion. | 是法西斯 艾达 不是时尚 (两单词读音相仿) |
[27:09] | Although if you ever do want to talk fashion, | 如果你想谈谈流行什么 |
[27:12] | We’re here for you. | 我们随时奉陪 |
[27:14] | All right, debate’s over. | 讨论结束 |
[27:16] | Let’s kick this pig. All in favor of Lynette ? | 开始选举 支持勒奈特的请举手? |
[27:26] | Okay, and those for Katherine ? | 好的 支持凯瑟琳的请举手? |
[27:36] | That’s 14 for Lynette and 14 for Katherine . | 勒奈特14票 凯瑟琳也是14票 |
[27:39] | So what do we do? It’s a tie. | 我们该怎么办? 是平局 |
[27:42] | No, it’s not. | 不对 |
[27:43] | Susan voted twice. | 苏珊投了两次 |
[27:49] | Did I? | 我有吗? |
[27:51] | Well, that’s obviously wrong. | 很明显 这样做不对 |
[27:54] | You only get one vote, sweet cheeks. Who’s it gonna be? | 你只能投一次 亲爱的 你要选谁? |
[28:11] | Susan, we’re waiting. | 苏珊 我们都等你呢 |
[28:14] | It’s up to you, Honey. | 由你决定了 亲爱的 |
[28:20] | Katherine. | 我选凯瑟琳 |
[28:23] | Okay, it’s official. Katherine is our new president. | 正式结果凯瑟琳当选我们小区新任会长 |
[28:29] | Thank you. Thank you, everyone, | 谢谢 谢谢大家 |
[28:31] | And I promise to do my best for this neighborhood. | 我保证我会竭尽所能为大家服务 |
[28:35] | And, Bob , Lee , Mr. Mustafa, | 鲍勃 李 穆斯塔法先生 |
[28:37] | I’ll be in touch regarding your various infractions. | 就你们的违规行为 我马上会接手 |
[28:40] | And you, too, Lynette . | 勒奈特 你也是 |
[28:45] | Meeting adjourned. | 散会 |
[28:51] | I know. Well, I’m not surprised. | 我知道 我一点也不奇怪 |
[29:15] | You know, Phyllis | 你知道吗 菲利斯 |
[29:16] | We cannot thank you enough for accepting our apology. | 真的很感谢你能接受我们的道歉 |
[29:19] | Well, I think we should try to stay on good terms | 我想我们应该和睦相处 |
[29:23] | For Danielle ‘s sake. | 看在丹妮尔的份上 |
[29:26] | I’m glad you suggested that we eat out here. | 我很高兴你建议我们在外面吃饭 |
[29:29] | I never think to do this. | 这是我从没想过的 |
[29:31] | Oh, darn, I forgot the napkins. | 上帝 我忘带餐巾纸了 |
[29:33] | Oh, no problem. | 没关系 |
[29:35] | I’ll go get some. | 我去找一些来 |
[29:40] | So now that we have a moment alone, | 现在就剩下我们一家人了 |
[29:42] | Your mother and I would like to say how proud we are of you. | 你妈妈和我想告诉你我们多么地为你骄傲 |
[29:46] | Yeah, right. | 哦,是吗 |
[29:47] | Seriously, we hadn’t realized you’d matured enough | 当然了 我们才发现你已经长大了 |
[29:50] | To take on the burden of motherhood all by yourself. | 可以独自承担起当母亲的职责了 |
[29:53] | Well, grandma’s gonna help. | 奶奶有帮我 |
[29:55] | She’ll do what she can, but you mustn’t overtax her. | 她会尽量帮你 但你不能让她太累了 |
[29:57] | Her heart is not very strong. | 她的心脏不是很好 |
[30:01] | She seems fine to me. | 她和我在一起的时候很好 |
[30:03] | Well, knock wood. | 希望是吧 |
[30:04] | We’d hate to see you forced to take care of a baby | 我们不希望看到你被迫要照顾一个孩子 |
[30:06] | and a sick old woman. | 还有一个生病的老妇人 |
[30:08] | Whoa! Mah-jongg. Don’t see that much anymore. | 喔 天啊 好久没见过这种场面了 |
[30:19] | Danielle, you should introduce yourself. | 丹妮尔 你应该做个自我介绍 |
[30:21] | These people are your new friends. Mm. | 这些人都是你的新朋友 |
[30:23] | And you’re going to learn more | 你从他们的经验和智慧里 |
[30:24] | From their experience and wisdom | 会学到很多东西的 |
[30:26] | Than you ever could have learned at that college in Florida. | 那都是你在佛罗里达的学院所学不到的 |
[30:29] | Wait. I thought I couldn’t go there. | 等一下 我以为我不能去那儿 |
[30:31] | You said it was just a party school. | 你说过那只是一个社交学校 |
[30:33] | Well, actually, we checked into the curriculum, | 事实上 我们看过你的课程安排 |
[30:34] | And it’s very strong, but no Matter. | 那些课都很好 但是没关系 |
[30:36] | You’re be happier here. – Yes, and with a grandmother’s unconditional love, | – 你在这儿会很开心的 – 没错 还有奶奶无条件地爱你 |
[30:40] | Who needs frat boys who only like you for your convertible? | 谁还需要只因为你的敞篷车而喜欢你的联谊会男生? |
[30:43] | Whoa. When did I get a convertible? | 喔 我什么时候有过敞蓬车了啊? |
[30:45] | Well, we were gonna surprise you with one for your birthday, | 我们准备你过生日时送给你 |
[30:48] | But since you’re keeping the baby, you’ll want A more practical gift. | 但因为你要养孩子 你需要一件更实用的礼物 |
[30:51] | We’re thinking a diaper service. | 我们正在考虑提供尿布 |
[30:54] | Oh, look, they have water aerobics. | 看那边 她们在做水中做有氧运动 |
[31:01] | You should sign up. | 你也应该去 |
[31:06] | You know, maybe I should go to college. | 知道吗 或许我该去上学 |
[31:10] | I mean, for the baby’s sake. | 看在孩子的份上 |
[31:12] | How can I support it without a degree? | 没有学位我怎么赚钱养活他 |
[31:14] | But you can’t raise this child in a miamI dorm room. | 但你在迈阿密的寝室 根本无法带孩子 |
[31:19] | You’ll need to leave it with someone you can trust | 你得把他交给你信任的人 |
[31:20] | To take care of it properly. | 来好好照看他 |
[31:27] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[31:28] | The elevator’s out. I… | 电梯坏了 我… |
[31:30] | Oh. I have to catch my breath. | 我得先喘口气 |
[31:40] | Grandma? | 奶奶? |
[31:42] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[31:54] | What’s this? | 这是干什么? |
[31:55] | I thought we might toast my victory.. | 我想我们应该庆祝一下 |
[31:58] | I’m kind of in the middle of something here. | 我这儿有点事还在忙 |
[32:02] | So… You haven’t congratulated me yet. | 你还没恭喜我呢 |
[32:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:11] | Would you like to tell me what’s bothering youou? | 你能告诉我是什么困扰着你吗? |
[32:13] | I just want you to think about | 我只是要你想想 |
[32:15] | what you’ve been doing for the past few days. | 这几天你都在做什么 |
[32:17] | You’ve mounted a crusade against a metal thing | 你因为一个喷水的金属物 |
[32:19] | that shoots out water. – I’m trying to keep the neighborhood beautiful. | 而大搞改革运动 – 我只是想保持社区的美丽 |
[32:23] | I love this street. | 我爱这条街 |
[32:24] | Yeah, you keep saying that– how happy you used to be here, | 是啊 你一直这么说 你以前住这里有多开心 |
[32:28] | But ever since we’ve moved back, | 但是自从我们搬回来 |
[32:30] | All I’ve seen is an unhappy woman | 我看到的只是一个不开心 |
[32:32] | Who needs to control everything. | 并且想要控制一切的女人 |
[32:36] | We’ve both learned what happens | 我俩都知道等到你失控的时候 |
[32:37] | When you lose control. | 会发生什么 |
[32:39] | Oh. Chicago again. | 又是芝加哥 |
[32:43] | Tell you something else we learned there. | 告诉你我们在那还学到了什么 |
[32:45] | When the chips are down, it helps to have friends. | 当危机来临时 能拥有朋友是最难得的 |
[32:49] | And you certainly haven’t made us any lately. | 你近来可没干过一丁点有利于这个的事 |
[32:53] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[33:04] | Bye, Grandma. | 拜 奶奶 |
[33:05] | Good-bye, dear. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[33:08] | Tell your stepfather I’ll be right out. | 告诉你继父我马上就出去 |
[33:15] | Oh, please, Phyllis.Even you have to agree | 菲利斯 你难道还会同意说 |
[33:18] | that a girl who’d trade her baby for a convertible | 一个会用自己的孩子去换敞篷车的女孩 |
[33:21] | isn’t ready for motherhood. | 已经准备好做一个母亲 |
[33:22] | She’d have changed once the baby came. | 孩子一生下来她就会有所改变的 |
[33:26] | She’s her father’s daughter. | 她是她父亲的女儿 |
[33:33] | That’s a nice picture of Rex. | 莱克斯这张照片很帅 |
[33:35] | Oh, I have a lot of pictures. | 我还有很多张照片 |
[33:38] | All of the women here do. | 这里的女人整天做的就是 |
[33:42] | They’re what we have left of the things | 回忆着我们所失去的 |
[33:44] | Time has taken from us… | 时间让我们失去的 |
[33:50] | Youth, homes and husbands… | 青春 家庭 丈夫… |
[33:54] | And for the unluckiest, children. | 更不幸的是 我们的孩子 |
[33:59] | I thought I was getting back a part of Rex. | 我想我已经回想起一些和莱克斯在一起的日子 |
[34:03] | But now… | 但是现在 |
[34:08] | I know you’re lonely, Phyllis , | 我知道你很孤单 菲利斯 |
[34:10] | But I can’t give up this child just to make you feel better. | 但我不能因为你而抛弃这个孩子 |
[34:14] | You should go. Your family’s waiting for you. | 你该走了 你的家人正等着你 |
[34:27] | Orson and I go to our club almost every saturday night, | 奥森和我几乎每周六晚都去俱乐部 |
[34:30] | If you’re… interested in babysitting. | 如果你…想带孩子的话 |
[34:35] | You mean it? | 你说真的? |
[34:39] | How will you explain me to your friends? | 你怎么跟你的朋友介绍我? |
[34:42] | I’ll say that you’re broke and needed the money. | 我会说你破产了 需要钱 |
[34:44] | Can’t you just say that you like having me around? | 你就不能说你希望我在你身边吗? |
[34:49] | I need something that will fly, Phyllis . | 菲利斯 我希望事情传得快些 |
[35:03] | Hey. What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[35:05] | We need toalk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[35:09] | So here’s the deal. | 这样说吧 |
[35:11] | I think it’s time for us to do the right thing. | 我想我们该做出正确的决定 |
[35:14] | I don’t think I like where this is going. | 我想我不喜欢这段对话 |
[35:16] | We have to end this affair. | 我们不能再偷情了 |
[35:18] | You serious? | 你是认真的吗? |
[35:20] | All this… Sneaking around, wearing disguises, | 这些…偷偷摸摸 躲躲藏藏 |
[35:24] | Hiding in closets– it’s just wrong. | 躲在衣柜里 都是不对的 |
[35:27] | We’re better than this. | 我们不应该这样 |
[35:28] | So what are you suggesting, we stay with Victor and Edie ? | 你是说我们还是该留在维克托和伊迪的身边? |
[35:31] | No, we break up with them. | 不 我们该和他们离婚 |
[35:34] | Look, it’ll hurt, but at least it’s honest. | 这样可能很伤人 但至少这样很诚实 |
[35:37] | And then when enough time has gone by and they’ve moved on, | 然后等时间久了 他们慢慢淡忘了 |
[35:39] | We can be together. | 我们就能在一起了 |
[35:41] | How long are we talking about? | 那得多久呢? |
[35:43] | I don’t know. Six months? | 我不知道 或许半年吧? |
[35:45] | Six months? Nobody takes that long to heal anymore. | 半年? 没有人用那么久来抚平创伤的 |
[35:48] | It’s a breakup, not a face-lift. | 这是离婚 不是整容 |
[35:51] | Hey, look, I want us to be together, too, | 嗨,听着,我也想我们能在一起 |
[35:53] | But I also wanna feel good about it. | 但我也想坦荡一些 |
[35:56] | Don’t you? | 你难道不想吗? |
[36:00] | Yeah. I do. | 没错 我也想 |
[36:05] | You’re such a good guy, Carlos. | 你人真好 卡洛斯 |
[36:07] | I really hate that about you. | 我真讨厌你这样 |
[36:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:13] | So… I guess this is it. | 那么…就这么说定了 |
[36:20] | This kiss has to last six months. | 下个吻要等半年 |
[36:23] | You better make it good. | 希望一切顺利吧 |
[36:48] | His guy can fly. My guy freeze. | 他的超人能飞 我的会冷冻 |
[36:55] | Hey, Lynette . | 你好 勒奈特 |
[36:57] | Hey, Judas. | 你好 叛徒(犹大) |
[36:59] | Okay, fine. You’re still angry, | 好吧 好吧 你还在生气 |
[37:00] | But I’m gonna make it up to you. | 但我会补偿你的 |
[37:02] | When they come after that tree house, | 他们来动那个树屋的时候 |
[37:03] | They’re going to have one Susan Mayer chained to it. | 他们肯定会吃我苏珊·梅尔的铁链的 |
[37:06] | Don’t do that. I wanna be sad when they knock it down. – Lynette! | 别那样做 他们把树屋推倒时 我想伤心一下 -勒奈特 |
[37:11] | What? You think you can just walk over here | 怎么 你以为你可以就这么走过来 |
[37:13] | And cute your way out of what you did? | 很轻松地让这件事过去? |
[37:15] | We’re supposed to be friends. – Exactly | 我们应该是朋友才对 – 没错 |
[37:17] | And friends don’t put friends in this kind of position. | 朋友不会把朋友置于这样的境地 |
[37:20] | I love you, but you can’t ask me | 我爱你 但你不能要求我 |
[37:22] | to put your kids ahead of my husband. | 把你孩子放到我丈夫前面 |
[37:24] | No, Parker , that guy doesn’t have freezing… | 不 帕克 你的超人不能冷冻 |
[37:27] | You’re right. I shouldn’t have done that. | 你是对的 我不该那么做的 |
[37:32] | But that tree house is the one place my kids can go | 但树屋是我孩子唯一可以去并且 |
[37:35] | And not hear about body scans and white blood cell counts. | 不用听到全身检查或白细胞之类词语的地方 |
[37:40] | It is their getaway from this horrible thing | 这是他们的逍遥之地 |
[37:44] | That I’ve brought into the house. | 可以逃避一下我给这个家带来的麻烦 |
[37:46] | “brought”? Sweetie, it’s not your fault that you’re sick. | 带来? 亲爱的 你病了不是你的错 |
[37:50] | I know that… Here. But here… | 我知道… 这里… 但是在内心中… |
[37:55] | It feels like i’ve ruined their childhood. | 我觉得我毁了他们的童年 |
[38:00] | Okay, if anybody needs me, | 好吧 如果有需要的话 |
[38:01] | I’ll be at the hardware store buying chains. | 我会去五金店买链条 |
[38:04] | Oh, Jeez. Get over here. | 天哪 来吧 |
[38:07] | Hello there! | 好啊! |
[38:10] | Oh, look, it’s our new queen– Katherine of arrogant. | 噢 瞧啊 那是我们的新女王 傲慢的凯瑟琳 |
[38:14] | Hey, where’s the wrecking ball? | 落锤破碎机在哪呢? |
[38:16] | Actually, I came to tell you the tree house can stay. | 事实上 我是来告诉你 树屋可以保留 |
[38:18] | Oh, My God. That’s great! | 天哪 太好了! |
[38:20] | Yes. If anyone complains, we’ll say | 是的 如果有人要投诉的话 我们会说 |
[38:23] | it was grandfathered in under the previous administration. | 这是前任定下来的规矩 |
[38:29] | Thanks. Why? | 谢谢 为什么? |
[38:33] | Clearly, it means a lot to you, | 很明显 这个对你意义重大 |
[38:34] | And I wanna be a good neighbor. | 我也想做个好邻居 |
[38:38] | Katherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[38:41] | What’s with you? Sometimes you act like an ice queen, | 你这是怎么了? 有时候你冷酷无情 |
[38:43] | And then you do something really nice. | 但有时候你又做一些很好的事情 |
[38:47] | You are one complicated lady. | 你真难以捉摸 |
[38:50] | Well, I’ve had one complicated life. | 我的生活也很难捉摸 |
[39:00] | I’ve had a lot of men in my life, | 我生命中有很多男人 |
[39:02] | But I never let myself fall in love before. | 但我以前从不让自己坠入爱河 |
[39:06] | I thought it was because I didn’t wanna get hurt,But… | 我想这是因为我不想受伤害吧 但… |
[39:09] | Now I know the pain you feel | 现在我知道 受伤害 |
[39:13] | Isn’t the worst part. | 并不是最可怕的 |
[39:16] | It’s the hate. | 最可怕的是仇恨 |
[39:19] | Could you make it out to “cash”? | 你能直接给钱吗? |
[39:37] | Hello, Katherine . | 你好 凯瑟琳 |
[39:38] | You here about the fountain? | 你来处理喷泉的? |
[39:40] | Yes, but don’t worry. There’s no strict deadline. | 是的 但是别担心 没有严格的期限 |
[39:42] | You can… Have it removed at your earliest convenience. | 你可以…在你觉得方便的时候把它搬走 |
[39:47] | Yeah, I don’t think it’s going anywhere. | 我想这喷泉不会去别处 |
[39:50] | Oh, boys, boys, the war’s over. | 伙计们 战争结束了 |
[39:55] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[39:57] | We know all about chicago. | 我们知道在芝加哥的事 |
[39:59] | Come again? | 又来了? |
[40:01] | My ex is on the board of chicago memorial hospital. | 我前男友在芝加哥纪念医院任董事 |
[40:04] | Seems your husband made quite a stir there– | 好像你的丈夫把那里搞得天翻地覆 |
[40:06] | Whole hospital still buzzing about what he did. | 整个医院还在讨论他的所做所为 |
[40:09] | Whatever you heard is a vicious lie– | 你听到的都是流言蜚语 |
[40:12] | Every word of it. | 所有都是谣言 |
[40:16] | Still, it was enough to… Make you leave town, | 这些…也足以让你搬离那里了 |
[40:20] | Which begs the question, do you like living here? | 问你个问题 你喜欢住这儿吗? |
[40:28] | Oh, good. We’re in agreement. The fountain stays. | 好吧 我们达成一致了 喷泉保留 |
[40:33] | Thanks for stopping by, Katherine. | 谢谢你过来 凯瑟琳 |
[40:39] | It’s the same for all of us. | 我们每个人都是这样 |
[40:45] | We try not to get too close | 我们试着不和邻居 |
[40:47] | To the people who live next door. | 保持太亲密的关系 |
[40:51] | It’s easier to give them a polite nod | 见面时礼貌地点点头 |
[40:54] | Than to ask what’s wrong. | 比询问发生了什么事来的更容易 |
[40:58] | It’s safer to keep walking by than to get involved. | 匆匆路过比牵涉其中来的更安全 |
[41:05] | True, we sometimes do get to know the people we share a fence with | 没错 有时候我们能逐渐了解毗邻而居的人 |
[41:10] | and end up lifelong friends. | 并成为一生的朋友 |
[41:15] | But mostly, we keep our distance | 但是大多数时候 我们和邻居保持距离 |
[41:19] | Because we’d rather our neighbors Know nothing about us… | 因为我们宁愿邻居对我们知之甚少… |
[41:29] | Than know too much. | 而不是了如指掌 |