时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Victor made himself perfectly clear. | 维克多表明了心声 |
[00:06] | Whenever I’ve truly wanted something, I’ve always gotten it. | 只要是真心想要得到何物 我从未失手 |
[00:09] | Bree needed to get away. | 布里要避避风头 |
[00:11] | We’re finally taking our honeymoon. | 我们去度蜜月了 |
[00:12] | Susan couldn’t wait to pop the question. | 苏珊等不及发问 |
[00:15] | Will you marry me? | 你会娶我吗 |
[00:17] | Lynette received shocking news. | 勒奈特得知了噩耗 |
[00:19] | You can see this. It could be lymphoma. | 你看这里 可能是淋巴肿瘤 |
[00:22] | Why are you reluctant to make a commit to me? | 你为什么如此不愿对我作出承诺 |
[00:24] | Because I’m not in love with you. | 因为我不爱你 |
[00:25] | Edie… | 而伊迪 |
[00:26] | What if we tried to have a baby? | 要是一起生个宝宝如何 |
[00:29] | engaged in a dangerous deception. | 下险着订立婚约 |
[00:36] | When Gabrielle Solis agreed to marry Victor Lang, | 当加布丽尔·索利斯答应嫁给维克多·朗 |
[00:39] | she was determined to have a very traditional wedding. | 她决定举办一个很传统的婚礼 |
[00:44] | She was even more determined to be a very traditional bride. | 她更想当一个很传统的新娘 |
[00:48] | To that end, the handkerchief in her cleavage was borrowed, | 于是 她乳沟间的方巾是借来的 |
[00:53] | the garter on her leg was blue | 腿上的吊带袜是蓝色的 |
[00:56] | and the diamonds on her ears were old. | 而钻石耳坠也选用了老款 |
[00:59] | But sadly for Gabrielle, something was missing. | 令加布丽尔不悦的是 有件东西却漏了 |
[01:03] | And she was about to throw a traditional fit. | 于是她准备要传统地发作一番 |
[01:09] | It is after three! | 已经过了三点了 |
[01:10] | Where the hell is Bree with my something new? | 布里带着我的新东西去哪了 |
[01:12] | I know her plane landed on time. | 我知道她的航班是准点落地的 |
[01:14] | She’ll probably be here any second. | 她随时都有可能抵达 |
[01:16] | I should have my head examined for agreeing to this. | 我答应此事前就应该好好考虑清楚 |
[01:18] | Who the hell cares about Swiss jewelry anyway? | 谁在乎什么瑞士来的珠宝 |
[01:21] | Gabby, Bree went out of her way to buy you that bracelet. | 加布 布里千里迢迢给你买来手镯 |
[01:25] | Of course it’s the hottest day of the year. | 当然 今天是本年最热的一天了 |
[01:28] | All the guests are out there sweating like pigs. | 外面的宾客都汗如雨下 |
[01:30] | On this rate, my reception’s going to look like | 照这样下去 我的酒会就快变成 |
[01:33] | the finish line of the Boston Marathon. | 波士顿马拉松赛的终点线了 |
[01:35] | If you’re that freaked out, get married without the bracelet. | 你要是这么抓狂 就别戴手镯结婚了 |
[01:38] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[01:39] | Can’t get married without my “something new.” | 我可不能在没有”新物”的情况下结婚 |
[01:42] | Oh, I have an idea. I just got a lipstick yesterday. | 我有个主意 我昨天新买了唇膏 |
[01:46] | You could wear that. | 你戴着这个吧 |
[01:49] | I just paid a makeup artist 500 bucks to do my face. | 我付了500元请化妆师给我化妆 |
[01:52] | Do you think I want to march down the aisle | 你不会以为 我想花着脸膛出去 |
[01:54] | looking like I ate a popsicle? | 像吃了冰棍的一样 |
[01:55] | OK, it’s your big day, so I’m gonna let that slide. | 好吧 今天你最大 我不计较了 |
[01:59] | God, it is ten after, and Bree is never late! | 天哪 都过了10分了 布里从不迟到的 |
[02:02] | Where can she be? | 她能去哪啊 |
[02:06] | All right, that’s it. | 好吧 那这样 |
[02:07] | After I finish zhuzhing my hair, | 等我盘好头发 |
[02:09] | tell the preacher it’s showtime. | 告诉牧师婚礼开始 |
[02:11] | I can’t believe my wedding’s already ruined | 我简直不敢相信我的婚礼已经毁了 |
[02:13] | and it hasn’t even started. | 而且竟然还没开始 |
[02:19] | I am starting to get worried about Bree. | 我有点开始担心布里了 |
[02:22] | Maybe we should call. | 我们应该打个电话 |
[02:23] | Yeah, I’m calling her cell. | 是的 我打她手机 |
[02:29] | – It’s ringing. – Oh, good. | -电话响了 -太好了 |
[02:35] | Bree! | 布里 |
[02:38] | – Hello, ladies. – Is that Bree? | -女士们 你们好 -是布里吗 |
[02:41] | She better not have come empty-handed. | 她最好别空着手进来 |
[02:43] | Oh, I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[02:45] | As promised, Bree had arrived with something new. | 正如其许诺 布里携带新东西而来 |
[02:49] | Holy crap. | 不是吧 |
[02:51] | And she also… brought the bracelet. | 同时她也带来了手镯 |
[03:06] | Family. There is nothing more important. | 家人 没什么比他们更重要了 |
[03:10] | They are the ones we want to laugh with | 有些人让我们在幸福的时光里 |
[03:13] | during the good times. | 与之共欢 |
[03:15] | And the ones we need to console us during the bad. | 也有人在困难的时候 与我们携手共渡 |
[03:20] | And even though the time comes | 即使到了那一刻 |
[03:22] | when they have to leave us… | 他们必须离开我们 |
[03:26] | … their voices still linger in our minds. | 他们的言语却时刻余音绕梁 |
[03:30] | And, sometimes, we can’t help but listen. | 而有时候 我们只有好好听着 |
[03:35] | Tangled web. That’s what you’re weaving. | 你正在编制混乱的关系网 |
[03:39] | Oh, beat it, Mother. | 别烦我 妈妈 |
[03:40] | Really think this scheme of yours is gonna work? | 你真以为借此题能奏效吗 |
[03:43] | Of course it will. Look at him. | 当然可以 瞧瞧他 |
[03:46] | He’s practically in love with me already. | 他其实早就爱上我了 |
[03:49] | That’s because he thinks you’re gonna give him a baby. | 那是因为他以为你要和他一起生孩子 |
[03:52] | Wait till he finds out you’re still on the pill. | 若是等他发现你还在吃避孕药 |
[03:54] | Shut up, would you? | 闭嘴 行吗 |
[03:57] | I just thank the good Lord your father didn’t live to see this. | 我只是感谢上帝 你老爸不用看到这些 |
[04:01] | Well, neither did you! | 你不也是么 |
[04:03] | You died alone in a trailer park watching game shows. | 你在拖车里看着游戏节目秀孤独地死去 |
[04:05] | And why should I listen to you? | 我为什么要听你的 |
[04:08] | ‘Cause I know what’s waiting for you, missy. | 因为我知道你会面临什么 小姐 |
[04:11] | This one’s gonna leave you like all the others. | 他和其他人一样会离开你 |
[04:16] | You’re going to end up old and alone, just like I did. | 你会孤独终老 就像我一样 |
[04:30] | Carlos? Carlos! | 卡洛斯 卡洛斯 |
[04:34] | Down here, babe! | 在楼下 宝贝 |
[04:37] | I’m making you a fruit smoothie. | 我在给你做水果冰沙 |
[04:43] | – Chicken or fish? – What? | -鸡肉还是鱼肉 -什么 |
[04:47] | I haven’t gotten your reply card. Chicken or fish? | 我还没收到你的回复卡 鸡肉还是鱼肉 |
[04:50] | – Oh, right, your wedding. I can’t go. – Why not? | -对了 你的婚礼 我去不了 -为什么 |
[04:54] | I’m a jinx. Look how your last marriage turned out. | 我是厄运 瞧瞧你上一段婚姻是如何收场的 |
[04:57] | Come on, Gabby, we both know it’d be weird if I went. | 拜托 加布 我们都知道我去了会很怪 |
[05:00] | OK, maybe a little. But it’ll be weirder if you don’t. | 好吧 或许是有点 但你不去就更怪了 |
[05:03] | – Excuse me? – Look, everyone knows you living with Edie. | -你说什么 -每个人都知道你和伊迪同居 |
[05:06] | If she shows up alone, | 如果她一个人来 |
[05:07] | people’ll think I asked her not to bring you, | 大家会认为我叫她不要带你出席 |
[05:09] | like it bugs me you guys are together. | 好像我很介意你们俩在一起 |
[05:11] | Well it does. But, you hit the roof when you found out. | 但确实如此 你发现时暴跳如雷 |
[05:14] | Which is why I have to show people that I’m OK with it! | 所以我才要让大家知道我已经无所谓了 |
[05:17] | Please. Just consider it my wedding gift. | 拜托了 就当是送我的结婚礼物 |
[05:21] | OK. But I’m skipping the ceremony. | 好吧 但典礼我就不去了 |
[05:23] | What? And just go to the reception? You can’t do that! | 什么 你只去酒会吗 那可不行 |
[05:26] | Well, I don’t want to make a scene. | 我可不想制造这样的场景 |
[05:28] | You’ll vow “till death do us part,” I’ll bust out laughing, | 你高呼”至死不渝” 而我却笑出声来 |
[05:32] | people will stare… | 大伙看着我们 |
[05:35] | The reception starts at four. | 酒会四点开始 |
[05:41] | I’m thinking a chocolate fountain would | 我在想用巧克力瀑布 |
[05:43] | be a cool centerpiece to a dessert buffet. | 作为甜品自助的中心是很棒的 |
[05:45] | Dessert buffet? We’re having a wedding cake, right? | 甜品自助 我们不是有蛋糕了吗 |
[05:48] | – Isn’t that dessert? – You have to give people a choice. | -那个不算甜品吗 -你得给宾客们有选择才行 |
[05:51] | Don’t you think a chocolate fountain’d be elegant? | 你不觉得巧克力瀑布很雅致吗 |
[05:54] | I don’t know. You, a big white dress, melted chocolate. | 不知道 你穿着白色婚纱 溶化的巧克力 |
[05:58] | Am I the only one hearing alarm bells? | 只有我看到危险性了吗 |
[06:01] | Fine, we’ll skip the chocolate. | 好吧 跳过巧克力 |
[06:03] | How about a champagne fountain? | 改成香槟塔如何 |
[06:05] | Oh, I know. | 我知道了 |
[06:06] | We can make the champagne flow through the ice sculpture. | 我们可以让香槟沿着冰雕滑下来 |
[06:09] | Don’t you think we might be going over the top? | 你不觉得我们太奢侈了吗 |
[06:12] | Mike, these are all fairly standard wedding features. | 麦克 这些都是标准的婚礼配备 |
[06:15] | Now you name one thing that you think is going over the top. | 你说说你觉得哪项最过头了 |
[06:20] | How about the dove wrangler? | 放鸽人那项 |
[06:22] | The doves are not going to release themselves. | 鸽子可不会自己放飞自己的 |
[06:25] | Do we really need 40 of them? | 我们真的要40只鸽子吗 |
[06:27] | OK, I know that you think that I’m being silly, | 我知道你觉得我很傻 |
[06:29] | but all of our friends went to Bree’s wedding, | 但我们所有的朋友都去参加布里的婚礼 |
[06:31] | and now Gabby’s. Two months from now, | 现在又轮到加布 两个月后 |
[06:34] | do we want them thinking ours wasn’t as nice? | 我们难道要给人家留下糟糕的印象吗 |
[06:37] | It seems to me our friends wouldn’t be there to make | 我觉得我们的朋友 才不会进行 |
[06:40] | petty comparisons. | 无趣的攀比 |
[06:41] | They’d be there to celebrate our love. | 他们过来是祝贺我们的爱 |
[06:43] | You would think that, but no. | 你会这么想 但并非如此 |
[06:47] | Come on, this is something that | 拜托 这件事 |
[06:49] | we have both looked forward to for so long. | 我们共同期盼了许久 |
[06:52] | Don’t you want it to be perfect? | 你不希望婚礼完美一些吗 |
[06:54] | Oh, I guess. About the doves, though. | 好吧 但关于鸽子 |
[06:57] | What? | 怎么了 |
[07:00] | You in a wedding gown, 40 birds circling overhead? | 你穿着婚纱 40只鸟在头顶盘旋 |
[07:03] | Again, not liking those odds. | 再次提醒 这不是没可能的 |
[07:09] | Oh, it’s not as bad as it sounds. | 这不像听上去那么糟糕 |
[07:11] | It’s Hodgkin’s Lymphoma | 这是霍奇金淋巴瘤 |
[07:14] | and, apparently, if you’re going to get lymphoma, | 显然 若你们真要得肿瘤 |
[07:17] | that’s the kind you want. | 还是这种要好一些 |
[07:19] | Hey, you want to hold it down up there, kids? | 给我安静点 孩子们 |
[07:21] | I’m trying to talk to your Aunt Lucy! Thank you. | 我在和你们露希阿姨打电话 谢谢 |
[07:24] | Anyway, I know I said that | 不管怎样 我知道我说过 |
[07:26] | we would come and visit you this June, | 我们六月会来拜访你 |
[07:28] | but I’ll be a little woozy and bald from the chemo, so… | 但我那时肯定头昏眼花 还会因化疗而秃头 所以 |
[07:32] | Oh, thanks for understanding. Oh, one more thing. | 感谢你的理解 还有一件事 |
[07:36] | Our insurance policy has a really high deductible, | 我们的医疗保险减了不少 |
[07:40] | so we are strapped financially, | 我们经济上有点困难 |
[07:42] | and I was wondering if maybe you and Dave | 我想问一下 如果可能的话 你和戴夫 |
[07:44] | might be able to… | 或许可以 |
[07:46] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[07:52] | No, I am not asking Mom. | 不 我才不去问妈妈 |
[07:54] | She doesn’t know about any of this, | 她完全不知此事 |
[07:56] | so don’t you tell her, OK? | 所以不要告诉她 知道吗 |
[07:57] | We’ll be fine. I love you. Bye. | 我们会好的 我爱你 再见 |
[08:00] | I take it that’s a no on the loan. | 我就知道问她借钱没门 |
[08:03] | Yep, Dave lost his job at the plant, | 是的 戴夫在厂里丢了工作 |
[08:06] | and he is now handing out fliers | 他现在在一架炸鸡餐厅 |
[08:08] | at a chicken restaurant and, prepare to wince, | 派发传单 而且你别惊讶 |
[08:11] | there is a chicken suit involved. | 还得穿成一只鸡 |
[08:17] | Where are we gonna find this $10,000? | 我们去哪凑这一万美元 |
[08:20] | You leave that to me. | 你让我来处理 |
[08:22] | I want you to focus on getting better. | 我要你好好保养 |
[08:24] | – But honey… – I will find it. | -但宝贝 -我会凑来的 |
[08:26] | Meanwhile, we’ll make some sacrifices around here. | 同时 我们也要做出牺牲 |
[08:29] | My tennis club membership is up this month. | 我的网球俱乐部的会员本月到期 |
[08:31] | I’m not renewing. | 不再续了 |
[08:34] | Should you be playing tennis after your back surgery? | 你背部手术做完后还能打网球吗 |
[08:38] | Probably not. | 应该不能 |
[08:41] | Well, in that spirit, | 基于这一精神 |
[08:43] | as soon as I start chemo, I will be giving up shampoo. | 等我开始化疗后 我就不用洗发水了 |
[08:50] | OK, thanks. Taxi’s here. | 谢谢 出租车来了 |
[08:54] | Are you sure you’re ready to go back? | 你确定准备回去了吗 |
[08:56] | We could wait another week. | 我们可以再等一周 |
[08:58] | And miss Gabby’s wedding? No, I’ll be fine. | 不行 有加布小姐的婚礼 我没事的 |
[09:03] | Is this the dress you were thinking for the ceremony? | 这是你参加典礼时穿的礼服吗 |
[09:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:07] | Oh, good. I’ll fold it in tissue so it doesn’t wrinkle. | 好的 我用纸包好 这样就不会皱了 |
[09:11] | Oh, darling. I don’t deserve you. | 亲爱的 我不值得你这样 |
[09:14] | Oh, come on, we agreed, no more tears. | 拜托 我们说好的 不许再哭了 |
[09:19] | I’m so sorry to be putting you through this. | 让你承受这些 我实在很抱歉 |
[09:21] | I wouldn’t blame you if you ran like hell | 你要是一走了之 再也不回头 |
[09:24] | and never looked back. | 我也不会怪你 |
[09:25] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[09:26] | I’m going to raise this child and love it as if it were my own. | 我会把孩子养大 并视如己出般爱他 |
[09:33] | Now, let’s see a smile. | 我们来笑一个 |
[09:44] | Glad you could join us, Milton. | 见到你很高兴 米尔顿 |
[09:46] | It’s good to get to know you before the wedding. | 在婚礼前认识你真是太好了 |
[09:48] | Thank you. You know, I must say, | 谢谢 我不得不说 |
[09:49] | All these months, | 这几个月来 |
[09:50] | I thought Victor was exaggerating about you | 我觉得维克多把你说得太夸张了 |
[09:52] | but he hasn’t done you justice. | 但他还没给你公正的评价 |
[09:54] | You, my dear, are a flawless beauty. | 亲爱的 你就是个完美无瑕的美人 |
[09:56] | I’m hardly flawless. | 我怎会完美无瑕 |
[09:58] | I’m sure I have a blemish hidden away somewhere. | 我身上肯定有看不到的缺点 |
[10:01] | That’s a search I’d relish. | 那我乐意来挖掘 |
[10:03] | She is way out of your league, Dad. | 老爸 她和你档次差远了 |
[10:05] | Honey, he’s a multimillionaire. | 亲爱的 他是个大富豪 |
[10:08] | He runs my league. | 他决定我的档次 |
[10:10] | By the way, Victor Lang, I ran into Keith Perkinson last week. | 此外 维克多·朗 我上周和金斯·帕金森聊过了 |
[10:13] | – How is the venerable state chairman? – Impressed with you. | -让人尊敬的州议长怎么样 -对你印象不错 |
[10:17] | He liked the way you ran your mayor campaign. | 他喜欢你赢得市长竞选的方式 |
[10:19] | Said if you keep your numbers up, | 他说如果你的支持率上升 |
[10:21] | he might consider supporting you | 他或许会考虑支持你 |
[10:22] | – in the next governor’s race. – Really? | -下一届的州长竞选 -真的吗 |
[10:30] | – What’s so funny? – You’ve got to be kidding, right? | -你笑什么 -你们在开玩笑吧 |
[10:34] | I mean, we just finished a campaign. | 我们刚结束竞选 |
[10:36] | You’re not about to put me through another one. | 你不会再让我经历另一个了吧 |
[10:37] | But I thought you loved campaigning. | 但我以为你喜欢竞选 |
[10:38] | God, no. It’s a complete snore. | 上帝啊 不 实在是太烦人了 |
[10:41] | Pasting a smile on my face | 在你第50次发表演讲时 |
[10:42] | while you say the same speech for the 50th time. | 脸上还要保持僵硬的笑容 |
[10:45] | But you were a natural. People loved you. | 但是你表现自如 大家都喜欢你 |
[10:47] | Well, the feeling wasn’t mutual. | 但我感觉并不如此 |
[10:49] | You think I enjoyed sipping tea with these | 你以为我真的很喜欢与这些 |
[10:51] | frumpy matrons who wore loud poly-blend pantsuits? | 不见世面的穿尼龙套装的老女人一起喝茶吗 |
[10:56] | Do you know how many times I wanted to scream, | 你知道多少次我想大喊吗 |
[10:57] | “Vote for my husband, you colorblind cow!” | “投票给我丈夫吧 你们这些色盲女” |
[11:00] | I think you’ve discovered something | 我觉得你一定发现了 |
[11:02] | very important about democracy. | 民主政治的关键所在 |
[11:04] | The nation is full of fools, and everyone gets a vote. | 这个国家遍地是傻子 但人人都有投票权 |
[11:07] | They’re not gonna get us again. | 但他们不会得逞了 |
[11:09] | I made nice with Fairview, | 我在美景镇可自在了 |
[11:10] | I’m not about to suck up to the whole damn state. | 我才不想去州议会里拍马屁 |
[11:22] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[11:25] | Some guy out in Mount Pleasant’s | 有个住在普莱森山的家伙 |
[11:27] | got a cracked water heater. | 热水器坏了 |
[11:32] | It’s three in the morning. | 现在凌晨三点 |
[11:34] | Well, I started advertising as a 24-hour plumber. | 我打的广告是24小时水管维修 |
[11:38] | After midnight, I get triple time. | 午夜以后 报酬是三倍 |
[11:40] | OK, that’s crazy. | 好吧 太疯狂了 |
[11:42] | You can’t work around the clock. It’s not healthy. | 你不能没日没夜地工作 对身体不好 |
[11:44] | This is the third night I’ve worked this week. | 这是本周第三次出夜工 |
[11:46] | I’m fine so far. | 我还行 |
[11:47] | You’ve been sneaking out while I’ve been asleep? | 我睡着时你一直悄悄溜出去 |
[11:50] | What are you, ninja plumber? | 你是干嘛的 忍者水管工吗 |
[11:52] | It’s just for a little while, to earn some extra money. | 就一会儿 挣些额外的钱 |
[11:59] | Is this about the wedding? | 是不是因为婚礼 |
[12:02] | We agreed we want it to be nice. | 我们都希望婚礼要美满 |
[12:06] | But we didn’t agree on this. | 但我们可没说要这样 |
[12:08] | Maybe I can scale things back a bit. | 或许我可以降低一些预算 |
[12:11] | How? Have a ginger ale fountain? | 如何 用姜味啤酒瀑布吗 |
[12:15] | Make paper doves and hope it’s windy? | 折一些纸鸽子 希望那天刮大风 |
[12:17] | OK, seriously, you don’t have to kill yourself. | 好吧 认真地说 你不用自残 |
[12:21] | I could max out my credit card. | 我可以把信用卡刷爆 |
[12:24] | Is that really how you want to start our life together, in debt? | 你希望我们的生活就这样开始吗 欠着钱 |
[12:28] | No, I want to start out happy. | 不 我希望幸福快乐地开始 |
[12:31] | But clearly, you’re upset, and I don’t know why. | 但很显然 你很焦虑 我不知道为何 |
[12:37] | I’m not Ian. | 我不是伊恩 |
[12:39] | I can’t afford to move you into a mansion | 我没法让你住豪宅 |
[12:41] | or fly you off to Paris. | 带你飞去巴黎 |
[12:43] | But I’ll be damned if I don’t give you | 但如果我连他能给你的 |
[12:45] | the same dream wedding he’d have given you. | 梦中婚礼都给不起 那我就能去死了 |
[12:50] | I’ll see you in the morning. | 明天早上见 |
[13:00] | Where the hell do you get off having cancer | 你为什么得了癌症 |
[13:03] | and not telling me about it? | 都不告诉我 |
[13:05] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[13:06] | How do you think you could handle this without me? | 你凭什么认为没有我 你能挺过来 |
[13:08] | – Stella? – Oh, there’s my Tommy-boy. Come here. | -史黛拉 -我的汤米孩儿 过来 |
[13:14] | Oh, God. | 上帝啊 |
[13:16] | Oh, listen, be a love, will you, honey, | 听着 亲爱的 帮我 |
[13:18] | and get my bags from the cab. | 从出租车里把箱子提过来 |
[13:19] | Bags? She’s staying? | 箱子 她要住下 |
[13:21] | Yep. And do not tip the driver. SOB wouldn’t let me smoke. | 是的 别给司机小费 那混蛋不让我抽烟 |
[13:31] | Jeez, Lynette, I didn’t know you opened a daycare center. | 天哪 勒奈特 我不知道你开了个托儿所 |
[13:34] | Hey, kids, Grandma’s here. | 孩子们 外婆来了 |
[13:40] | OK, what did you tell them about me? | 好了 你对他们说我什么了 |
[13:42] | It’s been five years, Mom. They don’t remember you. | 已经五年了 妈妈 他们不记得你了 |
[13:45] | They’ll remember me this time, I brought presents. | 这回他们一定记得 我带了礼物来 |
[13:48] | Cool! | 真棒 |
[13:49] | For you, and you and you. | 给你的 你的 还有你的 |
[13:55] | These are baby toys. We’re too old to play with these. | 这些是给幼儿玩的 我们玩不了这些 |
[13:57] | I’m too old to remember what the hell six-year-olds like. | 我当然知道六岁的孩子该玩什么 |
[14:01] | – We’re eight! – What do I care? | -我们八岁了 -我才不管 |
[14:04] | – Just say “thank you.” – Thank you. | -说谢谢就行了 -谢谢你 |
[14:08] | Oh, who’s the pretty thing? Your girlfriend? | 这个小可人是谁 你的女朋友吗 |
[14:12] | No! She’s my sister! | 不 她是我姐姐 |
[14:17] | Is that Tom’s little b-a-s-t-a…? | 她是汤姆生的那个小杂… |
[14:20] | OK, kids! Time to get your toys and play upstairs. | 好了 孩子们 快上楼玩吧 |
[14:23] | Come on, sweetie. | 走 佩妮 |
[14:25] | Let’s go, everybody. | 大伙 一起走 |
[14:31] | Listen, I really appreciate you coming to help, | 听着 我真的很感谢你过来帮忙 |
[14:34] | – but as you can see, I’m perfectly fine. – For now. | -但你看到了 我很好 -现在而已 |
[14:37] | How are you gonna handle that mob | 等你开始化疗以后 |
[14:39] | when you’re flat on your ass from chemo? | 你怎么和这些小土匪打交道 |
[14:42] | I’ll manage. | 我能搞定 |
[14:44] | You got through breast cancer | 你得乳腺癌时 |
[14:45] | while raising the three of us alone. | 独自带大了我们三个 |
[14:48] | I was not alone. I had you. | 我可不是一个人 我有你 |
[14:51] | Lynette was all of 13, and she still looked after her sisters, | 勒奈特才13岁大 但她还照看她的妹妹 |
[14:55] | cleaned the house, cooked the meals, | 打扫屋子 做饭 |
[14:57] | and I was curled up in a ball, | 而我就缩成一团 |
[14:59] | puking my guts out. | 吐得不省人事 |
[15:00] | That’s what you get when you mix chemo and vodka gimlets. | 所以你把化疗药水和伏特加鸡尾酒搞混了 |
[15:05] | You can goad me all you like, Lynette. | 随你怎么刺激我 勒奈特 |
[15:08] | I did not come here to fight. | 我可不是来吵架的 |
[15:10] | Now trust me, cookie. | 相信我 宝贝 |
[15:12] | I have memorized the whole catalogue of subjects | 我和你所不能交谈的话题 |
[15:15] | you and I can no longer discuss. | 我记得清清楚楚 |
[15:17] | If that means that | 这就意味着 |
[15:19] | we have to talkabout the weather for three months, then fine. | 我们接下来三个月 都要聊天气 才相安无事 |
[15:22] | But I am staying. | 但我会留下来 |
[15:25] | Now, if you’ll excuse me. | 如果你不介意的话 |
[15:28] | I have to go kick a child out of its room. | 我要赶一个孩子出他的卧室了 |
[15:40] | OK, legs up. | 好了 抬起腿 |
[15:44] | Oh, you want to do it again? | 你还要再做一次吗 |
[15:46] | No. I’ve been doing a lot of research, | 不 我查了许多资料 |
[15:50] | and gravity helps facilitate the sperm reaching the eggs. | 重力可以帮助精子接触到卵子 |
[15:54] | So heave-ho! | 所以 用力 |
[15:57] | Could we try a little light spooning | 你能不能轻轻把我提起 |
[16:00] | before you hang me like a side of beef? | 别把我当牛似的抬起来 |
[16:01] | Edie, we’re trying to have a baby. | 伊迪 我们在造人啊 |
[16:03] | Well, could we be a little less clinical? | 我们简单点不行吗 |
[16:06] | Maybe let nature take its course. | 顺其自然不是挺好吗 |
[16:09] | Nature is not on our side anymore. | 自然已经不属于我们了 |
[16:13] | You’re no spring chicken | 你不是雏鸡 |
[16:15] | and those eggs aren’t exactly farm fresh. | 蛋蛋也不够新鲜 |
[16:17] | OK, stop referring to me as poultry! | 够了 别把我比喻成禽类 |
[16:20] | Sorry. Can we just try this? It’s only for 30 minutes. | 对不起 我们试试行吗 就30分钟 |
[16:24] | 30 minutes! I am not staying in this position for half an hour! | 30分钟 我可不想保持这个动作半小时 |
[16:27] | Listen, I know that this requires some work, | 听着 我知道这不容易 |
[16:30] | but it will all be worth it | 但等我们有了漂亮宝宝后 |
[16:32] | when we have our beautiful, beautiful baby, right? | 这一切都值了 不是吗 |
[16:41] | Right. I guess I could make some sacrifices. | 是的 我想我可以作点牺牲 |
[16:47] | That’s my girl. | 我的乖妹子 |
[16:50] | – Can I get you anything? – Yeah, I’d kill for a beer. | -要给你拿点东西吗 -是的 我要喝啤酒 |
[16:53] | – Sorry. No alcohol. – What? For how long? | -对不起 无酒精 -什么 要多久 |
[16:56] | Just until the baby’s born. Oh, and you stop nursing. | 直到宝宝出生 停止哺乳 |
[17:01] | Don’t worry, I’ll get you a nice herbal tea. | 别慌张 我给你泡杯好茶 |
[17:07] | Just for a few months, while you’re in treatment. | 不就几个月 在你治疗期间 |
[17:10] | We’re gonna have to find someone to watch the kids. | 总得有人来照看孩子 |
[17:13] | No! I am not leaving that woman in charge of our children. | 不 我不会让那个女人来照看我们孩子 |
[17:16] | In three months, the twins will be chain-smoking | 三个月后 双胞胎就成老烟枪了 |
[17:19] | and Penny will be an alcoholic. | 佩妮学会喝酒了 |
[17:21] | We can manage. We’ve got McCluskey. | 我们能行的 我们可以找麦克卢斯基 |
[17:24] | She costs money. Money we won’t have | 她是要钱的 找人替代你的工作 |
[17:25] | if we pay someone to replace you at work. | 我们已经付不起这些钱了 |
[17:27] | You said not to worry about money, | 你叫我别担心钱 |
[17:29] | you’d find it somewhere. | 你会找来的 |
[17:31] | I did. | 我凑到了 |
[17:32] | What? Someone loaned us $10,000? | 什么 有人借给我们一万美元 |
[17:35] | No, gave us. And we can’t thank her by kicking her out. | 不 是给我们 我们不能把她踢走当是谢她 |
[17:40] | No! Tom, you didn’t ask my mother! | 不 汤姆 你怎么能问我妈妈要钱 |
[17:44] | Didn’t have to. | 不用问她要 |
[17:45] | She knew that you hit up Lucy, so she offered. | 她知道你联系过露希 就给我们了 |
[17:47] | – Well, we’re giving it back. – No, we can’t afford to. | -我们还给她 -不 我们还不起 |
[17:51] | Tom, you don’t know half the stuff she did to us. | 汤姆 你不知道她对我们做过什么 |
[17:55] | She would get drunk and smack us around. | 她会喝醉酒 乱打我们 |
[17:58] | She would meet some new guy, | 她会勾搭一些男人 |
[18:00] | and then drop us off at her sister’s for a week | 然后把我们丢在她姐姐家一个礼拜 |
[18:02] | for a week because he wasn’t into kids. | 因为那个家伙不喜欢孩子 |
[18:03] | OK, so she was a crappy mom. | 好吧 她是个蹩脚的妈妈 |
[18:04] | You said yourself that she has mellowed. | 你说过她已经成熟了 |
[18:07] | Now she wants to make amends. | 现在她要做点补偿 |
[18:09] | If you would just try to understand. | 如果你好好想想 |
[18:11] | I think that I’ve been pretty understanding lately. | 我想我最近已经很明白了 |
[18:14] | – What’s that supposed to mean? – I think you know. | -什么意思 -我以为你知道 |
[18:18] | Great, so in the middle of everything I’m dealing with, | 好啊 在我面临这一团糟的时候 |
[18:20] | you’re gonna throw Rick in my face? | 你要把里克搬出来了 |
[18:22] | When someone we love hurts us, if we still love them, | 如果爱人伤害了我们 而我们依然相爱 |
[18:25] | we deal with it and we move on. | 那就会共同面对 向前看 |
[18:29] | If I can do it, so can you. | 如果我可以 那你也可以 |
[18:33] | So forgiving my mother, that’s my penance? | 于是原谅我的母亲 算是我赎罪吗 |
[18:38] | Yeah. I think it is. | 是的 我觉得是 |
[18:54] | You said we weren’t supposed to spend | 你说我们在婚礼前 |
[18:56] | the night before the wedding together. | 不应该在一起过夜 |
[18:57] | Yeah, I was trying to respect tradition, | 是的 我是想尊重传统观念 |
[19:01] | but I got horny. | 但我欲火中烧 |
[19:05] | I guess we’ll have to start the honeymoon early, won’t we? | 我想我们要提前度蜜月了 是吗 |
[19:09] | Let me get rid of this stuff. | 让我把东西拿开 |
[19:11] | What are you working on so late? | 你这么晚在看什么呢 |
[19:13] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[19:16] | Polling data? Why are you polling? The election’s over. | 投票数据 为什么要看投票 竞选结束了 |
[19:19] | Just a little research. God, you look hot. | 就是查看资料 天哪 你太性感了 |
[19:22] | Is this about running for governor? | 是竞选州长的事吗 |
[19:23] | Beacause I told you how I feel about that. | 因为我昨天已经说过我的感受 |
[19:25] | My dad just set up a little exploratory committee. | 我父亲建立了一个可行性委员会 |
[19:29] | – It’s no big deal. – OK, let’s explore it now. | -没什么大不了的 -好吧 那我们探讨一下 |
[19:32] | – Nope. Not gonna happen. – Gabby. | -不 不允许 -加布 |
[19:35] | Victor, ever since we met, | 维克多 自从我们认识起 |
[19:37] | it’s been photo ops and fundraisers, | 不是拍照就是筹款 |
[19:38] | – and I’m sick of it! – I’m a politician. | -我受够了 -我是政治家 |
[19:41] | Do you think I want my career | 你真的希望我的职业生涯 |
[19:42] | to begin and end in the suburbs? | 就在这郊区开始并终结吗 |
[19:44] | Fairview’s home. Don’t want to leave it! | 美景镇是家 我不能离开这里 |
[19:46] | You can’t make this decision without me! | 你不能私自做决定 |
[19:47] | I’m gonna be your wife. | 我是你太太 |
[19:48] | – Exactly! Not my career advisor. – I don’t even get a vote? | -是的 你不是我的职业咨询师 -那我就不能投票了吗 |
[19:51] | – Not if it’s a veto! – OK, look, no! | -否决票就免了 -听我说 不 |
[19:53] | I already married a man who put his career before me, | 我嫁过一个把事业放在我前面的男人 |
[19:56] | and I swore I wasn’t going to again. | 我对天发誓不再这么做了 |
[19:58] | I swore I would not let a stupid woman hold me back! | 我也发誓 我不会让一个蠢女人来控制我 |
[20:06] | That did not come out the way I wanted it to. | 我刚才不是这个意思 |
[20:11] | I’m sorry. I’m sor… I’m really sorry. | 很抱歉 对不起 我真的很抱歉 |
[20:14] | I’ve been under a lot of pressure lately. | 我最近压力太大了 |
[20:16] | Well, here’s one less thing you have to worry about: | 至少有一件事你该担忧起来 |
[20:18] | our wedding. | 我们的婚礼 |
[20:21] | You can’t cancel the wedding. It’s too late. | 你不能取消婚礼 太迟了 |
[20:23] | As far as I’m concerned, it’s just in the nick of time. | 我才不管那么多 现在正是时候 |
[20:39] | Good morning, Gabby. | 早上好 加布 |
[20:40] | God, Milton, the newspaper’s not even here yet. | 天哪 米尔顿 晨报还没来呢 |
[20:43] | I’m sorry it’s so early. I just came to apologize. | 对不起 来太早了 我就是过来道个歉 |
[20:47] | Why? What happened wasn’t your fault. | 为什么 你做错什么了 |
[20:51] | That’s not exactly the case. | 其实也不尽然 |
[20:53] | Is that coffee I smell? | 是咖啡的味道吗 |
[20:59] | You only bolted because Victor wants to be governor. | 你仅仅是因为维克多要做州长而不满 |
[21:02] | He only wants to be governor because of me. | 他想当州长是因为我 |
[21:05] | You only suggested it. | 你只是提议 |
[21:06] | You can’t make him go after something he doesn’t want. | 你无法强迫他做不愿做的事 |
[21:08] | The hell I can’t. | 我当然不行 |
[21:11] | Ever since he was a kid, Victor’s been killing himself | 从小开始 维克多就一直给自己压力 |
[21:14] | trying to live up to his big-shot father. | 想要成为和父亲一样的大人物 |
[21:16] | – He’s desperate for my approval. – Why? | -他渴望获得我的认可 -为什么 |
[21:20] | I suppose because he’s never gotten it. | 我觉得是因为他从未获得过 |
[21:23] | Everything he does, even becoming mayor, | 他所做的一切 即使是成为市长 |
[21:26] | I somehow let him know that it’s not quite enough. | 我都用某种方式让他知道 这还不够 |
[21:29] | Oh, don’t get me wrong, I’m right to push. | 别认为我错了 幸好我给了压力 |
[21:33] | – That’s why he’s so successful. – So, what are you saying, | -所以他才有成就 -那你的意思是 |
[21:37] | I should marry Victor because you’re a withholding father? | 我应该嫁给维克多 因为你是个强迫性的父亲 |
[21:40] | No, I just want you to understand why he does what he does. | 不 我就是想让你知道他为什么要这样 |
[21:45] | Fine. I get it. But why would I want a husband who values | 好吧 我知道了 但我为什么要和一个 |
[21:48] | his father’s opinion more than mine? | 把父亲看得比我重的人结婚 |
[21:51] | Well, he doesn’t really care much what I think anymore. | 他其实现在不在乎我的想法了 |
[21:54] | After you left last night he called me and, what’s the phrase, | 自从你昨晚离开后 他给我打电话 说什么来着 |
[21:58] | “tore me a new one.” | “再找个儿子吧” |
[22:01] | – He did? – He said, because of me, | -他这么说 -他说 由于我 |
[22:04] | he’d lost the best thing that had ever happened to him. | 他失去了他所遇到过的最美好的事 |
[22:06] | And if he couldn’t win you back, | 如果他没法让你回来 |
[22:08] | I could take my money and buy a new son | 我可以拿着钱 重新去买个儿子了 |
[22:11] | because I was never going to be hearing from him again. | 因为我再也听不到他声音了 |
[22:16] | He blew off 80 million? | 他放弃了八千万 |
[22:20] | Well, if he cares about me so damn much, | 如果他这么在乎我 |
[22:22] | why am I not hearing this from him? | 为什么他不直接告诉我 |
[22:26] | I think you’re about to. | 我想快了 |
[22:34] | Is there a back way out of here? | 这里有后门吗 |
[22:53] | Aren’t you going to be late for Gabby’s wedding? | 加布的婚礼你是不是想迟到 |
[22:56] | Oh, weddings are boring. I like to sneak in at the end, | 婚礼很无聊 我喜欢最后悄悄溜进去 |
[22:59] | look teary-eyed and pretend I was there the whole time. | 泛着泪光 好像我一直在场 |
[23:02] | I am going to see you at the reception. | 我到酒会上再见你 |
[23:07] | Oh! Uh, hi, Danny. | 你好 丹尼 |
[23:10] | Carlos, the paper boy’s here! Could you pay him? | 卡洛斯 报童来了 你能付他钱吗 |
[23:13] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[23:17] | Hey. Here you go, Danny. | 给你 丹尼 |
[23:23] | Oh, looks like I’m a little short. | 看起来我钱不够 |
[23:26] | Can I catch you later? | 下次给你行吗 |
[23:28] | No. | 不行 |
[23:31] | All right, hold on. | 好吧 等等 |
[23:46] | – Oh, my God. – What’s that? | -天哪 -那是什么 |
[23:51] | It’s birth control pills. | 这是避孕药 |
[23:54] | I’m gonna need cash. | 我要现金 |
[23:59] | – Welcome home. – I have missed you, sweetheart. | -欢迎回家 -我想死你了 宝贝 |
[24:04] | Here, allow me. | 这个我来 |
[24:07] | Well, hello there, Julie. | 你好 朱莉 |
[24:10] | – You guys are back! – Wow, somebody’s blonder. | -你们回来了 -有人变成金发女郎了 |
[24:14] | Oh, yeah, my mom hates it too. | 是的 我妈妈不喜欢 |
[24:16] | So where’s Danielle? | 丹妮尔呢 |
[24:18] | Well, while we were in Switzerland | 是这样的 我们在瑞士的时候 |
[24:21] | she ran across this boarding school. | 她巧遇了一间寄宿学校 |
[24:23] | She fell in love with it and just insisted that we | 她突然大爱那里 并且坚持要我们 |
[24:26] | let her spend a year abroad. | 同意她再待一年 |
[24:29] | She must be having a good time. | 她一定过得很开心 |
[24:31] | She hasn’t returned any of my phone calls. | 我打的电话 她都没回复 |
[24:33] | Oh, well, you know, her school’s up in the mountains | 是这样的 学校是在山上 |
[24:36] | and her cell phone reception is kind of funky. | 他手机的信号不太好 |
[24:39] | She hasn’t answered my e-mails either. | 她也没有回复我的电邮 |
[24:42] | I am going to call her tonight and have a little talk with her | 我今晚就给她打电话 并好好和她谈谈 |
[24:45] | about common courtesy and I’m sure that you’ll get | 起码的礼貌 我保证你明天早上 |
[24:48] | an e-mail tomorrow morning. | 会收到电子邮件的 |
[24:51] | Well, we should go. | 我们该走了 |
[24:52] | Got to get that bracelet to Gabby before the wedding. | 在婚礼开始前 把手镯拿给加布 |
[24:54] | Well, I’ll see you guys there. Bye. | 那我们那里见 再见 |
[24:59] | – Well, that was uncomfortable. – You have no idea. | -感觉挺不舒服的 -你们也没办法 |
[25:03] | Everyone’s been asking questions. | 每个人都在问 |
[25:05] | This might not be as easy as we’d hoped. | 可能没我们想像中那么容易 |
[25:18] | There. Now you have something new. | 瞧 你终于有新的东西了 |
[25:23] | So how do I look? | 我看上去如何 |
[25:24] | You are now, officially, | 你现在 正式地讲 |
[25:26] | the most beautiful bride that ever lived. | 是世上最美的新娘 |
[25:28] | – Until your wedding, of course. – Nice save. | -在你的婚礼之前 -圆得不错 |
[25:32] | It means so much to me that | 这对我来说太重要了 |
[25:35] | we’re all here together right now. | 我们终于欢聚一堂 |
[25:41] | And break! | 分开 |
[25:44] | Love you. | 我爱你 |
[25:58] | We are gathered here today to join together… | 我们今天欢聚一堂 |
[26:00] | … Victor Lang and Gabrielle Marquez in matrimony. | 见证维克多·朗和加布丽尔·马可兹共结连理 |
[26:04] | An honorable estate not to be entered into lightly, | 毫不轻浮地 虔诚而又庄严地 |
[26:07] | but reverently and soberly. | 进入人生的重要时刻 |
[26:09] | This is a lifetime union, based on love, honor, and trust. | 这是在爱情 荣誉和信任基础上的结合 |
[26:14] | Do you wanna be my new best friend. | 想交个朋友吗 |
[26:16] | Premium scotch. Keep it coming. | 再来一杯威士忌苏格兰 快点 |
[26:19] | You are promising not only to give it to yourself, | 你们宣誓一心一意关爱对方 |
[26:21] | but also to accept each other | 并承诺接受彼此 |
[26:23] | Promising not only to love for today, but to extend that love.. | 你们承诺爱意将天长地久 |
[26:27] | Carlos! I thought you weren’t coming until… | 卡洛斯 我以为你要到 |
[26:30] | Save it! | 解释一下 |
[26:34] | – OK, look, I can explain. – Don’t bother! | -好吧 我可以解释 -你省省吧 |
[26:38] | Your lies were more convincing when I cared. | 你的谎言已经无法让我信服了 |
[26:46] | Carlos! You’ve got to understand! | 卡洛斯 你必须要理解 |
[26:49] | I do want to have a baby with you, just not yet! | 我确实很想和你生孩子 但不是现在 |
[26:52] | I just wanted to give you a chance to fall in love with me first. | 我只是希望你能先爱上我 |
[26:57] | I don’t believe you. And I will never trust you again. | 我不相信你 我再也不会信任你了 |
[27:00] | Well, what was I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[27:01] | You backed me into a corner! | 你把我逼得透不过气 |
[27:03] | And you were gonna bail on us. | 我们的关系遇到了瓶颈 |
[27:05] | I was just trying to save what we had! | 我只是想挽救我们所拥有的幸福 |
[27:08] | Carlos, don’t leave me. | 卡洛斯 别离开我 |
[27:12] | – Please just talk to me. – I am done with you. | -跟我好好谈谈 -我和你完了 |
[27:17] | Carlos! | 卡洛斯 |
[27:19] | Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, | 女士们 先生们 让我们祝福 |
[27:22] | Mr. and Mrs. Victor Lang! | 维克多·朗夫妇 |
[27:24] | I’m sorry! | 对不起 |
[27:38] | Mrs. McCluskey. Enjoy the wedding? | 麦克卢斯基太太 婚礼还不错吗 |
[27:40] | Nice. Very classy. | 很好 棒极了 |
[27:42] | What the hell was that brouhaha between Carlos and Edie? | 刚才卡洛斯和伊迪为啥要哭闹 |
[27:45] | I don’t know and I don’t care. | 我不知道 我也不关心 |
[27:47] | Today I am so filled with love, I can forgive anyone anything. | 今天的我幸福漫溢 我对一切都宽宏大量 |
[27:52] | Oh, but if you do see them again, call security. | 但你要是再见到他们 叫保安 |
[27:56] | So we’re in Zuich and I am sick after breakfast | 因此当时是在苏黎世 早餐后我想吐 |
[27:59] | for the third morning in a row. I thought to myself,”Dear God, | 已经是第三次了 我在想 “上帝啊” |
[28:03] | “I hope I haven’t developed an allergy to chocolate brioche.” | “我不是对巧克力瑞士卷有过敏吧” |
[28:05] | “Life wouldn’t be worth living.” | “这样生活还有何乐趣” |
[28:09] | I said, “That’s it, we’re seeing a doctor.” | 于是我说 “好吧 我们还是去看病吧” |
[28:11] | You could’ve knocked us over with a feather when he said | 当他说她有两个月身孕时 你们无法想像 |
[28:14] | she was two months pregnant. | 我们有多么惊喜 |
[28:16] | I think it’s so great and we could not be happier for you. | 我觉得太棒了 我们太为你们感到高兴了 |
[28:19] | – When’s your due date? – Not until the early fall, | -预产期是什么时候 -应该不会早于入秋前 |
[28:22] | but enough about me. This is your day. You and Victor. | 别再说我了 今天是你的日子 你和维克多 |
[28:25] | Who, by the way, I have not met yet. | 顺便提一句 我还没见过他呢 |
[28:27] | My gosh, that’s right. | 天哪 是呀 |
[28:28] | OK, you stay here, I’m going to go grab him. | 好了 你呆在这里 我去把他抓来 |
[28:32] | It’s so good to be back. | 能够回来太好了 |
[28:35] | I can’t believe how much is happening. | 我无法想像发生了这么多事 |
[28:38] | I mean, you and Gabby getting married, | 你和加布要结婚了 |
[28:39] | and I’m having a baby. | 而我却怀孕了 |
[28:41] | What’s going on with you, Lynette? | 你过得怎么样 勒奈特 |
[28:44] | Nothing. Same old, same old. | 没什么 老样子啊 |
[28:47] | Really? Everything OK, sweetie? | 是吗 一切都好吗 宝贝 |
[28:49] | You haven’t seemed yourself the last couple weeks. | 前几个礼拜都没见到你 |
[28:53] | I’m fine. Everything’s just fine. | 我还好啊 一切安好 |
[28:58] | I’ll tell you this much, I’m exhausted. | 我就说这么多了 心力憔悴 |
[29:00] | I’ll be glad when this day’s over. | 今天结束了就好了 |
[29:02] | Well, it was all worth it. | 但一切都值了 |
[29:05] | Marrying Gabby is the smartest thing you’ve ever done. | 和加布结婚是你做过的最明智的事了 |
[29:08] | Her bringing the Latino vote, | 她会带来拉丁裔的选票 |
[29:10] | the governor’s mansion’s yours. | 州长的宝座指日可待 |
[29:12] | Well, that’s assuming I can change her mind. | 那还得让她改变主意才行 |
[29:14] | Had to make concessions to get her down the aisle. | 为此我也必须做出让步 |
[29:17] | Well, you’re the husband now. The rules have changed. | 你现在是丈夫了 由你说了算 |
[29:20] | Be nice, buy her a few pretty things. | 和言以对 买点好东西给她 |
[29:22] | Trust me, you’ll be able to tame that little spitfire. | 相信我 你能驯服那匹小母驹 |
[29:26] | Not worried. I’ve always been able to manage my assets. | 不用担心 我总是可以管理好我的资产 |
[29:42] | Did you find him? | 找到他了吗 |
[29:45] | No. I’m still looking, but I’ll let you know. | 没有 我还在找 找到就告诉你 |
[29:53] | Movie’s over, amen. | 电影终于完了 阿门 |
[29:58] | Go out and play. Go on. Out. | 出去玩吧 去吧 出去 |
[30:06] | They’re just gonna go play guns. | 他们肯定玩枪去了 |
[30:07] | Can I watch another movie? | 我能再看一部电影吗 |
[30:10] | Lynette said one was the limit and she’ll be home soon. | 勒奈特只让看一部 她马上回来了 |
[30:13] | No, she won’t. | 不 不会 |
[30:14] | Whenever they go out to a party | 每次他们出去参加派对 |
[30:16] | they always come home at least an hour later | 回来得都比事先说的时间 |
[30:18] | than they say they will. | 至少晚一个小时 |
[30:20] | Aren’t you an observant little monkey. | 你这个观察细致的鬼灵精 |
[30:25] | Tell me, sweetie, | 说说看 小鬼 |
[30:28] | would you know anything about a man named Rick? | 你知道一个叫里克的人吗 |
[30:32] | Yeah, I know Rick. | 是的 我知道里克 |
[30:34] | My daddy and Lynette had a big fight about him. | 老爸和勒奈特还因为他大吵了一架呢 |
[30:37] | Really? | 是吗 |
[30:39] | Sounds like there’s, maybe, a little story there. | 看来这里面大有文章啊 |
[30:43] | If I tell you, could I watch a really good grown-up movie? | 告诉你的话 能让我再看一部精彩成人电影吗 |
[30:50] | If it’s a really good grown-up story. | 前提是你的成人故事够精彩 |
[30:56] | OK, I got you some appetizers to tide you over. | 我给你拿了些开胃菜提提神 |
[30:58] | We have mini-quiches and beef satay | 有乳蛋饼 沙爹牛肉 |
[31:01] | and something called Crystal Coast shrimp with grits, | 还有些叫玉米粉拌水晶海岸虾的玩意儿 |
[31:04] | but it’s mostly grits | 但大多是玉米粉啦 |
[31:05] | because I ate all the shrimp on my way over. | 因为虾肉在我拿过来时被我偷吃完了 |
[31:07] | Mike? | 麦克 |
[31:22] | Reverend, that was such a beautiful ceremony. | 牧师 仪式真是美极了 |
[31:26] | Really just heartfelt and moving. The whole package. | 整个过程真是动人心弦 感人肺腑 |
[31:29] | – Well, thank you. – It was really impressive. | -谢谢 -真让人难以忘怀 |
[31:31] | So, what are you doing tonight? | 那你今晚有空吗 |
[31:43] | Carlos. I didn’t know you were in here. | 卡洛斯 你怎么在这里 |
[31:46] | I got a little thirsty. | 我有点口渴 |
[31:48] | Yes, I can see that. | 是 看出来了 |
[31:53] | Gaby, I am sorry if I ruined your wedding. | 加布 若搅乱了你的婚礼 我道歉 |
[31:58] | But if it’s any consolation, I also ruined my life. | 说点让你好受的 我也毁了自己的生活 |
[32:03] | What are you talking about? | 胡说什么呢 |
[32:05] | A couple years ago I was totally happy. | 几年前我的生活美满幸福 |
[32:09] | I had a home, you, a great career. | 有家 有你 事业有成 |
[32:13] | And I don’t understand how I let it all go to hell. | 我不明白我是怎么失去这一切的 |
[32:18] | And now, here I am, back at square one. | 而现在 我又回到了原点 |
[32:23] | I really blew it. | 搞砸了一切 |
[32:30] | What am I doing? | 我在干什么呢 |
[32:32] | I shouldn’t be dumping this on you. | 不该向你吐这些苦水的 |
[32:34] | It’s your wedding day. Go to Victor. | 今天是你的新婚之日 去找维克多吧 |
[32:38] | I’m going to stay right here… | 我还要在这待会儿… |
[32:50] | Well, I don’t know how you did it. | 不知道你干了什么 |
[32:52] | The kids are asleep. | 孩子们都入睡了 |
[32:53] | The cough syrup hasn’t been touched. | 止咳糖浆却碰都没碰 |
[32:55] | Boy, you’re just waiting for an excuse to give me the boot. | 孩儿 你不就是在等机会要踢我出局吗 |
[33:00] | Well, if history’s any indicator, I won’t have to wait long. | 前车之鉴 估计我不用等太久 |
[33:05] | So you don’t think people can change? | 你觉得人们不会改过自新吗 |
[33:07] | I think, at a certain point, people just are who they are. | 我觉得是江山易改 本性难移 |
[33:14] | Well, I think people can change. | 我想人们是会变的 |
[33:17] | Now take you. You were the perfect wife and mom. | 拿你来说 本是贤妻良母一个 |
[33:22] | Then along came Rick. | 直到里克出现 |
[33:27] | – How did you…? – Come on, Lynette. | -你怎么… -得了吧 勒奈特 |
[33:30] | You kids’re young when I was sneaking around on glamor, | 我当年出轨的时候你们还小 |
[33:32] | but you knew something was up. | 不也照样有所察觉 |
[33:36] | – You heard about this from my kids? – Just the girl. | -你从孩子那里套的话 -小姑娘那儿 |
[33:39] | And all she knows is that, | 她只知道 |
[33:41] | “Daddy got mad because Rick liked you.” | “因为里克喜欢你 老爸很不爽” |
[33:47] | Nothing happened between me and Rick. | 我跟里克之间什么都没有 |
[33:50] | Yes, he came on to me, but unlike you, | 是的 他对我动了情 但不像你 |
[33:53] | I controlled myself. | 我管住了自己 |
[33:54] | Well, you had Tom to come home to. | 可你回家有汤姆等着你 |
[33:58] | I had your stepfather. | 我只有你的继父 |
[34:00] | Hey, Glen may have bored you, | 格伦是有点无趣 |
[34:02] | but the years we had a father | 但有父亲关爱的那些日子 |
[34:03] | in that house were the happiest of my life. | 却是我一生中最幸福的时刻 |
[34:05] | You didn’t care about that though,did you? | 你当然不会在乎这些 不是吗 |
[34:07] | You just drove him away. | 你只管要赶他走 |
[34:09] | And you couldn’t wait to pay me back! | 所以你等不及要报复我了 |
[34:14] | Do you remember what you said the next year? | 你还记得第二年你说的话吗 |
[34:16] | When I got sick? | 我生病那会儿 |
[34:18] | – No, I don’t. – Liar. | -不记得了 -你撒谎 |
[34:22] | You said I earned it. | 你说我罪有应得 |
[34:24] | It was God’s punishment. | 那是上帝的惩罚 |
[34:28] | How are you feeling now, Lynette? | 你现在作何感想呢 勒奈特 |
[34:31] | You think you’re being punished? | 你也受到上帝的惩罚了么 |
[34:36] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说 |
[34:38] | You were so sanctimonious. | 你真是个伪君子 |
[34:41] | You could not imagine what | 想当年你无法想象 |
[34:42] | sort of woman could do that kind of thing. | 什么女人会做出那档子事来 |
[34:45] | Not so hard to imagine now, is it? | 现在不难想象了 是吗 |
[34:48] | Stop comparing us. I never did what you did. | 别拿我跟你比 我没重蹈你的覆辙 |
[34:52] | No, you just wanted to. | 可是你想 |
[34:56] | You’re leaving tomorrow. I don’t want your money. | 你给我明天就走 你的钱我一分都不要 |
[35:00] | I don’t want you in my house. | 我不想在家里再看到你 |
[35:02] | Hey! You are sick, Lynette. | 你病了 勒奈特 |
[35:05] | You think you know what you’re in for | 你以为你见证我渡过难关 |
[35:07] | ’cause you watched me go through it? | 就能挺过即将到来的痛苦吗 |
[35:09] | Watching it is nothing. | 见过不等同于体会 |
[35:12] | You’re gonna feel worse than you thought a person’d feel, | 你将经受的切肤之痛难以想像的 |
[35:16] | and I’ll be holding your hand through every damn minute. | 而我会紧握你的手 支撑你捱过每分每秒 |
[35:22] | You can’t stay if I don’t want you here. | 我不想你在这 你是待不下去的 |
[35:25] | You can fight me or you can fight the cancer. | 你要和我斗 还是和癌症斗 |
[35:29] | Trust me, you won’t have the strength to do both. | 相信我 你不可能双赢的 |
[35:47] | Andrew, do young people still say “Awesome”? | 安德鲁 现在年轻人还说”帅呆了”吗 |
[35:51] | Not so much. Try “Off the hook.” | 不怎么说了 试试”酷毙了” |
[35:54] | “Off the hook”? That doesn’t make sense. | “酷毙了” 说得通吗 |
[35:57] | Fine. Type in “Groovy.” See if I care. | 好吧 那就”绝妙的” 又不关我事 |
[36:05] | Hello. Hodge residence. | 你好 霍吉家 |
[36:07] | Oh, hi, Danielle. | 你好 丹妮尔 |
[36:09] | Listen, I am sending Julie Mayer an e-mail from you. | 我正在以你的身份 给朱莉·梅尔发电子邮件 |
[36:12] | Now would you say that your school was “off the hook”? | 你会不会说你的学校”酷毙了” |
[36:16] | No. I would say it was “Sucky,” | 不 我倒是会说”巨烂” |
[36:18] | or “Crappy,” Or “A freaking nightmare.” | “巨无聊” 或者”噩梦般” |
[36:22] | If you’re still gonna complain, I’m going to hang up. | 你再继续抱怨我就挂电话了 |
[36:24] | Mom, you have got to talk to the nuns. | 老妈 拜托你跟修女们说说 |
[36:27] | They are so harsh with me. | 她们太严厉了 |
[36:28] | And they have all these stupid rules. | 还有一堆死规矩 |
[36:30] | Well, perhaps some of the rules had been in place | 跟伊迪的外甥约会时 |
[36:33] | when you took up with Edie’s nephew, | 你如果能规矩点儿 |
[36:34] | you might not be in this pickle. | 你就不会沦落到今天了 |
[36:36] | Mom, please, I just want to come home. | 老妈 求你了 我想回去 |
[36:39] | Look, I am gonna say this one last time. | 听着 我最后再说一遍 |
[36:41] | You are gonna stay put until that baby is born. | 孩子生下来前 你都给我老实待那儿 |
[36:45] | Now, don’t forget, we’re driving up this weekend | 别忘了 这周末我们会过来 |
[36:47] | and I am bringing your favorite, lemon squares. And… | 我会带上你最爱吃的柠檬饼干 还有 |
[36:53] | – Darling, can I draw you a bath? – Oh, that would be lovely. | -亲爱的 伺候你洗澡去 -那太好了 |
[37:01] | Oh, would you give me a hand, please? | 来帮帮我行吗 |
[37:08] | There you go. | 好了 |
[37:13] | It’s almost the time for the six-month size. | 快要换上6个月大的尺寸了 |
[37:16] | Oh, don’t remind me. | 别再提醒我了 |
[37:21] | No. No, it’s no problem. I can fix that for you. | 不 不 没问题 我能修好 |
[37:24] | Just give me your name and address. | 给我名字和住址就行 |
[37:27] | I’m Mrs. Emmeline Walcott and I’m at 42 Old Mill Road. | 我是埃米琳·沃尔科特夫人 住在老磨坊路42号 |
[37:31] | I’ve got to stop and pick up a Douglas valve, | 我得顺路去买个道格拉斯阀 |
[37:34] | but I should be there in 45 minutes tops. | 估计最多45分钟内能到那 |
[37:40] | I hate to see you drive when you’re this tired. | 真讨厌看到你受累开车出门 |
[37:43] | There’s some iced coffee in the fridge. | 冰箱里有冻咖啡 |
[37:46] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[37:48] | See you when I get back. | 回见 |
[37:59] | – You were great. – Did you all ever doubt I would be? | -你太棒了 -这还需要怀疑吗 |
[38:02] | Just hurry up and get dressed. | 赶紧穿衣打扮 |
[38:03] | – We only have 45 minutes! – OK. | -我们只有45分钟 -好 |
[38:20] | Are you Mike? | 你是麦克吧 |
[38:22] | Yeah. I’m looking for a Mrs. Walcott’s house. | 是 我在找沃尔科特夫人家的房子 |
[38:24] | You’ve come to the right place. Here, put this on. | 你找对地方了 来 穿上这个 |
[38:35] | You mind telling me what Susan’s up to? | 能告诉我苏珊在打什么主意吗 |
[38:38] | Ask her yourself. | 自己问她吧 |
[38:57] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[39:00] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[39:02] | I don’t want you to look back | 我不想让你将来回忆往昔 |
[39:04] | and regret not having your perfect wedding. | 后悔没能有个完美的婚礼 |
[39:07] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 不知道你注意到没 |
[39:09] | but my idea of a perfect wedding keeps changing. | 我对于”完美婚礼”的定义一直在变呢 |
[39:13] | One day I want white roses and then I want lilies. | 今天我要白玫瑰 明天又换成百合了 |
[39:17] | First I want a harpist and then a string quartet. | 起先我想听竖琴 后来又想听弦乐四重奏了 |
[39:21] | Only one thing stays constant… | 而唯一想要的 又没变的那个 |
[39:25] | …and I’m looking at him. | 我正看着他在 |
[39:31] | Why’d I need anything else to make my wedding perfect? | 完美的婚礼有你就足矣 |
[39:38] | Well, who knew downsizing could be so romantic? | 原来精简还能变得如此浪漫 |
[39:45] | Mrs. Walcott, I presume? | 我想你就是沃尔科特夫人吧 |
[39:47] | That’s right, sugar. | 是的 帅哥 |
[39:50] | You might want to check that breast pocket of your suit. | 你掏掏西服的内袋看看 |
[40:01] | Just so you know, you’ll be paying for those | 如你所知 这些还有灯光和鲜花 |
[40:04] | and the lights and the flowers. | 都记你账上 |
[40:09] | I’ve never seen you look so beautiful. | 我从未觉得你如此美丽 |
[40:13] | You clean up pretty good yourself. | 你也挺帅的 |
[40:25] | Are we ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[40:27] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[40:28] | They’ve been dragging this out for three years. | 他们都快拖了三年了 |
[40:37] | We are gathered here today to join together | 我们今天欢聚一堂 见证麦克·德尔非诺 |
[40:40] | Mike Delfino and Susan Mayer in matrimony. | 和苏珊·梅尔共结连理 |
[40:43] | An honorable estate not to be entered into lightly, | 毫不轻浮地 虔诚而又庄严地进入 |
[40:47] | but reverently and soberly. | 人生的重要时刻 |
[40:53] | Family. There is nothing more important. | 家人 没什么比他们更重要了 |
[40:59] | They are the ones who show up when we’re in trouble. | 他们在我们陷入困境时 出手相助 |
[41:04] | The ones who push us to succeed. | 助我们走向成功之路 |
[41:11] | The ones who help keep our secrets. | 替我们严守秘密 |
[41:18] | But what of those who have no family to rely on? | 然而那些没有至亲可以依靠的人们 |
[41:26] | What happens to those poor souls, | 他们在无助时仍然无依无靠 |
[41:30] | who have no loved ones to help them in their hour of need? | 他们悲悯的灵魂将何去何从 |
[41:36] | Well, most learn to walk life’s road by themselves… | 大多数人学会孤独地走完人生 |
[41:45] | … but a sad few of us… | 而悲剧的人生 |
[41:50] | … simply stop trying. | 只能弃甲负弩 |