时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – My back. I threw it out. – Jeez, are you crying? | -我的背啊 扭到了 -你在哭吗 |
[00:06] | Just a little. | 有一点啦 |
[00:07] | Edie got an unexpected visitor… | 伊迪家来了个不速之客 |
[00:09] | Remember my little boy? | 记得我儿子吗 |
[00:10] | I didn’t know your son was coming for a visit. | 我不知道你儿子突然来看你啊 |
[00:12] | His father dumped him for four weeks. | 他爸爸把他甩这儿呆四周 |
[00:14] | Gaby became the object of Victor’s desire. | 加布成了维克多的新目标 |
[00:17] | Have you not noticed? I’m a catch. | 你不觉得 我是个猎手吗 |
[00:19] | I have noticed, and I’m throwing you back. | 我看出来了 但我没上你贼船 |
[00:22] | And as Mike struggled to recall his past, | 而当麦克努力回想往昔时 |
[00:24] | Ian’s jealousy spurred him to action. | 伊恩的嫉妒心使他先发制人 |
[00:28] | – Will you be my wife? – Yes! | -愿意嫁给我吗 -我愿意 |
[00:35] | God, I’m so nervous. | 天啊 我好紧张 |
[00:37] | Don’t be. They’re going to adore you as much as I do. | 不用紧张 他们会和我一样喜欢你的 |
[00:40] | Oh, thanks. I needed to hear that. | 谢谢 我正需要鼓励 |
[00:42] | Ah, darling, thorns. | 亲爱的 有刺 |
[00:44] | Oh! I’m… I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[00:47] | If there was one thing Ian Hainsworth was sure of, | 要说这世上伊恩·海恩斯沃斯 完全确定的一件事 |
[00:51] | it was that his love for Susan Mayer was indestructible. | 那就是他对苏珊·迈尔的爱 是不可摧毁的 |
[00:56] | He knew this because it had been tested again… | 这一认知已经经过一次 |
[01:01] | …and again… | 又一次 |
[01:04] | …and again. | 再一次的考验 |
[01:07] | Still, Ian had found a way to forgive Susan | 伊恩还是原谅了苏珊 |
[01:11] | her occasional lack of grace. | 偶尔的不雅 |
[01:13] | Oh, here they come. | 他们来了 |
[01:16] | The question now on his mind was, | 现在他想的问题是 |
[01:19] | would his parents be able to do the same? | 他父母会不会一样宽容 |
[01:23] | Father. | 父亲 |
[01:25] | This is my fiance, Susan. | 这是我未婚妻 苏珊 |
[01:26] | These are my parents, Graham and Dahlia. | 这是我父母 格拉汉姆和达莉雅 |
[01:28] | Delighted. | 太荣幸了 |
[01:30] | You weren’t exaggerating, she’s a vision. | 你一点也不夸张 她真是美人 |
[01:32] | It’s so great to finally meet both of you. | 终于见到你俩 真是太好了 |
[01:34] | – Oh, this is for you. – Careful, Mother. | -这送给你 -小心 母亲 |
[01:38] | – Thorns. – Ian, I know how to hold a rose. | -有刺 -伊恩 我知道如何手持玫瑰 |
[01:42] | Yes, of course, of course. I just didn’t want Susan to… | 那当然 我只是不想苏珊 |
[01:47] | You’re right, sorry. | 你说得对 对不起 |
[01:48] | – Anyone hungry? – Yes. | -有人饿了吗 -是的 |
[01:52] | So one puts the meat atop the burning coals? | 把肉放在木炭上直接烤吗 |
[01:55] | How wonderfully primal. | 好美妙的原生态 |
[01:57] | Yes, I’ll feel like some gloriously rough-hewn cowgirl, | 我觉得自己像是快乐的荒野女牛仔 |
[02:01] | enjoying her… | 享受着 |
[02:03] | What’s the word? Vittles? | 怎么说来着 储粮 |
[02:05] | – No, that can’t be right. – No, it is. It’s “vittles”. | -不 不是那么说的 -是那么说没错 |
[02:05] | null | “vittles” 该词也有脏话的引申意 |
[02:09] | So can I get you something to drink? | 给你来点喝的吗 |
[02:10] | I’d adore just a thimble of gin. | 我想喝一小杯杜松子酒 |
[02:13] | Oh, no. You stay, darling. I can manage. | 亲爱的 你呆着吧 我去拿 |
[02:20] | It seems to be going rather well. Touch wood. | 进行得挺顺利的 时来运转 |
[02:23] | -Were you worried? – Oh, you know. | -你很担心吗 -你懂的 |
[02:24] | Introducing one’s fiance to one’s parents is a bit fraught. | 把未婚妻介绍给父母总是有点担心的 |
[02:27] | You don’t have to tell me. | 你不提我也知道 |
[02:29] | The first time I met Dahlia’s parents was | 我第一次见达莉雅的父母 |
[02:31] | a complete disaster. | 完全是灾难啊 |
[02:32] | We were at tea and there was this plate of small cakes, | 当时我们在喝茶 点心都放在小碟里 |
[02:36] | and as I offered one to her mother, | 我给她妈递了过去 |
[02:37] | I tipped the plate, and plop! | 结果打翻了 咚一声 |
[02:39] | A scone fell right into her Ladyship’s teacup! | 一块烤饼正好掉进夫人的茶杯里 |
[02:43] | Earl Grey everywhere! | 伯爵茶洒得到处都是 |
[02:44] | On the cloth, her mother’s skirt… | 桌布上 夫人的裙子上 |
[02:46] | You must have been mortified. | 你肯定窘迫得很 |
[02:48] | Oh, I was. It was an absolute debacle. | 是啊 绝对是一场灾难 |
[02:52] | Um, guys? | 各位 |
[02:54] | Uh, don’t worry. She’s all right. | 别担心 她人没事 |
[02:58] | Yes, Ian Hainsworth knew | 是的 伊恩·海恩斯沃斯知道 |
[03:01] | his love for Susan was indestructible. | 他对苏珊的爱是不可摧毁的 |
[03:05] | Unfortunately for his mother, chiffon was not. | 可惜的是 他妈妈的雪纺绸并非如此 |
[03:52] | In every housewife’s closet, | 每个家庭主妇的衣柜里 |
[03:55] | there’s a treasured article of clothing | 都有一件宝贝衣服 |
[03:57] | that she refuses to part with. | 是她不想割舍的 |
[04:00] | It might be an old cheerleader uniform | 也许是一件旧拉拉队服 |
[04:03] | that symbolizes her youth. | 象征着她的青春 |
[04:06] | Or the last bikini she wore before she had children. | 或是生孩子前穿过的最后一件泳装 |
[04:12] | Or a pair of expensive pants, | 又或是一条很昂贵的裤子 |
[04:15] | she prays will come back in style. | 她祈祷能再度引领潮流 |
[04:18] | But for Gabrielle Solis, | 但对于加布丽尔·索利斯来说 |
[04:21] | every piece of clothing was a treasure. | 每件衣服都是珍宝 |
[04:23] | Carefully selected, beautifully maintained, | 精心挑选 妥善安置的 |
[04:27] | and utterly irreplaceable. | 不可替代的珍宝 |
[04:37] | Can’t believe you bought another bustier. | 不敢相信你又买了件性感内衣 |
[04:40] | I know, I shouldn’t shop for lingerie when I’m horny. | 我知道 我饥渴的时候是不该去买内衣 |
[04:42] | It’s like buying groceries when hungry. | 跟饥饿时买吃的一样 |
[04:44] | In a slump, huh? How long’s it been? | 最近不走桃花运吧 多长时间了 |
[04:47] | About three weeks and I am dying. | 快三个星期了 我都要死啦 |
[04:50] | I am this close to seducing my gardener. | 差点就要勾引我家园丁了 |
[04:52] | Been there, done that. | 这事我早干过了 |
[04:53] | That scrumptious teenager of yours. Hey, do you think… | 你那个可口少年啊 你觉得 |
[04:57] | – He’s married. – Mmm. Damn. | -他结婚了 -可恶 |
[05:00] | How about that Victor Lang? Have you two…? | 维克多·朗呢 你们俩 |
[05:03] | No. God, no. | 不 天哪 没有 |
[05:05] | In fact, I think I’m dumping him after dinner tonight. | 其实我想今晚吃完饭就把他甩了 |
[05:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:08] | He’s rich, he’s gorgeous, he’s probably going to be mayor. | 他有钱又帅 还很可能要当市长 |
[05:10] | I mean, what more do you want? | 你还想要什么样的啊 |
[05:12] | I don’t know. He’s just too arrogant. | 我不知道 他太自大了 |
[05:14] | He acts like I’m some trophy he’s already won. | 他把我描绘得像个已得手的战利品 |
[05:17] | It’s infuriating. | 让人不爽 |
[05:18] | Yeah, that’s awful. Can I do him? | 那确实是 我能上他吗 |
[05:20] | Oh, stop it. You cannot be that hard up. | 别这样 你不至于这么饥渴吧 |
[05:23] | Did I mention my gardener’s 62? | 刚才说了我的园丁已经62岁了吗 |
[05:27] | What the hell is this? | 这怎么回事 |
[05:35] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[05:45] | No! | 不 |
[05:54] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[05:56] | – Where’s your uniform? – Oh, crap. I left it at home again. | -你的制服呢 -糟了 又忘在家里了 |
[06:00] | Yeah, I figured you would. Again. That’s why… | 我早料到了 所以 |
[06:05] | I pulled an extra one from the back. | 我从仓库拿了一件新的 |
[06:08] | Thanks. Are you sure it’s the right… | 谢谢 你确定是我的… |
[06:10] | Yep. Your size. | 对 是你的号 |
[06:13] | Listen, I was thinking. | 我在想 |
[06:16] | Wouldn’t it be better if the staff wore a uniform, | 餐厅职员身着制服 |
[06:19] | and you and I wore regular clothes? | 而我俩穿便服 不是更好吗 |
[06:20] | That way, it’s like, | 那样就像 |
[06:21] | “Hi, welcome to Scavo’s. We’re the Scavos.” | “欢迎光临斯加沃 我们就是斯加沃夫妇” |
[06:24] | Yeah, but I like wearing the uniform. | 没错 但我喜欢穿制服 |
[06:26] | And when you don’t, it looks like we all work for you. | 你要不穿的话 好像我们都是给你打工的 |
[06:30] | Oh, good point. OK, here’s another good point. I hate orange. | 有道理 还有一个好理由 我讨厌橙色 |
[06:33] | Since when? | 什么时候开始 |
[06:35] | Since always. You know my closet. | 一直都讨厌 你知道我的衣柜 |
[06:36] | Surely you’ve noticed I don’t own anything orange. | 肯定有注意到没一件是橙色的 |
[06:39] | No. I hadn’t…. | 不 我并没有… |
[06:40] | Orange says, “Beware. Something bad’s going to happen.” | 橙色等于”注意 坏事来了” |
[06:43] | That’s why it’s used for life vests, | 所以救生衣 |
[06:44] | traffic cones and convicts. | 交通路标 囚衣的颜色都是橙色 |
[06:46] | – Lynette. – Also, it washes me out completely. | -勒奈特 -还有这色彩让我脸色显得苍白 |
[06:50] | You’re wearing the uniform. | 老实穿制服吧 |
[06:54] | Are you speaking as my husband or as my boss? | 你这是丈夫还是老板的语气 |
[06:58] | Definitely your boss. | 当然是老板 |
[07:00] | Your husband, too damn scared of you. | 你丈夫可是怕死你了 |
[07:06] | As well he should be. | 应该的 |
[07:08] | As Edie walked home, | 在伊迪步行回家的路上 |
[07:11] | all she could think of was her non-existent love life… | 她的无爱生活在脑中徘徊不去 |
[07:14] | Pass it to me, Carlos! | 传给我 卡洛斯 |
[07:15] | … and how much she wanted back in the game. | 还有她想要重返情场的急切心情 |
[07:19] | It was just then she saw someone | 就在此时 她看到了一个 |
[07:23] | she might like to play with. | 想勾搭的人 |
[07:32] | Did you see that, Edie? The kid’s looking good, huh? | 看见没 伊迪 这孩子打得很不错吧 |
[07:35] | – Mm, looking real good. – Can we play another game? | -很不错 -我们还能再来一次吗 |
[07:38] | No, it’s lunch time. You go wash up. | 不行 该吃午饭了 快去洗洗手 |
[07:40] | – Bye, Carlos. – Bye. | -再见 卡洛斯 -回见 |
[07:42] | You have been so great with Travers. | 你跟崔沃斯处得真好 |
[07:44] | Let me take you out for steak tonight. | 今晚我请你吃牛排吧 |
[07:46] | You don’t have to pay me back. | 你不用报答我啊 |
[07:48] | I’m having more fun than he is. | 我比他玩得还尽兴呢 |
[07:50] | Well then, we’ll just have to arrange for another play date. | 那就再安排你们玩一次吧 |
[07:55] | Any time. | 随时奉陪 |
[08:03] | – Look who’s back. – Yes, let’s try this again, shall we? | -看谁回来了 -咱们再来一次 好吗 |
[08:07] | – I am so sorry about… – Please! Not another word. | -我很抱歉 -别提啦 |
[08:10] | Chiffon at a barbecue? I was asking to be immolated. | 穿雪纺绸来吃烧烤 完全自找麻烦啊 |
[08:15] | – Drink with dinner, Mother? – Oh, God, yes. | -喝点酒吗 母亲 -当然要来点 |
[08:17] | Not that chair. That’s the wobbler. | 别坐那张椅子 那个不稳 |
[08:20] | I’m saving up for a new set. Sit here. | 我正存钱买新的呢 坐这吧 |
[08:25] | Ian tells us you have a young daughter. | 伊恩说你还有个女儿 |
[08:27] | Won’t she be joining us? | 她不一起吃吗 |
[08:29] | Julie? No, she’s at her father’s this weekend. | 朱莉吗 不 她这个周末在她爸那过 |
[08:34] | Is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[08:36] | Well, it’s just that Ian told us that | 只是伊恩告诉我们 |
[08:38] | your husband had been gone for years. | 说你丈夫已过世多年 |
[08:40] | We assumed you were a widow. | 我们以为你是寡妇呢 |
[08:42] | No, Karl’s alive and kicking…sadly. | 可惜 卡尔还活蹦乱跳呢 真可惜 |
[08:47] | So you’re a divorcee? | 这么说你是失婚女啊 |
[08:52] | What happened? Did he beat you? | 为什么离婚 他打你吗 |
[08:54] | No. Of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[08:56] | She had ample grounds, Mother. | 她有充分的理由 母亲 |
[08:58] | Karl was a shameless womanizer. | 卡尔是个不知廉耻的花花公子 |
[09:00] | – So it was just adultery? – Just adultery? | -只是搞外遇啊 -只是外遇 |
[09:04] | To my way of thinking, men are, by nature, weak. | 在我看来 男人天性软弱 |
[09:08] | I think Graham will back me up on that. | 格拉汉姆肯定会支持我这观点 |
[09:11] | Really, Dahlia. | 至于吗 达莉雅 |
[09:12] | If you want your marriage to last, when your husband strays, | 要是想婚姻长久 那你丈夫偶有迷失时 |
[09:17] | you extract some suitable penance and get on with it. | 你让他忏悔 然后继续生活 |
[09:24] | Punish the sin, but love the sinner. | 惩罚罪恶 但仍爱罪人 |
[09:27] | Yeah, well, with Karl I was more, | 跟卡尔更像是 |
[09:29] | “Divorce the ass and seize the assets.” | “甩了混蛋 抓住财产” |
[09:35] | So you better watch out. | 所以你最好小心点 |
[09:36] | Betrayal makes me vengeful. | 背叛会激发我的报复心 |
[09:38] | Well, that’s good to know. | 防患于未然 |
[09:41] | Yes, it certainly is. | 当然的 |
[09:48] | Apparently, the water heater in the attic had burst. | 显然 阁楼的热水器爆了 |
[09:50] | Everything is ruined. My clothes, my shoes, dresses. | 什么都毁了 我的衣服 鞋子 裙子 |
[09:54] | – Why are you smiling? – We have different perspectives. | -你为什么在笑 -我们视角不同 |
[09:57] | You see ruined clothes and | 你看到的是被毁的衣服 |
[09:59] | I see a woman who could certainly use a rich boyfriend. | 而我看到一个能借机敲诈男友的女人 |
[10:01] | You will never be my boyfriend. | 你永远不会成为我的男友 |
[10:03] | Gaby, how much longer are you going to pretend | 加布 你明明已经为我痴狂 |
[10:05] | you’re not crazy about me? | 你还要伪装多久 |
[10:07] | Not much longer. This is our last date. | 不用太久 这是我们最后一次约会 |
[10:09] | Didn’t you say it was our last date on our last date? | 貌似你上次就说是最后一次了 |
[10:12] | – I mean it this time. – Do me a favor. Mean it next time. | -这次是认真的 -帮帮忙 下次再认真 |
[10:15] | I’m getting an award at the Rotary Club. | 我要在扶轮社接受授奖 |
[10:17] | – Boring. – Come on. | -没劲 -拜托 |
[10:19] | I want my date to be the most beautiful woman in the room. | 我希望我的女伴是那最美的女人 |
[10:22] | Is that supposed to flatter me? | 这是恭维我吗 |
[10:24] | Only if you’ve never seen the women of the Rotary Club. | 你是没见过扶轮社那些女人 |
[10:26] | Shut up and get me a sweater. | 闭嘴 给我找件线衫 |
[10:28] | Have you even noticed how cold I am? | 没看见我快冻死了吗 |
[10:30] | Noticed? It’s made my whole evening. | 何止看见 我今晚大饱眼福了 |
[10:33] | Sweater! Now! | 线衫 马上的 |
[10:35] | How about a nice cashmere cardigan? | 穿件羊绒衫如何 |
[10:46] | – Oh, my God! – What? | -天哪 -怎么了 |
[10:50] | Look at this! | 看看这个 |
[10:52] | There’s Lacroix,and Ungaro and Vintage Gaultier. | 有拉克鲁瓦 恩加罗还有高堤耶 |
[10:57] | I don’t know much about fashion. | 我对时尚没什么研究 |
[10:59] | Shh! They can hear you. | 她们会听见的 |
[11:02] | Oh, my God! There’s another rack back here! | 上帝啊 这后面还有一排 |
[11:05] | Is this all your ex-wife’s stuff? | 这全是你前妻的吗 |
[11:07] | Yeah. She’s storing it here until her new house is ready. | 是的 她新房子弄好之前先放这 |
[11:10] | Oh, my God! She wears my size. | 天呐 她跟我穿一个号 |
[11:13] | It’s amazing. Nobody wears my size. | 太神奇了 没人跟我穿一个号的 |
[11:15] | Well, I guess I have a type. | 看来我有此癖好 |
[11:17] | Normally that would creep me out, | 那话本来会让我毛骨悚然 |
[11:19] | except it means that I can borrow | 但要是我可以借这条独一无二的安达利 |
[11:22] | this one-of-a-kind Andare for our date. | 去参加颁奖礼就没关系了 |
[11:24] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Heel, girl. This belongs to my ex. | 等等 高跟鞋女郎 这可是我前妻的 |
[11:27] | – So? – So I don’t think she’d appreciate me | -那又怎样 -她不希望我 |
[11:30] | loaning her clothes to my girlfriend. | 把她的衣服借给新女友穿的 |
[11:32] | OK. A, I’m not your girlfriend. | 首先 我不是你的女朋友 |
[11:35] | And B, she’s not going to find out unless you tell her. | 其次 你不说她怎么会知道 |
[11:39] | Come on! A dress this gorgeous is meant to be seen. | 拜托啦 这么漂亮的裙子是要穿给人看的 |
[11:44] | Every day it hangs in a closet an angel loses its wings. | 它在衣橱每挂一天 就有一个天使折翼 |
[11:47] | That’s very cute. But the answer’s still no. | 很有意思 不过还是不行 |
[11:50] | Come on. Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[12:00] | Gaby. | 加布 |
[12:02] | I just wanted a moment to say goodbye. | 我只想和它道别 |
[12:08] | So in the next scene, the guy wakes up and the girl… | 下一幕 男的醒了 那个女孩 |
[12:12] | Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, one of those, | 茱莉亚·罗伯茨还是桑德拉·布洛克 |
[12:15] | is standing there holding a tray of pancakes. | 站在那 端着一盘煎饼 |
[12:20] | – What happens then? – I keep telling you I don’t remember. | -然后呢 -跟你说我不记得了啊 |
[12:23] | What’s the difference? It’s just a stupid movie I saw. | 有什么关系呢 反正只是一部电影而已 |
[12:26] | Yet every time you remember it, you feel sad or upset. | 但每次想起来的时候 都会觉得伤心难过 |
[12:29] | I think something happened at that movie or just afterwards. | 我觉得看电影时 或之后发生了什么 |
[12:33] | Who did you see it with? | 你和谁一起看的 |
[12:34] | Well, it’s obviously some chick flick. | 肯定是和姑娘看的 |
[12:38] | So probably Susan. | 那就可能是苏珊 |
[12:40] | Why not ask her about it? | 干嘛不去问她呢 |
[12:41] | Maybe she can tell you what happened. | 没准她能告诉你发生了什么 |
[12:43] | No. No, I don’t want to bother her. | 不 我不想去打扰她 |
[12:45] | She just got engaged. | 她刚订婚 |
[12:47] | Mike, this therapy isn’t just about recovering your memories. | 麦克 治疗不仅要帮你恢复记忆 |
[12:50] | It’s about you getting closure. | 而且要让你得到解脱 |
[12:52] | The emotions you feel won’t be resolved | 除非知道这些情感是什么 |
[12:55] | until you know what they’re about. | 否则永远无法抛开 |
[12:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:58] | Come on, talk to Susan. What could it hurt? | 拜托 跟苏珊谈谈吧 有什么大不了啊 |
[13:04] | That’s awesome. I love model airplanes. | 太棒了 我最爱模型飞机 |
[13:07] | – So you will help me put it together? – Sure. | -那你会帮我一起组装吗 -好啊 |
[13:08] | I’ll see you after school. | 那放学后见 |
[13:10] | – Can you come at seven instead? – Why so late? | -你能七点过来吗 -为什么这么晚 |
[13:12] | Mom says I can’t play until I finish my homework. Bye. | 妈妈说不做完作业不许玩 回见 |
[13:17] | He’s coming. So can I stay up and watch my show now? | 他来了 我可以不睡觉看电视了吧 |
[13:20] | You can stay up as late as you want, champ. | 想看到多晚都可以 英雄 |
[13:23] | Tomorrow, you are going to have an early night. | 明天 你要早点上床睡 |
[13:33] | Your father’s been up there 20 minutes. | 你爸爸在上面都呆了20分钟了 |
[13:35] | Are you sure he’s OK? | 你确定他没事吗 |
[13:36] | He’s fine. He always lies down after dinner. | 他没事 他吃完饭经常要躺一会 |
[13:38] | He says it helps his digestion. Relax. It’s going very well. | 他说有助于消化 放松点 一切都很顺利 |
[13:41] | I set your mother on fire. | 我害你妈身上着火了 |
[13:44] | And you’ve been charming ever since. | 之后不是表现良好嘛 |
[13:46] | Trust me, when she looks back on tonight | 相信我 等她将来回首今晚 |
[13:48] | she won’t even remember the fire. | 早不记得着火的事了 |
[13:53] | But she may remember this. | 但她可能忘不了这个了 |
[13:55] | Oh, my God! I’m so sorry! Are you all right? | 我的天呐 真对不起 您没事吧 |
[13:59] | Yes, I’m perfectly fine. | 是的 我完全没事 |
[14:01] | At least this blouse made it through dinner. | 至少这件衬衫还撑过了晚餐 |
[14:04] | Let me get you a towel. | 给您拿条毛巾吧 |
[14:16] | Hello. Oh, I hope you don’t mind. | 你好 希望你不介意 |
[14:19] | Dahlia has a birthday coming up, | 达莉雅马上过生日了 |
[14:21] | and I saw this hanging there and thought, | 我看到这个就想着 |
[14:23] | “A robe. Well, there’s a notion.” | “送睡袍这主意不错” |
[14:26] | So I just tried it on to get a sense of the drape. | 所以我试穿一下 体验这坠落之美 |
[14:32] | Were you also thinking of getting her a lace bra? | 你还想送她一个蕾丝胸罩吗 |
[14:36] | Oh, dear God! | 上帝啊 |
[14:38] | Please don’t mention this to any of my family. | 千万别把这事告诉我家人 |
[14:40] | Just take the robe off. | 把睡袍脱下来 |
[14:46] | And whatever you have on underneath, consider that yours. | 不管你里头还穿了什么 都送你了 |
[14:51] | Be reasonable, dear. I’m only trying to protect you. | 你得讲点理 亲爱的 我只是想保护你 |
[14:55] | From Susan? She doesn’t care about money. | 苏珊吗 她不在乎钱 |
[14:57] | She’s never asked for a cent. | 她从没要过我一分钱 |
[14:59] | Your logic is as wobbly as the dining room chairs | 你这逻辑和她换不起的椅子一样 |
[15:02] | she can’t afford to replace. | 完全站不住脚 |
[15:04] | I love Susan, and I won’t ask her to do this. | 我爱苏珊 我不会让她做这种事 |
[15:06] | Oh, hello! Mother’s fine. I found her a sweater. | 妈妈没事了 我给她找了件外套 |
[15:10] | – Oh. So what won’t you ask me? – Nothing. | -你不会让我做什么 -没什么 |
[15:15] | I was wondering | 我想知道 |
[15:16] | if you’d object to signing a document that says, | 你会反对签一份文件吗 |
[15:18] | should you and Ian part ways, | 内容如果你和伊恩分手了 |
[15:22] | you’ll accept a cash settlement | 你接受一笔现金补偿 |
[15:24] | and not go after the money he inherits from us. | 而放弃他从我们这儿继承的财产 |
[15:29] | – You mean a pre-nup? – Please, try to understand, | -婚前协议吗 -请一定要理解 |
[15:32] | our country estate has been in our family for generations. | 我们的财产在家族内已经传了好几代 |
[15:36] | We want it preserved for the children we hope Ian will have, | 我们希望把它留给伊恩将来的孩子 |
[15:41] | not lost in some pricey divorce. | 而不是耗费在离婚上 |
[15:44] | Well, who’s getting divorced? I’m in this for keeps. | 谁说要离婚 我们要白头偕老的 |
[15:48] | I’m sure you said the same to your first husband | 我肯定此话你和第一任老公也说过 |
[15:50] | before you bolted with all you could carry. | 结果你还不是尽你所能地瓜分 |
[15:54] | Mother! Susan is not signing anything. | 母亲 苏珊什么都不会签的 |
[15:57] | Fine. Then we’ll leave it all to your brother. | 那好 我们把财产留给你哥哥好了 |
[16:01] | Do you think Nigel’s going to give you a grandson? | 你觉得奈吉尔会给你生孙子吗 |
[16:04] | He’s an alcoholic homosexual. | 他是个酗酒的同性恋 |
[16:06] | With a castle at stake, he can learn a new skill. | 有城堡的诱惑 他知道该怎么做 |
[16:09] | OK, stop this! | 别争了 |
[16:11] | We invited you here to celebrate our engagement. | 我们请你们来 是庆祝我们订婚的 |
[16:13] | Now I’m divorced and Ian’s disinherited? | 现在我离婚了 而伊恩没继承权了 |
[16:16] | Hello. Have I missed anything? | 大家好 我错过什么了吗 |
[16:20] | We’ll be going soon. Please don’t be offended. | 我们很快就走 请不要生气 |
[16:24] | All of us go into marriage | 我们结婚时 |
[16:26] | convinced that everything will be perfect. | 都以为一切将和和睦睦 |
[16:30] | God knows I did. | 至少我这样想 |
[16:31] | And then one day I found a bill for some expensive lingerie. | 但有一天 我找到了一张奢华女内衣的账单 |
[16:37] | Bustiers, peignoirs, none of it in my size. | 紧身胸衣 睡衣 但都不是我穿的码 |
[16:41] | Certainly opened my eyes. | 从此我就看透了 |
[16:44] | But I’m not like my father. | 但我和我爸不一样 |
[16:46] | Trust him. He’s not. | 相信他 真的不同 |
[16:49] | I’m sorry, Ian. | 抱歉 伊恩 |
[17:00] | Hey, guys. | 各位 |
[17:02] | Hey, Mrs. Scavo. I’m sorry. | 你好 斯加沃太太 不好意思 |
[17:05] | We were just taking a quick break. | 我们只是稍事休息 |
[17:06] | – We’ll get back to work. – No, no, don’t be silly. | -马上就开始工作 -不 不 别傻了 |
[17:10] | Who am I, Tom? I’m one of you guys! Sit down. | 我是谁 汤姆吗 我也是你们的一份子啊 请坐 |
[17:15] | Hey. You know what we could use? | 你们知道我们该干什么吗 |
[17:22] | A good old-fashioned bitch session. | 进行一场老式的抱怨 |
[17:24] | Get some stuff off our chests. | 将心中的不满一吐为快 |
[17:27] | So what’s bugging you guys? OK, I’ll go first. | 你们对什么不满意 我先说吧 |
[17:31] | How do we feel about these uniforms? A little “Eh”? | 大家对这件制服感觉如何 不咋地吧 |
[17:36] | Uh, they’re OK. | 还行啦 |
[17:39] | But why do we have to pool our tips. | 为什么要上交小费 |
[17:41] | Why can’t we just keep what we earn? | 不能自己留着呢 |
[17:44] | Uh-huh, uh-huh. Good point, good point. | 说得好 说得好 |
[17:46] | But right now we’re talking about these ugly-ass uniforms. | 但现在我们在讨论这些丑爆了的制服 |
[17:50] | You know what bugs me? No health benefits. | 想听我一吐不快吗 我们没有医保 |
[17:53] | – I’m kind of worried about this mole. – Focus, people! | -我有点担心这颗痣… -集中注意力 各位 |
[17:55] | The subject is shirts. It’s killing morale. | 主题是这些T恤 简直让人士气全无 |
[17:59] | – Well, I kind of like them. – Really, Kim? | -我有点喜欢这制服 -真的吗 金姆 |
[18:02] | Because I heard one of your | 因为我听到你的一位顾客说 |
[18:05] | customers say that when Halloween comes around | 万圣节快来时 |
[18:05] | null | 南瓜灯是万圣节常见的装扮物 |
[18:07] | we should stick a candle in your mouth. | 我们该在你嘴里放根蜡烛 |
[18:10] | See? Morale. | 看见没 毫无士气 |
[18:12] | You guys need to stand up for yourselves. | 你们得站出来说说自己的想法 |
[18:14] | It’s your right. | 这是你们的权利 |
[18:15] | No, it’s your obligation | 不 这是你们的责任 |
[18:17] | to go to management and demand new shirts. | 向老板要新的T恤 |
[18:21] | And if management doesn’t like it. | 如果老板不同意 |
[18:23] | You tell him he can go screw! | 你就让他去死 |
[18:25] | OK, OK. Break’s over, people. | 好了 休息结束 大伙 |
[18:28] | I’m going to go find Tom and talk. | 我去找汤姆 和他聊聊 |
[18:30] | Oh! Good. | 真巧 |
[18:42] | I can’t believe you tried to undermine me like this. | 我真不敢相信你这样阴我 |
[18:45] | Well, you gave me no choice. | 你让我别无选择 |
[18:48] | It’s just a uniform. Why can’t you wear it? | 这只是件制服 你怎么就不能穿上呢 |
[18:52] | Because I need to win one, Tom. | 因为我好歹要赢一回 汤姆 |
[18:54] | What? | 什么 |
[18:55] | You keep ordering me around | 你一直对我指手画脚 |
[18:56] | and disagreeing with me and overruling me, | 不同意我的意见 压制我 |
[18:59] | and I’m sick of it. | 我受够了 |
[19:00] | We have to do things my way at least every once in a while. | 我们偶尔也得按我的方法办事 |
[19:03] | This was the deal, Lynette. You agreed. | 我们当初说好的 勒奈特 你同意了 |
[19:05] | I’m in charge here, you’re in charge at home. | 在这里我做主 在家你做主 |
[19:08] | Except we’re never home. We live here. | 但我们一直不在家 我们住在这里 |
[19:09] | Our marriage happens here. | 婚姻就在这里进行着 |
[19:14] | You know what? We can’t talk about this now. | 我和你说 现在我们先别谈这个 |
[19:16] | We open in ten minutes. | 我们十分钟后就开张了 |
[19:18] | – Maybe later… – Later I’ll be asleep, | -或许晚点儿 -晚点儿我在睡觉 |
[19:20] | and then I’ll be back here before you wake up. | 然后在你醒之前 我又早已赶到这里 |
[19:22] | We got to deal with this now. | 我们必须现在解决 |
[19:24] | OK. All right. | 好吧 |
[19:27] | We’ll deal with this now. | 我们现在解决 |
[19:28] | I’m going to get ready for the dinner rush, | 我来准备好晚上的餐食 |
[19:30] | and you’re going to wear the damn uniform. | 你给我乖乖地穿上这件制服 |
[19:42] | No. | 不行 |
[19:44] | What? | 什么 |
[19:46] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[19:49] | You’re walking out on me? | 你就这样丢下我不管吗 |
[19:52] | I told you orange meant something bad was gonna happen. | 我告诉过你 橙色意味着坏事将要发生 |
[20:14] | Hi! Remember me? I had dinner here the other night. | 记得我吗 我来吃过晚饭 |
[20:17] | Anyway, I was driving through after having three ice teas. | 不管了 我喝了三杯冰茶 开车路过 |
[20:19] | I have to go to the bathroom. Do you mind? | 我得上厕所了 借过 |
[20:44] | You and I are going to be so happy together. | 我们在一起 一定会幸福快乐的 |
[21:19] | I feel ten pounds lighter. Thank you. | 我感觉轻了十磅 谢谢 |
[21:28] | Hey, you got a minute? | 有空吗 |
[21:29] | I, uh, I need your help with something. | 有点事要找你帮忙 |
[21:31] | Um, I should probably get these inside. | 我要把这些东西拿进去 |
[21:34] | Please. I need to ask you about a movie. | 拜托了 我得问你有关一部电影的事 |
[21:41] | And so the last part I remember, | 我记得最后的场景是 |
[21:43] | the girl is putting these raw pancakes in front of him, | 这姑娘把没熟的煎饼放在他面前 |
[21:46] | then something else funny happened. | 然后发生了一些有趣的事 |
[21:48] | I don’t remember. It was just a stupid chick flick. | 我不记得了 就是一部爱情烂片之类的 |
[21:52] | Mike, it wasn’t a movie. That was us. | 麦克 那不是电影 而是我们之间发生的事 |
[21:55] | What? | 什么 |
[21:57] | Yeah. Um, that was the first night we spent together. | 是的 那是我们共度的第一晚 |
[22:02] | I wanted to surprise you. | 我想给你个惊喜 |
[22:04] | – With raw pancakes? – They weren’t all raw. | -用没熟的煎饼吗 -也不是都没熟啦 |
[22:07] | I was trying to spell “Mike” And the “M” Was goopy. | 我是想拼出”Mike” “M”很油腻 |
[22:11] | – The “ike” was delicious. You loved it. – I did, huh? | -但是”ike”好吃极了 你很喜欢 -是吗 |
[22:14] | No, it was gross, but you were sweet. | 不 其实很恶心 但是你人很好 |
[22:16] | You gave me lots of kisses and said not to worry, | 你不停亲我 然后让我别担心 |
[22:19] | I’d get lots of chances to make you pancakes ’cause… | 我会有很多机会给你烤煎饼 因为… |
[22:22] | ‘Cause I was planning on | 因为我打算 |
[22:24] | spending the rest of my mornings with you. | 和你共度一生 |
[22:29] | You remember. | 你记起来了 |
[22:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:38] | I should go because, uh, Ian’s parents are here. | 我该走了 伊恩的父母来了 |
[22:51] | It’s nice to see you. Thank you both for coming. | 见到你们很高兴 谢谢你们抽空过来 |
[22:54] | I know I’ve said it ten times, but you look fantastic. | 我知道我已经说过很多次 你真是太美了 |
[22:59] | And my offer still stands. | 我的提议依然有效 |
[23:00] | You do not have to pay for my dress. | 你没必要给我买裙子的钱 |
[23:02] | Come on. You only need it for my luncheon. | 别这样 你是为了我的午宴才买的 |
[23:05] | And it looks like it cost a bundle. | 而且看起来价值不菲 |
[23:07] | Trust me, it was a steal. | 相信我 这是便宜货[也作偷窃之意] |
[23:09] | I’m going to go powder my nose, | 我去补补妆 |
[23:10] | and then you can start showing me off. | 然后你可以到处炫耀我啦 |
[23:16] | – Heads up, I just saw your ex-wife. – What is she doing here? | -注意 我刚看到您的前妻 -她来干什么 |
[23:20] | Some friend of hers get a plaque, too. | 她有些朋友也来领奖 |
[23:22] | You want to duck out after your speech? | 发表完演讲后您就想走吗 |
[23:25] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[23:26] | I can’t wait until she gets a good long look at Gaby. | 我等不及让她好好看看加布了 |
[23:41] | Hello. I love your dress. | 你好 你的裙子很好看 |
[23:45] | – Thanks. – It’s one of a kind, isn’t it? | -谢谢 -这是独一无二的 对吧 |
[23:48] | Yeah. Couture. | 是啊 巴黎高级定制 |
[23:50] | Andare? | 安达利吧 |
[23:53] | Wow. Good eye. | 好眼力 |
[23:54] | Well, I do have an unfair advantage. | 我确实有不公平的优势 |
[23:58] | I bought it. | 这是我买的 |
[24:01] | So you’re… | 那么 你是… |
[24:05] | Well, first, let me just say, you have amazing taste. | 首先容我恭维一句 你的品位太出色了 |
[24:08] | If we’d met in any other context, we would so get along. | 如果在别的场合见面 我们一定会相见如故 |
[24:11] | I left those clothes with Victor so he could store them, | 我把衣服留给维克多是让他好好保管 |
[24:14] | not loan them to his sluts. | 不是借给他的婊子穿 |
[24:17] | OK, you’re mad. | 你很生气 |
[24:19] | I’m just gonna blow right by that slut crack. | 所以你骂我婊子 就不计较了 |
[24:21] | I want my dress back, now. | 我现在就要我的裙子 |
[24:24] | OK, let’s be reasonable. | 好吧 我们讲讲道理吧 |
[24:25] | You can’t wear two dresses to one lunch. | 一次午宴你不可能穿两条裙子 |
[24:27] | – It’s not like I have a spare in the car. – Not my problem. | -再说我车里没带衣服 -关我屁事 |
[24:30] | Give me back the dress! | 把裙子还我 |
[24:32] | Go ahead. Yell all you want. | 随你 你大喊大叫吧 |
[24:34] | You can’t force me to take off this dress. | 你不可能逼我把裙子脱掉 |
[24:36] | This is pepper spray. | 这是防狼喷雾 |
[24:39] | In three seconds your eyeballs will be on fire. | 三秒钟后 你的眼球就会如火烧般难受 |
[24:44] | Could you help me with the clasp? | 你能帮我解开挂钩吗 |
[24:49] | Hello, Samantha. I heard you were… Isn’t that Gaby’s dress? | 你好 萨曼莎 我听说你… 这不是加布的裙子吗 |
[24:57] | Gaby? You in there? | 加布 你在吗 |
[25:02] | Hey, Victor. | 维克托 |
[25:04] | You’re probably wondering why I’ve been in here so long. | 可能你想知道 为何我呆了这么久 |
[25:07] | Funny story, I ran into your ex-wife. | 说来好笑 我碰到了你前妻 |
[25:11] | Yes, she brought me up to speed. | 是的 她告诉我了 |
[25:26] | OK, it’s time for bed, Travers. | 好了 该睡觉了 崔沃斯 |
[25:29] | But I want to show Carlos my new turtle. | 但我想给卡洛斯看看我的新乌龟 |
[25:33] | Oh, right. I’m tired. | 对了 我累了 |
[25:37] | I got to get going anyway. | 没事 反正我也要走了 |
[25:38] | Hey, you haven’t finished your wine. | 你的酒都没喝完呢 |
[25:40] | Sorry, early day tomorrow. | 不好意思 明天早起 |
[25:42] | Come on, kiddo. I’ll tuck you in. | 走吧小子 我给你盖被子 |
[26:03] | Sleep tight, Travers. | 晚安 崔沃斯 |
[26:04] | Oh, no! I’m such a klutz. I think I broke it. | 我真是笨手笨脚的 好像弄坏了 |
[26:08] | Nah, it’s just a flap. I can fix that. | 只是襟翼掉了 我能修好 |
[26:18] | – Edie? – Yeah? | -伊迪 -怎么了 |
[26:21] | I can’t see what I’m doing here. | 我看不见了 |
[26:23] | Oh. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[26:28] | Maybe I should watch, so that if it breaks again, I can fix it. | 也许我该看看 如果下次再坏我就能修好 |
[26:33] | OK. Uh, so this hinge needs to go in at this angle | 好的 铰链就按这个角度装上 |
[26:38] | so that the flap works. | 然后襟翼就安好了 |
[26:39] | – See? – God, you’re so mechanical. | -看见了吗 -天啊 你真是巧手 |
[26:44] | – Edie, what are you doing? – Learning about flaps. | -伊迪 你在干什么呢 -学习有关襟翼的知识 |
[26:50] | Now, I think you’re coming on to me. | 我觉得你正在吃我豆腐 |
[26:52] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[26:54] | OK, Edie, no! Come on. | 伊迪 不要这样 拜托 |
[26:56] | We’re close friends and I don’t want to ruin that. | 我们是亲密的好友 我不想毁掉友谊 |
[26:59] | Well, we’re not that close. | 我们何止是亲密啊 |
[27:01] | Let’s just do it and see where it goes. | 亲热一番吧 看看究竟如何 |
[27:03] | Okay, you know what? It wouldn’t go anywhere. | 好吧 你知道吗 不会有结果的 |
[27:05] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[27:07] | Mmm, ’cause I’m looking for a girl | 因为我在找一个想安稳下来 |
[27:11] | who wants to settle down and be in a serious relationship. | 认认真真谈恋爱的姑娘 |
[27:14] | And you’re not that type. | 而你不是这种人 |
[27:15] | Oh, what type am I? | 那我是哪种人 |
[27:19] | You’re the fun type, who likes to dress sexy, | 你游戏人生 穿着性感 |
[27:23] | and go out and meet new people. | 外出交往新朋友 |
[27:25] | Then go out the next night and meet another… new people. | 下一晚又出门结识 其他新朋友 |
[27:29] | You think I’m promiscuous? | 你觉得我乱搞吗 |
[27:31] | I’m just saying, for a house on a cul-de-sac. | 我只是说 这儿虽是死胡同 |
[27:34] | This place sees a lot of traffic. | 但依旧人来人往 |
[27:35] | Just because I’m popular doesn’t | 我很受欢迎又不代表 |
[27:37] | mean I’m incapable of a lasting commitment. | 我不能许下长期的承诺 |
[27:40] | Look, you can’t even commit to your kid. | 你甚至都无法对你儿子做出承诺 |
[27:42] | He’s here for a month. | 他就过来呆了一个月 |
[27:43] | You keep dumping him on neighbors you can go shopping. | 你一直把他托付给邻居 然后去购物 |
[27:45] | That is, when you’re not using him for sex bait. | 要不就是利用他做性诱饵 |
[27:50] | Get out of my house. | 滚出去 |
[27:53] | Look… | 听着 |
[28:01] | Tom, me again. You should have been home 30 minutes ago. | 汤姆 又是我 你半小时前就该到家了 |
[28:05] | I know you’re still mad. I am, too. | 我知道你还很生气 我也是 |
[28:07] | So why don’t you come home and we can be mad together? | 你何不回家来 这样我们就能一块生气了 |
[28:09] | See you soon. | 回见 |
[28:11] | So what kind of orange is this shirt? | T恤到底是哪种橙色 |
[28:13] | Like a salmon or a coral? | 三文鱼色还是珊瑚色 |
[28:17] | Oh, cheese doodle. | 原来是芝士薯条色 |
[28:19] | Exactly. And I’m supposed to wear that every damn day. | 正是 我还得每天都穿着这玩意儿 |
[28:22] | Oh, please. It’s not that bad. | 拜托 也没那么糟啦 |
[28:24] | I once worked at this fish and chips place. | 我以前在快餐店干活 |
[28:26] | I had to wear an eye patch | 必须戴上眼罩 |
[28:27] | and a stuffed parrot on my shoulder. | 肩上放一只鹦鹉玩偶 |
[28:29] | Would you like to hear our specials? | 你想知道我们的特色餐吗 |
[28:33] | Why don’t you just tell Tom to pick another color? | 你怎么不让汤姆换个颜色 |
[28:35] | This isn’t about the shirt any more. | 这不仅仅是T恤的问题了 |
[28:37] | This is about us working together. | 而是我们在一起工作的问题 |
[28:39] | Every day it’s a battle. It’s hurting our marriage. | 每天都是一场战争 伤害夫妻感情 |
[28:42] | You know what? I’ll just tell Tom I need to step back. | 这样吧 我告诉我汤姆我让步 |
[28:46] | – You mean, quit? – Yeah, we could hire a manager. | -你要辞职吗 -是啊 我们可以雇个经理什么的 |
[28:51] | How do you think he’ll feel about that? | 你觉得汤姆会怎么想 |
[28:55] | Well, once he decides to stop hiding, I can ask him. | 等他出现了我就问他 |
[29:00] | You know what? I’m tired of waiting. | 告诉你们 我受够等待了 |
[29:02] | I’m going to go down there and talk to him. | 我要去找他 当面和他谈 |
[29:04] | See you guys later. | 回头见 |
[29:11] | So, I guess this means we’re babysitting the kids, huh? | 看来我们得照顾孩子们了 |
[29:13] | Guess so. | 应该是的 |
[29:15] | I’m an idiot. Would you guys mind? | 我真是个傻瓜 你们介意帮帮我吗 |
[29:17] | – We got it. Just go. – Thanks. | -包在我们身上 去吧 -谢谢 |
[29:33] | Tom! | 汤姆 |
[29:36] | Come on, I know you’re still here. | 别不出声 我知道你还在这里 |
[29:40] | Do you realize what time it is? | 你知道现在几点了吗 |
[29:43] | I know you’re mad, but you just… | 我知道你很生气 但是你… |
[29:47] | You can’t avoid me all night. | 不能躲我一整晚 |
[29:52] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God! | 天啊 天啊 |
[29:56] | Oh, my God! Oh, Tom. Tommy, Tommy, | 天啊 汤姆 汤米 汤米 |
[29:59] | OK. OK. You’re breathing. That’s good. That’s good. | 你还有呼吸 很好 很好 |
[30:07] | Hello? Hi. There’s something wrong with my husband. | 喂 我丈夫出事了 |
[30:11] | I… I don’t know. He’s unconscious. | 我不知道 他失去知觉了 |
[30:14] | 357 Hawthorne Place. | 霍桑广场 357号 |
[30:17] | OK, could you please hurry? | 拜托快点赶到 |
[30:20] | Thank you. Yes. | 谢谢 好 |
[30:30] | Listen to me. I forbid you to die. | 听着 我不许你就这样走了 |
[30:37] | If you leave me, | 如果留我一个人 |
[30:40] | with a mortgage and a restaurant and five kids, | 还贷款 开餐馆 养五个孩子 |
[30:42] | I swear I will track you | 我发誓 就算你去了地狱 |
[30:44] | into the deepest pit of hell and make you pay. | 我也会找到你 让你付出代价 |
[30:47] | Do you hear me? | 你听见了吗 |
[30:51] | Come on, baby. | 快醒醒 宝贝 |
[30:54] | Oh, please. | 拜托了 |
[30:59] | So that’s it? He threw out his back? | 就是这样吗 他摔伤了背部 |
[31:02] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[31:04] | I’m guessing he passed out from the pain. | 我猜他由于疼痛 昏迷了 |
[31:06] | But I want to be clear. | 但是我想查清楚 |
[31:08] | A ruptured disc is very serious. He’ll need surgery. | 椎间盘破裂很危险 他要动手术 |
[31:11] | It’ll be a while before he’s back on his feet. | 他还要一段时间才能下地走路 |
[31:13] | – How much of a while? – Well, three months. | -多久 -三个月 |
[31:16] | – Three months? – Even then, he’ll need to go easy. | -三个月 -之后他还得小心 |
[31:20] | What sort of work does he do? | 他是做什么的 |
[31:22] | We run a restaurant. | 我们开了一家餐馆 |
[31:24] | He shouldn’t go back for four or five months. | 四到五个月内 他不能去工作了 |
[31:27] | Restaurant work is very stressful. | 开餐馆很累的 |
[31:30] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[31:40] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[31:41] | Oh, it’s the pre-nup my parents want you to sign. | 这是我父母想让你签的婚前协议 |
[31:46] | And you brought it to bed? | 你把文件带上了床 |
[31:49] | OK. Romance tip number one… | 浪漫诀窍 第一条… |
[31:52] | Sorry, I just can’t get it off my mind. I keep thinking, | 抱歉 这件事总是挥之不去 我总是想 |
[31:55] | “Why all this ungodly fuss?” | “为什么要庸人自扰” |
[31:56] | “Susan’s not in this for money and heirlooms.” | “苏珊又不图钱和遗产” |
[31:59] | Thank you! I don’t want your family stuff. | 谢谢 我才不要你家的东西 |
[32:01] | What am I gonna do with half a castle? | 我要半个城堡干嘛 |
[32:03] | Exactly. So why not just sign it? | 就是 那你就签了吧 |
[32:09] | I mean, rationally, what’s the difference between the promise | 理性地讲 你刚和我许诺的事 |
[32:12] | you just made to me and the same promise on paper? | 把它付诸于纸上又有何不同呢 |
[32:16] | Uh, well, the difference is huge. | 区别很大 |
[32:20] | I mean, one way you’re trusting me and… | 前者 说明你信任我 |
[32:24] | And the other way you’re trying to make it official. | 而后者 说明你想得到法律保证 |
[32:28] | But isn’t that what marriage is? Making your love official? | 这不正是婚姻的特点吗 让爱得到法律保证 |
[32:32] | Ian, do you really want to | 伊恩 你真的想 |
[32:33] | start our life together making me feel like | 在我们刚一起生活时 让我觉得 |
[32:35] | I’m on probation? | 我在试用期吗 |
[32:38] | You know that I trust you. | 你知道我信任你 |
[32:40] | This isn’t about my fears. It’s about my parents. | 担心的人不是我 而是我父母 |
[32:45] | Really? I think it’s about someone else. | 是吗 我觉得这是因为别人 |
[32:51] | He just wanted me to help him remember something. | 他只是想让我帮他回忆一些事情 |
[32:54] | – Who? – Mike. | -谁 -麦克 |
[32:57] | I saw you watching us. We were just talking. | 我看到你在观察我们 我们只是在聊天 |
[33:01] | I never thought anything else. | 我从来没多想 |
[33:09] | OK, I’ll sign it. | 好吧 我签了 |
[33:11] | Well, what… At least read it first. | 好吧 至少先读一读 |
[33:14] | I don’t need to. I trust you. | 没必要 我信任你 |
[33:27] | Oh, hi, Mike! So, tell me, I’ve been dying to know. | 你好啊 麦克 告诉我吧 我好想知道 |
[33:31] | Did you talk to Susan? | 你和苏珊聊了吗 |
[33:32] | Could she remember what the movie was? | 她记得是哪部电影吗 |
[33:35] | Actually, no. | 实际上 没有 |
[33:38] | Well, hang in there. We’ll figure it out. | 那再等等吧 我们会弄明白的 |
[33:40] | Just a matter of time before it all starts coming back. | 回忆过去 只是时间问题 |
[33:43] | Here, have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[33:44] | Uh, listen, you’ve been really helpful the last few months, | 这几个月你真的对我帮助很大 |
[33:48] | but I think I’m done here. | 但我不想继续了 |
[33:51] | Mike, I know this can be a frustrating process, | 麦克 我知道这个过程很艰难 |
[33:55] | but if you give up now, | 但如果你现在放弃 |
[33:57] | there are so many memories that could be lost to you. | 你可能会丢失许多美好的记忆 |
[34:03] | Yeah, I’m OK with that. | 没关系 |
[34:11] | Oh, my God. How many did you take? | 天啊 你拿了多少 |
[34:13] | Sorry, I wanted options. | 对不起 我只想多点选择 |
[34:17] | Stop judging me, I was hopped up on couture. | 别责怪我了 我对高级定制太狂热了 |
[34:19] | Hey, you know, it’s not funny. Samantha called her lawyer. | 这不好玩 萨曼莎给她的律师打了电话 |
[34:22] | What? Over a dress? God, what a bitch. | 什么 就为了一条裙子 真是个婊子 |
[34:25] | Hey, don’t call her that. | 别那样称呼她 |
[34:28] | She threatened me with mace and slugged you! | 她威胁拿防狼喷雾喷我 还给了你一拳 |
[34:30] | Now you’re on her side? | 你现在居然帮她说话 |
[34:32] | Gaby, I didn’t marry an angry woman. | 加布 我不会和易怒的女人结婚 |
[34:33] | I just divorced one. | 我刚离了一个 |
[34:35] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[34:36] | Did you have some little mistress on the side? | 你偷偷包养了情人吗 |
[34:38] | Worse, I treated her like she was the mistress. | 比这更糟糕 我对待她就像对待情人一样 |
[34:41] | I set her up in a nice house. I gave her an allowance. | 我把她安置在豪宅里 给她零花钱 |
[34:46] | And then I came and went as I pleased. | 我高兴来就来 高兴走则走 |
[34:50] | She was always there when I needed her. | 我需要她时 她总是在 |
[34:54] | But if she needed me, well… | 但是如果她需要我… |
[34:58] | And if she wasn’t happy, | 如果她不开心 |
[35:00] | she could always go and buy a nice new dress. | 就可以出门买件漂亮的新衣 |
[35:04] | You saw the closet, so you know just how happy she was. | 你看到了衣橱 知道她有多不开心了吧 |
[35:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[35:17] | I’ve known you two weeks, | 我们认识了两周 |
[35:19] | and this is the first glimpse of a guy I could actually like. | 这是我第一次发现 你还有可爱之处 |
[35:24] | A clueless, emotionally stunted workaholic? | 一个愚蠢的不懂感情的工作狂吗 |
[35:26] | A guy who can admit he screwed up. | 一个敢于承认自己搞砸了的人 |
[35:29] | One who’s not trying to | 他不会每时每刻 |
[35:31] | impress me every second with how perfect he is. | 想方设法打动我 告诉我他有多完美 |
[35:34] | I wouldn’t mind seeing more of that guy. | 我不介意和这样的人继续交往 |
[35:38] | Well, his schedule’s wide open. | 他一点也不忙 |
[35:39] | How about dinner tomorrow night? | 明晚一起吃饭如何 |
[35:42] | I’d love to. | 很乐意 |
[35:44] | Although, what am I gonna wear now? | 不过 现在我该穿什么呢 |
[35:49] | Doesn’t matter. I’m just gonna talk you out of it. | 无所谓 反正我要说服你宽衣解带 |
[35:54] | Look who’s back… Mr. Cocky. | 瞧瞧谁回来了 傲慢先生 |
[35:57] | He never leaves for long, does he, that guy? | 他不会离开很久的 不是吗 |
[36:11] | Are there any points you’d like to discuss before you sign? | 在你签字之前 有什么想要讨论的部分吗 |
[36:15] | I’d like you to say, “We don’t need this. We trust you.” | 我想要你们说 “我们不需要这个 我们相信你” |
[36:21] | But you don’t, so, uh, I’ll sign it. | 但是你们不信我 所以我要签字 |
[36:24] | But once I do, I’m going to earn your trust | 我签字后 就会尽职尽责地做伊恩的妻子 |
[36:27] | by being a good wife to Ian. | 赢得你们的信任 |
[36:29] | Oh, we’re sure you will be. | 我们肯定你会的 |
[36:31] | Sign all three copies, please. | 请在三份上都签字 |
[36:38] | I mean it. I’m gonna be | 我说真的 我会 |
[36:39] | loving and faithful and above all, honest. | 衷心 忠诚 更重要的是 坦诚 |
[36:43] | There’ll be no secrets with Ian. | 和伊恩坦诚相对 |
[36:49] | I’ll tell him everything. | 什么都告诉他 |
[36:52] | Well, we applaud your candor. | 我们赞许你的直率 |
[36:55] | What I’m trying to say is, | 我是在说 |
[36:57] | there’ll be no topic that I need to… skirt. | 我不会绕过任何话题[skirt也有裙子之意] |
[37:03] | No issue that I won’t address. | 任何问题我都将道明[谐音dress裙子] |
[37:10] | I won’t conceal my true thoughts under garments of secrecy. | 我不会把真情实感隐瞒起来[garments衣物] |
[37:18] | Good for you. Now, if you’ll sign… | 很好 现在请快签字吧… |
[37:19] | For God’s sake! Anyone can see she’s not a fortune hunter! | 看在上帝的份上 谁都能看出她不是贪财之徒 |
[37:22] | Graham, what are you doing? She is willing to sign! | 格拉汉姆 你在做什么 她愿意签字了 |
[37:25] | Which proves she can be trusted! | 这就证明了她值得信赖 |
[37:31] | I’m sure you’ll be a good wife to Ian. | 我肯定你将成为伊恩的好妻子 |
[37:36] | You can count on it. | 包我身上 |
[38:01] | Thanks for the flowers. | 谢谢你送的花 |
[38:03] | You’re welcome. Come inside. | 不客气 进来吧 |
[38:07] | You know, about Travers, you can see him if you want. | 关于崔沃斯 想见他 你就来吧 |
[38:12] | – He misses you. – I miss him, too. | -他想你 -我也想你 |
[38:15] | Just so you know, he’s at a sleepover. | 告诉你一下 他去小朋友家过夜了 |
[38:17] | So, I didn’t leave him alone with | 我没有把他独自留在家 |
[38:20] | a six-pack and some matches. | 喝啤酒 看球赛 |
[38:23] | Look, Edie, um, what I said about you the other day was… | 伊迪 我那天说的话… |
[38:27] | Dead on. You nailed me, Carlos. | 太对了 你简直看透了我 卡洛斯 |
[38:31] | Maybe not the way I wanted you to, but still… | 也许不是我想要的那种方式 但是… |
[38:35] | But I still had no right to judge you. | 但我没权利说你 |
[38:36] | Besides, the guys, the clothes, the partying… that’s you. | 而且 找男人 穿着性感 参加派对 那就是你 |
[38:42] | I mean, that’s the Edie that we love. | 那就是大家喜欢的伊迪 |
[38:44] | Well, I’m glad you love her, | 很高兴你喜欢她 |
[38:45] | because I’m getting pretty tired of her. | 因为我开始厌倦她了 |
[38:47] | – Oh, come on, Edie… – I’m a 40 year-old party girl. | -别这样 伊迪 -我是个40岁的派对女 |
[38:50] | Do you think that I don’t know that my days are numbered? | 你以为我不知道我岁月催人老吗 |
[38:54] | I don’t know what you want me to say here. | 我不知道你想让我说什么 |
[38:57] | Don’t say anything. | 不要说话 |
[38:59] | Just stop seeing the person I’ve been, | 忘了过去的我吧 |
[39:03] | and start seeing the person I could be. | 看看我能变成什么样 |
[39:08] | Look at me, not the Edie that I show the world. | 看看我 我已经不是以前的伊迪 |
[39:16] | In fact, let’s lose her. | 其实 别管她了 |
[39:22] | Forget the blouse that she wears | 忘记她穿的宽松衬衫 |
[39:24] | because she knows it shows off her cleavage. | 她知道这能显出事业线 |
[39:28] | What are you doing? | 伊迪 你在做什么 |
[39:33] | And the skirt that’s so short | 还有超短裙 |
[39:36] | because she knows that guys love long legs. | 她知道男人都喜欢大长腿 |
[39:41] | And the heels, the ones that make her legs look even longer. | 还有高跟鞋 让她的腿显得更长 |
[39:47] | Edie, please. | 伊迪 别这样 |
[39:48] | Forget the bra that holds her breasts | 忘记她的胸罩 这能托住她的乳房 |
[39:51] | a little higher than they are on their own these days. | 让胸部更为坚挺 |
[40:00] | And the panties… | 还有内裤 |
[40:04] | The ones that hide the scar from my C-section. | 盖住了剖腹产留下的伤疤 |
[40:19] | This is it. | 好了 |
[40:22] | Hi, Carlos. I’m Edie. | 你好 卡洛斯 我是伊迪 |
[40:28] | I might not be the woman | 就算穿着那身衣服 |
[40:29] | that you thought I was under all of that, | 我也可能不是你想象中的样子 |
[40:33] | but I’m real and I’m here. | 但我是真实的 我就在这里 |
[40:43] | And I’m asking for a chance. | 我要一个重生的机会 |
[41:02] | Hey, Andrew. | 安德鲁 |
[41:05] | Oh thanks. He’s gonna be OK. | 谢谢 他会没事的 |
[41:08] | No, no, absolutely not. We will open tonight as usual. | 不 不 没关系 今晚我们照常营业 |
[41:14] | Hey, it’s gonna be fine, Andrew. I will take care of it. | 会没事的 安德鲁 我来接手 |
[41:18] | It’s my job now. | 现在这是我的工作了 |
[41:20] | OK. See you soon. Bye. | 好的 回头见 再见 |
[41:28] | In every housewife’s closet there’s an article of clothing | 每个家庭主妇的衣柜里 都有一件衣服 |
[41:33] | that tells you more about its owner | 会让你发现它的主人 |
[41:35] | than she would want you to know. | 并不为人知的一面 |
[41:38] | It might be a shirt that she despises, | 可能是她讨厌的一件T恤 |
[41:41] | but wears without complaint. | 但依然毫无怨言地穿上了 |
[41:44] | Perhaps it’s some lingerie | 也许是一件内衣 |
[41:47] | she knows isn’t hers, but refuses to discuss. | 她知道并非属己 但却拒绝面对 |
[41:55] | Or a dress she once loved, | 或者以前所钟爱的一条裙子 |
[41:59] | that she can no longer bear to look at. | 但永远不想多瞅一眼 |
[42:04] | Yes, you can learn a lot about women | 是的 从女人的穿着 |
[42:08] | from what they choose to wear. | 你可以对她们增进了解 |
[42:12] | You can learn even more by what they choose to take off… | 而她们所脱下的衣裳 亦能让你悟得更多 |
[42:18] | … and who they take it off for. | 还有那个赤身以对的人 |