时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | but no adoption agency’s gonna touch us now. | 这下再没有领养中心 肯跟我们联系了 |
[00:03] | there are ways to get babies, carlos. $20,000. | 还有很多别的办法 carlos 2万块 |
[00:07] | wheels were put in motion… i love you. | 计划开始运转… 我爱你 |
[00:10] | aw, thank you. | 啊 谢谢你 |
[00:11] | i love mike. | 我爱mike |
[00:15] | true emotions wererevealed… who the hell is mike? | 真情开始流露… 该死的谁是mike? |
[00:18] | perception is reality, andrew. | 人的感觉就是事实, |
[00:20] | my name is bree, and i am an alcoholic. | 我叫bree, 我是个嗜酒者 |
[00:23] | and false pretenses became a way of life. | 伪装开始变成 生活的一部分 |
[00:31] | gabrielle solis had always been a demanding shopper. | 是个非常挑剔的顾客 |
[00:34] | carlos, come on! they’re here! | carlos 快点! 他们到了! |
[00:38] | and whatever the purchase, | 不管是什么东西 |
[00:40] | she always expected the very best. | 她都期望 能买到最好的 |
[00:46] | whether it was exotic perfume shipd over from paris… | 无论是从巴黎进口的 异国香水… |
[00:51] | a high fashion gown straight from a runway in milan… | 从米兰运来的 时髦睡衣… |
[00:57] | or designer shoes flown in from manhattan, | 还是曼哈顿设计师 设计的女鞋 |
[01:01] | but on this day, | 但是这一天 |
[01:03] | her expectations were going to be put to the test. | 她的期望 将经受一次考验 |
[01:07] | you see, gabrielle was now shopping for a baby, | 因为gabrielle这次 要买个孩子 |
[01:10] | and there was a problem… | 但它的制造商… |
[01:13] | with the manufacturer. | 有点问题 |
[01:19] | mostly, i just wanna feel like i’m giving my baby | 总之 我希望能把自己的孩子 |
[01:21] | to people who have what it takes to be really great parents. | 交给一对真正完美的父母 |
[01:25] | well, you won’t find another couple | 你肯定再找不到比我们 |
[01:27] | with more love for a child. (chuckles) | 更爱小孩的夫妻了 |
[01:30] | isn’t that right, honey? honey? | 对吗 亲爱的? 亲爱的? |
[01:33] | right. right, uh, lots of le. | 对 对, 嗯, 非常爱. |
[01:37] | honey, can i talk to you for a second? | 亲爱的 我们去那边谈谈 |
[01:39] | yeah. | 好 |
[01:44] | okay. okay, look, we have to find another mother. | 我们得换个别的母亲 |
[01:47] | why? okay, this isn’t easy to say, so i’m just gonna say it, | -为什么? -这话不好说,但我还是得问你 |
[01:50] | but have you taken a good look at her? oh, my god. | -你看到她的长相了吗? -我的天 |
[01:53] | are you trying to say that you don’t want deana’s baby | 你不是说你不打算要deana的孩子 |
[01:55] | because she’s plain? no, plain i can handle. | -就因为她长得不好看? -不 只是不好看我倒还能忍 |
[01:57] | carlos, since that woman has walked into ou ihouse, | 这个女的一走进咱们家 |
[01:59] | the clocks have stopped working. | 连表都不走了 |
[02:01] | no one can predict what a child is gonna look like. | 你能这样就推断出孩子的长相吗? |
[02:03] | for all you know, her kid could end up winning beauty contests. | 这孩子说不定将来能拿选美冠军 |
[02:06] | with her d.n.a., | 就凭那种基因? |
[02:07] | the only thing that kid’s gonna be winning is best in show. | 这孩子只能拿到 宠物狗的冠军 |
[02:10] | look, carlos, i am sorry, but i want a pretty baby, | carlos, 很抱歉, 但我想要个漂亮点的孩子, |
[02:12] | so let’s find another mother. mnh-mnh. i’m not gonna let | -我们换另外的母亲看看吧. -不 我不能任由 |
[02:15] | your shallow obsession with looks screw this up. | 你的肤浅而把这事儿搅黄. |
[02:17] | i want a child–any child. | 我只想要个孩子 怎样的孩子都行. |
[02:19] | fine. just know that in a couple of days, | 好吧 不过你要知道 |
[02:22] | when that thing is born, | 要不了几个月 |
[02:24] | and you’re gonna have to cuddle and snuggle up | 你就得天天抱着一个 |
[02:26] | with something with that face on it, | 长着一张丑脸的小东西 |
[02:28] | don’t come crying to me. | 到时候可别冲我哭 |
[02:36] | i’m sorry. | 不好意思. |
[02:38] | now where were we? | 我们说到哪儿了? |
[02:39] | we were just talking about the custody arrangement | 我们说到deana |
[02:41] | once deana gives birth. | 生产时候的安排 |
[02:43] | it’s usually best that the mother | 一般来说生母最好 |
[02:45] | doesn’t see the child at all. | 别见到孩子 |
[02:47] | so as soon as the doctors finish giving their initial checkup… | 所以到时候一旦孩子接生下来… |
[03:01] | …the baby will be handed over you. | …我就把它立刻交给你们 |
[03:04] | yes, gabrielle had always been a demanding shopper. | 没错 gabrielle 是个非常挑剔的顾客 |
[03:09] | sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:12] | because she knew there are some purchases… | 因为她知道 有些东西… |
[03:16] | that can’t be returned. | 买了就不能退 |
[03:23] | cync by lanmao www.1000fr.com | |
[03:26] | cync by lanmao www.1000fr.com | |
[03:29] | cync by lanmao www.1000fr.com | |
[04:02] | at 6:10 the next morning, | 第二天早上6:10 |
[04:04] | deana pruse went into premature labor | 提前分娩 |
[04:07] | d gave birth to what would t tually be | |
[04:09] | an incredibly attractive baby boy. | |
[04:15] | at 11:43, dr. hanson mills cut the umbilical cord, | 11:43 hanson mills医生 剪断脐带 |
[04:18] | forever separating mother and child. | 永远地分开了母子俩 |
[04:23] | at that exact same moment, | 也是在这个时候 |
[04:25] | dr. ron mccready entered the private room of susan mayer | ron mccready医生 走进susan mayer的病房 |
[04:28] | with every intention of severing their connection. | 准备与她彻底断绝关系 |
[04:33] | hey there. how’s it goin’? | 嘿 你怎么样? |
[04:35] | great. i’m about to be released. | 很好 就要出院了 |
[04:38] | oh, that’s terrific. who’s mike? | 哦 很好 谁是mike? |
[04:41] | i… | 我… |
[04:43] | why do you ask? | 你问这个干吗? |
[04:46] | i don’t know. no reason. | 没什么原因 |
[04:48] | ah, it’s jt,.. | 只是… |
[04:50] | just before the operation, | 在手术前 |
[04:52] | just before you went under, i said, “i love you,” | 刚给你打完麻药 我说 “我爱你” |
[04:55] | and you said, “i love mike.” | 而你说 “我爱mike” |
[04:57] | i did? | 真的吗? |
[05:01] | oh, is that why you han’t been in to see me since my surgery? | 所以手术后你才一直没来看我? |
[05:04] | answer the question. | 回答我的问题 |
[05:07] | i don’t even know a mike. | 我不认识什么mike |
[05:11] | everyone knows a mike. yes, everyone does know a mike. | -每个人都认识个叫mike的 -哦 |
[05:14] | actually, you’re right. i did know a mike in college. | 对 你说得对 我读大学的时候认识一个 |
[05:17] | we did this play together, “pippin.” it wasn’t very good. | 我们一起排了出话剧”pippin” 不怎么好看 |
[05:19] | anyways, i never thought of him, so you shouldn’t be accusing me. | 不管怎样 我从来没想过他 所以你不能指责我 |
[05:22] | i was probably just hallucinating. | 那只是麻药让我产生了幻觉 |
[05:24] | fine, fine. | 好吧 |
[05:26] | so… who’s the guy you’re married to? | 那么… 你嫁的那个人是谁? |
[05:29] | damn that nurse hisel! | 该死的hisel护士! |
[05:31] | or should i say, “who’s the guy you’re cating on?” | 或者我应该问 “你背叛的那个人是谁?” |
[05:34] | okay, yes, i did remarry my ex, | 好吧 没错 我跟前夫又借了一次婚 |
[05:36] | but it was only because he has great health insurance. | 但那只是因为他有全套医疗保险 |
[05:39] | did miss blabbermouth tell you that, too? | 那位多嘴的小姐 跟你说这个了吗? |
[05:41] | you–you committed insurance fraud? only in the legal sense. | |
[05:44] | and i just didn’t tell you because i wanted to protect you. | |
[05:47] | susan– okay, you know what? | -好吧 这样吧 |
[05:49] | you should come over to dinner and meet karl, and you can see | 咱们应该一起吃顿饭 也让你见见karl |
[05:52] | that there is absolutely nothing between us. | 你就知道我和他之间什么事都没有 |
[05:54] | so wait, once you’re fully recovered | |
[05:57] | you’re gonna divorce him? | |
[05:58] | oh, yeah, that’s the plan. i swear. | |
[06:01] | and you swear that you’re not in love with anyone named mike? | |
[06:05] | sure. | 当然 |
[06:11] | okay. | 好吧 |
[06:13] | come here. | 来 |
[06:15] | i believe you. | 我相信你 |
[06:20] | (man) next morning, i woke up in an alley. | 第二天早上 我在小巷里醒来 |
[06:22] | my wallet had been stolen. | 我的钱包被偷了 |
[06:24] | i was lying in a pool of my own vomit. | 我躺在一堆自己吐出来的污秽里 |
[06:26] | that’s when i knew i’d hit rock bottom. | 那恐怕是我最丢脸的一次了 |
[06:32] | okay, who’s next? | 好的 下一个 |
[06:36] | bree. | |
[06:38] | oh! um, i couldn’t possibly top that. | 哦! 我可没他那么丢脸 |
[06:42] | thank you, though. | 不过 谢谢 |
[06:48] | (indistinct conversations) | |
[06:53] | hi. before coming to these meetings, | 在来这里之前 |
[06:56] | i never realized how messy substance abusers can be. | 我没想到有的人能 让房间乱成这样 |
[06:59] | we usually leave the doughnut crumbs | 我们通常把这些面包屑留给 |
[07:01] | for the overeaters anonymous group at meets after us. | 后面那个饮食过度小组 |
[07:03] | you know, just to mess with ’em. | 交给他们打扫 |
[07:06] | you’re awful. | 你们真过分 |
[07:08] | so… tell me, bree, how long have you been sober? | 嗯… 告诉我, bree, 你多久没喝酒了? |
[07:10] | gosh, um… | 哦 嗯… |
[07:13] | i’m not exactly sure. | 我记不得了 |
[07:15] | oh. is somebody still drinking? | 哦 难道你还在喝? |
[07:18] | now why would you say that? | 你怎么这么说? |
[07:20] | never met an alcoholic yet | 我还从来没见过哪个嗜酒者 |
[07:22] | who didn’t know exactly how long it’d been since his last drink. | 不记得他上次喝酒是什么时候 |
[07:29] | okay, you got me. | 好吧 被你发现了 |
[07:32] | i’m not really an alcoholic. | 其实我不是什么嗜酒者 |
[07:34] | you don’t say. | 不会吧 |
[07:36] | it’s true. i’m coming here because of my son. | 是真的 我来这里只是为了我儿子 |
[07:38] | you see, he’s–he’s trying to take me to court to become | 他…他试图把我告上法庭 |
[07:41] | an emancipated minor, and he’s planning on lying to the judge | 他想脱离我的监护 他打算骗法官说 |
[07:45] | and telling him that i am some sort of dreadful lush. | 我是个有虐待倾向的酒鬼 |
[07:47] | so i’m coming to these meetings to give the impression | 所以我来参加这个聚会 |
[07:50] | that i have changed. but you don’t really need to change | 好证明我改变了 |
[07:53] | because you don’t have a problem with alcohol. | 但事实上你并不需要改变 因为你本来就不是酒鬼 |
[07:55] | exactly. | 非常正确 |
[07:58] | i’ll tell you what… | 这个… |
[07:59] | here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[08:02] | and if you ever do have a problem | 如果你真有酒精方面的问题 |
[08:04] | or you just feel like talking, give me a call, okay? | 或者你需要找人谈谈 给我打电话 好吗? |
[08:06] | i know you think i’m kidding myself, | 我知道你觉得我在自欺欺人 |
[08:09] | but i’m not. | 可我没有 |
[08:10] | i’m nothing like you people. | 我跟你们可不一样 |
[08:12] | i just don’t have a compulsive personality. | 我绝对没有成瘾 |
[08:17] | hmm. | 嗯 |
[08:24] | word is out all over town that you’re unhappy at zimms, | 全世界人都知道 你在zimms过得不好 |
[08:27] | so why not jump ship and come to parcher & murphy? | 干吗不跳槽 来我们parcher & murphy? |
[08:31] | i swear, veronica, you would fit in so well here. | 我发誓 veronica 你会在这儿过得很好的 |
[08:33] | i do need to make a change, lynette, | 我是想换个环境 lynette |
[08:35] | but the money you’re offering… | 但你提供的薪水… |
[08:38] | yeah, it sucks, but there are other perks– | 对 是不高 但有很多其他的福利 |
[08:40] | the expense account, the corner office… i don’t know. | -公款支付账户、位置最好的办公室… -我不知道 |
[08:43] | you’re just gonna have to give me some time to think about it. | 给我点时间让我考虑考虑 |
[08:45] | fair enough, fair gh. okay, what is your secret? | 很正常 很正常 |
[08:48] | how can you eat like that and keep your figure? | |
[08:51] | it’s the breast-feeding. it burns so many calories. | |
[08:54] | it’s like having a treadmillstrap | 相当于进行了高强度的体育运动 |
[08:57] | i didn’t know you had a child. | 我不知道你都有孩子了 |
[09:00] | yes, my son donovan. he’s the love of my life. | 是啊 我儿子donovan 我的最爱 |
[09:02] | really, veronica? | 是吗 veronica? |
[09:04] | well, you know, there’s another perk that i just thought of. | 我忽然想到我们公司还有一项福利 |
[09:11] | oh, my gosh, this is fantastic! | 哦 天哪 这太好了! |
[09:14] | they don’t have day care at zimms. | zimms可没有日托 |
[09:16] | how can they not? | 这怎么能没有呢? |
[09:18] | for working parents like you and me, it’s a necessity. | 对于像你和我这样的上班族 日托必不可少 |
[09:21] | so is the pot getting sweeter? | 现在对这份工作感觉怎么样? |
[09:23] | would people here be cool about my breast-feeding donovan? | 这儿的人应该不介意 我给donovan喂奶吧? |
[09:25] | the guys at zimms were real jerks about that. | zimms的那些混蛋 对此根本不能理解 |
[09:27] | parcher & murphy is completely mother-friendly. | 对每位母亲都很友善 |
[09:29] | no one would say a word. | 绝对没有人会说什么的 |
[09:31] | oh! | 哦! |
[09:34] | what the heck, i’m in. | 好吧 我加入 |
[09:36] | yeah? well, that’s fantastic! | 真的? 哦 真太好了! |
[09:38] | oh, my god, whose kids are those? | 哦 我的天 那几个是谁的孩子? |
[09:41] | (shouting and laughing) | |
[09:44] | i have absolutely no idea. | 我不知道 |
[09:46] | let’s go hammer out the details. okay. | -让我们去讨论一下细节 -好 |
[09:50] | (carlos) mm. ooh. | 嗯 哦 |
[09:52] | (gabrielle) these can’t be our only choices, mr. beale. | |
[09:55] | i mean, come on. | |
[09:57] | each girl is uglier than the next. | 一个比一个难看 |
[09:59] | look, finding a gorgeous pregnant woman who’s willing | 要找个漂亮的孕妇 |
[10:01] | to give her baby to a couple with a criminal record | 愿意把自己的孩子交到 一对有犯罪记录的夫妇手上 |
[10:04] | isn’t exactly a walk in the park. i don’t care if it’s a walk in the sewer. | -可不像在公园里散步那么简单 -我可不管 哪怕是在下水道散步呢 |
[10:06] | we are hemorrhaging money into your bank account, | 我们给你的银行账户上 打了那么一大笔钱 |
[10:09] | and i expect to see results. you know, mrs. solis, | -只想看到结果 -solis夫人 知道吗 |
[10:11] | you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. | |
[10:14] | if i wanted to catch flies, | |
[10:16] | all i would have to do is call up one of these girls. | 我从这些女的里面随便挑一个就行了 |
[10:19] | trust me, the flies would follow. | 相信我 苍蝇会跟着她的 |
[10:21] | (intercom beeps) (woman) excuse me, sir, there’s a libby collins here for you. | 打扰了 先生 有位叫libby collins的女士来访 |
[10:24] | i’ll be right out there. uh, i took the liberty | 我马上出去 嗯 你们亲自 |
[10:27] | of inviting this girl down here to meet you. | 来看看这个女孩吧 |
[10:30] | now i wouldn’t exactly say she’s a quality human being, | 我不想说她是个高质量的人选 |
[10:32] | but she is attractive. | 但她的确不错 |
[10:34] | if you don’t respond to her, i’m afraid i’m out of ideas. | 如果这一次你还不满意 我不得不说我也没办法了 |
[10:37] | (sighs) | |
[10:39] | he’s going to dump us as clients | 你再像这样挑剔 |
[10:41] | if you don’t stop being so damn picky. | 他就真的撒手不干了! |
[10:43] | we’re gonna have to stare at this face | 我们得盯着一张脸 |
[10:45] | for the next 18 years. | 看至少18年 |
[10:47] | i don’t think now is the time to skimp on quality. | 我不觉得对质量 要求苛刻一点有什么不对 |
[10:50] | (mr. beale) gabrielle, carlos… | |
[10:52] | i’d like you to meet libby. | 这个是libby |
[11:01] | well, now, this i can work with. | 这一个我觉得还不错 |
[11:05] | so getting pregnant | 怀孕 |
[11:07] | was the worst thing that could’ve ever happened to me, | 是我所经历过的最糟糕的事 |
[11:09] | ’cause i went into debt and i had to stop performing. | 害我背了一身债 也不能再表演了 |
[11:12] | libby’s a pole dancer in a strip club. | libby是一家 脱衣舞俱乐部的钢管舞女 |
[11:15] | oh! | 哦! |
[11:17] | wow, that–that sounds like interesting work. | 听起来是个很有意思的工作 |
[11:19] | you’d think so, but it gets old quickly. | 是啊 但这个是吃青春饭 |
[11:22] | my big dream is to become a choreographer. | 我最大的梦想是成为舞蹈设计 |
[11:25] | really? yeah. i made up this one move. | -是吗? -对 我编过一小段 |
[11:27] | it’s called “the serpent’s tongue,” | 叫”蛇之舌” |
[11:29] | and all the girls at the club are doing it now. it’s so cool. | 现在俱乐部的每个女孩儿都在跳这个 很好看 |
[11:32] | if i had a pole i could show you. | 要是有钢管的话我一定跳给你看 |
[11:34] | well, we’ll have to go down to the club and check that out. | 哦 我们回头会去你的俱乐部看看的 |
[11:37] | we’ll make a night of it. yeah, we’ll do that. | -哪天晚上去看看 -好啊 没问题 |
[11:40] | so, libby, who’s the father? | 那么 libby 孩子的父亲是谁? |
[11:43] | honesty, i don’t know. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[11:44] | i mean, there’s a lot of guys who come into the club, | 我是说 很多男人都来我们俱乐部 |
[11:47] | and they all buy me drinks, | 他们会给我买酒 |
[11:49] | and sometimes i get a little bit more friendly than i intend to. | 有时候如果我愿意的话 我会表现的热情一点 |
[11:52] | i hope you don’t think i’m a slut. | 但愿你们不会认为 我是妓女 |
[11:54] | no! | 不! |
[11:55] | no. no, actually, all we think about | 不 事实上 我们看到你 |
[11:57] | when we look at you is how pretty yoare. | 只觉得你真的很漂亮 |
[12:01] | well, i’ve heard enough, mr. beale. | 嗯 说得差不多了 beale先生 |
[12:03] | if libby here likes us as much as much as we like her, | 如果libby像我们喜欢她一样的喜欢我们 |
[12:06] | we should just go ahead and move to adopt her baby girl. | 就可以讨论收养孩子的具体细节了 |
[12:09] | first, we should probably talk about how much money i want. | 我们先谈谈我能拿到多少钱吧 |
[12:13] | whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. (chuckles) | 哦哦哦哦 |
[12:16] | nobody’s buying a baby here. that’s illegal. | 买卖孩子可是违法的行为 |
[12:17] | money can never exchange hands. | 这里可不进行现金交易 |
[12:20] | libby, you’ll make a list of your expenses, | libby 你列一张花费的清单 |
[12:22] | and the solises here will pay. | solise夫妇会帮你结账 |
[12:24] | oh, but can’t they also buy me gifts? | 哦 那他们能再送我些礼物吗? |
[12:26] | i knew this one girl who gave up her baby, and she got a harley. | 我听说有个女孩把孩子送人之后 得到了一辆哈雷摩托 |
[12:29] | well, i don’t know that we can afford a harley, but i’m sure | 嗯 我想我们可能不会买哈雷摩托 |
[12:33] | we’ll find some way to express our gratitude. | 但是我保证我们会通过其他方式 来表达谢意 |
[12:36] | okay. | 好吧 |
[12:38] | whatever. | 随便啦 |
[12:40] | well, my lunch break is over, | 嗯 我的午休时间结束了 |
[12:42] | so i have get back to the club. | 我得回俱乐部去 |
[12:45] | till i get rid of this kid, they got me slinging drinks. | 我怀孕之后 他们就让我卖酒赚小费 |
[12:48] | it was really nice to meet you, mr. and mrs. soulless. | 真的很高兴见到你们 soulless先生和夫人 |
[12:51] | oh, it’sctually pronounced solis. | 其实应该是solis |
[12:53] | sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:54] | so what kind of name is that? | 这是哪里的姓? |
[12:56] | uh, it’s mexican. | 哦 是墨西哥姓 |
[12:57] | both our families come from guadalajara. | 我的家人都是从guadalajara过来的 |
[12:59] | huh. | 哦 |
[13:02] | i figured you were italian. | 我还以为你是意大利裔 |
[13:04] | nope. latino. proud of it. (chuckles) | 不 是墨西哥 十分引以为豪 |
[13:08] | good for you. | 很好 |
[13:15] | wow, she’s… gorgeous. | 哦 她…很漂亮 |
[13:18] | yeah. my little girl’s gonna inherit some wonderful genes. | 是啊 我女儿将继承这种漂亮的基因 |
[13:22] | is this libby’s real hair color? | 这是libby的真实发色吗? |
[13:24] | yes, it’s all natural, | 是的 纯天然 |
[13:25] | from her straight teeth to her “c” cup. | 从整齐的牙齿到C罩杯 |
[13:27] | and i know she’s athletic because she’s a pole dancer, | 她运动细胞应该也比较发达 因为她是跳钢管舞的 |
[13:30] | so i really hope | 我希望 |
[13:31] | that my little girl inherits that as well. | 我女儿也能继承这一点 |
[13:34] | no, the athletic gene, not the pole dancing gene. | 不,我是说运动基因 不是钢管舞基因 |
[13:37] | (chuckles) | |
[13:39] | (karl) susie, baby? | susie 亲爱的 |
[13:42] | oh, i got your call, uh… i thought i’d stop by. | 哦 我接到你的电话… 就过来看看 |
[13:44] | i didn’t realize you had company. hello, ladies. | 我不知道这儿有这么多人 女士们 你们好 |
[13:46] | um, we’ll just be a second. just wheel me. | 嗯 失陪一下 推我过去 |
[13:49] | be right back. | 马上回来 |
[13:51] | just be a second. | 就一会儿 |
[13:53] | did he just call her “baby”? | 他刚刚是叫她”亲爱的”吗? |
[13:55] | yeah. when did they stop hating each other? | 是啊 他们什么时候开始不恨对方的? |
[13:58] | i need you to ditch edie tomorrow night | 我要你明天晚上撇下edie |
[14:01] | and have dinner with dr. ron and me. | 跟我还有ron医生一起吃顿饭 |
[14:03] | now why would i do that? | 我为什么要这样做? |
[14:05] | well, for starters, because you banged your secretary, | 嗯 因为你跟你的助理上床 |
[14:07] | and you owe me for the rest of your life. | 所以你欠我整个下半生 |
[14:09] | i’ll bring the wine. | 我带瓶酒去 |
[14:11] | well, you know, before mike came along, | 嗯 知道吗 在mike出现前 |
[14:13] | i always just assumed they’d get back together. why? | -我一直以为他们俩会复合 -为什么? |
[14:16] | i thought they always annoyed the heck out of each other. | |
[14:18] | you didn’t know them during the good times. | |
[14:20] | i mean, there was such a spark between them, so much passion. | |
[14:23] | they would always make each other laugh. | |
[14:26] | you actually told dr. ron that you still love mike? | 你真的告诉ron医生你爱mike? |
[14:29] | okay, will you shut up? it’s not funny. i was drugged. | 你能不能闭嘴? 没那么好笑 是麻药在起作用 |
[14:32] | right. sorry, sorry. | 对 不好意思 |
[14:33] | so how’d you get out of that one? | 那他怎么原谅你的? |
[14:35] | (sighs) i lied and i told him i didn’t know a mike. | 我撒了谎 我告诉他我不认识mike |
[14:38] | everyone knows a mike. i am aware of that. | -每个人都会认识个叫mike的 -我后来意识到了 |
[14:41] | so why didn’t you just–because | -你为什么不直接… -因为我害怕 |
[14:44] | dr. ron hadn’t come in to see me since the operation | ron医生手术后一直没有来看过我 |
[14:47] | and i was feeling insecure and… | 我觉得没有安全感… |
[14:49] | (whispers) i just didn’t feel like the truth | |
[14:52] | was a luxury i could afford. | |
[14:54] | (normal voice) ygo ahead. you may resume laughing. | 好吧 好吧 你接着笑吧 |
[15:00] | uh… | 嗯… |
[15:01] | ladies, always a pleasure. and you, i’ll see you tomorrow. | 两位女士 见到你们我很荣幸 你嘛 就明天见 |
[15:10] | what? | 怎么啦? |
[15:12] | this is just a preliminary sketch, | 这只是草图 |
[15:14] | but you see what i’m thinking of? | 你能明白我的想法吧? |
[15:16] | i love it. i just love it. let get a copy to ed. | 我很喜欢 非常喜欢 我们再画一张给ed看看吧 |
[15:19] | (cell phone rings), t, i gotta take this one. | 我得接个电话 |
[15:21] | i’m sorry. it’s tom. that’s okay. my nanny is here with my son. | -不好意思 是Tom -没关系 保姆带我儿子过来了 |
[15:24] | i need to go feed him anyway. perfect! take your time. | -我得过去喂他 -好吧 不着急 |
[15:27] | hey, honey. how’s the big apple treating ya? | 嘿 亲爱的 那个大苹果公司对你怎么样? |
[15:29] | good. did those, uh, snooty clients like yo pitch? | 那些用鼻孔看人的家伙喜欢你的广告吗? |
[15:33] | well, that’s perfect. | 哦 那太好了 |
[15:35] | excellent. | 好极了 |
[15:38] | uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[15:44] | um, i’m… | 嗯 我… |
[15:45] | i’m, um… i’m gonna have– i’m gonna call you back. | 我 嗯… 我… 我待会儿打给你 |
[16:16] | oh, my god! (squeals) | 哦 我的天 |
[16:20] | hello there! | 你们好! |
[16:22] | i thought you and your friend might like some snacks. | 我想你跟你的朋友一定想吃点小点心 |
[16:25] | he’s my lawyer, and this is privileged communication, | 他是我的律师 我们的交谈需要保密 |
[16:28] | so get out. andrew, there’s no need to be rude. | -所以快走 -andrew 别这么粗鲁 |
[16:31] | this is very kind of you, mrs. van de kamp. | 你想得很周到 van de kamp夫人 |
[16:34] | well, i’m still appalled that you’re helping my son | 嗯 对于你帮我儿子争取 那个荒唐的自主权 |
[16:36] | with this ridiculous emancipation scheme, | 我还是很震惊 |
[16:38] | but you are a guest in my house, and guests get sandwiches. | 但既然你是我家的客人 就应该得到一份三明治 |
[16:42] | you know, if you’d let me go to his office, you wouldn’t have | 如果你肯让我去他办公室谈 |
[16:46] | to pretend to be nice to him. andrew, there may be a judge out there | |
[16:50] | stupid enough to emancipate you, | |
[16:52] | but until you find him, i retain all my parental rights, | |
[16:54] | one of which is to ground your sorry behind until kingdom come. | 其中一条就是帮你远离麻烦 直到世界末日 |
[16:58] | mr. bormanis, nice to see you again. | bormanis先生 很高兴见到你 |
[17:01] | and, um, please don’t get crumbs on my carpet. | 嗯 请不要把面包屑撒在我的地毯上 |
[17:06] | you have got to get me out of here. | 你可得把我从这儿救出去 |
[17:08] | that bitch is driving me crazy. | 那个婊子快把我逼疯了 |
[17:10] | this case is not a slam dunk. | 这可不像扣球入篮那么简单 |
[17:12] | her drinking was supposed to be our silver bullet, | 酗酒是我们手里唯一一发子弹 |
[17:14] | but since she joined a.a.– we’ve gotta do something, | -但既然她加入了嗜酒者互诫协会… -我们得想点办法 |
[17:17] | because if she wins, she’s gonna own me. my advice? | -一旦她赢了,我就再也摆脱不了她了 -要我的建议吗? |
[17:20] | convince her it’s in her best interest to let you go. | 让她明白只有放你走 她才能得到最大的利益 |
[17:23] | you don’t wanna see the inside of a courtroom. why? | -你最好不要出庭 -为什么? |
[17:26] | in family court, appearance means everything. | 在家庭法庭上 外表很说明问题 |
[17:29] | if she came off abusive or stoned or even uncaring, | 如果她看起来凶悍、冷酷或者漠然 |
[17:33] | we’d be in good shape. | 对我们就很有利 |
[17:35] | but if there’s one thing your mom understands… | 但要说有一件事你妈妈 再明白不过的… |
[17:37] | it’s presentation. | 就是外表的重要性 |
[17:48] | can i borrow $50? | 我能借50块钱吗? |
[17:49] | purse. | 钱包 |
[17:55] | (stops playing) why do you want so much money? | 你要这么多钱干吗? |
[17:58] | i’m 19. sometimes i need money. do i have to be interrogated? | 我都19岁了 难道我要点钱还得做个口供吗? |
[18:01] | you do if you want a dime out of me. | 要想从我这里拿钱你就得这样 |
[18:03] | what’s it for? | 做什么用的? |
[18:05] | danielle’s having her birthday next week. | danielle下周过生日 |
[18:07] | i just wanna be sure i can get her a decent present. | 我总得给她买个像样的礼物 |
[18:10] | write her a poem. it’s free. | 给她写首诗 一分钱不用花 |
[18:13] | (resumes playing piano) | |
[18:16] | is there something else you want? | 你还要什么吗? |
[18:19] | do you think i like to beg for money? | 你觉得我在求你施舍吗? |
[18:22] | i do this because you won’t let me get a job. | 我这样做还不是因为你不让我工作 |
[18:25] | looking after your brother is a full-time job | 照看你哥哥就是个全职工作 |
[18:27] | for both of us, and you know that. well, screw him! | -这对我们俩都好 -那干脆干掉他! |
[18:29] | matthew! no, i’m serious, mom, because we have both | |
[18:32] | put our entire lives on hold, and for what? | |
[18:35] | it’s been almost a year and he hasn’t gotten any better. i see him improving! | |
[18:37] | that’s because you see what you wanna see! | 那是因为你只看你想看的结果! |
[18:41] | it is time to put him away, mom. | 我们应该把他送走 妈妈 |
[18:43] | just let some professionals take care of him. | 让专门的人来照看他 |
[18:45] | we wouldn’t have to move. we could have our lives back. | 我们就不用搬家 我们就能恢复正常生活 |
[18:50] | what’s wrong? | 发生什么事? |
[18:54] | you fighting? | -你们打架吗? -不 亲爱的 |
[18:57] | matthew’s friend danielle has a birthday coming up. | matthew的朋友danielle 马上要过生日了 |
[19:00] | we were just talking about what gift to give her. | 我们正在讨论送她什么礼物 |
[19:03] | well, i was thinking jewelry… | 嗯 我想送首饰… |
[19:06] | so 50 bucks should do it. | 50块钱就差不多了 |
[19:11] | why not $20? you don’t wanna spoil her. | 20快怎么样? 你别把她惯坏了 |
[19:21] | on page 6 is an e of the new print ad. check it out. | 第六页是这次平面广告的样图 你们觉得怎么样 |
[19:24] | i’m thirsty. | 我渴了 |
[19:26] | oh, shh, honey, everyone’s working. | 哦 亲爱的 大家都在工作 |
[19:28] | i’m sorry. this will just take a sec. | 很抱歉 我失陪一会儿 |
[19:35] | is it just me, or is that bizarre? | 到底是我的问题 还是那个怪胎? |
[19:38] | it’s bizarre. totally birre. | 是那个怪胎 绝对是那个怪胎 |
[19:44] | we gotta make her stop this. y, h,don’t get me wrong | -我们不能再让她这么干 -你们别搞错了 |
[19:48] | i find that as bizarre as you guys do. | 我也觉得她是个怪胎 |
[19:50] | but right now this firm needs veronica more than she needs us. | 但是公司现在真的非常需要她 |
[19:53] | telling a mother how to raise her kids is an act of war. | 告诉一个母亲怎么带孩子 无疑会引起一场战争 |
[19:56] | we willose her. the kid is 5. it’s disgusting! | -我们会失去她的 -那孩子已经5岁了 真恶心! |
[20:00] | yeah, weye, we’ll just ask her | 没错 那我们就告诉她 |
[20:02] | to keep the blinds always drawn when she nurses. | |
[20:08] | and god forbid a client sees her. | 而且万一被客户看到了… |
[20:10] | okay,so’s gna tell her | 好吧 谁去告诉她 |
[20:19] | you’re a woman. it’s easier for you | 你是女人 跟她谈喂奶这种事 |
[20:22] | to talk to her about milk and boobs and stuff. | 你会相对容易一点 |
[20:24] | no! no, uh, please, don’t make me do it. | 不不不 拜托 别让我做这个 |
[20:27] | why don’t you have jerry tell her? | |
[20:28] | i made a pass at her yesterday. it’d be weird. | |
[20:31] | you could do it without offending her. | 你可以想办法不冒犯她 |
[20:33] | come on, lynette. take one for the team. | 去吧 lynette 为了我们这个团队 |
[20:41] | okay. but for the record, the team is made up of wimps. | 好吧 但档案上必须记下 这个团队的男人都是懦夫 |
[20:45] | well, the team’s aware of that and accepts your loathing. | 好 团队接受你的指责 会加以改进 |
[20:51] | yeah? hi. no. no, no. | 谁? 嗨,不,不,不 |
[20:55] | we were just out buying some stuff for the baby. what’s up? | 我们只是外出帮未来的宝宝做准备 什么事? |
[20:59] | seriously? | 你确定? |
[21:01] | okay. | 好吧 |
[21:04] | thanks for calling. | 谢谢你的通知 |
[21:07] | what is it? | 谁打来的? |
[21:10] | that was our lawyer. libby rejected us as parents. | 我们的律师 libby拒绝由我们抚养她的孩子 |
[21:13] | why? because we’re mexican. | 为什么? 因为我们是墨西哥人 |
[21:15] | what?! why, i– that’s discrimination. | 什么?怎么会!我– 这是典型的歧视 |
[21:17] | it’s illegal. we could have her arrested. it’s her baby. | 根本不合法,我们可以让她进监狱 这是她的孩子 |
[21:20] | she can do whatever the hell she wants to with it. | 她想把这孩子怎么样都行 |
[21:23] | damn it. | 可恶! |
[21:24] | no! no, you don’t just toss people aside | 不可以!不行!你不能因为肤色 就对那些人置之不理 |
[21:27] | because of the color of their skin. we tossed those birth mothers aside | 我们也不过是因为那些母亲的长相 |
[21:29] | because of their appearance. well, that’s different. | 就把她们排除了 这是两码事 |
[21:32] | why? becai’ve read the constitution, | 为什么? 因为我看过宪法 |
[21:34] | and it does not protect ugly people. | 上面并不保护长相丑陋者 |
[21:36] | let’s not fight about it. it’s over. | 我们也不用再争了 都结束了 |
[21:38] | let’s just move on to the next one. no. no, no, no. | 我们另找一个好了 不,不行,不可以 |
[21:41] | i want that woman’s baby, and i’m gonna get it. | 我就要那女人的种 一定要弄到手 |
[21:46] | and just how are you gonna go about doing that? | 那你要怎么办? |
[21:49] | well, first of all, i’m gonna show her one of our tax returns. | 首先,我要让她看看 我们中任何一个的纳税单 |
[21:52] | once she sees how much money we have, | 一旦她知道我们是多么有钱 |
[21:54] | i have a hunch we’re gonna look a whole lot whiter. | 我肯定她一定会改变主意的 |
[21:58] | hey, veronica. hi, donovan! | 嘿, veronica 嗨, donovan |
[22:01] | my, he’s getting big. how old is he? | 他长得真快,多大了? |
[22:05] | he just turned 5. | 刚满5岁 |
[22:06] | oh, wow, he’s such a big boy. yeah. | 哦~是个大孩子了 没错 |
[22:09] | he you know, | 嘿,你知道 |
[22:11] | breast-feeding on this schedule must be a real hassle. | 这个年龄阶段还用母乳喂养 是件麻烦事 |
[22:13] | i remember i used to express my milk into a bottle. | 我记得自从我把牛奶灌进瓶子里 |
[22:16] | made my maso much so | 生活就轻松多了 |
[22:19] | is there a problem, lynette? | 有什么问题吗,lynette? |
[22:22] | the people in ffice feel a little… | 办公室里的那帮家伙觉得有点… |
[22:27] | concerned… | 担心… |
[22:28] | that you’re nursing a boy of donovan’s age. | 因为你在给 像donovan这么大的孩子喂奶 |
[22:34] | do they know breast milk boosts the immune system, | 他们知不知道母乳可以增强免疫系统 |
[22:36] | it’s loaded with vitamins, and in the third world, | 这里面含有很多维他命 而且在第三世界 |
[22:38] | it’s not unusual to nurse babies up to the age of 6? | 为一个6岁的孩子哺乳也是很正常的? |
[22:41] | yeah, well, in the third world, they don’t have juice xes. | 没错,不过在第三世界 他们还没有乳汁保鲜盒 |
[22:44] | this is donovan’s decision. | 这是donovan的决定 |
[22:46] | he will tell me when he’s ready to stop nursing. | 要是他不再需要我哺乳了 他会告诉我的 |
[22:49] | come on, baby birds don’t jump out of the nest. | 行了,小孩子总是会要更多的保护 |
[22:52] | they need to be pushed. | 你要教他们独立 |
[22:54] | did you also know | 你知不知道 |
[22:55] | that breast milk is thought to raise i.q. scores? | 乳汁还可以提高智商的? |
[23:05] | yeah, maybe if you had weaned your kids a bit later, | 所以,要是你让自己的孩子晚点断奶的话 |
[23:09] | they’d be more civilized. | 他们会更有教养的 |
[23:11] | ouch. | 噢~ |
[23:13] | i will not be judged by you or anyone else, | 我可不管你或者其他人对我有什么成见 |
[23:15] | and if people don’t like my breast-feeding, | 要是他们不满意我哺乳 |
[23:17] | they can talk to my lawyer. | 可以去和我的律师谈 |
[23:23] | (laughing) and then she took the salad bowl– | 接着她拿起盛有沙拉的碗– |
[23:25] | mm-hmm? | |
[23:26] | put it on the floor and said, | 放到地上说– |
[23:28] | “if you wanna act like a pig, you can eat like a pig.” | “如果你想扮得像猪 那就得有猪的吃相” |
[23:35] | you know, i never thought i’d have such a good time | 我从没想过我会和我的女朋友 |
[23:37] | hanging out with my girlfriend and her husband. | 还有她的老公相处得这么好 |
[23:39] | yeah, well, believe me, behind all the laughs, | 没错,不过,相信我 在这些笑声的背后 |
[23:42] | there’s still plenty of bitterness and resentment. oh, really? | 还是存有许多辛酸和怨恨的 哦,是吗? |
[23:44] | yeah. hey, what do you say you and i clear the table | 当然 嘿,我们两个大男人收拾一下桌子 |
[23:46] | and bring on dessert? no, no. i got it, i got it. | 把甜点端上来怎么样? 不,不用,我能行没问题 |
[23:49] | no, honey, you’re not gonna do anything. | 不,亲爱的 你什么都不用做 |
[23:51] | you’re in a wheelchair for a reason, okay? | 你不是随便坐在轮椅上的,懂吗? |
[23:53] | why don’t you let karl and i do the dishes? | 为什么不让我和karl来洗碗呢? |
[23:55] | all right, but if i catch you guys in there talking about me, | 好吧,要是我发现你们俩在厨房谈论我 |
[23:58] | you’re gonna be the one in a wheelchair. oh, really? | 你就是要和这轮椅为伴的人 哦,真的吗? |
[24:00] | yeah. mmm. yeah? | 当然 嗯? |
[24:02] | well, i think maybe the dishes can wait for a second. | 好吧,也许不用那么急着洗盘子 |
[24:04] | (whispers) just a second? (whispers) yeah, just a second. | 就一会儿? 就一会儿 |
[24:47] | what the hell? | 怎么回事? |
[24:49] | what’s the matter? | 什么事? |
[24:51] | aah! | 啊! |
[24:52] | jeez, ah, we got a leak. | 天呐,水管漏了 |
[24:54] | oh. i’ll sop up the water. | 哦,我来把水吸掉 |
[24:56] | why don’t you see go see the guy across the street? | 你去找街对面的那个家伙怎么样? |
[24:59] | he’s a plumber, in the gray house. | 那人是个水管工 住灰色房子的那个 |
[25:01] | all right. i’ll be right back. | 没问题,我马上回来 |
[25:04] | his name’s delfino. | 他叫delfino |
[25:09] | where’s he going? | 他去哪? |
[25:11] | oh, we’ve gowet of a plumbing emergency. | 哦,我们的水管出了点紧急状况 |
[25:13] | so you sent hi toike’s? | 于是你就让他去mike那儿? |
[25:15] | oh, my god. i am such an idiot! | 哦,我的天~我怎么会这么蠢! |
[25:17] | i wasn’ti ven thinking. karl! oh, god! | 我都没动脑子 karl!哦,天! |
[25:19] | there’s just so much water here. | 对着这么多水傻掉了 |
[25:22] | what were you thinking? oh, oh! | 你到底在想什么? 哦,哦! |
[25:27] | hi, mr. delfino? my name’s ron. my girlfriend is susan mayer. | 嗨,delfino先生?我叫ron Susan mayer是我的女朋友 |
[25:30] | you know, from across the street? | 你对街的那家,认识吗? |
[25:32] | yeah, yeah… | 当然,当然… |
[25:34] | i know her. | 我认识她 |
[25:36] | we’ve got kind of a burst pipe. | 她的水管好象是爆了 |
[25:38] | okay, um… | 好吧,恩… |
[25:40] | come on in while i get my tools. | 进来等我去拿工具 |
[25:42] | and you can call me mike. | 你叫我mike好了 |
[25:47] | oh! ugh! | 哦! |
[25:49] | oh, ah, okay. | 哦,阿,好了 |
[25:51] | i made it. | 我下来了 |
[25:53] | so… mike, have you, uh, have you known susan long? | 那么…mike你认识susan多久了? |
[25:56] | a year and a half. | 一年半 |
[25:58] | ah! ooh! | |
[26:00] | didn’t she mention we dated? | 她和你提过我们有过约会吗? |
[26:01] | no, no, she didn’t. she… she didn’t. | 没,她什么也没说 她,她没有 |
[26:08] | oh! | 哦! |
[26:10] | can you excuse me, please? (clears throat) | 不介意我先出去吧? |
[26:14] | that smarts! aah! | 好痛! |
[26:19] | liar! | 骗子! |
[26:21] | i take it you met mike. yeah, i did. | – 我知道你见过Mike了 – 是啊 我确实见了 |
[26:24] | please, please let me explain. | 请 , 请让我解释 |
[26:25] | no, just let go of me. ohh! | 不要 放开我 |
[26:29] | i’m sorry. okay. | – 对不起 – 没事 |
[26:30] | here, come on, let me help you. | 来吧 让我帮你一把 |
[26:33] | hey, get away from her! are you okay? i’m fine! | – 嘿! 别碰她! 你还好吗? – 我还行吧 |
[26:36] | what the hell is the matter with you? hey, that was an accident! | – 你TMD怎么回事? – 嘿 那只是次意外 |
[26:39] | that didn’t look like an accident. | 看上去并不像意外 |
[26:41] | okay, mike, just–it’s okay. just go home. | 好了 Mike 没关系 回家吧 |
[26:44] | yeah, go home, mike. | 对啊 回家 Mike |
[26:46] | you touch her like that again, you’re gonna be dealing with me. | 你再那样碰她 我饶不了你 |
[26:49] | you might wanna get out of my face. | 你或许该离开了 |
[26:51] | or what? | 否则怎样 |
[26:53] | (groans) okay. | 好了 |
[27:00] | ron, what are you doing? | ron, 你干嘛? |
[27:03] | oh, my god! | 哦 天哪 |
[27:05] | guys, stop it. stop it, right now! all right, all right. | – 伙计们 助手! 好吗? – 好了好了 |
[27:08] | i can’t believe i wasted my time with you. | |
[27:11] | you’ve just been leading me on! | |
[27:13] | you’re obviously still in love with this guy. | 而你却显然还爱着这个家伙 |
[27:16] | all right, i’m done. no, ron, don’t go! | – 好吧 我的事完了 – 不 Ron 不要走 |
[27:18] | don’t call me. | 别给我打电话 |
[27:20] | (engine starts) (susan) oh, ron! | 噢 Ron! |
[27:22] | oh! | 噢! |
[27:26] | ugh! | |
[27:28] | what the hell isrong with you? | 你TM怎么搞的 |
[27:30] | i thought he was hurting you. | 我以为他在伤害你 |
[27:32] | well, he wasn’t! | 他没有! |
[27:35] | and now my boyfriend is gone. | 现在我男朋友也没了 |
[27:39] | thank you very much. | 真该谢谢你! |
[27:52] | okay, but the pole is your friend, okay? | 好的 把钢管当成你的朋友 |
[27:55] | push your boobs up against it. oh, i can’t. they’re new. | – 用你的胸部顶住 – 不行 才隆的 |
[27:57] | well, do something, cecile. | |
[27:59] | i’m losing my wood down here. | |
[28:01] | wow! that’s a kickin’ outfit. | 哇哦 这身行头真棒! |
[28:04] | well, thank you, sweetie. | 哦 谢谢你 甜心 |
[28:07] | i clean up well for a wetback, don’t i? | 我是个体面的”湿背人”(偷渡)了 不是吗? |
[28:14] | look, i’m not some sort of racist. | 我并不是种族主义者 |
[28:16] | i just want what’s best for my baby girl. | 我只想为宝贝女儿找个好归宿 |
[28:19] | i mean, why should i settle for middle-class mexicans | 我的意思是 既然我能找到富裕的白人家庭 |
[28:21] | when i know i can find rich white folks to adopt her? | 为什么还要选一个 中产阶级的墨西哥人? |
[28:25] | please. do i look middle class to you? | 拜托 我看起来象中产阶级? |
[28:27] | well, you didn’t seem all that rich in mr. beale’s office. | 你看在beale先生的办公室里 看起来并不那么有钱 |
[28:30] | i mean, when i brought up the idea of gifts | |
[28:32] | to your husband, | |
[28:34] | he acted like he couldn’t even afford a harley. | |
[28:37] | so is that what it’s gonna take to change your mind–a gift? | |
[28:39] | fine. what do you want? | |
[28:41] | i don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:47] | you like jewelry? | 你喜欢珠宝? |
[28:49] | well, here. | 好吧 拿去 |
[28:50] | are these real diamonds? | 是真的钻石吗? |
[28:52] | honey, the one in the center is 3 karats. | 亲爱的 中间那颗有3克拉 |
[28:55] | i never touched a real diamond before. | 我以前从未摸过真的钻石 |
[28:57] | well, my husband and i can expose you | 我和我丈夫能让你见识 |
[29:00] | to a lot of nice new things. well, only if i let you have my baby. | – 一大堆你从未见过的东西 – 只要我让你们领养孩子? |
[29:02] | well, like they say, | 哈 有句话 |
[29:04] | there’s no such thing as a free lunch. | 叫”天下没有免费的午餐” |
[29:11] | okay. | 好吧 |
[29:12] | really? | 真的? |
[29:14] | just like that? | 就这样? |
[29:15] | just like that. | 就这样 |
[29:17] | of course, you probably shouldn’t tell the lawyer | 当然 你最好不要告诉律师 |
[29:19] | about our understanding, | 我们的协定 |
[29:21] | because then we’ll have to deal with percentages and all that. | 因为那样的话我们就得按百分比划分了 |
[29:24] | i always hated math. | 我从来都讨厌数学 |
[29:32] | what’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[29:34] | you never gave a crap that we were mexican, did you? | 你并不是真的讨厌 我的墨西哥血统吧? |
[29:38] | not really. | 没错 |
[29:40] | so why put me through this? | 那为什么那么说? |
[29:42] | because i thought, | 因为我心想 |
[29:43] | if it looked like you weren’t gonna get my baby | 如果我表现的不大愿意把孩子给你 |
[29:46] | that you might be just a bit more generous. | 你可能会大方一些 |
[29:48] | wow. you’re a lot smarter than i thought. | 哇哦 你比我想的要聪明些 |
[29:52] | i’m smarter than everybody thinks. | 我比任何人所想的都要聪明 |
[30:00] | where’s my mom? i’m thirsty. | 我妈妈在哪儿? 我渴了 |
[30:03] | oh, i’m sorry, honey. | 哦 不好意思 亲爱的 |
[30:05] | your mom… is in her office on a conference call, | 你妈妈…在她办公室开电话会议 |
[30:09] | and she’s busy, so you’re just gonna have to wait, okay? | 她很忙 所以你要等一下 好吗? |
[30:12] | what’s that? | 那是什么? |
[30:14] | that’s chocolate milk. i shouldn’t be having it. | 巧克力牛奶 我本不该喝的 |
[30:20] | have you ever had any? | 你喝过吗? |
[30:22] | mnh-mnh. | |
[30:24] | follow me. | 跟我来 |
[30:27] | here. go ahead, try it. | 给你 来吧 尝尝 |
[30:30] | come on, you’ll really like it. i promise. | 来吧 你会喜欢的 我保证 |
[30:33] | come on, yeah. | 来吧 |
[30:34] | all the grown-ups are drinking it. | 大人都在喝 |
[30:37] | yeah, that’s good. | 对,就是这样 |
[30:38] | just… chug it on down. | 就…这样使劲吸 |
[30:41] | good. | 很好 |
[30:42] | you like that? | 你喜欢吗? |
[30:46] | would you like dessert or another glass of wine? | 你想来份甜点还是再来一杯? |
[30:49] | oh, no, thank you. i have to run. just the check. | 哦,不用了,谢谢 我赶时间,给我帐单就好 |
[30:54] | i have a charity event this weekend, | 这个周末我要办个慈善活动 |
[30:56] | and i have to find a cocktail dress | 所以得在商店关门之前 |
[30:58] | before the store closes. | 找件合适的鸡尾酒会晚礼服 |
[31:00] | but everything was just yummy. | 但这一切都很…美味 |
[31:04] | (andrew) looks good on your ass. | 和你的屁股很配 |
[31:06] | thank you. yeah. | 谢谢,是不错 |
[31:14] | uh, hey, mrs. van de kamp. | 呃,嘿,van de kamp夫人 |
[31:17] | what do you think you’re doing? you’re supposed to be grounded. | 你知道自己在干什么吗? 你的行为应该有所节制 |
[31:20] | i’m, uh, buying a belt. | 我,呃,在买皮带 |
[31:22] | with what? you don’t have any money. | 哪来的钱? 你根本没钱 |
[31:26] | you took that out of my purse. give that back. | 从我钱包里偷出来的?! 还给我 |
[31:29] | we are going home. wait till i tell the judge about | 你跟我回家 我要告诉法官 |
[31:32] | you stealing my credit cards and sneaking off. | |
[31:34] | it’s gonna do wonders for your little emancipation case. | |
[31:36] | i don’t think you’re gonna let this get to the court. | 我想你不会愿意上法庭的 |
[31:38] | oh, and why is that? | 哦 凭什么? |
[31:40] | because then i’d be forced to testify about my childhood. | 因为我将不得不讲述我的童年经历 |
[31:43] | so? you had one of the loveliest childhoods i’ve ever known. | 哦?据我所知你有最幸福的童年 |
[31:46] | you sure about that? | 你确定吗? |
[31:47] | ’cause i’m staing to remember some abuse. | 因为我忽然想到自己曾经被虐待 |
[31:50] | andrew, the judge is not seriously gonna believe | andrew 法官不会把你的话当真 |
[31:53] | that i beat you. | 认为我打你 |
[31:55] | oh, i’m not talking about that kind of abuse. | 哦 我指的不是这种虐待 |
[31:57] | you know, it’s funny… | 知道吗 很好玩… |
[32:00] | the angrier i get, | 我越是生气 |
[32:02] | the more these repressed memories start to come up. | 那种痛苦的记忆就越多 |
[32:07] | you can’t be serious. | 你一定是开玩笑 |
[32:09] | like, touching me in places you shouldn’t have… | 比如摸了我你不该摸的地方… |
[32:15] | no one is ever gonna believe a word of that. | 大家一个字也不会信 |
[32:18] | yeah, well, you know how people are. | 你知道人是怎样的 |
[32:21] | they might say that they believe you, | 他们也许会说相信你 |
[32:24] | but… th’ll always wonder. | 但是… 他们好奇心都很重 |
[32:29] | so if i were you… | 如果我是你… |
[32:31] | i’d back the hell off. | 我就干脆不作声 |
[32:34] | come on, justin. | 走吧 justin |
[32:36] | i’m gonna buy you something pretty. | 我给你买些漂亮东西 |
[32:42] | justin! | |
[32:49] | on second thought, | 再三考虑后 |
[32:50] | i will have another glass of wine. | 我还是想再来一杯 |
[33:00] | you can leave the bottle. | 你可以把瓶子留下 |
[34:53] | yeah? | 谁? |
[34:55] | hi, it’s bree van de kamp. i didn’t know who else to call, | 嗨,我是bree van de kamp 我不知道我还能找谁 |
[34:59] | and, well, i’m in a bit of a situation. | 这么说吧,我遇到点小麻烦 |
[35:09] | well… | 哦… |
[35:10] | (laughing) how did you get stuck like that? | 你怎么会卡在这里的? |
[35:12] | i would rather not discuss it right now. | 现在我可不想谈这些 |
[35:15] | man, the other security guys are not gonna believe this. | 我的另一个同事一定 无法相信这一幕 |
[35:18] | do you mind? | -不介意吧? -我宁愿你…… |
[35:22] | didn’t. | 不要 |
[35:24] | your son threatened you with “repressed memories”? | 你儿子用他”痛苦的回忆”威胁你? |
[35:27] | oh, my god, he is seriously twisted. | 哦 我的天 他的心已经严重扭曲了 |
[35:31] | i gotta meet this kid. | 我得见见这个孩子 |
[35:33] | you sound like you’re impressed. | 你不是对他感兴趣了吧? |
[35:35] | i sorta am. | 是有一点 你简直就是养了一头野兽嘛 |
[35:40] | (scoffs) i’m raising a monster, is what i’m raising. | 没错 我就是养了头野兽 |
[35:43] | it’s no wonder i drink. | 你说我能不喝酒吗? |
[35:47] | i don’t know why i said that. | 我怎么会这么说? |
[35:49] | maybe it’s true. | 也许因为这是事实 |
[35:52] | no, it makes it und like i think i have a problem, | 不 听起来好像我有酒精问题 |
[35:55] | and i don’t. | 其实没有 |
[35:57] | look, i don’t wanna get into a fight or anything, | 看 我知道这与我无关 我不想跟你产生争执 |
[36:01] | but you passed out in a department store, | 但是你醉倒在一家百货商店里面 |
[36:04] | and in my way of thinking, | 在我看来 |
[36:06] | that is a problem. | 这就是有问题 |
[36:08] | tonight was a very unusual situation. | 今晚跟平时不同 |
[36:27] | i wish you could’ve known me when… | 你要是以前认识我… |
[36:30] | rex was alive and my kids were young, | 那时候rex还活着 孩子们还小 |
[36:33] | and everything was… | 一切都… |
[36:35] | the way it was supposed to be. | 能按照想像的那样来 |
[36:40] | i think you really would’ve liked me… so much. | 我想你会喜欢我…更喜欢 |
[36:45] | i like you just fine. | 你现在这样就挺好 |
[36:48] | really? | 真的吗? |
[36:55] | because i don’t. | 其实我并不好 |
[37:11] | bye. | 再见 |
[37:17] | mom? | 妈妈? |
[37:20] | andrew? | |
[37:47] | caleb? | |
[37:48] | hey, danielle. | 嘿 danielle |
[37:50] | what are you doing here? | 你在这儿干吗? |
[37:55] | happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[37:59] | you really have to go home. | 你该回家了 |
[38:01] | if my mom knew you were here, she’d freak. | 要是我妈妈知道你在这儿 她会疯的 |
[38:03] | don’t you want to wear it? no, i don’t. now please leave. | -你想戴上吗? -不 我不想 快走吧 |
[38:06] | i can help you with it. no! didn’t you hear me, you freak?! leave! | -我帮你戴上 -不 你没听到吗?你疯了吗?滚开! |
[38:37] | what’s wrong? | 出什么事了? |
[38:40] | you can tell everyone in the office to relax. | 你可以告诉办公室的每个人别再担心了 |
[38:44] | he won’t take my milk anymore. | 他已经不再喝我的奶了 |
[38:46] | already? (gasps) | 已经? |
[38:48] | i mean, i’m sorry. | 我是说 我很遗憾 |
[38:50] | yeah, i bet. | 是啊 |
[38:51] | i mean, i’m not naive. | 我是说 我并不是幼稚 |
[38:53] | i just didn’t think it would be so soon. | 我只是没想到会那么快 |
[38:56] | oh, sweetie… | 哦 亲爱的… |
[38:59] | i know that we wanna keep them young as long as we can, | 我知道我们总希望孩子永远都这么小 |
[39:04] | but kids grow up. | 但他们始终要长大 |
[39:05] | they just do. | 这是必然的 |
[39:07] | i know. if that’s not bad enough, | 我知道 更糟的是 |
[39:10] | now i’m gonna get fat again. | 我又要变胖了 |
[39:12] | huh? | 嗯? |
[39:13] | breast-feeding was the only thing | 哺乳是唯一 |
[39:15] | that kept the weight off. | 能保持身材的办法 |
[39:17] | every mealtime was like doing 30 minutes of cardio. | 每一次都相当于做30分钟的有氧运动 |
[39:21] | now i’m gonna have to join a gym! | 现在我不得不加入健身房了! |
[39:24] | wow, that is… | 哦 那可真是… |
[39:27] | really a bummer. | 很遗憾啊 |
[39:29] | it is. | 没错 |
[39:30] | it really is. | 你说的没错 |
[39:33] | (sobbing) | |
[39:55] | hey, uh, julie let me in. | 嘿 julie让我进来的 |
[39:58] | i can see that. | 我知道 |
[40:00] | so, what, did you run out of strangers to beat up | 怎么 你现在打完了街上的陌生人 |
[40:03] | on the street, and you’re going house to house now? | 又开始挨家挨户找人打架了? |
[40:06] | i feel really awful about what happened. | 我对我所做的事表示抱歉 |
[40:08] | if you don’t wanna be my boyfriend, fine. | 你不想做我男友 没关系 |
[40:10] | don’t beat up the only guy who wants to volunteer for the job. | 但别打我的最后一个人选 |
[40:13] | look, i know i overreacted. | 我知道我反应过激 |
[40:15] | but come on, the way he was yelling at you? | 但是他当时难道不是冲你发火吗? |
[40:17] | i deserved it, believe me. after what i did… | 我活该 相信我 因为我… |
[40:19] | (sighs) god, this is such a mess. | 上帝 现在真是一团糟 |
[40:22] | he won’t even return my phone calls. | 他不会再回我的电话 |
[40:24] | what’d you do? | 你做什么了? |
[40:27] | i said something to dr. ron before the operation, | 我在手术前对ron医生说了句话 |
[40:30] | and it just… devastated him. | 把他搞得快崩溃了 |
[40:32] | what? | 说的什么? |
[40:34] | i can’t tell you. | 我不能说 |
[40:36] | yeah, you can. you can tell me anything. | 不 你可以 你可以向我吐露任何事 |
[40:38] | you know that. | 你知道的 |
[40:40] | mom, um, phone call. | 妈妈,你的电话 |
[40:42] | it’s dr. ron. | 是ron医生 |
[40:43] | oh? | 哦? |
[40:45] | um… | 恩… |
[40:48] | i need to take this. | 我要接电话了 |
[40:49] | (sighs) | |
[40:52] | you, um, you wanna talk about this later? | 你 你想稍后再谈吗? |
[40:57] | no. | 不 |
[40:59] | no, not really. um… | 不 不想 嗯… |
[41:01] | what’s the point? | 有什么好谈的? |
[41:13] | (telephone beeps) | |
[41:14] | hi. | 嗨 |
[41:18] | at that precise moment, | 就在hanson mills医生 |
[41:20] | as dr. hanson mills was cutting yet another umbilical cord, | 剪断又一条脐带的同时 |
[41:24] | other ties were being severed all over town… | 这个城镇里 还有许多纽带将被切断… |
[41:29] | like the one between a child and the mother | 比如一个不断成长的孩子 和不想让他这么快成长的母亲 |
[41:32] | who didn’t want him to grow up so quickly… | 但孩子始终要长大… |
[41:35] | or the one between a case of fine wine | 比如一瓶上好的葡萄酒 |
[41:38] | and the housewife who hadn’t wanted to admit | 和那个不愿承认自己有问题的主妇 |
[41:41] | that she had a problem… | 现实总是不留情面… |
[41:44] | or the one between a woman and the boyfriend | 又比如一个女人和她的男朋友 |
[41:47] | who couldn’t forgive her betrayal. | 他无法原谅 她的背叛 |
[41:52] | the choice to separate from what we love is painful… | 选择离开我们所爱的 并不是那么容易… |
[41:55] | hey. how’s my girl today? | 嘿,我的宝贝今天过得怎么样? |
[41:59] | how are both of my girls? | 应该是我的两个宝贝? |
[42:01] | the only thing worse… | 最糟的是… |
[42:03] | we’re doing good. we’re doing real good. | 我们很好,过得非常好 |
[42:07] | is when meone we’ve trusted makes the choice for us. | 我们所深信不疑的人 帮我们做了另一个决定 |
[42:10] | cync by lanmao www.1000fr.com |