时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | previously on… | |
[00:02] | you put my kids in danger,and then you lied about it. | 你不顾我孩子的安危,而且还要说谎 |
[00:04] | Do you have some kindof problem with alcohol? | 你有酗酒问题吗 |
[00:06] | Lynette asked a loaded question. | Lynette关切地提出了问题 |
[00:07] | I’m the one who wassleeping with your son, | 和你儿子偷情的人是我 |
[00:10] | but it’s over now. | 不过现在已经结束了 |
[00:11] | No,you’re wrong. It’s noteven close to being over. | 不,你错了,离结束还远着呢 |
[00:15] | Gabrielle confessed… | Gabrielle坦白了事实 |
[00:16] | here’s your mail. | 今天的信到了 |
[00:17] | While noah’s search for zach… | 而Noah对Zach的找寻… |
[00:19] | I worry for that boy. | 我很担心那孩子 |
[00:21] | What kind of people wouldbuy a baby from a junkie? | 什么样的人会要吸毒者的孩子啊 |
[00:23] | Played perfectly into felicia’s plot… | 完全落入Felicia的掌握之中 |
[00:26] | see that paul young hasa toy chest of his very own. | 确保Paul Young有他自己的玩具箱 |
[00:30] | For revenge. | 因为她要复仇 |
[00:33] | What made my husband paul young such a good investor | 我的丈夫Paul Young之所以 能在投资界出类拔萃 |
[00:37] | was his uncanny ability to anticipate the future… | 完全离不开他那不可思议的预见性 |
[00:40] | zach,how did youdo this? | Zach,你怎么弄的? |
[00:43] | He foresaw the necessity of the velcro shoe. | 他提前想到要给孩子穿尼龙刺粘鞋 |
[00:47] | He predicted the advent of the $3 cup of coffee. | 他预言了即食咖啡的到来 |
[00:52] | He even anticipated the surprising boom in bottled water. | 甚至还注意到了瓶装水的吵杂声 |
[00:57] | Yeah,it’s paul young. | 是的,我是Paul Young |
[00:59] | I’ve been reading aboutthe election results in brazil. | 我在报纸上看到了巴西的选举结果 |
[01:02] | It’s time to buy sugar. | 是时候购入蔗糖了 |
[01:08] | but the crystal ball that served paul so well in the stock market | 但这套在股票市场上屡试不爽的办法 |
[01:12] | sometimes failed him closer to home. | 有时在家里并不奏效 |
[01:16] | – Paul young? – Yeah. | – 是Paul young么 – 是的 |
[01:17] | Detective sullivan. | 我是Sullivan侦探 |
[01:19] | You need to come downtownfor questioning. | 我们需要你来回答一些问题 |
[01:21] | About what? | 什么问题 |
[01:22] | We’re investigating reportsof credit card fraud, | 我们正在调查一启信用卡诈骗案 |
[01:24] | and your name has been linkedwith several of the victims. | 我们发现你和一些受害者有关 |
[01:27] | Well,it must be some mistake. | 肯定是弄错了 |
[01:29] | Could be. | 也许吧 |
[01:30] | But we still need to go downtownand straighten it out. | 不过你还是得跟我走一趟 |
[01:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:35] | Well… | 那… |
[01:36] | how longis this gonna take? | 要多长时间? |
[01:38] | Don’t worry about it.It’s just a mix-up. | 别担心,误会而已 |
[01:49] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[01:58] | What’s going on?I thought you just wanted to ask me some questions. | 怎么回事,不是只问些问题么? |
[02:00] | – That’s after you’re booked.Booked? – Booked for what? | – 登记好了就开始 – 登记?登记什么? |
[02:03] | You can’t book himhere anyhow,detective. | 这里不能登记,长官 |
[02:06] | Computers are down. | 计算机出故障了 |
[02:08] | We’re all full up. | 我们满员了 |
[02:10] | You gottatake him down to county. | 得带他去县里 |
[02:11] | What is going on?This is crazy. | 怎么回事,简直是疯了 |
[02:13] | I wanna call my lawyer. | 我要给律师打电话 |
[02:14] | What the hell do you guysthink you’re doing anyway? Huh? | 你们这是在干什么 |
[02:19] | This is ridiculous. | 简直荒谬 |
[02:24] | I get a phone call! | 我要打电话! |
[02:28] | Yes,in the world of investments, | 没错,在投资界 |
[02:30] | my husband had a remarkable ability to see the future. | 我丈夫的眼光非同一般 |
[02:34] | Got a message for you,paul young. | 有句话要捎给你,Paul Young |
[02:39] | Dierdre’s fathersaid to give you his regards. | Dierdre的父亲要我给你问声好 |
[02:44] | Aah! | |
[02:46] | But sadly,paul didn’t see this one coming at all. | 不幸的是,Paul完全没有预料到这些 |
[02:55] | Desperate housewives Season 2 Episode 16 | |
[02:57] | Bree van de kamp | |
[02:58] | had a weekly routine she’d been following for years. | 多年来都在履行着同一套公事 |
[03:04] | She cleaned on tuesdays. | 周二打扫卫生 |
[03:08] | She paid her bills on wednesdays. | 周三付帐单 |
[03:12] | She did her laundry on thursdays. | 周四洗衣服 |
[03:15] | And after these daily chores were completed, | 这些日常琐事完毕以后 |
[03:18] | she would reward herself with a little drink. | 她总会奖赏自己一杯酒 |
[03:22] | What bree didn’t know was this latest addition to her routine | 可她没有注意到 最近的这一点变化 |
[03:25] | had been noticed by her friends. | 已经引起了她朋友们的注意 |
[03:28] | And it had now become part of their routine to discuss it. | 在一起讨论Bree 就成了她们的日常公事 |
[03:33] | So apparently bree hada few too many and passed out. | Bree很明显喝多了酒,昏了过去 |
[03:37] | Next thing I know, I get a call at work– | 紧接着,我就在公司接到了电话 |
[03:40] | someone found my kids wandering the street. | 说有人看到我家孩子跑到了大街上 |
[03:42] | Oh,my god! | 天啊 |
[03:43] | Have you seen bree since? | 那你后来有见过Bree吗 |
[03:45] | No. I’m worried about her, | 没有,我很为她担心 |
[03:47] | but I don’t know how I’m gonna get over what she did. | 但我实在不知道怎么才能原谅她 |
[03:58] | hey,bree. | 嘿,Bree |
[04:00] | How you doing today? | 今天感觉怎么样? |
[04:01] | I’m really well. | 很好 |
[04:03] | Um,I just saw you all talking before lynette went off to work. | 我看到Lynette上班前在跟你们聊天 |
[04:07] | What were you all talking about? | 在聊什么呢 |
[04:09] | Oh,nothing,really. | 哦,没什么 |
[04:10] | Carlos and I are gonna go see the adoption counselor today. | 我和Carlos今天打算去收养所 |
[04:13] | I’m checking myself into the hospital. | 我得去医院 |
[04:14] | I’m finally gonna get that surgery. | 总算要做手术了 |
[04:16] | Oh. Good for you. | 很好 |
[04:18] | Did lynette mention the little tiff we had? | Lynette提到我和她的那点小干戈了吗? |
[04:23] | Just in passing. | 一带而过了 |
[04:24] | She barely mentioned it. | 她没说什么 |
[04:26] | Because what happened was, | 因为事实只是… |
[04:27] | I accidentally mixed my antihistamine medication with, | |
[04:31] | you know, a little glass of wine I was having, and I- | 我不小心把抗组胺剂混在了酒水里 |
[04:33] | I fell asleep, you know,while I was… | 之后我睡着了,可我当时在… |
[04:35] | watching her kids. | 照看她的孩子 |
[04:38] | I mean,I like a little wine with dinner, | 我喜欢在用餐时喝一点酒…时不时地 |
[04:40] | I mean,now and then. You know,who doesn’t? | 可谁会不喜欢呢? |
[04:43] | But,uh,I mean, | 可是… |
[04:45] | you know, to trash my entire reputation– | 在背后说我的坏话就… |
[04:47] | oh,bree, she didn’t trash you. Honest. | Bree,她没有说你的坏话,真的 |
[04:52] | Well,good. I mean,I just– | 那就好,我… |
[04:53] | I really wouldn’t want you to get the wrong impression. | 我不想让你们产生误会 |
[04:56] | Well,I’m–I’m going to the mall. | 我正要去商场 |
[04:58] | They’re having a white sale today. | 他们今天大减价 |
[04:59] | I think I’m gonna get a new bath mat. | 我想去买个浴室防滑垫 |
[05:01] | Oh,does anyone need one? | 要一起去吗? |
[05:04] | – No,I’m good. – Okay,take care. | – 不,没事 – 好的,回见 |
[05:09] | Wow,did you smell the alcohol on her breath? | 她喘一口气都有酒味儿,闻到了吗? |
[05:13] | I sure did. | 当然 |
[05:15] | Oh. | |
[05:17] | Then our eskimo turns in the camera and says, | 然后我们这位爱斯基摩人转向镜头 说到 |
[05:20] | “polar fresh mints will give your breath | |
[05:22] | an ‘a’-plus,too.” | “用南极牌薄荷糖 你的口气也能得个A+” |
[05:26] | So what do you think? | 怎么样 |
[05:29] | It feels a little familiar. | 感觉似曾相识 |
[05:33] | Really? I don’t think so. | 真的?不会吧 |
[05:34] | No,I’m pretty sure the lowell group used eskimos | 不,我肯定Lowell集团已经 用过爱斯基摩人的点子了 |
[05:36] | in a deodorant commercial they had last month. Remember? | 就是他们上个月做的那个除臭剂广告 记得吗 |
[05:39] | Oh,this is completely different. | 这完全不一样 |
[05:40] | Those were jock eskimos competing in the iditarod. | 他们的爱斯基摩人刚刚上大学 |
[05:42] | Our eskimo’s trying to,you know, | 我们的爱斯基摩人已经在… |
[05:44] | patch things up with his wife. | 处理婚姻生活了 |
[05:45] | Yeah. No,I get the subtle distinction. | 恩,我看到了这些小改动 |
[05:49] | I think we can do better. | 我觉得有改善的余地 |
[05:51] | Okay? So,sally,you’re up. | 好吗? 好了,Sally,轮到你了 |
[05:53] | What do you got for me? | 有什么好点子 |
[06:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[06:02] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[06:02] | “I got the subtle distinction”? | “我看到了这些小改动”? |
[06:05] | What was that about? | 你搞什么 |
[06:06] | If you really wanna do this now, shut the door. | 如果非要现在说,那就关门 |
[06:09] | Okay,sure, I was a little bitchy. | 好吧,我刚才的确有点苛刻了 |
[06:10] | But you know why? You did a half-ass job in there. | 可你知道为什么吗 因为你完全没有全身心投入 |
[06:13] | Hey,you may not like my idea, | 嘿,也许我的创意你不喜欢 |
[06:14] | but you can’t say I didn’t work hard. | 可也不至于说我没努力吧 |
[06:16] | Oh,please. | 拜托 |
[06:18] | I live with you. | 咱们住在一起 |
[06:19] | Last night, when you should’ve been trying to make that pitch work, | 昨天晚上你本该在工作 |
[06:22] | you were watching the game. | 可你却在看球赛 |
[06:23] | I wasn’t watching the game. | 我才没有 |
[06:24] | I saw you! | 我都看见了 |
[06:25] | What,okay,now I can’t check the score? | 我看看比分还不行了? |
[06:27] | Are you saying you gave your heart and soul to that eskimo pitch? | 你敢说你在爱斯基摩那个项目上尽全力了? |
[06:30] | I worked really hard on that pitch. | 我已经很卖力了 |
[06:33] | 可你有100%投入吗 | |
[06:36] | Well,exactly. So? Big deal. | 你看吧,有什么大不了的 |
[06:38] | Go work up some new ideas, | 再想些新点子出来 |
[06:40] | and then we’ll go over it during lunch. | 我们午饭的时候再讨论 |
[06:43] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[06:46] | You’re the boss. | 谁让你是老板呢 |
[06:49] | Yes,i am. | 我的确是啊 |
[06:54] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[06:55] | Susan. | |
[06:56] | Good to see you again. | 见到你真高兴 |
[06:58] | I’m really looking forward to your surgery. | 我很期待你的手术 |
[07:00] | And I’m really hoping you’re a lefty. | 那我很希望你是左撇子 |
[07:02] | Nope. I can’t even write my name. | 不是,我连名字都写不好 |
[07:04] | But that’s what I get for throwing my kid a roller-skating party. | 给孩子开一场溜冰派对就是这个下场 |
[07:08] | Funny. So what about my surgery? | 有意思,那我的手术怎么办 |
[07:10] | Oh,I’ll still do it. | 哦,我还会做的 |
[07:12] | With dr. Ron’s help,of course. | 当然是在Ron医生的协助下 |
[07:14] | Dr. Cunningham will be standing right beside me. | Cunningham医生会在旁边指导我 |
[07:16] | With my hands and his brain, | 我的手艺,加上他的经验 |
[07:17] | you got the best parts of both of us. | 我俩的长处都被你用上了 |
[07:19] | Then I’m on board. | 那我就放心了 |
[07:21] | We’re keeping you under observation, so, | 我们得把你留下来观察 |
[07:22] | hopefully, we’ll operate tomorrow. | 希望明天就可以上手术台了 |
[07:25] | Uh,if you don’t mind, | 如果不介意的话 |
[07:26] | I’d like a minute to consult with my patient. | 我有些事要和病人单独谈 |
[07:28] | Oh! Right, your,um,little thing. | 哦,对了,那件事 |
[07:34] | What “little thing”? | 什么事? |
[07:36] | Um,well,it was–it was gonna be a surprise,but… | 本来是想给你一个惊喜 不过… |
[07:42] | Oh,my god, | 天啊 |
[07:44] | they’re beautiful. | 好美啊 |
[07:48] | Um,look,I’ve been thinking about us | 你看,我仔细考虑过我们俩 |
[07:51] | a lot lately– | 尤其是最近 |
[07:52] | about putting this operation behind us and where we’ll go from there. | 想着怎样才能忘掉这次手术 还有我们的今后… |
[07:55] | Our future… | 我们的未来… |
[07:57] | together. | 一起的未来 |
[08:00] | And I really suck at putting my emotions into words, which is,um, | 我实在不善于言表 |
[08:03] | it’s why I wrote it all down. | 所以我都写了下来 |
[08:05] | There’s a card. | 上面有张卡片 |
[08:06] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:08] | Uh,but you can’t read it. | 不过现在不能看 |
[08:10] | Not–not while I’m here anyway. | 我在场的时候绝对不能看 |
[08:11] | It’s way,way too stressful. | 实在太困难 |
[08:13] | Um,I am going to go now. | 我得走了 |
[08:24] | Wow. | 哇 |
[08:28] | Wow. | 哇 |
[08:31] | Oh,he’s so romantic. | 他太浪漫了 |
[08:35] | May I? | 能给我看看吗 |
[08:37] | Oh,it’s sort of private. | 哦,可这是私人信件 |
[08:40] | Well,I did help him pick out the flowers. | 不过花是我帮他挑的 |
[08:42] | Oh. Um… | 那… |
[08:46] | okay. | 好吧 |
[08:52] | There’s more on the back. | 背面还有 |
[09:02] | so how does this work? | 要做些什么 |
[09:03] | Do we flip through a catalog or something? | 有目录什么的给我们看看吗 |
[09:05] | I wish it was that easy. | 我也希望能那么简单 |
[09:07] | You have to understand,for every baby, | 请你们理解,对于一个孩子来说 |
[09:09] | there are ten coupleswho want it. | 平均有十对家长想要领养 |
[09:10] | You don’t choose your child.The birth mother chooses you. | 所以不是你选孩子 而是孩子的生母挑选你们 |
[09:14] | Really? | 是嘛 |
[09:15] | So what do you thinkour chances are? | 那你觉得我们的机会有多大? |
[09:17] | We will do anythingthat we need to do. | 要我们做什么都可以 |
[09:20] | Well,your typical birth motheris usually a young girl, | 孩子的生母通常都是年轻女性 |
[09:23] | and she’ll just wanna make sureyou’re quality people. | 她想把孩子托付给可以信赖的家庭 |
[09:25] | Now to show her that, | 为了赢取她的信任 |
[09:26] | you’ll be putting togethera parent portfolio. | 就必须表现出你们会尽到家长的职责 |
[09:28] | What’s that? | 什么意思? |
[09:29] | Family pictures,character references, | 像全家福,性格魅力… |
[09:32] | that kind of stuff. | 诸如此类 |
[09:33] | So,um,we’re auditioningto be parents? | 也就是要面试我们咯? |
[09:37] | I guessyou could say that. | 可以这么说 |
[09:39] | So just to be clear, | 那么简单地说 |
[09:40] | some slutty cheerleader getsknocked up by the soccer coach | 就因为某个淫荡的啦啦队长 被足球教练搞大了肚子 |
[09:43] | behind the localgas ‘n gulp,and she is going to make sure we’re quality people? | 她就有资格跑来面试我们? |
[09:51] | you don’t needto answer that. | 这个问题不用回答了 |
[10:01] | You know,you don’thave to hide it from me. | 不用左藏右躲的 |
[10:03] | Hmm? | 恩? |
[10:04] | Drinking.It doesn’t bother me. | 我是指酒,我不反对 |
[10:06] | Oh,I wasn’thiding anything. | 哦,我这不是藏着 |
[10:08] | I was simply… | 我只是在… |
[10:10] | enjoying the day. | 享受时光 |
[10:12] | What you want? | 什么事 |
[10:13] | Well,um,masonwas my ride to school. | 我一直坐Mason的车去上学 |
[10:16] | And his dad’smoving them to tucson so… | 不过他跟着他爸搬到了Tucson 所以… |
[10:19] | oh,well,if you needa ride to school, I’m happy to drive you. | 如果你要去学校,我可以送你 |
[10:22] | No,that’s not what I want.I want a car. | 我不是这个意思,我想要辆车 |
[10:25] | Well,then I suggestyou get a job. | 那我建议你去工作 |
[10:27] | Why should I go work my ass offat some fast food place | |
[10:30] | when I can already affordwhat I want? | 既然我的钱已经够了 为什么还要到快餐店拚死拚活 |
[10:33] | Andrew,we’re not touchingyour trust fund. | Andrew,你的信托基金不能动啊 |
[10:36] | – It’s my money.- Not until you’re 21. | – 但钱是我的 – 21岁以前不是 |
[10:38] | And if I had my way, you wouldn’t get your handson it until you’re 50. | 如果要我决定,你50岁以前 我都不会让你动用一分钱 |
[10:41] | I mean,we both know you’regonna waste every penny of it. | 我们都清楚 钱到了你手上肯定都浪费了 |
[10:45] | Why are youbeing like this? | 你为什么要这样 |
[10:49] | Because,sweetheart, | 因为…亲爱的… |
[10:49] | it is my job to teach youabout responsibility, | 我有责任让你学会履行职责 |
[10:53] | setting goals,delayed gratification. | 学会确立人生目标,学会先劳后享 |
[10:57] | What do you knowabout delayed gratification? | 你知道什么叫先劳后享? |
[10:59] | It’s not even noon, yet you’re already onyour third glass of wine. | 还不到中午,你已经喝了3杯了 |
[11:03] | You know,on second thought, I won’t be driving youto school. | 仔细想想,我还是不送你去上学了 |
[11:05] | The walk will do you good. | 走一走对你有好处 |
[11:07] | Mom,I’m not kidding around. | 妈,我没开玩笑 |
[11:09] | I want my money. | 我要钱 |
[11:10] | The answer is no. | 我的回答是‘不’ |
[11:12] | Well,aren’t we a mean old drunk? | |
[11:18] | Whatever that wassupposed to teach me, | 不管你这是要教我什么 |
[11:20] | considerthe lesson learned. | 就当我学会了 |
[11:30] | oh. Whoo. | |
[11:31] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干吗 |
[11:32] | I’m just enjoying the silkysmooth moves of dr. Ron. | 我只是看看Ron医生的甜言蜜语 |
[11:35] | Or should I say,”dr. Love”? | 或者应该叫他“爱人医生”? |
[11:37] | – Give me that. Aah!- This is my favorite– | – 还给我 – 这段我最喜欢 — |
[11:40] | “I can’t wait to bein the operating room with you | “我已等不及走进手术室” |
[11:42] | “so I cantouch your heart, | “触碰你的心灵” |
[11:44] | “because you’ve alreadytouched mine so deeply.” | “因为你已经深深触动了我” |
[11:47] | Okay,that part sounds betterwhen you don’t read it out loud. | 好吧,你不读出来的时候 这段话本来挺好听的 |
[11:49] | And what are you doingreading it anyway? | 而且你读它干吗? |
[11:50] | Those are dr. Ron’s private thoughts. | 那是Ron医生的心里话 |
[11:52] | Yeah,I got that. | 恩,我知道 |
[11:54] | You know,I sense that he really likes you,susie. | 我感觉他的确很喜欢你,Susie |
[11:56] | So? | 那又怎么样 |
[11:57] | So do you really like him? | 那你喜欢他么? |
[11:59] | Of course I do. | 当然喜欢 |
[12:00] | He’s smart and funny and kind. | 他聪明、风趣、而且善良 |
[12:04] | Smart,funny,kind. | 聪明、风趣、善良 |
[12:05] | I don’t hear the word”love” in there. | 我可没听出爱意 |
[12:07] | Well,that’s a big word. | 爱是个很庄重的词 |
[12:09] | We just started dating,and we have a connection, | 我们刚开始约会,我们有一种默契 |
[12:11] | and I’m gonna follow it throughand see where it goes. | 我会跟着这种感觉,看看有何发展 |
[12:14] | Oh,I get it.You’re gonna string him along till you feelsomething you don’t | 我懂了,你会一直拴住他 直到没有感觉为止 |
[12:18] | and waste the next five yearsof your life. | 并为此浪费5年的时间 |
[12:20] | As opposed to the 12I wasted on you? | 相比之下我浪费在你身上的是12年 |
[12:23] | Why are we talkingabout this? | 我们为什么要谈这些 |
[12:25] | I don’t recallasking you your opinion. | 我好像从没有问过你的意见 |
[12:27] | Because we’re marriedand I have certain rights, | 因为我们是一家人 我享有某些权利 |
[12:30] | and one of themis the right to badger you. | 其中之一就是烦扰你 |
[12:32] | Okay,you know,you can leave now. | 好了,你可以走了 |
[12:34] | I wish I could M.R.I. Your soul– | 我真希望能透视你的灵魂 |
[12:36] | out! | 出去 |
[12:39] | it’s not funny. | 这不好玩 |
[12:42] | hey,watch out for my wife.She’s on a tear. | 嘿,当心我老婆,她在火头上呢 |
[12:48] | Oh,here’s one we tookon vacation. | 这张是我们在度假 |
[12:53] | Hmm. Gaby,these pictureshave to be wholesome. | Gaby,我们得选那些健康向上的照片 |
[12:55] | They gotta say… | 必须让他们觉得… |
[12:57] | “these people will doa great job raising a child.” | “这家人能把我的孩子抚养好” |
[13:01] | So? | 那怎么了? |
[13:02] | So you’re topless. | 可你没穿上衣 |
[13:04] | Yeah,but it’s st. Barts, | 没错,可那毕竟是裸体海滩啊 |
[13:05] | and your hands are coveringmy naughty parts. | 而且你的手还遮住了我的重要部位 |
[13:08] | Do you mean the handthat’s holding the tequila shot, | 你是指拿着龙舌兰酒那支? |
[13:11] | or the one that’s holdingthe cuban cigar? | 还是握着古巴雪茄那支? |
[13:13] | Yeah,that was a good trip. | 那真是次难忘的旅行 |
[13:15] | Gaby! | |
[13:17] | – Fine. We won’t use it. – We can’t use any of ’em. | – 好吧,不选这张 – 哪张都不能选 |
[13:20] | Every single pictureof the two of us, | 这里面每一张照片 |
[13:21] | we’re either drinkingor smoking or naked. | 要么就是在抽烟喝酒 要么就是在暴露 |
[13:24] | So we like to have fun. I mean,who doesn’t understand that | 我们不过是有点贪玩 |
[13:26] | better than an unwed,knocked-up teenager? | 那些未婚的年轻妈妈最理解这一点了 |
[13:30] | This is serious. | 这是正经事 |
[13:31] | If we can’t sell ourselvesas good people… | 如果不能让人家相信我们是好人… |
[13:37] | well,then we’ll justhave to find someone who can do it for us. | 那就必须找其他人帮忙 |
[13:41] | So you want me to,uh… | 这么说你们是要我… |
[13:44] | pitch you as parents? | 把你们包装成好家长? |
[13:45] | You’re in advertising.You can do it. | 你是做广告的嘛,肯定能行 |
[13:47] | Just write usa character reference saying we’re greatwith kids. | 只要把我们描写得很适合带孩子就行了 |
[13:52] | Oh,this is for you. | 哦,这是送给你的 |
[13:53] | Oh. Well,you don’thave to bribe me. | 哦,没必要贿赂我嘛 |
[13:55] | We’re all friends here.(Chuckles) | 大家都是朋友 |
[13:57] | keeping that in mind,would it also be okay if we wereyour kids’ godparents? | 既然这样,那说我们是你家孩子 的名义双亲也可以吗 |
[14:02] | Oh! Uh… I guess. | 噢!呃 我想行 |
[14:04] | Great,and can we take somefake pictures to document it? | 太好了 我们能照些照片来记载下这一刻吗? |
[14:09] | I don’t supposeyou brought a corkscrew? | 你恐怕没带开瓶器吧 |
[14:12] | You didn’t have a warrant,and if you don’t arrest him, | 你没有许可 如果你不抓他 |
[14:14] | then you gotta tell mewhat he wants. | 那你得告诉我他要什么 |
[14:17] | Hello,mike. | 你好 Mike |
[14:18] | Felicia,what are you doing here? | Felicia 你在这干嘛? |
[14:20] | Oh,I left in such a rush. | 噢 我离开的太匆忙了 |
[14:21] | There was a lot of old businessI forgot to wrap up. | 有许多旧事我忘记处理了 |
[14:24] | Well,it must bepretty important business, | 一定是很重要的事情 |
[14:27] | gets you to moveback in next door to the man you think murdered your sister. | 才能让你搬回你觉得 谋杀了你妹妹的男人的隔壁 |
[14:30] | It’s funnyyou should mention paul. | 你这么说Paul真是好笑 |
[14:32] | You know,the police cameand took him away last night. | 你知道吗 警察昨晚来把他带走了 |
[14:35] | The police? | 警察? |
[14:37] | And from the waythey were manhandling him, | 从他们推他的方式 |
[14:39] | ooh,I don’t thinkhe’ll be back anytime soon. | 我想他不会很快就回来了 |
[14:42] | (Zach) no,I just wannatalk to him,that’s all… | 不 我只是想和他说话 就这样 |
[14:50] | what the hell’sgoing on? | 到底发生什么了? |
[14:52] | It’s noneof your concern,mike. | 与你无关 Mike |
[14:54] | You listen to me,if anythinghappens to paul young– | 你听我说 如果Paul Young发生了什么事 |
[14:56] | it already happened. | 已经发生了 |
[14:59] | Hours ago. | 几个小时之前 |
[15:02] | He’s dead? | 他死了? |
[15:04] | Like I said, | 就像我说的 |
[15:05] | it’s none of your concern. | 不是你该过问的事 |
[15:07] | Maybe you don’t get it,noah.You screwed up. | 也许你没搞懂我的意思 Noah 你把事情弄糟了 |
[15:10] | You just killedthe most important person in your grandson’s life. | 你刚杀死了你孙子生命中最重要的人 |
[15:13] | Do you think he’s gonna haveanything to do with you once he finds out? | 你觉得当他发现你做的事后 他还会想和你扯上关系吗? |
[15:16] | And believe me, | 相信我 |
[15:18] | I’ll make sure he finds out. | 我保证他会发现的 |
[15:30] | So,honey,the meat loaf–it’s,um,it’s a little burnt. | 哦 甜心 这个肉馅糕- 它有点烧糊了 |
[15:34] | Oh,right,I was talkingto susan on the phone, | 噢 当时我正和Susan讲电话 |
[15:36] | and I left it in a little longerthan I should’ve. Sorry. | 我把它放锅里时间长些了 对不起 |
[15:39] | It’s okay. (Sighs) | 没事 |
[15:43] | is it that bad? | 有那么糟吗? |
[15:44] | No. No,not bad at all. | 不 不 一点都不 |
[15:47] | Oh,good. | 恩 好 |
[15:48] | Parker,don’t put your elbowson the table. Come on. | Parker别把你的胳膊放在桌上 快点 |
[15:51] | But you’d agreeit wasn’t your best effort. | 不过你答应你不会全力放在工作上的 |
[15:53] | Huh? | 什么? |
[15:55] | The meal,the taskyou agreed to take on. | 做饭 你答应负责的任务 |
[15:57] | 你答应不会全心放在上面 对吧? | |
[16:01] | Tom,if you’re gonnamake a point, | Tom 如果你想说什么 |
[16:02] | why don’t you do it nowbefore I hurl the plate at you? | 最好现在就在说出来 别等我拿盘扔你 |
[16:05] | 没人能一直全心投入 因为他们不可能做不到 | |
[16:07] | It is impossible. | 那是不可能的 |
[16:09] | You do the best you can withthe time and energy you have. | 在你时间和精力有限的情况下 只需做到最好 |
[16:12] | Stop right there.This is meat loaf. (Chuckles) | 别说了 这只是肉馅糕 |
[16:14] | your presentationwas business. | 你说的是生意 |
[16:17] | You’re saying the clientdeserves more effort than your own family? | 你是说客户比你自己的家人 还值得你放更多精力? |
[16:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:28] | So if I apologizefor upsetting you at work, | 如果我为工作时让你难堪了而向你道歉的话 |
[16:32] | can we get past itand enjoy our meal? | 我们能不说这个了 继续吃饭吗? |
[16:34] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[16:37] | I’m sorry.I’m sorry. I am sorry. | 对不起 对不起 对不起 |
[16:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:46] | So,boys,how do you enjoy the meat loaf? | 孩子们 肉馅糕怎么样? |
[16:49] | It’s a little salty. | 有点咸 |
[16:50] | (Preston) yeah. | 嗯 |
[16:51] | Just eat it. | 吃吧 |
[16:58] | there. | 好了 |
[16:59] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[17:04] | All right. | 好了 |
[17:20] | all right,one more time. | 好了 再来一次 |
[17:21] | What? | 什么? |
[17:22] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:23] | Dude,I don’t wannamess up your face. | 老兄 我可不想打破你的脸 |
[17:25] | Do you love me? | 你爱我吗? |
[17:28] | Then do what I tell you. | 那就照我的话去做 |
[17:38] | Rough day. | 艰难的一天 |
[17:39] | Yeah. | 是阿 |
[17:41] | I wonder if there’s any way thatwe can turn it around still. | 我想知道有没什么办法 能使它变好些 |
[17:49] | Good question. | 好问题 |
[17:51] | But what to do?What to do? | 不过 怎么做呢 怎么做呢 |
[17:53] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[18:11] | Hi! What’s up? | 嗨! 怎么了? |
[18:13] | Why do you keep trying to do that? | 你干吗一直想那么做? |
[18:15] | – What? – Trying to get on top. | – 什么? – 想到上面去 |
[18:16] | Of you? No,I’m not. | 你上面? 不 我没有 |
[18:18] | You were pushing on me likeyou were trying to sack me. | 你一直推我 就像你要压住我 |
[18:20] | I felt it. | 我感觉到了 |
[18:21] | Are you serious? | 你说真的? |
[18:22] | Tom,I wasn’t doing anything.I was just going for it. | Tom 我什么也没做 我只是想主动点 |
[18:26] | I was just lost in the moment.Oh,come on! | 我只不过是太投入了 来嘛 |
[18:29] | Come on,this is silly.I don’t wanna argue. | 快点 这很傻 我不想争这个 |
[18:33] | I mean,unless it turns you on. | 我的意思是 除非这样让你兴奋 |
[18:36] | Does it? ‘Cause thenI’m all about it,baby. | 兴奋了吗?我现在可正在这样做 宝贝 |
[18:46] | What–what was that? | 什么 这是干嘛? |
[18:47] | What–what was what? | 什么?什么是什么? |
[18:48] | You were bracing. | 你支起来了 |
[18:49] | You were bracing with your leg. | 你用脚支起来了 |
[18:51] | I was tryingto lie on top of you, | 我正试着躺到你上面 |
[18:52] | and you were bracing yourselfagainst the mattress | 而你抵住床垫 |
[18:54] | so you didn’thave to get on your back. | 这样你就不用躺着 |
[18:56] | Try and deny it.Try and deny it. You can’T. | 否认阿 否认阿 你做不到 |
[18:58] | Okay,okay,can I just mention you’re talking like a crazy person? | 好好 我觉得你现在说话像疯子 |
[19:01] | You can’t give it upfor a second,can you? | 你就不能停一下吗? |
[19:03] | You always haveto call the shots. Always. | 你总是要操控一切 一直都是 |
[19:06] | Is this aboutme being boss again? | 又是关于我当你上司的事吗? |
[19:09] | You gotta get over it. | 你得克服它 |
[19:13] | That’s exactly my point. | 这就是我要说的 |
[19:15] | Exactly. | 一点不差 |
[19:16] | You are notjust my boss at the office. | 你不只在办公室是我的上司 |
[19:18] | You’re my boss everywhere. | 在任何地方你都是我的上司 |
[19:20] | Oh,that’s ridiculous. | 噢 这太荒谬了 |
[19:22] | You run the show. | 你是主演 |
[19:23] | You run the show,and I’m along for the ride. | 你是主演 而我是凑热闹的 |
[19:25] | I just pushthe little shopping cart, | 我只不过推着小小的购物车 |
[19:27] | let the woman do all the driving. | 让女人开车吧 |
[19:29] | – Tom… – I’m the caddy husband. | – 我是你的球童 |
[19:32] | I carry your clubs. | 我拿着你的球杆 |
[19:36] | I am so sorry you feel that way, | 真抱歉你是这种感受 |
[19:38] | but you cannotput that on me. | 但你不能怪我 |
[19:42] | This is your life. | 这是你的生活 |
[19:43] | You wanna run it? | 你想主导它? |
[19:45] | Then step on up. | 那你就上阿 |
[19:47] | You wanna drive? | 你想开车? |
[19:49] | Grab the steering wheel. | 那就捉住方向盘阿 |
[19:50] | I mean– what elseam I supposed to say? | 我是说-我还应该说什么? |
[19:56] | I’m gonnacheck on the kids. | 我去看看孩子 |
[20:08] | Time to checkyour blood pressure. | 该量你的血压了 |
[20:09] | Oh,sure. | 好的 |
[20:14] | Oh,that’s a little tight.Does it have to be that tight? | 噢 有点紧 非得这么紧吗? |
[20:17] | – Yes. – Oh. | – 是的 – 哦 |
[20:26] | okay. Ow,ow. That’s actuallystarting to be painful. | 好了 嗷 开始疼了 |
[20:29] | Really?That surprises me. | 真的?真让我吃惊 |
[20:31] | I just assumedyou were dead inside. | 我还以为你内部已经死了 |
[20:33] | Ow! Ow! What the hellare you doing? | 嗷!嗷!你到底在干嘛? |
[20:36] | I told myself to stayout of this,but I can’T. | 我告诉我自己别缠和进来 但我不能 |
[20:38] | I know that you’re married. | 我知道你结婚了 |
[20:40] | I am not! | 我没有! |
[20:41] | Really? Hmm,’cause that manthat came to see you yesterday,he saidyou’re his wife. | 真的?哼 因为昨天来看你的男人说 你是他妻子 |
[20:46] | Oh! Yeah,oh… | 噢!是… |
[20:47] | no,no,he just said that’cause we used to be married. | 不 不 你这么说是因为我们以前结过婚 |
[20:50] | It’s just a force of habit. | 只不过是习惯的原因 |
[20:51] | Oh,that explainseverything. | 哦 这倒解释了一切 |
[20:52] | Except that I checkedyour insurance forms,and you’re still married. | 我还检查了你的保险单 你还是已婚 |
[20:55] | So that makes youa lying,adulterous skank. | 你这个说谎通奸的烂货 |
[20:58] | Oh,no. No,no.No,no,nurse hisel. | 不不不 Hisel护士 |
[21:00] | Ow,ow,ow,ow!Ow,nurse hisel! | 嗷嗷嗷嗷 Hisel护士! |
[21:05] | Ugh! Nurse–oh! | 护士 嗷! |
[21:12] | Nurse hisel,I can explain. | Hisel护士 我可以解释 |
[21:15] | Can you,skank? | 你能吗 烂货? |
[21:16] | Yes. Okay. | 是的 |
[21:18] | I am married,but it’s only because my insurance ran out. | 我还是已婚 全是因为我的保险用完了 |
[21:21] | My ex-husband hasa really good coverage plan, | 我的前夫保险完好 |
[21:24] | so he said thathe would remarry me | 他说如果我们再婚 |
[21:26] | so I couldget my operation. | 我就能动手术了 |
[21:27] | Only I didn’twanna tell dr. Ron | 我之所以不没告诉Ron医师 |
[21:29] | ’cause I didn’t want himto be an accomplice to fraud. | 因为我不想他成为诈保案的从犯 |
[21:33] | So you’re what… | 这么说你是在… |
[21:35] | protecting him? | 保护他? |
[21:36] | Yeah. It–yes,I am. | 是的 是的 |
[21:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:43] | As long as you’re nottwo-timing him. | 你没欺骗他就好 |
[21:45] | He feelsso strongly about you. | 他对你可是真心的 |
[21:47] | I know. I read the card. | 我知道 留言卡片我也看了 |
[21:50] | But did you readbetween the lines? | 那你看出字里行间的意思了吗? |
[21:52] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[21:53] | Okay,I shouldn’t betelling you this, | 哦 我本不应该告诉你的 |
[21:55] | but when we were picking outthe flowers for you, | 不过在我们为你选花的时候 |
[21:58] | he said that he was working upthe courage to say he loves you. | 他说他要鼓足勇气对你说那三个字 |
[22:03] | Really? | 真的? |
[22:03] | Yes! | 是的! |
[22:05] | But you haveto act surprised,okay? | 到时候你得装作很吃惊的样子 |
[22:07] | Oh,yeah,I’ll be surprised. | 哦 我会的 |
[22:10] | So I guess we have the wholeinsurance thing worked out. | 那么保险这事就算过去了? |
[22:13] | Oh! Pfft. Don’t worryabout that. Please. | 哦 别担心了 |
[22:17] | Who am I to cast stones? | 我干吗搬起石头砸自己的脚呢? |
[22:18] | I mean,heck… | 要知道 |
[22:20] | I didn’t passmy nurse’s exam. | 我当初根本没通过护士资格考试 |
[22:23] | They didn’t even ask me! | 他们压根没问 |
[22:35] | Andrew,did I hear the bell? | Andrew 是不是有人敲门? |
[22:38] | Oh,hello. | 哦 你好 |
[22:39] | I’m samuel bormanis.I’m here to see andrew. | 我叫samuel bormanis 我是来见andrew的 |
[22:41] | Oh,okay.Are you a friend of andrew’s? | 哦 你是andrew的朋友? |
[22:44] | I’m his lawyer. | 我是他的律师 |
[22:45] | His lawyer? Well,why on earthwould andrew need a lawyer? | 他的律师?andrew干吗要律师? |
[22:48] | Here you go,sam. | 你来了 sam |
[22:52] | honey,what happened to– to your face? | 宝贝 你的脸怎么了? |
[22:57] | I… | 我… |
[22:58] | you hit me. | 是被你打的 |
[23:00] | Don’t you remember? | 你不记得了? |
[23:04] | For the record,I did not punch my son. | 我事先声明 我绝对没有打我儿子 |
[23:06] | I slapped himwith an open palm. | 我只是抽了他一耳光 |
[23:09] | Yeah,but,mom,the thing is, | 是的 可是 妈妈 |
[23:11] | when you drink,you don’t knowyour own strength. | 你都喝醉了 就不知道下手有多重了 |
[23:14] | This is ridiculous. | 这太可笑了 |
[23:15] | Can’t you seethis is a performance? | 你看不出他是在装的吗? |
[23:17] | Mrs. Van de kamp,I’ve heard enough. | Van de kamp夫人 我不想再听下去了 |
[23:19] | Clearly,this environment isa highly dysfunctional one. | 很明显 这个环境实在太差了 |
[23:22] | Andrew has retained my services in order to pursuea healthier living situation. | Andrew寻求我的帮助 是为了获得更好的健康的生活环境 |
[23:27] | And what might that be? | 什么生活环境? |
[23:28] | I,um,I wanna be emancipated. | 我 我要求不再受父母管束 |
[23:31] | Emancipated? | 脱离父母监管? |
[23:33] | As an emancipated minor,andrew would be able to live on his own. | 作为一个脱离监管的未成年人 andrew将独立生活 |
[23:36] | He’d still go to school,of course, | 当然 他还会继续上学 |
[23:37] | but he’d be releasedfrom all adult supervision. | 但是他将脱离任何成年人的监管 |
[23:41] | Well,that’s the silliest thingI’ve ever heard of. | 这简直愚蠢之至 |
[23:44] | How wouldhe support himself? | 他怎么养活自己? |
[23:46] | Well,he’d be in completecontrol of his own finances. | 他自己管自己的财务 |
[23:53] | So that’s what this is about–your trust fund? | 说了半天 原来是为了你的个人基金的事 |
[23:56] | Obviously,we’d all prefer not to go to family court, | 当然 我们都不愿意看到大家对簿公堂 |
[24:01] | but with the violenceand your D.U.I. Charge, | 不过鉴于你有暴力倾向和酒后驾车的记录 |
[24:04] | it could get ugly. | 就算闹上法庭也不会好看的 |
[24:07] | Uh,mr. Bormanis, | Bormanis先生 |
[24:09] | I’ll need a little timeto think about this. | 我需要时间考虑一下 |
[24:11] | You have 24 hours. | 我给你24小时 |
[24:23] | boy,it really lookslike we’re having a good time. | 看上去我们还真开心 |
[24:25] | I sure hope this works. | 这次肯定成了 |
[24:27] | Well,as long as they don’tmake me play guitar, | 只要别让我真去弹吉他 |
[24:29] | I thinkwe’re home free. | 肯定没问题 |
[24:33] | Mr. And mrs. Solis,rhoda can see you now. | Solis夫妇 rhoda要见你们 |
[24:47] | Wow! | 哇! |
[24:49] | It looks like you spendlots of time with these kids. | 你们和孩子们还真待了很长时间 |
[24:52] | Oh,we take our rolesas godparents very seriously. | 我们很珍惜做名义父母的机会 |
[24:54] | – Don’t we,honey? – Mm-hmm. Yes. | – 是嘛 亲爱的 – 恩 是啊 |
[24:57] | Oh,they’re precious.What are their names? | 他们真可爱 都叫什么名字? |
[25:02] | Parker and,uh… | Parker 还有… |
[25:05] | porter,uh… | porter,呃… |
[25:08] | and,uh… | 呃… |
[25:11] | well,they’re all p’S.It is super cute. | 反正都是P开头的 特别可爱 |
[25:15] | One sec.Do you need me,helen? | 等一下 什么事 helen? |
[25:18] | Hello,gabrielle. | 你好啊 gabrielle |
[25:20] | Carlos. | |
[25:23] | I didn’t knowyou were adopting. | 我还不知道你们要领养孩子 |
[25:28] | Preston! | |
[25:29] | The other one’s nameis preston. | 还有一个孩子叫preston |
[25:33] | helen,you work here? | helen 你在这工作? |
[25:35] | You all know each other? | 你们认识? |
[25:37] | What a small world. It sure is. | -世界真小啊 -是啊 |
[25:39] | Mrs. Solis hired my sonto do her yard work. | Solis夫人曾雇我儿子打点他们家草坪 |
[25:43] | And also,she would rape him. | 她还差点要和我儿子上床 |
[25:46] | Okay,first of all,it was statutory, | 首先协议符合法律规定 |
[25:48] | and it happenedso long ago. | 其次那是好久以前的事了 |
[25:50] | Was it? I thinkit was only about a year ago. | 是嘛 我记得是大约1年前的事 |
[25:53] | No,it was a year, | 不 是正好1年 |
[25:55] | because it was right beforeyour husband went to prison on slave labor charges. | 就在你丈夫因怂恿他人做苦役的罪名 被收监坐牢之前 |
[26:00] | Rhoda,if you don’t mind, | Rhoda 你不介意的话 |
[26:02] | I think I’ll handlethe solis case myself. | 我想亲自过问solis夫妇领养一事 |
[26:04] | I’d like to make it my top priority.Okay. | 我会当作重中之重来办的 |
[26:07] | Oh,and,um,gabrielle,don’t bother trying to contact | 呃 gabrielle 你也别费心联系 |
[26:10] | any other adoption agenciesin the area. | 其他领养机构了 |
[26:13] | I’ll make surethey know all about you. | 我会让他们都知道你的情况的 |
[26:22] | I think I haveto break up with dr. Ron. | 我觉得我得和Ron医师分手了 |
[26:24] | What? Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[26:26] | Because he’s a gem. | 因为他太好了 |
[26:28] | And apparentlyhe loves me. | 而且他也爱我 |
[26:31] | I’m sorry.I’m not following. | 不好意思 我没听明白 |
[26:33] | Lynette,he is everything | Lynette 他就是 |
[26:34] | I could possibly wantin a boyfriend, | 我心目中的完美男友 |
[26:36] | and I just don’t knowif I feel that… | 我不知道我是否感觉到了那种… |
[26:40] | spark. | 爱情火花 |
[26:41] | You know,and I really want to. | 我很想有那种感觉 |
[26:43] | Aw,sweetie. | 哦 甜心 |
[26:44] | And he keeps telling mehow special I am | 他一直对我说我是多么的特别 |
[26:46] | and how muchI mean to him… | 我对他十分重要… |
[26:47] | how he wants to holdmy beating heart in his hand. | 他多想手托我的心 |
[26:54] | Maybe it’s because I just haven’tfelt that thunderbolt yet. | 也许是因为我还没感觉到心灵的“雷电”震撼 |
[26:57] | You know,with mike,it hit me.With karl,it his me. | Mike就击中了我 Karl也是 |
[27:00] | I didn’t have to worryabout how I felt | 我无需担心自己的感受如何 |
[27:01] | becausethe thunderbolt told me. | 因为那一击就说明了问题 |
[27:04] | Yeah,yeah.Gotta love the thunderbolt. | 是啊 就是喜欢这种感觉 |
[27:07] | Do I,though? I mean,I do | 我呢?我也喜欢 |
[27:10] | But I don’ttrust it anymore. | 但是我不能信这种感觉 |
[27:11] | You know,those relationshipsturned out to be disasters. | 因为靠这种感觉带来的关系现在都成了灾难 |
[27:14] | Maybe I shouldstick it out with dr. Ron, | 也许我应该继续和Ron医师交往 |
[27:16] | and I should try heading downa road that’s growing and slower | 继续走在爱情的道路上 |
[27:21] | intoa sort of kind of love that would sustain itselffor 50 years. Right? | 也许慢慢地会持续50年之久 对吗? |
[27:25] | Stability,comfort,endurance–I deserve that. | 稳定 安逸 持久 我应该拥有这些 |
[27:28] | Oh,yes!Of course you do. | 哦 是的 当然 |
[27:34] | Still,you gotta lovethe thunderbolt. | 不过的确很喜欢雷击的感觉 |
[27:36] | That’s not helpful. | 别说那些没用的 |
[27:38] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:41] | Ah,this is a sign. | 这是个征兆 |
[27:42] | Will you shut up? | 你能不能闭嘴? |
[27:43] | We lost a baby,found outwe can’t conceive another one, | 我们失去了一个孩子 又发现不能生孩子了 |
[27:45] | and ran into helen rowlandat an adoption agency. | 结果又在领养所遇到了helen rowland |
[27:49] | God is obviouslytrying to tell us something. | 上帝似乎是在要告诉我们什么 |
[27:51] | Carlos,we’re catholics,okay? | Carlos 我们是天主教徒 |
[27:53] | God is pretty johnny one note on the whole subjectof procreation. | 上帝对于如何生育根本没什么好见解嘛! (指玛利亚圣灵怀胎一事) |
[27:56] | Hey,and will you stopwith this defeatist attitude? | 请你别一副垂头丧气的样子 好吗? |
[27:59] | Okay,do you wanta baby or not? | 你到底还想不想要孩子了? |
[28:00] | I think it’s time that we facedreality– | 我觉得我们应该面对现实– |
[28:02] | we’re bad people,and we probably don’teven deserve to be parents. | 我们根本就是坏人 不配为人父母 |
[28:05] | Well,then who the hell does? | 那谁配啊? |
[28:07] | I mean,look at all the idiotspopping kids. | 你看看现在的年轻人 |
[28:10] | Okay,they’re not any morequalified than we are. | 比起我们来 他们也好不到哪去 |
[28:13] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[28:14] | Look,carlos… | |
[28:17] | it doesn’t matterwhat we’ve done in our past. | 我们过去的所作所为并不重要 |
[28:19] | Being a parentmeans rising to the occasion, | 为人父母就是要随时面临并解决难题 |
[28:21] | and that’s exactlywhat we’re gonna do when we bring our baby home. | 我们有了孩子后更要如此 |
[28:26] | This is the first time I really felt likeyou wanted to have a baby. | 这是我第一次觉得你很想要孩子 |
[28:32] | (Sighs)well,this is the first time someone told meI couldn’t have one. | 这是我第一次听人告诉我 我不能有自己的孩子 |
[28:40] | Okay,so whatare we gonna do? | 好吧 我们该怎么办? |
[28:43] | I mean,no adoption agencyis gonna touch us now. | 现在没有哪个收养机构愿意给我们联系了 |
[28:47] | There are waysto get babies,carlos. | 想要孩子还是有其他办法的 carlos |
[28:49] | It just might cost us. | 不过花费会不小 |
[28:56] | I have some contactsin the police department. | 我在警局有熟人 |
[28:58] | I’ve been making calls,but I can’t seem to get a straight answerabout your dad. | 我也打了电话问了 不过他们似乎都说不清你爸爸究竟怎么了 |
[29:01] | I don’t understand.How do they just lose somebody? | 我不太明白 怎么可能会不知道 |
[29:03] | They don’t,not by accident. | 他们偏偏就不知道了 |
[29:06] | But I don’t think what happenedto your dad was an accident. | 但是我觉得你爸爸的事绝非偶然 |
[29:09] | What’s thatsupposed to mean? | 你什么意思? |
[29:12] | zach! | |
[29:15] | Mrs. Tillman. | Tillman夫人 |
[29:16] | Hello,zachary.You look terrible. | 你好 zachary 你脸色不好啊! |
[29:20] | Oh,mr. Delfino. | 哦 Delfino先生 |
[29:23] | Isn’t thisjust a picture? | 还真像啊 |
[29:25] | Felicia,why are you here? | Felicia 你来干吗? |
[29:27] | Young zacharyand I didn’t exactly part on the best of terms. | zachary和我的关系也不是完全决裂了 |
[29:32] | In fact,when the weather’s damp, | 其实 每当天阴的时候 |
[29:34] | I’m still remindedof our last good-bye. | 我就想起我们最后一次的道别 |
[29:37] | But forgive and forget.That’s my motto. | 不过不计前嫌 心无芥蒂 一向是我做人的原则 |
[29:41] | Macaroon? | 来点杏仁饼干吗? |
[30:19] | dad! | 爸爸! |
[30:22] | You all right? | 你没事吧? |
[30:35] | now how did you knowI love macaroons? | 你怎么知道我喜欢杏仁饼干? |
[30:46] | it won’t end here,you know.Noah taylor doesn’t give up. | 事情不会就这么结束的 Noah taylor不会这么轻易地放弃 |
[30:49] | Look,don’t worry about us.We’ll be gone by morning. | 不用你担心 我们明早就远走高飞了 |
[30:51] | No,it’s too latefor that now. | 不 太晚了 |
[30:53] | I guarantee he’s got people watching you. | 我敢打赌 他一定派人在监视你们 |
[30:55] | What is it withyou anyway? | 你这么费心图什么? |
[30:56] | First,you want me to run. | 你先是让我逃命 |
[30:57] | Now you want us to stick around likesitting ducks for this maniac. | 现在你又让我们跟傻子似得等死 |
[31:00] | Go ahead,run. Noah’s gotthe cops in his pocket. | 好啊 那你逃吧 Noah收买了警察 |
[31:04] | What do you think’s gonna happenthe first time you try to buy gas | 你要是用信用卡买汽油 或者 开新户头的话 |
[31:05] | with a credit card oropen a new bank account? | 你知道会发生什么事吗? |
[31:12] | So I’m a dead man. | 照你这么说 我死定了 |
[31:15] | Maybe not. | 也不一定 |
[31:16] | Not if we usewhat leverage we have. | 只要我们利用一下zack |
[31:19] | No way. | 没门 |
[31:20] | The old man’s gonna be dead in a couple of months,maybe less. | 老家伙还有不到几个月的寿辰 |
[31:24] | Let him meet zach, | 让他见见zach |
[31:26] | – play the doting grandfather– – I said forget it. | – 做一回慈爱的祖父 – 我说了没门 |
[31:28] | I’ll do it. | 我愿意 |
[31:32] | If it meanshe’ll leave us alone, | 如果他可以放过我们 |
[31:34] | I’m readyto be leveraged. | 我愿意被利用 |
[31:43] | Nicholsonwill be coming in in about 15 minuteswith a pitch, | Nicholson15分钟内就会带着广告创意来这里 |
[31:45] | so let’s grab everybody and make surewe’re all on the same page. | 所以大家最好碰个头了解一下情况 |
[31:53] | Hang on a second. | 等等 |
[31:58] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[32:00] | I need to say this. | 我得说出来 |
[32:02] | Ah,yeah… | 哦… |
[32:04] | I have been giving youa lot of grief lately about being the boss. | 对你当我的老板 我最近一直很不满 |
[32:07] | But it’s justhard for a guy to feel like | 但是你要知道 对于一个男人来说 |
[32:10] | he’s not in chargeof any part of his life. | 发现他不再万事为首是多么痛苦的一件事啊 |
[32:12] | But,honey, it goes back and forth. | 但是 亲爱的 这种事是时有时无啊 |
[32:14] | I know. But it just feelsa little one-sided lately, | 我知道 但最近偏向的厉害啊 |
[32:17] | and sometimesI need to drive the train. | 有时候我需要去驾驭 |
[32:21] | But,look,I know it is my issue. | 我也知道是我的问题 |
[32:23] | It’s my issue, | 我的问题 |
[32:25] | and I will step upand deal with it. | 我会站出来面对的 |
[32:34] | Mmm. | |
[32:37] | Whoa. Hello. | 哦 |
[32:39] | What’s going on,huh? | 你在干吗? |
[32:41] | I’m picking up where we left off. | 继续昨晚 |
[32:43] | Last night. | 未尽的事务 |
[32:44] | Oh,I get it. I get it. | 哦 我知道了 |
[32:46] | Ooh! This is your ideaof driving the train. | 哦 这就是你所谓的驾驭啊! |
[32:50] | And it’s very manlyand really impressive, | 的确男人味十足 让人惊叹 |
[32:54] | but it’s really,reallybad timing. | 不过现在可不是亲热的时候啊 |
[33:00] | You can’t be serious. | 你真会搞笑 |
[33:04] | Mmm. We’re gonna–we’re gonna be late. | 我们 我们可要迟到了 |
[33:06] | Yeah,we are goingto be late. | 我们可要迟到了 |
[33:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:16] | There is nothingmore important than family. | 没什么比家庭更重要的了 |
[33:18] | And I think it’s so unfairsome are denied their god-given rightto parent | 而且我觉得就因为过去的一些风流韵事 |
[33:22] | just because of a fewsordid incidents in their past. | 就不让你们做父母 实在是有失公允 |
[33:26] | Now | |
[33:27] | I may have to exploresome unconventional paths to find your child. | 我可能会用一些非常手段 来帮你们找到收养的孩子 |
[33:31] | I might even have to take actionsome might view as unsavory. | 有些行为可能会令人不快 |
[33:35] | But before I do… | 所以在我开始之前… |
[33:38] | I need proofthat the two of you are prepared | 我得需要你们能证明自己 |
[33:41] | to facethe challenges ahead. | 能面对未来的挑战 |
[33:51] | $20,000. | 2万美元 |
[33:53] | Is that proof enoughfor you? | 够了吗? |
[33:57] | Yes,it is. | 哦 够了 |
[34:14] | Nice to meet you,young man. | 很高兴见到你 年轻人 |
[34:17] | I’m not gonna hug you. | 我可不会去抱你 |
[34:19] | I don’t careif you are my grandfather. | 我才不在乎你是不是我的外公 |
[34:20] | Ah. That’s okay.Hugging’s not really my thing. | 没关系 反正我也不喜欢抱来抱去的 |
[34:25] | Mike,could you wait outside? | Mike 出去等一下 好吗 |
[34:27] | I’d like to be alonewith zachary. | 我想单独和zachary聊一回 |
[34:30] | Not a chance. | 想都别想 |
[34:32] | Just curious… | 我只是想问一下 |
[34:34] | why was it so importantyou see me? | 你为什么这么急着要见我? |
[34:36] | You’re my grandson. | 因为你是我外孙啊 |
[34:38] | My flesh and blood. | 我的骨肉啊 |
[34:41] | Isn’t it only natural I’d wanta relationship with you? | 我想见你不是天经地义嘛? |
[34:45] | What kind of relationshipcan we have when I know you triedto kill my dad? | 你想杀我爸爸 这也是天经地义吗? |
[34:49] | Surely,you can understand the rage I must feeltowards your father. | 你应该能理解我为什么如此怨恨你的父亲 |
[34:53] | Go ahead. Feel all the rageyou wanna feel. | 好啊 你尽管怨恨好了 |
[34:56] | But if anythinghappens to him, | 但是如果他出了什么事 |
[34:57] | I swear to god you are nevergonna see me again. | 我发誓你再也不会见到我 |
[35:01] | You only met metwo minutes ago, | 你才见到我两分钟 |
[35:03] | and here you are, | 没想到 |
[35:05] | already blackmailing me. | 就开始恐吓我了 |
[35:08] | I couldn’t be prouder. | 我真是感到无比自豪啊 |
[35:10] | I’m serious. | 我可是说真的 |
[35:11] | I want you to swear you’re notgonna do anything to my dad. | 我要你发誓不得伤害我的父亲 |
[35:14] | Which dad? | 哪位父亲啊? |
[35:16] | You have two of ’em. | 你有两个呢 |
[35:25] | You knowwho I’m talking about– | 你知道我说的是谁 |
[35:26] | my dad,the man who raised me, | 养我的那位 |
[35:28] | the only manI’m ever gonna care about. | 我唯一在意的那一位 |
[35:32] | So swear. | 发誓吧 |
[35:35] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[35:37] | Well,now thatthe ground rules have been set, | 既然规矩也订好了 |
[35:40] | who’s up for somemeaningless small talk? | 谁愿意和我闲聊几句啊? |
[35:55] | well,if it isn’tthe plumber. | 哦 这不是那位水管工嘛 |
[35:58] | You here to see susan? | 你是来看susan的? |
[35:59] | Uh,yeah,I just wanted to talkto her before her operation. | 我想在她动手术前和她说几句话 |
[36:02] | Oh?You’re cutting it kinda close. | 哦 那你来得可真巧啊 |
[36:03] | She’s just aboutto be wheeled into surgery. | 她马上就要进手术室了 |
[36:06] | You know,she’s dating her surgeon. | 你知道吗 她在和她的那位外科医生约会 |
[36:09] | Yeah,she told me. | 知道她告诉我了 |
[36:12] | You met him? | 你见过他了? |
[36:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:14] | He’s,like,6 years old. | 他就像个三岁小孩似的 |
[36:17] | those for her? | 这些是给她的? |
[36:19] | Yeah. The floristwas having a sale on lilacs. | 是的 花店正好特价销售丁香 |
[36:23] | Dr. Ron just bought her the biggest bouquet of rosesyou’ve ever seen. | Ron医师刚刚送给她一簇玫瑰花 |
[36:27] | It was disgusting. | 真恶心 |
[36:28] | And the note that went with itmade my teeth hurt, it was so saccharin. | 还有那留言条 写的都酸死了 我牙都倒了 |
[36:31] | He used words like”soul mate” and “eternity.” | 说什么“心心相印的伴侣” 什么“永恒” |
[36:36] | I almostpuked in the vase. | 我差点吐出来 |
[36:38] | What’d susan thinkabout that? | 那么susan怎么想的? |
[36:42] | Well,she seemedto be really into it. | 她似乎很喜欢 |
[36:50] | Mike! | |
[36:51] | Oh,wait,stop! Go back! | 等一下 回去! |
[36:53] | Stop! Stop a second. | 停下来 等一下 |
[36:55] | Hey!What are you doing here? | 你来干吗? |
[36:58] | I just,uh,wanted to wishyou luck before your surgery. | 就是来祝你手术成功 |
[37:01] | Aw,that’s so sweet. | 谢谢 |
[37:05] | You came all the waydown here just for me. | 你还专程来看我 |
[37:08] | Yep. That’s why I came. | 是的 我来就是为了这个 |
[37:11] | Oh,it meansa lot to me that you came. | 你能来我很高兴 |
[37:15] | Well,you take care,susan. | 你多保重 susan |
[37:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:20] | Bye. | 再见 |
[37:24] | You forgotto give her your flowers. | 你忘了给她花了 |
[37:27] | Ah,it’s no big deal. | 没关系 |
[37:36] | Hi,susan. | 你好 susan |
[37:37] | How are those drugsworking for you?You feeling good? | 麻醉药起作用了吗?你觉得如何? |
[37:40] | Super-duper.How you feeling? | 好的不能再好了 你呢? |
[37:43] | Well,um,you know I want you to know, | 我想让你知道 |
[37:46] | what I said the other day– | 那天我说的那些话– |
[37:47] | that corny stuff about meholding your heart in my hands– | 说什么我要抓住你的心这类的酸话– |
[37:51] | well,what I meantto say was, | 我想说的是 |
[37:54] | my feelings for you–they keep growing, | 我对你感情 日益见深 |
[37:56] | and,uh,I think– | 我觉得– |
[37:59] | well,I hope that you feel the same way about me.Mm. | 呃 我希望你对我的感觉也是如此 |
[38:03] | Ah,hell,susan. | 啊 susan |
[38:05] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[38:07] | Aw,thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[38:10] | I love mike. | 我爱mike |
[38:15] | Mike? | |
[38:16] | Susan,who’s mike? | Susan 谁是mike? |
[38:18] | Mike is love. Mmm. | Mike是我的真爱 |
[38:24] | Who the hell is mike? | 谁是mike? |
[38:27] | I don’t know,but she’s marriedto a guy named karl. | 我不知道 不过她嫁给了一个叫karl的男人 |
[38:29] | I’m so,so sorry.I should’ve told you,dr. Ron. | 我很抱歉 我应该早点告诉你的 Ron医师 |
[38:32] | Mmm,mike,mike,mike… | |
[38:35] | oh,why are you alwaysfalling in love with skanks? | 哦 你为何总爱上那些水性杨花的女人? |
[38:39] | You beautiful,beautiful man! | 你是个多出色英俊的男人啊 |
[38:41] | Oh! | 哦! |
[38:49] | okay,we ready to go here? | 准备好了吗? |
[38:53] | Yeah. Sure. | 是的 |
[38:57] | Let’s cutthis bitch open. | 就让我们开了这个婊子吧 |
[39:07] | what are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[39:08] | Your lawyer left a messageon my machine. | 你的律师电话留言了 |
[39:11] | It seems we havea hearing in four weeks, | 四周后要举行听证会 |
[39:13] | and I wanna be ready. | 我要做好准备 |
[39:16] | Oh,I get it. | 哦 我明白了 |
[39:17] | So,uh,so you’re gonna pretendto be sober for the judge? | 你要在法官面前假装没醉酒 |
[39:20] | Oh,there’s no pretending. | 不是假装 |
[39:22] | I am going to my first A.A. Meeting tomorrow. | 我明天要参加嗜酒者互诫协会的见面会 |
[39:26] | Of course,I picked onein the worst part of town | 当然了 我故意挑了一个别的地方的伙伴 |
[39:28] | so I won’trun into anybody I know. | 这样我就不会遇到熟人 |
[39:30] | Which,of course,means I will. | 其实还是会遇到 |
[39:33] | All right,so whatis that gonna prove? | 好吧 这又能说明什么? |
[39:36] | Perception is reality,andrew. | 公众观念是很重要的 andrew |
[39:38] | And if people perceive meto have a drinking problem, | 如果大家认为我有酗酒恶习 |
[39:41] | then I do. | 我就有了 |
[39:42] | And I certainly don’t wantsome idiotic judge | 我当然不会让某个傻瓜法官 |
[39:44] | using my hobby as an excuseto make you rich. | 以我的喜好为由让你暴富起来 |
[39:48] | So I’m simplygoing to give up my wine | 所以我干脆就戒酒 |
[39:51] | and becomea recovering alcoholic. | 成为一个改过的新人 |
[39:56] | Good plan,but it’ll never work. | 办法倒是不错 不过就是行不通 |
[39:59] | See,I’ll bet you stillend up coming to court hammered. | 我敢打赌你到法庭上时还是醉醺醺的 |
[40:03] | oh,andrew,you don’t thinkI love you enough to | 哦 andrew 你觉得我不爱你 |
[40:06] | give up alcohol? | 所以不会戒酒? |
[40:09] | Look,I’m 17,all right? | 我已经17岁了 |
[40:11] | So you can only keep me herefor another year. | 你最多还能困住我一年 |
[40:14] | Why notjust let me go? | 为什么不肯放手? |
[40:16] | Because I’m notdone with you yet. | 因为我的职责还没完成 |
[40:19] | It’s my job to teach you, | 我的职责是教育你成人 |
[40:20] | and you are not half the manI know you can be. | 可你现在还远没有成人 |
[40:23] | Yeah,well,I got news for you– | 呃 我就这么跟你说吧- |
[40:26] | this is as goodas I’m gonna get. | 我绝不会罢手的 |
[40:27] | If I really thought that, | 我要是这么想 |
[40:28] | I’d get a gun right nowand kill us both. | 我肯定会掏出一把枪 杀了我们俩 |
[40:30] | Mom,we’re both so unhappy. | 妈妈 我们俩现在都不开心 |
[40:33] | Why not justlet me take my trust fund, | 干吗不把钱给我 |
[40:34] | and I’ll getout of your hair forever? | 这样我就可以永远不烦你了? |
[40:37] | Please. | 求你了 |
[40:43] | You’re a stone cold bitch,you know that? | 你是个冷血的婊子 你知道不? |
[40:55] | I’m sorry.I didn’t quite catch that. | 不好意思 你刚才说什么 我没听清楚 |
[41:01] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[41:03] | You know,the oppositeof love isn’t hate. | 爱的对立面并非恨 |
[41:07] | It’s indifference. | 而是冷漠 |
[41:09] | And if you hate me, | 如果你恨我 |
[41:10] | that means you still care, | 就说明你还在乎我 |
[41:13] | and we’re still connected, | 我们之间还有亲情 |
[41:15] | and I still have a chanceto set you right. | 我还有机会让你改邪归正 |
[41:25] | This is how bree van de kamp | 这就是bree van de kamp |
[41:28] | finally came to change her weekly routine. | 如何最终改变了自己的每周安排 |
[41:31] | She still cleaned on tuesdays… | 仍是周二打扫… |
[41:35] | paid her bills on wednesdays… | 周三交费… |
[41:38] | and did her laundry on thursdays. | 周四洗衣服 |
[41:42] | But her fridays | 但每周的星期五 |
[41:43] | were now reserved for a meeting… | 要参加一个会议… |
[41:48] | a special meeting | 一个特别的会议 |
[41:49] | where she stood in front of people she didn’t know… | 站在一大群素不相识的人前… |
[41:53] | my name is bree, | 我的名字是bree |
[41:55] | and I am an alcoholic. | 我是一名酗酒者 |
[41:58] | And said things she didn’t believe. | 违心地诉说着 |
[42:04] | And afterwards,bree would come home | 而后 回到家中 |
[42:07] | and reward herself… | 犒劳自己… |
[42:09] | on the completion of another successful week. | 祝贺完满成功的一周 |
[42:15] | Desperate housewives Season 2 Episode 16 |