时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on desperate housewives… | |
[00:02] | Your spleen has wandered close to your heart. | 你的脾在向心脏偏移 |
[00:04] | We’re gonna take it out. | 需要切除 |
[00:04] | Get your insurance figured out by then | 提前把保险办好 |
[00:06] | [There was the bad news] | 有些是坏消息 |
[00:08] | It’s the cop I want you to talk to | 我是要你去跟警察谈 |
[00:09] | His name is Solomon | 他叫Solomon |
[00:10] | ??? daughter | 这是她女儿的档案 |
[00:12] | [The discomforting news] | 令人不安的消息 |
[00:13] | Thanks | 谢谢 |
[00:15] | Are you hiding someone in your house? | 你家里是不是藏了谁? |
[00:17] | Tell me your secret,I’ll understand | 把秘密告诉我,我会理解 |
[00:20] | OK | 好吧 |
[00:20] | [and the news no one should know] | 还有一些消息,谁也不该知道 |
[00:23] | But you tell me yours first | 不过得先把你的秘密告诉我 |
[00:28] | Once a month,the (???) seciety | 每个月 |
[00:31] | would attend a semi-formal lunch at the home of Maxine Bennett. | 大家都会到Maxine Bennett家里 参加一次半正式的午宴 |
[00:36] | Everyone loves these elegant get-togethers | 这样典雅的聚会很受大家欢迎 |
[00:39] | Everyone that is, | 虽然大家都喜欢 |
[00:41] | but a certain red headed housewive who is convinced Maxine was a liar | 一位红发主妇却认定Maxine说了谎 |
[00:47] | You see,Maxine like to brag that she did all her own cooking | Maxine喜欢吹嘘所有的菜肴 都由她亲手烹饪 |
[00:52] | and because each course was served promptly, | 也正因为每道菜的迅速更换 |
[00:56] | presented with flare | 色香味全 |
[01:00] | and it was positively mouth watering | 让人垂涎欲滴 |
[01:03] | Bree knew Maxine had had some help | Bree便肯定了Maxine请了帮手 |
[01:07] | and sadly for Maxine… | Maxine的不幸在于… |
[01:10] | Bree intended to prove it | Bree打算证明自己的想法 |
[01:13] | Maxine,once again,this entire lunch is just out the swirl | Maxine,这顿饭实在太让人难忘了 |
[01:18] | I just have to get the number of your caterer | 我一定得把你厨师的电话要来 |
[01:20] | What a nice compliment. | 多好的赞扬 |
[01:21] | No,I’m afraid this is all my doing | 不过,这都是我一人之劳 |
[01:24] | This was a triumph,an absolute triumph | 这是次盛典,绝对的盛典 |
[01:26] | Oh,come on,do you honestly expect us to believe | 拜托,你真以为我们会相信 |
[01:28] | that you had the time to prepare a six-course meal for ten women | 你会有时间给10个人准备6道菜? |
[01:32] | Even I couldn’t make this and have time to get ready for a party | 连我都做不到 更别提还要准备派对 |
[01:35] | Well,perhaps you’re just not as organized as I am | 也许,你的组织性没有我的强 |
[01:41] | If you excuse me | 我离开一下 |
[01:44] | Bree,what’s got into you? | Bree 你是怎么了 |
[01:46] | I have the same recipe for English plum pudding | 我有一套完全一样的 葡萄干布丁菜谱 |
[01:49] | It takes six hours to prepare | 准备起来要花6个小时 |
[01:51] | How would you have time to make all this and everything else that we ate today | 怎么可能有时间准备 这些外加我们今天吃到的其他东西? |
[01:55] | This’s not the pudding of an honest woman | 这布丁绝对不是 出自一个诚实女人的手 |
[01:58] | FBI,open up | FBI 开门 |
[02:00] | What on earth… | 究竟怎么了… |
[02:10] | looking for a Maxine Bennett | 我们要找一位Maxine Bennett |
[02:11] | I’m Maxine | 我就是Maxine |
[02:12] | We have a warrant. This is the premier’s mail | 我们有许可证 这里是总理的邮件 |
[02:14] | A warrant? I’m in the middle of a luncheon | 许可证?我正在用午餐呢啊 |
[02:17] | Over here | 在这儿 |
[02:21] | Found her | 找到了 |
[02:25] | Maxine Bennett,you are under arrest, | Maxine Bennett 你被捕了 |
[02:27] | for involuntary servitude | 强制劳役罪 |
[02:29] | Is this the woman who locked you up? | 就是她把你锁起来的吗 |
[02:44] | Bree,what’s going on? | Bree 到底怎么回事 |
[02:46] | Well,I’m not sure,but I think Maxine had a slave | 我不清楚 不过我想Maxine窝藏了奴隶 |
[02:50] | I can’t believe it,I just can’t believe it | 不敢相信 简直不敢相信 |
[02:55] | [But Bree could, | 不过Bree知道 |
[02:57] | you see,for her | 对她来说 |
[02:59] | ,the proof was in the pudding] | 一切证据都藏在了布丁里 |
[03:06] | Desperate housewives Season 2 Episode 14 | |
[03:09] | [The world is filled with unlikely friendships] | 世上充满了反常的友情 |
[03:14] | [Odd pairings that to the casual observer | |
[03:17] | make absolutely no sense at all] | |
[03:21] | [But if we look closer, | 但如果我们稍加细心 |
[03:24] | we can see why these alliances formed] | 就会发现人们结盟的真正原因 |
[03:27] | [After all,a shared purpose can give even mortal enemies common ground] | 毕竟,共同的目的甚至 能让两个死敌走到一起 |
[03:34] | Bree, | |
[03:36] | we have a question for you | 我们有个问题要问 |
[03:37] | Oh,what is it? | 哦,是什么问题 |
[03:38] | Well,we were just wondering,actually,we were curious about…uh… | 我们想知道… 其实,我们是好奇… |
[03:41] | What the hell is going on with you and Betty Applewhite? | 你和Betty Applewhite到底怎么回事? |
[03:43] | Yeah,that | 恩,就是这个问题 |
[03:46] | Excuse me | 你说什么 |
[03:47] | Well,from the day that dead body showed up, | 从那个死尸出现的那天开始 |
[03:49] | nobody was yelling ‘oh,the Applewhites are involved other than you | 除了你,就没别人说 “哦,Applewhites一家来了” |
[03:53] | and the next thing we know,you are having Betty over for poker? | 一眨眼的功夫,你又请Betty来打牌? |
[03:55] | What??? | 到底怎么回事 |
[03:56] | She makes it sound like we are angry,we are not angry | 她说得好象我们很生气一样 其实没有 |
[03:58] | I’m a little angry | 我有点生气了 |
[03:59] | Can we talk about this later? I have ice-cream in here | 能以后再说吗,我袋子里装了冰淇淋 |
[04:02] | Bree,could this flip-flop have something to do with | Bree,这么大的转弯会不会 |
[04:05] | the fact that Daniel is dating Matthew? | 与Daniel和Matthew约会有关? |
[04:08] | Yeah,that would get her | 恩,这么说她就注意了 |
[04:11] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的? |
[04:12] | – Mrs. McClosky- she saw them making out in the park | – McClosky太太 – 她看到他们在公园里亲热 |
[04:14] | – Eddie! – What? | – 怎么了? |
[04:16] | Can’t you sugar-coat a little? | 你就不能婉转一点? |
[04:18] | I did,he had his hand down her shirt | 我有啊 他都把手伸到她衣服里了我还没说呢 |
[04:21] | Bree,we know that you have a good reason for wanting Betty to hang out with us | Bree,我们知道你让Betty加入 肯定有合适的理由 |
[04:26] | We just wondered if you could clue us in a little | 我们只想稍微了解一下 |
[04:30] | When it comes to Betty Applewhite,I know what I’m doing | 和Betty Applewhite有关的事 我都心里有数 |
[04:32] | and you two are just gonna have to trust me | 你们俩只要相信我 |
[04:34] | and if you can’t do that, | 如果你们做不到 |
[04:36] | then perhaps I’ve over-estimated the depth of our friendship | 那也许我高估了我们的感情 |
[04:39] | Now,if you excuse me | 恕不奉陪了 |
[04:42] | What a bitch! | 婊子一个! |
[04:44] | – Eddie,can you … – I was sugar-coating it | – Eddie,你能不能 … – 我已经很委婉了 |
[04:57] | Oh,hey…none of that in ear | 哦,嘿…别亲耳朵啊 |
[05:00] | Come on,maybe if we are remind them I’m shacking up with a senior VP, | 好了,也许让他们知道我和副总裁是一家的 |
[05:03] | they’ll stop killing all my pitches | 他们就不会否决我的创意了 |
[05:05] | You’ve only been here for a week,why don’t you give yourself a break? | 你刚来一个星期,干吗不休息休息? |
[05:07] | Honey,you know the ad game, | 亲爱的 你也知道广告界的规矩 |
[05:08] | we got to serve amount of time before mockery kicks me into the curb | 不努力就被淘汰 |
[05:12] | Look,I’m just asking you … | 我只是想让你… |
[05:14] | jump in every once in a while,throw me some of the ??? on the work path | 时不时地参与一下 在工作上帮我一把 |
[05:17] | I can’t protect you,you’re gonna have to find a way to click with Ed yourself | 我不能袒护你 你得自己想办法和Ed沟通 |
[05:23] | And then the pig,he rubs on his stomach,and he goes…’ | 然后这支猪蹭了蹭肚皮 说到… |
[05:26] | Farm Fresh Bacon? I’ll make a piggy out of you too’ | “来点新鲜农场熏肉吗? 你也可以一样强壮” |
[05:36] | So… | 这么说… |
[05:37] | the pig actually eats the bacon? | 这猪还真要把肉吃下去? |
[05:40] | Uhuh,yeah | 对 |
[05:41] | I don’t see the client doing a happy dance over the whole cannibalism theme | 我看拿自相残杀的主题 可很难让客户买帐 |
[05:48] | Well,Tom,why don’t you pitch them the other idea you came up with last night? | Tom,干吗不说说你昨天晚上 想到的那个点子? |
[05:51] | You know,the one where people love bacon so much that they wanna keep it a secret? | 就是熏肉大受欢迎 大家都把它当成秘密的那个 |
[05:55] | What,like a secret underground society of bacon eaters? | 怎么,就好比是个熏肉消费者的 秘密地下社会? |
[05:58] | Well,like my collage fraternity where, | 就和我大学时候的兄弟会差不多 |
[06:00] | you know,everybody wanted in,but we only take the coolest guys | 大家都想往里挤 可我们只要那些最酷的 |
[06:05] | You were Greek? | 你曾经加入Greek? |
[06:07] | -Alpha Tau Megon ?? – I was Phi Kappa?? | – 是ΑΤΩ – 我原来是Φκ |
[06:09] | You? | 就你? |
[06:10] | And I don’t remember you happened to be that cool to play JTO | 我怎么不记得你会酷到玩GTO |
[06:14] | Look,if I had a nickle for every fi-cap | 如果我还有一枚所有Φκ 在高速公路标志上 |
[06:16] | that I tag ‘naked’ to a free way sign | |
[06:18] | Scavo,if you were my pledge,I’d make you my bitch | Scavo,如果你立誓加入 那我就让你做我的下手 |
[06:20] | Oh,you think so? | 哦,你这么以为? |
[06:22] | You know what,I’m liking this whole fraternity ankle | 知道吗 我喜欢这兄弟会的点子 |
[06:27] | Yeah,you know,let’s talk about it over lunch | 恩,咱们午饭的时候谈 |
[06:30] | You’re buying | 你买单 |
[06:34] | Go | 去啊 |
[06:47] | Hello,what’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[06:49] | Gabrielle,I want you to meet someone | Gabrielle,我来给你介绍 |
[06:52] | This is Xiao Mei | 这是小梅 |
[06:53] | She’s the young lady who’s forced to work for Maxine Bennett | 就是她被Maxine Bennett强制劳役的 |
[06:56] | Oh,the slave | 哦,那个奴隶阿 |
[06:58] | Wow, | 哇 |
[07:00] | looks well fed | 喂得不错啊 |
[07:02] | The church is making arrangements for her to return to China | 教堂正在安排她回中国 |
[07:04] | But until then,she needs a place to stay | 不过在这之前,她需要个落脚的地方 |
[07:07] | So I offered her our guest room | 所以我就把客厅给她住了 |
[07:10] | Really? | 真的啊? |
[07:13] | Baby,can I talk to you for a second? | 宝贝儿 能跟你说句话吗? |
[07:18] | Oh,you nuts | 你这个笨蛋 |
[07:19] | It’s only for a couple of days | 就那么一两天 |
[07:20] | Oh,this time,you are quickly becoming Father Crowley’s go-to guy for charity cases | 那只是这一次吧 你快成了Crowley神父的慈善大使了 |
[07:25] | And that’s a bad thing? | 这难道不对? |
[07:26] | When he turns our house into a catholic underground ??,YES! | 他把咱们家都变成天主教广场了 当然不对! |
[07:30] | You know who you are,Gabby? | 你知道你属于哪种人么,Gabby? |
[07:31] | You are the kind of person who’d turn away Mary and Joseph from the inn | 你这种人连圣人都不会让进门半步 |
[07:35] | Well,they should’ve called ahead | 他们本该先打个电话来的 |
[07:46] | Don’t brush your hair at the table | 别在饭桌旁边梳头 |
[07:49] | Are you talking to me? | 你是在和我说话吗? |
[07:51] | Does this mean you’ve finally forgiven me? | 那是不是代表你已经原谅我了? |
[07:52] | Why should I? You’ve betrayed this family and you’re not even sorry | 为什么原谅你? 你背叛了家人却毫无歉意 |
[07:55] | Don’t be such a drama queen | 别这么小题大做的 |
[07:58] | If the Applewhites go to the police | 如果Applewhites家的人去找警察 |
[07:59] | and tell them that your brother ran over Mrs.Solis, | 告诉他们是你哥哥撞了Solis太太 |
[08:02] | he could go to prison. | 他就会坐牢了 |
[08:05] | How can you not understand that? | 你怎么就不懂呢 |
[08:08] | They won’t talk about Andrew as long as you don’t go to the police about Caleb | 只要你不说Caleb的事 他们就不会提Andrew |
[08:11] | What does this Caleb do exactly? | 这个Caleb到底是干什么的? |
[08:13] | And why on earth are they hiding him? | 他们把他藏起来究竟是为了什么? |
[08:15] | Why don’t you go to Mrs. Applewhite | 干吗不去找Applewhite太太 |
[08:17] | and tell her you really need to know what’s going on? | 告诉她你想知道事情真相呢? |
[08:21] | I bet if you were really nice,she’d tell you the truth | 如果你态度够好 我肯定她会告诉你实情的 |
[08:24] | Is that what you really think,Danielle? | 你真的是这么想的吗,Danielle? |
[08:26] | I should go to Mrs.Applewhite | 我应该去找Applewhite太太 |
[08:28] | be nice and then she’ll hand over all her secrets? | 和生和气地让她告诉我所有的秘密? |
[08:33] | Yeah | 对 |
[08:35] | When I was young,my stepmother told me that I was very lucky | 在我小的时候 我的后妈说我很幸运 |
[08:39] | I possessed beauty,wit,cunning and insight | 我拥有美貌,才智,心计,与见识 |
[08:44] | These four weapons all women needed to survive in the world | 这是全世界的女人都需要的 四种武器 |
[08:49] | So? | 所以呢? |
[08:51] | So take good care of your looks,Danielle | 所以专注于你的美貌,Danielle |
[08:54] | You don’t have any other weapons at your disposal | 除了这,你一无所有 |
[09:03] | Hi, | 嗨 |
[09:05] | I need an operation on my spleen, | 我要做脾手术 |
[09:06] | and I just found out that I ran out of medical insurance. | 可我刚刚发现我没有医疗保险 |
[09:08] | Is there anyone I can sue? | 有什么我可以起诉的人吗? |
[09:12] | After the ????? Launy let the policy lapse | 自从我的经纪人垮台后 |
[09:15] | Now he’s in jail,and I’m gonna die | 现在他坐牢了 我要死了 |
[09:17] | Susie,you are not gonna die | Susie, 你不会死的 |
[09:19] | I’ll get into it with the insurance company | 我会去找保险公司 |
[09:20] | No,there isn’t time for you to deal with the red tape | 不,现在没有时间去繁文缛节了 |
[09:23] | My spleen is going crinin into my heart | 我的脾已经刺激到我的心脏 |
[09:27] | I need that operation now | 我得马上就动手术 |
[09:28] | I’d loan you the money myself | 我本来可以自己借钱给你 |
[09:30] | But Eddie and I just plopped down our savings since ski condo | 可Eddie和我已经把积蓄都花在房子上了 |
[09:34] | I don’t need a loan | 我不需要借钱 |
[09:36] | I need coverage | 我需要保险 |
[09:37] | I mean what if there are complications | 如果要是有并发症可怎么办 |
[09:40] | I don’t have a safety net | 我连一点保障也没有 |
[09:43] | …please… | …求你了… |
[09:45] | What in the hell are you doing? | 你到底在干吗? |
[09:47] | I’m saying a little prayer | 我在祈祷 |
[09:49] | Uh,for puke sake | 啊,看在呕吐的份上 |
[09:50] | What? I’m desperate here,do you have any other ideas? | 怎么,我已经走投无路了 你还有其他办法吗? |
[09:53] | As a matter of fact,I do | 其实 我有办法 |
[09:56] | What you need is a husband | 你需要的,是个丈夫 |
[09:58] | What? | 什么? |
[09:59] | The only way to get a good health plan | 获得健康唯一办法 |
[10:02] | is to marry into one | 就是嫁人 |
[10:03] | Eddie,come on | Eddie,拜托 |
[10:05] | No,no,I think she’s onto something | 别,我觉得她说得有道理 |
[10:08] | Yeah,if we find the guy with the right plan | 如果我们找到了合适人选 |
[10:11] | you could have a sham waiting on a Monday night,and be | 你就可以周一结婚 |
[10:13] | fully covered Tuesday morning | 周二就有医保了 |
[10:15] | I can’t believe you are actually considering this | 不敢相信你还真的会考虑这个办法 |
[10:17] | The surgeon is slicing me open a week from tomorrow, | 还有一周我就要开刀了 |
[10:20] | what other choice do I have? | 还能有什么办法? |
[10:22] | All we have to do is to find a guy who’s willing to marry you | 只要找到一个愿意娶你的人就行 |
[10:31] | You know,come to think of it, | 仔细想想 |
[10:32] | a little prayer might not be such a bad idea after all | 也许祈祷并不是个坏主意 |
[10:41] | Pad,we are all here,so send the call in as soon as you get it | Pad,我们都在 接到电话就马上转进来吧 |
[10:48] | 200 bucks says you can’t do that three times in a row | 我出200块赌你不能连续接三次 |
[10:54] | You catch three of those, | 连续三次 |
[10:57] | 200 bucks | 就有200块 |
[10:59] | What do you say there,Scavo? | 怎么样,Scavo? |
[11:01] | You are on. | 开始吧 |
[11:02] | – Here we go. – Ah-ah-ah-ah! | – 开始 – 啊啊啊啊! |
[11:05] | Thrown by me. | 我来扔 |
[11:06] | I’m sorry,I thought we were here to talk aboutthe farm fresh rollout? | 抱歉, 我以为我们是来讨论农场首场展示 |
[11:10] | They gotta be catchable,big guy. | 它们会被我接住的,伙计 |
[11:12] | You just let me worryabout the shooting. | 你让我担心该怎样投了 |
[11:14] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[11:20] | – that’s one. – Guys… | – 一个 – 伙计们… |
[11:23] | oh! | 噢! |
[11:25] | Nice moves. | 漂亮 |
[11:27] | One more,big guy. | 又一个,伙计 |
[11:28] | Guys,please… that’s–all right. | 伙计们,拜托… 好吧 |
[11:32] | – Ow! – Oh! | – 啊噢! – 噢! |
[11:35] | ow. | 噢 |
[11:37] | that wasn’t even catchable! | 那怎么接的住! |
[11:39] | Yeah,well,maybe not. | 恩,可能不是 |
[11:40] | But it’s totally worth the 200 bucks.Ahh! | 但是这足足值200美元 |
[11:43] | Whoo! | 呼! |
[11:44] | Well,you got me. | 你该给我的 |
[11:46] | You’re a regularlittle monkey man! | 你真是只猴子 |
[11:48] | Oh,I love this guy. | 噢,我爱这家伙 |
[11:56] | Oh. Hi. | 噢,你好 |
[12:01] | Do you have to sit aroundall day? | 你得坐一整天么? |
[12:02] | I mean,shouldn’t you be out experiencingwestern civilization | 我是说,你不是应该出去体验一下 西方文明 |
[12:05] | while you have the chance? | 当你有这个机会的时候? |
[12:09] | what are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[12:12] | I fix. | 我在补… |
[12:13] | No,this is couture! | 不,这是名牌! |
[12:15] | This rip has to be fixedby an experienced tailor. | 这裂缝得让经验丰富的裁缝来补 |
[12:17] | You can’t just… | 你不能… |
[12:18] | holy crap!This stitching is perfect! | 噢天呐!缝的真漂亮! |
[12:22] | Hungry? | 饿了么? |
[12:29] | Did you make all of this? | 都是你做的? |
[12:34] | Oh! | 噢! |
[12:35] | For me? Okay. | 给我的?好的 |
[12:42] | Oh,my god! | 噢,天呐! |
[12:44] | You like? | 你喜欢? |
[12:45] | I like a lot. | 非常喜欢 |
[13:01] | you like that? | 你喜欢这个? |
[13:03] | yeah,that’s nice. | 是的,非常不错 |
[13:05] | Do you know what they do to people in china who speak out against the government?Hmm? | 你知道在中国他们怎么对付那些 要反抗政府的人么?嗯? |
[13:09] | They put themin forced labor camps. | 他们得进劳改所 |
[13:11] | Isn’t that awful? | 很可怕,不是么? |
[13:13] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[13:14] | You know what I mean?It’s such a repressive regime. | 你知道我在说什么么? 这是一个多么高压的政治制度 |
[13:18] | We forgethow good we have it. | 我们都忘了这方面上我们多么幸运 |
[13:20] | Yes,we do. | 是的 |
[13:22] | Don’t you think xiao-mei would like it better herein america? | 你不觉得小梅会更喜欢在美国么? |
[13:27] | I mean,where she could learn about freedom and democracyand stuff? | 我是说,她能在这体会 什么是自由和民主 |
[13:32] | Does this haveanything to do with you making xiao-meido housework? | 这和你让小梅做家务有什么关系么? |
[13:36] | What? | 什么? |
[13:36] | I came downstairs this morningand found her waxing the floor. | 我早上下楼的时候看见她在给 地板上蜡 |
[13:39] | She told me you asked herto put on two coats. | 她告诉我说你让她穿2件衣服 |
[13:41] | Well,first of all,that was her idea. | 好吧,首先,这是她的主意 |
[13:44] | Second of all,I can’t have this conversation until you’ve tasted her crab puffs. | 其次,我们得等你尝过她做的 螃蟹泡芙以后再继续讨论这个 |
[13:47] | Oh… | 噢… |
[13:54] | She just got donebeing a slave. | 她只是不幸的做了奴隶 |
[13:56] | I mean,she wantsto go back to china… | 我是说,她想回中国… |
[13:58] | and we can’t force herto stay here and be our maid. | 我们也不能勉强她在这里做 我们的女佣 |
[14:01] | Well,who’s forcing her? We’ll pay herwhatever she wants. | 谁强迫她了?我们会给她所有她 想要的 |
[14:04] | 最棒的就是,以她的资历 | |
[14:06] | any wage will look good. | 工资会不错 |
[14:08] | No way,baby. Mnh-mnh. | 不行,宝贝 |
[14:15] | What? | 怎么了? |
[14:19] | What? What,so you don’t getwhat you want, you just walk offand pout? | 怎么?你不能得到你想要的 就撅撅嘴走开么? |
[14:21] | Oh,this isn’t about me. | 噢,这不是我的问题 |
[14:23] | This is about our great nation. | 而是关乎我们伟大的国家 |
[14:24] | And I have no intentionof sexually satisfying a man who isn’t willing to stand up for | 并且我也不想取悦一个不想支持 |
[14:28] | and help spread the ideals and values of the united statesof america. | 和帮助传播美国观念和价值的男人 |
[14:37] | And sometimes she is a little hard to stomach,but she means well. | 虽然有时候她让人难以忍受 但是总体来说不错 |
[14:40] | Well,that’s– | 好吧,就是说– |
[14:40] | hi!Oh,here she is. | 你好!噢,她来了 |
[14:42] | I came as soon as I got your message. | 我一收到你的短信就来了 |
[14:44] | Is this… this is gary grantham | 这是… 这是加里�q格兰瑟姆 |
[14:46] | your future ex-husband. | 你未来的准丈夫 |
[14:48] | – Wow,nice to meet you. – Hi. | – 哇哦,很高兴见到你 – 你好 |
[14:49] | Okay,listen,um,I’ve got to meet a client. I’ve got to go, | 好吧,听着,嗯,我还有个 客户要见,现在得走了 |
[14:52] | so just talk amongst yourselves, and | 那么随便聊聊 |
[14:54] | you two makea very handsome couple. | 你们真是一对俊男美女 |
[14:58] | Oh.Yeah. | 噢,好吧 |
[15:00] | Uh,- hi.- hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[15:03] | So do you wannaget married on wednesday? | 你愿意在星期三结婚么? |
[15:05] | ‘Cause thursday and fridayI’m out of town. | 因为星期四和星期五我不在这儿 |
[15:07] | Oh! Oh,yeah. Sure,that’s–wednesday’s great. | 噢!噢,可以.当然,我是说– 星期三很不错 |
[15:11] | I’m–I’m just curious… | 我–我只是好奇… |
[15:13] | how did edie convince youto do this so quickly? | 伊迪是怎么在这么短的时间内 就说服你的? |
[15:16] | Well,she explainedyour situation to me. | 他跟我说明了你的情况 |
[15:18] | I’m sort of in needof a fake bride myself, so I figured, | 我正急着找一个挂名新娘 所以我同意了 |
[15:20] | what the heck? | 管它的 |
[15:22] | Why would you needa fake bride? | 为什么你需要一个挂名新娘 |
[15:23] | Uh,I’m gay,and I’ve nevercome out to my mother. | 啊,我是个同性恋,并且我永远 无法对我妈妈坦诚这件事 |
[15:27] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 是的 |
[15:28] | At first,I justdidn’t want to upset her. | 开始,我只是不想让她难过 |
[15:30] | Then she got older,she gotemphysema and diverticulitis, | 后来她年纪大了 得了肺气肿和憩室炎 |
[15:33] | and I started thinking,if I just kept my mouth shut, | 我开始思考,只要我闭口不提 |
[15:35] | then one day naturewould take its course | 她终将离开 |
[15:38] | and we could avoid what is sureto be a very ugly scene. | 那我们就可以避免一个必定 非常糟糕的场面 |
[15:41] | So what changed? | 那么是什么改变了? |
[15:43] | She told me at her81st birthday party last month, | 上个月在她81岁生日的时候 她告诉我 |
[15:45] | the only reason she’s hanging onis to see me get married. | 她坚持到现在的唯一原因是 希望能看到我结婚 |
[15:49] | Oh. Oh,so by marrying me… | 噢。噢,所以只要和我结婚… |
[15:52] | yeah,I’d get my inheritancethat much sooner. | 是的,我也将更快得到遗产 |
[15:55] | No,but mostly,I wanna make sure she’s happy. | 不,最主要的是,我想让她开心 |
[16:00] | well,you seemvery nice,susan. | 你看起来非常不错,Susan |
[16:04] | Uh,it will be a pleasurebeing married to you. | 啊,和你结婚会是一件非常令人 愉快的事 |
[16:07] | Uh,likewise. | 啊,彼此彼此 |
[16:09] | here,you can finishthe rest of the fries. | 就这样,你可以把剩下的吃完 |
[16:19] | Here’s your mail | 这是你的信 |
[16:20] | and your pills. | 还有药 |
[16:21] | Ugh. | 啊 |
[16:23] | More pills? | 更多的药? |
[16:33] | Miss tillman? | Tilman小姐 |
[16:34] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[16:36] | Where did this come from? | 这是从哪儿寄来的? |
[16:38] | I don’t know.It was in with your other mail. | 我不知道 它只是和别的信混在一起 |
[16:45] | Get me the phone. | 把电话给我 |
[16:57] | Sullivan,it’s me. | 沙拉文,是我 |
[16:59] | I just got some news,and I need to get you involved. | 我刚得到一些消息 并且有必要把你扯进来 |
[17:02] | Looks like delfino’sbeen holding out on me. | 看样子Delfino对我隐瞒了一些事 |
[17:10] | The next morning,bree came up with a plan | 第二天早晨,Bree想好了一个 |
[17:12] | to get to the truth she so desperately needed. | 查知她迫切想知道德真相的计划 |
[17:16] | As she watched the applewhites leave their house, | 当她看着Applewhites离开了她的家 |
[17:19] | she thought of how much she had trusted the previous owners | 她想起她曾多么相信这个前任业主 |
[17:23] | and how much they… | 还有他们一度那么的… |
[17:25] | had trusted her. | 相信她 |
[17:48] | caleb? Is that you? | Caleb?是你么? |
[17:56] | hi. | 你好 |
[17:58] | I’m bree.I live down the street. | 我是Bree,我住在这条街上 |
[18:01] | I’m a friendof your mother’S. | 我是你妈妈的朋友 |
[18:04] | She’s not home. | 她不在家 |
[18:06] | I know. Um… | 我知道 嗯… |
[18:08] | I came to see you. | 我是来见你的 |
[18:11] | – Me? – Yes. | – 我? – 是的 |
[18:12] | Your mother told meall about you and I thought it– | 你妈妈告诉了我你的一切 我觉得– |
[18:15] | it might be nice if,um, | 如果我们能见一面,嗯 |
[18:17] | we had a little visit. | 会更好 |
[18:20] | I brought yousome homemade cobbler. | 我给你带了一些自己做的 脆皮点心 |
[18:29] | oh,la,la,la,la,la | 噢,拉,拉,拉,拉,拉 |
[18:31] | right here.Follow the doughnut,people. | 就在这儿,跟着这个油炸圈饼 |
[18:34] | Here we go. We got some people.Come on,come on. | 我们现在就去。我们有些人了 来吧,来吧 |
[18:37] | Hey,hey What’s going on? | 嘿嘿,发生什么事了? |
[18:38] | Well,um,ed bet tom thathe wouldn’t eat a doughnut out of the toilet. | 嗯,Ed跟Tom打赌他绝对吃不下 一个从厕所取出的甜甜圈 |
[18:44] | Isn’t it disgusting? | 这不是很恶心么? |
[18:47] | unh-unh! | 啊-啊! |
[18:49] | It’s gottabe fully dunked. | 它必须被完全浸泡 |
[18:50] | Now,I don’t want the glazeto repel the water. | 听着,我可不想表面上沾着水 |
[18:53] | Whoa,slight delay,people.I’m requesting a scrub down. | 稍等一下,伙计们 我要求擦一下 |
[18:56] | Does anybody know wherethey keep the toilet brush? | 谁知到他们把刷子放在哪里了么? |
[18:59] | Just for one second,okay?Just for one second. | 1秒钟,好么?就等1秒钟 |
[19:00] | Hey,I never thoughtI’d have to ask you this, | 嘿,我从没想过我会问你这个问题 |
[19:02] | but are you about to eat a doughnut out of the toilet? | 但是你真的打算吃一个从厕所 捞出来的甜甜圈? |
[19:04] | Yeah! | 正是! |
[19:05] | For the galveston jewelersaccount. | 为了Galveston的宝石帐目 |
[19:07] | I don’t care! | 我不在乎这个! |
[19:08] | You’re not gonna do this! | 你不能这么做! |
[19:09] | Look,lynette, you’re the one who told meto find a way to click with ed. | 听着,lynette 是你让我找个方法和ed交涉 |
[19:11] | Well,now we’ve got our thing, | 现在我们得到了我们要的 |
[19:14] | and it’s paying off for me! | 它将给我钱 |
[19:16] | That’s because ed gets offon humiliating you. | 那是因为Ed在羞辱你 |
[19:18] | Please,don’t do this! | 求求你,别这么做! |
[19:21] | We’re waiting,scavo! | 我们在等你,Scavo! |
[19:27] | This is my moment. | 这是我的决定 |
[19:34] | so,caleb,besides your mother and brother, | 那么,Caleb,除了你妈妈和哥哥 |
[19:37] | does anybody elseknow that you’re here? | 还有别人知道你在这儿么? |
[19:41] | No. | 没有 |
[19:44] | You’re pretty. | 你很漂亮 |
[19:47] | thank you.That’s very sweet. | 谢谢,很高兴听你这么说 |
[19:50] | So where have you been livingthis whole time? Upstairs? | 那么这些时间你都住哪儿?楼上? |
[19:54] | No. | 不是 |
[19:56] | I just moved upstairs. | 我刚搬到楼上 |
[19:58] | My room’s downstairs. | 我的房间在楼下 |
[20:00] | Downstairs? | 楼下? |
[20:01] | In the basement. | 在地下室 |
[20:05] | You wanna see it? | 你想看一下吗? |
[20:31] | Caleb,have you been down hereall these months? | Caleb,你这几个月一直待在这儿? |
[20:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:38] | Did your mothermake you wear those? | 你妈妈给你戴着这些? |
[20:41] | Most of the time. | 大部分时间是这样 |
[20:42] | Oh,my god! | 天啊 |
[20:46] | Sweetheart,I don’t understand. | 亲爱的,我不明白 |
[20:50] | Why in the world wouldyour mother treat you that way? | 究竟为什么你妈妈这样待你? |
[20:54] | I hurt a girl. | 我伤害了一个女孩 |
[20:57] | A girl? | 一个女孩? |
[21:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:06] | And then she died. | 然后她死了 |
[21:09] | Oh. | 哦 |
[21:13] | Her name was melanie. | 她叫梅兰尼 |
[21:19] | She was pretty. | 她很美 |
[21:22] | Just like you. | 就像你 |
[21:30] | Hi. | 嗨! |
[21:35] | I thought you should know,I’m getting married. | 我觉得你应该知道,我要结婚了 |
[21:40] | To the doctor? | 和医生 |
[21:41] | No! No. Ha! | 不!不是,哈! |
[21:43] | No,to–to a gay guy. | 不是,和…和个同性恋 |
[21:46] | How did you knowabout the doctor? | 你怎么知道那个医生的? |
[21:48] | People talk. So you– | 别人说的,那么… |
[21:51] | you’re marrying a gay guy? | 你和一个同性恋结婚? |
[21:52] | I need health insurance, | 我需要医疗保险 |
[21:54] | um,’cause I’ve gotthis wandering spleen and… | 嗯,因为我的脾脏会游动 |
[21:56] | that sounds funny, “spleen wandering,” but… | 好玩儿吧,“脾会游动” 但是… |
[21:59] | actually,it’s not funny ’causeit can bang into things… | 事实上,这并不好玩 因为它会撞到其它器官… |
[22:02] | so I need health insurance,so I’m getting married tomorrow. | 所以我需要医疗保险 所以我明天要结婚 |
[22:06] | And you probably thinkI’m crazy,right? | 肯定认为我疯了,对吧? |
[22:09] | Well… can it wait? | 那…可以等吗? |
[22:10] | Um,the surgery? | 我说那手术? |
[22:12] | No. | 不 |
[22:14] | It can’t wait. | 不能等 |
[22:17] | I guess it’s really not that crazy. | 我觉得没那么疯狂 |
[22:21] | how you doin’,ma’am? | 你好,女士 |
[22:23] | Susan,can you justgive me a minute? | 苏珊,可以等我一下吗? |
[22:25] | Oh,yeah.No,I’m sorry. | 呃,好的,对不起 |
[22:26] | I–that was really… it. | 我…实在是… |
[22:31] | What do you want? | 你想要什么? |
[22:33] | It’s not what i want,delfino. | 不是我要什么,Delfino |
[22:34] | It’s whatnoah taylor wants. | 而是Taylor想要 |
[22:36] | Where’s his grandkid? | 他的孙娃在哪儿? |
[22:39] | You know,let’s skip the part where you don’t knowanything about anything. | 你看 就不要再说你什么都不知道 |
[22:43] | Mr. Taylor wants to chat. | Taylor先生想聊一聊 |
[22:46] | What if I say no? | 如果我说不呢? |
[22:47] | Then I’ve gottafind the kid myself, | 那我得自己去找那孩子 |
[22:50] | and my guess is,he or she issomewhere around here close. | 那我猜他或者她就在这附近吧 |
[22:54] | Your old girlfriend– | 你的前女友… |
[22:57] | she’s got a daughter,right? | 她有一个女儿,对吧? |
[22:59] | Maybe I should startby paying her a visit… | 也许我应该去拜访一下她 |
[23:03] | her daughter’s not the one. | 不是她女儿 |
[23:05] | Yeah,well,given your track record, | 啊,这个,考虑到你的前科 |
[23:06] | I might wanna check that outfor myself. | 我可能得自己去查 |
[23:11] | Tell him I’ll be therein the morning. | 告诉他我早上会去见他 |
[23:20] | Oh! | 哦 |
[23:23] | So pretty. | 真漂亮 |
[23:26] | You like nice things? | 你喜欢好看的东西? |
[23:29] | that’s why I think you’re stupid, | 那就是我觉得你很傻的原因 |
[23:31] | for not wanting to stay here. | 因为你居然不想留下来 |
[23:33] | You could be around my nice things all the time, | 我的漂亮东西会一直陪伴 在你左右 |
[23:36] | taking care of them… | 照看它们… |
[23:39] | how fun would that be? | 那多有趣啊! |
[23:42] | Well,I’m sure it’s a lotmore fun than you’d have in that | 肯定比你待在你那个 |
[23:45] | tiny,godforsaken village of yours. | 偏远的小村子好多了 |
[23:52] | You know,we’re probably more alike than people would guess. | 你看,别人也许想象不到 我们有一些相似之处 |
[23:56] | I’m from a small town,too. | 我也来自一个小镇 |
[23:58] | My folks had nothing. | 我父母一无所有 |
[24:00] | That’s why I love america. | 那就是我喜欢美国的原因 |
[24:02] | Anything is possible. | 一切皆有可能 |
[24:10] | Oh… | 哦 |
[24:12] | hmm,you like that? | 恩,你喜欢那个? |
[24:15] | No. | 不 |
[24:16] | An old,fat stockbrokergave this to me. | 一个又老又胖的股票交易员给我的 |
[24:19] | It’s not worth anything.You can have it. | 不值什么钱,你拿去吧 |
[24:26] | Oh… | 哦… |
[24:31] | oh! | 哦! |
[24:33] | It’s okay.Glad you like it. | 没什么,你喜欢就好 |
[24:37] | You can brush my hair. | 你可以帮我梳头了 |
[24:39] | Oh! | 哦! |
[24:55] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[24:58] | Uh,this is the bestI could do on such short notice. | 在这么短的时间内 我已经尽力做到最好了 |
[25:03] | – Okay. – Okay. | – 很好,很好 |
[25:10] | Oh,uh,susan,this is,uh,my best man,steven. | 哦,呃,苏珊,这是 呃,我的伴郎史蒂夫 |
[25:13] | He’s also my life partner. | 也是我的另一半 |
[25:14] | Oh,hi.It’s nice to meet you. | 哦,你好,很高兴见到你 |
[25:19] | Baby,be–be nice.Come on. | 亲爱的,友好点儿好吗? |
[25:22] | I’m sorry you have cancer. | 真遗憾,你得了癌症 |
[25:26] | Cancer? | 癌症? |
[25:27] | Isn’t that the pointof this whole charade? | 这不正是这场游戏的意义所在吗? |
[25:30] | Gary saidyou needed insurance. | 加里说你需要医保 |
[25:32] | Oh,yes. No,no,I do need insurance. | 哦,是的,不不,我确实需要医保 |
[25:35] | I just don’t have cancer.I have A… | 只是我得的不是癌症,而是… |
[25:37] | wandering spleen. | 游动脾 |
[25:41] | I saidit was like cancer. | 我说的是和癌症差不多的病 |
[25:44] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗? |
[25:45] | No.No,everything’s fine. | 不不,没什么 |
[25:47] | Uh,let’s just go to the chapel. | 呃,我们进教堂吧 |
[25:49] | Shall we? | 可以吗? |
[25:52] | I made a wedding cake. | 我做了个结婚蛋糕 |
[25:54] | I hope you enjoy it. | 希望你喜欢 |
[25:56] | Oh! Uh… | 哦!哦… |
[26:02] | so… are we ready to get started? | 那么,我们可以开始了? |
[26:05] | Oh,do you havea thing to play music? | 哦,你们有什么可以放音乐的东西吗? |
[26:06] | I had steven burn a little wedding mix for us,. | 我叫史蒂夫给我们作了个 小小的混音婚礼进行曲… |
[26:09] | for ambience | 来调动气氛 |
[26:10] | Sure,just,um,give me a sec | 好的,恩,请等一下 |
[26:18] | do you have a problem? | 你有什么问题吗 |
[26:20] | You said she was sick. | 你说她病了 |
[26:22] | She is. | 她的确病了 |
[26:23] | She has a wandering spleen. | 她得了游动脾 |
[26:25] | It sounds nothing like cancer. It doesn’t even sound real. | 听上去它可不像癌症 甚至不像一种真的病 |
[26:28] | Well,it is. I-I could die. | 啊,它是一种病 我,我可能会死的 |
[26:29] | You look fine to me,honey. | 亲爱的,我觉得你看上去一点事也没有 |
[26:31] | Don’t do this. | 别这样 |
[26:33] | I have asked you six times to fly with me to holland to get married, | 我曾经六次叫你和我 一起飞到荷兰去结婚 |
[26:37] | and you always havesome la me excuse. | 但是你总有莫名其妙的借口 |
[26:39] | But the second some chick witha silly disease comes along, | 当这个得了一种可笑的病 的二手货出现时 |
[26:42] | well,you drop everythingand head for a chapel. | 你就什么也不顾地跑到教堂来了 |
[26:45] | Oh,no,it’s a serious illness. | 哦,不,这是一种非常严重的病 |
[26:46] | See,it just sounds silly’cause of the word “spleen.” | 病名只是听起来很可笑 因为有个“脾”字 |
[26:50] | What do you want from me? | 你要我怎么做 |
[26:51] | I want you to worryabout my feelings half as much as you worry about your mother’s! | 我只是想你像关心 你妈妈一半那样关心我 |
[26:55] | What is it gonna taketo make you happy? | 你要怎样才高兴呢? |
[26:57] | Not go through with the wedding? | 不举行这个婚礼了? |
[26:58] | Is that what you’re asking? | 这就是你想要的吗? |
[26:59] | Oh,oh! No,no,stop right there. | 哦哦!不不,打住 |
[27:01] | Okay,I would love to see you two crazy kids get hitched in holland more than anyone, | 听着,我巴不得你们这对爱人在荷兰成家 |
[27:05] | with the tulips and the clogs,in front of a windmill,the whole shebang. | 有郁金香!有木底鞋! 有风车!还有小酒店! |
[27:09] | But unless I get this surgery, | 但如果我不做手术 |
[27:11] | my spleen is going to slam straight into my heartand explode. | 我的脾就会撞进我的心脏然后爆炸 |
[27:15] | So,you know,seeingas I am just a nice person | 所以,你看,看在我是个好人的份儿上 |
[27:18] | and I always support gay rights,let’s just do this. | 而且我一向支持同性恋的权利 举行婚礼吧 |
[27:21] | And then I’ll havea husband and insurance. | 这样我就能有个丈夫,得到医保 |
[27:23] | Nobody gets hurt. | 没有人会受到伤害 |
[27:31] | Steven,why…steven! | 史蒂夫,为什么?史蒂夫! |
[27:35] | – it’s just… – yeah. | – 真是… – 是啊 |
[27:39] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[27:40] | My hands are tied. | 我无能为力 |
[27:41] | I’m really sorry. | 实在抱歉 |
[27:47] | Steven,wait. Steven… where are you going? | 史蒂夫,等等,史蒂夫…你去哪儿? |
[27:53] | what’s love got to do,got to do with it? | |
[27:56] | Ah,finally gotthe sound system working. | 啊,音响终于好了 |
[28:01] | Where’s the groom? | 新郎在哪儿? |
[28:14] | Hey,susie Q. | 嗨, Suzzi小可爱 |
[28:18] | What’s wrong? For a newlywed,you don’t havemuch spring in your step. | 怎么了? 一个新嫁娘不该这么垂头丧气啊 |
[28:22] | I didn’t get married. | 我没结成婚 |
[28:24] | Really? | 真的? |
[28:26] | We got to the altar, but the whole fake wedding thingsort of imploded. | 我们到了祭坛 但是整个假婚礼搞砸了 |
[28:32] | Wow. I’m sorry. | 哇啊,我很遗憾 |
[28:36] | I still don’t haveinsurance. | 我还是没有医保 |
[28:38] | I need to getthat operation. I’M… | 我需要做那个手术,我… |
[28:43] | I’m really screwed. | 这下完了 |
[28:48] | well… | 呃… |
[28:53] | why don’t I justmarry you? | 干嘛不嫁给我呢? |
[28:55] | What? | 什么? |
[28:56] | I’ve gota fantastic health plan. | 我有很好的医疗保险 |
[28:58] | You’d be coveredinstantly. | 婚后你能立刻能拿到 |
[29:00] | But… we wereactually married. | 但是…我们结过婚啊 |
[29:04] | Look,susie,I’ve always felt awful about walking out on youthe way I did. | 看吧,Susan 我一直对离开你这件事感到不安 |
[29:09] | And I figure,if we do this, | 所以我想,如果我们结婚 |
[29:12] | I’d basicallybe saving your life. | 至少我可以救你一命 |
[29:17] | I figure I owe you one. | 我想这是我欠你的 |
[29:21] | Karl… | |
[29:25] | so what do you say? | 怎样? |
[29:26] | Will you marry me,susan mayer? | 你愿意嫁给我吗,Susan Mayer? |
[29:30] | again? | 再一次的? |
[29:34] | What the hell? | 干嘛不呢? |
[29:36] | cool! | 好! |
[29:46] | what are we gonnado about edie? | Eddie怎么办呢? |
[29:46] | – We can’t tell her. – She’d kill us both. | – 我们不能告诉她 – 她会杀了我俩 |
[29:48] | Yeah,it’ll beour little secret. | 是啊,这是我们的小秘密 |
[29:54] | We’ve really enjoyedhaving you as a guest. Right,gaby? | 真的很高兴你在此做客,是吧,Gabi? |
[29:57] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[29:59] | Xiao-mei,you are a very special girl, so… | 小梅,你是一个非常特殊的女孩 那… |
[30:02] | so you take care,okay? | 那你要保重,好吗? |
[30:07] | Oh! | 噢! |
[30:12] | hanks forall your help,carlos. | 多谢你拔刀相助,Carlos |
[30:14] | my pleasure,father. | 我的荣幸,神父 |
[30:20] | – Bye-bye. – Ladies? | – 拜拜 – 女士们? |
[30:25] | please don’t tell me you’re crying | 别告诉我你在哭 |
[30:27] | just because you can’thave the maid you want. | 是因为你太想要这个女佣 |
[30:29] | Carlos,she wouldn’thave been just a maid. | Carlos,她不只是个普通女佣 |
[30:31] | She would have been the best damn maid ever. | 她可是万里挑一 |
[30:34] | God,you’re pathetic. | 天,你真可怜 |
[30:36] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[30:38] | hey, | 嘿 |
[30:40] | something’s going on. | 来看看 |
[30:51] | is there a problem? | 发生了什么? |
[30:53] | Well,xiao-mei doesn’t wantto go back to china. | 小梅不想回中国去 |
[30:55] | She wants to stay hereand work for you. | 他想留在这里给你们干活 |
[30:57] | What? Why? | 什么? 为什么? |
[31:06] | she says mrs. Solistreated her with more kindness than she’s ever known. | 她说Solis太太对她非常好 |
[31:10] | She now thinks of you twoas family. | 她已经把你们当成家人 |
[31:13] | Oh,really? | 噢,真的? |
[31:16] | Oh,of courseyou can stay! | 当然,你可以留下! |
[31:20] | Oh! | |
[31:24] | gaby… | |
[31:25] | carlos,she thinks of us as family. | Carlos,她把我们当成家人 |
[31:34] | I’m ready to hearthose farm fresh concepts. | 我准备好听你们的新提议 |
[31:36] | Conference room in five… | 会议室五点 |
[31:38] | toilet boy! | 厕所男孩! |
[31:42] | you are so not allowedto complain to me. | 不准你向我吐苦水 |
[31:44] | I know. You were right,okay? | 我知道,你是对的,好吧? |
[31:45] | So now I’m known throughout the advertising worldas “toilet boy.” | 现在我是广告圈众所周知的 厕所男孩 |
[31:48] | Tell him you’re donewith the games. | 告诉他你已经受够这些游戏 |
[31:50] | You don’t wanna playanymore. | 你不想再玩下去 |
[31:51] | No,no,no,I can’T.I can’T. | 不不不 ,我办不到 |
[31:53] | If I back down now,he’ll see itas a sign of weakness. Look, | 如果我现在放弃 他就会看出我一丝懦弱.听着 |
[31:55] | this is the way that guys do business.But– | 这就是男人做生意的道,但- |
[31:57] | so you called it. | 如果你要硬来 |
[31:59] | He made mehis bitch. | 他会让我颜面扫地 |
[32:02] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[32:08] | Here you go.Oh. | 给你 |
[32:10] | You know,ed,I’ve been thinking. | 你知道,我一直在想 |
[32:11] | We’ve had a lot of fun and gamesaround here lately, | 最近这里气氛异常轻松活泼 |
[32:13] | but maybe it’s time to set a slightly moreprofessional tone in the office. | 也许现在应该让办公室里 添几分严肃 |
[32:18] | Oh,I get it. | 噢,我明白了 |
[32:20] | Somebody went runningto mommy,didn’t he? Huh? | 有人叫妈咪了,是吗? |
[32:22] | What? | 什么? |
[32:23] | Tom loses a few bets, | Tom输掉几个赌 |
[32:25] | so he tries to get his wifeto make me back off? | 所以他让老婆来收摊儿? |
[32:27] | Oh,this is so alpha tau. | 这可不是兄弟会的规矩 |
[32:30] | I am gonna make him pay. | 我会让他亲自偿还 |
[32:33] | No. No,you’re notgonna make him pay. | 不不,你不能这么做 |
[32:35] | You are gonnastop this now. | 你现在就要收手 |
[32:39] | This is my company. | 这是我的公司 |
[32:40] | If people wanna work here,they play by my rules. | 如果人们想在这里干活 就按我的游戏规则行事 |
[32:48] | – Ed! – What? | – 什么? |
[32:52] | I’m calling you out. | 我要和你一赌 |
[32:53] | Huh?Yes,you’re right. | – 恩? – 你说得对 |
[32:55] | This is your company,so I’ll play by your rules. | 这是你的公司 那我要按你的游戏规则行事 |
[32:57] | What do I have to do to get youto stop this frat boy crap? | 我要怎么办才能让你罢手 |
[33:01] | Shave my eyebrows?Come to work naked? | 刮掉眼睫毛? 不穿衣服上班? |
[33:03] | Name your stakes. | 悉听尊便 |
[33:04] | I don’t have time for this. | 没时间开玩笑 |
[33:05] | Aw,what’s wrong,ed? | 怎么了,Ed? |
[33:08] | You afraid a phi kapp’sgonna get beaten by a girl? | 你害怕一个玩兄弟会的 会被一个小妞打败? |
[33:11] | Come on,big man… | 来啊,大男人 |
[33:14] | it’s just a little bet. | 只是一个小赌 |
[33:20] | As you know,I thinkthat making the workplace fun is good for morale. | 我认为在办公场所增添一些乐趣 有利于员工士气 |
[33:25] | But lynette here thinksthat our shenanigans have gottena little out of hand. | 但Lynette认为我们的恶作剧 显然玩过头了 |
[33:30] | oh,hold on. Hold on. | 别忙别忙 |
[33:32] | I respect lynette’s work ethic. | 我尊重Lynette的工作原则 |
[33:35] | So we’ve decidedto settle the matter with a little testof intestinal fortitude. | 所以我们决定摆平这件事 通过勇气考验 |
[33:42] | If she can eat | 如果她能吃下 |
[33:45] | 1 pound of our client’s fine,farm-fresh pork product, | 1磅来自我们客户优质新鲜的 猪肉产品 |
[33:49] | raw… | 生吃… |
[33:53] | there’ll be a moratoriumon wagering in the office. | 那么办公室里的恶作剧 将告一段落 |
[33:56] | oh,oh! | 噢! |
[33:58] | I knowyou are doing this for me. | 我知道你这是为了我 |
[33:59] | You don’t need to do this. | 没有这个必要 |
[34:00] | I don’t need you fighting my fights. | 我不需要你为我扛 |
[34:02] | I am not fighting your fights. | 我不是为你 |
[34:04] | This is my fight | 是为我自己 |
[34:05] | this is how guysdo business,right? | 这就是你们做生意的行道 对吗? |
[34:24] | While we’re young. | 趁我们还年轻 |
[34:37] | no shame in defeat,lynette. | 输了也不会羞耻,Lynette |
[34:40] | No shame at all. | 完全不会 |
[34:56] | oh,she’s gonna do it. | 噢,她要开动了 |
[34:58] | ohh! | 噢! |
[35:05] | oh,yes! | 噢,好样的! |
[35:11] | oh! | 噢! |
[35:24] | oh,this is too much. | 噢,那太多了 |
[35:29] | oh! | 噢 |
[35:33] | what? | 怎么了? |
[35:35] | She took the bet. | 是她要打这个赌 |
[35:37] | What? This is fun,people. | 怎么了?这很有趣,伙计们 |
[35:41] | she’s got one more. | 她只剩最后一片了 |
[36:04] | so… | 所以… |
[36:06] | can this be a placeof business again,ed? | 这里能回到干正经事的地方么,ed? |
[36:10] | – No more games? – Sure. | – 不再游戏了? – 当然 |
[36:14] | You sucked all the funout of it anyway. | 总之你抹杀了所有的乐子 |
[36:26] | that was really something. | 你真伟大 |
[36:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:32] | Could you scrounge me upa bucket? | 你能帮我找个桶来么? |
[36:43] | Caleb saida nice,red-haired lady came to visit him. | Caleb说有个漂亮,红头发的女士 探望过他 |
[36:47] | Come on in,betty. | 进来吧,Betty |
[36:53] | Get you a drink? | 喝点什么? |
[36:54] | This is nota social call,bree! | 这可不是光明正大,Bree! |
[36:56] | Did you or did you not breakinto my home and talk to my son? | 你偷偷潜入我家跟我的儿子谈话? |
[37:00] | Caleb and I had,uh,a very lovely chat. Yes. | Caleb跟我进行了,啊, 非常愉快的交谈,是的 |
[37:03] | if you evercome near him again, | 如果你再接近他 |
[37:05] | there will be hellto pay. Do you understand? | 代价可能是致命的 明白了么? |
[37:11] | Aren’t you gonna ask mewhat we talked about? | 你不问问我们谈了什么么? |
[37:15] | The name,um… | 那个人,嗯… |
[37:17] | melanie foster came up. | 提到了Melanie Foster |
[37:21] | I’m gonna pour youa drink now,betty, | 我倒点喝的给你吧,betty |
[37:24] | because we’re about to havea very honest discussion, | 因为我们将要进行一番 非常诚恳的讨论 |
[37:27] | and I think you’re gonnaneed a little help getting through it. | 并且我认为你需要一些帮助去 想想这件事 |
[37:35] | his name’s zach young. | 他的名字叫Zach Young |
[37:37] | He lives with his father. | 和他爸爸一起住 |
[37:38] | Mother committed suicideabout a year ago. | 母亲在一年前自杀 |
[37:40] | How did he end upwith these people? | 他是怎样与这些人了断的? |
[37:43] | How do you think? | 你怎么想? |
[37:44] | Dierdre was strung out,noah.She gave him up. | Dierdre 当时染上了毒品 她放弃了他 |
[37:47] | I wanna see this boy. | 我想见见这个男孩 |
[37:49] | Well,he’s gota new family now. I can’t just snap my fingersand get him in here. | 现在,他有了个新家 我不能强迫他到这儿来 |
[37:52] | Maybe not,but I can snap my fingers, | 你或许不能,但我做得到 |
[37:54] | and detective sullivan can make it happen. | Sullivan侦探会让它发生的 |
[37:56] | – You don’t wanna do that. – No? | – 你不会这么做的 – 不会? |
[37:58] | Is that reallythe way you wanna meet him– | 这真的想这么见他? |
[37:59] | have that thug drag him in hereso grandpa can give him a hug? | 让那个暴徒把他拖到这儿 而因此他的祖父可以拥抱他? |
[38:04] | Fine. You bring him.I’ll give you two days. | 好吧,你把他带来 我给你2天的时间 |
[38:08] | As you know,I’m on a bitof a clock here. | 你知道的,我在这儿的时间不多 |
[38:17] | When caleb was born, | Caleb出生的时候 |
[38:19] | and the doctors discovered that he was different, | 医生发现他有些不同 |
[38:23] | I didn’t even cry. | 我甚至没有哭 |
[38:28] | It was the most painful moment of my life. | 那是我这一生中最痛苦的一刻 |
[38:33] | I didn’t shed a single tear. | 但我没有流一滴眼泪 |
[38:36] | I just thought to myself,what’s the point? | 我只是问自己,什么是最重要的? |
[38:39] | He is my son, | 他是我儿子 |
[38:41] | and I haveto raise him | 我得抚养他 |
[38:44] | as best I can. | 尽我所能 |
[38:46] | Now that’s my job. | 那是我的责任 |
[38:49] | In a lot of ways,I feel so blessed. | 在很多方面,我觉得很幸福 |
[38:53] | Caleb is challenged, | Caleb遭遇不幸 |
[38:54] | but he has such a sweet nature. | 但他本性非常善良 |
[38:58] | I’m sure you noticed thatwhen you came to visit. | 我敢肯定当你去看他的时候 就注意到了 |
[39:02] | Yes,I did. | 是的 |
[39:05] | I also noticed that you had himchained in the basement. | 我还知道你把他锁在地下室 |
[39:11] | That’s becauseof melanie foster. | 那是因为melanie foster. |
[39:16] | Melanie was a girlthat matthew dated. | Melanie是和Matthew约会过的女孩 |
[39:22] | She was a debutante. | 她涉世未深 |
[39:24] | And liketypical teenagers, | 就像典型的青少年一样 |
[39:26] | their relationshipwas full of drama. | 他们的关系充满了戏剧性 |
[39:29] | They were always breaking upand getting back together and breaking up. | 他们总是分了又合,合了又分 |
[39:34] | One night,after oneof their big blow-ups, | 一个晚上,他们其中一次的大争吵后 |
[39:37] | caleb somehow convinced melanie to meet him downat our local lumberyard. | Caleb不知怎么说服了Melanie 在我们当地的木场见面 |
[39:43] | I can only imagine thatshe thought he was bringing some kind of apology from matthew | 我只能猜想她认为他是 帮Matthew道歉来的 |
[39:47] | but he wasn’T. | 但他不是 |
[39:50] | Caleb told melanie | Caleb告诉Melanie |
[39:52] | he was in love with her, | 他爱上她了 |
[39:55] | and thatif he was her boyfriend, | 如果他是她的男朋友 |
[39:58] | he would neverbreak up with her… | 他永远不会和她分手 |
[40:02] | and she laughedin his face. | 她笑他 |
[40:05] | He tried to show herhe was serious by kissing her… | 他试着吻她来表示他是认真的… |
[40:10] | and she hit him. | 她打了他 |
[40:16] | He doesn’t remember a lotof what happened after that,but he– | 他不记得后面发生了什么,但是– |
[40:19] | he does know thathe got very,very angry,and… | 他肯定他非常,非常的生气,并且… |
[40:24] | and that there was an axlying on the ground nearby him. | 那儿有把斧头在他附近 |
[40:31] | Yes, | 是的 |
[40:33] | my caleb killed melanie, | 我的Caleb杀了Melanie |
[40:37] | but I couldn’tlet him go to jail… | 但是我不能让他去坐牢… |
[40:41] | or worse,be put down, | 或者更糟的,被处决 |
[40:44] | for what was really my crime. | 而事实上是我的罪行 |
[40:48] | Your crime? | 你的罪行? |
[40:52] | It was my responsibility. | 是我的责任 |
[40:56] | I was supposedto protect him from himself. | 我应该保护他 |
[40:59] | I am his mother. | 我是他母亲 |
[41:02] | That was my job. | 那是我的责任 |
[41:17] | The world is filled with unlikely friendships. | 这个世界充满了不可能发生 而发生的友情 |
[41:22] | How do they begin? | 要问他们是怎么开始的? |
[41:24] | With one person desperately in need, | 一个有着迫切需要 |
[41:28] | and another willing to lend a helping hand. | 而另一个愿意伸出援助之手 |
[41:32] | When such kindness is offered… | 当有了这样的仁慈… |
[41:35] | We’re finally able to see the worth of those we had previously written off. | 我们最终得以见到我们之前 所做的一切的价值 |
[41:38] | And before we know it… | 在我们知道以前… |
[41:42] | a bond has formed, | 一条连系彼此的纽带就已成形 |
[41:45] | regardless of whether others can understand it. | 不管别人是否能理解… |
[41:48] | Yes,unlikely friendships start up every day. | 确实如此,意外的情谊 天天都会发生 |
[41:57] | No one understands this | 没有人能理解他 |
[42:00] | more than the lonely. | 比孤独更多 |
[42:04] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[42:07] | it’s what they count on. | 这是他们所依赖的 |