时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Desperate Housewives: | 前情回顾 |
[00:02] | You’re glowing today, you know that? | 你今天看上去真靓! |
[00:04] | Gabrielle got pregnant. | Gabrielle怀孕了 |
[00:05] | You walked out on me. | 你却走出了我的生活 |
[00:06] | Yeah. But look how far I got.I’m just up the street. | 但是我才走了多远,只是街区的另一头而已 |
[00:10] | Trouble moved in. | 困惑开始了… |
[00:12] | Being with George made you feel a bit guilty. | 同george在一起让你感到内疚 |
[00:14] | Well, I just have to get over it, won’t I? | 但是我必须得忘却这一切 不是吗? |
[00:16] | And Bree moved on. | Bree开始了新生活… |
[00:18] | “I know who really killed Melanie Foster. “ | 我知道是谁杀死了melanie foster |
[00:20] | You arrested the wrong man? | 你们抓错人了 |
[00:21] | But not everyone… | 但不是人人… |
[00:22] | Call 911 and | 打911报警 |
[00:23] | tell them you got the killer locked up in the basement! | 告诉他们地下室里关着个杀人犯 |
[00:25] | He is not a killer. | 他不是杀人犯 |
[00:26] | …got what they deserved. | …都得到应得的 |
[00:33] | It is often said that Necessity is the mother of Invention. | 常言道 需要是创造之母 |
[00:38] | This is how mothers came to invent play dates, | 所以母亲们才想出了玩伴这个主意 |
[00:42] | so occasionally they could have a little time for themselves. | 这样他们就能有点属于自己的时间 |
[00:45] | If you need me, I’ll be at the salon. | 有事去发廊找我 |
[00:47] | But there are some mothers who don’t get to take advantage of this maternal innovation. | 不过有些母亲没法 享受这一创造带来了快乐 |
[00:52] | Mothers like Lynette Scavo, | 比如lynette scavo |
[00:55] | who was no longer able to rest on weekends | 她即使到了周末也没法休息 |
[00:58] | because her twins no longer received play date invitations | 因为她的双胞胎儿子没有自己的玩伴 |
[01:03] | ever since they had convinced Sasha Eden’s boy | 因为他们俩曾经对sasha eden的儿子说 |
[01:06] | that a pair of magic wings would allow him to fly; | 一对有魔法的翅膀能让他飞起来 |
[01:11] | and they had double-dared Sharon Chasen’s boy to ride his bike blindfolded; | 因为他们曾让sharon chazin的 儿子蒙着眼睛骑自行车 |
[01:18] | and they had encouraged Lisa Seedman’s boy to try an exciting new game called “Toss The Brick”. | 因为他们怂恿lisa siegmann的儿子 玩一个叫做“扔砖头”的新游戏 |
[01:26] | The Scavo twins had become personae non gratae, | Scavo家的双胞胎成了不受欢迎的人 |
[01:30] | and Lynette’s secret dream of being able to take an occasional nap on Saturdays was growing dimmer and dimmer. | 而lynette周六能偶尔打个盹的 梦想则变得越来越渺茫 |
[01:42] | Until one day — | 直到有一天… |
[01:44] | hey,hey,hey,hey!Porter,preston,knock it off! | 嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿 Porter preston 别打了! |
[01:46] | All right? Did you hear me?I said stop it. Stand up. | 没听见我说话吗?别打了!站起来! |
[01:48] | Stand up. Come here. | 站起来 到这来 |
[01:52] | I’m so sorry.Did my son beat you up? | 对不起 我儿子打你了吗? |
[01:54] | No. We were beating them up. | 没有 我们在打他 |
[01:56] | Is that true?Did they beat you up? | 真的?他们在打你? |
[01:58] | Ah,it didn’t hurt that much. | 恩 一点不疼 |
[02:00] | Jimmy,P.J.,What are you doing? | Jimmy, P.J. 你们在干吗? |
[02:03] | What have I told you about ganging up on people? | 说过多少次了不可以打架! |
[02:06] | I am so sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:08] | No,it’s okay.You know,believe me, | 没关系 |
[02:09] | my boys can take careof themselves. | 我儿子自己能管好自己 |
[02:12] | If they got hurt at all,I’ll pay for the doctor bills. | 如果他们哪受伤了 我来付医药费 |
[02:14] | No,not to worry. | 不用了 别担心 |
[02:15] | I got the feeling they were sort of enjoying themselves. | 我倒觉得他们很玩的来 |
[02:21] | Really? | 真的? |
[02:26] | What would you say to bringing your boys over to my house and letting them hang out with mine sometime? | 要不以后你们把孩子带到我家来 有空一起和我儿子玩玩? |
[02:31] | And that’s how lynette finally got what she needed– | Lynette现在终于得到她一直梦寐以求的 |
[02:35] | time for herself… | 属于自己的时间 |
[02:37] | and play dates for her kids… | 还为自己孩子找到了玩伴… |
[02:42] | I’m sorry,but my boys decided to have a rock fight with your boys. | 不好意思 我儿子和你们孩子打石头仗了 |
[02:46] | It was fun! | 好好玩啊! |
[02:49] | Play dates she was determined to keep… | 几位她不愿意放弃的玩伴 |
[02:52] | well,they look fine to me. | 呃 我看没什么事 |
[02:54] | At all costs. | 不顾一切 |
[02:56] | Same time next week? | 下周同一时间? |
[02:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:06] | Cameras are simple tools designed to capture images– | 照相机是用来拍摄记录的 |
[03:10] | images that tell us more about ourselves than we realized | 那些照片能告诉我们很多 |
[03:15] | They remind us of the long journey we’ve taken | 它们能让我们想起曾经一起走过的路 |
[03:19] | the loved ones who traveled alongside us… | 想起陪伴在身边的至爱之人 |
[03:23] | those we lost along the way… | 想起同行中离我们而去的人 |
[03:26] | and those waiting for us on the road ahead | 还有那些在前方等待我们的人 |
[03:31] | Okay.How am I supposed to eat with a uterus staring me in the face? | 有张子宫图在眼前晃悠 我怎么吃的下? |
[03:35] | Oh,gaby,I didn’t know you got a sonogram | 哦 Gabby 我们都不知道你去做过B超了 |
[03:37] | Let me see. Oh. | 让我看看 |
[03:39] | Honey,you need to put that in a frame or something | 最好给照片镶个框 |
[03:42] | I don’t think so. | 我才不呢 |
[03:43] | Oh,come on. That’s a picture of your baby | 别这样 那可是你孩子的照片 |
[03:46] | You can’t tell me you’re not a little bit excited | 你不可能一点都不兴奋吧 |
[03:48] | Fine. I’m pregnant. Whee! | 好吧 我怀孕咯 哈哈哈 |
[03:51] | Now come on.We’re supposed to be cheering up susan. | 别说这个了 我们来是要安慰Susan的 |
[03:54] | This is a time of crisis, | 现在是危机时刻 |
[03:56] | and I think you need another scoop of mint chocolate chip | 给你再来一勺薄荷冰淇淋 |
[03:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:59] | Susan,why are you so eerily calm? | Susan 你怎么出奇地冷静? |
[04:03] | Mike delfino just dumped you. | Mike delfino刚刚甩了你 |
[04:05] | The susan mayer I know would be a…blubbering mess right now. | 我所认识的susan mayer 现在应该痛哭流涕才对呀 |
[04:09] | Oh,come on. Trot her on out. | 给我们讲讲嘛 |
[04:10] | She’s fun to watch. | 看她这样真有意思 |
[04:12] | Actually,I think I’m starting to feel pretty zen about the whole thing. | 其实我倒觉得这事应该看开一点 |
[04:15] | Well,I think mike will calm down in a couple of days and come to his senses. | Mike需要冷静一下 过几天他应该会明白的 |
[04:18] | No. I came between the man and his son | 不是 我阻碍一个男人和他的儿子见面 |
[04:21] | It was a huge betrayal. | 这简直是天大的背叛 |
[04:23] | I can’t even blame him for hating me | 他这么恨我 我不怪他 |
[04:25] | But zach was starting to obsess with julie again | 但是zach又那么迷恋julie |
[04:27] | Exactly. You’re a mother tring to protect her child | 是呀 身为人母 保护自己的孩子 |
[04:30] | It’s a natural impulse. | 是母性的本能 |
[04:32] | Over the past couple of days, | 这几天 |
[04:34] | I gave myself a long,hard look in the mirror | 我自己也好好照了照镜子 |
[04:37] | and I did not like what I saw. | 实在不喜欢现在这副嘴脸 |
[04:39] | I’m with you. Carry on. | 我支持你 继续! |
[04:41] | I just think if I start acting like an adult for once | 我只是想如果我表现的成熟稳重一点 |
[04:45] | maybe… who knows? | 也许…谁又知道呢? |
[04:47] | Somewhere down the line,mike and I at least can be friends | 以后mike和我至少能作个朋友吧 |
[04:51] | All right,you’re not zen. | 说了这么半天 你这哪是看开了 |
[04:52] | You’re numb. | 分明是受刺激变麻木了嘛 |
[04:53] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[04:57] | Do you got any pie? | 有派吃吗? |
[04:58] | Not unless we make some. | 没做 |
[05:01] | I can wait. | 我可以等 |
[05:08] | Whoa…so if you need us, | 如果你们有事找我们 |
[05:10] | we’ll be at home,just having a quiet evening. | 就去我们家 反正在家闲着没事 |
[05:16] | funny. We’re expecting quite the opposite | 有意思 我们这可热闹呢 |
[05:18] | Well,don’t forget,next week it’s our turn | 呃 别忘了 下周轮到我们带孩子 |
[05:20] | We’ll be taking porter and…preston. – Preston off your hands all weekend | 我们整个周末会好好 看管porter和Preston |
[05:23] | Rest assured,we have not forgotten | 放心 我们没忘 |
[05:26] | See ya. | 回见 |
[05:27] | Bye. | 再见 |
[05:28] | don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[05:32] | Whoa,guys. | 嘿 小家伙们 |
[05:33] | Whoa,why aren’t you upstairs with P.J and Jimmy? | 嘿 小家伙们 你们怎么 不和P.J.和jimmy在一起? |
[05:35] | They’re watching this dumb video they brought | 他们在看带过来什么录像带 |
[05:38] | It’s boring. | 好无聊啊 |
[05:39] | Well,you should be polite and watch it,too | 那你们应该懂礼貌和他们一起看呀 |
[05:40] | You know,they’re our guests | 他们可是我们家的客人 |
[05:44] | Guys. | 小家伙们 |
[05:49] | hey,guys,we have snacks. | 嘿 小家伙们 上点心咯 |
[05:51] | I’ll just reconnect the works. Good to go? | 调好灯光 我们就可以了 |
[05:55] | OK, ready? | 好了 可以开始了吗? |
[05:55] | OK. | 好的 |
[05:57] | Hang on now, just a moment. I’m just getting up. | 好了 等一下 |
[05:59] | Guys,what is this? | 你们在看什么? |
[06:01] | A movie. | 电影 |
[06:02] | Mommy and Daddy made it. | 爸妈自拍的 |
[06:05] | Peek, peekaboo… | 偷偷看 |
[06:05] | Wow, what’s under there? | 哇 下面是什么? |
[06:07] | Peekaboo… Peekaboo! | 偷偷看 偷偷看 |
[06:09] | Oh my God! | 哦 天啊 天啊 |
[06:11] | Where’s the off button? | 开关在哪里啊? |
[06:12] | It’s underneath the panel thing! | 下面, 面板那个位置 |
[06:14] | It’s stuck! | 卡住了 卡住了 |
[06:15] | Get the remote!Peekaboo! | 遥控器 快拿遥控器 |
[06:18] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[06:22] | I found it! | 我找到了 |
[06:29] | So can we have the cocoa now? | 我们能喝可口可乐吗? |
[06:37] | Well, what do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[06:40] | It is glorious. | 真好看 |
[06:42] | I have to have it. | 就要它了 |
[06:43] | How much do you deserve Dolce & Gabbana? | 不知道你是否该穿dolce & gabbana (意大利著名服装品牌) |
[06:45] | Verne… | |
[06:46] | You never call. You never write. | 你不打电话,也不写信 |
[06:47] | I know I haven’t been in the store lately. | 我知道最近没来光顾 |
[06:49] | But I’ve been a little busy, getting my husband out of jail. | 但我一直忙着把我丈夫弄出监狱 |
[06:51] | That’s such a white trash thing to say. | 真可怜啊 |
[06:53] | Luckily the judge dropped the hate crime charge. | 好在法官没有追究仇恨犯罪 |
[06:56] | Now all Carlos has to do is serve out the slave labor thing. | Carlos只要服完劳役即可 |
[07:00] | He’ll be out in six months. | 六个月后就刑满释放了 |
[07:01] | If he’s still in the hoosegow, why do you need a fancy party dress? | 他既然还在坐牢 你还需要这么花哨的衣服干吗? |
[07:04] | Because some of my model friends are coming down from New York on Friday. | 因为周六有几个纽约来的模特朋友来看我 |
[07:07] | So I have to look better than ever. | 我得看上去光彩照人才行 |
[07:09] | I can’t have them thinking that I moved to this suburb and I shop at strip malls. | 我可不能让他们看出来 我搬到了市郊后就在大卖场买衣服 |
[07:12] | When they see this dress, they will crumple to the floor like the botoxed hags they are. | 但是她们要是看到你这身衣服 肯定要惊叹得拜倒在地呀 |
[07:16] | Good.You know, it’s a little snug. | 很好 衣服好像有点紧 |
[07:21] | Yeah, I see that.I have the same thing in a 0 | 我也看出来了 不过这款衣服还有别的尺寸 |
[07:23] | why not go up a size? | 换大一号的试试吧 |
[07:25] | Because I wear 00, you twerp! | 我就要穿小号的 笨蛋! |
[07:27] | Why are you getting snappy? | 你干吗这么大火? |
[07:28] | Because you just called me fat! | 因为你刚刚说我胖了 |
[07:29] | Honey, you’re pregnant. Your body’s changing. | 哦 你怀孕了 身体自然发生了变化 |
[07:34] | But I’m only 3 months pregnant! Women don’t show at 3 months. | 可是我才三个月啊 三个月肚子没那么大啊 |
[07:37] | Is that what women do? | 有些人三个月肚子很大了 |
[07:39] | Do you want the larger size or not? | 还要不要大号的了? |
[07:43] | I’m just not going to eat for 2 days. | 那我干脆两天不吃饭 |
[07:46] | OK, you totally deserve to wear Dolce & Gabbana. | 好吧 你可以穿dolce & gabbana了 |
[07:52] | I want an explanation from you! | 我需要你解释 karl |
[07:54] | Do you hear me? | 听到没有? |
[07:55] | Edie, you just better get the hell off my back! | Edie 你最好别来烦我,否则我就 |
[07:58] | Oh, what are you going to do? I’d like to hear this! | 哦 你就干吗?我倒想听听 |
[08:00] | Big man! Big dreck! | 这么大块头就会动动嘴皮子威胁啊? |
[08:02] | Back off! Back the hell off! Hi… | 别烦我 别烦我 |
[08:11] | OK, so I got the boxes that you left on my porch. | 你留在门外的盒子我拿到了 |
[08:15] | Yeah, I figured you’d want your stuff back. | 我想你需要拿回自己的东西 |
[08:17] | Thanks, that’s great. | 谢谢 |
[08:19] | Cause if you’d decided to hang on to my Joni Mitchell CDs, | 如果你还扣着我的 joni mitchell的CD不放 (加拿大著名女歌手) |
[08:21] | I’d have had to come after you with a club. | 恐怕我得拿着棍棒追赶着你要了 |
[08:27] | OK, it’s not funny. | 没错 一点不好笑 |
[08:29] | Actually, I wanted to see | 其实我来是想问问你知不知道 |
[08:33] | if you were aware that you gave me back the Valentine’s Day card. | 你把那张我给你做的 情人节贺卡也退了回来 |
[08:36] | I was aware, yeah. –Oh. Well | 我知道 |
[08:41] | When two people split up, normally they don’t give things back like Valentine’s Day cards. | 其实两人分手一般不会 退回情人节贺卡之类的东西 |
[08:47] | If you don’t want it, you can throw it away. | 你不想要的话 完全可以扔了 |
[08:50] | Just please don’t give it back to me. It’s tacky. | 就是别退给我 样子实在不怎么样 |
[08:53] | I’m sorry.That’s OK, people make…mistakes. | 不好意思 是人都会犯…错误 |
[08:59] | Anything else? | 还有什么事吗? |
[09:02] | Look.Are you sure this is what you want to do? | 你真的决意和我分手? |
[09:05] | I understand that you don’t want our relationship to continue. You have made that clear. | 我知道你不想继续我们的关系 你说的很明白 |
[09:10] | But I sort of thought, down the long corridors of time, maybe you and I could be friends. | 但是我在想也许今后我们还可以做朋友 |
[09:15] | And if you keep acting like this — | 可如果你一直这样子 |
[09:17] | Susan, it’s over. On every level. | Susan 我们结束了 彻底结束了 明白吗? |
[09:20] | I moved on. You should do the same. | 我会开始新的生活 你也应该如此 |
[09:24] | Miserable son of a bitch! | 你可恶的混蛋! |
[09:27] | 如果我要是有什么秘密 我绝对比你能保守秘密 | |
[09:35] | well,I’ll say one thing for us. | 不过我们之间倒有件事值得一说 |
[09:37] | Even with all our problems, at least we’re not acting like that. | 尽管我们问题多多 可我们至少没象他们那样 |
[09:45] | OK, I’m starting to get the feeling that | 好吧 我怎么感觉 |
[09:47] | we’re not going to a yard sale. | 我们不是去旧货甩卖场? |
[09:50] | That was just a clever ruse to get you into my car. | 那只是让你上车的借口 |
[09:53] | Are you ready for your surprise? | 准备好看我给你的惊喜了吗? |
[09:54] | 恩 | |
[09:58] | Oh! | 哦 |
[10:00] | George, this is just an empty house. | George 这只不过是间空房子 |
[10:03] | Why is this a surprise? | 有什么好惊喜的? |
[10:05] | I just bought it. | 我刚买的 |
[10:07] | Oh my God! Congratulations! | 哦 天啊 恭喜你了 |
[10:10] | Oh George, I didn’t even know you were looking! | 哦 george 我都不知道你一直在看房子 |
[10:12] | Hurry, Ceal, they’re here! | 快点 ceal 他们来了 |
[10:14] | I’m coming! Hey, Georgie! | 我来了 嘿 George |
[10:17] | Bree, I’d like you to meet my mother. | Bree 这位是我母亲 |
[10:19] | George never introduces me to anyone. | George从没象我介绍过外人 |
[10:22] | So I knew you were special. | 所以我知道你一定与众不同 |
[10:25] | And this is Ceal, my mother’s friend | 这位是Ceal 我母亲的朋友 |
[10:27] | and the real estate agent who sold me the house. | 她就是卖这座房子的房地产经纪人 |
[10:29] | Hi! | 嘿 |
[10:30] | Hi! | 嘿 |
[10:31] | Well, we’re going to go in the back, | 我们还是去后面吧 |
[10:34] | so George can — you know. | 这样你们俩就能… |
[10:42] | So? | 你… |
[10:45] | You really like it? | 喜欢吗? |
[10:46] | I do. I really do. | 喜欢 真的喜欢 |
[10:49] | Good, ’cause I was sort of hoping | 太好了 因为我打算… |
[10:52] | that you might like to live here. | 让你住在这里 |
[10:57] | Bree… | |
[11:01] | will you marry me? | 愿意嫁给我吗? |
[11:05] | Huh? | 呃? |
[11:06] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[11:08] | And I think I know how you feel about me.So why wait? | 我也知道你的感受 干吗还要等呢? |
[11:11] | George, Rex hasn’t even been dead for two months! | George,Rex去世才两个月啊 |
[11:14] | Yes, but if his death has taught us anything, | 没错 但是他去世也深深地教育了我们 |
[11:17] | it’s that life is short. It’s dumb to play it safe. | 那就是生命是短暂的 谨慎行事有时很傻的 |
[11:21] | If we see a chance for happiness, | 如果我们看到了幸福的机遇 |
[11:23] | we should grab it and hold on tight. | 我们应该抓住不放 |
[11:26] | See,I thought we were going to a yard sale. | 我以为我们是去旧货甩卖场 |
[11:30] | Please. Just say the word, | 求你了 答应吧 |
[11:33] | and you’ll make me the happiest guy on earth. | 我就是世界上最幸福的男人了 |
[11:37] | congratulations,you two. | 恭喜两位! |
[11:39] | Mazel tov. | Mazel tov(希伯莱语:好运) |
[11:41] | Guys,wait.She hasn’t said yes yet. | 等等 她还没答应呢 |
[11:45] | Oh. | 哦 |
[11:45] | I told you we should wait. | 我说要再等等吧 |
[11:51] | Um… so,uh,bree… | 呃… 呃 bree… |
[11:53] | what do you say? | 你看如何? |
[11:55] | See,george,um,the thing is… | george 呃 其实… |
[12:10] | okay. | 我愿意 |
[12:12] | You will? | 你愿意? |
[12:13] | You’ll marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我? |
[12:15] | Okay. | 是的 |
[12:18] | oh! | 哦 |
[12:23] | oh,my baby! | 哦 我的孩子 |
[12:39] | Who is it? | 哪位? |
[12:41] | It’s your ex-husband. | 你的前夫? |
[12:43] | Oh. Karl. | 哦 Karl |
[12:45] | What do you want? | 有什么事? |
[12:48] | Edie and I just broke up. | Edie和我刚刚分手 |
[12:51] | Oh. Well,come on in. | 哦 进来吧 |
[12:59] | Sorry to come over on such short notice, | 不好意思这么突然 |
[13:00] | but I couldn’t face going to a motel. | 但我又不愿意去旅馆住 |
[13:02] | That’s okay. Julie’s staying at a friend’s tonight. | 没事 Julie反正去朋友家了 |
[13:04] | You can sleep in her room. | 你可以睡在她屋里 |
[13:06] | Well,the sofa’s fine,but thanks. | 沙发就可以了 不过谢谢你 |
[13:11] | So am I allowed to ask what happened? | 那么我能问问出什么事了吗? |
[13:14] | You could ask,but I won’t tell. | 可以问 但我不会告诉你的 |
[13:16] | Why not? – ‘Cause it’s embarrassing. | – 为什么? – 因为说出来丢人现眼的 |
[13:19] | Karl,did you cheat again? | Karl 你是不是在外面又有女人了? |
[13:21] | No. | 没有 |
[13:22] | Did she cheat? | 那她在外面有别的男人了? |
[13:23] | No | 也没有 |
[13:24] | You finally saw her without her makeup. | 你终于看到她卸妆后的样子了 |
[13:26] | Susan… – I’m sorry | – 不好意思 |
[13:30] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[13:32] | Yeah. It hadn’t been working for quite a while. | 恩 其实这么长时间来一直不顺畅 |
[13:35] | This was inevitable. | 发生这事也在所难免 |
[13:37] | Well,these days, | 如今 |
[13:39] | anybody going through a breakup gets my sympathy. | 谁分手了 我都同情 |
[13:42] | That’s right. I heard you made the plumber angry. | 没错 听说你惹火了那个水管工 |
[13:45] | No,I made the plumber furious, | 不是 我是惹怒了他 |
[13:48] | and it’s definitely over. | 彻底结束了 |
[13:52] | So there will be no gloating from me. | 所以你分手 我不会沾沾自喜了 |
[13:56] | Well,here’s to no gloating. | 那就敬一杯 |
[14:00] | mm. Actually,I’m trying to keep a positive outlook | 其实我一直想就这事 |
[14:03] | on the whole thing. um.. | 保持乐观态度 呃 |
[14:05] | last night,I started writing,and… | 昨天晚上 我就动笔写了写 呃… |
[14:07] | well,I think there’s a book in there. | 我想完全可以写本书出来 |
[14:09] | A book? – Yeah. | – 书? – 是的 |
[14:09] | Like one of your children’s books? | 儿童读物? |
[14:11] | No. This one’s for adults, | 不 是给成年人看的 |
[14:13] | about all my failed relationships. | 关于我失败的恋爱和婚姻 |
[14:16] | You’re not writing about me,are you? | 你不会在写我吧? |
[14:17] | You’re like the first 14 chapters. | 你可能得占据前14章 |
[14:21] | Are you gonna be fair? | 写的时候公正吗? |
[14:22] | I’m gonna be honest. | 我会实话实说的 |
[14:24] | I was afraid of that. | 我就怕那个 |
[14:29] | it was just awful. | 当时太尴尬了 |
[14:31] | George had a ring. | George手里拿着戒指 |
[14:32] | His mother and her friend were there with champagne. | 他母亲和朋友端着香槟 |
[14:34] | If I had said “no,”it would have devastated him. | 我要是说“不愿意” 肯定对他造成打击 |
[14:38] | So you agreed to marry him just to be polite? | 你同意嫁给他就是出于礼貌原因? |
[14:41] | Well,obviously, | 呃 很明显 |
[14:41] | there’s a downside to having good manners. | 有时过于礼貌也不好啊 |
[14:45] | So when will you tell him how you really feel? | 那么你打算什么时候 告诉他你的真实感受? |
[14:48] | That’s why I wanted to talk to you. | 所以我才来找你啊 |
[14:49] | I mean,part of me | 我一边 |
[14:50] | keeps thingking maybe I should just do it. | 在想就这么做 |
[14:53] | Do it?You mean actually marry him? | 做?你是说真的要嫁给他? |
[14:56] | Well,I know it sounds rash,but… | 我也知道这显得很鲁莽 但是… |
[14:58] | well,there’s something comfortable about george. | 和george在一起感觉很舒服 |
[15:01] | We share the same tastes and interests. | 我们趣味相投 |
[15:04] | Oh,and best of all,he loves the opera. | 而且他喜欢歌剧 |
[15:07] | The opera? | 歌剧? |
[15:07] | Yes,we saw “aida” last week, and we both cried buckets | 是的 上周我们看了《阿依达》 我们都哭成一团了 |
[15:11] | It was fun. | 真有意思 |
[15:14] | George loves art,poetry and music. | George热爱艺术 诗歌和音乐 |
[15:17] | It would be nice to be married to someone who | 能嫁给一个象我这样 |
[15:19] | looks for beauty in the world like I do. | 寻找生活中的美的男人真的很好 |
[15:28] | I don’t know.That’s why I’m here. | 我也迷惑了 所以我才来找你 |
[15:30] | I don’t know what to do,dr. Goldfine. | 我也不知道该怎么办 Goldfine医生 |
[15:34] | Bree,you’ve said many times | Bree 你多次提到 |
[15:36] | how comfortable you are with george, | 和george在一起是多么的舒服 |
[15:37] | but you don’t feel for him the way you felt for rex. | 但是你对他的感觉 不是你对rex的那种感觉? |
[15:42] | No. | 是的 |
[15:47] | True love is great. | 真爱的确可贵 |
[15:51] | But at this point in my life, | 但我现在这样 |
[15:54] | I think I’d rather just go to the opera. | 我宁愿去看歌剧 |
[16:00] | Give me your glass | 把杯子给我 |
[16:01] | -We gotta finish off this. – Oh,no,no,wait | – 我们得喝光了 – 不不别 |
[16:02] | No way,no way,no way. Four glasses is my limit. | 不行 不行 我顶多喝四杯 |
[16:05] | If you help me finish off this bottle, | 如果你能帮我喝光这瓶酒 |
[16:08] | I’ll tell you what happened between me and edie. | 我就告诉你我和edie究竟出什么事了 |
[16:12] | Hit me. | 那就来吧 |
[16:20] | edie was making the bed | edie正在铺床 |
[16:23] | and found a picture I kept under the mattress– | 找到了一张我放在床垫下的照片– |
[16:27] | a picture I didn’t want her to see. | 我不想让她看见的一张照片 |
[16:31] | What was it? | 谁的照片? |
[16:34] | It was a picture of you. | 你的照片 |
[16:38] | Why would you… | 你为什么… |
[16:39] | because it’s something I like to take a look at | 因为我想 |
[16:41] | every now and then. | 时不时地看看 |
[16:55] | Wow.- what the hell was that? – That was something | – 你干吗这样? – 其实 |
[16:57] | I’ve been wanting to do for quite some time. | 我很久以来一直想这么做 |
[16:59] | Oh,that’s just you’re bounding from edie. | 哦 你只是在分手恢复期 |
[17:03] | So you’re on the rebound from the plumber. | 你不也是嘛 |
[17:04] | No harm,no foul. | 不会有事 也没“违规” |
[17:08] | Karl,it would be so weird. | Karl 这样感觉太怪了 |
[17:10] | We’re two old friends who suddenly find themselves single. | 我们只是两位突然发现 自己又单身了的老朋友 |
[17:13] | There’s nothing weird about us | 没什么奇怪的 |
[17:15] | helping each other out to be… | 互相帮助… |
[17:19] | a little less lonely. | 摆脱寂寞而已 |
[17:25] | Thanks so much for taking care of the boys. | 十分感谢你们照顾我的孩子 |
[17:27] | I’ll be back on friday to pick your guys up. | 我周五过来接你们的孩子 |
[17:29] | Leonard and I are gonna take them all to the water park. | Leonard和我会带她们去水上公园玩 |
[17:32] | Yeah,um,before that happens… | 呃 走之前… |
[17:34] | and we’re gonna be able to take penny soon, aren’t we? | 我们很快就能接走penny 对吗? |
[17:36] | She’s getting so big | 她长起来可快了 |
[17:41] | peekaboo. | 偷偷看 |
[17:43] | Peekaboo. Peekaboo. | 偷偷看 偷偷看 |
[17:45] | Yeah,okay,enough of that | 好了 够了! |
[17:48] | is there something wrong? | 怎么了? |
[17:49] | Actually,yes. | 其实 我们有事 |
[17:51] | We’ve agonized whether to tell you this, norma,but… | 我们一直在犹豫是否应该告诉你… |
[17:55] | one of your…private videos | 你们自己录制的录像带有一盘 |
[17:58] | made its way into jimmy and P.J.’S bag. | 跑到jimmy和P.J.的书包里去了 |
[18:09] | Please… tell me the kids didn’t see it. | 他们没看吧? |
[18:12] | Oh,no,don’t worry.I caught it,I caught it… | 哦 没事 我及时发现阻止了… |
[18:14] | right before you took off your bra. | 就在你脱下胸罩前 |
[18:18] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[18:20] | Oh,norma. It’s okay. | 哦 norma 没事的 |
[18:21] | We just thought you needed to know what happened. | 我们只是想让你知道发生的事 |
[18:24] | Seriously,we’re cool with it | 其实我们没什么意见 |
[18:25] | so long as you keep it away from the kids | 只是不想让孩子看见 |
[18:27] | I told leonard this was gonna happen! | 我跟leonard说过迟早要出事 |
[18:29] | Jimmy,P.J.,Close the door! Are we all buckled up?! | Jimmy,P.J.关上门 系好安全带 |
[18:35] | Norma,wait! | Norma 等等 |
[18:36] | We’re still on for next week! | 下周你们得来啊 |
[18:39] | Norma! The water park! | Norma! 水上公园! |
[18:42] | Right? | 是吧? |
[18:54] | Mom! | 妈 |
[19:01] | Mom? | 妈? |
[19:04] | Mom,are you up? | 妈 起床了吗? |
[19:06] | Mom– | 妈– |
[19:09] | oh,my god. | 哦 天啊 |
[19:11] | Oh. Julie! I thought you were going straight to school. | 哦 Julie! 我以为你直接去上学了 |
[19:15] | I-I needed money for lunch. | 我得要买午饭的钱 |
[19:16] | There’s a $20 in my pants… if you can find ’em. | 我裤子口袋里有20块… 看能不能找得到了 |
[19:19] | Oh,uh,julie,uh… | 哦 呃 julie 呃… |
[19:21] | oh,julie,uh…honey. | 哦 呃 julie 呃… |
[19:28] | Okay,there is a good explanation for what happened. | 我可以解释 |
[19:31] | I doubt that. | 我深表怀疑 |
[19:32] | You probably don’t know that your father and edie | 你不知道你爸爸和edie |
[19:35] | broke up last night. | 昨晚分手了 |
[19:36] | You slept with him the same night he broke up with her. | 他分手的当晚你就和他睡在了一起 |
[19:39] | Well,I said it was a good explanation, not a great one. | 我说了可以解释 没说可以解释通 |
[19:42] | oh,julie. | 哦 julie |
[19:44] | – Hey,pumpkin. – Don’t even | – 宝贝早 – 别说 |
[19:47] | oh,now I feel really awful. | 真够尴尬的 |
[19:51] | Me too. | 是呀 |
[19:53] | We should not have done what we did. | 昨晚我们不应该那么做 |
[19:55] | I know,I know. | 我也知道 |
[20:01] | But I gotta tell you, | 但不管怎么说 |
[20:02] | last night was the best sex ever. | 昨晚做爱真棒 |
[20:04] | Wasn’t it,though?You were fantastic. | 是嘛?你也不赖 |
[20:07] | Hey,I was just trying to keep up with you. | 我当时只是想跟着你的节奏 |
[20:10] | Why do you think we got so good all of a sudden? | 你觉得我们为什么突然好起来? |
[20:13] | Because we’ve been angry at each other for so long, | 因为我们以前一直恶言相赠 |
[20:17] | and we finally found a way to channel it. | 现在终于找到疏通的机会了 |
[20:20] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[20:23] | So what happens next? | 下面该怎么办? |
[20:24] | Well,I’m gonna take a shower. | 我先洗个澡 |
[20:26] | No,I-I mean with us. | 不是 我是说我们俩 |
[20:28] | Us? What do you mean?There’s no us. | 我们?什么意思?没有什么“我们” |
[20:30] | You can’t tell me you can just walk away | 你不会想就这么了事吧 |
[20:32] | from this chemistry we got goin’. | 我们关系可刚刚好起来 |
[20:35] | I mean,what happened last night was… | 要知道昨晚可是… |
[20:38] | whew. Explosive. | 十分火爆啊 |
[20:39] | Karl,last night was two old friends | Karl 昨晚只不过是两个老朋友 |
[20:41] | helping each other through a rough patch. That’s it. | 互度难关而已 没什么 |
[20:43] | Susie Q… | |
[20:44] | karl,I want to move on.I don’t want to go backwards. | karl 我要继续生活下去 我可不想走回头路 |
[20:47] | I’m sorry | 不好意思 |
[20:50] | But thanks for the explosion | 但是谢谢你的“火爆” |
[20:51] | I really needed it. | 我很需要 |
[21:00] | After 48 hours of crash dieting, | 在48小时的减肥餐后 |
[21:02] | gabrielle prepared to savor the fruit of her labor. | gabrielle准备展现一下她的劳动成果 |
[21:06] | But she was dismayed to discover that she herself | 但是她很沮丧地发现她自己… |
[21:10] | had ripened considerably. | 显然胖了许多 |
[21:15] | ohh! | 噢! |
[21:21] | Ralph! | |
[21:23] | I need help getting dressed.Get in here! | 我需要人帮我把衣服穿上 进来! |
[21:28] | Now! | 就现在! |
[21:33] | I have to fit in this,so for god’s sakes, | 我必须要穿上它 |
[21:34] | put some muscle into it. | 你使点劲 |
[21:37] | I’m trying. | 我在试… |
[21:39] | It won’t zip. | 拉链拉不上 |
[21:40] | Well,try harder. | 哦,再用力点 |
[21:43] | Ohh! Ow. My hands hurt. | 噢! 弄痛我手了 |
[21:45] | I’m sorry,ms. Solis,but ican’t get you into this dress. | 对不起,Solis夫人,我没法帮你穿上它 |
[21:47] | It’s just too small. | 它实在是太小了 |
[21:49] | Get me into this dress, | 帮我穿上它 |
[21:50] | and I will pay you $10 more a week. | 每星期我再加你10美元工资 |
[21:54] | I think I got it. Hold on.Hold still. Here we go. | 我想我可以了 憋住气 别动 开始 |
[21:58] | One… | 一… |
[22:01] | two… | 二… |
[22:02] | three. There. | 三. 好了 |
[22:04] | Ohh! Thank god. | 噢! 谢天谢地 |
[22:18] | we brought you some ice cream. | 我们给你带了些冰淇淋 |
[22:22] | I know how long it’s been since you had any. | 我知道你已经好久没吃了 |
[22:28] | We’ll have that in a minute,sweetheart. | 再一会,我们就可以吃了 甜心 |
[22:33] | First,I want youto talk to me | 首先,我想跟你谈谈 |
[22:36] | about what happened… | 关于melanie… |
[22:38] | about melanie. | 到底发生了什么 |
[22:40] | I don’t want to talk about her. | 我不想跟你谈她 |
[22:42] | You know it breaks my heart to keep you down here like this. | 你知不知道这样关着你让我很难过 |
[22:45] | But I can’t let you out until I am positive | 但是我不能让你出去,直到我确信… |
[22:49] | that you will never hurt anyone else again. | 你不会伤害任何人 |
[22:52] | And the first step | 但是第一步 |
[22:53] | is for you to show me that you understand | 你必须让我看到你明白 |
[22:56] | that what you did was wrong. | 你所做的一切都是错的 |
[22:59] | She was a bad person. | 她不是一个好人 |
[23:03] | She deserved it. | 她活该 |
[23:06] | No one deserves to die like that,caleb. | 没人应该像那样死去,caleb |
[23:11] | Don’t you agree? | 难道你不这么认为? |
[23:23] | Very well. | 很好 |
[23:27] | If that’s how it’s going to be… | 如果你坚持事情这样发展的话… |
[23:32] | this is how it’s going to be. | 那我也会坚持 |
[24:08] | I can’t believe we’re doing this. | 我简直不相信我们要这样做 |
[24:10] | If leonard and norma want to cut ties with us, | 如果leonard和norma想和我们断绝来往 |
[24:12] | who are we to stop them? | 我们凭什么要来阻止他们? |
[24:14] | They need to know we don’t judge them | 他们应该要明白我们并不想评论 |
[24:16] | for what they do in the privacy of their own home. | 他们在自己家这干了什么事 |
[24:19] | And,well,it’s not unheard of to tape yourself | 而且,在做爱时把自己录下来 |
[24:21] | while you’re having sex. | 并不是什么耸人听闻的事 |
[24:22] | Well,obviously,there were so embarrassed, | 可是,很显然,这多么尴尬 |
[24:24] | they don’t want anythingt o do with us. | 他们并不想我们做任何事 |
[24:25] | Maybe we need to respect that. | 也许我们应该尊重他们 |
[24:27] | I need these play dates | 我需要他们家的玩伴 |
[24:32] | tom,we need these play dates | tom,我们需要给孩子找个玩伴 |
[24:34] | Fine. Fine.But you do all the talking. | 好 好 但是你来说 |
[24:37] | Okay. | 行 |
[24:40] | – Norma… – Aah! | – 噢! |
[24:41] | Wait! | 等等! |
[24:44] | – Let’s go. – No! | – 我们走吧 – 不! |
[24:46] | Hey,scavos.What are you guys doing here? | 嘿,scavos.你们来这干吗? |
[24:49] | Hi. Sorry for just showing up unannounced, but,um… | 嘿 很抱歉突然到访 但是… |
[24:54] | could we talk to you for a minute? | 我们能和你谈一下吗? |
[24:55] | Sure,come on in. | 当然,请进 |
[24:57] | so,um, | 这样的,呃 |
[24:59] | we’ve been trying to contact you, | 我们试着想要跟你们联系 |
[25:01] | but you haven’t been returning any of our messages. | 可你们没回复我们的消息 |
[25:04] | And we really hope it isn’t because of the porno video. | 我们真的希望不是那个色情带子的原因 |
[25:06] | Home–home movies. | 家庭–家庭电影 |
[25:08] | The fact is,we really don’t care, | 事实是,我们并不是很在意 |
[25:11] | and it’s certainly no reason to keep our boys apart. | 而且也没有理由让我们的孩子不见面呀 |
[25:15] | We just don’t know how they found it. | 我们真的不知道他们是怎么找到的 |
[25:17] | But you know boys–they get into everything, | 但是你知道孩子–他们对任何事都好奇 |
[25:19] | but seriously,it’s not a big deal. | 但严格来说,这也不是什么大事情 |
[25:21] | I mean,just as long as you make sure it never happens again. | 我的意思是,只要你们保证它不再发生 |
[25:23] | It’s the new millennium.We’re–we’re hip. | 现在是新时代了 我们–我们都很时髦… |
[25:26] | You know,what we’re saying is,we get it. | 你明白,我们要说的是,我们明白 |
[25:28] | You’re just having fun.It’s nothing to be ashamed of. | 你们只是在寻乐 没什么好感到羞耻的 |
[25:34] | I’m just so relieved this all worked out. | 这件事能解决,我真的感到很轻松 |
[25:35] | At one point we actually talked | 前一阵子我们还讨论过 |
[25:37] | about selling the house and moving. | 是否要卖掉房子 搬走 |
[25:39] | Oh,no! | 哦,不! |
[25:42] | thank you for being so open-minded. | 感谢你能那么开明 |
[25:45] | Please,we’re all adults.It’S… | 不必,我们都是成人了 这… |
[25:49] | I gotta tell you,the most embrarrassing part of that video | 我想说的是,这个录象最尴尬的部分是… |
[25:51] | is how poorly it was shot. | 它拍得很糟 |
[25:52] | The production valuesare ca-ca. | 拍摄毫无价值 |
[25:56] | Well,from a lay perspective, it looked very professional. | 哦,从外人看来 很专业呀 |
[26:01] | What you saw was an example of my earlier work. | 你们所看到的只是我一个早期作品 |
[26:04] | Since then I’ve become much more adept at… production. | 从那时候开始,我对摄影很…在行 |
[26:07] | Ah. | 哦 |
[26:09] | You know,editing and lighting. | 你知道,导演和灯光 |
[26:10] | Leonard has always dreamed of directing movies. | Leonard 一直想要拍摄一部电影 |
[26:15] | Ironic,isn’t it?I finally get my wish | 很讽刺,是不是?我最终实现了我的愿望 |
[26:17] | and no one ever gets to see my work. | 但没人会看到我的作品 |
[26:21] | That is a damn shame. | 简直可惜了 |
[26:24] | Norma,what do you think? Should we show them the room? | Norma,你觉得呢? 应该让他们看看我们的房间吗? |
[26:30] | Let’s show ’em the room.Huh? | 让他们看看我们的房间 |
[26:36] | Check out this baby.3-chip high-def, | 看看这些小玩意 3芯片的 高清晰 |
[26:38] | 1280×720 lines of resolution, bounced lighting, | 1280×720位的分辨率 闪光灯 |
[26:42] | and dark sheets so you don’t get a kick off the pillows. | 暗色的床单 反光不会太严重 |
[26:45] | Took me a while to learn that little trick,huh? | 我可是好长时间才琢磨出来了 |
[26:48] | These walls are completely soundproof. | 这些墙壁是完全隔音的 |
[26:50] | You could scream your lungs out in here, | 你可以在这里撕心裂肺的喊 |
[26:52] | and nobody’d hear you.- It’s true. | – 没人会听见 – 是真的 |
[26:56] | so… anytime you wanna set up a shoot, just let me know. | 所以… 什么时候你们想拍 告诉我就行了 |
[27:01] | You guys would love it. | 你们会喜欢上它的 |
[27:03] | Once you get in front of that camera, | 一旦你呆在摄像机前 |
[27:05] | you feel like a star. | 你会觉得你就是一个明星 |
[27:10] | good night. | 晚安 |
[27:11] | Night.Night | 晚安 晚安 |
[27:13] | I’m thinking no more play dates. | 我再也不想要这样的玩伴了 |
[27:15] | Not a one. | 一次也不要 |
[27:22] | Hey. We’d better hurry. The movie starts in 20 minutes. | 嘿 我们最好快点 电影20分钟后就要开场了 |
[27:25] | There’s been a slight change of plans. | 计划有些小小的变动 |
[27:26] | My mother had a couple of friends | 我妈妈有些朋友 |
[27:27] | who really wanted to meet you, | 他们很想见你 |
[27:28] | and I thought,”what the heck?It could be fun.” Do you mind? | 我想“有什么好怕的? 会很有意思的” 你介意吗? |
[27:32] | Uh,no,I-I guess not. | 呃,不,我-我想不会 |
[27:35] | Hey,everybody,this is bree. | 嘿,大家好,这是bree |
[27:45] | – and this is my uncle sid. – Hi. | – 这是我舅舅sid – 你好 |
[27:47] | – My aunt rosalie. – hello | – 我阿姨rosalie – 你好 |
[27:49] | Oh,and this is stan grazi,who does my mom’s taxes. | 哦,这是stan grazi,负责我妈妈的税金 |
[27:52] | She’s a knockout,george. | 她是那么引人注目,george |
[27:54] | Guess I owe you an apology. | 我想我欠你一个道歉 |
[27:57] | Since I was single all these years, | 因为这些年我都是单身 |
[27:59] | stan kept telling my mom I was gay. | stan 一直跟我妈妈说我是个同性恋 |
[28:01] | I’m still gonna need some proof. | 我还需要一些证据 |
[28:03] | But I guess I’ll be getting that | 但我想我可以得到证实 |
[28:04] | in about nine months,hey,bree? | 在九个月内,对吗,bree? |
[28:06] | What happens in nine months? | 九个月内会发生什么? |
[28:08] | That’s just stan’s little joke | 那只是stan开的一个玩笑 |
[28:09] | about when we’re gonna start our own family. | 关于什么时候我们会有自己的家庭 |
[28:11] | Now just so you know,stan, | 就像你所知道的,stan |
[28:12] | it’s gonna be a while before we even think about kids. | 考虑要孩子还是以后的事呢 |
[28:15] | I want bree all to myself for a while. | 我想自己好好和bree独处一段时间 |
[28:17] | Well,don’t wanna wait too long. | 不需要等很久 |
[28:20] | After 40,the eggs don’t get any fresher. | 40岁以后,卵就不再有活力了 |
[28:22] | Am I right,bree? | 我说的对吗,bree? |
[28:27] | if you’ll excuse me,I,uh,I have to go. | 请原谅,我得走了 |
[28:35] | Bree,bree,where are you going? | Bree,bree,你要去哪? |
[28:37] | I am taking my champagne and my aging eggs, | 我带着我的香槟以及我的老卵 |
[28:39] | and I’m going home. | 我要回家 |
[28:40] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[28:42] | george,I’m starting to think that | george,我开始想 |
[28:44] | we made a mistake rushing into this engagement | 我们这么快定婚是一个错误 |
[28:46] | – what? – And I’m not the only one who thinks that. | – 什么? – 我并不是唯一一个这么想的 |
[28:48] | Other people have said the same thing | 其他人也这么认为 |
[28:50] | What others? Andrew? | 其他人是谁? Andrew? |
[28:51] | No. Dr. Goldfine,my therapist. | 不是 是我的心理医生Goldfine |
[28:55] | Your therapist?He doesn’t know me. | 你的心理医生?他并不了解我 |
[28:57] | Well,he knows me,and certainly better than you do. | 可是他了解我 很明显比你更了解 |
[29:00] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说? |
[29:01] | Well,for starters,he knows the last thing | 是的,从开始到现在,他知道每一件事 |
[29:03] | I’d ever want to do is have more children. | 我从来都不想再要孩子 |
[29:05] | Really? Well,I didn’t know. | 真的? 可我并不知道 |
[29:08] | But you should know that. | 你应该知道 |
[29:10] | That’s the kind of thing that people who are engaged | 这是定了婚的人 |
[29:11] | are supposed to know about each other. | 彼此应该知道的事 |
[29:15] | Well,it doesn’t matter.I don’t need children. | 这没关系,我不需要孩子 |
[29:18] | It’s not just that,george. | 并不仅仅是这些,george |
[29:19] | Dr. Goldfine has other concerns about us being together, | Goldfine 医生对我们 在一起还有其他一些疑虑 |
[29:23] | and I’m starting to think he’s right. | 我开始想他是对的 |
[29:25] | Look… | 你看… |
[29:28] | I’ll agree with dr. Goldfine on one thing. | 就一件事我跟Goldfine医生达成一致 |
[29:31] | We should slow things down. | 我们应该把事情放慢些 |
[29:33] | Really? | 真的? |
[29:34] | Yes. Just because two people are engaged | 是. 两个定了婚的人 |
[29:36] | doesn’t mean they have to get married anytime soon. | 并不意味着要马上结婚 |
[29:43] | I’ll talk to dr. Goldfine about it tomorrow. | 我明天会跟Goldfine医生谈谈 |
[29:45] | Take whatever time you need. | 需要的时候就去吧 |
[30:03] | how many times am I gonna have to ask you to fix this step? | 都跟你说了几次了,要修下这楼梯? |
[30:07] | Matthew,are you going to answer me? | Matthew,怎么不回答我? |
[30:09] | Did you leave the door open? | 你是不是忘了关门了? |
[30:39] | How’d you do? | 你那边怎样? |
[30:40] | Not good. | 不妙 |
[30:41] | People are gonna start coming home from work soon. | 他们就要下班回家了 |
[30:44] | Okay. We can’t panic.Caleb is scared. | 不要恐慌.Caleb已经吓到了 |
[30:48] | He doesn’t know the area, so he’s got to be close by. | 他不熟悉这里 应该就在附近 |
[30:52] | Which yards haven’t you checked yet? | 哪些院子你还没找过? |
[31:04] | Bree,I desperately need your help. | Bree,我十分需要你的帮助 |
[31:07] | Oh,dear. What’s wrong? | 哦 天那 怎么了? |
[31:09] | How do you get your hydrangeas to look so stunning? | 你是怎样做到让你的 水仙花看是去那么迷人? |
[31:13] | I’m systematically slaughtering my own garden. | 我非常系统性的清理我的花园 |
[31:16] | Do you really want to know my secret? | 你真的想知道我的秘诀? |
[31:17] | Oh,yes. | 哦,是的 |
[31:19] | Horse manure.I have it delivered. | 我给它施了马粪 |
[31:21] | Susan makes fun of me, but the proof is in the pudding. | Susan因此取笑我 但事实胜于雄辩 |
[31:40] | Hello. | 你好 |
[31:42] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[31:46] | Looking for something? | 在找什么? |
[31:49] | Ahem. Uh… yeah.Actually, I’m looking for you. | 呃… 是的 事实上 我在找你 |
[31:54] | Me? | 我? |
[31:56] | You’re looking for me? | 你在找我? |
[31:58] | Yeah. I’ve been thinking about you, | 是的 我一直在挂念着你 |
[32:00] | and that time we met, I thought you were really cool. | 自从我们上次见面以后 我觉得你真的很不错 |
[32:02] | So you came to ask me out? | 那么你是来约我出去? |
[32:13] | ‘Cause I’ll say yes. | 因为我会答应 |
[32:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:27] | Anything? | 有吗? |
[32:32] | well,that was a waste of time. | 真是浪费时间 |
[32:34] | Pretty much. | 是呀 |
[32:39] | did you hear the big news? | 听到大新闻吗? |
[32:41] | Uh,the big news? | 呃,大新闻? |
[32:42] | Karl and I are back together | Karl和我又和好了 |
[32:45] | What? | 什么? |
[32:46] | And I know that he stayed at your place last night, | 我知道昨天晚上他在你那过夜了 |
[32:49] | which leads me to why I’m here. | 这就是我来这的原因 |
[32:51] | There’s some stuff that I have to say, | 有些话我必须要说 |
[32:53] | and it’s not going to be pleasant. | 听起来会不怎么舒服 |
[32:54] | Edie,uh… | Edie,呃… |
[32:56] | whatever it was that you said to him really helped. | 无论你跟他说的是什么,很有效 |
[33:01] | He showed up with flowers and he apologized for everything | 他带着花出现,为他所做的一切道歉 |
[33:05] | So… | 所以… |
[33:09] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:12] | I’m sorry,what? | 不好意思,你说什么? |
[33:14] | Well,I’m not gonna say it again. | 我不会说第二次 |
[33:15] | It hurt my teeth the first time. | 刚才就让我难以启齿了 |
[33:16] | No,edie. This is so unexpected on so many levels. | 不,edie. 这真的让人出乎意料 |
[33:20] | I don’t know what to say | 我不知道该说什么 |
[33:21] | Then say nothing | 那就什么都不别说 |
[33:23] | Oh,and,uh,here… | 哦 这是… |
[33:26] | is the photo of you I found in our bed. | 在我们床上找到的你的照片 |
[33:28] | I know he told you about it. | 我知道他跟你提过 |
[33:31] | Why are you giving itto me? | 你为什么把它给我? |
[33:34] | Look,I appreciate whatever it was that you did last night, | 你看,我很感激昨天晚上你所做的一切 |
[33:38] | but it’s still important for you to understand that… | 但是你必须明白一件很重要的事是… |
[33:41] | I won. | 我还是赢了 |
[33:44] | You won? | 你赢了? |
[33:45] | Yeah. Whatever little hold you had on karl | 是的 你跟karl之间的任何关系 |
[33:48] | is officially over. | 都已经正式结束了 |
[33:49] | So you can stop feeling all smug | 因此你不用再为他保留这张照片 |
[33:51] | and superior that he kept that… thing. | 而感到得意或是有优越感 |
[33:55] | Believe me,I don’t feel superior. | 相信我,我没觉得优越 |
[33:57] | Good,’cause you shouldn’T. | 很好 因为你根本就不应该 |
[33:59] | He made his choice,and it’s not you. | 他做了这个选择,他没选你 |
[34:03] | You’re right.He made his choice. | 你是对的 他做了选择 |
[34:19] | no,bree,it’s still too easyto breathe | 不,bree,它还是太松了 |
[34:21] | You’ve gotta make it tighter. | 你得把它弄得再紧点 |
[34:22] | Gaby,if I make it any tighter, | Gaby,如果再紧点 |
[34:23] | you won’t be able to sit down. | 你就没法坐下了 |
[34:25] | I don’t care. | 我没关系 |
[34:26] | I can’t have these girls thinking I’m pregnant. | 我不能让这些女孩们知道我怀孕了 |
[34:28] | Gosh,do you actually think they’re gonna make fun of you? | Gosh,你真的认为她们会嘲笑你? |
[34:31] | Trust me. They’re merciless. | 相信我 她们很无情 |
[34:35] | But why? I mean,surely they have friends who have children. | 可是 为什么? 我的意思是她们也有朋友作妈妈了啊 |
[34:38] | When I decided to marry carlos, | 当我决定嫁给carlos的时候 |
[34:40] | I told these girls I would spend the rest of my days | 我告诉这些女孩们,我的下半辈子将会是 |
[34:43] | being rich and in love and childless, | 富有、充满爱和没有孩子的 |
[34:46] | and they laughed at me, | 那时,她们取笑我 |
[34:47] | and they said I would just end up being another | 她们说我最终将变成一个肥胖的主妇 |
[34:49] | fat hausfrau livinga life that I didn’t plan. | 过着我所不期望的生活 |
[34:54] | I’m not gonna give them the satisfaction | 我不想让他们称心 |
[34:55] | of knowing they were right. | 被她们说中 |
[34:57] | Well,maybe they’ll just be happy for you. | 也许她们只是替你感到开心 |
[34:59] | Bree,my friends are models. They’re never happy for anyone. | Bree,我的朋友都是模特 她们从不为任何人感到开心 |
[35:03] | Do you ever thinkyou might like it? | 你有没有想过也许你会喜欢? |
[35:06] | What? | 喜欢什么? |
[35:07] | Motherhood. | 做一个母亲 |
[35:09] | – No. – Oh,come on | – 不 – 哦,别这样 |
[35:10] | You don’t think you’re gonna love your own baby? | 你就没想过你会喜欢你孩子? |
[35:12] | Well,I’m not saying I’m not gonna grow attached to the little bugger | 我不是说我对小家伙没感情 |
[35:15] | I just don’t have the motherhood gene. | 我就是没有母性基因 |
[35:18] | I wish I did,but I don’T. | 我很希望有,可惜 |
[35:21] | what? | 笑什么? |
[35:22] | Well,I’m just smiling because I think a few months from now | 我只是在笑,也许几个月后 |
[35:25] | you are gonna come to me | 你会跑来跟我说 |
[35:26] | and tell me how madly in love you are with your | 你疯狂的喜欢上了 |
[35:28] | new little baby, | 你的小宝贝 |
[35:29] | and I’m gonna have to resist the urge to say “I told you so.” | 而我必须抵制住自己情绪 对你说“我早就料到了” |
[35:33] | Maybe,but I doubt it | 有可能,但我很怀疑 |
[35:35] | There you go. All done. | 可以了 完成 |
[35:41] | Ah. How do I look? | 看上去如何? |
[35:42] | Positively glowing. | 光彩照人 |
[35:45] | Bree… aah! | |
[36:51] | hi! Hello! | 嘿! 你们好! |
[36:55] | oh,my god! | 哦 天啊 |
[36:57] | You’re pregnant! | 你怀孕了! |
[37:05] | bree? It’s gaby! | bree? 是gaby! |
[37:07] | Honey,it’s open.Come on in. | 亲爱的,门开着 进来就是了 |
[37:14] | Hi. My,uh,friends just left, | 嘿,我朋友刚离开 |
[37:18] | and I was hoping you could come over | 我在等你过来 |
[37:19] | and cut me out of this thing. | 帮我把它脱掉 |
[37:21] | How was your little reunion? | 你的小聚会如何? |
[37:23] | It was,um… weird. | 有点…不可思议 |
[37:27] | Weird? | 不可思议? |
[37:29] | Well,allison’s mad | 是的, allison快疯了 |
[37:30] | because she’s losing jobs to 14-year-olds, | 因为她被一个14岁大的模特抢了饭碗 |
[37:33] | holly is on a strict diet of cruciferous vegetables,and… | holly正在吃一些花科类的植物 还有… |
[37:36] | yasmin is undergoing a new embryonic facial treatment | yasmin 正在做一个新的脸部手术 |
[37:40] | that probably causesshort-term memory loss. | 有可能会导致短期失忆 |
[37:44] | You know,I just stood there the whole night | 你知道吗,整晚我就只是站在那里 |
[37:46] | trying to remember why we were ever friends. | 想要记起为什么我们曾经会成为朋友 |
[37:50] | And I couldn’T. | 但我不能 |
[37:52] | You know,honey,people change. | 你知道,大家都在变 |
[37:55] | Yeah,but that’s the thing. They haven’t changed. | 是的,问题是 她们没变 |
[37:57] | That’s who they’ve always been. | 她们还是老样子 |
[38:00] | I’ve changed,and I honestly don’t know how. | 我已经变了,在不知觉中 |
[38:06] | Well…maybe susan,lynette and I have had a good influence on you. | 也许susan lynette 和我对你有了好影响 |
[38:11] | I doubt that. | 我也觉得是 |
[38:15] | Come on.When I finish up here, | 好了 等我把这里弄好 |
[38:17] | I will come over with my sewing kit | 我会带着我的缝纫包过去的 |
[38:19] | and cut you out of that. | 帮你把它脱掉 |
[38:21] | All right,but hurry up, | 好的,不过快点 |
[38:22] | because I’ve been having to pee since hors d’oeuvres. | 因为从开胃小菜以后,我就想上厕所 |
[38:30] | are you free to go shopping tomorrow? | 明天有空一起购物吗? |
[38:33] | I figured it’s probably time I… | 我想是时候该… |
[38:35] | bought some clothes that actually fit. | 买一些真正合适的衣服了 |
[38:38] | Well,I know a store that carries maternity clothes | 我知道有一家专卖孕妇装的店 |
[38:40] | with designer labels. | 是名牌的 |
[38:42] | I like the sound of that. | 我喜欢你那样说 |
[38:46] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[40:22] | aah! | 多谢 |
[40:24] | Yes,cameras are tools designed to capture images. | 是的 照相机是用来捕捉画面的 |
[40:29] | Wait. | 等等 |
[40:31] | What? | 怎么了? |
[40:34] | Uh,she needs me to get something for her. | 呃,她要拿些东西 |
[40:35] | I will be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[40:37] | But in truth,they can capture so much more. | 可事实上,它能捕捉到更多东西 |
[40:42] | They can uncover hidden longing | 它能揭示一个你从不在意的男人 |
[40:45] | of men who should no longer care. | 心底隐藏的渴望 |
[40:51] | They can reveal the extraordinary secrets | 它能泄露许多普通婚姻的 |
[40:55] | of the most ordinary marriages. | 特殊秘密 |
[41:01] | Most amazing of all, | 最惊人的是 |
[41:02] | cameras can quietly and clearly reveal to us our dreams– | 它可以在不知觉中告知我们– |
[41:09] | dreams we didn’t even know we had. | 曾经从未拥有过的梦想 |