时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Were you with a woman? | 你刚才跟女人在一起 |
[00:05] | He cheated on you. | 他背叛了你 |
[00:05] | You said you were gonna hate him forever. | 你说你要恨他一辈子的 |
[00:06] | You shouldn’t listen to | 永远不要轻信 |
[00:07] | a woman that has just had her heart broken. | 一个心刚碎的女人 |
[00:10] | Sometimes ending a relationship… | 有时 要结束一段感情 |
[00:11] | I don’t care what we call it… | 我不介意我们怎么看待它 |
[00:13] | …I just want to be with you. | 我只想和你在一起 |
[00:14] | I don’t think that would be wise. | 我认为这样做不明智 |
[00:15] | …can be very hard. | 绝不是简单的事 |
[00:16] | I was the one who was sleeping with your son. | 我才是和你儿子有一腿的人 |
[00:18] | But Helen, it’s over now. | 不过 海伦 现在都结束了 |
[00:20] | But keeping secrets… | 但保守秘密 |
[00:21] | It’s not even close to be over. | 想结束 还早着呢 |
[00:23] | …is even harder. | 就更难了 |
[00:24] | I am not sure I understand what you’re saying. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[00:27] | I killed my baby sister. | 是我杀了还在襁褓中的妹妹 |
[00:38] | I want the toys picked up. | 把玩具捡起来 |
[00:40] | How many times do I have to tell you? | 我还要说多少遍 |
[00:41] | Pick up your toys. You want a spanking? | 把你们的玩具捡起来 想挨打吗 |
[00:44] | There is a look the parents of well-behaved children | 乖孩子的父母看着 |
[00:48] | give to the parents of | 孩子不那么乖的父母 |
[00:50] | the not so well-behaved. | 就是这么一副表情 |
[00:52] | Don’t you dare look at me like that. | 别那样看着我 |
[00:54] | I will wipe that smirk off your face. | 别那么傻笑了 |
[00:56] | It’s a look that says | 那表情的意思是 |
[00:57] | “You should learn to control your kids”. | “你应该学会管住自己的孩子” |
[00:59] | We’re just gonna clean the yard… | 我们现在要打扫院子 |
[01:01] | “After all, they’re your responsibility”. | “毕竟 你得对他们负责” |
[01:09] | Hey, I’m not fooling. | 我可不是吓唬你们的 |
[01:11] | Of course, it was easy for Susan to feel | 当然 苏珊很容易因为 |
[01:14] | smug with a daughter like Julie. | 有个朱莉那样的女儿而自命不凡 |
[01:17] | She always brought home straight As. | 她总是把全A的成绩单带回家 |
[01:20] | Oh! You did it again! | 你又做到了 |
[01:22] | She was helpful around the house. | 在屋里屋外都是个好帮手 |
[01:27] | She was bright, affectionate and considerate of others. | 聪明 热情 善解人意 |
[01:33] | To her mother’s way of thinking, | 从她妈妈的角度看 |
[01:36] | Julie was the perfect child. | 朱莉是个完美的乖孩子 |
[01:38] | Unfortunately, Susan was about to | 不幸的是 苏珊即将发现 |
[01:40] | discover that no such creature existed. | “完美乖孩子”根本不存在 |
[01:48] | – Mom! – What’s going on here? | -妈 -这是怎么回事 |
[01:50] | Were you just kissing my daughter? | 你刚才在亲我女儿吗 |
[01:52] | – Uh… uh, a little. – What are you thinking? | -算是吧 -你在想什么呢 |
[01:56] | – Mom, calm down. – She’s only 14! | -妈妈 冷静点 -她才14岁 |
[01:58] | I should… I should probably be going. | 我该 我该走了 |
[02:01] | You think? | 你认为呢 |
[02:04] | Oh, just… | 还有 |
[02:06] | See you Friday. | 星期五见 |
[02:08] | What’s he talking about? What’s happening on Friday? | 他说什么 星期五要干什么 |
[02:11] | He’s taking me to school dance. | 他要带我去参加学校的舞会 |
[02:13] | Oh, no, he’s not. | 不 不行 |
[02:15] | Mom, I know you saw us kissing, | 妈妈 我知道你看见我们接吻了 |
[02:17] | but you’ve got to chill now. | 你现在需要冷静下 |
[02:18] | Don’t tell me to chill. I have no intentions of chilling. | 别跟我提什么冷静 我一点都不想冷静 |
[02:21] | Whatever. I’m taking out the trash. | 随便你 我去倒垃圾了 |
[02:23] | You are not going anywhere. | 哪儿也别去 |
[02:24] | You are gonna stay here and talk about this. | 你得留下来跟我谈谈这事 |
[02:25] | I would not talk to you while you’re freaking out. | 你正在气头上 我不想跟你说 |
[02:27] | One thing is clear. You are not allowed to see him anymore. | 有一点需要明确 不许你再跟他见面 |
[02:29] | There is also a look | 有一种表情是 |
[02:31] | the parents of not-so-well behaved | 孩子不那么乖的父母 |
[02:33] | children give to parents like Susan. | 会流露给曾经是乖乖小孩父母 |
[02:36] | It says, “Welcome to the club”. | 那表情在说 “欢迎加入我们” |
[03:22] | Suburbia is a place filled with responsible people | 城郊住着很多有责任感的居民 |
[03:26] | trying to live responsible lives. | 他们努力过着有责任感的生活 |
[03:30] | Of course, even the most responsible among us | 当然 哪怕是最有责任感的人 |
[03:34] | has mistakes in their past. | 也难免犯过一些错误 |
[03:39] | Mistakes they’d like to forget. | 虽然他们想要忘掉 |
[03:46] | Mistakes that sometimes come back to haunt them. | 但那些错误却不时回来叨扰 |
[03:51] | I’m gonna go get the mail. | 我去拿邮件 |
[03:58] | Helen. What are you doing here? | 海伦 你来这儿什么事 |
[04:00] | Gabrielle. I don’t believe you’ve met my husband. Bob. | 加布丽尔 我想你没见过我丈夫 鲍勃 |
[04:04] | Hi. So nice to meet you… | 见到你们真高兴 |
[04:08] | Uh, we, um, came to talk to you about our son. | 我们来跟你说我们儿子的事 |
[04:12] | I haven’t seen John in weeks. | 我已经好几周没见过约翰了 |
[04:14] | He’s called and left messages, but I haven’t returned any. | 他打过电话 留了言 不过我没回复 |
[04:17] | It’s over. I swear. | 我发誓我们之间结束了 |
[04:18] | We’re not here about that. | 我们来不是因为那个 |
[04:20] | We need you to do something for us. | 我们需要你帮个忙 |
[04:22] | Oh. Ok… | 好啊 |
[04:24] | John surprised us last night when he announced | 昨晚约翰吓了我们一跳 |
[04:26] | he was turning down his college scholarship. | 他宣布说要拒绝大学奖学金 |
[04:28] | Instead, he’s decided to expand his gardening business. | 相反 他一门心思要拓展他的园艺事业 |
[04:30] | Mow lawns full time. | 全职修整草坪 |
[04:34] | Why, uh… Why would he do that? | 为什么他要那么做 |
[04:37] | We don’t know why. | 我们不知道 |
[04:39] | Do you think we’d be talking to you if we did? | 要是知道还来问你干什么 |
[04:41] | You have to orgive my wife. She’s still upset over the, um… | 原谅我妻子 对那事她还是耿耿于怀 |
[04:44] | – Statutory rape thing. – Helen! | -法律上那叫强奸 -海伦 |
[04:47] | What do you want me to do? | 你们想要我做什么 |
[04:50] | He’s refusing to talk to us. | 他拒绝跟我们谈 |
[04:53] | If you could just convince him | 如果你能劝说他认识到自己正铸下大错 |
[04:55] | that he’s making a big mistake… | 自己正铸下大错 |
[04:56] | John and I made a clean break. | 约翰和我已经一刀两断 |
[04:58] | I think it’s best we just keep our distance. | 我觉得我们最好还是保持点距离 |
[05:01] | Please. Last week he turned eighteen | 求你了 上周他满了18岁 |
[05:04] | and moved out of the house. We’re stuck. | 然后就搬了出去 我们无计可施 |
[05:09] | I’m sorry. I… I… I’m so sorry, | 我很抱歉 真的很抱歉 |
[05:12] | I just can’t handle this right now. | 我现在干不了这事 |
[05:15] | I have my own personal things going on. | 我有自己的事要忙 |
[05:16] | My life is falling apart. | 我的生活一团糟 |
[05:18] | – I don’t care. – Helen… | -我不管 -海伦 |
[05:20] | We haven’t gone to the police about what you did, | 我们还没有向警察告发你干的事 |
[05:23] | but that can easily change. | 不过我们很容易改变主意 |
[05:29] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我看看我能做点什么 |
[05:33] | Good. | 好 |
[05:38] | So nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[05:47] | You can do this. All right. | 你行的 好吗 |
[05:49] | Just scooch down a few inches and I’ll grab you. | 往下移动几英寸 我就能抓住你了 |
[05:52] | No. You’ll drop me. | 不 你会摔到我的 |
[05:54] | I’m not gonna drop you. | 我不会让你摔到的 |
[05:55] | I might strangle you | 我会首先勒死你 |
[05:57] | for climbing up here in the first place. Come on. | 谁让你爬到那里去 来吧 |
[06:01] | Come here, you little monsters! | 过来 你们这群臭小子 |
[06:02] | Look at me. Don’t come down. | 盯着我 别往下走 |
[06:04] | Look who I found wandering around the airport. | 瞧我在机场附近闲逛时发现了谁 |
[06:07] | Hey, Rodney! | 罗德尼 |
[06:08] | – Is Parker back up on the roof? – Yep. | -帕克还在屋顶上吗 -是 |
[06:11] | See if he can find that frisbee while he’s up there. | 既然他上去了 看看他能不能找到那个飞盘 |
[06:14] | Yeah, I’m gonna get right on that. | 好 我正准备叫他找 |
[06:16] | – How’s my favorite girl? – So happy to see you. | -我最爱的女孩还好吧 -见到你真好 |
[06:19] | It’s a shame that Allison couldn’t make it. | 真遗憾 艾丽森来不了 |
[06:21] | Just another business trip for the wandering salesman. | 这个四海为家的推销员又出差了 |
[06:25] | She’d be bored to tears. Hey, Parker! | 她一定无聊极了 帕克 |
[06:28] | Aren’t you gonna give me a hug? It’s grandpa! | 不打算拥抱我吗 我是爷爷 |
[06:31] | Don’t take it personnally. He’s too scared to climb down. | 不要介意 他被吓到了 不敢爬下来 |
[06:34] | – Can I give it a shot? – Yeah, sure. Knock yourself out. | -我能试试吗 -当然可以 去吧 |
[06:37] | – Yeah. – Be careful. | -好 -小心点 |
[06:41] | Parker, I got a question for you. | 帕克 我有个问题问你 |
[06:43] | It’s only one of this kind of important question. | 这问题比较重要 |
[06:45] | A character-defining question actually. You wanna hear it? | 其实是个确定性格的问题 想听吗 |
[06:49] | Only a girl would be afraid to come down the ladder. | 只有女孩才害怕下梯子 |
[06:52] | Now, you’re not a little girl, are you? | 你不是小女孩 是吧 |
[06:55] | I’m not looking at a little girlie-girl, am I? | 我面前这人不是个女里女气的小女孩吧 |
[07:04] | – Are you ok? – Come on. | -还好吗 -来吧 |
[07:07] | You got him down. | 你把他弄下来了 |
[07:09] | – How’d he do that? – Sexism. | -他怎么做到的 -性别歧视 |
[07:13] | Let’s start off with addressing the division of assets. | 我们先从财产分配开始吧 |
[07:15] | We’re not prepared to discuss the | 我们现在还不打算 |
[07:17] | primary residence at this time. | 讨论主要房产的问题 |
[07:19] | Are you prepared to discuss cars? Antiques? | 那你们准备讨论车吗 或者古董 |
[07:21] | I’d like to discuss country club membership. | 我想讨论一下乡村俱乐部的会籍问题 |
[07:24] | Access to the facilities is integral to Dr Van de Camp… | 范德坎普医生拥有那些设施的使用权 |
[07:27] | What are we doing here? | 我们在这干吗 |
[07:30] | I’m sorry, Rex? | 对不起 雷克斯 |
[07:32] | I’m talking to my wife. | 我在跟我妻子说话 |
[07:35] | Surrounded by lawyers dividing up our stuff. | 身边围着一圈帮我们分割财产的律师 |
[07:37] | I don’t want this. I thought I did, but I don’t. | 我不想这样 我以为我想 但是我不想 |
[07:41] | Maybe we should talk this over before it’s too late. | 也许我们应该趁还来得及 再好好谈谈 |
[07:46] | What do you say, Bree? | 你的意见呢 布里 |
[07:48] | Should we send the vultures home? | 要不要把这些秃鹫打发走 |
[08:02] | I wanna keep the club membership. | 我想要乡村俱乐部的会籍 |
[08:05] | Rex is terrible at tennis. | 雷克斯的网球打得很烂 |
[08:06] | And he hates buffets. | 而且他讨厌自助餐 |
[08:10] | Ok. If you turn to page two of the proposed settlement, | 好 在离婚协议的第二页 |
[08:12] | you’ll find our prioritized list. | 我们把要争取的财产做了排序 |
[08:16] | Right. | 对 |
[08:17] | – They were kissing, huh? – Right at my kitchen table. | -他们在接吻吗 -就在我家餐桌旁 |
[08:21] | You must have shocked the hell out of ’em. | 他们被你吓坏了吧 |
[08:23] | – I’m glad you can laugh about this. – They’re being kids. | -你居然还笑得出来 -他们不过是孩子 |
[08:26] | This is easy for you. | 你倒是轻松 |
[08:27] | You’re the father of the boy. I’m the mother of the girl. | 你是男孩的父亲 我是女孩的母亲 |
[08:30] | If things get out of hand… | 如果事情失去控制 |
[08:34] | What is it you want from me? | 你要我做什么 |
[08:36] | Well, I want to know that I am not the only one | 我想确信我不是唯一一个 |
[08:40] | who’s worried about this. | 为此担心的人 |
[08:41] | And I want to know that if the two of them are over here, | 如果他们两个一起在你这里 |
[08:43] | they are gonna be supervised. | 我希望有人监督他们 |
[08:44] | And I really want you to stop looking at me like I’m crazy. | 别这样看着我 好像我是个疯子似的 |
[08:47] | The only reason I’m smiling is because | 我笑的唯一原因是 |
[08:49] | it’s practically irrelevant. | 那已经无关紧要了 |
[08:51] | I’ve sold the house. | 我已经把房子卖了 |
[08:53] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:55] | We’ll be moving at the end of the month. | 我们这个月底就搬家 |
[08:57] | You sold the house? | 你把房子卖了吗 |
[08:59] | – Zach… – Why didn’t you tell me about this? | -扎克 -你为什么不告诉我这事 |
[09:01] | I wanted to wait till it was official. | 我想等定了再说 |
[09:04] | You told me when I got back from Silvercrest | 我从银羽疗养院回来时 你告诉我说 |
[09:06] | that you’d reconsider. You lied to me. | 你会重新考虑 你骗了我 |
[09:06] | I think you need to take your medicine. | 我想你该吃药了 |
[09:08] | You think pumping me full of drugs is gonna keep me quiet? | 你以为拼命让我吃药 就能堵住我的嘴吗 |
[09:11] | – Upstairs! Now! – You don’t care about me! | -上楼去 现在就去 -你不关心我 |
[09:14] | You didn’t care about mom! | 你不关心妈妈 |
[09:16] | You know what? I wish she’d shot you instead. | 你知道吗 我真希望她是朝你开的枪 |
[09:28] | So you’re moving. | 那么 你们要搬家了 |
[09:30] | We’re all gonna miss you. | 我们大家都会想你们的 |
[09:33] | In the future, checklist means “is it in the car?” | 以后清单意味着”你带上它了吗” |
[09:36] | not like, “do you remember it”. | 而不是”你还记得它吗” |
[09:38] | The next morning, before Parker Scavo’s little league game | 第二天清晨 在帕克·斯加沃的小型联赛 |
[09:42] | had even begun… | 都还未开始之前 |
[09:43] | – Hurry! – I’m not the one that forgot my mitt. | -快点 -又不是我忘了带棒球手套 |
[09:47] | …A major player was about to be tagged out. | 一个主力队员就快被触杀出局了 |
[09:56] | I…I thought you guys were at… at practice. | 我以为你们在 训练 |
[09:59] | Oh, Parker, um, forgot his catcher’s mitt. | 帕克忘了带他的棒球手套 |
[10:04] | Ah… Lynette, this is Lois Mcdaniel. | 勒奈特 这位是洛易丝·麦丹妮 |
[10:08] | She’s one of my major suppliers in the area. | 她是我主要的供货商之一 |
[10:11] | She’s in paper products manufacturing. | 她是个纸制品制造商 |
[10:15] | Uh, it’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[10:17] | Nice to meet you. You have a lovely home. | 我也是 你的家很漂亮 |
[10:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:22] | Just working out, uh, some of these new contracts. | 我们 在制定一些新的合约 |
[10:26] | Hammering out some of the little things, the minor details. | 敲定一些细节方面的事 |
[10:29] | Overhead, shipping costs… | 管理费用 运费方面 |
[10:31] | Mommy, look what I found. | 妈妈 看我找到了什么 |
[10:37] | I’m sorry. These are mine. | 不好意思 这是我的 |
[10:40] | Thank you. They must have fallen out of my purse. | 谢谢 这肯定从我的包中掉出来了 |
[10:48] | Well, we don’t want to be late for the game. | 好吧 我们可不想比赛迟到 |
[10:50] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[11:06] | I’m not speaking to you. | 我不想和你说话 |
[11:08] | Didn’t like the settlement talks? | 财产分割谈得不合你心意吗 |
[11:11] | You only demanded the good china | 你要这些精美瓷器的唯一原因 |
[11:12] | because you know I love it. | 是因为你知道那是我的心头之好 |
[11:13] | You take our timeshare in Aspen | 你都独自享用阿斯彭那间度假屋了 |
[11:15] | and I’m vindictive? | 还说我心肠歹毒 |
[11:17] | You’ll hardly ever use that place. | 你几乎都没去过那地方 |
[11:19] | Hardly? How about never? | 几乎 我永远都不会去 |
[11:21] | Fine. When I move out, | 无所谓 等我搬出去之后 |
[11:22] | I’m gonna use your good china | 我要用你那些精美的瓷器 |
[11:23] | for takeout food. Yeah pizza, spare ribs. | 来放外卖 例如比萨和肋排 |
[11:26] | You know what, at our next settlement talks, | 下次的协商会面时 |
[11:28] | I plan on asking for your golf clubs. | 我打算要你的高尔夫球杆 |
[11:32] | Isn’t divorce fun? | 离婚很好玩吧 |
[11:37] | It’s time for your heart medication. | 吃心脏病药的时间到了 |
[11:41] | You know I meant what I said at that meeting. | 会面时我所说的一切都是认真的 |
[11:43] | I will fire my lawyer tomorrow. | 我明天就会解雇我的律师 |
[11:45] | – Just give me the word. – Sweetie, I think it’s too late. | -只要你一句话 -亲爱的 太迟了 |
[11:48] | – Why? – Because you were unfaithful. | -为什么 -因为你对我不忠 |
[11:51] | But if you could find a way to forgive me, | 但是如果你能想办法原谅我 |
[11:54] | If we could find the way to be happy, | 如果我们能重新找回快乐之道 |
[11:56] | wouldn’t you want that? | 难道你不想这样吗 |
[11:58] | You know what I really, truly want? Revenge. | 你知道我真正想要什么吗 复仇 |
[12:04] | I mean, if somehow we could level the playing field, | 如果我能够一报还一报 |
[12:06] | then, um, maybe I could find a way to come back. | 那也许 我还能原谅你 |
[12:09] | So what does that mean? You want to have an affair? | 这算什么意思 你也想有外遇 |
[12:17] | Ok. Uh, so who are we talking about here? | 好吧 是谁 |
[12:18] | Your dopey pharmacist? | 难道是你那迟钝的药剂师 |
[12:22] | Would that hurt you, Rex? | 你会难过吗 雷克斯 |
[12:24] | If I slept with another man? | 如果我和别的男人上床 |
[12:26] | It would devastate me. | 这会让我生不如死 |
[12:32] | – Here you go. – Bree, you… you can’t possibly… | -给你 -布里 你不能 |
[12:36] | Rex. Time to take your medicine. | 雷克斯 该吃药了 |
[12:58] | I got it! | 我来接 |
[13:13] | She doesn’t hate you. My mom just worries. | 我妈妈并不讨厌你 她只是有点担心 |
[13:16] | – She thinks I’m crazy. – No, she doesn’t. | -她把我当成疯子 -不 她没有 |
[13:20] | Well, maybe a little. | 好吧 也许有一点 |
[13:22] | You didn’t tell her what I told you, did you? | 你没有告诉她我和你说的事吧 |
[13:25] | About what happened to Dana? | 关于丹娜的 |
[13:27] | Zach, I can keep a secret. | 扎克 我能保守秘密的 |
[13:30] | I promise I will never tell her. | 我保证不会告诉她 |
[13:34] | What’s that noise? | 什么声音 |
[14:04] | Hi. What… what are you doing here? | 你在这儿干吗 |
[14:07] | I was walking outside and I saw you in the window. | 我刚巧经过 从窗外看见你 |
[14:09] | I was surprised. I never thought of you as a diner person. | 我很惊讶 我以为你从不外出用餐的 |
[14:13] | I’m not. The coffee’s just dreadful. | 没错 这里的咖啡太难喝了 |
[14:16] | Well, it’s late and I needed to get out of the house, | 天很晚了 我又很想出来走走 |
[14:20] | and it was the only place still open. | 这是唯一一家还开着的店 |
[14:24] | I didn’t mean to interrupt. | 我不是有意打扰你的 |
[14:30] | George? | 乔治 |
[14:34] | Would you like to join me for a dreadful cup of coffee? | 你想不想和我一起品尝这糟糕透顶的咖啡 |
[14:40] | It was my first week in college and I went to a… | 那是我大学刚开学一个礼拜 我去参加 |
[14:45] | a meeting of the young republicans | 一个由青年共和党人举办的座谈会 |
[14:46] | where Rex gave a speech. | 雷克斯在那场座谈会上发表了演说 |
[14:47] | And I went up to him afterward and introduced myself, | 演讲结束后 我走到他面前做自我介绍 |
[14:51] | told him I agreed with his stance on the death penalty. | 告诉他我同意他对死刑的看法 |
[14:54] | He took me out to a diner and, uh… | 他带我出去吃饭 |
[14:58] | We stayed up ’til two in the morning, | 我们一起谈到凌晨2点 |
[15:02] | talking about big government, | 我们探讨大政府的问题 |
[15:06] | gun control, and illegal immigration. | 枪械管制和非法移民 |
[15:09] | Uh, it was just… It was just such a magical night. | 那天晚上 一切都如同梦境般奇妙 |
[15:15] | And I knew by the time he got me back to my dorm, | 那天他送我回宿舍之后 我就知道 |
[15:19] | that one day I was gonna be Mrs. Rex van de kamp. | 终有一天我会成为雷克斯·范德坎普太太 |
[15:27] | And even now, after the betrayal, | 即使现在他背叛了我 |
[15:30] | I know that we’re supposed to be together. | 我仍觉得我们是命中注定的一对 |
[15:33] | But I don’t know how I can be with | 但我不知道该怎么和一个 |
[15:35] | someone I don’t trust. | 我不信任的人在一起 |
[15:37] | So, what are you gonna do? | 那么 你会怎么做 |
[15:42] | That I don’t know. | 我毫无头绪 |
[15:46] | What do you think I should do? | 你认为我该怎么做 |
[15:49] | – You’re asking me? – I should not have done that. I am… | -你问我 -我不该这么问的 |
[15:53] | No, it’s ok. | 不 没关系的 |
[15:55] | No, it’s not ok. | 不 有关系的 |
[15:55] | George, it was insensitive. | 乔治 那样太自私了 |
[15:57] | I know how you feel about me, and I… | 我知道你对我的感情 我还 |
[15:59] | Bree, I want to help. | 布里 让我帮忙吧 |
[16:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:08] | – So, does he love you? – Yes. | -那他爱你吗 -爱 |
[16:16] | Is he a good person? | 他是个好人吗 |
[16:19] | Aside from the adultery, yes. | 私通除外 是的 |
[16:21] | Well, then it’s easy. | 那就很简单了 |
[16:23] | If I could get a good person to love me, | 如果我能让一个好人来爱我 |
[16:27] | I would find a way to forgive them. | 那我就能想办法原谅他们 |
[16:32] | You are such a special man, George Williams. | 乔治·威廉姆斯 你真是个特别的人 |
[16:37] | And you deserve such a special woman. | 你值得拥有一个特别的女人 |
[16:40] | I think so. | 我也这么认为 |
[17:33] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[17:34] | I thought I’d eat this in my room. | 我想在房间里吃 |
[17:36] | The house isn’t that big, Rodney. | 罗德尼 这房子并不大 |
[17:38] | You’re gonna have to stop avoiding me. | 你不必再和我玩捉迷藏了 |
[17:42] | Ok, ok. Lois isn’t a supplier. | 好吧 洛易丝不是供应商 |
[17:46] | Really? | 真的 |
[17:48] | Yeah, and I want to apologize. | 是的 我很抱歉 |
[17:50] | I… I thought you and the kids were gonna be gone all afternoon. | 我以为你和孩子们一个下午都不在家 |
[17:54] | Is there anything I can do to make it up to you? | 我能做些什么来补偿你们 |
[17:57] | Well, for start is that you can wipe | 你可以先收起你脸上 |
[17:59] | that disgusting smirk off your face. | 那恶心又虚伪的笑容 |
[18:02] | Lynette… | 勒奈特 |
[18:03] | How could you do this to Allison? | 你怎么能这么对艾丽森 |
[18:06] | I don’t know. It happens a little bit at a time. | 我也不知道 这种事偶尔就会发生的 |
[18:10] | Years go by, the kids burn you out, | 年复一年 我被孩子们搞得精疲力尽 |
[18:12] | I’m on the road so much, | 而且我又经常出差 |
[18:13] | we just drifted apart. It’s complicated. | 我们之间的感情渐渐淡薄了 这很复杂 |
[18:15] | It’s not complicated. It’s completely irresponsible. | 并不复杂 你根本就是不负责任 |
[18:19] | For years, I have stayed married to a woman I don’t love, | 我和我不爱的女人维持了多年的婚姻关系 |
[18:22] | because I made a vow to god. | 就是因为我向上帝发过誓 |
[18:24] | So don’t talk to me about responsibilities. | 所以别和我说什么责任 |
[18:26] | So you take on this that you’re the victim? | 所以你认为自己是个受害者吗 |
[18:28] | I can see that we’re just going to have to agree to disagree. | 我想我们双方都该各自保留意见 |
[18:32] | We’re not done here. | 我们还没谈完呢 |
[18:33] | Yeah, we are. ’cause my sex life | 我们谈完了 因为我的性生活 |
[18:36] | is my own business, not yours. | 是我的私事 与你无关 |
[18:38] | And there’s nothing you can do about it, anyway. | 而且你也改变不了什么 |
[18:56] | – Dad? What are you doing? – I don’t want to talk about it. | -老爸 你在这里做什么 -我不想说 |
[19:02] | Talk about what, does Lynette know you’re out here? | 说什么 勒奈特知不知道你在外面 |
[19:04] | Oh, yeah. She knows. | 她一清二楚 |
[19:05] | – Can you drive me to the airport? – Wait here. | -你能送我去机场吗 -你等一下 |
[19:08] | – Lynette? – yeah? | -勒奈特 -什么事 |
[19:11] | Why is my dad sitting out on the curb? | 为什么我老爸坐在外面的路沿上 |
[19:16] | Because I kicked him out of the house. | 因为我把他扫地出门了 |
[19:18] | I… I see. You wanna tell me why? | 我看出来了 能告诉我原因吗 |
[19:20] | Hold on. I made you a drink. | 等一下 我为你调了杯饮料 |
[19:25] | Oh, god, what did he do? | 上帝啊 他做了什么 |
[19:29] | Yesterday I came home and I walked | 昨天我回到家里 正巧撞到了 |
[19:32] | in on your dad with a woman. | 你爸爸和一个女人在一起 |
[19:35] | He’s having an affair. I am so, so sorry. | 他有外遇了 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:39] | – God… – I know. I know. Are you ok? | -天哪 -我知道 你还好吗 |
[19:43] | Yeah. Um, I should go talk to him. | 还好 我该和他谈谈 |
[19:46] | – That’s it? – What? | -就这样吗 -什么 |
[19:48] | I just…I expected a bigger reaction. | 我只是 我以为你会有更大的反应 |
[19:51] | I’ve been sitting with knots in my stomach. | 我还一直坐立不安呢 |
[19:53] | Ok, I never mentioned this | 我从未提及此事 |
[19:54] | because I knew how you’d react. But, um… | 就是因为知道你会有这样的反应 |
[19:57] | I’m not that surprised by this. | 我对此并不感到惊奇 |
[20:01] | My father’s been having affairs for years. | 我爸爸有外遇已经好几年了 |
[20:06] | – You knew about this? – Yeah. Kinda. Yeah. | -你知道这事 -是啊 略知一二 |
[20:09] | I mean it was mostly in the past. | 我是说这都发生在过去 |
[20:11] | I didn’t know that he was still at it. | 我不知道他现在仍这样 |
[20:13] | I figured he was too old. | 我以为他太老了 |
[20:15] | In some strange way, I’m impressed. | 换个角度想想 他还真是有两下子呢 |
[20:17] | Impressed? Impressed? I… | 有两下子 我 |
[20:21] | Tom, Please, please don’t tell me you’re all right with this. | 汤姆 可别告诉我你觉得这事无所谓 |
[20:24] | I’m not. No, no. He should never have brought her here. | 我不是这意思 他就不该带那女人过来 |
[20:27] | No. He shouldn’t have been with her at all! | 才不是 是他们根本就不该在一起 |
[20:29] | I know. I know. But, you know, that’s who he is. | 我知道 但是他就是这么个人 |
[20:32] | I mean. It’s been going on for years. My mom’s made peace with it. | 他俩已经好多年了 我妈都不管了 |
[20:35] | I seriously doubt that. | 我才不信 |
[20:37] | Look, you know, there’s no point talking about this. | 我们这么说来说去都没用 |
[20:39] | I’m gonna go get my father. | 我这就去叫我爸 |
[20:41] | I’m gonna bring him back and I’m gonna put him in his room. | 看我去把他拎回房里来 |
[20:43] | And we can all cool off. | 而且我们都得冷静冷静 |
[20:44] | No. He is not coming back in this house. | 不行 他不准踏入这间房半步 |
[20:48] | – Yes, he is. – No, he’s not. | -他可以 -不 绝对不行 |
[20:50] | Lynette. He is my father, this is my house. | 勒奈特 他是我爸爸 这是我的房子 |
[20:54] | You can’t tell me what to do. | 你没权利指挥我 |
[20:59] | I say we kick the door down. | 听我的 我们现在就去把门踹开 |
[21:02] | Yeah, Dad, you do that. | 爸 你去吧 |
[21:03] | Let me know how that works out for you. | 我想看看你的下场呢 |
[21:15] | I don’t know if I have the right address. | 我不知道我找对地方了没有 |
[21:17] | Does John Rowland live here? | 约翰·罗兰住这儿吗 |
[21:21] | I’m really glad you came by. | 你能来我真高兴 |
[21:22] | I was gonna call you again tomorrow. | 我打算明天再给你打电话呢 |
[21:25] | Uh, yeah. I’m sorry I haven’t returned any of your calls. | 抱歉没回你的电话 |
[21:28] | It’s ok. I’m just happy to see you. | 没关系的 能见到你就好 |
[21:31] | I heard about Mr. Solis. | 我听说索利斯先生的事了 |
[21:33] | It sucks you had to take a job. | 你还要去找工作 这真是糟透了 |
[21:35] | Yeah. Well, you know me. I’ll survive. | 是啊 但你了解我的 我生命力顽强 |
[21:42] | Come here. | 过来 |
[21:54] | Oh, no… John… I didn’t come here for that. | 不 约翰 我不是为这个来找你的 |
[21:59] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[22:01] | Well. I heard you’re going full-time with your gardening business. | 我听说你要做全职园丁了 |
[22:03] | What happened to college? | 为什么不去上大学 |
[22:04] | – I decided not to go. – Why? | -我决定不去上学了 -为什么 |
[22:08] | Well, an opportunity has presented itself, | 天上掉馅饼 |
[22:11] | and for me to take advantage of it, | 我可得接住 |
[22:12] | I need to start making money. | 我得开始赚钱了 |
[22:15] | John, what opportunity is more important than college? | 约翰 什么馅饼比上大学还诱人 |
[22:20] | For the longest time, the only thing I had to offer you was my heart. | 长久以来 我能给你的只有我的爱 |
[22:24] | Mr. Solis gave you security and I couldn’t compete. | 索利斯先生给你的安全感 是我没法比拟的 |
[22:27] | But now he can’t offer you that. | 但现在他什么也给不了你了 |
[22:29] | And I can. | 是靠我的时候了 |
[22:30] | My business is taking off. | 我的事业就要起飞了 |
[22:31] | I can take care of you. We can finally be together. | 我有能力照顾你 我们终于能在一起了 |
[22:42] | Mrs. Solis, | 索利斯夫人 |
[22:48] | will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[22:55] | Please. Why also do you want to chaperone the dance? | 坦白吧 你怎么也愿意去伴舞 |
[22:58] | Mrs. Van de kamp needed volunteers. She begged me. | 范德坎普夫人需要志愿者 她来求我的 |
[23:01] | You’re so transparent. | 我一眼就看穿你在说谎 |
[23:04] | Anyway, you won’t even know I’m there. | 不管怎么说 我会很没有存在感的 |
[23:07] | Well, not too much. | 起码不会很有的 |
[23:10] | Julie. You know you can tell me anything. right? | 朱莉 你知道你对我可以毫无保留的 |
[23:12] | Yeah, Mom. | 我知道 妈 |
[23:13] | So if you had a problem, | 所以你要是被什么烦恼 |
[23:15] | or some sort of secret was weighing on you…? | 或者小秘密困扰着的话 |
[23:18] | Of course. I tell you everything. | 保证告诉你 毫无隐瞒 |
[23:29] | I can’t believe you’re just uprooting us like this. | 我真不敢相信 你会就那样拆散我们 |
[23:32] | We need a fresh start. | 看起来得重新系了 |
[23:35] | Here. You wanna get it about like this. | 我来 要这样系 |
[23:40] | So many bad things have happened around here. | 最近这儿发生了太多不好的事 |
[23:43] | And finally I have someone I can talk to | 而我终于找到了一个可以倾诉的人 |
[23:45] | and you want to take that away. | 你却要把她夺走 |
[23:47] | – You mean Julie? – Yeah. | -你是指朱莉吗 -是 |
[23:49] | What bad things do you talk to her about? | 你都跟她说了什么不好的事 |
[23:52] | – Do you talk about your mother? – Yeah… And other stuff. | -说你妈妈的事吗 -还有别的 |
[23:56] | Like what? | 比如说什么 |
[23:58] | Zach. Like what? | 扎克 比如什么 |
[24:02] | Dad, this is what I’ve been trying to talk to you about. | 爸 这也是我一直想和你谈的 |
[24:09] | Ever since mom died, I’ve, I’ve started to remember things. | 自从妈妈死后 我开始回忆起一些事 |
[24:13] | Just quick flashes from when I was little. | 脑海里闪现小时候的场景 |
[24:15] | Nice and taut, like this. | 像这样 漂亮又牢固 |
[24:19] | What kind of things? | 什么样的事 |
[24:23] | Lots of blood. Mom screaming. | 到处都是血 妈妈在惊叫 |
[24:30] | And Dana. | 还有丹娜 |
[24:33] | I remember killing Dana. | 我回忆起是我杀了丹娜 |
[24:37] | You… Told this to Julie? | 你 把这事告诉了朱莉吗 |
[24:41] | I trust her. | 我信任她 |
[24:43] | Did she tell her mother? | 她告诉她妈妈了吗 |
[24:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:51] | Start from the beginning. | 从头开始 |
[24:53] | I want you to tell me everything that you told Julie. | 把你告诉朱莉的事给我完完整整复述一遍 |
[25:12] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[25:14] | Oh, well, I was going to give it to you, | 我本来想送给你 |
[25:17] | but I saw the other girls weren’t wearing flowers. | 但是我看其他女孩都没带花 |
[25:20] | I guess it’s not that kind of dance. | 我猜这应该不是那种带花的舞会 |
[25:23] | If you don’t want to stand out, I’d understand. | 要是你不想太引人注意的话 我能理解 |
[25:27] | I like standing out. | 我喜欢引人注意 |
[25:53] | What’s Paul doing here? | 保罗怎么在这儿 |
[25:55] | Oh, he’s chaperoning. He called a couple of hours ago and volunteered. | 在伴舞 几小时前他主动打电话报名的 |
[25:59] | – Really? – Why? What’s wrong? | -真的吗 -有什么不对吗 |
[26:01] | The other day, he couldn’t have cared less about Julie and Zach dating. | 那天他一点不在乎朱莉和扎克交往的事 |
[26:04] | And now all of a sudden he shows up at the dance? | 但现在却突然出席舞会 |
[26:06] | Maybe he’s trying to be supportive. | 他可能只想表示支持 |
[26:08] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[26:19] | Dr. Van de kamp. | 范德坎普医生 |
[26:20] | Hello. Geogre. My cardiologist just phoned in a prescription. | 乔治 我的心脏病医生刚传了个药方来 |
[26:23] | Oh, right, right. I’ve got it here somewhere. | 是啊是啊 我应该就放这儿了 |
[26:28] | So, have you seen Bree lately? | 最近见过布里吗 |
[26:31] | Yeah. I ran into her last night on Maple Avenue. | 昨晚在马普大道上碰到过 |
[26:33] | We had a nice talk. | 我们聊的很愉快 |
[26:36] | That’s all you did? Just talked? | 就这些吗 说说话而已 |
[26:39] | We’re just friends. Dr. Van de kamp. Nothing more. | 范德坎普医生 我们不过是朋友 别误会 |
[26:42] | That’s good to hear. | 那就好 |
[26:45] | You know if you ever do get a vibe from Bree, | 要是你觉得布里暗示 |
[26:47] | that she’s interested in more than just friendship. | 她感兴趣的不只是友情 |
[26:50] | I’d be careful if I were you. | 如果我是你的话我就小心点 |
[26:52] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[26:54] | I just want you to know that she’d only | 我不过想告诉你 |
[26:56] | be using you to even the score with me. | 她只是在利用你报复我 |
[26:59] | Don’t fall for it. | 别上当了 |
[27:01] | Bree would never do anything like that. She’s a lady. | 布里绝做不出这样的事 她可是个淑女 |
[27:05] | Exactly. A very beautiful, classy lady. | 完全正确 一个美丽而且高雅的淑女 |
[27:09] | Remember, they tend to end up with doctors. | 记住 淑女最终都会选医生 |
[27:12] | Not pharmacists. | 而不是药剂师 |
[27:19] | Bree is very beautiful. And very classy. | 布里确实是很漂亮 也很高雅 |
[27:22] | But she’s not very perceptive. | 但是她可不太会观察人 |
[27:25] | For instance, she thinks you’re a good person. | 比如说她竟然觉得你是个好人 |
[27:28] | And it’s now very clear to me, you aren’t. | 但现在我看得一清二楚 你根本不是 |
[27:36] | I’d like my prescription now, George. | 给我药 乔治 |
[27:49] | I can’t seem to find it. | 好像找不到了 |
[27:51] | I guess I’ll have to have it delivered. | 我想我得迟点寄过去给你了 |
[27:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:55] | No, thank you. | 不 该谢谢你 |
[28:45] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[28:46] | Did you notice they’re playing a classic? | 发现了吗 他们在放老歌 |
[28:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:52] | Care to dance? | 愿意跳支舞吗 |
[28:58] | I’d love to. | 很乐意 |
[29:10] | I have a little confession to make. | 我有点事要坦白 |
[29:14] | I’ve been so concerned about Julie lately, | 我最近对朱莉有点过度关心 |
[29:16] | that I sort of eavesdropped on her the other day, | 以至于我那天不小心听到 |
[29:19] | while she was having a phone conversation with Zach. | 她和扎克打电话 |
[29:23] | Really? | 是吗 |
[29:25] | They were having an interesting conversation. | 他俩的谈话内容很有趣 |
[29:28] | About? | 关于什么 |
[29:30] | Zach was telling Julie about what happened to Dana. | 扎克在跟朱莉讲丹娜的事 |
[29:35] | – Was he now? – Yes. | -是吗 -对 |
[29:40] | – How much did you hear? – Everything. | -你听到了多少 -全部 |
[29:49] | You realize it was an accident. | 你也觉得那是意外吧 |
[29:53] | Oh, of course. I assumed as much. | 当然 我估计就是 |
[29:56] | He didn’t mean to kill Dana. | 他没想杀了丹娜 |
[30:00] | He was practically a baby himself. | 当时他自己也还是个孩子 |
[30:03] | He didn’t understand what he was doing. | 根本不知道自己做了什么 |
[30:06] | No, of course he didn’t. | 对 他肯定不知道 |
[30:07] | So… What happened exactly? | 那其实是怎么回事 |
[30:12] | Mary Alice and I never really knew. | 玛丽·艾莉丝和我永远也没机会发现了 |
[30:16] | We heard the baby screaming. | 我们听到了婴儿惊叫 |
[30:18] | When we got up to the crib, it was too late. | 但等我们起床跑到婴儿床那里 一切都晚了 |
[30:21] | Paul, I am so sorry. | 保罗 我很遗憾 |
[30:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:31] | So you and Mary Alice just kept | 所以你和玛丽·艾莉丝这些年来 |
[30:34] | this to yourselves all these years? | 一直保守着这个秘密吗 |
[30:36] | It was a very dark chapter in our lives. | 这算是我俩人生里最灰暗的章节 |
[30:40] | We preferred not to relive it. | 我们不想再提起 |
[30:42] | It was also a private family matter. | 而且也是我家的家务事 |
[30:45] | I’d appreciate your discretion. | 希望你别声张出去 |
[30:56] | Sure. | 当然 |
[31:11] | – Did you have a good time? – Yeah, I did. | -玩的尽兴吗 -不错 |
[31:15] | It was great. | 非常不错 |
[31:22] | Look, I want you to know that I’m really sorry I talked to Julie. | 很抱歉我告诉了朱莉 |
[31:26] | But she promised not to say anything to her mom. | 但她答应过不告诉她妈妈 |
[31:29] | It’s ok. I handled Susan. | 没关系 苏珊那边我会处理 |
[31:32] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:34] | But we need to talk about these | 但我们还是得谈谈 |
[31:36] | things that you think you remember. | 关于那些你觉得你记得的事情 |
[31:38] | They’re not true. | 他们不是真的 |
[31:41] | How can they not be true? | 怎么可能不是真的 |
[31:44] | Memories lie, Zach. | 扎克 记忆也会撒谎 |
[31:48] | You didn’t kill anyone. | 你没杀任何人 |
[31:55] | Dana is very much alive. | 丹娜还活的好好的 |
[32:14] | – Hi. What are you doing here? – Where is it? | -你在这儿干什么 -它在哪儿 |
[32:17] | – What? – The ring. My grandmother’s ring. | -什么 -戒指 我祖母的戒指 |
[32:21] | John caught me off guard. | 约翰趁我没注意的时候塞给我的 |
[32:23] | I’m going to give back the ring. | 我正打算把戒指还回去 |
[32:24] | Well, you’d better. | 你最好那么做 |
[32:27] | Because make no mistake, if you try to ruin my son’s life, | 听清了 如果你毁了我儿子的生活 |
[32:30] | I will ruin yours. | 我就毁了你的 |
[32:32] | Helen! Ok, go to the car. Come on, please. Just… Please. | 海伦 上车去 快点 拜托 |
[32:41] | Obviously, I’m not leaving my husband and marrying John. | 很明显 我不会离开我丈夫嫁给约翰的 |
[32:46] | I think that’s wise. | 我觉得这很明智 |
[32:48] | I’ll talk to John tomorrow and give back the ring. | 我会跟约翰谈谈然后把戒指还给他 |
[32:51] | Good, good. Um… We appreciate everything you’ve done. | 好 很好 非常感谢你为我们所做的事 |
[32:56] | Hey, Bob, I get why she’s so angry with me. | 鲍勃 我知道她为什么这么生我气 |
[33:01] | But what I don’t get is why you’re so nice. | 但我不明白你为什么对我这么和蔼 |
[33:04] | Well, John’s a big boy. | 约翰是个大孩子了 |
[33:06] | Whatever happened between the two of you | 不论你们之间发生了什么事情 |
[33:09] | was his mistake as much as yours. | 他和你都负有等同的责任 |
[33:12] | I guess. I understand if, uh, | 也许吧 如果你有点讨厌我的话 |
[33:16] | if you hate me just a little. | 我也能理解 |
[33:29] | When I was a kid, I always played by the rules. | 当我还是个孩子的时候 就循规蹈矩 |
[33:33] | I never cheated on a test. | 从没在考试时作弊 |
[33:36] | Never even missed a curfew. | 从没在宵禁后回家 |
[33:38] | But I can’t help but think how wonderful it would have been | 但我总是在想 如果能像你这样犯个错 |
[33:46] | to have made at least one mistake like you. | 那会是多么的美妙 |
[33:50] | That’s… sweet. You… You’re very sweet. | 那真是 很贴心 你真是好人 |
[33:54] | Well, I’m a little sweet. | 我只是有一点好而已 |
[33:59] | Mostly I’m just middle-aged. | 大体上说 我只是人到中年了 |
[34:21] | Are you ok? | 你还好吗 |
[34:22] | I know this is a lot to digest all at once. | 我知道你可能一下子接受不了 |
[34:26] | I’m fine. I’m just happy you finally told me the truth. | 我没事 很高兴你终于告诉了我实情 |
[34:32] | One thing, though. Why are you telling me all this now? | 还有一件事 为什么你要现在告诉我这些 |
[34:37] | I couldn’t let you think you killed someone. | 我不想让你觉得自己杀了人 |
[34:41] | No one should carry that kind of burden. | 没人应该承受这样的心理负担 |
[34:44] | You didn’t want me running my mouth. | 你不想让我乱说 |
[34:46] | That’s not what it’s about. | 不是那样的 |
[34:47] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[34:52] | I won’t tell anyone. I’ll keep your secret. | 我不会告诉任何人 我会保守你的秘密 |
[34:58] | – Dad? – Thank you. | -爸爸 -谢谢你 |
[35:02] | But we’re not moving. | 但我们不会搬家了 |
[35:06] | That’s out of the question. | 那不可能 |
[35:10] | I’m not leaving Julie. | 我不会离开朱莉的 |
[35:11] | And if you want my support, that’s the deal. | 如果你希望我帮你 那这就是条件 |
[35:15] | – And if I refuse? – You won’t. | -如果我拒绝呢 -你不会的 |
[35:32] | So here’s the thing. I feel really awful about how I acted before. | 是这样的 我觉得我之前做的事太过分了 |
[35:37] | You threw me out of my own house. | 你把我从我自己的房子里赶出来 |
[35:40] | I overreacted. I know. I’m sorry. | 我反应过激了 我明白 我很抱歉 |
[35:45] | Look, I know you love my mom. | 听着 我知道你爱我妈妈 |
[35:48] | But how she decides to live her life is just… | 但是现在 她要怎么过自己的生活 |
[35:52] | It’s entirely up to her. | 这完全取决于她自己 |
[35:54] | You’re right. You’re right. | 你说的对 你是对的 |
[35:56] | I guess i just got so upset because… | 我猜我刚才这么激动是因为 |
[36:00] | Oh, whatever. Let’s not beat a dead horse. | 不管怎么样 这事儿算过去了 |
[36:04] | It’s over. I’m sorry. Good night. | 结束了 我很抱歉 晚安 |
[36:12] | Ok. Get it off your chest. | 好 敞开说吧 |
[36:15] | You knew he was having a affair and it didn’t bother you. | 你知道他有外遇 却没觉得有什么大不了的 |
[36:18] | And that worries me because if you can condone something like that, | 这让我担心 如果你能容忍这种事 |
[36:23] | then what’s gonna happen when you’ve been on the road for 40 years? | 那这样下去 40年之后你会是什么样 |
[36:28] | Lynette, I’m not my father. | 勒奈特 我不是我父亲 |
[36:31] | I know. Of course. You’re not your father. | 我知道 你当然不是你父亲 |
[36:41] | And just so we’re absolutely clear, | 那么就很明确了 |
[36:44] | I am definitely not your mother. | 我也绝对不是你母亲 |
[36:46] | Because if you ever betray me, I will leave you. | 因为如果你背叛了我 我就会离开你 |
[36:49] | I will take the kids, and you will never see any of us again. | 我会把孩子带走 你永远都不会再见到我们 |
[36:55] | Glad to get that off my chest. Thank you. I love you. | 都说出来了真不错 谢谢你 我爱你 |
[37:09] | – Couldn’t sleep, huh? – No. | -睡不着 -是的 |
[37:11] | Me either. | 我也睡不着 |
[37:13] | I’m sorry about the ruckus I caused. | 我很抱歉 把你家搞乱了 |
[37:17] | It’s ok. I’m not… I’m not upset about that. | 没事 我不是 我不是因为那个 |
[37:21] | – No? – No. | -不是吗 -不是 |
[37:25] | What’s wrong? | 那怎么了 |
[37:29] | There’s something Lynette doesn’t know. | 有些勒奈特不知道的事 |
[37:32] | Something that I did. | 我做出来的事 |
[37:34] | And I don’t know what’s gonna happen if she ever finds out. | 我不知道她发现后会怎么样 |
[37:43] | The next morning, Gabrielle returned | 第二天早上 加布里尔把订婚戒指 |
[37:46] | the engagement ring to her former lover. | 还给了她的前任情人 |
[37:48] | A gesture that was met with | 她目睹了一项 |
[37:51] | measured enthusiasm. | 很极端的行为 |
[37:53] | – Please, calm down. – This doesn’t make any sense. | -拜托 冷静点 -这根本不是理由 |
[37:56] | You love me. | 你是爱我的 |
[37:57] | – I know you love me. – Love isn’t enough. | -我知道你爱我 -光是爱还不够 |
[37:59] | Where would we live? Here? | 我们住哪儿 这里吗 |
[38:00] | The only decoration in the bathroom is a bong. | 洗手间里唯一的家具就是根水管 |
[38:03] | We could get our own place. | 我们会有自己的房子的 |
[38:05] | You’re barely making minimum wage. | 你甚至连最低薪水都还赚不到 |
[38:07] | We’d be poor at first. But we’d be happy. | 一开始的时候我们会很穷 但是我们很开心 |
[38:10] | I’ve tried “poor but happy”. | 我尝试过”穷并开心着” |
[38:12] | Guess what? I wasn’t that happy. | 你猜怎么着 我根本就不开心 |
[38:14] | But Mr. Solis is going to jail. | 但是索利斯先生就要坐牢了 |
[38:16] | You want to stick around for that? | 你想一直等着他吗 |
[38:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:19] | You know, every once in a while even I want to do the right thing. | 有时候即使是我 也想做出正确的选择 |
[38:24] | Mrs. Solis, I love you so much. | 索利斯太太 我是如此的爱你 |
[38:27] | I mean, doesn’t that mean anything to you? | 我是说 难道这对你来说没有任何意义吗 |
[38:34] | Honestly? No. | 说实话吗 没有 |
[38:37] | John, you’re a toy. | 约翰 你就是个玩物 |
[38:39] | A sweet dumb toy. | 一个可爱的傻傻的玩具 |
[38:40] | So you might as well go to college, | 你最好还是去上大学吧 |
[38:42] | because you and me, no future. | 因为你和我 是没有未来的 |
[38:54] | Mrs. Mayer. Hey, is Julie home? | 梅尔太太 朱莉在家吗 |
[38:56] | She’s in the shower. | 她在洗澡 |
[38:59] | Well, I just came by to give her some good news. | 我就是过来告诉她点儿好消息 |
[39:02] | What’s that? | 什么好消息 |
[39:05] | It turns out my that my dad and I aren’t moving after all. | 我和我父亲最后还是不打算搬家了 |
[39:08] | – What? – He reconsidered. | -什么 -他改变主意了 |
[39:10] | So I guess we’re gonna keep living across the street. | 所以我猜我们还会住在街对面 |
[39:14] | Ok. Wow. Um… | 好吧 |
[39:19] | You know, uh, can you sit down? I… I need to talk to you. | 你能坐下吗 我 我得跟你谈谈 |
[39:34] | Did you know that Julie is the first girl I ever gave a flower to? | 你知道朱莉是第一个我送花的女孩吗 |
[39:38] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的 -当然 |
[39:41] | Yeah, I… I really like her, Mrs. Mayer. | 真的 梅尔太太 我真的很喜欢她 |
[39:44] | Zach, um… | 扎克 |
[39:48] | Julie is only 14 years old. | 朱莉才14岁 |
[39:50] | And sometimes girls, when they’re that age, | 当女孩们在这个年龄的时候 |
[39:54] | they just don’t always make the right decisions. | 她们做的决定并不一定正确 |
[39:57] | As her mother, it is my responsibility to protect her. | 作为她的母亲 我有责任去保护她 |
[40:02] | You want to protect her from me? | 你想要她跟我保持距离 |
[40:06] | No, I… I just… | 不 我 我只是 |
[40:10] | I think that you should slow things down. | 我觉得你该慢慢来 |
[40:12] | I… I… I want you to not see her for a while. | 我 我希望这段时间你别来找她 |
[40:18] | No. | 不 |
[40:20] | – No? – You’re not taking her away from me. | -不 -你不能让她跟我保持距离 |
[40:24] | I know being dramatic is the birthright of every teenager, | 我知道意气用事是年轻人的专利 |
[40:27] | but come on. | 但是冷静点 |
[40:29] | Why are you laughing? Do you think this is funny? | 你笑什么 你觉得很好笑吗 |
[40:34] | Thank you, Zach, you have just made this really easy for me. | 扎克 你敢这么做 那我反倒好办了 |
[40:37] | You are forbidden from seeing or talking to Julie ever again. | 我禁止你再靠近朱莉 也不能再和她说话 |
[40:41] | If you come within ten feet of her, | 如果你胆敢出现在她身边十英尺以内 |
[40:43] | I will have you arrested. Now get out. | 我就叫警察抓你 现在给我滚 |
[41:13] | Sooner or later the time comes | 早晚有一天 |
[41:15] | when we all must become responsible adults… | 我们都会成为有责任感的成年人 |
[41:21] | …and learn to give up what we want, | 学会放弃我们的欲望 |
[41:25] | so we can choose to do what is right. | 并做出正确的选择 |
[41:32] | Of course, a lifetime of responsibility isn’t always easy. | 当然 负责任地过一生绝非易事 |
[41:43] | And as the years go on, | 随着时间的流逝 |
[41:46] | it’s a burden that can | 对有些人而言 |
[41:48] | become too heavy for some to bear. | 这会成为生命中难以承受的重量 |
[41:50] | But still we try to do what is best, | 但我们仍会尽力做那些好的事 |
[41:54] | what is good, not only for ourselves. | 那些对的事 不仅为了我们自己 |
[41:58] | but for those we love. | 也为了我们所爱的人 |
[42:07] | I’m glad you came. | 我很高兴你能来 |
[42:10] | Zach, I can’t stay long. | 扎克 我不能待太久 |
[42:12] | If my mom catches me, she’ll freak. | 如果被我妈发现的话 她会抓狂的 |
[42:14] | Come here. | 过来 |
[42:21] | She said I can’t see you anymore. | 她说我不能再见你了 |
[42:24] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[42:26] | I’m not sure. | 我也不知道 |
[42:32] | Yes, sooner of later, | 是的 总有一天 |
[42:35] | we must all become responsible adults. | 我们会成为有责任感的成年人 |
[42:38] | No one knows this better than the young. | 没人比年轻人更清楚这一点了 |