时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | The boys are in my class because | 你儿子之所以在我班里 |
[00:05] | I’m the only teacher who can handle them. | 是因为我是唯一能管得住他们的老师 |
[00:07] | We may no longer be able to accommodate them. | 我们只好让他们转学 |
[00:09] | Ultimatums were made. | 有人下了最后通牒 |
[00:11] | She used this to kill herself. Why would you keep it? | 你为什么还留着她自杀用的枪 |
[00:14] | Questions were asked. | 有人提出质疑 |
[00:16] | – Are you ok? – I think he’s hiding something. | -你没事吧 -我想他有所隐瞒 |
[00:19] | And lots of evidence was uncovered. | 有人发现了证据 |
[00:23] | What is it you hired me to do? | 你雇我来做什么 |
[00:25] | Someone sent that note to my wife. | 有人写了那张纸条给我妻子 |
[00:27] | I need to know who. | 我需要知道是谁 |
[00:28] | You like Alfred Hitchcock? | 你喜欢看希区柯克的电影吗 |
[00:30] | I found it in the ruins of Edie’s home. | 我在伊迪家的废墟中发现的 |
[00:33] | I found it under our bed. It’s not mine. | 我在床底下发现的 这不是我的 |
[00:35] | Talk about dirty laundry. | 秘密差点曝光 |
[00:44] | Every neighborhood has a woman like Alberta Frome. | 每个社区都有像亚伯达·弗罗姆这样的女士 |
[00:47] | And every woman like Mrs. Frome has a cat. | 而这样的女士 都养了一只猫 |
[00:51] | When she traveled, | 当她外出旅行 |
[00:53] | Mrs. Frome would arrange for friends | 弗罗姆夫人就委托朋友 |
[00:55] | to look after her beloved pet. | 来照顾她心爱的宠物 |
[00:57] | This time, however, she was forced | 然而 这一次 她不得不 |
[01:00] | to ask her neighbor, Susan Mayer. | 拜托她的邻居 苏珊·梅尔 |
[01:03] | Mrs. Frome liked Susan. | 弗罗姆夫人是喜欢苏珊的 |
[01:06] | But it was common knowledge on Wisteria Lane, | 但紫藤郡的居民都知道 |
[01:08] | where Susan Mayer went, bad luck was sure to follow. | 无论苏珊走到哪 霉运一定会跟来 |
[01:13] | Her misfortunes ranged from the commonplace… | 她的不走运 有的很平常 |
[01:17] | …to the unusual… | 有的非比寻常 |
[01:22] | …to the truly bizarre. | 有的着实荒唐 |
[01:28] | As she waved goodbye, she worried | 当她挥手告别时 她就开始担心 |
[01:31] | that Susan’s bad luck would continue. | 苏珊的霉运会延续下去 |
[01:34] | For that matter, so did her cat. | 进而 殃及她的猫 |
[01:42] | Mr. Whiskers. Dinner time. | 胡子先生 吃晚饭啦 |
[01:46] | Here, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty. | 过来 小猫咪 小猫咪 小猫咪 |
[01:50] | That’s weird. Cats can’t open drawers, can they? | 真奇怪 猫不会自己开抽屉吧 |
[01:55] | – Are you sure you didn’t leave them open? – No way. | -你确定不是你打开的吧 -不可能 |
[01:59] | Wow. Do you think somebody broke in? | 是有人闯进来过吗 |
[02:07] | Mr. Whiskers? | 胡子先生 |
[02:19] | Mr. Whiskers? | 胡子先生 |
[02:22] | Though she didn’t know it at the time, | 其实她并不知道 |
[02:24] | Susan’s luck… had finally started to change. | 自己终于要时来运转了 |
[03:11] | News that an intruder had breached | 有人入侵紫藤郡的消息 |
[03:13] | the security of Wisteria Lane | 向野火燎原一样 |
[03:15] | spread like wildfire. | 传遍全镇 |
[03:17] | At a neighborhood watch meeting the next night, | 在第二天的邻里治安大会上 |
[03:20] | residents voiced their concerns | 居民们对他们所面临 |
[03:22] | over the increasing dangers their community faced. | 与日俱增的危险 表达了他们的担心 |
[03:26] | Mrs. Ida Grenberg said | 艾达·格兰伯格夫人说 |
[03:28] | someone was looking through her bathroom window | 每次她洗澡的时候 都有人 |
[03:30] | whenever she took a shower. | 透过她浴室的窗户偷看 |
[03:32] | Bob Fisk warned those present that a government agency | 鲍勃·菲斯克提醒大家 某政府机构 |
[03:36] | was listening in on their phone conversations. | 正在监听他们的电话 |
[03:38] | Helen Vale spoke of a ruthless local tenage gang | 海伦·威尔提到 当地有一群少年帮 |
[03:42] | that had egged her minivan. | 向她的小货车上扔鸡蛋 |
[03:45] | Three factors contribute to… | 有三个因素引起了 |
[03:48] | The evening concluded with | 当晚 汤姆森警官为大家 |
[03:50] | Officer Thompson offering safety tips | 提供了一些安全防范建议 |
[03:51] | and a plan of action. | 和应对措施 |
[03:54] | …The oppoutunity you have some control over. | 你们要有所掌控 |
[03:56] | You can sign up for daily or nightly patrols, | 你们可以报名参加白天或夜里的巡逻队 |
[03:59] | which might seem like overkill, | 也许这有点反应过激 |
[04:01] | but I guarantee regular surveillance will deter | 但是我保证 日常监视能有效制止 |
[04:03] | even the most determined criminal. | 哪怕是最穷凶极恶的罪犯 |
[04:06] | Are there any other questions? | 还有什么问题吗 |
[04:08] | All right. Let’s be careful out there. | 很好 大家小心 |
[04:14] | Actually, I do have a question. Do you have a second? | 我有个问题 您有时间吗 |
[04:16] | Sure. How can I help? | 当然 有什么能帮忙的 |
[04:18] | Um… I’m the one who discovered the break-in. | 是我发现有人闯入的 |
[04:20] | – I think I found some evidence. – Evidence? | -我想我找到了一些证据 -证据 |
[04:23] | This is a screwdriver left behind by the burglar. | 这是窃贼留下的螺丝刀 |
[04:25] | I didn’t touch it. | 我没碰过它 |
[04:28] | Why didn’t you give this to the investigators? | 你为什么不把这个交给警方 |
[04:31] | I tried and they sort of laughed at me. | 我试过了 可他们笑话我 |
[04:33] | Because apparently nothing was taken from Mrs. Frome’s house. | 因为弗罗姆夫人家里什么都没丢 |
[04:35] | I apologize for that. That was totally unprofessional. | 我替他们道歉 这太不专业了 |
[04:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:41] | So you think it should be dusted for prints? | 你会拿去提取指纹吗 |
[04:43] | – Yes. And I’ll make sure it gets done. – Great. | -是的 我保证会认真处理的 -太好了 |
[04:49] | Bye. | 再见 |
[04:56] | Boys, stop it! Go to bed! | 孩子们 别闹了 该睡觉了 |
[04:59] | – We’re not tired! – Well, at least go upstairs. | -我们不困 -至少先上楼去 |
[05:02] | – We want to play! – Look! | -我们还想玩 -瞧这儿 |
[05:07] | Gimme! | 给我 |
[05:09] | Go! Go! | 去吧 去吧 |
[05:16] | So why weren’t you sitting with Mike? | 你为什么没跟麦克坐在一起 |
[05:18] | I thought you two were an item. | 我以为你们俩已经是一对了 |
[05:20] | I sort of thought so too. | 我也这么想过 |
[05:21] | Getting a lot of mixed signals. | 他态度暧昧不明 |
[05:23] | I’ll tell you who wasn’t giving mixed signals. | 我来告诉你 谁的态度很明确 |
[05:25] | Sexy officer Thompson. | 那性感的汤姆森警官 |
[05:27] | He stared at you all night. | 他盯着你看了一晚上 |
[05:29] | You noticed that? | 你注意到了 |
[05:29] | Honey, trust me, | 亲爱的 相信我 |
[05:31] | when they’re not staring at me, I notice. | 当他们看的不是我时 我都能注意到 |
[05:33] | I appreciate you guys staying and helping. | 很感激你们留下来帮忙 |
[05:36] | Oh, please. I would have hosted it myself | 没事 要不是家里堆满了野营用具 |
[05:38] | but there’s camping equipment everywhere. | 今晚就在我家办了 |
[05:41] | It’s nice of you. | 你人真好 |
[05:43] | And there’s something else nice | 我还有点别的事 |
[05:45] | that I’d like you to do. | 想找你帮忙 |
[05:46] | Your kids both went to Barcliff Academy, didn’t they? | 你的孩子都上过巴克利学校吧 |
[05:50] | We need you to recommend Porter and Preston. | 我们想请你引荐波特和普雷斯顿 |
[05:52] | We can’t get an interview. | 我们得不到面试的机会 |
[05:54] | You want me to recommend the twins? | 你想让我来引荐双胞胎 |
[05:56] | Yes. You can tell them | 是啊 你可以告诉他们 |
[05:58] | how beautifully behaved the boys are. | 这俩孩子表现得多好 |
[05:59] | – So you want me to lie? – Yeah. | -你想让我撒谎 -是啊 |
[06:01] | I thought that was understood. | 我以为你会理解的 |
[06:03] | I’m very well respected at Barcliff, | 我在巴克利很受尊重 |
[06:05] | and my word won’t be good there any more. | 如果引荐了他们 我的话以后就没分量了 |
[06:08] | Yes, but by the time they realize | 但是等他们意识到 |
[06:10] | their mistake, we’ll be in. | 这个错误时 我们已经入学了 |
[06:12] | You’re not having any more kids. What do you care? | 你不会再生孩子了 还担心什么呢 |
[06:15] | I had hoped some day to | 我还想着有一天 |
[06:17] | get my grandchildren into Barcliff. | 让我孙子进巴克利呢 |
[06:19] | But I suppose that doesn’t matter to you, does it? | 我想你不会介意的吧 |
[06:21] | It really doesn’t. | 真没什么关系 |
[06:23] | We’ve got to get rid of it. | 我们得把它扔了 |
[06:26] | – I said leave it alone! – No! You can’t stop me! | -我说别管它 -不 你不准阻止我 |
[06:30] | Paul and Zach are fighting again. | 保罗和扎克又吵起来了 |
[06:32] | The second time this week. | 这礼拜第二次了 |
[06:33] | They never fought when Mary Alice was alive. | 玛丽·艾莉丝活着的时候 他们从不吵架 |
[06:36] | It’s a shame. They used to be such a happy family. | 真可惜 他们曾是那么幸福的一家 |
[06:39] | Just because you didn’t hear them fighting, | 你听不到他们吵架 |
[06:41] | doesn’t mean they were happy. | 并不代表他们很幸福 |
[06:49] | null | 谨防入侵 |
[06:51] | The next day, as residents | 第二天 当居民们 |
[06:53] | began to patrol Wisteria Lane | 开始在紫藤郡巡逻 |
[06:55] | in the hopes of foiling potential burglars, | 以期能制止潜在的窃贼 |
[06:59] | Gabrielle was about to experience | 加布丽尔正要面临 |
[07:01] | a home invasion of her own. | 一起家人的入侵 |
[07:07] | Mama Solis! What are you doing here? | 索利斯妈妈 你怎么来了 |
[07:11] | I came to visit my son and daughter-in-law. | 我来看我儿子和儿媳妇 |
[07:13] | What does it look like? | 不然你以为呢 |
[07:15] | Does Carlos know you’re coming? | 卡洛斯知道你要来吗 |
[07:17] | No. He likes to be surprised. | 不 他喜欢惊喜 |
[07:21] | Now come. | 过来 |
[07:23] | Gabrielle. Come. | 加布丽尔 过来 |
[07:29] | Family should always hug… | 一家人应该经常拥抱 |
[07:32] | … regardless of how they feel about each other. | 不管他们心里怎么想对方 |
[07:59] | Wow. She’s a beauty. 30-footer? | 她真美 30英尺高吗 |
[08:03] | 32. | null |
[08:05] | Sweet. I sail. I’ve got a flying Scott. | 真好 我也玩帆船 我有一艘飞速斯科特 |
[08:09] | We have several yachting enthusiasts here in Barcliff Academy. | 我们这儿有好几个游艇爱好者 |
[08:12] | I could introduce them to you… | 我可以介绍给你认识 |
[08:14] | That sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[08:15] | …if we decide to enroll your children. | 前提是我们决定录取你们的孩子 |
[08:20] | To be honest, Mr. And Mrs. Scavo, | 老实说 斯加沃夫妇 |
[08:23] | your children’s educational background | 你们孩子的教育背景 |
[08:26] | is a bit more common than we would prefer. | 非常一般 |
[08:29] | But Mrs. Van de Kamp said they were identical twins? | 但是范德坎普夫人提到 他们是同卵双胞胎 |
[08:32] | Yes. Completely identically. You can’t tell them apart. | 是的 根本无法辨认 |
[08:35] | They’re like book ends. | 简直一模一样 |
[08:37] | We do strive for diversity at Barcliff. | 巴克利学院一向追求多样化 |
[08:39] | Identical twins could be interesting. | 同卵双胞胎很有意思 |
[08:41] | The boys are fascinating. They even | 他们真的很特别 他们甚至 |
[08:43] | have their own twin secret language. | 有暗号 只有他们自己才懂 |
[08:46] | Yeah, it’s pretty scary. | 是啊 挺可怕的 |
[08:48] | Not so much scary as highly developed. | 与其说可怕 不如说聪明 |
[08:50] | Yeah, they bark and growl at each other. | 他们会互相大声吼叫 |
[08:53] | Tom, Mr. Lentz was trying to say something. | 汤姆 兰兹先生有话要说 |
[08:55] | Sorry. Go ahead, Mr. Lentz. | 抱歉 请说吧 兰兹先生 |
[08:57] | I’d love to meet these twins of yours. | 我很想见见你们的双胞胎 |
[09:00] | I tell you what. | 我告诉你 |
[09:01] | I’m going to put them on our “must-meet list”. | 我要把他们加入我们的必见名单 |
[09:03] | – Terrific! – Thank you so much. | -太好了 -太感谢您了 |
[09:06] | What is a “must-meet list”? | 必见名单是什么意思 |
[09:08] | We bring them in for observation. | 我们要把他们带来进行观察 |
[09:11] | Observation? | 观察 |
[09:13] | Mm. To see how they play with the other children, | 看看他们如何跟别的孩子玩耍 |
[09:15] | how they respond to authority, | 如何应对老师 |
[09:17] | that sort of thing. | 诸如此类 |
[09:19] | – Great. – That sounds wonderful. | -太好了 -听起来不错 |
[09:30] | Kids ready? | 孩子们准备好了吗 |
[09:31] | Almost. Thanks for driving them. | 差不多了 谢谢你来送他们 |
[09:33] | Happy to do it. I miss them. | 乐意效劳 我很想他们 |
[09:42] | Did you hear there was a break-in at Mrs. Frome’s the other night? | 你听说了弗罗姆夫人家有人闯入吗 |
[09:44] | Yeah. I heard they didn’t take anything. | 我听说他们什么都没偷 |
[09:47] | It’s still frightening. | 还是挺吓人的 |
[09:49] | He could have been a sexual predator. | 他可能是个强奸犯 |
[09:51] | And he ended up at Mrs. Frome’s? | 而他选择了弗罗姆夫人家 |
[09:53] | That would have been a lose-lose situation. | 那可真是什么都捞不到 |
[09:55] | Rex, that’s not the point. | 雷克斯 这不是重点 |
[09:59] | I don’t feel safe. I was wondering | 我没有安全感 我想知道 |
[10:01] | if you could spend the night. | 你能不能留下来过夜 |
[10:03] | You’re in the NRA. You own four guns. | 你可是全国步枪协会的 有四把枪 |
[10:06] | If somebody broke in I’d expect you to protect me. | 如果有人闯进来我还指望你保护我呢 |
[10:10] | Rex, the truth is, with the kids gone, | 雷克斯 我实话说了吧 孩子们走了 |
[10:14] | I’ll be all by myself in this house | 我就一个人待在这房子里了 |
[10:16] | for the first time in 17 years. | 这是17年来的第一次 |
[10:18] | I know it’s hard to hear, | 我知道这很难面对 |
[10:20] | but the marriage counseling might not work out. | 但婚姻咨询很可能起不了作用 |
[10:22] | You need to get used to being alone. | 你得习惯一个人待着 |
[10:27] | You’re right. That was hard to hear. | 你说得对 这确实很难面对 |
[10:34] | – What are you doing? – That is for the kids’ trip. | -你这是干什么 -这是给孩子们做的 |
[10:36] | Oh, come on. I’m staying at a motel. | 饶了我吧 我住在汽车旅馆 |
[10:39] | I haven’t had a decent meal in weeks. | 都好几周没吃顿像样的饭了 |
[10:41] | Honey, the marriage counseling might not work out. | 亲爱的 婚姻咨询很可能起不了作用 |
[10:44] | You need to get used to bad cooking. | 你得习惯难吃的食物 |
[10:52] | Hey. Screwdriver girl. | 螺丝刀女孩 |
[10:58] | I took your evidence into the lab for fingerprints. | 我把你的证物拿到实验室做指纹鉴定了 |
[11:01] | Really? That’s great. | 真的 太好了 |
[11:03] | – I’ll call you if I hear something. – Ok. | -如果有消息我会打给你 -好的 |
[11:06] | – Sorry! – Thanks. | -抱歉 – -多谢 我刚好热坏了 |
[11:09] | Actually, I’d like to call you anyway | 实际上 如果你乐意的话 |
[11:11] | if that’s ok. | 我希望没事也能打给你 |
[11:12] | Oh. You seem like a really sweet guy | 你看起来人不错 |
[11:17] | in an interesting line of work | 警察这职业也挺有意思的 |
[11:18] | but I’m not really available. | 不过我现在算不上单身 |
[11:22] | – Oh. You have a boyfriend? – Yeah, sort of. | -你有男朋友 -算是吧 |
[11:26] | – Sort of. – It’s hard to explain. Even to myself. | -算是 -其实我自己也说不清 |
[11:31] | Unit 23, we have a 907A in progress. | 23分队 遇到907A号突发事故 |
[11:33] | Please respond. | 请回答 |
[11:34] | Ten-four. I’m on my way. I gotta go. | 收到 我马上来 我得走了 |
[11:37] | Apparently there’s a hostage situation. | 有个绑架人质的事件 |
[11:38] | So you’re really turning me down? | 你真的打算拒绝我了 |
[11:42] | – Boy. My self-esteem can’t take this. – I’m sorry. | -我的自尊心很是受挫啊 -很抱歉 |
[11:46] | No, it’s just, now my ability to help | 现在我解救人质的能力 |
[11:49] | those hostages has been compromised. | 可要大打折扣了 |
[11:52] | – Still, don’t blame yourself for what might happen. – Blame myself? | -不过你不用自责 -自责 |
[11:56] | Yeah. It’s just hard to rescue folks when | 自我感觉欠佳的时候 |
[11:58] | you don’t feel good about yourself. | 并不适合去救别人 |
[12:00] | Ah, they’ll probably all die anyway. | 说不定他们会全都死掉 |
[12:03] | Ok, fine. I’ll go out with you. | 好吧 我答应跟你约会 |
[12:05] | Great. I’ll call you. | 好的 我打给你 |
[12:08] | Now that you’ve got your date, | 现在你约到我啦 |
[12:10] | you can tell me what 907A really means. | 可以告诉我907A到底是什么吗 |
[12:12] | Someone’s TV was playing too loud. | 有人电视声音开得太大 |
[12:15] | Thank god for The Thin Blue Line. | 简直是《细蓝线》再现啊[警察管得真宽] |
[12:17] | I’ll call you. | 我再打给你 |
[12:29] | I’ll be outside doing my yoga. | 我到门外去做瑜伽 |
[12:32] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[12:38] | Do you have to do that now? My mother’s here. | 你非得现在做吗 陪下妈妈 |
[12:40] | I’m not gonna stop my life just | 我可不会因为她自作主张地突然出现 |
[12:42] | just because she decides to shows up unannounced on my add. | 在我家就打乱自己的生活 |
[12:44] | She’s family. She doesn’t need an invitation. | 她是家人 她想随时来都可以 |
[12:47] | Whatever. It’s rude. | 不管怎么说 这很不礼貌 |
[12:53] | It’s real pretty, mama. | 真漂亮 妈妈 |
[12:55] | You were always good with your hands. | 你的手工一直都做得很好 |
[12:57] | So, I assume you didn’t insist | 我想你坚持让我 |
[13:01] | that I travel 2,000 miles | 从两千英里外的地方赶来 |
[13:02] | for small talk. | 可不仅仅是为了闲聊吧 |
[13:03] | So why am I here? | 说吧 到底什么事 |
[13:08] | She… | 她 |
[13:13] | …is unhappy. | 不快乐 |
[13:16] | I’ve given her everything she ever wanted, | 她要什么我给什么 |
[13:18] | but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. | 但是好像也没什么效果 |
[13:21] | I feel her drifting further and further away. | 我觉得她离我越来越远了 |
[13:25] | And lately I’ve started thinking that maybe… | 最近我开始怀疑 |
[13:29] | So you think she’s cheating on you? | 你怀疑她有外遇 |
[13:35] | I think so. | 是的 |
[13:46] | We can talk about your problems, | 有问题我们可以好好谈 |
[13:47] | but I’m not gonna have any of that. | 别像个娘们儿 |
[13:54] | Do you have any proof? | 你有证据吗 |
[13:56] | No. It’s just a feeling. | 没 我只是感觉 |
[13:58] | I had that feeling | 当年我也感觉你爸 |
[14:00] | with your father and that whore waitress. | 和那个贱人服务员有问题 |
[14:02] | And I was right. Always trust your feelings. | 我的感觉没错 要相信自己的感觉 |
[14:05] | So what do I do? | 那我应该怎么办 |
[14:07] | You don’t do anything. | 你不需要做什么 |
[14:09] | I’ll take care of it. | 我来解决 |
[14:10] | Thank you, mama. | 谢谢妈妈 |
[14:12] | I’m sorry I had to hit you, but we’re strong people. | 很抱歉我打了你 但我们得坚强点 |
[14:15] | We don’t cry about our problems. | 出现问题时我们不能哭 |
[14:22] | We find ways to fix them. | 我们要想办法解决 |
[14:31] | While the residents of Wisteria Lane kept up their patrols | 当紫藤郡的人保持日常巡逻 |
[14:35] | in an effort to prevent future break-ins, | 试图阻止未来的闯入事件时 |
[14:37] | Lynette hatched a plan to break her | 勒奈特制定了一个计划 |
[14:40] | children into Barcliff Academy. | 好让她的孩子进入巴克利学校 |
[14:42] | Boys, wake up. | 孩子们 起来了 |
[14:46] | Come on. We’re gonna have some fun today. | 快点 我们今天可要好好玩玩 |
[14:50] | – Come on. – Mom. Hi. | -快点 -妈 |
[14:57] | Come on! I bet you can beat me! Come on! | 加油 我打赌你们能超过我 加油 |
[15:04] | Go, go, go! Yes, yes, yes! Mush! | 快快快 对 驾 |
[15:08] | Mush! Mush! Mush! | 驾 驾 驾 |
[15:13] | Mom, I’m tired. | 妈妈我累了 |
[15:16] | If I can still see your head, | 我还能看见你们的头 |
[15:18] | the pool’s not deep enough. | 看来你们挖得还不够深 |
[15:21] | Are your boys usually so docile? | 你儿子平常都这么无精打采吗 |
[15:27] | They’re always a little shy at first. | 刚开始他们总是有点害羞 |
[15:32] | Look at that concentration. | 看他们多全神贯注啊 |
[15:34] | Porter loves his puzzles. | 波特很喜欢玩字谜 |
[15:43] | null | 汽车旅馆见 |
[15:49] | Mama, I’ll be right back. I’m going to the store. | 妈妈 我去买点东西 马上回来 |
[15:57] | Gabrielle! I’m coming with you. | 加布丽尔 我跟你一块去 |
[16:02] | I want to make some tamales for Carlos. | 我要给卡洛斯做点玉米粉蒸肉 |
[16:04] | No, I’m not going to the supermarket. | 我不是去超市 |
[16:06] | I’m going to the lingerie store. | 我是去内衣店 |
[16:08] | – Good. I need some bras. – I’m gonna be a while. | -也好 我要买文胸 -我要去很久 |
[16:11] | I might get a facial. | 我可能还要做个脸 |
[16:13] | I have a face. | 我也可以做脸啊 |
[16:19] | – Hey, Mike. – How’s it going? | -麦克 -最近怎样 |
[16:21] | – Good. Just came by to say hello. – Hello. | -还行 过来打个招呼 -你好 |
[16:24] | So you remember the cop from the neighborhood watch meeting? | 你还记得邻里治安会上那个警察吗 |
[16:28] | He agreed to run a fingerprint check on | 他同意查一下我在弗罗姆太太家 |
[16:31] | the screwdriver I found at Mrs. Frome’s house. | 发现的螺丝刀上的指纹 |
[16:33] | He did? Nothing was taken. | 他同意了 没丢什么东西啊 |
[16:37] | Still, somebody broke in. It is a crime. | 但是有人闯入就是犯罪啊 |
[16:40] | So the weird thing is the cop asked me out, | 不过奇怪的是那个警察邀请我去 |
[16:44] | on a date. | 和他约会 |
[16:46] | And I sort of said yes. | 我也同意了 |
[16:49] | I was just curious what you thought about that. | 我只是想知道你的看法 |
[16:54] | You’re asking my permission to go out with him? | 你是在征求我同意你去跟他约会 |
[16:57] | No. No, I just uh… | 不不 我只是 |
[16:59] | was wondering your opinion. | 想听听你的意见 |
[17:03] | I don’t really have one. | 我没什么意见 |
[17:08] | Ok. Great. | 那行 |
[17:11] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[17:13] | – Thank you. – Susan, wait. Wait, I… | -谢谢 -苏珊 等等 |
[17:19] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:21] | My life is just really complicated right now. | 最近我的生活很复杂 |
[17:25] | You don’t have to explain. | 你无需解释 |
[17:28] | – Susan. – It’s complicated. I get it. | -苏珊 -很复杂嘛 我懂 |
[17:41] | Paul? Paul? | 保罗 保罗 |
[17:46] | Oh. Hi, Zachary. Sorry, the door was open and… | 扎克 抱歉 门是开着的 |
[17:49] | It’s ok. You can come in. | 没关系 进来吧 |
[17:53] | Is your father here? We’re scheduled to do a patrol today. | 你父亲在家吗 今天轮到我们去巡逻 |
[17:56] | He had to go out of town. Again. | 他又出城了 |
[18:00] | Oh. Well, I guess I can do it by myself. | 好吧 我一个人也可以的 |
[18:07] | Wow. This place is just immaculate. | 这里简直一尘不染 |
[18:12] | My mom liked things clean. | 我妈妈喜欢整洁 |
[18:14] | She would be very proud of you. | 她一定会为你感到骄傲 |
[18:17] | What happened to your varnish? | 地板上的漆呢 |
[18:20] | That’s where my mother died. | 这是我妈妈去世的地方 |
[18:22] | I messed up the floor trying to get out the blood. | 我本想把血迹擦干净 却把清漆也擦掉了 |
[18:28] | – I’ll tell my dad that you stopped by. – Ok. | -我会告诉我爸爸你来过 -好的 |
[18:35] | Zach, do you have plans for dinner? | 扎克 你晚餐有安排吗 |
[18:48] | – So you shop a lot, huh? – Yeah. So? | -你经常购物啊 -是 怎样 |
[18:51] | Most women that shop a lot, it’s because | 大部分女人频繁购物 都是因为 |
[18:53] | they don’t have anything better to do. | 她们没有别的事可做 |
[18:55] | – What’s your point? – Well, if you had children… | -你想说什么 -如果你有了孩子 |
[18:59] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[19:00] | I’m just saying that children give your life a purpose. | 我只是说 孩子会让你的生活有个目标 |
[19:03] | You’re so busy taking care of them | 照顾孩子会很忙 |
[19:05] | you don’t have time to wonder if you’re happy. | 这样你就没空去考虑你是不是开心 |
[19:08] | You know, Juanita, this is so like you. | 胡安妮塔 这简直就是你的作风 |
[19:10] | I invite you on a nice shopping | 我请你来高高兴兴地购物 |
[19:11] | trip and you find ways to upset me. | 你就想办法折磨我 |
[19:13] | You didn’t invite me. I invited myself. | 你没有请我来 我自己跟来的 |
[19:18] | You keep looking at your watch. | 你一直在看表 |
[19:20] | Is there some place you have to be? | 是要去什么地方吗 |
[19:22] | No! And I am not one of those | 不是 我不是那种 |
[19:25] | women who has a hole in her heart | 不生孩子 |
[19:26] | that can only be filled by a baby. | 人生就不完整的女人 |
[19:27] | I like my life a lot. It’s very fulfilling. | 我喜欢现在的生活 我很充实 |
[19:32] | Excuse my daughter-in-law. She’s very fulfilled. | 请原谅我儿媳妇 她充实过头了 |
[19:37] | So he just blew you off? | 他没管你 |
[19:38] | I told him another man asked me out. | 我告诉他另一个男人约我了 |
[19:40] | It was a perfect opportunity for | 这可是一个让麦克嫉妒的 |
[19:42] | Mike to be jealous, and nothing. | 完美机会 结果他什么反应都没 |
[19:44] | Did you bat your eyes? It doesn’t work if you don’t bat your eyes. | 你得抛媚眼 不然没用 |
[19:47] | I batted everything that wasn’t nailed down. Nothing. | 能抛得动的我都抛了 没用 |
[19:50] | – Thanks. – So what’s going on there? | -谢谢 -这是怎么回事 |
[19:56] | Gophers. | 我家闹地鼠 |
[20:00] | I’m sorry about Mike. I know you like him. | 关于麦克的事真是抱歉 我知道你喜欢他 |
[20:02] | Maybe it’s my fault. | 也许这是我的错 |
[20:04] | Maybe I just imagined an entire relationship | 也许只是我在一厢情愿 |
[20:06] | with this man that didn’t exist. | 也许我们之前本来就什么也没有 |
[20:08] | There has been flirting. I have seen it. | 可你们确实在调情啊 我看见过 我见了 |
[20:10] | And the flirting made me think he was kind, | 就是调情让我以为他善良 |
[20:14] | trustworthy, honest and hygienic. | 值得信任 诚实又健康 |
[20:18] | A guy just smiles at me three times | 一个男人朝我微笑几次 |
[20:20] | and I’m picking out wedding china. | 我就开始考虑婚礼该买什么餐具了 |
[20:23] | I’m a mess. | 我太丢人了 |
[20:23] | But to be fair, that’s part of your charm. | 不过说实话 那也算是你的个人魅力 |
[20:26] | That’s what happened with Karl. | 当时卡尔也是这样的 |
[20:28] | I only dated him a couple of months. | 我就和他约会了几个月 |
[20:29] | I filled in the blankets, I married him. | 睡在一起 然后结了婚 |
[20:30] | It was a disaster. | 那简直是个灾难 |
[20:31] | You think Mike is a Karl in disguise? | 你觉得麦克本质和卡尔一样 |
[20:34] | I don’t know. What does that mean anyway? | 我不知道 那句话究竟是什么意思 |
[20:36] | “My life is complicated.” | “我的生活很复杂” |
[20:46] | If I wanted to sit around and wait for nothing, | 我要是想干等着 |
[20:48] | I could do it on the can. | 没必要来这儿等 |
[20:49] | You’re late. What’s with the face? | 你迟到了 干嘛苦着脸 |
[20:53] | I screwed up. I broke into the | 我搞砸了 我潜进弗罗姆家 |
[20:54] | Frome house and almost got caught. | 差一点被发现了 |
[20:56] | What’s “almost”? | 什么叫差一点 |
[20:58] | I accidentally left something behind with my prints on it. | 我不小心落下了一样沾有我指纹的东西 |
[21:01] | – Did you ever hear of gloves? – It’s the suburbs. | -你不知道要戴手套吗 -这可是郊区 |
[21:03] | I didn’t think it’d matter. | 我没想那么多 |
[21:05] | Anyway, the police are running | 总而言之 警方正在排查 |
[21:07] | a check and I’m in the system. | 而我是有前科的 |
[21:09] | I gotta pull up stakes before they come looking for me. | 我得在他们找上门之前搬走 |
[21:14] | That’s a sweet sound. Laughter like that, huh? | 这笑声可真悦耳啊 对吧 |
[21:19] | Pisses me off. | 让我上火 |
[21:22] | If and when your cover is blown, you disappear. | 如果你被发现了 你就消失 |
[21:25] | Until then, you keep fixing the neighbors’ pipes. | 在那之前 好好地给邻居们修水管 |
[21:29] | The more time I spend at this town, | 我在这里待的时间越长 |
[21:31] | the more I think we’re making a mistake. | 就越觉得我们不该来这里 |
[21:32] | These are nice people. | 他们都是好人 |
[21:33] | My money says one of them isn’t. | 据我所知有一个不是 |
[21:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:47] | No more screw-ups. | 别再搞砸了 |
[22:06] | I’m getting something to drink. Do you want something? | 我去拿点饮料 你想喝什么 |
[22:28] | – Don’t be mad. – I waited for three hours for you. | -别生气 -我等了你三个小时 |
[22:31] | I had to use a month’s worth of | 房钱差不多是 |
[22:33] | lunch money to pay for that room. | 我一个月的饭钱 |
[22:35] | It’s not my fault. | 这不能怪我 |
[22:37] | Juanita hasn’t let me out of her sight since she got here. | 胡安妮塔来以后就一直盯着我 |
[22:39] | Really? Well, I don’t see her now. | 真的吗 这会儿我怎么没看见她 |
[22:41] | She’s watching her Mexican soap opera. | 她在看墨西哥肥皂剧呢 |
[22:44] | The rebel’s virgin daughter is about to | 叛乱分子的黄花闺女 |
[22:46] | be seduced by the escaped desperado. | 即将被亡命之徒勾上了 |
[22:48] | So until she puts out, | 所以在她放弃抵抗之前 |
[22:50] | Juanita won’t even know that I’m gone. | 胡安妮塔根本不会发现我不见了 |
[22:55] | Come on. I said I was sorry. | 别这样 我说了我很抱歉啦 |
[22:58] | Just so you know, | 告诉你 为了你 |
[23:00] | I’ve turned down half the pep-squad for you. | 我拒绝了啦啦队一半的姑娘 |
[23:02] | You can’t be serious. | 别开玩笑了 |
[23:04] | I’m starting to think that… maybe I | 我现在开始考虑 或许 |
[23:06] | should be with someone my own age. | 我应该和同龄的姑娘在一起 |
[23:08] | I thought teenage girls bored you, John. | 我还以为你觉得年轻姑娘很无趣 约翰 |
[23:12] | I thought what we had was beyond that. | 我以为我们的关系在更高的层面 |
[23:13] | so did I. | 我原来也这么以为 |
[23:16] | Why go back to something you don’t want? | 那为什么做违背心愿的事呢 |
[23:19] | – I don’t know. – Maybe you’re tired of me. | -我不知道 -也许你厌倦我了 |
[23:21] | No. I want to be with you. | 不是 我想和你在一起 |
[23:24] | Then why are we arguing? | 那我们还吵什么呢 |
[23:27] | – Gabrielle! – Damn it! | -加布丽尔 -见鬼 |
[23:29] | The virgin gave it up already? | 那处女已经放弃抵抗了 |
[23:31] | I want you so bad. | 我太想要你了 |
[23:33] | – When can I see you again? – Tomorrow. | -什么时候再见面 -明天 |
[23:35] | Meet me at the mall after school. | 放学后在商场门口跟我碰头 |
[23:37] | – What about your mother-in-law? – I’ll think of something. | -那你婆婆呢 -我会想办法的 |
[23:42] | – Gabrielle! Gabrielle! – Coming! | -加布丽尔 加布丽尔 -来啦 |
[23:46] | A donation? Now Barcliff wants a donation? | 赞助费 巴克利学院想要我们给赞助费 |
[23:50] | Apparently we’re in competition with one other family. | 很显然有另一孩子也想入学 |
[23:53] | A generous donation will ensure our kids beat ’em out. | 一笔慷慨的赞助肯定能把那孩子挤走 |
[23:56] | – How generous? – 15 thousand. | -要多慷慨 -1万5千美金 |
[23:59] | – We don’t have that. – That’s what I told them. | -我们没那么多钱 -我也是这么说的 |
[24:02] | So what will we do? Public school is | 那怎么办 除非我们搬去别的区 |
[24:05] | out unless we move to a new district. | 否则绝对不能去公立学校 |
[24:07] | We’re not moving. | 我们不会搬家的 |
[24:12] | Maybe it’s time that we look into home schooling. | 或许我们该考虑在家学习了 |
[24:17] | I know you did not just say that. | 不要提这个 |
[24:19] | Honey, it’s got its advantages. | 亲爱的 这样也有好处的 |
[24:21] | Kids at home school do better in their later years. | 在家学习的孩子后阶段成绩会更好些 |
[24:23] | They won’t make it to their later years | 要是让我整天和他们待在一起 |
[24:25] | if I have to spend all day with them. | 他们就活不到后阶段了 |
[24:26] | Honey, sometimes you’ve just got to make the sacrifice. | 亲爱的 有时候你就得作出点牺牲的 |
[24:30] | It’s probably the best thing for the kids. | 对孩子来说 这是最好的选择 |
[24:32] | Why don’t we just put them back in me and cook | 为什么不把他们塞回我肚子里 |
[24:34] | them until they’re civilized. | 等他们像点样子了再放出来 |
[24:36] | You’d be cool with that? | 你愿意这样吗 |
[24:41] | I’ve never had plum pudding before. | 我以前从来没吃过李子布丁 |
[24:43] | I’m serving it for christmas. | 我打算圣诞节上这道菜 |
[24:45] | I like to try out new recipes before the actual holiday. | 我喜欢在节日之前先尝试一下新菜谱 |
[24:49] | That way, if the cookbook’s gotten it wrong, I can fix it. | 这样即使出现问题 我来得及弥补 |
[24:53] | You must really like Christmas. | 你一定很喜欢圣诞节 |
[24:55] | You and Mr. Van de Kamp always have the best decorations. | 你和范德坎普先生总是装饰得最好 |
[24:59] | I adore the holidays. | 我热爱节日 |
[25:01] | I never get depressed if there’s a decorated tree. | 只要有装点好的圣诞树 我就不会失落 |
[25:04] | My mom and I would always decorate our tree together. | 我妈妈和我总是一起装饰圣诞树 |
[25:08] | – This Christmas is gonna be weird. – Oh, Zach. | -今年圣诞一定不好过 -扎克 |
[25:13] | You know, my mother died when I | 知道吗 在我很小的时候 |
[25:15] | was young. She was hit by a car. | 我妈妈就过世了 她被车撞了 |
[25:19] | It was right before Christmas, as a matter of fact. | 事实上 那就是在圣诞前夕 |
[25:23] | We were all singing carols and the dog was howling | 我们都在唱着颂歌 而狗在叫个不停 |
[25:27] | because everybody in my family sings off-key except for me. | 因为除了我 其他家人都不在调上 |
[25:31] | Anyway, it was a terrible ruckus. | 总之 当时大家都闹腾得不行 |
[25:35] | So no one noticed when my mother went | 所以当我妈妈出门给邻居送礼物时 |
[25:37] | out to give the neighbors a gift. | 没有一个人注意到 |
[25:40] | The next thing we heard were brakes screeching. | 紧接着就听到了刺耳的刹车声 |
[25:47] | Most of my family went to the hospital | 家里人大多去了医院 |
[25:49] | but I stayed home because I was so young. | 而我太小了所以留在家 |
[25:54] | When I looked out the window | 当我透过窗户向外看去 |
[25:56] | I saw my mother’s blood on the street | 我看见马路上沾染了妈妈的鲜血 |
[25:58] | and nobody was doing anything about it. | 却没有人来清理 |
[26:00] | So I got a hose and I washed it off. | 所以我拿起水管去冲洗血迹 |
[26:05] | And once it was clean, I felt so much better. | 当血迹冲干净时 我感觉平静多了 |
[26:12] | I’ve never told anyone that story before. | 我从未对任何人讲过这个故事 |
[26:15] | Those are the most interesting ones. | 这种从未告诉别人的故事 |
[26:17] | The stories that we never tell anyone. | 往往是最有意思的 |
[26:20] | Yeah. You’re probably right. | 是啊 也许你说得对 |
[26:23] | I have one. | 我也有一个故事 |
[26:25] | It’s more of a secret really. | 应该说是一个秘密 |
[26:29] | I know why my mom killed herself. | 我知道我妈妈为什么自杀 |
[26:33] | – You do? – It was something I did. | -真的 -是因为我做的一件事 |
[26:38] | Something bad. | 很恐怖的事 |
[26:44] | What did you do, Zach? | 你做了什么 扎克 |
[26:47] | Zach. Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[26:48] | No. I shouldn’t have said anything. | 不 我不应该说的 |
[26:51] | If my dad found out… | 要是我爸知道了 |
[26:53] | I won’t tell your father! | 我不会告诉你父亲的 |
[26:55] | I can’t get you involved. | 我不能把你拖进来 |
[26:57] | Zachary, it’s all right! | 扎克 没关系的 |
[27:05] | I can’t believe Zach said that. | 真不敢相信扎克和你说了这些 |
[27:07] | What else did Zach tell you? | 他还说了什么 |
[27:08] | Just that Mary Alice killed herself | 就说了玛丽·艾莉丝之所以自杀 |
[27:10] | because of something he’d done. | 是因为他做的一件事 |
[27:12] | You couldn’t get any more out of him? | 你就没问出点其他的 |
[27:14] | Oh, I tired, but he was so nervous. | 我问了 但是他很紧张 |
[27:15] | He actually started shaking then he just left. | 他开始发抖然后就离开了 |
[27:18] | Ok, this is getting really weird. | 好吧 事情越来越古怪了 |
[27:20] | I think we should go to the police. | 我觉得我们应该报警 |
[27:21] | And tell them what? | 怎么说呢 |
[27:22] | We don’t even have the note any more. We gave it to Paul. | 我们甚至连字条都没有 我们给保罗了 |
[27:24] | You have to get Zach to tell you something | 你得从扎克那里套出点什么 |
[27:26] | so we have more to go on. | 这样我们就可以继续查下去 |
[27:28] | Girls, You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[27:29] | This poor kid is scared out of his mind. | 这可怜的孩子惊得魂都没了 |
[27:31] | Bree, for god’s sakes, you’re a woman. | 布里 拜托 你可是个女人 |
[27:33] | Manipulate him. That’s what we do. | 控制他 这是我们的强项 |
[27:35] | But how? | 怎么控制 |
[27:36] | I don’t know. How did you usually manipulate Rex? | 我不知道 你原来怎么控制雷克斯的 |
[27:43] | Hello, Zachary. | 你好啊 扎克 |
[27:45] | Are you free for dinner tonight? | 今晚有空来吃晚饭吗 |
[27:47] | Sure. | 可以 |
[27:48] | Oh, good. Because last night you | 太好了 因为昨晚你的到来 |
[27:50] | put me in such a holiday mood. | 让我很有过节的感觉 |
[27:53] | I’m gonna make roast turkey and candy yams and eggnog. | 今晚我会做烤火鸡 糖果土豆泥和蛋酒 |
[27:57] | Have you ever had real, old-fashioned eggnog? | 你有没有尝过传统蛋酒 |
[28:00] | – I don’t think so. – You are gonna love it. | -没有 -你肯定会喜欢的 |
[28:04] | It has quite a kick. | 味道很不错哦 |
[28:07] | Mine! | 是我的 |
[28:09] | – Preston! – Boys, could you stop… | -普雷斯顿 -孩子们 别闹了 |
[28:19] | Lynette was desperate to avoid home schooling. | 勒奈特实在受不了孩子们在家学习 |
[28:22] | But she saw no options on the horizon. | 可她又找不到别的办法 |
[28:24] | Until a solution sailed into view. | 直到一个念头闪现在面前 |
[28:30] | Gabrielle, please. You bought me enough things. | 加布丽尔 你给我买太多东西了 |
[28:33] | You’re the one who’s supposed to be shopping. | 你才是应该买东西的人 |
[28:35] | Mama, you’re in a rut. | 妈妈 你穿得太老土了 |
[28:37] | We need to spice up your wardrobe. Ooh. Here. | 我们得让你从里到外焕然一新 这件 |
[28:40] | Try this one on. Go on. Try it on. | 试试这件 去吧 试试 |
[28:47] | Mama Solis, how are you doing in there? | 索利斯妈妈 你试得怎么样啊 |
[28:49] | Is it supposed to be so tight? | 这衣服原本就这么紧吗 |
[28:51] | Yes, it’s form-fitting. You’ll look great. | 没错 是修身款的 你穿上一定很好 |
[28:54] | Gabrielle, I don’t think this dress is right for me. | 加布丽尔 我觉得这裙子不适合我 |
[28:56] | I can’t breathe. | 我喘不上气了 |
[28:59] | Well, maybe I made a mistake. | 好吧 可能我看走眼了 |
[29:02] | While you change, | 你先换下来吧 |
[29:04] | I’m gonna make a quick run to the book store. | 我去一下书店 |
[29:07] | Wait! I’m coming with you! | 等等 我和你一起去 |
[29:09] | No! I’ll just be a minute! | 不用 我很快回来 |
[29:12] | I’m coming with you! | 我和你一起去 |
[29:19] | Wait! | 等等 |
[29:24] | – Gabrielle! Wait! – Ma’am! | -加布丽尔 等等 -女士 |
[29:28] | Ma’am. Sorry, I’m gonna need to look in your bags, please. | 女士 抱歉 我得检查一下你的包 |
[29:31] | Fine. Just hurry up. | 好吧 动作快点 |
[29:39] | Right on time. | 刚好准时 |
[29:42] | I don’t know where that blouse came from. | 我不知道这衣服从哪儿冒出来的 |
[29:45] | – Security. – Keep your stupid blouse. | -保安 -拿走你的破衣服 |
[29:48] | I have to find my daughter-in-law. | 我得去找我儿媳妇了 |
[29:50] | Don’t touch me. Don’t you dare touch me! | 别碰我 你敢碰我 |
[29:53] | Ma’am, you have to come with us. | 女士 你得跟我们走一趟 |
[29:54] | Get your hands off me! Gabrielle! | 把你的手拿开 加布丽尔 |
[30:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[30:07] | – Hey, it’s me. – Oh, hi, Rex. How are you? | -是我 -雷克斯 你好吗 |
[30:11] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[30:12] | I was just about to grab dinner from that motel vending machine | 我刚才正要从自动贩卖机买点吃的当晚饭 |
[30:15] | and it occurred to me, “what the heck? I’ll go out.” | 然后想到 管他呢 我要出去吃饭 |
[30:19] | Would you like to have dinner with me? | 你愿意和我一起吃晚饭吗 |
[30:27] | Mrs. Van de Kamp. Guess what. | 范德坎普太太 你猜怎么着 |
[30:29] | I found all my mom’s old Christmas stuff. | 我找到了妈妈以前圣诞用的装饰品 |
[30:31] | Oh. Sweetie, I was just coming over to talk to you. | 亲爱的 我正要过去告诉你的 |
[30:35] | I am so sorry but something important | 我很抱歉 可是我突然有重要的事情 |
[30:37] | came up and I have to cancel. | 我得取消我们的晚餐了 |
[30:39] | – Really? – We’ll do it again. | -真的吗 -我们下次还有机会 |
[30:42] | We’ll have our impromptu holiday dinner. I promise. | 我们会来一次即兴节日大餐的 我保证 |
[30:47] | Bye. | 再见 |
[30:55] | Mm. I got one. Kelly Halstatter. | 我想到一个 凯莉·霍尔斯特 |
[30:58] | In eighth grade, she used to spit in my gym shoes. | 初二时 她往我运动鞋里吐口水 |
[31:01] | Kelly Halstatter. | 凯莉·霍尔斯特 |
[31:05] | Kelly Halstatter. Here, look. | 凯莉·霍尔斯特 有了 看 |
[31:07] | Two duis, one check-kiting and an open bench warrant. | 两起酒后驾车 一次诈骗和一张逮捕令 |
[31:11] | How tragic. By which I mean, “yay”. | 真够呛 其实我想说 耶 |
[31:14] | You’ve been a good sport coming on my shift with me. | 陪我一起执勤挺无聊的吧 |
[31:17] | Well, time flies when you’re on a stakeout in cracktown. | 还行 盯梢的时候时间稍纵即逝 |
[31:22] | So when does our official date begin? | 我们何时开始正式的约会呢 |
[31:24] | Taxpayers say 20 minutes. But I say now. | 离下班还有20分钟 不过我等不及了 |
[31:31] | – They’re down. – Thank you. | -他们都睡着了 -谢谢你 |
[31:34] | Honey, you read up on home schooling? | 亲爱的 你在研究家庭教育 吗 |
[31:37] | Yeah. It gave me some good ideas. | 是啊 给了我不少启发 |
[31:39] | Well, one, anyway. | 好吧 其实只有一点 |
[31:40] | Great. What have you got? | 好极了 有什么启发 |
[31:42] | You know how we both agree that one of us | 记得我们当初达成的协议 |
[31:45] | needs to stay home and parent the kids | 一人待在家带孩子 |
[31:47] | and one of us needs to make a living? | 另一人外出工作养家糊口 |
[31:50] | And then I suddenly remembered that when I was working | 接着我想起我工作的时候 |
[31:52] | I made a little more than you. | 赚得比你要多一些 |
[31:56] | What are you doing? | 这是什么意思 |
[31:57] | You tossed out that little sacrifice comment a while ago. | 你之前提到要有所牺牲 |
[32:01] | It occurred to me, I’ve made | 在我看来 过去的6年 |
[32:03] | sacrifices over the past six years. | 都是我在作出牺牲 |
[32:04] | I gave up my career. | 甚至放弃了我的事业 |
[32:06] | If another sacrifice has to be made, | 如果这次有人得牺牲 |
[32:08] | I think it’s your turn on the man go round. | 我想应该轮到你了 |
[32:10] | – Lynette? – So if I went back to work, | -勒奈特 -所以如果我重返职场 |
[32:13] | you could stay home and take care of the kids. | 由你待在家里照顾孩子 |
[32:15] | I can’t be with the kids all day. I’d lose my mind. | 我没法和孩子待上一整天 我会疯的 |
[32:19] | Hey. Ok, I get it. Home schooling is out. | 我明白了 去它的家庭学习 |
[32:24] | How are we gonna scrape together | 我们上哪去筹到 |
[32:26] | 15 grand for this endowment? | 这1万5千块赞助费呢 |
[32:27] | Mm. How, how, how… | 到底该怎么办呢 |
[32:34] | Think. Think real hard. | 绞尽脑汁 好好想想 |
[32:39] | – Oh, no. – Aye-aye. | -不是吧 -没错 |
[32:43] | The restaurant’s run by this little old guy named Arinello. | 餐厅的老板是个叫艾尼洛的老头 |
[32:46] | He will propose to you. Don’t say yes | 他会向你求婚 千万别答应 |
[32:48] | because he’s dead serious. | 他一定会当真 |
[32:50] | But what if I like him? | 可如果我喜欢他呢 |
[32:54] | Hey. I thought this went to the lab. | 这个应该在化验室吧 |
[33:01] | All right. You got me. | 好吧 被你逮到了 |
[33:03] | – And that means what? – Look, Susan. | -怎么回事 -苏珊 |
[33:06] | No one would authorize lab time or a | 实验室没人会花时间 |
[33:08] | computer search for a case like this. | 调查这种小案件的 |
[33:10] | – It’s just not a priority. – So why | -事情分轻重缓急 -你为什么 |
[33:13] | couldn’t you just tell me that? | 不直接告诉我呢 |
[33:14] | Well, I thought we were clicking. | 我以为我们心有灵犀 |
[33:17] | Does this need to be a big deal? | 有必要这么小题大做吗 |
[33:19] | Well, if you’d only lied to me about it once it wouldn’t be. | 你能下不为例 问题就不大 |
[33:22] | All right. I get it. You want me to beg. Ok. | 我懂了 想让我求你是吧 好 |
[33:26] | Look at me. I’m begging. | 看着吧 我求你了 |
[33:29] | Come on. Don’t be such a girl about this. | 好啦 别像个小女生一样 |
[33:33] | I know who you are. You’re a Karl in disguise. | 我明白了 你跟卡尔是一类人 |
[33:39] | I’m done with you. All of you. | 我受够你们了 彻底 |
[33:41] | Oh, come on, drama queen. What are you doing? | 别说风就是雨的 你在搞什么 |
[33:46] | Where are you going? It’s not safe. | 你上哪去 这一带不安全 |
[33:48] | I’d rather take my chances on the street, | 我倒愿意在街上找艳遇 |
[33:50] | thank you very much. | 谢谢你了 |
[33:52] | Why do I always pick the psychos? | 我怎么老是碰上神经病 |
[34:12] | Excuse me. I’m a little lost. | 不好意思 我迷路了 |
[34:14] | You best be lost. This here’s my corner. | 你最好走远点 这是我的地盘 |
[34:16] | Oh, yes. And a lovely corner it is. | 这地盘风水不错 |
[34:19] | And I hate to bother you while you’re working. | 很抱歉打扰你工作 |
[34:22] | I was just wondering if you | 能不能麻烦你 |
[34:23] | point me in the direction of a payphone? | 告诉我哪有公用电话 |
[34:25] | Oh, if you have some change for | 另外你有没有 |
[34:29] | this five. Preferably quarters. | 5元零钱 最好是硬币 |
[34:31] | Honey, if I got paid in quarters, | 亲爱的 如果我赚到的是零钱 |
[34:33] | I’d be doing something very wrong. | 我的技术一定很糟糕 |
[34:34] | Right. Ok. | 也对 没错 |
[34:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:42] | Hey. You want to use my cell? I have weekend minutes. | 需要用手机吗 周末打电话不用钱 |
[34:46] | Thank you so much. You’re saving my life. | 太感谢了 你救了我的命 |
[34:49] | – Excuse me, honey. – Oh, yes. You do what you’ve got to do. | -失陪 -好的 你请便 |
[34:59] | Oh, please answer. Come on. Pick up, Julie. | 拜托 快接电话 朱莉 |
[35:03] | Oh, thank god. Don’t ask any questions. | 感谢上帝 先别问 |
[35:05] | Just get somebody down here to pick me | 快让别人到第九街和福斯特街 |
[35:07] | up at the corner of Ninth and Foster. | 拐角处来接我 |
[35:10] | Hey, babe. | 妞儿 |
[35:12] | Thank you. No. I’m on a break. | 多谢 不了 我在休息 |
[35:15] | Hurry, please. | 快点 求你了 |
[35:18] | Excuse me. We got a call. Something about a break-in. | 请问 我们接到电话 有人闯入了 |
[35:22] | One of your neighbors was reporting seeing someone | 你的邻居报警说看到有人 |
[35:24] | forcing his way into your home. | 非法入侵你家 |
[35:25] | We sent some guys out to investigate and uh… | 已经派人调查了 不过 |
[35:29] | – What is it? – I gotta tell you, ma’am. | -怎么了 -我得提醒你 夫人 |
[35:31] | I thought I’d seen a lot on the job, | 干我这行的什么都见过 |
[35:33] | but this is something else. | 不过这次还是很出乎意料 |
[35:54] | null | 保罗 扎克 玛丽·艾莉丝 |
[36:03] | So let me get this straight. | 这么说 |
[36:05] | He chopped down one of our pine trees? | 他砍了我们家一颗松树 |
[36:08] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[36:14] | Zach, why did you do this? | 扎克 为什么这样做 |
[36:17] | – I don’t know. – Take off those handcuffs, please. | -我不知道 -请拿掉手铐 |
[36:22] | Ma’am, he confessed to breaking in. | 夫人 他承认他的罪行了 |
[36:24] | This is not up for discussion. | 按我说的做 |
[36:27] | Go ahead. | 摘掉吧 |
[36:30] | Sir, you can’t… | 先生 你不能 |
[36:33] | Zach. | 扎克 |
[36:52] | – Are you ok? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[36:54] | Then how much for a trip around the world? | 一晚上多少钱 |
[36:57] | I can’t believe Julie sent you. She is soon gonna be dead. | 朱莉居然叫你来 她死定了 |
[37:00] | Come on. Get in. | 快上车吧 |
[37:06] | Wasn’t that sent in for prints? | 这个没送去化验指纹吗 |
[37:08] | No. The cop lied to me. | 没有 那个警察骗了我 |
[37:11] | – I don’t wanna talk about it. – Just asking. | -我不想谈这个 -随便问问 |
[37:18] | Don’t go yet. I need to talk to you. | 先别走 我们得谈谈 |
[37:24] | It’s important. Please. | 事关重大 拜托了 |
[37:31] | I married Diego Solis when I was 16 years old. | 我16岁嫁给迪亚戈·索利斯 |
[37:36] | A few months into our marriage, he started to beat me. | 婚后没几个月 他就开始打我 |
[37:40] | I was so young as to but I didn’t know what to do. | 我当时太年轻所以不知所措 |
[37:43] | Juanita, I had no idea. | 胡安妮塔 你想说什么 |
[37:46] | It got so bad that I started praying to god to let me die. | 很可怕 我甚至祈求上帝结束我的生命 |
[37:49] | But god, in his infinite wisdom, gave me a reason to live. | 慈爱睿智的主 却给了我活下去的理由 |
[37:54] | Carlos. | 是卡洛斯 |
[37:56] | Ah, he was a beautiful baby. | 他是个很漂亮的宝宝 |
[37:59] | But my husband wasn’t much of a father. | 可我的丈夫不是个好爸爸 |
[38:02] | He never held him. He would yell and | 他从没抱过他 还毫无缘由地 |
[38:04] | scream at him for no reason at all. | 冲他乱发脾气 |
[38:06] | One night, when Carlos was four, | 卡洛斯四岁的一个夜晚 |
[38:09] | Diego Solis came home drunk. | 迪亚戈·索利斯醉醺醺地回到家 |
[38:12] | And he beat my Carlos. | 他打了我的卡洛斯 |
[38:15] | Something inside me snapped. | 我幡然醒悟 |
[38:18] | At that moment, I found a way to be strong. | 那一刻 我设法让自己变得坚强 |
[38:22] | So I made sure that Diego Solis | 我确信迪亚戈·索利斯 |
[38:26] | never hurt my son or me ever again. | 再也无法伤害我和我的儿子 |
[38:30] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[38:32] | Well, if you pray hard enough, | 如果你很虔诚地祈祷 上帝 |
[38:35] | God gives you the tools to your salvation. | 会赐予拯救你的力量 |
[38:47] | Carlos said that his father left for a waitress in El Paso. | 卡洛斯说他是跟埃尔帕索的女服务员跑了 |
[38:50] | Mm-hm. That’s what he was told. | 是我这么告诉他的 |
[38:54] | All mothers know they have to protect their children. | 可怜天下父母心 |
[38:57] | But some of us take our job more seriously than others. | 只不过有些妈妈更加尽责 |
[39:01] | I don’t know why you’re telling me this. | 我不明白你为什么要说这些 |
[39:06] | I think you do. | 你我心知肚明 |
[39:26] | Ok. I know you’re mad at me. | 我知道你在生我的气 |
[39:28] | I’m sorry I didn’t stop you from going out with that guy. | 很抱歉没有阻止你跟那个家伙去约会 |
[39:31] | I’m not mad at you. I mean I’m not just mad at you. | 我没生气 我是说不全怪你 |
[39:33] | I’m mostly mad at myself. | 主要是气我自己 |
[39:35] | – Ok. – I’m mad that I like you so much | -好吧 -气自己对你一无所知 |
[39:39] | without knowing anything about you. | 却对你着迷不已 |
[39:41] | Oh. What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[39:46] | – What’s your favorite food? – Mexican. | -最喜欢的食物 -墨西哥菜 |
[39:50] | – What’s your favorite sport? – Football. | -最喜欢的运动 -橄榄球 |
[39:52] | – Favorite band? – Elvis Costello. | -最喜欢的乐队 -艾维斯·卡斯特洛 |
[39:54] | That’s a guy, not a band. | 我是说乐队 他是歌手 |
[39:56] | It’s a guy with a band. | 他是乐队里的一员 |
[40:01] | What do you think of me? | 那你觉得我怎么样 |
[40:25] | I’m sorry, could you repeat that? | 不好意思 能再来一次吗 |
[40:33] | – I don’t want to talk about it. – This is insane! | -我不想多说了 -这太疯狂了 |
[40:37] | – Do you even care about me? – Do not talk that way! | -你从没关心过我 -收起你这种态度 |
[40:50] | – Mrs. Van de Kamp. – Hi, Zach. | -范德坎普太太 -扎克 |
[40:52] | I wanted to see if everything was all right. | 我来看看发生什么事了 |
[40:55] | – Everything’s fine. – Are you sure? | -没什么事 -你确定吗 |
[40:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:00] | Well, ok. I’ll see you tomorrow then. | 那就好 明天见 |
[41:05] | I’m sure that you will. | 好的 一定 |
[41:19] | People by their very nature are always | 人们天生就会 |
[41:22] | on the lookout for intruders… | 对入侵者保持警惕 |
[41:26] | Trying to prevent those on the outside from getting in. | 想要阻止别人融入进来 |
[41:32] | But there will always be those who | 可总有些人为了 |
[41:34] | force their way into our lives, | 进入我们的生活软硬兼施 |
[41:35] | just as there will be those we invite in. | 相对的 也有我们想主动邀请进来的人 |
[41:55] | But the most troubling of all | 不过最令人担忧的是 |
[41:57] | will be the ones who stand on the outside looking in. | 那些就站在外面看我们的人 |
[42:03] | The ones we never truly get to know. | 永远也无从得知他们的用意所在 |