时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | If Mary Alice was having some sort of crisis, | 如果当时玛丽·艾莉丝有危机 |
[00:08] | we’d have known. | 我们会发现的 |
[00:09] | She lives 50 feet away, for god’s sakes. | 她住的那么近 |
[00:10] | Gabby, the woman killed herlf. | 加布 那个女人都已经自杀了 |
[00:13] | Something must have been going on. | 这事没这么简单 |
[00:15] | Every time I’m around that man, he tries to grab my ass. | 每次我在那男人周围 他都想捏我的屁股 |
[00:18] | I made over $200,000 doing business with him last year. | 去年我从他那赚了二十万 |
[00:22] | If he wants to grab your ass, you let him. | 如果他想捏你的屁股 让他捏 |
[00:25] | Why aren’t you happy? | 那你为什么不开心 |
[00:26] | Turns out I wanted all the wrong things. | 看来我得到的都不是真正想要的 |
[00:30] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[00:32] | It’s a letter addressed to Mary Alice. | 一封给玛丽·艾莉丝的信 |
[00:38] | Oh, Mary Alice, what did you do? | 玛丽·艾莉丝 你做了什么 |
[00:46] | An odd thing happens when we die. | 人死后会发生一件很有趣的事 |
[00:49] | Our senses vanish. | 几种感官相继消失 |
[00:51] | Taste, touch, smell, and sound | 味觉 触觉 嗅觉和听觉 |
[00:53] | become a distant memory, | 都成了遥远的记忆 |
[00:55] | but our sight — | 除了视觉 |
[00:57] | ah, our sight expands, | 我们的视野反而开阔许多 |
[00:59] | and we can suddenly see the world | 我们能把曾身处的世界 |
[01:01] | we’ve left behind so clearly. | 看得很清楚 |
[01:03] | Of course, most of what’s visible to the dead | 当然 逝者所能看到的东西 |
[01:05] | could also be seen by the living, | 生者也能看见 |
[01:09] | if they’d only take the time to look. | 只要他们肯花时间 |
[01:12] | Like my friend Gabrielle. | 比如我朋友加布丽尔 |
[01:14] | I should have seen how unhappy she was, | 我早该看见她有多不开心 |
[01:16] | but I didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[01:18] | I only saw her clothes from Paris… | 我只看见她那些巴黎定制的时装 |
[01:22] | and her platinum jewelry… | 那些铂金珠宝 |
[01:25] | and her brand-new diamond watch. | 和崭新的钻石表 |
[01:29] | Had I looked closer, | 如果我仔细观察 |
[01:31] | I’d have seen that Gabrielle was a drowning woman | 我会看见加布丽尔是一个溺水的女人 |
[01:33] | desperately in search of a life raft. | 急切地寻找着救生筏 |
[01:36] | Luckily for her, she found one. | 幸运的是 她找到一个 |
[01:40] | Of course, Gabrielle only saw her young gardener | 加布丽尔只是让年轻的园丁 |
[01:42] | as a way to infuse her life with a little excitement. | 给她的生活添点色彩 |
[01:47] | But now she was about to discover | 不过她马上就会发现 |
[01:50] | just how exciting her life could get. | 她的生活会如此多姿多彩 |
[02:05] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[02:08] | Come on, come on, come on! Hurry up! Let’s go! | 快点快点 赶紧 过来 |
[02:14] | Where are the rest of my clothes? | 我别的衣服呢 |
[02:15] | I’ll find them. Just get out. | 我来找 赶紧出去 |
[02:17] | Where? | 从哪 |
[02:18] | – Out the window. – What? | -窗户 -什么 |
[02:24] | Go, go, go, go, go! | 快点快点 |
[02:30] | Hi, honey. You’re home early. | 亲爱的 你今天真早 |
[02:32] | My meeting got canceled. | 我的会议取消了 |
[02:36] | Didn’t you take a shower this morning? | 你早上不是洗了澡吗 |
[02:39] | I, uh, I just finished a workout. | 我刚运动了一会 |
[02:42] | Where’s John? | 约翰在哪 |
[02:44] | John? | 约翰 |
[02:45] | Yeah. That’s his truck out front. | 他的推车停在外边呢 |
[02:48] | Gabrielle was panicked. | 加布丽尔很惊慌 |
[02:50] | She knew if her husband discovered her secret, | 她知道如果她丈夫发现了她的秘密 |
[02:52] | she would feel the full force of his wrath. | 她能想象他暴怒的样子 |
[02:56] | Hey, Mr. Solis. | 索利斯先生 |
[02:59] | Hey, John, take care of that ficus yet? | 约翰 那颗榕树弄好了没 |
[03:02] | – I’ll get to it as soon as I’m done here. – All right. | -我把这做完了就去 -很好 |
[03:07] | But she was quickly reminded that… | 不过她马上想到 |
[03:10] | What Carlos couldn’t see… | 只要没被卡洛斯发现 |
[03:12] | Yeah, sure. No problem. | 当然 没问题 |
[03:14] | couldn’t hurt her. | 一切都会安然无恙 |
[04:04] | The peaceful facade of Wisteria Lane had recently been shattered, | 紫藤郡平静的表面已经被打破 |
[04:09] | first by my suicide… | 首先是我自杀 |
[04:13] | and then by the discovery of a note among my belongings | 然后是我遗物中的纸条被发现 |
[04:17] | that suggested a suspicious reason for my desperate act. | 暗示我自杀的原因很可疑 |
[04:22] | My friends gathered to discuss its implications. | 我的朋友们聚在一起探讨它的含义 |
[04:25] | I think we should give it to Paul. | 我觉得我们应该把这个给保罗 |
[04:27] | He’s still mourning, Susan. | 他还在悲痛中 苏珊 |
[04:28] | He’ll probably freak out. | 他会吓坏的 |
[04:30] | It doesn’t matter. She was his wife. | 这不是关键 她是他妻子 |
[04:32] | He deserves to have all the facts. | 他应该知道事情的真相 |
[04:33] | Well, we could do it gently. | 我们可以说的随意点 |
[04:35] | We could tell him about it over coffee and pastry. | 比如在闲聊的时候告诉他 |
[04:38] | That would be fun. | 真有意思 |
[04:39] | “Paul, we have proof your wife killed herself | “保罗 我们发现你老婆自杀 |
[04:41] | over some deep, dark secret. | 是因为她有不可告人的秘密 |
[04:42] | Another bear claw?” | 还要些熊爪糕吗” |
[04:43] | We could always call the police. | 我们可以报警 |
[04:46] | Maybe it’s just some sort of sick joke. | 可能只是个变态玩笑 |
[04:48] | Well, if it was a joke, it was in very poor taste. | 如果这是个玩笑 那也太低级了 |
[04:50] | No, this was serious. I know it was. | 不 我敢肯定这是认真的 |
[04:53] | We got to find out what was going on. | 我们得弄明白到底发生了什么 |
[04:55] | Let’s say we do. | 就算弄明白了 |
[04:56] | There’s a chance we’re not going to like what we find. | 也可能不是我们想要的结果 |
[04:58] | Well, isn’t it worse to be in the dark? | 总比一头雾水的好 |
[05:01] | I mean, imagining she did all these horrible things. | 想着她也许做了什么可怕的事情 |
[05:03] | It’s the age-old question, isn’t it? | 又回到老问题上了 |
[05:06] | How much do we really want to know about our neighbors? | 我们对邻居到底有多好奇 |
[05:17] | My friends were right to be concerned. | 朋友们的担心是对的 |
[05:21] | They knew that every family has its secrets, | 她们知道每个家庭都有秘密 |
[05:26] | and as my son and husband could have told them, | 我儿子和丈夫的经验是 |
[05:29] | you need to think carefully before digging them up. | 挖出这些秘密前得反复斟酌 |
[05:50] | After talking for hours, | 讨论了数小时之后 |
[05:52] | my friends still hadn’t agreed on | 我的朋友们还是不知道 |
[05:54] | what to do with the note. | 该如何处理这张纸条 |
[05:56] | So they decided to talk about it in the morning | 她们决定先睡个好觉 |
[05:59] | after a good night’s rest. | 早上再来讨论 |
[06:03] | But no one could fall sleep that night. | 不过那天晚上没人能睡得着 |
[06:07] | They each kept thinking of my suicide | 她们都猜测我自杀的原因 |
[06:11] | and how terribly alone I must have felt. | 以及我曾经历过的孤独 |
[06:15] | You see, loneliness was something | 孤独这东西 |
[06:18] | my friends understood all too well. | 她们再熟悉不过了 |
[06:28] | It’s okay. I’m up. | 没关系 我醒着 |
[06:30] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:32] | I have a question for you. | 我有一个问题想问你 |
[06:36] | OK. | 好吧 |
[06:40] | Do you remember when you proposed? | 你还记得你求婚的时候吗 |
[06:42] | For god’s sake — | 我的天 |
[06:43] | We sat on Skyline Drive and drank a bottle of apple wine, | 我们在长空大道喝着苹果酒 |
[06:47] | and when we finished it, you turned to me, and you said, | 喝完你突然对我说 |
[06:49] | “if you marry me, Bree Mason, | “如果你嫁给我 布里·梅森 |
[06:52] | I promise to love you for the rest of my life.” | 我保证会爱你一辈子” |
[06:55] | And even though I was engaged to Ty Grant, | 尽管那时我已经和泰·格兰特订婚了 |
[06:57] | and even though my father didn’t like you, | 尽管我父亲并不喜欢你 |
[06:59] | I said yes. | 我也同意了 |
[07:00] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[07:02] | You’re going to cancel the meeting with that divorce lawyer, | 你得取消和离婚律师的会面 |
[07:04] | and we’re going to find ourselves a marriage counselor. | 我们去找一个婚姻顾问 |
[07:07] | – Bree… – You promised. | -布里 -你保证过的 |
[07:18] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:21] | Good. I’m going to go, uh, make myself some warm milk. | 很好 我去热点牛奶 |
[07:27] | Would you like something to drink? | 你要喝点什么吗 |
[07:29] | Anything but apple wine. | 只要不是苹果酒就行 |
[07:37] | Susan awoke that night alone and parched, | 苏珊那晚孤独地醒着 很口渴 |
[07:41] | but as she gazed out her window, | 她注视着窗户外面 |
[07:43] | she saw the tall drink of water she needed to quinch her thirst. | 看见了一大杯能解渴的水 |
[07:48] | “Dear diary, Mike doesn’t even know I’m alive.” | “亲爱的日记 麦克都不知道我的存在” |
[07:51] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[07:52] | If you want to date him, you’re going to have to ask him out. | 想跟他约会 得主动约他 |
[07:55] | I keep hoping he’ll ask me out. | 我一直希望他能来约我 |
[07:57] | How’s that going? | 结果呢 |
[07:58] | Shouldn’t you be making brownies | 你该给你的小朋友们做 |
[08:00] | for your nerdy friends? | 巧克力蛋糕了吧 |
[08:01] | I can’t find the measuring cup. Have you seen it? | 我找不到量杯 你见到了吗 |
[08:03] | The measuring cup? | 量杯 |
[08:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:15] | I — well, it’s — it’s got to be here somewhere. | 肯定就在附近 |
[08:17] | Just keep looking. | 再找找看 |
[08:23] | I know you’re awake. | 我知道你醒着 |
[08:24] | I know you’re a jerk. | 我知道你是个混蛋 |
[08:27] | Dinner with Tanaka ran long. I’m sorry. | 和塔纳卡的晚餐时间有点长 我很抱歉 |
[08:30] | You know, Carlos, I didn’t marry you | 卡洛斯 我跟你结婚并不是为了 |
[08:31] | so I could have dinner by myself six times a week. | 一周有六天都是自己单独吃晚餐 |
[08:34] | You know how bored I was today? | 你知道我今天有多无聊吗 |
[08:35] | I came this close to actually cleaning the house. | 我就差这么点就要自己打扫房子了 |
[08:38] | Don’t be that way. I got you a gift. | 别这样 我给你买礼物了 |
[08:40] | Nope. No, no, no, no. | 不行 不不 |
[08:41] | You’re not going to buy your way out of this one. | 你这次可不能这么轻易打发我 |
[08:46] | It’s a good gift. | 是个好礼物哦 |
[08:54] | Is that white gold? | 是白金的吗 |
[08:56] | Yeah. Put it on… | 是 把这戴上 |
[08:59] | and then make love to me. | 然后跟我做爱 |
[09:02] | I’m not in the mood. | 没心情 |
[09:05] | But we could stay up and talk. | 不过我们可以聊聊天 |
[09:09] | When a man buys a woman expensive jewelry, | 当男人送女人如此昂贵的珠宝 |
[09:11] | there are many things he may want in return, for future reference, | 想得到的回报 |
[09:15] | conversation ain’t one of them. | 绝对不是聊天 |
[09:20] | – Hey, that was a joke. – Yeah, right. | -我在开玩笑呢 -是啊 |
[09:24] | – What the hell is wrong with you? – Let go of me. | -你到底怎么回事 -放开我 |
[09:26] | Hey, you’ve been acting like a nightmare for a month. What’s wrong? | 你这个月一直很奇怪 怎么了 |
[09:30] | I can’t fix it unless you tell me. | 你得告诉我才能解决 |
[09:38] | It’s not exciting anymore, Carlos. | 没有激情了 卡洛斯 |
[09:43] | So what am I supposed to do? | 那我应该怎么做 |
[09:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:49] | Be the way you used to be. | 像你以前那样 |
[09:51] | Surprise me. Take my breath away. | 给我惊喜 让我激动 |
[09:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:17] | -Hey, Susan. – Mike. | -嘿 苏珊 -麦克 |
[10:20] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[10:23] | I didn’t realize anybody was going to be out here. | 我没想到外面会有人 |
[10:26] | I just sort of rolled out of bed. | 我刚从床上爬起来 |
[10:27] | I’m sure you look fine. | 你看起来很好 |
[10:35] | Oh, Bongo, stop. | 邦戈 别叫 |
[10:40] | Sorry, uh… he scares easy. | 抱歉 他很容易受惊吓 |
[10:43] | No, it– it’s fine. I-I get it. | 没关系 我懂 |
[10:46] | I didn’t mean to disturb you. | 没想到会打扰你 |
[10:48] | I’ll see you later. | 待会见 |
[10:53] | Do you want to have dinner with me? | 你想和我一起吃晚饭吗 |
[10:57] | Just the two of us? | 就我们俩 |
[11:00] | Well… and Julie. | 还有朱莉 |
[11:03] | It’s a thing we do when somebody new moves into the neighborhood, | 有新邻居搬进来的时候我们就会这样 |
[11:06] | we invite them over for a home-cooked meal. | 邀请他们来家里吃饭 |
[11:08] | Sort of a tradition. | 算是种传统吧 |
[11:09] | I thought you were a lousy cook. | 我记得你说你厨艺很烂 |
[11:12] | Well, I order take-out. | 我可以叫外卖 |
[11:13] | You invite ’em for home-cooking and give ’em take-out? | 用外卖招待请来的客人吗 |
[11:16] | Yeah, ah, it’s sort of a new tradition. | 这是一种新传统 |
[11:19] | I’m working out the kinks. | 我突发奇想的 |
[11:22] | I’ll tell you what. How about I cook? | 这样吧 我来做饭 |
[11:24] | You guys come over to my place. | 你们来我家吃饭 |
[11:27] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[11:30] | – Friday night at six? – I’ll be there. | -周五晚上六点 -我一定准时到 |
[11:33] | Right. Come on. | 好的 走吧 |
[11:37] | Bye, Bongo. | 拜拜 邦戈 |
[11:48] | Julie! Mike Delfino just invited us | 朱莉 麦克·德尔非诺邀请 |
[11:50] | to dinner Friday night. | 我们周五去吃晚饭 |
[11:52] | He did? Cool. | 是吗 太好了 |
[11:53] | But only I’m going because you’re | 但是只有我去 |
[11:55] | gonna come down with something serious | 因为你生重病 |
[11:57] | that requires bed rest and fluids. | 需要卧床休息打吊瓶 |
[12:00] | Julie was glad Susan was rekindling her love life. | 朱莉很高兴苏珊重新开始她的爱情生活 |
[12:03] | Of course, she was unaware of her | 当然 她还不知道 |
[12:06] | mother’s recent track record with fire. | 她妈妈的纵火行为 |
[12:09] | It’s all gone. Everything my ex-husband | 都没了 我前夫多年的辛苦 |
[12:12] | worked for all those years, gone. | 全都没了 |
[12:15] | Don’t worry about clothing. | 别担心衣服 |
[12:17] | I already started a collection from the neighborhood. | 我已经去邻居那募集了一些 |
[12:20] | What? I don’t want to wear other people’s old crap. | 什么 我可不想穿别人的旧衣服 |
[12:23] | Edie, you can be homeless or ungracious. | 伊迪你可以无家可归 也可以衣着寒酸 |
[12:25] | You really can’t afford to be both. | 但是两者兼备可够你受的 |
[12:28] | That reminds me. My insurance check still hasn’t come yet. | 这倒提醒我了 我保险的支票还没到呢 |
[12:32] | Could I stay with you a few more weeks? | 我能跟你多住几周吗 |
[12:34] | Of course. What kind of christian would I be | 当然没问题 如果我连个落难的朋友 |
[12:36] | if I denied shelter to a friend in need? | 都不帮助 还算什么基督徒 |
[12:39] | Oh, look. Here’s something we can salvage. | 看 还有些东西可以变废为宝 |
[12:44] | Your measuring cup. | 你的量杯 |
[12:45] | We can scrape of the burnt part and | 只需擦掉烧焦的部分 |
[12:47] | it’ll look good as new. | 它就会焕然一新 |
[12:49] | That’s not my cup. Mine was plastic. | 那不是我的 我的是塑料的 |
[12:53] | Well, how did it get in here? | 那它怎么在这里 |
[12:55] | I don’t know. Who cares? | 不知道 管它呢 |
[13:03] | Now, would you put that down and start looking for jewelry? | 能把那玩意放下然后帮我找找珠宝吗 |
[13:13] | Dr. Albert Goldfine was the most accomplished | 艾伯特·高德芬博士是城里 |
[13:16] | marriage counselor in the city. | 最有名的婚姻顾问 |
[13:19] | He had dealt with problems ranging from substance abuse… | 他处理过无数起婚姻问题 从吸毒 |
[13:23] | …to infidelity… | 到婚外情 |
[13:27] | …to domestic violence. | 还有家庭暴力 |
[13:32] | Yes, Dr. Goldfine thought he had seen it all. | 高德芬博士以为他对婚姻了如指掌 |
[13:35] | And then he met the Van de Kamps. | 直到他遇见范德坎普夫妇 |
[13:39] | Hi. I’m Bree. And this is my husband Rex. | 你好 我是布里 这是我丈夫雷克斯 |
[13:43] | And I brought you some homemade potpourri. | 我给你带了一些自制的香包 |
[13:49] | The answer is yes. | 你想得没错 |
[13:50] | You’re about to make a fortune off us. | 你要从我们身上赚大钱了 |
[13:55] | – Ah, get off! – Boys! | -走开 -孩子们 |
[13:57] | Guys, I’m begging you. | 孩子们 拜托 |
[14:00] | Sit in your seats. | 乖乖坐好 |
[14:02] | I’m not gonna tell you again. Buckle up. | 我不想重复 系上安全带 |
[14:08] | I mean it, so help me… | 我说真的 |
[14:12] | Oh, shoot. Crap! | 该死 |
[14:17] | I was playing with it first! | 是我先玩的 |
[14:21] | License and registration, please. | 请出示驾驶证和车辆登记证 |
[14:24] | Ma’am, you know why I pulled you over? | 夫人 知道我为什么拦你吗 |
[14:28] | I have a theory. | 我知道 |
[14:29] | The kids should be sitting wearing seat belts. | 这些小家伙应该坐好系上安全带 |
[14:32] | I yelled at them. They never listen. It’s very frustrating. | 我告诉他们不要 他们不听 没办法 |
[14:37] | You have to find a way to control them. | 你应该好好管管他们 |
[14:39] | After all, that’s your job. | 毕竟 这是你的分内事 |
[14:42] | Though he’d been a policeman for six years, | 尽管他已经做了六年的警察 |
[14:44] | officer Hayes had never found himself | 海耶斯警官却不知道这次 |
[14:47] | in a truly dangerous situation. | 他将身处险境 |
[14:50] | Then again, he had never before told | 他以前从来没告诉过一个女人 |
[14:52] | a woman how to raise her children. | 该如何去管教孩子 |
[14:58] | Are you saying I’m a bad mother? | 你说我是一个失败的母亲 |
[15:00] | Get back in your car, please. | 夫人请回到车里去 |
[15:01] | I have no help. My husband’s always away on business. | 我没有办法 我的丈夫总在外忙生意 |
[15:05] | I’m gonna have to ask you to step back now. | 我必须警告你马上回到车里 |
[15:07] | My babysitter joined the witness relocation program. | 我的保姆不干了 |
[15:11] | I haven’t slept through the night… | 我已经有六年 |
[15:12] | …in six years – Ma’am. | 没睡过好觉了 -夫人 |
[15:13] | And for you to stand there and judge me… | 你还在这里对我指手画脚 |
[15:27] | Ok. I’m not gonna give you a ticket. | 我不给你开罚单了 |
[15:31] | I’m just gonna let you off with a warning. | 只给你一个警告 |
[15:35] | I accept your apology. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[15:44] | Mom! He’s kicking me again! | 妈妈 他又踢我 |
[15:48] | Buckle up. | 系上安全带 |
[16:20] | – Mrs. Solis. – Hello, Jonathan. | -索利斯夫人 -你好乔纳森 |
[16:24] | Well, this is my room. Sorry about the mess. | 这是我房间 抱歉很乱 |
[16:28] | Oh, uh, don’t worry about it. | 没关系 |
[16:31] | You just missed my mom. | 我妈妈刚刚离开 |
[16:33] | On friday,she coaches my sister’s soccer team. | 周五她要给我妹妹的足球队当教练 |
[16:35] | Yes, I heard that. | 我听说了 |
[16:37] | John, we need to talk about what happened the other day. | 约翰我们得谈谈前几天发生的事 |
[16:42] | Mr. Solis isn’t catching on, is he? | 索利斯怀疑你了吗 |
[16:44] | No, no, he doesn’t have a clue, god love him. | 没有 他没有证据 |
[16:48] | It’s just I was thinking that when you come over to garden, | 我觉得你在花园里的时候 |
[16:52] | you might actually have to garden. | 应该做点园艺活了 |
[16:56] | Great, you’re breaking up with me. | 你是想跟我分手 |
[16:58] | In my own bedroom. | 还在我的卧室里 |
[17:00] | No, no. I’m not dumping you. | 不 没有 我没想甩你 |
[17:03] | Lately, you’ve been the only thing keeping me going. | 这几天 只有你能让我开心 |
[17:06] | But we can’t do it at my house anymore. | 但是我们不能在我家做爱了 |
[17:09] | Oh, so then, where do you want to do it? | 那么 你想在哪里 |
[17:12] | Well, what time does your mom get back from soccer practise? | 你妈妈什么时候从足球比赛回来 |
[17:18] | Mrs. Solis! | 索利斯夫人 |
[17:19] | Better hurry. We don’t have much time. | 最好快点 时间可不多 |
[17:36] | And so there’s just the four of us. | 我们家有四口人 |
[17:39] | My older son, Andrew, is 16, Danielle is 15 and… | 大儿子安德鲁16岁 丹妮尔15岁 |
[17:43] | I don’t need to see pictures. Bree, | 布里我不用看照片 |
[17:45] | you’ve spent most of the hour | 你大部分时间 |
[17:47] | engaging in small talk. | 都在说些题外话 |
[17:49] | – Oh, have I ? – Yes. | -是吗 -没错 |
[17:52] | Rex has been very vocal about his issues. | 雷克斯对他的问题畅所欲言 |
[17:55] | Don’t you want to discuss your feelings about your marriage? | 你不想谈谈你对你婚姻的感受吗 |
[18:04] | Um, doc… | 博士 |
[18:07] | This is the thing you got to know about Bree. | 你必须了解布里这点 |
[18:09] | She doesn’t like to talk about her feelings. | 她不愿意谈她的感受 |
[18:11] | To be honest, it’s hard to know if she has any. | 实话说 很难知道她有没有感情 |
[18:15] | Does she feel anger, rage, ecstasy? | 她会生气 暴怒 或者狂喜吗 |
[18:19] | Who knows? | 没人见过 |
[18:20] | She’s always pleasant, and I can’t | 她总是表现的很开心 |
[18:24] | tell you how annoying that is. | 你不知道我有多讨厌这点 |
[18:27] | Whatever she feels, it’s so far below the surface, | 她把情感都藏在心里 |
[18:33] | no one can see it. | 没人能知道 |
[18:37] | I feel like she’s using all these… | 我觉得她一直在用这些 |
[18:42] | Bree? | 布里 |
[18:45] | – Bree? – What? I’m sorry. | -布里 -怎么了 抱歉 |
[18:49] | Would you like to respond to what Rex just said? | 你愿意谈谈刚才雷克斯说的吗 |
[18:53] | – Oh, um… – Is there some truth there? | -哦 -他说的都是真的吗 |
[18:57] | Do you use housework as a way to disengage emotionally? | 你在用家务活掩盖你的情感吗 |
[19:02] | Of course not! | 当然不是 |
[19:07] | This is great. I got tons of homework tonight. | 真棒 我今天有很多作业 |
[19:12] | It’s easy to concentrate after sex. | 做爱以后注意力会很集中 |
[19:13] | I’m glad I could help. | 很高兴能帮上忙 |
[19:15] | Education’s very important. | 教育很重要 |
[19:17] | Oh, I got something for you. | 我有东西给你 |
[19:20] | I was gonna give it to you next time I | 我本来打算下次 |
[19:22] | mowed your lawn, but since you’re here. | 去修剪草坪时候给你 既然你来了 |
[19:27] | – Oh, it’s a rose. – It’s not just any rose. | -玫瑰 -它不是普通的玫瑰 |
[19:30] | Look at all the petals. There’s no flaws. | 看这些花瓣 没有瑕疵 |
[19:32] | – It’s perfect. – Oh, John. | -它很完美 -约翰 |
[19:36] | Just like you. | 就像你一样 |
[19:38] | The truth hit her like a thunderbolt. | 事实像雷电一样击中了她 |
[19:40] | I spent days looking for just the right one. | 我找这样的花很久了 |
[19:42] | I finally found it. | 终于找到了 |
[19:44] | For John, | 对于约翰来说 |
[19:46] | this was no longer a meaningless little affair. | 这已经不是简单的风流事了 |
[19:48] | Gabrielle could now clearly see | 加布丽尔明显地看出来 |
[19:51] | he was falling in love with her. | 他已经爱上她了 |
[19:52] | It’s just beautiful. | 太美了 |
[19:57] | I… I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[20:04] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[20:09] | Hey, you. What are we having? | 你都买什么了 |
[20:13] | I talked to Julie and she suggested rib-eye steaks. | 我问过朱莉了 她建议做肋排 |
[20:18] | – She said that’s your favorite. – I love my steak. | -她说那是她的最爱 -我喜欢吃排骨 |
[20:21] | Hi, Mike. | 麦克好啊 |
[20:24] | Susan. | 苏珊 |
[20:27] | Edie. | 伊迪 |
[20:29] | I’m sorry about your house. How you holding up? | 你房子的事情我很遗憾 还好吗 |
[20:31] | All right, I guess. Oh, is somebody having a party? | 还行吧 有人要办派对吗 |
[20:36] | No, Susan’s just throwing me | 不是 苏珊邀请我 |
[20:38] | a traditional welcome dinner. | 参加传统迎新邻居晚餐 |
[20:39] | Only I’m cooking. And having it at my house. | 我负责做饭 就在我家 |
[20:44] | Traditional? Hm! I didn’t get one. | 传统晚餐 我怎么不知道 |
[20:47] | Oh, it’s a new tradition. | 是个新传统 |
[20:50] | It won’t be anything fancy. Just a little home cooking. | 不会有什么新奇的东西 就是在家吃 |
[20:53] | Mm. That sounds so good. | 听起来不错嘛 |
[20:55] | Susan suddenly had an awful | 苏珊突然觉得 |
[20:57] | feling in the pit of her stomach. | 胃里有种不舒服的感觉 |
[20:59] | I’ve been having nothing but fast food lately. | 我最近一直在吃快餐 |
[21:02] | As if she was watching an accident in slow motion. | 她就好像在看一场事故的慢镜头 |
[21:07] | She knew it would happen, but was powerless to stop it. | 眼睁睁看着一切发生 却无力阻止 |
[21:16] | Edie, would you like to join us for dinner? | 伊迪 你愿意一块来吗 |
[21:18] | Oh, that’s so sweet. No, I don’t | 那真好 哦 不行 |
[21:21] | want to intrude. Three’s a crowd. | 我可不想做电灯泡 |
[21:24] | No, it’s not like that. I mean, Susan’s bringing Julie. | 不是你想的那样 朱莉也会来 |
[21:28] | It’s not like that. The more the merrier. | 不是那样的 人越多越热闹 |
[21:31] | – Well, this’ll be fun. – All right. Tomorrow night. | -那挺好的 -好 明晚见 |
[21:35] | – We’ll eat at six. – Great. | -六点开饭 -好极了 |
[21:38] | – Oh, and Susan… – Yeah? | -对了苏珊 -什么事 |
[21:40] | This’ll make up for the dinner that you never threw me. | 这次就算你弥补欠我的那顿饭了 |
[21:43] | Right. | 是啊 |
[21:45] | Ta-ta. | 拜拜 |
[21:47] | Should I have told her we were having steak. | 我应该告诉她我们会吃肋排吗 |
[21:49] | She’s not a vegetarian or something? | 她看起来像是素食者什么的 |
[21:51] | Oh, no. | 不用 |
[21:54] | No, Edie’s definitely a carnivore. | 伊迪绝对是个肉食者[暗指伊迪风流成性] |
[22:02] | Here’s, um… | 这些是 |
[22:03] | Here’s what I pulled for Edie. | 这些是我为伊迪准备的 |
[22:05] | Most of the clothes aren’t that stylish. | 大部分衣服都不太时髦 |
[22:08] | Don’t worry about it. Edie’s a beggar now, | 别担心 伊迪现在什么都没了 |
[22:11] | which means she can’t be a chooser. | 她没资格挑三拣四的 |
[22:13] | Of course, we don’t have to add salt to the wound. | 当然 我们也不能雪上加霜 |
[22:17] | Listen, I was just getting dinner ready… | 我要去准备晚餐了 |
[22:20] | Say no more. I’ll get out of your hair. | 不用招呼我 我就不打扰你了 |
[22:22] | No, no. | 客气 |
[22:23] | By the way, was that you I saw getting pulled | 对了 那天我看到有人被警察拦下 |
[22:26] | over by a policeman? | 是你吗 |
[22:28] | Yeah, the boys were acting up in the car, | 是的 孩子们在车里捣乱 |
[22:30] | I couldn’t get them to sit down. | 我没法让他们乖乖坐下来 |
[22:32] | Young boys can be so willful. | 小孩子们就是这么任性的 |
[22:35] | I try everything. | 我用尽了办法 |
[22:36] | I scream. I threaten. I reason. | 我向他们大吼 威胁 讲道理 |
[22:39] | I beg. Nothing works. | 甚至哀求 通通不管用 |
[22:41] | I don’t know if it’s because | 我不知道是不是 |
[22:42] | they’re too young and they don’t understand, | 因为他们太小了根本就不懂 |
[22:44] | or if they’re just getting some perverse joy out of testing me. | 还是他们以挑衅我取乐 |
[22:48] | My mother used to have the worst time with me in the car, | 我妈妈也曾因我在车上捣乱头疼 |
[22:51] | so one time when I was acting up, | 有一回我再次捣乱的时候 |
[22:53] | she stopped and left me on the side of the road, | 她停下车 把我扔在路边 |
[22:55] | and she drove off. | 然后就自己开车走了 |
[22:58] | You’re kidding? | 开玩笑吧 |
[23:00] | Oh, she came back immediately, | 当然 她很快就回来了 |
[23:02] | but I never misbehaved in the car again. | 但从此我在车上就乖乖听话了 |
[23:04] | You should try that. | 你应该试试 |
[23:06] | Mrs. Huber, I could never leave | 胡博太太 我永远不会 |
[23:08] | my kids by the side of the road. | 把我的孩子们丢在路边的 |
[23:10] | When it comes to discipline, | 当惩罚不管用的时候 |
[23:11] | sometimes you must be creative. | 你就得想想别的法子 |
[23:13] | My mother knew that. Smart lady. | 我母亲深知这点 她是个聪明的女人 |
[23:15] | Of course, she’s in a home now. | 当然 她现在已经不在了 |
[23:17] | And her mind has just turned to mush. | 但她的点子确实很管用 |
[23:22] | Well, like I said, I should go back and get dinner ready. | 差点忘了 我要回去准备晚餐了 |
[23:25] | Oh, right, well… Goodbye. | 是啊 再见 |
[23:29] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[23:32] | Susan, have you been able to find old clothes for Edie? | 苏珊 你能给伊迪找些旧衣服吗 |
[23:35] | She has nothing to wear. | 她没衣服穿了 |
[23:36] | I thought that was the look she was going for. | 那不正如她所愿了 |
[23:39] | Oh, Susan, Edie may be trash, | 苏珊 伊迪可能确实不怎么样 |
[23:42] | but she’s still a human being. | 但她好歹也是个人啊 |
[23:56] | Zach, is your dad home? I need to talk to him. | 扎克 你爸爸在家吗 我想和他谈谈 |
[24:09] | Hey, Paul, I hope I’m not interrupting. | 保罗 希望我没打扰你 |
[24:12] | Actually, I was getting ready to go somewhere. | 事实上 我正要出门 |
[24:15] | I just wanted to come by and say hello, | 我就是过来打个招呼 |
[24:18] | you know, see how you guys are doing. | 看看你们好不好 |
[24:19] | We’re trying to move on. It’s been pretty tough. | 我们是想让这事过去 但这太难了 |
[24:23] | I can only imagine. | 我能想象那种感觉 |
[24:25] | Not knowing why Mary Alice… | 不知道为什么玛丽·艾莉丝 |
[24:27] | – Why what? – Why she did it. | -什么为什么 -为什么她自杀 |
[24:30] | – Oh. Here, let me help you. – I’ve got it. I’ve got it. | -小心 我来帮你 -我自己来 我能搬动 |
[24:41] | I’m sorry if I upset you. | 如果让你伤心了我很抱歉 |
[24:44] | Can I be frank? | 我能坦率点吗 |
[24:45] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[24:47] | I don’t care what her reasons were. | 我不在乎她自杀的原因是什么 |
[24:49] | Maybe she was depressed, maybe she was bored. | 可能她很沮丧 可能她觉得很无聊 |
[24:51] | It doesn’t matter. | 都不重要 |
[24:52] | She abandoned her husband and her son | 但她就这样抛弃了她的丈夫和孩子 |
[24:55] | and I’ll never forgive her. | 我永远不会原谅她 |
[25:14] | As I watched Susan, I couldn’t help feeling sorry for her. | 当我看着苏珊 我觉得很抱歉 |
[25:18] | She wanted so much to know why I did it. | 她是如此的想要弄明白真相 |
[25:24] | Why I killed myself. | 为什么我要自杀 |
[25:28] | It’s not enough to want the truth. | 但仅仅想知道真相还远远不够 |
[25:33] | You must know where to look for it. | 你必须知道如何去找 |
[25:37] | And the truth is elusive | 但真相是难以琢磨的 |
[25:40] | because it knows where to hide. | 因为它知道如何隐藏自己 |
[25:52] | Hello, Julie, I talked to your mom | 朱莉 你好 我跟你妈妈说过 |
[25:54] | about donating some clothes for Edie. | 捐点衣服给伊迪的事情 |
[25:56] | She’s at Mrs. Van De Kamp’s, | 她在范德坎普太太家 |
[25:58] | but I’ll see if she left some stuff upstairs. | 我上楼看看她有没有留下什么 |
[26:33] | Oh, Julie, I-I was, um, just admiring your new measuring cup. | 朱莉 我只是在看你们的新量杯 |
[26:38] | – Yeah, we’ve lost ours. – Really? | -我们之前的那个丢了 -是吗 |
[26:42] | So I couldn’t find the clothes. Sorry. | 我没找到什么衣服 不好意思 |
[26:44] | That’s ok. | 没关系 |
[26:47] | If you want me to keep looking. | 你希望我再找找吗 |
[26:48] | No. You’ve done more than enough. | 不用 你做的已经够多了 |
[26:50] | Truly. | 真的 |
[26:58] | Bree. Rex just called. He won’t be able to meet you here today. | 布里 雷克斯刚刚电话来说他今天不能来了 |
[27:02] | Apparently, there was an emergency at the hospital. | 可能是医院出了一些紧急事件 |
[27:05] | Oh, well, I wish he’d called me. | 我希望他是给我打的电话 |
[27:09] | He suggested perhaps you’d like to meet with me by yourself. | 他建议你或许可以自己先跟我谈谈 |
[27:13] | You’ve been very quiet in our joint sessions. | 在我们的会面中你一直说的很少 |
[27:17] | What? | 什么 |
[27:18] | Oh, oh, oh, no, thank you. | 哦 不不 谢谢你 |
[27:21] | I have some things I need to do today. | 我今天还有别的事 |
[27:23] | – Are you sure? – Uh, yeah, I’m sure. | -你确定吗 -是 我确定 |
[27:27] | Ok. | 好的 |
[27:37] | Dr. Goldfine, there is something you can do for me. | 高德芬博士 有一件事你可以帮我 |
[27:41] | – What’s that? – Take off your coat. | -什么事 -把你的外套脱下来 |
[27:47] | So you’re taking Julie on your dinner date with Mike? | 所以你得带上朱莉和麦克共进晚餐 |
[27:50] | Well, if Edie’s gonna be there, | 是的 如果伊迪也在那的话 |
[27:52] | I’ll need emotional support. | 我需要一些精神支持 |
[27:53] | I can’t believe she wormed her way in. | 我真不敢相信她插手了 |
[27:55] | How did you let her do that? | 你就让她这么做了吗 |
[27:57] | I don’t know. I was going to take her out at the knees, | 我不知道 我正要把她踢开 |
[27:58] | but it all happened so fast. | 但事情发生的太快了 |
[28:00] | Well, you know what you need to do. | 你知道你要怎么做吗 |
[28:02] | You need to get there early, | 你要尽早到那里 |
[28:03] | spend a little time with Mike before the little barracuda gets there. | 在那个女人来之前跟麦克多待一会 |
[28:06] | That’s a good idea. Edie will get there at 5:45, | 好主意 伊迪五点四十五分到那 |
[28:09] | which means her breasts will arrive at 5:30, | 那意味着她会猴急的五点半就到 |
[28:11] | so I should shoot for 5:00. | 那我应该五点就出现 |
[28:13] | That a girl. | 这才对 |
[28:13] | I’m just going to take these upstairs. | 我把这些东西拿上楼 |
[28:16] | I’m going to keep my one little bag and go home. | 我就拿这个小袋子回家了 |
[28:23] | That is a beautiful rose. Where did you get it? | 这玫瑰真漂亮 你从哪弄来的 |
[28:26] | Oh, John gave it to me. | 约翰送我的 |
[28:29] | John… your gardener, he gave you a rose? | 约翰 你的园丁 他送你玫瑰 |
[28:32] | Yes… I am having some new bushes planted outside, | 是的 我在外面弄了一块新的花园 |
[28:37] | and he gave me that as a color palette. | 他就给了我这个来做些点缀 |
[28:42] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[28:46] | Sure is beautiful, isn’t it? | 这花真是太美了 对吧 |
[28:53] | Yes, it is. | 是的 真的很美 |
[28:55] | I’m sure Freud would not approve of this. | 我确定弗洛伊德不会赞成这个的 |
[28:59] | Oh, who cares what he thinks? | 谁管弗洛伊德怎么想 |
[29:01] | I took psychology in college. | 我大学时学过心理学 |
[29:02] | We learned all about Freud. | 我们学的全是弗洛伊德 |
[29:04] | A miserable human being. | 一个可悲的人 |
[29:06] | What makes you say that? | 你为什么会这么说 |
[29:07] | Think about it. | 想想看 |
[29:08] | He grew up in the late 1800s. | 他生活在十八世纪晚期 |
[29:11] | There were no appliances back then. | 那时候还没有任何电器 |
[29:13] | His mother had to do everything by hand, | 他母亲不得不亲手做每一件事情 |
[29:16] | just backbreaking work from sun up to sundown. | 忙忙碌碌从早到晚 |
[29:19] | Not to mention the countless | 更别提她为了照顾好她的家庭 |
[29:21] | other sacrifices she had to make | 而做出的其他那些 |
[29:23] | to take care of her family, and what does he do? | 难以衡量的牺牲 而当时他在做什么 |
[29:26] | He becomes famous peddling a theory | 他发表了一种广为人知的理论 |
[29:28] | that the problems of most adults | 而这种理论就是 绝大多数成年人的问题 |
[29:30] | can be traced back to | 都可以归结到他们母亲做过的 |
[29:32] | something awful their mother has done. | 某些可怕的事情上去 |
[29:34] | She must’ve felt so betrayed. | 他母亲一定很难受 |
[29:37] | He saw how hard she worked. | 他看到了她有多么辛苦 |
[29:39] | He saw what she did for him. | 也看到了她为他所做的一切 |
[29:42] | Did he even ever think to say thank you? | 他曾想过要对她说谢谢吗 |
[29:50] | I doubt it. | 我很怀疑 |
[30:00] | There you go. | 缝好了 |
[30:02] | Just so you know, many of Freud’s | 你要知道 弗洛伊德的很多理论 |
[30:05] | theories have been discredited. | 都倍受怀疑和争议 |
[30:08] | Good. | 很好 |
[30:17] | Boys, I am not gonna tell you again. Sit. | 小子们 我再说最后一次 坐下 |
[30:22] | I mean it. I am serious. | 我认真的 |
[30:24] | You guys are gonna be in so much trouble | 如果你们再不坐下 |
[30:26] | if you don’t sit back in those seats. | 就会有大麻烦了 |
[30:34] | For the first time, | 勒奈特第一次发现 |
[30:36] | Lynette could see this was not the innocent play of children. | 这不仅仅是小孩们的游戏了 |
[30:40] | She was being challenged. | 他们在挑战她的极限 |
[30:43] | So she decided it was time to get creative. | 所以她决定是时候要用点办法了 |
[30:55] | Out! Can’t behave, | 出来 我警告过 |
[30:57] | you heard me, you cannot ride. | 不听话就不能坐车了 |
[31:00] | You, out, move it. | 你 出来 快点 |
[31:11] | Where is she going? | 她要去哪 |
[31:21] | Ok. Mommy’s a genius. | 妈妈是个天才 |
[31:24] | Five, six, all right. | 五 六 好了 |
[31:37] | Uh, mommy’ll be right back. | 妈妈很快就回来 |
[31:42] | Boys? Boys? | 孩子们 孩子们 |
[31:45] | Boys?! | 宝贝们 |
[31:50] | Porter! Preston! Parker! | 波特 普雷斯顿 帕克 |
[31:53] | If you’re hiding, you’ve got to stop now, | 如果你们藏起来了 赶紧给我出来 |
[31:55] | cause mommy doesn’t think it’s funny! | 妈妈觉得一点都不好玩 |
[31:57] | Oh! excuse me. | 哦 不好意思 |
[31:59] | I’m sorry. I’m looking for my boys. | 对不起 我在找我的孩子 |
[32:01] | Three boys with red hair. Have you seen them? | 三个红色头发的男孩 你看见他们了吗 |
[32:02] | Yeah. I also saw you drive away and leave them. | 当然 我还看见你把他们扔下自己开车走了 |
[32:05] | I know. I was just trying to scare them into behaving. | 我只是想吓唬一下好让他们乖一点 |
[32:07] | Did you see where they went? | 你看到他们去哪了吗 |
[32:08] | Yeah, they’re in my kitchen. | 他们在我厨房里 |
[32:10] | Listen, it seems to me that you | 听着 在我看来 |
[32:12] | have some anger management issues. | 你在情绪控制上有些问题 |
[32:15] | I have four kids under six. | 我有四个不到六岁的孩子 |
[32:17] | I absolutely have anger management issues. | 我当然得好好控制情绪 |
[32:20] | I think you need to talk to somebody | 我觉得你需要找人谈谈 |
[32:22] | because abandoning your children… | 因为你居然遗弃了自己的孩子 |
[32:24] | I didn’t abandon them. I came back. | 我没有遗弃他们 我回来了 |
[32:26] | I’m just saying it’s not normal. | 我是说 这可不是件寻常小事 |
[32:28] | My kids aren’t normal | 我的孩子们本来就不寻常 |
[32:30] | and now I don’t have time for this, lady, so — | 而且女士我现在真的没时间谈这个 |
[32:32] | Boys, get out here. | 孩子们 出来 |
[32:34] | I don’t think they should go anywhere | 除非你冷静下来 |
[32:35] | until you calm down. | 不然我不会让他们出来的 |
[32:37] | – Get in the car. – She’s got cookies. | -上车 -她给了我们饼干 |
[32:40] | – Bring them, we’re leaving. – Stay put. | -带上它们 我们要走了 -不许动 |
[32:43] | – I don’t think so. Oh! – Listen, lady… | -我不同意 -听着 女士 |
[32:45] | – Leave my mommy alone. – Let go of me. | -别碰我妈妈 -让我过去 |
[32:48] | – What’s the matter with you? – Son of bi… Ah! | -你有什么神经病 -婊 噢 |
[32:54] | – Run, boys, run! – Come on! | -快跑 孩子们 跑 -快 |
[33:02] | – Oh, crap. – Get back here. | -糟了 -给我回来 |
[33:04] | Boys, you’re gonna need to put on your… | 孩子们 你们需要系好 |
[33:12] | Get back or I’m gonna call social services. | 给我回来 我要叫保安了 |
[33:36] | Oh, my god! Carlos, what have you done? | 哦 上帝啊 卡洛斯你在干什么 |
[33:40] | I saw it when I drove by the dealership. | 经过汽车经销店的时候我看到了它 |
[33:42] | I thought Gabrielle will look beautiful in this. | 我想我的加布丽尔坐在里面肯定很漂亮 |
[33:45] | Carlos! | 卡洛斯 |
[33:48] | It cost me an arm and a leg. | 我可是花了大价钱 |
[33:50] | It’s got GPS navigation, 200 watt stereo system… | 它有GPS自动搜寻系统 200瓦立体声环绕 |
[33:53] | It is beautiful. | 太漂亮了 |
[33:56] | So did I take your breath away? | 算是一个惊喜了吧 |
[34:00] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[34:05] | Is it the best gift you’ve ever gotten? | 这是不是你得过最好的礼物呢 |
[34:07] | Gabrielle could see what this gesture had cost Carlos, | 加布丽尔知道这花了卡洛斯多少钱 |
[34:11] | so she responded the only way she knew how. | 所以她用她唯一知道的方式来报答 |
[34:20] | She had a feling the truth would’ve | 她觉得反正她的丈夫永远 |
[34:22] | been lost on her husband anyway. | 都不会知道真相 |
[34:25] | After all, it’s the rare man who understands the value | 毕竟 很少有人理解 |
[34:29] | of a single perfect rose. | 一支完美玫瑰的含义 |
[34:54] | – Susan. – I hope you don’t mind. | -苏珊 -我希望你不要介意 |
[34:56] | I came by early to help you set up. | 我想早点过来帮忙 |
[34:58] | – Oh, um… – Hey, Susan. | -这个 -嗨 苏珊 |
[35:03] | Don’t worry, we have everything under control. | 别担心 一切都在我们的掌控之下 |
[35:11] | Bongo! I don’t know why he barks at you. | 邦戈 我不明白它为什么老是冲你叫 |
[35:14] | I wouldn’t take it personally. | 我不是针对你 |
[35:17] | Dogs are very sensitive. | 狗是很敏感的动物 |
[35:19] | What’s up, Bongo? | 怎么了 邦戈 |
[35:20] | You never know what freaks them out, huh? | 你永远不知道是什么吓到了它们 |
[35:22] | In the distance, Susan thought she heard a bell ring. | 远远的 苏珊仿佛听到了一声警报 |
[35:26] | Is it a strange noise? | 是奇怪的响声吗 |
[35:28] | What is it? A weird smell? | 还是什么 奇怪的味道 |
[35:30] | Round one…had started. | 第一轮比赛开始 |
[35:33] | All I’m saying is | 我想说的是 |
[35:35] | this whole it takes two to mess | 婚姻是两个人的问题 |
[35:37] | up a marriage theory is bull. | 这话纯属无稽之谈 |
[35:39] | The problems that we have are because of her. | 我们的问题都在于她 |
[35:40] | That is not true, Rex. | 不是这样的 雷克斯 |
[35:42] | What have I been doing for the past | 我在过去的20年 |
[35:45] | 20 years that’s been so awful? | 有做过什么糟糕的事吗 |
[35:47] | You’re not saying anything because | 你不能抱怨是因为 |
[35:49] | I’ve been a great husband. | 我一直以来都是个好丈夫 |
[35:51] | And it kills you to admit that. | 你却打死不愿意承认 |
[35:52] | Rex, I’m curious. | 雷克斯 我很好奇 |
[35:54] | Do you ever acknowledge the benefits of living with Bree? | 你有没有想过跟布里一起住的好处 |
[36:01] | – Huh? – By your own admission, | -什么 -根据你的叙述 |
[36:03] | your home’s always clean, | 你的家永远是干净的 |
[36:05] | your clothes always freshly pressed, | 衣服永远是慰平的 |
[36:07] | sounds like a wonderful cook, | 食物永远是好吃的 |
[36:09] | despite her flaws, | 除了她本身的过错 |
[36:11] | do you ever remember to say thank you? | 你有没有想过说声 谢谢 |
[36:17] | – Thank you? – Yes. | -说谢谢 -是的 |
[36:24] | Bongo! Get down! Down! | 邦戈 下去 下去 |
[36:27] | – Go away. – Down. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | -走开 -下去 不好意思 |
[36:31] | So who’s the guy that lives across from Mrs. Huber again? | 那个 你刚说住在胡博太太街对面的是谁 |
[36:34] | That’s Mr. Mullen. If he invites you in, | 是缪伦先生 他想邀请你去他家 |
[36:36] | you have to meet all of his pets. | 他会让你和所有的宠物打招呼 |
[36:38] | That’s ok. I love animals. | 那没关系 我喜欢动物 |
[36:40] | He’s a taxidermist. | 他收集动物标本 |
[36:42] | Oh, ok, thanks for the warning. | 哦 这样 谢谢提醒 |
[36:47] | Isn’t Mr. Mullen’s brother your divorce attorney? | 缪伦先生的兄弟是你的离婚律师吧 |
[36:51] | Uh, yes, yes, he was. | 是 他是 |
[36:54] | Can I say something? | 其实 |
[36:56] | In my heart, I still believe that you | 在我心里 我一直相信你 |
[36:58] | and Karl are gonna get back together. | 和卡尔会最终复合 |
[37:02] | – Really? – Oh, yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[37:04] | I’ve never seen two people more in love. | 我再也没有见过比他们更相爱的了 |
[37:06] | She’s never gonna find that kind of | 她再也不能找到另一个 |
[37:08] | chemistry with another man. Never. | 跟她有如此火花的男人 肯定不能 |
[37:10] | It was everything Susan could do to keep a smile on her face. | 苏珊 所能做的就是尽力保持微笑 |
[37:14] | Round two was underway, | 第二轮比赛开始 |
[37:15] | and she was already taking a beating. | 她已经遭遇了重重一击 |
[37:17] | You know, Mrs. Britt… | 你知道吗 布利特夫人 |
[37:19] | What Edie hadn’t counted on… | 伊迪 没有料到的是 |
[37:20] | I always liked… | 我很喜欢 |
[37:21] | Susan had someone in her corner. | 苏珊还有个小帮手 |
[37:24] | Mr. Rothwell, your fourth husband. | 罗斯威尔先生 你的第四任丈夫 |
[37:26] | He was my second husband. I’ve only been married twice. | 他是我第二任 我只结过两次婚 |
[37:31] | Twice? You weren’t married to the tattooed | 两次吗 你没有跟那个满身纹身 |
[37:33] | guy they took away in handcuffs? | 最后被手铐铐走的那个人结婚 |
[37:35] | No, Julie, she wasn’t married to Javier. | 没有 朱莉 她没有跟哈维尔结婚 |
[37:38] | That was just one of her special friends. | 他只是她一个特别的朋友 |
[37:40] | I think we should change the subject. | 我觉得我们是不是应该换个话题 |
[37:43] | Unless you want to keep talking about it. | 除非你还想谈 |
[37:48] | – Bongo, get down. – Wait. | -邦戈 下去 -等一下 |
[37:50] | – Let me show you something. – He loves that gravy. | -你快看 -他超喜欢这个肉汁 |
[37:53] | Come. While you were in there tossing a salad, | 当你在那边做沙拉的时候 |
[37:55] | I taught him something. | 我教了他一些东西 |
[37:57] | Up. Oh… | 起来 |
[37:59] | Susan was furious with Edie | 苏珊很恼怒 伊迪用一只狗 |
[38:02] | for using a dog to ingratiate herself with its owner. | 来博取他主人的好感 |
[38:05] | She was also furious with Mike for not | 她也恼怒麦克 |
[38:07] | seing through this blatant maneuver. | 没有看出这一明显的作秀 |
[38:10] | But mostly… | 但她最恼怒的是 |
[38:12] | …I’m gonna get the desserts. | 我去拿甜点 |
[38:14] | …She was furious with herself for not having thought of it first. | 她自己没有先想到这一招 |
[38:19] | I can barely get him to sit. | 我连叫它坐下都不能 |
[38:22] | Best dog ever. Yes, you are. | 它是最好的狗 没错 |
[38:25] | I’ve never seen him walk on two legs. | 我从来没见它用两条腿走路过 |
[38:28] | He knows who to come to. | 他知道该听谁的 |
[38:37] | Here’s your dessert. | 甜点来了 |
[38:38] | Thank you. Mike, this looks yummy. | 谢谢 麦克 看上去好吃极了 |
[38:46] | Oh, look at that. Looks like bongo’s | 看那 看上去邦戈 |
[38:48] | finally warming up to Susan. | 终于跟苏珊亲密起来 |
[38:50] | Ooh, we just got off on the wrong foot. | 我们只是一开始没有相处好 |
[38:53] | We’re best buddies now. | 我们现在是好朋友了 |
[38:58] | Oh, what a good boy! | 真乖 |
[39:02] | – Bango, are you ok? – What’s wrong with him? | -邦戈 你还好吧 -它怎么了 |
[39:05] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[39:06] | I’ve never heard him make that sound. | 从来没有听过它发出这样的叫声 |
[39:09] | – You ok, fella? – Mom? | -你还好吧 -妈妈 |
[39:11] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[39:12] | Where is your earring? | 你的耳环呢 |
[39:14] | You ok? | 你还好吗 |
[39:22] | Call the vet, the number’s on the fridge. | 打电话给兽医 电话在冰箱上 |
[39:24] | Tell him I’ll be right there. | 告诉他我马上到 |
[39:25] | Don’t worry. | 别着急 |
[39:26] | I’ll stay here and get everything cleaned up. | 我会在这儿把一切整理干净的 |
[39:28] | Thanks, Edie. | 谢谢 伊迪 |
[39:31] | Is there anything I can do? | 我能做些什么吗 |
[39:35] | No. | 不用了 |
[40:05] | How’s Bongo doing? | 邦戈怎么样了 |
[40:07] | I’m waiting to see if they’ll have to operate. | 我还在等 不知道要不要手术 |
[40:10] | Oh, god! | 天啊 |
[40:17] | I stopped and I got this for… | 我买了这个 给 |
[40:21] | I am just so sorry for this. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:23] | I’m really sorry I snapped at you. I just… | 对不起我吼了你 我只是 |
[40:25] | – Oh, no, it’s ok. – Good news. | -哦 没关系 -好消息 |
[40:29] | – We won’t have to do surgery. – Oh, that’s great. | -我们不用做手术了 -太好了 |
[40:33] | We’ve given him something to help pass the earring. | 我们给了它点药让它排出耳环 |
[40:35] | When he does, would you like us to retrieve it for you? | 你还想要你回你的耳环吗 |
[40:38] | I’m gonna say no. | 我想不用了 |
[40:40] | Ok. You should be able to take him home in about an hour. | 一小时后就可以带它回家了 |
[40:44] | Wow. You must be so relieved. | 这下你放心了 |
[40:50] | I’m sorry, I was just really worried. | 对不起 我只是太担心 |
[40:53] | It was your dog. I get it. | 那是你的狗 我理解 |
[40:55] | Actually, he was my wife’s dog, | 其实是我妻子的狗 |
[40:58] | one of the last thing’s she said to | 在医院她离开前交代的 |
[41:00] | me in the hospital before she died | 最后一件事 |
[41:02] | was to be sure I looked after | 就是让我照顾好它 |
[41:05] | him and I promised her I would. | 我答应了她我会的 |
[41:07] | And just like that, | 就这样 |
[41:09] | Susan could suddenly see something she’d never seen before. | 苏珊明白了以前没有明白的事 |
[41:14] | He, uh, meant so much to her. | 它 对她很重要 |
[41:16] | Mike Delfino was still in love with his late wife. | 麦克·德尔非诺仍然爱着他死去的妻子 |
[41:21] | And if something had happened, | 如果有事发生 |
[41:23] | I would’ve felt like I’d failed her. | 我会觉得我让她失望了 |
[41:26] | I know that sounds stupid, but… | 我知道这听上去很傻 但是 |
[41:28] | And she knew right then, | 她现在明白 |
[41:30] | neither she nor Edie would be laying | 她和伊迪都不能 |
[41:32] | claim to his heart any time soon. | 快速俘获他的心 |
[41:34] | No, it doesn’t. Not at all. | 不 这不傻 一点也不 |
[41:37] | So she decided, for now, she could | 她决定 从现在开始 |
[41:39] | settle for just being his friend. | 她可以仅仅只是做他的朋友 |
[41:42] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[41:44] | Well, for Bongo. You give it to him. | 给邦戈的 你交给它 |
[42:01] | Yes, as I look back at the world I left behind, | 没错 当我回头看这世界 |
[42:04] | it’s all so clear to me. | 一切都很清楚 |
[42:08] | The beauty that waits to be unveiled. | 那些等待被发现的美丽 |
[42:11] | The mysteries that long to be uncovered | 那些没被发现的秘密 |
[42:17] | But people so rarely stop to take a look. | 但是人们很少停下来看一看 |
[42:22] | They just keep moving. | 他们总是埋头前进 |
[42:29] | It’s a shame, really. | 这真是个遗憾 |
[42:31] | There’s so much to see | 其实他们能看到更多 |