时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | So you saw a dvd in the safe? | 所以你在保险柜中看到了一张光盘 |
[00:03] | It had Flora’s name on it. | 上面有芙罗拉的名字 |
[00:05] | That has to be the one. You’ve got to get it. | 肯定就是那一张 你得拿到它才行 |
[00:06] | I will marry you if I can still be a father. | 如果我还能当父亲的话 我就娶你 |
[00:10] | Exactly what are you suggesting? | 你到底是什么意思 |
[00:11] | I want Valentina to give us one of her eggs. | 我想让瓦伦蒂娜给我们捐献卵子 |
[00:15] | Where’s his suitcase? | 他的行李箱呢 |
[00:16] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[00:17] | – You’re going back to rehab. – What?! | -你要去康复中心 -什么 |
[00:19] | I didn’t know you and Mr. Powell had a son. | 我不知道你和鲍威尔先生还有儿子 |
[00:21] | We don’t anymore. He was killed. | 现在没有了 他被杀害了 |
[00:23] | It’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed the company | 我有很久没和那么可爱的孩子 |
[00:25] | of such an adorable child. | 待在一起了 |
[00:27] | Brought back a lot of wonderful memories. | 让我想起了很多美好的回忆 |
[00:30] | I saw the cytoxan in your medicine cabinet. | 我看到你药柜里的环磷酰胺[抗癌药]了 |
[00:32] | That’s what the doctors gave my mother. | 医生给我母亲开的也是那个 |
[00:34] | She had cancer? | 她也得了癌症吗 |
[00:36] | – Have you told Alejandro? – No. | -你跟亚历翰卓说过吗 -没有 |
[00:38] | Nobody knows. | 没人知道 |
[00:43] | All the suits have listened to the new CD. | 行政人员都听了新CD |
[00:45] | You know what word they’re starting to toss around? | 你知道他们开始说什么词了吗 |
[00:48] | “Genius.” | “天才” |
[00:49] | Well, that’s nice, | 很好 |
[00:51] | but I don’t think it’s ready yet. | 但我觉得还没准备好 |
[00:53] | The gazpacho is ready. | 西班牙凉菜汤做好了 |
[00:55] | Uh, we’ll be right there. | 我们马上去 |
[00:58] | Odessa, | 奥黛莎 |
[01:00] | who’s that guy having lunch with Alejandro? | 和亚历翰卓共进午餐的人是谁 |
[01:02] | His agent, Jackson Narino. | 他的经纪人杰克逊·纳里诺 |
[01:04] | He’s slimy, but very important. | 他很谄媚 但是重要人士 |
[01:07] | Did you finish the salad? | 沙拉做好了吗 |
[01:08] | Two hours ago. It’s in the fridge. | 两小时前就好了 在冰箱里 |
[01:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:13] | You look awful. | 你气色不好 |
[01:14] | And you dress like a tramp. | 而你穿得像个荡妇 |
[01:16] | Isn’t it nice we can be honest with each other? | 我们能互相坦诚 真是太好了 |
[01:18] | Seriously, I’m worried about you. | 说真的 我很担心你 |
[01:22] | Has the chemo been terrible? | 化疗不好过吗 |
[01:23] | Well, it’s not for sissies. | 胆小鬼可挺不过来 |
[01:26] | When are you gonna tell Alejandro you’re sick? | 你什么时候打算告诉亚历翰卓你生病了 |
[01:27] | – I can’t. – Why not? | -我不能说 -为什么 |
[01:29] | He would be devastated. | 他会震惊的 |
[01:31] | Besides, he has so much on his mind right now. | 而且 他目前已经够操心的了 |
[01:34] | Odessa. | 奥黛莎 |
[01:34] | I am not telling him! | 我不会告诉他 |
[01:35] | And I’m sorry I told you. | 我真不该告诉你 |
[01:41] | I didn’t mean that. | 我不是那个意思 |
[01:42] | I’m just tired. | 我只是很累 |
[01:45] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[01:49] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[01:50] | – Odessa. – Yes? | -奥黛莎 -什么事 |
[01:51] | Your hair! | 你的头发 |
[01:52] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[01:53] | – It’s falling out. – What?! | -你脱发了 -什么 |
[01:55] | Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[01:56] | It must be the chemo. | 肯定是化疗导致的 |
[01:57] | Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[01:59] | Odessa, it’s everywhere. | 奥黛莎 头发到处都是 |
[02:00] | Look, it’s on the cake… | 瞧 在蛋糕上 |
[02:02] | And the sandwiches! | 还有三明治上 |
[02:03] | How did I not see this? | 我怎么没看见 |
[02:04] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[02:07] | – The soup! – The soup! | -汤 -汤 |
[02:08] | The whole time I was listening to it, | 我听着新专辑的时候 |
[02:09] | I was thinking… “Grammy.” | 就一直在想 “格莱美得主” |
[02:11] | – I think you’re being very polite. – No. | -你是在说客套话啦 -不是 |
[02:15] | – What the… – It’s time for the salad. | -搞什么 -该吃沙拉了 |
[02:17] | But we haven’t tasted the soup yet. | 但我们还没尝过汤呢 |
[02:18] | You had your chance. | 你错失良机了 |
[02:22] | She’s Russian. | 她可是俄罗斯人 |
[02:45] | Come in! | 进来 |
[02:49] | Did you talk to him? | 你和他谈过了吗 |
[02:51] | Yes. | 谈过了 |
[02:54] | He’s agreed to a settlement. | 他同意和解 |
[02:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:57] | Only in exchange for a graceful end | 只是用来换取一个 |
[03:01] | to the situation. | 得体的结局 |
[03:02] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[03:03] | It means if you keep your mouth shut, | 意思是如果你不声张 |
[03:06] | you get this check. | 就能得到这张支票 |
[03:11] | Are you kidding me? | 你逗我吧 |
[03:12] | That’s very generous. | 这已经是大手笔了 |
[03:14] | This is nothing. Your client raped me. | 这补偿不了 你的客户强奸了我 |
[03:16] | But how is that possible? | 但那怎么可能 |
[03:18] | You’re a prostitute. | 你是个妓女 |
[03:19] | You were paid to have sex with him. | 你和他做爱是收了钱的 |
[03:21] | As soon as I found out who he was, | 我一发现了他的身份 |
[03:23] | I told him to stop. He didn’t. | 就叫他停下来 但他没有 |
[03:25] | That’s called rape. | 这就叫强奸 |
[03:26] | And that gets me a hell of a lot more | 那让我能得到的赔偿 |
[03:28] | than this lousy check. | 比这张破支票高得多 |
[03:31] | I’m not sure what happened that night. | 我不知道那晚发生了什么 |
[03:33] | All I know is you don’t have proof. | 我只知道你没有证据 |
[03:34] | Without that, we don’t back up the money truck | 没有证据 我们才不会 |
[03:36] | to your doorstep. | 给你赔偿 |
[03:38] | Okay. What do I get for a baby? | 好吧 那我的宝宝值多少钱 |
[03:43] | What? | 什么 |
[03:45] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[03:46] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[03:49] | Are you saying that my client is the father? | 你是说我客户是孩子的父亲吗 |
[03:52] | No, but he knows who is. | 但他知道是谁 |
[03:56] | And they are very close. | 而他们非常亲密 |
[03:59] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[04:00] | Now I have bills to pay, and a grandmother to support. | 我还要付账单 供养祖母 |
[04:04] | So I need a check immediately. | 所以我马上要一张支票 |
[04:06] | And when I deposit this thing, | 当我存下这笔钱时 |
[04:08] | I want to see the bank teller gasp. | 我要看到银行柜员倒吸一口气 |
[04:12] | You got it? | 明白吗 |
[04:14] | You have no idea who you’re screwing with. | 你不知道自己惹了什么角色 |
[04:17] | I’ve seen this guy in action. He is beyond vicious. | 我见过他动手 简直是心狠手辣 |
[04:21] | And if you back him into a corner, | 要是你把他逼急了 |
[04:25] | there’s no telling what he might do. | 难说他会干出什么事 |
[04:32] | I’m not worried. | 我才不担心 |
[04:42] | This is the DVD Rosie found? | 这就是罗西找到的光盘吗 |
[04:44] | Adrian kept it in his safe. | 艾德里安把它收在保险箱里 |
[04:46] | I don’t see why. It’s a whole lot of nothing. | 何必呢 里面没有任何有用信息 |
[04:50] | Well, I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[04:52] | It proves that Michael Stappord knows who raped Flora. | 它能证明迈克尔·斯塔普德知道是谁强奸了芙罗拉 |
[04:55] | He was representing the guy. | 他是这人的代表律师 |
[04:56] | At $600 an hour, | 一小时六百美金的价 |
[04:58] | you can bet he’s taking that name to the grave. | 他肯定死都不会说出那个人的名字 |
[05:00] | Can’t the judge make him tell? | 法官不能逼他说吗 |
[05:02] | He basically admitted that his client was violent. | 他已经承认了自己的委托人很暴力 |
[05:04] | He’ll say he was exaggerating to get Flora to lower her price. | 他会说这是为了让芙罗拉降价故意夸大的 |
[05:09] | God. | 天哪 |
[05:14] | I hate lawyers. | 律师真是讨厌 |
[05:15] | We did learn one useful thing. | 不过我们确实知道了一件有用的事 |
[05:19] | The man that raped her is not the father of her baby. | 强奸她的人不是孩子的父亲 |
[05:22] | And there is some kind of connection between them. | 而这两人之间又有某种联系 |
[05:25] | So which one killed her? | 到底是哪个杀了她 |
[05:27] | My theory was always, | 我一直猜的是 |
[05:28] | a guy who rapes is more likely to kill. | 强奸犯更有可能是凶手 |
[05:30] | I don’t know. | 不好说 |
[05:31] | There are an awful lot of guys out there | 也有很多臭男人 |
[05:32] | who don’t want to pay child support. | 不肯付子女抚养费 |
[05:34] | So… now we just | 现在我们只要 |
[05:37] | need to find out who the father was. | 查出孩子的生父是谁 |
[05:39] | Is there anyone Flora might have told? | 芙罗拉会告诉什么人吗 |
[05:42] | Someone we overlooked? | 我们忽略的人 |
[05:44] | On the DVD… | 在光盘上 |
[05:46] | didn’t she say something about a grandmother? | 她不是提起了祖母吗 |
[05:52] | It’s his birthday! | 今天是他的生日 |
[05:56] | He turns 1 year old today. | 他今天一岁了 |
[05:57] | When Mrs. Peri gets back from New York on Friday, | 佩里太太周五从纽约回来时 |
[06:00] | we’re gonna have cake and presents. | 我们会吃蛋糕 准备礼物 |
[06:03] | Can I come? | 我能去吗 |
[06:05] | Well, it–it’s just me and the family. | 就我和他们一家人 |
[06:08] | Would it be weird for me to drop in unannounced? | 我突然登门会不会有点奇怪 |
[06:10] | I can tell them I’m Tucker’s friend. | 我可以说我是塔科的朋友 |
[06:11] | And bring a ridiculously expensive gift. | 再给他买一份超贵的礼物 |
[06:14] | Yes, that would be weird. | 会 很奇怪 |
[06:17] | Which part? | 哪里奇怪 |
[06:18] | All of it. | 都很奇怪 |
[06:20] | Well, it was just a thought. | 我就这么一说 |
[06:23] | I’m gonna give him some strained peaches. | 我去喂他吃点滤干的桃子 |
[06:24] | That’ll give you time to finish this floor. | 你就有足够的时间打扫地板了 |
[06:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:30] | But it won’t take too long. | 不需要多久的 |
[06:38] | Hello there. | 你好啊 |
[06:41] | Oh, you’re back. | 您回来了 |
[06:43] | Hi. I’m Rosie, your new maid. | 我叫罗西 是新来的女佣 |
[06:46] | Are you really? | 真的吗 |
[06:48] | Tell me, Rosie, | 告诉我 罗西 |
[06:49] | uh, where is that bunion that I’m married to? | 我们家那个死女人哪去了 |
[06:51] | Mrs. Evelyn? | 伊芙琳太太吗 |
[06:53] | She’s in the kitchen with the baby. | 她和孩子在厨房里 |
[06:56] | Baby? What baby? | 孩子 什么孩子 |
[06:58] | I also work for Peri Westmore. | 我还给佩里·韦斯特莫打工 |
[07:01] | I bring her son here while I clean. | 我过来打扫时就把她儿子一起带来 |
[07:03] | You’ve done this before? | 你以前这么做过吗 |
[07:04] | Many times. | 很多次了 |
[07:08] | Since you’ve been bringing him here, | 既然你总带他过来 |
[07:10] | has, uh, Evelyn… | 伊芙琳有没有 |
[07:12] | grown attached to the boy? | 特别喜欢那孩子 |
[07:15] | How do you know that? | 您怎么知道 |
[07:17] | Listen to me, do us both a favor. | 听我说 帮咱俩一个忙 |
[07:19] | Take that child out of this house | 把那孩子带离这屋子 |
[07:22] | and never bring him back here. | 再也别带他回来 |
[07:25] | Do you understand? | 明白吗 |
[07:27] | Not really. But I’ll go get him. | 不太明白 但我现在就去抱他 |
[07:31] | And, Rosie? | 罗西 |
[07:33] | Obviously, you can come back anytime you want. | 当然 你想什么时候来都行 |
[07:47] | Who’s all this for? | 这排场是为了谁 |
[07:49] | You. | 为你啊 |
[07:50] | Me? | 我 |
[07:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:53] | I made sandwiches! | 我做了三明治 |
[07:55] | You don’t know how to make sandwiches. | 你都不知道怎么做 |
[07:57] | Well, I know how to order them. | 我会叫外卖啊 |
[07:59] | It’s practically the same thing. | 差不多是一回事嘛 |
[08:02] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[08:03] | Tell me what you want first. | 你先说你要什么 |
[08:05] | Zoila. | 佐拉 |
[08:06] | You only get domestic when you want something. | 你有所求时才会这么乖 |
[08:09] | So let’s just skip the roast beef | 跳过吃吃喝喝什么的 |
[08:10] | and go straight to the ulterior motive. | 直接说你的动机吧 |
[08:12] | All I’m trying to do | 我只是想 |
[08:13] | is have a little celebration with my friend. | 跟我的朋友小小庆祝一番 |
[08:17] | Alfred has agreed to marry me. | 阿尔弗雷德答应娶我了 |
[08:20] | Oh, honey! I’m so happy for you. | 亲爱的 我真为你高兴 |
[08:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:29] | Now… try the ones with the pesto. | 尝尝香蒜沙司味的 |
[08:32] | I know how much you love pesto. | 我知道你超爱香蒜沙司 |
[08:36] | So Alfred gave up on the whole baby thing? | 阿尔弗雷德不逼你生孩子了吗 |
[08:39] | No. He still wants to be a father. | 不 他还是想当父亲 |
[08:42] | We’ll just find a surrogate to carry the child. | 我们会找个代孕母亲 |
[08:46] | Alfred’s lawyer knows | 阿尔弗雷德的律师知道 |
[08:47] | an Ivy League coed who might do it. | 一位常春藤联盟的女生可能愿意 |
[08:50] | That’s fantastic. | 那太好了 |
[08:52] | Of course, we’ll also need an egg. | 当然了 我们还需要卵子 |
[08:54] | And that’s the tricky part. | 难题来了 |
[08:56] | Alfred doesn’t want some anonymous donor. | 阿尔弗雷德不想随便找个匿名捐献人 |
[09:00] | He wants the egg to come from someone we… know and… | 他想找个我们认识 |
[09:04] | trust. | 而且信任的人 |
[09:11] | Please tell me you’re not gonna ask me for one of my eggs. | 拜托告诉我你不是想要我的卵子 |
[09:16] | Heavens, no. | 天啊 当然不是 |
[09:17] | Your eggs are almost as ossified as mine. | 你的卵子和我的差不多老 |
[09:22] | Good. | 那就好 |
[09:23] | Because I was about to spit out this pesto | 因为我刚想把香蒜沙拉吐出来 |
[09:25] | and throw it at you. | 然后扔你一身 |
[09:29] | No… | 不是的 |
[09:30] | we don’t want one of your eggs. | 我们不是想要你的卵子 |
[09:33] | We want one of… Valentina’s. | 我们想要 瓦伦蒂娜的 |
[09:39] | Obviously, I wanted to discuss this with you first. | 显然 我想先跟你谈谈这件事 |
[09:43] | Aren’t you considerate? | 你还真是体贴啊 |
[09:46] | Don’t be angry. | 别生气 |
[09:48] | It’s really a compliment. | 这其实是赞美 |
[09:50] | Alfred thinks Valentina is bright and lovely– | 阿尔弗雷德觉得瓦伦蒂娜聪明又可爱 |
[09:54] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[09:56] | That old man is not gonna get his hands on my daughter’s D.N.A. | 那个老男人休想染指我女儿的DNA |
[10:03] | I know it’s a lot to ask. | 我知道这个要求有点过分 |
[10:05] | I don’t think you have any idea what you’ve asked for, | 我觉得你完全不知道你要求了什么 |
[10:07] | or how incredibly insulting this is. | 也没有意识到这一切有多么侮辱人 |
[10:11] | Zoila! | 佐拉 |
[10:14] | If Valentina doesn’t do this, | 如果瓦伦蒂娜不这样做的话 |
[10:16] | Alfred will leave me. | 阿尔弗雷德就会离开我 |
[10:18] | Well, then get ready to say, “Sayonara,” | 那你就准备好说再见吧 |
[10:21] | because it’s not gonna happen. | 因为这件事没得商量 |
[10:23] | And you are forbidden from saying a word of this | 你也不准和瓦伦蒂娜 |
[10:26] | to Valentina. Do you understand me? | 提起这件事 你明白了吗 |
[10:37] | Alejandro, do you have a minute? | 亚历翰卓 您现在有空吗 |
[10:39] | Well, I’m sort of working here. | 我正在工作呢 |
[10:41] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉打扰 |
[10:42] | It’s just… | 但是 |
[10:43] | Odessa has something to tell you. | 奥黛莎有话要对你说 |
[10:48] | Obviously, I’ve been tired lately. | 很显然 我最近有些疲倦 |
[10:50] | I’m sure you’ve noticed. | 我想您也注意到了 |
[10:53] | Uh… not really. | 没太注意到 |
[10:59] | The truth is… | 事实上 |
[11:01] | I am sick. | 是因为我生病了 |
[11:03] | I did not want to tell you | 我没有告诉您 |
[11:04] | because I did not want you to worry. | 是不想让您担心 |
[11:08] | Well, that’s nice of you. | 你真体贴 |
[11:12] | But I am getting worse. | 但是我的病情正在恶化 |
[11:15] | So we can no longer keep this a secret. | 我们没有办法再保密下去了 |
[11:19] | I have cancer. | 我得了癌症 |
[11:25] | Is it serious? | 很严重吗 |
[11:28] | It’s cancer. | 是癌症 |
[11:30] | Yeah, right. Sorry. | 对 不好意思 |
[11:34] | So do you need some time off? | 所以你需要请假吗 |
[11:36] | No. It’s good for me to work. | 不是 工作其实有助于我康复 |
[11:38] | But while I’m in chemo, | 但我在化疗的时候 |
[11:41] | I may have to cut back on hours. | 可能需要缩短工作时间 |
[11:43] | But you don’t have to worry about getting things done. | 但您不用担心家务完成不了 |
[11:45] | I can do both jobs. | 我可以做两份工作 |
[11:46] | I am so grateful to Carmen. | 我很感激卡门 |
[11:48] | She has been… a godsend. | 她就像是 上帝派来的 |
[11:51] | I’m happy to help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[11:58] | I’m sorry. Is there anything else? | 不好意思 还有什么事吗 |
[12:01] | No. | 没有了 |
[12:04] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢您抽空听我说完 |
[12:13] | What would you say | 如果有人告诉你 |
[12:14] | if someone told you they had a fatal disease? | 他得了致命的疾病 你会怎么说 |
[12:17] | If it was contagious, | 如果是传染性的 |
[12:18] | I’d tell them to sit over there. | 我会让他们坐到那边去 |
[12:20] | Someone I know has cancer. | 我认识的人得了癌症 |
[12:22] | Great, now I feel like a jerk. Thank you. | 好样的 现在我觉得自己像个混蛋 谢谢你 |
[12:24] | Who’s got cancer? | 谁得了癌症啊 |
[12:26] | It’s a secret. | 这是秘密 |
[12:28] | I swore on my life I wouldn’t tell. | 我发誓不会告诉别人 |
[12:30] | I’ll let you have a churro. | 给你吃根油条 |
[12:32] | It’s Odessa. | 是奥黛莎 |
[12:34] | – Odessa has cancer? – Yes. | -奥黛莎得了癌症 -是的 |
[12:37] | And she told Alejandro she was sick, | 她告诉亚历翰卓她病了的时候 |
[12:38] | and he barely reacted. | 他几乎都没有反应 |
[12:40] | Well, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. | 但那不代表他不在乎 |
[12:42] | Some people work hard at suppressing their emotions. | 有些人努力压抑自己的情绪 |
[12:45] | I once dropped this guy’s Grammy, | 有次我摔了他的格莱美奖杯 |
[12:47] | and he cried like a little girl. | 他哭得像个小女生一样 |
[12:49] | Maybe he was in shock. | 也许他太震惊了 |
[12:50] | No. | 不是 |
[12:51] | I looked into his eyes. There was no concern, | 我看着他的眼睛 里面没有关心 |
[12:53] | no compassion. I don’t get it. | 没有同情 我真不明白 |
[12:56] | She has been with him for ten years. | 她已经为他工作了十年了 |
[12:58] | He’s probably more upset than you think. | 他也许比你想象的要难过 |
[13:00] | You should talk to him. | 你应该跟他谈谈 |
[13:02] | It would be nice to be wrong. | 如果是我弄错了就好了 |
[13:05] | I gotta go. I’ll see you girls later. | 我得走了 晚点见 |
[13:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:12] | This whole thing make you think. | 这件事真引人深思 |
[13:14] | About? | 思考什么 |
[13:15] | The people we work for. | 我们的雇主 |
[13:17] | If we died, would they really care? | 如果我们死了 他们真的会在乎吗 |
[13:20] | Sure, they would. | 当然会啊 |
[13:21] | They might come to our funeral, shed a tear or two. | 他们也许会来我们的葬礼 流两滴眼泪 |
[13:25] | But after a few weeks, would they still think about us | 但几周之后 他们还会想到我们 |
[13:27] | and all we’ve done for their lives? | 以及我们为他们的生活所做的一切吗 |
[13:30] | It would depend. | 这不一定 |
[13:32] | On what? | 那取决于什么 |
[13:33] | How good the maid was that replaced us. | 取决于代替我们的女佣有多出色 |
[13:42] | Good morning, Mr. Pettigrove. How are you doing? | 早上好 柏蒂格罗夫先生 您感觉怎么样 |
[13:45] | I’m in dreadful need of some tea. | 我非常需要喝杯茶 |
[13:48] | I’ll get the kettle on. | 我来烧热水 |
[13:51] | You know, I’ve been here for a few days now, | 我来这里好几天了 |
[13:53] | and it occurs to me I know so little about you. | 我突然想到 我几乎不怎么了解你 |
[13:57] | There’s not much to know. | 也没什么值得了解的 |
[13:59] | Why don’t you tell me about your ambitions? | 跟我说说你的理想吧 |
[14:01] | I’m sure you have dreams | 我相信你的梦想 |
[14:03] | that extend beyond domestic work. | 肯定不局限于做家务 |
[14:05] | Oh, I do. I want to be a designer. | 确实是这样 我想做一名设计师 |
[14:09] | I’ll bet you’re very talented. | 我敢打赌你非常有才华 |
[14:12] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[14:14] | You planning on opening your own boutique? | 你打算开个自己的精品店吗 |
[14:17] | First I want to go to | 首先我打算去 |
[14:17] | the Los Angeles Academy of Fashion and Design. | 洛杉矶艺术设计学院 |
[14:21] | I was accepted there last year. | 去年我被录取了 |
[14:23] | Then why aren’t you in school? | 那你怎么没去上学呢 |
[14:25] | My family can’t afford the tuition, | 我家负担不起学费 |
[14:27] | and we are not poor enough for financial aid. | 我们又没穷到能申请资助 |
[14:31] | That’s a cruel irony. | 真是残酷的讽刺 |
[14:34] | That’s why I’m working here– save money. | 所以我在这儿工作 存钱 |
[14:37] | How long till you have the necessary funds? | 你要到什么时候能存够钱 |
[14:40] | Couple of years. | 几年吧 |
[14:43] | It’s a really expensive school. | 那所学校很贵的 |
[14:47] | What if I told you there was | 如果我告诉你 |
[14:48] | a quick and easy way to get that money? | 有个快速又省力的方法能拿到这么多钱呢 |
[14:54] | What do you mean? | 您什么意思 |
[14:56] | Oh, I’m not suggesting anything untoward. | 我建议的不是什么麻烦事 |
[14:58] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[15:00] | you have something I need. | 你有我需要的东西 |
[15:07] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:08] | – Are you Mirta Hernandez? – No. | -您是米尔塔·赫尔南德斯吗 -不是 |
[15:10] | Mirta’s my roommate. | 米尔塔是我的室友 |
[15:13] | I’m Birdie. Birdie Gladwell. | 我是博蒂 博蒂·格莱德威尔 |
[15:15] | Do you know where she is? | 您知道她在哪儿吗 |
[15:17] | I need to talk to her. | 我想找她 |
[15:18] | In the courtyard. | 她在院子里呢 |
[15:19] | Her grandson came for a visit. | 她孙子来看她 |
[15:22] | No one ever visits me. | 从没人来看我 |
[15:24] | Everyone I know is dead. | 我认识的人都死光了 |
[15:28] | Yes. Well… | 好吧 那 |
[15:31] | Thank you for your help, Mrs. Gladwell. | 谢谢您的帮助 格莱德威尔夫人 |
[15:33] | It’s “Miss.” | 是小姐 |
[15:35] | I was a lesbian. | 我是个拉拉 |
[15:39] | Courtyard, you say? | 您刚才说在院子里吗 |
[15:53] | Hey there. | 您好 |
[15:55] | Are you Mirta? | 您是米尔塔吗 |
[15:57] | Can I help you? | 有什么能帮你吗 |
[15:58] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[15:59] | Is this your grandmother? | 这位是你祖母吗 |
[16:01] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:02] | Then you must be related to Flora Hernandez. | 那你肯定是芙罗拉·赫尔南德斯的亲戚了 |
[16:04] | Yeah, uh, she was my cousin. | 对 她是我堂妹 |
[16:08] | Who are you? | 你是哪位 |
[16:09] | Oh, my name is Marisol. | 我叫玛莉索 |
[16:11] | I need to ask your grandmother a few questions. | 我需要问你祖母一些问题 |
[16:14] | About Flora? No way. | 关于芙罗拉吗 不行 |
[16:17] | Please. It’s important. | 求你了 很重要的 |
[16:19] | My grandmother doesn’t talk about her anymore. | 我奶奶不再提起她 |
[16:21] | She gets upset. | 一提她就生气 |
[16:23] | Listen, I have reason to believe | 听着 我有理由相信 |
[16:25] | that the police arrested the wrong man | 关于你堂妹的谋杀案 |
[16:28] | for your cousin’s murder. | 警察抓错了人 |
[16:29] | – What? – And she may have said something to your grandmother | -什么 -她可能跟你祖母说了些信息 |
[16:32] | that could help us find out who really killed her. | 能帮我们找到谁是真正的凶手 |
[16:35] | My grandma can’t help anyone. | 我奶奶谁也帮不了 |
[16:37] | The truth is… | 其实 |
[16:39] | she’s just not all there anymore. | 她头脑都已经不怎么清醒了 |
[16:46] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[16:48] | Because she seems pretty interested to me. | 因为在我看来 她好像挺感兴趣的 |
[16:54] | You have to leave now. | 你现在必须离开 |
[16:57] | Don’t you think that Flora deserves justice? | 你不觉得芙罗拉应该得到正义吗 |
[16:59] | Flora was an embarrassment to our family. | 芙罗拉是我们家族的耻辱 |
[17:03] | She was a liar, a thief, and a whore. | 她是个骗子 窃贼 和妓女 |
[17:06] | And as far as I’m concerned, | 就我看来 |
[17:08] | she already got what she deserved. | 她这是罪有应得 |
[17:11] | Tell reception that my grandmother | 告诉接待处 我奶奶 |
[17:13] | is no longer accepting visitors. | 再也不接待访客了 |
[17:16] | You got that? | 听明白了吗 |
[17:23] | So how come you’re not going back to the Powells’? | 你怎么不去鲍威尔家干活了 |
[17:26] | I think maybe Mrs. Evelyn is a little strange. | 我觉得伊芙琳夫人有点奇怪 |
[17:29] | Well, I’m glad you were able to earn some extra money. | 我很开心你能赚些外快 |
[17:32] | That was nice. | 是挺好的 |
[17:33] | But now that you’re back, | 但是既然你回来了 |
[17:34] | I’d rather be here looking after you. | 我更愿意在这儿照顾你 |
[17:37] | So, is Tucker asleep? | 话说 塔科睡着了吗 |
[17:39] | Yeah, I just put him down. | 对 我刚把他哄睡着 |
[17:40] | Excellent. | 真棒 |
[17:41] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[17:43] | My doctor said I needed to exercise. | 我医生说我需要锻炼身体 |
[17:45] | Hmm, in that case… | 既然这样 |
[17:48] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[17:49] | Stuff you can help me with. | 你能帮我做的事 |
[17:52] | Fix the doorbell, hang the mirror, | 修门铃 挂镜子 |
[17:54] | hook up the new tv. | 装新电视 |
[17:55] | Now this is not the kind of exercise that I had in mind. | 我想的锻炼可不是这种 |
[17:57] | I know what you had in mind, and the answer is “No.” | 我知道你想的是什么 我的回答是不行 |
[18:00] | Oh, come on. | 来嘛 |
[18:01] | I missed you so much. Didn’t you miss me? | 人家很想你的 你就不想我吗 |
[18:03] | No! You can’t be doing that. | 不行 你不能这么做 |
[18:07] | – Why not? – I told you. | -为什么不能 -我告诉过你 |
[18:09] | You just had a heart attack. | 你刚犯过心脏病 |
[18:11] | Please. | 求你了 |
[18:13] | My heart stops every time I see you. | 每次一见你 我就会心脏停跳 |
[18:18] | Okay. We can have sex, but just to be safe… | 好吧 我们可以滚床单 但是安全起见 |
[18:24] | Let me do all the work. | “重活”都交给我吧 |
[18:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:27] | Just to be safe. | 安全起见 |
[18:51] | Boy, I wish you’d fixed that doorbell. | 天啊 我真希望你修好了门铃 |
[19:05] | Hello, Mrs. Evelyn. | 早安 伊芙琳夫人 |
[19:06] | Rosie. | 罗西 |
[19:08] | I had a feeling you’d drop by. | 我就觉得你会过来 |
[19:16] | So… | 话说 |
[19:18] | An affair with Spence Westmore– | 和斯宾思·韦斯特莫搞外遇 |
[19:21] | That’s a feather in your sombrero. | 小日子过得够潇洒嘛 |
[19:23] | I’m not proud of myself. | 我并不觉得自豪 |
[19:24] | I’m sure that will be oh-so-soothing to Mrs. Westmore. | 我确定那会让韦斯特莫太太很宽慰的 |
[19:27] | See, that’s why I’m here. | 那正是我来这里的原因 |
[19:30] | Mrs. Peri can never find out about this. | 佩里太太绝不能知道这件事 |
[19:33] | – You think she’d be devastated? – She would. | -你觉得她会非常震惊吗 -是的 |
[19:35] | And Mr. Spence doesn’t wanna get a divorce. | 斯宾思先生不想离婚 |
[19:38] | He might lose custody of his son. | 他可能会失去儿子的监护权 |
[19:40] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[19:42] | See, that’s the problem with adultery– | 看吧 那就是通奸的问题所在 |
[19:44] | the piper must be paid. | 要承担不良后果 |
[19:44] | piper也有管道工的意思 | |
[19:48] | I don’t know who this piper is, | 我不知道这位管道工是谁 |
[19:49] | but you can’t tell him neither. | 可你也不能告诉他 |
[19:53] | I wouldn’t dream of saying a word to Peri Westmore. | 我从没想过要和佩里·韦斯特莫说一个字 |
[19:56] | Do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[19:58] | Because I consider you a friend. | 因为我把你当做朋友 |
[20:00] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:02] | Which is why I was so hurt when you stopped working here. | 这就是为什么你辞工以后我如此伤心 |
[20:06] | A terse note left on the kitchen counter– | 留在厨房柜台上的简短字条 |
[20:08] | I deserve better than that. | 你不该这样敷衍我 |
[20:09] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:10] | It’s just with Mr. Spence being home from the hospital– | 只是斯宾思先生出院了… |
[20:13] | I know. You had to tend to his… needs. | 我知道 你得照顾他的 需求 |
[20:17] | – I didn’t mean to hurt you. – But you did. | -我不是有意要伤害你 -可你伤害到了 |
[20:19] | You left me, | 你离开了我 |
[20:20] | and you took that sweet little boy with you. | 还带走了那个可爱的小男孩 |
[20:24] | I know it seems odd, | 我知道这看起来很奇怪 |
[20:26] | but I’ve come to depend upon that child. | 但我已经渐渐开始依赖那孩子 |
[20:29] | He brings color into my drab life, | 他使我单调的生活变得多姿多彩 |
[20:31] | and I want him back. | 我想要他回来 |
[20:34] | That can’t happen. | 那不可能 |
[20:35] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[20:37] | Well… it’s complicated. | 这有点复杂 |
[20:40] | No… it’s not. | 不 不复杂 |
[20:43] | You’ll come twice a week. | 你每周来两次 |
[20:44] | You will bring Tucker Westmore, and in exchange, | 带着塔科·韦斯特莫一起 作为交换 |
[20:47] | I will not tell the entire city of Beverly Hills | 我不会告诉整个比佛利山庄的人们 |
[20:49] | that his father’s screwing the maid. | 他爸爸和女佣偷情 |
[20:52] | Now… | 现在 |
[20:53] | what could be simpler than that? | 这事再简单不过了吧 |
[21:06] | So… I have good news. | 我有个好消息 |
[21:09] | Well, don’t just keep it to yourself. A ver. | 别保密啊 说说看 |
[21:11] | I’m gonna start fashion school next fall. | 今年秋天我要去服装学院了 |
[21:15] | They changed their mind about the scholarship! | 奖学金的事他们改变主意了吗 |
[21:18] | Not exactly. | 不是啦 |
[21:21] | I found a way to pay the tuition. | 我找到付学费的法子了 |
[21:24] | How did you do that? | 你怎么找到的 |
[21:26] | Mr. Pettigrove came to me. | 柏蒂格罗夫先生来找我 |
[21:28] | He told me about Mrs. Delatour and what she asked you. | 他告诉我德拉图太太拜托你的事 |
[21:31] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[21:32] | And now he’s offering to pay my tuition if I help them. | 要是我帮助他们 他会帮我付学费 |
[21:37] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[21:39] | Mami… this is what we always dreamed of. | 妈咪 这是我们一直以来的梦想 |
[21:43] | I’ll get to go to school. | 我能去上学了 |
[21:45] | By selling a part of yourself? | 通过出卖你身体的一部分吗 |
[21:47] | I didn’t raise you to be this stupid | 我没教你要这么蠢 |
[21:50] | or this desperate. | 或者这么孤注一掷 |
[21:52] | I wouldn’t just do this for myself. | 我这么做不只是为了我自己 |
[21:54] | I’d be doing it for you, too. | 我也是为了你 |
[21:57] | For me? | 为我 |
[21:58] | I see the sacrifices you make, | 你做的牺牲我看在眼里 |
[22:01] | how hard you work on weekends and holidays– | 周末和假日你有多努力工作 |
[22:04] | just to make a few extra bucks that you end up giving to me. | 就为了给我多赚点额外的钱 |
[22:07] | I don’t complain about that. | 我没有抱怨过 |
[22:08] | Which makes it even worse! | 这就更糟糕了 |
[22:12] | Now it’s my chance to help you. | 现在我有机会能帮助你 |
[22:15] | If the tuition is paid for, | 如果有人帮我付学费 |
[22:16] | you could finally stop and take some time off. | 你就能停下来 好好休息几天了 |
[22:19] | Do you really think | 你真的以为 |
[22:20] | that I would trade a grandchild for a vacation?! | 我为了假期换出我的外孙吗 |
[22:23] | It’s just an egg. | 就是个卵子而已 |
[22:25] | And this money would change our lives. | 这笔钱会改变我们的生活 |
[22:28] | This decision would change our lives | 这个决定会以你无法理解的方式 |
[22:30] | in ways you can’t begin to understand. | 改变我们的生活 |
[22:37] | I’m sorry, sweetheart. | 我很抱歉 亲爱的 |
[22:39] | But I will not allow you to do this. | 但我不允许你这么做 |
[22:49] | Mami, you can’t stop me. | 妈咪 你阻止不了我 |
[22:53] | What did you say? | 你刚说什么 |
[22:55] | It’s my body, so it’s my decision. | 我的身体我说了算 |
[22:58] | And I’m doing this for both of us, | 无论你愿不愿意 |
[22:59] | whether you like it or not. | 我都要为了我们这样做 |
[23:09] | You gotta be kidding! | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[23:10] | – I wish I was. – I mean, come on! | -我倒希望呢 -拜托 |
[23:11] | Who blackmails people to have a chance to babysit? | 谁会勒索别人 从而让自己有机会照看婴儿啊 |
[23:14] | I know. It’s weird. | 我知道 这很奇怪 |
[23:15] | But Mrs. Evelyn is obsessed with Tucker! | 可伊芙琳太太非常喜欢塔科 |
[23:17] | – But why? – I talked to my friend Marisol. | -为什么 -我和我的朋友玛莉索谈过 |
[23:20] | She used to work for the Powells. | 她以前为鲍威尔家工作 |
[23:22] | She said they had a son who died. | 她说他们有个去世的儿子 |
[23:27] | So she’s working out her emotional issues with my kid? | 所以她用我的儿子来治疗她的感情问题 |
[23:30] | Fantastic. | 太荒诞了 |
[23:31] | What are we gonna do? | 我们要怎么办 |
[23:33] | Well, I’m not letting Tucker within 50 feet of that lunatic. | 我不会让塔科靠近那个疯子的 |
[23:35] | Obviously. | 那当然啦 |
[23:37] | But she will tell Mrs. Peri about us, I know it! | 但她会告诉佩里太太我们的事 我就知道 |
[23:41] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[23:43] | Let her. | 让她说去吧 |
[23:45] | Mr. Spence. | 斯宾思先生 |
[23:47] | I just had a heart attack. | 我前不久刚刚心脏病发作 |
[23:50] | “Life is short” is more than a theory to me. | “人生苦短”对我来说不只是一个理论 |
[23:53] | I gotta be with someone who can make me happy. | 我要和能让我开心的人在一起 |
[23:55] | Mrs. Peri wants to make you happy. | 佩里太太想让你高兴 |
[23:58] | Well, she had her chance. | 她曾经有过机会 |
[24:00] | You gotta give her another one. | 你得再给她个机会 |
[24:03] | Why? | 为什么 |
[24:05] | When Mrs. Evelyn caught us, | 当伊芙琳太太抓住我们时 |
[24:08] | I saw our reflection in the glass. | 我从玻璃里看到我们的影子 |
[24:10] | And we looked like bad people. | 我们看起来像坏人 |
[24:13] | If you try to make your marriage work | 如果你试着挽救你的婚姻 |
[24:15] | and it doesn’t, | 实在不行的话 |
[24:17] | then maybe we can talk about the future. | 那时也许我们能讨论一下未来 |
[24:21] | But I need to know you tried, okay? | 但是我得知道你试过 好吗 |
[24:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:32] | So what are we gonna do | 那我们要怎么处理 |
[24:33] | about the crazy lady that wants my kid? | 那个想要我孩子的疯女人 |
[24:37] | Maybe we should talk to the guy | 也许我们应该和那个 |
[24:39] | that was crazy enough to marry her. | 疯狂到娶她的人谈谈 |
[24:53] | I did not know Alfred spoke to Valentina. | 我不知道阿尔弗雷德告诉了瓦伦蒂娜 |
[24:57] | You must believe me. | 你得相信我 |
[24:59] | I do. | 我相信你 |
[25:02] | So, is Valentina going to go through with it? | 那瓦伦蒂娜愿意吗 |
[25:06] | She wants to. | 她愿意 |
[25:10] | But you’re gonna talk her out of it. | 不过你得阻止她 |
[25:13] | You can’t ask me to do that. | 我不能那样做 |
[25:15] | Alfred will leave me. | 阿尔弗雷德会离开我的 |
[25:17] | Let’s put aside for the moment | 我们先撇开这颗卵子 |
[25:18] | that this egg will become my grandchild. | 会成为我的外孙不谈 |
[25:21] | He or she will be raised by a man in his 70s and you. | 这个孩子会由一个七十多岁的老头和你养大 |
[25:25] | Alfred will be a wonderful father. | 阿尔弗雷德会是个好父亲 |
[25:28] | I’m sure he’ll be devoted… | 我相信他会为这个孩子鞠躬尽瘁 |
[25:29] | during the few years he has left. | 不过他只能活短短几年 |
[25:32] | That’s what’s bothering you– his age? | 你介意的是这个 他的年龄 |
[25:34] | What’s bothering me is the idea that he’ll die | 我介意的是他死后 |
[25:37] | and the baby will be left with you. | 这个孩子就会跟着你了 |
[25:41] | That’s a silly thing to say. | 这样说可真够傻的 |
[25:43] | You know I’m a good mother. | 你知道我是个好母亲 |
[25:47] | Zoila. | 佐拉 |
[25:48] | I’m not saying you don’t love Remi. | 我不是说你不爱雷米 |
[25:50] | I know you do. You just never… | 我知道你爱他 你只是从不… |
[25:53] | put him first. | 把他放在首位 |
[25:55] | – That’s not true. – I was there! | -不是这样的 -我亲眼目睹的 |
[25:58] | I saw you fall apart | 我亲眼看到每一任丈夫离开你时 |
[25:59] | each time husband number whatever left you. | 你崩溃无法支撑的样子 |
[26:02] | And you’d make Remi pick up the pieces. | 你总会让雷米收拾烂摊子 |
[26:04] | God, how many times did you interrupt his childhood | 你这样干涉他的童年 让他收拾烂摊子 |
[26:07] | pulling crap like that? | 到底有多少次了 |
[26:09] | So what if I was a little unstable back then? | 我当时有些情绪不稳定 那又怎样 |
[26:13] | Remi has turned out beautifully. | 雷米现在变成了一个多好的人 |
[26:15] | That’s what matters. | 这才是重要的 |
[26:17] | He has problems. | 他有问题的 |
[26:20] | And you won’t pay attention long enough to see them. | 你关注他的时间太短 甚至都注意不到 |
[26:25] | What kind of problems? | 什么问题 |
[26:31] | Sweetie… | 亲爱的 |
[26:33] | Remi is not on a ski trip. | 雷米没有去滑雪旅行 |
[26:37] | Where is he? | 那他去哪了 |
[26:40] | He’s in rehab. | 他在康复中心 |
[26:42] | He’s using again. | 他复吸了 |
[26:46] | Why didn’t anyone tell me? | 为什么没人告诉我 |
[26:48] | We were worried you’d fall apart. | 我们担心你会崩溃 |
[26:51] | You didn’t even give me a chance. That’s not fair. | 你都没给我机会 这不公平 |
[26:55] | After all I’ve said… | 我说了这么多 |
[26:58] | are you really gonna make this about you? | 你真的还想把这事扯到你身上去吗 |
[27:02] | Is he gonna be okay? | 他没事吧 |
[27:04] | We don’t know. | 我们不知道 |
[27:08] | That is why | 这就是 |
[27:09] | you need to tell my daughter that you don’t want her child. | 你要告诉我女儿你不想要她的孩子的原因 |
[27:16] | You need to look after your own. | 你得照顾你自己 |
[27:32] | Hello. I’m here to see Birdie Gladwell. | 你好 我找博蒂·格莱德威尔 |
[27:39] | Hello, Birdie. | 你好呀 博蒂 |
[27:41] | Well, look who the cat dragged in. | 瞧瞧是谁来啦 |
[27:45] | Hey, Mirta! | 你好 米尔塔 |
[27:48] | Don’t take it personally. | 她不是针对你 |
[27:50] | She’s just having one of her bad days. | 她只是这几天心情不好 |
[27:54] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[27:55] | I bought you a little something. | 我给你买了点小礼物 |
[27:58] | Well, aren’t you the sweetest thing? | 你真是太贴心啦 |
[28:04] | It’s silk. | 是丝巾 |
[28:06] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[28:07] | Beats the piece of crap my niece knit. | 比我侄女织的那件破玩意儿好多了 |
[28:10] | You know… Birdie, | 你知道 博蒂 |
[28:12] | I bet those nurses would like to see your new scarf. | 我猜那些护士很想看看你的新丝巾 |
[28:15] | They’ll be green with envy. | 她们会嫉妒得眼红的 |
[28:20] | – I’ll be right back. – Okay. | -我一会儿就回来 -好的 |
[28:27] | Hello, Mirta. | 你好 米尔塔 |
[28:29] | I’m Marisol. | 我是玛莉索 |
[28:33] | I just want to talk to you about your granddaughter. | 我只是想跟你聊聊你的孙女 |
[28:41] | Flora? | 芙罗拉 |
[28:42] | Yes! Yes! | 是的 是的 |
[28:43] | I want to talk about flora. | 我想聊聊芙罗拉 |
[28:47] | Why don’t you come to see me? | 你为什么不来看我 |
[28:50] | What? | 什么 |
[28:52] | Are you angry with your abuelita? | 你生奶奶的气了吗 |
[29:06] | No. | 没有 |
[29:07] | I’m not angry. | 我没生气 |
[29:09] | I did not mean to yell the last time. | 我上次不是故意冲你吼的 |
[29:12] | What you said, it–it– | 你说的事情 |
[29:15] | it made me so ashamed. | 让我感到很丢脸 |
[29:18] | What did I say, abuela? | 我说了什么 奶奶 |
[29:20] | How did I shame you? | 我怎么让你丢脸了 |
[29:23] | You were a bad girl, mijita. | 你是个坏姑娘 我的宝贝 |
[29:26] | That boy–he– he loves you. | 那个男孩 他爱你 |
[29:30] | What boy? | 什么男孩 |
[29:32] | Eddie. | 埃迪 |
[29:34] | Who else? | 还能有谁 |
[29:36] | I told you about Eddie? | 我跟你说了埃迪 |
[29:38] | He loves you. | 他爱你 |
[29:39] | I-I can see in his eyes. | 我能从他眼睛里看出来 |
[29:42] | That’s nice to hear. | 太好了 |
[29:44] | But you– you are so cruel to him. | 但是你 你对他太残忍了 |
[29:48] | I am? | 是吗 |
[29:50] | The way you talk to him. | 你跟他说话的样子 |
[29:52] | Y-you take him for granted. | 你把他对你的好视为理所当然 |
[29:57] | Do you think I love Eddie… | 你觉得我爱埃迪 |
[30:00] | at all? | 是吗 |
[30:03] | In your own way. | 用你自己的方式 |
[30:05] | But he’s not gonna marry you | 但是如果他发现你怀孕了 |
[30:07] | when he finds out you’re pregnant. | 他是不会娶你的 |
[30:10] | I told you about that? | 我跟你说了怀孕的事吗 |
[30:11] | Oh, to cheat on such a nice boy. | 背叛那么善良的一个男孩 |
[30:15] | And with his friend? | 还是和他的朋友一起 |
[30:18] | His friend? | 他朋友 |
[30:21] | Did you just say “his friend”? | 你刚刚是说他的朋友吗 |
[30:27] | Abuela? | 奶奶 |
[30:29] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 别啊 别这样 |
[30:31] | No, don’t leave me. Stay with me. | 别不理我 看着我 |
[30:33] | This is important. | 这很重要 |
[31:00] | Thank you, Carmen. | 谢谢你 卡门 |
[31:09] | I’m sorry. Is there something else? | 不好意思 还有其它事吗 |
[31:11] | I thought you should know | 我觉得应该告诉您 |
[31:12] | Odessa’s having her chemo tonight. | 奥黛莎今晚要做化疗了 |
[31:16] | Good for her. | 那就好 |
[31:19] | Well, if you wanted to visit her, | 如果您想去看看她 |
[31:22] | I-I know she would appreciate it. | 我想她一定会很感激的 |
[31:25] | Well, I’d love to, but I’m… | 我很想去 但是我 |
[31:27] | swamped with work tonight. | 今晚有很多工作要做 |
[31:31] | Well, she goes in two days a week. | 她每周去做两次化疗 |
[31:33] | So if you can’t visit her tonight, | 所以如果您今晚去不了 |
[31:35] | maybe you can stop by next Tuesday? | 也许您可以下周二去一趟 |
[31:39] | I got a– | 我有事 |
[31:40] | I got a thing next Tuesday. | 下周二我还有事 |
[31:42] | I’ll tell you what. | 不如这样吧 |
[31:44] | Buy Odessa some flowers… | 给奥黛莎买些花 |
[31:48] | That should cheer her up. | 那应该会让她高兴的 |
[31:57] | I’m annoyed. Can you tell? | 我很气恼 看出来了吗 |
[31:59] | Have you lost your mind?! | 你是不是疯了 |
[32:01] | Odessa has worked here for ten years. | 奥黛莎已经在这里工作十年了 |
[32:04] | She has cooked and cleaned and made up your bed | 她为你做饭 打扫房间 整理床铺 |
[32:07] | and sewn buttons on your shirts. | 替你缝衬衫纽扣 |
[32:09] | This is not just a job for her. She adores you! | 对她而言这不仅仅是一份工作 她崇拜你 |
[32:12] | I don’t understand why you can’t give her | 我不明白你为什么就不能为她 |
[32:14] | – two lousy hours of your life! – Calm down. | -抽出你生命中微不足道的两小时 -冷静点 |
[32:16] | Don’t ever tell a Puerto Rican woman to calm down. | 永远别让一个波多黎各女人冷静 |
[32:20] | It’s a waste of time! | 那完全是浪费时间 |
[32:21] | You keep talking to me like this, | 你再这样跟我说话 |
[32:23] | I’ll have to fire you. | 我就把你炒了 |
[32:25] | I just gave you my notice. | 我刚刚已经通知你了 |
[32:26] | It’s right there on the floor. | 就在地板上 |
[32:29] | You’re quitting? | 你不干了 |
[32:31] | Yes, I am. | 是的 我不干了 |
[32:34] | I only took this job because I admired you so much. | 我接受这份工作 只因为我很钦佩你 |
[32:38] | But after seeing the way you treat people, | 但见识到你是怎么对待他人之后 |
[32:40] | you’re no longer who I wanna be when I grow up. | 你再也不是我的偶像了 |
[33:05] | You look good. | 你气色不错 |
[33:07] | Have you been able to relax? | 这段时间你有没有放松放松 |
[33:08] | Not really. | 没有 |
[33:10] | Since you were away, I’ve had to meet with | 既然你不在家 我得应付 |
[33:11] | our broker, my trainer, your lawyer, | 我们的经纪人 我的教练 你的律师 |
[33:14] | that caterer we both adore, | 那个我们都喜欢的宴会承办商 |
[33:15] | and that personal shopper we both despise. | 还有那个我们都鄙视的采购商 |
[33:18] | All that, and you still had time | 要处理那么多事 你竟然还有时间 |
[33:19] | to blackmail the neighbors. | 去勒索我们的邻居 |
[33:22] | You must be referring to Spence Westmore. | 你一定是指斯宾思·韦斯特莫 |
[33:25] | What could you have been thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[33:27] | Well, you know how I feel about men who seduce the help. | 你知道我讨厌男人引诱女佣 |
[33:29] | Just trying to teach him a lesson. | 只是想给他个教训 |
[33:30] | I’m talking about the child. | 我说的是那个孩子 |
[33:36] | That was nothing. | 那没什么啊 |
[33:37] | You demanded Rosie bring him to our house. | 你要求罗西把他带来我们家 |
[33:42] | You haven’t met Tucker. He’s special. | 你没见过塔科 他很特别 |
[33:45] | I won’t let this happen again. | 我不会让这种事情再发生了 |
[33:48] | This isn’t like last time. I swear. | 这次跟上次不一样 我发誓 |
[33:50] | I’ve already made an appointment with Dr. Weiller. | 我已经跟韦勒医生约好了 |
[33:52] | I lost a son, and I continue to grieve. | 我失去了一个儿子 我一直伤心 |
[33:54] | That doesn’t make me crazy. | 那并不意味着我疯了 |
[33:55] | When you mistake another woman’s child | 当你把其他女人的小孩 |
[33:57] | for the one you buried… | 误认为是你埋葬了的那个小孩时 |
[33:58] | I wasn’t confused this time. | 这次我没有糊涂 |
[34:01] | I always knew he wasn’t mine. | 我一直都知道他不是我的孩子 |
[34:03] | Well, I think you’re still sick. | 我觉得你还没有痊愈 |
[34:05] | And I’m gonna get you help. | 我要带你去看病 |
[34:06] | Is it sick to want affection? | 渴望关爱难道是一种病吗 |
[34:10] | That’s what children give– even other people’s children. | 那正是孩子能给予我的 即便是别人的孩子 |
[34:12] | They look into your eyes, and they instantly love you. | 他们看着你的眼睛就能马上爱上你 |
[34:14] | It’s the most amazing thing. | 那是最最神奇的事 |
[34:16] | Adrian… | 艾德里安 |
[34:17] | I miss seeing love in someone’s eyes. | 我想念从别人的眼睛里看到爱 |
[34:19] | I wondered how long it would take you | 我想知道你需要多长时间 |
[34:20] | to lay this at my doorstep. | 才会告诉我这些 |
[34:21] | Well, why shouldn’t I? I may be off the beam, | 我为什么不应该 我可能有点不正常 |
[34:24] | but you’re the one who pushed me. | 但这都是你逼我的 |
[34:25] | What, you think I choose to be cold and unforgiving? | 什么意思 你觉得我喜欢冷酷残忍吗 |
[34:29] | Barrett was hit by a car. | 巴雷特是被车撞了 |
[34:31] | It was an accident. | 那是意外 |
[34:32] | Isn’t it time that you forgave me? | 难道你现在还不原谅我吗 |
[34:35] | I have tried. | 我试过了 |
[34:38] | Try again. | 再试一次 |
[34:42] | And I will forgive you | 我会原谅 |
[34:43] | every act of debauchery you have ever committed. | 你之前的每一次放荡 |
[34:45] | You can commit new ones for all I care. | 你可以继续那样 我不在乎 |
[34:47] | Just… | 只是 |
[34:51] | Look at me the way you used to. | 像以前那样看着我 |
[34:54] | Please. | 求你了 |
[35:03] | Oh, god. | 老天 |
[35:49] | So your son is in rehab? | 你儿子在戒毒 |
[35:52] | At a clinic in the desert. | 在沙漠里的一个诊所 |
[35:53] | I’m gonna go visit him for a few days. | 我要去陪他几天 |
[35:55] | I’m sure he’ll appreciate the show of support. | 我肯定他会感激你的支持 |
[35:59] | I certainly hope so. | 我当然希望如此 |
[36:04] | By the way… | 那个 |
[36:07] | I had a long talk with Valentina this morning. | 今早我和瓦伦蒂娜谈了很久 |
[36:13] | She’s no longer interested in giving us one of her eggs. | 她对捐献卵子的事不感兴趣了 |
[36:19] | She seemed interested yesterday. | 她昨天好像还挺有兴趣 |
[36:22] | Like I said, it was a long talk. | 刚才不是说了 我们进行了一次长谈 |
[36:26] | We discussed this. | 我们讨论过这事 |
[36:28] | If you can’t give me a child… | 如果你不能给我生个孩子的话 |
[36:30] | You have to go elsewhere, I understand. | 你就得走了 我理解 |
[36:34] | You don’t sound particularly sad to see me go. | 我要走了 你听着不太伤心啊 |
[36:38] | Oh, but I am. | 其实我很伤心 |
[36:43] | You are a very sweet man, Alfred. | 你是个很棒的人 阿尔弗雷德 |
[36:47] | And I will miss you very much. | 我会非常想你的 |
[36:53] | My car is here. | 我的车到了 |
[36:54] | I’m gonna have to go. | 我要走了 |
[36:56] | Are you absolutely sure about this? | 你确定要走吗 |
[37:00] | I was gonna spoil you rotten. | 我本来打算特别宠你的 |
[37:04] | Oh, Alfred… | 阿尔弗雷德 |
[37:07] | It’s not about me anymore. | 我不能再这么自私了 |
[37:11] | Isn’t it amazing? | 多美好啊是吧 |
[37:35] | So what are you thinking? | 你在想什么呢 |
[37:38] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[37:43] | Hey. How about… | 话说 不如 |
[37:45] | I go get us some ice cream at the cafeteria? Hmm? | 我去餐厅给咱买点冰淇淋吧 |
[37:49] | If you like. | 随你便 |
[37:50] | Here. | 给 |
[38:02] | You came. | 你来了 |
[38:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[38:08] | Odessa’s gonna be so happy. | 奥黛莎会很开心的 |
[38:10] | Yeah, I, uh… | 是啊 我 |
[38:12] | I didn’t know what I would talk about for two hours. | 我不知道这两个小时要跟她说些什么 |
[38:16] | So… I thought maybe I could sing to her. | 所以我想或许我可以给她唱歌 |
[38:18] | I think she’ll be thrilled. | 她会非常激动的 |
[38:24] | You know the worst part about being a star? | 你知道当明星最可怕的是什么吗 |
[38:27] | Is people stop kicking your ass, | 是人们不再指责你 |
[38:28] | and they start kissing it… | 反而开始拍你马屁 |
[38:30] | constantly. | 而且持续如此 |
[38:32] | I don’t want that. | 我不想这样 |
[38:34] | Well, I’m happy to kick your ass | 如果你需要有人骂你的话 |
[38:37] | anytime you need it. | 我随时乐意效劳 |
[38:39] | Sounds like you’re not quitting. | 听上去你还会留下工作 |
[38:41] | Don’t listen to a Puerto Rican woman | 波多黎各女人歇斯底里的时候 |
[38:42] | when she’s hysterical. | 说的话可不能信 |
[38:44] | We always exaggerate. | 我们经常夸大事实 |
[38:46] | Come on. | 快进来吧 |
[38:49] | Odessa… | 奥黛莎 |
[38:52] | Someone is here to see you. | 有人来看你了 |
[38:55] | Alejandro! | 亚历翰卓 |
[38:57] | Well, hello there. How are you doing? | 好啊 最近怎么样 |
[38:59] | You didn’t need to come. | 你不需要来的 |
[39:01] | Ah, of course I did. | 我肯定得来 |
[39:03] | Are you ready to be entertained? | 做好娱乐的准备了吗 |
[39:06] | You’re going to sing to me? | 你要给我唱歌 |
[39:09] | I won’t even charge you for it. | 还不收你出场费呢 |
[39:12] | This is very exciting. | 太让人激动了 |
[39:15] | Here’s a little something from my latest album. | 是我最新专辑里的一首 |
[39:17] | I hope you like it. | 希望你喜欢 |
[39:20] | *Tus miradas* | *你的眼神* |
[39:23] | *Las palabras que florecen* | *美妙的话语* |
[39:26] | *en tus labio* | *在你唇间* |
[39:40] | I talked to Mrs. Delatour. | 我和德拉图太太谈过了 |
[39:44] | She broke up with Mr. Pettigrove. | 她和柏蒂格罗夫先生分手了 |
[39:46] | So… they won’t be needing my egg. | 所以 他们不需要我的卵子了 |
[39:50] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[39:53] | I’m sorry for the way I spoke to you. | 真的很抱歉 我那样和你说话 |
[39:55] | I was just excited about going to school | 我只是对去学校和帮助你这两件事 |
[39:58] | and helping you. | 太过兴奋 |
[40:01] | I’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[40:04] | Many years ago, Mrs. Delatour gave me a ring. | 很多年前 德拉图太太给了我一枚戒指 |
[40:08] | It’s sort of expensive. | 挺贵的 |
[40:13] | I’ve been saving it for… | 我一直留着它 为了 |
[40:18] | I don’t know. Maybe I’ve been saving it for this. | 我也说不清 可能就是为你上学存的 |
[40:22] | Anyway, I’m gonna sell it to pay for your tuition. | 总之 我会把它卖了给你交学费 |
[40:26] | Mami! | 妈妈 |
[40:32] | All right. Enough of that. | 行了行了 别抱了 |
[40:35] | – There’s a bulb out in the guest room. – I’ll go change it. | -客房里的一个灯泡坏了 -我去换 |
[40:40] | One more thing. | 还有 |
[40:44] | Whatever sacrifices I made for you, | 不论我为你做出何种牺牲 |
[40:46] | are none of your business. | 你都不要管 |
[40:48] | All you gotta do is grow up and be happy. | 你快乐地长大就好了 |
[40:51] | Then I’ll have everything I’ve ever wanted, okay? | 那样我就心满意足了 好吗 |
[41:18] | Sorry… | 抱歉 |
[41:20] | I rang the bell. | 我按门铃了 |
[41:22] | I know. It’s broken. | 我知道 门铃坏了 |
[41:24] | You got a moment? I have good news. | 你有时间吗 我有个好消息告诉你 |
[41:26] | Yes. | 当然有 |
[41:28] | But Mrs. Peri’s plane landed 20 minutes ago. | 但佩里太太的飞机20分钟前就降落了 |
[41:31] | We’re expecting her any second. | 她随时可能回来 |
[41:33] | I spoke to my wife. | 我和我妻子谈过了 |
[41:34] | She will not say a word to anyone | 她在这儿看到的事情 |
[41:36] | about what she saw here. | 不会向任何人提起 |
[41:38] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[41:40] | And the baby? | 那孩子呢 |
[41:42] | Her interest in Tucker has been… resolved. | 她对塔科的兴趣 已经消散了 |
[41:45] | Oh, this is such a relief. | 真让人松了口气 |
[41:48] | Thank you for your help, Mr. Adrian. | 多谢您帮助我 艾德里安先生 |
[41:51] | I really owe you one. | 我欠您个大人情 |
[41:58] | You absolutely do. | 那是自然 |