时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | That summer was a remarkable one. | 今年夏天非同寻常 |
[00:22] | It was the summer we dared to dream. | 这是我们不敢梦想的一个夏天 |
[00:25] | For generations, we’d known nothing but violence, | 几代人以来只有暴力 |
[00:28] | nothing but hatred, | 只有仇恨 |
[00:30] | but finally, we were saying enough is enough. | 但终于我们说“够了” |
[00:33] | Finally, we were saying let’s give peace a chance. | 最终我们说“给和平一次机会” |
[00:37] | – She’s up here. – Jesus Christ. | – 她在这里! – 我的天! |
[00:38] | She’s pretending she’s on Parkinson again. | 她又在演《帕金森》了 |
[00:41] | Parkinson? Does she know what time it is? | 《帕金森》?她知道现在几点吗? |
[00:42] | I’ll Parkinson her. I’ve enough on my plate without Parkinson. | 我会让她“帕金森”发作 我还不能 |
[00:45] | Close the door. | 关上门! |
[00:47] | No, Orla. Leave, then close the door. | 不 欧拉 出去 关上门 |
[00:54] | And it was Wogan, for your information. | 提醒你 是沃甘 |
[01:05] | For the love of God, don’t forget your waterproof trousers. | 哦 上帝呀 别忘了防水裤 |
[01:08] | Nearly bloody bankrupted us. | 它差点害我们破产了 |
[01:11] | Do the Protestants have to bring waterproof trousers, | 新教徒带防水裤吗? |
[01:13] | or will the Catholics be expected to do all the dirty work? | 还是脏活累活都是天主教徒的? |
[01:16] | It’s not dirty work. It’s an outdoor pursuits weekend. | 不是脏活累活 就是室外探索周末 |
[01:18] | Thought you said you were building bridges. | 我以为你在修桥 |
[01:20] | Not real bridges, Mammy. Metaphorical bridges. | 不是真的桥 妈妈 桥是个比喻 |
[01:23] | Then why can’t you wear metaphorical trousers? | 那你为什么不能穿比喻的裤子? |
[01:26] | – Will any of your crowd be going, love? – My crowd? | – 兰尼 你们要去吗 亲爱的? – 我们? |
[01:28] | Or can you not get Protestant lesbians? | 还是你们找不到同性恋新教徒? |
[01:31] | No, I think you can get them, all right, it’s just… | 不 我觉得没问题 不过… |
[01:33] | I heard that k.d. lang on the radio yesterday. | 我昨天在广播上听到凯迪莲的歌 |
[01:35] | Christ, but she’s got some set of pipes on her. | 天!但她的嗓音真不错 |
[01:38] | You’re very talented people. | 你们非常有才华 |
[01:40] | Thank you? | 谢谢? |
[01:41] | Has anyone seen my bow and arrow? | 有人看到我的弓箭了吗? |
[01:43] | Orla really thrives in the wild, you know. | 欧拉在野外很开心 |
[01:46] | That time we went camping in Portsalon, | 那次我们去圣莱杰港露营 |
[01:48] | sure she was like Mowgli, running around them woods. | 她在林间跑来跑去就像《奇幻森林》 |
[01:51] | She was that happy, Mary, | 她那么开心 玛丽 |
[01:52] | I honestly thought about just leaving her there. | 我真的有考虑把她留在那里 |
[01:54] | Mammy! | 哦 妈妈 |
[01:56] | Because of government restrictions, | 因为政府限制 我们不能播放 |
[01:57] | we cannot broadcast the voice of Mr. Adams. | 亚当斯先生的声音 |
[02:00] | His words are spoken by an actor. | 他的话由一位演员读出来 |
[02:01] | Well, with respect, and I mean, | 好吧,恕我直言,我是说- |
[02:03] | – if you’re watching… – I’ll never understand the point of it. | 我真不明白这意义何在 |
[02:06] | I’ll never understand the point of you. | 我真不明白你的意义何在 |
[02:09] | Grand so. | 恭喜 |
[02:10] | I’ll go. | 我来 |
[02:11] | …both agree about the need to see an end to all acts of violence. | 双方都同意迫切需要结束所有的暴力行为 |
[02:17] | I want to see that. | 我希望看到这点 |
[02:18] | It’s because his natural voice is actually very seductive. | 那是因为他自己的声音很性感 |
[02:22] | Apparently, he sounds like a West Belfast Bond. | 显然他听起来像西贝尔法斯特 的一个金发帅哥 |
[02:25] | As far as English are concerned, a voice like that, well, it’s dangerous. | 对英国人来说 那样的声音很危险 |
[02:29] | Just so I’m clear, are you saying that the British government | 我问清楚点 你是说英国政府 |
[02:32] | dub the voice of Gerry Adams because it’s too sexy? | 给杰瑞•亚当斯配音是 因为他的声音太性感了? |
[02:35] | It’s like a fine whiskey. | 就像上好的威士忌 |
[02:37] | And I have it on good authority, boy. | 我很有经验 孩子 |
[02:40] | OK. | 好吧 |
[02:41] | – Fuck-a-doodle-doo. – Hi. | – 咯咯咯 – 嗨 |
[02:43] | Bet that’s what he said when he was nabbed. | 那个服务员被抓了 |
[02:45] | – When who got nabbed? – Have you not heard? | – 等等 谁被抓了? – 你没听说? |
[02:48] | You know your man, floppy hair, English, | 你了解自己的人吗?软趴趴的头发 英国人 |
[02:50] | he’s all, “Fuck-a-doodle this, fuck-a-doodle-that.” | “去他妈的这个”“去他妈的那个” |
[02:52] | He’s flat out going to weddings with his mates, | 他想和同伙断绝往来 直到其中一个 |
[02:54] | until one of them, the fat beardy one in the skirt, | 那个穿衬衣胖胖的大胡子 |
[02:56] | until he croaks it and they’re all, | 他骗了大家 大家都说 |
[02:57] | “We need to show this man a bit of respect here. Let’s stop all the clocks.” | “我们得让他学会尊敬人 让时光停滞” |
[03:00] | He goes with your woman. You know her. | 他和那个女人出去 你认识她的 |
[03:02] | She’s a total ride, but she paper-clips her frocks together. | 她用回形针把连衣裙别起来超级性感 |
[03:05] | Well, he was caught getting down and dirty | 他在宝马车后排 |
[03:09] | with some hooker in the back of his BMW. | 和几个妓女车震时被抓了 |
[03:11] | Dark horse or what? | – 出人意料啊 |
[03:13] | Good morning, Michelle. | – 早上好 米歇尔 |
[03:15] | I am buzzing for this weekend. | 我对周末感到激动 |
[03:16] | Them waterproof trousers do wonders for my hole. | 防水裤让我屁股超好看 |
[03:18] | Mine are pink. They’re bright pink. | 我的是粉色的 亮粉色 |
[03:21] | They were two for one, James. Stop crying. | 买一送一 别哭了 |
[03:23] | – Two for one? Where? – Kays Catalogue. | 买一送一?在哪儿?基的商品目录 |
[03:24] | – Oh, my mammy said to tell you… – Her big bowl. | 我妈妈让我告诉你… 她的大腕 |
[03:27] | I know, I know, I keep forgetting. I’ll drop it ’round today. | 我老是忘 我今天会送过去 |
[03:29] | No, she said to hang on to it. | 不 她说你留着吧 |
[03:32] | What? She doesn’t want her big bowl back? | 什么?她不要大腕了? |
[03:35] | But why? There’s nothing wrong with that bowl. | 但为什么?那碗有什么问题吗? |
[03:37] | Sure, I was admiring that bowl only yesterday. | 我昨天还很欣赏那个碗呢 |
[03:39] | – It’s a grand bowl. – I’m just a messenger, folks. | 是个很好的碗!我只负责传话 大伙 |
[03:42] | – Aye. – We need to shift ourselves. | – 对了 – 我们得走了 |
[03:46] | Listen, wains. I’ve already said this to Erin. | 听着 等一下 我已经给艾琳讲过了 |
[03:49] | Mammy, please. | 妈妈 求你了 |
[03:51] | No funny business with these Protestant lads. Is that clear? | 别和这些新教徒上床 明白了吗? |
[03:54] | I don’t want anybody landing back here pregnant. | 我不想任何人回来的时候怀孕了 |
[03:57] | Not very likely in my case. | 我不太可能 |
[03:58] | I wouldn’t rule it out, son. | 我可不排除这种可能 孩子 |
[04:00] | Teenage boys can be very convincing, Erin. | 青春期男孩很会骗小姑娘 艾琳 |
[04:02] | – I remember your father at that age… – End that sentence now. | – 我记得你爸爸 – 打住 |
[04:05] | – Yes, please do. – Creep. | 是啊 打住 – 怪人 |
[04:08] | We’re not doing this to get off with Protestant boys, Mammy. | – 我们做这个不是为了和新教徒男孩上床 妈妈 |
[04:10] | We’re doing this to reach across the divide. | 我们只是为了弥补宗教分裂 |
[04:13] | – Did your mother get a new big bowl? – I don’t think so. | – 你妈妈买了个新碗吗? – 我觉得没有 |
[04:15] | – We’re doing this for peace… – All right, Erin. | – 我们是为了和平 – 好了 艾琳! |
[04:17] | No need to make a big song and dance about it. | 没必要自吹自擂 |
[04:25] | We’re doing it for peace, all right, Mary. | 我们是为了而和平 好吧 玛丽 |
[04:27] | A piece of that fine Protestant ass. | 和那性感的新教徒 |
[04:30] | God, you are such a hypocrite, Erin. | 天 你真是个伪君子 艾琳 |
[04:32] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不是 |
[04:33] | I just don’t think there’s anything wrong with some cross-community… | 我觉得跨社区交流没什么问题 |
[04:36] | – Fiddling. – …relations. | – 结交 – 谈恋爱! |
[04:37] | So, we need to head southeast for 0.5 miles, | 我们得往东南方向走零点五英里 |
[04:40] | and you’ll receive further instructions shortly. | 很快会收到进一步指示 |
[04:43] | We haven’t even left the estate yet, Orla. | 我们还没走出小区呢 欧拉 |
[04:46] | These Prods have got some serious moves up their sleeves, you know. | 这些新教徒有秘密招数 |
[04:49] | They’re not as fucked up about sex as we are. | 他们对性没那么多禁止 |
[04:51] | They put the work in. They know what they’re doing. | 他们下过功夫 活儿很好 |
[04:53] | They’re people, Michelle. They’re not sex toys. | 他们是人 米歇尔 不是性爱男孩 |
[04:56] | I beg to differ. | 恕难同意 |
[04:57] | I’m really looking forward to making friends with some lads. | 我很期待和这些男生交朋友 |
[04:59] | Lads aren’t going to make friends with you, James. | 男生不会和你交朋友的 詹姆斯 |
[05:01] | Lads make friends with other lads. | – 男生和别的男生交朋友 |
[05:03] | – I am a lad. – So you are, James. | – 我是男生 你真是 詹姆斯 |
[05:05] | OK, how much money do we have? | 好了 我们有多少钱? |
[05:07] | Look, the riding of the Protestants is one thing, | 去新教徒流行是一回事 |
[05:09] | but I don’t see why we have to buy them a present. | 但为什么一定要给他们买礼物? |
[05:11] | I mean, they already have all the land, all the jobs and all the fucking rights. | 他们已经拥有了 所有的土地、工作和该死的权利 |
[05:14] | Aye, Michelle, that’s definitely the attitude | 米歇尔 就该是这种态度 |
[05:15] | we should have entering into this weekend. | 带着这种态度过完周末 |
[05:17] | A present for Protestants? | 礼物…给新教徒? |
[05:20] | My next Protestant gift delivery isn’t due to arrive until Wednesday, | 不 下批礼品要下周三才送来 |
[05:24] | and as it stands, I’m completely out of stock, | 目前我没货了 |
[05:27] | what with there being such a high fucking demand | 为什么有这么多的礼物需求 |
[05:29] | for that sort of thing around these parts. | – 就因为那事 |
[05:31] | That’s a shame. | – 真遗憾 |
[05:32] | How much for the Subbuteo, Dennis? | 那个拼图多少钱? |
[05:34] | We’ll call it 16 quid. | 算十六镑吧 |
[05:36] | Could we call it 1.76? | 可以一镑七十六便士吗? |
[05:38] | No, we fucking couldn’t. | 不 想都别想 |
[05:39] | How about we give you the 1.76, | 我们给你一镑七十六便士 |
[05:41] | – and we pay the rest off in installments? – Yeah. | 剩下的分期怎么样? |
[05:44] | Which would be, what, 3.56 over four weeks. | 是啊 那就是每周三镑五十六便士 四周付完 |
[05:46] | Jesus, check out Rain Wain. | 天 瞧瞧这数学天才 |
[05:48] | Or, you could give us the Subbuteo, and then we could work off the debt. | 或者你把拼图给我们 我们给你打工还钱 |
[05:51] | Yeah, we could do chores and stuff. | 对 我们可以跑跑腿什么的 |
[05:53] | Chores? What do you think this is? | 跑腿?你们觉得这是哪儿? |
[05:55] | Little House on the fucking Prairie? | 《草原上的小木屋》吗? |
[05:56] | Do you watch Little House on the Prairie, Dennis? | 你看《草原上的小木屋》? |
[05:58] | Get out! | 出去! |
[06:02] | Come on, girls, this is embarrassing. | 来吧 女孩儿们 真丢人 |
[06:04] | Well, it’s all right for you, Clare, but we want to bunk these lads. | 你倒没关系 但我们还想和他们上床呢 |
[06:07] | We have to offer them some kind of incentive. | 我们有引诱他们上钩的东西啊 |
[06:08] | They’re not prostitutes, Michelle, and even if they were, | 他们不是妓男 米歇尔! 就算他们是 |
[06:11] | I think a half-eaten packet of Rolos and an Ulster Bank keyring | 半包吃剩的巧克力糖和一个银行钥匙圈 |
[06:14] | is a pretty insulting form of payment. | 完全是寒碜人 |
[06:16] | I have an HB pencil. | 我有只铅笔 |
[06:17] | Happy days. | 快乐的日子 |
[06:18] | Hi, guys. | 嗨 朋友们 |
[06:20] | That’s… that’s not what you’re giving to the Protestants, is it? | 这是… 这不是给新教徒的礼物吧? |
[06:24] | It’s just a little token, really. | 只是略表心意 |
[06:25] | Yeah, so is ours. | 对 我们也是 |
[06:27] | Is that an Ulster Bank keyring? | – 那是阿尔斯特银行钥匙圈? |
[06:28] | It is indeed, yeah. | – 是的 就是 |
[06:29] | I must admit, I had a bit of an advantage | 我得说就送礼物这件事来说 |
[06:32] | when it came to the whole present buying thing, because… | 我还是有点优势的 因为… |
[06:34] | – You’re loaded. – Because I know what they like. | – 你很有钱 – 因为我知道他们喜欢什么 |
[06:37] | I happen to be very good friends with a half-Protestant. | 我碰巧和一个准新教徒是朋友 |
[06:40] | – What? – They don’t come in halves, Jenny. | – 什么? – 没有准这种说法 珍妮 |
[06:42] | They do, actually. I met her at ballet class. | 其实有的 我和她一起学芭蕾 |
[06:44] | Her name’s Zara, and she has a horse. | 她叫萨拉 她有一匹马 |
[06:47] | Good for Zara. Bye-bye, now. | 萨拉好样的 再见了 |
[06:50] | Of course she’s friends with a half-Protestant. Of course she is. | 当然她有准新教徒朋友 当然了! |
[06:53] | She has been fucking unbearable since them braces came off. | 自从她牙套掉了之后就让人忍无可忍 |
[06:56] | Dose. | 别 |
[06:57] | Well, I can make friends with a full-Protestant | 我要和正宗新教徒交朋友 |
[06:58] | and see how she likes it. | 看看她怎么办 |
[06:59] | Zara won’t seem quite so impressive next to my thoroughbred, will she, Jenny?! | 萨拉在正宗新教徒那里啥也不算 珍妮 |
[07:03] | Relax, Clare. | 放松点 克莱尔 |
[07:04] | Why has she got so much money anyway? | 但她为什么这么有钱? |
[07:06] | Who’s her dad? Pierce fucking Brosnan? | 她爸爸是谁?皮尔斯•布鲁斯南? |
[07:07] | He’s a surgeon over at Altnagelvin. He took Orla’s tonsils out. | 他在阿特纳吉文当医生 欧拉的扁桃体就是他切除的 |
[07:11] | And not a day goes by when I don’t think about them. | 我每天都在怀念我的扁桃体 |
[07:13] | Give peace a chance! Give peace a chance! | 给和平一次机会! |
[07:16] | Give peace a chance! Give peace a chance! | 给和平一次机会! |
[07:20] | Give peace a chance! | 给和平一次机会! |
[07:21] | No hate! No hate! Let’s integrate! | 不要仇恨!团结起来! |
[07:25] | Yay! | 耶! |
[07:27] | – Give peace a chance! – Kill me. | – 给和平一次机会! – 杀了我吧 |
[07:28] | Give peace a chance! Give peace a chance! | 给和平一次机会! |
[07:32] | The Prods have landed. | 新教徒们来了 |
[07:49] | Single file. | 一排 |
[07:54] | You must be Ms. Turner. | 你肯定是泰勒老师 |
[07:55] | That’s right. Well, Janet. | 对 珍妮特 |
[07:58] | Michael. Sister Michael. | 米歇尔 米歇尔修女 |
[08:01] | – It’s a pleasure. – I know. | – 很荣幸 – 我知道 |
[08:05] | – Move it. – Shift it. | – 进去! – 动起来 |
[08:08] | Why is everyone so desperate for them to mix? | 为什么大家都想把他们混在一起 |
[08:12] | I think we should keep them separate. | 我们应该把他们分开 |
[08:14] | I think we should keep them in cages. | 我们应该把他们关笼子里 |
[08:18] | So, Our Lady Immaculate girls have been split into groups, | 我们纯洁无瑕的女孩们 |
[08:22] | A through to F, | 分成A到F组 |
[08:23] | as have the Londonderry Boys Academy. | 伦敦德里郡学院的男孩们也一样 |
[08:26] | We’d like to As to find As, Bs to find Bs, | A男孩和A女孩搭档 B和B等等 |
[08:29] | et cetera and so on. It’s very straightforward. | 非常简单 |
[08:33] | However, if that isn’t clear, feel free to say so. | 但如果有不清楚的地方 可以提出来 |
[08:37] | But know that you will be judged. | 但你们会被评判 |
[08:41] | Oh, lads, you really shouldn’t have. | 哦 男孩们 真不好意思 |
[08:44] | I’m starting to see that, all right. | 我要打开看看 好吧 |
[08:47] | I’m going to keep mine on my bed, where I sleep, | 我要把我的熊放在床上睡觉的时候 |
[08:50] | – in me knickers. – Right. | 放在内衣下面 – 好的 |
[08:53] | I mean, these are free, for a start. My dad has, like, 45 of them. | – 这是免费的吧 我爸有四十五个 |
[08:56] | We were told it was an all-girls school. You’ve been a bit short-changed there. | 我们听说在女校 你受到不公的待遇 |
[08:59] | Nah, it’s fine, mate. | 不 没什么 朋友 |
[09:00] | It’s all good, man. I… | 挺好的 伙计 我… |
[09:02] | – I’ll just give it to my bird. – Your bird? | 我会把它送给我女朋友 – 你女朋友? |
[09:05] | Yeah, she’s really… fit and stuff. | – 对 她很有魅力 |
[09:09] | Right, OK. Great. | 好吧 很好 |
[09:12] | I’m sorry, but is he OK? | 对不起 但他没事吧? |
[09:15] | Philip’s actually deaf. | 菲利普其实听不见 |
[09:17] | – Oh. – In one ear. | – 噢 – 有一只耳朵 |
[09:19] | – He’s deaf in one ear? – That’s right. | – 一只耳朵是聋的? – 对 |
[09:21] | Which ear? | 哪一只? |
[09:22] | That’s actually a very inappropriate question. | 这问题其实不太恰当 |
[09:24] | – Is it? – It is, yeah. | – 是吗? – 是的 |
[09:26] | Oh, my God! This is the best present ever! | 哦 我的天!有史以来最棒的礼物! |
[09:29] | Oh, you guys. | 噢 你们真会说话 |
[09:31] | Rolo, anyone? | 谁想来点健康小食? |
[09:33] | OK, listen up, people. | 好了 大家听着 |
[09:36] | According to this, you’re going to need a… | 按着上面说的 你们需要这个 |
[09:38] | well, they use the term “buddy,” | 他们用的词是“身体” |
[09:42] | for tomorrow’s activities. | 用于明天的活动 |
[09:44] | I bagsie Harry. | 我选哈里 |
[09:45] | What? But that’s not fair. He’s the only good-looking one. | 什么?但那不公平 他是唯一长得好看的 |
[09:47] | The rest of us are right here. | 我们都还在这儿呢 |
[09:49] | You snooze, you lose, Erin. | 下手慢就输了 |
[09:51] | – I suppose I’ll have you, then. – Aren’t you a charmer? | – 那我只能选你了 – 你也不好看 |
[09:53] | So, should us two bad bastards hook up or what? | 所以我们两个要一起吗? |
[09:56] | – I’m sorry? – Um, will you be my buddy, please? | – 什么? – 你能做我的搭档吗? |
[09:59] | Sure. | 当然 |
[10:01] | Listen, Philip, about the whole “which ear” thing… | 听着 菲利普 “哪只耳朵”那事… |
[10:03] | It’s fine. I’ll be your partner. | 没事 我做你搭档 |
[10:05] | Great! Um, just to be clear, | 太好了 先确定一下 |
[10:08] | are you a fully blown Protestant? | 你是正宗的新教徒吧? |
[10:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:13] | Sister Michael, I don’t have a Protestant. | 麦克修女 我没有分到新教徒 |
[10:16] | – You’ll have to share with James. – What? No. | – 你和詹姆斯分一个 – 什么?!不! |
[10:18] | Look, there just aren’t enough Protestants to go ’round. | 听着 没有那么多新教徒 |
[10:22] | The mediator is here. | 调停者在这里 |
[10:24] | He’s… one of your lot. | 他 是天主教徒 |
[10:27] | Not a priest. Ugh. | 不是牧师 |
[10:30] | Quite young. Southern. | 很年轻 南方人 |
[10:32] | Bit of an arsehole, but oh, my God, amazing hair. | 有点混账 但我的天 漂亮的头发 |
[10:37] | Oh, for feck’s sake. | 哦 看在上帝的份上 |
[10:43] | OK. So, I see a few familiar faces out there. | 好吧 有几张老面孔 |
[10:47] | As some of you may know, I took a bit of a sabbatical last year. | 有人可能知道 我去年休息了几天 |
[10:50] | Do you mean when you shacked up with a slutty hairdresser, | 你是说和淫荡的发型师发生关系 |
[10:52] | – but then she dumped you? – Miss Mallon, please. | – 然后她甩了你吗? – 马伦小姐 |
[10:55] | Raise your hand if you want to ask a question. | 如果要说话 请举手 |
[10:57] | OK, I think we should just move on. | – 好吧 我们继续 |
[11:00] | The hairdresser certainly did. | – 发型师肯定甩了你 |
[11:02] | OK, so, this is just a little exercise | 好了 首先做个小练习 |
[11:06] | – I like to kick off with. – Oh, give me strength. | 赐给我力量 |
[11:08] | I want you guys to give me examples of things | 我想你们给我举几个 |
[11:11] | that Catholics and Protestants have in common, | 天主教徒和新教徒 |
[11:14] | and things that they don’t have in common. | 相同和不同的地方 |
[11:16] | Let’s start with similarities. | 首先从相似性开始 |
[11:18] | Erin, why don’t you get the ball rolling? | 艾琳 你先来好吗? |
[11:20] | OK. So, we both… | 好的 我们两个都… |
[11:23] | Right. So, we all… | 我们全都… |
[11:28] | Oh, this is actually quite hard. | 天!其实好难 |
[11:31] | Anything at all. A small thing, even. | – 什么都可以 小事情也可以 |
[11:32] | OK. So, right. | – 好吧 那么 |
[11:37] | I’m actually drawing a blank here, to be honest. | 天 老实说 我想不出来 |
[11:42] | A similarity. Yes? | 相似性吗? |
[11:43] | Protestants are British and Catholics are Irish. | 新教徒是英国人 天主教徒是爱尔兰人 |
[11:46] | That’s actually a difference. | 那其实是差异 |
[11:48] | Quite a… well, quite a big difference. | 很大的差异 |
[11:50] | But that’s OK. We can write that down. | 没关系 我们可以写下来 |
[11:54] | Now, back to similarities. Yes? | 现在回到相似性 是的 |
[11:58] | Protestants are richer. | 新教徒更富裕 |
[11:59] | OK, so that’s another difference, | 好吧 又一个差异 |
[12:02] | and I’m not sure that’s actually… | 而且我不确定这… |
[12:04] | I mean, is that true? | 是不是真的? |
[12:06] | I would say so. | 我觉得是的 |
[12:07] | Mm, yeah, I suppose that’s fair enough. | 好吧 有道理 |
[12:09] | Yes, great. Off you go. | 好的 来吧 |
[12:11] | Catholics really buzz off statues and we don’t so much. | 天主教徒很激动 但我们不怎么激动 |
[12:14] | I do enjoy a good statue, it has to be said. | 必须得说 我确实很喜欢雕像 |
[12:17] | So, again, what we have there is a difference. | 这又是一个 – 差异 |
[12:20] | Oh, Protestants like to march and Catholics like to walk. | – 噢!新教徒喜欢游行 我们喜欢走路 |
[12:25] | OK, can we just… Jenny, could you just… | 好了 我们能不能 珍妮 你… |
[12:27] | Oh, you’ve already written it down, have you? | 哦 你已经写下来了 是吧? |
[12:29] | Great, thank you, Jenny. | 很好 谢谢 珍妮 |
[12:31] | I just want to pause and think about what’s in here. | 我想停下来 |
[12:38] | What about the fact that we all feel, | 我们都感觉到了什么 |
[12:40] | and love, | 爱? |
[12:41] | and hope, and… | 希望? |
[12:44] | Write this down… | 写下来 |
[12:45] | We all cry. | 我们都会哭 |
[12:48] | We all laugh. We all dream. | 我们都会笑 会梦想 |
[12:51] | So I just want to think along those lines for a moment. | 想想这些内容 |
[12:56] | OK. | 好吗? |
[12:57] | Catholics watch RTE. | 天主教徒很脏! |
[12:58] | Protestants love cleaning. | 新教徒喜欢打扫! |
[12:59] | Protestants are taller. | 新教徒更高! |
[13:01] | Catholics have more freckles. | 天主教徒更多雀斑 |
[13:02] | Protestants hate ABBA. | 新教主讨厌ABBA组合 |
[13:04] | OK, thank you. | 好吧 谢谢你们 |
[13:06] | Let me just rephrase slightly. | 让我换个问法 |
[13:09] | Can you think of anything | 你们能想到有没有任何事情 |
[13:13] | that unites every single person in this room? | 能团结这屋里的每个人吗? |
[13:19] | Is there anything that we all want? | 有什么是我们都渴望的? |
[13:21] | For this to be over. | 结束这个环节 |
[13:23] | And we’ll wrap it up there. | 我们马上结束 |
[13:33] | I’m not sure about this. | 我不确定该不该这样 |
[13:34] | I knew you’d fanny out. | 艾琳 你真搞笑 |
[13:36] | These lads have moves, you said so yourself, Michelle. | 这些家伙有绝招 你自己说的 米歇尔 |
[13:38] | I haven’t got any moves. | 我没有招数 |
[13:39] | Look, let’s just get in there, have a few drinks | 听着 我们进去喝几杯 |
[13:41] | and just loosen up a bit. | 放松一下? |
[13:42] | No! No loosening up. I don’t like it. | 不!不要放松 我不喜欢 |
[13:45] | Just be confident, Erin. Boys like that. | 自信点 艾琳 男生喜欢自信的女孩 |
[13:47] | How the fuck would you know what boys like? | 你怎么知道男生喜欢什么? |
[13:49] | Because I’m a boy, Michelle. I’m a real live boy. | 因为我是男生 米歇尔 活生生的男生 |
[13:52] | Oh, yeah, like Pinocchio. | 哦 是啊 就像匹诺曹 |
[14:00] | OK. | 好了 |
[14:01] | Listen, be sexy, OK? | 听着 性感点 好吗? |
[14:04] | Sexy. Right. | 性感 对 |
[14:08] | I said be sexy, not be a fucking blowfish, Erin. | 我说性感 不是金鱼 艾琳 |
[14:19] | Hello, mate. | 你好 朋友 |
[14:20] | We heard you boys are having a party. | 我听说你们在开派对 |
[14:23] | – No. – Well, you are now. | 没有 那现在是派对了 |
[14:39] | I really like this one. Have you seen the video… | 我很喜欢这个 你看过… |
[14:41] | OK, let’s cut the crap, Dee. | 好了 废话少说 |
[14:43] | – Sorry? – You know why I’m here. | – 什么? – 你知道我为什么而来 |
[14:45] | – But before we begin… – Begin what? | – 但开始之前… – 开始什么? |
[14:46] | I won’t have as many moves as you. I just want to get that out there. | 我没什么招数 我只想直接来 |
[14:49] | I really don’t know… | 我不太明白… |
[14:51] | I haven’t put the hours in, and that’s not because I’m lazy, | 我没有弄润滑剂 不是因为我懒 |
[14:54] | it’s just not part of our culture. | 因为我们没这种文化 |
[14:55] | But if you’re OK with that, I’d say we just crack on. | 如果你不介意的话 我们就开始吧 |
[15:02] | Fancy another beer, mate? | 为什么你坐在床上 伙计? |
[15:03] | Christ, I just love beer. | 因为我喜欢啤酒 |
[15:05] | Don’t you just love beer? | 你不喜欢吗? |
[15:09] | and football and poker, and, you know, tits. | 还有足球和扑克,奶子- |
[15:11] | – Tits? – Can’t get enough of them. | – 奶子? – 玩不腻 |
[15:13] | Then again, I am a lad. | 再说一遍我是个男人 |
[15:14] | Yeah, he may be a lad, Jon, | 是的 他可能是 约翰 |
[15:15] | but I can offer you protection. | 但我能给你保护 |
[15:18] | I have a hunting knife. | – 我要猎刀 |
[15:20] | Right, OK. | – 好吧 |
[15:21] | Oy-oy, where you going? | – 等等 你要去哪儿 – 上厕所 |
[15:22] | – Nature’s calling. – Whoa. Number one or number two? | 哇哦 大号还是小号? |
[15:25] | – Excuse me? – Just answer the question, Jon. | – 什么? – 回答问题 约翰 |
[15:27] | I don’t want to answer the question. I’m not comfortable with the question. | 我不喜欢回答那个问题 我不自在 |
[15:30] | ‘Cause if it’s a number two, it’s safer to bury it. | 因为如果是大号 最好埋起来 |
[15:32] | You don’t want a pack of wolves following your scent out in these parts. | 你不想狼闻到你的味道跟过来 |
[15:35] | Those boys, they’ll tear you limb from limb. | 那些家伙会把你五马分尸 |
[15:38] | – We’re inside. – Very sophisticated noses, Jon. | – 我们在室内 – 鼻子很灵的 约翰 |
[15:41] | I’m going to go now. | 我得走了 |
[15:43] | Can’t you let me have anything for myself? | 我就不能单独拥有一点吗? |
[15:45] | No. | 不行! |
[15:53] | Do you want to go somewhere a bit more private? | 你想找个更隐蔽的地方吗? |
[15:58] | I’m not sure that’s a good idea. | 我不确定这是个好主意 |
[16:01] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[16:05] | What the fuck’s that? | 那是什么? |
[16:07] | And, I think the reason I was interested | 我想知道你是不是纯正新教徒 |
[16:09] | in whether you were a fully blown Protestant | 是因为就我而言 |
[16:11] | is because, as far as I’m concerned, you can’t be Protestant enough. | 新教徒怎么纯正都不过分 |
[16:14] | I am all for the Protestants. I can’t get enough of them. | 我非常喜欢新教徒 我太喜欢新教徒 |
[16:17] | Protestant mad, I am, and I think… | 为新教徒发狂 我可能会… |
[16:20] | And I may be running with this… but I’m sure you really like Catholics. | 为此参加竞选 但我确定你喜欢不喜欢天主教徒 |
[16:23] | It’s just that we have been conditioned to… | 我们的定位有点… |
[16:24] | – I don’t. – What? You don’t? | 我不喜欢 什么?你不喜欢? |
[16:28] | No. I hate them. I think they’re all arseholes. | 不 我恨他们 他们都是混蛋 |
[16:31] | That’s not true. That can’t be true. | 不是那样的 不可能是那样 |
[16:34] | It is. They’re all thick as shit. I despise them. I really do. | 就是 他们笨的像猪 我鄙视他们 真的 |
[16:38] | OK. | 好吧 |
[16:40] | So, how do you want to do this? | 那你想怎么…来? |
[16:44] | Do you want to kick things off, or should I? | 你想来开始还是… 我先开始? |
[16:48] | Oh, my God, are you coming on to me?! | 哦 我的天 你在跟我调情? |
[16:51] | Is that what this is? | 原来是这个? |
[16:53] | I thought you were having some sort of breakdown. | 我还以为你情绪有点问题 |
[16:59] | He’s wearing a purity bracelet. | 他带着清教徒手环 |
[17:01] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[17:02] | No down below action, that’s what it fucking means. | 不 不能做 就这样意思 |
[17:05] | – We have to swap. – Swap? | 我们得交换 – 交换? |
[17:06] | Yeah, we’ll just swap over. You take Harry, I’ll take Lee. | – 是的 我们换过来 你跟哈里 我跟李 |
[17:09] | – Dee. – Whatever. | – 蒂 管他叫什么 |
[17:11] | – We can’t do that. – Why not? | 我不能 为什么不? |
[17:12] | You fancied him first, and your lack of moves won’t be an issue. | 你先喜欢他的 你缺乏行动就不成问题了 |
[17:16] | – That is true. – Aye. | 那倒是 |
[17:17] | – She’s coming. – Who? | – 她来了 – 谁 |
[17:19] | The woman. The small, angry penguin woman. | 这个女人 小个子喷怒的企鹅女 |
[17:21] | – Sister Michael! – Shit! | – 麦克修女! – 该死! |
[17:28] | Oh, good evening, Sister. | 哦 晚上好 修女 |
[17:30] | We just popped ’round because we had a few questions | 我们过来因为有几个问题 |
[17:33] | about the British Empire, | 关于大英帝国的 |
[17:34] | which the boys have cleared up for us now, so… | 男生们给我们解答了一下 对吧? |
[17:36] | They weren’t talking about the British Empire, Sister. | 他们不是在谈论大英帝国 修女 |
[17:38] | They were having a party. I could hear the music. | 他们在开派对 我能听到音乐声 |
[17:42] | You will go far in life, Jenny. | 你前途无量 珍妮 |
[17:44] | But you will not be well liked. | 但你不会受人欢迎 |
[17:46] | Honestly, girls. | 老实说 女孩儿们 |
[17:48] | I need my eight hours, | 我需要八小时睡眠 |
[17:50] | but I’ve had Mary Quinn on the phone frying my head and now this. | 但先是玛丽•奎因打电话吵我 然后又是这个 |
[17:53] | What? | 什么?我妈妈打电话了? |
[17:54] | My mother rang? Why, is everything OK? | 为什么?都还好吧? |
[17:57] | Oh, she was very distressed. She wanted me to pass on a message. | 她压力很大 想让我传递个信息 |
[18:00] | And are you gonna? | 然后呢?你要说吗? |
[18:03] | Oh, fine. | 好吧 |
[18:07] | “Erin, I need some information. | “艾琳 我需要点情报 |
[18:10] | Can you find out, in a subtle way, | 你想个微妙的方式 |
[18:14] | if Michelle’s mother was given the big bowl | 把让这人把大腕还给米歇尔妈妈 |
[18:18] | by someone she has since fallen out with, | 这人和她吵过架 |
[18:20] | and if she can no longer bring herself to look at the big bowl | 这人再也无法直视这碗 |
[18:25] | because it’s just too painful? | 因为这过于痛苦 |
[18:26] | All the best, your mother, Mary.” | 祝好运 你的母亲玛丽” |
[18:29] | Well? | 怎么? |
[18:31] | No. | 不 |
[18:33] | Shift it. Let’s go. | 出来 走吧 快点 |
[18:35] | Come on. Quick. | 快 |
[18:40] | Jenny. | 珍妮 |
[18:54] | She hasn’t said two words since last night. | 她从昨晚起就没说过一句话- |
[18:56] | Well, I’m not complaining. | 我不是在抱怨 |
[18:58] | I just did it for a laugh, the trousers. | 我只是为了搞笑 裤子 |
[19:02] | I’ll do anything for a laugh, me. I’m mad like that. | 我会做些搞笑的事情 我就这么疯狂 |
[19:05] | Right. | 好吧 |
[19:07] | Right, there they are. | 好吧 他们在那里 |
[19:08] | OK, if we’re going to do this, Michelle, | 好吧 如果我们要这样做 米歇尔 |
[19:10] | – we need to do it delicately. – Course. | 我们得很巧妙 当然 |
[19:12] | Oy, lads! | 喂 朋友们! |
[19:13] | We wanna swap. | 我们想交换 |
[19:15] | Brilliant. | 很好 |
[19:16] | – Swap? – Yeah. | – 交换? – 是的 |
[19:18] | Erin’s gonna have Harry now, and I’m gonna have you, all right? | 艾琳和哈里一组 我和你一组 可以吗? |
[19:22] | Great stuff. | 好主意 |
[19:23] | I think we can all agree that for generations | 我们都同意几代人以来 |
[19:26] | there’s been a deep lack of trust between your communities, | 你们的社群之间严重缺乏信任 |
[19:30] | and that’s where abseiling comes in. | 因此有了绕绳下降 |
[19:32] | Christ. | 上帝 |
[19:33] | Abseiling is a great trust-building exercise, | 绕绳下降是打造信任的好训练 |
[19:36] | because what you’re doing is, you’re saying to your buddy, | 因为你要做的就是告诉同伴 |
[19:38] | “Lean on me, I’m here for you.” | “依靠我 我保护你” |
[19:42] | Now, let me see who’s first. | 现在谁先来? |
[19:43] | Ah, Clare. Clare Devlin. There you are. | 啊 克莱尔•戴芙琳 |
[19:45] | I-I’m not sure about this. | 我不是很确定 |
[19:47] | You’ll be grand. | 试试 |
[19:49] | No, listen, you don’t understand. | 不 听着 你不明白 |
[19:52] | Now, where’s your buddy? | 你的搭档呢? |
[19:54] | Good man, yourself. Come on up. | 好伙计 自告奋勇 来吧 |
[20:04] | Philip will control Clare’s descent | 菲利普放绳子控制克莱尔下降的速度 |
[20:06] | by feeding her rope through what’s known as a belay device. | 通过这种制动器 |
[20:12] | So he’ll be the one actually dictating the speed of her drop. | 由他来决定她下降的速度 |
[20:15] | I think if it’s OK I’d just like to take a moment and just… | 如果可以的话 我想等一下 |
[20:17] | Jesus! | 天! |
[20:20] | – Are you ready, Philip? – Oh, yeah. | – 准备好了吗 菲利普? – 是的 |
[20:22] | OK, everybody. So, on three… | 好了 大家 数三声 |
[20:24] | Seriously, folks, I’m not feeling entirely comfortable with this. | 说真的 我不是很想做这个! |
[20:27] | One… | 一 |
[20:29] | Two… | 二 |
[20:30] | Three. | 三 |
[20:33] | Stop! Stop it! Get me out of here! | 停下!停下!放我下来! |
[20:35] | He’s trying to kill me! | 他想杀了我! |
[20:37] | He wants to kill us all, all of the Catholics! | 他想杀了我们所有人! 所有天主教徒! |
[20:39] | Look at his eyes, he’s a madman, | 看着他的眼睛 他是个疯子! |
[20:41] | a Fenian-hating madman! | 完全的疯子! |
[20:44] | Don’t let the Jaffa bastard hurt me, please! | 别让新教徒杂种杀害我! |
[20:48] | Jesus, Clare. | – 天 克莱尔! |
[20:49] | Fuck-a-doodle-doo. | – 去他妈的这个! |
[20:51] | – He said he hated us. – No, I didn’t. | 他说他恨我们! 不 我没有 |
[20:53] | Last night you said you hated Catholics. Admit it. | 昨晚你说你恨天主教徒 承认吧! |
[20:56] | I said, I hated athletes. | 我说我很“运动员” |
[20:58] | Not much of a sports fan. | 我不喜欢体育 |
[21:00] | But we weren’t even talking about athletes. | 但我们讨论的不是运动员! |
[21:02] | Yeah, well, I thought we were. | 是啊 我以为我们讨论的是 |
[21:04] | Why would you have thought we were talking about athletes? | 为什么你会以为我们在讨论运动员? |
[21:07] | Because I’m deaf in one ear. | 因为我一只耳朵听不见 |
[21:11] | “Catholics” sounds a bit like “athletes,” to be fair to him, like. | “天主教徒”是听起来像“运动员” 克莱尔 |
[21:15] | Catholics… athletes… | – 确实 – 天主… – 运动员 – 天主教 |
[21:17] | They’re all arseholes. | 他们都是混蛋 |
[21:19] | What the hell is that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[21:21] | You tried to swap us. | 你们想交换搭档 |
[21:23] | Because all Protestants are the same, aren’t they, girls? | 因为新教徒都是一样的 对吧? |
[21:26] | – Yes. – No. | – 是的 – 不! |
[21:27] | And this guy is really creepy and a bit, sort of, sexist. | 这家伙很古怪 有点性别主义 |
[21:30] | And she carries a knife and makes people bury their own excrement. | 她带着刀 让人埋自己的排泄物 |
[21:33] | Fucking Catholics. | 该死的天主教徒 |
[21:35] | – Who said that? – Who? | – 谁说的? – 谁? |
[21:43] | Shall we break it up? | 该把他们分开了? |
[21:44] | Don’t touch the hair! Don’t touch the hair! | 别碰我头发! |
[21:48] | Let’s leave it a minute. | 等一分钟看 |
[21:51] | I just cannot get me head around it. | 我就想不清楚 |
[21:53] | For the love of God, Mary, | 看在上帝的份上 玛丽 |
[21:55] | it’s only a bowl. | 就是一个碗而已 |
[21:56] | Who just gives away their big bowl, Gerry? | 谁会把大腕送人 杰瑞? |
[21:58] | It doesn’t make sense. | – 这没道理 |
[21:59] | Ah, she’s definitely up to something, love. | – 她肯定有阴谋 亲爱的 |
[22:01] | I have always said that Deirdre Mallon is a bit fly. | 我一直说迪尔德丽•马伦有点阴险 |
[22:04] | – I’d confront her about it. – Oh, I intend to. | – 我可以和她对峙 – 哦 我打算这样 |
[22:06] | Great, do that, then maybe we can lay the whole bloody thing to rest. | 好!去吧!也许我们就能平息整件事 |
[22:10] | Take that tone with her again and I’ll lay you to rest, boyo. | 你再那样跟她说话 我就让你歇菜 孩子! |
[22:22] | Do you know what this is about, Geraldine? | 你知道怎么回事吗 杰拉尔丁? |
[22:25] | As far as I can make out, | 据我猜测 |
[22:27] | these lads tried to throw my Clare off a cliff. | 这些家伙想把我的克莱尔扔下悬崖 |
[22:29] | Desperate. | 没救了 |
[22:30] | You all right, Mary? How’s the bowl working out for you? | 你没事吧 玛丽? 碗的事怎么样了? |
[22:34] | Great. Great. Thanks very much, Deirdre. | 很好 非常感谢 迪尔德丽 |
[22:39] | Well, that got to the bottom of it, all right. | 那就是根本的问题 好吧 |
[22:43] | Is that everyone? | 大家都到了吗? |
[22:45] | Lovely stuff. | 好事情 |
[22:48] | OK, so there was a bit of a misunderstanding | 好了 今天的探险有一点误会 |
[22:51] | on the expedition today, | 很不幸地 |
[22:53] | which unfortunately led to a physical altercation. | 引起了肢体冲突 |
[22:58] | I thought, rather than let it fester, | 与其让事情恶化 |
[23:00] | we should talk about it, | 我们应该谈谈 |
[23:01] | and start to heal | 开始疗伤 |
[23:03] | and repair. | 修复关系 |
[23:05] | So… | 那么 |
[23:08] | who’d like to go first? | 谁想先来? |
[23:10] | “Jaffa bastard”? You actually said those words? | “杂种”你真的说了这话? |
[23:12] | It just came out, Mammy. | 脱口而出 妈妈! |
[23:13] | But why were you threatening people with a knife, love? | 你为什么要拿刀威胁别人 亲爱的? |
[23:15] | OK, one at a time, please. | 好吧 就一次 求你了 |
[23:17] | Well, if you’d wear the bloody hearing aid I paid a fortune for, | 为什么你不戴我花了大价钱 |
[23:20] | – you’d have heard what she said! – It’s unbelievable. | 买的助听器? 不敢相信 |
[23:22] | Girls. You were fighting with girls? | 女孩子 你和女孩子打架! |
[23:24] | This is all your fault, Gerry. I knew this would happen. | 都是你的错 你知道吗? |
[23:26] | See that child over there? That child… | 看到那边那个孩子了吗?- |