英文名称:Deconstructing Harry
年代:1997
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:31] | 《解构哈里》 | |
[01:53] | I could never get those fires started. | 我总是生不着那些火。 |
[01:56] | Dad, are you gonna have chicken? You want meat? | 爸,你想吃鸡吗?还是想吃肉? |
[01:58] | Chicken’s fine. | 鸡?鸡就可以了。 |
[02:00] | This is a brilliant article. Norman! | 这篇文章写得真棒。诺曼! |
[02:03] | – Did you read Ken’s article on China? – No, I haven’t. | – 你读过肯写的这篇有关中国的文章了吗? – 不,我还没读。 |
[02:05] | Terrific article. | 很不错的文章。 |
[02:06] | Where is Ken? | 肯去哪儿了? |
[02:08] | He’s in the house watching the Yankee game. | 他在屋子里,在看杨基队的比赛。 |
[02:11] | Your husband comes for a day in the beautiful countryside… | 你丈夫到美丽的乡下过上一天, |
[02:14] | heads for the television set. | 却一直盯着电视机不放。 |
[02:16] | Ken, come on, honey! | 肯,快出来,亲爱的! |
[02:18] | How many people want chicken, and how many want hamburgers? | 你们有多少人要吃鸡, 有多少人要吃汉堡? |
[02:20] | Two more outs! Three minutes! | 还有两个出局,就三分钟。 |
[02:23] | I think everybody’s dying for a little libation. | 我想大家都很想喝点儿酒了吧。 |
[02:25] | Why don’t you make some of your famous Stoli martinis? | 你快去调一点你最拿手的 斯托利【伏特加】马提尼酒吧。 |
[02:28] | Janet, when are you and Ken gonna have a child? | 珍妮特,那么你和肯 准备什么时候要孩子呢? |
[02:31] | You’ve let your sister have a big head start. | 这一点上,你已经 让你妹妹遥遥领先了。 |
[02:33] | Let Leslie practice viola for six hours a day… then it’s not so easy. | 是啊,你让莱丝丽也一天练上六个小时 中提琴试试,她就知道没那么容易了。 |
[02:38] | Leave her alone. | 别去管她。 |
[02:46] | I came in here to make drinks for everybody. | 我…呃…我进来给每个人弄点儿酒喝。 |
[02:53] | – What are you doing? You want a drink? – Sure. | – 你在干嘛?你想要喝点儿吗? – 呃…当然。 |
[02:58] | I was. | 我是想喝点。 |
[03:05] | This is nuts! | 这太疯狂了! |
[03:07] | We gotta get out of here. | 我们不能在这里这样。 |
[03:15] | Oh, God. | 噢,天哪。 |
[03:22] | What? No, We’re gonna get caught. | 怎么?不,不,我们会被抓住的。 |
[03:25] | They’re by the lake. I can see everything. | 他们都在湖边,我什么都能看到。 |
[03:42] | They’re deep in conversation. | 他们正聊得起劲呢。 |
[03:45] | Wait! There’s Janet! | 等一下!珍妮特过来了!嗷! |
[03:50] | – Ken… – No. It’s okay. | – 肯…… – 不。噢,不,没事的。 |
[03:53] | You can’t scare me like that. | 你不能这样吓我,知道吗? |
[03:55] | I grind my teeth. Just don’t scare me like that! | 我恨你这样。 别这样吓唬我! |
[03:58] | It was nothing. Just a false alarm. | 没什么,只是喊了次“狼来了”。 |
[04:00] | Listen, try not to actually chew. | 听着,以后别真的咬。 |
[04:02] | Wouldn’t it be great if we could be alone together? | 噢,天呐,要是我们俩 能单独在一起,那该有多好啊! |
[04:06] | Just relaxed. You and me. | 好好放松一下,就你和我。 |
[04:08] | – It’d be so great. – That would be so great. | – 噢,那一定棒极了。 – 那一定棒极了。 |
[04:10] | Let’s hang in. You never know what’s gonna happen. | 噢,那我们就坚持住, 你不知道会发生什么。 |
[04:13] | Come on, open wide. | 过来,把腿分开。 |
[04:14] | Ken, turn the Yankee game off and come on out here now! | 肯,把杨基的比赛关了, 现在就赶紧出来! |
[04:18] | I will. Just one minute! It’s almost over! | 马上来,就一分钟! 已经快结束啦! |
[04:31] | God. I’m done. | 天哪,我来了,我来了。 |
[04:33] | – You can come anytime you want. – Can I? | – 你想什么时候来就什么时候来吧。 – 是吗? |
[04:37] | I’m done! | 我来了! |
[04:38] | I’m ready! | 我也快了!噢! |
[04:41] | Leslie, is that you? | 莱丝丽,那是你吗? |
[04:44] | Can you lead me down to the lake? | 你能把我领到湖边去吗,亲爱的? |
[04:46] | Can you give me just a minute, Grandma? | 你能稍等一分钟吗,奶奶? |
[04:49] | I’m just… I’m making some martinis. | 我在…嗯…正在准备一些马提尼。 |
[04:52] | – Sure, dear. – I want to finish. | – 好的,好的,亲爱的。 – 我想结束了。 |
[04:54] | Ken? Is that you? | 噢,肯?是你吗? |
[04:57] | Finish what? | 结束什么? |
[04:59] | Hello! | 你好! |
[05:01] | – Come, Ken. – Come? | – 快来呀,肯。 – 快来? |
[05:03] | Come, lead me down to the lake. | 过来,领我到湖边去。 |
[05:05] | Ever since I lost my second eye… | 自从我第二个眼睛失明, |
[05:08] | I feel so frail. | 我感到那么虚弱无助。 |
[05:13] | You don’t have to moan about it. It’s not that terrible. | 你没必要抱怨/呻吟啊, 没那么可怕的。 |
[05:17] | Ken is hurrying, Grandma. | 肯快好了,奶奶。他正在加紧干呢。 |
[05:19] | Would you do the olives? Could you do them quickly? | 你能弄一下橄榄吗,肯? 你能不能弄快一点? |
[05:22] | Oh, you know, you can use onions, too. | 噢,你知道,你也可以放洋葱。 |
[05:24] | I prefer onions, don’t you, Ken? | 我更喜欢洋葱,你呢,肯? |
[05:26] | Yes! Yes! Yes! | 是的!是的!是的! |
[05:30] | Boy, you must really love onions! | 天哪,你一定非常喜欢洋葱! |
[05:36] | How much do I…? | 我要付你多…? |
[05:43] | – Lucy? – You schmuck! You bastard! | – 露西? – 你个蠢货!你个杂种! |
[05:45] | I’d like to cut your head off. | 我恨不能把你他妈的头给砍掉! |
[05:47] | You’re upset, right? | 你心烦了,是吗? |
[05:49] | How could you do that? Didn’t you know what would happen? | 你怎么能那么做? 你不知道那会出什么事吗? |
[05:52] | – What are you talking about? – Don’t answer me, prick! | – 你在…你在说什么啊? – 别…回嘴,混蛋! |
[05:56] | You knew! You just didn’t give a shit! | 你心知肚明! 你就是不管别人死活! |
[05:59] | Why don’t you take your coat off and just… | 你看,你先把外套脱了,然后…… |
[06:01] | How could you write that book? | 你怎么能写出那样的书,嗯? |
[06:03] | Are you so selfish… | 你怎么这么自私? |
[06:05] | You’re so self-engrossed you don’t give a shit who you destroy? | 你怎么只考虑你自己, 而根本不顾被你毁了的人? |
[06:07] | – I can tell you’re angry. – You told our whole story! | – 我知道你很生气。 – 你把我们的事和盘托出! |
[06:11] | All the details. You gave me away to my sister! | 所有的细节。 你向我姐姐出卖了我! |
[06:14] | Marvin’s left me. He’s gone. | 马文离开了我,他走了。 |
[06:17] | It was loosely based on us. | 嘿,那只是大致上基于我们的事。 |
[06:19] | Don’t bullshit me, motherfucker! | 别给我胡扯,你个卑鄙小人! |
[06:22] | Who do you think you’re talking to, | 你以为你是在跟谁说话? |
[06:24] | one of those retarded talk-show hosts? | 我可不是那些弱智的脱口秀节目主持! |
[06:27] | I lived through it with you. I know how loosely based it is. | 我和你一起亲历了这些,明白吗? 我知道这有多“大致上”。 |
[06:31] | Hey, what are you telling me that your blind grandmother | 嘿,你想说什么啊? 说我们正在搞的时候被你… |
[06:34] | caught us fucking one day? | …眼瞎的奶奶撞上了这事? |
[06:36] | Never! | 根本没写! |
[06:37] | No, No. Of course. You made a few stupid exaggerations, | 不,不,当然没写。 你做了一些愚蠢的夸张, |
[06:41] | or, as the critics say, “inspired comic flights.” | 或像评论家说的那样: “天马行空般的喜剧灵感”。 |
[06:44] | But Jane recognized it. You’d have to be sub-mental not to. | 可是珍妮认出来了。 只有傻子才会认不出来。 |
[06:48] | And Marvin was crushed! | 马文崩溃了,彻底崩溃! |
[06:50] | Jane suspected us. I can’t tell you how long Jane suspected us. | 珍妮早就怀疑我们了, 我都不知道她怀疑我们有多久了。 |
[06:53] | I know! And I denied it! | 我知道,我知道!可我一直否认! |
[06:55] | And now you’ve gone… | 可现在你一走了之… |
[06:57] | you’ve gone and confirmed it all for her! | 你一走了之,向她坐实了一切! |
[07:00] | Big fucking deal! You made Leslie shorter! | 真他妈聪明! 你让莱丝丽比我矮! |
[07:03] | Big fucking deal! | 真他妈有才! |
[07:05] | But it’s all here! | 全在这儿写着呢! |
[07:06] | The poor schmuck country doctor, the violinist… | 木头木脑的乡村医生、小提琴手、 |
[07:09] | her younger sister in Connecticut cheating with her husband. | 她在康涅狄格的妹妹 欺骗着她的丈夫。 |
[07:13] | The picture window, for Chrissake! | 透过看得见风景的窗子,天哪! |
[07:16] | Cruel observations about Marvin… | 残忍地看着马文… |
[07:18] | with his barbecue and chef’s hat. | …在那儿烧烤,戴着厨师帽。 |
[07:21] | And of course, Jane, or as you so pathetically… | 当然,还有珍妮, 尽管你可怜地… |
[07:24] | disguise her… | …将她掩饰成… |
[07:26] | Janet. | …珍妮特。 |
[07:28] | Here it is: | 听听这段: |
[07:31] | “It was not simply that Leslie had become numbed… | “这并非只是因为莱丝丽已经 对马文那空洞无物的… |
[07:34] | “with the inane spate of leaden perceptions… | “…滔滔不绝越来越感到麻木, 而他却自以为… |
[07:36] | “that passed for wit from Marvin. | “…他那愚钝的见识是某种智慧。 |
[07:38] | “It was not even the image she shared with Ken… | “甚至也不是因为 她向肯恶毒地描述起… |
[07:41] | “of Marvin’s flaccid, microscopic member… | “…马文那软塌塌的‘牙签’上下翻飞, |
[07:45] | “jiggling up and down as he bounced naked… | “当他裸着身子踮着脚尖,一蹦一跳… |
[07:48] | “across the icy floor of their Connecticut home… | “…穿过他们康涅狄格家中 没有铺地毯的冰冷的地板, |
[07:50] | “to close the storm windows. | “去关外层护窗。 |
[07:52] | “It was that she had never loved him, | “真正的原因是她从没爱过他。 |
[07:55] | “but wanted to have children to retaliate against her older sister, | “她只是想通过生孩子 来报复她的老姐姐, |
[08:00] | “who did not have a maternal bone in her being, and whose every inch, Leslie felt, | “因为莱丝丽觉得,她姐姐的体内 根本没有母性,有的只是… |
[08:04] | “was occupied by gluttonous self-love. | …浑身上下所散发出的贪婪的自恋。 |
[08:06] | “Ken ran his hand over Leslie’s large round breasts, and mounted her from the rear.” | “肯用手揽住莱丝丽的一对 又圆又大的乳房,从后面上她。” |
[08:11] | Big fucking deal! | 噢,真他妈有才! |
[08:12] | – You gave her large breasts! – Leslie, please… | – 你给她安了一对豪乳! – 莱丝丽,拜托…… |
[08:14] | Lucy! | 露西! |
[08:16] | I’m Lucy, motherfucker! | 我叫露西,你个卑鄙小人! |
[08:20] | Not Leslie! | 我不叫莱丝丽! |
[08:24] | Except of course, I am Leslie… | 当然,我的确就是莱丝丽, |
[08:26] | because you made no attempt to disguise anything. You didn’t give a fuck! | 因为你根本就没想要掩饰什么。 你他妈的一点也不在乎! |
[08:30] | You didn’t care enough to disguise anything! | 你根本不在乎要不要掩饰! |
[08:33] | Please! Jesus! | 拜托!天哪! |
[08:34] | You pulled out two years ago. You broke my fuckin’ heart. | 两年前,你转身离去, 你他妈的伤透了我的心。 |
[08:37] | You left your wife and me… | 你离开了你妻子,还有我! |
[08:40] | for some little cooze! | 为某个浅薄的小荡妇! |
[08:42] | Me and Janet! | 离开我和珍妮特! |
[08:44] | Jane. Janet is the character in the book. | 是珍妮。珍妮特是书中的人物。 |
[08:47] | Now… | 如今, |
[08:49] | two years on, | 两年过去了, |
[08:50] | your latest magnum opus… | 你最新的煌煌巨著… |
[08:52] | emerges from this sewer of an apartment… | …却从这间公寓的下水道里冒了出来, |
[08:56] | where you take everyone’s suffering and turn it into gold. | 在这里,你把我们 每个人的痛苦变成了金子, |
[08:59] | Literary gold. | 实实在在的金子。 |
[09:01] | Everyone’s misery. You even cause them misery. | 人人都痛苦不堪。 你是有意使我们痛苦, |
[09:04] | Mix your alchemy… | 然后利用你那该死的炼金术, |
[09:05] | and make it into gold, like some fuckin’ black magician! | 将它们变成了金子, 就他妈像个邪恶的巫师那样! |
[09:09] | Give me a break! I’m the one who wound up in Bellevue. | 嘿,你饶了我吧! 是我不得不躲到贝尔维尤去的好吧。 |
[09:12] | – You deserve it and worse. – Lucy! | – 你自做自受,罪有应得。 – 露西!简直疯了…… |
[09:14] | You’ve ruined my life! I’ve come here to blow my brains out! | 你毁了我的生活! 我来这里就是为了一枪爆头! |
[09:16] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么回事啊? |
[09:17] | In front of you… In front of you on your carpet, | 在你面前…就在你面前, 在你的地毯上面, |
[09:20] | because you caused it. My fuckin’ brains on your carpet! | 因为这都是你引起的。 我他妈的脑浆涂满你的地毯! |
[09:23] | You’re so fucking unstable! | 你太他妈的情绪不稳了! |
[09:24] | Will you relax? | 你能不能放松一下先? |
[09:26] | That’s why you picked me. That’s what turns you on about me–Jane’s crazy sister. | 你看上我的不就是这个吗?这不是我 使你兴奋的原因吗――珍妮那疯狂的妹妹? |
[09:30] | – Calm down. You’re not gonna kill yourself. – No? | – 冷静一下吧,你不会自杀的。 – 不会吗? |
[09:33] | No. you’re not, because it’s not in you. | 是的,你不会,因为你没有自杀因子。 |
[09:35] | You’re not the dramatic type. You never were. | 你不是那么戏剧化类型的人, 从来都不是。 |
[09:38] | Jane is the dramatic sister. Jane is the solo violinist. | 珍妮才是你们姐妹中比较戏剧化的那个, 珍妮是独奏提琴手。 |
[09:43] | Relax, for Christ’s sake! | 放松一点,看在老天的份上! |
[09:47] | You’re right. | 你说得对, |
[09:51] | I don’t have the nerve to kill myself. | 我没有勇气杀了自己。 |
[09:55] | I knew it as I came over here. | 你知道,我来的时候我就知道。 |
[09:59] | I said no, | 我说不, |
[10:01] | not me. | 不该是我。 |
[10:05] | Better to kill him. | 最好还是把他杀了。 |
[10:09] | Pardon me? | 你说什么? |
[10:11] | Kill the black magician, | 杀了那个邪恶的巫师, |
[10:13] | so he can’t spin any more gold out of human misery. | 这样他就不会再去把 人们的痛苦转变成金子了。 |
[10:17] | What’s wrong with you? | 露西,你怎么回事啊? |
[10:18] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[10:19] | – Put it down! – You’re so fuckin’ verbal! | – 把…把枪放下! – 你太他妈巧舌如簧了! |
[10:22] | Who else could have talked me into giving him… | 你甚至在我父亲的葬礼上,说服了我… |
[10:23] | a blow job at my father’s funeral? | …替你“吹喇叭”! |
[10:25] | Lucy, think it over. | 露西,你考虑清楚。 |
[10:30] | You stop right there! | 你给我站住! |
[10:32] | Don’t shoot! Don’t pull the trigger! | 不!别开枪!别扣扳机! |
[10:34] | Look, if it makes you happy, my life has been going badly. | 听着,要是你觉得那样能好过一点的话, 我可以告诉你,我的生活正变得一团糟。 |
[10:37] | I’ve been miserable. My girl left me. She went off with a close friend of mine. | 我最近惨透了――我女朋友离开了我, 跟我的一个好朋友跑了。事事不…… |
[10:41] | Insomnia. I’ve got herpes. | …失眠症,我长了疱疹。 |
[10:43] | I’ve squandered everything I have on shrinks… | …把我挣的每个子儿 都浪费在了心理医生、 |
[10:45] | and lawyers and whores. | 律师和妓女身上。 |
[10:47] | …fatigue syndrome. | …得了疲劳综合症。 |
[10:48] | I’m not gonna stand up here on this fucking roof… | 听着,我不会站在这该死的屋顶上, |
[10:52] | with a world-class meshugana cunt and beg for my life. | 向个…世界级的傻逼乞求饶命的。 |
[10:55] | If you want, shoot me! I was working. You interrupted. | 如果你想开枪打我,你就打好了! 我正在工作,你就闯进来打断了我…… |
[10:58] | – So whose life were you exploiting today? – You’ll be very happy. | – 那么今天你又在糟践谁的生活呢? – 没有…你听了会很高兴…… |
[11:02] | It was re-writing. | …正在改写。 |
[11:03] | I was working on an autobiographical thing about when I was first married. | 我正在就我自传里的一部分内容 进行再创作,有关我第一段婚姻的。 |
[11:08] | Harvey Stern married too young… | 哈维・斯特恩年纪轻轻就结了婚, |
[11:10] | mainly to get out of his parents’ apartment, which was a rent-controlled cornucopia… | 主要是为了逃离他父母的住所, 在那里,他得按期付租, |
[11:14] | of guilt, antagonism, and soul-deadening criticism. | 那是个充斥着负疚、对抗、 和骂得你身心俱惫的地方。 |
[11:18] | By day, he labored listlessly in a shoe store. | 白天,他在一家鞋店 无精打采地干着活; |
[11:20] | By night, he glowed intensely over his Remington portable. | 而到了夜晚,他则在他的“雷明顿”牌 便携式打字机前精神抖擞。 |
[11:25] | Are you coming to bed? | 你想不想上床啊? |
[11:27] | Rosalie, I’m in the middle of a sentence… | 罗莎莉,我正在构思一个句子, |
[11:30] | – I lost my thread. – I’m feeling rejected… | – 现在我的思路被你打断了。 – 我觉得受到了冷落, |
[11:32] | because we never sleep together anymore. | 因为我们再也不睡在一起了。 |
[11:34] | I don’t know what it is. I’m just not attracted to her. | 我也不知道怎么回事, 我就是对她提不起兴趣。 |
[11:37] | – Is she doing something to put you off? – It’s my fault, too. | – 是不是她做了什么事使你对她不再感兴趣了? – 你知道,我也有不对的地方。 |
[11:41] | And I lie. I tell her I’m too wrapped up in work… | 我对她撒谎了,我对她说 我太专注于我的工作了。 |
[11:44] | but the opposite is true. I’m hyper- sexually aroused, just not for her. | 可事实恰好相反,我现在是 超级的性兴奋,只是不是对她而已。 |
[11:48] | Who for? | 那会对谁? |
[11:49] | Anyone else. | 任何其他女人。 |
[11:50] | She has a sister. I’m dying to fuck her. | 她有个妹妹,我太想搞她了。 |
[11:53] | A doll, thick lips. | 长得像娃娃,嘴唇很厚。 |
[11:55] | Her friend from Columbia. Jennifer? I dream of her. | 还有她哥伦比亚来的朋友, 叫詹妮弗?我做梦都梦到她。 |
[11:58] | I never thought I could care about African history, but she’s spellbinding. | 我从没想过我会对非洲历史感兴趣, 可是她太让我着迷了。 |
[12:01] | The truth is, I never meet or see a woman… | 事实是,每当我碰到或看见一个女人, |
[12:04] | that I don’t wonder what it would be like in bed with her. | 我无不暗自思忖,要是能和她上床 会是什么样的感觉。 |
[12:10] | I met a great hooker! | 我遇见个很棒的鸡! |
[12:13] | A hooker? | 鸡? |
[12:14] | Beautiful. From China. | 很漂亮,中国来的。 |
[12:17] | Unbelievable body. | 身材棒得没话说。 |
[12:19] | Schooled by tradition in the art of pleasing men. | 受过很好的如何取悦男人的 传统技艺的熏陶。 |
[12:23] | It’s 50 clams. | 五十块钱。 |
[12:25] | Wouldn’t you be cheating on your wife? | 你这不是在欺骗你老婆吗? |
[12:27] | No. It’s not cheating. She’s a hooker. | 不,这不叫欺骗。她只是个鸡。 |
[12:30] | It’s not like I’m having a love affair. | 我又没有爱上她。 |
[12:33] | You don’t feel for a professional girl the way you do for your wife. | 你对一个以此为职业的女人的感觉 和对你老婆的感觉是不一样的。 |
[12:37] | She comes over, rubs on her oils… | 她来了之后,给你浑身抹油…… |
[12:39] | Oils? | 抹油? |
[12:41] | Into the sack, she takes you to the moon. | 然后上床,她带你飞上月宫。 |
[12:44] | You lay half a C-note on her, and she’s history. | 你留张半百的钞票给她, 她就成了历史。 |
[12:47] | Where would you do it? | 我不知道…你是在哪儿干的? |
[12:49] | I couldn’t have her come to my apartment. | 我是说,我可不能把她往家里领。 |
[12:51] | Get a hotel room. That’s what I do when the wife’s home. | 找个旅馆房间,我就是这么干的, 我老婆当时在家里。 |
[12:56] | I don’t have that kind of dough. Fifty’s a lot in itself. | 不。你看,我可没这么多钱, 我是说,五十可不是一笔小数目。 |
[13:00] | Maybe a friend will let you use his place. | 也许,你朋友会让你用一下他的地方。 |
[13:03] | Kid, you’re always bitchin’ about your sex life. | 嘿,小子,你不总是抱怨 你的性生活吗? |
[13:06] | I’m trying to help. | 我这是想帮你一把。 |
[13:09] | I tell her you gave me the number? | 我告诉她是你给的我她的号码? |
[13:11] | No, no. Not my name! Don’t use your real name. | 不,不,别提我名字! 别用你的真名。 |
[13:14] | No, of course. Not the real name. | 不,当然不会是真名。 |
[13:16] | Tell you what you do. You borrow a friend’s apartment. You use his name. | 我告诉你怎么做:你借一处 朋友的公寓,你用他的名字。 |
[13:20] | That way, it’ll be on the bell. | 那样的话,就万无一失啦。 |
[13:23] | Now good fortune smiled on Harvey… | 现在好运向哈维露出了微笑, |
[13:25] | as one of his closest friends, Mendel Birnbaum, was hit by a car, | 因为他最好的朋友之一, 孟德尔・勃恩鲍姆,正好被车撞了, |
[13:29] | and lay hovering between life and death at New York hospital, | 正躺在纽约的医院里, 徘徊于生死线上, |
[13:33] | thus freeing up an apartment… | 于是就给哈维腾出了一个极佳的… |
[13:35] | for Harvey’s tryst. | …单身幽会的场所。 |
[13:37] | Donning the other man’s silk robe, | 穿上别人的丝质睡袍, |
[13:39] | Harvey became the swinger Mendel Birnbaum, | 哈维摇身变成了浪荡公子 孟德尔・勃恩鲍姆, |
[13:42] | and waited… | 等着他那… |
[13:44] | his Oriental passport to paradise. | …通往天堂的东方护照。 |
[13:47] | You must be Mendel Birnbaum. | 你一定是孟德尔・勃恩鲍姆吧。 |
[14:09] | Did you enjoy it? | 你还喜欢吗? “孟・勃” |
[14:11] | – Are you kidding? I’ll be right back. – Where you going? | – 你开玩笑?我马上回来。 – 你去哪儿? |
[14:14] | I’m going to check my pants for another 50. | 我去看一下我裤子里 是否还有另外五十块。 |
[14:17] | I’d like to go again. | 我想再来一次。 |
[14:31] | Yes? | 谁啊? |
[14:32] | – Mendel Birnbaum? – Yes. | – 孟德尔・勃恩鲍姆? – 是我。 |
[14:37] | Open. | 开门。 |
[14:39] | Who is it? | 你是哪位? |
[14:45] | Who are you? | 你是谁啊? |
[14:47] | I’ve come for you. | 我是来找你的。 |
[14:49] | – What are you talking about? – I’m Death, | – 你在说什么啊? – 我是死神, |
[14:52] | and your name is on my list. | 你的名字上了我的名册。 |
[14:56] | No, no, no! | 不…不…不! |
[14:56] | Wait a minute. You’ve made a mistake. | 等一分钟,你…你弄错人了。 |
[14:59] | You don’t have a minute. | 你没一分钟时间了。 |
[15:01] | I’m not Mendel Birnb… | 你看,我不是孟德尔・勃恩…… |
[15:02] | Don’t give me that bullshit! | 你少给我扯闲淡! |
[15:05] | Look at your monogram. | 看看你睡袍上的花押字母。 |
[15:07] | Mendel? | 孟德尔? |
[15:08] | Who are you talking to? | 你在跟谁说话哪? |
[15:10] | Stop calling me Mendel! | 别再叫我孟德尔了! |
[15:11] | – Please. I’m just using his pad. – Right! | – 求你了,我只是用了一下他的住处。 – 没错! |
[15:13] | They always have an excuse. | 人人都有理由。 |
[15:16] | Let’s go! | 我们走! |
[15:17] | Move it, you little putz! | 快走,你个小混混! |
[15:21] | I’m standing on the roof, and she’s pointing a gun at me. | 我站在屋顶上, 她拿着枪对着我。 |
[15:23] | We’re out in the cold, and I’m panicked. | 我们站在寒冷的空气中, 我惊慌失措。 |
[15:26] | I’m telling her about a story I wrote when I was younger, | 我向她讲述我写的一个 关于我年轻时候的短篇故事, |
[15:29] | and she found it funny, thank God. | 她觉得非常有趣,感谢上帝。 她开始,你知道…… |
[15:32] | She laughed, and she relaxed a little. She put the gun down. And you know. | 她笑了出来,放松了一点, 她把枪放了下来。你知道,可是…… |
[15:36] | So your writing saved your life. | 这么说你写的东西救了你一命。 |
[15:38] | It’s amazing to me, you know? | 这在我看来太不可思议了,你知道? |
[15:41] | The interesting thing to me, apart from the obvious sexual guilt… | 你知道,对我来说这太滑稽了, 除了我年轻的时候会明显感到… |
[15:46] | that I had when I was a young man in the story, | …性方面的罪恶感以外, 就像故事里的那个年轻人那样, |
[15:48] | is that nothing’s changed. | 我几乎什么都没变。 |
[15:50] | It’s years later. | 你知道,我…那么多年过去了。 |
[15:52] | I had a shrink then, I have a shrink now. | 我看了一个又一个心理医生, |
[15:54] | I’m six shrinks later. | 我之后换了有六个心理医生, |
[15:56] | I’m three wives down the line. | 一溜下来,我换了三个妻子。 |
[15:58] | And I still can’t get my love life in order. | 你知道,我仍然无法处理好 我的爱情生活。 |
[16:01] | I still love whores. | 我…我仍然喜欢找妓女。 你知道,我…我…… |
[16:05] | To me, the ideal thing is you pay them, and they come over to the house, | 最令我感到惬意的是, 你付钱给她们,她们来到你房子里, |
[16:09] | and you don’t have to discuss Proust or films or… | 你不必和她们探讨 普鲁斯特或电影或…… |
[16:13] | I don’t know what’s been happening to me. | 我不知道我这是怎么了。 你知道,我…… |
[16:18] | You know, I just have not grown up, and I feel, you know, it’s not… | 你知道,我就像没有长大一样。 我觉得,你知道,这不对劲…… |
[16:24] | I see other guys my age. | 我也看了一下其他人到我这把年龄。 |
[16:26] | I’m always thinking of fucking every woman I meet. | 我是说,我总是想着要去 干我遇到的每一个女人。 |
[16:28] | I meet a woman in the bank, or a stranger, | 不管我遇到哪样的女人, 在银行里,一个陌生的女人, |
[16:30] | or a woman on the bus. | 或在巴士上看见个女人, |
[16:31] | I think, what would she look like naked? Is it possible I can fuck her? | 我就会想:嗯,她脱光了会是什么样子? 有没有可能我可以干她? |
[16:35] | This is crazy. | 你知道,这太疯狂了。 |
[16:36] | I see guys I know that are lawyers and doctors. | 我…我认识的人里面 都是些律师啊,医生啊。 |
[16:40] | They have families and houses. | 他们有家庭,有房子。 |
[16:42] | They’re not so… | 他们可没这么…你知道。 |
[16:43] | Does the President of the United States want to fuck every woman he met? | 美国总统也会想着 要去干他遇见的每一个女人吗? |
[16:48] | Bad example. | 这个例子不妥,你知道。 不过…… |
[16:51] | But I don’t know. | 我…我不知道。 |
[16:52] | Take Raoul Wallenberg. | 那拿拉乌尔・瓦伦伯格来说吧, 【瑞典商人和外交官,拯救了数万匈牙利犹太人】 |
[16:54] | Did he want to bang every cocktail waitress in Europe? | 他会想着要把欧洲的每一个 鸡尾酒女招待都日个遍吗? |
[16:57] | Probably not, but… | 我想不会,可是…… |
[16:58] | Tell me about your honoring ceremony tomorrow. | 跟我说说明天的 授予你荣誉学位仪式的事。 |
[17:01] | Oh, that’s bullshit. | 噢,那…那纯属扯淡。你知道…… |
[17:04] | It’s ironic that the same school that threw me out years ago… | 好笑的是就是那所学校, 在多年以前把我赶了出来, |
[17:06] | now wants to honor me. | 现在却想给我荣誉学位。 |
[17:08] | Why’d they throw you out? | 他们为什么要赶你出来? |
[17:10] | Because I was not interested in college. | 赶我出来,因为我…我没兴趣念大学。 |
[17:13] | I wanted to be a writer. That’s all I cared about was writing. | 你知道,我一心想成为作家, 我唯一关心的就是写作。 |
[17:16] | I did not care about the real world. | 我不关心现实的世界, |
[17:18] | I cared only about the world of fiction. | 我只关心虚构的世界。 |
[17:21] | And, plus, I tried to give… | 另外,我还试图给… |
[17:23] | the dean’s wife an enema. So they didn’t take kindly to that. | …院长夫人灌肠。 所以他们对此很不待见。 |
[17:27] | But the sad thing is… | 可是,你知道,让我难过的是… |
[17:29] | I gotta drive way upstate to be honored, | …我得驱车一路向北, 去接受荣誉学位, |
[17:32] | and I have to go by myself. I got nobody to go with. | 我得独自一人去, 你知道,没人陪我一起去。 |
[17:35] | It’s, you know, I… OK, so… And… You know, I can’t… | 这…你知道,我…好吧,所以…… 唔…你知道,我不能…… |
[17:41] | What about bringing your son up with you? | 那么你带上你儿子, 和你一起去怎么样? |
[17:43] | I can’t. It’s not my visiting time with him. | 我办不到,你知道, 现在还不到我探访他的时间。 |
[17:45] | Joan is completely inflexible, so… | 琼一点也不能通融,所以…… |
[17:47] | She won’t trade dates with you? | 你是说她不愿为你改变日期? |
[17:50] | I can’t even get her on the phone. | 咳,她甚至连我的电话都不愿接。 |
[17:52] | She hates me, and… | 你知道,她恨我…… |
[17:54] | I don’t know. Lately… | 我不知道。最近…… |
[17:55] | For the first time in my life, I experienced writer’s block. | 这是我一生当中第一次, 我感受到了作家的才思阻断。 |
[17:59] | Now this, to me, is unheard of. | 这对我来说,是前所未有的。 |
[18:01] | I start these short stories and I can’t finish them. | 我给几个短篇起了个头, 但是却不能完成它们。 |
[18:05] | I can’t get into my novel at all, | 我一点也无法沉下心来写我的长篇, |
[18:07] | because I took an advance. | 因为我已经拿了预付金。 |
[18:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[18:13] | I find that I’m taking more pills and medicine and… | 我发现自己现在吃的药片越来越多, 用的药越来越厉害…… |
[18:17] | You remind me of that short story you were working on, | 你知道,你让我想起了 你写的那个短篇小说, |
[18:20] | maybe two months ago– | 也许两个月以前吧―― |
[18:22] | “The Actor”. | 《演员》。 |
[18:24] | This goddamn lens has something wrong with it. | 这该死的镜头好像不怎么对劲。 |
[18:26] | This one, too? I changed lenses. | 这个也不对吗?我已经换过镜头了。 |
[18:27] | What do you mean? The focus is off. | 你什么意思?根本聚不了焦。 |
[18:30] | – I don’t know why it’s a problem. – The center’s out of focus. | – 我也不知道问题出在哪里了。 – 你看看中心,中心聚不了焦。 |
[18:33] | I checked all the lenses, they can’t be soft. | 我检查了所有的镜头, 不可能模糊的。 |
[18:35] | Let’s move it along. It’s getting late. Let’s move it. | 快点,伙计们,我们得加把劲了。 天有点晚了,我们得快点。 |
[18:37] | I’m tryin’ to shoot Mel, and he’s soft. | 我正要拍梅尔在长椅上的戏, 可是他模模糊糊的。 |
[18:40] | What? | 什么? |
[18:40] | – Where are you renting these lenses? – The lenses are fine. | – 你他妈的从哪儿租的这些镜头? – 镜头没有问题。 |
[18:45] | – Holy shit, Mel’s out of focus! – That’s what I said, genius. | – 老天,梅尔怎么这么模糊! – 我说得不错吧,天才。他聚不了焦。 |
[18:48] | No, I don’t mean the lens. I mean Mel himself. | 不,不,我不是说镜头, 我是说梅尔本人。 |
[18:50] | Let me see! Get the hell out. | 让我瞧瞧!你他妈让开一下! |
[18:51] | I don’t believe it. You’re right. Mel’s out of focus. | 难以置信,你说得没错。 梅尔变模糊了。 |
[18:54] | What are you talking about? | 什么?你他妈在说什么啊? |
[18:55] | I said the actor’s out of focus. | 我是说那演员变模糊了。 |
[18:57] | How can this be? | 什么?这怎么可能? |
[18:59] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗? |
[19:00] | – Mel, come here. – What? | – 梅尔,到这边来。 – 什么? |
[19:02] | I don’t know how to tell you this, | 我不知道怎么跟你说这事儿, |
[19:04] | but you’re soft. | 可是…呃…你变模糊了。 |
[19:06] | I’ve gained a little weight. | 我长了点体重。 |
[19:07] | It’s not that. You’re soft. | 不…不,不是因为这个。 你…你变得模棱两可了。 |
[19:10] | You’re out of focus. | 你…你聚不了焦了。 |
[19:12] | I don’t know why. Is there anything we can do? | 我不知道什么原因。 我们能做什么呢? |
[19:14] | I can’t adjust this. | 我调节不了这个。 |
[19:16] | Look at yourself. | 你看看你自己,看一下你自己。 |
[19:18] | There’s nothing to do. | 没什么办法了。 |
[19:20] | You sure you’re okay? | 你肯定…你肯定你没事吗? |
[19:22] | It’s fuzzy. | 很模糊。像是…… |
[19:23] | – All right, look… – I feel fine. | – 好吧,你听着…… – 我感觉还好。 |
[19:26] | Mel’s out of focus. | 梅尔对不了焦了。 |
[19:27] | He’s soft. | 他模模糊糊的。 |
[19:29] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办了。 |
[19:30] | It’s almost 4:00 anyway. Why don’t we just wrap? | 反正已经快四点了, 为什么我们不干脆收工算了? |
[19:33] | We’ll wrap and we’ll see what happens. | 我们收工,然后看看梅尔究竟怎么了。 |
[19:36] | Now look. I want you to go home. | 好了,听着,我希望你现在就回家, |
[19:38] | And I want you to rest. | 我希望你回去休息,好好休息一下。 |
[19:41] | And see if you can sharpen up. | 然后看看你能不能清晰起来。 |
[19:48] | Grace, I’m home. | 格蕾丝,我回家了。 |
[19:50] | Hi, honey. | 嗨,亲爱的。 |
[19:52] | Hey, what’s the matter? You look strange. | 嘿,怎么回事? 你看上去好奇怪。 |
[19:56] | I’m out of focus. | 我变模糊了。 |
[19:58] | Yeah… | 是啊…… |
[19:59] | You are. Just a little bit. | 是的,你是有点模模糊糊的。 |
[20:01] | And you look pale. | 而且你脸色有点苍白。 |
[20:03] | Daddy, you’re all blurry! | 爸爸,你怎么一点也不清楚啊! |
[20:05] | Maybe you should lie down. | 也许…也许你应该进去躺下。 |
[20:07] | – I’ll bring tea and toast? – Daddy’s out of focus! | – 我会给你拿点茶水和吐司进去? – 爸爸模糊不清了! |
[20:09] | Daddy doesn’t need that, okay? | 爸爸不喜欢你这样,知道吗? |
[20:11] | Come on now, you be nice! | 别这样,你要乖点! |
[20:13] | What happened at work today? | 今天工作中出什么事了? |
[20:14] | – First they thought it was the camera… – Daddy’s out of focus! | – 一开始他们以为是摄影机…… – 爸爸模糊不清了! |
[20:16] | Reuben! Stop it! | 鲁本!别唱了! |
[20:19] | They thought it was the camera. Then…it was me! | 他们以为是摄影机的关系, 后来才发现是…因为我! |
[20:21] | – Really? – They sent me home. It’s so humiliating. | – 真的啊? – 是的,他们让我回家。简直太丢人了。 |
[20:24] | Did you eat anything strange at lunch? Any shellfish? | 你中饭没吃什么奇怪的东西吗? 海鲜什么的? |
[20:27] | No. This isn’t an allergic reaction. I don’t know what it is. | 没有。这不是什么过敏反应。 我也不知道这怎么回事。 |
[20:29] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[20:30] | I just need to get a good night’s sleep. I’ll be okey. | 我只需要躺下好好地 睡一个晚上,起来就好了。 |
[20:33] | – I’m sure that’s all it is. – What happened to you? | – 我肯定也是这么回事。 – 你到底怎么啦? |
[20:36] | You get a good night’s sleep, turn in early, | 你知道,你好好睡个晚上, 早点上床, |
[20:38] | and tomorrow you’ll be fine. | 明天你就没事了。 |
[20:40] | The following morning, however, things did not improve. | 可是第二天早上, 事情并没有好转。 |
[20:44] | In fact, the situation had gotten worse. | 事实上,情况变得愈发糟糕了。 |
[20:46] | Mel was more out of focus than ever. | 梅尔比前一天更加模糊不清。 |
[20:49] | I gotta get to the doctor. | 我得去看一下医生了。 |
[20:52] | I’ve never seen anything like this. | 我还从来没碰到过这样的事。 |
[20:54] | Nothing is wrong with you, except you’re out of focus. | 除了模糊不清, 你身体没什么毛病。 |
[20:58] | What’s the matter? | 你怎么啦? |
[20:59] | It’s from looking at Mel. I’m a little seasick. | 因为看梅尔久了, 我有点晕船的感觉。 |
[21:02] | That’s why I want everyone to try these. | 所以我才要你们每个人都试一下这个。 |
[21:06] | – I don’t want to wear glasses. – Wait, let’s see. | – 我可不想戴眼镜。 – 等等,试一下看看。 |
[21:08] | I don’t want glasses. | 我不想戴眼镜。 |
[21:10] | – Put ’em on so you can see me, son. – This is much better! | – 把它戴上,这样你就可以看清我了,儿子。 – 这样好多了! |
[21:12] | – I look stupid with these on. – You’ll be able to see me. Put ’em on. | – 我戴着这个样子好傻。 – 你就可以看清我了,快戴上。 |
[21:15] | – Put those on. Daddy’ll be much sharper. – Don’t you want to see Daddy? | – 把眼镜戴上,你爸爸清楚多了。 – 你想看清爸爸吗? |
[21:19] | Put those on and we won’t get headaches. | 把眼镜戴上我们就不会头疼了。 |
[21:22] | Despite the fact that children don’t want to wear glasses, | 这么说,尽管孩子们不想戴眼镜, |
[21:25] | they’re forced to. | 但还是被强迫着戴上了。 |
[21:28] | You expect the world to adjust… | 你指望外部世界由于你… |
[21:30] | to the distortion you’ve become. | …所产生的变形而做出调整。 |
[21:32] | I don’t expect anything. | 嘿,我可没指望什么。我…我…… |
[21:35] | I’m going through something. I don’t know what. | 你知道,我现阶段正经历着什么。 我不知道这是怎么啦。 |
[21:37] | For the first time in my life I can’t seem to write. | 我所知道的是,我生平第一次感到, 我好像不会写作了。 |
[21:40] | It’s not coming. And for me… | 灵感不再涌现。 对我来说,你知道, |
[21:44] | all I have in life is my imagination. | 我生命中最重要的东西就是我的想象力。 |
[21:47] | I’m sorry. Our time is up. | 对不起,我们的时间到了。 |
[21:48] | Have a good time at the honoring ceremony. | 祝你明天在你的荣誉仪式上过得愉快。 |
[21:51] | I think it would be good for you and your son, if you brought him along. | 我真的认为,要是你能带上 你儿子的话,对你和他都很有好处。 |
[21:57] | Joan! Joan! | 琼!琼! |
[21:58] | – Joan, you never return my phone calls. – Oh, leave me alone! | – 琼,你从不给我回电话。 – 噢,别来烦我! |
[22:00] | – How do I reach you? – Do you want me to call the police? | – 我怎么才能联系上你呢? – 你想让我喊警察吗? |
[22:02] | I’ve got to ask you one question. | 我有件事想和你商量一下。 |
[22:04] | – Will you stop? – No. I don’t want to listen to you. | – 你能不能停一下?我想和你商量一下。 – 不,我不想听你说。 |
[22:06] | Tomorrow they’re honoring me at Adair, my old university. I want to take Hilly. | 明天他们要授予我名誉学位,在阿黛尔, 我以前的大学。我想带希利一起去。 |
[22:11] | – He has school tomorrow. – I want to trade one visitation day. | – 不行,他明天要上学。 – 我想交换一天我的探望日。 |
[22:13] | – No! I have plans with him. – I trade one day! | – 不行!我已经给他安排好计划了。 – 就换一天! |
[22:15] | It’ll be good to see. The kid will see his father honored. | 让他看看很有好处, 让孩子看他父亲获得荣誉,这很好。 |
[22:17] | I don’t want him to see you. I don’t want him to see you ever! | 我不想让他见到你, 我希望你这辈子再也见不到他! |
[22:20] | He’ll have a day in the country. Will you stop for one second? | 他就在乡下过上一天。 你能不能先停一下? |
[22:23] | A day in the country. What is so bad? | 孩子在乡下呆上一天, 这有什么不好? |
[22:26] | He is nine years old. | 他才九岁。 |
[22:27] | Where does he learn phrases like “banging beaver” and “fuck God?” | 他从哪儿学的这些话的? “日他娘的”、“操他妈上帝”? |
[22:31] | What are you saying? From me? | 你什么意思?跟我学的? |
[22:32] | What do I look like, an imbecile? | 你把我当什么人了?一个弱智? |
[22:34] | I know what your conversations are like with him, | 我知道你和他谈话 谈的都是些什么, |
[22:36] | and don’t think I didn’t hear about Open School Week. | 别以为我没听说 在“校园开放周”的事。 |
[22:38] | Beth Kramer has never been so appalled in her entire life! | 贝丝・克雷默一辈子 都没感到这么震惊过! |
[22:41] | Dad? | 爸? |
[22:42] | Why doesn’t my penis look like yours? | 为什么我的阴茎看上去和你的不一样? |
[22:44] | Why doesn’t your penis look like mine? | 为什么你的阴茎看上去和我的不一样? |
[22:47] | Because your mother and I… | 因为你妈和我… |
[22:49] | never had you circumcised. | …没有让你割包皮。 |
[22:51] | When I was your age, every kid in my neighborhood, you know what they used to do? | 当我在你这么大的时候,我周围的 每个男孩,你知道他们通常怎么做吗? |
[22:54] | They used to name their penises. | 他们通常给自己的阴茎取名字。 |
[22:56] | I’m going to name mine Dillinger. | 我要给我的取名叫“狄林杰”。 【上世纪初的银行劫匪,人称“头号公敌”】 |
[22:58] | Dillinger is perfect! Dillinger is great! | 狄林杰很贴切!狄林杰很棒! |
[23:01] | Hilly, you’re inspired. You’re a genius. | 希利,你真有灵感,你是个天才。 |
[23:03] | Dillinger was one of the great geniuses of his profession, | 狄林杰是他选择的 那个行当里的伟大天才之一, |
[23:07] | like Willie Sutton. | 还有威利・萨顿。 |
[23:08] | Remember when we discussed Freud once? | 还记得我们谈到过弗洛伊德吗? |
[23:10] | Freud said the two most important things to having a good life… | 弗洛伊德说,你要过上好的生活, 最重要的两件事情是… |
[23:14] | are the work that you choose and sex. | …你选择的工作和性爱。 |
[23:17] | Those are the two things. | 就这两件事情。 |
[23:18] | Women… | 女人… |
[23:19] | are God. | …是上帝。 |
[23:21] | God’s a woman? | 上帝是女人? |
[23:22] | No. I’m not saying God’s a woman. | 不,我没说上帝是女人。 |
[23:24] | There are women. We don’t know if there’s a God, | 这么跟你说吧,世上存在女人。 我们不知道是否存在上帝, |
[23:27] | but there are women. | 但是存在女人。 |
[23:28] | Not in some imaginary heaven, but right here on earth. | 你知道,不是存在于某个虚幻的天堂中, 而是就在这里,在地球上。 |
[23:31] | And some of them, Hilly, some of them… | 她们中的有一些,希利, 她们中的有一些… |
[23:33] | shop at Victoria’s Secret. | …就在“维多利亚的秘密”的商店里。 |
[23:36] | Beth Kramer has never been so mortified in her entire life. | 贝丝・克雷默这一辈子 从没感到过如此难堪和愤怒。 |
[23:40] | Beth Kramer’s an aggressive, tight-assed, busybody cunt, | 贝丝・克雷默是个咄咄逼人的、 假装正经的、好管闲事的烂逼。 |
[23:43] | and it’s none of her business how I speak to my son. | 我和我儿子说什么话, 关她他妈的屁事啊! |
[23:46] | Beth Kramer is a decent parent and a great friend. | 贝丝・克雷默是个 值得尊敬的母亲,是个很好的朋友。 |
[23:49] | Oh, Bullshit! I’m asking you to change one visitation day. | 噢,别扯了!听着,我想请你 换一天我的探望日。 |
[23:52] | What is so terrible? | 有这么可怕吗? |
[23:54] | No! He is not gonna miss a day of school! | 我不想换! 我不想让他失一天学! |
[23:56] | What if he was sick? he would miss school! | 要是他病了怎么办? 要是希利病了,他还不是不去学校。 |
[23:59] | Yes, he would. But he’s not sick… | 是的,要是他病了,他可以不去学校。 但是他没有病, |
[24:01] | and he’s not gonna spend the afternoon with his pill-popping, | 他不会花一个下午, 和他那个药片吞个不停、 |
[24:05] | alcoholic, | 酒精上瘾、 |
[24:06] | beaver-banging excuse for a father. | 见女人就日的所谓的父亲在一起。 |
[24:09] | Years ago, you didn’t say that about me. You didn’t think that. | 你看,几年前,你可不是这么说我的, 你可不是这么认为的。 |
[24:12] | – You were a nice, loose, easygoing spirit. – Put it in a book! | – 你那时人很好,很放松,脾气随和。 – 你往书里写好了! |
[24:15] | What am I saying? | 你以为我不知道? |
[24:16] | You already did! | 你不早已经写了吗! |
[24:19] | Epstein had married his third shrink. | 爱波斯坦和他的第三个心理医生结了婚。 |
[24:21] | He had confessed his feelings toward her several times, | 他向她表白过几次他对她的感情, |
[24:24] | and it seemed she had put it down to transference. | 但是她似乎将它归之于移情作用。 |
[24:26] | But one day, she surprised him. | 然而有一天,她让他大吃一惊。 |
[24:29] | I think it best… | 我想我们最好… |
[24:31] | that we terminate your treatment. | …终止对你的治疗。 |
[24:34] | And then, I think we should… | 然后,我想我们应该… |
[24:36] | give it a substantial period of time. | …给我们俩以充分的时间考虑一下。 |
[24:39] | And then, if we both feel the same way, | 然后,如果我们两个想法一致的话, |
[24:42] | I think we can begin to see each other again… | 我想我们可以再开始公开地… |
[24:45] | socially. | …相互交往。 |
[24:48] | It was, to Epstein’s thinking, | 在爱波斯坦看来, |
[24:50] | a match made in heaven. | 这简直是天作之合。 |
[24:52] | Here, at last, was a woman who understood him. | 现在,终于有了个能理解他的女人。 |
[24:55] | You know all my secrets, | 你了解我所有的秘密, |
[24:57] | every nuance of my psychic life. | 我精神生活的所有细枝末节。 |
[24:59] | There isn’t a feeling or desire that I haven’t admitted to you in therapy. | 在治疗过程中,我向你 袒露了我的一切情感和欲望。 |
[25:03] | Now it’s your turn to explore me. | 现在该轮到你来探索我了。 |
[25:05] | Yeah, but all my perversions, you accept them. | 是啊,我所有的那些怪癖, 你都全盘接受了。 |
[25:08] | My need to be tied up, to watch you with other women, | 我喜欢被人绑起来, 喜欢看你和另一个女人在一起, |
[25:10] | to feel your spike heels in my mouth. | 喜欢你尖尖的鞋后跟放在我嘴里的感觉。 |
[25:13] | No one can say that I didn’t know what I was letting… | 我对自己的所作所为 以及所产生的后果… |
[25:16] | myself in for. | …非常清楚。 |
[25:19] | The first two years were amazing. | 他们生活的头两年非常美妙。 |
[25:21] | They moved into a large Westend Avenue apartment. | 他们搬进位于西区大街的一套大公寓里。 |
[25:24] | He wrote. She saw patients. | 他写作,她看病。 |
[25:26] | But her clearest insights were into his work. | 而她最为敏锐的见解, 都是关于他的作品的。 |
[25:29] | What one comes away with is your total isolation, | 人们所获得的印象是, 你完全遗世独立, |
[25:32] | your fear of people, your panic over closeness. | 你害怕人群,你对自闭诚惶诚恐。 |
[25:36] | And that’s why your real life is so chaotic, | 这就是为什么你的真实生活 会如此的混乱无序, |
[25:39] | and your writing is so much more… | 而你写的东西却如此的… |
[25:41] | controlled and stable. You’re unable to… | …不事张扬和四平八稳。 我是说,你无法…… |
[25:44] | Yes, it all went quite well… | 是的,诸事皆顺, |
[25:45] | until Helen became pregnant and gave birth. | 直到海伦怀上和生下了孩子。 |
[25:48] | From that moment on, as if she had experienced a divine revelation, | 自那一刻起,仿佛是受到了神的启示, |
[25:52] | she suddenly became what Epstein referred to angrily, | 她突然之间就变成了一个 在发火时的爱波斯坦眼里的… |
[25:56] | as “Jewish with a vengeance.” | …“彻头彻尾的犹太人”。 |
[25:58] | I rue the day I listened to you, | 我成天都在懊悔,我不该听你的话, |
[26:00] | and I didn’t have him circumcised. | 没给他施割礼。 |
[26:02] | What are you, nuts? | 你疯了吗? |
[26:04] | We can still do it. | 你看,我们还来得及这么做。 |
[26:05] | No! | 不! |
[26:06] | He’s too old! | 不,他太大了! |
[26:08] | – Sure. Now he’s too old. – What is wrong with you? | – 噢,是啊,是啊。现在他太大了。 – 你怎么回事啊? |
[26:11] | You’re like a born-again Christian except you’re a Jew. | 我的天,你怎么像个再生的基督徒, 除了你是个犹太人。 |
[26:14] | I see my father’s face in Hillel. | 我在希勒尔【古犹太教拉比的名字】 的脸上看到了我父亲的影子。 |
[26:18] | Hilliard. His name is Hilliard. | 希利亚德。他的名字是希利亚德。 |
[26:20] | We didn’t name him Hillel. We didn’t name him after some rabbi. | 我们没给他取名叫希勒尔, 我们没给他以某个拉比的名字命名。 |
[26:24] | It’s Hilliard Epstein. | 他的名字是希利亚德・爱波斯坦。 |
[26:26] | No, I’m sick of your smug cynicism. There’s value in tradition! | 行了,我受够了你的自鸣得意的风凉话。 传统里存在价值! |
[26:29] | I never thought it would mean anything. But now that I’m a mother, it does. | 以前,我从没想过那会有什么价值; 可现在,我成了母亲,发现那很有价值。 |
[26:32] | I see not only meaning in Judaism, but true beauty. | 我在犹太教里不仅看到了意义, 而且发现了真正的美。 |
[26:36] | Helen, you’re a scientist! | 海伦,你是个科学家啊! |
[26:38] | Einstein was a scientist! | 爱因斯坦也是科学家! |
[26:39] | And he was a Jew! And he was religious! | 而且他是犹太人! 而且他有宗教信仰! |
[26:42] | Helen had taken on the obligation of daily prayers. | 海伦担当起了日常祈祷的职责。 |
[26:46] | Jews, of course, fearing a wrathful and vengeful God, | 当然,犹太人出于对一个 怒气冲冲、眦睚必报的上帝的敬畏, |
[26:50] | give praise and thanks for everything. | 他们为每一件事物称颂并感谢上帝。 |
[26:52] | Baruch atah adonai elohenu melech ha-olam… | 赞美您,我们永恒的上帝,万物的主宰, |
[26:56] | borei pree hagofen. | 您创造了葡萄的果实, |
[27:00] | Hamotzi lechem… | 您从大地… |
[27:01] | min ha-oretz. | …赐予了我们面包, |
[27:04] | Vitzi-vonu l’hadlik nair shel shabat. | 您指示我们要点燃安息日的蜡烛。 |
[27:07] | Boreh pree ha…blowjob. | 您发明了…吹喇叭。 |
[27:10] | And one day, the inevitable happened. | 之后终于有一天,该来的还是来了。 |
[27:13] | A patient of Helen’s, an Israeli, | 海伦的一个病人,一个以色列人, |
[27:16] | who had come to her in a depressed state over his wife having left him, | 因妻子弃他而去而陷于抑郁, 过来找她治疗, |
[27:19] | captured Helen’s heart. | 他捕获了海伦的芳心。 |
[27:21] | I think we should terminate your treatment, | 我想我们应该终止对你的治疗, |
[27:24] | and give it a substantial period of time. | 给我们俩以充分的时间考虑一下。 |
[27:27] | And then if we both still feel the same way, | 然后,如果我们两个想法一致的话, |
[27:29] | then I think we could start to see each other… | 我想我们可以再开始公开地… |
[27:31] | socially. | …相互交往。 |
[27:35] | Harry! Harry! | 哈里!哈里! |
[27:39] | – Harry! – Richard! | – 哈里! – 理查德! |
[27:41] | …lost in thought, I think. | …出神了,我想。 |
[27:42] | I was just, I was thinking about a book I wrote. | 我…我正在,你知道, 我正在想我写的一本书。 |
[27:46] | – Well, I’m a mess. – What’s the matter? | – 我现在一团糟。 – 出什么事了? |
[27:48] | I’m on my way to the doctor’s. I’m having severe pains in my chest. | 我这是在去看医生的路上, 我胸口疼得厉害。 |
[27:51] | That’s nothing. | 那…那没事的。 |
[27:53] | That’s indigestion, or gallbladder, or ulcer, acid reflux… | 大不了会是消化不良、或胆囊炎、 或胃溃疡、胃酸反流…… |
[27:56] | I’ve got a family history. My father died of a heart attack, | 我有家族病史―― 我父亲因心脏病猝然去世, |
[27:59] | my mother dropped dead of a massive coronary, | 我母亲死于冠状动脉肿大, |
[28:01] | and both my brothers were dead before 50 from heart failure. | 我的两个哥哥不到50岁, 就死于心脏功能衰竭。 |
[28:05] | I don’t know why you’re wasting time. You should get an ambulance. | 我不明白你为何要浪费时间告诉我。 你应该叫救护车才对啊。 |
[28:08] | Are you busy? | 你有空吗? |
[28:09] | I was going to see my editor. | 我要去见我的编辑。 |
[28:11] | I hate going for these tests alone. | 我讨厌一个人去作这些检查。 |
[28:13] | My mother died giving birth to me, | 我母亲,你知道,是生我的时候死的, |
[28:17] | for which my father never forgave me. | 为此,我父亲一辈子都没原谅我。 |
[28:19] | It’s funny. I wish before he died, I had forgiven him. | 有趣的是,在他去世之前, 我希望当时已经原谅了他。 |
[28:23] | But we’re morbid, ’cause you think you’re dying, but you’re not. | 人人都有病,尽管你以为 你就快死了,但是你并不会死。 |
[28:26] | Today, they got lasers, all kinds of things. | 现在,他们有了激光, 你知道,有各种各样的先进玩意儿。 |
[28:29] | Yeah, you and science, right? | 是啊,你相信科学,对吗? |
[28:31] | There’s nothing wrong with science. | 是的,科学没有什么不好。 |
[28:33] | Between air conditioning and the Pope, I’ll take air conditioning. | 你知道,如果让我在空调和 教皇之间选择,我会选择空调。 |
[28:37] | I’m scared. I’m really scared. | 我很害怕,我真的很害怕。 |
[28:39] | Can we change the subject? You know I have writer’s block? | 我们能换个话题吗?我能换个话题吗? 你知道我遇到了作家的才思阻断吗? |
[28:43] | Yes? | 是吗? |
[28:44] | – I have a writer’s block. – I know. | – 我感到了作家的才思阻断。 – 我理解,我理解。 |
[28:45] | For the first time in my life, | 我平生第一次感到… |
[28:46] | I can’t come up with a meaningful idea, something that holds my interest. | …我无法再获得有意思的构思了, 那是我安身立命的根本。 |
[28:50] | Since Fay left you, you’ve been having trouble. | 噢,我看自从菲伊离开了你, 你就陷入了不少麻烦。 |
[28:52] | I’m seeing Fay later. I’m having a drink with Fay. | 我过会儿要去见菲伊, 我要和菲伊一起喝一杯。 |
[28:54] | I think is very good. | 是吗?我想那太好了。 |
[28:56] | She’s good for you. She’s a lot better than… | 我想她很…很适合你, 她比你认识的… |
[28:59] | a lot of those other crazies that you… | …其他许多神经病要好得多…… |
[29:03] | My God! My arm! | 噢,我的天哪!我的胳膊! |
[29:04] | I’m telling you, it’s nothing. Nothing. | 我跟你说吧,没事的, 什么事都没有。 |
[29:07] | I’m not scared. | 我不为你担心。 |
[29:10] | – You’re in great shape. – Really? | – 你身体很好,没大问题。 – 真的吗? |
[29:12] | You have a little bursitis in your arm, but… | 是的。只是你的胳膊 有点儿滑囊炎,可…… |
[29:15] | – Well, that’s fantastic! – What do I always say? | – 噢,那太好了! – 我经常怎么说来着? |
[29:18] | The most beautiful words in the English language are not “I love you”, | 英语当中最美丽的词汇 不是什么“我爱你”, |
[29:21] | but “It’s benign.” | 而是“那是良性的”。 |
[29:22] | We could do more tests, but I don’t think so. | 你看,我们可以给你做进一步的检查, 不过我认为没那个必要。 |
[29:25] | – This is fantastic. – Your heart’s in great shape. | – 那太好了。 – 你的心脏很健康。 |
[29:27] | While I’m here, I hurt my back a few weeks ago, opening a subzero refrigerator. | 既然我来了这里,几星期前 我在开冰箱冷冻柜时把背弄伤了。 |
[29:31] | – Let me schedule you. – Let me buy you a cup of coffee. | – 我给你安排个时间,行吗? – 我请你喝杯咖啡吧。 |
[29:34] | – No. I don’t have time. – Let me schedule you. | – 不,我没有时间。 – 我给你安排一下。 |
[29:35] | What are you doing tomorrow? | 你明天干什么? |
[29:37] | I’m busy. Why? | 呃…我有事。怎么? |
[29:39] | I’m going to my old university. They’re honoring me. | 因为我要去我以前的大学, 他们要授予我名誉学位。 |
[29:42] | I’m looking for company to come with me. | 我想找个伴儿和我一起去。 |
[29:44] | I don’t think I can get out of this thing, | 我想我现在正因为这个而焦头烂额, |
[29:46] | but that’s great. | 不过那…那太棒了。 |
[29:48] | Congratulations! | 祝贺你啊! |
[30:07] | – So you look great. – Thank you. | – 你看上去很不错。 – 噢,谢谢。 |
[30:09] | You look a little tired. | 你看上去有点疲惫。 |
[30:11] | ‘Cause I’m struggling with this book. | 是的,因为我正为这本书大伤脑筋,你知道。 |
[30:14] | Naturally, I spent the advance already. | 当然,我已经花了预付金。 |
[30:17] | and I’m having a tough… | 我现在正处在困难…呃… |
[30:19] | a tough time. | …困难时期。 |
[30:21] | The reason that I wanted to have this drink was… | 是啊。我想和你一起 喝一杯的原因是由于…… |
[30:23] | Can I get a red wine, | 能不能请给我来杯…呃…红酒? |
[30:25] | exact same thing that she has, please? | 和她喝的一模一样的? |
[30:27] | I wanted to be the first to tell you that… | 我想让你第一个知道… |
[30:29] | I’m getting married. | …我就要结婚了。 |
[30:31] | Oh, don’t say that! | 噢,别这么说! |
[30:33] | – Why? – What do you mean, why? | – 为什么? – 你什么意思,为什么? |
[30:35] | Because… | 因为… |
[30:37] | I love you. How can you get married? | …我爱你。你怎么能结婚呢? |
[30:40] | Oh, don’t! | 噢,别这样! |
[30:41] | – Who? Is it Larry? – Yes, it’s Larry. | – 和谁?是不是拉里? – 是的,是和拉里。 |
[30:43] | I knew that! | 我就知道! |
[30:44] | I don’t fucking believe this! | 我他妈简直难以置信! |
[30:47] | This guy’s allegedly a friend of mine. | 你知道,这家伙自称是我的朋友。 |
[30:50] | It’s the devil. I should never have introduced you. | 这…这…你知道,他是个魔鬼。 我根本不应该介绍你们认识。 |
[30:53] | When Larry’s around, I smell burning sulfur. | 拉里一出场, 我就闻到硫磺燃烧的味道。 |
[30:56] | Can we have your blessing? Can I have it? | 我们能不能得到你的祝福呢? 我能得到吗? |
[30:58] | No! You certainly don’t have my blessing! | 没门!你得不到。 你们当然得不到我的祝福! |
[31:02] | I don’t want you to get married. | 我不想让你结婚。 |
[31:04] | I don’t want you to. | 我不想你这样。 |
[31:06] | I should go. | 我还是走吧。 |
[31:07] | I was your pupil. | 我是你的学生, |
[31:08] | It was Henry Higgins and Eliza Doolittle. | 就像亨利・希金斯和 伊丽莎・杜利特尔【《窈窕淑女》】。 |
[31:11] | That’s what it was, and that’s what you loved. | 这就是我们的关系, 而且你也希望是这样。 |
[31:13] | But it didn’t work that way. What do you want me to say? | 可是结果却不是这样。 我…呃…你让我怎么说呢? |
[31:16] | Why did you fall in love with me? | 你为什么要爱上我啊? |
[31:18] | You gave me those endless lectures on love in the Western world. | 我是说,是你不厌其烦地给我灌输 那些西方世界的爱情观的。 |
[31:22] | I didn’t think I could. I thought I was too damaged. | 我原以为我爱不了你, 我原以为自己已经废掉了。 |
[31:26] | But it’s not… | 你知道,可是,实际上…你知道…… |
[31:28] | I woke up one morning, and I looked at you over breakfast, | 有天早上我醒过来, 我越过早餐望着你, |
[31:32] | and I thought to myself, | 我对自己说: |
[31:34] | “God, this is what they mean. | “天哪,这就是人们所说的, |
[31:36] | “This is what they’re talking about.” | “这就是人们所说的爱啊。” |
[31:38] | All those warnings bout how I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with you! | 是你一直警告我, 让我不要爱上你的啊! |
[31:41] | But then I fell in love with you! | 我知道。可是我爱上你了啊! |
[31:44] | …thought you were another jerk fan… | …以为你也像我其他的愚蠢的粉丝一样, |
[31:46] | that I would fuck you, | 你知道,我可以和你搞一把, |
[31:47] | and move on to the next fan. But it didn’t happen that way. | 然后又继续找下一个崇拜者。 可是结果却出乎了我的预料。 |
[31:51] | You were a fan… | 你看,一开始你是个崇拜者, |
[31:54] | and a follower… | 然后成了我的追随者, |
[31:55] | and then a pupil… | 然后成了我的学生, |
[31:57] | and then you were a roommate. | 最后你就变成了我的同居者。 |
[31:59] | And before I knew it, | 你知道,还没等我反应过来, |
[32:01] | you were the one who had control of the channel changer. | 你就已经把我们的 电视遥控器攥在手里了。 |
[32:08] | Harry, I loved you. | 哈里,我爱过你。 |
[32:11] | I was in awe of you. | 我崇拜过你。 |
[32:13] | But I wasn’t in love with you. | 但是我没有爱上你。 |
[32:17] | …to my old university. They’re honoring me, if you can believe that. | …去我以前的大学,他们要 授我名誉学位,要是你能相信的话。 |
[32:21] | Give me a chance to talk you out of it. | 和我一起去吧。 给我个机会,让我好好说服你。 |
[32:24] | Spend one day with me. | 就和我呆上一天。 |
[32:25] | I’m getting married tomorrow. | 哈里,明天我要结婚了。 |
[32:27] | – Tomorrow you’re getting married? The day… – Yes, Tomorrow. | – 明天你就要结婚啦?就在他们授我…… – 是的,就在明天。 |
[32:31] | I can’t fucking believe this! | 我他妈简直不能相信! |
[32:33] | You’re getting married tomorrow? | 你明天就要结婚啦? |
[32:35] | Yes. It’s been planned for months. | 是的。是的,已经准备了好几个月了。 |
[32:37] | Don’t do it! | 别这么做哪! |
[32:45] | While Goldberg was asleep one night, | 一天夜里,在戈德伯格入睡之后, |
[32:47] | the devil entered his apartment, | 魔鬼闯进了他的房间, |
[32:49] | and abducted his beautiful blond love, | 绑架了他的挚爱,一位金发美女, |
[32:51] | and carried her off to hell. | 并将她带入了地狱。 |
[32:53] | The following morning, | 第二天早晨, |
[32:55] | Goldberg noticed the odd smell of burning sulfur. | 戈德伯格注意到了一股奇怪的 硫磺燃烧的味道。 |
[33:03] | Harry Block? | 哈里・布洛克? |
[33:05] | You’re Cookie? | 你是曲奇? |
[33:07] | Cookie Williams. | 曲奇・威廉斯。 |
[33:08] | – You wanted me here at ten? – Yeah. Jesus. | – 你让我十点到这里的? – 是的,天呐。 |
[33:14] | So… eh… | 那么…呃…… |
[33:16] | You wanna… shall we get to it? | 你想…我们这就开始吗? |
[33:19] | You don’t want to talk a little first? | 你不想先聊上一会儿吗? |
[33:22] | Talk? Why? | 聊天?为什么? |
[33:24] | Really? Most guys don’t like to just jump right into bed… | 真的吗?我是说,大多数人 不喜欢直接就跳上床, |
[33:27] | without a little talking. They think it’s too businesslike. | 而不先小谈片刻。 他们认为那样太例行公事了。 |
[33:30] | Oh, not me. I’m not… | 噢,我不这样。我不是…… |
[33:31] | …that you’d tie me up. | ……你把我绑起来。 |
[33:32] | Whatever you want. Let’s get the monetary part out of the way, and then we can relax. | 你想怎样就怎样。我们先把钱的因素理清了, 然后我们就可以好好放松一下了。 |
[33:36] | Absolutely. | 绝对是,绝对是。 |
[33:37] | – You get 200? – That’s right. | – 你要二百?给你。 – 没错。好的。 |
[33:39] | – So you want me to tie you up? – Yeah, tie me up. | – 这么说你想让我把你绑起来,是吗? – 是的,把我绑起来。 |
[33:43] | I’d like you to hit me little bit, and give me a blowjob. | 我想让你打我那么一下下, 然后给我吹喇叭。 |
[33:46] | A blowjob, then you hit you. | 好的。给你吹喇叭,然后打你。 |
[33:48] | No. | 不,不。 |
[33:49] | Hit me and then the blowjob. | 先打我,然后再吹喇叭。 |
[33:51] | Only get the order right, otherwise, it’s no fun. | 只有把顺序弄对了, 否则的话,就没意思了。 |
[33:53] | Tie me up, hit me, give me a blowjob. | 绑起来、打我、吹喇叭。 |
[33:55] | What do you want me to tie you with? | 你想让我用什么把你绑起来呢? |
[33:57] | Well, truth is, I thought you were gonna wear stockings. | 呃,你知道,实际上, 我以为你会穿上长袜呢。所以…… |
[34:01] | Cookie, you’re a definite artist. | 曲奇,你绝对是个艺术家,绝对的。 |
[34:03] | They should put your lips in the Smithsonian. | 他们应该把你的嘴唇收集到 “史密森学会”的博物馆里。 |
[34:06] | It took you a long time. I didn’t think you’d make it. | 你用了好长时间才来啊, 我以为你来不了了呢。 |
[34:09] | I was having a little problem focusing for a while. | 是啊,我知道。有那么一会儿, 我集中不了精神。 |
[34:11] | Finally, I got the right fantasy. | 最后,我总算找到了正确的幻想。所以…… |
[34:14] | I thought of a woman I saw on Sixth Avenue today, | 我想起了今天我在第六大街 遇到的一个女人, |
[34:16] | and I coupled her with Svetlana Stalin. | 我把她和斯维特兰娜・斯大林 联系了起来, |
[34:19] | It’s the daughter of the dictator. It worked for me. | 就是那个独裁者的女儿, 果然对我管用。 |
[34:22] | What do you take medicine for? | 你为什么要吃那些药? |
[34:25] | Me? Depression. | 我?抑郁。 |
[34:26] | What are you depressed about? | 你抑郁什么呢? |
[34:28] | Depressed. Don’t you ever get depressed? | 抑郁就是抑郁。 你就从来没抑郁过吗? |
[34:31] | Doesn’t your work ever get you down? | 我问你,你的工作从没让你情绪低落过吗? |
[34:33] | It’s okay. Beats the hell out of waitressing. | 还行吧。 比去当女招待他妈强多了。 |
[34:36] | It’s funny. | 你知道,这太滑稽了。 |
[34:37] | Every hooker I ever speak to tells me it beats waitressing. | 我碰到的每一个鸡都告诉我 干这个比去当女招待他妈强多了。 |
[34:41] | Waitressing’s got to be the worst job in the world. | 当女招待一定是这个世界上 最他妈差劲的工作了。 |
[34:43] | It’s unbelievable. | 不可思议。 |
[34:45] | What are you sad about? | 你为什么难过呢? |
[34:47] | I’m spiritually bankrupt. I’m empty. | 我…我精神上破产了, 我空空如也。 |
[34:50] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[34:51] | I’m frightened. | 我…我…我感到恐惧。我…… |
[34:54] | I got no soul. You know what I mean? | 我没有了灵魂。 你明白我的意思吗? |
[34:56] | Let me put it this way. When I was younger, it was less scary… | 这么跟你说吧, 在我年轻的时候,较之于… |
[35:00] | waiting for Lefty than it is waiting for Godot. | …等待戈多,我比较不害怕 等待左派分子。 |
[35:03] | Aw, you lost me. | 噢,你把我搞糊涂了。 |
[35:05] | You know that the universe is coming apart? | 你知道整个宇宙正在分崩离析吗? 你知道,可是…… |
[35:09] | You know what a black hole is? | 你知道什么是黑洞吗? |
[35:10] | Yeah. That’s how I make my living. | 知道,那是我谋生的饭碗。 |
[35:13] | You know, I gotta tell you, Cookie, a great writer named Sophocles… | 你知道,我想告诉你,曲奇, 有个伟大的【古希腊悲剧】作家名叫索福克勒斯, |
[35:17] | said that it was probably best not to be born at all. | 他说,如果人压根不出生,也许是最好的结果 【《俄底浦斯在科洛诺斯》】。 |
[35:20] | Honey, it’s a little too late for that. | 噢,亲爱的,你现在说这个有点儿晚了吧。 |
[35:22] | I fought it. I didn’t want to come out. They had to come in and get me. | 我抗争过,你知道,我不想出来, 是他们硬生生地伸进去把我拽出来的。 |
[35:27] | You want another blowjob? | 你想我再给你吹一次喇叭吗? |
[35:31] | How come? | 为什么? |
[35:32] | It’s on the house. No charge. | 我请客,不收你钱。 |
[35:33] | ‘Cause them pills you takin’ sure ain’t working. | 因为你吞的那些药片 肯定他妈的不管用。 |
[35:37] | I’m just in a peculiar mood tonight. | 只是今晚我的心情比较特殊, |
[35:39] | Because I had some bad news today. | 你知道,因为白天我得到了个坏消息。 |
[35:42] | Let me ask you a question. What are you doing tomorrow? | 嘿,我想问你一下, 你明天打算干什么? |
[35:45] | Hustlin’. | 拉客啊。 |
[35:47] | Yeah? Why don’t you come with me? | 是吗?不如你和我一起去? |
[35:49] | Where? | 去哪儿? |
[35:50] | I’m going up to my old school ’cause they’re gonna honor me. | 我要去我以前的学校, 因为他们想授我名誉学位。 |
[35:54] | I got nobody to share it with. | 我没什么人可以一起分享。 |
[35:56] | I’m serious. Come with me. | 我是认真的。和我一起去吧。嘿… |
[35:58] | I’ll give you 500 bucks for the day. | 我会…我会给你一天五百块。 |
[36:00] | Sleep here tonight, come up with me tomorrow. | 今晚睡在这里, 明天和我一起去。 |
[36:03] | How come you got all this money? | 你怎么会留着这么多现钱的? |
[36:04] | I always keep hooker money around, ’cause, you know… | 我手头总是留着招鸡的钱, 因为,你知道…… |
[36:06] | I once paid by check years ago, and the IRS killed me. | 几年前我曾用支票支付过, 国税局的人差点要了我的命。 |
[36:22] | Fay, when you get this message, if it’s not too late, | 菲伊,如果你能听到这条口信, 如果还来得及的话, |
[36:26] | I don’t want you to get married. | 我希望你别去结婚。 |
[36:28] | Because I love you, | 因为我爱你, |
[36:30] | and I want to marry you. You… | 我想和你结婚。你…… |
[36:34] | I was looking at… | 我刚才…我刚才在读… |
[36:37] | my last book, | …我的上一本书, |
[36:38] | at the part where we met. | 在读我们相遇的那一部分。 |
[36:41] | I tried to exaggerate it to make it funny, | 你知道,我试图稍事夸张, 为的是有趣一点。 |
[36:45] | but it was actually very romantic. | 但实际上那还是相当浪漫的。 |
[36:49] | – She can’t hear. – I’m in town. | – 她听不到。 – 我在城里。 |
[36:51] | Norman’s meeting me for Les Mis. I have a free hour. | 诺曼和我约好了去看《悲惨世界》。 我有一小时的空闲时间。 |
[36:55] | I don’t know if I can. | 我…我不知道能否脱身。 |
[36:56] | I got our usual place at the Wyndham. It’s been almost two weeks. | 我已经订了我们的老地方,“温德姆酒店”。 我们几乎有两星期没见了。 |
[37:01] | We’ll have to make it fast. I can’t make it believable for so long. | 我们一定得动作快点, 我不可能呆那么长时间而不引起怀疑。 |
[37:09] | You’ll be back in an hour. | 我说,你一小时内就可以回去了, |
[37:11] | I have to be done by then anyway. | 反正在那之前我也必须结束。 |
[37:17] | Think I’ll take awalk. | 我想出去走走。 |
[37:19] | Now? | 现在? |
[37:22] | Yes, ‘Cause I thought that I would just… | 噢,是的,因为我想我就…你知道, |
[37:25] | just to get some fresh air. | 我去透点儿新鲜空气。 |
[37:30] | Okay. | 行啊。 |
[37:58] | Excuse me. | 对不起, |
[37:59] | Are you Harry Block? | 你是哈里・布洛克? |
[38:01] | Yes. | 是的,是我。 |
[38:03] | – Your writing has been so meaningful to me. – Thank you very much. | – 噢,天呐,你写的东西对我影响太大了。 – 噢,非常感谢,谢谢。 |
[38:07] | Can’t believe I’m in the elevator with you. | 不敢相信我和你同坐一部电梯。 |
[38:09] | It’s no big deal. | 是啊,没什么大不了的。 |
[38:11] | Are you staying here? | 你住在这里? |
[38:13] | No. I’m meeting someone. | 噢,不。不,我来见个人。 |
[38:25] | Oh, my God! What is this? | 噢,我的天哪!这怎么回事? |
[38:28] | – It’s stuck again. – again? | – 电梯又卡住了。 – 又卡住了? |
[38:30] | If this was one of my stories, this elevator would get stuck between floors, | 如果拿这作为我的一个小说的话, 我会写,电梯在楼层间卡住了, |
[38:34] | and the two of us would start a major affair and fall in love. | 我们两个就此展开了一段 重要的恋情,堕入了情网。 |
[38:48] | Promise me that you won’t fall in love with me. | 答应我你不会爱上我。 |
[38:51] | No? | 不要吗? |
[38:52] | Definitely not. Not a good idea. | 不要,绝对不要。 那不是个好主意。 |
[38:55] | Why? | 为什么? |
[38:57] | Because I’m… | 因为我… |
[38:58] | I’m too screwed up. | …我太神经了。 |
[39:00] | I have… | 你知道,我…我有… |
[39:03] | too many quirks. | 太多的…太多的怪癖, 太多的…太多的…… |
[39:07] | I have trouble being faithful. | 你知道,我…我做不到对谁忠诚, 我做不到…你知道…… |
[39:11] | I have too many phobias and craziness.. | 我有太多的恐惧和疯狂…… |
[39:14] | Yeah, but I fell in love with you before I met you, | 是啊,可是在我遇见你之前, 我就已经爱上你了, |
[39:17] | when I read you. | 在我读你的书的时候。 |
[39:18] | Yes, but you fell in love with my work. | 是的,可那是你爱上了我的作品。 |
[39:21] | That’s a different thing. | 那是…那是两码子事。 |
[39:24] | I love your work. I love your imagination. | 我热爱你的作品, 我热爱你的想象力, |
[39:27] | I love it. | 我热爱它们。 |
[39:29] | But this is not a book. You know what I mean? | 可…可现实不是一本书。 你明白我的意思吧。 |
[39:33] | We’re not characters in a fictional thing. | 我们不是某个虚构的东西里面的人物。 我是说,这是…… |
[39:37] | – So don’t fall in love with me. – Kiss me. | – 所以说别…别爱上我。 – 吻我。 |
[39:40] | – Promise you won’t fall in love with me. – No, kiss me. | – 答应我你不会爱上我。 – 不,吻我。 |
[39:43] | – Promise… Promise. – I promise. | – 答应…答应我。 – 我答应你。 |
[40:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢。 |
[40:04] | The subway took forever. Sorry. | 我…我…地铁好慢。对不起。 |
[40:07] | You said you weren’t coming. | 我…你说你不来的。 |
[40:09] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[40:10] | – We said ten. I’m sure that’s what we said. – No. | – 不,我们说好了十点,我肯定是这么说的。 – 不,我们离开…… |
[40:13] | I called you last night, and I said I got out of my thing. | 我昨晚打电话给你, 我说我今天没事了。 |
[40:15] | When did you call me? | 你打电话给我啦?什么时候打的? |
[40:17] | I called you at 9:30 last night. You don’t remember? | 我昨晚九点半打的。 你不记得啦? |
[40:19] | You were writing, I interrupted. | 你正在写作,我打断了你。 |
[40:20] | – We spoke on the phone? – Of course, Absolutely. | – 我们在电话里谈话啦? – 当然,绝对的,你和我说话了。 |
[40:24] | My mind has been playing tricks. | 天,我的大脑一定和我开了个玩笑。 |
[40:26] | This is Cookie Williams. This is Richard. | 这是曲奇…曲奇・威廉斯。 这是我朋友理查德。 |
[40:28] | – Hello. – How ya doing? | – 你好! – 你好! |
[40:29] | What’s so special about this honor? | 这项荣誉究竟有什么特别的地方嘛? |
[40:30] | The man is being honored by the school that expelled him. | 这人是去以前开除他的学校 接受荣誉头衔。 |
[40:33] | If only Hilly could see me, he’d be so proud. | 是啊,要是希利能看到就好了, 他会很为此骄傲的。 |
[40:36] | I know, and it’s sad, but short of kidnapping, he ain’t coming. | 是啊,我知道,很不幸。 除非你绑架他,他不可能来。 |
[40:41] | Oh, dear! | 噢,天哪! |
[40:44] | – This is ridiculous. – Don’t worry. | – 这太荒唐了。 – 别担心。 |
[40:46] | You’re going to get in trouble. Come on, boys. | 你会惹麻烦的,亲爱的。 快点,赶紧回来! |
[40:52] | Dad? What is it? | 爸爸?怎么了? |
[40:53] | – Hilly, Where you going? – We’re not going to school today. | – 希利,你去哪里? – 不,我们今天不上学了。 |
[40:56] | What are you doing? Stop it! | 你要干什么?住手! |
[40:57] | It’s an emergency. | 我有紧急的事情。 |
[40:58] | What are you doing? Come on! You! Stop it! | 你想干嘛?出来,希利! 嘿,你给我住手!住手! |
[41:02] | You can’t do this! | 你不能这样! |
[41:04] | Hilly, get out of the car! | 希利,快下车!快下车,希利! |
[41:07] | Somebody stop this man! He’s a deviant! | 嘿,快来人让他住手啊! 这人是个变态! |
[41:10] | Somebody stop him! Somebody call the police! | 快来人阻止他啊! 快来人叫警察啊! |
[41:14] | When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin’ along, | 当红红的知更鸟蹦啊蹦地蹦出来, |
[41:17] | – Go faster. – along. | – 再开快点。 – 蹦出来。 |
[41:19] | There’ll be no more sobbin’ when he starts throbbin’ his old sweet song. | 当它颤声唱起古老而甜美的歌曲, 就不会再有啜泣。 |
[41:24] | – Come on. – Wake up, wake up, you sleepyhead. | – 快点啊。 – 醒来,醒来,你这个懒虫。 |
[41:27] | Get up, get up, get out of bed. | 起来,起来,快点起床。 |
[41:30] | Cheer up, cheer up, the sun is red. | 打起精神,打起精神,太阳已经红彤彤。 |
[41:32] | Live, love, laugh, and be happy. | 生活,爱情,欢笑,永远幸福。 |
[41:40] | – It’s fabulous up here! – It’s beautiful. I love it. | – 天哪,这里的景色太别致了! – 非常美,我喜欢。 |
[41:42] | Look, a ferris wheel! | 瞧那儿,摩天轮! |
[41:44] | – Look at the swings! – Want to go? | – 哇,看那秋千! – 想玩吗? |
[41:46] | Yeah! | 想! |
[41:53] | Very good! | 你好棒哦! |
[41:55] | Would you like this? | 你喜欢这吗? |
[41:59] | Dad, high-five! | 爸,击掌! |
[42:06] | I am going to smoke this joint. You want some? | 我要吸根麻烟,你想来点吗? |
[42:08] | No. I can’t stand that stuff. | 不,我受不了那玩意儿。 |
[42:10] | You see that place there? | 你看见那边那房子没有? |
[42:12] | That Red Apple Rest? | 就那个“红苹果餐馆”? |
[42:14] | Years ago, | 几年前, |
[42:16] | my then wife Jane and I… | 我那时的妻子珍妮和我… |
[42:18] | were coming from Connecticut… her sister’s house, | …从她妹妹在康涅狄格的家回来, |
[42:21] | and we had this awful fight. | 我们大吵了一顿。 |
[42:23] | She was having her period, and we stopped there to get water for her Midol. | 她正来例假,我们停车找水, 因为她要吃“布洛芬”【镇痛药】。 |
[42:26] | I don’t want a child! | 我不想要小孩! |
[42:28] | Don’t bring it up, especially in front of my parents. | 所以我希望你别老跟我提这事, 特别是在我父母面前。 |
[42:30] | – I don’t understand you. – We’ve discussed it! | – 我搞不懂你。 – 你必须搞懂,哈里,我们已经讨论过了! |
[42:33] | – Don’t I get a vote? – You have a child! | – 是的,可我说过我的意见了吗? – 你已经有个孩子了! |
[42:36] | – Who I never get to see! – That’s not my fault! | – 是的,可那孩子我难得一见! – 那不能怨我! |
[42:38] | I like being a father. | 我喜欢成为父亲。 |
[42:40] | I chose a different life than Lucy. You knew that when you married me. | 我选择过与露西不一样的生活, 和我结婚时你就知道这一点。 |
[42:43] | You’re dedicated to work. That means we can’t have children. | 好吧,你很专注于你的工作, 那就意味着我们不能有孩子了。 |
[42:46] | Since when are you a family man? | 打什么时候起, 你成了这么在乎家庭的男人啦? |
[42:48] | Don’t think I don’t see you staring at my sister Lucy. | 别以为我没注意到 你盯着我妹妹露西的样子。 |
[42:51] | What? | 什么? |
[42:52] | Don’t play ignorant. | 噢,别装无辜了。 |
[42:53] | You watch her walk and sit. | 无论她走着还是坐着,你都盯着她看。 |
[42:55] | You can’t keep your eyes off her toes! | 你…你的眼神没离开过她半步! |
[42:57] | Are you fucking nuts? What are you suggesting? | 没离她半步?你是不是他妈的疯了啊? 你究竟什么意思啊? |
[43:01] | I wouldn’t put it past you if you were dying to have a thing with her. | 我的意思是,我一点也不会觉得意外, 说你恨不能和她产生点什么瓜葛。 |
[43:05] | She’s a neurotic, suburban Hausfrau! | 她是个神经病,一个乡下家庭主妇! |
[43:08] | I have no interest in her. Zero. Nothing. | 我对她一点兴趣也没有。零蛋,毫无。 |
[43:10] | Your level of denial is a little intense. | 你否定的级别也过强了一点吧。 |
[43:13] | You’re suffering from a premenstrual nuclear meltdown. | 亲爱的,你这是受到了 “经前核子灾变症”的影响。 |
[43:17] | You want a hit? | 你想来一口吗? |
[43:19] | No. That smoke is killing me. | 嗯?噢,不。不…不,那烟会要我命的。 |
[43:23] | I’m going to go to the bathroom. I’ll catch you later. | 听着,我要去下洗手间, 我回头找你。 |
[43:40] | Cold fish, your third ex-wife. | 高傲冷漠,你第三个前妻。 |
[43:42] | She never would have made a good mother. | 她绝不会成为一个好母亲的。 |
[43:45] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[43:46] | – It’s me, Ken! | – 是我,肯! |
[43:49] | – Ken? | – 肯? |
[43:51] | Look at this guy! You created me. Now you don’t recognize me? | 瞧这家伙!你创造了我, 现在你却认不出我了? |
[43:55] | I’m a little bit high because of her smoke… | 你知道,她抽烟抽得我有点头晕了…… |
[43:58] | How’d you ever hook up with Jane? | 你怎么会和珍妮在一起的? |
[44:00] | Jane was fine. Jane was just having her period, so she was irritable. | 珍妮没问题。她只是来例假了, 所以她很容易激动。 |
[44:04] | It wasn’t just her period. | 噢,不…不,不只是例假的关系。 |
[44:06] | She was a cold, selfish woman. | 她是个冷漠的、自私的女人。 |
[44:08] | She’s so self-involved she doesn’t realize her sister hates her. | 她太自以为是了, 从没意识到她妹妹很讨厌她。 |
[44:12] | How do you know so much? | 嘿,你怎么知道这么多? |
[44:15] | I’m just you, thinly disguised. | 唔,我就是你啊,稍微改头换面了下。 |
[44:17] | You gave me a little more maturity and a different name. | 我给了我多一点的成熟, 一个不同的名字。 |
[44:21] | What are you saying? That I know this? | 你什么意思啊? 我了解这些? |
[44:24] | Of course you do! That’s why you picked her! | 你当然了解! 这就是你选中她的原因! |
[44:26] | So it wouldn’t work, so you’d never have to give up… | 你们之间肯定没戏,这样一来, 你就用不着放弃… |
[44:28] | sport-fucking and chronic dissatisfaction and grow up. | …你那到处胡搞的习性 和持续的不满,不用成熟起来。 |
[44:32] | I’m not going to get lectured by my own creation. | 嘿,我…我可不愿意站在这里, 听我自己创造出的人物给我上什么课。 |
[44:36] | You can’t fool me. | 嗯…你骗不了我。 |
[44:37] | I’m not like your shrink. He only knows what you tell him. | 我可不像你的心理医生, 他只知道你告诉他的东西, |
[44:41] | I know the truth. | 而我知道事实。 |
[44:42] | And her sister, Lucy, | …她妹妹露西, |
[44:44] | another head-case. | 一样神经兮兮的。 |
[44:46] | You sure can pick ’em. | 哇,你一定很喜欢这样的人。 |
[44:48] | But even she was better than Jane. | 但即便是她,也比珍妮要好。 |
[44:50] | More maternal, and she loved you. | 更加成熟,而且她爱你。 |
[44:53] | You weren’t there the day your bomb dropped on her, but… | 你向她投下炸弹的那天 你并不在场,不过… |
[44:56] | take a look. | …你可以自己看一下。 |
[44:59] | He left me! | 他离开了我! |
[45:01] | ur marriage is finished! | 结束了,我们的婚姻结束了! |
[45:03] | I’m so sorry to hear that. | 听到这个我很难过。 |
[45:06] | Are you shocked? | 你感到震惊吗? |
[45:07] | Yes and no. | 既震惊也不震惊。 |
[45:09] | Things have not been very good for some time. | 我们之间不怎么对劲 已经有些时日了。 |
[45:12] | I knew he played around. | 我知道他在外面瞎搞。 |
[45:15] | Did you? You never mentioned that. | 是吗?没听你说过啊。 |
[45:17] | I don’t like to discuss my private life. | 我不喜欢谈论我的私生活。 |
[45:20] | First suspected Lynn, his editor. Then I thought… | 起初我怀疑是琳恩,他的编辑。 然后我又想, |
[45:23] | it might be Allison Davis, a friend of ours. | 不,可能是艾丽森・戴维斯, 我们的一个朋友。 |
[45:27] | I even thought he might have a crush on you. | 我甚至想到他也许对你很有兴趣。 |
[45:30] | Me? | 我? |
[45:32] | You’re beautiful and we’ve spent a lot of time together, | 是啊。你很漂亮, 我们经常在一起, |
[45:36] | and you two get along very well. | 你们俩也很合得来。 |
[45:38] | Obviously, I knew you never would in a million years, but… | 听着,显然,我知道打死你 你也不会,可是… |
[45:42] | I imagined he longed for you. | …我想象得出他很想得到你。 |
[45:45] | I even heard him mention your name in his sleep. | 我有次甚至听到 他在梦里提到了你的名字。 |
[45:50] | My goodness. | 我的天哪。 |
[45:53] | Well… | 可是…… |
[45:56] | That’s absurd. | 这太荒谬了,我是说…… |
[45:59] | Really! | 真的! |
[46:01] | You’re all red. | 你脸怎么这么红? |
[46:03] | No! | 没有啊!没有! |
[46:07] | Are you okay? | 露西,你没事吧? |
[46:09] | Look… | 听着…… |
[46:11] | since we’re talking openly… | 既然我们坦诚相谈, |
[46:14] | I have a confession to make. | 我有件事要交代。 |
[46:17] | Yes? | 什么? |
[46:18] | Look… | 你看…… |
[46:21] | Life sometimes takes very strange twists and turns. | 生活之路,有时就是会很奇怪地 曲曲弯弯、起起落落。 |
[46:26] | It overwhelms us, and we’re not responsible for our feelings. | 我们无力掌控, 我们也无法把握我们的感情, |
[46:29] | Everybody’s feelings are irrational. | 每个人的感情都是非理性的。 |
[46:31] | But to hear from your husband that he found another woman! | 是的。可是要是你丈夫亲口告诉你 他已经有了另一个女人! |
[46:35] | He said that? | 他…他是这么说的吗? |
[46:36] | He said his future is all mapped out. | 他说他的未来已经都规划好了。 |
[46:41] | Oh… Jane… | 噢…珍妮…… |
[46:44] | I’m going to be totally frank with you. | 我想对你完完全全地开诚布公, |
[46:47] | – Just try and hang on and understand. – What? I’m being replaced. | – 你要尽量把持住,试着去理解。 – 什么?我要被取而代之了。 |
[46:50] | But it doesn’t have to be a nightmare, | 是的,是的。但那也不一定 非得变成个噩梦啊, |
[46:52] | if we’re all just mature about it. | 要是我们能成熟地对待它的话。 |
[46:54] | Replaced by a 25-year-old. | 被一个25岁的女人取而代之。 |
[46:58] | – Excuse me? – A 25-year-old. | – 你说什么? – 一个25岁的女人, |
[47:00] | A wanna-be writer. Fay Sexton is her sexy name. | 一心想成为作家。 菲伊・塞克斯顿是她性感的名字。 |
[47:06] | What’s the matter? Now you’re white! | 你怎么了? 现在你又满脸苍白! |
[47:11] | Lucy, have you eaten anything today? | 露西,你今天吃过什么没有? |
[47:16] | Have a drink. Finish that. | 露西,喝口水吧,喝口水。把它喝完。 |
[47:20] | – Hard to believe him when he’s a liar. – I’m weak. | – 很难相信他,他这样个大骗子。 – 我感到很虚弱。 |
[47:27] | What’s wrong? | 露西,你到底怎么啦? |
[47:28] | You’d think he dumped you. | 好像是他把你甩了似的。 |
[47:31] | I know you feel bad for me, but I can handle it. | 听着,我知道你为我难过, 可我能够挺得过去。 |
[47:34] | – Air! – I’m in shock today, but… | – 空气!空气! – 我今天深感震惊,可我…… |
[47:37] | I want to speak to Fay. | 我想找菲伊说话。 |
[47:39] | It’s Harry Block. I’ve been trying to reach her. | 不,我是哈里・布洛克。 昨晚我就开始找她。 |
[47:42] | No, it’s an emergency. I gotta talk… | 不,有紧要的事情。 我一定要和她说…… |
[47:45] | Tell her to call me back. It’s the car number. | 告诉她给我回电话。 她有我的号码,是车上的号码。 |
[47:49] | Yes. The car! | 是的,我的车! |
[47:50] | Give up. She’s in love with someone else. | 哈里,放弃她吧, 她现在爱的是别人。 |
[47:53] | – This guy is too old for her. – He’s younger than you! | – 那家伙对她来说太老了。 – 他比你还年轻啊! |
[47:55] | I’m much too old for her. It’s ridiculous. | 嘿,那我对她来说老得太多了。 简直荒谬至极。 |
[47:58] | Because of my immaturity, I have a boyish quality that works. | 可是考虑到我的未成熟性, 我有种讨人喜欢的孩子般的品格。 |
[48:01] | Is it much longer, Dad? | 还有多长的路啊,爸爸? |
[48:02] | – We were just at the fair. You walked, ate. – You’re speeding. | – 我们才在游乐场停过。你走了走,吃了东西。 – 你快点开。 |
[48:05] | – About how much longer is it? – It won’t be long. | – 大概还要多长时间啊? – 不会太长了。 |
[48:08] | Okay, my sister lives ten minutes from here. | 好吧,我…我妹妹住在 离这儿十分钟的地方。 |
[48:11] | We’ll surprise her. It’ll be fun. | 我们拐过去,我们让她惊喜一下。 那一定很有意思。 |
[48:13] | – You can eat and walk around. – She’s your half-sister. | – 你可以吃点东西,你可以散散步。 – 她实际上只是你的半个妹妹【同父异母】。 |
[48:16] | But it’ll still be ten minutes, | 是的,她是我半个妹妹, 可是仍然要开上十分钟, |
[48:18] | not five, just because she’s a half-sister. | 不会因为她只是我的半个妹妹, 就只要五分钟了。所以…… |
[48:25] | It’s wonderful! | 你写得太棒了! |
[48:27] | – It is so funny. – Do you think so? | – 噢,真太有趣了。 – 你这样认为的? |
[48:29] | – And it’s really sad. – You’re so sweet. | – 是的,真的有点儿悲伤。 – 你对我太好了。 |
[48:31] | I really loved it. | 我真的很喜欢。 |
[48:32] | You’re so great. You’re so kind to me. | 你太好了,你对我太体贴了。 |
[48:34] | You have such a sweet, kind instinct. | 你知道,你有种温柔体贴的本能。 |
[48:38] | Don’t do that. | 哈里,别这样。 |
[48:40] | I count on you to be critical, | 我指望你对我非常挑剔, |
[48:43] | to really be tough. You’re too easy on me. | 对我非常严厉。 可你太迁就我了。 |
[48:46] | What was wrong with the story? | 怎么了?这故事哪儿不好啦? |
[48:48] | What’s wrong is that it had… | 不好之处在于它… |
[48:50] | it had no energy. | 它没有活力。 |
[48:52] | I became discouraged with it. | 你知道,我越写越没信心。 |
[48:54] | It doesn’t release any power. It came to nothing. | 它没有释放任何力量,空洞无物。 |
[48:57] | I thought it was really touching. | 不。我认为它真的很令人感动。 |
[48:59] | You knew when the boy grew up, he would never learn to love. It was beautiful. | 我是说,你知道当那孩子长大以后, 他将永远也学不会去爱。写得很漂亮啊! |
[49:03] | I think your problem is… | 我认为你的问题是… |
[49:05] | that you love too easily, and too much. | …你太容易去爱了,有点滥爱。 |
[49:08] | I think you’re beautiful, and great, | 我认为你很漂亮,你很棒, |
[49:11] | and too kind to me, and lovely. | 对我太好,非常可爱。 |
[49:14] | But you’re not in love with me. | 但是你还是没爱上我。 |
[49:17] | I told you not to fall in love with me, and I meant that. | 我告诉过你不要爱上我, 我不是光说说而已。 |
[49:20] | But I still have not been able to figure out why. | 是的,可我还是无法想明白 这是为什么。 |
[49:24] | Why? Because I’m the boy in that story, | 为什么?因为我就是那个故事里的小男孩, |
[49:28] | and I can’t love. | 我无法去爱。 |
[49:30] | So, I don’t want you to get into anything. | 所以,我不希望你卷到什么事情里面来。 |
[49:32] | You love Hilly. | 可你爱希利。 |
[49:34] | What? | 什么? |
[49:35] | You love Hilly. | 你爱希利。 |
[49:39] | Sure. I love Hilly. | 当然,我爱希利。 |
[49:41] | Because Hilly’s my son. It’s easy to love a little kid. | 因为希利是我的儿子。 爱一个小孩子很容易。你知道,可…… |
[49:45] | – You love music. – Yes, I love music. | – 是啊,你也爱音乐, – 是的,我爱音乐。 |
[49:48] | And you love baseball. | 你也爱棒球。 |
[49:49] | Baseball’s also easy, because it has rules, it has foul lines. | 也很容易爱棒球, 因为它有规则,它有边界,你知道。 |
[49:53] | But women are complicated. | 可是女人就太复杂了。 |
[49:58] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐! |
[49:59] | You’re kidding! | 噢,你开玩笑! |
[50:01] | Come on, open it up. | 快点,快把它打开。 |
[50:03] | You didn’t have to get me anything. | 你没必要送我什么东西。 |
[50:06] | It’s probably another sweater, right? | 也许又是件运动衫,对吗? |
[50:09] | A baseball signed by the 1951 Giants. | 1951年“【纽约】巨人队”签过名的棒球。 |
[50:13] | Really! That’s so great! | 真的啊!这简直太棒了! |
[50:15] | – The ’51 Giants were… – Bobby Thomson. | – 51年的“巨人队”是… – 鲍比・汤姆森。是的,在这里。 |
[50:17] | They were the one genuine miracle of my lifetime! | …我这辈子里看到过的 一个真正的奇迹!这太棒…… |
[50:20] | When he hit that home run, | 当他击出那个本垒打, |
[50:22] | that was the only hint I’ve ever had there may be a God. | 那是我得到的唯一的一次暗示, 也许上帝是存在的。这简直,你知道…… |
[50:27] | What made you think of that? | 你怎么想到这主意的? |
[50:30] | It was easy. | 很简单。 |
[50:33] | You are the greatest. | 你最棒了。 |
[50:35] | It’s your birthday today, so you get any wish you want. | 今天是你生日, 所以你的任何愿望都能满足, |
[50:37] | Anything at all that would make your day special. | 任何愿望,能使你今天 过得特别有意义。 |
[50:42] | You are the greatest. I don’t deserve you. | 你最棒了,我配不上你。 |
[50:45] | You’re too… | 你太…… |
[50:47] | Too what? | 太什么? |
[50:55] | We were driving. We thought we’d stop in to see you. | 你看我们开车经过, 我们想该过来看看你们。 |
[50:58] | Come in! | 进来!快进来! |
[50:59] | This is Richard. This is Cookie. | 这是理查德,这是曲奇。 |
[51:01] | I’m your Aunt Doris. You won’t remember me. | 你好,宝贝,我是你姑姑多丽丝, 你一定不记得我了。 |
[51:04] | Remember your Uncle Burt? | 还想得起来你伯特姑父吗? |
[51:05] | You haven’t seen him in awhile. | 你有阵子没见到他了, |
[51:07] | It’s been a long while. | 已经有很长时间了。 |
[51:08] | Would you like a cookie or something like that? | 你想不想吃点什么东西呢? 比如曲奇之类的? |
[51:12] | Come in the kitchen here. | 到厨房这儿来。 |
[51:14] | I got to go to the bathroom. Where’s the john? | 我想上一下洗手间, 厕所在哪儿,亲爱的? |
[51:17] | The bathroom. You just go right through there. | 噢,洗手间,是的,你一直往那儿走。 |
[51:19] | – Over there? – Yeah. | – 那边吗? – 对。 |
[51:20] | So, I thought we’d drop in. | 你看,我想我们该进来拜访一下。 |
[51:25] | You’re the last person I ever expected to see. | 天呐,我从没想过你会过来。 |
[51:28] | Don’t say that, Doris. | 别这么说,多丽丝。 |
[51:30] | – And what’s with Cookie? – Cookie’s the nanny. | – 曲奇是干什么的? – 曲奇是保姆。 |
[51:32] | Where did you get her from, an agency or a massage parlor? | 保姆?你从哪儿雇的她, 从职介所还是按摩厅? |
[51:35] | She’s sweet. What are you picking on… | 噢,天哪,她是个不错的女孩。 你又拿我开…… |
[51:38] | Still with the sexpots, the tramps, the vilda chayes. | 还是和荡妇、妓女、野货们混在一起。 |
[51:41] | She’s got a Ph.D. | 噢…她拿了博士学位的,这女孩。 |
[51:43] | I don’t know how she did on her written, but I’m sure she got an A-plus on her oral. | 是吗?我不知道她的笔头成绩怎么样, 但我确信,她的口头考试拿的是“特优”。 |
[51:47] | Give me a break! I drive upstate, | 嘿,你饶了我吧!行吗? 我…我驱车往北去, |
[51:49] | I take the time to drop in to say hello. | 我花时间来拜访,向你们问声好。 |
[51:52] | Can you believe they’re honoring me at Adair? I can’t believe it. | 你能相信他们要在阿黛尔 授我荣誉吗?我不敢相信。 |
[51:55] | Not that I care, but it’s great for Hilly to see me. | 我才不在乎那个呢, 不过让希利看看,我想倒是很不错。 |
[51:59] | The last time I saw him, he was six years old. | 上次我看到他时,他才六岁。 |
[52:01] | You don’t exactly contact me, either. | 是啊,你看你好像也没联系过我啊。 |
[52:04] | I know what you think of me. | 是啊,我知道你怎么看我。 |
[52:05] | Please, Doris, don’t start in. | 噢,拜托,多丽丝,别又来了。 |
[52:08] | Am I wrong? It’s all over your book. | 怎么?我说错了吗? 都在你书里面写着呢―― |
[52:10] | “Jewish,” “too Jewish,” “professionally Jewish.” | “犹太人”、“过于犹太人”、 “专业犹太人”。 |
[52:13] | You attributed it all to your ex-wife Joan, but you gave her the details of my life, | 当然你把这些特征都赋予了你前妻琼, 可是你用的却是我的生活细节, |
[52:17] | because you wanted to depict her with contempt. | 因为你就是想轻蔑地 将她描绘成那样。 |
[52:19] | – I don’t know what you’re talking about. – You don’t know what am I talking about? | – 噢,我不知道你在说什么。 – 哦,你不知道我在说什么吗? |
[52:23] | You made a picture of your ex as a horror. | 你把你前妻描绘成了一个可怕的人。 |
[52:25] | In order to make that picture unsympathetic, you used some of her. | 为了使她的形象令人反感、叫人反胃, 你用了一些她的素材。 |
[52:28] | But mostly, you caricatured my religious dedication. | 可总的来说,总体来说, 你把我对信仰的虔诚,作了漫画般的讽刺。 |
[52:32] | Because it always enraged you that I returned to my roots. | 因为我的回归本源, 一直让你感到恼火。 |
[52:36] | What roots? You were a wonderful, sweet kid. | 什么本源? 从前你是个出色、可爱的孩子。 |
[52:40] | You got me through my childhood. | 你知道,我小时候一直很喜欢你。 |
[52:42] | Then you go to Fort Lauderdale, | 然…然后,你知道,你去了劳德代尔堡, |
[52:45] | and you meet this fanatic, this zealot. | 你碰到了这样个盲信分子、这样个狂热分子。 |
[52:48] | He fills you full of superstition. | 他…他往你脑子里灌满了迷信。 |
[52:51] | It’s tradition. | 那叫传统。 |
[52:52] | Tradition is the illusion of permanence. | 所谓传统只是永久性的一种幻象而已。 |
[52:55] | You have no values. Your whole life… | 你毫无价值观。 你整个一生… |
[52:57] | it’s nihilism, cynicism, sarcasm, and orgasm. | …只有虚无主义、犬儒主义、 讽刺挖苦、和高潮快感。 |
[53:00] | In France, I could run on that slogan and win. | 是啊,你知道,在法国,我可以 以此为口号参加竞选并赢得胜利。 |
[53:04] | I’m a Jew. I was born a Jew. Do you hate me because of that? | 我是犹太人,生来就是犹太人。 你想怎么样?因此而憎恨我? |
[53:08] | And if our parents converted… | 可要是我们的父母改变了信仰, |
[53:10] | to Catholicism a month before you were born, we’d be Catholics, | 在你出生前一个月皈依了天主教, 那我们就成了天主教徒, |
[53:14] | and that would be the end of it. | 就是这么个结果。 |
[53:15] | They’re clubs. They’re exclusionary. | 他…他们像属于不同的俱乐部, 他们互相排挤,所有那些人。 |
[53:18] | They foster the concept of “the other”, | 你知道,他…他们发明和壮大了 “异己”这个概念, |
[53:21] | so you know clearly who you should hate. | 你知道,这样你就清楚地知道应该去恨谁。 |
[53:23] | That’s enough! | 你能不能…够了! |
[53:24] | Let me ask you a question: If a Jew gets massacred, | 我来问你个问题: 屠杀一个犹太人, |
[53:27] | does that bother you more than if a Gentile gets hurt, | 是否比屠杀一个非犹太人, 或一个黑人或波斯尼亚人, |
[53:30] | or a black or a Bosnian? | 更使你难过呢? |
[53:32] | Yes, it does. I can’t help it. It’s my people. | 是的,是的,是这样的。 我没法不难过,那是我们自己人。 |
[53:36] | They’re all your people. | 所有人都应该是你的自己人。 |
[53:37] | Burt is right about you. You’re a self-hating Jew. | 你知道吗?伯特没看错你, 你是个自我憎恨的犹太人。 |
[53:41] | I may hate myself, but not because I’m Jewish. | 嘿,也许我是恨我自己, 但那不是因为我是犹太族。 |
[53:44] | He says he’s not a self-hating Jew, | 噢,他说他不是个自我憎恨的犹太人, |
[53:46] | but look how he talks about them in his stories. | 那你看看在他的小说里 他是怎么描写他们的。 |
[53:50] | Max and Dolly Pincus were married for 30 years. | 麦克斯和多丽・平克斯 结婚已经有三十年了, |
[53:53] | They raised two children, | 他们养育了两个孩子。 |
[53:55] | and there was never a family wedding or bar mitzvah where they were not generous participants. | 他们从不错过任何一个家庭婚礼 或男孩成人礼,他们总是热心的参与者。 “唐纳德,愿力量与你同在” |
[53:59] | Max, How are you? | 麦克斯,你好吗? |
[54:01] | Yossel, mazel tov! Here, for Donald. | 尤索尔,恭喜你! 拿着,这是给唐纳德的。 |
[54:04] | Thank you, Max. | 谢谢!谢谢你,麦克斯。 |
[54:10] | Dolly! | 多丽! |
[54:12] | You got a private minute? | 你现在私下里有时间吗,就一分钟? |
[54:14] | Sure. We’re leaving anyhow in a few minutes. | 当然,当然,反正我们要过几分钟才走。 |
[54:18] | I don’t know if I should tell you. | 我不知道是否该告诉你。 |
[54:20] | What? Tell me what? | 什么?告诉我什么? |
[54:22] | Tell me, and I will tell you if you should tell me. | 你先告诉我,然后我会告诉你 你是否该告诉我。 |
[54:25] | – My heart is heavy. – What happened? | – 我心里沉甸甸的。 – 什么?出什么事了? |
[54:27] | Nothing terrible happened to your husband Phil, did it? | 不会是你丈夫菲尔 出了什么可怕的事吧,是吗? |
[54:30] | – Oh, please! – He’s been dead for so many years. | – 噢,别这么说! – 他已经去世这么多年了。 |
[54:33] | When I was in Florida last week, | 是这样,当我上个星期在佛罗里达时, |
[54:37] | I ran into a man, | 我碰到个人, |
[54:38] | who heard from someone who knew someone who… | 他从一个人那里听说 那人认识一个人,他…… |
[54:42] | Anyway, | 简而言之, |
[54:43] | it seems Max has some secret from his past. | 麦克斯的过去,似乎有一些秘密。 |
[54:47] | You’re talking about my Max? | 麦克斯?你是说我的麦克斯? |
[54:49] | – A dark secret. – What kind of a dark secret? | – 是的,一个黑色的秘密。 – 什么样的黑色的秘密? |
[54:51] | Dark! | 黑色! |
[54:52] | What is by you dark? | 什么?你的黑色是什么意思? |
[54:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[54:56] | What kind of dark secret? We’ve been married for 30 years. | 什么样的黑色秘密啊? 我们都已经结婚三十年了啊。 |
[54:59] | You’re his first wife? | 你是他的第一个妻子吗? |
[55:01] | Sure I’m his first wife. | 当然我是他的第一个妻子。 |
[55:03] | – Before me, he worked for… – Okey, all right. | – 在我之前,他工作在…… – 好吧,好吧。好的。 |
[55:06] | What? | 怎么? |
[55:07] | You heard something different? | 怎么?你听到什么不同的说法吗? |
[55:10] | I heard only a dark secret. Do I know what? | 我只听说他有个黑色的秘密, 我也不知道那是什么。 |
[55:13] | Who told you? | 谁告诉你的? |
[55:16] | Wolf Fishbein. | 沃尔夫・费施拜恩。 |
[55:18] | Be careful, Dolly. | 你自己小心,多丽。 |
[55:20] | That’s all I want to say. | 我只想说这么多。 |
[55:22] | Dolly tried putting Elsie’s words out of her mind, | 多丽试着想 不去理会埃尔希说的话, |
[55:26] | but Max’s dark secret plagued her. | 但是麦克斯的黑色秘密 令她寝食难安。 |
[55:28] | Then one day, she ran into Wolf Fishbein, | 然后有一天, 她遇见了沃尔夫・费施拜恩, |
[55:31] | and the truth was revealed. | 于是真相就暴露了出来。 |
[55:34] | Try to breathe deeply. | 深呼吸,努力深呼吸。 |
[55:37] | Elsie, you were right. | 你说得对,埃尔希,你说得对。 |
[55:39] | Fishbein told me a tale. | 费施拜恩告诉了我他的事。 |
[55:41] | Max, before I met him, he lived in Florida. | 麦克斯,在遇见我之前, 住在佛罗里达。 |
[55:45] | He had a store–groceries. | 他开了家小店――小杂货店。 |
[55:49] | He was married. | 他结过婚。 |
[55:51] | – He was married… – Now it comes out! | – 他结了婚, – 现在你知道了! |
[55:53] | To a woman… | 有个老婆… |
[55:55] | with two children. | …和两个孩子。 |
[55:57] | Max had other children? | 麦克斯还有另外的孩子? |
[55:59] | No. The woman’s children, | 不,是那女人的孩子, |
[56:01] | from a prior marriage. | 和她前夫生的。 |
[56:05] | He began an affair… | 他发生了一段婚外情, |
[56:07] | with the downstairs neighbor, a widow. | 和他楼下的邻居,一个寡妇。 |
[56:10] | He probably had all his hair then. | 也许他那时头发还都在吧。 |
[56:13] | Meanwhile, he got into debt, | 与此同时,他开始负债, |
[56:15] | deeper and deeper. | 债台越筑越高。 |
[56:18] | And then carry on with the neighbor. | 一边还和那个邻居胡混。 |
[56:21] | Oy, my heart. | 唉,我的心脏,我的心脏。 |
[56:25] | He can’t get himself out of a predicament. | 所以,他无法使自己摆脱困境。 |
[56:29] | So what does he do? | 你猜他怎么做? |
[56:31] | He stole money. | 你来告诉我,他去偷钱啦? |
[56:33] | I should be so lucky! | 要是那样倒好了! |
[56:35] | He killed his wife! | 他杀了他妻子! |
[56:37] | No! | 不会吧! |
[56:39] | The man purchased an ax. | 这个男人买了一把斧子, |
[56:41] | With an ax? | 用斧子杀人? |
[56:43] | You know Max. He’s nothing with tools. | 你了解麦克斯,他使不好工具。 |
[56:45] | He can’t even hang a picture. | 他甚至连一幅画都挂不好。 |
[56:48] | I’m dropping dead! | 我要死了! |
[56:49] | Plus her children! | 还有她的孩子,埃尔希! |
[56:52] | Plus a neighbor! | 还有那邻居! |
[56:54] | Four. | 四条人命, |
[56:55] | Four people he killed one night with an ax. | 他用一把斧子 在一个晚上杀了四个人。 |
[56:58] | Your Max? | 你的麦克斯? |
[57:01] | – And this is not the capper. – There’s more? | – 这还不是最后的高潮。 – 还有更厉害的? |
[57:04] | More! | 更厉害的! |
[57:07] | What more? | 什么更厉害的? |
[57:09] | He ate them. | 他吃了他们。 |
[57:11] | What, are you talking crazy? | 什么,你不是在说胡话吧? |
[57:13] | He devoured them. | 埃尔希,他吞食了他们。 |
[57:16] | I can’t breathe. Everything is closing in. | 我透不过气来, 这些事朝我扑面而来。 |
[57:19] | Whatever you do, | 不管你想怎么样, |
[57:22] | first hear Max’s side. | 先听听麦克斯会怎么说。 |
[57:24] | Max has a side? | 麦克斯会怎么说? |
[57:26] | He kills his family and eats them up. | 他杀了他一家并吃掉了他们。 |
[57:28] | The man has a side? | 这样的人还有什么说法吗? |
[57:30] | He was a good husband and a loving father for 30 years. | 过去三十年他一直是个好丈夫, 是个慈爱的父亲。 |
[57:34] | You have a daughter who went to college. | 你们有个已经在念大学的女儿, |
[57:36] | You have a son who’s a writer. | 你们有个成了作家的儿子。 |
[57:39] | Maybe the best course of action is to let sleeping dogs lie. | 也许最佳的行动方案就是 让睡着的狗继续躺着吧。 |
[57:44] | Honey, would you pass the sour cream? | 亲爱的,麻烦你把酸奶油递给我好吗? |
[57:51] | You haven’t touched a thing. | 你别扔东西啊。 |
[57:55] | Nice weather! | 天气很好! |
[57:57] | It’s okay. | 还好吧。 |
[57:58] | It’s not just okay. It’s nice! | 不只是“还好”,天气很好! |
[58:01] | All right, all right. What are you getting so steamed up about? | 好吧,好吧。什么事让你火气这么大? |
[58:05] | What makes you such an authority on the weather? | 那什么事又让你成了气象专家啦? |
[58:08] | Me? | 我? |
[58:09] | – All I said was… – I know, I know. I know what you said. | – 我只是说…… – 我知道,我知道,我知道你说什么。 |
[58:12] | The fish is delicious. | 鱼味道很好。 |
[58:14] | Wouldn’t you rather have meat? | 你是不是更想吃肉啊? |
[58:16] | – Since when do I eat meat? – Mm-hmm. | – 我什么时候吃过肉啊? – 嗯…哼。 |
[58:19] | With my arteries, you gotta watch out for cholesterol. | 以我的心血管, 我得多注意那些胆固醇。 |
[58:22] | – Uh-huh. – What is the “uh-huh”? | – 啊哈。 – 你“啊哈”“啊哈”的什么意思啊? |
[58:26] | I mean, you’ve been very touchy lately. | 我是说,你最近很容易上火。 |
[58:29] | Don’t interrogate me, | 你少来盘问我, |
[58:31] | Mr. Max Pinchick! | 麦克斯・平契克先生! |
[58:39] | Where did you hear that name? | 你打哪儿听说这个名字的? |
[58:41] | Did you kill your first wife with an ax? | 你有没有用把斧子, 杀了你第一个老婆? |
[58:45] | I got a headache. | 我头痛。 |
[58:46] | Did you chop her up? Along with your mistress? | 你有没有劈了她? 还有你的情妇? |
[58:51] | Okay. | 好吧。 |
[58:53] | If I tell you why I did it, do you promise not to nudge me? | 如果我告诉你我为什么这么做, 你是不是答应不再纠缠我了? |
[58:57] | Wolf Fishbein said, in order to hide the bodies, | 沃尔夫・费施拜恩说, 为了掩藏尸体, |
[59:00] | you ate them! | 你吃了他们! |
[59:02] | So, what are you making a fuss? | 这又有什么大不了的嘛? |
[59:04] | Some bury, some burn, | 有的人掩埋,有的人火化, |
[59:07] | I ate! | 我吃了而已! |
[59:09] | Enough! I remember “Max Pincus’s Dark Secret”. | 够了!我记得 《麦克斯・平克斯的黑色秘密》。 |
[59:12] | That is a disgraceful story. You don’t see your sick view of our parents? | 真是个可耻的故事。你不觉得 你对我们父母的看法很病态吗? |
[59:15] | I wrote it when I was younger. | 那是我很年轻的时候写的。 |
[59:17] | The first of a number of anti-Semitic pieces of work. | 这是你系列反犹作品的第一部。 |
[59:19] | Here he is, direct from the Wailing Wall. | 这下他来了, 直接从“哭墙”过来的吧。 |
[59:22] | Disrespectful, shameful. | 既无礼又可耻。 |
[59:23] | The Jews haven’t suffered enough, | 难道犹太人所遭受的苦难还不够多吗? |
[59:25] | without being depicted by him as homicidal cannibals. | 还需要这个人把我们描绘成 嗜杀成性、食人生番的恶魔吗? |
[59:27] | He has no spiritual center. He’s betting everything on physics and pussy! | 他根本没有精神支柱,他把他的一切 都押在了物质和烂逼上了。 |
[59:31] | Excuse the expression. | 原谅我的用词。 |
[59:32] | Wait till he gets cancer. | 是啊,等他得了癌症, |
[59:33] | He’ll be the first one in synagogue in the front row in a yarmulke. | 他就会变成头戴圆顶小帽、第一个跑去 犹太教堂、坐在最前排的那个人了。 |
[59:36] | Why should I get cancer? I eat broccoli. | 为什么我会得癌症啊? 我经常吃花椰菜,我做所有…… |
[59:38] | You care even about the holocaust? Or do you think it never happened? | 你究竟关不关心大屠杀? 还是你认为那压根就没发生过? |
[59:43] | Not only do I know that we lost six million, | 我不仅知道我们失去了 六百万条生命, |
[59:45] | but the scary thing is that records are made to be broken. | 而且我也清楚,可怕的是 记录就是被用来打破的,你知道。 |
[59:49] | I know what’s out there. Do you have any idea? | 我是说,我知道外面世界怎么回事。 你们…你们了解吗? |
[59:51] | He creates offensive Jewish stereotypes, like in “Der Stuermer”. | 他创造出了令人生厌的犹太人的典型, 就像《攻击者》【纳粹周报】做的那样。 |
[59:55] | Max is a version of Daddy, a man you hated, | 没错。麦克斯就是爸爸的翻版, 一个你憎恨的人, |
[59:57] | a man you think was guilty of being a terrible parent. | 一个你认为犯了罪的人, 一个可怕的父亲。 |
[1:00:00] | He was a terrible parent. | 可他确实是个可怕的父亲。 |
[1:00:03] | Thank you for dropping by. | 谢谢你的顺道来访。 |
[1:00:04] | Please come again in another four years. | 请你再过四年再来吧。 |
[1:00:06] | Look, wouldn’t it be a better world if not every group… | 嘿,你们看,如果不是每一群人 都认为他们有和上帝通话的热线, |
[1:00:10] | thought they had a direct line to God? | 这个世界会不会更加美好一些? |
[1:00:12] | He thinks I’m all Jewish paranoia. | 他认为我就是个犹太偏执狂。 |
[1:00:15] | No, I don’t think you’re paranoid. I think you’re the opposite of a paranoid. | 不,我不认为你是个偏执狂, 我认为你是偏执狂的对立面。 |
[1:00:18] | You go around with the insane delusion that people like you. | 我认为你带着荒唐的错觉而活着, 以为人人都喜欢你。 |
[1:00:31] | – What’s the matter? – You son of a bitch! | – 怎么回事? – 你个狗娘养的! |
[1:00:33] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了? |
[1:00:34] | You sick, sick, sick, | 你个有病的、讨厌的、恶心的、 |
[1:00:36] | sick fucking bastard! | 变态的狗杂种! |
[1:00:37] | What’s wrong? | 到底出什么事了? |
[1:00:39] | What’s wrong? What do you think is wrong? | 出什么事了?出什么事了? 你说出什么事了? |
[1:00:40] | You’ve been having an affair with one of my patients. | 你没有和我的一个病人 插上一小腿吗?哈? |
[1:00:43] | Who? | 和谁啊?你在说什么……? |
[1:00:45] | Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about! | 别装作你不知道我在说什么! 你很清楚我在说什么! |
[1:00:47] | – Joan… – Don’t speak! | – 琼…… – 你住嘴! |
[1:00:49] | I just talked to her. She told me the whole thing. | 我才和她谈过。 她告诉了我所有的事。 |
[1:00:51] | – Who? Who? – Who? Who! Who! | – 谁啊?到底是谁嘛? – 谁?谁!谁! |
[1:00:53] | Mrs. Pollack. Amy Pollack. | 波拉克夫人,艾米・波拉克。 |
[1:00:56] | – Can I explain something? – You know Amy Pollack? | – 我…我能向你解释一下吗? – 你认识艾米・波拉克吗? |
[1:00:58] | No. You cannot explain anything. You little fucking asshole! | 不,你什么都不用解释。 你个该死的小混蛋! |
[1:01:00] | Will you calm down? | 你能冷静一下吗? |
[1:01:02] | Don’t you tell me to calm down! | 别他妈跟我说什么冷静一下! |
[1:01:04] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么回事啊? 怎么那么歇斯底里…… |
[1:01:05] | What is wrong? | 我怎么回事? |
[1:01:07] | I treat this woman and she exits, | 我给这女人治疗,完了她出门, |
[1:01:09] | and you meet her and you fuck her! | 你…你就认识了她,你就日了她! |
[1:01:12] | Supposing I told you that my fucking Amy Pollack… | 假如我告诉你我日艾米・波拉克 其实象征着一种… |
[1:01:15] | was a disguised plea for more closeness with you? | …掩饰起来的恳求, 恳求与你更加亲近,你会怎么说? |
[1:01:18] | Then I’d say you are a mental case! | 噢,天哪,那我会说你真精神有病! |
[1:01:21] | – This is you with your first wife. – You’re crazy. | – 就像你对你第一个妻子那样。 – 你疯了。 |
[1:01:22] | You were claiming you loved her, you couldn’t live without her, | 你口口声声说你多么爱她, 你多么离不开她, |
[1:01:25] | all the while you’re having… | 可一转身,你搞的风流韵事… |
[1:01:27] | – affair after affair. – My first wife, I told you, | – …一个接着一个。 – 我第一个妻子,我告诉过你, |
[1:01:29] | I was laying in bed with her one night. I turned off her. | 有天晚上我和她一起躺在床上, 我忽然对她提不起性趣来了。 |
[1:01:33] | Because the way the light struck her, | 因为光线打在她脸上的样子, |
[1:01:34] | suddenly she looked to me like Max Schmeling. | 突然给我的感觉她怎么那么像 马克斯・施迈林【德国拳王】。 |
[1:01:37] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我怎么说? |
[1:01:38] | Not that she wasn’t pretty, but she looked like Schmeling. I couldn’t get an erection. | 并不是说她不是个漂亮的姑娘,可她看起来 太像马克斯・施迈林了,我实在硬不起来。 |
[1:01:42] | Stop this tap-dancing! This is bullshit, understand me? | 你少他妈给我兜圈子了! 尽是扯淡,你明白我意思吗? |
[1:01:45] | It’s not bullshit. With you it’s a different story. You turned off me! | 不是扯淡。可是你的情况完全不同, 是你对我没了性趣! |
[1:01:48] | That’s what happened ever since Hilly was born. | 自从希利出生后, 你就变成这样了。 |
[1:01:51] | You’re the one… We’ve been living like brother and sister. It’s been platonic. | 你才是那个…我们只有精神生活, 就像是哥哥和妹妹。 |
[1:01:54] | Don’t you try to play “blame the victim”! | 别和我玩“指责受害者”的游戏! |
[1:01:56] | What are you talking about? | 你这叫什么话啊?我也…… |
[1:01:57] | I’m as much a victim as you! | 嘿,我一点也没比你少受害啊! |
[1:02:00] | You think that getting a blow job… | 你…你以为对我来说,让一个… |
[1:02:02] | from a big-bosomed 26-year-old is a pleasurable thing for me? | …大胸脯的26岁的姑娘 给我做口活是一件美事吗? |
[1:02:06] | You’re making me sick! I can’t believe this is happening! | 噢,你让我恶心! 我不能相信你会做出这样的事! |
[1:02:10] | – You’re overreacting. – I’m not overreacting! | – 你反应过度了。 – 我没反应过度! |
[1:02:13] | Are you trying to tell me that every week for the last four months, | 你们俩…你是不是想告诉我说, 过去四个月里每星期… |
[1:02:16] | you’ve been with her in the hotel? | …你都和她去旅馆开房? |
[1:02:19] | Oh, that’s so crazy. No, of course not! | 噢,那也太疯狂了。 我没有…不,当然没有! |
[1:02:22] | I rented an apartment. | 你知道,我…我们…我租了间公寓。 |
[1:02:24] | – I’m gonna kill you! – You’re getting… | – 噢,我要杀了你! – 你…你这是…… |
[1:02:29] | Hello, doctor. I’m sorry I’m late. | 你…你好,医生。 对…对不起,我来晚了。 |
[1:02:31] | Mr. Farber. | 法博先生。 |
[1:02:33] | Take off your coat. Come in. | 把外套脱了,到里面来。 |
[1:02:49] | I’ve been losing sleep at night. | 我晚上…我晚上睡不着觉, |
[1:02:52] | I can’t shut my eyes at night. | 我夜里合不上眼。我…… |
[1:02:55] | I think I should quit my job, but I can’t bring myself to do it. | 我考虑应该辞掉我的工作, 可是我鼓不起勇气这么做。 |
[1:02:59] | Maybe because my brother-in-law treats me kindly. | 也许是因为我姐夫对我很好。 |
[1:03:03] | But working for him is taking its toll on me emotionally. | 可是为他工作,从感情上 给我造成了很大的伤害。 |
[1:03:07] | Could you excuse me, Mr. Farber? | 能原谅我失陪一下吗,法博先生? |
[1:03:09] | What? | 什么? |
[1:03:14] | You fucked-up fuck! | 你个该死的畜牲! |
[1:03:16] | I can’t believe you fucking did this! You fucking asshole! | 我他妈不敢相信你干出这样的事! 你个该死的混蛋! |
[1:03:19] | You fucked my patient? Harry, you don’t fuck somebody’s patient! | 你操了我病人? 哈里,你不能操其他人的病人! |
[1:03:23] | Fuck you! | 我操你妈! |
[1:03:34] | – Continue, Mr. Farber. – Yeah. | – 请继续,法博先生。 – 好的。 |
[1:03:39] | I… | 我…… |
[1:03:40] | You lost your thread? You were talking about quitting your job. | 想不起说到哪儿了? 你说…你说你想辞掉你的工作。 |
[1:03:43] | Oh, right. | 噢,是的。 |
[1:03:45] | I discussed it with my wife. | 你知道,是啊…是这样, 我和我妻子商量了一下。 |
[1:03:50] | While she seems on the surface to be supportive | 尽管表面上看她好像 很支持我的样子, |
[1:03:53] | I know she’d rather I stay on. | 可我知道她还是希望我继续做。 |
[1:03:55] | She idolizes Gordon. | 她崇拜戈登。 |
[1:03:57] | I mean, all the time that’s all she does is spend time with him anyway. | 我是说,不然的话,她也不会 成天和他呆在一起了。 |
[1:04:02] | Listen, could you excuse me just one more second, Mr. Farber? | 你看,原谅我再失陪一下好么? 就一秒钟,法博先生。 |
[1:04:05] | Again? | 还来? |
[1:04:06] | Just continue. I can hear you from the hallway. Loudly! | 你尽管继续,我可以通过过道 听到你说的。大声点! |
[1:04:10] | I want you to get out of here. | 我想让你从这里搬出去。 |
[1:04:12] | I want you to get all your goddamn stuff together, | 我想让你收拾好 你他妈的所有东西, |
[1:04:15] | and I want you to get out of here. | 我想让你从这里滚出去。 |
[1:04:16] | You know, I cannot understand why the most sophisticated of women… | 你知道,我无法理解, 为何世上最练达的女人, |
[1:04:21] | can’t tell the difference between… | 却分辨不出… |
[1:04:22] | a meaningless, hot, passionate sexual affair, | …一段毫无意义的、纵情一时的、 激情洋溢的性关系, |
[1:04:25] | and a nice, solid, tranquil, routine marriage. | 与一桩美好的、坚实的、祥和的 平淡婚姻之间的区别。 |
[1:04:28] | Harry, just tell me something. Was she the only one, or were there others? | 告诉我,哈里,你跟我说实话, 就她一个人呢,还是有别的什么人? |
[1:04:31] | No, Amy Pollack was the only one. May God strike me dead if I’m lying. | 没有了。艾米・波拉克是唯一的一个。 要是我撒谎,就让上帝劈死我好了。 |
[1:04:35] | You’re an atheist, Harry! | 你是个无神论者,哈里! |
[1:04:37] | We’re alone in the universe. Gonna blame that on me, too? | 是的。嘿,我们在宇宙中孤独一支, 这你也该怪我吗? |
[1:04:40] | – Stop that tap-dancing! – Stop that! | – 噢,你又给我兜圈子! – 别这样! |
[1:04:42] | You know, you turned off me first. | 你看,是你先对我没有性趣的。 |
[1:04:44] | Oh, please! | 噢,拜托! |
[1:04:46] | No. I gave birth. When women give birth… | 不,是我生的孩子。 你知道,在女人生孩子时, |
[1:04:49] | there is a time period when their hormones just sort of go crazy. | 有那么个阶段她们的荷尔蒙 可能会变得很紊乱。 |
[1:04:53] | – Yes, but… – But they settle. | – 是的,可是…… – 但她们会平稳下来。 |
[1:04:55] | Okey. So if you’re telling me that you’re settling, I accept that. | 好啊。所以说如果你的意思是 你还在平稳,那我接受。 |
[1:04:59] | You accept that? | 那你接受? |
[1:05:00] | Oh, Harry, you are so fucking nuts! | 噢,哈里,你真他妈是个混蛋! |
[1:05:02] | Take it easy! | 放轻松点!老天哪…… |
[1:05:04] | Harry, if you’re not happy in a marriage, you don’t cheat. | 如果你觉得婚姻不幸福, 你不该欺骗。 |
[1:05:09] | And with my patient? | 居然和我的病人? |
[1:05:11] | That is a sacred trust. My patient. | 哈里,那是一种神圣的信任, 我和病人之间。 |
[1:05:13] | What do you want? Who else do I meet? | 你要我怎么做啊? 我还能见到谁啊? |
[1:05:15] | I’m here, I’m working in the room, we have the baby, | 我成天在这里,我在房间里工作, 我们有了小孩, |
[1:05:18] | you’re out there practicing, we never socialize. | 你总是在那儿看病, 我们从没社交活动。 |
[1:05:21] | So now you’re blaming me, | 这么说你现在责怪起我来了, |
[1:05:23] | because I don’t go out with you enough places, | 因为你我外出得不够多, 你没机会… |
[1:05:25] | where you can meet strangers to fuck?! | …认识陌生人让你操?! |
[1:05:28] | Look… | 你看…… |
[1:05:31] | I was merely explaining to you… | 我只是想向你解释一下, |
[1:05:33] | why my choice, of necessity, | 为什么我别无选择地… |
[1:05:36] | – is confined to your practice. – Oh, God. | – …被困在你的诊所里。 – 噢,天哪。 |
[1:05:39] | I knew you were mentally ill before I married you. | 在和你结婚前, 我就知道你精神上有病, |
[1:05:42] | But I thought because I was a trained professional that I could help you. | 可是我想,怎么说我也是个受过 专业训练的医生,我可以帮助你。 |
[1:05:47] | Hey, come on. Don’t… | 嘿,得了吧。别…… |
[1:05:49] | The last thing you wanna do is get down on yourself as a therapist. | 别太把自个儿当成个 心理治疗专家了。 |
[1:05:53] | Oh, God! | 噢,天哪! |
[1:05:55] | I want you to get your shit and get your goddamn clothes, | 我要你带上你的破烂玩意儿, 我要你拿上你他妈的破衣服, |
[1:05:58] | and I want you to get the fuck out of here! | 我要你他妈的给我 从这里滚出去! |
[1:06:01] | You are the most fucking irresponsible person… | 你是我这一辈子见到过的、 最他妈的… |
[1:06:03] | I’ve ever seen in my entire life! | …没有责任感的家伙! |
[1:06:05] | And get out! | 你给我滚! |
[1:06:10] | Continue, Mr. Farber. | 继续,法博先生。 |
[1:06:13] | Doctor… | 医生…… |
[1:06:14] | And I mean tonight, motherfucker! | 我是说今晚,我操你妈个逼! |
[1:06:25] | Dad, my Pepsi! | 爸,我的百事可乐! |
[1:06:34] | So you got even with your ex-wife and with your sister, and I was born? | 这么说为了报复你的前妻和你妹妹, 所以我就诞生了? |
[1:06:38] | Born? What are you talking about? | 诞生?你什么意思啊? |
[1:06:39] | From your pen. From your fertile imagination. | 诞生于你笔尖, 诞生于你那丰富的想象力。 |
[1:06:42] | And I mean, imagination. | 我是说,你想象出来的。 |
[1:06:44] | I wasn’t trying to get even with Joan. | 嘿,我可没想着要报复琼。 |
[1:06:46] | You created me as the shrewish, Jewish hybrid… | 噢,你把我塑造成了这样一个 泼妇加犹太人的混合形象, |
[1:06:49] | who goes off with another patient, | 跟她的另一个病人跑了, |
[1:06:50] | an orthodox divorcee from Tel Aviv. | 一个从特拉维夫来的正统的离婚者。 |
[1:06:53] | My sister never should have married Burt. This guy’s turned her into a zealot. | 可我妹妹根本不应该嫁给伯特。 你知道,那家伙把她变成了个宗教狂热分子。 |
[1:06:57] | She loves you. It wasn’t her fault your father persecuted you. | 可她爱你。以前你父亲虐待你 又不是她的错。 |
[1:07:00] | She was fine till she wound up with him– | 她以前很好, 直到她后来和他在一起了―― |
[1:07:02] | this right-wing hawk that she’s married. | 和那个右翼的强硬派结了婚。 |
[1:07:05] | Listen to him. So she disappointed you in her choice of husbands? | 瞧你说的。这么说她自己选定丈夫 令你大失所望了? |
[1:07:08] | Well, fuck you! She loves Burt. | 那还是去你的吧!她爱伯特。 |
[1:07:10] | She was a wonderful kid. She had a flair for physics. | 她是个很不错的孩子, 她对物理很有天赋。 |
[1:07:12] | Suddenly overnight, she’s kosher. | 可一夜之间,突然她就变正统了。 |
[1:07:14] | She loves you still… | 但她仍然爱你, |
[1:07:15] | despite your obvious condescension towards her life. | 尽管你那么明显地表现出了 对她的生活的不屑一顾。 |
[1:07:18] | Does she love me? | 她仍然爱我? |
[1:07:19] | Would you like to hear what she says about you? | 你想听听当你不在的时候, 她是如何说你的吗? |
[1:07:22] | He’s not so bad, Burt. He really was a very good brother. | 他没那么坏,伯特。 他以前真的是个很好的哥哥。 |
[1:07:25] | Just my father never forgave him when his wife died. | 只是我父亲由于他妻子之死, 确实没原谅他。 |
[1:07:28] | The man is not a Jewish man. that’s all! | 那家伙根本不是个犹太人, 他不是个犹太人。就这么回事! |
[1:07:31] | All right! | 好吧! |
[1:07:32] | Poor Harry. He was always lost. | 可怜的哈里,他总是感到困惑茫然。 |
[1:07:35] | He could just never accept the fact that there are things you can’t know. | 你知道,他只是永远也接受不了 这样的事实――有些事情是未可知的。 |
[1:07:39] | The man is incapable of an act of faith. | 那人做不到按信仰行事。 |
[1:07:42] | For that, I pity him. | 好吧。对此,我可怜他。 |
[1:07:44] | I would like to hug him again like when we were kids. | 你知道,我很想能再拥抱他一下, 就像我们是孩子时那样。 |
[1:07:47] | And if I was upset, he was a real comfort to me. | 那时每当我苦恼时, 他真的给过我很大的安慰。 |
[1:07:50] | What happens to us? | 我们之间怎么了? |
[1:07:51] | – Doris… – She can’t hear you. | – 多丽丝…… – 她听不见你说的。 |
[1:07:55] | And as for Joan… | 至于说到琼…… |
[1:07:57] | Joan? Joan hates me. | 琼?琼…琼恨我。 |
[1:07:59] | Well, shouldn’t she? | 她不该恨吗? |
[1:08:01] | Why should she hate me, because I was unfaithful to her? | 她为什么要恨我? 因为我对她不忠? |
[1:08:03] | No, because when she caught you, you weren’t a man. | 不,因为她抓住你的时候, 你不像个男人。 |
[1:08:07] | You turned into this double-talking, | 你变成了那个…那个满口胡言乱语、 |
[1:08:09] | wise-cracking, tap-dancing liar. | 插科打诨、支吾搪塞的骗子。 |
[1:08:12] | If she had not become so enraged, maybe we could’ve patched things up. | 可是如果她没有那么怒气冲冲的话, 你知道,也许我们可以做点弥补。 |
[1:08:16] | Listen to this guy! Deluded… | 听听着家伙说的!混淆…… |
[1:08:17] | Maybe it had tapered a bit after Hilly was born, | 也许在希利出生之后, 你们俩的性生活是有点减少, |
[1:08:20] | but you two had sex pretty regularly. | 可你们还是很有规律地过着的。 |
[1:08:22] | I have no idea why I took up with that patient. | 我…我也不知道为什么 我会和那个病人搞在一起。 |
[1:08:24] | She was available, she was adorable. | 她很容易上手,她也很可爱,你知道。 |
[1:08:27] | And my marriage was droning on. | 而我的婚姻正日趋平淡。 |
[1:08:29] | What you call “droning on,” most people call “working.” | 你所说的“日趋平淡”, 正是大多数人说的“过日子就那样”。 |
[1:08:31] | If that’s working, then marriage is not for me. | 好吧,如果过日子就那样, 那么婚姻对我不适合。 |
[1:08:33] | Well, it’s not for everyone. | 是啊,的确不是对每一个人都适合。 |
[1:08:35] | But then I get lonely. | 可是…你知道,不然我又感到孤独。 |
[1:08:37] | Hey, what do you want me to say? | 嘿,你让我怎么说呢? |
[1:08:39] | She gave me Hilly, and for that I’m eternally grateful, | 你知道,她给了我希利, 为此,我会…我会永远感激她。 |
[1:08:42] | ’cause I love him so much. | 因为我非常爱他。 |
[1:08:45] | You can have any one you want here. | 这里面的东西随便你挑一个。 |
[1:08:47] | Can I get two? | 我能要两个吗? |
[1:08:48] | You can get two. Tell you what, you get any three presents. | 你可以要两个。这样好了, 你可以随便挑三件礼物。 |
[1:08:50] | Go through the store and pick any three presents, okey? | 你在店里转一圈,随便选三件 你想要的礼物。这样行吗? |
[1:08:53] | – Would that satisfy you? – Yeah. | – 这样你满意吗? – 好。 |
[1:08:54] | – Look what I found. – Hey! | – 看看我找到了什么。 – 嘿! |
[1:08:56] | Isn’t that cool? | 这个很酷吧? |
[1:08:57] | This is the chemistry set you always wanted. Look at that. It’s perfect! | 这是你一直想要的化学套装。 你瞧这个,真太好了! |
[1:09:01] | No, no. Don’t open it yet. Let me buy it first, okey? So I don’t get into… | 不,不,先别打开。让我先去付钱,行吗? 这样我不会有…… |
[1:09:06] | – Harry! How you doing? – Larry! What are you doing here? | – 哈里!你怎么样? – 嘿,拉里!你怎么也在这儿? |
[1:09:11] | Buying my nephew a Power Ranger. | 我来给我侄儿买个“超级战队”玩具。 |
[1:09:13] | – When did you get back? – A couple of days ago. | – 不敢相信,你什么时候回来的? – 两天前吧,是啊。 |
[1:09:17] | Hey, Fay. This is Larry. I told you about Larry. | 嗨,菲伊,过来一下。 这是拉里,我跟你说过拉里。 |
[1:09:21] | – Oh, yeah. It’s nice to meet you. – Old friend, colleague, peer. | – 噢,是的。很高兴认识你。 – 老朋友、同事、伙伴。 |
[1:09:24] | – So you got back, when? – Two days ago. | – 这么说你回来了,什么时候?两天…… – 呃…两天前,是的。 |
[1:09:27] | I took a boat down the Amazon. | 我坐船从亚马逊河顺流而下。 |
[1:09:29] | – Really? God, that sounds exciting. – It was unbelievable. | – 真的吗?天哪,那一定很刺激啊。 – 难忘的经历。 |
[1:09:31] | Yes, if you don’t mind malaria and dysentery. | 是啊,如果你不担心疟疾 和痢疾的话。这家伙…… |
[1:09:32] | Butterflies the size of doves. Never seen anything like it before. | 那儿的蝴蝶有鸽子那么大, 以前还从没见到过那样的东西。 |
[1:09:36] | I can live without that, however. | 我倒是无所谓见没见过。 我不是很…… |
[1:09:38] | It was astounding. | 非常令人吃惊。 |
[1:09:40] | It sounds it. | 嗯…嗯,听上去是的。 |
[1:09:41] | – So you got back two days ago? – Two days ago. | – 不敢相信,你是两天前回来的? – 两天前。 |
[1:09:43] | – We go back a long way. – Long time. | – 我们很久以前就认识了。 – 很长时间了。 |
[1:09:45] | – We were friends… – We both started out wanting to be Kafka, | – 我们那时就成了朋友…… – 是啊,我们俩一开始都希望成为卡夫卡, |
[1:09:48] | You got slightly closer than I did. | 你比我更接近他一点了。 |
[1:09:50] | Yeah, I became the insect, and he… | 是啊,我成了昆虫【《变形记》】,而他…… |
[1:09:52] | I’m very excited. I’m amazed. | 我很兴奋,我没想到。 |
[1:09:55] | We should go out. | 我们应该聚聚,我们应该…… |
[1:09:57] | Why don’t you come to my house in East Hampton for a weekend? | 好啊。听着,为什么你们不去 我在东汉普顿的家里度个周末呢? |
[1:10:00] | – It will be great fun. – Well, let’s not get hysterical. | – 一定很有意思的。 – 噢,别太疯狂了。 |
[1:10:03] | – I’d love to. It would be fun. – Oh, it’s beautiful out there. | – 我…我很愿意去,一定很好玩。 – 噢,那里风景很漂亮。 |
[1:10:06] | It’s sand in the crotch. It’s ticks. | 不,不。你的裆下会粘满沙子, 身上会长虱子。 |
[1:10:08] | To get this guy to leave his room… | 要想让这家伙离开他屋子…… |
[1:10:10] | – He’s never had a tan. – I know. | – 他从没晒过日光浴。 – 我知道。 |
[1:10:12] | I’ve always wanted to learn how to snorkel. | 你知道,我一直很想学 戴呼吸管潜泳。我从没试过。 |
[1:10:15] | – Oh, it’s great there. – Snorkel! Where he lives, there are sharks. | – 噢,那里正是好地方。 – 戴呼吸管潜泳!他住的地方,有鲨鱼出没。 |
[1:10:18] | You see those photographs of guys with stumps for legs and arms? | 你想潜泳?你看到过那些照片没? 那些只剩下残肢断臂的家伙? |
[1:10:22] | – Am I lying? – Yes, you are. It’s fabulous. | – 我说谎了吗? – 是的,你在说谎。那里很好玩的。 |
[1:10:24] | Let me take you to dinner. We’ll talk. | 听着,我请你们俩吃饭去, 我们接着谈…… |
[1:10:26] | – No, We’ll take you to dinner. – All right. | – 不,我们请你吃饭。我们请他吃吧? – 好吧。 |
[1:10:28] | I’d love to tell you about the Amazon. It changed my life. | 好啊,我很愿意告诉你们亚马逊的事, 因为那改变了我的生活。 |
[1:10:30] | I’d love to hear it. It sounds amazing. | 噢,我很愿意听你说。 天哪,听起来非常有意思。 |
[1:10:32] | Gonna write a novel. I’ll tell you about it. | 是的,我打算写一部小说, 我会跟你聊聊的。这…算了…… |
[1:10:35] | I’m not into the Amazon. You know what the Amazon is? | 我对亚马逊没什么兴趣。 你知道亚马逊是怎么回事吗? |
[1:10:38] | The Amazon is the tiny, little heads with the lips sewn together. | 亚马逊就是那些在小小的脑袋上 长着嘴巴被缝住了的动物。 |
[1:10:41] | – No, no… – Can you picture him this way? | – 不,不…… – 你能想象他这个样子吗? |
[1:10:45] | – That’s great. We’ll go to dinner tonight. – Yeah, great. – That’d be great. | – 太好了,今晚我们就一起吃饭。 – 好的,很好。- 太好了。 |
[1:10:48] | Great. I’m single, available, with the soul of a black man. | 很好。我单身一人,没什么事, 我还有颗黑人的灵魂。 |
[1:10:51] | I smell sulfur. Do you smell sulfur? | 嘿,我闻到了硫磺味。 你们闻到硫磺味了吗? |
[1:10:54] | Hilly, did you open the chemistry set? | 希利,你把化学套装盒打开了吗? |
[1:10:57] | Hey, look! We’re almost there. | 嘿,快看!我们快到了。 “阿黛尔大学,3英里” |
[1:10:59] | Hilly. Hilly, wake up. | 希利,希利,快醒醒。 |
[1:11:01] | We’re almost… Hilly, wake up. We’re almost at the university. | 我们快到…希利,醒醒。 我们快到大学了。 |
[1:11:04] | Your dad’s gonna be honored. Limited as my curriculum was. | 你爸我就要去接受荣誉了, 你知道,不管我当时的课学得怎么样。 |
[1:11:08] | – Richard, we’re there. 5 minutes. – Hey, honey. Wake up. | – 理查德,我们到了,还有五分钟。 – 嘿,亲爱的,醒醒。我们要…… |
[1:11:11] | Something’s wrong. | 呃…哦,好像不对劲。 |
[1:11:13] | What’s the matter? | 怎么回事? |
[1:11:14] | I don’t think he’s breathing! | 我不知道,我想他没在呼吸! |
[1:11:16] | He’s dead! He’s dead! | 他死了!他死了! |
[1:11:18] | What?! | 什么?! |
[1:11:19] | I can’t believe this! I was at the doctor’s with him yesterday. | 我简直不敢相信! 昨天我还和他一起在医生那里, |
[1:11:22] | They said his heart was fine. | 他们说他的心脏没问题。 |
[1:11:23] | I’m scared! | 吓死我了! |
[1:11:24] | There’s nothing to be scared of, Hilly. | 噢,天…没什么好害怕的,希利。 |
[1:11:26] | I’m fine, Dad. | 我没事,爸爸。 |
[1:11:27] | Remember I told you death is a natural part of life? You have to embrace them both. | 还记得我告诉过你死亡是生命的 自然的一部分吗?你不得不拥抱它们两个。 |
[1:11:31] | What are we gonna do? | 这下我们该怎么办? |
[1:11:32] | I don’t know. Get back in the car. | 我不知道。 回…回到车里去。我们去…… |
[1:11:35] | – We gotta go up there. – I don’t wanna sit next to him! | – 我们得先去那里。 – 我才不坐到他旁边呢!不,没门! |
[1:11:38] | It’s ok… | 没事…… |
[1:11:41] | Welcome to Adair University. I’m Professor Wiggins. | 欢迎来到阿黛尔大学,先生。 我是威金斯教授。 |
[1:11:45] | We certainly hope you had a very pleasant trip here. | 我们希望你一路上都很愉快。 |
[1:11:48] | Would you like to rest up? Would you like some refreshments, perhaps? | 你要先休息一下吗? 或者先吃点什么? |
[1:11:51] | – Is he all right? – Hello? | – 他没事吧? – 你好? |
[1:11:52] | He’s dead, honey. You got one of them rubber bags? | 他死了,亲爱的。 你们这儿有塑料袋子吗? |
[1:11:55] | We’ve made arrangements for the body… | 我们已经给遗体作了安排, |
[1:11:58] | to be delivered to New York City. | 会将他送回纽约城。 |
[1:12:02] | I don’t think he has any immediate family, actually. | 我想…我想事实上他没什么 很亲近的家庭成员。 |
[1:12:07] | If you prefer, | 如果你希望的话, |
[1:12:08] | we can call off the proceedings. | 我们可以取消仪式。 |
[1:12:11] | – I think that’s the best idea. – No! | – 我想也许那样最好。 – 不! |
[1:12:13] | – I do. – No! | – 真的。 – 不! |
[1:12:15] | He’ll be all right. He’s here for a purpose. | 他会没事的。 他不应该白来一趟。 |
[1:12:21] | You know, I’ll… I’ll see that… | 你知道,我要…… 我要看着他的…… |
[1:12:24] | that he’s, you know… that the funeral comes off and all that. | 他的…你知道, 看着他的葬礼结束之类的事情。 |
[1:12:29] | I’ll see that he’s buried… | 我要看着他得到很好地… |
[1:12:32] | properly. | …安葬。 |
[1:12:33] | I understand. | 我理解。 |
[1:12:37] | Poor Richard! | 可怜的理查德! |
[1:12:39] | Oh, Jesus. The poor guy! | 噢,天哪,那可怜的家伙! |
[1:12:41] | Cookie! Cookie! | 曲奇!曲奇! |
[1:12:43] | I’m not gonna make it. I can’t go on. | 曲奇,我挺不过去了, 我继续不下去了。 |
[1:12:46] | Not if you keep drinking and popping those pills. | 是的,要是你老是喝个不停, 一直吞药的话。 |
[1:12:49] | Oh, Jesus. I can’t believe this. | 噢,天哪,我简直不敢相信。 |
[1:12:50] | My old school wants to honor me. I show up with a hooker and a dead body. | 我以前的学校想授予我荣誉, 而我却带着个妓女和死人出席。 |
[1:12:54] | Take it easy. You’re getting yourself all wound up about nothing. | 放松点,别这样。你根本毫无理由 要把自己弄得这么紧张。 |
[1:12:57] | – Cookie, look at me! – What? | – 曲奇,你看我! – 什么? |
[1:12:59] | Look! Look! I’m out of focus! | 你看!你看!我变模糊了! |
[1:13:01] | You look a little pale, but you’re all right. | 什么啊,我看你没事。我是说 你脸色有点苍白,但是你没…… |
[1:13:03] | I’m out of focus. I’m soft! | 我变模糊了,我模棱两可了! |
[1:13:05] | You better calm down. They’ll be here any minute. | 你最好镇静下来。 他们随时就会过来。嘘…安静…… |
[1:13:08] | No, no. It’s so humiliating. They’re gonna honor me and I’m a blob. | 不,不。这太丢人了。 他们要授我荣誉,可我却成了模糊一团。 |
[1:13:12] | You look fine. Don’t worry. | 你没事,你看上去很好。别担心。 |
[1:13:13] | I’ll be sitting on the dais. They’re eating. | 我去不了…如果我坐在讲台上, 他们在下面吃东西。 |
[1:13:16] | They’ll get seasick. They’ll throw up. | 他们看了会晕船的, 他们会呕吐的。 |
[1:13:18] | Hold my hand. Hold my hand. Now relax. | 握住我的手,握住我的手。 现在放松。 |
[1:13:20] | You drive all the way here so your son can see you honored, | 你看你一路开车赶到这里, 就是为了让你儿子看到你接受荣誉, |
[1:13:23] | and you make a jackass out of yourself! | 可你这样的表现简直是瞎胡闹! |
[1:13:25] | But don’t you see? I’m a huge blur! | 可是你没看见吗? 我变成了一大坨糊糊! |
[1:13:28] | You’re gonna be all right. I’m gonna talk you down. | 你会没事的,坚持一下。 我来跟你谈谈,让你平静下来。 |
[1:13:30] | I’ve seen all kinds of guys O.D. Heroin, acid, crack. You name it. | 我见过各种各样毒品用过量的家伙, 海洛因、�u�_丸、可卡因,随你说好了。 |
[1:13:34] | I didn’t take any of that stuff. I have nothing. | 我又没用那些玩艺儿。 我什么都没用。 |
[1:13:36] | Yeah, but you’re a pill-popper. | 是的,可你还是药片吞个不停。 |
[1:13:38] | That’s not what it is, Cookie. | 不,不是因为这个,曲奇。 |
[1:13:39] | It’s me. I’m OD’ing on myself. | 是因为我,我受够了我自己。 |
[1:13:42] | – It’s that I’m a shit. – Have some black coffee. | – 因为我就是一坨狗屎。 – 行了,喝点黑咖啡吧。 |
[1:13:43] | I don’t want any coffee. I don’t want anything. I’m a shit! | 我不想喝什么咖啡, 我不想喝任何东西。我就是狗屎! |
[1:13:45] | Talk to me about something. | 跟我说点什么吧。 |
[1:13:47] | You like sports? | 你喜欢运动吗? |
[1:13:48] | Sports? Yeah. I was a pitcher. | 运动?喜欢。我曾经…曾经是个投手。 |
[1:13:51] | When a guy crowded the plate, I used to throw at his head, | 当…当一个家伙挤在本垒时, 我通常瞄着他的头击球。 |
[1:13:53] | ’cause I’m the worst person in the world. | 因为我是这个世界上最烂的烂人。 问题出在这里。 |
[1:13:56] | – Honey, I’ve seen worse. – Who’s worse than me? | – 亲爱的,我见过…我见过更烂的。 – 谁?谁会比我更烂? |
[1:13:59] | Hitler! | 希特勒! |
[1:14:00] | All right. Maybe Hitler. | 好吧,也许希特勒比我烂, |
[1:14:01] | Maybe Hitler, Goering, and Goebbels, but I’m fourth, right behind them. | 也许希特勒、戈林、戈培尔都比我烂, 可我排第四,紧跟着他们。 |
[1:14:05] | Come on. Hold my hand. | 好了,过来。握住我的手,握住我的手。 |
[1:14:06] | – Can you feel my hand? – Yes, it’s warm. | – 你能感觉到我的手吗? – 是的,很温暖。 |
[1:14:09] | See? It’s just panic. You’re not a blob. | 瞧见没有?你只是有点抓狂。 你不是什么模糊一团。 |
[1:14:12] | – I know. I’m gonna get over this. – Come on. | – 我知道,我会好起来的。 – 好了。 |
[1:14:14] | I’m having a panic attack. I have these attacks. | 我突然就抓狂了。 我经常会抓狂。 |
[1:14:16] | What sports do you like? | 你喜欢什么运动? |
[1:14:18] | I like them all. I like baseball. I like basketball. | 我不知道。我都喜欢。 我喜欢棒球,我喜欢篮球。 |
[1:14:21] | I was married to a woman, Cookie, who… she looked like Max Schmeling. | 我曾和一个女的结过婚,曲奇, 她…她看上去像马克斯・施迈林。 |
[1:14:26] | No, I’m not joking. | 不,我没开玩笑。她…她…… |
[1:14:28] | All right, it’s time. | 呃…哦。好吧,他们来了。 |
[1:14:30] | I can’t get through this without you. I mean it. | 曲奇,我…要是没有你, 我肯定熬不过这一切。我说真的。 |
[1:14:33] | Don’t worry about it. Don’t worry. | 别担心了,别担心。 |
[1:14:34] | – If you didn’t come with me today… – Don’t worry about it. Come on. | – 要是你今天没跟我一起来…… – 别担心了,起来吧。 |
[1:14:37] | Straighten up! | 打起精神! |
[1:14:39] | I gotta get a tie. I gotta get my tie. | 我得打上领带, 我得把我的领带打上。 |
[1:14:41] | All right. Let’s go. | 好了,准备好。 |
[1:14:47] | Are you ready to be immortalized by Adair? | 你将在阿黛尔英名永驻, 你已经准备好了吗? |
[1:14:50] | I teach your books. These are some of my literature students. | 我讲授你的书。 他们是我的一些文学学生。 |
[1:14:53] | – Yes? – Yes. | – 是吗? – 是的。 |
[1:14:54] | We all know all your work, your characters, even the obscure ones. | 我们都了解你的所有作品,你的所有人物, 即使是那些很不起眼的角色。 |
[1:14:57] | Good reading is a creative act. | …不,不。阅读好作品 是一种创造性的行为。 |
[1:15:00] | So are you working on anything now? | 那么你现在正在写什么东西没有? |
[1:15:01] | Something we can look forward to sinking our teeth into? | 我是说我们能够指望 让我们全身心投入进去的东西? |
[1:15:04] | I’m in the midst of writing… | 实际上我正写了一半, |
[1:15:06] | a thing on the devil who comes and kidnaps a man’s one true love, | 有关于魔鬼的,他上来绑架走了 一个男人的真爱, |
[1:15:11] | and takes her down to hell, and he goes to retrieve her. | 将她带入了地狱, 他要去地狱把她找回来。 |
[1:15:14] | Since it’s hell, I’m able to settle a lot of old scores. | 你知道,既然那是地狱,我可以 利用下优势,把许多成年老账清算一下。 |
[1:15:18] | What’s the man like? | 是啊。那人是个什么样的人呢? |
[1:15:20] | It’s me, thinly disguised. | 那人是我,稍稍改头换面了一下。 |
[1:15:23] | In fact, I don’t even think I should disguise it anymore. | 实际上,我…我甚至没打算 想要在里面改头换面。 |
[1:15:27] | It’s, you know, it’s me. | 那就是…你知道,那就是我。 |
[1:15:29] | Floor five: | 第五层: |
[1:15:31] | subway muggers, aggressive panhandlers, and book critics. | 地铁抢劫犯、攻击型乞丐、 和书评家。 |
[1:15:35] | Floor six: | 第六层: |
[1:15:36] | right-wing extremists, serial killers, lawyers who appear on television. | 右翼极端分子、系列杀人狂魔、 在电视上露面的律师。 |
[1:15:41] | Floor seven: | 第七层: |
[1:15:42] | the media. | 媒体人。 |
[1:15:43] | Sorry, that floor is all filled up. | 抱歉,这层已经全满了。 |
[1:15:46] | Floor eight: | 第八层: |
[1:15:47] | escaped war criminals, TV evangelists, and the NRA. | 潜逃的战争罪犯、 电视福音传道者、和全美步枪协会。 |
[1:15:51] | Lowest level: | 最底层: |
[1:15:52] | everybody off. | 人人都下。 |
[1:16:24] | What did you do? | 你做了什么? |
[1:16:25] | I invented aluminum siding. | 我发明了铝合金墙板。 |
[1:16:41] | Harry! | 哈里! |
[1:16:44] | Dad! | 爸爸! |
[1:16:45] | Get me out of here! This is terrible! | 快把我从这里弄出去! 这里太可怕了! |
[1:16:47] | You know how I could never stand hot weather. | 你知道我从来就受不了炎热天气。 |
[1:16:49] | What is this man doing here? | 这人为什么在这里? |
[1:16:51] | He’s condemned to eternal suffering. | 他被判遭受永恒的苦难。 |
[1:16:52] | Harry, help me! | 哈里,帮帮我! |
[1:16:54] | I don’t understand. I demand to know the charges. | 我不明白,怎么…? 我要求知道他的罪名是什么。 |
[1:16:57] | “He behaved unconscionably toward his son, | “他不公正地对待他的儿子, |
[1:16:59] | “accused the boy of committing a capital crime merely by being born.” | “仅仅由于出生, 就指控孩子犯下了弥天大罪。” |
[1:17:03] | Your wife, they told me, is dead. | 他们告诉我,你妻子死于生产。 |
[1:17:05] | But your son, he’s thriving. | 而你儿子,他活了下来。 |
[1:17:08] | Why did he fight not to be born? | 为什么他挣扎着不想出生呢? |
[1:17:11] | Look, I forgive him. | 嘿,你听着,我原谅了他。 |
[1:17:13] | What’s over is over. | 你知道,我…过去的都已经过去了。 |
[1:17:16] | It’s finished. Let him go to heaven, please! | 那些…这些都已经了结了。 让他到天堂去吧,求你了! |
[1:17:20] | I’m a Jew! We don’t believe in heaven. | 我是犹太人! 我们才不信什么天堂呢。 |
[1:17:23] | – Where do you want to go? – To a Chinese restaurant. | – 那你想去哪儿? – 去中国餐馆。 |
[1:17:26] | Take him to Joy Luck. I love him despite everything. | 带他去“福乐园”。 不管他做了什么,我仍然爱他。 |
[1:17:50] | Looking for someone? | 在找什么人吗? |
[1:17:54] | I’m here to get Fay. | 我是来找菲伊的。 |
[1:17:55] | She’s not coming with you. | 她不会跟你回去的。 |
[1:17:57] | What are you telling me? Because you’re the head of this whole underworld, | 你这什么意思?就因为你是这儿 整个阴曹地府的头头, |
[1:18:01] | that you can just abduct her and get away with it? | 你就可以随意绑架她 而不受到惩罚吗? |
[1:18:03] | I’m going to kidnap her back. What are you laughing? | 我要绑架她回去。 你笑什么? |
[1:18:06] | You dare to match your powers against mine? | 你胆敢拿你的力量与我的相比? |
[1:18:08] | – You wanna know why? – Yeah, I do. | – 你想知道原因吗? – 是的,我想知道。 |
[1:18:11] | I’m sorry. Forgive me for laughing. | 对不起,原谅我发笑。 |
[1:18:13] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:18:15] | I’m more powerful than you because I’m a bigger sinner. | 我…我比你更强大, 因为我比你罪孽深重。 |
[1:18:19] | Because you’re a fallen angel, | 因为你只是个堕落的天使, |
[1:18:22] | and I never believed in God or heaven or any of that stuff. | 而我…我却从来没相信过上帝, 或天堂,或诸如此类的东西。 |
[1:18:25] | I’m strictly quarks and particles and black holes. | 我只坚信,你知道, 夸克啊、粒子啊、黑洞啊等等。 |
[1:18:29] | All the other stuff is junk to me. | 你知道,所有其他玩意儿 在我看来都是扯淡。 |
[1:18:32] | And also I do terrible things. | 所以我…还有我干过可怕的事情。 |
[1:18:34] | I’ve cheated on all my wives, and none of ’em deserved it. | 我…我欺骗了我所有的妻子, 她们没人应该受到如此对待。 |
[1:18:37] | I sleep with whores, | 我…我和婊子们睡觉, |
[1:18:39] | I drink too much, and I take pills, | 我…我酗酒成性,我吞食药片, |
[1:18:42] | and I lie, and I’m vain and cowardly, | 我撒谎,我爱慕虚荣、胆小如鼠, |
[1:18:45] | – and prone to violence. – violence? | – 还有…还有我有暴力倾向,你知道。 – 暴力倾向? |
[1:18:48] | I once almost ran over a book critic with my car, | 我有次几乎拿我的车 撞翻一个书评家, |
[1:18:51] | but it swerved at the last second. | 只是在最后一刻,车突然拐向了一边。 |
[1:18:53] | You ever had two women at once? | 你有没有一次玩过两个女人? |
[1:18:55] | Yes, I did have two women at once. And I’ll tell you something else. | 一次玩俩?玩过,我确实玩过三陪。 我还可以告诉你更刺激的。 |
[1:18:57] | I didn’t care that it was exploitive. And I’ll tell you something else. | 我才不在乎那是不是太过分了, 我来告诉你更刺激的。 |
[1:19:01] | – They were sisters. – Really? | – 她们是姐妹。 – 真的啊? |
[1:19:02] | Yes! Absolutely. Two blond WASP sisters. | 是的!绝对没骗你。 两个金发碧眼的白种女人姐妹。 |
[1:19:05] | – Not the Sherman twins? – Yes, the Sherman twins. Exactly! | – 你不是在说谢尔曼双胞姐妹吧? – 对,谢尔曼双胞姐妹,正是她们!你…… |
[1:19:09] | They’re here. | 她们也在这儿。 |
[1:19:10] | – The Sherman twins are here? – Sure. | – 谢尔曼双胞姐妹在这儿? – 当然。 |
[1:19:12] | Unbelievable! So, do you know Sandra Pepkin? | 这太不可思议了! 那么你认不认识桑德拉・派珀金呢? |
[1:19:15] | Do I know Sandra Pepkin? Only the best blowjob in the Hadassah. | 我认不认识桑德拉・派珀金?只知道 在哈达萨【妇女犹太组织】,她的口活最棒。 |
[1:19:18] | So, if you know Sandra Pepkin, | 既然你也认识桑德拉・派珀金, |
[1:19:20] | I fucked her best friend, the cripple, Pearl. | 我搞了她最好的朋友, 瘸子珀尔。 |
[1:19:23] | – Oh, Pearl in the wheelchair? – Pearl in the wheelchair. Exactly! | – 哦,轮椅上的珀尔? – 轮椅上的珀尔, 没错! |
[1:19:26] | Speaking of handicaps, do you know Marie Taylor? | 既然说到了残疾人, 那么你认不认识玛丽・泰勒? |
[1:19:28] | Well, yes. But Marie Taylor I don’t count. Marie Taylor is dyslexic. | 噢,认识。不过我对玛丽・泰勒不感冒。 玛丽・泰勒有诵读困难症。 |
[1:19:32] | She put her Tampax in her nose. | 你知道,她…她把“丹碧斯”往她鼻子里塞。 |
[1:19:34] | – You ever fuck a blind girl? – No, that I never did. Did you? | – 你有没有搞过盲人女孩? – 没有,这我从没搞过。你呢? |
[1:19:37] | Oh, they’re so grateful. | 噢,她们对你感激涕零。 |
[1:19:39] | – Would you like a drink? – You’re terrible. | – 你想喝点什么吗? – 你太损了。 |
[1:19:41] | Could I get some tequila? | 呃…我能来点龙舌兰酒吗? |
[1:19:44] | I’ve got great tequila. Sit down. Make yourself at home. | 好的,当然。我的龙舌兰酒很不错。 你坐下吧,随意点好了。 |
[1:19:47] | You want me to turn on the air conditioner? | 你要我把空调打开吗? |
[1:19:48] | – You’re air-conditioned here? – Sure. Fucks up the ozone layer. | – 你这里装了空调? – 当然。那会破坏臭氧层。 |
[1:19:51] | I could be very comfortable down here. | 噢…天,你看,在这下面我感到很惬意啊。 |
[1:19:54] | I’ll tell you something, Harry: I love it. I love it here. | 我这么跟你说吧,哈里: 我很喜欢,我很喜欢这里。 |
[1:19:57] | I wouldn’t be anyplace else. | 我不想到任何其他地方去。 |
[1:19:59] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | – 给你。 – 谢谢。 |
[1:20:00] | I’ve been offered a lot of jobs in your world, but why should I be an employee? | 在你那世界,有好多工作让我去做, 可是我为什么要受雇于人呢? |
[1:20:05] | Here, I’m my own boss, you know, I’m free. | 在这里,我是我自己的老板, 你知道,我自由自在。 |
[1:20:06] | What kind of jobs did they offer you? | 他们让你干什么样的工作? |
[1:20:08] | For two years, I ran a Hollywood studio, | 有两年时间, 我经营过一家好莱坞制片厂, |
[1:20:10] | but you can’t trust those people. | 可是你不能信任那些人。 |
[1:20:12] | I agree with you. Better to rule down here… | 我同意你说的。 与其在天堂当差, |
[1:20:14] | than to serve in heaven. That’s Milton, I think. | 不如在此地称王。是吗? 那是弥尔顿说的吧【《失乐园》】,我想是。 |
[1:20:17] | – To evil! It keeps things humming. – No, no… Oh, jeez. | – 为罪恶干杯!那使世界运转起来。 – 不…不,噢,天哪。 |
[1:20:20] | So you kidnapped Fay? | 这么说你绑架了菲伊,哈? |
[1:20:22] | Yes, I did. | 是的,是我。 |
[1:20:23] | Some women are turned on by aggressive, assertive behavior. | 有些女人遇到攻击性的、 决断的行为会很兴奋。 |
[1:20:26] | Yeah, so if I suddenly kidnapped her back? | 是啊,那我突然把她绑架回去会怎么样? |
[1:20:29] | You kidnap? | 你绑架她? |
[1:20:30] | It’s not your style. You’re not a fun guy. | 不,那可不是你的风格。 你不是个喜欢开玩笑的家伙。 |
[1:20:32] | You’re too serious. Fay knew that. You’re too angry at life. | 你太认真了。菲伊了解你。 你对生活有太多的怨气。 |
[1:20:35] | I got a lot to be angry at. | 噢,有太多的事情让我有怨气。 |
[1:20:37] | Who doesn’t? | 谁没有呢? |
[1:20:37] | But sooner or later, Harry, you gotta back off. | 可是或早或晚,哈里, 你应该平和下来。 |
[1:20:40] | It’s like Vegas. You’re up, you’re down. | 就像在拉斯维加斯, 你有赢的时候,你有输的时候。 |
[1:20:43] | But in the end, the house always wins. | 可是最终结果,总是赌场赢。 |
[1:20:46] | Doesn’t mean you didn’t have fun. | 可那并不意味着你没获得乐趣。 |
[1:20:48] | Now, one thing you are not is a kidnapper. | 你看,你决不可能去做的事, 就是成为一个绑架者。 |
[1:20:51] | Kidnapper! | 绑架犯! |
[1:20:52] | Listen to me! | 听我说! |
[1:20:54] | Get out of my way! Can’t you see you’re walking with a fucking kidnapper? | 别挡着我!你们没看出来吗? 你们和一个他妈的绑架犯走在一起? |
[1:20:58] | – You’ll have to come with me, sir. – No, no, no… | – 你不得不跟我走了,先生。 – 不,不,不…… |
[1:21:02] | – You’re under arrest, Mr. Block. – I think it’s some mistake. | – 你被拘捕了,布洛克先生。 – 我想一定是弄错了。 |
[1:21:04] | – How could I kid… – I gotta put the cuffs on you. | – 我怎么可能绑…… – 我不得不给你戴上手铐,布洛克先生。 |
[1:21:06] | – You stay over there. – How can I kidnap my own son? | – 你站在那儿别乱动。 – 我怎么可能绑架我自己的儿子? |
[1:21:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道你怎么…… |
[1:21:11] | Hey, we got drugs in the bag. | 嘿,我们在她包里发现了毒品。 |
[1:21:13] | Let me go, bitch! Just let me go! | 放开我,贱货!快放开我! |
[1:21:15] | – Get them in the car. – Get off of me, bitch! | – 把他们押上车。 – 放开我,贱货! |
[1:21:18] | Come on, get off of me! Just Get off of me! | 快点,放开我!快放开我! |
[1:21:21] | Can’t I be honored and then arrested? | 能让我先接受荣誉,然后再逮捕我吗? |
[1:21:23] | No, we can’t do that. I’m sorry, Mr. Block. | 不行,我们不能那么做。 对不起,布洛克先生。 |
[1:21:26] | Kidnapping. | 绑架, |
[1:21:28] | Prostitute in your car in possession of marijuana. | 你车上坐的妓女拥有大麻, |
[1:21:32] | Possession of an unlicensed firearm. | 你拥有一件没有上照的武器。哼…… |
[1:21:34] | I told you already about the firearm. | 我已经告诉过你那枪的事。 |
[1:21:36] | There was a crazy woman on my roof shooting at me. | 有个疯女人站在我屋顶上 想开枪打我。 |
[1:21:38] | I got the gun away from her, I put it in my car. I was gonna hand it in. | 我从她手里夺过了枪,我把它放在我车里。 我本打算要上交的。 |
[1:21:42] | – I gotta make another phone call. – You made your call. | – 我得再打个电话。 – 你已经打过了。 |
[1:21:45] | Yeah, I know, but that didn’t count. That was to my girlfriend’s answering service. | 是的,我知道。可那不应该算, 那是…那是留给我女朋友的口信。 |
[1:21:48] | – I’m trying to keep her from getting married. – You also called your sister. | – 我…我想阻止她去结婚。 – 你也给你妹妹打过电话了。 |
[1:21:51] | My sister wasn’t in. | 是的,我妹妹不在家。 所以,你知道…… |
[1:21:53] | You called your lawyer. | 你还给你律师打过。 |
[1:21:55] | My lawyer was at Canyon Ranch. I can never get my lawyer! | 咳,我律师在“峡谷农场”。 我从来没找到过我律师!他从不…… |
[1:21:58] | Can I give you some advice? | 你能听我一句话吗? |
[1:22:00] | You’re in deep shit. | 这下你麻烦大了。 |
[1:22:09] | This time, I think you’ve really had it. | 这…这一次,我想你闹大发了。 |
[1:22:14] | – Hey, it was your idea to kidnap Hilly. – It was my idea? It wasn’t my idea. | – 嘿,是你出的主意去绑架希利的。 – 我的主意?不,那不是我的主意。 |
[1:22:18] | I made a joke. You don’t have to act out on every impulse. | 我开个玩笑,你知道, 你没必要一冲动就付诸实施了。 |
[1:22:22] | You’ve got to tell me the truth. Is it better being dead? | 你一定得告诉我真实情况。 死了以后是不是更好? |
[1:22:25] | No, it’s not really. But there’s one good thing. | 更好?不,不算太好。 不过,你知道,有一个好处―― |
[1:22:28] | You don’t get called for jury duty, but then you have no options. | 呃…你不会别无选择地 被硬叫着去参加陪审团了。 |
[1:22:32] | It’s not for you. | 你不善于做那个。 |
[1:22:33] | Jesus, I’m no good at life. | 天哪,你看,我的生活一无是处。 |
[1:22:35] | No, but you write well. | 是啊,可是你写得很好。 |
[1:22:37] | I write well, but that’s a different story, | 我写得很好,可那是另一回事, |
[1:22:39] | because I can manipulate the characters and plots. | 因为我可以操纵里面的人物和情节。 |
[1:22:41] | You create your own universe, but that’s much nicer than the world we have. | 你创造你自己的世界,可是,你知道, 我认为那比我们现实中存在的世界要好得多。 |
[1:22:45] | But I can’t function in the world we have. I’m a failure at life. | 可是在现实世界中我不能正常运作, 你知道,我是个生活的失败者。 |
[1:22:49] | I don’t know. I think you bring pleasure to a lot of people. | 唔…我不知道。我认为 你给许多人带来了乐趣。 |
[1:22:52] | – That’s good. – But even that’s drying up. | – 那很好。 – 可即使这个也开始枯竭了。 |
[1:22:55] | For the last months, | 过去几个月里, |
[1:22:56] | I haven’t been able to come up with a meaningful idea to write. | 我…我一直无法构想出一个 有意义的创意来写作,你知道。 |
[1:23:00] | Make peace with your demons and your block will pass. | 那么…你和你的魔鬼做把交易吧, 这样你的阻断就会过去了。 |
[1:23:05] | Jesus, it sounds so trite, but I just want to be happy. | 天哪,我知道我这样说听起来太陈腐了, 可是,你知道,我就是希望感觉幸福。 |
[1:23:10] | To be alive is to be happy. Take it from me. | 活着就是幸福。你看看我。 |
[1:23:15] | Hey, Block. Come on. | 嘿,布洛克,你过来。 |
[1:23:20] | Some people just put up your bail. | 有人刚替你作了保。 |
[1:23:22] | My bail? | 替我作保? |
[1:23:23] | That’s right. This way. | 没错。在那边。 |
[1:23:26] | – Harry. – You? | – 哈里。 – 是你们? |
[1:23:27] | – We got the message on our service. – Came right from our wedding. | – 是的,我们收到了你的留言。 – 婚礼一结束直接就过来了。 |
[1:23:31] | – You did? – We’re on our way to our honeymoon. | – 你们…你们结啦? – 我们正要去度蜜月。 |
[1:23:34] | – You got married? – You have to ask? | – 你们结婚啦? – 你看不出来吗? |
[1:23:37] | I can’t believe it. In the end, you chose him over me? | 我…我不敢相信。 到末了,你还是选了他而不是我? |
[1:23:41] | – I can’t fathom this! – You’re gonna insult me… | – 我实在想不通! – 你怎么这么无理? |
[1:23:43] | after we ran from the altar to keep you from rotting in prison? | 我们从圣坛直接跑了来, 免得你会烂在这监狱里。 |
[1:23:46] | I know you get claustrophobic. | 是啊,我知道你多么害怕幽闭恐怖。 |
[1:23:48] | Plus you’re the perfect punk. You’ll get buggered by every con in the cell block. | 再说你本来就是个十足的混子, 你会被号子里的所有犯人轮暴后门的。 |
[1:23:51] | You’re the guy that should be in there! | 你才是那个应该呆在那里面的家伙! |
[1:23:53] | Because you stole her from under my nose. | 因为你从我眼皮底下把她偷走了。 |
[1:23:55] | Harry, he did not steal me. | 哈里,他没有偷走我。 |
[1:23:57] | I love him. | 我爱他。 |
[1:23:59] | I can’t fathom this. | 可我…我真是想不通! |
[1:24:01] | I appreciate your coming, but I can’t… | 我…我…你看,我很感激你过来, 可我想不…… |
[1:24:04] | why? Why not me? | 为什么?为什么不选择我? |
[1:24:06] | You told me I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with you, so I didn’t. | 为什么?你告诉过我不要爱上你, 所以我就没爱上你了。 |
[1:24:09] | How could you listen to me? You know how crazy I am! | 你怎么能听我的话嘛? 你又不是不知道我有多神经! |
[1:24:12] | Well, you were my mentor. That’s why. | 可你是…你是我的导师啊, 所以我听你的。 |
[1:24:14] | But you were sleeping with your mentor. | 可你和你导师上过床了啊。 |
[1:24:17] | So? I’ve slept with my gynecologist. | 那又怎样?我还和我的妇科大夫上过床呢。 |
[1:24:19] | What has that got to do with anything? | 你这话又打哪儿说起啊? |
[1:24:21] | You’re gonna snorkel down the Amazon with him, when you could have me? | 你能…我…你想和他一起去亚马逊 戴管潜泳,而将我晾在一边吗? |
[1:24:25] | I will never be the writer you are. I know that. | 哈里,你听我说,我永远也成不了 你这样的作家。这我知道。 |
[1:24:29] | You put your art into your work. I put it into my life. | 你把你的艺术放入了书中, 而我把我的放在了我生活里。 |
[1:24:32] | I can make her happier. | 我可以使她更加幸福。 |
[1:24:33] | – I love you. – So… | – 我爱你。 – 那就…… |
[1:24:35] | I do. It’s just that I’m in love with Larry. | 是的,真的是的。 只是我现在爱的是拉里。 |
[1:24:40] | I’m his wife. | 我是他妻子了。我…… |
[1:24:42] | I love you, too, Harry. Give us your blessing, | 我也爱你,哈里。 求你了,祝福我们吧, |
[1:24:44] | so that we can go and enjoy our honeymoon. Okay? | 这样我们就可以去 好好享受我们的蜜月了。行吗? |
[1:24:47] | We’ll be in Santa Fe about a month, and when we come back, | 我们打算在圣达菲玩一个月。 当我们回来之后,我们再…… |
[1:24:50] | we’ll all go out. We’re friends. | 我们再一起聚聚。 是的,我是说,我们还是朋友。 |
[1:24:52] | This is where you’re going on your honeymoon? He’s taking you to the desert? | 这就是他要带你去度蜜月的地方吗? 他要带你到沙漠去? |
[1:24:54] | – Yeah. You’d never take me to the desert. – Sand? | – 是的。你绝对不会带我到沙漠去。 – 看沙子? |
[1:24:57] | The desert is cactus. | 沙漠里只有仙人掌。 |
[1:24:58] | It’s Heela monsters, Gila monsters, whatever you call them, lizards, is the desert. | 只有“希拉”大毒蜥,或“吉拉”大毒蜥, 不管你怎么叫,都是蜥蜴,那沙漠里。 |
[1:25:03] | – Harry, please! – Harry, give us your blessing, please? | – 哈里,拜托! – 哈里,给我们祝福吧,求你了? |
[1:25:05] | Give ’em your blessings, | 快祝福他们, |
[1:25:07] | before I throw you back in that fucking jail cell, and I bugger you! | 否则我就把你扔回他妈的号子里, 并亲自开你的后庭! |
[1:25:11] | I don’t know what to say. I love you. | 噢,天哪!我不知道说什么了。 我爱你。 |
[1:25:15] | This guy… | 这家伙…… |
[1:25:17] | I’ve loved… | 我爱了…… |
[1:25:21] | I give up. I give up. | 我投降,我投降了。 |
[1:25:25] | – We’ll get you home, all right? – What am I going to say? | – 我们送你回家,好么? – 我说什么呢? |
[1:25:28] | Santa Fe, you’re gonna take her? With the tacos? | 圣达菲,你真要带她去? 带着玉米馅卷? |
[1:25:53] | Harry, what about the honoring ceremony? | 哈里,授你荣誉的仪式进行得怎么样? |
[1:25:58] | We haven’t had the ceremony. | 我们还没有进行仪式。 |
[1:26:00] | The police interrupted. | 被警察打断了。 |
[1:26:03] | What, am I dreaming? | 怎么回事,我…我在做梦吗? |
[1:26:05] | Everybody dreams. | 人人都做梦。 |
[1:26:07] | Come on! | 快点啦! |
[1:26:08] | Professor Clark has everything planned. | 克拉克教授已经把一切都准备好了。 |
[1:26:12] | Can I bring Hilly? | 我…我能把希利也叫上吗? |
[1:26:14] | Well, it’s your dream! | 这是你自己的梦呀! |
[1:26:17] | Stebbins Hall? | 在“斯特宾斯大厅”? |
[1:26:19] | Everyone is waiting to honor you. | 人人都在等着授你荣誉呢。 |
[1:26:22] | After all, you created them. | 毕竟,是你创造了他们。 |
[1:27:29] | I love all of you. Really. | 我爱你们所有人,真的。 |
[1:27:31] | You’ve given me some of the happiest moments of my life, | 你们给了我这一生中 最最幸福的一些时刻, |
[1:27:35] | and you’ve even saved my life at times. | 你们甚至不时地 挽救过我的生命,你知道。 |
[1:27:38] | And now you’ve actually taught me things, | 现在…现在事实上 你们教会了我许多东西, |
[1:27:41] | and I’m completely grateful… | 我真心诚意地感激…… |
[1:27:43] | I think the author’s message is to know yourself, stop kidding yourself, | 我认为作者想要表达的是: 认识你自己,不再瞎胡闹, |
[1:27:47] | accept your limitations, and get on with your life. | 接受你自己的有所不能, 好好地生活。 |
[1:27:50] | It’s amazing. To me… | 真太奇妙了。在我看来… |
[1:27:52] | it’s a really interesting character– | 这真的是一个非常有趣的人物―― |
[1:27:54] | A guy… | 有个家伙… |
[1:27:55] | who can’t function well in life, | 在生活中他不能正常地运作, |
[1:27:58] | but can only function in art. | 却…却可以且只能在艺术中发挥才能。 |
[1:28:01] | It’s sort of sad in a way and also funny. Good for a novel. | 这或多或少有些悲哀,却也很有趣。 是很好的小说素材。 |
[1:28:04] | But your books all seem a little sad on the surface, | 你的书表面上看起来 都有点悲哀, |
[1:28:07] | – Really? – which is why I like deconstructing them. | – 是吗? – 这就是为什么我喜欢解构它们的原因。 |
[1:28:09] | Because underneath they’re really happy. It’s just that you don’t know it. | 因为透过表面,它们的深层表现其实是快乐, 只是你自己没有意识到而已。 |
[1:28:14] | I tell you. I feel like I’m in a dream. | 我想说的是, 我感到我这是像在一个梦里。 |
[1:28:17] | This, for me, is like the best dream I’ve had in months. | 在我看来,这好像是我这几个月来 做过的最美好的梦, |
[1:28:20] | The happiest dream. | 你知道,最最幸福的梦。 |
[1:28:22] | Oh, I like it. I like it! | 噢,我喜欢,我喜欢这主意! |
[1:28:26] | A character who’s too… | 一个人物,他在生活中… |
[1:28:28] | neurotic to function in life, | …太疯狂了,不能正常地运作, |
[1:28:31] | but can only function in art. | 却可以且只能在艺术中发挥才能。 |
[1:28:36] | Notes for a novel. | 一部小说的几点考虑。 |
[1:28:38] | Opening possibility: | 一些开放的可能性: |
[1:28:41] | Rifkin led a… | 里夫金过着… |
[1:28:42] | fragmented, | …支离破碎的、 |
[1:28:43] | disjointed, | 混乱无序的… |
[1:28:44] | existence. | …生活。 |
[1:28:45] | He had long ago come to this conclusion: | 他很久以前就得出了如下的结论: |
[1:28:48] | All people know the same truth. | 所有人都知道同一个真相。 |
[1:28:51] | Our lives consist of how we choose to distort it. | 我们的生活由我们选择 如何去扭曲这一真相所构成。 |
[1:28:54] | Only his writing was calm. | 只有写作能使他平静。 |
[1:28:57] | His writing, which had, in more ways than one, | 他的写作以这样或那样的方式, |
[1:29:01] | saved his life. | 挽救了他的生活。 |
[1:29:09] | [ obliged to citrella for help in jewish languages ] | [ 感谢入江直树在犹太语方面的帮助 ] |
[1:29:17] | [ translation & synchronization: loco-whopper ] | [ 中文翻译、字幕同步:疯狂弥天大幌 ] |
[1:29:31] | [ thanks for watching! ] | [ 谢谢观看!] |